时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Health Week? Gross. | 健康周 恶心 |
[00:06] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[00:08] | No donuts? | 没面包圈 |
[00:09] | Like, what am I supposed to eat? | 那我吃什么啊 |
[00:10] | Try a vegan muffin– they smell like leather, | 试试素食松饼 虽然闻起来像皮革 |
[00:12] | but they taste like soap. | 但尝起来像肥皂 |
[00:13] | It’s like we’re at a lesbian wedding. | 搞得好像在百合婚礼一样 |
[00:15] | There’s no way you can eat junk food all the time | 你怎么可能成天吃垃圾食品 |
[00:16] | and look the way you do. | 身材还那么好 |
[00:17] | You can if you know the right doctors. | 如果认识个好医生就可能 |
[00:19] | Carl spends so much money on Health Week. | 卡尔在健康周花了特别多的钱 |
[00:21] | But when I want money to start a postseason baseball camp, | 可我提出要钱筹划季后棒球训练营时 |
[00:24] | he cries poor. | 他竟然哭穷 |
[00:25] | Literally cries about how poor we are. | 真的是哭着说我们有多穷 |
[00:27] | He cries a lot. | 他老爱哭 |
[00:27] | What happens during Health Week? | 健康周里要干什么 |
[00:29] | Oh, never mind. I just got so bored | 无所谓 刚说完那句话 |
[00:30] | by the end of that sentence. | 我就觉得无聊了 |
[00:31] | How good is this breakfast? | 这早餐太棒了 |
[00:33] | I cannot wait to meet the guy behind these– Chef Asher? | 真想快点见到做这饭的人 是亚瑟厨师吗 |
[00:36] | Oh, my God, I love him. | 天啊 我爱死他了 |
[00:37] | He’s here, he’s working with the school | 他在这和学校合作 |
[00:38] | to revamp the cafeteria menu to make it healthier. | 改进食堂菜单好让它更健康 |
[00:41] | Oh, no, they better not be getting rid | 不 他们可别取消了 |
[00:42] | of hamburger ice cream nachos! | 汉堡冰激凌玉米片 |
[00:44] | – They wouldn’t do that, would they? – I don’t know. | -他们不会这么做吧 -不知道 |
[00:46] | Welcome… | 欢迎来到 |
[00:47] | to Nixon’s “Nix the Fat” Week. | 尼克松中学的”肥仔尼克斯”周 |
[00:49] | Uh, first off, I’d just like to say | 首先 我想声明 |
[00:50] | that the faculty 50-yard-dash has been canceled. | 教职工五十码赛跑取消了 |
[00:53] | – Why?! – For secret principal reasons, Pilaf! | -为什么 -校长秘密原因 皮拉夫 |
[00:56] | And now I would like to introduce the host of Health Week, | 现在我想介绍下健康周的主管 |
[01:00] | a local five-star restaurant owner | 本地五星餐馆馆长 |
[01:02] | and vegan chef, Brad Asher. | 素食厨师 布拉德·亚瑟 |
[01:06] | This guy owns a five-star restaurant? | 这家伙有家五星餐馆 |
[01:08] | Hello, Nixon Middle. | 尼克松中学的朋友们大家好 |
[01:10] | Oh, he owns three restaurants. | 他有三家餐馆 |
[01:11] | Four if you count his food truck. | 如果算上他的餐车就是四家 |
[01:13] | Also forgot to mention he’s credited | 还忘了提是他 |
[01:14] | with bringing the parsnip | 引发了欧洲萝卜 |
[01:15] | to the forefront of the vegan movement. | 在素食运动中的潮流 |
[01:17] | Less relevant. Come on. | 无关信息 跟我来 |
[01:18] | …and I even broke gluten-free bread | 我甚至还与美国总统一起 |
[01:21] | with the President of the United States. | 吃了一顿无麸质的饭 |
[01:24] | I’m also vegan. | 我也是个绝对素食主义者 |
[01:25] | People hear the word “Vegan”, | 大家一听到绝对素食主义这这个词 |
[01:26] | they get scared, but don’t worry | 就会被吓到 不过不用担心 |
[01:28] | we don’t bite. | 我们不咬人的 |
[01:29] | I do. | 我咬 |
[01:31] | Uh, who here likes bacon? | 有谁爱吃培根 |
[01:33] | Me! | 我 |
[01:34] | Well, I’d like you to meet bacon. | 我想给你引见培根 |
[01:36] | This is Mr. Pigglesworth. | 这位是猪圆涨先生 |
[01:38] | He’s the reason I became vegan, | 他是我遵守绝对素食主义的原因 |
[01:39] | and he’s my best friend. | 也是我最好的朋友 |
[01:41] | But be careful– he’s not a vegan. | 但是要注意 他不是绝对素食主义者 |
[01:43] | And he has developed a taste for human flesh. | 而且他开始爱吃人了 |
[01:47] | Irene, you’re gonna get to see me in action. | 艾琳 你可以看姐实战表演了 |
[01:48] | I’ll teach you everything you need | 我要教你如何为 |
[01:49] | to know about catching a big fish. | 钓大鱼点技能树 |
[01:51] | Oh, wait, I think I remember this. | 等等 我好像记得 |
[01:53] | You have to keep a tidy, well-kept net. | 你得把 保持整洁 |
[01:55] | Yeah, very good. Now tell me everything you know about him. | 很好 现在给我仔细讲讲他 |
[01:57] | And focus in on the key words: | 注意关键词 |
[01:58] | mansion, ocean-front, villa, | 宅邸 海滨 别墅 |
[02:00] | Europe, family money– go. | 欧洲 家族产业 开始吧 |
[02:02] | I can tell you what kind of salt he likes to use. | 我可以告诉你他爱用哪种盐 |
[02:04] | Yeah, that’s not what I’m asking. | 这不是我想知道的 |
[02:26] | You have been on there a while, Kim, | 你骑了好一会儿了 金姆 |
[02:28] | and your heart rate hasn’t gone up, | 心率还没涨呢 |
[02:29] | you must be in great shape! | 身体不错啊 |
[02:30] | No, it’s because my heart’s enlarged, | 不 那是因为我的心脏变大 |
[02:32] | and it doesn’t function properly. | 功能紊乱了 |
[02:35] | Hi, I’m Navid. | 你好 我叫纳维德 |
[02:37] | Chef Asher’s sous chef. | 亚瑟厨师的副厨 |
[02:38] | Sous chef? So, you’re his Kim? | 副厨 所以你就像他的金姆一样 |
[02:41] | What’s a Kim? | 金姆是个啥 |
[02:42] | – I’m a Kim. – Right. | -我就是个金姆 -好吧 |
[02:44] | And you are? | 您是 |
[02:45] | Ms. Taylor-Clapp. | 泰勒-克莱普老师 |
[02:46] | And I hope you washed your hands | 希望你摸过那只可爱的牲畜之后 |
[02:47] | after you handled that adorable livestock. | 把手洗干净了 |
[02:49] | Well, I just came over here to say hi. | 我就来打个招呼 |
[02:52] | And that is your diastolic blood pressure. | 这是你的舒张压 |
[02:54] | Guess I did that. See you later. | 我尽力了 回见 |
[02:56] | Whoa, he is so cute. | 他挺性感的 |
[02:58] | You think everybody’s cute. | 你感觉谁都性感 |
[02:59] | Big heart. | 心大 |
[03:00] | I like your number. | 数字挺正常的 |
[03:04] | Chef… Hi, I’m Meredith Davis. | 大厨 你好 我叫梅瑞迪丝·戴维斯 |
[03:07] | – The biter. – I’m much more than that. | -咬人的那个 -我可不只如此 |
[03:09] | I’m just so happy you’re here. | 您在这儿我真是太高兴了 |
[03:11] | Fat kids are my passion, too. | 我也很重视胖仔 |
[03:13] | – It’s an epidemic. – It keeps me up at night. | -胖会传染 -愁得我晚上都睡不着觉 |
[03:16] | – Pretty and smart? – I mean, that’s what they say about me. | -你真是才貌兼得 -大家都这么说 |
[03:19] | You know, but, I-I’m just a real person. | 可我只是个普通人 |
[03:21] | Um, this is Irene. | 这位是艾琳 |
[03:23] | Oh, true. I am me. | 对 我是我 |
[03:26] | Oh, and you’re gonna do a demonstration in my class. | 你要到我班上做展示 |
[03:28] | Oh, you’re the science teacher? | 你就是那个科学老师 |
[03:29] | Aren’t you a regular at my restaurant? | 你不是我们店里的常客吗 |
[03:31] | Guilty as ion charged. | 电离的常客 |
[03:32] | Well, the demonstration’s gonna be fun. | 展示会很有趣的 |
[03:34] | I love playing around with molecular gastronomy. | 我喜欢玩转分子美食学 |
[03:37] | – I love playing around. – You should bring your class, too. | -我喜欢玩转 -你该把你们班也带上 |
[03:40] | I know Principal Carl | 我知道卡尔校长 |
[03:41] | wants to involve as many kids as possible. | 想让尽可能多的孩子参与 |
[03:42] | Come by. I mean, unless you’re teaching an important… | 一起来吧 除非你在教什么重要的 |
[03:45] | – Nope. It’s a date. – Well, it’s not, but… | -没有 这算是约会 -不算 但 |
[03:47] | maybe we can go on one of those, too. | 也许约个会也是可以的 |
[03:49] | Tomorrow night would be perfect, I’m only looking… | 明晚挺不错的 我打算 |
[03:50] | No brakes! | 没闸 |
[03:53] | No brakes! | 没闸 |
[03:57] | Oh. That sucks. | 略惨 |
[03:59] | I’ll give you five bucks for that toaster pastry. | 我出五块买你的烘烤点心 |
[04:01] | Oh, sorry, Lily. It’s Health Week. | 不好意思 莉莉 现在是健康周 |
[04:03] | Oh, come on, Coach Kotsky, I’m dying here. | 别啊 考茨基教练 我快死了 |
[04:05] | They replaced all the snacks in the vending machines with fruit. | 他们把自动售货机里的零食都换成水果了 |
[04:08] | – Fruit! – Okay, you know what, | -水果 -这样吧 |
[04:09] | I won’t sell it to you, | 我不是卖给你 |
[04:10] | but I will take the money as a donation for baseball camp. | 而是把钱当成棒球训练营的捐款 |
[04:13] | Come on, banana! Fall! | 快啊 香蕉 掉下来吧 |
[04:15] | Now, damn it! | 快点 |
[04:16] | I will smash through this glass | 如果非逼我吃梨 |
[04:18] | if I’m forced to eat a pear. | 我绝对要把玻璃打碎 |
[04:23] | Carl, I need to talk to you. | 卡尔 我得跟你谈谈 |
[04:24] | If this is about Mr. Pilaf renting out | 如果你是想谈皮拉夫老师 |
[04:26] | your classroom at night on Airbnb, | 把你的教室晚上租到赶集网的事 |
[04:28] | I had no idea. | 我也不知情 |
[04:30] | And I agree, those Belgians were rude. | 我承认那些比利时人很讨厌 |
[04:32] | No. I was wondering why you cancelled | 不 我是在想你为什么要取消 |
[04:34] | the faculty 50-yard dash. | 教职工五十码赛跑 |
[04:35] | Well, uh, the field is uneven, | 地面不平整 |
[04:38] | the weather’s unpredictable, | 天气难预料 |
[04:40] | and I heard Kim’s been blood doping. | 我还听说金姆为此违规增血 |
[04:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:43] | The truth is… | 实际上 |
[04:44] | since the divorce, I have been a little down. | 离婚之后 我一直有些沮丧 |
[04:47] | Hitting the sauce kind of hard. The cheese sauce. | 寻寻蜜蜜 凄凄惨惨戚戚 |
[04:50] | And I may have put on a few extra LBs. | 所以我可能有点胖了 |
[04:53] | Oh, I had no idea. You wear it well. | 我一直没看出来 掩饰得不错 |
[04:54] | I got a little help under the suit. Male undergarments. | 西装里动了点手脚 男性内衣 |
[04:58] | Which have become socially acceptable. | 这已被社会认可 |
[05:00] | But the point is this: I am out of shape, I can’t run. | 但问题是 我胖了 跑不了了 |
[05:03] | Carl, I can coach you. | 卡尔 我来教你 |
[05:05] | You can? | 你能 |
[05:06] | Yes. I’m an excellent runner, obviously. | 能 很明显我是个出色的选手 |
[05:08] | Well, I just want to finish middle of the pack. | 我就想得个中段的名次 |
[05:10] | I mean, if I come in last, then people are gonna laugh. | 如果垫底肯定会被大家笑话的 |
[05:13] | And can you imagine? Then I’ll become a figure of ridicule. | 你能想象吗 我会成为大家的笑柄的 |
[05:19] | I can’t even imagine. | 真是没法想象 |
[05:22] | You know, I’m a big fan of your blog. | 我可是你微博的超级粉丝 |
[05:24] | It’s getting popular. | 越来越流行 |
[05:25] | Oh, very. There’s actually a guy in Germany | 那是相当流行 德国有个家伙 |
[05:27] | who live blogs your blog while he reads it. | 会现场微博你的微博 |
[05:29] | I know, because my mom printed up his last blog, | 我知道 因为我妈上次把他的微博打印出来 |
[05:33] | put it in an envelope and sent it to me with a note that said, | 塞到信封里给我寄了过来 还留着言 |
[05:36] | “I saw this on the computer” | 我在电脑上看到的 |
[05:39] | Your mom’s so dumb. | 你妈好傻 |
[05:42] | Hey, those are those shoes they make from old tires, right? | 这是那种用旧轮胎做的鞋子 是吧 |
[05:44] | Oh, yeah, yeah, I-I actually got a nail in one of ’em, | 是啊 其实有一只里面都嵌了钉子了 |
[05:47] | but I just… I can’t bring myself to throw them out. | 可我还是不舍得扔掉 |
[05:49] | – Just a slave to fashion that way. – Cool. | -就这么被时尚奴役了 -炫 |
[05:51] | Hi, I’m here. | 我来了 |
[05:53] | Oh, hey. Here you go. | 你好 给 |
[05:55] | Thank you. I love aprons. | 谢谢 我喜欢围裙 |
[05:58] | Maybe… I should wear just this on our date tonight. | 也许 我该在今晚约会的时候穿上 |
[06:01] | It’ll be like Top Chef. | 跟大厨一样 |
[06:02] | Unless you want to be Top Chef, | 除非你想当大厨 |
[06:03] | and I could be Bottom Chef. | 那我就当小厨 |
[06:05] | I’m no stranger to culinary euphemisms. | 这种厨房梗我听多了 |
[06:07] | Is it getting hot in here? | 这儿是不是变热了 |
[06:09] | ‘Cause maybe I should just slip into my bikini. | 不然我该把比基尼穿上的 |
[06:13] | Make that a whipped cream bikini. | 做个生奶油比基尼 |
[06:15] | Actually, that’s celery foam. | 那个其实是芹菜沫 |
[06:18] | We should have a foam party. | 我们该开个泡沫派对 |
[06:20] | Oh, my God, I went to one, once, in Montreal. | 我去过一个 在蒙特利尔 |
[06:23] | It was so fun, but lesson learned: | 太好玩了 不过得了个教训 |
[06:26] | leave the leather in the penthouse, because, apparently, | 把皮革产品留在豪宅里 因为很明显 |
[06:30] | those little lambies do not like to get wet. | 那些小绵羊不喜欢湿身 |
[06:34] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[06:36] | I like to start my morning with a breakfast burrito. | 我早上喜欢吃墨西哥卷 |
[06:39] | Covers all the food groups: | 富含所有营养 |
[06:40] | protein, vegetable, grain | 蛋白质 蔬菜 谷物 |
[06:42] | and comfort. | 以及舒心 |
[06:45] | Okay, my fitness regime is pretty simple. | 我的健身方法很简单 |
[06:49] | In the few minutes of free time I have | 在清晨广播前的几分钟 |
[06:50] | before morning announcements, I like to jog it out. | 空闲时间里我喜欢短跑 |
[06:52] | and do some wind sprints. | 和几次加速跑 |
[06:57] | And then I have my morning coffee. | 然后喝杯咖啡 |
[06:59] | Good. Studies show that caffeine boosts metabolism. | 不错 研究表明咖啡因能加速新陈代谢 |
[07:02] | Carl. That’s just a milkshake. | 卡尔 这是杯奶昔 |
[07:05] | It’s a coffee. | 其实是咖啡 |
[07:06] | Float. It’s technically a float. | 点缀 冰激凌就是点了个缀 |
[07:13] | Breakfast needs work. | 早餐要改进 |
[07:14] | Exercise needs work. | 锻炼要改进 |
[07:17] | Oh, I know. Everything needs work. | 我明白 全都要改进 |
[07:20] | I am an emotional eater. | 我是个情感食客 |
[07:22] | What does that even mean? | 这到底什么意思 |
[07:23] | I eat my feelings, Ginny. And, believe me, | 我吃掉的是情感 金妮 相信我 |
[07:26] | I have a lot of feelings post-divorce. | 离了婚后我情感很复杂 |
[07:28] | Two pizzas in one sitting feelings–pan pizzas– | 两种披萨挤在一个盘子里的心情 铁盘披萨 |
[07:31] | but this is drinking my feelings, so it’s different. | 可这是喝掉情感 所以不一样 |
[07:35] | You can do this. | 你能行的 |
[07:40] | To make broc bites, | 要做西兰花块 |
[07:42] | we take liquefied broccoli, | 我们需要液化的西兰花 |
[07:44] | and we dip it into sodium alginate powder. | 把它滴到海藻酸钠粉里 |
[07:47] | Oh, you know, if you take those broc bites | 如果你把这些西兰花 |
[07:49] | and you serve them with another bathed in liquid nitrogen, | 泡在液氮里一起上 |
[07:51] | then you actually represent all threestates of matter. | 你就可以展现物质的三态 |
[07:54] | But that would only be liquid and solid broccoli. | 可那只有液体和固体西兰花 |
[07:56] | Oh, the broccoli gas comes later. | 西兰花屁会快就会排出 |
[07:59] | – Okay, guys, who wants to be first? – Pick me! | -谁想先来 -我来 |
[08:03] | Broccoli. Spoon. | 西兰花 勺子 |
[08:06] | Oh, God. You’re so good with the kids. | 你和孩子们相处太好了 |
[08:09] | I mean, I guess we have that gift in common. | 我们有共同的天赋 |
[08:12] | I’ve actually been teaching them about small businesses. | 我最近在教他们小生意方面的东西 |
[08:13] | Maybe you could come speak to my class? | 你能不能来跟他们讲些什么 |
[08:15] | I mean, they would just love that. | 他们肯定会很高兴 |
[08:17] | Their favorite thing is single, handsome chefs | 他们最喜欢的就是把素食培根买回家的 |
[08:20] | who really, uh, bring home the vegan bacon. | 单身帅气的大厨 |
[08:24] | Bet you do pretty well for yourself, huh, big guy? | 我猜你赚的肯定不少吧 |
[08:27] | Like, how much we talking? | 说说到底多少 |
[08:29] | I actually don’t care that much about being paid. | 我其实不在乎到底赚多少 |
[08:30] | As long as I’m able to do my thing, I’m happy. | 只要做我喜欢做的就可以了 |
[08:33] | Yeah. I’d be happy to… | 是啊 我很乐意 |
[08:35] | do your thing, too. | 做你喜欢的做的 |
[08:37] | Meredith, at the start I thought we were on the same page, but | 梅瑞迪丝 一开始我还以为咱挺配 但 |
[08:40] | now I’m not sure we have that much in common. | 我不确定我们到底有没有那么多共同语言 |
[08:43] | – Maybe we shouldn’t go out? – We have the fat kid thing in common. | -还是别约会了 -可肥仔是共同点 |
[08:45] | – Just doesn’t feel right. – Yeah, I’m sorry, | -总之感觉不太对 -不好意思 |
[08:48] | – I’m just, like, not following. – Well, I’m trying | -我没太听明白 -我试着 |
[08:50] | to not let myself get distracted | 不让自己被性感美女 |
[08:52] | by shiny things in tight dresses. | 乱了心智 |
[08:54] | One of them owns half my first restaurant, now. | 有一位已经有了我第一家餐厅一半所有权 |
[08:57] | And I-I just want to date girls | 我就想和那些 |
[08:59] | that I have a real connection with. | 和我真正合适的女孩约会 |
[09:00] | But you’re clearly attracted to me. | 但你很明显已经被我吸引了 |
[09:02] | Oh, I like your outside. | 我喜欢你的外表 |
[09:05] | A lot. | 很喜欢 |
[09:07] | I just… I care more about what’s on the inside, now. | 我现在更在乎内在美 |
[09:12] | You might want to sit a different way. | 你该换个坐姿 |
[09:14] | I can fully see your net. | 你的全露出来了 |
[09:20] | – What are you doing? – Raising money for baseball camp, | -你在干什么 -给棒球训练营集资 |
[09:23] | what does it look like I’m doing? | 不然我在干什么 |
[09:24] | I used to “raise money” for baseball camp in college. | 我在大学也给棒球训练营”集资”过 |
[09:27] | Hey, don’t cut into my profits. | 别剥削我的利润 |
[09:29] | Stop it! I need this. | 松手 我要吃 |
[09:30] | Chef Asher cancelled our date for tonight. | 亚瑟大厨把晚上的约会取消了 |
[09:33] | He said he didn’t think we had a real connection. | 他说他觉得我们不合适 |
[09:35] | – You didn’t. – Yeah, so? | -你不这么觉得 -那又怎样 |
[09:36] | That’s never stopped me | 那也不曾阻止我 |
[09:37] | from dating anyone before. He said that he… | 和任何人约会 他说他 |
[09:40] | cares more about what’s inside | 更在乎内在美 |
[09:42] | and about being a good person. So lame. | 与好人卡的数目 无聊 |
[09:45] | It’s one guy that you’re not that into. Who cares? | 不就是个你没那么喜欢的男人嘛 |
[09:47] | He has more in common with Irene anyway. | 反正他和艾琳更合得来 |
[09:49] | I saw them comparing Amnesty International cards… | 我看见他们对比国际特赦组织卡片 |
[09:52] | Yeah, to see whose was more worn out. For a good ten minutes. | 看谁的磨损更大 比了有十分钟 |
[09:54] | Joel, this is serious– like, “No Return Policy” Serious. | 乔尔 这很严肃 跟概不退换一样 |
[09:57] | No one has ever broken off a date with me, | 没人取消过跟我的约会 |
[09:59] | for obvious reasons. And it’s like, | 原因很简单 而且 |
[10:00] | if I can’t get some average-looking chef | 如果我不能让这种长相一般 |
[10:02] | with under ten restaurants, to like me, | 手下十家餐厅以下的厨子喜欢我 |
[10:05] | then what does my future hold? | 那我未来还能钓到谁 |
[10:07] | – A gym coach? – Yes, exactly. | -体育老师 -对啊 多可悲 |
[10:10] | There you are. How much can I buy for 20? | 终于来了 二十块能买啥 |
[10:12] | Whoa, Bronwen, you sure you want to spend all that on… | 布朗温 你确定要把这么多钱花到 |
[10:14] | You know what I’m not here to buy? A lecture. | 我可不是来买说教的 |
[10:21] | All right, I’ll take a dozen Tootsie Rolls, | 来上十几根辣条 |
[10:23] | a handful of Skittles, | 一把华华丹 |
[10:25] | heavy on the greens. | 要绿盒子的 |
[10:26] | And… a bag of nacho chips. | 然后 一包小浣熊 |
[10:28] | Yeah, make it two. | 要两包吧 |
[10:30] | – One for my girl. – Sure. | -给妹子来一包 -好的 |
[10:31] | Okay, that’ll be 12 bucks. | 一共十二块 |
[10:33] | – Okay, here you go. – Thank you. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[10:36] | You know, you’re really making a killing here, Kotsky, | 考茨基 你在这儿可算是赚大发了 |
[10:38] | selling junk to these kids. | 给孩子们卖这些垃圾 |
[10:39] | Whoa, whoa, whoa! This money is for baseball camp | 这钱是给棒球训练营的 |
[10:41] | where kids run around and move. | 在那儿孩子们能跑啊跳啊 |
[10:43] | Occasionally. To and from the dugout. | 偶尔吧 从休息点进进出出 |
[10:45] | The point is, I’m making kids healthy. | 问题是 我让孩子们健康 |
[10:46] | If that’s what you need to tell yourself to sleep at night. | 如果这么想能让你晚上睡得更安稳的话 |
[10:54] | Hey, Coach, I’m next, right? | 教练 我是下一个 对吧 |
[10:56] | Hey! No cut-sies, huh? | 别插队 |
[10:59] | Oh, crap! | 糟了 |
[11:00] | I am sweating like a bag of breakfast. | 我成汗血宝马了 |
[11:03] | Come on, I’m gonna get you to the middle | 快点 我要让你在五十码赛跑 |
[11:05] | of that 50-yard dash pack. | 排到中段名次 |
[11:07] | This fitness stuff is harder than I thought. | 健身这事比我想象得难多了 |
[11:10] | I tried to run on the treadmill last night, | 我昨晚试着用跑步机 |
[11:12] | but-but-but Ron made pot-pies. | 可罗恩做了烤派 |
[11:14] | I mean, what am I supposed to do? | 难道怪我咯 |
[11:15] | You take a long sniff of it and you let that be enough. | 你就好好地闻下味儿就够了 |
[11:18] | Oh, I guess I could do that, but I think I’m gonna quit. | 应该可以吧 不过我还是放弃吧 |
[11:21] | I don’t understand what you just said, | 我不明白你说什么 |
[11:22] | ’cause I don’t know what that last word is. | 因为我不知道最后一个词什么意思 |
[11:23] | Quit. It means to cease, to stop doing. | 放弃 意思是停止做某事 |
[11:26] | It’s a common word that– | 这个词汇常用于 |
[11:27] | I know what the word means, but quitters never prosper. | 意思懂 可”今若放弃 永不超生” |
[11:30] | No. Cheaters never prosper. | 不 是”今若作弊 永不超生” |
[11:32] | Oh, I could cheat! | 我可以作弊 |
[11:33] | No cheating, no quitting! | 不能作弊 不能放弃 |
[11:35] | Listen, Ginny, I really appreciate you helping me out, | 金妮 很感激你帮我 |
[11:37] | but maybe I just need to accept my fate and balloon up. | 但也许我该接受命运就这么胖起来 |
[11:40] | It would be fun for a while, and I’d get disability. | 刚开始会很享受的 然后就残疾了 |
[11:43] | I know this fitness stuff is hard. | 我知道健身很难 |
[11:45] | I ate a pot-pie once, in 1987. | 我吃过一次烤派 是在1987年 |
[11:48] | But you have to get your life under control. | 你得控制住自己的生活 |
[11:50] | I want you to feel as good as I feel, | 我想让你感觉和我一样好 |
[11:52] | and that way to do that | 实现的方法 |
[11:53] | is to stay on course. So let’s go! | 就是坚持治疗 走吧 |
[12:06] | – Want a hand with that? – Oh, no, thank you. | -要帮忙吗 -不了 谢谢 |
[12:08] | But I think you should take another look | 我觉着你该检查下 |
[12:10] | at your “Always” Table. | “经常吃”的桌子 |
[12:11] | In my opinion, you have a lot of questionable fruits here. | 我觉得你在放错了好多水果 |
[12:14] | And plantains? Nice try. | 还有大蕉 想得美 |
[12:16] | How long have you had something against plantains? | 你嫌弃大蕉你家里知道吗 |
[12:20] | No going off course! | 不准放弃治疗 |
[12:22] | Son of a biscuit! What gives?! | 妈了个煎鸡蛋 你干啥 |
[12:24] | You are embarrassing me in front of the faculty. | 你让我在教职工面前出丑 |
[12:26] | It’s just one cookie. | 不就是块饼干吗 |
[12:27] | One cookie leads to two cookies, | 吃一块就想吃两块 |
[12:29] | which leads to three boxes in bed alone. | 然后就会想一个人躺在床上吃三盒 |
[12:32] | It’s not alone if you have the TV on. | 有电视君的陪伴就不算一个人 |
[12:34] | Ginny, you don’t get how hard this is for me. | 金妮 你不明白这对我来说有多难 |
[12:35] | I am naturally curvy. | 我是自来翘 |
[12:37] | I do get it. | 我明白 |
[12:39] | Before I got control of my life, I was a fat kid, | 在我控制住自己生活之前 我是个肥仔 |
[12:43] | and people were horrible. | 大家对我糟透了 |
[12:45] | They all claimed that I ate Amy Balducci | 他们都说我把艾米·巴尔杜奇吃掉了 |
[12:48] | even though everybody knew that she moved to Corpus Christi! | 尽管大家都知道她搬去科波斯克里斯蒂 |
[12:51] | And so then, every time I would burp, | 然后 每次我打嗝 |
[12:53] | they would say it was her crying out for help. | 他们都说是她在求救 |
[12:55] | Ow! My curves! | 我的翘臀 |
[12:59] | 尼克松中学 肥仔尼克斯野餐会 | |
[13:01] | So, how was your date with Meredith? | 你跟梅瑞迪丝的约会如何 |
[13:03] | Oh, we didn’t go out. | 我们没约 |
[13:04] | Oh… oh, you guys have so much in common– | 可你们有那么多共同点 |
[13:07] | hair, arms, legs. | 头发 胳膊 腿 |
[13:09] | Yeah, I just don’t think she’s my type. | 我只是觉得她不是我的菜 |
[13:11] | I mean, she thought “Quinoa” was my limo driver. | 她还以为”藜麦”是我的豪华轿车司机 |
[13:14] | It’s really cool that you’re composting. | 你自己搞堆肥真是太酷了 |
[13:18] | Oh, yeah. At one time, I actually even named my worms, | 是啊 有一次我还给虫子们起了名 |
[13:21] | but they’re just so hard to tell apart. | 但它们太难区分了 |
[13:22] | And then the little nametags kept falling off. | 之后名牌老是往下掉 |
[13:25] | What are we doing, guys? | 你们干什么呢 |
[13:26] | Eating green beans? Fun! | 吃绿豌豆 有趣 |
[13:28] | Oh, we’re just doing a little trash talking. | 我们在说些垃圾话 |
[13:30] | Composting. You know, it’s my favorite, so… | 堆肥 是我的最爱 |
[13:33] | I’m setting up a compost station tomorrow here, so… | 明天我要在这设个堆肥点 |
[13:36] | I want to help. | 我想来帮忙 |
[13:39] | Oh, God, I love composting. | 天啊 我超喜欢堆肥 |
[13:41] | Really? | 真的 |
[13:42] | Of course. Oh. | 当然 |
[13:44] | Okay, I feel like we got off on the wrong foot. | 我觉得我给你的第一印象不太好 |
[13:47] | I just was so nervous around you, | 我就是在你身边有点紧张 |
[13:49] | because I’m such a big fan. | 因为我是你店里的粉丝 |
[13:52] | You’re a big fan? | 你是个店里的粉丝 |
[13:53] | Guilty as ion charged. | 电离的粉丝 |
[13:55] | I’m a vegan, too. | 我也是绝对素食主义者 |
[13:57] | You didn’t mention that before. | 你之前没说啊 |
[13:58] | Well, I am. | 我是的 |
[14:00] | I have been since I was a kid. | 我从小就是了 |
[14:01] | My parents took me to the zoo when I was little, | 小时候我爸妈带我去动物园 |
[14:04] | and I saw these really adorable animals | 我看到这么些可爱的动物 |
[14:06] | doing tricks just for my entertainment. | 做些小把戏来逗我乐 |
[14:08] | And I just thought to myself, like, | 然后我就这么想 |
[14:10] | how can I be eating these animals | 这些动物这么有天赋这么好玩 |
[14:13] | when they’re so talented and hilarious? | 我怎么可以吃掉它们呢 |
[14:16] | I’m sorry I just can’t take “No” for an answer. | 很抱歉我不能接受你的拒绝 |
[14:18] | I mean, it’s just not every day that | 因为可不是天天都能 |
[14:20] | I meet a handsome man who has such a big heart and | 遇到这么有爱心 碳足迹这么少的 |
[14:24] | small carbon footprint. | 帅哥 |
[14:27] | Hopefully, that’s not an indication | 希望这不意味着 |
[14:28] | of, um, anything else. | 别的什么 |
[14:41] | I’m glad I was wrong about you, Meredith. | 我之前看错你了 梅瑞迪丝 |
[14:43] | Well, you can’t judge a book by its perfect tush. | 胸大并非没有脑 臀翘未必心眼小 |
[14:46] | Chef, we need you in the cafeteria. | 大厨 你得来趟食堂 |
[14:48] | ‘Cause, clearly, I can’t approve a smoothie station on my own. | 因为显然我没有设立冰沙站的权利 |
[14:52] | I miss you. | 会想你的 |
[14:55] | Oh, Joel? | 乔尔 |
[14:58] | See? | 看到了吧 |
[14:59] | I did it. | 我做到了 |
[15:00] | Meredith Davis is back, and you didn’t think I could. | 梅瑞迪丝·戴维斯满血复活 你还觉得我做不到 |
[15:02] | I thought you could. I just hoped you wouldn’t. | 我觉得你能做到 只是希望你别去做 |
[15:05] | Why? You’re the one who told me | 为什么 是你告诉我 |
[15:06] | to show him my insides, and I did, | 展现内在美 我展现了 |
[15:08] | and he likes it, so… I win. | 他喜欢 所以我赢了 |
[15:11] | Uh, no, Irene wins. You didn’t show him your insides. | 不 艾琳赢了 你没展现自己的内在 |
[15:14] | You showed him hers. | 你展现了她的 |
[15:15] | She’s the one he has the real connection with. | 她才是真正和他般配的人 |
[15:17] | I mean, you’re really so scared about one guy not liking you | 你真的就这么怕一个人不喜欢你 |
[15:19] | that you’re going to take this away from her? | 非要把他从她身边抢走吗 |
[15:21] | Huh? She’s your friend. | 她可是你朋友 |
[15:23] | And this is a new low, even for you. | 甚至对你 下限都算掉到底了 |
[15:26] | I’ve been much lower, thank you very much! | 我下限有过比这更低的好不好 |
[15:30] | Meredith? | 梅瑞迪丝 |
[15:30] | Some of this stuff has hardened into bricks. | 这里面有些东西快比砖硬了 |
[15:32] | Make sure you grab the dung mallets. | 记得拿上粪锤 |
[15:47] | Hey, Ginny, want to try a smoothie? | 金妮 要来杯冰沙吗 |
[15:49] | Chef Asher’s got me making them all day long, | 亚瑟大厨让我全天制作 |
[15:51] | ’cause four years of culinary school totally qualifies me | 因为新东方的四年学历让我够格 |
[15:53] | to throw rotten fruit in a blender and press “On.” | 把腐烂的水果丢进榨汁机然后按启动键 |
[15:55] | Still, they’re pretty good. | 尽管如此 味道不错 |
[15:57] | Smoothies are just desserts dressed up in snacks’ clothing. | 冰沙是披着零食外壳的甜点 |
[16:02] | Hey, listen, would you want to hang out later? | 晚点想一起出去吗 |
[16:05] | Well, I need 10,000 steps, and I am only at 783, so… | 我得走10000步 现在才783 所以 |
[16:09] | Ginny, a word, please? | 金妮 借一步说话 |
[16:12] | Why are you giving the handsome, bearded man a cold shoulder? | 你为什么要冷落这位英俊帅胡男 |
[16:15] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[16:16] | Well, he’s obviously interested in you. | 很明显他对你感兴趣 |
[16:18] | Why aren’t you chest deep | 你为什么没在牛饮 |
[16:20] | in that beet root smoothie right now? | 那杯甜菜根冰沙 |
[16:21] | I don’t expect you to understand this, | 我没期望你能理解 |
[16:24] | but I take my routines very seriously. | 不过我很重视我的原则 |
[16:26] | I didn’t get where I am now by breaking the rules. | 我可不是靠违反规则走到今天这步的 |
[16:28] | Yeah, but living by the rules is fine, | 生活中遵守规则是对的 |
[16:30] | but if you never break the rules, are you really living? | 可如果你从来不违反规则 你还算活着吗 |
[16:33] | My roommate Ron has a no-eating in-the-living-room rule. | 我室友罗恩有个不准在客厅吃饭的规则 |
[16:37] | But after he goes to bed, | 可当他睡了以后 |
[16:38] | I have been known to rip open a bag of those cheese balls | 我就会扯开一包上好佳 |
[16:42] | and go to town until my mustache looks like a traffic cone. | 埋头苦吃直到胡子上都沾满了渣渣 |
[16:47] | But I don’t like going off course. | 可我不喜欢改变计划 |
[16:49] | I’m not good at that. | 我不擅长 |
[16:50] | But you’re good at so many things. | 可你擅长很多东西 |
[16:53] | Filing… | 归档文件 |
[16:57] | What makes you think you won’t be good at this, too? | 你怎么觉得你不会擅长这个呢 |
[16:59] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[17:02] | He is kind of intriguing. | 他是挺吸引人的 |
[17:04] | Go get that smoothie. | 去拿那杯冰沙 |
[17:19] | Hey, girl. | 闺蜜 |
[17:21] | Great news about you and the chef. | 恭喜你和大厨 |
[17:23] | Seems like you guys really hit it off. | 看来你俩真的擦出了火花 |
[17:25] | Maybe I can pig-sit sometime. | 下次我给你们看猪吧 |
[17:27] | He’s not into me. | 他不喜欢我 |
[17:28] | – Oh, he isn’t? – Irene, | -真的吗 -艾琳 |
[17:30] | you have some great insides, but chefs | 你的内在很美 可大厨们 |
[17:34] | like outsides, too. | 也喜欢外在美 |
[17:36] | I’m sorry, but I have got a plan. | 不好意思 我有个计划 |
[17:37] | All right, up we go. Come on. | 好了 起来 |
[17:40] | Take off your clothes. | 把衣服脱了 |
[17:41] | Oh, okay… all right. | 好吧 |
[17:48] | Wow, Irene. You look great. | 艾琳 好漂亮啊 |
[17:51] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:53] | I just put on a little makeup… | 我就是化了点妆 |
[17:54] | that was only tested on humans. Don’t worry. | 是在人类身上试验的 不要担心 |
[17:57] | All right, listen, | 好吧 听着 |
[17:58] | she likes you, you should like her, | 她喜欢你 你该喜欢她 |
[17:59] | and I hate all of this. | 还有就是我恨透这一切 |
[18:03] | – What?! – Oh, yeah, everything you thought about me | -什么 -你对我的第一印象 |
[18:04] | from the beginning was true. I’m shallow, I like bacon. | 是对的 我很肤浅 我喜欢培根 |
[18:07] | – The person you’re into is Irene. – You’re single? | -你喜欢的是艾琳 -你还单身 |
[18:10] | What about the stroller you bring to my restaurant? | 那你去我餐厅的时候怎么还推着婴儿车 |
[18:12] | It’s for her ferret. | 里面是她的雪貂 |
[18:14] | There’s probably room in there for Mr. Pigglesworth– | 里面可能还有地方放猪圆涨先生 |
[18:16] | that way, you guys never have to worry about anyone | 这样 你们就再也不用担心任何 |
[18:17] | from the opposite sex ever being attracted | 异性还会被你们中任何一人 |
[18:19] | to either one of you ever again. | 吸引了 |
[18:23] | I’m sorry I didn’t realize what a connection we had right away. | 很抱歉我没意识到咱们俩这么合得来 |
[18:26] | You and your ferret… s… | 你和你的雪貂 们 |
[18:29] | are welcome at my restaurant any time. | 随时欢迎到我的餐厅 |
[18:31] | In fact, I’d love to take you there tonight. | 说实话 我今晚就想带你去 |
[18:37] | Guys. You open? | 开张了吗 |
[18:38] | As a matter of fact, I am. | 开了 |
[18:40] | Granola bars? They got to you, too, huh? | 格兰诺拉燕麦卷 你也被逮了 |
[18:43] | Hey, I held out as long as I could. | 我尽可能挺住了 |
[18:45] | Go ahead, guys. It’s on me. | 拿吧 算我请的 |
[18:47] | Well, I was planning on starting my diet on Monday, | 本来想周一再按规定饮食的 |
[18:50] | but I guess I’ll start now. | 还是现在开始吧 |
[18:52] | My girl will sure be happy. Um… | 我妹子肯定会开心的 |
[18:55] | For the last time… I am not your girl. | 再说一遍 我不是你妹子 |
[18:59] | Chicks, right? | 女人啊 |
[19:01] | Mmm! This is the best meal I’ve had all week. | 这是我这周吃的最好的一餐 |
[19:05] | Wait. How did you end up with that pig? | 等等 这猪怎么在你这儿 |
[19:06] | Well, every hot girl needs a fat friend. | 每个辣妹身旁都要有个肥仔 |
[19:10] | Plus, I’m, uh, pig-sitting | 另外我在这儿看猪 |
[19:12] | while Irene is on the date with her chef. | 艾琳和她的大厨在约会 |
[19:14] | I hope they’re, uh, really loving each other’s insides. | 我希望他们真的深爱着对方的内在 |
[19:18] | Man, why are you so offended | 你怎么就这么不喜欢 |
[19:20] | by someone liking what’s on the inside? | 一个人喜欢着另一个人的内在 |
[19:22] | Most people think that’s a good thing, you know? | 大多数人都觉得这很好 |
[19:24] | Well, I like to keep things surfacey. | 我喜欢把一切保持在表面 |
[19:26] | You know? It’s just easier for everyone. | 对大家都好 |
[19:27] | – Why? – Because not everybody has such nice insides, Joel. | -为什么 -因为不是每个人内在都美 |
[19:31] | Some people have darker pasts and insides | 有些人有着黑暗的过去与内在 |
[19:33] | that nobody wants to hear about. | 是没人想听的 |
[19:35] | No, but that’s how you know if someone’s right for you. | 不 这样你才知道别人到底喜不喜欢你 |
[19:37] | You know, if you share all that stuff, | 如果你把那些都分享出来 |
[19:38] | and then they… stick around. | 然后他们选择不离去 |
[19:39] | Nobody wants to know what’s below my surface, Joel. | 没人想知道我外表以外的东西 乔尔 |
[19:43] | Nobody wants to hear about my mom and her 20 boyfriends | 没人想听我成长过程中我妈和她的 |
[19:46] | and three husbands while I was growing up, | 二十个男友和三任老公 |
[19:49] | or that she told me to meet a rich guy | 或者她告诫我要在脸与胸过期前 |
[19:51] | before my face and my boobs went. | 傍个大款 |
[19:54] | See? | 看吧 |
[19:56] | Guys just want to see me bend over. | 男人就想看我跪趴着 |
[19:59] | Nobody wants to hear the other stuff. | 没人想听别的 |
[20:01] | I do. | 我想 |
[20:04] | You would? | 真的 |
[20:06] | I mean, I also want to see you bend over, so… | 我也想看你跪趴着 |
[20:14] | 起点 Richard M. Nixon中学五十码赛跑 | |
[20:49] | That was so awesome. | 太棒了 |
[20:51] | I think I won. | 我觉得我赢了 |
[20:52] | I don’t know about that. | 你想多了吧 |
[20:53] | Yay, Carl! You did it! We did it! | 卡尔 你成功了 我们成功了 |
[20:55] | Yeah, I guess this Health Week was as important | 看来健康周对职工和孩子们 |
[20:58] | for the staff as it is for the kids. | 一样重要 |
[21:00] | Thank you. Aw… | 谢谢 |
[21:01] | I can’t believe I lost. | 我竟然输了 |
[21:03] | I’m never coming back! | 我不要再回来啦 |
[21:07] | He did the same thing last year. | 他去年也这副德行 |