Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

星际之门亚特兰蒂斯(Stargate: Atlantis)第5季第16集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 8, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯(Stargate: Atlantis)第5季第16集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
时间 英文 中文
[00:03] you sure you don’t want to spend your leavegoing back to earthlike mckay and the others? 你确定你不和McKay他们一起回地球放假?
[00:06] nah,sgc doesn’t have a zpm, 不了 SGC没有ZMP
[00:08] so two weeks on earthmeans three weeks cooped up in the daedalus. 为了在地球上待两周 还得在Daedalus上熬三周
[00:11] that’s five weeks of missing work. 那就要欠下五周的工作
[00:13] we only get one of those every year-and-a-half, 我们每隔一年半才能放这么一次假
[00:14] so i’d like to save mine for something more special. 所以我一定要干些特别的事
[00:16] so we’re going camping instead? 所以我们就应该去露营吗?
[00:18] on a beach that’s never been surfed or even touched. 从来没有人在那片海滩上冲过浪 甚至可能都没人去过
[00:20] you gotta get more excited about this. 你应该感到非常兴奋才是
[00:24] hey,check that out. 嘿 看看那边
[00:25] what? 什么?
[00:27] think he’ll ever make a move? 你觉得他有可能会行动吗?
[00:30] who cares? 谁管那?
[00:35] say… 这么说吧…
[00:36] i know we only get 14 days on earth a year,and you miss your dad and all… 我知道我们一年只能在地球上呆14天 而且你肯定很想念你的爸爸…
[00:42] but… 但是?
[00:43] see,one of my old–a guy who was doing his doctorateat the same time as me, 我的一个老… 一个和我一起读博的人
[00:47] he’s giving a big secret presentationabout some new thing that he’s working on, 正好要做一个大型秘密演讲 介绍他在做的一个新东西
[00:51] and everyone and anyone in the physics communityis going to be there. 而且物理界所有的人都会出现在那
[00:54] and…well… 而且… 嗯…
[00:56] see,the thing isthere’s this perception out therethat i’m,um… 事情是这样… 地球上有人认为我…
[01:02] like,a washout,recluse… 落伍了 隐居了之类的
[01:04] why? 为什么?
[01:05] well,’cause i do this for a living. 因为我在这里工作
[01:06] i mean,super double tip-top secret stuff. 做的都是些超级机密之类的事情
[01:08] i mean,i haven’t published a paperin nearly a decade– 我差不多有10年没有发表过一篇论文了
[01:10] not one that can be read by the general public– 至少没有一篇能被公众读到
[01:12] and i’m kind of hard to get ahold of,what with living in another galaxy and all. 而且我住在另一个星系 要联系上我也很不容易
[01:15] yeah,i know what that’s like. 嗯 我知道那是什么个感觉
[01:16] exactly.they think i’m a shut-in. 没错 他们以为我不敢出门了
[01:18] so… 所以…
[01:19] i was thinking… 我在想…
[01:20] that if i was to,say,show up… 如果我能带着…
[01:23] with a woman… 一位女士出现
[01:27] a– a beautiful woman… 一位非常漂亮的女士
[01:29] that they wouldn’t maybe–not think that i was… 也许这样他们… 就不会认为我是…
[01:34] like,a complete loser. 嗯… 一个彻头彻尾的失败者
[01:36] like,it would be one day,the first night we were there, 只要一天就好了 我们在那呆一个晚上
[01:38] and then you could be off to chippewa falls. 第二天你就可以回Chippewa Falls
[01:40] i mean,it could be fun. 嗯 可能会蛮有意思的
[01:42] well,let’s see–a room full of physicists, 我们来看看啊… 一个房间里充满了物理学家
[01:45] a long-winded presentationi probably won’t understand… 加上一个冗长的无法理解的演讲
[01:50] yeah,doesn’t really sound like fun. 嗯 这听上去还真有趣啊
[01:52] well,there’ll be drinks,probably,and maybe those little sandwiches… 啊 但那儿会有吃的喝的…
[01:55] and… 还有…
[01:56] me. 我
[01:57] i’ll be there. 我会在那
[01:59] you don’t have to fabricate all these reasonson why you need me to be with you. 你不用制造出这么多理由来和我在一起
[02:03] you could just ask me out on a date. 你直接约我出去就好了
[02:06] hey,i didn’t want to–i mean,i know you– 但我不想… 我是说 我知道你…
[02:08] i’ll probably say yes. 我很可能会同意的
[02:12] well,you…want to go to this thing with me? 那 你… 想和我一起去吗?
[02:14] sure. 当然
[02:17] i’d love to. 我很乐意
[02:18] well,i’d love– i mean,that’s–good. 那 我也很… 我是说那好极了
[02:20] good.great.that’s– 很好 太好了 这算…
[02:21] it’s a date. 一次约会
[02:23] it’s a date. 一次约会
[02:24] so what’s the presentation? 那么那个演讲是关于什么的?
[02:25] i don’t know. 我不知道
[02:27] he doesn’t want to tell anyone until we all get there,but if i know this guy, 他要等大家都到了才会说 不过我很了解他
[02:30] it’ll be,uh,you know,first-class presentation… 肯定是一流的演讲 不过是关于…
[02:33] with,like,second-rate science. 你知道 二流的科学
[02:35] probably some minor adjustment to someone else’s work,but the food’ll be good. 很有可能是对别人的成果做个小调整 不过那里的东西会很好吃
[02:40] and the company. 陪我的人也很好
[02:53] malcolm,have you read this? Malcolm 你读过这个了嘛?
[02:55] yes. 读过了
[02:56] your staff thinks it’s recklessto turn this thing on tomorrow. 你的手下认为 你明天就启动这东西是很鲁莽的
[02:59] someof my staff… 只是一部分人而已
[03:01] Malcolm… malcolm…
[03:03] they’re just getting cold feet,that’s all. 他们只是害怕了而已
[03:05] do you rember all that stuff that came outbefore cern turned on the lhc? 你还记得CERN启动LHC(大型强子对撞机) 之前发生的那么多事吗?
[03:09] you know,miniature black holes,exotic particles,strangelets, 就是那些小黑洞说咯 宇宙射线说咯 还有奇异夸克团说咯
[03:13] the instantaneous destruction of the planet? 甚至瞬间星球毁灭说
[03:16] all unfounded histrionics. 全都是没有根据的瞎掰
[03:19] we are going to be just fine. 我们不会出问题的
[03:20] so you’re sayingnone of these potential catastrophes will happen? 你是说这些可能的事故都不会发生?
[03:23] well,there is always the slight possibilitythat something might go wrong. 啊 总是有一个很小的可能性 会出一点问题
[03:30] the cause has a lot riding on this. 这个事业很大程度上就看明天了
[03:32] don’t worry about it.your precious “cause”will come out of this squeaky clean tomorrow. 别担心 你那伟大的”事业” 绝对不会受到影响的
[03:35] some of these worst-case scenariosare terrifying– 但有他们设想的一些最坏情况非常恐怖
[03:38] of course they’re terrifying–they’re worst-case scenarios! 当然会很恐怖啦… 他们是最坏情况啊!
[03:41] they are the worst possible thingthat could ever happen,ever. 他们是有可能发生的最糟糕的情况
[03:47] tomorrow will come off without a hitch. 明天不会出什么问题的
[03:49] we’ve done hundreds of tests. 我们已经做了几百次试验
[03:51] there is zero possibility for failure. 失败的几率为0
[03:55] trust me. 相信我吧
[05:02] Brain Strom 头脑风暴
[05:11] this is exciting. 这真是令人兴奋啊
[05:13] well,it’s just a plane. 没什么 只是架飞机而已
[05:14] yeah,but i’ve never even flown first class. 但我连头等舱都没有坐过
[05:16] this is amazing. 这真是棒极了
[05:18] have you tried these strawberries? 你试过这些草莓了吗?
[05:19] when i was 10,i ate a bowl full of strawberriesand threw up. 我十岁的时候吃了一整盆草莓 然后全吐出来了
[05:22] i haven’t been able to stomach them since. 从那以后就没吃下去过一个
[05:24] how does this guy afford all this? 那个人怎么支付得起这些东西的?
[05:26] i thought he was just a physicist. 我以为他就是个物理学家
[05:27] well,he was always ableto dupe guys with deep pockets into backing his research. 他经常能骗有钱人赞助他的研究
[05:32] it’s amazing what a nice smile and a power point presentationwill get you. 你绝对想不到一张笑脸和一个PowerPoint 演讲能给你带来多少东西
[05:36] well,i am impressed. 我已经领教了
[05:38] yes,i can see that. 嗯 我能看得出来
[05:40] oh,come on.you should be happy for your friend’s success. 哦 好啦 你应该对你朋友的成就 感到高兴才对啊
[05:43] well,it’s more of an acquaintancethan a friend. 只能算认识吧 不算朋友
[05:45] acquaintances don’t pick you up in private planes. “只能算认识”的人可不会 派一架私人飞机来接你
[05:48] he didn’t send the jet to be nice. 他派这架飞机不是想表示好意
[05:50] he sent the jet to rub it in my face. 而是想抽我的脸
[05:52] i was always one step ahead of this guyduring school,and now that we’re in the “real world,” 在学校的时候我总是领先他一步 而现在我们回到了”现实世界”以后
[05:56] he wants to show me that,as far as most of the planet is concerned, 他想告诉我 至少按照大多星球的标准
[05:58] he’s a lot more successful than i am. 他比我要成功的多
[06:01] and what is with the evening attire? 还有穿这个晚礼服是要干吗?
[06:02] i mean,we’re going to a science talk,for god’s sake. 我们这可是去参加科学讲座啊
[06:04] who the hell does he think he is? 他以为他是什么人啊?
[06:06] is this what the whole day will be like? 难道我们今天就要这么度过?
[06:08] are you going to be in a bad mood? 难道你一整天就会这样闷闷不乐的?
[06:10] no. 不会
[06:11] ’cause we’re back on earth on a private jet,drinking expensive champagne, 我们现在可是在地球上 坐着私人飞机 喝着昂贵的香槟…
[06:15] and your date’s wearing a fancy dress. 而且你的女伴还穿着很漂亮的衣服
[06:18] most people would be having a good time,rodney. 大多数人在这种情况下会很尽兴的 Rodney
[06:21] you’re right. 你说的没错
[06:22] you’re right… 你说的没错…
[06:44] McKay mckay.
[06:45] dr.rodney mckay. Rodney McKay博士
[06:47] dr.jennifer keller. 还有Jennifer Keller医生
[06:48] yes.welcome. 好的 欢迎
[06:50] i’ll just need you bothto sign this non-disclosure and confidentiality agreement. 我需要你们两个人签署这个保密协议
[06:55] you’re not serious. 你不是认真的吧
[06:56] is there a problem,sir? 有什么问题吗 先生?
[06:58] this whole thing is a confidentiality agreement? 这整个是一份保密协议?
[07:01] yes,sir. 是的 先生
[07:02] what could they possibly be doing back therethat needs to be kept 200 pages secret? 他们在后面搞的到底是什么东西 需要200多页的保密协议?
[07:05] if you want to go inside,sir,you need to sign the agreement. 先生 如果你想进去 你就要签署这个协议
[07:10] dinosaurs? 恐龙吗?
[07:12] excuse me? 什么?
[07:14] do they have living dinosaurs back there? 他们里面是有活的恐龙吗?
[07:15] because i’ll sign thisif he’s brought dinosaurs back to life. 如果他让恐龙复活了的话我就签
[07:17] but short of that,he is out of his mindif he thinks that i am going to pretend 但如果没有的话 他做梦都不要想我会…
[07:20] that whatever discovery he’s madeis so important and so secret 为了他的什么这么重要 这么保密的发现
[07:23] that i have to sign the unabridged worksof william shakespeare here. 而去签一个非简化版的 莎士比亚作品的作品
[07:26] just sign it. 你就签啦
[07:29] here you go. 好了
[07:32] you’re just lucky the lady’s here,aren’t you? 有位女士在这 算你走运
[07:52] where do you think we are? 你觉得我们在哪里?
[07:53] i don’t know.arizona?nevada? 我不知道 亚利桑那? 内华达?
[07:56] i didn’t thinkpeople even built secret facilities anymore. 我以为人们不再建造秘密基地了呢
[07:57] it seems so 1950s. 感觉好像50年代
[08:00] Rodney McKay? rodney mckay?
[08:03] i had it on good authority that you were dead. 我本来很确信你已经死了呢
[08:06] oh,ha ha. 哦 哈哈
[08:07] and this would be your… 这位是你的…
[08:08] sister? 妹妹?
[08:09] no,no,neil. 不 不 Neil
[08:10] she’s not my sister. 她不是我妹妹
[08:11] this is jennifer keller. 这是Jennifer Keller
[08:13] that’s bill nye and neil degrasse tyson. 这是Bill Nye和Neil deGrasse Tyson (两位均是知名科普节目主持人)
[08:17] you know,from television. 你知道 就是电视上的那个
[08:19] yeah,uh– of course. 啊 当然
[08:22] very nice to meet you. 很高兴见到你
[08:23] no,pleasure’s mine. 不 应该是我的荣幸
[08:24] and she’s taken,neil. 不过她已经有伴了 Neil
[08:25] no,no,i didn’t mean it that way– 不 不 我不是那个意思…
[08:26] neil likes to steal things from me, Neil总喜欢偷我的东西
[08:28] things like women and theoretical physics ideas. 比如说女人还有理论物理学上的点子
[08:30] yeah,but who hasn’t stolen an ideafrom the great rodney mckay? 嗯 但是谁没有从伟大的 Rodney McKay那里偷过点子呢?
[08:34] oh,so we admit it now. 哦 你们承认了
[08:35] see,back in the day,whenever any one of these people came up with a new ideaor published a new paper,dr. 你知道 从前 一旦有什么人 想出一个新点子或者发表一篇新论文
[08:41] mckay here would swearthat he was already working on something very similar, McKay博士总称他已经在研究 一个很类似的东西
[08:44] just hadn’t gotten around to publishing it yet. 只不过还没有来得及发表什么东西
[08:46] he’d say things like,”i was about to say that very same thing,”or,” 他总是说 “我要说的就和他说得一样” 或者
[08:49] i was just about to havethat same idea. “我就要想到一个一样的点子”
[08:52] “at least i didn’t declassify pluto from planet status. 至少我没有剥夺冥王星行星的地位
[08:54] way to make all the little kids cry,neil. 把那些小孩都弄哭了
[08:56] that make you feel like a big man? 你就觉得你是一个大人了 Neil?
[08:57] see,thanks to dr.tyson,pluto is now the first of the plutoids, 但是 由于Tyson博士的工作 冥王星现在成了第一个类冥矮行星
[09:02] a new class of celestial object.it’s cool. 一种新的天体分类 这很酷
[09:04] come on,rodney.it’s the 21st century. 好了 Rodney 这都21世纪了
[09:07] actually,come to think of it,when was the last time you even published a paper? 这样一想 Rodney 你上次发表论文是什么时候了?
[09:09] the ’80s? 80年代吗?
[09:10] it hasn’t been that long. 没有那么久
[09:12] i think i was listeningto that band a flock of seagullswhile i was reading it. 我读你那篇论文的时候 我还在听A Flock of Seagull乐队的歌呢
[09:16] actually,it might have been pre-reagan. 事实上 可能是在里根总统上台之前
[09:18] well,it has been great running into you guys. 啊 很高兴能碰到你们
[09:20] we should maybe get our seats. 我们也许应该去找个位子了
[09:22] bye. 再见
[09:26] they can’t possibly be dating. 他们不可能在约会吧?
[09:28] i know. 对啊
[09:29] well,you’re married,so… 嗯 你已经结婚了 那…
[09:31] dibs. 轮到我了
[09:33] she’s all yours. 她是你的了
[09:39] i think maybe this was a bad idea. 我觉得这可能不是个好主意
[09:41] why? 为什么?
[09:42] well,i just rememberedi don’t really like these people. 我刚想起来我其实不喜欢这些人
[09:46] is it that you don’t like them,or maybe they don’t like you? 是你不喜欢他们还是他们不喜欢你?
[09:50] possibly.i mean,i used to be a little… 可能是吧 我是说我以前有点…
[09:54] abrasive? 尖刻?
[09:55] oh,used to be. 哦 “以前”
[09:56] it’s hard to explain. 这个很难解释
[09:57] my field is very competive. 我学的这门竞争很激烈的
[10:01] yeah,i went to med schoolfor six years. 我上了6年的医学院
[10:02] i wouldn’t know anything about that. 你以为我这门竞争不激烈吗?
[10:05] right. 也有道理
[10:06] not everythinghas to be a competition,rodney. Rodney 不是每件事都需要竞争的
[10:08] they know how smart you are. 他们都知道你很聪明
[10:10] i’m not sure they do. 这点我就不敢保证了
[10:10] of course they do. 他们都是通情达理的人
[10:12] you don’t have to keep reminding them. 你没必要不停的证明你的才华
[10:14] it’s called being humble. 做人要懂得谦虚
[10:16] have you heard that word before? 你总听说过”谦虚”这词吧?
[10:19] look,we’re on our first dateand i’ve come to a physics talk,okay? 我们第一次约会 我就陪你来听物理讲座
[10:23] you have to bend a little bit too. 你就不能迁就我吗?
[10:26] humble,eh? 表现的谦虚点 对不?
[10:27] i’ll guess i can try anything once. 我觉得凡事都可以试试
[10:38] earth… 地球…
[10:40] our home,our planet,the very vessel of life. 我们的家园 充满生命的地方
[10:45] our world– unique,irreplaceable. 我们独特并无法替代的家园
[10:49] and yet,at times,it seems like we are unrelentingin our quest 而在多数时间里 我们毫无止境的发展
[10:54] to drive our ecosystem into catastrophic failure. 将导致整个生态系统的彻底崩溃
[10:59] gone unchecked,global warming will transform this lush world we know today 如果继续下去的话 温室效应 将把这个蔚蓝的星球
[11:05] into a lifeless and arid rock. 转变成一个毫无人烟的地方
[11:08] friends,the stakes couldn’t be higher,the situation no more dire. 各位朋友们 这危机已刻不容缓了
[11:14] it’s time… 是我们采取行动
[11:16] to act. 的时候了
[11:19] hello. 大家好
[11:20] i’m malcolm tunney. 我是Malcolm Tunney
[11:23] if he’s so worried about global warming,why did he fly us here on a private jet 如果他真关心温室效应 为何他会
[11:27] that spews out more co2 than sweden? 用私人飞机来接我们?
[11:31] thank you very much. 多谢各位的来临
[11:32] very kind. 令敝人无限感激
[11:33] as many of you know,i am not an environmental scientist,nor do i pretend to be one. 你们都知道 我不是个环境学家 我也从不假装我是个环境学家
[11:39] for instance,i shower regularly. 举例来说 我经常洗澡
[11:44] no offense,larry. 希望你不介意 Larry
[11:48] i’m just a concerned citizen,one who realizes that the earth has carried us for so long, 我只是个有责任感的人 我认识到地球已造福我们很长时间了
[11:52] maybe it’s time that we carried her. 也许是时候我们该回报她了
[11:56] that ratio would be accurateif his body was the size of his ego. 如果他的身体有他的野心那么大的话 这个比例就对了
[11:58] yeah,it’s a little much. 他的确有点夸张了点
[12:01] solving a problem like global warmingmay seem impossibly complex. 解决温室效应也许看来极为艰难
[12:05] so many nations,so many corporations,and john q.publicwill have to agree on a dizzying number of issues. 涉及到多个国家 公司和所有大众 要在在非常多的问题上达成一致
[12:12] so,then,what can one person really doto make a difference? 你会问 单凭一人之力能有何作为呢?
[12:16] what can i,with my particular and unique skill set,do to help? 我和我的才能怎能帮助解决这问题呢?
[12:22] they think you’re the arrogant one? 他们还以为你很自大?
[12:25] i’ve been working on a number of projectsover the last decade,and i realized that, 在过去的十年中 我参与诸多项目 我所总结出来的是
[12:29] if i were to combine them,i just may be able to achieve something unexpected… 如果我把我全部的经验组合 起来的话 也许能有意想不到的成就
[12:35] so,ladies and gentlemen,with major fundingfrom my friends at kramer innovations, 先生们 女士们 依靠Kramer科研 公司的慷慨资助
[12:40] i have been able to devise a meansto cool our planet in a safe and controlled way. 我终于找到了一个安全并可控的 给地球降温的方式
[12:48] this guy wouldn’t know cool– 这家伙都不知道什么是酷 (cool在英文里也是冷,冷却的意思)
[12:52] now,the science behind this is immensely complex, 它背后的科学极为复杂
[12:55] but there will be detailed briefshanded out to youas you leave the lecture hall, 但在你离开会场时 我们在门口 都准备了详细资料供大家参考
[12:58] but for right now,let me just give you the cliffs notes. 现在 我就给大家一个简介
[13:01] it begins with a massive heat-sink,one of my own design, 第一个部件是我设计的吸热器
[13:05] which steadily draws heatfrom the surrounding environment. 它可以稳定地从环境中吸取热量
[13:08] but where does the heat go? 但你如何处理那些热量?
[13:09] where does that heat go,you may ask. 你也许会问 如何处理那些热量?
[13:11] well,my friends,that is the hard part. 朋友们 这才是我的最大贡献
[13:16] i give you the tunney space-time matter bridge. 我向你介绍Tunney时空物质桥
[13:21] wait.what? 什么?
[13:23] now,this isn’t just some theoretical math proof. 这也不再是纯理论了
[13:26] this is a functioning piece of technology,one that literally moves heat from our space time 这是一个可行的技术 它会将吸收 我们空间的热量
[13:33] and vents it out into another space time. 并将其排放到其他的空间
[13:36] that’s my bridge… 那是我的时间桥…
[13:38] my sister and i came up with that. 那是我和我妹想出来的
[13:40] sorry. 对不起
[13:41] and it works. 我也经成功将其变为现实了
[13:43] we’ve been testing the system for a few months now,and it has proved to be remarkably stable. 经过多个月的实验 我们都得出了 很稳定的结果
[13:47] that’s my idea! 那是我的主意!
[13:49] rodney,now is not the time. Rodney 你一会再说吧
[13:51] for the purposes of the demonstration today,i’ve surrounded this facilitywith an electrified plasma grid 为了今天的展示的目的 我将用电化 离子场包围住本设施
[13:56] that will contain the reach of the heat-sink. 它将局限吸热器的吸热范围
[13:59] it will draw heat only from this facility. 它只会从本设施内吸热
[14:01] wait,he’s going to turn it onwith us here. 他要我们还在这里启动那东西?
[14:03] that’s– this is a bad idea. 这是…这是非常坏的主意
[14:05] -rodney,please. -and to prove the effectiveness of this system, – Rodney 你就别闹了 – 为了证明这个系统的有效
[14:08] i will lower the temperature within this facilityby 10 degrees. 我将把这室内温度降低10(华氏)度
[14:12] oh,and don’t worry,i’ve turned off the air conditioning,so there’ll be no cheating,i promise. 不用担心 我已经关闭了空调系统 所以不会有任何作弊的行为
[14:16] i’m sorry,i can’t let him do this—-excuse me! -no,rodney – 我不能让他怎么做 – Rodney 别这样
[14:19] Malcolm… malcolm… 恕我打断一下!
[14:20] dr.mckay. McKay博士
[14:22] thank you for coming. 感谢你到此参加
[14:24] this is a bad idea. 这是个非常坏的主意
[14:26] well,we’re not quite ready for the q&a session yet,so if you could just wait till then– 我们还没到问答的时候 你为何不耐心等一会
[14:30] let’s just take a look at the data you’ve come up withand talk about this, 先让我们看看你的数据再说
[14:34] because turning the device on with all these people herecould be very dangerous. 因为在怎么多人在场的情况下 启动这机器是极为危险的
[14:38] respectfully,i disagree. 我不得不说 我不赞成你的意见
[14:41] wh– you can’t do something like thiswithout our consent. 你不能不经我们同意而干这事
[14:44] sit down! 坐下!
[14:45] you did sign the document when you entered,didn’t you? 你在门口签了那个同意书 对不?
[14:48] -well,yeah,i thought that was just– -then i have your consent. – 我以为那是… – 那就说明你已同意了
[14:52] yeah,but–look,i’ve been doing workthat is very,very similar to this– 但… 听着 我之前也进行过 非常类似的研究…
[14:55] really? 真的?
[14:57] i don’t think that’s possible. 我想这是不可能的
[14:59] look,these bridges to other space timescan be very unpredictable. 这空间桥是极不稳定的
[15:03] do you have any researchyou’d like to put forward right now? 你有任何证据来支持你的说法吗?
[15:05] a paper,perhaps? 比如任何你写的论文?
[15:06] anything to back up your claim? 任何可以支持你的说法的东西?
[15:11] rodney,please.tell me this isn’t just petty jealously. Rodney 别这样 告诉我你不是嫉妒了吧?
[15:15] okay. 好吧
[15:15] well,no,no,i– i just– 不 我… 我只是…
[15:18] no,i didn’t think so. 不 我想你是没证据的
[15:21] don’t worry,everyone.this is completely safe. 各位 不必担心 这演示是绝对安全的
[15:24] and… 好了…
[15:35] we’re up and running. 现在已经开始运行了
[15:36] now,i’ll be happy to answer all of your questionsonce you’ve had a chance to read the brief, 我很愿意在大家看完简介后 回答你们的问题
[15:40] but for now,why don’t we all go back out to the lobbywhere hot coa is waiting, 但是就此刻来说 我们还是 回到有热可可供应的大厅里去吧
[15:45] ’cause it’s about to get very cold in here. 因为这里可能会有点冷
[15:47] thank you. 谢谢大家
[15:49] -i– -come on. 我… 好啦
[15:50] let’s go get some hot chocolate,okay? 我们去喝点热巧克力吧
[16:01] this is… 这是…
[16:02] how did he even get ahold of my work? 他是怎么得到我的研究成果的?
[16:04] you’re sure this is your work? 你确定这是你的成果?
[16:05] absolutely.look,you believe me,don’t you? 当然是 你是相信我的 不是么?
[16:08] of course i do. 当然了
[16:09] there is no way that he came up with thison his own. 他绝不可能独自想出这个方法
[16:11] we’ve got to– we’ve got to–we… 我们必须…我们要…我们…
[16:14] come on. 跟我来
[16:28] we shouldn’t be in here. 我们不能进这里来的
[16:29] okay,just stand guard there. 放心吧 你站在那里望风就好了
[16:30] -why? -it’ll take me a couple of secondsto hack into his computer. 为什么 我需要点时间来进入他的电脑
[16:33] what are you doing? 你要干什么?
[16:43] thank you. 谢谢大家
[16:46] thank you,but i don’t thinkan achievement of this magnitudecan truly be credited to one man. 谢谢你们 但是我认为这一伟大的成就 不能归功于某一个人
[16:51] dr.tunney,sir. Tunney博士 先生
[16:53] oh,excuse me. 哦 请原谅
[16:54] yes?what is it? 什么事?
[16:56] well,you told us to shut the device downonce we reached 64. 你吩咐我们在达到64度的时候关掉机器
[16:59] yes,that’s right.we can shut it down now. 是啊 没错 我们现在可以关掉它了
[17:00] well,that’s the problem,sir. 这就是问题所在 先生
[17:02] we’ve tried.we’ve tried everything,in fact. 我们试过了 用尽了一切办法
[17:04] the device won’t shut off. 就是关不掉它
[17:14] Malcolm… malcolm…
[17:14] i’m sorry,could you just give me a moment here? 抱歉 请给我点时间
[17:16] let me in here. 让我来
[17:20] all right,now,who’s been in here? 好吧 有什么人进来过吗?
[17:21] just us,sir. 都是自己人 先生
[17:22] what is it? 怎么回事?
[17:23] well,the bridge won’t deactivate. 物质桥无法关闭
[17:24] i don’t understand why it shouldn’t. 我不知道是什么原因导致的
[17:26] shut down the power to the facility. 切断它的能源
[17:28] uh,that won’t do anything. 那不管用
[17:30] the system self-generates its own poweronce it’s up and running. 这个装置一旦运作就可以自给能源
[17:32] then shut down the containment field. 那么就关闭隔离能量场
[17:34] we need to get these guests out of here. 我们得把客人都转移
[17:36] that won’t work either. 那也同样无法奏效
[17:38] -why not? -why not? – 为什么? – 你想知道为什么?
[17:39] well,it’s impossibly complicated,but the containment fieldis tied into the basic operationsof the device. 隔离能量场是十分复杂的 但是它是与传温装置的基本功能相绑定的
[17:44] it literally can’t shut downuntil we collapse the matter bridge. 理论上来说我们不切断 物质桥就不能关掉它
[17:48] it’s a safety protocol,one that i can’t reprogramuntil we can power down the device. 这是个安全措施 不关掉装置我就没法改写它
[17:51] so we’re trapped in hereuntil you can get this thing fixed? 这么说如果修不好它 我们就要被困在这里了?
[17:54] yes. 是的
[17:55] what happens until then? 如果修不好会怎样?
[17:57] the bridge will continue to draw heatfrom the heat-sink. 物质桥会持续从吸热器中抽走热量
[18:00] we just dropped 10 degrees in 10 minutes. 我们刚刚只用了10分钟就降低了10度
[18:03] in an hour,we’ll be below zero. 一小时后我们就处于零度以下了
[18:05] we’re going to freeze to death. 我们会被冻死的
[18:06] well,i’ve activated the facility’s heating system. 我已经开启供暖系统了
[18:08] that should buy us a little bit of time. 这样可以给我们争取一点时间
[18:10] you said “without a hitch,” you’d run hundreds of tests. 你说过”不会出问题” 你都测试过无数次了
[18:12] someone has messed with the system. 有人更改了系统
[18:18] that was out of line,man. 那有点过了 伙计
[18:19] he stole the work. 他偷了我的创意
[18:21] hey,come on. 嘿 算了吧
[18:22] it was in the middle of his presentation. 你总不能在他演讲的时候打断他
[18:23] he was about to start the thing up! 他马上就要开始运作了!
[18:24] it couldn’t wait. 我无法容忍
[18:26] he brought you here as an olive branch. 他请你来这里 向你伸出了橄榄枝
[18:28] he wanted to bury the hatchet. 他想要和你言归于好
[18:29] yeah,in my back. 他是笑里藏刀
[18:30] dr.mckay? McKay博士
[18:32] dr.keller? Keller医生
[18:33] yes? 什么事?
[18:34] mr.tunney would like a word. Tunney先生想和你们聊几句
[18:38] well,i’m guessing that that word is “i apologize. 啊哈 我猜他想说的那个字是”抱歉”
[18:43] “that’s,uh,two words,genius. 那是两个字 我的天才
[18:50] that’s one odd duck,that guy. 这家伙真是个怪胎
[18:58] well,it takes a big man to admit that he’s wrong,and much as i appreciate it, 某个大人物要承认他的错误了 虽然我对此非常欣赏
[19:02] i really would prefer that this whole apology thingtook place a little more publicly. 但我真心希望这个道歉的过程 能够更公开一点
[19:06] are you kidding? 你开什么玩笑?
[19:07] you are the onewho should be apologizing to me. 你应该向我道歉才对
[19:10] what the hell for? 为什么?
[19:12] i invited you here as a courtesy. 我好心好意请你来这里
[19:14] out of kindness. 满怀善意
[19:16] you know,most people thinkyou’ve lost your mind,that you’ve gone,uh,howard hughes. 你知道么 大多数人都认为你已经疯了 或者像Howard Hughes那样隐居起来了
[19:20] just because i don’t call anymoredoesn’t mean i’m keeping my urine in jars. 只是不跟任何人联系 并不代表我精神错乱了
[19:23] -look,i don’t need you to– -shut up.i don’t have time for this. – 听着 我不需要你来… – 都闭嘴 我没有时间听你们吵架
[19:25] what have you two done? 你们两个到底干了什么?
[19:27] what have we done? 我们干什么了?
[19:29] we can’t shut the device down. 我们无法关闭那设备了
[19:31] i told you not to turn it on. 我告诉过你别打开它
[19:33] i practically begged you. 我几乎是在恳求你
[19:34] but would you listen?no! 但是你听进去了么? 没有!
[19:36] tell us what you didand how to undo itand i’ll consider not pressing charges. 告诉我们你们做了什么以及如何补救 我就不控告你们
[19:40] we didn’t do anything. 我们什么都没干
[19:42] oh,really? 真的么?
[19:43] explain this,then. 那这是怎么回事
[19:53] we shouldn’t be in here. 我们不能进这里来的
[19:54] stand guard there. 你站在那里望风就好了
[19:55] -why? -it’ll take me a couple seconds to hack into his computer. 为什么? 我需要点时间来进入他的电脑
[19:58] what are you doing? 你要干什么?
[19:59] if that son of a bitch thinks that he can humiliate mein front of my peers and get away with it, 如果那个狗娘养的以为他可以 在众人面前羞辱我而不付出代价
[20:02] he’s got another thing coming. 那他就大错特错了
[20:03] i will destroy him. 我要毁了他
[20:04] now is not the time,rodney. 现在不是时候 Rodney
[20:06] got to be something in here i can useto discredit the pretentious tool. 这里一定有什么东西可以用来 羞辱那个自命不凡的笨蛋
[20:10] hurry up,hurry up,somebody’s coming. 快点 快点 有人来了
[20:11] come on,come on,come on. 快走 快走 快走
[20:15] now,look,i can see how,out of context,that could seem incriminating… 哦 你瞧 断章取义是多么容易造成误解
[20:20] out of context? 断章取义?
[20:22] what were you doing in there? 你们在那里干什么?
[20:25] i was looking for a paper i publisheda little over two years ago, 我在找我两年前发表过的一篇文章
[20:28] one that dealt with a matter bridge. 一篇关于物质桥的文章
[20:30] rodney,you have not published a paper in a very long time. Rodney 你已经很长时间 没有发表过文章了
[20:34] you probably didn’t even know it was my work. 你可能根本不知道那是我的成果
[20:36] oh,you’re publishing under a nom de plume now? 哦 你现在用假名发表文章了?
[20:39] okay,here’s how i think it went down– 现在我知道是怎么回事了
[20:42] you were working with the government. 你是与政府合作的
[20:43] someone there trusted you a lotand let you see something you weren’t supposed to see. 有些人很信任你 并且让你看了某些你本不应该看的东西
[20:47] or maybe you were sent something by accident,who knows. 或者天知道是谁 碰巧发送给你的
[20:51] you saw a paper about a matter bridge,a project that was shut downdue to the adverse effects of exotic particles. 你看到一篇关于 受到外来粒子不利影响 而终结了的物质桥计划的文章
[20:57] you read it,you realized that if the bridge was usedmerely as a transfer of energy, 你看完后觉得 如果仅把物质桥用于传输能量
[21:01] say heat,there would be no exotic particle creationand thus no adverse effects. 比如热量 那么就不会有外来粒子产生 从而消除其不利影响
[21:06] so… 因此
[21:07] you co-opted the science as your own,made a few changes to make yourself feel better, 你占该创意为己用 稍加修改以使自己心安理得
[21:11] and got to work,dismissing the original authors’ warningsabout the inherent instabilityof time-space bridges. 然后就开始动工 而且无视原作者 对于时空桥所固有的不稳定性的警告
[21:18] how am i doing so far? 我说的对么?
[21:19] that’s preposterous.dr.tunney’s been working on this for years. 荒谬至极 Tunney博士已经研究该项目很多年了
[21:23] that was my work,malcolm. 那是我的构思 Malcolm
[21:25] i wrote that paper. 那文章是我写的
[21:31] terrence,these people may be able to help us. Terrence 他们也许能救我们
[21:40] this is bad. 事态严重了
[21:41] the sabotage? 你们弄得过头了?
[21:42] sabotage. 我们弄得?
[21:43] please. 得了吧
[21:44] -but you said there was– -i may have rushed to judgment. – 但是你说过… – 我言之过早了
[21:47] can you shut it down? 你能关闭它么?
[21:48] look,these matter bridgesare the very definition of unpredictable. 听着 这些物质桥极不稳定
[21:52] you know,i think i remember you sayingsomething about that before. 我记得你好像说过这个
[21:55] yes or no,doctor? 你到底行不行 博士?
[21:56] i don’t know yet. 我不知道
[21:58] have you turned up the heat? 你开了暖气了吗?
[21:59] yes. 开了
[22:00] have you noticed this? 你注意到这个了么?
[22:01] yes. 是的
[22:03] what is it? 什么东西?
[22:04] the bridge isn’t drawing a consistent loadfrom the heat-sink. 物质桥不是以稳定的速率 从吸热器中吸取能量
[22:06] instead,it’s wavering. 它的波动很大
[22:08] why is that bad? 那有什么问题?
[22:10] i wouldn’t necessarily call it bad. 我觉得还不至于称其为问题
[22:11] it’s definitely not good,but i don’t know that i’d call it bad. 只不过不能算好而已 但是还谈不上问题
[22:14] you’re kidding me,right? 你在开玩笑吧?
[22:16] a regular bridgeshould draw the same amount of energyat all times. 一个稳定的物质桥应该 长期吸收等量的热能
[22:19] this one is fluctuating greatly. 这个却有大幅度波动
[22:21] maybe we can use that… 也许我们能利用这点…
[22:23] wait for it to peak,then overload it and crash. 等到它到达峰值以后将其超载至崩溃
[22:26] that’s a good idea. 这是个好主意
[22:28] yeah,i thought you’d like it… 当然 我想你会喜欢的…
[22:29] what with it being my idea and all. 我的主意什么的
[22:35] it’s freezing in here. 这儿好冷啊
[22:36] we get it. 我已经领教了
[22:37] it works. 它有作用
[22:38] shut it down.i’m starting to freeze to my chair. 但快关掉它 我快要冻僵在椅子里了
[22:47] what the hell was that? 那是什么玩意儿啊?
[22:54] a sudden and dramatic cooling beam. 一束突然且激烈冷冻束
[22:57] the irregular power pull from the bridge… 是物质桥吸取能量不均匀导致的
[22:58] oh,so when the bridgemakes a sudden demand on the heat-sink… 这么多 当物质桥从吸热器 突然吸取能量时…
[23:00] the heat-sink reactsby drawing power from a single,localized placeinside the containment field. 吸热器就从隔离能量场内的一个点 吸取能量 以作回应
[23:04] and that beam would freeze anything in its path. 而这个冷冻束会一路 将所有东西都冻僵
[23:06] oh,did not see this coming. 哦 这点可没预想到
[23:08] it’s freeze lightning. 这是冰冻闪电
[23:09] freeze lightning…ooh,i like that. 冰冻闪电… 我喜欢这名字
[23:11] oh,you can’t have it.it’s mine. 哦 你别想侵权 这是我的
[23:12] it’s copywritten. 版权所有
[23:15] how’s he doing? 他怎么样了?
[23:16] he’s in very bad shape. 他情况很糟糕
[23:18] it’s like his whole left side has been flash-frozen. 似乎他整个左半身都被瞬间冻住
[23:21] i have never seen anything like this before. 我从未见过类似的事情
[23:24] oh,man. 哦 老天
[23:27] look,this isn’t entirely your fault. 听着 这不完全是你的错
[23:29] i…i really hope he signed his waiver. 我… 但愿他签了放弃索赔声明书
[23:35] do you think this is the first timethis has happened? 你觉得这种现象是第一次发生吗?
[23:38] yeah,or maybe just the first timeanyone’s been around to notice it. 或许是第一次被周围的人注意到的
[23:40] so this thing could be wreaking havoc all over the facility. 那么这东西可能会在整个基地里大肆泛滥
[23:42] so this is going to keep happening? 那 这东西还会出现?
[23:44] yes,and probably with greater frequency. 是啊 而且很有可能更加频繁
[23:46] okay,this little side effectis going to really hamperour attempts to shut this thing down. 好了 这个小副作用肯定会阻碍我们 关掉这个东西
[23:50] and by “hamper”,you mean “get us all killed. 你说”阻碍”的意思是”将我们都杀死”
[23:54] “yeah,something like that. 是的 差不多吧
[24:00] we need to call in the military. 我们得给军队打电话
[24:01] i’d prefer not to do that just yet. 我希望暂且不要这么做
[24:03] you’re lucky that guy out there isn’t dead. 外面那个人没死 你该觉得幸运
[24:06] i’m sure these twocan get the device back into its proper operating mode. 我确定这两位先生能使设备 重新回到正常运转模式
[24:09] it’s a little late for that. 那有点太晚了
[24:10] terrence,things have gotten out of hand. Terrence 局面已经失控了
[24:12] we need to make that call. 我们得打电话
[24:13] we make that call,the government shuts us down. 我们打了电话 政府就会终结我们的项目
[24:15] yeah,that’s the idea. 是啊 我们的想法正是如此
[24:16] i don’t understand. 我没听懂
[24:17] when the device started to malfunction,the first thing you wanted to dowas get everyone out of here safely. 之前当设备刚开始出问题 你首先就是想 让大家都安全离开这里
[24:22] to avoid the project being brandedas too dangerous to move forward. 以防有人说这个项目太危险 使我们无法继续研究
[24:26] well,the cat’s out of the bag now. 但现在事情已经失控了
[24:28] are you worried about all the moneyyou sunk into this? 你在为你砸进去的钱担心么?
[24:29] ’cause that’s gone. 因为这些钱都没有了
[24:30] no,i’m not worried about the money. 不 我不为钱财担心
[24:32] we’re close to coming up with a solutionfor global warming. 我们差一点找到解决 全球暖化的方法了
[24:35] we could save the planet. 我们能拯救地球
[24:37] it’s bigger than me,and it’s bigger than you. 这比我和你都更重要
[24:40] if we can get the device under controlwithout calling the military, 要是我们不通知军队就控制好局面
[24:43] they’re going to let us continue our research. 他们会让我们继续这项研究
[24:45] i’ve got news for you. 我给你捎个信儿
[24:46] you can’t control it,and you shouldn’t continue with your research. 你无法控制它 你也不该继续你的研究
[24:49] we’ll figure it out. 我们会想出办法的
[24:51] i have the utmost faith in both of you. 我极度信任你们俩
[24:54] this is ridiculous. 这太荒唐了
[24:55] give me your cell. 把你的手机给我
[24:56] it won’t work,not with the containment field up. 只要封闭力场还在 它都不管用
[24:58] there’s too much interference. 干扰太严重了
[25:00] you have a land line in your office. 你的办公室里有固话
[25:06] it’s dead. 电话不通
[25:07] give me that. 听筒给我
[25:10] it’s dead. 电话不通!
[25:11] kramer must have killed the phones. Kramer肯定将电话线都掐掉了
[25:13] i don’t suppose you have accessto the communications room? 我想你没有权限去通信室吧?
[25:15] it’s a kramer facility. 这儿是Kramer的基地
[25:16] i just work here. 我只是在这儿打工的
[25:17] great. 真是好极了
[25:18] looks like it’s up to you and me. 看来只能依靠你和我了
[25:20] we’d better get back to the control room,figure this out ourselves. 我们得赶回控制室 靠我俩想出对策
[25:22] wait.wait,wait. 等等 等等
[25:23] isn’t there,like,a room full of geniuses out there? 但外面满大厅的不都是天才吗?
[25:26] that’s debatable. 那可有待争论
[25:29] if that freeze lightning thing happens again,people could die. 如果那个冰冻闪电再次来袭 可能会有人丧命
[25:32] they’ll slow me down. 他们会扯我后腿
[25:34] what happened to that “humble” thingwe were going to try today? 我们今天不是要学着”谦逊”些吗?
[25:41] the resultis what i am calling “freeze lightning. 结果就产生了我所说的”冰冻闪电”
[25:45] -“unbelievable. -it is the sudden and immediate transfer of heatfrom a localized area, – 难以置信 – 它是一种局域性的瞬间热能传送束
[25:49] and it is potentially very lethal. 而且它有可能非常致命
[25:51] we need to figure out how to collapse the matter bridge, 我们得想办法摧毁物质桥
[25:54] stop it from drawing energy from the heat-sink, 阻止它从散热装备吸纳能量
[25:56] otherwise it’s going to get “unlivably” cold in here. 否则这里会冷得”无法生存”
[25:59] why don’t we just turn this containment field offand get out of here? 为什么我们不能关掉这个封闭力场 然后离开这里?
[26:03] well,for one thing,it’s tied into the basic functionof the matter bridge, 其一 它跟物质桥的基本功能相联系
[26:06] so we can’t just shut it off. 所以我们无法关掉它
[26:07] even if we could,it houses so much cool air now 即便我们可以 这里现在聚集了 太多冷空气
[26:09] that it would create a sudden,massive cold frontas soon as it drops. 当它断开时 会产生一股突然而强大的冷锋
[26:12] we’re talking high-speed winds,tornadoes… 我们会遇到高速风 龙卷风
[26:15] an instant mega-storm. 还有即时特大风暴
[26:18] not to mention the factthat the heat-sink would start to draw heatnot just from this facility, 更不用说 届时吸热器不仅 从研究所吸走热量
[26:22] but from the entire planet. 更从全球吸走热量
[26:24] we cannot allow that to happen. 我们不能让这样的事情发生
[26:26] why don’t we just destroy it,just bash it apart? 为什么不单纯地毁掉它 将它打成碎片?
[26:29] because that could create a tear in our space time. 因为那样会在我们的空间时间 扯出一个口子
[26:32] never mind,then. 那算了
[26:34] yeah. 是啊
[26:36] look,you guys are the best of the best. 听着 你们是精英中的精英
[26:39] i’m sure if you work together,you’ll come up with something. 我敢肯定 如果你们相互合作 你们一定能想出办法的
[26:49] that will never work. 这不会行得通的
[26:50] look. 听着
[26:51] just give me two seconds… 就给我两秒钟…
[26:52] no! 不!
[26:54] you’re going about this all wrong. 你完全弄错了
[26:56] watch who you’re correcting,”science guy. 看清楚你究竟在改正谁 “科学男”
[26:58] “my ph.d.is not honorary. 我的博士学位可不是挂了”荣誉”名的
[27:01] hey,look,i’m an engineer. 听着 我是个工程师
[27:02] i can do math! 我知道怎么搞定数学!
[27:03] just listen to my idea– 就听听我的想法–
[27:04] i have been listening,and that iswhat led me to believethat you are a moron! 我一直在听 所以我终于知道你是个白痴!
[27:08] if it’s any consolation,you’re both wrong. 说点安慰的话儿 你们都错了
[27:11] what,and you’re right? 什么? 难道你就对了?
[27:12] we’re supposed to listen to you? 我们该听你的?
[27:13] you’re the jerk that got us into this mess. 正是你这个混蛋将我们弄到如此田地
[27:15] i have a workable theory. 我有个可行的理论
[27:17] yeah,a “theory”. 哦是啊 “理论”
[27:18] take into account that i have experience with this, 考虑一下我在这个领域的经验
[27:20] that i’ve been doing work that is years aheadof anything you guys have even been dreaming about? 我多年的工作 比你们做梦想到的都先进得多
[27:25] i think that’s kind of what i’m getting at! 那正是我要说的!
[27:27] hey! 嘿!
[27:32] this is embarrassing. 这真是尴尬至极
[27:35] look at you–the greatest minds this world has to offer,and if i didn’t know any better, 看看你们… 世上最聪明的人 要是我不认识你们
[27:40] i’d think there was a bunch of sixth graders in here. 我还以为你们是一群小学六年级学生
[27:43] you guys need to suck it up and get along. 你们得容忍一下 相处友好些
[27:46] it’s like i’ve always said,people are more alike than they are different– 就像我常说的 人们都没什么不同…
[27:50] not now,nye. Nye 现在不要说这个
[27:52] okay. 好吧
[27:53] our lives are at stake here. 我们现在命悬一线
[27:56] we need a solution,and we need this fast. 我们要找到解决方法 而且要尽快
[28:00] please… 拜托了…
[28:02] come on,the rest of us are counting on you. 我们其他人都指望你们了
[28:08] yes,rodney. 请说 Rodney
[28:10] i think i’m onto something. 我似乎想到什么了
[28:11] it just needs some ironing out. 只是需要在完善一下
[28:13] okay.great. 好的 很好
[28:15] guys… 各位…
[28:17] yeah,well,let’s have a look at it and just… 好了 让我们来看一下(你的想法) 然后…
[28:18] fresh eyes. 有创见
[28:20] we’ll start with bill’s theory… 我们从Bill的理论说起…
[28:30] they’ll figure something out. 他们会想出办法的
[28:33] i’m sure they will. 我相信他们能行
[28:35] let’s just hope it’s before someone dies. 不过希望是在有人丧命之前
[28:42] you know,my uncle george,he always hated the phrase”save the planet”. 我叔叔George 他总是讨厌 “拯救地球”这句话
[28:50] what? 什么?
[28:51] well,he just thought it was a little backwards,you know, 他只是觉得有点儿颠倒是非了
[28:52] ’cause the planet’s going to be hereno matter what happens. 因为不管如何 地球总会存在着
[28:56] it might be a giant unlivable rock,but it’s going to survive. 它也许会变成一块 不宜生存的巨石 但它会存活下来的
[29:01] so you’re turning thisinto a discussion on semantics? 你现在是要将这事情变成语义讨论会?
[29:05] what i mean is,mr.kramer, Kramer先生 我想说的是
[29:07] the work you’re doing isn’t about saving the planet. 你现在在做的不是拯救地球
[29:11] it’s about saving lives. 而是拯救生命
[29:13] and that’s a noble pursuit,trying to save billions of people… 努力拯救几十亿人的生命 的确是崇高的事业追求
[29:19] but it’s no less noble to save a hundred. 但拯救几百条人命绝不亚于此
[29:22] these guys,no matter how smart they are,they could use some help. 这些人 无论他们有多聪明 他们都有需要帮忙的一天
[29:28] one phone call could get that help here. 而一通电话就能让他们得到帮助
[29:32] now,please… 现在 拜托了…
[29:36] please let me make that call. 请让我打这通电话吧
[29:50] oh,don’t tell me. 哦 别告诉我
[29:56] oh,god. 哦 天啊
[30:00] oh,i’m so sorry. 真是对不起
[30:03] can you fix it? 你能修好它吗?
[30:05] no.we’re completely cut off. 不 我们完全与外界隔绝了
[30:13] well,that’s terrible news. 这个消息真够糟的
[30:15] it’s my fault.i should have– 这是我的错 我本该…
[30:15] yeah,you should have. 是啊 你本来就该
[30:16] you need to see this. 你得过来看看
[30:22] oh,the cold temperaturesare affecting the containment field emitters. 低温对隔离能量场发生器造成影响了
[30:25] when they’re weak,they’re on the verge of failing. 当它们减弱 它们就会失效
[30:27] that’s great. 好极了
[30:28] we can get most of the peopleout of here,no? 我们就能让大部分人 都离开这里了 不是吗?
[30:30] make a call to the military? 还能给军队打电话
[30:32] we’re surrounded by desert air. 我们四周都是沙漠高温空气
[30:33] the temperatures inside the containment fieldhas gotten very,very cold. 封闭力场内的温度已经非常 非常低了
[30:36] introducing a suddenand immediate blast of icy airwill create one hell of a vortex storm. 突然间导入大量冰冷的空气 会产生巨大的涡流风暴
[30:40] no way a cell transmission could make it through,let alone actually get people out of here safely. 就连手机信号都无法传送 更别说送人出去了
[30:44] we can ride out the storm. 我们经受得起风暴
[30:45] no,if we can’t shut down the device,the heat-sink’s going to keep feeding cold airinto that weather system. 不 如果我们无法关闭整个装置 吸热器会继续对天气系统输出冷空气
[30:50] it’ll never stop. 它永远不会停止
[30:51] that’s not good. 那可不好
[30:52] no,i’d rather that didn’t happen. 不 我宁愿它没有发生
[30:55] no,no,no,no.this might be a good thing. 不 不 不 这可能是好事
[30:56] what is it? 什么事?
[30:57] well,the containment fieldis dying a slow but consistent death. 所有封闭力场正缓慢地失效
[31:00] it might be weak enoughto actually punch a cell phone signal through now. 可能现在弱得能让手机信号传送出去
[31:04] oh,you know,you might be right. 哦 你也许说对了
[31:06] okay,this is probably our best bet. 好了 这或许是我们的最佳机会
[31:07] these two emitters are the weakest. 这两个发射器是最弱的
[31:09] it’s a bit of a run from here,so i’d better get going right now. 那里离这儿有点远 我得赶紧跑过去了
[31:11] wait,wait,wait,wait,wait. 等等 等等
[31:13] give me your cell. 把你的手机给我
[31:15] we need you here to help dismantle the bridge. 我们需要你帮忙拆除物质桥
[31:17] i’ll make the call. 我来打电话
[31:18] i– 我…
[31:19] -come on. -all right,all right. – 快点吧 – 好吧 好吧
[31:21] fine. 好的
[31:22] thanks. 谢谢
[31:25] i’m going to radio once i get through. 一旦打通了 我就用无线电通知你们
[31:28] good luck. 祝你好运
[31:29] you too. 也祝你好运
[31:35] she seems like a very capable woman. 她似乎是个很能干的女人
[31:37] she sure is. 她的确是
[31:38] she’s your sister,right? 她是你的妹妹吧?
[31:39] is she single? 她单身吗?
[31:41] all right,where were we? 好了 我们说到哪儿?
[31:44] your ideaof overwhelming the bridge to the point of collapse,it’s a good one. 你主张让物质桥过载至崩溃点 这点子很好
[31:48] it’s right on track. 能行得通
[31:49] but… 但是…
[31:50] everybody here thinks it meanswe’ve got to dial up the heat-sink. 大家都认为 这意味着要让 吸热器加快运转
[31:53] it’s going to get even colder. 这里会变得更冷
[31:54] and that could resultin an unpredictable amount of freeze lightning… 而那样会导致不知道多少冰冻闪电…
[31:57] which could kill us all. 那会杀死我们所有人
[31:58] right. 正是
[31:59] the facility’s furnace just went down. 基地的锅炉刚刚停止运作了
[32:01] well,how did that happen? 怎么会这样?
[32:02] we’ve been running at 120% for the last hourto compensate for falling temperatures. 过去一小时内 我们一直使它 120%地运行 以平衡急降的温度
[32:07] we’re in the middle of the desert. 我们在沙漠中央
[32:08] the facility’s not meant to be heated like this. 基地没有那么大的供暖能力
[32:10] we’ll get below freezing pretty darn quick now. 这里的温度很快就会降到零下了
[32:13] all right,well,we can’t power it down’cause it generates its own power. 好了 我们无法切断电源 因为它自足供电
[32:16] and we can’t waitfor the containment field to collapsebecause the storm will probably kill us. 我们也无法等着隔离能量场自行崩溃 因为风暴很可能要了我们的命
[32:20] guys,we don’t have a choice,okay. 各位 我们别无选择了
[32:22] we’ve got to wait for the bridge to peak,dial up the heat-sink, 我们必须等着物质桥达到峰值 然后加大吸热量
[32:24] see if we can overwhelm it. 看看能否逼它到崩溃点
[32:25] i know it’s dangerous,but that’s all we’ve got. 我知道这样很危险 但我们只有这个点子了
[32:31] okay,look. 好吧 听着
[32:32] there’s too many people in here. 这儿人太多了
[32:33] i have important work to do. 我有重要的工作要做
[32:35] i do not need you in the way,so,everybody,out! 我不想你们都碍着我 所以大家都出去!
[32:47] oh,come on. 哦 拜托了
[32:56] oh,thank god. 哦 感谢上帝
[33:00] general landry’s office. Landry将军办公室
[33:02] yes,this is dr.jennifer keller.i need to speak to the general immediately. 你好 我是Jennifer Keller医生 我得马上跟将军通话
[33:05] it’s an emergency. 有紧急事故
[33:08] hello? 喂?
[33:10] hello? 喂?
[33:11] hello?this is dr. 喂? 我是…
[33:19] –hello? 喂?
[33:22] son of a bitch! 狗娘养的!
[33:25] should we warn everyone we’re about to do this? 我们要不要警告大家 我们准备这么做了?
[33:27] no,no,that would just cause a panic. 不 不 那只会引起恐慌
[33:29] it’s probably better they don’t know. 也许他们不知道会更好
[33:30] we have no way of moving people to a safe area,plus we have no idea 我们无法将大家带到安全的地方 而且我们也不知道
[33:33] where the next freeze lightning strikecould hit. 下次冰冻闪电什么时候来袭
[33:37] “freeze lightning– “you know,that’s a bad name. “冰冻闪电… ” 真是个很俗的名
[33:40] don’t look at me.it’s his idea. 别盯着我 这名是他起的
[33:42] okay,here we go. 好了 准备开始了
[33:52] all right,shut it off. 快关掉
[33:53] i can’t.it hasn’t collapsed the bridge yet. 不行 这还没弄垮时空桥呢
[33:56] i had a signal before.come on! 我之前有信号的! 快啊
[34:08] it’s not working! 我告诉你这招没用
[34:09] we just need a little more time,a little more time. 我们只需要多点时间 稍微多点
[34:13] the lightning strikesare freezing off whole sections of the facility. 冰冻闪电已经把基地的多个区域冻住了
[34:16] everyone is getting isolated. 所有人都被分离开了
[34:17] it doesn’t matter.they’ll melt eventually if we can shut this thing down. 没事的 只要这东西一停 所有的地方都会溶化了
[34:20] you are going to kill us all! 你会让我们都丧命的!
[34:21] look,i just need to keep doing– 听着 我就需要一点
[34:28] what did you do? 你干了什么?
[34:29] i turned it down. 我把功率降下来了
[34:30] what?why? 什么? 为什么?
[34:32] it was too dangerous. 你的主意太危险了
[34:33] but we were almost there.it was peaking out!it was going to work. 我们几乎成功了 它已经开始超载了 再等一会 我们就成功了
[34:36] yeah,and we’d all be dead. 没错 我们也同时都没命了
[34:38] we have to come up with something else. 我们得另想办法
[34:39] yeah,something fast! 你最好尽快想出来!
[34:40] ’cause the containment field is about to fail. 因为这力场很快就会垮了
[34:46] great. “好极了”
[34:52] oh,not good. 这可坏事了
[34:57] rodney,can you hear me? Rodney 你听的见吗?
[35:00] please tell me you got through to the sgc? 求你告诉我你跟SGC联络上了?
[35:02] no. 没有
[35:04] you’ve got to keep trying. 你需要继续试呀
[35:05] i’d love to,but my phone got a little soaked. 我也想 但电话进了点水
[35:08] it’s not even… 它现在都…
[35:09] turning on. 不开机了
[35:10] what? 什么?
[35:11] my hallway got hitby that freeze lightning thing. 这个走廊也被冷闪电给击中了
[35:14] are you okay? 你没事吧?
[35:16] i am now,but i won’t be for long. 暂时没事 但很快就有麻烦了
[35:18] what happened? 到底怎么了?
[35:20] i’m frozen in. 门被冻住了
[35:21] and the pipes busted open. 和水管也爆炸了
[35:24] my body temperature is dropping really fast. 我的体温下降得很快
[35:28] okay,i’ll radio security. 我这就通知保安
[35:30] i’ll get someone out to her right away. 让他们尽快把她救出来
[35:31] look,security’s on the way. 听着 保安正往你那里去呢
[35:33] i need you just to sit tightand try to stay warm,okay? 我需要尽可能在原地保暖 好不?
[35:36] okay. 好的
[35:38] sorry i didn’t get the call through. 我很抱歉没把电话打出去
[35:40] you did your best. 你已经尽力了
[35:42] did you shut down that thing down? 你把那个桥弄塌了吗?
[35:44] not yet.we’re working on it. 还没有 我们还在想办法
[35:47] hurry. 你尽快吧
[35:48] McKay! mckay!
[35:49] okay,look,i’ve got to go. 我要回去研究了
[35:50] someone’s on the way,all right. 他们正往你那里去呢
[35:56] what is it? 发生什么了?
[35:57] containment field failurein 3… 离力场崩溃还有3秒
[36:00] 2…1… 2秒…1秒…
[36:13] winds aloft. 风速变高了
[36:14] reaching dangerous levels. 并接近很危险的地步了
[36:15] if it continues like this,we’ll have a mess of tornadoes on our hands. 如果这继续下去的话 这附近将形成多个巨型龙卷风
[36:18] great.even less time before we die. 太好了 离我们死期更近了
[36:32] look,this device is capable of generating its own power,right? 这东西能够自我提供能源 对不?
[36:34] yeah,a small percentage of the energy we’re transferringis siphoned off to power the device. 对 它吸收的一小部分能量 用来给自己供电的
[36:38] so once it’s running,it’s self-sustaining. 一旦它运作起来 就可以自给能源了
[36:40] which is why we can’t just pull the plug. 就算我们断掉总电源 也没用
[36:42] exactly. 没错
[36:43] but it’s only capable of powering itself to a certain extent? 但它只能提供一部分的能量 对不?
[36:45] it has a finite amount of power generation capability? 它只有产生有限的能量 对不?
[36:47] well,yes,of course. 没错
[36:48] maybe we’ve been approaching this the wrong way. 也许我们想错了
[36:50] we’ve been trying to force so much powerthrough the bridgethat it overloads it. 我们一直试图试图超载时空桥
[36:53] maybe we should starve it–suck so much power from its generatorthat it stalls it out. 也许我们该欠载它 不断吸取能量直到它支持不住为止
[36:58] technically,we could do that,but you’d have to draw an insane amount of power. 理论上可行 但我们需要吸取的能量 简直就是一个天文数字
[37:01] the heat-sink could never do it. 远远超出吸热器的能力
[37:02] no… 不…
[37:04] but another space-time bridge could. 但另外一时空桥可以
[37:06] you want to open another space-time bridge? 你想打开另外一座时空桥?
[37:07] the device was rigged to power a single bridge. 这装置只能给一个桥供能
[37:09] we open another one… 如果我们再开一个
[37:11] and it overwhelms the system and it fails. 这应该彻底弄垮它
[37:14] it’ll work. 这不就解决问题了
[37:15] y- yeah,but do you have any ideahow difficult it will beto configure the system 嗯 但你知道让这程序同时打开…
[37:19] to open two concurrent space-time bridges? 两个时间桥有多难吗?
[37:21] i never said it was going to be easy. 我没说这事会简单
[37:23] well,it’ll be impossible. 这事比上天还难
[37:24] hey,i’m dr.rodney mckay,all right? 我是Rodney McKay 知道不?
[37:25] “difficult” takes a few seconds,”impossible,” a few minutes. “很难”只用几秒解决 “不可能”最多几分钟解决罢了
[37:42] rodney,can you hear me? Rodney 你还在吗?
[37:45] have they got you out of there yet? 他们把你就出来了吗?
[37:47] no. 还没
[37:48] tunney,what’s the deal?i thought you sent security. Tunney 这是怎么回事? 你不是说你叫保安去救她了吗?
[37:51] they can’t get to her. 他们无法接近她在的地方
[37:52] what?why not? 什么? 为啥?
[37:53] oh,that last round of freeze lightning,it sealed off a lot of the corridors. 上一次的冷闪电封住了很多过道
[37:56] see,they’re making their way to her,but it’ll take some time. 他们还在往那赶 但可能需要点时间
[38:00] it’s getting harder… 我感觉越来…
[38:01] harder to stay awake.i’m going into…hypothermic shock. 越难保持清醒了… 我很快就要低温休克
[38:04] jennifer,just hang in there,all right? Jennifer 你要坚持住 好不?
[38:07] all right,we’re here,right? 好吧 我们在这 对不?
[38:08] so we can get to her.it’s a straight shot. 我们这里可以轻易到她那
[38:10] they should have come this way,through the lab. 他们应该从我们这走
[38:11] they’re cut off from us too. 来实验室的过道也被封住了
[38:12] i’ve got to go get her. 我必须得去救她
[38:13] no,wait.we’re a bit busy right now. 等一下 我们也需要你呢
[38:14] -she’ll die. -if the storm keeps up like this, – 我不去 她会死的 – 如果这风暴继续下去
[38:16] it’ll rip the building apart,we’ll all die! 它把摧毁整个建筑 我们都会死
[38:18] last i checked,you were claiming to be a genius. 我要是没记错 你还自称是个天才
[38:20] i already gave you the plan. 我都把全套计划给你了
[38:21] a plan full of holes. 还有很多漏洞的计划
[38:22] so fill them! 那你就把它都补上
[38:23] w- what if i run into a problem? 如果 我碰到其它麻烦呢?
[38:24] work around it! 你想办法解决
[38:28] you’re smarter than me. 但你的确比我聪明
[38:30] i know. 我知道
[38:34] McKay! mckay!
[38:37] oh,this is outrageous! 这也太不像话了
[38:38] when we need him the most,he puts it on me,and i’m supposed to be the one to– 当我们最需要他的时候 他却跑了 这让我咋办呀?
[38:42] man up. 有点男人的样 好不?
[39:05] Jennifer! jennifer!
[39:10] okay,i think that’s it. 我想应该没错了
[39:11] before i run it,just check my math. 在我启动之前 你还是先检查一下
[39:13] i have been! 我一直在检查
[39:13] why do you think i’m standing here? 你以为我在站着发傻呢?
[39:24] Jennifer! jennifer!
[39:27] okay,come on,come on,come on. 挺住呀 你千万要挺住呀
[39:29] do it! 你快启动呀!
[39:37] you’re not breathing.oh,my god,you’re not breathing. 天哪 她没呼吸了
[39:41] oh,please don’t be dead. 求求你 千万别死呀
[39:43] please don’t be dead. 我求求你了
[39:47] come back to me,please. 赶快活过来
[39:51] please come back to me. 求求你 块活过来
[39:57] it worked! 这成功了
[39:58] the second space-time bridge blew the power supply. 第二个时空桥用尽了所有能量
[40:00] both bridges collapsed. 两个桥都垮了
[40:04] i did it! 我成功了
[40:15] please… 求求你
[40:21] oh,thank god. 感谢老天爷
[40:23] you’re okay.you’re okay… 你没事了 你没事了
[40:25] i’m really cold. 我好冷呀
[40:26] me too… 我也是
[40:30] you saved me. 你救了我的命
[40:32] i guess that makes us even. 至少我们扯平了
[40:35] i used an ax. 我用了个斧子把门砍开的
[40:36] a big ax. 一个特大的斧子
[40:37] i really wish you were conscious,’cause i think it’s the coolest thing i’ve ever done-oh… 我真希望你们看到 这我干的最爽…
[40:46] i don’t know what i would have doneif i lost you… 我不知道失去你 我要怎样…
[40:50] i love you. 我爱你
[40:54] i have for some time now. 我应经喜欢你很长时间了
[40:58] i just wanted you to know. 我只想让你知道
[41:02] i– 我…
[41:18] well,at least your friendsdon’t think you’re a washout anymore. 至少你的朋友不会再看扁你了
[41:21] stupid bill nyeis telling everyone who will listenthat tunney’s the guy who turned the device off. 该死的Bill Nye四处说是Tunney 关掉那东西的
[41:25] because he was the one that shut off the device. 应为的确是他关掉的
[41:27] with my coding.it was my idea. 他利用我的程序 那是我的主意
[41:29] rodney,does it really matter? Rodney 你需要那么较真吗?
[41:33] yes. 当然
[41:34] yes,it does. 当然需要较真
[41:36] i’m sorry,i know i’m supposed to be humble,not supposed to care, 对不起 我知道我该谦虚点
[41:39] but i do,i really do. 但那的确是我的主意
[41:40] and that’s… 并且那还是
[41:41] that’s something you should know about me. 你该知道我这样小心眼
[41:43] well,quit,then. 那你 为何不退出Atlantis
[41:44] join the private sector. 并给私企干活
[41:45] start doing work the whole world can see. 让整个世界都知道你的大名
[41:48] i’ve been thinking about it. 其实 我的确考虑过
[41:49] what?no,you haven’t. 什么? 你开玩笑吧
[41:51] my contract with sgc is up this year. 我和SGC的合约一年就满了
[41:52] maybe it’s time to move on,time to do other things. 也许是时候 我该去做做别的了
[41:56] please…i don’t know anyone who loves their jobmore than you. 别闹了 你是我认识的人里面 最喜欢这份工作的
[42:01] so you think the militaryis going to let them keep experimenting? 你认为军方会让他们继续研究吗?
[42:04] i think it’s highly unlikely. 我想可能性不大了
[42:06] besides,geoengineering is a dumb pursuit anyway. 再说了 地球工程学是条死路
[42:09] no one person’s going to solve global warming. 温室效应不是一个人能解决的
[42:11] we all have to do our part. 我们都得做出各自的贡献
[42:13] like not take private jets. 像不再搭乘私人飞机
[42:16] well,they were going our way anyway. 反正 这不是刚好顺道吗
[42:22] you know,it’s kind of nice,just me and you back here. 就我们一起 其实感觉很不错的
[42:27] right. 是呀
[42:31] right! 太对了!
[42:35] you were legally dead a few hours ago. 几小时前 按道理你已经死了
[42:36] you were practically frozen.you really want to… 你基本上冻僵了你真想跟我
[42:38] well,it’s either thator you keep telling mehow you,and only you,saved the day. 你可以继续说下去 或者你可以 告诉我你任何一手拯救大家
[42:44] nah… 嗯
[42:47] i’m trying out this whole “humble” thing out. 我最近在装谦虚
[42:49] seems to be quite a hit with the ladies… 看来这招很受女性欢迎
星际之门亚特兰蒂斯

Post navigation

Previous Post: 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯(Stargate: Atlantis)第5季第15集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯(Stargate: Atlantis)第5季第17集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme