时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | I find it sad. | 这有点伤感 |
[00:06] | What? What are you talking about? | 什么? 什么事? |
[00:08] | Mr. Woolsey. | Woolsey先生 |
[00:09] | He seems lonely. | 他看上去很孤独 |
[00:11] | – He does? – He never take part in any the city’s social activities. | – 有么? – 他从来不参加这里举办的社交活动 |
[00:14] | – Oh, please, I mean… – He always eats alone. | – 噢 拜托 我是说… – 他总是一个人吃饭 |
[00:17] | either in his office or in his quarters. | 不是在办公室就是在宿舍 |
[00:19] | Maybe he has work to do, you know, some of us are busy people. | 也许他有事情要做 这里有些人事情很多 |
[00:23] | Sometimes I walked by his quarter at night, I hear him crying. | 有时我晚上经过他宿舍时 会听到他在哭 |
[00:27] | What? | 什么? |
[00:28] | Really? | 真的? |
[00:29] | No. | 假的 |
[00:32] | Mr. Woolsey! | Woolsey先生! |
[00:34] | Would you care to join us? | 过来跟我们一起吃吧 |
[00:38] | Well… thank you. | 谢了 |
[00:40] | But I’ll be taking breakfast in my quarters today. | 不过我今天要在宿舍去吃 |
[00:42] | I still have some final preparations for my impending performance evaluation. | 还要为综合评估做些最终准备 |
[00:46] | I’m A Little Apprehensive. | 现在心里还不是很有底 |
[00:48] | You Shouldn’t Be. | 不会吧 |
[00:49] | You’ve Done A Wonderful Job As Our New Commander. | 自从你上任以来 工作做得非常出色 |
[00:53] | Well, Let’s Hope The I.o.a. Agrees. | 希望I.O.A也认同这一点 |
[00:56] | There You Go. | 你说对了 |
[00:57] | He Prefers To Be On His Own. | 他喜欢一个人呆着 |
[00:59] | Speaking Of Which, Where’s Sheppard? | 对了 Sheppard去哪儿了? |
[01:02] | He Flew Some Astrobiologists To The Mainland This Morning. | 他开飞船载着几个太空生物学家去大陆了 |
[01:06] | And Volunteered to Stay With Them Overnight. | 而且自愿留下陪他们过夜 |
[01:09] | He Did? | 是么? |
[01:10] | Why Would He Do That? | 他为什么要这么做? |
[01:14] | This Planet’s Sun Is A Class G Star. | 这个行星的太阳是颗G等星 |
[01:17] | That Fact, | 加上 |
[01:18] | Coupled With Its Earth-like Atmospheric Composition, | 这里具有类似地球的大气环境 |
[01:21] | Results In The Predominance Of Green Photosynthetic Organisms. | 令这里长满了可进行光合作用的绿色植物 |
[01:25] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[01:27] | Chlorophyll, Of Course, Mostly Absorbs The Sun’s Blue And Red Wavelengths, | 叶绿素通常只吸收阳光中 蓝色和红色波长的光 |
[01:30] | Reflecting Green Ones. | 而将绿光反射回去 |
[01:32] | “but Hang On A Minute,” You’re Probably Thinking. “that’s Strange. | 你也许会觉得很奇怪 |
[01:35] | Why Doesn’t Chlorophyll Absorb Green Light?” | 叶绿素为什么不吸收绿光呢? |
[01:38] | Oh, Yeah. Weird. Well, Why Doesn’t It? | 是啊 很奇怪 为什么呢? |
[01:41] | The Answer Lies Not So Much In The– | 答案跟颜色没有多大关系… |
[01:42] | [man Shouts]: Oh, My God! | 噢 我的天哪 |
[01:44] | Wait Here. | 待在这儿 |
[01:48] | What Happened? | 怎么了? |
[01:49] | Look At This. Huh? | 看这个 |
[01:51] | It’s A Plant Not Unlike The Begonia Eiromischa! | 这个植物和毛柄秋海棠(Begonia eiromischa) 一点都没有不像 |
[01:55] | Oh, God. Lorne Warned Me About This. | 噢 老天 Lorne警告过我的 |
[01:58] | You Don’t Understand. | 你不明白 |
[01:59] | The Woolly-stalked Begonia Went Officially Extinct Back On Earth In 2007. | 2007年 权威机构就已经宣布 这种植物在地球上灭绝了 |
[02:04] | And Yet Here We Are, | 可我们在这里找到了 |
[02:06] | Standing Over A Species That’s Shockingly Similar– | 这个物种跟它是如此的接近 |
[02:09] | I’m Going To Go Back To The Jumper And Set Up For The Night. | 我去Jumper飞船那里 为过夜做点准备 |
[02:11] | …and It’s Thriving In A Climate That Is… | 而且在这种气候下也生活得很好… |
[02:12] | Want To Join Me? | 跟我一起去么? |
[02:15] | It’s A Very Unusual Find. | 很不寻常的发现 |
[02:17] | Right. | 好吧 |
[02:19] | Well, Knock Yourself Out. | 好了 不自讨没趣了 |
[02:20] | That’s What We’re Here For. | 你们来这儿就是干这个的 |
[02:23] | Take Your Time. | 尽兴吧 |
[02:24] | We’re Here All Night. | 还要在这里过夜呢 |
[03:51] | Remnants | 幸存者 |
[04:24] | [woman]: Can I Give You A Hand With That? | 能让我帮帮忙么? |
[04:25] | Actually, If You Wouldn’t Mind… | 如果你不介意的话… |
[04:28] | Hello. | 你好 |
[04:29] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[04:30] | Where Are You Headed? | 去哪儿? |
[04:31] | Back To My Quarters. | 回宿舍 |
[04:33] | Um, The Southeast Pier. | 东南区 |
[04:35] | Level 19. | 19层 |
[04:36] | Ooh, Penthouse Suite. | 噢 顶层套间 |
[04:37] | Nice. | 不错啊 |
[04:38] | Have We Met? | 我们认识么? |
[04:39] | Not Yet. I’m Vanessa Conrad. | 噢 不 我叫Vanessa Conrad |
[04:43] | Dr. Vanessa Conrad. | Vanessa Conrad博士 |
[04:45] | Richard Woolsey Richard Woolsey. | |
[04:46] | I Just Recently Arrived On The Apollo. | 刚刚搭乘Apollo过来的 |
[04:48] | – Oh, Welcome To Atlantis. – Thank You. | – 欢迎来到Atlantis – 谢谢 |
[04:50] | It’s Beautiful. And Huge. | 这里很漂亮 很大 |
[04:52] | It’s Probably Going To Be Weeks Before I Know My Way Around. | 我可能要好几个星期才能熟悉 |
[04:55] | Well, I’m Sure The Gang At Orientation | 我想新队员指导组的那帮人 |
[04:58] | Will Help You Settle In. | 能帮你在这里安顿下来 |
[05:01] | I’m Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:02] | I’m Keeping You. | 拖延你时间了 |
[05:03] | – Southeast Pier, Level 19. – No, No. Not At All. | – 东南区 19层 – 不不不 没关系 |
[05:05] | I Have All The Time In The– | 我的时间多着呢… |
[05:12] | This Is You, I Believe. | 我想是这里吧 |
[05:13] | Oh. Right. | 嗯 对 |
[05:16] | Nice To Meet You, Doctor. | 很高兴见到你 博士 |
[05:17] | Vanessa Vanessa. | |
[05:19] | You Can Call Me Vanessa. | 你可以叫我Vanessa |
[05:21] | Very Well. | 好的 |
[05:22] | Nice To Meet You, Vanessa. | 很高兴见到你 Vanessa |
[05:24] | Thank You, Mr. Woolsey. | 谢谢 Woolsey先生 |
[05:25] | Actually, You Can Call Me– | 你可以叫我… |
[05:28] | Dick Dick Dick. | (Richard的简称 俚语中还指某器官) |
[05:53] | Crap. | 该死 |
[05:59] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[05:59] | What Happened To Your Off-world Foofaraw? | 你的外星奢华游泡汤了? |
[06:01] | I thought you were the guest of honor at some big diplomatic dinner on m2j? | 你不是要去M2J星 做一个外交晚宴的荣誉嘉宾吗? |
[06:04] | yeah, I was, but the festivities ended early when three members of lieutenant donovan’s team | 本来是要参加的 但是Donovan中尉的小队 的三个队员… |
[06:09] | suffered a severe allergic reaction to something we were served at the grand banquet. | 对晚宴上的某食物产生严重过敏 (所以提前回来了) |
[06:13] | I think it might have been those little green berries with the purple specks on them, | 我想可能是那些带有紫色斑点的 绿色小浆果引起的 |
[06:17] | because my tongue did feel a little bit numb afterwards– | 因为我吃了以后舌头确实有点麻… |
[06:20] | yeah, FYI, this conversation ended six seconds ago. | 哦 提醒你一下 这个谈话6秒钟前就结束了 |
[06:22] | yeah, anyway, on the way back, I had an idea. | 哦 对了 在回来的路上 我想到了一个主意 |
[06:25] | have a little lie-down. it’ll pass. | 去躺躺吧 我就不听你说了 |
[06:27] | no, uh… you should hear me out. | 不 你听我说完 |
[06:33] | I think we should run a scan of the ocean floor. | 我想我们应该扫描一下海床 |
[06:35] | i’ve been noticing anomalous temperature variations in the waters surrounding the city. | 我注意到城市周围的海水温度 有不正常的变化 |
[06:39] | I think it bears further investigation. | 我觉得这需要调查一下 |
[06:40] | not really. | 没必要 |
[06:42] | look, we head through the gate every day exploring distant worlds, | 听着 我们每天都通过星门 探索遥远的世界 |
[06:45] | and yet, with the exception of a few marine biology tests, | 但是除了几次海洋生物学检测以外 |
[06:47] | we have barely scratched the surface of the very planet that we occupy. | 我们都没有稍为了解一下我们所在的星球 |
[06:50] | that’s ’cause there’s nothing there. | 那是因为这里什么都没有 |
[06:52] | my point is it wouldn’t hurt to be thorough. | 我的观点是彻底的调查一下 又不会有什么坏处 |
[06:54] | my point is your point is pointless. and a giant waste of time. | 我的观点是你的观点毫无意义 而且完全是浪费时间 |
[07:05] | dammit. | 该死 |
[07:17] | xiao, welcome. | Xiao 欢迎 |
[07:22] | atlantis welcomes you. | Atlantis欢迎你的到来 |
[07:26] | it is with great pride that i– | 我充满自豪地… |
[07:34] | hello, richard. | Richard 你好啊 |
[07:36] | Xiao xiao. | |
[07:38] | welcome to atlantis… | 欢迎来到Atlantis |
[07:41] | with… great pride. | 我…充满自豪 |
[07:44] | i’m looking forward to the grand tour. | 我等着你带我好好转转呢 |
[07:47] | well, then… | 那好… |
[07:48] | shall we? | 我们开始吧? |
[07:59] | this is the control room– | 这里是控制室 |
[08:02] | for all intents and purposes, the city’s nerve center. | 从目的和作用来说 就是城市的神经中枢 |
[08:06] | these technicians are the very best at what they do. | 这些技术人员工作都十分擅长他们的工作 |
[08:11] | how’s the kickboxing going, amelia? | 跆拳道练得怎么样了 Amelia? |
[08:13] | great, sir. thanks for asking. | 很好 长官 谢谢您的关心 |
[08:16] | hello there, chet. it’s chuck. | – 你好啊 Chet – 是 Chuck |
[08:19] | excuse me? | 什么? |
[08:20] | it’s chuck, sir. my name is chuck. | 是Chuck 我的名字叫Chuck |
[08:22] | oh, of course. chuck. | 哦 当然 Chuck |
[08:24] | chet’s on the late shift. | Chet晚上值班 |
[08:30] | there is no chet. | 根本没有人叫Chet |
[08:33] | I think it would be a simple matter of reconfiguring the city’s short-range sensors | 我想只要简单地重新配置一下 城市的短距离传感器… |
[08:37] | – in order to achieve– – you know, I can see your lips moving | – 就能… – 你知道 我能看见你的嘴唇在动 |
[08:40] | but i’m not hearing any sound. | 但是我听不见任何声音 |
[08:41] | it would take less than an hour to make the necessary adjustments. | 调整配置都用不了一个小时 |
[08:45] | all right, you know what? | 好吧 |
[08:46] | if it is so simple and that important to you, why don’t you just go ahead do it yourself? | 既然这么简单 你为什么不自己去弄? |
[08:51] | because I require your authorization. | 因为我需要你的授权 |
[08:53] | – you got it. – thank you, rodney. | – 我授权了 – 谢谢你 Rodney |
[08:55] | whoa. | 喔 |
[08:56] | you realize it’s highly unlikely you’re actually going to find anything. | 你知道要能发现什么东西的可能性非常小 |
[09:00] | then I would have wasted an hour of my time and you’ll be able to tell me “I told you so.” | 那我就是在浪费我的时间 而且你也可以说 “我早就告诉过你” |
[09:04] | if, on the other hand, I do find something, | 但如果我真的发现了什么… |
[09:07] | perhaps they’ll name something after me for a change. | 也许有什么东西也能以我的名字命名了 |
[09:12] | whoa! | 哦! |
[09:14] | the prospect of commanding the atlantis expedition was a daunting one. | 要领带Atlantis探险队 是一项非常艰巨的工作 |
[09:18] | Dr. weir and colonel carter were incredibly tough acts to follow. | Weir博士和Carter中校的辉煌业绩 让后人很难赶超 |
[09:21] | yet you availed yourself nicely, richard. and you survived your nine months here. | 但是你在这发挥很大的作用 Richard 而且你成功的在这坚持了9个月 |
[09:25] | well, I like to think i’ve accomplished a little more than mere survival, | 我认为我不仅仅是坚持下来而已 |
[09:29] | and i’m certain that once you’ve had a chance to review my report– | 而且我很确信 你看了我的报告以后… |
[09:31] | that won’t be necessary. | 没有那个必要了 |
[09:34] | so i’m receiving my graduation papers? | 那我要拿到我的”毕业证书”了? |
[09:37] | of course. | 当然 |
[09:38] | of the great job you’ve done here, | 鉴于你在这的工作十分出色 |
[09:41] | the i.o.a. is appointing you as chair of earth’s new environmental initiative. | IOA任命你为地球上新的环境计划的主席 |
[09:46] | congratulations, richard. | 恭喜你 Richard |
[09:48] | you’re coming home. | 你要回家了 |
[09:51] | all right, short-range sensors are good to go. | 好了 短距离传感器可以用了 |
[09:55] | start the sweep. | 开始扫描 |
[09:57] | sweep initiated. | 扫描已经启动 |
[09:59] | great. | 好的 |
[10:00] | so it should take about 30 minutes to scan the entire planet, | 扫描整个星球需要差不多30分钟 |
[10:03] | which means i’ve got plenty of time to get down to the cafeteria, | 也就是说我有足够的时间下到食堂 |
[10:06] | get myself some of that fine almond biscotti and a yoohoo, | 吃一点上好的杏仁饼干 喝一点Yoo-hoo(巧克力味饮料) |
[10:08] | and be back in time for you to tell me you have found nothing. | 回来正好赶上你告诉我什么都没有发现 |
[10:11] | we’ve found something. | 我们发现了东西 |
[10:17] | yes, of course we did. | 对 当然会发现东西啦 |
[10:21] | whatever it is, it’s sitting approximately 1,500 feet below sea level. | 不管那是什么东西 它处在海平面下1500英尺(450米)处 |
[10:56] | hello, john. | John 你好呀 |
[11:02] | Kolya? kolya? | |
[11:08] | I don’t understand your reaction. | 我不理解你的反应 |
[11:10] | nine months ago, you were dreading coming over here. | 9个月前 你非常反感要到这里来 |
[11:13] | a lot has changed in nine months. | 这九个月以来 很多事情都变了 |
[11:15] | I like it here. | 我喜欢这里 |
[11:17] | and, quite frankly, I don’t like the idea of leaving a job unfinished. | 而且 老实说 我不想一份工作只干一半 |
[11:23] | i’ve done good work. | 我干得非常出色 |
[11:25] | my record speaks for itself. | 我的记录就是最好的证明 |
[11:28] | what’s really going on? | 到底是怎么回事? |
[11:31] | the i.o.a. is concerned about some of the decisions you’ve made, | IOA对你作出的一些决定有些不爽 |
[11:35] | decisions that have run counter to protocol and, quite frankly, common sense. | 那些决定有违行动准则 而且老实说有违常理 |
[11:40] | they… we… | 他们…我们… |
[11:42] | feel that the demands of this position have compromised your judgment, and it’s time for a change. | 觉得这个职位过于艰巨 已经蒙蔽了 你的判断 是时候做一些改变 |
[11:51] | right here. | 推到这 |
[11:56] | that’ll do. | 好了 |
[11:58] | I wonder how long it’s been down there. | 我在想它在下面呆了多久了 |
[12:00] | to think, it would have remained undiscovered if we hadn’t have… | 这样一想 要不是我们… |
[12:04] | nice job on reconfiguring the short-range sensors. | 你传感器调的很不错啊 |
[12:07] | thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[12:08] | nice job on the… wild guess. | 你…瞎猜的水平也很高啊 |
[12:10] | thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[12:12] | – shall we? – yes. | – 可以开始了? – 是的 |
[12:15] | keep looking. | 继续搜索 |
[12:16] | there’s nowhere for them to go. they’re scientists. | 他们不过是科学家 无处可躲 |
[12:19] | trust me. they don’t run very fast. | 相信我 他们跑不快 |
[12:24] | oh, you’re awake. | 哦 你醒了 |
[12:26] | save your energy. you’re not getting away this time. | 省点劲吧 这回你跑不掉了 |
[12:31] | I killed you. | 我是亲手杀了你的 |
[12:33] | you shot me. there’s a difference. | 你只是打中了我 这可不一样 |
[12:35] | no. I killed you. | 不 我杀死你了 |
[12:37] | beckett confirmed it. you were dead. | Beckett确认过 你已经死了 |
[12:39] | yeah, i’m sure that’s what he thought. | 是啊 他确实是这么认为的 |
[12:41] | let’s just say your friend– what was his name? | 你的那个朋友… 叫什么名字来着? Lucius? |
[12:44] | he wasn’t the only one using ancient technology that day. | 他不是那天唯一使用过古人科技的人 |
[12:48] | how did you get here | 你怎么来到这里的? |
[12:52] | how did you find us | 你怎么找到我们的? |
[12:53] | turns out some of your off-world contacts | 看来你的某些外星联络人 |
[12:56] | aren’t as trustworthy as you think. | 并不象你想的那么可靠 |
[12:58] | your secret’s out, | 你的秘密暴露了 Sheppard |
[13:04] | a half day’s walk in that direction\ | 朝那个方向走半天 |
[13:06] | will bring us to the edge of the mainland. | 就会到达大陆边缘 |
[13:08] | I figure it’ll take us maybe two days to reach atlantis by boat. | 我估计坐船大约只要两天 就可以到达Atlantis |
[13:14] | you won’t even get to the city. they’re going to blow you out of the water. | 你根本到不了A城 他们在水里就会把你炸翻 |
[13:17] | no. they won’t even see us coming. | 不 他们甚至不会知道我们的到来 |
[13:20] | they’ll be too busy counting their dead. | 他们会忙着数尸体 |
[13:23] | what are you going to do | 你打算做什么? |
[13:28] | send an explosive through your gate, | 送一个炸弹通过星门 |
[13:30] | cripple the city’s defenses. | 使防御系统陷于瘫痪 |
[13:33] | but for that, i’m going to need something from you. | 可为了达到目的 我需要从你那里弄点东西 |
[13:36] | I think you call it an idc. | 我想你们称之为IDC |
[13:40] | – go to hell. – yeah, | – 见鬼去 – 好吧 |
[13:41] | I thought you would need some convincing. | 看来你需要点额外帮助 |
[13:58] | Dr. conrad. vanessa. | Conrad博士 Vanessa |
[14:00] | come in. | 进来吧 |
[14:01] | I hope i’m not intruding. | 希望我没打扰你 |
[14:02] | not at all. what brings you by | 没有 找我有事么? |
[14:03] | this may be wholly inappropriate, but I was wondering whether you’d like to catch a movie. | 也许有点不大适宜 可我想知道你要不要跟我去看场电影 |
[14:08] | a movie | 电影? |
[14:09] | they’re screening two of my favorites tonight– | 今晚放映我最喜欢的两部电影… |
[14:11] | planes, trains, and automobiles and dirty rotten scoundrels. | 《一路顺疯》和《偷心大少》 |
[14:15] | truth be told, | 说实话 |
[14:16] | i’m having a horrible day and i’m not in much of a laughing mood. | 我今天过得很糟糕 没心情看笑料片 |
[14:19] | oh. then we can wait until tomorrow when they’ll be screening mad money and kangaroo jack. | 哦 那我们可以等到明天 明天会放《我为钱狂》和《抢钱袋鼠》 |
[14:28] | is it something you’d like to talk about | 你心里有什么事想说说吗? |
[14:31] | it seems the time for talk has passed. | 看来谈话的时机已经过了 |
[14:35] | i’ve just been informed that i’m being relieved of my command here on atlantis. | 刚得到通知 我将被解除Atlantis的指挥权 |
[14:39] | i’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[14:41] | why | 为什么? |
[14:42] | apparently, i’m not very good at toeing the company line. | 看来是我不善于服从上级的指示 |
[14:47] | I assumed I got this position on the strength of my record. | 我原以为得到这职位 是因为我一贯表现良好 |
[14:50] | but now it’s clear that the only reason they appointed me | 现在很明显他们指派我来的唯一理由 |
[14:52] | is because they expected I would just roll over for them. | 是希望我能听他们摆布 |
[14:56] | then don’t. | 那就不要 |
[14:58] | what | 不要什么? |
[14:59] | don’t roll over for them. | 不要听从他们的摆布 |
[15:01] | fight this. | 跟他们抗争 |
[15:02] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[15:03] | the decision’s been made. | 决定已经作出 |
[15:05] | if that was true, then why didn’t they just forward you a communique | 如果真是如此 为什么他们不直接发份通报给你 |
[15:09] | instead of sending a mouthpiece on a three-week journey to the pegasus galaxy? | 而是派个传声筒浪费三周的时间 专程跑到天马星系来 |
[15:25] | did you really expect me to just give up without a fight? | 你真的指望我就这样认栽了 |
[15:29] | honestly? yes. | 老实说 是的 |
[15:31] | I assumed you’d let common sense guide you on this one. | 我原以为你多少会有点常识 |
[15:34] | you weren’t sent here to fire me. | 你不是被派来开除我的 |
[15:36] | you were sent here to evaluate my performance and make a recommendation based on your findings. | 你的任务是评估我的表现 并且根据你的所见做出报告 |
[15:42] | the i.o.a. may be leaning a certain way, | IOA也许具有某种倾向性 |
[15:44] | but they have yet to make a decision on my fate. | 但是他们还没对我做出最后裁决 |
[15:47] | yet you, their representative, clearly have… | 而你 作为他们的代表 很显然已经有决断了 |
[15:55] | which leads me to assume something else is going on here. | 让我感觉到这里面有阴谋 |
[16:00] | someone in the i.o.a. wants me gone | IOA里面有人想让我走人 |
[16:03] | and is using you to make sure that happens. | 并用你来确保这事的发生 |
[16:09] | tell me, xiao. | 告诉我 Xiao |
[16:11] | what are you getting in return? | 你会因此得到什么好处? |
[16:18] | oh. | 哦 |
[16:21] | it’s my job, isn’t it? | 我的位子 不是么? |
[16:25] | they’ve promised you the atlantis command if you help them get rid of me? | 他们向你承诺 只要你帮他们把我踢走 就给你Atlantis的指挥权? |
[16:30] | this will all go a lot easier | 如果你能够坦然接受这一切 |
[16:33] | – if you just accept where this is going– – the hell I will. | – 那事情就好办多了 – 别做梦了 |
[16:36] | richard, I hold all the cards. | Richard 我胜券在握 |
[16:38] | the decision is in my hands. this is a fight you cannot win. | 决定权在我手里 你毫无胜算 |
[16:54] | you can tolerate more than any man i’ve ever known. | 你是我所见过最有忍耐力的人 |
[16:59] | now, why is that? | 为什么会这样? |
[17:01] | well, I was married once. | 我结过一次婚 |
[17:08] | you’re here in the pegasus galaxy to protect your people, | 你来到飞马系是为了保护你们的人员 |
[17:12] | but half the time, you can’t even do that. | 但不少时候 你都办不到 |
[17:16] | that’s what drives you, isn’t it? | 这就是你的动力 对吧? |
[17:18] | your past failures. | 你失败的经历 |
[17:25] | do you think by not giving me the idc | 你认为不给我IDC |
[17:28] | you’re keeping your people safe? | 就是在维护你的人的安全么? |
[17:30] | you’re just putting off the inevitable. | 你只不过是在拖延事情的进程罢了 |
[17:33] | it’s over. you can’t protect them. | 都结束了 你保护不了他们 |
[17:36] | you, those scientists, | 你 那些科学家 |
[17:38] | your friends back at atlantis– | 还有你在Atlantis的朋友们 |
[17:40] | they’re as good as dead. | 都离死不远了 |
[17:46] | well, I see that asking nice isn’t working. | 看来好言相劝不起作用 |
[17:51] | i’m going to have to make other plans. | 我不得不另辟蹊径了 |
[17:56] | two men report to my position. | 两个人到我的位置报道 |
[17:59] | on our way. | 收到 |
[18:02] | in a couple of minutes, | 几分钟之后 |
[18:04] | you’re going to wish you’d given me that idc. | 你会后悔你没有把IDC给我 |
[18:10] | what are you working on? | 你在干啥那? |
[18:12] | according to this, the device is emitting a low-level energy signature in an oscillating pattern. | 根据这东西显示 这装置正在周期性地发送 一种低水平的能量信号 |
[18:17] | – is it dangerous? – no. radiation’s minimal, but– | 有危险么? 没有 辐射极小 但是 |
[18:19] | unimportant. we should be focusing on the data. | 无关紧要 我们应该关注数据 |
[18:22] | I was. like, | 我看过了 |
[18:24] | i’ve run every kind of decrypt sweep I can think of at this thing. still nothing. | 我已经用了能想到的所有解码程序 仍然一无所获 |
[18:27] | I don’t know what to do. | 我无计可施了 |
[18:29] | oh, you’ll think of something. | 你会想到办法的 |
[18:30] | really. what makes you so sure? | 真的 你为什么如此肯定? |
[18:32] | oh, because you’re brilliant. | 因为你很出色 |
[18:34] | that’s true. doesn’t mean i’m going to– | 那倒是 但是并不意味着我会… |
[18:36] | wait a minute. what did you say? | 等一下 你说什么? |
[18:37] | why did you say that? what are you, sick? | 你为什么那么说 你怎么了 病了? |
[18:38] | am I sick? what’ve you heard? | 还是我病了么? 你听到什么了? |
[18:40] | no, nobody’s sick, rodney. | 没有人说病话 Rodney |
[18:42] | I said you were brilliant because… | 我说你出色是因为 |
[18:45] | because you are. | 你确实很出色 |
[18:47] | I rarely say it because you’re a difficult man to compliment. | 我从来不这么说是因为你不喜欢奉承 |
[18:50] | you’re egotistical, you’re arrogant, stubborn– | 你很自负 傲慢 固执 |
[18:52] | and brilliant. | 而且出色 |
[18:54] | yes, rodney. and brilliant. | 是的 Rodney 你很出色 |
[18:56] | right. well, | 好吧 那么 |
[18:58] | pull up a chair, radek. we’ve got some work to do. | 搬把椅子来 Radek 我们有些工作要做 |
[19:01] | all right… | 好吧 |
[19:03] | tell me what plan b is, | 告诉你的另一个计划是什么 |
[19:06] | or are you just going to surprise me? | 还是要给我一个惊喜? |
[19:09] | i’m going to have my men repair the damage they did to your puddle jumper, | 我要让我的人去把你的Jumper修好 |
[19:13] | then use it to attack the city. | 然后用它来向城市发动攻击 |
[19:15] | well, I hate to be Mr. negative, but I can think of at least one problem you’re going to run into. | 我不想给你泼冷水 可我认为你还有一个问题需要解决 |
[19:20] | yes, I know all about the ancient gene needed to operate the jumper. | 是的 我知道操作那个Jumper 需要古人基因 |
[19:24] | but that’s not going to be a problem | 但是那不是问题 |
[19:26] | because you’re going to give us a hand. | 因为你会助我们一臂之力的 |
[19:29] | hold him. | 抓住他 |
[19:38] | last chance, johnny boy. | 最后的机会 Johnny 宝贝儿 |
[19:41] | you going to give me that idc? | 你愿意把IDC给我么? |
[19:47] | didn’t think so. | 我想不会 |
[20:10] | you’re an interesting man, sheppard. | 你是个有趣的人 Sheppard |
[20:12] | you travel to another galaxy, | 你穿梭于星际间 |
[20:14] | risk your life defending a bunch of people you don’t even know. | 冒着生命危险保护一群陌生人 |
[20:19] | if you ask me, you’re either someone with a death wish | 如果叫我说的话 你不是在找死 |
[20:22] | or someone running away from something. | 就是在逃避什么 |
[20:26] | so tell me, what are you running away from? | 那么告诉我 你在逃避什么? |
[20:34] | where have you been? | 你去哪了? |
[20:35] | all over. | 到各处转了一下 |
[20:36] | the electromagnetic radiation this device is giving off covers the entire city and well beyond. | 这装置发出的电磁辐射覆盖了整个城市 并延伸到了外面 |
[20:40] | I thought you said it wasn’t dangerous. | 我记得你说过它没有危险 |
[20:41] | oh, it’s not. at least, according to this– | 哦 确实没有危险 至少 根据这个… |
[20:43] | it’s operating at a relatively low frequency. | 它在以相当低的频率运行着 |
[20:45] | I think, at worst, some people may experience headaches or trouble sleeping– | 我认为 最坏的情况是 有些人可能会感到头疼或者失眠之类的 |
[20:49] | well, then, we’ll shut it off before bedtime. | 好吧 那么 我们在上床前把它关掉 |
[20:51] | in the meantime, | 同时 |
[20:52] | you should be focusing on the data. | 你也该关注下数据 |
[20:54] | i’m not getting anywhere with that. | 我什么东西都没看出来 |
[20:56] | I mean, despite the fact that I am a genius. | 尽管事实上我是个天才 |
[21:00] | – I said you were brilliant. I didn’t say you were a genius. – aw, same diff. | – 我是说你出色 并不是说你是个天才 – 呃 一个意思 |
[21:03] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[21:04] | you know, this script appears to be a lot less complicated than many we’ve encountered. | 这份数据记录比我们以前遇见过的 要简单许多 |
[21:07] | it’s only 12 symbols in an endlessly repeating yet varying sequences. | 只有12个符号组成了不同序列 然后无穷循环 |
[21:10] | yeah. I agree. | 没错 我同意 |
[21:13] | it’s very curious. | 这很奇怪 |
[21:15] | it’s like being asked to figure out the password for an alien laptop or something. | 像是要破解外星电脑什么的密码一样 |
[21:19] | I think that if we– what? what are you doing? | 我想如果我们… 怎么了? 你在做什么? |
[21:23] | i’m figuring out the alien’s password. | 我要计算出外星人的密码 |
[21:26] | – rodney, I was kidding. – no, it makes sense– | – Rodney 我是在开玩笑 – 不 有可能是这样 |
[21:28] | every kid with a computer password-protects. why wouldn’t an alien? | 小孩都知道设立密保 为什么外星人不会呢? |
[21:34] | there. | 这里 |
[21:36] | – why didn’t I see that before? – what? | – 为什么之前我没发现呢? – 什么? |
[21:38] | the pattern isn’t in the text. it’s in the spaces in between the text, | 密码模式并不在文本里 而是在文本之间的空格里 |
[21:41] | each exactly 12 symbols in length. | 每个长度都是12个符号 |
[21:43] | each section of text is a multiple of 12– 24, 48, 96… | 而每一段文本都是12的倍数构成 |
[21:47] | separated by a 12-symbol space. | 然后被12个符号空间所划分开来 |
[21:50] | look, it’s– it’s a puzzle. it’s a prompt. | 看 这是 这是个谜语 是个输入提示 |
[21:52] | what are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[21:54] | running pattern recognition software on the 12-symbol sequence. | 运行模式识别软件来处理这个序列 |
[21:56] | hopefully I can come up with a 12-symbol permutation | 顺利的话 我可以找出一个 12符号组成的排列… |
[21:58] | that I can feed directly back into the device. | 然后直接反馈至装置 |
[22:01] | and if i’m right– if we’re right– | 然后如果我是对的 如果我们是对的 |
[22:04] | we unlock the alien laptop. | 我们就破解了外星人的笔记本电脑了 |
[22:17] | you poached my private spot. | 你侵入了我的个人领地 |
[22:19] | what? | 什么? |
[22:20] | uh… what I meant to say is you discovered my little personal area. | 呃… 我是说 你发现了我的私人小空间 |
[22:28] | this is where I come to be alone with my thoughts. | 这里是我独自冥想的地方 |
[22:31] | do you mind sharing it? | 介意分享吗? |
[22:33] | not at all. | 别客气 |
[22:38] | it’s beautiful. | 真美 |
[22:43] | I wish I could stay here forever. | 真希望能永远待在这儿 |
[22:48] | by the way, I wanted to thank you for earlier today. | 对了 早前的事我要跟你说声谢谢 |
[22:52] | I took your advice. | 我采取了你的意见 |
[22:54] | are they backing down? | 他们撤回命令了吗? |
[22:56] | unlikely. | 不太可能 |
[22:58] | but at the very least, I have the satisfaction of knowing I went out swinging. | 但最起码 我很开心知道自己可以华丽的离开 |
[23:04] | you’re a good man, richard. | 你是好人 Richard |
[23:08] | I really wish they could see that. | 真希望他们能看到这一点 |
[23:11] | vanessa, would you like to have dinner with me tonight? | Vanessa 今晚有幸能邀你共进晚餐吗? |
[23:15] | it would be my pleasure. | 乐意之极 |
[23:19] | wonderful. | 太好了 |
[23:21] | what time should I swing by to pick you up? | 那我几点来接你? |
[23:24] | it might be easier if we just met up. | 我觉得随缘更好 |
[23:28] | Mr. woolsey, you’re off radio. | Woolsey先生 您的对讲机没开 |
[23:30] | dr. mckay needs to see you right away. | McKay博士需要立刻见你 |
[23:43] | that is the historical, scientific, and technological records of an extinct civilization, | 这是一个已灭绝种族的历史 及科技的记录 |
[23:48] | and if this device is any indication, | 照这个装置来看 |
[23:50] | a highly advanced one at that. | 绝对是非常先进的种族 |
[23:52] | I mean, medical breakthroughs, specifications for advanced weaponry– | 我是说(这就等于是)医学突破 先进武器的说明书 |
[23:55] | – this is incredible. – it… is. | – 这太不可思议了 – 没…错 |
[23:58] | I sense a “but”. | 我感觉 有”但是” |
[23:59] | no, no, no. no, no, no. no “buts”. | 不 不 不 不 不 没有”但是” |
[24:02] | a “by the way”, maybe. | 也许是 “顺便” |
[24:03] | i’m listening. | 我听着呢 |
[24:04] | like I said, the device contains the records for a long-dead civilization. | 如我所说 这个装置储存着 一个灭绝已久的文明记录 |
[24:08] | but it also contains the chemical building blocks for a silicon-based lifeform. | 但是它里面同时保存着一种硅基生命形式 的化学结构的基本单元 |
[24:13] | what does that mean? | 什么意思? |
[24:14] | this device was designed to seed planets with organisms that would, in time, evolve into a sentient race. | 这个装置被设计来在有有机物的星球上”播种” 种子最后进化为有意识的种族 |
[24:20] | once that sentient race reached a certain level of intellectual maturity, | 一但这种有意识的种族 进化到成熟的智力水平阶段 |
[24:23] | they could then benefit from the information left for them by their extinct ancestors. | 灭绝的老祖宗们留下的信息 就会为他们更好的发展 |
[24:28] | so what happened? | 那么发生了什么? |
[24:30] | i’m not sure. | 我也不清楚 |
[24:31] | obviously, they didn’t complete their journey. they ended up here instead. | 显然 它们并未完成旅行 而是到了我们这儿 |
[24:34] | still, with the help of thedaedalus, we could ensure that it finally reached its target destination. | 仍然 如果有Daedalus的帮助 我们可以保证它最后还是会到达目的地的 |
[24:41] | okay, | 好吧 |
[24:42] | let’s copy the data and then send it on its way. | 把数据复制了 然后送他们上路 |
[24:44] | which is where the “oh, by the way” comes in. | 这就是 “顺便” 该登场的地方了 |
[24:47] | look, | 听着 |
[24:48] | this device is set up in such a way that accessing the data would do irreparable damage to the biological samples. | 这个装置的制造方式 导致一旦访问其数据 就会对里面的生物标本造成不可修复的损害 |
[24:54] | in other words, it’s either/or? | 换句话说 就是二选一? |
[24:56] | either we take the data or we send it on its way. | 要么获取数据 要么送他们上路 |
[25:00] | we can’t do both. | 没有两全齐美的办法 |
[25:06] | you disappoint me, john. | 你让我失望了 John |
[25:08] | I didn’t think you’d be this easy to break. | 我没想到 你这么容易被击破 |
[25:11] | even those two scientists you came with put up more of a fight– before we killed them. | 即使那两个和你一起来的科学家 在被杀前反抗的都比你多 |
[25:17] | just another two you couldn’t save. | 只是你救不了他们了 |
[25:20] | we’re done. | 搞定了 |
[25:24] | – it’s operational? – yes, we used the genetic material to initiate it. | – 可行吗? – 是的 我们用基因材料完成了初始化 |
[25:27] | you hear that, sheppard? | 听到了吗 Sheppard? |
[25:29] | we’ve got the jumper– | Jumper是我们的了 |
[25:31] | sir, we can come back and deal with him once we’re done with atlantis. | 长官 我们可以搞定Atlantis后 再来解决他 |
[25:34] | no. | 不 |
[25:35] | we deal with him now. | 现在就解决他 |
[25:36] | find him and kill him. | 找到然后杀了他 |
[25:44] | hello, ellen. | 你好 Ellen |
[25:45] | hello… you. | 你好… 你 |
[25:48] | amelia, could you please do me a favor and pass on a message to dr. vanessa conrad? | Amelia 可以帮我个忙吗? 给Vanessa Conrad博士发条信息 |
[25:53] | she’s in one of the science departments. | 她在某个科学部工作 |
[25:55] | please tell her that, given dr. mckay’s recent findings, we may have to | 告诉她 考虑到Mckay博士的新发现 我们可能 |
[25:59] | reschedule our dinner tonight. | 要重新安排晚餐的时间了 |
[26:03] | dr. conrad? are you sure, sir? | Conrad博士? 你确定 长官? |
[26:06] | better yet, | 倒不如 |
[26:07] | why don’t you just tell me where her quarters are? | 告诉我她住哪里? |
[26:09] | I suppose it’s only proper that I tell her personally. | 我觉得亲自告诉她比较合适 |
[26:12] | there’s nothing here, sir. | 没有记录 长官 |
[26:14] | she hasn’t been assigned quarters yet? | 还没有给她分配住处吗? |
[26:16] | no sir, according to this, there’s no dr. conrad on atlantis. | 不是长官 根据记录表明 Atlantis上没有一位Conrad博士 |
[26:44] | amelia, the woman I was talking to when you approached me earlier today… | Amelia 今天早些时候 你去找我时 和我说话的那个女人 |
[26:49] | sir? | 长官? |
[26:50] | on the balcony. | 在阳台上 |
[26:52] | the woman I was speaking with when you delivered the message from dr. mckay. | 你来传达McKay博士消息时 和我说话的那个女人 |
[26:56] | she probably left before I got there, sir. | 也许我去时她已经走了 长官 |
[26:59] | when I approached you on the balcony, you were alone. | 我去阳台找你时 你是一个人 |
[27:24] | there’s nothing wrong with you. | 你没病 |
[27:26] | what’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[27:27] | uh, i’ll let you know in a second. i’m just looking over your results. | 呃 马上告诉你 我正在看你的检查结果 |
[27:30] | she won’t find anything. | 她查不出来的 |
[27:33] | according to this, you’re fine. | 结果表明 你没事 |
[27:35] | – perfectly normal. – see? | – 非常正常 – 看到了吧? |
[27:37] | then what is going on? | 那是怎么回事? |
[27:39] | why isn’t your name in the database? | 你的名字为什么不在数据库里 |
[27:40] | why couldn’t amelia see you earlier today? | 为什么今天那会Amelia看不到你? |
[27:44] | uh… i’m pretty sure my name is in the database. | 呃… 我很确定我的名字在数据库里 |
[27:47] | and as for amelia, if she has a medical concern, there’s no reason why she shouldn’t see me. | 至于Amelia 如果她有什么健康问题 她没理由不来找我 |
[27:51] | when did she come by? | 她什么时候来的? |
[27:52] | she can’t see me, richard. | 她看不到我的 Richard |
[27:55] | only you can see me. | 只有你能 |
[27:57] | why? | 为什么? |
[27:58] | i’d like to clarify the misunderstanding. | 我要澄清下误会 |
[28:01] | I don’t want her thinking I turned her away. | 我不想让她认为我拒绝她来 |
[28:03] | uh… amelia’s fine. | 呃… Amelia 很好 |
[28:05] | i’ll talk to her. | 我会和她谈的 |
[28:09] | great. | 好吧 |
[28:10] | um, as for you, | 呃 至于你 |
[28:13] | you said you’ve been feeling unwell? | 你说你觉得不舒服? |
[28:15] | uh… that’s right. | 呃… 是的 |
[28:18] | tired? | 累了? |
[28:19] | somewhat. | 有点 |
[28:21] | any visual symptoms? shadows or flashes in your field of vision? | 有没有什么视觉症状 视野里有没有阴影或者闪光? |
[28:29] | sort of. yes. | 一点点 |
[28:31] | what about auditory symptoms? occasional ringing or buzzing or whistling? | 那听觉症状呢? 有没有什么间断的鸣声 嗡嗡声或者口哨声? |
[28:35] | we need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[28:36] | yes. the occasional buzzing. | 对 偶尔会有嗡嗡声 |
[28:38] | somewhere private. | 找个私人的地方 |
[28:41] | there it goes again. | 又响了 |
[28:44] | I bet you haven’t been sleeping very well, | 我敢说你肯定没睡好 |
[28:47] | what with this whole probationary review… | 实习期评审肯定很磨人 |
[28:50] | of course. | 当然 |
[28:51] | that’s it exactly. | 就是这样 |
[28:52] | you’re obviously under a lot of stress, | 你给自己压力太大了 |
[28:53] | and sometimes anxiety can manifest itself in a variety of ways, | 有时焦虑本身可以表现出很多种方式 |
[28:58] | but these are going to help you relax and sleep through the night. | 这些可以帮你放松下晚上睡个好觉 |
[29:02] | and hopefully, once you’re well rested, you’ll be feeling much better, | 顺利地话 睡醒了 你会觉得好很多 |
[29:05] | and your symptoms will disappear. but if they don’t, | 症状也会消失 但是如果没有的话 |
[29:08] | come back and see me. okay? | 再回来找我 好吗? |
[29:10] | thank you, doctor. | 谢谢 医生 |
[29:12] | I wouldn’t advise taking those. | 我不建议你吃药 |
[29:23] | how long have you been standing there? | 你站那儿多久了? |
[29:25] | sorry. I just… | 抱歉 我只是… |
[29:27] | didn’t want to disturb you. you seemed deep in thought. | 不想打扰你 你看起来在沉思 |
[29:29] | i’m always deep in thought. keeps me sharp. | 我经常沉思以保持思维敏捷 |
[29:32] | and sleepless. | 也会使我失眠 |
[29:34] | so, what are you working on? | 所以你在弄什么呢? |
[29:36] | i’m just analyzing the readings from the radiation the device is emitting. | 正分析那装置发出的辐射读数呢 |
[29:39] | oh, jeez, again with the radiation. | 噢 呀 又是辐射 |
[29:40] | hey, i’m just killing time till woolsey gives us the green light to start data retrieval on that thing. | 嘿 我只是在打法时间 等Woolsey下令 收集那东西的资料 |
[29:45] | you think he will? | 你觉得他会答应? |
[29:47] | of course. this is huge– | 当然了 这个非常重要 |
[29:48] | the chronicled achievements of an alien race, are you kidding me? | 可以记入史册的外星发现 你在开玩笑吗? |
[29:54] | whoa, wait a minute. | 噢 等等 |
[29:56] | what? | 怎么了? |
[29:58] | the modulated, ultra-low frequency emanating from the device… | 这装置发出的调制超低频射线 |
[30:01] | i’ve seen something like this before. | 我好像在哪见过 |
[30:06] | oh, no. | 噢 不 |
[30:35] | i’m sorry I made you doubt your sanity. | 抱歉让你怀疑自己神智是否清晰 |
[30:37] | who are you? | 你是谁? |
[30:38] | what are you? | 什么东西? |
[30:40] | i’m a physical manifestation of your subconscious romantic and sexual ideals. | 我是你潜意识中对于浪漫以及异性幻想 的物理呈现 |
[30:47] | oh, god. | 噢 上帝 |
[30:49] | you’re not crazy. | 你没有疯 |
[30:51] | you’re really seeing me. | 你是真的能看见我 |
[30:53] | why? | 为什么? |
[30:54] | i’m sorry I had to deceive you, | 抱歉之前骗了你 |
[30:56] | but the survival of an entire civilization is at stake. | 但是一个文明的存活正岌岌可危 |
[31:00] | this has something to do with that device dr. mckay recovered, doesn’t it? | 和McKay博士的发现的装置有关 是吗? |
[31:06] | Richard? richard? | |
[31:08] | she can’t see me. | 她看不到我 |
[31:15] | yes? | 怎么了? |
[31:20] | I thought I heard you talking with someone. | 我听见你在和人说话 |
[31:23] | no. | 没有 |
[31:25] | I was running through the pep talk i’m going to be giving the gang in microbiology. | 我在顺演讲稿 我准备给他们普及普及微生物学 |
[31:30] | really? | 真的? |
[31:32] | you know, I saw you on the balcony this afternoon talking with… | 我今天下午看到你在阳台上… |
[31:35] | yourself. | 自言自语 |
[31:38] | i… occasionally do verbalize my thoughts. | 我…时不时地会把自己的思维过程说出来 |
[31:41] | it helps me put things in perspective. | 可以让我更好的剖析问题 |
[31:43] | a casual observer might find that sort of behavior a little disconcerting, | 不经意的人可能会发现这种行为 有些尴尬 |
[31:46] | especially coming from someone in your position… | 尤其是在你这个位子上的人 |
[31:49] | faced with a very important decision. | 需要面对重要的决策 |
[31:51] | oh, | 噢 |
[31:52] | another nail in my coffin? | 又要记上一笔? |
[31:54] | dr. mckay briefed me on the device he recovered. | McKay博士向我汇报了他找到的装置的情况 |
[31:57] | yes, it is an impressive find. | 是的 那是个巨大的发现 |
[31:58] | – that doesn’t belong to you. – please– sit down. | – 但不属于你 – 请…. 坐 |
[32:05] | he tells me you’ve delayed giving the go-ahead on the data retrieval. | 他告诉我你迟迟没有批准他读取数据 |
[32:09] | i’m not sure if dr. mckay explained the dilemma we’re facing– | 我不太清楚McKay博士是否向你解释了 我们面对的两难状况 |
[32:13] | I can’t even believe you’re considering letting this slip away. | 我不敢相信你在考虑错过这种好事 |
[32:16] | there are other issues to consider– | 有很多其他的问题要考虑 |
[32:18] | – such as? – the fate of another race. | – 比如说? – 另一个种族的命运 |
[32:20] | will you stay out of this! | 你能不能别插手! |
[32:23] | I will do no such thing. | 我不能 |
[32:26] | their civilization is dead. ours, on the other hand, is very much alive, | 他们的文明已经灭绝 而我们的还非常的朝气蓬勃 |
[32:29] | and we could use that information. | 我们可以利用这些信息 |
[32:31] | we’d be robbing a civilization of the opportunity to rebuild itself. | 我们是在夺取一个文明 重新复苏的机会 |
[32:35] | there’s no guarante that a civilization will evolve from the seeding process. | 没有任何保证任何文明 会在播种进程中进化出来 |
[32:39] | the entire race could die out | 整个种族可能在… |
[32:40] | before it even reached sentient status. | 它进化到意识形态前就灭绝了 |
[32:42] | and we would be throwing away an incredible opportunity. | 而我们则是扔掉了一个天大的机会 |
[32:45] | or consigning billions of potential lives | 或者把数十亿的潜在生命 |
[32:50] | to oblivion. | 完全抹杀 |
[32:55] | I can’t believe your good fortune, richard. | 我不敢相信你的好运 Richard |
[32:58] | this is your opportunity to show the team back home that you can play ball. | 这是你回去向组织展示你可以 胜任的绝好机会 |
[33:02] | follow procedure and save your job, | 遵守程序 然后挽救你的工作 |
[33:06] | or you can hand it to me on a silver platter. | 要不就把它双手献于我 |
[33:09] | your choice. | 你来决定 |
[33:49] | How dare you threaten me? | 你居然敢威胁我? |
[33:51] | it’s not a threat, richard. | 我没有威胁你Richard |
[33:53] | i’m simply telling you how things are going to play out | 我只是单纯的告诉你 事情该怎么处理 |
[33:56] | if we lose that device. | 如果我们失去了那个装置 |
[33:58] | richard, please. | Richard 拜托 |
[33:59] | they were a kind and peaceful race, one well worth saving. | 他们是善良和和平的种族 是值得被拯救的种族 |
[34:03] | we need to get rid of it! | 我们得除掉它 |
[34:05] | the energy signature that device is giving off is very similar to one we encountered on m1b-129. | 那个装置放出的能量特征和我们 在M1B-129上遇到过的很像 |
[34:09] | it can induce mass hallucinations. | 它可以导致大规模的幻觉 |
[34:11] | or function as a means of communication between two very different species. | 或者成为两种不同种族之间的通讯工具 |
[34:17] | let’s act quickly. | 快点行动 |
[34:19] | salvage the data and destroy the device. | 回收数据 然后摧毁装置 |
[34:22] | thank you all– | 谢谢你们 |
[34:23] | both for enlightening me. i’ll make my decision shortly. | 一起来开导我 我稍后会做出决定的 |
[34:28] | please. | 拜托 |
[34:36] | now… | 现在… |
[34:38] | why don’t you tell me what’s going on? | 你为什么不告诉我到底是怎么回事? |
[34:41] | this has gone on long enough. use your other hand. | 时间已经足够了 用你的另一只手 |
[34:45] | go on. | 快啊 |
[34:49] | I have no intention of letting you die. | 我并不想把你至于死地 |
[34:53] | now, climb back up, john. | 爬上来吧 |
[35:00] | that’s it. | 就这样 |
[35:16] | what the hell’s going on here? | 这到底是怎么回事? |
[35:19] | tens of thousands of years ago, | 几万年前 |
[35:21] | a civilization foresaw its end. | 一个文明到达了它的终点 |
[35:24] | after millions of years of evolution, | 在数百万年的进化后 |
[35:27] | the race known as the sekkari faced extinction. | 一个叫做Sekkari的种族面临灭绝 |
[35:30] | knowing they couldn’t save themselves, | 知道他们无法挽救自己 |
[35:31] | they spent their final days creating the means to start over. | 在最后的日子里他们创造出 重生的方法 |
[35:35] | they built seed carriers, | 它们制造这些播种器 |
[35:37] | each with a different target world programmed into its navigation system, | 它们每一个的导航系里都有 规定好的目的地 |
[35:41] | worlds that would provide them with the chemical compounds necessary | 那些星球都有必需的化学物质 |
[35:44] | to produce, sustain, and develop life. | 来创造和维持Sekkari的生命 |
[35:48] | each seed carrier also held a repository containing the history of the sekkarI people– | 每个播种器还自带知识库 包含所有Sekkari的历史 |
[35:53] | their struggles, their achievements, | 它们的挣扎和成就 |
[35:54] | and the mistakes that ultimately led to their own destruction. | 和那个最后令它们灭绝的错误 |
[35:57] | the seed carriers were outfitted with subspace communicators | 每个播种器都配备了亚空间通讯器 |
[36:00] | designed to alert the group once a seeding was successful. | 如果一个成功了 则会联络其它播种器 |
[36:04] | over 50 were launched. | 总共发射了50多个播种器 |
[36:05] | none achieved their goal. | 没有一个到达预定的目的地 |
[36:07] | this unit malfunctioned. | 这个播种器中途出了故障 |
[36:09] | I guided it to the nearest planet– | 我将它导航到了最近的星球 |
[36:10] | this world, | 就是这 |
[36:11] | in the hope that it would prove suitable to the life-forming process. | 抱着也许这星球可以支持 我们生命的希望 |
[36:15] | it wasn’t. | 但没有成功 |
[36:16] | this device survived re-entry relatively unscathed, | 这个播种器毫无损伤地穿过了大气层 |
[36:20] | then spent the next 2,000 years at the ocean’s bottom, | 然后在海底沉眠了2000多年 |
[36:23] | until recently, | 直到最近 |
[36:24] | when its dormant systems were awakened | 休眠的系统侦测到 |
[36:26] | by its sensors picking up trace readings from one of your submerged puddle jumpers. | 水下Jumper的能量信号而被唤醒 |
[36:30] | the one dr. mckay flew up out of the underwater bay several weeks ago. | 就是McKay博士前几周操纵的那个 |
[36:33] | I scanned your city, | 我扫描整个城市 |
[36:35] | and then I linked with you. | 并决定跟你联络 |
[36:38] | what are you? | 你到底是谁? |
[36:39] | i’m the seed carrier’s artificial intelligence. | 我是播种器里的人工智能 |
[36:42] | my aim was to study you, to get to know you, | 我的目的是学习并了解你 |
[36:45] | and, eventually, direct you to help complete this unit’s assignment. | 最后 引导你来帮助完成它的使命 |
[36:48] | – by manipulating me. – no. | – 让我被你操纵 – 不 |
[36:50] | by finding out what kind of person you were | 我只想弄清你的为人 |
[36:52] | in the hope that we could place our trust in you. | 从而将此重任依托给你 |
[36:55] | couldn’t you have simply communicated your situation to us from the beginning? | 你为何不一开始就直接跟我们说明白呢? |
[37:00] | please understand– | 请你理解– |
[37:01] | I am the last hope for the sekkarI people. | 我是Sekkari族最后的希望 |
[37:04] | I couldn’t risk it. | 我实在无法冒这个风险 |
[37:07] | i’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[37:10] | as a soldier, you were a threat. | 因为你是军人 你对我是个威胁 |
[37:12] | if anyone was to use force to secure the repository, it would have been you, | 如果任何人想用武力夺取知识库 那个人一定是你 |
[37:15] | the military man. | 一个军人 |
[37:17] | so I connected with your mind to distract you. | 所以 我试图让你分心 |
[37:20] | distract me? | 让我分心? |
[37:23] | making me think the jumper had been sabotaged would’ve been enough of a distraction. | 让我觉得Jumper被破坏就足够了 |
[37:26] | you would have discovered the subterfuge. | 你会很快看穿那花招的 |
[37:28] | i’m unable to maintain a static illusion over time. | 我无法长时间保持那个幻觉的 |
[37:31] | it was necessary to keep your mind occupied. | 但我必需让你分散注意力 |
[37:34] | – and that’s what you chose? – what you chose. | – 你选Kolya来折磨我? – 他是你选的 |
[37:36] | I didn’t have full control over your hallucination or the direction it took. | 我无法完全控制你的幻觉 |
[37:41] | it was your mind driving the diversion. | 这都是你的意识中出来的 |
[37:43] | I merely played along. | 我只是配合着你的意识罢了 |
[37:45] | are you saying I tortured myself? | 你是说我一直在折磨我自己? |
[37:47] | you torture yourself every day, john. | John 你每天都在折磨自己 |
[37:49] | but in this case, it was your mind manifesting your darkest fears. | 就事论事 这是你的意识表现出 你心里最深处的惧怕罢了 |
[37:53] | you were the architect of your own self-deception. | 你自己创造了这个骗局 |
[37:59] | now you know the truth | 你现在知道真相了 |
[38:02] | and have a decision to make. | 就看你如何决定了 |
[38:09] | – colonel, where were you? do you know how long we’ve been sitting here– – shut up. | – 中校 你去哪了? 我们等了很长 – 别抱怨了 |
[38:12] | get in the jumper. | 快进来吧 |
[38:18] | sorry to disturb you, ms. shen, | Shen女士 打扰你一下 |
[38:21] | but you’ve just received a secure transmission from earth. | 但有你从地球来的保密通讯 |
[38:23] | can I patch it through? | 你能传到我这来吗? |
[38:25] | go ahead. | 好了 |
[38:29] | luthor. how are things? | Luthor 近来可好? |
[38:31] | well, but I felt it only fair to inform you of recent developments here. | 很好 不过我想我该通知你这里的最新情况 |
[38:37] | as much as I believe you’d be a worthy candidate to replace richard woolsey, | 尽管我对你接替Woolsey很有信心 |
[38:41] | i’m afraid the rest of the council feels otherwise. | 但恐怕议会的其他成员已另有人选 |
[38:44] | it looks like we’ll be going with james coolidge instead. | 看来我们要推荐James Coolidge来接班 |
[38:47] | – Coolidge?! – coolidge?! – don’t worry. | – Coolidge?! – 你别担心 |
[38:49] | you’ll still be rewarded for facilitating the transition. | 你当然会得到完成交接工作的奖赏 |
[38:53] | congratulations. you’ll be chairing the i.o.a.’s new environmental initiative. | 恭喜你成为IOA的新任环境部主席 |
[39:08] | well, i’m off. | 我该走了 |
[39:11] | I suppose i’ll be joing you shortly. | 我想我随后也要离开了 |
[39:13] | don’t make any holiday plans. | 你还是别做任何计划 |
[39:15] | you’re not going anywhere. | 你还会留在这里 |
[39:16] | I gave you a glowing review. | 我在汇报了高度赞扬你的成绩 |
[39:19] | and since your future rests entirely on my report, | 而鉴于你的未来全靠我的汇报 |
[39:23] | i’d like to be the first to congratulate you as the new permanent commander | 我想先恭喜你成为Atlantis探险队 |
[39:27] | of the atlantis expedition. | 最新的指挥官 |
[39:30] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[39:33] | like you, richard, i’m nobody’s puppet. | 就像你 Richard 我也不是墙头草 |
[39:37] | they should’ve thought of that before delivering yesterday’s update. | 他们昨天跟我联络时 应该认识到这个事实 |
[39:41] | good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[39:49] | yesterday’s update? | 昨天的联络? |
[39:51] | I don’t know what she’s talking about, sir. | 我不知道她在说什么 长官 |
[39:53] | we haven’t had a scheduled dial-out in days. | 我们这几天都没计划任何星门播出 |
[40:05] | could I have a moment alone, amelia? | Amelia 你能让我单独待会儿吗? |
[40:07] | yes, sir. | 当然可以 |
[40:12] | I assume that you’re responsible for that? | 我想这是你干的? |
[40:14] | consider it a going-away present. | 把这个当作一个离别的礼物吧 |
[40:18] | thank you. | 谢谢你了 |
[40:22] | alrighty. | 就这样 |
[40:23] | here we are, all fixed up | 全部都修好了 |
[40:26] | and ready to roll. | 可以随时出发了 |
[40:27] | what happens to you when you reach your final destination? | 当你到达你的目的地 你会干嘛? |
[40:29] | destination? | 目的地? |
[40:31] | ah, you’re talking to the a.i., aren’t you? uh… | 你在跟那个人工智能说话 对不? |
[40:34] | i’ll start the process that will give life to the sekkari, | 我会开始重建Sekkari文明 |
[40:37] | and then i’ll go to sleep until a time when i’m needed again. | 之后继续沉眠直到需要我的时候 |
[40:44] | John john, | |
[40:46] | I realize it may have been an unpleasant experience– | 我认识到 你经历了些不愉快的事情 |
[40:48] | yeah, well, just a little bit. | 呵呵 就一点罢了 |
[40:51] | what– you can see her too? | 什么… 你也能看到她? |
[40:52] | and I want you to know i’m sorry for what you had to go through. | 我想告诉你 我很抱歉你要 承受那段经历 |
[40:58] | the apollois ready to beam. | Apollo已经就位了 |
[41:03] | the ship will take you to your target planet. | 这艘船会带你去目的地 |
[41:05] | i’m sorry, I don’t mean to complain or anything, | 我很抱歉 我不是想要抱怨 |
[41:07] | it’s just that I have spent the better part of a day making sure this was in working order. | 只是我花了大半天时间 来确保这个东西能正常工作 |
[41:10] | it would be kind of nice to just get a little face time with the– | 如果能稍为看一眼你就太好了 |
[41:13] | here you are, dr. mckay– | McKay博士 给你看一下… |
[41:15] | the true form of the sekkari. | Sekkari人的真实形态 |
[41:22] | neat. | 真巧妙 |
[41:27] | good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[41:34] | “neat”? | “真巧妙”? (常被工程技术人员 特别是程序员形容事物技术高超) |
[41:36] | what? i– she caught me off guard. what did you want me to say? | 啥? 她给了我个措手不及 你指望我能说什么? |
[41:38] | what would you have said? | 你会说什么? |
[41:40] | oh, “weird.” | 哦 “怪异” |
[41:47] | Mr. woolsey. | Woolsey先生 |
[41:48] | would you care to join us? | 你愿意和我们一起吃吗? |
[41:50] | well, actually, I have some reports to file… | 啊 事实上 我还有些报告要入档… |
[41:54] | thank you. i’d love to join you. | 谢谢你 我很乐意一起吃 |
[42:01] | so, you really had no idea that what you were seeing wasn’t real? | 那么 你们真的不知道 你们看见的不是真的? |
[42:05] | trust me, | 相信我 |
[42:07] | the manifestations were very convincing, doctor. you wouldn’t have known. | 那个外观形态非常的真实 绝对看不出破绽的 |
[42:11] | well, with all due respect, | 但是 恕我直言 |
[42:12] | I think they knew they couldn’t fool me, so they, you know, didn’t bother. | 我觉得他们知道他们骗不了我 所以他们就没花那个心思 |
[42:16] | they just concentrated on you two. | 他们把注意力放在里你们两个身上 |
[42:18] | you know what I don’t get, | 但有一点我不明白 |
[42:19] | is the a.i. thing revealed itself that morning, | 那个人工智能上午一现身 |
[42:22] | you discover the device that afternoon. | 你下午就发现了那个装置 |
[42:24] | I mean, that’s perfect timing. | 这个也有点太巧了 |
[42:26] | the colonel’s right. that was very coincidental. | 中校说的没错 这确实太巧了 |
[42:28] | and I know what you’re implying, | 我知道你想说什么 |
[42:29] | but my mind was clear. | 但我的思维非常清楚 |
[42:31] | that device was found because of my brilliant thinking and, | 那个能被发现是靠我的聪明才智 还有… |
[42:34] | as much as I hate to admit it, a little help from zelenka. | 虽然我很不想承认 但Zelenka也给了一些帮助 |
[42:37] | what are you talking about? zelenka’s off-world. | 你在说什么啊? Zelenka去外星执行任务了 |
[42:39] | no, he’s not. he came back yesterday. | 不 他昨天回来了 |
[42:44] | lieutenant donovan had a nasty reaction to something he ate, they came back early. | Donovan中尉吃东西过敏 所以他们提早回来了 |
[42:49] | didn’t they? | 不是吗? |
[42:54] | aw, son of a– | 哦 该死的 |
[42:55] | guess it wasn’t that much of coincidence after all. | 看来一切都不是巧合啊 |