时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | I’ve seen death, I’ve seen… | 我见过死亡 我见过… |
[00:11] | …my friends, my men being killed. | 我的朋友和弟兄们被杀害 |
[00:15] | and | 并且… |
[00:18] | This is… | 不消几天 |
[00:20] | It doesn’t take too many days of that and you change dramatically. | 你整个人就会有很大的改变 |
[00:25] | We were hungry, we had no food… | 我们很饥饿 没有食物 |
[00:27] | …we didn’t have ammunition, it was cold, didn’t have any clothes. | 也没有弹药 天气严寒 我们却没有冬装穿 |
[00:30] | You couldn’t build a fire. | 连火也不能升 |
[00:31] | If you did, some crazy thing would shoot at you. | 如果你升个火 就会有人向你疯狂射击 |
[00:34] | Every where you would look, you would see dead people. | 不管是往哪里看 你都会看到死人 |
[00:36] | A dead soldier there, here. Ours, theirs. | 到处都是死掉的士兵 有我们的人也有他们的 |
[00:40] | Then civilians besides. Dead animals. | 还有死掉的平民 还有掉的牲畜 |
[00:47] | So, death was all over. | 死亡到处可见 |
[00:49] | You don’t have a chance when your friends go down to really take care of them as you might. | 当你的战友倒下 就算你想也无法去救他们 |
[01:00] | And especially if you’re under attack, moving, or whatever. | 尤其在你遭到攻击…或者是冲锋的时候 |
[01:08] | I withstood it well but… | 我当时忍受得住 但是… |
[01:10] | …I had a lot of trouble in later life… | 后来的人生却出现很大问题 |
[01:16] | …because… | 因为… |
[01:18] | …those events would come back and… | 这些事情不断浮现眼前 |
[01:23] | You never forget them. | 你永远也忘不掉 |
[03:55] | 转 折 点 | |
[04:02] | ( 1945年1月2日 ) | |
[04:04] | (比利时 亚耳丁森林 ) | |
[04:10] | After holding the line at Bastogne… | 在死守巴斯通防线后 |
[04:12] | …Easy Company was again called on to help push… | E连再次被征调 |
[04:14] | …the Germans back through the Bulge. | 协助击退在突出部的德军 |
[04:16] | We were here this morning and then we came this way. | 我们早上在这儿 然后我们由这里过来 |
[04:20] | Right, so, right here’s gotta be the logging road… | 对 所以这里应该有条伐木道路… |
[04:22] | …coming into here, which means we get right there. | 通到这里 就是说我们会走到这里 |
[04:25] | – Take it easy. – Stop crying, Malark… | – 轻一点! – 别叫 马拉其 |
[04:27] | …or I’ll nail it to your head. | 不然我把它钉到你头上 |
[04:28] | Good, it’s made of wood. | 你钉吧 反正那是颗木头 |
[04:30] | – Guarnere, move them out, let’s go. – Yes, sir. | – 葛奈瑞 叫他们出发 我们走 – 是 长官 |
[04:33] | 2nd Platoon, let’s go! | 第二排 我们出发了 |
[04:34] | I was glad to be out of my foxhole and moving again. | 我很高兴能离开散兵坑 再度前进 |
[04:37] | Even if only to get warm. | 就算只是为了取暖 |
[04:40] | Spread out. Keep your interval. | 散开点 保持间距 |
[04:50] | E Company was sent to clear the Bois Jacques the woods near the town of Foy… | E连被派去搜索靠近佛伊镇的森林区 |
[04:54] | …in preparation for what we knew would be the eventual assault on Foy itself. | 大家都知道这是为即将对佛伊的最后攻击做好准备 |
[04:59] | I see it, Buck. Watch for mines. | 我看到了 巴克 小心地雷 |
[05:05] | During that 1,000 yard attack through the woods… | 在穿越那片森林一千码距离的攻击行动中 |
[05:07] | …we encountered German machine gun fire and had a couple of casualties. | 我们遭到德军零星机枪射击 并有少许伤亡 |
[05:11] | But, for the most part, met little resistance. | 但大部分情况 只遇到小小的抵抗 |
[05:24] | Hoobler’s run-in with the German officer on horseback… | 胡伯勒遇到骑马的德国军官 |
[05:26] | …was the most dramatic moment of the day. | 是这天最戏剧化的一刻 |
[05:38] | Halt! | 站住! |
[05:41] | Halt! | 站住! |
[06:07] | Shit. | 妈的 |
[06:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:28] | Hoobler had been talking about getting a Luger since Normandy. | 胡伯勒从诺曼第登陆开始 就一直说要弄把鲁格枪 |
[06:31] | As we dug in, he went from foxhole to foxhole… | 在我们挖散兵坑的时候 他一坑一坑告诉大家 |
[06:34] | …telling everyone how he’d finally got one. | 他是怎样终于弄到一把 |
[06:36] | Down he goes, right out of the saddle, like a sack of potatoes. | 他就从马鞍上像一袋马铃薯般掉下来 |
[06:39] | Outstanding accuracy on my part, if I do say so myself. | 如果要我自己说 我还真够准 |
[06:43] | – Which you do. – Which I do. | – 你是很准 – 我是很准 |
[06:45] | Hell, Shifty, I think maybe I could have even given you a run for your money. | 西福弟 我想我也许该让你打一发来赌一赌 对不? |
[06:49] | No, I’m not a good shot. | 不 我没那么准 |
[06:51] | Now, Dad, he was an excellent shot. | 我爸是个超级射手 超水准 |
[06:53] | Excellent, I declare, he’d shoot the wings off a fly. | 他可以把苍蝇的翅膀射掉 |
[06:56] | Lip, that German, what’d you think he was doing? | 李普! 你想那德国人本来想干什么? |
[06:58] | Probably a little recon. | 可能是小规模侦察 |
[07:00] | He must have figured nobody would hear a horse. | 他一定以为没人会听见马声 |
[07:03] | – I think he was trying to get outta Dodge. – Yeah. | – 我想他只是出来透气… – 是啊! |
[07:06] | What happened to the horse? | 那匹马怎样? |
[07:07] | I don’t know, probably still running. Hope he’s okay. | 不知道 可能还在跑 希望它没事 |
[07:12] | – You dug in? – Yeah. | – 你的坑挖好了吗? – 是的 |
[07:15] | Yeah, just thought I’d take a walk, shoot the shit. | 只是想走一走 开几枪 |
[07:18] | You’re a good shot, Hoob. Just glad you’re on our side. | 你是个好射手 胡伯勒 很高兴你是我们这一边 |
[07:21] | Thanks, Lip. | 谢谢你 李普 |
[07:23] | – Hey, Lip? – Yeah. | 李普 |
[07:25] | – Thanks for the help. – You got it, Shifty. | – 谢谢你的帮忙 – 没问题 西福弟 |
[07:29] | – Lip? – Yes. | – 李普? – 在 |
[07:31] | – You got a sec? – Yes, sir. | – 你有空吗? – 有 长官 |
[07:36] | Give him a hand. | 去帮他忙 |
[07:40] | – Where’s Dike? – He’s around. | – 戴克去哪了? – 他在附近 |
[07:43] | Could you be more specific, Sergeant? | 军士长 你可否再明确一点? |
[07:46] | Not really, sir. | 我不太确定 长官 |
[07:47] | I haven’t seen him all day. | 该死 我有一整天没看到他了 |
[07:49] | Didn’t see him in the woods… | 在穿越森林时我也没看到他 |
[07:51] | …and I have to figure out how we ended up. | 而我得自己数出伤亡数字 |
[07:53] | – Two wounded. – Who? | – 两员受伤… – 是谁? |
[07:55] | – Brown and Stevenson. – Goddamn it. | – 布朗跟史帝芬森… – 可恶! |
[07:59] | Where’s Dike? Where the hell is he? Where does he ever go? | 戴克到底在哪? 我是说他到底会去哪? |
[08:02] | I don’t know, but I wish he’d stay there. | 我不知道 可是我希望他永远别出现 |
[08:04] | Be nice if he took Lieutenant Shames with him. | 他最好带着宣姆士少尉一起去 |
[08:06] | – Shut up, boys. – Shutting up, Sarge. | – 你们都给我闭嘴 – 闭嘴了 军士长 |
[08:09] | What the hell is that? | 那是怎么回事? |
[08:13] | – Patrol? – No, we would have heard. | – 巡逻队? – 不是 很远就会听见了 |
[08:17] | – One man, maybe a sniper. – That was no rifle. | – 一个人 也许是狙击手 – 那不是步枪的声音 |
[08:20] | What do you see, Shift? | 你看到什么了 西福弟? |
[08:22] | Nobody out there. | 那里没人 |
[08:23] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗? |
[08:25] | Jesus, it’s Hoob, he’s shot. | 是胡伯勒 他中枪了 |
[08:27] | – Sniper? – No, he shot himself. | – 狙击手吗? – 不 他打到自己 |
[08:31] | – Stupid. – Medic! | – 真蠢 发生什么事? – 医生! |
[08:32] | – What happened? – Doc. | – 发生了什么事? – 医生 |
[08:35] | – Is he all right? – It’s my fucking leg. | – 他还好吗? – 是我的腿 |
[08:37] | – He did what? – It just went off. | – 他怎么了? – 它突然走火 |
[08:39] | – What happened? – It just went off. | – 发生了什么事? – 它突然走火 |
[08:41] | Why is there a loaded gun in your pants? | 你干嘛把上膛的枪放在裤子里? |
[08:43] | – Buck, I wasn’t touching it or nothing. – Goddamn it. | – 巴克 我碰都没碰 – 该死 |
[08:46] | – I wasn’t touching it, I swear. – Medic! | – 我没有碰它 我发誓 – 医护兵! |
[08:48] | Where are you hit, Hoob? | 你伤到哪里 胡伯勒? |
[08:49] | – Where are you hit? – In my leg. | – 你伤到哪里? – 我的腿 |
[08:51] | Hold on. | 撑下去 胡伯勒 |
[08:54] | Now, don’t look. It’s gonna be fine. Don’t worry about it. Come on. | 你别看 胡伯 会没事的 别担心 |
[08:57] | It hurts like a son of a bitch. I think maybe I hit bone. | 真他妈的痛啊! 我想我也许打到骨头了 |
[09:01] | Doc! | 医生! |
[09:03] | Don’t worry about it. You’ll be all right. | 别担心 胡伯 会好的 |
[09:05] | Warm him up. | 帮他保暖 |
[09:06] | Can you hear me? | 你听到我吗 胡伯? |
[09:08] | – Somebody keep him warm. – Sergeant. | – 谁来帮他保暖 – 军士长… |
[09:11] | – Let me see it. – Hang in there. | – 让我看看 – 撑下去 |
[09:14] | Warm up some blankets or something for him. | 要不要给他弄些毛毯什么的? |
[09:16] | You’re gonna be fine. | 你会没事的 |
[09:17] | Keep talking to him. | 继续跟他说话 别停 |
[09:19] | Okay, listen to me. | 好 听我说 |
[09:21] | – Think it was a German leg? – Yeah, right. | – 你以为你的是德国腿吗? – 是的 |
[09:24] | You’re gonna be fine. | 你会没事的 |
[09:28] | Hold on. Perconte, put this across him. | 坚持住 派康提 把这个替他裹上 |
[09:31] | Wrap him up. | 给他保暖 |
[09:33] | Hang in there. Come on. | 撑下去 胡伯 |
[09:36] | Lip. You said I was a great shot, right? | 李普 你说我是个好射手吧? |
[09:40] | You’re a great shot. Come on, you jump out of planes. | 你是个好射手 你是跳伞的 |
[09:43] | You’re tough. He’s still shivering. | 你是个硬汉…撑着 |
[09:45] | It’s not that bad at all, come on. | 情况没那么糟 撑着 |
[09:47] | Stay with us. Hoob, take it easy. | 坚持下去 胡伯 没事的 |
[09:49] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办? |
[09:51] | – How are we doing? – You’re gonna be fine. | – 怎么办? – 会好的 |
[09:53] | We’ve gotta get him to an aid station. | 我们得送他去救护站 |
[09:55] | – Hold on tight. – All right, let’s get ready to move him. | – 抓紧 – 好 我们准备来搬他 |
[09:58] | Take it easy. Stay there, Hoob. | 别紧张 撑下去 胡伯 |
[10:01] | Doc. Can’t see anything | 医生 我什么也看不见 |
[10:03] | Doc! | 医生! |
[10:12] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[10:16] | Perco, we need a jeep. | 派康提 我们需要一辆吉普车 |
[10:24] | He was wearing so many clothes, we couldn’t tell how bad he was bleeding. | 他穿太多衣服了 无法判断他失血的状况 |
[10:27] | By the time we got him to the aid station, he was already dead. | 等到我们把他送到救护站时 他早已断气了 |
[10:32] | The bullet cut the main artery in his leg, sir. | 子弹切断他腿里的大动脉 长官 |
[10:35] | Hell, Lip. | 见鬼 李普 |
[10:37] | It wouldn’t have made a difference if you had known. | 就算你们知道也没差别 |
[10:40] | Cut that main artery in the leg, that’s it. | 大动脉被切断 一切就完了 |
[10:43] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[10:45] | I’m gonna go back and make sure the boys are all dug in, sir. | 我要回去确定兄弟们都挖好散兵坑了 |
[10:49] | Lip. | 李普 |
[10:52] | Where’s Dike? | 戴克在哪里? |
[10:54] | You wanna see him, sir? | 您要见他吗 长官? |
[10:56] | No, I just would have expected to get this kind of news from him. | 不是 我只是以为这种事该是他来向我报告 |
[11:00] | I was there, sir. | 我当时在场 长官 |
[11:03] | I figured it might as well be me. | 我想还是由我向您报告 |
[11:17] | “Where’s Dike?” | “戴克在哪里? “ |
[11:19] | I probably heard that question 1,000 times. | 我可能已听过这个问题有一千遍 |
[11:22] | I probably asked it a few times myself. | 我自己也可能问过几遍 |
[11:25] | There were long stretches where we didn’t know where Lieutenant Dike was. | 曾有几次很长时间我们不知道戴克中尉的去向 |
[11:29] | He’d disappear, go off on these walks for hours at a time. | 他会消失 一次巡视就好几个小时 |
[11:32] | Wouldn’t have been so bad if he was just one of the guys in the company… | 他如果只是连上兄弟之一 情况不会那么糟 |
[11:36] | …but Lieutenant Dike was supposed to be leading the company. | 戴克中尉应该是领导全连的人 |
[11:41] | Captain Winters was a CO we could all respect. | 温特斯上尉曾是全连景仰的连长 |
[11:45] | Moose Heyliger probably would have done a good job… | 穆斯海力格可能也会有好表现 |
[11:47] | …but before we got a chance to find out, he was accidentally shot by a sentry. | 可是在有机会看到之前 他被哨兵开枪误伤 |
[11:52] | Then came Norman Dike. | 接着诺曼戴克来了 |
[11:54] | I want tight security around the company CP, Lieutenant Shames, that understood? | 我要连指挥部四周严密戒护 宣姆士少尉 了解吗? |
[11:58] | Dike wasn’t a bad leader because he made bad decisions. | 戴克之所以领导不佳并非他做出错误决定 |
[12:01] | He was a bad leader because he made no decisions. | 而是因为他不做决定 |
[12:05] | Now, Battalion S-3 is planning a move. | 营作战部正在计划一次行动 |
[12:09] | So, I will probably be called away regularly. | 所以我可能常会被叫去开会 |
[12:13] | – Are there any questions? – Yeah. | – 有什么问题吗? – 有 |
[12:17] | What’s the formation you want us to go for? | 你要我们以什么队形前进? |
[12:21] | At present, as per usual, but I’ll clarify that with you at a later time, Lieutenant Compton. | 跟平常一样 我待会再跟你确认 康普顿中尉 |
[12:27] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[12:31] | All right, I gotta make a call. | 好 我得去打个电话 |
[12:42] | Let’s move it out. | 我们出发了 |
[12:48] | Dike was the favorite of somebody at Division. | 戴克是师部某人的爱将 |
[12:51] | He’d been sent down to E Company to get some combat experience. | 他被调来E连 吸取作战经验 |
[12:55] | Sometimes we got the feeling E Company was an annoyance to him. | 有时我们觉得他对带领E连很感冒 |
[12:59] | Something he had to get through before he could continue his march up the ladder. | 是一件在他官阶更上层楼前必要的不愉快经历 |
[13:04] | I’m telling you boys, we’re screwed. | 我告诉你 弟兄们 我们完蛋了 |
[13:06] | If you ask me, I’m glad Dike’s never around. | 如果你问我 我会高兴戴克中尉从来不出现 |
[13:08] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[13:09] | We’re doing all right, even with Foxhole Norman. | 就算跟着”散兵坑诺曼”也不会这么糟 |
[13:13] | Yeah, we’re doing all right. We’re doing all right now. | 对 唐 我们现在还好 |
[13:16] | If you noticed, there’s a little town down the hill. | 如果你留意 在那山脚下有个小村落 |
[13:18] | In that town are these guys, and these guys are called Germans. | 在村里有一群人 叫做德国人 |
[13:21] | – And these Germans got tanks. – I know. | – 并且这些德国人有坦克车 – 我知道 |
[13:23] | Yeah. | 对 |
[13:25] | And our side’s gonna wanna go into that town. | 而我方想要进入那个小镇 |
[13:27] | Guess who they’re gonna want to go knocking on the goddamn doors. | 你猜他们会要谁去敲那扇该死的门? |
[13:31] | I know, Bill, it’s me you’re talking to here. | 我知道 比尔 你是在跟我说话 |
[13:35] | Jesus Christ, we’ve gotta do all this with a CO… | 老天 我们得跟一个… |
[13:39] | …who’s got his head so far up his ass that lump in his throat is his goddamn nose. | 完全没进入状况的连长去执行任务 |
[13:44] | – Hey First Sergeant. – Boys. | – 嘿 军士长 – 弟兄们 |
[13:47] | – Sarge. – Lip. | – 中士 – 李普 |
[13:48] | Muck… | 穆克… |
[13:49] | – …what’s the word? – You know. | – 情况如何? – 你知道的… |
[13:52] | Sitting around, freezing our ass off. | 坐到屁股冻烂 |
[13:56] | – Singing Dike’s praises. – Yeah. | – 唱着赞美戴克的歌 – 对… |
[13:59] | Lieutenant Dike. | 戴克中尉 |
[14:02] | I’ll tell you… | 我告诉你 |
[14:06] | …I wouldn’t wanna be a replacement officer coming in here… | 要是我的话 我不会愿意当个替补军官 |
[14:09] | …getting thrown in with a group of guys who’ve known each other for two years. | 就这么被丢进一群彼此已经认识两年的弟兄们里 |
[14:16] | They’ve been in combat together since Normandy. | 从诺曼第就一起作战的兄弟 |
[14:19] | You’re supposed to just show up and lead them? | 就这么突然出现 带领他们 |
[14:23] | How’s a guy do that? | 有谁能办得到? |
[14:26] | How could anyone really hope to gain the respect of the toughest… | 谁能期待在一群欧洲战区中 |
[14:31] | …most professional most dedicated sons of bitches in the entire ETO? | 最骁勇善战的战士中得到尊敬? |
[14:39] | So, if you ask me, a guy’d have to march off to Berlin… | 所以如果你问我这样的人必须行军到柏林 |
[14:43] | …and come back with Hitler’s moustache or something. | 然后带着希特勒的胡子回来 |
[14:49] | Anyway, listen. | 总之 听着 |
[14:52] | You guys, don’t worry about Dike. | 你们别再担心戴克了 |
[14:54] | – All right? – Yeah. | – 好吗? – 好 |
[14:56] | We all do our jobs, everything will be fine. | 我们做好份内的工作 一切都会没事的 |
[15:05] | – See you, Sarge. – Yeah, boy. | – 一会儿见 军士长 – 好 小子 |
[15:08] | I don’t know if I believed any of that… | 我也不知道自己信不信这些话 |
[15:10] | …but as Company First Sergeant it was my job… | 但身为连队军士长 这是我的工作 |
[15:13] | …not to protect Dike… | 不是去保护戴克 |
[15:15] | …but to protect the integrity of the company. | 而是去保护连队的完整 |
[15:18] | You know what Dike’s problem is, don’t you? | 你知道戴克的毛病在哪里吧? |
[15:21] | He’s just another one of those arrogant, rich jerks from Yale. | 他只是另一个来自耶鲁的有钱自大狂 |
[15:25] | God, not another one of those. | 天啊 别又来一个了 |
[15:31] | Division’s not gonna let me replace him just ’cause I got a bad feeling about him. | 师部不会因为我对他的感觉不好而撤换他 |
[15:35] | Even if they would, who’d I put in his place? | 就算他们会 我该找谁替他? |
[15:40] | Shames? | 宣姆士吗? |
[15:41] | Do not ever talk when I’m talking, you got that? | 我讲话时你们给我闭嘴 |
[15:44] | He’s seen too many movies. Thinks he has to yell all the time. | 宣姆士看了太多战争电影 以为他得一直用吼 |
[15:46] | Both of you little crapheads did not listen to a word I said during that briefing, did you? | 你们两个猪头在简报时都没注意听 对吧? |
[15:52] | Or Peacock? | 或是皮卡克? |
[15:53] | God bless him, no one tries harder but he’s not cut out to take men into combat. | 老天保佑他 他真的很努力 但他不适合带兵作战 |
[15:57] | I’m not gonna make him Company CO when I don’t want him as a platoon leader. | 我连排长都不想让他干 更不会让他当上连长 |
[16:03] | What about Compton? | 康普顿呢? |
[16:05] | He’s the only real choice. | 巴克是目前唯一的选择 |
[16:08] | Buck’s a real combat leader, but, you know… | 巴克是个真正的战斗领导 可是你知道 |
[16:13] | I want Easy Company to have at least one experienced platoon leader. | 我希望E连至少要有一个有经验的排长 |
[16:17] | Not that it matters anyway ’cause I can’t get rid of Dike. | 这些考虑都无所谓 反正我也甩不掉戴克 |
[16:23] | Well… | 嗯… |
[16:24] | …we all know who you’d like to have running Easy. | 我们都知道你要谁来带领E连 |
[16:27] | Trouble is it’s not your job any more. | 问题是这不是你的工作了 迪克 |
[16:31] | We’ve gotta find somebody. | 工作总得有人去做 |
[16:41] | We all agreed Buck Compton would’ve been the best choice to run Easy… | 我们都同意巴克康普顿会是带领E连的最佳人选 |
[16:44] | …if Winters had been able to get rid of Dike. | 如果温特斯能够甩掉戴克的话 |
[16:49] | But, to be honest… | 可是老实说 |
[16:50] | …Buck wasn’t the same soldier he’d been before he got shot in Holland. | 巴克已经不是以前那个在荷兰中弹前那样的战士了 |
[16:54] | He was more serious somehow. | 他现在变得比较严肃 |
[16:55] | He had a goddamn Luger in his pants. | 他竟然把鲁格枪放在裤子里 |
[16:58] | Jesus. Dear God. | 老天爷 |
[17:01] | Don’t you two do something stupid like that, all right? | 你们俩可别给我做出那样的傻事 知道吗? |
[17:04] | – Try not to, Buck. – I mean it. | – 我尽量 巴克 – 我是认真的 |
[17:07] | And you, Wild Bill… | 还有你 疯狂比尔 |
[17:10] | …I’ve invested too much goddamn time… | 我可在你身上花很多时间 |
[17:12] | …shaping you into something useful. | 把你塑造成可用之材 |
[17:15] | Do something crazy, get yourself knocked out of this thing… | 你要是做出什么疯狂的举动 把你自己给撂倒了 |
[17:18] | I know, you’ll kill me. | 我知道 你会把我杀了 |
[17:20] | Even if you’re dead, I’ll still kill you. | 就算是你死了 我还是要杀你 |
[17:24] | I’ll see you guys later. I’m gonna check on the other guys. | 我们待会见 我要去看看别的兄弟 |
[17:33] | Crazy Joe McCloskey. | 疯子”乔麦克罗斯基” |
[17:35] | What? | 什么? |
[17:36] | This guy used to hang at the front of Delancey’s and just… | 这家伙以前常在迪兰西防线走动 |
[17:39] | …you know, just stare at people. | 盯着大家看 |
[17:41] | Yeah, I know who Crazy Joe McCloskey is. | 我知道谁是疯子”乔麦克罗斯基” |
[17:44] | What the hell’s that got to do with anything? | 这跟什么扯得上关系 贝比? |
[17:46] | Buck kind of reminds me of him now. | 巴克有点让我联想到他 |
[17:50] | – What? – Ever since he got shot in Holland… | – 什么? – 你也知道他在荷兰受伤后 |
[17:52] | Wait. | 等等… |
[17:55] | What, are you saying he’s nuts? | 你说他是个疯子? |
[17:57] | ‘Cause Crazy Joe McCloskey was fucking nuts. | 因为疯子”乔麦克罗斯基”是神经病 |
[17:59] | – That’s why they called him Crazy Joe. – No, I’m not saying he’s nuts. I’m just… | – 他们叫他疯子乔… – 不 不是说他是疯子 只是… |
[18:04] | What are you saying? | 什么? 你要说什么? |
[18:06] | Forget it. | 算了! |
[18:07] | – What? – Forget it. | – 什么? – 算了! |
[18:10] | Come on, you’ve seen him, Bill. | 拜托 你看过他那样 比尔 |
[18:11] | He’s all wound up like a spring. | 他整个人紧张得像个弹簧似的 |
[18:14] | He’s fine. | 他很好 |
[18:19] | It wasn’t getting shot that got him, it was being in that hospital. | 他不是因受伤才变成这样 是因为待过医院 |
[18:24] | I’ve been there, okay? | 我住过那里 |
[18:26] | It ain’t pretty. Yeah. | 那里可不好过 |
[18:29] | Once he was up and moving around, he was his old self again. | 你也看到了 他一旦动起来还是跟以前一样 |
[18:35] | I’m telling you, Buck Compton’s fine. | 我告诉你 巴克康普顿好得很 |
[18:40] | – I’m serious. – Sure thing, Buck, nothing stupid. | – 我是认真的 – 当然 巴克 不做傻事 |
[18:43] | – We got it, right? – We got it. | – 我们知道了 对吧? – 我们知道了! |
[18:46] | All right. George? | 很好! 乔治? |
[18:49] | Yeah. | 很好 |
[18:51] | Nothing stupid, Buck. | 不做傻事 巴克 |
[18:57] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[19:01] | “Don’t do anything stupid”? Who the hell’s he talking to? | “不做傻事”? 他在跟谁说话? |
[19:04] | Bunch of morons who volunteered to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. | 一群白痴志愿从好好的飞机里向下跳 |
[19:07] | – Can you get any more stupid than that? – Probably not. | – 有谁会比这样还傻? – 或许没有 |
[19:10] | Right. | 对 |
[19:11] | – I swum across the Niagara once. – Yeah. | – 我曾经游泳横渡尼亚加拉瀑布… – 是吗? |
[19:17] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[19:19] | On a bet. | 要不要打赌? |
[19:20] | What, in a barrel? | 怎么游 在桶子里? |
[19:22] | No. | 不是 |
[19:24] | I didn’t go over the Falls, George. I swam across the river. | 我不是去跳瀑布 乔治 我是游泳横渡河水 |
[19:27] | Ten miles up from the Falls. I tell you, that current is damn strong. | 是在瀑布上游十里的地方 我跟你说 那水流可真强 |
[19:31] | Yeah. | 对 |
[19:32] | Must have carried me two miles downstream before I got across. | 我至少向下游被推了两里才游上对岸 |
[19:35] | But, I got across. | 毕竟 我总算游过去了 |
[19:37] | Now, personally, I didn’t think it was all that stupid but… | 我个人并不觉得那有什么愚蠢 可是… |
[19:41] | …my mom, my sister, Ruth… | 我妈妈 我姐茹丝 |
[19:44] | …they gave me all kinds of hell. | 可把我骂得狗血淋头 |
[19:45] | – Yeah, I bet, Muck. – So did Faye. | – 我相信 穆克 – 费依也是一样 |
[19:49] | – Sweet Faye Tanner. – Shut it, George. | – 甜美的费依云娜… – 闭嘴 乔治 |
[19:53] | Well, they had a point. You’re an idiot. | 她们骂得有理 你是个白痴! |
[20:16] | I heard about Hoobler. | 我听说胡伯勒的事了 |
[20:19] | Shame. | 真可惜 |
[20:21] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[20:23] | It is. | 真可惜 |
[20:26] | – That the Luger? – Yes, it is. | – 就是那把鲁格枪? – 是 就是这把 |
[20:29] | What are you gonna do with it? | 你要怎么处理它? |
[20:31] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[20:34] | Where you from, Lipton? Where’d you grow up? | 你是从哪来的 李普? 你在哪长大? |
[20:39] | Huntington, West Virginia. | 西维吉尼亚的亨庭顿 |
[20:40] | – Huntington? – Yes, sir. | – 亨庭顿? – 是 长官 |
[20:43] | I don’t know it. | 我没听过 |
[20:46] | What kind of work did you do there? | 你在那里从事什么行业? |
[20:50] | My brother and I helped my mom run a boarding house. | 我和我弟帮我妈经营一间民宿 |
[20:54] | And your father? | 你父亲呢? |
[20:58] | He was killed when I was 10, sir. | 他在我十岁时死了 长官 |
[21:03] | Automobile accident. | 出了一场车祸 |
[21:07] | That’s sad. | 真令人难过 |
[21:13] | So, what made you decide to join the Paratroopers? | 是什么让你决定加入空降部队? |
[21:16] | I read an article about paratroopers in Life magazine. | 我在”生活”杂志上看到一篇关于伞兵的文章 |
[21:20] | Talked about the training, how hard it was. | 它提到训练有多难 |
[21:24] | Said if you want to make it as a paratrooper you had to be the best. | 又说要成为伞兵最优秀的 |
[21:28] | And I wanted to fight with the best, sir. | 而我想和最优秀的人并肩作战 长官 |
[21:31] | You miss it? | 你会想吗? |
[21:34] | Miss what? | 想什么? |
[21:35] | Huntington. | 亨庭顿 |
[21:40] | Honestly, sir, I try not to think about it that much. | 老实说 长官 我尽量不去想那么多 |
[21:47] | Where are you from… | 您是哪里人 长…? |
[22:09] | Captain Nixon, sir. | 尼克森上尉? |
[22:11] | – Captain Nixon, sir. – What? | – 尼克森上尉 – 什么事? |
[22:13] | Good morning, sir, sorry to disturb you. This came from Division. | 早安 长官 抱歉打扰你 这是从师部来的 |
[22:21] | All right. | 好了 |
[22:26] | – Morning. – Eviction notice? – Not quite. | – 早安! – 逐客令吗? – 不是 |
[22:30] | But I think this will help with your leadership problem. | 可是我想我有办法能帮你解决部队领导的问题 |
[22:33] | – Dike’s being transferred? – No, I can’t help you with that… | – 戴克被调职了吗? – 没有 那个我帮不上忙 |
[22:36] | …but Division has decided to pluck one officer… | 可是师部决定要从每个团 |
[22:38] | …from each regiment that served in the heroic defense of Bastogne… | 选出一位参与巴斯通之役的军官 |
[22:42] | …send him back to the States on a 30-day furlough. | 停职三十天送他回美国 |
[22:45] | Get him out banging the drum for the war bond drive, that kind of thing. | 去为战争公债做宣传之类的事 |
[22:49] | It turns out I’ve been plucked. | 结果是我被选中 |
[22:54] | Hey | 嘿… |
[22:56] | – That’s fantastic, Lew, good for you. – Thank you. | – 那真不错 是件好事 – 谢谢你! |
[22:59] | How in the world does your leaving help me? | 你离开怎么会帮助我? |
[23:01] | It doesn’t, I’m not going. | 是没有 我不想去 |
[23:02] | I’ve already seen the States, grew up there. That’s why I came to Europe. | 我去过美国 我在那里长大 所以我才来欧洲 |
[23:06] | Just wish they’d told me there was a war on. | 我只希望他们早点告诉我这里在打仗 |
[23:08] | Anyway, the point is, this thing’s wasted on me. | 不管怎样 重点是这件事对我是种浪费 |
[23:10] | But, I’m sure we can find an officer somewhere… | 可是我相信能在营里找到军官 |
[23:12] | …in this battalion who could use a long trip home. | 来享用这个回家的长假 |
[23:16] | Congratulations, Lieutenant Peacock. | 恭喜你 皮卡克少尉 |
[23:18] | I can’t think of anybody who deserves this more. | 我想不出有谁比你更够格的了 |
[23:21] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:24] | I’m really glad that you’re going home. Okay. | 我真高兴你要回家了 是啊 |
[23:27] | Best news I’ve heard in weeks. Hell of a guy. | 这是我这周听到最棒的消息 好人一个 |
[23:30] | Thanks, guys. It really means a lot, you know? | 谢谢你们 这对我真的是意义重大 |
[23:34] | Get out of here. | 少来了 |
[23:36] | Three cheers for Lieutenant Peacock. Hip hip hooray. | 为皮卡克少尉欢呼三次 预备 加油! |
[23:55] | If they come by here, you all remember to smile for the camera. | 如果他们来这里 要记得对镜头微笑 |
[23:58] | Got to keep the morale up for them folks back home. | 我们得让家乡的人士气高昂 |
[24:01] | Why? | 为什么? |
[24:03] | Damned if I know. | 我哪知道! |
[24:05] | All right, Nix, what have they got waiting for us in Foy? | 好了 尼克 敌军在佛伊准备了些什么在等我们? |
[24:07] | At least one company from the 10th Panzer grenadiers dug in here. | 至少有第十装甲掷弹兵师的一个连在此驻扎 |
[24:11] | They’ve also got at least one 88 although we haven’t been able to spot it yet. | 虽然还无法观测到 但至少有一门88毫米炮 |
[24:16] | – How about armor? – As of last night, three Tigers. | – 装甲车辆呢? – 到昨晚为止有三辆虎式坦克 |
[24:20] | – Would you excuse me for a moment, sir? – Yeah. | – 长官 我暂时离开一下可以吗? – 好的 |
[24:22] | How do I feel about being rescued by Patton? | 我对于被巴顿援救有何感想? |
[24:26] | I’d feel pretty peachy about it, if it wasn’t for one thing… | 这么说吧 我觉得还不错 除了一件事以外 |
[24:30] | …we didn’t need to be fucking rescued by Patton. | 那就是我们根本不需要巴顿的援救 |
[24:33] | You got that? | 你懂吗? |
[24:35] | Joe. Excuse us for a moment. | 乔 我们失陪一下 |
[24:38] | – Sorry, sir. – Sorry about what? | – 抱歉 长官 – 为什么抱歉? |
[24:41] | Patton? | 关于巴顿? |
[24:42] | I couldn’t agree more. | 我完全同意你 |
[24:44] | – What are you doing here? – I wanna head back to the line, sir. | – 你在这里干什么? – 我想上战场 长官 |
[24:47] | You don’t have to do that. Get yourself back to the aid station. Heal up. | 你不必这样做 快回救护站去疗伤 |
[24:51] | I’d really like to head back with the fellas, sir. | 我真的很想跟兄弟们在一起 长官 |
[24:57] | All right, then go. | 好 你去吧 |
[24:59] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 长官 |
[25:06] | Joe Toye had been at the aid station for three days… | 乔托伊在救护站待了三天 |
[25:09] | …and everybody was glad to have him back. | 每个人都很高兴他能回来 |
[25:11] | Especially Bill Guarnere. | 特别是比尔葛奈瑞 |
[25:14] | – Joe. – Bill. | – 乔? – 比尔! |
[25:16] | – Good to see you, pal. – You, too. | – 见到你很高兴 – 我也是 |
[25:17] | What the hell you doing back here? | 你回来干嘛? |
[25:19] | To make sure you’re on top of things. | 回来看你们是否一切顺利 |
[25:21] | I’m on top of things. Tied me own boots once last week. | 我可很顺利 上星期还自己注射毒品 |
[25:24] | All by meself. Fellas, look who I found. | 完全只靠自己 各位 看看我找到谁 |
[25:29] | – Joe Toye, back for more. – How are you, Joe? | – 乔托伊 再回来受罪! – 你好吗 乔? |
[25:32] | Yeah, doing pretty good. Escaped from the aid station. | 蛮好 从救护站逃出来了 |
[25:35] | – Where’d you get hit? – What’s that? | – 你是哪里受伤? – 是谁在说话? |
[25:37] | – It’s Webb. Replacement. – Really? | – 是新兵韦伯 – 真的? |
[25:40] | Thought it was some guy I’ve known for two years and I forgot his face. | 我以为是我认识了两年的兄弟 可是忘了长相 |
[25:44] | Joe got hit in the arm. New Year’s Eve gift from a luftwaffe. | 乔伤在手臂 是德国空军的新年贺礼 |
[25:48] | – A lot of you guys been injured? – It’s called wounded, peanut. | – 你们很多人都受过伤吧? – 这是叫做负伤 小子! |
[25:51] | Injured’s when you fall out of a tree or something. | 从树上掉下来的才叫受伤 |
[25:54] | Don’t worry, there’s enough crap flying around here. | 别担心 这里到处都有东西乱飞 |
[25:57] | You’re bound to get dinged sometime. | 你迟早都会被打中的 |
[25:59] | Almost every single one of these guys has been hit at least once. | 这里几乎每个人都至少被打中过一次 |
[26:03] | Except for Alley, he’s a two-timer. | 艾利除外 他中了两次 |
[26:04] | He landed on broken glass in Normandy… | 他在诺曼第降落在碎玻璃上 |
[26:07] | …and got peppered by a potato masher in Holland. | 又在荷兰被马铃薯搅碎机打伤 |
[26:09] | You’ll find out, son. | 你会明白的 小子 |
[26:10] | Now, Bull, he got a piece of exploding tank in Holland. | 再来是大牛 他在荷兰被爆炸的坦克碎片击中 |
[26:14] | And George Luz here has never been hit. | 还有这里的乔治鲁兹 从来没被打中过 |
[26:18] | – You’re one lucky bastard. – Takes one to know one, Skip. | – 你这个幸运的混蛋! – 彼此彼此 “史基普” |
[26:20] | – Consider us blessed. – Now, Liebgott, the skinny little guy… | – 算我俩老天保佑 – 再来是李高特 那瘦小的家伙? |
[26:25] | …he got pinged in the neck in Holland. | 他在荷兰时脖子中弹 |
[26:27] | Right next to him, that other skinny guy, that’s Popeye. | 在他旁边另一个瘦小的家伙 |
[26:30] | He got shot in his scrawny little butt in Normandy. | 他在诺曼第时瘦小的屁股中了弹 |
[26:33] | And Buck got shot in his rather large butt in Holland. | 还有…巴克的大屁股在荷兰中弹 |
[26:38] | Yeah, kind of an Easy Company tradition, getting shot in the ass. | 对 屁股中弹像是E连的传统 |
[26:41] | Even First Sergeant Lipton over there… | 那边的李普军士长… |
[26:44] | …he got a couple of pieces of a tank shell burst at Carentan. | 在卡灵顿被几片坦克炮弹碎片击中 |
[26:47] | One chunk in the face. | 一片括进脸里 |
[26:49] | Another chunk almost took off his nuts. | 另一片差点毁了他的蛋蛋 |
[26:52] | – How are those nuts, Sarge? – Doing fine, Bill. | – 你的蛋蛋还好吗 军士长? – 都很好 比尔 |
[26:57] | Nice of you to ask. | 谢谢你的关心 |
[27:01] | On the afternoon of January 3… | 1月3日下午 |
[27:03] | …most of E Company headed back to our old position in the woods overlooking Foy. | E连大部分的人回到能俯瞰佛伊的森林旧阵地里 |
[27:07] | A few men remained in the Bois Jacques attached to D Company to hold the main line of resistance. | 一些人留在与D连比邻的波扎克守住主要防线 |
[27:13] | Good luck, ladies. | 祝好运 女士们 |
[27:16] | Been nice knowing you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[27:19] | Wouldn’t drink too much if I were you. | 我如果是你就不会喝那么多 |
[27:21] | – Be careful if he offers you a cigarette. – What are they talking about? | – 如果他请你抽烟可要小心点… – 他们在说些什么? |
[27:24] | – If who offers us a cigarette? – Speirs. | – 如果谁请我们抽烟? – 史毕尔 |
[27:27] | – Who? – Lieutenant Speirs. | – 是谁? – 史毕尔中尉 |
[27:32] | Lieutenant Ronald Speirs was one of the platoon leaders in D Company. | 隆纳得·史毕尔中尉是D连的排长 |
[27:36] | He was already a legend. | 他已经是个传奇人物 |
[27:38] | The stories about Speirs are probably all bullshit anyway. | 有关于史毕尔的故事 可能都是胡说八道 |
[27:41] | What stories? | 什么故事? |
[27:43] | What stories? | 什么故事? |
[27:45] | Supposedly Speirs shot one of his own men for being drunk. | 有人说史毕尔由于酒醉 毙了一个自己排的人 |
[27:49] | You’re kidding. | 你开玩笑吧? |
[27:50] | That’s unbelievable. | 不可思议 |
[27:52] | Yeah, and there’s another one about him giving cigarettes… | 对 还有一个是有关于他先拿烟… |
[27:55] | …to 20 German POWs before killing them. | 给20个德军战俘抽 然后把他们全杀了 |
[27:59] | – He shot 20 POWs? – Actually, I heard it was more like 30. | – 他杀了20个战俘? – 事实上我听到的是约有30个 |
[28:03] | – Christenson. – Lieutenant Speirs. | – 克里斯登生! – 史毕尔中尉 |
[28:07] | – I got the name right, didn’t I, Christenson? – Yes, sir. | – 我没把你名字叫错吧 克里斯登生? – 是 长官 |
[28:11] | What are you men doing out here? | 你们在这里做什么? |
[28:14] | We’re watching the line, sir. | 我们在看守战线 长官 |
[28:18] | Keep up the good work. You might wanna reinforce your cover. | 继续努力 或许你们该加强掩体 |
[28:21] | Lieutenant Dike said not even to bother. That we’re only gonna be here one day. | 戴克中尉说不用麻烦了 说只会在此待一天 |
[28:25] | Lieutenant Dike said that? | 戴克中尉这么说的? |
[28:29] | Then forget what I said. | 别管我说的了 |
[28:33] | Carry on. | 继续 |
[28:38] | Anyone care for a smoke? | 有人要来根烟吗? |
[28:45] | You? | 你要吗? |
[28:48] | Late in the afternoon on January 3… | 1月3日下午 |
[28:51] | …we returned to our old position in the woods overlooking Foy. | 我们回到俯瞰佛伊的森林旧阵地里 |
[28:55] | You gotta be fucking kidding me. | 谁给我开这种玩笑 |
[28:59] | Someone’s gonna die. Someone’s gonna fucking die. | 有人该去死了 |
[29:01] | Guarnere, look at this shit! | 葛奈瑞 你看看这团屎! |
[29:03] | One of those 1st Battalion fuckers took a dump in my foxhole. | 第一营的哪个混蛋在我的散兵坑里拉屎 |
[29:07] | I think they shit in everyone’s foxhole, Joe. | 我想他们在每个人的坑里都拉了屎 乔 |
[29:12] | I don’t think they wanted to spend much time above ground. | 我想他们都不愿意在地面上待太久 |
[29:17] | While we were in the Bois Jacques… | 当我们在波扎克时 |
[29:19] | …the Germans had been shelling our old position. | 德军对我们的旧阵地进行炮轰 |
[29:21] | There were signs of tree bursts everywhere. | 到处都有树被炸断的景象 |
[29:24] | That got our attention. | 那引起了我们的注意 |
[29:25] | Light and noise discipline. | 禁声禁光 严守纪律 |
[29:27] | We’re getting close. | 我们越来越靠近了 |
[29:39] | Looking across the field at Foy, I could see enemy troops. | 从旷野向佛伊望去 我可以看见敌军 |
[29:42] | I still couldn’t see their artillery, but I knew it was down there. | 但还是看不见他们的大炮 可我知道它就在那里 |
[29:49] | Looks like the Krauts have been pounding this area with pretty big stuff, 88s. | 看来德军已经用他们的88毫米炮炸过这个区域了 |
[29:53] | I’d say they got this whole stretch of the line targeted. | 我敢说他们已经标定了这条防线所有战壕 |
[29:56] | – They’re not shelling now. – Maybe they’ve got a new target… | – 他们现在没有进行炮轰 – 也许他们找到了新目标 |
[29:59] | No, they’re just waiting. | 不 他们只是在等待 |
[30:00] | – For what? – For us to reoccupy the position. | – 等什么? – 等我们重新占领这个地方 |
[30:03] | Maybe we should fall back and dig in. | 也许我们该撤到不同的地点再驻扎 |
[30:05] | No, it’s our job to hold the line here. | 不 我们的任务就是要守住这里 |
[30:08] | We’ve got pretty good foxholes. We just need to fortify the covers. | 我们已经有挖好的散兵坑 只需要再加强掩体 |
[30:11] | – If they’ve got us targeted, maybe… – We hold the line here. | – 如果他们已瞄准我们了 也许… – 守住这里的防线 |
[30:15] | Sergeant Lipton’s right. | 李普军士长说得对 |
[30:16] | We’re gonna strengthen our covers and we’re gonna hang in. | 我们要加强掩体撑下去 |
[30:19] | We’re not gonna fall back. | 我们不会撤退的 |
[30:23] | Right, Lieutenant? | 对吧 连长? |
[30:28] | – Right, Lieutenant? – Fine. | – 对吧 连长? – 很好! |
[30:30] | You all take care of it. | 你全权负责 |
[30:33] | I gotta go talk to Regiment. | 我要去团部开会了 |
[30:38] | We’d better get moving. Yeah. | 我们该出发了 |
[30:43] | – Here you go, Bill. – Thanks, Lip. | – 这个给你 比尔 – 谢谢 李普! |
[30:46] | – I’ll get you some more branches. – I’d appreciate that. | – 我再帮你弄些树枝 – 感激不尽! |
[31:13] | Incoming! | 敌炮射击! |
[31:15] | Take cover! | 找掩体! |
[31:19] | Take cover! | 找掩体! |
[31:25] | Take cover! Come on, find some cover! | 快隐蔽! |
[31:29] | They got us zeroed! | 他们瞄准我们了! |
[31:32] | Find some cover, find a foxhole! | 找掩体 找散兵坑! |
[31:35] | Come on, take cover! | 快点 找掩体! |
[31:38] | Take cover! | 找掩体 |
[31:44] | Come on, find some cover! | 快点 快找掩体! |
[31:50] | Take cover! | 找掩体! |
[31:53] | Shit. | 可恶 |
[32:04] | Come on, find some cover! | 快点 找掩体! |
[32:15] | For some reason, at that moment, in that half-finished foxhole… | 不知何故 那一刻 在挖了一半的坑里 我脑海里想的 |
[32:18] | …all I could think about was the Fourth of July when I was a kid. | 都是小时国庆日的景象 |
[32:22] | I loved to make my own firecrackers, cherry bombs, ladyfingers. | 我喜欢自己做鞭炮 大龙炮 仙女棒 |
[32:27] | I loved to blow up dirt clods and pop bottles and the like. | 我喜欢炸翻土块 还有炸玻璃瓶之类的东西 |
[32:30] | Looked forward to it all year long. | 每年都期盼这一刻到来 |
[32:33] | What I saw that day was the most awesome… | 我那天看到的是我有生以来 |
[32:35] | …and terrifying display of firepower I’d ever seen in my life. | 最壮观与骇人的火力展示 |
[32:39] | Of course, I wouldn’t have been laughing if I’d known what happened to Joe Toye. | 当然若我知道乔托伊出了什么事 就笑不出来了 |
[33:44] | – Maybe we should see if anybody’s hit. – Malark, that’s what they want. | – 也许该看看有谁受伤 – 马拉其 这就是他们要的 |
[33:47] | The Krauts are trying to draw us out in the open. | 德军就是要把我们引到空旷地 |
[34:01] | Stay in your foxholes. Stay in your foxholes! | 留在散兵坑里! 留在你的散兵坑里! |
[34:06] | Are you okay, can you walk? Come on, find a foxhole, come on. | 你还好吗? 还能走吗? 快点 找个散兵坑 |
[34:09] | I gotta get up. | 我得站起来… |
[34:14] | I gotta get up. | 我得站起来… |
[34:19] | I gotta get up. | 我得站起来… |
[34:23] | I need my helmet. | 我要我的钢盔… |
[34:27] | I need help! | 我需要帮忙! |
[34:29] | – You hear that? – Is that Joe? | – 你听到了吗? – 那是乔吗? |
[34:32] | Help! | 救命! |
[34:34] | Yeah, I think that’s Joe. | 对 我想是乔 |
[34:37] | Stay. | 等着 |
[34:40] | Stay down! | 姿势放低! |
[34:43] | Stay in your foxholes! | 留在你的散兵坑里! |
[34:47] | Help! | 救命! |
[34:49] | Help, anyone there? | 帮帮我 附近有人吗? |
[34:52] | – Jesus. – I gotta get up. | – 老天 – 我得站起来 |
[34:57] | I gotta get up. | 我得…站起来 |
[35:01] | Shit. | 狗屎 |
[35:03] | Come on, Joe. Come on, buddy. | 加油 乔 |
[35:07] | Come on, pal. | 加油 老友 |
[35:08] | You said you’d get back to the States before me. | 你说过你要比我早回美国的 |
[35:11] | You ain’t going anywhere, you’re all right. | 你哪里都不会去 你会没事的 |
[35:14] | I gotta get my helmet. | 我得拿我的钢盔 |
[35:15] | – Forget it. – I gotta get my helmet. | – 别管它了 乔 – 我得拿我的钢盔 |
[35:18] | Anyone there? | 附近有人吗? |
[35:20] | – Hang on. – Help! | – 撑下去 – 救命! |
[35:24] | – Who’s that? – It’s Heff. | – 那是谁? – 是赫夫朗贝比 |
[35:26] | Come on, get me out of here, Lip. | 救我出来 李普 |
[35:32] | Come on. | 加油 |
[35:34] | I got you. | 我扶住你了 |
[35:35] | Come on, Joe, I got you. | 加油 乔 我扶住你了 |
[35:40] | Come on, Joe. | 加油 乔 |
[35:44] | Hang on. | 撑着点 |
[35:46] | Are you okay? Come on. | 你还好吗? |
[35:50] | Think I overdid it on the cover for my foxhole? | 我的散兵坑是不是掩蔽过度了? |
[35:53] | Incoming! | 敌炮射击! |
[35:58] | Take cover! | 找掩体! |
[36:08] | Come on! | 快点! |
[36:10] | Hurry up, Guarno, you’re gonna get bombed! | 葛奈瑞 你会被炸到 快点! |
[36:13] | Come on! Move it, Bill! | 比尔 快点! |
[36:18] | Come on, Joe. | 加油 乔 |
[36:21] | Hold on, I’ll be there, I’m gonna help you. | 撑着 我要过去了 我要来帮你们了 |
[36:24] | No! | 不! |
[36:29] | Medic! | 医护兵! |
[36:37] | During the second barrage, I wasn’t laughing anymore. | 在第二轮的炮击中 我再也笑不出来了 |
[37:18] | Lip! | 李普? |
[37:22] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[37:27] | Stay down! | 姿势放低! |
[37:29] | You stay down! | 你姿势放低! |
[37:31] | First Sergeant Lipton? | 李普军士长? |
[37:33] | You get things organized here. | 这里交给你指挥 |
[37:35] | I’m gonna go for help. | 我去请求支援 |
[37:41] | What the fuck? | 搞什么鬼? |
[37:47] | – Lip, where the fuck’s he going? – I don’t know. | – 李普 他要去哪? – 我不知道 |
[37:50] | Get Battalion on the line. Tell them to notify BAS. | 听着 跟营部取得联系 叫他们通知营部参谋 |
[37:53] | Battalion’s up, Lip. | 知道了 李普! |
[38:08] | Medic! | 医护兵! |
[38:19] | Stay ready. | 保持待命 |
[38:21] | Sons of bitches might be trying to come through. | 够娘养的敌军可能会试着突破我们 |
[38:24] | – You okay, One Lung? – Sergeant! | – 你还好吗? 马拉其? – 军士长! |
[38:26] | – How you doing, Popeye? – 100 percent ready to kill Germans, Lip. | – 你还好吗 普派? – 准备好要杀德国人了 李普 |
[38:35] | Okay, Joe. | 好了 乔 |
[38:41] | – Doc, what can I do? – Hold this. | – 医生 我能做些什么吗? – 抓住这里 |
[38:45] | You got a smoke? | 你有烟吗? |
[38:48] | Jesus, what’s a guy gotta do to get killed around here? | 在这里 要怎样才死得了? |
[38:54] | Bill, you’re going first. | 比尔 你先走 |
[38:56] | – Whatever you say, Doc, whatever you say. – Over here, take this man. | – 都听你的 医生 – 在这里 把他拾走 |
[39:00] | – Lip, they got old Guarnere this time. – We got you, soldier. | – 李普 这次老葛中弹了 – 我们会照顾你的 阿兵哥 |
[39:08] | Just lie back. | 你向后躺好 |
[39:14] | Take it easy. I told you I’d beat you back to the States. | 放松点 乔 我说过会比你先回美国的 |
[39:19] | Lip. | 嘿 李普 |
[39:24] | How’s Buck? | 巴克还好吗? |
[39:27] | Luz, how’s Buck? | 鲁兹 巴克还好吗? |
[39:29] | He’s fine. | 他没事 |
[39:30] | – You sure? – Yes, he’s fine. | – 你确定? – 是 他没事… |
[39:33] | I think you should probably go talk to him now. | 我想你现在最好去和他谈谈? |
[39:38] | All right. | 好的 |
[39:50] | Some say Buck changed after he was shot in Holland. | 有人说巴克在荷兰中弹后变了 |
[39:53] | Maybe. | 也许吧… |
[39:55] | I know something happened to him when he saw Toye and Guarnere on the ground. | 可我认为 当他看到托伊跟葛奈瑞倒地后对他影响很大 |
[40:09] | On the report it said Compton was being taken off the line because of trench foot. | 在报告上写着康普顿是因严重的战壕脚才离开战线 |
[40:14] | Didn’t say anything about him losing his friends. | 没有提到他失去挚友一事 |
[40:24] | Buck was a great combat leader. | 巴克是个很好的战斗领导 |
[40:27] | He was wounded in Normandy, and again in Holland. | 他在诺曼第受伤 第二次是在荷兰 |
[40:30] | He received the Silver Star for his part in taking out those German guns on D-day. | 因为在D日协助摧毁德军大炮而获颁银星勋章 |
[40:35] | He took everything the Krauts could throw at him time and again. | 他能承受德军所有炮火的摧残 |
[40:39] | Lieutenant Compton? | 康普顿中尉? |
[40:42] | “UCLA did not make the Rose Bowl this winter. | 加大洛杉矶分校今年冬天没打进玫瑰杯足球赛 |
[40:45] | “Probably because you weren’t there. | 可能是因为你不在 |
[40:48] | “I’m sure you’re teaching all of your young soldiers… | 我相信 你在教导年轻士兵 |
[40:50] | “…the joy you have of the sport. | 在运动中享受的乐趣 |
[40:53] | “Gosh, how we all know what an exciting young man you are… | 我们都知道你是多么热情的青年 |
[40:56] | “…and how your heart and love…” | 还有你的心跟爱… |
[41:02] | I guess he just couldn’t take seeing his friends Toye and Guarnere torn up like that. | 我想他就是无法接受好友托伊跟葛奈瑞受到摧残 |
[41:07] | No one ever thought any less of him for it. | 没有人因为他哭而看轻他 |
[41:21] | Hey Bull. | 大牛 |
[41:23] | With Buck off the line, there was no longer any possible alternative to Dike. | 由于巴克退下战线 再也没有替换戴克的可能 |
[41:28] | At least none we could see. | 至少我们还看不到可能 |
[41:30] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[41:33] | Muck. | 嘿 穆克 |
[41:36] | – Muck. – Yes, Sergeant? | – 穆克! – 什么事 军士长? |
[41:38] | I’m looking for Lieutenant Dike. | 我在找戴克连长 |
[41:39] | – We were stuck with Dike. – He’s over there | – 我们甩不掉戴克了 – 他在那里 |
[41:41] | And he was off taking a walk. | 而他正外出散步 |
[41:43] | Sure thing. | 当然 |
[41:49] | Lightning Six, kidnap. | 营部呼叫闪电六号 |
[41:52] | Yes, sir. We’ve cleared all the green area between… | 是 长官 我们已清除这附近所有绿色区域 |
[41:55] | We’d cleared the woods east of Foy. | 我们要扫荡佛伊东边森林区 |
[41:57] | So, a few days later, E Company and the rest of the 506… | 几天后E连及其他506团兄弟 |
[42:00] | …cleared the woods west of Foy. | 扫荡佛伊西边森林 |
[42:02] | There was little resistance. | 仅遇到小规模抵抗 |
[42:09] | You fellas know I got no reason to bullshit you, right? | 你们知道我没理由骗你们 对吧? |
[42:12] | Look, I’m not gonna bullshit you. This is what I saw. | 听着 我不会骗你们 是我亲眼看见的 |
[42:15] | It was so unbelievable, you might not believe me. | 真令人难以置信 你们可能不会相信我 |
[42:18] | So, you-know-who comes running up to Lipton. | 你们知道那个人跑去找李普 |
[42:20] | He’s got no helmet, no gear, no nothing. | 他没戴头盔 没带装备 什么都没有 |
[42:22] | First Sergeant Lipton, you organize things here… | 李普军士长 这里交给你指挥 |
[42:25] | …and I’m gonna go for help. | 我去请求…支援 |
[42:29] | I need to go polish my oak leaf clusters. | 我得去把我的校官徽擦亮 |
[42:31] | – Luz – That’s really good. | – 鲁兹 – 学得真不错 |
[42:34] | – It’s okay – Fellas. | – 还可以 – 伙计们 |
[42:37] | – Goodnight all. – Yeah, see you, Luz. – See you, Malark. | – 大家晚安! – 再见 鲁兹! – 再见 马拉其! |
[42:40] | – What can I do for you, Sarge? – Two things, first, great impression of Dike. | – 什么事 军士长? – 两件事 第一 你对戴克的描述很传神 |
[42:44] | You think so? I thought it was a little off. | 我觉得有点过火 |
[42:46] | No, you got it pretty good. Second, don’t do it any more. | 不 你表演得很好 第二 别再这么做了 |
[42:51] | Especially the part about what he said to me. | 特别是他跟我说了些什么这部分 |
[42:53] | It doesn’t do anybody any good, okay? | 对任何人都没好处 |
[42:55] | – Yeah, I got you. – All right. | – 好 我知道了 – 很好 |
[43:01] | Wise ass. | 鬼灵精 |
[43:09] | Incoming! | 敌炮射击 |
[43:28] | Luz! | 鲁兹! |
[43:30] | – Come on! – Hurry! | – 快走! – 快点! |
[43:33] | Luz! | 鲁兹! |
[43:35] | – Stay down! – Come on! | – 趴下! – 快走! |
[43:39] | Get in here! Come on! | 快点进来! |
[43:43] | – Come on! – Come on, Luz! | – 快点 – 鲁兹! |
[44:17] | – Muck and Penkala! – What? | – 穆克和潘卡拉! – 什么? |
[44:21] | Muck and Penkala got hit! | 穆克和潘卡拉被炸中了! |
[44:31] | Medic! | 医护兵! |
[44:35] | Medic! | 医护兵! |
[44:39] | It’s my shoulder. Come on, get up! | 我的肩膀 快站起来! |
[44:48] | Stay down till you get the all clear. | 趴下 直到炮击停止 |
[45:13] | – Thought you didn’t smoke. – I don’t. | – 我以为你不抽烟的 – 我是不抽 |
[45:28] | The shell that hit the foxhole Luz and I were in was a dud. | 掉进我和鲁兹散兵坑里的是颗未爆弹 |
[45:32] | The one that hit Muck and Penkala’s foxhole wasn’t. | 掉进穆克和潘卡拉的那颗不是 |
[45:35] | That’s just the way it was. | 命运就是这样 |
[45:37] | Muck and Penkala were good men. | 穆克和潘卡拉都是好人 |
[45:43] | Their death hit Malarkey the hardest. | 他们的死打击马拉其最深 |
[45:45] | Malarkey’s best friends in the Company had been Compton, Muck, and Penkala. | 马拉其在连上的死党是康普顿、穆克和潘卡拉 |
[45:49] | In less than a week, he’d seen two of them die. | 不到一个星期他就看到其中两位阵亡 |
[45:54] | – What’s the word? – The men on the line are okay. | – 情况如何? – 在战线上的兄弟还好 |
[45:57] | Food has just been resupplied. We’re in good shape. | 食物刚刚补给过来 我们的状况良好 |
[45:59] | Okay, we’ll just hunker down. We might get some relief soon. | 好 我们就保持低姿势 可能很快就可以休息了 |
[46:02] | – Okay? – All right. | – 好吗? – 行 就这样 |
[46:18] | All right. | 就这样 |
[46:25] | Later that day, we were back in our old position overlooking Foy. | 当晚我们回到能俯瞰佛伊的森林旧阵地里 |
[46:29] | We were all worried about Malarkey. | 我们都很担心马拉其 |
[46:32] | Malark. | 马拉其 |
[46:41] | Didn’t I hear you say you wanted to bring a Luger home for your kid brother? | 我是不是听你说你要带把鲁格枪回家给弟弟? |
[46:49] | Yeah. | 对 |
[46:53] | Why don’t you… | 那么… |
[46:56] | Why don’t you give him that? | 你就给他这把吧 |
[47:02] | – It’s Hoob’s, right? – Yeah. | – 这是胡伯勒的 对吗? – 对! |
[47:05] | Yeah, I was gonna get rid of it but I… | 我本来想把它丢了 可是我… |
[47:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[47:13] | Listen… | 听着… |
[47:15] | …Captain Winters was wondering if you wanted to go back to battalion and… | 温特斯上尉在想 不知道你愿不愿意回营部 |
[47:18] | …work as his runner for a few days. | 当几天他的传令? |
[47:24] | Tell him thanks, I’m gonna stay here. | 跟他说谢谢 我要留在这里 |
[47:30] | Look, why don’t you at least come back for an hour or so. | 这样吧 你至少回去一小时 |
[47:33] | Say goodbye to Buck. I’m sure it’ll mean a lot to him. | 对巴克说再见 我相信这对他意义重大 |
[47:42] | All right. | 好吧 |
[47:47] | You be careful with that. | 你带着那把枪小心点 |
[47:50] | Getting even 50 yards back from the line… | 就算只从前线退下来50码 |
[47:52] | …just for an hour or two could make a big difference in a soldier’s state of mind. | 仅仅一两个小时 对军人心理状态而言 也有很大差别 |
[48:00] | The morning after the shelling that killed Muck and Penkala… | 在穆克跟潘卡拉被炸死的隔天早上 |
[48:04] | …I saw a soldier try to dig a foxhole with his bare hands. | 我看到一位士兵想徒手挖散兵坑 |
[48:06] | Private. | 二等兵 |
[48:07] | Didn’t notice he’d torn off his fingernails. | 他没注意到所有指甲都挖断了 |
[48:09] | Private. | 二等兵 |
[48:11] | I got him out of there quickly. | 我很快把他带离那里 |
[48:13] | Not for his sake, but for ours. | 不是为了他 而是为了我们 |
[48:16] | Fear is poison in combat. | 恐惧在战斗中是毒药 |
[48:18] | It’s something we all felt, but you just didn’t show it. | 它是我们都感觉到却不表现出来 |
[48:21] | You can’t. | 你无法表现 |
[48:22] | It’s destructive and it’s contagious. | 它具毁灭性 也有传染性 |
[48:28] | – Told you I’d get you started. – We got a bleeder here. | – 我说过有办法让你振作起来… – 这有人流血不止 |
[48:36] | Buck was never the same after seeing Toye and Guarnere get hit that day. | 巴克在看到托伊跟葛奈瑞重创后 已经变了个人 |
[48:40] | I guess he just needed some time away from it all. | 我想他需要些时间远离这一切 |
[48:56] | The barrages on January 3, and the shelling on January 9… | 1月3日及9日的炮击 |
[49:00] | …marked the low point in the war for many of the men in E Company. | 是大多E连兄弟参战后的最低潮 |
[49:03] | Even then, very few actually broke. | 就算在当时 也很少人真正崩溃 |
[49:06] | I knew the terror of those shellings and the pressure we’d been under… | 但我知道炮击的恐惧和巴斯通以来所累积的压力 |
[49:10] | …since we got to Bastogne could take their toll in other ways. | 可能会从别的管道爆发 |
[49:13] | I was afraid the men would lose focus, suffer a drop in morale. | 我很担心兄弟们无法专心 士气变得低落 |
[49:17] | And that was dangerous, especially in combat. | 这是很危险的事 特别是在作战中 |
[49:21] | More of which lay in store for us. | 而我们还有无数战斗要面对 |
[49:23] | Perconte. | 派康提 |
[49:25] | We’d cleared the woods east and west of Foy. | 我们已清除佛伊东边与西边的森林 |
[49:28] | Now it was time for the inevitable assault on Foy, itself. | 现在对佛伊的攻击 是在所难免了 |
[49:31] | Frankly, I was dreading it. | 老实说 我很害怕 |
[49:33] | I always knew the E Company men who trained at Toccoa… | 我一直都知道从塔可亚 |
[49:36] | …wouldn’t survive the war unscathed… | 出来的E连兄弟不会毫发无伤 |
[49:37] | …but now I was beginning to wonder if any of us were gonna make it through at all. | 可我现在开始怀疑 我们还有人能存活下去 |
[49:42] | E Company would lead the attack. | E连将带头攻击 |
[49:44] | The problem was, at least in my estimation… | 问题是 至少在我看来 |
[49:47] | …E Company still did not have a leader. | E连依然没有领导者 |
[50:01] | The night before the attack, I did something as First Sergeant… | 在进攻的前一晚 我以军士长身分 |
[50:04] | …I would never have imagined myself doing. | 做了件我从未想象自己会做的事 |
[50:14] | Lip. | 李普… |
[50:18] | – Didn’t figure you for a smoking man. – Neither did I. | – 没想到你会抽烟 – 我也没想到 |
[50:25] | D Company, Lieutenant Speirs, patrol order. | 给D连史毕尔中尉的巡逻命令 |
[50:31] | So? | 怎样? |
[50:32] | We’ve been watching Foy all day, sir, not much activity. | 我们整天盯着佛伊 长官 没什么动静 |
[50:35] | – Want a coffee? – No, thank you, sir. | – 来点咖啡吗? – 不用 谢谢长官 |
[50:40] | – How’s Easy’s status? – The men are good, sir, they’re prepared. | – E连状况如何? – 兄弟们都好 长官 都准备好了 |
[50:44] | I’m gonna be leading 2nd Platoon, tomorrow. | 我明天会带领第二排 |
[50:46] | They’re probably the weakest after losing Toye… | 虽然在失去了托伊 葛奈瑞 |
[50:49] | …and Guarnere, and Muck, and Penkala. | 穆克和潘卡拉后可能心情低落 |
[50:52] | But all in all, I have every confidence in the men, sir. | 但就整体而言 我对他们还是有信心 长官 |
[50:55] | Good. | 很好 |
[51:01] | But, on the other hand, I have no confidence in our CO, sir. | 可另一方面 我对我们的连长没信心 |
[51:06] | Lieutenant Dike is an empty uniform, Captain. | 戴克中尉只是个穿着制服的空壳 |
[51:09] | He’s just… | 他只是… |
[51:12] | He’s not there, sir. | 他根本不存在 |
[51:15] | He’s gonna be there tomorrow. | 他明天会在的 |
[51:17] | Yes, sir, I understand he will be there physically. | 是 长官 我知道他明天会出现 |
[51:20] | But tomorrow’s gonna be the real deal… | 可是明天将是场硬仗 |
[51:22] | …and he’s gonna have to lead those men. | 而他必须带领那些兄弟 |
[51:25] | He’s gonna have to make decisions, sir, and I… | 他需要做决定 长官 而我 |
[51:29] | I gotta tell you, sir, I think he’s gonna get a lot of Easy Company men killed. | 我得告诉您 长官 我觉得他会害死很多E连兄弟 |
[51:37] | – Thank you, Sergeant, that’ll be all. – Yes, sir. | – 谢谢你 军士长 就这样 – 是 长官 |
[51:44] | I said what I had to say. There was nothing Winters could do. | 我说了我该说的 温特斯也没有办法 |
[51:53] | He couldn’t very well remove a company CO. | 他不能就这样撤换一位连长 |
[51:55] | Especially a well-connected one… | 特别是有后台的连长 |
[51:57] | …because of the misgivings of a company first sergeant. | 只因为一位军士长的疑虑 |
[52:00] | There’s an eighth of a mile of open field to cross before we get down here into Foy. | 我们在进入佛伊前要通过大约1/8里的旷野 |
[52:05] | There’s little cover, so move quickly. | 遮掩物很少 所以你们得快速移动 |
[52:06] | There’s two sections of light machine guns, either end. | 我在两端部署了两个轻机枪班 |
[52:09] | They’ll give you covering fire. | 他们会提供你掩护火力 |
[52:10] | 3rd Battalion will come from the east led by I Company. | 第三营会由I连带领 从东推进 |
[52:13] | That should cause distraction. | 应该会分散德军注意力 |
[52:15] | D Company will be in reserve but we shouldn’t need them. | D连为预备队 但是我们应该用不着 |
[52:17] | You gotta move in there fast. | 重点是你要快速前进 |
[52:20] | Get in there before they can bring their mortars and artillery down on you. | 在他们准备迫击炮及炮兵对付你之前冲过去 |
[52:24] | – Clear? – Clear. | – 清楚吗? – 清楚 |
[52:26] | I’m relying on you. Get it done. | 全指望你了 把它完成 |
[52:44] | – Covering fire! – Let’s go! Keep it moving! | – 掩护射击! – 保持前进! |
[52:50] | Suppressing fire! | 压制火力! |
[52:55] | Keep moving! Move! | 保持前进! |
[53:03] | Let’s go! | 前进! |
[53:07] | Suppressing fire! Fire! | 压制火力! 射击! |
[53:12] | Keep them tight, Shames. | 叫他们靠紧一点 宣姆士 |
[53:16] | Keep moving. Come on. | 继续前进 快点 |
[53:19] | Krauts in the open! | 德军在空地! |
[53:24] | – Keep moving! – Three inside! | – 继续前进! – 里面三个! |
[53:31] | Wait a minute, where’s Foley? | 等一下 佛利在哪里? |
[53:34] | Randleman! | 蓝道曼! |
[53:37] | Liebgott. | 李高特 |
[53:39] | Where the hell is 1st Platoon? | 第一排哪儿去了? |
[53:45] | – Hold up! – Keep moving! | – 停止前进! – 继续前进! |
[53:48] | Easy Company, hold up! | E连 停止前进 |
[53:50] | 2nd Platoon, hold up! | 第二排 停下来! |
[53:53] | – Will you move! – Get me Foley on the radio. | – 给我前进! – 叫佛利来听无线电 |
[53:56] | – Get out of there! Move! – Sir, I think we should take cover. | – 别躲在那 前进! – 长官 我想我们该找掩体 |
[53:59] | Find some cover! | 找掩体! |
[54:02] | – Find some cover! – What? | – 快找掩体! – 什么? |
[54:05] | Stay down! | 卧倒! |
[54:07] | – Easy Red, Easy Red. Easy Six. Over. – Six, Easy Red, go ahead. | – 红色E连 6号呼叫 完毕 – 6号 这是红色E连 请说 |
[54:12] | Easy Red, Easy Red, stand by for the Six. | 红色E连 6号请你待命 |
[54:15] | Foley, you get back here where I can see you, goddamn it! | 佛利! 你给我回到我看得到你的地方 该死! |
[54:21] | 1st Platoon, hold up. Take cover! Martin. | 第一排 停止前进 找掩体! 马丁 |
[54:25] | Come on, soldier, with me. With you, sir. | 跟我来 我跟着你 长官 |
[54:29] | Fire! | 开火! |
[54:32] | Fall back! | 撤退! |
[54:35] | – Take cover! – Goddamn it. | – 找掩体! – 可恶! |
[54:39] | Go forward! | 前进! |
[54:42] | – Herron, on me. – Move back. | – 赫朗 跟我走 – 住回走! |
[54:46] | – Stay on my ass. – Hold fast, 2nd Platoon. | – 跟在我后面 – 第二排待命 |
[54:49] | – Follow Lipton! Take cover! – What are we doing, Lieutenant? | – 跟着李普! 找掩体! – 我们在做什么 连长? |
[54:53] | – Why are we stopped? – Fall back! | – 我们为什么停下来? – 撤退! |
[54:57] | Roger, kidnap. | 知道了 营部 |
[54:58] | – Standby to Six, – Lieutenant, what’s the plan? | – 6号待命… – 连长 你计划如何? |
[55:01] | I don’t know! | 我不知道! |
[55:03] | You’d better get Dike on that radio to me now. | 你最好快点叫戴克听无线电 |
[55:06] | Lieutenant, what’s the plan? | 连长 你计划如何? |
[55:08] | – Captain Winters, sir. – What’s the plan? | – 温特斯上尉找你 – 长官 给我们一个计划 |
[55:10] | Okay, Foley. Foley, you take your men… | 佛利 你带你的兄弟… |
[55:14] | …on a flanking mission around the village… | 从侧翼绕过村落 |
[55:16] | …and attack it from the rear. | 从后面攻击他们 |
[55:19] | Dike, we cannot stay here! | 戴克 我们不能留在这里! |
[55:22] | You want 1st Platoon to attack the village, by itself? | 你要第一排绕过去 单独攻击这个村庄? |
[55:25] | We will provide suppressing fire. | 我们会提供你压制火力 |
[55:27] | We’re gonna be alone out there, Lieutenant. | 我们在那边会势单力薄 连长 |
[55:29] | We will provide suppressing fire! | 我们会提供压制火力! |
[55:39] | Get going forward! | 继续向前进! |
[55:42] | You need to talk to Captain Winters, sir. | 你必须回复温特斯上尉 长官 |
[55:48] | Sir, okay, here it is. | 长官 命令是这样 |
[55:51] | We go on a flanking run in the back of the village and we attack from the rear. | 我们从侧翼绕过村落 从后面攻击 |
[55:55] | Ramirez, two guys, take them, go. Find some cover behind the stable. | 蓝姆雷兹 你带两人去 在马厩后面找掩体 |
[55:58] | Go! | 走! |
[56:00] | – Shit! – Jesus Christ. | – 妈的! – 天啊 |
[56:04] | Webb, move up, find cover! | 韦伯 快走 找掩体! |
[56:16] | Suppressing fire, now! | 压制火力 射击! |
[56:20] | Perconte! I got you. | 派康提! 我抓住你了 |
[56:23] | Give me some cover! | 替我掩护 |
[56:27] | How you doing, Perconte? | 你还好吗 派康提? |
[56:29] | They shot me in my ass, Martin. | 他们打中我的屁股 马丁 |
[56:32] | – You’re all right, stay down! – I think we lost five men. | – 你没事的 躺下! – 我想我们失去了五位兄弟 |
[56:35] | Can you locate? The building with the caved-in roof. | 你能找到他们吗? 在那栋有塌陷屋顶的房子 |
[56:38] | The building with the caved-in roof. | 对 那栋有塌陷屋顶的房子 |
[56:47] | Sir, we are sitting ducks here. | 长官 我们这是坐以待毙 |
[56:50] | We have to keep moving! | 我们得继续前进! |
[56:52] | You’ve got to keep moving! | 你们得继续前进! |
[56:55] | Dick! Captain Winters. Goddamn it, you do not go out there. | 迪克! 温特斯上尉 可恶 你别出去! |
[57:00] | You’re the Battalion Commander, now get back here! | 你是营长 快回来! |
[57:04] | Dick, I understand your attachment to Easy Company… | 我了解你对E连的感情 |
[57:07] | Speirs, get yourself over here! | 史毕尔 你快过来 |
[57:10] | Get out there and relieve Dike and take that attack on in. | 你去那里接替戴克 把攻击任务继续进行 |
[57:17] | Webb, fall back, you’re too exposed. | 韦伯 向后退 你太明显了 |
[57:23] | Come on, Webb, let’s go, kid. | 走 韦伯 |
[57:27] | – Hang on, Perco. – Fire! | – 撑着点 派康提 – 射击! |
[57:32] | Lieutenant, what are we doing? | 中尉 我们该怎么办? |
[57:38] | I’m taking over. First Sergeant Lipton. | 我来接管 李普军士长! |
[57:41] | What have we got? | 现在情况如何? |
[57:42] | Sir, most of the Company is spread out here. | 长官 连上大致散布在此 |
[57:44] | 1st platoon tried an end around but they’re stretched out, pinned by a sniper. | 第一排尝试着绕道攻击 可是被狙击手打散了 |
[57:48] | I believe he’s there at the caved-in roof. | 我相信他藏在那栋有塌陷屋顶的屋子里 |
[57:50] | Destroy that building with mortars and grenade launchers. | 用手榴弹和迫击炮消灭他们 |
[57:53] | Then, I want 1st to go in, forget going around. | 然后 第一排直接攻入 别再绕道 |
[57:55] | – Everybody else, follow me. – Yes, sir. | – 其他人跟着我 – 是 长官 |
[57:57] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地! |
[58:00] | All right, 3rd Platoon, let’s go! | 第三排 我们走! |
[58:03] | All right, you heard the word, 2nd Platoon, on the CO! | 你们听到了 第二排跟着史毕尔连长走! |
[58:07] | – Sergeant Alley! – Got it, Sarge. | – 艾利中士! – 知道了 军士长 |
[58:12] | Okay, 1st Platoon, move out! | 好 第一排前进! |
[58:16] | On your feet, 2nd Platoon. Move out! | 第二排起立 出发! |
[58:21] | Get on your goddamn feet. | 快站起来 |
[58:24] | Come on! | 快点! |
[58:28] | Come on, Luz, let’s get the bastards. | 鲁兹 我们去痛宰那些狗娘养的! |
[58:32] | Fire! | 开火! |
[58:36] | Come on, move out! | 快点 出发了! |
[58:39] | – Fire! – Take cover! | – 开火! – 找掩体! |
[58:42] | Fire! | 开火! |
[58:45] | – Go! – Go on, come on. | – 快走! – 快点 |
[58:52] | Take the cart out! | 歼灭那辆车! |
[58:55] | Fire! | 开火! |
[58:57] | Lipton. | 李普 |
[58:59] | Street fight, Item. Easy Six, over. | I连本部 E连6号呼叫 完毕 |
[59:03] | – What do you see, Lipton? – Armor and infantry, a lot of infantry. | – 你看到什么 李普? – 装甲车、步兵 很多步兵 |
[59:07] | I Company’s should be on the other side of town. | I连应该在小镇另一头 你看到他们的踪迹吗? |
[59:09] | Do you see any sign of them? | 有什么信号吗? |
[59:10] | – Radio, anything? – No, sir. | – 无线电有消息吗? – 没有 长官 |
[59:12] | Sir, I think they’re gonna pull back. | 长官 我想他们要撤退了 |
[59:14] | We don’t connect with I, they’ll escape. | 若联系不上I连 他们就要逃走了 |
[59:16] | – That’s right, wait here. – Item, Item. Easy Six. | – 没错 在这等着 – I连 E连6号呼叫 |
[59:19] | What the hell? | 搞什么? |
[59:32] | At first, the Germans didn’t shoot at him. | 开始德军并未向他射击 |
[59:36] | I think they couldn’t quite believe what they were seeing. | 我想他们不太敢相信他们所看到的 |
[59:39] | But that wasn’t the really astounding thing. | 可是那并不是最令人吃惊的事 |
[59:42] | The astounding thing was that after he hooked up with I Company… | 令人吃惊的是 在他和I连接头后 |
[59:46] | …he came back. | 他回来了 |
[1:00:10] | ∮ I’ve been working on the railroad ∮ | |
[1:00:13] | ∮ All the live long day ∮ | |
[1:00:17] | ∮ I’ve been working on the railroad ∮ | |
[1:00:20] | We took over 100 German prisoners. | 我们抓获超过100名德军战俘 |
[1:00:22] | After that it was mostly clean up. | 该镇也扫荡得差不多了 |
[1:00:25] | Let’s go, move it, move it! Take them down to the barn. | 我们走 快点! 带他们去谷仓 |
[1:00:28] | ∮ Rise up early in the morn ∮ | |
[1:00:33] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[1:00:38] | Sniper! | 狙击手 |
[1:00:40] | Take cover! | 找掩体! |
[1:00:46] | Come on. | 快点 |
[1:00:48] | Where is he? | 他在哪里? |
[1:00:51] | Shit, I can’t see him. | 可恶! 我看不到他 |
[1:00:57] | Second floor, building on the right. | 右边建筑 二楼 |
[1:01:00] | Don’t miss, Shifty. Now! | 别打偏了 西福弟 开始! |
[1:01:25] | Over here. I need help over here. Hey, can you guys get over here and help? | 快来 我这里需要帮忙 |
[1:01:29] | Mellet, Herron, Sowosko, and Ken Webb were killed by a sniper. | 梅略特、赫朗、索沃斯科、肯韦伯都被狙击手射杀了 |
[1:01:33] | There would’ve been more if it hadn’t been for Shifty Powers. | 要不是西福弟鲍尔斯 可能还会有更多伤亡 |
[1:02:00] | – You hit bad, Perconte? – Beautiful wound, Lip. | – 伤得严重吗 派康提? – 很漂亮的伤 李普 |
[1:02:03] | They shot me right through my ass. | 他们打穿了我的屁股 |
[1:02:05] | – You hang tough. – Sarge. | – 勇敢撑下去 – 军士长 |
[1:02:07] | – Yeah? – Is it true about Dike? | – 哦 – 戴克的事是真的吗? |
[1:02:09] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:02:11] | Thank God for small mercies? | 谢谢老天爷的小慈悲 |
[1:02:13] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[1:02:27] | We’d been looking down at Foy… | 我们一个月来 一直在鸟瞰佛伊 |
[1:02:29] | …for the better part of a month, knowing that’s where we had to go. | 等待进攻最佳时机 心里明白那是我们最后必须攻下的 |
[1:02:33] | It was a great relief to have done it. | 任务完成后 我们如释重负 |
[1:02:38] | A lot of the men thought once we’d taken Foy they’d get off the line… | 我猜很多人以为 在攻下佛伊之后会让我们从前线退下 |
[1:02:42] | …ship us back to Mourmelon for a breather. | 送我们回莫米朗喘口气 |
[1:02:45] | But that wasn’t to be. | 可是结果并非如此 |
[1:02:47] | Two days later, we took Noville, and after that, Rachamps. | 两天后 我们攻下诺维尔 又占领拉千普 |
[1:03:12] | We spent our night in Rachamps, in a convent. | 我们在拉千普的一个修道院过夜 |
[1:03:15] | It was the first time we’d spent a night indoors in a month. | 那是我们一个月以来首次在室内过夜 |
[1:03:31] | The sisters there brought in their choir to sing for us. | 院内的修女为我们唱圣歌 |
[1:03:34] | It was heaven. | 有如在天堂般 |
[1:03:43] | The mood of the men was relaxed. | 兄弟们的心情都放松了 |
[1:03:45] | We were finally being relieved and would soon be in Mourmelon. | 我们终于被替换 并很快地要回莫米朗 |
[1:03:50] | Of course, in the morning we found out Mourmelon would have to wait. | 当然 在早上我们发现 莫米朗还得再等一等 |
[1:03:53] | Hitler had launched a counteroffensive in Alsace… | 希特勒在亚尔萨斯发动一波反攻 |
[1:03:56] | …and we were bound for the town of Hagenau to help hold the line. | 而我们被派前住镇守哈根努 |
[1:03:59] | But at least for that night we didn’t know it yet. | 可至少当晚我们还不知道 |
[1:04:02] | That night we were okay. | 那晚我们都很好 |
[1:04:23] | I spent that night trying to come up with a roster… | 那晚我花了点时间 尝试着算一算 |
[1:04:25] | …for the Company, to see who we had left. | 我们连上已经失去的兄弟 |
[1:04:28] | We’d come into Belgium with 121 men and officers… | 我们在进入比利时的时候 有121名官兵 |
[1:04:31] | …plus 24 replacements. | 加上24名补充兵 |
[1:04:33] | That’s 145 total. We were going out with 63. | 总共是145人 出来时只剩下63人 |
[1:04:39] | Guarnere was badly wounded and Hoobler died accidentally. | 葛奈瑞受到重创 而胡伯勒死于意外 |
[1:04:47] | Joe Toye had lost his leg. | 乔托伊少了一条腿 |
[1:04:55] | Among the dead were Herron, Mellet… | 死亡的有赫朗 梅略特 |
[1:04:58] | …Sowosko, Kenneth Webb, Harold Webb… | 索沃斯科 肯韦伯 哈洛韦伯 |
[1:05:01] | …Alex Penkala, and Skip Muck. | 艾力克斯、潘卡拉以及史基普穆克 |
[1:05:07] | Our month in Belgium cost us one good officer, Buck Compton. | 在比利时那个月 我们失去一位好军官——巴克.康普顿 |
[1:05:11] | And one bad one, Norman Dike. | 以及一位烂军官——诺曼.戴克 |
[1:05:18] | But we gained a good one in the end, so I guess we came out ahead. | 可最后得到一位好军官 所以还是有所收获的 |
[1:05:34] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[1:05:36] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[1:05:40] | I’d better get back to Battalion before they disappear. | 我最好在他们消失前回去营部 |
[1:05:51] | – You wanna ask me, don’t you? – Ask you what, sir? | – 你有事要问我 是吗? – 问你什么 长官 |
[1:05:54] | You wanna know if they’re true or not, the stories about me. | 你想要知道有关我的故事到底是真是假 |
[1:05:58] | Did you ever notice with stories like that… | 你注意过吗 这种故事 |
[1:06:00] | …everyone says they heard it from someone who was there… | 每个人都说是从在现场的人那里听来的 |
[1:06:03] | …but then when you ask that person… | 可是当你去问那个人 |
[1:06:05] | …they say they heard it from someone who was there. | 他又会说他是从另一个在现场的人听来 |
[1:06:08] | It’s nothing new, really. | 这没什么稀奇的 |
[1:06:10] | I bet if you went back 2,000 years, you’d hear a couple of centurions… | 我敢说若你回到2000年前 你会看到一群罗马战士 |
[1:06:14] | …yakking about how Tercius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners. | 讨论特西斯是如何将迦太基战俘们的头砍下 |
[1:06:20] | Maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tercius deny it. | 也许他们一直谈论 是因为特西斯从来没否认 |
[1:06:27] | Maybe because Tercius knew there was some value to the men… | 或许特西斯认为有必要让人知道 |
[1:06:30] | …thinking he was the meanest, toughest, son of a bitch in the Roman legion. | 他是罗马军团中最狠毒、最强悍的角色 |
[1:06:35] | Sir? | 长官? |
[1:06:39] | These men aren’t really concerned about the stories. | 这些兄弟并不真正在意这些故事 |
[1:06:42] | They’re just glad to have you as our CO. | 他们只是很高兴由你来当连长 |
[1:06:45] | They’re happy to have a good leader again. | 他们很高兴又有了好的领导者 |
[1:06:48] | From what I’ve heard, they’ve always had one. | 就我听到的 他们一直都有一个好领导者 |
[1:06:51] | I’ve been told there’s always been one man they could count on. | 有人曾说他们一直都有一个人可以依赖 |
[1:06:55] | Led them in Bois Jacques, held them together… | 带他们攻入波礼克 |
[1:06:57] | …when they were shelled in the woods. | 在森林遭炮轰时 将他们凝聚一起 |
[1:07:00] | Every day he kept his spirits up, kept the men focused, gave them direction. | 每天振奋士气 使兄弟们聚精会神 引导方向 |
[1:07:05] | All the things a good combat leader does. | 全是一个好战斗领袖做的事 |
[1:07:13] | You don’t have any idea who I’m talking about, do you? | 你完全不知道我在说谁? |
[1:07:16] | No, sir. | 不知道 长官 |
[1:07:18] | Hell, it was you, First Sergeant. | 就是你 军士长 |
[1:07:20] | Ever since Winters made Battalion, you’ve been the leader of Easy Company. | 自从温特斯升为营长后 你就是E连的领袖 |
[1:07:32] | And you’re not gonna be first sergeant much longer. | 还有 你当军士长不会太久了 |
[1:07:36] | Sir? | 长官? |
[1:07:39] | Winters put in for a Battlefield Commission and Sink approved on your behalf. | 温特斯呈上一份战地委任书 辛克接受核准了 |
[1:07:43] | You should get the official nod in a few days. | 几天内应该就会正式发布 |
[1:07:49] | Congratulations, Lieutenant. | 恭喜你 少尉 |
[1:08:14] | Look, it’s 1st Battalion. | 你看 是第一营 |
[1:08:18] | What do you want? | 什么事? |
[1:08:20] | Yeah, thanks for crapping in our foxholes, you shitheads. | 谢谢你们在我们的散兵坑里大便 猪头! |
[1:08:23] | – It’s our pleasure. – Enjoy the walk, boys. | – 是我们的荣幸 – 好好走吧 小子们 |
[1:08:40] | There they go, Easy Company. | E连又要上路 |
[1:09:09] | 除了死伤的之外 在巴斯通的每个人都备受磨难 | |
[1:09:13] | 没被炮弹碎片或子弹击中的 也一样是受难者 | |
[1:09:18] | 史蒂芬·安布洛斯 | |
[1:09:24] | 在战争中存活下来的人 心灵上都有抹不掉的伤痕 | |
[1:09:30] | 或许就是这个因素 让E连兄弟紧紧结合在一起 | |
[1:09:37] | 理察·温特斯上尉 |