英文名称:Bad Education
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:42] | Well, thank you, thank you all, | 谢谢 谢谢大家 |
[00:44] | parents and town advocates alike, | 各位家长和镇上的倡导者们 |
[00:47] | for joining us on this very special evening. | 欢迎你们出席今晚的特别活动 |
[00:52] | We’re here tonight to kick off | 今晚我们齐聚一堂 |
[00:54] | our most ambitious school year yet. | 共同迎接有史以来最前程远大的一学年 |
[00:57] | We’ve run the numbers, and folks, | 各位 根据我们统计的数据 |
[01:00] | there’s no simpler way for me to put it. | 我得到的最简单的结论就是 |
[01:04] | Our children are getting smarter. | 我们的孩子们越来越聪明了 |
[01:09] | Harvard, two. Dartmouth, two. | 两位考进哈佛 两位考进达特茅斯 |
[01:14] | Yale, three. | 三位考进耶鲁 |
[01:17] | U Penn, seven. | 七位考进宾大 |
[01:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[01:47] | …and my fellow trustees | 各位受托人们 |
[01:49] | who wait all year long | 你们已经用了整整一年 |
[01:51] | ranking the top public schools in America | 根据高考成绩和大学录取率 |
[01:54] | based on SATs and college acceptance rates. | 来给美国的顶尖公立学校排名 |
[01:58] | And Roslyn is four. | 罗斯林高中位列第四 |
[02:06] | And now, I’d like to bring out the man responsible. | 现在 我想请出让这一切成真的人 |
[02:09] | – Congratulations. – Thank you. | -恭喜 -谢谢 |
[02:10] | In his ten years here, | 在任的这十年间 |
[02:12] | he’s revamped our education system. | 他改进了我们的教育体制 |
[02:14] | From pre-K all the way to high school. | 从学前班到高中无所不包 |
[02:17] | Please join me in welcoming to the stage | 请和我一起欢迎他上台 |
[02:20] | our district superintendent and my friend, | 我们的学区主管和我的朋友 |
[02:23] | Frank Tassone. | 弗兰克·塔索内 |
[03:07] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:10] | Hey there, good morning. | 你好 早上好 |
[03:12] | Go Bulldogs. | 斗牛犬队加油 |
[03:13] | Have we heard about Mr. Kopple? | 克普先生怎么样了 |
[03:15] | – Wife had twins. – Twins! | -他妻子生了双胞胎 -双胞胎 |
[03:17] | – Late last night. – Nice. Send over flowers | -昨天深夜的时候 -真好 给他们送点花 |
[03:19] | and maybe an edible arrangement. | 可能再送点吃的 |
[03:20] | Can we, can we get these things out of here? | 能不能把这些东西收拾掉 |
[03:21] | – Oh, they’re nice for morale. – Yeah, it’d be even nicer | -它们可以鼓舞士气 -是啊 |
[03:23] | if they were shaped like ones. | 如果排第一就更有用了 |
[03:24] | – You know, Dr. Tassone… – Hey. | -塔索内博士 -你好 |
[03:26] | A wise woman once said it’s not having what you want. | 一位智慧的女性曾说过 不要追求你想要的 |
[03:29] | – It’s wanting what you got. – Mrs. Gluckin. | -而是珍惜你拥有的 -格卢金夫人 |
[03:31] | I barely recognize you anymore what with the new name, | 我差点没认出你来 |
[03:34] | new office, new job title. | 你换了新的名字 办公室 职称 |
[03:35] | The same pay, same paperwork. | 薪水和文书工作还是老样子 |
[03:38] | July and August are all settled up. | 七八月份的账目都结清了 |
[03:39] | – Expenses booked and archived. – Perfect. | -费用都登记存档了 -太棒了 |
[03:41] | And something else I wanted to talk to you about… | 我还有点别的要和你谈谈 |
[03:43] | Safety gates are all taken care of. | 安全门的问题也都处理好了 |
[03:44] | I’m meeting with City Hall later today to go over strategy. | 我今天会去市政厅和他们讨论具体策略 |
[03:47] | Jeez, someone’s had their coffee. | 老天 有人今天干劲十足啊 |
[03:48] | – Yeah. – Uh, Dr. Tassone? | -没错 -塔索内博士 |
[03:49] | – Yeah. – Uh, did you want your flight | -什么事 -你周五去维加斯开会的航班 |
[03:51] | to the Vegas conference Friday out of JFK or Newark? | 是想从肯尼迪国际机场还是纽瓦克机场起飞 |
[03:53] | Thanks, J. Whatever’s cheaper works fine. | 谢了 小珍 哪个便宜选哪个 |
[03:55] | And, uh, Mary Ann, is there any way | 玛丽·安 你能帮我 |
[03:57] | you’d be able to grab my diet smoothie? | 买杯减肥蔬果昔吗 |
[03:58] | – I was running late. – Oh, sure. | -我要迟到了 -没问题 |
[04:00] | Uh, but there’s one more thing. | 但还有件事 |
[04:01] | Carol Schweitzer’s been camped up | 卡萝尔·施魏策尔从六点半开始 |
[04:03] | in the conference room since 6:30. | 就赖在会议室不肯走了 |
[04:05] | – Says it’s urgent she speaks with you. – Okay, okay. | -她说她找您有急事 -我知道了 |
[04:08] | – Chad. – Chad, Chad Schweitzer’s… | -查德 -查德 查德·施魏策尔的 |
[04:10] | Okay, I’ll take care of it. | 好的 我来解决 |
[04:12] | – Thanks. – Good luck. | -谢了 -祝你好运 |
[04:13] | Stop it. | 少来 |
[04:14] | Do us all a favor. | 帮我们所有人一个忙 |
[04:15] | If he’s not out of there in an hour, call 911. | 他要是一小时还没出来 记得报警 |
[04:19] | And I am banging down doors | 我就在这里一直砸门 |
[04:21] | until somebody here | 直到有人 |
[04:22] | takes me seriously. All right? | 认真听我说话 懂吗 |
[04:24] | That Militzok, she plays favorites, okay? | 那个姓米利措克的 她偏心 知道吗 |
[04:27] | She wouldn’t even let him take a bathroom break | 考试的时候她甚至都不让他上厕所 |
[04:29] | during the test, and he has a hyperactive bladder. | 他有膀胱过动症 |
[04:32] | Chad, honey, tell him how you… | 查德 亲爱的 告诉他你怎么 |
[04:34] | you know what, I have a note here from his doctor, okay? | 我这里有份医生开的证明 好吧 |
[04:36] | Ms. Schweitzer, just, just calm down. | 施魏策尔夫人 请您冷静一下 |
[04:38] | – Let’s, let’s just… – No one will listen to me. | -让我们来… -没人肯听我说话 |
[04:40] | All right, I don’t know what else I’m supposed to do. | 我不知道我还能怎么办 |
[04:42] | Chad, he is just as gifted as everyone else in his year. | 查德 他和他同年级的学生一样聪明 |
[04:45] | – Absolutely. – And… | -当然 -而且 |
[04:46] | I’m scared, Dr. Tassone, | 我很害怕 塔索内博士 |
[04:48] | because if he doesn’t get into OMNI… | 因为如果他进不了实验班 |
[04:52] | and he starts to think of himself as less than… | 觉得自己不如… |
[04:54] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[04:56] | No, I will talk to Ms. Militzok. | 不 我会和米利措克老师谈的 |
[04:57] | I will straighten this whole thing out. | 我会把这事解决的 |
[04:59] | – You will? – Yes. | -你会吗 -我保证 |
[05:00] | And, and we’ll just set a make-up test for Chad. | 然后我们可以让查德补考一次 |
[05:03] | All right, with ample bathroom time. | 给他足够的时间上厕所 |
[05:05] | Thank you, Dr. Tassone. | 谢谢您 塔索内博士 |
[05:06] | I can’t tell you how much I appreciate that. | 您不知道我有多感激您 |
[05:08] | There’s no need to thank me, all right? | 没必要谢我 好吗 |
[05:09] | Chad’s a smart kid with the world ahead of him, | 查德是个聪明的孩子 有大好的人生等着他 |
[05:11] | and it’s our job to give him the runway. | 而我们的工作就是给他铺好跑道 |
[05:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[05:20] | It’s funny. | 说起来很有意思 |
[05:22] | You know, Chad, when I was your age, | 查德 我像你这么大的时候 |
[05:25] | I didn’t even place into fast track math. | 我都进不了数学高班 |
[05:27] | – Really? – No. I couldn’t nail my times tables. | -真的吗 -真的 我搞不定乘法口诀 |
[05:29] | And at the time, I thought my world was ending. | 那时候我以为我完了 |
[05:32] | But I caught up. You know what? | 但我后来赶上大家了 你猜怎么样 |
[05:37] | Now I set the math curriculum. | 现在数学课归我管 |
[05:53] | 延长寿命 征服衰老和死亡 | |
[06:15] | Can I help you with something? | 有什么我能帮你的吗 |
[06:17] | Oh, no, it’s okay. | 不用 没事 |
[06:19] | I’m just here for Mrs. Cremona. | 我来找克雷莫纳夫人 |
[06:22] | – Or Gluckin. – Ooh, she’s not here, | -或者叫格卢金夫人 -她现在不在 |
[06:24] | but I’m more than happy to answer any questions if… | 但我很乐意解答你的问题 |
[06:26] | – Really? That would… – Mm-hmm, yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[06:28] | I don’t wanna bother you if you’re busy, but… | 你要是在忙的话我不想打扰你 但是 |
[06:29] | No, come on in, bother me. | 没事 进来吧 欢迎你来打扰我 |
[06:31] | I’m doing spreadsheets. Come, come in. | 我在做电子表格 进来吧 |
[06:33] | Take a seat. | 请坐 |
[06:36] | I don’t think we’ve had a chance to meet. | 我们好像没见过 |
[06:38] | – It’s Rachel. – Rachel, right. | -我叫蕾切尔 -蕾切尔 对了 |
[06:39] | Neil’s little sister. | 你是尼尔的妹妹 |
[06:41] | Yeah. Wow, good memory. | 对 你记性真好 |
[06:44] | I hope he’s keeping out of trouble over at Northwestern. | 我希望他没在西北大学惹麻烦 |
[06:46] | Yeah, he loves it. He’s doing bio-chem. | 没 他很喜欢那里 他选了生化专业 |
[06:49] | Ah, well, they have great journalism there, too. | 那里的新闻专业也不错 |
[06:51] | Yes, they do. | 是不错 |
[06:55] | Okay, so they just, they want me to write an article | 好的 他们想让我写一篇有关 |
[06:57] | about the SkyWalk proposal in the new budget. | 新预算方案里的天桥项目的文章 |
[07:00] | And I just need a pull quote from administration. | 我只需要引述一句行政处的话就行了 |
[07:03] | Yeah, oh, okay. A sound bite, nice. | 没问题 你是要录音 好的 |
[07:09] | We’ve been asking high schoolers | 我们一直在征求高中生的意见 |
[07:11] | how we can make their day easier, | 想让他们的生活更轻松一些 |
[07:12] | so we came up with this idea, the SkyWalk. | 然后我们提出了天桥这个想法 |
[07:17] | a bridge, to link the school from end to end. | 它是一座连接学校两端的桥梁 |
[07:20] | And um, it’s a huge undertaking for us. | 这对我们来说是一项艰巨的任务 |
[07:24] | And we can’t wait to break ground | 等明年五月这个计划获批 |
[07:26] | once the plans are approved next May. | 我们会即刻动工的 |
[07:30] | Great, that’s all I need. Thank you so much. | 好极了 这就够了 太感谢了 |
[07:32] | That’s it? No, no follow-ups? | 这就够了 你不需要后续问题吗 |
[07:34] | No, it’s just a puff piece. | 不用 这就是篇拍马屁的文章 |
[07:37] | They save the real stories for seniors. | 他们把真正的报道留给高三学生写了 |
[07:39] | Rachel. | 蕾切尔 |
[07:42] | It’s only a puff piece if you let it be a puff piece. | 这不拍马屁的文章 除非你决定这么写 |
[07:48] | That’s what they’ll tell you over at Northwestern. | 西北大学也会这么告诉你的 |
[07:50] | All right? A real journalist | 好吗 一个真正的新闻工作者 |
[07:52] | can turn any assignment into a story. | 能把任何作业都写成一篇报道 |
[07:59] | Are you busy? Just a couple of colleagues want to convey thanks. | 你在忙吗 就一帮同事想向你道谢 |
[08:02] | Rachel Bhargava, staff writer for the “Hilltop Beacon.” | 蕾切尔·巴尔加瓦 《山峰灯塔》的撰稿人 |
[08:06] | This is Bob Spicer, school board president. | 这位是鲍勃·斯派塞 学校董事会主席 |
[08:08] | Oh, you’re, | 你是… |
[08:09] | You’re in my daughter, Becca’s year, right? | 你跟我女儿贝卡一个年级对吧 |
[08:11] | Say hi to your dad for me. | 替我向你爸爸问好 |
[08:13] | Nice to meet you, Rachel. | 很高兴见到你 蕾切尔 |
[08:14] | And if you want to follow up, just set a time with Mary Ann, okay? | 如果还有问题 就和玛丽·安约个时间 好吗 |
[08:18] | And, uh, I’ll be keeping an eye out for your byline. | 我等着看你的文章 |
[08:25] | The demand is insane. It’s skyrocketing. | 需求量跟疯了一样 一飞冲天 |
[08:27] | We’re seeing three bedrooms go | 罗斯林高地的三室房 |
[08:28] | for over a million in Roslyn Heights. | 要价超过一百万 |
[08:30] | Yeah, you just don’t see those kinds of numbers | 是啊 赛奥西特和杰里科 |
[08:31] | in Syosset or Jericho. | 可看不到这种房价 |
[08:33] | Right, but those towns are a further commute from the city. | 没错 但那些镇子离市里更远 |
[08:35] | Not Manhasset, not Great Neck. | 曼哈西特和大颈也不行 |
[08:37] | It’s the public schools. The better the school system, | 重点是公立学校 学校越好 |
[08:39] | the higher the price tag on the homes, period. | 房价越高 就这么简单 |
[08:41] | Our firm has sold nine separate lots in that area | 自从那本期刊上登了那篇报道 |
[08:44] | since the report in that journal came out. | 我们公司已经在那里卖出九块地了 |
[08:45] | And, uh, here’s a little something | 这是一点心意 |
[08:47] | – you know, from all of us. – Okay. | -是大家的谢礼 -好吧 |
[08:50] | Really, that’s, oh. | 天啊 这真是 |
[08:54] | – Keep up the good work. – Well, thanks, everyone. | -继续保持吧 -谢谢大家 |
[08:56] | – Dr. Tassone? – Oh, yeah. | -塔索内博士 -对了 |
[08:57] | – Do you mind if we get a little… – Yeah, yeah, yeah. | -你们介意合个影吗 -没问题 |
[08:58] | – Something for my office. – Great. | -我会放我办公室里 -好极了 |
[09:00] | – I really appreciate you… – Scoot in, scoot in, Will. | -我很感谢你们 -靠过来点 威尔 |
[09:02] | …coming in today. | 今天来看我 |
[09:04] | – Thank you. – Okay. | -谢谢你们 -好的 |
[09:06] | – Okay, thank you. – Okay. | -好的 谢谢你们 -好的 |
[09:07] | All right? Yeah, let’s let him… | 好了 让他 |
[09:08] | – Let him get back to work. – Thank you. | -让他回去工作吧 -谢谢 |
[09:09] | – No, I really appreciate it. – Yeah. | -真的很感谢你们 -好的 |
[09:11] | – Thank you so much. – Thank you. | -非常感谢 -谢谢 |
[09:13] | Okay. | 好了 |
[09:18] | I can’t eat these. Just, if you put them out | 我不能吃这些 麻烦你 |
[09:20] | for everybody to pick at, that’d be great. | 把它们放外面让大家随便拿吧 |
[09:23] | They were out of the flax seed. | 他们没有亚麻籽了 |
[09:27] | That’s okay, that’s okay. Thanks. | 没关系 谢了 |
[09:33] | How much do you figure a guy like Bob makes at his regular job? | 你觉得鲍勃那个职位大概能挣多少 |
[09:36] | Bob Spicer, you mean? | 你是说鲍勃·斯派塞吗 |
[09:40] | High sixes a year, minimum. | 一年至少几十万 |
[09:42] | Maybe seven figures in this market. | 甚至可能超过百万 |
[09:44] | – Why? – Oh, forget it. | -怎么了 -当我没问 |
[09:50] | You look tired. | 你看上去很累 |
[09:53] | You might wanna go home early, get some rest. | 也许你可以早点回家 休息一下 |
[09:54] | I gotta run Dickens. | 我还得去聊狄更斯 |
[09:56] | Maybe I’ll try and bow out and | 也许我可以试试退出 |
[09:58] | get a headstart and early prep for Vegas this weekend. | 提早为这周末的维加斯之旅做好准备 |
[10:00] | – I wouldn’t bail on book club. – Why? | -最好不要翘读书俱乐部 -为什么 |
[10:01] | Those women adore you, | 那些女人喜欢你 |
[10:02] | and each one talks to two dozen more. | 而她们每人都有二十来个闺蜜 |
[10:05] | The next budget vote’s only nine months away. | 距离下一次预算投票也就九个月了 |
[10:07] | – Right, our SkyWalk. – Yeah, the SkyWalk is big. | -对 我们的天桥 -是啊 这是个大项目 |
[10:09] | Gets us to first. That’s all that matters. | 能让我们排第一 这才是重点 |
[10:15] | This new diet is kicking my ass. | 这个新的减肥食谱真够我受的 |
[10:18] | What is that, even? | 这到底是什么 |
[10:20] | It’s got charcoal in it or something like that. | 估计是木炭之类的东西 |
[10:21] | Yeah, coal. | 炭 是吧 |
[10:23] | I would kill somebody for a carb right now. | 现在要是能来点碳水让我杀人都行 |
[10:26] | I don’t know where you could find one. | 真不知道该上哪去找啊 |
[10:28] | You are such a bitch. | 你真是贱死了 |
[10:31] | Oh, would you like a bite? | 怎么 你想来一口吗 |
[10:33] | – I hate pastrami on rye. – You want a bite? | -我讨厌熏牛肉配黑麦面包 -想咬一口吗 |
[10:35] | Yeah, I know you hate it. | 我知道你不喜欢 |
[10:36] | Open up. | 张嘴 |
[10:38] | – Fucking so good. – Right? | -太他妈的好吃了 -是吧 |
[10:40] | Come on, you can eat more. | 再来一口嘛 |
[10:42] | You got… come on, one more bite. | 别这样 再吃一口 |
[10:44] | – I will kill you. – I won’t tell anyone. | -我要杀了你 -我不会告诉别人的 |
[10:45] | I’m not gonna tell anyone. | 我谁都不会说的 |
[10:48] | You’re a growing boy. | 你还在长身体 |
[10:49] | Come on. Eat the fuckin’ sandwich. | 快吃吧 别废话了 |
[11:06] | Let’s get started. | 我们开始吧 |
[11:08] | Should we get started, everyone? | 我们可以开始了吗 大家 |
[11:10] | What do we all think of “Martin Chuzzlewit”? | 聊聊我们对《马丁·翟述伟》的看法吧 |
[11:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:21] | You know, Frank, the culture is not for everyone. | 弗兰克 不是所有人都对文化感兴趣 |
[11:24] | Eh, I thought we wound up having a | 我觉得我们最终还是 |
[11:26] | really good discussion, ultimately. | 进行了一场不错的讨论 |
[11:35] | Frank, can I ask you a personal question? | 弗兰克 我可以问你一个私人的问题吗 |
[11:38] | Sure. | 可以 |
[11:40] | It’s just that… | 就是 |
[11:42] | Jonah’s… | 乔纳他 |
[11:43] | you know, having a really hard time with the separation. | 非常接受不了分居的事 |
[11:46] | Yeah. You know, Ms. Schlacter, | 是啊 你知道施拉克特老师 |
[11:49] | uh, told me that he’s opened up a little bit in Banana Splits? | 告诉我他开始对《香蕉船》感兴趣了 |
[11:53] | Right, yeah, oh, my God. Yeah. | 没错 是的 我的天呐 |
[11:55] | – Thank you for getting him in. – No, of course. | -谢谢你的指引 -这是我应该做的 |
[11:59] | It has been so hard on us, and… | 这一切对我们来说太难了 而且 |
[12:02] | You have been… | 你真的是 |
[12:04] | such a tremendous help. | 帮了我们的大忙 |
[12:06] | Oh, Sharon, of course. Anytime, anytime. | 莎伦 别这么说 我很乐意帮忙 随时都可以 |
[12:10] | Yeah, and… | 是啊 我… |
[12:18] | – Frank, I’m sorry. – No, no, no, no, no. | -弗兰克 抱歉 -没关系 没关系 |
[12:20] | You want what’s best for your son. | 你想给你的儿子最好的安排 |
[12:21] | That’s nothing to be ashamed of. | 这没有什么好羞耻的 |
[12:23] | Uh, no, it makes you strong. It’s, um… | 相反 它会让你更坚强 只是 |
[12:27] | I… | 我 |
[12:28] | you know, I think at the end of the day, | 我觉得 到头来 |
[12:30] | her memory is still very fresh. | 她给我留下的回忆还是如此鲜活 |
[12:45] | Somehow, I’m not surprised. | 看见你我怎么就一点都不吃惊呢 |
[12:47] | Jenny screwed up some paperwork earlier. | 杰妮之前弄错了几份文件 |
[12:50] | I’m saving her ass. | 我在给她善后 |
[12:51] | Jenny’s got a good aunt. | 杰妮有个好姑妈 |
[12:53] | How did Dickens go? | 狄更斯聊得怎么样了 |
[12:56] | Well, it was Sharon Katz’s place this week. | 这周去的是莎伦·凯茨家 |
[13:00] | And… | 那个 |
[13:05] | – I knew it. – I, I think maybe | -我就知道 -我想我可能 |
[13:07] | I shouldn’t have offered to wash up. | 不该主动提出帮她洗碗 |
[13:09] | That poor woman. | 可怜的女人 |
[13:11] | She’s nowhere near your type. | 她完全不是你的菜 |
[13:13] | She’s not, she’s not. | 确实 完全不是 |
[13:17] | – Jamieson. – Uh, Honors English. | -詹米森 -学术英语 |
[13:19] | – Loves Nietzsche. – Very good. | -喜欢尼采 -很好 |
[13:21] | Uh, DiGennaro? | 迪詹纳罗呢 |
[13:23] | Oh, DiGennaro. | 迪詹纳罗 |
[13:26] | Social studies, | 社会研究 |
[13:28] | ninth grade global hist… | 九年级世界历… |
[13:30] | American history. | 美国历史 |
[13:33] | Coaches Little League, too. | 在少年棒球联盟当教练 |
[13:35] | Yes. | 没错 |
[13:36] | Well, these are too easy. Oh, here’s a toughie. | 这些都太简单了 难的来了 |
[13:41] | Todhunter. | 托德亨特 |
[13:42] | Oh, shit. | 妈的 |
[13:46] | Todhunter, Todhunter… | 托德亨特 托德亨特 |
[13:52] | Mr. Todhunter. | 托德亨特老师 |
[13:54] | How’s that bowling league shaping up this season? | 这个赛季的保龄球联赛进展如何 |
[13:57] | We’re ahead. | 我们处在领先位置 |
[13:58] | But we’ve got our big match against Jericho on Sunday. | 但我们周日有一场和耶利哥高中的大赛 |
[14:01] | Jericho, mm. I think you’ll crush them. | 耶利哥啊 你肯定能杀他们片甲不留 |
[14:04] | Thank you for putting this on. | 谢谢你举办这场聚会 |
[14:04] | 欢迎老师们 感谢你们做的一切 | |
[14:05] | – This is so nice. – Oh, of course. My pleasure. | -太贴心了 -没什么 我的荣幸 |
[14:06] | – Oh, Frank! – The least I could do. | -弗兰克 -我也只能做到这些 |
[14:07] | – Yeah, excuse me. – Hey, Frank. | -失陪一下 -弗兰克 |
[14:11] | So, um… | 所以 |
[14:12] | hey, are you getting pumped for Vegas? | 要去拉斯维加斯了你激动吗 |
[14:13] | ‘Cause, uh, I got my bags packed. | 反正我是已经打包好了 |
[14:15] | I’m ready to go. | 我已经准备好出发了 |
[14:16] | Yeah. It’ll be good to get away from the wife | 是啊 离开老婆几天 |
[14:17] | for a few days too, huh? | 还是很不错的 |
[14:19] | – Right? – Right. | -是吧 -是啊 |
[14:21] | A few days, yeah. | 离开个几天 |
[14:24] | You want to know how many bids we got from contractors? | 你想知道承包商给的报价是多少 |
[14:27] | For the SkyWalk construction, | 关于天桥建设 |
[14:28] | you explored several options, right? | 你们有过几种不同的方案 是吗 |
[14:31] | – I think we had four or five. – Okay. | -我们有过四五套方案 -好吧 |
[14:35] | From which firms, exactly? | 具体是哪些公司呢 |
[14:36] | Hang-hang on a sec. | 等 等一下 |
[14:37] | What’s this article you’re supposed to be writing? | 你要写的是个什么文章 |
[14:40] | Oh, it’s a piece on the SkyWalk. | 是关于天桥的报道 |
[14:44] | And the student paper wanted a deep dive | 校园报想要深入地了解 |
[14:45] | into construction specs? | 建筑细节吗 |
[14:47] | They’re giving me free reign, more or less. | 他们让我自由发挥 某种程度上 |
[14:50] | I guess I’m just looking for an interesting way in. | 我只是想找个有趣的切入点 |
[14:52] | – Oh, okay, Ruth. – Rachel. | -好吧 露丝 -蕾切尔 |
[14:54] | Rachel, so let me give you a great angle for your story. | 蕾切尔 那就让我来给你的故事找个角度 |
[14:57] | – Okay. You wanna write this down or are you… – I’m taping. | -你想写下来还是 -我在录音呢 |
[15:03] | Okay. | 那好 |
[15:05] | The SkyWalk is a great project. | 天桥是一个伟大的项目 |
[15:07] | It’ll be the first SkyWalk on all of Long Island, | 它将会成为整个长岛唯一的一座天桥 |
[15:10] | and yet one more reason Roslyn schools | 也是罗斯林又一个 |
[15:12] | put Jericho and Syosset to shame. | 碾压耶利哥和西奥赛特的理由 |
[15:14] | And it’ll look great and make all our lives easier. | 而且它看起来很漂亮 也会让我们的生活更轻松 |
[15:17] | Thank you, the end. Good night and good luck. | 谢谢 结束 祝晚安好运 |
[15:20] | What else can I help you with? | 还有什么能帮你的吗 |
[15:24] | Do you have the bids handy? | 你手边有报价的资料吗 |
[15:26] | Or are they not on you? | 还是说不在你手边 |
[15:27] | No, they’re not on me. They’re locked in the basement, | 当然不在我手边 都锁在地下室 |
[15:29] | lost in the annals of history. | 压在一堆年鉴里 |
[15:31] | Well, I have next period free. | 我下节没课 |
[15:36] | Do you? | 是吗 |
[15:40] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:44] | Good luck finding ’em. | 祝你能找到 |
[16:14] | Do you need somethin’? | 你有什么事吗 |
[16:16] | Just a couple of photocopies. | 复印点东西 |
[16:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:22] | – So you’re a sophomore? – Junior. | -你今年高二吗 -高一 |
[16:24] | My son Jake is actually in the second grade over at Bellmore. | 我儿子杰克在贝尔莫尔读高二 |
[16:28] | You know, not too far from here. | 离这里不太远 |
[16:31] | South Shore, you know. | 在南海岸 |
[16:45] | It’s an old building. We get leaks every so often. | 这栋楼太老了 经常漏水 |
[16:54] | It usually stops after, like, a minute. | 通常稍等一会就不漏了 |
[17:12] | We need a hard eight here. We need boxcars. | 我们需要赌王 掷个十二点 |
[17:14] | We need boxcars, Lenny, we need boxcars. | 我们需要十二点 莱尼 十二点 |
[17:20] | I know what you’re all thinking. | 我知道你们在想什么 |
[17:21] | At first glance, these numbers might seem prohibitive | 乍一看 这些数字可能让人望而却步 |
[17:24] | but I’m here to tell you that with some vision, | 但我在这里想带着远见跟你们讲 |
[17:27] | they can dovetail quite amicably. | 它们可以和谐共存 |
[17:30] | As we can see, the added benefits | 我们可以看到 这个项目 |
[17:32] | to such a program are remunerative. | 带来的益处数不胜数 |
[17:35] | I’d love for you to see what we’re doing out there | 我很想让你看看我们在那里做的事情 |
[17:36] | – if you’re ever on Long Island. – Yeah, I think, | -如果你们什么时候来长岛 -我想 |
[17:37] | I think we’re on the East Coast in November, December. | 我想我们十一月十二月会去东海岸 |
[17:40] | – So I’ll… – Well, we’re there. | -所以我 -我们也会在 |
[17:41] | Good, good, good, good. Okay. | 很好 太好了 |
[17:43] | And listen, stop by and have a drink before you leave. | 走之前过来喝一杯 |
[17:44] | – All right? – That was terrific. | -好吗 -那太好了 |
[17:46] | – Thank you. – Take care. | -谢谢 -保重 |
[17:53] | Great. | 很好 |
[17:56] | All right. | 好吧 |
[17:58] | What can I get ya? | 来点什么 |
[18:00] | Just a club soda with lime. | 一杯苏打水加青柠 |
[18:02] | And can I see your food menu, please? | 麻烦菜单给我看一下 |
[18:16] | And… | 还有 |
[18:21] | Kyle. | 凯尔 |
[18:24] | Kyle Contreras. | 凯尔·康特拉斯 |
[18:28] | Plandome High maybe 15 years ago, right? | 十五年前上普兰多姆高中 是吗 |
[18:33] | Yeah, I used to teach English there. | 我以前在那儿教英语 |
[18:35] | Dr. Tassone. | 塔索内博士 |
[18:37] | Frank. | 叫我弗兰克吧 |
[18:39] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[18:42] | I would think that you would forget | 我以为我们前脚踏出校门 |
[18:44] | about us the minute we got out of there. | 你后脚就会把我们忘得一干二净 |
[18:46] | No, you’d be surprised. | 那你可就大错特错了 |
[18:48] | I mean, some things I wish I could forget. | 有时候我倒希望可以忘掉 |
[18:50] | Yeah. You know somethin’ I wish I could forget? | 你知道我希望忘记哪件事吗 |
[18:51] | Would be Lippman’s hair piece. | 利普曼的假发 |
[18:53] | Do you remember that thing that… | 你还记得那个 |
[18:55] | That… with the… | 那玩意… |
[18:58] | Oh, my God, Lippman’s hair piece, Christ. | 天呐 利普曼的假发 |
[19:01] | So, what do you, what do you… | 那你现在都做什么 |
[19:04] | are you teaching English at the new place? | 在新学校教英语吗 |
[19:05] | No, I’m, I’m administrative now. | 不 我现在做行政了 |
[19:08] | Like a principal? | 类似校长吗 |
[19:09] | No, like superintendent of schools. | 类似学校的主管 |
[19:12] | Look at that. You love saying that. | 看看你 你就喜欢这么说话 |
[19:14] | You love that. Superintendent of schools. | 你就喜欢这样 学校的主管 |
[19:17] | – With the head, too. – I’ve done it for 12 years. | -还摇头晃脑的 -我已经做了十二年了 |
[19:19] | I mean, look, it’s great. | 是很不错的 |
[19:20] | It does have its trade-offs, like anything. | 当然跟其它事情一样 也会有利弊 |
[19:23] | I really miss being back in the classroom sometimes | 有时候我真的很想念讲课 |
[19:25] | with my students, you know. | 跟学生们一起 |
[19:27] | How about you? You, um, you still writing? | 你怎么样了 还在写作吗 |
[19:30] | Short stories, science fiction, right? | 短篇 科幻小说 是吧 |
[19:32] | I remember you used to carry around | 我记得你以前到哪都带着 |
[19:34] | that beat-up copy of “Dune” everywhere. | 那本破破烂烂的《沙丘》 |
[19:35] | Yeah, I mostly just wrote that stuff | 是啊 我写那东西主要是为了 |
[19:38] | to get out of your book reports. | 应付你的读书报告 |
[19:40] | No, come on, come on. There was that really good one | 别这么说 有一篇写的非常好的 |
[19:41] | about the, um, about the alien colony. | 那个关于外星殖民地的 |
[19:44] | I talked about it in your rec for Stony Brook, right? | 我在给你写的石溪大学推荐信里也提过 对吧 |
[19:47] | Yeah, yeah, for Stony Brook. | 是啊 石溪大学 |
[19:53] | Sorry, I, um… | 抱歉 我 |
[19:54] | I burnt out at Stony Brook. | 我没考上石溪大学 |
[19:57] | After a few years, I… | 几年以后 我 |
[20:00] | moved out here. | 搬到了这里 |
[20:04] | I was dancing up until very recently. | 直到最近我一直在跳舞 |
[20:08] | Dancing? | 跳舞 |
[20:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:21] | So does your wife come with you on these things, or… | 那你妻子陪你一起出差吗 还是 |
[20:26] | Is she back in New York? | 她留在纽约了 |
[20:27] | No, no, no, my wife passed away. | 没有没有 我妻子过世了 |
[20:35] | – I’m sorry. – No, no, it’s… | -很抱歉 -没事 |
[20:37] | it’s fine. It was a long time ago. | 没关系 都是很久以前的事情了 |
[20:40] | It was before I had you, even. | 甚至要在我认识你以前了 |
[20:48] | How’s the food? | 吃的怎么样 |
[20:50] | Shit. | 难吃 |
[21:02] | You wanna try somewhere else? | 想去别的地方吗 |
[21:17] | I thought you were here for two days. | 我以为你只待两天 |
[21:20] | Uh, just for the weekend, yeah. | 就一个周末 对 |
[21:22] | A lot of suits for a weekend. | 一个周末需要这么多西装 |
[21:25] | Well, you never know what might come up these… | 谁也猜不到会有什么活动… |
[21:27] | Right. | 好吧 |
[21:29] | That was always your thing, wasn’t it? | 你总是这样 对吧 |
[21:31] | Even when you were an English teacher, | 你做英语老师的时候 |
[21:33] | you were always the guy in the suits. | 也总是西装革履 |
[21:36] | What’s wrong with a suit? | 西装怎么了 |
[21:38] | I don’t know, it’s just… | 说不清 就是… |
[21:41] | it’s a little sad. | 有点悲哀 |
[21:43] | Just a little sad. | 就是有点悲哀 |
[21:47] | I think they put some bottles in the, uh… | 冰箱里好像… |
[21:50] | in the bar fridge, I’m not sure why. | 有几瓶酒 我也不清楚原因 |
[21:51] | You’re allowed to make eye contact, Frank. | 你现在可以看我的眼睛了 弗兰克 |
[22:17] | No, I’m not. | 不行 |
[22:20] | Right. | 好吧 |
[23:20] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[23:24] | I got dinner. | 我带晚餐回来了 |
[23:37] | Anything happen today? | 今天有什么趣事吗 |
[23:41] | I spoke to the assistant superintendent. | 我和副主管谈了 |
[23:45] | For an article. | 为了写文章 |
[23:46] | The woman who runs all the business. | 那位女士是管事的 |
[23:51] | Wonder if they’re looking to hire anybody in development. | 不知道他们想不想雇一位管培员工 |
[23:54] | You’re overqualified. | 你资历过高了 |
[24:24] | 罗斯福影像 佛坦欧福乡间老路 罗莎·贝尔莫墨西哥餐厅 莱斯利泳池用品店 | |
[24:28] | Late night, Ms. Gluckin? | 加班到这么晚啊 格卢金女士 |
[24:30] | Jesus, Eddie, you scared the shit out of me. | 我的天 艾迪 你吓死我了 |
[24:32] | Got any fun plans for the weekend? | 周末有什么好玩的安排吗 |
[24:34] | Yeah, no, all I want is to spend some quiet time | 没有 我只想回家安静地 |
[24:36] | at home with my kids. | 陪我的孩子 |
[24:38] | – You know. – All right. | -你明白的 -好吧 |
[24:39] | Have a good time. | 祝你愉快 |
[24:40] | – See you next week. – Yeah, good night, Eddie. | -下周见 -好 晚安 艾迪 |
[24:42] | – Sorry about scare… – That’s all right. | -抱歉 吓到你了 -没关系 |
[24:54] | He’s… | 他… |
[24:56] | Okay, first of all, they’re too small. | 好吧 首先 他们太小了 |
[24:59] | Oh, girls, have you met my niece, Jenny Aquila? | 姐妹们 你们认识我的侄女杰妮·阿奎拉吗 |
[25:01] | She’s working with me over at Roslyn, district clerk. | 她和我一起在罗斯林工作 是行政职员 |
[25:04] | Isn’t this place beautiful? | 这地方可真美啊 |
[25:05] | – I mean… – So gorgeous. | -我觉得… -太美了 |
[25:08] | Howard must be making out like a bandit with those Chevys. | 那几辆雪佛兰 霍华德肯定赚了不少吧 |
[25:11] | He’s been consulting a little on the side. | 他最近在兼职做咨询 |
[25:13] | I’m proud of him. | 我为他骄傲 |
[25:16] | We’re planning a big remodel once the season’s through, actually. | 其实我们打算等到这学期结束就重新装修 |
[25:20] | Who’s your contractor? | 你找了哪位承包商 |
[25:22] | – Ma, help! – Jim Boy’s gonna do it. | -妈 救命 -我儿子吉姆 |
[25:24] | Big goose down. I can’t… Ah! | 大鹅被击垮了 我不能… |
[25:26] | Are you sure Jimmy’s ready to take on a project this size? | 你确定吉米准备好接这么大的工程了吗 |
[25:30] | Yeah, it’ll be good for him. | 确定 对他也好 |
[25:32] | Get his mind going on somethin’ new. | 让他专心于新事物 |
[25:34] | – Aunt Pam. – Yeah? | -帕姆姑妈 -什么事 |
[25:36] | Uh, can I talk to you inside just for a sec? | 我可以和你进去聊几句吗 |
[25:37] | Sure. | 好的 |
[25:39] | All right, Jen. What’s going on? | 好了 杰妮 什么事 |
[25:42] | Honestly… | 说实话 |
[25:45] | I feel bad even bringing it up, but, um… | 提到这件事就很不好意思了 但是… |
[25:48] | Jake’s birthday is comin’ up. | 杰克的生日要到了 |
[25:50] | And he’s been asking for the Sony PlayStation. | 他一直想要索尼游戏机 |
[25:54] | – Video game system. – Yeah. | -电子游戏机 -是 |
[25:55] | And how all his friends have it and how he feels left out. | 他总说朋友都有了 自己落后了 |
[26:00] | You know, um, | 你也知道 |
[26:01] | money’s been tight, and I was just thinking since | 我手头有点紧 我一直在想既然 |
[26:04] | Howard’s been doin’ so well and all… | 霍华德最近收入这么好… |
[26:20] | I’d pay you back as soon as I’m able. | 我有钱了马上就还给你 |
[26:24] | Just put it on the card. | 直接用卡吧 |
[26:28] | Amber, sweetie, do you mind | 安柏 亲爱的 可以让我 |
[26:31] | giving your cousin Jenny and me a minute? | 和你杰妮表姐单独待一会吗 |
[26:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:38] | But I was wondering if maybe you could just lend me | 但我想或许你可以通过私人渠道 |
[26:40] | the money from your personal… | 把钱借给我… |
[26:41] | Don’t worry about it. It’ll all be reconciled | 不用担心 到了月底 |
[26:43] | at the end of the month. | 全都会做平 |
[26:44] | I’ve been doing this a long time. | 我这样做很久了 |
[26:47] | It’s, it’s just, | 只是 只是… |
[26:48] | he wants that PlayStation so much, you know? | 他很想要那台游戏机 |
[26:50] | Just put the receipt on my desk first thing Monday morning | 周一一早先把收据放到我桌上 |
[26:52] | and don’t give it another thought. | 不用多想 |
[26:54] | Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to play host. | 我先失陪了 要去招待客人 |
[27:06] | I don’t get this. What is this? | 我没明白 这是什么 |
[27:08] | It’s the SkyWalk piece you wanted. | 是你要的天桥报道 |
[27:11] | No, this is two pages of contractor bids, | 不 这是两页的承包商投标 |
[27:14] | building materials, and zoning ordinances | 建筑材料和区划条例 |
[27:16] | in brutal detail. | 非常详细 |
[27:18] | Yeah, it’s journalism. | 对 这就是新闻报道 |
[27:19] | Our readers are 15. | 我们的读者才十五岁 |
[27:21] | You realize we have to submit every issue to Bressler | 你知道每期报纸我们都得在印刷前 |
[27:24] | before we go to print. | 让布雷斯勒过目吧 |
[27:26] | And Dr. Tassone, and Pam Cremona. | 还有塔索内博士和帕姆·克雷莫纳 |
[27:28] | Pam Gluckin. It’s Gluckin now. | 帕姆·格卢金 她现在姓格卢金了 |
[27:30] | Look, we’re not the “New York Times,” right? | 听我说 我们不是《纽约时报》 好吧 |
[27:33] | We’re an extracurricular. We are a club | 我们是个课外小组 是个 |
[27:36] | designed to get us all into good colleges. | 为了上好的大学而创办的社团 |
[27:38] | We have a certain finesse to the way we approach stories here. | 我们这里做报道有特定的方法 |
[27:41] | A je ne sais quoi, if you will. | 要我说的话 也难以描述 |
[27:43] | But don’t worry, though. You’re gonna get the hang of it. | 但不用担心 你会掌握的 |
[29:12] | 罗斯林公立学校 詹姆斯·D·麦卡登 | |
[29:19] | Sir. | 先生 |
[29:21] | Could I ask, uh, | 可以问一下吗 |
[29:23] | how many of our stores have you visited today? | 你今天去了几家我们的店 |
[29:27] | A couple. | 好几家吧 |
[29:28] | The ones in Farmingdale and Islip | 法明代尔和伊斯利普的那几家 |
[29:30] | didn’t have what I was looking for. | 没有我要的东西 |
[29:31] | I mean, you know, we actually offer | 我们其实为高级顾客 |
[29:33] | free ship-to service for our high-value customers. | 提供免费的送货服务 |
[29:40] | You think I’m high-value? | 你觉得我是高级顾客 |
[29:42] | I mean, reasonably, yeah. | 当然是了 |
[29:47] | So where’s this stuff going? | 所以要把这些东西送到哪去 |
[29:52] | – Shit. – Yeah, no, no. | -该死 -好 不 不 |
[29:53] | – I’ll get him. No, he’s right here. – Motherfucking shit. | -我和他说吧 不 他在这里 -该死的 |
[29:54] | No, he’s… no worries. | 不 他…不用担心 |
[29:56] | Honey, come on, you know how they feel | 亲爱的 拜托 你知道我打球的时候 |
[29:57] | – about the phones on the course. – It’s Larry, for you. | -讨厌接电话 -是拉里找你 |
[29:59] | – My cousin. – Larry, for me? | -我表弟 -拉里 找我 |
[30:01] | What? | 什么 |
[30:02] | Okay, just tell him I’ll call him after 18. | 好吧 告诉他我打完18杆就打给他 |
[30:05] | He says it’s about the school. | 他说是学校的事 |
[30:07] | Larry from… the mattress firm? | 拉里…床垫公司的那位 |
[30:10] | No, he’s over at Ace Hardware now. | 不 他现在在一流五金上班 |
[30:12] | So this kid, he gives my guy a home address. | 这个孩子给了我的员工一个家庭住址 |
[30:15] | In Westhampton. | 在西汉普敦 |
[30:17] | Full 50 miles outside of Roslyn. | 离罗斯林整整八十公里 |
[30:20] | And it’s a home address. | 还是个家庭住址 |
[30:23] | You know? So I say to myself, I say, | 所以我对自己说 |
[30:25] | “What’s a Roslyn school’s contractor | “罗斯林学校的承包商 |
[30:27] | “doing buying supplies | 为什么会跑到塞尔登 |
[30:28] | “all the way out in Selden for, anyway?” | 这么远的地方来买东西” |
[30:29] | No, we wouldn’t, we wouldn’t. | 不 我们不会的 我们不会的 |
[30:30] | We get our materials wholesale, anyway. | 我们的物料都是批发购买的 |
[30:32] | We, we put out bids. | 我们…我们会招标 |
[30:34] | Tool chest, shower heads. That’s home improvement. | 工具箱 淋浴头 这都是家装用的东西 |
[30:38] | – That’s not school stuff. – That’s right, right. | -不是学校用的东西 -没错 没错 |
[30:39] | – It doesn’t add up, Bob. – Who is this James McCarden | -说不通 鲍勃 -这位詹姆斯·麦卡登是谁 |
[30:41] | and why does he have a Roslyn expense card? | 他为什么会有罗斯林的公费卡 |
[30:42] | I don’t know. I don’t even know a McCarden. | 不知道 我都不认识姓麦卡登的 |
[30:44] | There is no McCarden at Roslyn. | 罗斯林就没有姓麦卡登的 |
[30:46] | Oh, hang on, honey, wasn’t Pam Cremona | 稍等 亲爱的 帕姆·克雷莫纳 |
[30:48] | or Gluckin or whatever she is, | 或者帕姆·格卢金 谁知道她姓什么 |
[30:50] | wasn’t her first husband a McCarden? | 她第一任丈夫是不是姓麦卡登 |
[30:53] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[30:54] | No way. Pam Gluckin, of all people? | 不可能 怎么可能是帕姆·格卢金 |
[30:56] | She’s gonna have a house on Dune Road? | 她要在杜恩路建一所房子 |
[31:11] | – What should we say? – No, there’s nothing to say. | -我们该怎么说 -不 什么都不用说 |
[31:13] | – The receipts say everything. – Yeah, okay. | -收据就证明了一切 -好吧 |
[31:15] | – But we need to… – Okay, she’s right behind you. | -但我们需要… -好了 她就在你身后 |
[31:20] | Hi, Pam. | 你好 帕姆 |
[31:22] | And, uh, I want to thank you all | 我想感谢你们大家 |
[31:24] | for volunteering time out of your day | 主动抽出自己的时间 |
[31:26] | to speak with me. I would just | 来和我交流 我很想 |
[31:28] | love to hear from each of you what you hope | 听你们每个人说说希望在六年级 |
[31:29] | to achieve in the sixth grade. | 达到什么目标 |
[31:31] | Yeah, let’s start with you, Heather. | 好 从你开始吧 海瑟 |
[31:33] | I wanna get all A’s and become | 我想拿到全A的成绩 |
[31:35] | a cardiothoracic surgeon like my mom. | 像我妈妈一样成为一位心胸外科医生 |
[31:40] | Great, uh, | 很好 |
[31:42] | but just for the purposes of today… | 但是为了完成今天的任务 |
[31:44] | if you could just… | 你能不能… |
[31:46] | – Come. – What? | -快来 -什么 |
[31:48] | Quick. | 快点 |
[31:53] | One second. Okay, I’ll be back. | 稍等 我马上回来 |
[32:26] | We’re vulnerable here. | 我们可能会被抓 |
[32:27] | She stole $30,000 in taxpayer money | 她盗用了纳税人的三万美元 |
[32:30] | and that’s just between the Ace Hardware. | 这还只是付给一流五金的 |
[32:31] | Who knows who else got an expense card? | 天知道还有谁有公费卡 |
[32:33] | I’m telling you, it’s our moral responsibility | 我和你说 我们在道德上有责任 |
[32:35] | to report this to the town. We have to. | 向镇里举报这件事 必须的 |
[32:37] | No, this is a criminal matter. | 不 这是犯罪了 |
[32:38] | We’ve got to call the police, the FBI. | 我们得报警 找联调局 |
[32:39] | Okay, that was our legal counsel. | 好的 我们的法律顾问说 |
[32:42] | They do recommend we report. | 他们建议我们上报 |
[32:43] | Great, okay, well then, that settles it. | 很好 那就这么定了 |
[32:46] | I’m gonna call the mayor. | 我要打给市长 |
[32:48] | Frank, you wanna be on that call? | 弗兰克 你要一起来打电话吗 |
[32:54] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[32:55] | Go get him, get him a glass of water. | 快来人 给他倒杯水 |
[32:56] | I should have caught this. I should have checked. | 我应该发现这件事的 我应该检查的 |
[32:58] | Pam’s been here longer than I have. | 帕姆在这比我的资历还深 |
[32:59] | I didn’t even think. | 我都没想过 |
[33:01] | No, no, no, no, Frank. It’s… it’s not your fault. | 不 不 不 弗兰克 这…这不是你的错 |
[33:04] | She built up a decade’s worth of trust with all of us. | 她花了十年在我们所有人心中都建立了信任 |
[33:08] | We were asleep at the wheel. | 我们都被蒙蔽了 |
[33:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:15] | But before we go any further, we need to, | 但在我们进一步行动之前 需要… |
[33:17] | we need to know what we’re dealing with. | 需要了解目前的情况 |
[33:18] | I have Phil in my office getting a firm number. | 菲尔在我办公室 正在计算确切的数字 |
[33:20] | Phil, our auditor? | 菲尔 我们的审计员 |
[33:22] | The man should be fired. | 这个人应该被解雇 |
[33:23] | He’s the one person who should have caught wind of this. | 他是唯一一位应该有所察觉的人 |
[33:26] | – Prick. – Okay. | -蠢货 -好吧 |
[33:27] | We can’t jump the gun here. | 我们不能操之过急 |
[33:28] | Not when there’s this much at stake, all right? | 尤其是在这么危急的情况下 好吧 |
[33:33] | – Can we… – Okay. | -我们能… -好吧 |
[33:34] | We’ll give him an hour. | 我们给他一小时时间 |
[33:36] | – That’s… But then, after that… – Right. | -但在这之后… -好的 |
[33:39] | – we start making calls. – Right. | -我们就得上报了 -好的 |
[33:42] | How could Jim Boy be so careless, | 吉姆小子做事怎么能 |
[33:44] | going around like that? | 这么不小心 |
[33:47] | I’m pulling him off the remodel, that’s for sure. | 装修肯定不能让他干了 |
[33:49] | Just gonna have to hire on a real contractor. | 这下得去找个正经包工头了 |
[33:52] | – A professional. – Yeah, Pam? | -专业人士 -嗯 帕姆 |
[33:54] | No, no, no. Frank’s gonna fix this. | 不不不 弗兰克能摆平这事 |
[33:56] | He knows how important I am to this school. | 他知道我对学校来说有多重要 |
[33:58] | I’m the one who keeps the lights on here, you know? | 是我在维持这里的运转 明白吗 |
[34:00] | – He’ll tell ’em. – Do you think anybody | -他会告诉他们的 -你觉得会有人 |
[34:02] | could ever find out about the PlayStation? | 发现那台索尼游戏机的事吗 |
[34:05] | No, I told you I took care of that. | 不会 我跟你说过我做平了 |
[34:07] | You have nothing to worry about there. | 你完全不用担心 |
[34:10] | That’s good. | 那就好 |
[34:13] | It’s just, um… | 因为… |
[34:15] | I, uh… | 我… |
[34:17] | I might have also done a little early Christmas shopping | 我周末可能还提前买了些 |
[34:20] | over the weekend, too. | 圣诞礼物 |
[34:22] | See, I wasn’t gonna mention until after the holiday | 我本来想等过完节再告诉你的 |
[34:24] | because I bought you something, | 因为我给你买了礼物 |
[34:26] | and I didn’t, I didn’t wanna spoil it. | 我不想毁了惊喜 |
[34:28] | I swear, I swear, I was gonna reimburse it all. | 我发誓 我发誓 我打算把钱还上的 |
[34:31] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[34:33] | Not much, you know. Just like, um… | 不多 那个… |
[34:35] | maybe… | 大概… |
[34:37] | $1,600 at Lord & Taylor and… | 在罗德与泰勒百货花了1600 |
[34:40] | another 12 at Macy’s. | 在梅西百货花了1200 |
[34:50] | Frank’s gonna fix this. | 弗兰克能摆平这事 |
[34:54] | Give me good news, Phil. | 跟我汇报 菲尔 |
[34:56] | There’s no way. There’s, there’s no way. | 这不可能 绝对不可能 |
[34:58] | There’s check warrants that are missing. | 有支票不见了 |
[34:59] | Purchase orders. I took her word for it. | 购买记录 我相信了她的话 |
[35:02] | She would tell me one thing, she’d say don’t worry about it, | 她每次都有说法 让我不用担心 |
[35:04] | and I believed her like the fucking idiot schmuck I am. | 我就像个蠢货一样信了她鬼话 |
[35:09] | Oh, I never even think to check up, to validate. | 我从没想过要检查核实 |
[35:12] | I’m gonna lose my job. I’m gonna lose our firm. | 我要丢工作了 我们的事务所完蛋了 |
[35:15] | – We’re dead, they’ll kill us. – Hey, hey, no, no, no… | -我们死定了 他们会杀了我们 -等等 等等 |
[35:17] | Nobody’s killing anybody. Phil, look me in the eye. | 没人要杀人 菲尔 看着我的眼睛 |
[35:19] | Look me in the eye. | 看着我的眼睛 |
[35:24] | You’re running the show here. Say it after me. | 这里你说了算 跟我重复 |
[35:26] | “I am running the show.” | “这里我说了算” |
[35:31] | – I am running the show. – Good. | -这里我说了算 -很好 |
[35:34] | Pull it together. | 振作点 |
[35:35] | How much did you find concretely? | 你具体发现少了多少钱 |
[35:42] | Two hundred twenty-three. | 二十二万零三千 |
[35:44] | Concretely, but that’s just the obvious stuff. | 具体金额 但这只是最明显的部分 |
[35:46] | – Who knows what else is buried… – $223,000. | -谁知道还有多少… -223000 |
[35:51] | Okay, okay. | 好的 好的 |
[35:56] | That’s our number. | 我们就咬定这个金额 |
[35:58] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[35:59] | That’s the number we go back to the board with, 223. | 我们就跟董事会说这个金额 223000 |
[36:01] | No, you’re not hearing me. | 不 你没听明白 |
[36:03] | That might just be the tip of the iceberg. | 这可能只是冰山一角 |
[36:04] | – Well, you don’t know that. – Frank. | -你又不能确定 -弗兰克 |
[36:06] | The receipts are gone. | 收据都不见了 |
[36:08] | They’re in the bin of a shredder, probably. | 估计都进了碎纸机 |
[36:09] | She could have misplaced them. | 可能是被她弄丢了 |
[36:11] | I mean, there’s a very real scenario here | 现在有个非常现实的可能性 |
[36:13] | where all the other expenses are legit, right? | 其它所有支出可能都是正当的 对吧 |
[36:15] | – Maybe, I don’t know. – Okay, Phil, Phil. | -也许吧 我说不好 -菲尔 菲尔 |
[36:17] | She’s not some criminal mastermind. | 她又不是什么犯罪大师 |
[36:19] | All right, Pam is our friend, | 帕姆是我们的朋友 |
[36:21] | and she has made a stupid mistake. | 她犯了个愚蠢的错误 |
[36:25] | But what… | 但是… |
[36:27] | but what about the state comptroller? | 州审计长那边怎么办 |
[36:31] | Hevesi could barge into this office | 海韦希随时可以 |
[36:32] | at any given moment, conduct an outside audit. | 闯进这间办公室 进行外部审计 |
[36:34] | Has he ever done that once in your 30 years of experience? | 你工作了三十年 他有这么做过吗 |
[36:39] | Exactly. | 正是如此 |
[36:40] | Just… | 你就 |
[36:43] | give me a number, and… | 告诉我一个金额 然后 |
[36:47] | I’ll take care of the board. | 我来摆平董事会 |
[37:14] | Okay, okay, everyone. | 好了 各位 |
[37:17] | So, the, uh… | 那个 |
[37:20] | the sum total is $250,000. | 总额是二十五万美元 |
[37:22] | – What? – Jesus, are you kidding me? | -什么 -老天 开什么玩笑 |
[37:25] | – That woman has a set of balls on her. – We can just… | -那女人可真有种 -我们… |
[37:27] | – When I get my chance. – You never will. | -我要让她好看 -你没机会了 |
[37:29] | She’s gonna be Nassau PD’s for the taking. | 拿索警方会处理她的 |
[37:31] | – And that shitbird son of hers. – No, no, no, no, no. | -还有她那个混蛋儿子 -不不不 |
[37:32] | – No, no, no, Bob. – Okay, all right, let’s do this right. | -不不不 鲍勃 -好了 我们得走正当途径 |
[37:34] | – Put the phone away, Bob. – And why should he? | -把手机放下 鲍勃 -为什么 |
[37:36] | Because we will lose everything. | 因为我们会失去一切的 |
[37:43] | What do you mean, Frank? | 什么意思 弗兰克 |
[37:44] | Once word gets out about Pam, | 一旦帕姆这事传出去 |
[37:46] | we’re inviting “The Times,” “Newsday,” | 我们就是请《纽约时报》 《新闻日报》 |
[37:49] | and every other paper in the tri-state area | 以及三州地区的所有报纸 |
[37:51] | – to our front door. – With all due respect, | -来上门报道 -恕我直言 |
[37:52] | screw the papers. This is a very real crime here. | 去他的报纸 这事真真切切的犯罪 |
[37:54] | A theft of taxpayer money. | 偷窃纳税人的钱 |
[37:56] | Judy, you’ve served on the school board | 朱迪 你在学校董事会 |
[37:57] | for how long, seven years? | 工作多久了 七年 |
[37:59] | – Eight, proudly, – Okay, and in eight years, | -八年 我很自豪 -好的 在这八年间 |
[38:00] | how many times has our budget been passed | 纳税人多少次顺利通过了 |
[38:02] | by taxpayers without incident? | 我们的预算 |
[38:04] | – Eight. – Right. | -八次 -没错 |
[38:06] | So what happens when our next budget goes up | 那等五月份我们提出下一年预算的时候 |
[38:07] | for approval in May? | 会是什么情况 |
[38:08] | The budget that we’ve worked all year on. | 我们努力了一整年的预算 |
[38:10] | The stimulus that gets us the SkyWalk. | 能帮我们通过天桥项目的经济刺激 |
[38:12] | That gets us to first. What happens? | 能帮我们登上第一的项目 会怎么样 |
[38:15] | I get what he’s saying. | 我明白他的意思 |
[38:16] | I mean, how’s it going to look? | 舆论会怎么说 |
[38:18] | A school employee is able to take | 一个学校员工能偷窃 |
[38:21] | hundreds of thousands of dollars from the coffer | 数十万美元的公款 |
[38:23] | without anyone noticing. | 而不被发现 |
[38:24] | Why would we pump more money into the school system? | 我们为什么还要继续给学校拨款 |
[38:27] | Right, if a scandal this seismic breaks, | 没错 如果这种重大丑闻传出去 |
[38:29] | I mean, our budget is torpedoed, done. | 我们的预算就完了 |
[38:31] | We are right back to square one. | 我们得重头开始了 |
[38:33] | I don’t know, you can’t pay the teachers. | 我不知道 到时候就开不出工资了 |
[38:34] | Maybe they start migrating out. | 也许教员会跳槽 |
[38:37] | This can’t affect the colleges, huh? | 这不会影响到大学吧 |
[38:38] | I think we’d have to expect that admissions | 我们得准备好 顶尖学校的 |
[38:41] | at top-tier schools would view us | 招生官对我们的看法 |
[38:42] | under a radically different lens, yeah. | 可能会彻底改变 |
[38:43] | No, wait, what, what, why would they ever? | 不 等等 为什么 |
[38:45] | If they smell trouble, then they… | 如果他们察觉到有麻烦 那他们 |
[38:48] | I don’t know, they might decide to lay off Roslyn kids for a while. | 说不好 他们可能暂时不考虑罗斯林的学生 |
[38:51] | “Yeses” can become “Nos” overnight. | “录取”可能一夜之间变成”拒绝” |
[38:52] | I’ve-I’ve heard of that happening before. | 我听说过有先例 |
[38:55] | I have. So anyway, let’s just… | 真的 总之 我们先… |
[38:57] | let’s tease this out, okay? | 先设想一下 好吗 |
[39:00] | We don’t perform, we go down in the rankings. | 我们的录取率不佳 排名下滑 |
[39:03] | And then our sister schools | 然后我们的姐妹学校 |
[39:04] | nose us out of the top ten, top hundred. | 把我们挤出前十 前一百 |
[39:05] | Syosset and Jericho, those sons of bitches. | 赛奥西特和杰里科 那帮混蛋 |
[39:07] | And that’s when we start seeing | 那时候我们就会看到 |
[39:08] | property values adversely affected. | 房价受到负面影响 |
[39:17] | He’s right. Of course he is. | 他说的对 当然是对的 |
[39:20] | As far as real estate, | 就房地产来说 |
[39:22] | especially Long Island, | 尤其是在长岛 |
[39:24] | a town is only as good as its… | 房价直接跟 |
[39:26] | Public school system. | 公立学校的水平挂钩 |
[39:30] | After everything we’ve worked for, huh? | 我们付出了那么多努力 对吧 |
[39:33] | Years that it’s taken to, to, to get this far. | 那么多年的努力才达到现在的程度 |
[39:39] | These are our kids we’re talking about. | 这事关系到我们的孩子 |
[39:43] | I can think of one other option. | 我有另一个办法 |
[39:50] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[39:53] | Everything’s gonna be okay, Pam. | 都会好起来的 帕姆 |
[39:54] | We’re, we’re gonna get you home to your family real soon. | 我们很快就让你回家陪家人 |
[39:58] | We’re good, close the door. | 好了 把门关上 |
[40:01] | The board is very aware of how hard you worked | 董事会非常清楚你为学校 |
[40:04] | for the schools, for Roslyn, for their kids. | 为罗斯林 为他们的孩子付出了多少努力 |
[40:06] | They know what an asset you’ve been, and, um… | 他们知道你一直是得力干将 |
[40:09] | that is why they see this for-for what it is. | 所以他们明白这是怎么回事 |
[40:12] | A lapse in judgment. | 一时糊涂 |
[40:13] | And in light of that, they’re opting | 鉴于此 他们决定 |
[40:15] | not to press charges or involve the police. | 不提出指控 也不报警 |
[40:17] | Thank you, thank you. All of you. | 谢谢 谢谢你们大家 |
[40:19] | So you’ll make full restitution to the school | 你要全额赔偿学校 |
[40:22] | at the sum of $250,000. | 二十五万美元 |
[40:25] | 250, full… full restitution, of course. | 二十五万 全额赔偿 没问题 |
[40:27] | I’ll, I’ll make it happen. | 我会想办法的 |
[40:28] | And then you’ll finish out the work week | 然后你要完成本周的工作 |
[40:29] | and resign quietly. | 并低调辞职 |
[40:35] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[40:37] | – What? – Okay. | -什么 -明白吗 |
[40:38] | Tomorrow morning, you’ll surrender | 明天一早你要 |
[40:39] | your administrators license to the board | 把管理执照交给董事会 |
[40:42] | and you’ll sign an NDA committing… | 签署一份保密协议 承诺… |
[40:43] | Frank, Frank, I don’t… I don’t understand what’s happening. | 弗兰克 弗兰克 我不明白这是怎么回事 |
[40:47] | I don’t understand this. Why are you… | 我不明白 你在说什么… |
[40:48] | You stole from the schools, Pam. | 你偷了学校的钱 帕姆 |
[40:51] | From, from the taxpayers. | 偷了纳税人的钱 |
[40:53] | From, from the kids we’re supposed to serve. | 偷了我们应该服务的孩子的钱 |
[40:57] | I mean, this… | 这种… |
[40:59] | kind of behavior goes beyond the bounds of immoral. | 这种行为不只是不道德了 |
[41:01] | It, it’s, it’s cruel, it’s… | 是残酷 |
[41:04] | It’s heinous. It’s, it’s sociopathic, even. | 简直令人发指 甚至可以说是精神病 |
[41:06] | Sociopathic, what? | 什么 精神病 |
[41:08] | The shameless self-interest. | 无耻的利己主义 |
[41:09] | The, the, the unstable personality. | 不稳定的性格 |
[41:12] | The parade of rotten marriages, it… | 张扬的婚姻闹剧 |
[41:15] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[41:19] | Look, you need help, Pam. | 你需要帮助 帕姆 |
[41:21] | Real medical help. | 真正的医疗帮助 |
[41:23] | You’re a sick woman. | 你病了 |
[41:25] | We’re concerned about you, Pam. | 我们很担心你 帕姆 |
[41:38] | I am… | 我 |
[41:41] | I’m a sick woman. | 我病了 |
[41:46] | I’m… | 我 |
[41:47] | I’m ashamed of my actions. I’m ashamed of myself. I’m… | 为我的行为感到羞耻 为我自己感到羞耻 |
[41:51] | There’s no excuse for it. | 我没有任何借口 |
[41:54] | Well, the sociopathy. | 精神病算是借口 |
[41:57] | – Yeah, Bob, the… – Yeah. | -好吧 鲍勃 -是的 |
[42:02] | Okay. | 好的 |
[42:04] | We’ll make all the arrangements first thing tomorrow morning. | 我们明天一早就把一切安排好 |
[42:15] | Yeah, of course. | 好的 当然 |
[42:19] | Good night, all. | 各位晚安 |
[42:26] | Well, that went better than I thought. | 比我想的要顺利 |
[42:29] | You saved our ass, Frank. | 你救了我们 弗兰克 |
[42:31] | – Oh, God, yeah. – Thank you. | -天啊 是的 -谢谢你 |
[42:34] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[43:06] | What the hell was that? | 刚刚是搞什么鬼 |
[43:08] | I… can you hear me? | 你能听到吗 |
[43:11] | Frank? | 弗兰克 |
[43:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[43:16] | I’m just, I’m just trying to… | 我只是想… |
[43:18] | I’m trying to wrap my head around this. | 我只是想搞清楚情况 |
[43:54] | I wasn’t sure you were gonna call. | 我没想到你会打来 |
[43:58] | Is everything okay? | 你还好吗 |
[44:00] | Yeah, sorry, I, um… | 嗯 抱歉 我… |
[44:03] | just wanted to hear your voice. | 只是想听听你的声音 |
[44:23] | – Where is he? – Pam. | -他在哪 -帕姆 |
[44:25] | – Where is he? – Pam, just… | -他在哪 -帕姆 先… |
[44:27] | – Just sit down for a second. – No, I wanna talk to Jimmy. | -先坐下再说 -不 我要跟吉米说话 |
[44:28] | – Where is he? – Just sit down for a little bit. | -他在哪 -先坐下来再说 |
[44:29] | Is he in this room? No, he’s in his bedroom, isn’t he? | 他在这屋吗 不 他在他卧室 是不是 |
[44:31] | – Just… – Don’t touch me. | -先… -别碰我 |
[44:32] | – Don’t touch me! – All right! | -别碰我 -行 |
[44:37] | Hey, Ma. | 妈 |
[44:43] | Hi, Ma? | “妈” |
[44:44] | Hi, Ma? | “妈” |
[44:47] | – Hey, Aunt Pam! – Get outta my house, Jimmy! | -帕姆姑妈 -滚出我的房子 吉米 |
[44:48] | – Pam! – I don’t want you here anymore. | -帕姆 -我不想让你住这里 |
[44:50] | – Get the hell out! – Pam. | -滚出去 -帕姆 |
[44:51] | – I don’t wanna see your face anymore. – Pam, stop it. | -我再也不想看见你这张脸了 -帕姆 停 |
[44:53] | – Stop it, you don’t mean it. – Hey, what’s going on? | -住口 你不是真心的 -怎么了 |
[44:54] | You don’t mean it. She doesn’t mean it, Jim. | 你不是真心的 她不是真心的 吉姆 |
[44:56] | – She doesn’t mean one word of it. – What’s going on? | -她根本不是真心那么说的 -怎么回事 |
[45:01] | Your mother lost her job today. | 你妈妈今天丢了工作 |
[45:02] | Yeah, not my job, Howard. My career. | 不是我的工作 霍华德 我的事业 |
[45:05] | I don’t get it, can’t you just get a different job | 我不懂 你不能在其它学校 |
[45:08] | at another school? | 找份其它工作吗 |
[45:14] | They’re taking my license. | 他们要没收我的执照 |
[45:17] | Mom, what did you do? | 妈妈 你做了什么 |
[45:23] | I took money from them. | 我拿了他们的钱 |
[45:26] | Yeah, I stole. We all did. | 对 我偷钱 我们都偷了 |
[45:30] | Okay, look, just go back to your rooms, please. | 好了 你们先回各自房间 |
[45:31] | – Yeah. – Please let me talk to your mother. | -没错 -让我和你妈妈谈谈 |
[45:32] | Your car, your clothes. | 你的车 你的衣服 |
[45:34] | This house, the other houses. | 这房子 另一个房子 |
[45:36] | – What are you talking about? – You didn’t want state school. | -你在说什么 -你不想去州立学校 |
[45:39] | You wanted private college. | 你想去上私立大学 |
[45:44] | I wanted you to be happy with me. | 我希望你对我满意 |
[45:46] | Pam, Pam, listen. It’s okay. | 帕姆 帕姆 没事的 |
[45:50] | We’ll get you a job down at the dealership, okay? | 我们能给你在经销店找个工作 好吗 |
[45:53] | Yeah, yeah, they’re looking for a new girl at the front desk. | 对 他们要招个新前台小姐 |
[45:56] | – Like a secretary? – No, no. | -做秘书吗 -不不 |
[45:58] | Not, not as… not like a secretary. | 不 不是秘书 |
[46:00] | You’ll find something. I’m just saying… | 你总会找到工作的 我只是说 |
[46:02] | – I have degrees. – I know. | -我有学位 -我懂 |
[46:03] | I went to school for years to get degrees. | 我上了那么多年学才拿到学位 |
[46:06] | I drove the bus. I did the steno pool. | 我开过校车 我做过速记 |
[46:08] | – I did everything I had to. – Listen to me, Pam. | -该做的我都做了 -听我说 帕姆 |
[46:11] | – Listen to me. – I’m gonna be sick. | -听我说 -我要吐了 |
[46:13] | You are the smartest woman I have ever known. | 你是我认识的最聪明的女人 |
[46:16] | We’re gonna get through this and you’re gonna | 我们会度过这个困难 |
[46:17] | land on your feet, you will. | 你会重振旗鼓的 |
[46:21] | Come here. | 过来 |
[46:23] | – Howard. – I know. | -霍华德 -我懂 |
[46:26] | – Howard. – I know. | -霍华德 -我懂 |
[46:28] | I know. | 我懂 |
[46:42] | Mrs. Gluckin. | 格卢金夫人 |
[46:44] | I was just wondering. | 我想问下 |
[46:45] | Could I get the key to the basement again? | 能再给我一次地下室的钥匙吗 |
[46:47] | I just want to look up a few more things. | 我就想再查一点东西 |
[46:50] | What’s this for, Rachel? | 你要做什么 瑞秋 |
[46:52] | Just for some stuff I wanted to verify. | 我想确认一些东西 |
[46:54] | I can answer your questions. | 我可以回答你的问题 |
[46:59] | Okay, well… | 好吧 |
[47:01] | I did the math, and it looks like the SkyWalk | 我算了下 天桥项目似乎 |
[47:04] | is gonna end up costing around eight million dollars. | 总共要花费八百万美元 |
[47:06] | – Seven-five, sure. – Right. | -七百五十万 当然 -对 |
[47:08] | It just seems like a lot of our resources | 我们似乎要在美观问题上 |
[47:10] | to be spending on cosmetics. | 投入大量资源 |
[47:13] | Cosmetics? People love the SkyWalk. | 美观 大家都喜欢天桥 |
[47:16] | “The Beacon” loves the SkyWalk. | 《山峰灯塔》喜欢天桥项目 |
[47:18] | There was that nice poll you guys did. | 你们发起了投票 |
[47:20] | Right. | 对 |
[47:21] | But the ceilings at the high school are still leaking. | 但这所高中的天花板还在漏水 |
[47:24] | I mean, some of the classrooms had to get shut down. | 有一些教室被迫关闭 |
[47:26] | Sounds like you should bring that up | 那么你也许应该在 |
[47:27] | with your student government. | 学生会上提起这个 |
[47:31] | There was also the pizza oven. | 还有那个披萨烤箱 |
[47:34] | – What? – I saw a line item | -什么 -我在费用报表里 |
[47:36] | in the expense reports for a pizza oven. | 看到了一行披萨烤炉的支出记录 |
[47:39] | But then I asked Paula in the cafeteria | 但我之后问了食堂的宝拉 |
[47:41] | and she said she knew nothing about it. | 她说她完全不知道有这回事 |
[47:42] | Just stop it. | 别说了 |
[47:48] | I am sorry to be the one to tell you this, | 很抱歉我得告诉你这个 |
[47:50] | but no one is keeping anything from you, okay? | 但没人对你们有所隐瞒 好吗 |
[47:53] | On the contrary, we come in here every day | 相反 我们每天天一亮就来这里 |
[47:55] | at the crack of dawn because we care. | 是因为我们关心你们 |
[47:58] | We care about providing you | 我们希望能给你们提供 |
[48:00] | with a proper quality education because we’re good people. | 良好的高质量教育 因为我们是好人 |
[48:04] | Because we want you to have a good life. | 因为我们希望你们能过上好日子 |
[48:06] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[48:09] | Okay. | 好 |
[48:11] | Okay. | 好 |
[48:14] | The individual purchase orders are still public record, though. | 但消费记录仍然属于公开数据 |
[48:26] | Here you go. | 给 |
[48:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[48:32] | Oh, and Rachel. | 另外瑞秋 |
[48:33] | You were right about that pizza oven. | 那个披萨烤箱的事你说对了 |
[48:35] | It didn’t go to the high school | 不是买给高中的 |
[48:37] | because we bought it for the middle school. | 因为我们是给初中买的 |
[48:40] | Yeah, they have pizza for days down there. | 对 他们吃了好几天披萨了 |
[48:42] | Go get yourself a slice. | 你也去吃一块 |
[48:50] | Morning. | 早安 |
[48:51] | – Hi. – Oh, hey, Rachel. | -你好 -瑞秋 |
[48:54] | Dr. Tassone, Pam Gluckin’s in a bit of a state. | 塔索内博士 帕姆·格卢金状态不太好 |
[48:57] | Yeah, I have a very busy morning. | 我早上很忙 |
[48:59] | Just tell her I can’t. Good morning. | 跟她说我没时间见她 早安 |
[49:01] | Frank, Frank, Frank! | 弗兰克 弗兰克 弗兰克 |
[49:04] | Fra… | 弗兰… |
[49:10] | I’m sorry, Dr. Tassone’s very busy this morning. | 抱歉 塔索内博士今早很忙 |
[49:12] | Get out of my way, Mary Ann. | 别挡道 玛丽·安 |
[49:13] | – Pam, Pam. – Please. | -帕姆 帕姆 -拜托 |
[49:16] | You know what? It’s fine. | 算了 没事 |
[49:21] | Everything’s fine. | 什么事都没有 |
[49:44] | My exit interview for him. | 这是我留给他的离职谈话 |
[49:56] | Hey, Dr. Tassone. | 塔索内博士 |
[49:57] | Mary Ann said you wanted to see me? | 玛丽·安说你想见我 |
[49:59] | Yes, yes. Uh, take a seat. | 对 请坐 |
[50:01] | Just close the door behind you there. | 把门关上 |
[50:09] | So, I think maybe | 我想 |
[50:11] | it is time that we talked about your value | 我们该讨论一下 |
[50:14] | in this workplace. | 你在这里的工作价值了 |
[50:18] | I, uh… | 我 |
[50:21] | – This isn’t… – No, rest assured, | -这不是 -不 请安心 |
[50:23] | we all want you to succeed here. | 我们都希望你能在这里取得成功 |
[50:26] | Which is… | 所以 |
[50:28] | Which is why we would like to transition you | 我们希望能把你调职到 |
[50:32] | to our special utilities department. | 我们的特殊事务部 |
[50:38] | Sir, um… | 先生 |
[50:40] | you know, I just thought I was a really good fit up here. | 我还以为我在这里干得不错 |
[50:43] | Oh, yeah, no, no, no. We’re just doing some shuffling | 当然了 我们只是换换岗 |
[50:46] | and we could really use an extra hand down there. | 那边真的缺个人手 |
[50:48] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[50:51] | What about Pam’s old job? You know, I thought maybe, uh, | 帕姆留下的职位如何 我想或许 |
[50:54] | you know, like a manager, maybe I could be… | 我能当个经理之类的 |
[50:57] | Maybe I could be right for that. | 也许我能做那个 |
[50:58] | Yeah, well, actually, Philip Metzger’s | 实际上 菲利普·梅茨格 |
[51:00] | gonna be stepping in as the interim business manager. | 要继任为临时商务经理 |
[51:03] | – Phil the auditor? – Yeah, yeah. | -审计员菲尔 -对 对 |
[51:04] | I mean, until we can find a more permanent replacement for Pam. | 在我们找到正式替代帕姆的职员之前 |
[51:07] | But… | 但 |
[51:09] | we’re pretty excited about him. | 他能上任我们都很激动 |
[51:15] | I think that I should, uh… | 我想我该 |
[51:20] | think, um… | 我想 |
[51:25] | I know what you all did to Pam. | 我知道你们对帕姆做了什么 |
[51:30] | And I could, you know, I could… | 我可以 你懂的 我可以 |
[51:33] | maybe tell people. | 告诉别人 |
[51:36] | Sorry, hold on a second. I’m so sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉 请稍等 抱歉打断一下 |
[51:39] | I just noticed that necklace you have on. | 我注意到了你戴的项链 |
[51:41] | How it really complements your eyes. | 衬托出了你的眼睛 |
[51:45] | – Thank you. – It’s, uh, | -谢谢 -项链 |
[51:47] | yeah, that’s, that’s new, isn’t it? | 是新的 不是吗 |
[51:48] | I don’t think I’ve seen you wearing it around before. | 我以前应该没见你戴过 |
[51:52] | Yeah, I thought so. Yeah. I’ve got… | 对 我想是这样 |
[51:55] | I got sort of an eye for these things, I don’t know. | 我对这些东西比较敏锐 |
[51:57] | So, um, what do you think? | 你说呢 |
[51:59] | Is that… is that a Macy’s purchase or are we talking | 是在梅西百货买的呢 |
[52:01] | Lord & Taylor collection? | 还是在罗德与泰勒百货买的 |
[52:10] | Special utilities, you said? | 你之前说特殊事务部 |
[52:12] | Yeah, I think so. | 对 是这样 |
[52:15] | Okay, thanks, Jen. | 好 谢谢 珍 |
[52:38] | Mary Ann, can I get a cup of that new coffee in here? | 玛丽·安 能给我来一杯新的那种咖啡吗 |
[52:50] | Rocco, you’re so annoying. | 洛可 你真烦人 |
[52:51] | Get out of the way. | 别挡路 |
[52:52] | Go. | 去 |
[53:05] | – Mom! – This is she. | -妈 -就是我 |
[53:09] | No. | 不 |
[53:10] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[53:12] | Yeah, thank you. Please don’t call here again. | 是 谢谢 请别再打来了 |
[53:15] | – Who was that? – That was a student. | -是谁 -一个学生 |
[53:17] | They want to donate the fashion show proceeds | 他们想把时装秀的收益捐赠出来 |
[53:19] | to help pay for my medical expenses. | 帮助我治病 |
[53:21] | – But you’re not sick. – Don’t eat that. | -但你没生病 -别吃那个 |
[53:23] | We’re returning them. | 我们要把那些还回去 |
[53:24] | Pam, what the hell is going on? | 帕姆 到底怎么回事 |
[53:26] | 山峰灯塔 备受喜爱的行政员工突然因重病辞职 | |
[53:29] | Okay, uh… | 好 |
[53:31] | first off, we want to take a moment | 首先 我们想花点时间 |
[53:33] | to acknowledge Pamela Gluckin. | 向帕梅拉·格卢金致敬 |
[53:36] | Our hearts go out to her and her entire family | 我们挂念她 以及她的家人 |
[53:38] | and we wish her a safe and speedy recovery, yeah. | 我们希望她能迅速痊愈 |
[53:44] | Okay, all right, now. | 好 现在 |
[53:46] | Onto the fun stuff. | 该说有意思的事了 |
[53:46] | 2003年FIHS提前录取数据 哥伦比亚 达特茅斯 布朗 哈佛 耶鲁 普林斯顿 | |
[53:49] | Look at these numbers, folks. | 看看这些数据 |
[53:51] | These are the best early decision numbers | 这是我们见过的 |
[53:54] | that we’ve ever seen. | 最出色的提前录取数据 |
[53:56] | Yeah. | 对 |
[53:57] | Give yourselves a round of applause. | 为自己来点掌声 |
[54:12] | 罗斯林学区行政董事自由联合会 为您奉上节日祝福 祝您度过温暖 愉快 其乐融融的假期 节日快乐 | |
[55:19] | Seven. | 七 |
[55:22] | Six. | 六 |
[55:25] | Five. | 五 |
[55:46] | Hey, Rachel, um, where’s the article | 瑞秋 你那篇 |
[55:48] | on the Cancer Benefit Fashion Show? | 癌症公益时装秀的稿子在哪里 |
[55:51] | I’ll get that to you tomorrow. | 我明天交给你 |
[55:53] | But we go to print tomorrow. | 但我们明天就要刊印了 |
[55:55] | Okay, I’ll have it tonight. | 好 我今晚给你 |
[55:57] | Look, if you wanna be a part of the paper, | 如果你想成为报社一员 |
[56:00] | you gotta be a part of the paper. | 你就得作为报社一员行动 |
[56:01] | Look, I’m gonna be late. | 我要迟到了 |
[56:03] | Rachel. Rachel! | 瑞秋 瑞秋 |
[56:06] | – Shit. – Oh, my God. | -见鬼 -老天 |
[56:08] | – Sorry, shit. – Seriously? | -抱歉 见鬼 -不是吧 |
[56:15] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[56:16] | It’s just a personal project. None of your business. | 那是私人项目 与你无关 |
[56:24] | Look, I’m sorry for being a hard-ass. | 很抱歉我对你那么强硬 |
[56:27] | I know you’re going through a lot at home. | 我知道你家里出了很多事 |
[56:29] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你什么意思 |
[56:32] | You know, just everything with your dad. | 就是你爸爸的那些事情 |
[56:34] | Yeah, what about him? | 他的什么事 |
[56:37] | I mean, the parents talk to each other. | 家长之间会聊天 |
[56:39] | I know that some shit happened at work. | 我听说他工作上不顺利 |
[56:44] | You don’t know anything. | 你什么都不懂 |
[56:46] | Fuck, Rachel. | 操 蕾切尔 |
[57:14] | Rach? | 小蕾 |
[57:17] | – Dinner. – Okay. | -吃晚饭了 -好的 |
[57:20] | What’s all this? | 这是什么 |
[57:23] | Research. | 我做的调查 |
[57:24] | These are invoices from the school district. | 这些是学区的发票 |
[57:36] | The school district invoiced over a million dollars | 学区花了一百多万 |
[57:38] | in lab equipment? | 买实验室设备 |
[57:41] | And that’s just one supplier. | 这只是一个供应商的 |
[57:46] | You thought about calling this company? | 你想过打给这家公司吗 |
[58:01] | Oh, God, I’m gonna miss my flight. | 天 我要错过我的航班了 |
[58:03] | Not if you stay another day. | 那就再待一天吧 |
[58:05] | You know I can’t do that. | 你知道我不能留下 |
[58:10] | You could get a job here. | 你可以在这里找个工作 |
[58:13] | There are schools in Clark County. | 克拉克县也有一些学校 |
[58:15] | Sure, but good ones? | 当然 但有好的吗 |
[58:18] | Was Roslyn any good before you? | 在你去之前罗斯林算好的吗 |
[58:30] | Hi, is this Champion Products in Uniondale? | 请问是尤宁代尔的冠军制品吗 |
[58:33] | – Yes, it is. – Hi, my name is Rachel. | -是的 -你好 我叫蕾切尔 |
[58:35] | I was just hoping to ask you about a series of charges. | 我想向您咨询几笔开销 |
[58:35] | Okay, yes, yes. Thank you for verifying, Felice. | 好的 谢谢你的查证 菲利斯 |
[58:38] | You’ve been a huge help. | 你帮了很大的忙 |
[58:40] | – Yeah. – Thank you, bye-bye. | -好的 -谢谢 再见 |
[58:43] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[58:46] | Yeah, I can hold. | 我可以等 |
[58:56] | Bellmore Fine Auto, this is Howard. | 这里是贝尔莫尔精品汽车 我是霍华德 |
[59:01] | I’m sorry. Bellmore Fine Auto? | 抱歉 贝尔莫尔精品汽车 |
[59:03] | I had this number listed as an H. G. Consulting. | 我看这个号码登记的是HG咨询公司 |
[59:27] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[59:29] | Oh, nothing, I’m just, just tired. | 没事 我只是累了 |
[59:32] | I’ll take those invoices. | 发票给我吧 |
[59:43] | Next up is WordPower Tech. | 下一个是言辞力量科技公司 |
[59:46] | Now, they billed the school district $800,000 | 他们给学区开了八十万美元的发票 |
[59:49] | but no one has any idea who they are. | 但没人知道他们是谁 |
[59:52] | And they’re consistent. | 而且他们一直如此 |
[59:53] | They’ve billed every year for the past ten. | 过去十年里他们年年都开发票 |
[59:55] | Yeah, the company’s registered to Thomas Tuggiero | 这家登记在托马斯·提吉罗名下 |
[59:57] | with an address in Manhattan. | 位于曼哈顿的公司 |
[59:59] | I tried calling but the number is disconnected. | 我试着打过去 但号码已经停用了 |
[1:00:02] | 托马斯·提吉罗 公园大道5575号1607室 纽约州纽约市 | |
[1:00:02] | We’re gonna leave that one a question mark for right now | 这个现在先打个问号 |
[1:00:04] | because the next one I’ve got is Porto Office Supplies. | 因为下一个是波尔多办公用品 |
[1:00:08] | Now, I can’t find any… | 我找不到任何… |
[1:01:22] | What, did you forget your key? | 怎么 你忘带钥匙了吗 |
[1:01:28] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:01:33] | Can I help you with something? | 有什么事吗 |
[1:01:35] | Is this… | 这里是不是 |
[1:01:39] | I’m… | 我 |
[1:01:41] | I’m canvassing. | 我在做民意调查 |
[1:01:42] | For who? | 为谁做 |
[1:01:49] | It’s… | 是… |
[1:01:51] | I’m, I have the wrong apartment. | 我找错公寓了 |
[1:02:39] | You’re back. | 你回来了 |
[1:02:41] | I’m back. Hey, thanks. | 我回来了 谢谢 |
[1:02:47] | Hey, what’s for dinner? | 晚餐吃什么 |
[1:02:49] | Salmon. | 三文鱼 |
[1:03:00] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[1:03:03] | Oh, it’s just work. Sorry. | 只是工作的事 抱歉 |
[1:03:07] | The salmon’s a little dry. | 三文鱼有点柴 |
[1:03:10] | It’s great. | 很好吃 |
[1:03:13] | I can tell when you’re lying. | 我能看出你在撒谎 |
[1:03:20] | A little dry, maybe. | 可能是有点柴 |
[1:03:21] | The couscous, though, is a small masterpiece. | 但粗麦粉真是绝味 |
[1:03:23] | Oh, well, thank you very much. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[1:03:31] | How was Omaha? | 在奥马哈如何 |
[1:03:33] | Dull. Dull as all hell. | 无聊 无聊透顶 |
[1:03:38] | So… | 于是 |
[1:03:41] | So I’m sitting there sandwiched between Doug and Joe | 我夹在道格和乔之间 |
[1:03:43] | and there’s no A/C in the conference center | 会议中心没开空调 |
[1:03:46] | so you can imagine the smell while they… | 你能想象得到那股臭味 |
[1:03:48] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[1:03:49] | …talked for hours about STEM programs and state aid. | 他们花几个小时聊理工科项目和国家补助 |
[1:03:54] | It was, oh, yeah. | 那真是 |
[1:03:56] | – It was, it was a riot. – Oh, sounds like a nightmare. | -那真是糟透了 -听起来像个噩梦 |
[1:04:02] | Maybe I’ll come along next time. | 或许下次我该一起去 |
[1:04:05] | As a buffer. | 给你挡一挡 |
[1:04:10] | I would never subject you to that. | 我绝不会让你去受那种罪 |
[1:04:52] | Okay, you have documents to back this up? | 你有佐证的文件吗 |
[1:04:55] | Years’ worth of supposed payments to vendors | 多年来给供应商的付款记录 |
[1:04:57] | and confirmation they were never received. | 和供应商未收到钱的证明 |
[1:05:00] | Some of these companies, they don’t even exist. | 这里面有的公司甚至不存在 |
[1:05:02] | Well, no, you don’t know that. | 你不能确定这点 |
[1:05:04] | I mean, you know that for sure, right? | 我的意思是你确定吗 |
[1:05:06] | WordPower Tech. | 言辞力量科技公司 |
[1:05:08] | They’ve billed the district almost a million dollars | 他们给学区开过近百万美元的发票 |
[1:05:09] | and no one knows anything. | 但没人知道它 |
[1:05:12] | – Because it isn’t anything. – Okay. | -因为它并不存在 -好吧 |
[1:05:13] | It is a private apartment on the upper East Side. | 那是上东区的一间私人公寓 |
[1:05:15] | – Yes, but that doesn’t… – And our superintendent | -是 但那不能 -我们的主管 |
[1:05:17] | – has the key. – …necessarily mean that it’s fake. | -有那里的钥匙 -完全证明公司是假的 |
[1:05:21] | Come on, Nick, you know what this is. | 承认吧 尼克 你明白的 |
[1:05:23] | If he hasn’t reported this, it’s fraud. | 如果他没有举报 那就是诈骗 |
[1:05:25] | He’s writing my college recommendation letter. | 他在写我的大学推荐信 |
[1:05:32] | Fuck, fuck, god damn it. | 操 操 操他妈的 |
[1:05:35] | What are we even talking about right now? | 我们现在在说什么啊 |
[1:05:40] | Are you sure? Are you sure, sure, sure | 你确定吗 你百分百确定 |
[1:05:43] | you actually wanna do this? | 要这么做吗 |
[1:06:16] | Mind if I join you? | 我可以坐这儿吗 |
[1:06:30] | Don’t ever let a doctor find out | 千万别让你的医生发现 |
[1:06:32] | you have high cholesterol, Rachel. | 你胆固醇过高 蕾切尔 |
[1:06:34] | They’ll make you do the most horrible things. | 他们会逼你做很可怕的事情 |
[1:06:40] | So. | 那么 |
[1:06:42] | About yesterday. | 关于昨天 |
[1:06:47] | – That was… – What were you doing there? | -那是 -你在那干什么 |
[1:06:51] | I’m not upset. | 我没有生气 |
[1:06:52] | But it is very important that you be honest. | 但你一定要实话实说 |
[1:06:57] | I was following up on the listed address | 我在调查学校承包商的 |
[1:07:00] | for a school contractor. | 登记地址 |
[1:07:03] | Why were you doing that? | 你为什么要做这些 |
[1:07:06] | It’s public record. Anyone could take the time… | 那是公开记录 任何人都可以花时间 |
[1:07:08] | I didn’t ask you if it was public record. | 我没问你那是不是公开记录 |
[1:07:10] | I… I just asked you why. | 我问你为什么 |
[1:07:16] | It’s for something I’m writing. | 是为了我在写的文章 |
[1:07:25] | I think you have real potential. | 我觉得你很有潜力 |
[1:07:27] | – Dr. Tassone… – No, I’m serious. | -塔索内博士 -不 我是认真的 |
[1:07:29] | I, I read all your bylines. | 我读过你所有的报道 |
[1:07:31] | You’ve come such a long way since past September. | 你比去年九月进步了很多 |
[1:07:33] | Your confidence, strength of ability. | 你的自信和强大的能力 |
[1:07:36] | – Thank you. – No, you have a tremendous future ahead of you, | -谢谢 -你的前途非常光明 |
[1:07:38] | Rachel, you do. | 真的 蕾切尔 |
[1:07:39] | But… | 但是 |
[1:07:40] | You’re still young, too. | 你还是太年轻 |
[1:07:42] | Which is why you need to know, and I mean this, | 这也是为什么你要知道 我是认真的 |
[1:07:46] | if you go public… | 如果你公开了 |
[1:07:48] | with something you don’t fully understand, | 一些你不完全了解的事情 |
[1:07:51] | it’ll, it’ll come back on you hard. | 你会自食其果的 |
[1:08:13] | I don’t know, I… | 我不知道 |
[1:08:15] | I guess it’s our fault, mainly. | 我想这主要是我们的错 |
[1:08:18] | We try to create a safe environment for students to… | 我们试图创造一个安全的环境 让学生们 |
[1:08:22] | challenge, take risks, make mistakes, grow. | 去挑战 冒险 犯错 成长 |
[1:08:26] | But this mistake, if you make it, | 但如果你犯了这个错误 |
[1:08:29] | we will not be able to protect you. | 我们无法保护你 |
[1:08:31] | Not me, not your teachers. Because it’ll change everything. | 我不行 你的老师们不行 因为这会改变一切 |
[1:08:36] | And a lot of innocent people will get hurt. | 很多无辜的人会受到伤害 |
[1:08:39] | Right? | 明白吗 |
[1:08:41] | I mean, these kinds of inquiries | 我的意思是 这些调查 |
[1:08:43] | are, are… are like setting off a grenade. | 就像引爆一枚手榴弹 |
[1:08:46] | There’s fallout in the pursuit. In the frenzy. | 疯狂追求真相会造成后果 |
[1:08:51] | There’s collateral damage. | 会殃及池鱼 |
[1:08:53] | Right… | 对吧 |
[1:08:55] | You must know all about that. | 你一定清楚这些 |
[1:09:04] | It’s not perfect, but it works. | 虽然不完美 但有成效 |
[1:09:07] | What we have here works. | 我们现有的制度很有成效 |
[1:09:10] | I hope we can keep it that way. | 我希望我们能保持下去 |
[1:09:45] | All right, let’s get into it. Uh, Rachel. | 我们来看看这个 蕾切尔 |
[1:09:48] | Hey, Rachel. | 蕾切尔 |
[1:09:50] | Rachel, are you still with us? | 蕾切尔 你在听课吗 |
[1:09:54] | Yeah, yeah, I’m here. | 我在听 |
[1:09:56] | – Sorry. – All right. | -抱歉 -好 |
[1:09:57] | Question number four, | 第四题 |
[1:09:58] | what is the symbol for potassium? | 钾的符号是什么 |
[1:10:00] | Anybody? | 有人知道吗 |
[1:10:11] | Yeah. | 请进 |
[1:10:14] | Hey, Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[1:10:16] | I’ve been doing some more digging over the past week. | 上周我做了更深入的调查 |
[1:10:20] | I’m… concerned… | 我有点担心 |
[1:10:23] | with what I found. | 我所发现的东西 |
[1:10:25] | Okay, come in. | 过来说 |
[1:10:29] | Look, now we don’t have receipts, | 我们现在没有收据 |
[1:10:32] | but some of these vendors, they’re… | 但有一些供应商 他们 |
[1:10:38] | this Pam thing isn’t a question of $250,000 | 帕姆的事不只是我们起初认为的 |
[1:10:41] | like we’d initially thought. | 二十五美元的问题 |
[1:10:45] | Well, okay, uh, | 好吧 |
[1:10:46] | do you have any sense of what the number might be? | 你估计大概有多少 |
[1:10:49] | I mean, are we talking 500? | 五十万 |
[1:10:52] | Are we talking a million? | 一百万 |
[1:10:54] | I mean, Phil, work with me. I can’t do anything but just… | 菲尔 说说吧 我很难 |
[1:10:55] | I don’t know, I don’t know. | 我不知道 我不知道 |
[1:10:58] | You don’t… okay, fine. So… | 你不知道 好吧 |
[1:11:01] | figure it out, all right? | 那就算清楚 好吗 |
[1:11:02] | Work your numbers magic and then, | 发挥你的数字专长 |
[1:11:04] | let’s the two of us deal with it from there, okay? | 就我们两人把这事办妥了 好吗 |
[1:11:08] | Thanks, Phil. | 谢谢 菲尔 |
[1:11:09] | Well, there’s something else. | 还有其他事 |
[1:11:13] | A flight to London, Heathrow, over winter break… | 寒假期间飞往伦敦希思罗机场的机票 |
[1:11:16] | – …billed to… – Yeah, that’s me. | -发票开给 -那是我的 |
[1:11:17] | That flight was for me, for the Pell Conference. | 机票是买给我的 去参加佩尔会议 |
[1:11:19] | You knew about the Pell. | 你知道的 |
[1:11:20] | First class, Concorde jet. | 喷气式飞机的头等舱 |
[1:11:25] | I don’t book the flights. That’s always been Jenny’s job. | 不是我订的机票 那都是杰妮的工作 |
[1:11:28] | – But look, even if I had… – The charge is for two seats. | -即使是我订的 -费用是两个座位的 |
[1:11:33] | Two seats side by side in first. | 头等舱两个并排的座位 |
[1:11:36] | It’s $5,000 each way per ticket. | 一张单程票五千美元 |
[1:11:39] | It’s $20,000. | 总共两万美元 |
[1:11:43] | Yeah, well, that sounds like a mistake. | 这应该是弄错了 |
[1:11:46] | You know, I called the airline. | 我打给了航空公司 |
[1:11:52] | Who’s Kyle Contreras? | 凯尔·孔特雷拉是谁 |
[1:12:08] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 |
[1:12:11] | So that’s how you wanna play it. | 你要这么耍我吗 |
[1:12:13] | What, no. I’m not playing… | 什么 不 我不是耍你 |
[1:12:15] | I mean, the audacity. | 真是厚颜无耻 |
[1:12:16] | Coming from the man who spent six months | 花了六个月 |
[1:12:19] | falsifying our records to mask his own negligence | 伪造我们的记录来掩盖 |
[1:12:22] | of fiduciary duty to the school. | 在对学校的受信责任上的失职 |
[1:12:24] | Wait a second, that’s not what, that’s not what’s going on. | 等等 不是 不是这样的 |
[1:12:26] | No, no? | 不是吗 |
[1:12:27] | Pam didn’t have to happen, right? | 帕姆的事本不该发生 对吧 |
[1:12:29] | You could have prevented that. You’re the auditor. | 你本可以阻止的 你是审计 |
[1:12:32] | The people here pay you for what? | 人家花钱雇你干什么 |
[1:12:34] | So you can go off and do your community theater | 你想走就走 想玩戏剧就玩戏剧 |
[1:12:37] | instead of taking care of our school’s books? | 我们学校的账本都不用管的吗 |
[1:12:40] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. | 对 对 |
[1:12:42] | Oh, I can point fingers too, Phil. | 指手画脚我也会 菲尔 |
[1:12:44] | Right, but I think we both agree that | 但是我想我们看法是一致的 |
[1:12:46] | that wouldn’t be a very productive use of our time. | 这不过是浪费我们的时间而已 |
[1:12:48] | – But… – Phil. | -可是 -菲尔 |
[1:12:51] | Are you gonna do your job, | 你要不要去做你的事 |
[1:12:52] | or do I have to call Hevesi in here himself | 还是要我把海韦希本人叫过来 |
[1:12:55] | to come and do it for you? | 让他替你把工作做了 |
[1:12:56] | Because I will call him right now. | 因为我现在就能给他打电话 |
[1:12:58] | I will deal with it. | 我会处理的 |
[1:13:00] | I’m sorry that I brought it up. I shouldn’t have. | 很抱歉我提起这件事 我不该提的 |
[1:13:01] | Yeah, damn right you shouldn’t have. | 是 太对了 你不该提的 |
[1:13:04] | You won’t hear about it again. | 你不会再听到这事了 |
[1:13:07] | Good. | 很好 |
[1:13:10] | Get out of here. | 出去 |
[1:13:39] | Hey, Dad, can I ask you something? | 爸 我能问你件事吗 |
[1:13:42] | And you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. | 你不想回答也可以 |
[1:13:46] | Yeah, you can ask me anything. | 可以啊 你随便问 |
[1:13:51] | I mean, I know what you had said at, at the time, | 我知道当时你说过 |
[1:13:53] | when, um, | 那时候 |
[1:13:55] | all that stuff was happening. | 发生的那些事 |
[1:13:57] | The insider trading. | 内幕交易 |
[1:14:02] | Did you really not know? | 你真的不知情吗 |
[1:14:07] | Are you asking me if I was a part of it? | 你是不是想问我有没有参与其中 |
[1:14:12] | No, I wasn’t. | 我没有参与 |
[1:14:14] | Not at any point in time, I promise you. | 任何时候都没有参与 我向你保证 |
[1:14:19] | But, uh… | 但是 |
[1:14:23] | You gotta understand, | 你要理解 |
[1:14:24] | those were guys that I had come up with my entire career. | 我整个职业生涯都跟那些人打交道 |
[1:14:26] | Guys whose kids you and Neil played with on the weekends. | 你和尼尔周末就跟他们的孩子玩 |
[1:14:30] | Guys with families. They were good people. | 他们有家庭 他们都是好人 |
[1:14:33] | And it was all gonna even out in the long run. | 长远来看 一切都会过去的 |
[1:14:36] | So who cares? | 谁会在乎呢 |
[1:14:41] | I didn’t say anything. | 我当时什么都没说 |
[1:14:44] | I could have. | 我本来可以说的 |
[1:14:46] | But I didn’t. | 但是我没说 |
[1:14:50] | And that’s something I live with. | 这是我要背的包袱 |
[1:15:37] | Morning. | 早 |
[1:15:39] | Morning. | 早 |
[1:16:49] | Bob… | 鲍勃 |
[1:16:51] | you had me serve as the public face of this district, | 你让我成为这个地区的公众人物 |
[1:16:54] | an image that reflects prosperity. | 代表繁荣的形象 |
[1:16:56] | Okay, I know it might look bad all laid out like that | 我知道出了这样的事情很糟糕 |
[1:16:59] | but try and see this from my point of view. | 但是试试从我的角度看问题 |
[1:17:01] | This is me doing the job I was hired for. | 这就是我做的工作 |
[1:17:03] | A wrinkled suit. Yeah, okay, that’s one thing. | 皱巴巴的西装是一回事 |
[1:17:07] | This is something else entirely. | 这完全是另一回事 |
[1:17:09] | No, no, no, my employment contract | 不不不 我的雇佣合同有一项条款 |
[1:17:11] | has a clause that allows me full discretion | 允许我在履行职责所需的 |
[1:17:12] | on all charges necessary and proper | 所有费用上 |
[1:17:15] | – to the discharge of my duties. – I know that. | -有充分的自由裁量权 -这点我知道 |
[1:17:17] | I wrote your employment contract. | 你的雇佣合同是我拟的 |
[1:17:19] | The key word there was “discretion.” | 关键词就是这个”自由裁量权” |
[1:17:21] | – Bob, you’re not hearing me. – I’m hearing fine. | -鲍勃 你没听我说 -我听得很清楚 |
[1:17:25] | You spent $30,000 on dry cleaning. | 你花了三万块干洗衣服 |
[1:17:27] | Over a number of years, yes, I did, | 好几年累积的 是的 |
[1:17:30] | and I will pay it all back. | 我会全部还上的 |
[1:17:33] | Right, but I did it for the good of the school. | 但我这么做是为了学校 |
[1:17:34] | No, you just… you wanted to look pretty. | 不 你就是为了自己好看 |
[1:17:40] | Come on, Frank. | 拜托 弗兰克 |
[1:17:42] | It’s practically, it’s an open secret | 如今这已经是公开的秘密了 |
[1:17:44] | nowadays with the way you’re carrying on. | 你的行为举止 |
[1:17:46] | The flashy suits, the cologne. | 华丽的西装 古龙水 |
[1:17:49] | The shit that you’re doing to your face. | 你做的整形 |
[1:17:53] | They laugh at you. | 他们都笑话你 |
[1:17:56] | You were my guy. | 你是我的人 |
[1:17:59] | I brought you in. I defended you. | 我带你入伙的 我还替你辩解 |
[1:18:02] | Now, I’m compromised now. We all are. | 现在我被你害惨了 我们都被你害惨了 |
[1:18:05] | Because of, of… | 因为 |
[1:18:10] | What did you people do to us? | 你们这些人对我们做了什么 |
[1:18:20] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[1:18:30] | So we were at dinner | 很多年前 |
[1:18:32] | however many years ago. | 我们一起吃晚饭 |
[1:18:34] | Uh, it was nowhere fancy. It was… | 不是什么高档餐厅 是… |
[1:18:36] | a pizza place on Bell Boulevard. | 贝尔大街上的一家披萨店 |
[1:18:38] | Two Greek salads and a fountain drink. | 两份希腊沙拉和一杯汽水 |
[1:18:42] | And I fucked up, I used the wrong card by accident. | 我弄错了 不小心刷错了卡 |
[1:18:45] | It’s for $20. | 二十美元 |
[1:18:47] | And I said, I’d even it all out on Monday. | 然后我说 周一我会把钱还上的 |
[1:18:50] | I’d reimburse the school out of pocket. | 我会自掏腰包把钱还给学校 |
[1:18:51] | Whatever we had to do, you know. | 不论怎样我们都要还 |
[1:18:54] | Monday came and went. | 周一到了 又过去了 |
[1:18:57] | Nobody said anything. Nobody, nobody cared. | 没人说一句话 没人在乎 |
[1:19:02] | On Tuesday, it was a 60 cent bagel. | 周二 刷了一个六十美分的硬面包圈 |
[1:19:05] | Bob, if… | 鲍勃 如果… |
[1:19:07] | if I wanted the money… | 如果我想要钱 |
[1:19:10] | I would have gone to Wall Street. | 我早就去华尔街了 |
[1:19:12] | I’d be living in a big house | 我会像你一样 |
[1:19:13] | in the country estates like you, but… | 住在郊区的大房子里 但是… |
[1:19:17] | I wanted to make a difference. | 我想要有所作为 |
[1:19:19] | Right? | 对吧 |
[1:19:21] | I did, we did, look. | 是的 我们都是 你看 |
[1:19:24] | We’re number four. | 我们现在排名第四 |
[1:19:26] | I got us all the way to number four. | 我帮大家争到了第四的位置 |
[1:19:28] | Right, and I did it on a glorified teacher’s salary | 我拿着教师水平的工资做到了 |
[1:19:30] | while you and everyone else made millions off the district. | 而你和其他人却从这个学区赚了几百万 |
[1:19:34] | I got us to number four, | 我帮大家争到了第四 |
[1:19:35] | and I will get us to number one. | 我会带领大家争到第一的 |
[1:19:37] | The board, we convened an emergency session. | 董事会召开了紧急会议 |
[1:19:39] | We’re gonna make a public statement | 我们要就十一月处理帕姆的情况 |
[1:19:41] | to the town about the way we handled Pam in November. | 向镇上发表公开声明 |
[1:19:44] | What? Come on, no. | 什么 拜托 不行 |
[1:19:46] | – No, yes, that’s how it has to be. – No, no. | -是的 必须这样 -不行 不行 |
[1:19:49] | Not now, no. | 现在不行 不要 |
[1:19:50] | Not until the budget vote goes through. | 要等到预算投票通过才行 |
[1:19:52] | It’s a few days away. Bob, it’s… | 就差几天了 鲍勃 这个… |
[1:19:56] | Bob. | 鲍勃 |
[1:20:01] | I can still get Becca into Harvard. | 我还有办法让贝卡进哈佛 |
[1:20:07] | I hope you find peace, Frank. | 希望你能找到内心的安宁 弗兰克 |
[1:20:53] | – Why are we hearing about this… – Please… | -为什么是孩子们 -请… |
[1:20:55] | from our children and not from you? | 而不是你亲自告诉我们 |
[1:20:58] | – We know you’re… – Where the hell’s our money? | -我们知道你们 -我们的钱到底在哪 |
[1:21:00] | We know you’re upset. We know you’re angry. | 我们知道你们很生气 也知道你们很愤怒 |
[1:21:02] | But we cannot… we simply cannot afford | 但是我们不能…我们不能 |
[1:21:05] | to hold our school’s budget hostage | 通过控制学校的预算 |
[1:21:06] | to place a filibuster on your children’s education. | 来妨碍你们孩子的教育 |
[1:21:11] | This is collusion at the highest level. | 这是高层勾结 |
[1:21:14] | We demand resignations. | 我们要求辞职 |
[1:21:17] | This is not productive. | 这样没用 |
[1:21:19] | No, no, no, no, I understand where this is coming from. | 不不不 我理解你们的心情 |
[1:21:21] | But I will answer each of your questions. | 但是我会一一回答你们的问题 |
[1:21:24] | First, please just let me read this statement that I prepared. | 首先请允许我读一下这份声明 |
[1:21:27] | You all should be in prison! | 你们都该进监狱 |
[1:21:31] | Enough! | 够了 |
[1:21:48] | Mary Ann, what the hell’s going on? | 玛丽·安 到底发生什么了 |
[1:21:50] | Mary Ann? | 玛丽·安 |
[1:21:51] | Hevesi called this morning. | 海韦希今早打电话来了 |
[1:21:53] | Frank, you said he would never call. | 弗兰克 你说过他永远不会打电话来的 |
[1:21:56] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[1:22:01] | Hi, Dr. Tassone. | 你好 塔索内博士 |
[1:22:03] | Oh, we’re so glad we could catch you. | 很高兴能等到你 |
[1:22:05] | Uh, Ms. Schweitzer, uh, Carol, now’s really not the best time. | 施魏策尔夫人 卡萝尔 现在真不是时候 |
[1:22:08] | Please, please, we just need one minute of your attention. | 拜托了 我们只占用您一点时间 |
[1:22:10] | Chad has something that he would really like to share with you. | 查德有件事非常想和您分享 |
[1:22:13] | All right, please, why don’t you just take a moment, | 好吧 拜托 您能花一点时间 |
[1:22:15] | all right, and hear him out. | 听他读完吗 |
[1:22:16] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:22:19] | Of course I will. | 当然可以 |
[1:22:22] | – Yeah? – Okay. | -好了吗 -好吧 |
[1:22:26] | Good afternoon, Dr. Tassone. How was your weekend? | 下午好 塔索内博士 您周末过得怎么样 |
[1:22:28] | Good, I hope. I’d like to talk to you today | 希望您愉快 我今天想跟您谈谈 |
[1:22:31] | about the OMNI program that you are running. | 您管理的实验班 |
[1:22:32] | Wait, I thought we already discussed the subject of OMNI last fall. | 等等 我们去年秋天已经谈过这件事了 |
[1:22:35] | Oh, yeah, no, Militzok gave him the make-up test | 是的 米利措克让他补考了 |
[1:22:37] | but she made it harder to spite him. | 但是她加大了难度来为难他 |
[1:22:39] | And no third grader could pass that test. | 没有哪个三年级学生能通过那个考试 |
[1:22:41] | All right, well, I guess I’ll just have to look into it. | 好的 我想我得调查一下 |
[1:22:43] | Chad, why don’t you just finish reading for Dr. Tassone? | 查德 你给塔索内博士读完吧 |
[1:22:45] | – Okay. – Uh-huh. | -好的 -嗯 |
[1:22:48] | I very much hope that you will still consider me | 我真心希望您能考虑让我 |
[1:22:50] | for this amazing program. | 进这个实验班 |
[1:22:51] | I believe I am very bright and could benefit | 我相信我很聪明 因此可以 |
[1:22:54] | from learning thusly at an ack… | 从加… |
[1:22:58] | – ack… – Okay, sound that out. | -加… -把那个念出来 |
[1:23:00] | acc… acc… | 加…加… |
[1:23:01] | – Accelerated? – Mm-hmm, that’s right. | -加速 -嗯 是的 |
[1:23:04] | Dr. Tassone. You hear what Dr. Tassone said? | 塔索内博士 你听到塔索内博士说的了 |
[1:23:06] | Okay, all right, start again from the beginning of the paragraph. | 好的 从这段开头再来一遍 |
[1:23:10] | Good afternoon, Dr. Tassone. How was your weekend? | 下午好 塔索内博士 您周末过得怎么样 |
[1:23:12] | – Good, I hope. – Oh, no, no, let’s, let’s skip | -我希望您愉快 -不不不 就跳到 |
[1:23:14] | to that trouble sentence there, Chad. | 有问题的那个句子 查德 |
[1:23:15] | That’s okay. All right, yeah, take your time. | 也行 好吧 慢慢来 |
[1:23:17] | From… | 从… |
[1:23:19] | I believe I am very bright and could benefit | 我相信我很聪明 因此可以 |
[1:23:22] | from learning thusly at an ack… | 从加… |
[1:23:25] | – Accelerated. – “Ackselated”? | -加速 -“加组” |
[1:23:28] | Accelerated. | 加速 |
[1:23:30] | – “Arrelicated”? – Ac-celerated. | -“加足” -加 速 |
[1:23:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:23:39] | Do you like race cars, Chad? | 你喜欢赛车吗 查德 |
[1:23:42] | Yeah? Okay. | 喜欢吗 好的 |
[1:23:48] | Let’s say you’re in a racecar. | 假设你坐在赛车里 |
[1:23:50] | All right, here, you don’t need that. | 好了 这样 不用那个了 |
[1:23:54] | You’re in a racecar. | 你坐在赛车里 |
[1:23:56] | First place at the Indy 500 | 处于印第安纳波利斯五百英里大奖赛的领先位置 |
[1:23:59] | with, with all the sponsorships in the world. | 世界上所有的赞助商都来了 |
[1:24:02] | The wind is in your hair and you’re feeling just great, | 风吹过你的头发 你感觉很棒 |
[1:24:05] | and all of a sudden, you feel this thing behind you | 突然间 你感到后面有东西追上来 |
[1:24:08] | digging into your fender, | 快碰上你的挡泥板 |
[1:24:09] | and you look into the mirror, right. | 然后你朝后视镜一看 |
[1:24:10] | And there’s this hook. | 有一个挂钩 |
[1:24:11] | There’s a hook in your fender dug in real good, | 你的挡泥板上有个挂钩 |
[1:24:14] | and it’s connected to a… a long metal rope | 挂钩上绑着一条长长的金属绳 |
[1:24:16] | and at the end of that rope | 绳子的末端 |
[1:24:17] | is, well, it’s a massive five-ton cinder block. | 绑着巨大的五吨重的煤渣块 |
[1:24:20] | Okay, Chad? All right? | 知道吧 查德 对吧 |
[1:24:22] | So your job is driving. | 你的任务是开车 |
[1:24:24] | You’re Dale Earnhardt and here’s this cinder block, | 你是达勒·恩哈德 后面是煤渣块 |
[1:24:26] | and all the other cars are soaring past you and | 旁边所有的车飞奔而过 |
[1:24:28] | you’ve gone from first to last place | 你从第一位掉到了最后一位 |
[1:24:30] | and you keep thinking to yourself, | 你就不停地想 |
[1:24:31] | “What the hell do I have to do to get this thing off my back?” | 我到底要怎么做才能甩掉后面这玩意 |
[1:24:33] | Well, I’ll tell you, Chad. It’s real simple. | 好的 我告诉你 查德 很简单 |
[1:24:34] | You just put your foot on the gas real hard | 你的脚就使劲踩油门 |
[1:24:37] | and you accelerate, | 你加快速度 |
[1:24:39] | you accelerate so fast that rope snaps in two, | 你加快速度 绳子就会断成两截 |
[1:24:41] | the cinder block explodes, | 煤渣就爆了 |
[1:24:43] | and just say it with me, Chad. | 跟我一起说 查德 |
[1:24:44] | Accelerate. Accelerate. Accelerate. | 加速 加速 加速 |
[1:24:47] | – Accelerate? – Yes. | -加速 -对了 |
[1:24:50] | – Okay. – Yes! | -好了 -很好 |
[1:24:52] | What, what is your problem, huh? | 你脑子有问题吧 |
[1:24:56] | My problem? | 我有问题 |
[1:24:59] | My problem is you. | 你就是我的问题 |
[1:25:01] | Carol, it’s, it’s, it’s the people who | 卡萝尔 是你这种 |
[1:25:04] | who trot their poor children out like racehorses at Belmont. | 像溜赛马一样拿孩子攀比的人 |
[1:25:07] | – Excuse me? – Who derive some perverse joy | -你说什么 -是你这种 |
[1:25:09] | out of treating us like low-level service reps. | 通过支使我们获取变态满足感的人 |
[1:25:12] | – Okay… – I mean, do you remember the teachers who sat with you, | -够了 -你还记得坐在你身边 |
[1:25:15] | who held you by the hand, | 握着你的手 |
[1:25:16] | – who taught you to add. – No. | -教你加法的老师吗 -别说了 |
[1:25:18] | And subtract, or showed you Gatsby, | 还有减法 带你读《了不起的盖茨比》 |
[1:25:20] | Salinger for the first time. “Mockingbird,” even. | 塞林格的书 甚至是《杀死一只知更鸟》 |
[1:25:23] | Do, do their names escape you? | 你忘了他们的名字吗 |
[1:25:24] | – Are their faces a blur? – Okay. | -他们长什么样 -够了 |
[1:25:26] | No, you listen to me! | 不 你给我听好 |
[1:25:29] | You don’t wanna see us as people | 你不想把我们当人对待 |
[1:25:31] | because that is not convenient for you. | 因为那对你来说不够便利 |
[1:25:33] | You just leave us behind at will. | 你用完了就把我们抛到脑后 |
[1:25:37] | Never think about us again. | 再也想不起来 |
[1:25:39] | All right, you might forget, but we don’t. | 懂吗 你可能会忘 但我们不会 |
[1:25:42] | We never forget, ever. | 我们永远不会忘 |
[1:25:48] | What’s wrong with him? | 他怎么了 |
[1:25:50] | You know what, I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[1:25:51] | I don’t think anything’s wrong. | 我觉得没怎么 |
[1:25:52] | We’re gonna get some food and we’re gonna go home, okay? | 我们去吃点东西 然后就回家 好吗 |
[1:25:56] | All right. | 好 |
[1:25:58] | You should be ashamed of yourself. | 你应该感到羞耻 |
[1:26:33] | Two beach front homes in Florida and the Hamptons. | 在佛州和汉普敦的两处海滨别墅 |
[1:26:35] | Five Yamaha Jet-Skis. Luxury cars. | 五辆雅马哈水上摩托 豪车 |
[1:26:39] | Vacations to Brazil, Puerto Rico, Hawaii. | 去巴西 波多黎各 夏威夷度假 |
[1:26:46] | Electronics, jewelry and artwork. | 电子产品 首饰和艺术品 |
[1:26:50] | Dog food. | 狗粮 |
[1:26:51] | Is my lawyer here yet? | 我的律师到了吗 |
[1:26:52] | You’re going away for a long time, Pam. | 你要把牢底坐穿了 帕姆 |
[1:26:54] | And not just you. | 而且不只是你 |
[1:26:54] | We’ve got enough here to indict the whole family. | 我们有足够的证据起诉你全家 |
[1:26:56] | Don’t you talk about them. | 别把他们扯进来 |
[1:26:57] | And poor Jim especially. | 尤其是可怜的吉姆 |
[1:26:59] | Just gettin’ back on his feet and all. | 刚刚振作起来 |
[1:27:02] | You have any idea what the job market looks like | 你知道这年头有前科的人 |
[1:27:04] | these days for ex-cons? | 找工作有多难吗 |
[1:27:10] | You know… | 这样吧 |
[1:27:12] | it may not be too late for you to save them. | 也许你还来得及救他们 |
[1:27:15] | Save your son. | 救你儿子 |
[1:27:27] | What are you doing here? | 你来做什么 |
[1:27:30] | I wanted to see you. | 我想见你了 |
[1:27:35] | You don’t have work? | 你不用上班吗 |
[1:27:37] | I quit. | 我辞职了 |
[1:27:41] | – When? – Today. | -什么时候 -就今天 |
[1:27:44] | I just… | 我就… |
[1:27:45] | just got on a plane and now I’m here. | 直接上了飞机 现在我来了 |
[1:27:48] | And I… I’m not leaving again. | 我再也不走了 |
[1:28:55] | Dance. | 来跳舞 |
[1:28:57] | – Dance with me, Frank. – No, no. | -来跟我跳舞 弗兰克 -不 不要 |
[1:29:02] | A little move, come on. | 跳一会 来吧 |
[1:29:05] | Come on. | 来嘛 |
[1:29:06] | Please. | 请 |
[1:29:09] | There we go. | 这就对了 |
[1:29:10] | Drink down, drink down. | 酒放下 酒放下 |
[1:29:18] | Okay. | 好了 |
[1:29:20] | What? | 什么 |
[1:29:33] | – Shake it up, shake it. – No. | -动起来 动起来 -不要 |
[1:29:43] | Come on! | 来嘛 |
[1:30:54] | They don’t need to watch. | 没必要当着他们的面 |
[1:31:39] | There’s $30,000 in the top drawer of the dresser. | 柜子最上面的抽屉里有三万美元 |
[1:31:44] | What? | 什么 |
[1:31:45] | Okay, if you’re careful, you can make it last a year. | 如果你省着花 能撑一年 |
[1:31:48] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[1:31:49] | What you’ve got in you is so special | 你的天赋独一无二 |
[1:31:53] | that you can’t ever, ever let anyone take it away from you | 你永远不能让任何人夺走它 |
[1:31:57] | or exploit it. | 或者利用它 |
[1:31:58] | What the hell… | 什么… |
[1:32:00] | You really, you really… | 你真的 真的… |
[1:32:02] | – …is happening right now? – You don’t want me here. | -搞什么 -跟我在一起对你没好处 |
[1:32:04] | You’re under arrest for a warrant out of the state of New York. | 你因纽约州的逮捕令被捕了 |
[1:32:06] | Please step out of the car. | 请下车 |
[1:32:07] | Frank, what the hell is happening right now? | 弗兰克 到底怎么回事 |
[1:32:10] | Sir, I need your hands on the dash. | 先生 把双手放在仪表盘上 |
[1:32:11] | Frank, what the hell is happening right now? | 弗兰克 到底怎么回事 |
[1:32:13] | You don’t know me. | 你不了解我 |
[1:32:14] | – Frank! – Okay, I’m no good. | -弗兰克 -我不是好人 |
[1:32:17] | All this time | 这么久以来 |
[1:32:17] | I’ve been lying to you and everyone else. | 我一直在骗你 骗所有人 |
[1:32:19] | – I’m a liar. – Now! | -我是个骗子 -快点 |
[1:32:20] | Put your hands on the dash now. | 快把手放在仪表盘上 |
[1:32:21] | Do what… Frank, do what they say, now. | 快点 弗兰克 照他们说的做 |
[1:32:23] | – Get out of the car. – I’m sorry. | -下车 -对不起 |
[1:32:25] | – No, no, no. – Out of the car. | -不 不 -下车 |
[1:32:28] | Frank! | 弗兰克 |
[1:32:29] | – No, sir, stand back, sir, stop. – Frank! | -不 先生 别过来 -弗兰克 |
[1:32:32] | He’s not doing anything. Leave him alone. | 他什么都没做 别碰他 |
[1:32:34] | Frank, Frank! | 弗兰克 弗兰克 |
[1:32:36] | Shit. | 靠 |
[1:32:37] | Frank, Frank, Frank! | 弗兰克 弗兰克 弗兰克 |
[1:32:44] | We printed, | 我们印了 |
[1:32:48] | pamphlets for the school district. | 学区的宣传册 |
[1:32:51] | Handbooks and such. | 手册之类的 |
[1:32:52] | We? | “我们” |
[1:32:54] | Me. | 只有我 |
[1:32:57] | WordPower was just me. | 言辞力量只有我一个员工 |
[1:33:00] | No partners. | 没有合伙人 |
[1:33:03] | I only ask because | 我这么问是因为 |
[1:33:04] | it looks like half your corporation’s earnings | 你公司一半的收入 |
[1:33:06] | were transferred over to one Francis A. Tassone. | 似乎都转至弗朗西斯·A·塔索内名下了 |
[1:33:14] | You can’t make me. | 你不能逼我 |
[1:33:17] | No, you, you can’t… | 你不能 |
[1:33:20] | make me testify against my spouse. | 逼我指证我的配偶 |
[1:33:26] | Spouse? | 配偶 |
[1:33:29] | We’re domestic partners. | 我们是同居伴侣 |
[1:33:34] | We’ve been together 33 years. | 我们已经在一起三十三年了 |
[1:33:38] | We’re entitled to federal protections. | 我们有权得到联邦保护 |
[1:33:40] | Are you legally wed? | 你们正式结婚了吗 |
[1:33:46] | You know something? | 我想起来了 |
[1:33:48] | Everybody we spoke to said Tassone | 我们问询过的人都说塔索内 |
[1:33:50] | did talk about a spouse, a wife. | 提起过他有个配偶 老婆 |
[1:33:52] | But that she’d been dead for some time. | 但她已经去世很久了 |
[1:33:54] | Thirty-odd years or something. | 三十多年了 |
[1:33:55] | You remember that, the bridal photo he had on his desk. | 你记得吧 他桌上那张新娘照片 |
[1:33:58] | We ever get a name on her? | 我们查出她的名字了吗 |
[1:34:00] | Stop it. | 别说了 |
[1:34:04] | Stop what? | 别说什么 |
[1:34:06] | I mean, you must have seen it, too. | 你肯定也见过吧 |
[1:34:09] | I’m sure you were over by his office all the time | 你肯定经常去他的办公室 |
[1:34:11] | what with that $800,000 job you were doing for the school. | 毕竟你每年承接学校八十万美元的工作 |
[1:34:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:34:22] | Let’s try another avenue. | 我们换个话题 |
[1:34:26] | Were you aware… | 你是否知道 |
[1:34:29] | that your partner… | 你的伴侣 |
[1:34:31] | closed on a property in Nevada earlier this year | 今年早些时候在内华达州买了一处房产 |
[1:34:35] | with another man? | 和另一个男人一起 |
[1:34:53] | He’s a dancer. | 他是个舞者 |
[1:35:49] | A terrible thing happened here. | 这里发生了一件可怕的事 |
[1:35:51] | And it’s not just the money. | 而且不仅是钱的问题 |
[1:35:52] | It’s about trust in our schools. | 问题是对学校的信任 |
[1:35:54] | The integrity of our institutions. | 制度的廉正 |
[1:35:56] | I don’t know how we ever recover from this. | 我不知道怎么才能从这件事中恢复过来 |
[1:35:58] | It was never the same between the parents and teachers. | 家长和老师间的关系不复以往 |
[1:36:01] | They treated us differently after that. | 事发后他们对我们的态度就变了 |
[1:36:03] | Like we knew. | 好像我们知情 |
[1:36:05] | Like we had any idea at all. | 好像我们知情不报一样 |
[1:36:07] | Of course we wish we would have found out about this earlier. | 我们当然希望能早点发现问题 |
[1:36:09] | You know, when things are going well, | 但是一帆风顺的时候 |
[1:36:11] | who wants to go huntin’ for problems? | 谁想没事找事呢 |
[1:36:20] | He went out of his way. | 他不辞辛劳 |
[1:36:22] | If we ever needed anything from him | 如果你需要任何帮助 |
[1:36:24] | he was there with a smile. | 他总是笑脸相迎 |
[1:36:26] | So we were all happy. | 所以大家都顺心 |
[1:36:29] | So we didn’t ask questions. | 所以没人质疑 |
[1:36:30] | So you have this, this liar and his boyfriend | 于是这个骗子和他的男友 |
[1:36:34] | trotting around in the city in God knows what. | 在这个城市里闲庭若步 |
[1:36:38] | He just pulled the wool over our eyes. | 他蒙蔽了我们的双眼 |
[1:36:40] | You know, what can I say? It’s sick, it is. | 我还能说什么 真的很恶心 |
[1:36:42] | You think back over the smaller moments, | 回想起过去那么多年的 |
[1:36:45] | over the years where he just seemed… | 一些细节 他给人… |
[1:36:49] | I don’t know, he just seemed so real. | 我说不好 他给人感觉很真诚 |
[1:36:51] | So real. | 很真诚 |
[1:36:55] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:37:07] | No, I know. I know you do. | 没事 我知道 我懂 |
[1:38:37] | The outgoing seniors. | 即将毕业的高三学生 |
[1:38:39] | They’re going to the Ivy League in unprecedented numbers. | 考进常春藤院校的人数打破了记录 |
[1:38:43] | It was the first year on record | 这是史上第一次 |
[1:38:46] | that we had admission offers from each school | 考进每所院校的人数 |
[1:38:50] | going up! | 都增多了 |
[1:38:53] | And what changed? | 到底是什么原因 |
[1:38:55] | What makes our little public school | 是什么让我们这所小小的公立学校 |
[1:38:57] | so different from all the others like ours on Long Island? | 在长岛的众多学校中鹤立鸡群 |
[1:39:00] | Let alone in the country at large. | 更不要提全国范围了 |
[1:39:04] | At the end of the day, | 说到底 |
[1:39:06] | I think it boils down to integrity. | 我认为关键是廉正 |
[1:39:10] | Integrity in our faculty, | 我们的教员 |
[1:39:12] | in our classrooms and curriculum, | 我们的课程 |
[1:39:15] | and our approach to a broad-minded, hands-on education. | 以及我们亲力亲为 思维开阔的教学理念的廉正 |
[1:39:21] | That’s all the stuff that gets thrown around all the time, sure. | 诚然 这些口号都被喊烂了 |
[1:39:25] | But never in my career | 但在我的职业生涯中 |
[1:39:27] | have I seen such passion for all these factors. | 我从未见过对这些素质的这种热情 |
[1:39:31] | And then, paired with the willingness to think big. | 然后再加上着眼大局的意识 |
[1:39:38] | You know why you’re here. | 你们知道自己为何而来 |
[1:39:40] | You know what this means for our town. | 你们知道这对我们镇的意义 |
[1:39:43] | But I’m gonna tell you about one man who’s a hero | 但我要向你们介绍一位英雄 |
[1:39:47] | without whom none of this would be possible. | 没有他这一切都不可能实现 |
[1:39:50] | You don’t get to number one overnight. | 拿第一不可一蹴而就 |
[1:39:52] | It takes years of hard work. | 要花费多年的心血 |
[1:39:55] | And this is really a man | 而这是一个 |
[1:39:56] | who knows what it means to work together. | 真正懂得合作的男人 |
[1:40:03] | Before Frank Tassone… | 弗兰克·塔索内上任之前 |
[1:40:07] | There was no community service. | 没有社区服务 |
[1:40:10] | There was no public outreach. | 没有公众宣传 |
[1:40:12] | There was no SkyWalk. | 没有天桥 |
[1:40:14] | This is a man who has given the school so much. | 这个男人为学校奉献了太多 |
[1:40:17] | Magnificent. | 干得漂亮 |
[1:40:20] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[1:40:21] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[1:40:22] | please join me in welcoming the man | 请和我一起欢迎他上台 |
[1:40:25] | who whipped our kids’ schools into shape | 他重整了我们的孩子们的学校 |
[1:40:28] | and got us all the way to number one! | 让我们登上了第一 |
[1:40:43] | You did it, Frank. | 你成功了 弗兰克 |
[1:41:05] | Number one, number one, number one! | 第一 第一 第一 |
[1:41:39] | 弗兰克·塔索内被判从罗斯林学区盗窃220万美元 并被判处四至十二年有期徒刑 | |
[1:41:46] | 帕梅拉·格卢金承认挪用公款430万美元 并作证指控塔索内 她被判处三至九年有期徒刑 | |
[1:41:51] | 罗斯林学区总共被盗1100万美元 使本案成为美国历史上最大的学校盗窃案 | |
[1:42:03] | 《纽约时报》 《新闻日报》以及三州地区的 所有报纸都报道了这一丑闻 | |
[1:42:08] | 但都是在罗斯林高中的校报 《山峰灯塔》捅破新闻之后 |