时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Uh-uh. No, no, no, no! | 不不不不 |
[00:07] | This is my guest house! | 这是我的客房 |
[00:08] | Why don’t you find your own place to go to the bathroom? | 你到别的地方去上厕所 |
[00:10] | Come on, Meredith. | 别这样 梅瑞迪丝 |
[00:11] | You know Brie won’t let the help in the house. | 你也知道布里不让帮工进房子 |
[00:15] | This isn’t fair, man. | 这不公平 |
[00:16] | Lupe blew up her burrito in my microwave yesterday. | 卢佩昨天在我微波炉把墨西哥卷热爆了 |
[00:19] | And you guys use all the toilet paper, | 你们把厕纸都用光了 |
[00:21] | which doesn’t just steal itself from my job, by the way. | 那可是我上班亲手偷的 |
[00:26] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[00:28] | Hi, Mere-bear. | 梅梅 |
[00:30] | Oh, no, a leaf blower? | 吹叶机 |
[00:31] | Did you have to get a second job? | 你做了兼职吗 |
[00:33] | Brie, isn’t there any other place | 布里 你的帮工就没 |
[00:35] | your staff can take their breaks? | 别的地方休息了吗 |
[00:36] | I’m sorry, Mere. They track mud all over. | 抱歉 梅梅 他们走哪儿都带着泥 |
[00:39] | Yes. | 对啊 |
[00:40] | Yeah, but if I was okay with that type of filth, | 可是如果我要是能忍受这种脏乱差 |
[00:42] | I’d get a dog. | 我就养狗了 |
[00:43] | And then, there’d be a dog person in here, too, so… | 不过还得还得住进个养狗人 |
[00:47] | You’re welcome. Um… | 知足吧 |
[00:49] | Listen, Frank and I are going away this weekend, | 我和弗兰克这周末要出去 |
[00:51] | and I was hoping you could watch Lily. | 希望你能照看下莉莉 |
[00:52] | No. | 不 |
[00:53] | Brie, it’s like you’ve forgotten that I’m your best friend, | 布里 你貌似忘了我可是你最好的朋友 |
[00:58] | and you invited me to live here while I recovered from | 是你请我住在这里 让我从无比伤心的 |
[01:01] | my extremely upsetting divorce. | 离婚中缓过来 |
[01:04] | We’d pay you, of course. | 我们当然会付钱 |
[01:05] | Well, no amount of money is gonna… | 无论多少钱都不能 |
[01:09] | Wow. It’s really heavy. | 还挺沉的 |
[01:11] | Some’s for you, some’s for Lily’s food, | 一部分是你的 一部分是莉莉的饭钱 |
[01:14] | and there’s an extra hundred in there to buy her something | 还有多余的一百是给她随便买些东西 |
[01:16] | so she knows we feel bad about missing the science fair. | 好让她觉得我们很遗憾不能去科学展 |
[01:19] | You know, something that says, “You’re my favorite…” | 要可以表示 “你是我最爱的” |
[01:21] | and thank God only… “stepdaughter”. | 谢天谢地还好只是 “继女” |
[01:25] | Okay. Bye. | 好了 再见 |
[01:27] | Bye. | 再见 |
[01:30] | Uh-uh, Lupe. You are not microwaving that in here. | 卢佩 不准你到这儿热东西了 |
[01:33] | But it’s muy frio. | 可这是凉的 |
[01:34] | Yeah, and it is “mow-we, mow-we” annoying! | 我的心也拔凉拔凉的 |
[01:41] | What’s that? You got toilet paper in there? | 这是什么 你藏了厕纸 |
[01:43] | You steal from your job, I steal from mine. | 你上班偷 我上班也偷 |
[01:52] | I got to find a new place to live. | 我得找个新地方住 |
[01:58] | You, uh, searching the kids’ emergency contacts | 你又在从学生紧急联系方式 |
[02:00] | for dads’ phone numbers again? | 找老爸的电话了 |
[02:01] | Well, I need a rich dad, and it’s an emergency. | 我需要个富爹 很紧急 |
[02:05] | If I don’t meet someone, like, right now, | 如果我现在还没找到 |
[02:07] | I’m gonna have to pay for my own place to live. | 我就得为我的住处付钱了 |
[02:09] | And that’s expensive. | 很贵的 |
[02:10] | They want first and last month’s rent, | 他们要首月和末月房租 |
[02:12] | plus security. | 加上安保费 |
[02:13] | It’s, like, for what? | 为了什么啊 |
[02:14] | When I break the light fixture trying to hang myself? | 难道我要把照明系统搞坏来上吊 |
[02:17] | Hey, if you want to crash with me, my mom and my sisters, | 如果你想和我 我妈和我姐姐们一起住 |
[02:20] | I’ll give you the futon, and I can sleep on the treadmill. | 我可以把蒲团给你 我去睡跑步机 |
[02:23] | It’s not as bad as it sounds, because | 没你听起来那么惨 因为 |
[02:24] | the incline actually helps my acid reflux, so… | 它的斜坡对我胃酸反流好 |
[02:26] | Bingo! Katie Shaw, | 命中 凯蒂·肖 |
[02:29] | two parents addresses. | 两个家长联系方式 |
[02:30] | That means divorced. | 意味着离婚 |
[02:32] | “Hi, Dr. Shaw! | 你好 肖医生 |
[02:34] | Katie fell down a well, | 凯蒂掉到井里去了 |
[02:36] | and you need to get here as soon as possible” | 你得尽快赶过来 |
[02:38] | Too much? | 玩过了 |
[02:39] | Okay, folks, quick heads up. | 同志们 快速提醒一下 |
[02:41] | I will be training Kim in fight prevention this week. | 这周我要教导金姆如何阻止学生打架 |
[02:45] | And I am proud to report, we have not had a fight | 我很荣幸地宣布 一个月以来 |
[02:48] | in over a month here at Nixon Middle. | 尼克松中学都没有一次打架行为 |
[02:50] | The key is not to call them fights. | 秘诀就是不要煽动他们 |
[02:52] | So, we have had four skirmishes, two tussles | 我们过去有过四次小冲突 两次争斗 |
[02:55] | and half a fracas. | 和半次群架 |
[02:56] | And… now I yield the floor to our two co-chairs | 现在把时间交给”小科学家”锦标赛的 |
[03:00] | of the Tournament of Little Scientists, | 两位联合主席 |
[03:03] | Ginny and Irene. | 金妮和艾琳 |
[03:04] | Irene! | 艾琳 |
[03:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:07] | Irene and I are very excited | 我和艾琳很高兴 |
[03:09] | to be co-chairing for our seventh year in a row. | 可以连续七年做联合主席 |
[03:12] | No seven year itch here, right, Irene? | 没有七年之痒吧 艾琳 |
[03:14] | Right. We’re so happy, because this year… | 是的 我们很开心 因为今年 |
[03:16] | Anyway, as most of you know, | 总之 大多数人都知道 |
[03:18] | we equally divide the duties. | 我们均摊工作 |
[03:20] | So, if you need help with awards distribution, talk to me. | 如果你对奖品颁发有疑问 请找我 |
[03:25] | And if you need help with name tags, | 如果你对姓名牌 |
[03:27] | check-in, bathroom maintenance, | 签到 厕所卫生 |
[03:29] | sawdust for vomit incidents, or– my personal specialty– | 掩盖呕吐物的锯末 或者我的专长 |
[03:32] | pest removal– then you just come talk to me. | 除虫有问题 请找我 |
[03:34] | Okeydokey, see you all tomorrow, 9:00 a.m. | 就这样吧 明天九点见 |
[03:37] | Tomorrow’s Saturday! | 明天是周六 |
[03:39] | I don’t even get out of bed on Saturdays, | 我周六都不下床的 |
[03:41] | unless it is to get someone in my bed on Saturdays. | 除非是为了钓人上床 |
[03:44] | Okay, normally, you would have my sympathy. | 一般情况下 我是会同情你的 |
[03:46] | Actually, no, you wouldn’t. | 实际上 不会的 |
[03:48] | But don’t worry. It’s-it’s not that bad. | 不过别担心 没那么糟糕的 |
[03:51] | Hey, can you keep a secret? | 能保密吗 |
[03:53] | We bet big on the Little Scientists. | 我们在”小科学家”上赌大的 |
[03:55] | Which some would say is immoral, | 有些人会觉得不道德 |
[03:56] | but you have no morals, so, welcome to our pool! | 但你没道德 欢迎入坑 |
[03:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:59] | Nobody outside the coaching staff or the woodshop guys | 不准让除体育老师和木工工人外的任何人 |
[04:01] | knows about this. | 知道这个 |
[04:02] | Everybody put in $400. | 每人押四百块 |
[04:04] | – Last year, Coach Donnie here won five G’s. – What? | -去年唐尼教练赢了五千 -什么 |
[04:07] | Yeah, but then, I doubled down on the spelling bee, | 是的 不过我在拼字比赛下了双倍注 |
[04:09] | got screwed. | 输爽了 |
[04:10] | Now I live at the YMCA. | 我现在住在基督教青年会 |
[04:13] | All right. $400. That’s steep. | 好的 四百块 有点多 |
[04:15] | But I need a new apartment. | 不过我需要个新住处 |
[04:17] | Got to spend money to make money. | 不入虎穴焉得虎子 |
[04:18] | – I’m in. – What, you just have 400 bucks on you? | -入坑 -慢着 你随身就带着四百 |
[04:21] | Yeah, well, I’m baby-sitting Lily | 是的 我得这周末 |
[04:22] | over the weekend, and it’s for food. Oh! | 得照看莉莉 是买饭的钱 |
[04:24] | I just decided we’re on a cleanse. No food needed! | 我刚决定要禁食 不需要买饭了 |
[04:26] | Ah, nice business plan. Up high. | 好会打算盘 来一个 |
[04:30] | Proceed. | 玩法 |
[04:31] | So you got to pick a winner for each round. | 每一轮你都得选赢家 |
[04:33] | But figuring out which kid is gonna come out | 但是选中在整个锦标赛 |
[04:35] | on top of the whole tournament– | 脱颖而出的孩子 |
[04:36] | that’s what’s gonna win you the entire pool. | 才能赢下整个奖池 |
[04:38] | So I just pick the smartest kid to win, right? | 选最聪明的孩子不就得了 |
[04:40] | I mean, you could, but a lot of people do that, | 可以 不过很多人都这么做 |
[04:42] | and then you’ll have to be splitting the pot a bunch of ways, | 所以你得和别人一起分奖金 |
[04:44] | and then, you won’t even have enough money | 到头来你都没钱 |
[04:45] | to cover first month’s rent, | 付第一个月的房租 |
[04:47] | or the garbage bag to move your stuff in. | 或者搬家用的垃圾袋 |
[04:48] | So, what am I supposed to do? | 那该怎么办 |
[04:50] | Okay, so, the way to win the pool and to not have to split it | 赢下整个奖池又不和别人分 |
[04:53] | is you got to pick a kid nobody else thinks can win. | 就得选冷门选手 |
[04:57] | And then make sure they win. | 然后确保他们能赢 |
[05:02] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[05:08] | I decided to start today so you could get a dose | 我决定今天开始 这样你就能感受 |
[05:10] | of a normal day and a special event, | 平常日与特殊事件的区别 |
[05:12] | like the science fair. | 比如科学展 |
[05:14] | Because there will be a fight tomorrow. | 因为有展就有战 |
[05:16] | The dirty little secret is, | 有个黑暗的小秘密 |
[05:17] | when bullies aren’t around, nerds are total bastards. | 校中无恶霸 书呆称霸王 |
[05:20] | You don’t have to tell me that. | 你不用给我说 |
[05:22] | I went to Space Camp. | 我去过太空营 |
[05:23] | The key is to recognize the fight hot spots. | 关键点在于辨识打架热点 |
[05:27] | That north wall– that’s close to the computer lab. | 北方的墙壁 靠近机房 |
[05:29] | That’s where all the dorks hang out. | 那儿是呆子逛荡的地方 |
[05:31] | But it also borders the gym, | 不过也是体育馆的边界 |
[05:32] | which sets up a lot of jock-on-dork violence. | 就会有块儿男欺负呆子的暴力行为 |
[05:35] | Now, this eastern corridor, | 东方走廊 |
[05:37] | this is where the goths exit the darkroom, | 是哥德派离开暗黑室的地方 |
[05:40] | and they infringe on the drama geeks. | 他们爱向极客挑衅 |
[05:42] | But their fights are mostly slapping, crying, | 但他们的争斗一般是些扇巴掌 哭喊 |
[05:45] | the occasional poetry slam. | 偶尔的斗诗会 |
[05:47] | Finally, there are the unclaimed. | 剩下的 是丐帮 |
[05:50] | These are the students that don’t fit in | 这些是不被任何群体接纳的 |
[05:51] | to any particular category. | 一群学生 |
[05:53] | They cling to the outside of my office in their fearful way, | 他们恐惧地黏贴着我办公室的外部 |
[05:56] | desperately avoiding the attacks of all other factions. | 绝望地躲避着其他派别的攻击 |
[05:59] | There’s nobody sadder than the unclaimed. | 没有比丐帮更惨的了 |
[06:04] | Just having my lunch. | 吃饭呢 |
[06:08] | Lily! | 莉莉 |
[06:09] | What’s up, L-dog? | 给莉霸王请安 |
[06:11] | Just us girls this freak-end! | 介周末就剩咱俩了 |
[06:14] | So, no partying tonight, okay? | 今晚把学渣都扫到一堆 |
[06:15] | We got to break it down study-style, | 咱得垒个学霸出来 |
[06:17] | so you can for sure win the science tournament tomorrow, right? | 这样才能在科学锦标赛稳赢 |
[06:21] | I don’t know. | 没把握 |
[06:22] | It’s gonna be hard without my dad there. | 我爸不来会有点难 |
[06:25] | Last year, I lost in the first round because I got nervous. | 去年我因为紧张第一轮就输了 |
[06:27] | And he’s been working on it with me, but, | 他让我不要紧张 可是 |
[06:30] | I still thought he was gonna come for moral support. | 我还是觉着他不来支持我就不行 |
[06:32] | Well, I’m gonna be there, and I can help you. | 我会去 我能帮你 |
[06:34] | – Why would you want to help? – I love science. | -你为啥想帮我 -我爱科学 |
[06:37] | Air, water, | 空气 水 |
[06:40] | the continents. | 大陆 |
[06:42] | So, what is your project about | 你的项目是什么 |
[06:44] | and what are its chances of winning? | 它赢的机会又有多大 |
[06:46] | – Well, my project is awesome. – Oh, good. | -我的机会可棒了 -好诶 |
[06:49] | I took two plants, and I gave them sun and water. | 我有两盆植物 给它们阳光与水分 |
[06:52] | But I gave one special attention to see if it would grow more. | 但我给了一盆特殊关怀看它能不能长高些 |
[06:55] | Is this plant gonna have to point out | 这盆植物是不是要像 |
[06:57] | on a plant doll where you touched it? | 植物洋娃娃一样被你爱抚 |
[06:59] | I just talked to it. | 我就是跟它说说话 |
[07:01] | And sang to it. | 给它唱唱歌 |
[07:02] | Okay, okay. I may hugged it twice. | 好吧 还拥抱了它两次 |
[07:03] | But that’s not the point. It grew… a lot. | 这都不是重点 它长了好多 |
[07:06] | Great! This is gonna be so good for both of us. | 太好了 这对我们俩都是好事儿 |
[07:09] | What are you gonna wear? | 你要穿什么 |
[07:11] | We should get blowouts. | 我们该整点吹龙 |
[07:12] | Um, it’s a science fair. It’s about the science. | 这是科学展 搞科学的 |
[07:23] | Okay, I’m gonna go give the opening remarks. | 我要做开幕式演讲 |
[07:26] | Uh, awesome. | 太棒了 |
[07:27] | I was actually thinking | 我在想 |
[07:28] | there’s a few things I could throw in that… | 可以加这么些 |
[07:29] | Irene, we divide duties. | 艾琳 我们均摊工作 |
[07:32] | I give the opening remarks | 我做开幕式演讲 |
[07:33] | because I’m a natural public speaker. | 因为我是个天生的演讲家 |
[07:35] | And look at what a great job you did on these floors. | 看看你在地板上干的一手好活 |
[07:38] | You are a natural linoleum polisher. | 你是个天生的油毯抛光家 |
[07:41] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[07:44] | I saw your bracket. | 我看到你选的了 |
[07:45] | I think Lily is a great choice. | 莉莉是个不错的选择 |
[07:47] | She is. She’s gonna win the whole thing. | 是的 她会赢下整个比赛的 |
[07:49] | And she didn’t even need my help. | 我都不用帮她 |
[07:50] | Also, last night, I went online, I found the perfect apartment. | 还有昨晚我上了网 找到了完美的住处 |
[07:53] | And it’s across the street from a Porsche dealership. | 在保时捷销售公司对面 |
[07:55] | So, all the rich guys are gonna have two great options | 看来有钱人面对中年危机可以有 |
[07:58] | for their midlife crisis. | 两种选择了 |
[08:06] | I… | 我 |
[08:08] | keep my fertilizer… | 把化肥 |
[08:11] | in a warm place | 放在温暖的地方 |
[08:13] | in my back… | 在我家后背 |
[08:15] | uh, yard. | 后院 |
[08:19] | – Oh, God, she’s freezing up. – Okay, yeah, hold on. | -天啊 她冷场了 -挺住 |
[08:22] | Maybe she’ll pull it out. | 也许她能逆袭 |
[08:23] | This-this plant grew more than that one. | 这盆植物长得比这盆高 |
[08:28] | Or maybe not. | 也许不能 |
[08:30] | That selfish bitch. | 自私的小贱人 |
[08:32] | Okay. Thank you, Lily. | 好了 谢谢 莉莉 |
[08:34] | And next, we are going to be moving over | 之后 我们将到这边 |
[08:37] | to see Lily’s competition, Victor Hu. | 看看莉莉的对手 胡大胜 |
[08:40] | When he’s ready, he’ll show us his project, | 准备就绪后 他就会展示自己的项目 |
[08:43] | growing a whole starfish from a single arm. | 从一根残肢长出派大星 |
[08:47] | I mean, there is no way | 没有任何可能 |
[08:48] | Lily’s sad presentation is gonna beat Victor Hu. | 莉莉的悲剧表现能赢过胡大胜 |
[08:51] | Well, that’s what teachers are for– | 老师的职责就在此 |
[08:54] | make kids beat themselves. | 让孩子们自己干掉自己 |
[09:01] | Victor, hi. Walk with me. | 大胜 跟我来 |
[09:03] | Did you know I dated a doctor? | 你知道我跟医生约过会吗 |
[09:05] | He gave me lots of stuff. | 他给了我好多东西 |
[09:07] | Most of which went away with medication. | 大部分都随药而去了 |
[09:09] | Don’t worry about it. | 不用担心 |
[09:10] | But he also gave me this– | 但还给了我这个 |
[09:13] | a pad of presigned doctor’s notes. | 一本预先签过名的医生便签 |
[09:16] | Okay, I really have to get back to… | 好吧 我得回到 |
[09:18] | Yeah. How much do you hate gym class? Because… | 你有多讨厌体育课 因为 |
[09:21] | I can make that go away. Yeah. | 我能让它一去不复返 |
[09:26] | I set out to grow an entire starfish from a single arm. | 我开始想用一根残肢培养一整只派大星 |
[09:33] | It didn’t work. | 没成功 |
[09:36] | Oh, well. | 就这样 |
[09:40] | Maybe next year, guys. | 明年再来吧 |
[09:44] | The craziest thing just happened. | 最诡异的事情发生了 |
[09:46] | Victor Hu just choked. | 胡大胜不显灵了 |
[09:47] | Well, at least, he’s doing better | 至少他可比 |
[09:49] | than the formerly star-shaped fella in here. | 曾经这里健全的派大星要好 |
[09:52] | I mean, is there anything you won’t do to win? | 为了赢你还有什么不会做 |
[09:54] | A gym teacher. | 体育老师 |
[09:57] | Advancing to the next round will be Lily Parker. | 晋级下一轮的是莉莉·帕克 |
[10:01] | Yes! We did it! | 我们成功啦 |
[10:04] | You told me you had this tournament in the bag. | 你告诉我这次锦标赛稳赢 |
[10:06] | But you don’t. That’s okay, | 可是没有 没关系 |
[10:07] | because you have 15 minutes before you go on again, | 再次上台前你还有十五分钟 |
[10:09] | and I know what to do. | 我知道该怎么办 |
[10:11] | Tensions run high at special school events. | 学校特殊活动期间骚动会加剧 |
[10:14] | Kids are out of their element. | 孩子们不习惯 |
[10:15] | You’ve got parents, teachers– it is a powder keg. | 又是家长 又是老师 简直就是个炸药桶 |
[10:18] | – I’m scared. – Fear is good. Keeps you on your toes. | -我怕怕 -怕就对了 让你专注 |
[10:21] | But you want to protect yourself at all times, | 你得随时保护自己 |
[10:23] | or before you know it, you’ll be getting your nurples purpled. | 不然不知什么时候你的双乳就会被辱 |
[10:25] | And you have not known shame | 你不会理解那种耻辱 |
[10:27] | until you have to write the word “Nurple” on an insurance form. | 直到你得在保单上写”残乳”二字 |
[10:29] | – Ha-ha. Nice backpack. – Kim, you hear that? | -书包挺好看 -金姆 听到了吗 |
[10:32] | A girl giving another girl a compliment is never sincere. | 一个女生给另一个女生的评价永远没诚意 |
[10:35] | No one ever had a nice backpack. Come on! | 天下没有好看的书包 跟我来 |
[10:38] | There’s gonna be a girl fight, and you are gonna break it up. | 女生们要打架 你得劝下来 |
[10:41] | Girls are the most brutal. | 女生是最残忍的 |
[10:42] | Get in there, drop an expression of dominance on them. | 冲进去 让她们知道谁是老大 |
[10:44] | I like to throw a little Batman voice in there, | 我一般爱用蝙蝠侠的声音 |
[10:46] | really send the message home. | 特别有效果 |
[10:48] | Hey, ladies. I couldn’t help but notice… | 女士们 我突然发现 |
[10:52] | Gentlewomen, end this now. | 绅女士们 快住手 |
[10:54] | Or you’ll find out how I will end it. | 不然吾将终结一切 |
[10:56] | Sorry, Principal Carl. | 抱歉 卡尔校长 |
[11:00] | I knew I wasn’t cut out for this. | 我就知道我不适合干这个 |
[11:02] | Well, you tried, Kim. That’s the most important part | 你努力了 金姆 这才是阻止打架 |
[11:05] | of fight prevention. And life. | 最重要的部分 还有活着 |
[11:07] | Wow, so many things are about one thing and also about life. | 好多东西都是活着和另一个什么最重要 |
[11:14] | I love to make dip. | 我喜欢做蘸酱 |
[11:19] | And glasses. | 还有眼镜 |
[11:20] | Oh, you look so smart. | 显得好聪明 |
[11:23] | Lost and Found comes through again. | 失物招领处又派上用处了 |
[11:25] | Just don’t use condoms from there. | 千万别用那儿的套套 |
[11:26] | Trish Kelly learned that lesson freshman year. | 翠西·凯利高一从那儿得了个教训 |
[11:28] | That lesson just turned 12. | 那个教训今年十二岁了 |
[11:35] | I don’t know about all this stuff. | 我有点纠结 |
[11:37] | It-it feels wrong. | 这感觉有问题 |
[11:38] | Someday you’re gonna learn | 有一天你会明白 |
[11:40] | that anything worth doing feels wrong. | 值得去做的一切感觉都有问题 |
[11:43] | And we’re not changing the data. | 我们又没有篡改数据 |
[11:44] | We’re just zhuzzing up how we say it. | 我们只是包装了下展示的方法 |
[11:46] | It’s like science on cocaine. | 好比与可卡因有关的科学 |
[11:48] | Which is not cool. | 这是不对的 |
[11:51] | “Don’t do drugs.” | 拒绝黄赌毒 |
[11:54] | Ready to see me win some money? | 准备好看我赢钱了吗 |
[11:57] | I fixed Lily’s presentation. | 我改了莉莉的展示 |
[12:00] | My stepmom and dad said I couldn’t get a puppy. | 继母和爸爸说我不能养狗 |
[12:03] | So they got me a plant. | 所以他们给了我这盆植物 |
[12:08] | Life gave me lemons, | 生活给我一只柠檬 |
[12:10] | and I made science. | 我把它榨成科学 |
[12:17] | I showered one plant with attention | 我用爱心浇灌这盆植物 |
[12:19] | to see if it would grow bigger | 想看它会不会比这一盆更大 |
[12:21] | – Science, science, science… – and better than this one. | -科学 科学 科学 -更好 |
[12:23] | – So… do you want to see it? – Yeah! | -你们想看吗 -想 |
[12:26] | I can’t hear you. Who wants to see it? | 我听不见 你们谁想看 |
[12:30] | Here is the plant that love built! | 见证用爱浇筑出植物的时刻 |
[12:36] | Heck, yeah, it worked! | 起效了 |
[12:37] | By a whopping 140 millimeters. | 多长了140毫米 |
[12:43] | That is, uh… that’s pretty impressive. | 这是挺不错的 |
[12:45] | She killed it. | 她暴虐了 |
[12:49] | I-I want to announce this one. | 我想宣布这个 |
[12:50] | Uh, too late ’cause I already have the clipboard. | 太晚了 因为我已经拿到计分板了 |
[12:54] | But you can announce the garbage cans are empty | 不过你可以宣布垃圾桶在你清空之后 |
[12:57] | after you’ve emptied them. Oh, and cute wig. | 都清空了 假发挺可爱 |
[13:02] | Okay. And moving on to the next round is… | 晋级下一轮的是 |
[13:07] | Lily and her amazing plant! | 莉莉和她神奇的植物 |
[13:15] | Wait, why are you cheering? | 等等 你欢呼个什么劲儿 |
[13:17] | What? I picked a long shot to win, too. Oops. | 我也挑了个如意子 |
[13:20] | My loser? But you know I need that money… | 我的废品 你知道我需要这笔钱 |
[13:22] | They clapped for me. | 他们为我鼓掌了 |
[13:24] | – Aren’t you happy? – I’m so happy. | -你不高兴吗 -我很高兴 |
[13:27] | But, apparently, I’m splitting my happiness two ways. | 不过显然我的欢乐被对半儿分了 |
[13:33] | Walk, walk, walk. | 来 来 来 |
[13:35] | I can’t believe you piggybacked on my long shot. | 你竟然偷选了我的如意子 |
[13:38] | I need this. What do you need the money for? | 我需要这笔钱 你要钱干什么 |
[13:40] | A fancy whistle? Formal sweatpants? | 更酷炫的哨子 更屌炸天的运动裤 |
[13:41] | I’m actually helping my mom with her cataract surgery. | 我在资助我妈的白内障手术 |
[13:44] | And/or getting a new PlayStation. | 并且 或者 买台新的小霸王 |
[13:45] | Well, then get a better job. Look at me. | 那就换个工作 看看我 |
[13:47] | I don’t belong here. I used to have everything, | 我不属于这里 我曾拥有一切 |
[13:50] | and now I’m basically living in the guest house of my old life. | 而我现在住在我过去生活的客房里 |
[13:54] | An apartment for me isn’t just a place | 公寓房不只是我和 |
[13:57] | to do filthy things with rich men– | 土豪做羞羞的事情地方 |
[13:59] | it’s my chance to start over. | 还是我重来的机会 |
[14:01] | So, sorry if I don’t care about some | 很抱歉我不在乎一个 |
[14:04] | gym teacher’s mom’s broken eyes. | 体育老师他妈的破眼睛 |
[14:06] | This money means I can move out and finally start over. | 这笔钱意味着我可以搬出去重新来过 |
[14:10] | I found Lily, I got her here, | 我发掘了莉莉 带领她到这一步 |
[14:12] | I deserve to win the pool. | 我该赢下奖池 |
[14:13] | Find your own nobody to bet on. | 押你自己的无名小卒去 |
[14:21] | And now… | 现在 |
[14:23] | our first Little Scientists finalist, | 我们第一位”小科学家”决赛选手 |
[14:25] | Lily Parker. | 莉莉·帕克 |
[14:33] | People say plants just need | 人们说植物只需要 |
[14:35] | sunlight and water and… whatever. | 阳光 水分和别的什么 |
[14:41] | But people are dumb and hurt other people… | 但是人是愚蠢的 会伤害别人 |
[14:43] | Time out! | 暂停 |
[14:44] | Time out! | 暂停 |
[14:45] | Time out. Can I talk to you? | 暂停 借一步说话 |
[14:49] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[14:50] | You’re blowing everything. | 你要搞砸了 |
[14:52] | You only care ’cause you’re betting on me. | 你关心我还不是因为你在我身上下了注 |
[14:54] | There are no time-outs in science. | 科学的脚步不能暂停 |
[14:56] | The pressure is getting to her. | 她有压力 |
[14:59] | I have got just the thing for you. | 我给你去搞你需要的 |
[15:01] | Hey. Go get half a benzo out of Sally Kimball’s desk. | 到萨莉·金伯尔的桌子拿些苯并 |
[15:05] | And make sure you replace it with a Tic Tac | 记得用薄荷糖掉包 |
[15:07] | so she doesn’t know any are missing. | 这样她才不知道少了 |
[15:08] | And make sure you don’t take any of the eight Tic Tacs | 记得别把已经放进去的八颗薄荷糖 |
[15:10] | that are already in there. | 拿出来了 |
[15:11] | Now scat. | 快去 |
[15:12] | Principal Carl, | 卡尔校长 |
[15:14] | Ms. Davis and Coach Kotsky | 戴维斯老师和考茨基教练 |
[15:15] | are betting on the science fair. | 在科学展上赌钱 |
[15:17] | They don’t care about the tournament | 他们不在乎锦标赛 |
[15:19] | or the kids in it. | 或者参与的孩子 |
[15:21] | Lily, wait… | 莉莉 等等 |
[15:23] | You’re not going anywhere, Ms. Davis. | 别想跑 戴维斯老师 |
[15:26] | Betting on a school function? | 在学校集会上赌钱 |
[15:28] | That is unacceptable. | 无法容忍 |
[15:30] | Okay, okay. Here’s the truth. | 好吧 给你说实话 |
[15:33] | Joel’s running everything, | 乔尔在幕后操作 |
[15:34] | so you should really be focusing your anger on him, | 你真应该把怒火喷射向他 |
[15:36] | not me. And don’t listen to his sob story | 而不是我 还有不要听信他的 |
[15:39] | about his mom’s broken eyes. | 有关他妈的破眼睛的凄惨故事 |
[15:43] | Illegal wagering on a school event? | 在学校活动上非法赌博 |
[15:45] | – Really? – We don’t… we don’t call it gambling. | -过分了 -这不叫赌博 |
[15:47] | You know, w-we see it more | 我们把它看做成 |
[15:48] | as an experiment in probability. | 关于概率的实验 |
[15:50] | Coach Kotsky, don’t you dare try and put lipstick on this pig. | 考茨基教练 你别想洗白 |
[15:54] | I’m confiscating that pool money when this is over. | 展会结束我要没收奖池里的钱 |
[15:57] | I am very disappointed that you have tarnished the good name | 对于你玷污理查德·尼克松中学的行为 |
[16:00] | of Richard Nixon Middle School. | 我深感失望 |
[16:03] | This is why I have to bug all of the offices. | 这就是为何我得窃听所有的办公室 |
[16:06] | Now let’s get back to the fair. | 到展会上去吧 |
[16:08] | Lily, when you told me about your project on the bus, | 莉莉 你在公车上给我讲你的项目时 |
[16:11] | I thought it sounded good. I thought you could win. | 我觉得不错 我觉得你能赢 |
[16:14] | Yeah, we both did. | 我们俩都觉得 |
[16:15] | Yeah, but I thought so first and he cheated off me. | 是的 是我先想到的 所以是他耍赖 |
[16:17] | Just let me pack up. | 我去收摊 |
[16:19] | It’s over. | 没戏了 |
[16:19] | I bet on you because I believe in you. | 我在你身上押注是因为我相信你 |
[16:22] | I know people say that to kids all the time, but I mean it. | 大人是老这么给小孩说 但我是认真的 |
[16:25] | I put my money where my mouth is. | 我的钱与心同在 |
[16:27] | Money is way more valuable than free words. | 钱比空话可有价值多了 |
[16:31] | Lily, we could sit here and argue | 莉莉 我们大可以在这里纠缠 |
[16:32] | about how Ms. Davis feels about you, | 戴维斯老师心里到底怎么想 |
[16:33] | but we both know how she feels about money. | 但我们都知道她对钱的感受 |
[16:36] | She does like money. | 她是挺喜欢钱的 |
[16:38] | – I do. I… – She loves it. | -是的 -她爱钱 |
[16:39] | It’s one of her likes on Facebook. | 她在脸书上还关注了”钱” |
[16:40] | Look, your project, talking to plants, | 你的项目 对植物说话 |
[16:43] | in the real world, is so sad. | 在真实世界是个悲剧 |
[16:45] | Like “Benihana-for-one” sad. | 一个人吃火锅那种悲剧 |
[16:48] | But here it’s great. | 但在这儿是好东西 |
[16:51] | So don’t you want to go in there and try to win? | 你快过去努力去赢吧 |
[16:53] | Because I really think you can. | 因为我真心相信你会赢 |
[16:57] | I know I can. | 我知道我会赢 |
[16:59] | Good girl. | 好孩子 |
[17:02] | “Benihana-for-one”. That is… that is very sad. | 一个人放学回家 那是挺悲哀的 |
[17:04] | I once heard Carl make a reservation there for one, | 我有次听到卡尔打电话雇人陪他回家 |
[17:06] | and it stuck with me. | 让我久久不能释怀 |
[17:07] | Is positive attention as essential as sun, | 正能量对于生长是不是跟阳光 |
[17:10] | food and water to grow? As of last night, | 养料和水一样重要 截止昨晚 |
[17:13] | my plant had grown 140 millimeters more than that one. | 我的植物比那盆高了140毫米 |
[17:17] | What gives, Fingerprints? | 想干吗 油爪子 |
[17:18] | I’m presenting this. | 我要颁奖 |
[17:20] | Every year, I get stuck with all the terrible jobs. | 每年我都要干这些肮脏的工作 |
[17:22] | And you know what? I’m the science teacher. | 我是科学老师 |
[17:24] | These are my star students. | 这些是我的好学生 |
[17:26] | And I am announcing the winner. | 我要宣布胜者 |
[17:28] | And if you don’t like it, you can have your own fair. | 如果你不乐意 你可以举办你自己的展会 |
[17:30] | Oh, wait, a stupid history fair? | 等等 傻傻的历史展 |
[17:31] | No one would give a… rat’s hindquarters. | 有人关心就 割屋哀怪了 |
[17:34] | And today my plant grew an additional two millimeters. | 今天我的植物有多长了两毫米 |
[17:38] | Nurturing is the key to growing your plants. | 鼓励是使植物生长的关键 |
[17:41] | And you know what? It works with people, too. | 这对人也是一个道理 |
[17:45] | You know, she’s talking about me. | 她是在说我 |
[17:47] | I’d like to dedicate this to my dad. | 我想把它献给我爸爸 |
[17:52] | I don’t see him here. | 没见着他啊 |
[17:54] | I understand that you’re upset. | 我知道你很不爽 |
[17:56] | But I am presenting this trophy. | 不过我要颁这个奖 |
[17:59] | – Oh, Irene, no. – Oh, yes, I am. | -艾琳 不 -我就要 |
[18:02] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[18:03] | Not now, Kim. | 别烦我 金姆 |
[18:04] | Yes, now. Dear teachers | 就烦你 亲爱的老师 |
[18:06] | for whom I have a deep admiration… | 我最最敬爱的老师 |
[18:07] | Um, Batman voice. | 蝙蝠侠声音 |
[18:09] | The kids are watching. | 孩童在此 |
[18:11] | Is this what you want them to see? | 汝等愿让其视此态也 |
[18:13] | Kim’s James Earl Jones impression is right. | 金姆模仿的詹姆斯·厄尔·琼斯说得对 |
[18:16] | – It is? – Yes, it is, Kim. I’m very proud of you. | -是吗 -是的 金姆 为你骄傲 |
[18:18] | I knew you could do it. | 我就知道你能行的 |
[18:19] | Well, it just took you believing in me | 靠的就是你相信我 |
[18:22] | and a Tic Tac from Sally Kimball. | 和萨莉·金伯尔那儿的一颗薄荷糖 |
[18:23] | I think it was a Tic Tac. I don’t know. | 我觉得是薄荷糖 我也不清楚 |
[18:28] | I feel terrible, Irene. | 我很内疚 艾琳 |
[18:30] | I guess I was just working so hard | 我猜也许是因为我工作太努力 |
[18:32] | that I lost sight of how hard you were working, too. | 没有看见你工作得也很努力 |
[18:35] | Maybe even a scootch more than me, so… | 也许就比我多那么一丁点儿 所以 |
[18:39] | you should announce the winner. | 你该宣布胜者 |
[18:43] | Oh, no, Ginny. | 不 金妮 |
[18:46] | – You should announce the… – Okay, great! | -还是该你宣布 -太棒了 |
[18:50] | The winner of the 2014 Tournament | 2014″小科学家”锦标赛的 |
[18:54] | of Little Scientists is… | 胜者是 |
[18:56] | Lily Parker! | 莉莉·帕克 |
[19:03] | I told you. | 都说了吧 |
[19:04] | – I’m so proud of you. – Thanks. | -对你太骄傲了 -谢谢 |
[19:07] | I never thought I could win. | 我从没觉得我会赢 |
[19:09] | But are you mad that you didn’t get any money? | 拿不到钱你不会生气吗 |
[19:11] | I know you wanted to move. | 我知道你很想搬走 |
[19:12] | Oh. That was barely enough for a studio. | 那些钱连买个录音棚都不够 |
[19:15] | It’s like, what am I, a runaway? | 你觉得我像个爱漂泊的人吗 |
[19:16] | – It was nice having you here. – Thanks. | -有你在挺好的 -谢谢 |
[19:19] | But I’m still mad at Dad and Brie, though. | 但我还是生老爸和布里的气 |
[19:21] | Go easy on them, okay? And, remember, | 对他们宽容点 记住 |
[19:23] | your biological mother’s a total nightmare, too. | 你的生母也不是展省油的灯 |
[19:25] | – Anyway, go show your friends your trophy. – All right. | -快去给你朋友秀奖杯吧 -好的 |
[19:29] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[19:30] | I’m-I’m really sorry | 我真的很抱歉 |
[19:31] | we bet on the science fair. You know, it won’t happen again. | 我们在科学展上赌钱的 不会再发生了 |
[19:34] | Well, it was nice seeing the kids and the teachers | 看到孩子和老师最后和解 |
[19:36] | wrapped up in this one together. | 还是挺不错的 |
[19:38] | Now hand over the cash. | 把钱给我 |
[19:42] | Sixty-five dollars! | 六十五块 |
[19:45] | That is quite a haul. You know what? | 这笔钱不小嘞 |
[19:47] | I’m gonna give this to the kids. | 我要把钱给孩子们 |
[19:50] | Because I’ve actually been trying to raise money | 我还一直想筹款 |
[19:53] | to fix the Nixon mural. | 维修尼克松壁画呢 |
[19:58] | That is a fantastic idea. Here you go. | 这主意不错 给你了 |
[20:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:04] | It’s… it’s $100. | 要一百块 |
[20:09] | Looks like I’m gonna have to contribute the rest. | 看来我得贡献剩下的部分了 |
[20:12] | – That’s so cool. – Well, use it wisely. | -太好了 -好好用吧 |
[20:15] | That is my Benihana money. | 是我雇人陪我回家的钱 |
[20:21] | Okay, that felt wrong. | 好愧疚 |
[20:22] | Well… that’s how you know it was worth doing. | 这样你才知道是值得做的 |
[20:33] | Looks like you showed your plant some love and she grew. | 你给了植物爱 她就成长了 |
[20:35] | Ugh. Don’t be weird. Where’s my money? | 别犯傻了 我的钱呢 |
[20:38] | I always thought I’d be leaving this on your dresser. | 我还想把它放在你梳妆台上呢 |
[20:41] | So, what are you gonna do with it? | 你打算用它干啥 |
[20:42] | Well, it’s not enough to move out, but, uh… | 搬出去还不够 不过 |
[20:46] | I have some ideas. | 我有主意了 |
[20:54] | Miss Meredith? Sweetie, my key’s not working. | 梅瑞迪丝小姐 我的钥匙不管用了 |
[20:58] | Did you change the locks? Lupe has to heat up her soup. | 你换锁了吗 卢佩要热她的汤 |
[21:01] | Oh, no. Too bad. | 太不幸了 |
[21:03] | Better tell Lupe to start packing some sandwiches. | 最好告诉卢佩以后带三明治 |