时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | She used to leave the lights on all over the house, | 她喜欢让房子里的灯都开着 |
[00:09] | every room. | 每个房间 |
[00:11] | It drove my father nuts. | 这让我父亲非常生气 |
[00:13] | For me, it was my brother | 对我来说 是我的弟弟 |
[00:15] | only we hadn’t lights. | 我们没有电灯 |
[00:17] | He used to leave candles burning everywhere. | 他喜欢到处点蜡烛 |
[00:20] | Yeah, well, you know what? | 好了 知道么? |
[00:20] | No-one wants to hear any more stories about how poor you were as a child, alright? | 没有人想再听到你说 自己孩提时代是多么贫穷的故事了 |
[00:24] | We already feel as sorry for you as is humanly possible. | 我们已经给予你最大的同情了 |
[00:27] | He burned the house down, you know? | 可他把房子烧了 知道么? |
[00:28] | My sister was afraid of the dark, | 我妹妹很怕黑 |
[00:30] | only used to blame me for leaving the lights on. | 她总是怪我没有关灯 |
[00:33] | Of course, my father believed her. | 当然 我父亲相信她 |
[00:35] | He *never* sided with me. | 他从来没有站在我这边 |
[00:36] | We had to live in a tent | 我们不得不住在一顶帐篷中 |
[00:38] | in the dead of winter for three months. | 在残酷的冬天中度过三个月 |
[00:40] | You know, at least my stories relate to what we’re doing. | 至少我的故事 跟我们现在正在做的事情有关 |
[00:42] | So do mine. | 我的也是 |
[00:43] | You know, we’re trekking all over the city | 我们走遍整个城市 |
[00:45] | shutting down everything the Ancients activated | 一个一个关掉古人在控制期间 |
[00:47] | while they were oh-so-briefly in control | 开启的设备 |
[00:49] | so that we can stop the power from draining from our one precious ZedPM. | 以阻止它们继续消耗 我们那个宝贵ZPM的能量 |
[00:53] | How does that relate to your idiot brother burning the house down? | 这跟你那白痴弟弟烧掉房子 有什么联系? |
[00:55] | Well, if we don’t succeed … | 好吧 如果我们没有成功… |
[00:56] | We’re not gonna have to live in a tent in the dead of winter! | 那我们也没有必要在帐篷中 度过寒冷的冬天! |
[00:59] | It’s a metaphor. | 打个比方而已 |
[01:01] | Doctor McKay. | McKay博士 |
[01:02] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[01:04] | The control panel. | 控制面板 |
[01:05] | It’s completely shot. | 彻底坏了 |
[01:06] | Really? You think so? | 是么?你认为是? |
[01:08] | You know, I don’t get these Ancients. | 我不理解那些古人 |
[01:10] | They’re supposed to be so smart, | 他们应该非常聪明才对 |
[01:11] | but why activate something that you don’t need and you’re not using, huh? | 可为什么启动这些 不需要也用不到设备呢? |
[01:15] | Well, maybe they didn’t have time to get to it – | 也许他们没有时间考虑 |
[01:16] | you know, before the human-form Replicators that you reprogrammed attacked. | 你知道的 你重新编码的人形复制者 当时正准备攻击他们 |
[01:19] | Yes, yes, we all know what happened. | 是的 是的 我们都知道发生了什么 |
[01:24] | Ah. | 啊 |
[01:25] | Voila Voila. | |
[01:26] | You’re just angry that you couldn’t figure out how to override the Ancient protocols | 你刚才生气是因为 不知道如何越过古人的程序 |
[01:30] | that kept us from shutting this place down remotely from the Control Room. | 而正是那个东西不让我们 在控制室远程关掉这个地方 |
[01:33] | Hey, neither could you. | 嘿 你也不行啊 |
[01:34] | Yes, but I didn’t bet everyone a month’s pay that I could do it. | 是啊 可我不会跟大家赌一个月的工资 说自己可以做到 |
[01:37] | You … | 你… |
[01:37] | OK, you know what? | OK 知道么? |
[01:38] | Look around, see if you can figure out how you can turn this place off, | 四处看看 看能不能找到 关掉这个地方的办法 |
[01:41] | whatever it is. | 不管是什么 |
[01:43] | Are you sure you should be going up there? | 你真的准备站到那个地方去么? |
[01:44] | How else am I gonna find out what this room does, huh? | 我还能指望谁来搞清楚 这个房间是做什么的呢? |
[01:47] | God forbid there should be anything in the Ancient database. | 不要这样 从古人的数据库中应该可以查到 |
[01:50] | Oh, there probably is. We just don’t have the time to … | 哦 可能吧 可我们没有时间… |
[01:52] | Ah, here we go. | 啊 瞧 |
[01:55] | OK, there should be a main power switch … | OK 应该有一个主电源开关… |
[01:56] | Yes, I *know* that. What do you think I’m doing? | 是的 我知道 你认为我在做什么呢? |
[02:00] | Alright – double or nothing. | 好吧 你打的那个赌 要加倍还是要勾销 |
[02:02] | Oh, you’re on. | 哦 继续赌 |
[02:03] | Alright! | 好的! |
[02:04] | Alright. It’s gotta be around here somewhere. | 好的 应该就在这周围 |
[02:21] | Rodney? Rodney? | |
[02:22] | What happened? | 怎么了? |
[02:26] | I’m not sure … | 不知道… |
[02:28] | but I think I just lost | 我刚才失去知觉了 |
[02:31] | big time. | 真可怕 |
[03:37] | As far as I can tell, he’s fine. | 据我所知 他没事 |
[03:39] | I was hit by a mysterious energy pulse. | 我可是被一股神秘的能量波击中了 |
[03:40] | How can that possibly be fine? | 怎么可能没事呢? |
[03:42] | I’ve run every test I can: | 我已经做了所有检测 |
[03:44] | blood work, MRIs, X-rays, the lot. | 验血 核磁共振 X光 等等 |
[03:46] | I found no anomalies in any of the results. | 没有发现有任何异常 |
[03:48] | One more time: mysterious energy pulse | 再说一遍:神秘的能量波 |
[03:51] | from a device created by the Ancients. | 来自古人建造的一个设备 |
[03:52] | I mean, who knows what kind of long-term effects I could be in for? | 谁敢肯定 不会给我造成 什么长期性的影响? |
[03:55] | I mean, there’s gross mutation, giantism, invisibility … | 比如说体重突变 巨人症 视力减退… |
[03:58] | That would be cool. *I* turned into a bug. | 那已经不错了 我以前还变成了虫子呢 |
[04:00] | Alright. Like I said, | 好吧 正如我所说的 |
[04:01] | as far as I can tell, he’s as healthy as a horse. | 就我目前所知而言 他壮得跟头牛一样 |
[04:03] | I’m clearing you for active duty. | 我保证你可以出勤 |
[04:05] | Are you insane?! | 你疯了? |
[04:06] | Look, I need to be put under guard. | 听着 我需要派人来保护 |
[04:07] | Who knows what I could become? | 谁知道我会变成什么样 |
[04:09] | What are the chances it could make him more pleasant? | 如果这样可以让他更高兴的话 |
[04:11] | Oh, thank you! | 哦 谢了! |
[04:12] | I’ll keep an eye on him. | 我会看着他 |
[04:13] | Thank *you*! | 谢了! |
[04:16] | Can you still see me? | 你还看得到我么? |
[04:19] | What are you saying? | 你说什么? |
[04:21] | That you were showing off. | 刚才在炫耀什么? |
[04:23] | Normally, if Doctor Esposito weren’t around, | 通常 要是Esposito博士不在场的话 |
[04:26] | I doubt you would have been as reckless as you were. | 我想你一定会不计后果 |
[04:28] | Are you insane? | 你疯了? |
[04:30] | Which one’s Esposito? | Esposito是谁? |
[04:31] | Oh, the long dark hair. | 噢 留着深色长发的那位 |
[04:33] | Ah, right. | 哦 对 |
[04:34] | The one with the perfect little, uh … | 那个长着小… |
[04:35] | Do you mind? We’re trying to work here. | 拜托 我们在工作呢 |
[04:37] | For the record, I was gonna say “smile.” | 说正经的 我刚才准备说”笑脸” |
[04:39] | Yeah, sure you were. What’ve you got? | 是啊 当然 你那边有什么发现没有? |
[04:41] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[04:43] | Whatever you did fried all the power conduits leading into the room. | 不管你当时做了什么 好像所有能量都被引到那个房间了 |
[04:45] | Whatever *I* did?! | 不管我当时做了什么? |
[04:47] | Look | 你看 |
[04:48] | up until very recently this lab was entirely under water | 直到最近 那个实验室 一直都被水淹着 |
[04:50] | quite possibly for over ten thousand years. | 很有可能已经超过一万年了 |
[04:52] | How is that *my* fault? | 那怎么可能是我的错? |
[04:53] | Well, *that* part of it isn’t. | 好吧 你说的那个部分不是 |
[04:55] | OK, that’s it. I’m going for lunch. | 好了 当然不是 我去吃午饭了 |
[04:58] | How’s he doing? | 他怎么了? |
[05:00] | Same old Rodney. | 还是原来那个Rodney啊 |
[05:01] | You’re sure? | 你确定? |
[05:02] | He looks a couple of pounds heavier to me. | 看起来比我还要重好几磅呢 |
[05:05] | Ronon Ronon. | |
[05:06] | What? | 什么? |
[05:07] | He eats all the time. | 他怎么老是在吃东西 |
[05:08] | It’s not like he exercises. | 这跟以前不一样 |
[05:10] | He’s feeding his unhappiness. | 他在用吃东西来补偿心中的不快 |
[05:12] | Hello?! | 喂! |
[05:13] | I’m right here. I can … | 我就在这里 我能… |
[05:19] | I can hear you. | 听到你们说话 |
[05:27] | For your information, | 对于你们刚才说的 |
[05:28] | I am exactly the same weight I have been since I got here. | 我现在的体重跟刚来这里时 是一样的 |
[05:30] | I need to eat regularly, otherwise I become hypoglycaemic; | 我需要按时吃东西 否则就会血糖过低 |
[05:33] | and I am generally a very happy person. | 另外 我还是一个非常快乐的人 |
[05:35] | Colonel Sheppard. Please have your team report to the Control Room immediately. | Sheppard中校 请带上你的队员 马上到控制室来 |
[05:39] | Colonel Sheppard. | Sheppard中校 |
[05:46] | We received this transmission six minutes ago from Major Lorne’s team. | 我们六分钟前收到Lorne少校的分队 发来这条消息 |
[05:51] | Atlantis base | Atlantis基地 |
[05:52] | repeat: we are under attack and cut off from the Gate. | 重复:我们正受到攻击 前往星门的道路被切断了 |
[05:55] | I counted at least twenty, maybe more. | 至少有20个 甚至更多敌人 |
[05:57] | Request backup immediately. | 请求立刻增援 |
[05:59] | Where are they? | 他们在哪儿? |
[06:01] | M72-656 M72-656. | |
[06:03] | Have a team of marines meet us in the Jumper Bay. | 集合一队海军陆战队员 到Jumper停靠舱与我们会合 |
[06:22] | Doctor Weir. | Weir博士 |
[06:24] | Any word? | 有消息没有 |
[06:25] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[06:26] | It *has* only been an hour. | 才过去了一个小时 |
[06:28] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我? |
[06:29] | Yes. I could use your help. | 是的 我需要你的帮助 |
[06:31] | I managed to get power to part of the console to access the lab’s research logs. | 我设法给部分控制台接通能量 这样就可以访问实验室的研究日志 |
[06:35] | Well, that’s good news. | 这是好消息 |
[06:35] | Well, I’m not so sure. I could use a second opinion. | 我还不敢肯定 也许是另外一回事 |
[06:44] | It seems much of this refers to different elements of human physiology. | 看上去很多是关于跟人类生理学的 |
[06:53] | It mentions the mutation of base genetic coding. | 这当中提到了底层遗传密码的突变 |
[06:57] | I realise Doctor Beckett said that | 我想起Beckett医生曾经说过 |
[06:58] | there were no evident effects from Rodney’s exposure to the device. | 没有迹象显示 这个仪器对Rodney造成了影响 |
[07:03] | It seems … | 它看上去是… |
[07:03] | … meant to manipulate human DNA. | 操纵人类的DNA |
[07:07] | Doctor Weir to the Jumper Bay. | Weir博士请到Jumper停靠舱 |
[07:09] | The rescue team has returned. | 救援队回来了 |
[07:11] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[07:15] | What else could it be?! | 还可能是什么原因? |
[07:17] | You’re losing your mind! | 你完全不知道自己在做什么 |
[07:18] | I’m telling you, it’s a bit of a coincidence! | 我跟你说了 这纯粹是巧合! |
[07:20] | Well, then, prove it! | 那好吧 证明给我们看 |
[07:22] | Colonel? | 中校 |
[07:23] | Everyone’s present and accounted for. | 所有人都带回来了 |
[07:25] | How bad is it and who’s been hurt? | 情况有多糟?有谁受伤了? |
[07:27] | No-one, Doc. We’re all fine … | 没人受伤 医生 我们都很好… |
[07:28] | thanks to McKay. | 多谢McKay |
[07:30] | So he says. | 正如他所说的 |
[07:31] | Rodney? Rodney? | |
[07:35] | Well, to be honest, I’m not entirely sure. | 好吧 老实说 我也不是很清楚 |
[07:36] | I wasn’t even sure it was me at first, | 首先 我甚至都不敢肯定是我做的 |
[07:38] | but | 不过 |
[07:38] | the correlation’s impossible to ignore. | 不能忽视这其中的相关性 |
[07:40] | I saw Lorne’s team pinned down, the bad guys closing in – | 当时我看到Lorne的队员们趴在地上 而敌人正在靠近 |
[07:42] | I just thought, | 于是就想 |
[07:44] | you know, wouldn’t it be great if all their weapons jammed | 要是他们的枪都卡壳了就好 |
[07:47] | at the same time? | 就在那时 |
[07:51] | OK | 好吧 |
[07:52] | Next thing I know, they’re all running away, so … | 接下来我知道的就是 他们都跑了 所以… |
[07:54] | So you think because you *wanted* it to happen, | 所以你认为因为你想这件事发生 |
[07:56] | it just did. | 于是就发生了? |
[07:57] | It was a little more than that. | 比这稍微复杂那么一点 |
[08:01] | OK. You know what? | OK 知道么? |
[08:02] | Watch this. | 瞧瞧这个 |
[08:03] | I’ll, uh … | 我会… |
[08:06] | Rodney! Rodney! | |
[08:10] | Rodney? Rodney? | |
[08:10] | Believe me, I find this as disturbing as you do. | 相信我 跟你一样 我也觉得很困惑 |
[08:12] | Like bloody hell you do! | 你在干什么啊! |
[08:16] | Put him down. | 把他放下来 |
[08:21] | Oh, God! | 噢 上帝啊! |
[08:24] | Have there been any other instances of this power manifesting itself? | 还有其它什么 可以演示你这种能力的么? |
[08:27] | Powers. Plural. | 不是一种 应该用复数 |
[08:29] | What else can you do besides telekinesis? | 除了心灵遥感 你还能做什么? |
[08:31] | Well, super-hearing for one | 还有顺风耳 |
[08:33] | and I’m not sure but I think I may actually be getting smarter. | 另外我还不是很确定 可我觉得自己变聪明了 |
[08:35] | It’s hard to say for sure because I was pretty smart to start with but, | 不能肯定是因为 我本身就已经很聪明了 |
[08:38] | um, recently I’ve been having some ideas that I don’t think even *I* would have thought of before. | 可是最近 我突然冒出一些 以前从来没有想起的念头 |
[08:41] | Does super-ego count as a power? | “超我”也能称作一种能力? |
[08:44] | Oh! Finally! | 噢!终于来了! |
[08:45] | Look, keep it coming. | 好的 继续 |
[08:46] | We could also be dealing with a super- appetite, | 另外还有你的超级胃口 |
[08:49] | although it’s hard to tell because he ate so much before. | 这个也很难讲 因为他以前 也吃这么多 |
[08:51] | *Very* funny. | 很有意思 |
[08:52] | My God! He’s eatin’ again! | 老天啊!他又开始吃了! |
[08:53] | I have a very active metabolism. | 我的新陈代谢速度非常快 |
[08:55] | Aye – among other things. | 是的 |
[08:56] | The scans show a dramatic increase in synaptic interaction | 扫瞄显示 他的神经活动非常活跃 |
[08:59] | throughout all the sections of Rodney’s brain | 大脑的各个区域都是如此 |
[09:02] | – much higher than normal human levels. | 远远超出了常人的范围 |
[09:05] | There was an incident at SGC just over a year ago. | 一年多前 SGC那边发生了类似的事件 |
[09:08] | I recall that file. | 我想起那份档案了 |
[09:09] | I studied the data. | 我研究过相关数据 |
[09:11] | Fascinating. | 很有意思 |
[09:12] | SG-1 discovered a highly-evolved human being in stasis. | SG-1发现了一个高度进化的人类 |
[09:14] | It turned out he was a result of experimentation by a Goa’uld named Anubis. | 后来发现他是Anubis实验的产物 |
[09:18] | He was trying to create a means of artificially accelerating human physiology to the point of ascension. | 他想通过人工的办法 加速人类升天的过程 |
[09:25] | Look, that device I found must have been some kind of an accelerator. | 我发现的那个设备 一定是某种加速器了 |
[09:28] | We know that the Ancients developed all *kinds* of powers as they evolved, | 我们知道 古人在进化过程中 会出现各种各样的超能力 |
[09:31] | so it’s just a matter of bad luck that we didn’t run into that lab earlier. | 这么说我们没有早点进入那个实验室 真是可惜啊 |
[09:34] | Seriously – | 老实说 |
[09:35] | me a superhero. | 我是个超级英雄 |
[09:36] | Who would have thought it? | 有谁会想到呢? |
[09:46] | Look, we all agree the Ancients were pretty screwed up. | 你看 我们都认为古人很不正常 |
[09:48] | We do? | 是么? |
[09:50] | All the ones *I* met were arrogant, | 我所碰到的古人 都那么傲慢 |
[09:52] | condescending – and *not* for good reason. | 目中无人 毫无理由的 |
[09:54] | They made giant mistakes and *never* fixed `em. | 他们犯下了巨大的错误 而且从来不加以改正 |
[09:57] | They *were* still human. | 他们仍然是人类 |
[09:58] | But then there were all those crazy rules. | 可是定下了这些疯狂的规矩 |
[10:00] | Those only came after they ascended. | 那些规矩是升天后的古人制定的 |
[10:02] | Whatever, alright? | 不管怎么说 |
[10:04] | Maybe this thing doesn’t work on everyone. | 也许不是在每个人身上都起作用 |
[10:06] | Who knows? But we *do* know it works on McKay. | 谁知道呢?可我们知道的是 在McKay身上的确发挥了作用 |
[10:08] | It has only been a day. | 只过去了一天而已 |
[10:11] | Assuming it’s safe | 假设这个东西是安全的 |
[10:12] | well, to be honest, even if it’s not | 老实说 即便不是安全的 |
[10:14] | if we can get a significant advantage over the Wraith and Replicators … | 只要我们可以 在同幽灵和复制者的战斗中取得优势… |
[10:16] | John, I agree – this device *may* have great potential. | John 我同意 这个设备可能有巨大的潜力 |
[10:19] | And with great potential comes great responsibility – I know. | 巨大的潜力也意味着更多的责任 我知道 |
[10:22] | Like a lot of other things we have found in this city, | 跟我们在城市中找到的 其它很多东西一样 |
[10:23] | it is a very advanced piece of technology. | 它具有非常先进的科技 |
[10:26] | For all we know, it could also be very dangerous. | 但也可能是非常危险的 |
[10:28] | I’m just saying … | 我只是说… |
[10:29] | Yes, you can be next. | 好的 你可以是下一个 |
[10:31] | Thank you! | 谢谢! |
[10:35] | You know, if you’re compiling a list, I’d … | 如果你在制定名单的话 我想… |
[10:38] | Could we stay focused, please? | 我们能不能集中精力? |
[10:40] | Right | 好的 |
[10:45] | C’mon. You can’t keep me cooped up in here forever. | 别这样 你不能把我永远关在这里 |
[10:48] | You might not be sick, Rodney, | 你可能没有生病 Rodney |
[10:49] | but I think we can both agree what’s happening here is far from normal. | 可你也知道 在你身上发生的一切非常不正常 |
[10:51] | Exactly, so let me go out and start using my powers to do some good. | 很对 那么让我出去 用我的超能力去做些好事吧 |
[10:54] | Ooh. Are you going to, uh, finish *that*? | 噢 你准备吃那个么? |
[10:58] | I’m serious! | 我是认真的! |
[11:00] | We have no idea of the extent of your genetic mutation. | 我们完全不知道你在基因突变之后 会产生什么副作用 |
[11:03] | Please. “Mutation” has such negative connotations. | 拜托 “突变”含有太多的负面意义了 |
[11:05] | “Advancement” is more like it. | 应该用”改进”才对 |
[11:07] | Until we know exactly what’s going on here … | 在我们查清楚之前… |
[11:08] | Carson. I’m still me. | Carson 我还是我 |
[11:10] | Anyway, it’s not like you … | 另外 不管是你… |
[11:12] | or these guys could stop me from leaving anyways. | 还是其他人也不能阻止我离开 |
[11:14] | No, but *I* could. | 是的 不过我可以 |
[11:17] | Oh, you care to put that to a test? | 噢 你想试验一下? |
[11:20] | Do *you*? | 你想么? |
[11:21] | Well … no, not really. | 好吧… 不 不想 |
[11:24] | Anyways, as I was saying, | 总之 正如我所说的 |
[11:25] | I think you’re fine to go about your daily duties | 我想你可以去做 你的日常事务了 |
[11:27] | as long as you have someone with you … … and *you* … | 只要你允许有人跟着你 另外 |
[11:29] | check in every couple of hours. | 每两个小时报到一次 |
[11:31] | Yes, yes. Bye-bye! | 好的 好的 再见! |
[11:35] | You know, | 知道么 |
[11:36] | we could be a team. | 我们可以在一起 |
[11:37] | You could be my sidekick. | 你来做我的搭档 |
[11:38] | “Sidekick.” | “搭档” |
[11:39] | Yeah – it’d be like Batman and Ronon. | 是的 就好像蝙蝠侠和Ronon |
[11:41] | Has a nice ring to it. | 多么漂亮的光环啊 |
[11:41] | Yeah, you keep eating like that, it’s more like Fatman. | 如果你继续这样吃 就要变成”胖侠”了 |
[11:44] | I’m warning you – | 提醒你 |
[11:46] | you will probably be bored out of your mind | 你将会觉得非常无聊 |
[11:47] | unless you find incredibly advanced physics to be … | 除非你发现 一条非常先进的物理学… |
[11:50] | Really? | 真的么? |
[11:51] | What? | 什么? |
[11:52] | What, you think so? | 怎么 你真的这样想? |
[11:54] | Hey, she thinks I’m hot! | 嘿 她认为我很帅! |
[11:57] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么也没有说 |
[11:57] | No-no-no, I’m sure that you, uh … | 不不不 我保证你… |
[11:59] | Oh, of course not, I should have known. | 哦 当然 我该知道的 |
[12:01] | She meant you. | 她的意思是你 |
[12:03] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 不知道你们在说什么 |
[12:07] | McKay, she didn’t say a word. | McKay 她一个字也没有说 |
[12:11] | Oh my God. I can read minds. | 噢 老天 我能读取别人的心思 |
[12:14] | Oh, this is cool! | 噢 这可真酷! |
[12:18] | No it isn’t. | 不 不是 |
[12:24] | Oh, I’m fine. | 哦 我很好 |
[12:24] | No, yes, and it doesn’t. | 不 是的 不是 |
[12:26] | – What? – I can read your mind – uh, everyone’s, actually. | ﹣什么? ﹣我能读取你的思想 实际上是所有人的 |
[12:28] | That was very cool for the first, like, ten seconds there, but | 开头10秒钟我也觉得非常酷 |
[12:31] | now I’m finding it a little disturbing, | 不过现在 我发现这样有点烦人 |
[12:32] | so I’m trying to tune it out as much as I possibly can … | 所以我尽量不用这个功能 |
[12:34] | well, sort of. Anyways, | 尽量吧 另外 |
[12:35] | look, I wanted to get your permission to access the Control Chair | 听着 我需要得到你的许可 去操纵控制座椅 |
[12:38] | I’ve got some pretty interesting ideas for maximising our ZedPM. | 我有一些非常棒的点子 可以最大限度发挥ZPM的功效 |
[12:41] | I reconfigured the city’s power systems | 我可以重新设置城市的能量系统 |
[12:43] | it’s too complicated to explain – but | 这个解释起来很麻烦 不过 |
[12:45] | trust me when I say that you are going to be incredibly happy with the results. | 相信我 看到结果之后 你一定会非常满意的 |
[12:48] | Look, Elizabeth, | 听着 Elizabeth |
[12:49] | I know – you have every right not to trust me but | 我知道 你可以选择不相信我 |
[12:51] | I promise you, I’m gonna make things much, much better, OK? | 不过我向你保证 我会让一切 比现在好得多 好么? |
[12:54] | Good.She wants you to shoot me. | 好的 她让你开枪打我 |
[12:55] | if you think for even one second that I might be trying to | 如果你哪怕有一秒钟的在想 我正试图 |
[12:57] | take over the city for my own evil purposes. | 接管这个城市 以实现我那邪恶的目的 |
[13:00] | I’m kidding. That was a joke. | 开玩笑的 说笑而已 |
[13:02] | Is your weapon set to, uh, stun? | 你的枪是设置在击昏档上么? |
[13:04] | Wait – never mind. There – I did it myself. | 等等 不用了 我自己搞定了 |
[13:06] | OK, to the Chair Room, Ronon. | 好的 座椅控制室 Ronon |
[13:10] | Can I shoot him now? | 我现在能开枪打他么? |
[13:12] | I can hear you! | 我可以听到你说话! |
[13:13] | Look, she just wants you to keep a close eye on me! | 听着 她只是想让你好好看着我! |
[13:15] | C’mon, let’s go. Chop, chop – much to do. | 来吧 我们走 快点 还有很多事情要做呢 |
[13:18] | I will send a science team down to supervise. | 我会派一个科学小组去监督 |
[13:30] | Not like that, this is crap. | 不会吧 真该死 |
[13:40] | What the hell is he doing? | 你在做什么啊? |
[13:41] | Don’t ask me. | 别问我 |
[13:43] | Actually, I wasn’t. | 事实上 没问你 |
[13:46] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[13:48] | Rodney, you are affecting power all over the city. | Rodney 你影响了整个城市的能量供应 |
[13:51] | I know. Awesome, isn’t it? | 我知道 帅呆了 不是么? |
[13:54] | No. | 不 |
[13:55] | I can’t work. | 我没法干活了 |
[13:56] | It’s just temporary. | 这只是暂时的 |
[13:57] | Rodney, I’m trying to determine if that device did any permanent damage to you. | Rodney 我正在研究 那个设备会不会给你造成永久性的伤害 |
[14:01] | Quite frankly, given your usually rampant hypochondria, | 老实说 考虑到你现在已经患上了 非常严重的臆想症 |
[14:04] | I’m surprised you don’t seem to care. | 我怀疑你根本不在乎了 |
[14:06] | You’re jealous. | 你嫉妒了 |
[14:07] | That is ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[14:09] | You should be working with me trying to figure out | 你本该跟我一起 努力搞清楚 |
[14:11] | what is happening to you. | 在你身上发生的事情 |
[14:12] | Instead, you’re here burying your head in the sand. | 然而 你现在却在这里 把头埋进沙子里 |
[14:14] | That is not true. | 不是这样的 |
[14:16] | My head – which happens to be housing my ever-evolving brain – | 我的脑袋 目前正装着 我那绝顶聪明的大脑 |
[14:19] | is actually being better utilised here | 目前正在这里发挥作用 |
[14:20] | doing important things that will affect everybody. | 现在所作的重要事情 将会惠及每个人 |
[14:26] | I am not gonna work with him. | 我不会跟他一起干活 |
[14:27] | I can f*** at this. He is … | 受不了 他简直是… |
[14:30] | He tries to hide it, but deep down, | 他想要隐藏 可在下面 |
[14:32] | I’m the wind beneath his wings. | 我就是他翅膀下面的风 |
[14:37] | Well, how’s it coming? | 怎么样了? |
[14:39] | Actually, I think I’m just getting to the good bit. | 我想有一点进展了 |
[14:42] | Don’t you hate it when people interrupt right when things are getting good? | 如果一切进展得很好时 有人突然打断 你觉不觉得讨厌? |
[14:49] | I know McKay is some super-genius now, but | 我知道McKay现在是超级英雄 不过 |
[14:53] | I find the flickering lights incredibly unnerving. | 灯老是闪个不停 我真是受不了了 |
[14:56] | Doctor Coleman has – | Coleman博士 |
[14:58] | however reluctantly – admitted it | 虽然很不情愿 不过承认了 |
[15:00] | does seem as if Rodney is significantly improving the city’s power system. | Rodney的确是大大改善了 城市的能量供给系统 |
[15:04] | Whatever. | 不管怎样 |
[15:06] | Anyway, you were saying …? | 你刚才说… |
[15:09] | Well | 好吧 |
[15:10] | we know the Ancients evolved physiologically to a certain point | 我们知道 古人将生理学发展到了一定程度 |
[15:13] | where they could transform into a state of pure energy. | 从而可以将自己转变为 纯粹以能量方式存在的形式 |
[15:17] | Ancient History 101. | 古人历史101 |
[15:18] | Yes. We also know that not all of them managed to get there. | 我们还知道 并不是每个古人 都达到了那个程度 |
[15:22] | You’re saying some of them needed a kick in the pants. | 你的意思是说 有部分人 需要外界的帮助才可以? |
[15:25] | So to speak. | 差不多吧 |
[15:27] | I think this machine was not meant to help them *fight* the war against the Wraith | 我觉得这个设备不是帮助他们 与幽灵作战的 |
[15:31] | but rather to help them escape it. | 而是帮助他们逃离的 |
[15:35] | An ascension machine? | 一个帮助升天的机器? |
[15:37] | Like the one the Goa’uld tried to create in the Milky Way. | 就跟上次Goa’uld在银河系中 想要造的差不多 |
[15:41] | Are you saying McKay’s going to ascend? | 你是说McKay就要升天了? |
[15:45] | Unfortunately there’s a whole lot more to ascension than just being *physically* evolved. | 不幸的是 如果是升天 那就比身体上的进化要复杂得多 |
[15:48] | Believe me, after spending six months with a bunch of pansy wannabes, I *know*! | 相信我 我跟一群准备升天的人 一起待了六个月(见2-12) 真是太了解了 |
[15:53] | But what does this mean for McKay? | 这对McKay意味着什么? |
[15:55] | Like I said, just gettin’ to the good bit. | 正如我刚才说的 只有一点小进展 |
[15:59] | I’ll leave you to it. | 留给你处理吧 |
[16:03] | John, wait. | John 等等 |
[16:06] | We need to talk to Rodney right away. | 我们要马上跟Rodney谈谈 |
[16:14] | You can all relax. | 都不要紧张 |
[16:15] | I’ll have us back online in two minutes. | 两分钟后我就会恢复能量供应 |
[16:18] | We need to talk to you. | 我们要跟你谈谈 |
[16:20] | What do you mean, I’m gonna die? | 什么意思 我会死? |
[16:23] | I’m not even sick! I feel great – never better! | 我没有生病!感觉非常好! 简直不能再好了! |
[16:25] | That Ancient device … | 那个古人的设备… |
[16:27] | has accelerated my evolution. | 加速了我的进化过程 |
[16:30] | Eventually I’ll reach a point where I’m physically capable of ascension, | 最终我会达到一个临界点 身体已经可以升天 |
[16:32] | but ascension takes more than that | 但是升天所要求的不仅仅是这个 |
[16:34] | – there’s a … there’s a mental component. | 同时还包括精神上的因素 |
[16:36] | I need to know how to make it happen | 我想知道怎样实现 |
[16:38] | … which I don’t. | 可现在还不明白 |
[16:40] | Yet! | 目前 |
[16:41] | I’m getting smarter by the minute. | 我正变得越来越聪明 |
[16:43] | It’s a pretty good assumption I’ll be able to figure it out on the way. | 那么完全可以假设 我自己会想出解决的办法 |
[16:45] | OK, so it’s not as easy as that. | OK 不是那么简单 |
[16:46] | Well, even if I don’t, so I stay a highly-evolved human. | 如果我没有想出来 那我仍然是高度进化的人类 |
[16:49] | I mean, I don’t have to ascend – it’s, it’s a choice, right? | 我是说 我没有必要升天 这只是一个选择而已 是不是? |
[16:52] | No? What do you mean, no? | 不是?什么意思? |
[16:54] | Oh, that stupid Ancient device doesn’t work properly, does it? | 噢 该死的古人设备 没有正常工作 是不是? |
[16:57] | It’s set in motion a series of genetic mutations | 它已经造成了一系列的基因突变 |
[17:00] | that will result in my death if I don’t ascend?! | 如果我不升天 就只有死路一条? |
[17:03] | There *is* something easier about this. | 有件事情比这个要简单 |
[17:04] | *That’s* why the Ancients didn’t put it into common use – | 这就是为什么古人没有 广泛使用这个设备 |
[17:07] | it’s just one more in a long line of abysmal, over-ambitious failures! | 它只是古人众多野心勃勃 可最后难逃失败命运项目中的一个? |
[17:12] | Oh God. | 哦 老天 |
[17:13] | I’m a dead man! | 我就要死了! |
[17:14] | Doctor McKay. | McKay博士 |
[17:15] | Yes, yes – | 好的 好的 |
[17:17] | it’s because I stopped in the middle. I will fix it – just give me a second here. | 这是因为我中途停止了 等我一下 我会搞定的 |
[17:26] | That’s it. | 受够了 |
[17:27] | I will kill him, he is nuts, complete idiot. | 我要杀了他 这个疯子 白痴 |
[17:30] | OK, there’s still time left, | OK 还有时间 |
[17:31] | right, so maybe there’s a way to reverse the process. Zelenka! | 也许有办法逆转这个过程 Zelenka! |
[17:33] | Where’s Zelenka? What the hell has *he* been doing? | Zelenka在哪儿? 他到底去哪儿了? |
[17:35] | We have massive power surges throughout the grid. | 传输网络中发生了大规模能量浪涌 |
[17:36] | Shutdown protocols are not responding. | 关闭指令没有响应 |
[17:38] | Dammit! | 该死! |
[17:55] | Come on, Radek, come on. | 坚持住 Radek 坚持住 |
[17:57] | He’s not breathing – we need to intubate. | 他没有呼吸了 准备插管 |
[17:59] | Start an IV, wide open. | 准备建立静脉通道 |
[18:01] | Get that monitor set up. | 监视器准备好 |
[18:04] | Right – on my count. One, two, three. | 好的 听我指挥 1 2 3 |
[18:10] | Radek! Radek! | |
[18:10] | Get the leads set up, please. | 把导线贴好 |
[18:13] | He’s in V-tach. Prepare to de-fib. | 他的心跳停止了 准备除颤 |
[18:17] | – Clear. – No! | ﹣好了 ﹣不! |
[18:18] | Rodney, the man is dying. | Rodney 他就要死了 |
[18:19] | I know. Just give me a second. I know. | 知道 给我几秒钟 |
[18:46] | Heart rate’s good; | 心率正常 |
[18:48] | breathing’s steady. | 呼吸稳定 |
[18:52] | Pulse is good. | 脉搏正常 |
[18:59] | Radek Radek | |
[19:00] | are you OK? | 你还好吧? |
[19:03] | What happened? | 发生什么了? |
[19:21] | Rodney Rodney. | |
[19:22] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[19:26] | I see you’ve been busy. | 我看到了 你很忙 |
[19:28] | Yeah, I invented a new math. | 是啊 我发明了一门新的数学学科 |
[19:31] | Really?! | 真的? |
[19:31] | It’s gonna change the human understanding of the universe as we know it. | 这将会改变人类对宇宙的认识 |
[19:35] | How is Zelenka? | Zelenka怎样了? |
[19:37] | Uh | 噢 |
[19:38] | you need to ask? | 你需要问么? |
[19:39] | I’m blocking out people’s thoughts. | 我正在阻止其他人的思维 进入我的大脑 |
[19:41] | It was becoming too overwhelming. I wasn’t able to think. | 实在是太难招架了 我简直无法思考 |
[19:46] | Rodney … Rodney … | |
[19:47] | I know what you’re gonna say. | 我知道你要说什么 |
[19:49] | Oh, no … just intuition, I swear. | 噢 不… 那只是直觉 我发誓 |
[19:51] | I just … | 我只是… |
[19:53] | I tried to fix the Ancient device | 我试图修好古人的设备 |
[19:54] | but it wasn’t meant to reverse the process. | 可它不能用来逆转这一过程 |
[19:56] | Once the mutation has started, | 一旦突变开始 |
[19:58] | it cannot be stopped. | 就无法停下 |
[20:00] | Actually | 事实上 |
[20:04] | I was gonna say, | 我想说的是 |
[20:05] | if you want any help in understanding ascension … | 你想不想让人帮你 理解升天的过程… |
[20:11] | Oh. | 噢 |
[20:12] | Uh | 啊 |
[20:13] | well, I’ve already | 我已经 |
[20:15] | read everything I could in the database. | 翻遍了古人的数据库 |
[20:16] | Well, it’s not exactly a clear-cut set of instructions, is it? | 那当中没有直截了当的解释 是不是? |
[20:19] | No. | 是的 |
[20:20] | And to be honest, you know, | 老实说 |
[20:21] | I’ve never been all that big on the whole idea of ascending in the first place. | 我从一开始就没有考虑过要升天 |
[20:23] | There’s too many rules, you know? | 规矩太多了 你也知道 |
[20:25] | I mean | 我是说 |
[20:26] | , to me, life is about working towards achievement, | 对我来说 生活就是 不断地实现目标 |
[20:29] | you know? Discovering things … | 做出一些发现… |
[20:31] | – … getting credit for it … – Exactly. | ﹣得到别人的承认… ﹣很对 |
[20:32] | I mean, once you know it all, what do you do then? | 一旦你所有东西都知道了 那还需要做什么呢? |
[20:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:35] | I don’t think that ascension necessarily means the end. | 我觉得升天并不意味着终结 |
[20:38] | Yeah, see? Never been big on leaps of faith, either. | 在追求信念的过程中 从来没有想到会有这么大的跨越 |
[20:41] | I mean, sure, there was a part of me that from the beginning knew that this was too good to be true. | 一开始我就想到 这种事情太好了 不可能是真的 |
[20:44] | *Nothing* this great could ever happen to me without really, really bad consequences. | 在我身上 只要发生了什么好事 那结局肯定会是非常非常可怕的 |
[20:50] | Anyways | 总之 |
[20:50] | now I have come to terms with that | 现在 我已经看透了 |
[20:52] | and I just wanna get as much done in the time I have left | 眼下只想抓紧剩下的时间 尽快把这完成 |
[20:54] | and not waste my time on a bunch of mumbo jumbo I’m not gonna understand anyways. | 不再费时间去思考那些 我永远想不明白的事情 |
[20:58] | Oh, I’ve | 哦 |
[20:59] | come up with a way for increasing the Daedalus’ shield power. | 我想出了一个 提升Daedalus号护盾能力的办法 |
[21:03] | Tell Hermiod to give me a call if he needs any help understanding the base code. | 告诉Hermiod要是代码中有什么地方不懂 可以直接打电话来问我 |
[21:07] | I’m sure Colonel Caldwell will be thrilled. | 我敢保证Caldwell上校会欣喜若狂的 |
[21:12] | Look, Rodney | 听着 Rodney |
[21:15] | , I’m not gonna try to convince you that ascension is right for you, | 我不会来说服你 升天就在前面等着你 |
[21:17] | or even possible, for that matter. I don’t know. | 或者那是可能的 不管怎样 我不知道 |
[21:21] | But | 不过 |
[21:22] | I wonder if you have considered the fact that | 希望你能考虑一下眼前的现实 |
[21:25] | if you *did* somehow manage to ascend, | 如果你想办法升天了 |
[21:27] | you can always – | 你还是可以 |
[21:28] | theoretically – re-take human form. | 从理论上讲 重新返回人形 |
[21:34] | Why didn’t *I* think of that? | 我怎么没有想到? |
[21:35] | I don’t think it’s gonna work. | 我不认为这样有用 |
[21:37] | I had this shipped from the SGC. | 这个是我让SGC送来的 |
[21:38] | Aye, I know. The Ancient device used to measure a person’s synaptic activity. | 我知道 这个古人设备是用来 探测神经活动情况的 |
[21:41] | Ah, more than that – the brain’s evolutionary level. | 不止是这个 还可以探测大脑的进化程度 |
[21:44] | Look, it’s basically an ascendo-meter. | 可以说 这是一个测量升天程度的设备 |
[21:46] | I really don’t think we’re going about this the right way. | 我觉得 这真的不是正确的办法 |
[21:48] | If you’re a highly-evolved super-genius, put up your hand. | 如果你是高度进化的超级天才 那就举手吧 |
[21:52] | Oh! | 噢! |
[21:54] | From everything *I* read about the subject area … | 根据我对这个领域的理解… |
[21:55] | Look, when you get down to it, | 听着 如果你真正理解了 |
[21:57] | even mental states are actually only *physical* states, are they not? | 即便是精神状态 实际上也只是物质的状态 难道不是么? |
[22:01] | I mean, the brain is just a chemical supercomputer. | 大脑只是一部超级生化计算机 |
[22:03] | Well, I suppose an incredibly complex … | 我想一定是非常复杂… |
[22:05] | “Yes” is all you need to say, my friend. | 是的 正如你所说 |
[22:07] | Look, the universe may seem mystical to … | 宇宙可能对于那些… |
[22:10] | those without understanding … | 无法理解的人来说是神秘的 |
[22:11] | when in truth anything and everything can be quantified. | 而事实上任何事物都可以被量化 |
[22:15] | Look, all the hocus pocus stuff is just a way of getting the brain into the proper electro-chemical state | 所有这一切都是为了让大脑 进入一种恰当的电气化学状态 |
[22:21] | to allow the final physical evolution, | 以接受最终的物质上的演变 |
[22:23] | at which point the matter that makes up this body | 这时构成身体的物质 |
[22:25] | will turn into pure energy. | 将会转变为纯粹的能量 |
[22:27] | Look | 听着 |
[22:28] | what mere mortals | 只有凡人 |
[22:30] | would refer to as the … mystery of ascension | 才会认为升天是神秘的 |
[22:33] | is actually just a scientific process | 而这实际上只是一个科学的过程 |
[22:35] | it’s just protons and electrons. | 就好比质子和电子 |
[22:36] | Protons and electrons. | 质子和电子 |
[22:37] | If you say so. | 随便你怎么说 |
[22:38] | Now, if you don’t mind, can we, uh … | 如果你不介意的话 我们能不能… |
[22:45] | Now | 现在 |
[22:46] | based on what I’ve extrapolated from the Ancient research, | 根据我从古人的研究 所推理得出的理论 |
[22:50] | I have been able to set measurable parameters for achieving the proper mental state. | 应该可以为达到合适的精神状态 设置可以测量的参数 |
[22:54] | Once I reach ninety six percent synaptic connection, as measured by this device … | 如果这个仪器探测到 我的神经活动达到96% |
[22:58] | all I need to do is maintain an EEG frequency of zero point one | 我应该做的就是 保持脑电波频率为0.1 |
[23:01] | to zero point nine Hertz and presto. | 到0.9赫兹之间 |
[23:04] | I arise to a higher plane of existence. | 然后我就会 上升到一个更高的存在形式 |
[23:07] | OK, let’s assume for one completely insane moment that you *are* right. | OK 暂时先假设你所说的都是对的 |
[23:11] | Those frequencies are associated with near-comatose patients. | 只有昏睡的病人脑电波才是那个频率 |
[23:15] | No-one who’s actually awake can just | 如果一个人保持清醒 |
[23:17] | will themselves anywhere close to that, | 就无法接近那个频率 |
[23:19] | no matter how bloody relaxed they are. | 不管他是多么放松 |
[23:20] | No *unevolved* person. | 没有进化的人类 |
[23:23] | Give it a rest, Rodney. | 得了吧 Rodney |
[23:24] | Just turn it on. | 把它打开吧 |
[23:29] | Your synaptic activity’s abnormally high. | 你的神经活动非常高 |
[23:31] | Over sixty percent. | 超过了60% |
[23:32] | Yes! I don’t have much time left. | 是的 我剩下的时间不多了 |
[23:33] | As I said, by my calculations, when I reach ninety six percent, | 正如我说的 根据我的计算 当达到96%时 |
[23:36] | I either ascend or die. | 我要么升天 要么死亡 |
[23:37] | Now, what’s my EEG? | 我的脑电波频率是多少? |
[23:39] | Twenty nine Hertz, | 29赫兹 |
[23:40] | which is about average for someone in an extremely heightened *wakeful* state. | 大概是人完全清醒状态时 平均值 |
[23:43] | OK, so I just need to, uh, clear my mind and, um, relax. | OK 就是说我只需要什么也不想 放松 |
[23:50] | What’s that now? | 现在多少了? |
[23:51] | What?! Oh, come on, | 什么?噢 拜托 |
[23:52] | that’s impossible! You must have me hooked up wrong. | 这不可能!你肯定是搞错了 |
[23:54] | No I didn’t, thank you very much. | 不 我没有 非常感谢 |
[23:55] | We’re getting a clear reading. | 读数非常清楚 |
[23:57] | Rodney Rodney, | |
[23:59] | the Ancients that eventually learned to ascend | 古人最终学会升天 |
[24:01] | dedicated their entire lives preparing for this moment. | 他们倾注了自己的一生 就等着这个时刻 |
[24:04] | Trust me, this will work. I just need some more time. | 相信我 会起作用的 我只是需要一些时间 |
[24:06] | Now stop talking so much. | 不要讲这么多废话 |
[24:07] | you’re rippling my pond. | 你在打乱我的思维 |
[24:16] | I think he’s having a hard time accepting this can’t be solved with science, | 我想他很难接受 这种事情不能用纯科学的方法解决 |
[24:20] | no matter *how* brilliant he is. | 无论他有多么聪明 |
[24:22] | You know what he needs? | 那他需要什么? |
[24:24] | He needs to … | 他需要… |
[24:25] | release his burden. | 放下包袱 |
[24:28] | Yeah, well, you know McKay. | 是啊 你很了解McKay |
[24:31] | Maybe Doctor Heightmeyer can help. | 也许Heightmeyer医生可以帮忙 |
[24:33] | Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of you. | 实际上 我觉得你更能胜任 |
[24:36] | Me? | 我? |
[24:37] | Mmm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[24:38] | You lived with the Ancients for six months on the brink of ascension. | 你在一群古人升天之前 跟他们一起生活了6个月 |
[24:41] | You helped them face their fears and finally ascend. | 帮助他们面对恐惧 并最终升天 |
[24:45] | I fought a scary monster – that’s what I do best. | 我只是跟一个吓人的怪兽打了一架 这就是我所做的 |
[24:48] | And for Rodney, | 对Rodney来说 |
[24:49] | I’m sure this seems like a pretty scary monster. | 我想这应该是一个非常吓人的怪兽 |
[24:56] | I don’t think this is gonna work with you hooked up to the machine. | 我想跟机器接在一起 并不能帮你什么忙 |
[24:59] | How else am I gonna know if it’s working at all? | 我怎么知道会不会有用 |
[25:01] | Look, you’re teaching me how to meditate. | 如果你想来教我怎么冥想 |
[25:03] | Not exactly good odds there to start with. | 我想成功的机率也不会很高 |
[25:05] | I realise that. | 我知道 |
[25:07] | Truth is, | 事实上 |
[25:09] | I was never really very good at this myself. | 我自己也从来没有觉得 这是一个好办法 |
[25:11] | So why am I here? | 那让我来这里做什么? |
[25:13] | Elizabeth made me. | Elizabeth叫我这么做的 |
[25:14] | Oh. Yeah. Me too. | 哦 是啊 我也是 |
[25:17] | I was with those Ancients for six months. | 我跟那些古人一起待了6个月 |
[25:19] | Maybe I picked up something that might be able to help you. | 也许可以想起些什么对你有用的 |
[25:22] | Yeah | 好吧 |
[25:24] | The first thing I think you need to come to terms with is, | 首先我想你必须明确的一点是 |
[25:27] | this is not a means to an end. | 这并不是意味着终结 |
[25:30] | What? | 什么? |
[25:31] | Well, of course it is. | 当然这是 |
[25:32] | No, no, no, you can’t do that. You can’t think | 不不不 你不能这样想 |
[25:34] | that you’re just gonna ascend and then re-take human form and be done with it all. | 你不能想着先升天 然后根据需要随时变回人形 |
[25:37] | That is *exactly* what I’m trying to do. | 这就是我正准备做的 |
[25:40] | Look, from what *I* understand, dishonesty’s not gonna help the process. | 根据我的了解 不诚实对整个过程不会有什么帮助 |
[25:45] | Good point. | 说得对 |
[25:45] | You know, while we’re at it, my knees are killing me. | 知道么 现在说话的时候 我的膝盖难受死了 |
[25:47] | How’s anyone ever relax like this? | 采用这种姿势 还怎么放松得下来? |
[25:49] | Find a position that works. | 那就换对你有用的姿势 |
[25:51] | Right. OK. | 好的 |
[25:54] | Fine | 好 |
[25:56] | Now | 现在 |
[25:57] | I want you to become aware of your breaths, | 我要你数着自己的呼吸 |
[26:00] | going in and out of your body. | 吸气然后呼气 |
[26:04] | In … | 吸气… |
[26:05] | and out. | 然后呼气 |
[26:08] | Do it without talking. | 照做 不要说话 |
[26:10] | Oh – right. | 哦 好的 |
[26:13] | Now | 现在 |
[26:15] | I want you to think about the things that you worry about the most. | 想一下你最担心的东西 |
[26:19] | You mean, like death? | 你是说 死亡? |
[26:19] | There’s no talking. | 不要说话 |
[26:22] | Think of anything that makes you anxious. | 想一下任何能够让你担心的事情 |
[26:25] | Oh, God, there’s so many things. | 噢 老天 太多了 |
[26:27] | Not talking happens to be one of them, by the way. | 顺便说一句 不让说话也是其中一个 |
[26:29] | Deal with it. | 忍住 |
[26:32] | Now. | 现在 |
[26:34] | Imagine yourself sitting on a Ferris wheel. | 想像自己坐在一个摩天轮上 |
[26:38] | What?! | 什么? |
[26:38] | Look, I told you, I didn’t pay much attention to what the Ancients were teaching me. | 我跟你说过 古人教了我什么 我当时并没有用心去听 |
[26:43] | *I* like Ferris wheels, so that’s what *I* thought about … | 我喜欢摩天轮 所以那就是我所想到的… |
[26:45] | *and* the fact that the woman | 而且那个女的 |
[26:47] | teaching me how to meditate was … | 教我怎样冥想的那个女的 |
[26:49] | very attractive. | 很有魅力 |
[26:51] | Why am I not surprised you didn’t ascend, huh? | 难怪你没有升天 啊? |
[26:53] | OK, look, | OK 听着 |
[26:54] | I’m a busy man, | 我是个忙人 |
[26:55] | you’re a busy man. We’re both busy men. | 你也是个忙人 我们都很忙 |
[26:57] | Just … relax, alright? | 放松… 好么? |
[26:59] | I’m gonna try to remember what the woman taught me. | 我努力回想一下 那个女人是怎么教我的 |
[27:02] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[27:05] | Now – | 现在 |
[27:07] | there’s a dark storm | 有一个黑暗的风暴 |
[27:09] | swirling around your head. | 在你的头上旋转 |
[27:11] | How is that comforting? | 这能让人静下心来么? |
[27:12] | I’m *getting* there. | 就要说到那部分了 |
[27:15] | I just thought of a brilliant adjunct to the Chaos Theory. | 我刚刚想出一个绝好的方案 可以补充混沌理论 |
[27:17] | – Look, I should write this down … – McKay. | ﹣我该把它写下来… |
[27:20] | Letting it go. Letting it go. | 不管它 不管它 |
[27:22] | Now, | 现在 |
[27:23] | the sky is clearing. | 天空放晴了 |
[27:25] | All of your troubles are fading away. | 所有的苦恼都渐渐退去 |
[27:27] | Bright blue sky. I am there. | 晴朗的蓝天 我来了 |
[27:35] | How’m I doing? | 做得怎样? |
[27:36] | Don’t think that way! | 不要这样想! |
[27:37] | Oh, forget it. | 噢 算了吧 |
[27:38] | Look, this is never gonna work. | 这样不会有用的 |
[27:39] | What’s wrong now? | 又怎么了? |
[27:40] | I just realised why light behaves as both particles and waves. | 我刚刚想起来 为什么光会有波粒二象性 |
[27:43] | Rodney, if you don’t try to do this … | Rodney 如果你不努力尝试的话… |
[27:45] | I know. | 知道 |
[27:46] | I don’t have much time left. | 剩下的时间不多了 |
[27:57] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[27:57] | Hmm? Just a second. | 嗯 稍等 |
[28:10] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[28:11] | There are, like, fifty simulations I’d like to be running right now, | 我现在正在运行 大概有五十个仿真模拟 |
[28:14] | but the computers can’t keep up with me | 可是电脑不能跟上我的步伐 |
[28:15] | the irony being that I’ve actually figured out how to make them run ten times faster | 实际上 我已经想出了 可以让它们运行10倍快的办法 |
[28:18] | but I haven’t had time to actually stop and do it. | 可我没有时间停下来实施 |
[28:20] | Oh, | 噢 |
[28:21] | I’ve uploaded the virtual prototype | 我已经把为Puddle Jumper飞船设计的 |
[28:23] | for a hyperspace generator for the Puddle Jumpers into the database. | 超空间发生器的原型设计图 上传到数据库中去了 |
[28:27] | Well, that sounds great. | 听起来不错 |
[28:31] | Are you sure that | 你确定 |
[28:32] | this is how you want to … | 这就使你所想要的… |
[28:34] | spend my last couple of days alive? | 度过我剩下的几天? |
[28:37] | Don’t have a lot of choice, do I? | 我别无选择 不是么? |
[28:38] | Rodney, I think | Rodney 我想 |
[28:39] | it’s very decent and noble of you to want to leave a scientific contribution behind | 你希望留下科学贡献的想法 非常伟大 |
[28:44] | but I still believe there’s a chance you can ascend | 可我仍然认为 你仍然有升天的机会 |
[28:47] | if you put your mind to it. | 如果你用心去做的话 |
[28:48] | We both know that that is a waste of time. | 我们都知道那是在浪费时间 |
[28:50] | Maybe *you* could do it, but … | 也许你可以做到 不过… |
[28:51] | I don’t know if I could, but you are certainly selling yourself short | 我不知道我是不是可以 可你不去尝试 |
[28:54] | by not even trying. | 就等于放弃了可能的机会 |
[28:57] | To be honest, | 老实说 |
[28:58] | I don’t have the first clue where to start. | 我完全不知道应该从哪里开始 |
[29:00] | Stop thinking. | 不要想了 |
[29:01] | See, I don’t understand that. | 我不能理解 |
[29:02] | One of the biggest things that holds people back is that | 人们留恋这个世界最大的可能就是 |
[29:05] | somewhere deep down | 在他的内心深处 |
[29:08] | they believe they’re not deserving. | 他们认为自己没有获取应得的 |
[29:11] | *You* have to … | 你应该… |
[29:13] | release your burden. | 放下包袱 |
[29:15] | Oh, please! | 噢 拜托! |
[29:16] | I know – | 我知道 |
[29:16] | spirituality to you is a load of mumbo jumbo | 精神对你来说是很大一个负担 |
[29:18] | but it does help people find peace with themselves. | 可的确能够帮助人们 找到内心的平衡 |
[29:21] | But you have to believe. | 可你必须相信 |
[29:22] | I’m not talking about religion. | 我说的不是宗教 |
[29:23] | I’m talking about shedding yourself of guilt, | 我说的是你要摆脱内疚 |
[29:25] | of anger, of ill-feeling, | 愤怒 厌恶 |
[29:27] | of anything that makes you feel shame. | 以及任何让你觉得耻辱的事情 |
[29:31] | And then you can focus *all* of your energy on ascending. | 然后你就可以集中所有的精力 想着升天 |
[29:35] | So what you’re telling me is that I don’t think I’m worthy. | 这么说 你想告诉我的是 我觉得自己没有价值 |
[29:38] | Rodney Rodney | |
[29:39] | I don’t know what you truly believe about yourself. | 我不知道你是不是真的相信自己 |
[29:43] | For all I know | 据我所知 |
[29:44] | you use your intelligence to compensate | 你用自己的智慧来补偿 |
[29:46] | to make yourself feel better for other things you think you may lack. | 这样在想起自己的不足的时候 心里就好受点 |
[29:50] | Like what? | 比如? |
[29:51] | That, I can’t tell you … | 我不能告诉你… |
[29:53] | but maybe you could start reading your own mind? | 不过也许你可以试着 阅读一下自己的思维 |
[30:13] | Rodney, I don’t care what you’re gonna say. | Rodney 我不在乎你说什么 |
[30:14] | I’m gonna keep working on this, OK? | 我要忙自己的工作 好么? |
[30:16] | Ah, well, | 啊 好吧 |
[30:17] | I appreciate that. | 非常感谢 |
[30:19] | You saved my life, so … | 你救了我的命 所以… |
[30:21] | the least I can do is try to save yours, you know? | 我所能报答的就是 救回你的命 |
[30:24] | Radek? Radek? | |
[30:26] | I think it’s safe to say that, | 我想说的是 |
[30:28] | I am at times a petty, | 我有时是一个卑鄙的 |
[30:30] | vindictive, even jealous man. | 恶毒的 甚至喜欢嫉妒的人 |
[30:34] | I sublimate my own anxieties | 我在周围制造敌意 |
[30:35] | or feelings of inadequacy by creating | 主要是为了释放内心的忧虑 |
[30:39] | a bubble of hostility around myself. | 以及孤独感 |
[30:41] | I know that you, | 我知道你 |
[30:43] | probably more than anyone else, have had to | 相比其他人 |
[30:45] | bear the brunt of that hostility. | 更是首当其冲 |
[30:46] | Rodney, you don’t have to … | Rodney 你没必要… |
[30:47] | Actually, I do. | 实际上 我有必要 |
[30:49] | Here’s the thing: | 我想说的是 |
[30:52] | you’re a brilliant scientist, | 你是位非常聪明的科学家 |
[30:54] | and a decent human being, | 一位非常正派的人 |
[30:56] | and you should not have had to endure the kind of | 在过去的那几年里 你没有必要忍受 |
[30:59] | abuse that you’ve taken from me in the past few years. | 我的戏弄和凌辱 |
[31:03] | I hope you can find a way to forgive me | 希望你能原谅我 |
[31:04] | for all the things I’ve said and done to you. | 原谅我所说所做的一切 |
[31:07] | You deserve much better than that … | 你本该受到更好的待遇 |
[31:11] | so I wanted you to know that. | 我只是希望你能明白 |
[31:15] | Yes. | 好吧 |
[31:31] | Rodney! Rodney! | |
[31:32] | Hmm. Mind if I come in? | 不介意我进来吧? |
[31:33] | – Should you be …? – Hope you don’t mind. | ﹣你是不是该…? ﹣希望你不会介意 |
[31:41] | I was talking with Halling | 刚才跟Haling讲话 |
[31:42] | and he happened to mention that it was the anniversary of the death of your father next week. | 偶然间他提到了下周是你父亲的忌日 |
[31:46] | He did? | 是么? |
[31:47] | OK OK, | |
[31:47] | I might have asked a few pointed questions but, um, | 我本想问几个问题的 不过… |
[31:50] | I just thought it would be nice if, uh … | 我想如果… |
[31:54] | What I mean is, | 我的意思是 |
[31:56] | I would be honoured | 我将感到很荣幸 |
[31:57] | if you would let me share the memorial tea ceremony with you. | 如果你允许我和你一起分享 纪念茶点仪式 |
[32:01] | I don’t know if it’s wrong to do it early or anything, but, um | 不知道提前举行合不合适 不过… |
[32:04] | I may not be around next week. | 我下个星期也许就不在了 |
[32:05] | Anyway | 总之 |
[32:06] | I understand it’s something you’re not supposed to do alone. | 我知道你不应该独自举行这个仪式 |
[32:11] | Thank you, Rodney. | 谢谢 Rodney |
[32:14] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[32:15] | I know exactly what to do. | 我知道该怎么做 |
[32:16] | You are the one who’s lost a loved one. | 是你失去了挚爱的人 |
[32:18] | I will serve *you*. | 让我来为你倒茶 |
[32:23] | Hey, buddy! | 嘿 伙计! |
[32:24] | Pal! Pal! | |
[32:26] | Been looking all over for you! | 到处找你 |
[32:28] | Checked the gym, the Mess. | 找过了健身房 餐厅 |
[32:29] | Wasn’t there. | 不在那里 |
[32:30] | No, you weren’t. Usually one of those is a good bet. | 是啊 你不在 通常你很可能会在其中一个地方 |
[32:33] | So, where are you off to? | 这么说 你准备去哪儿? |
[32:35] | Shooting range? | 射击场? |
[32:36] | A little target practice? | 去练习打靶? |
[32:37] | I don’t need practice. | 我不需要练习 |
[32:38] | Oh, no. | 噢 是的 |
[32:39] | No, no, of course you don’t. | 是的 你当然不需要 |
[32:40] | Look | 听着 |
[32:42] | I don’t know how much time I have left | 我不知道自己还剩下多长时间 |
[32:43] | so I’m just gonna cut to the chase here | 长话短说吧 |
[32:45] | ask you a rather, uh, personal question. | 问你一个…个人问题 |
[32:48] | Hopefully you won’t just hit me in the face. | 希望你不要揍我 |
[32:51] | Asking away. | 开始问了 |
[32:54] | Those scars on your back | 你背后的那些伤疤 |
[32:57] | from your encounters with the Wraith – you know, with the tracking device? | 幽灵所留下的 你知道 那个跟踪装置 |
[33:02] | Are those, like, a … | 你认为它们是… |
[33:03] | a badge of honour for you, | 代表你们荣誉的徽章呢 |
[33:05] | or are they just a constant reminder of something you’d rather forget? | 还是作为一个提醒 永远不要忘记那些事情? |
[33:10] | I mean, I know it’s none of my business. I just … | 我知道 这和我无关 我只是… |
[33:13] | I try not to let things I can’t change bother me. | 我只是不想让 自己无法改变的东西来困扰我 |
[33:19] | That’s very healthy. | 很健康的想法 |
[33:38] | I hope you don’t mind. | 希望你不要介意 |
[33:41] | I just healed them. | 我帮你治好了 |
[33:57] | You’re not still trying to find a way out of this for me, are you? | 你不是还在替我想办法吧? |
[34:00] | You think I’m gonna give up? | 你觉得我会放弃? |
[34:02] | Look, all the Ancients that experimented with that device, | 所有试验过那个设备的古人 |
[34:04] | they either ascended or died | 不是升天了 就是死去了 |
[34:06] | most of them the latter, which is | 大部分是后面那种情况 |
[34:08] | why it did not get put into common use. | 这就是为什么 没有广泛使用它 |
[34:09] | Like you said, there were exceptions. | 正如你所说的 还是有例外 |
[34:12] | Yes, well, | 是的 |
[34:13] | this will all be over soon and you can get back to some real work. | 这很快就会结束的 你也将回到真正的工作中去 |
[34:15] | Rodney … don’t. | Rodney… 不要 |
[34:17] | No-no-no, I’m not | 不不不 我不是 |
[34:18] | fishing for sympathy. I just, uh … | 在寻求同情 我只是… |
[34:21] | Hey, I just wanted to give you that. | 嘿 我只想给你这个 |
[34:23] | What have you invented now? | 你又发明了什么? |
[34:25] | Oh, nothing. It’s a … it’s a book. | 哦 没什么 这是… 这是一本书 |
[34:28] | About what? | 关于什么的? |
[34:29] | You. | 你 |
[34:31] | Well, you’ve taken a lot of crap as the leader of this expedition | 作为这个探险队的领导者 你经历了太多 |
[34:33] | and I just thought someone should | 我觉得有人应该 |
[34:35] | leave a record of all the good things you’ve done | 记录下你所做的一切好事 |
[34:37] | everything you’ve done right. | 你所做出的正确的决策 |
[34:40] | Everything I do is on record for review. | 我所做的一切都已经记录下来备查了 |
[34:43] | Oh, yes, I know, I know. I just thought that | 哦 是的 我知道 我只是想 |
[34:45] | I would have somewhat of a unique perspective | 自己拥有独一无二的角度 |
[34:47] | that other people might benefit from. | 其他人也许会从中获益 |
[34:49] | You know, I | 你知道 我 |
[34:50] | actually took the liberty of doing some research into your past | 冒昧地研究了一下你的过去 |
[34:53] | and I included that as well. | 然后总结出了那本书 |
[34:55] | Sorry if I’m not a very good writer. | 很抱歉 我不是一名很好的作家 |
[34:56] | It might be a bit, uh, | 在某些地方可能有点 |
[34:58] | overly maudlin in places … | 太过伤感… |
[35:03] | Rodney, this is five hundred pages long. When did you…? | Rodney 这本书有500页 你是什么时候… |
[35:05] | Anyway, that’s all. | 好吧 就这 |
[35:09] | Right. | 好的 |
[35:16] | What’s it down to? | 降到多少了? |
[35:18] | It’s not important. | 这不重要 |
[35:19] | What? | 什么? |
[35:21] | Of *course* it is. | 这当然重要 |
[35:22] | It’s gotta … | 我就要… |
[35:24] | What – seventeen Hertz? | 什么 17赫兹? |
[35:25] | It’s not even close! | 差太远了 |
[35:26] | It’s closer than you’ve ever been. | 想比过去 已经有很大进步了 |
[35:28] | Oh, forget it. | 哦 得了吧 |
[35:30] | Look, if you have to keep asking, | 听着 如果你一直问下去 |
[35:32] | you’re obviously not getting it. | 那很显然你肯定不能做到 |
[35:34] | This is about letting go. | 不要想那么多 |
[35:35] | I don’t know how to *do* that, OK? | 我不知道怎么做 OK? |
[35:37] | I’m me – I don’t know how not to be me. | 我就是我 我不知道怎样才能变成不是我 |
[35:41] | Look, thank you for all of your help. | 非常感谢你的帮助 |
[35:44] | I think in the grand scheme of things, we’re … | 我想总体而言 我们… |
[35:47] | we’re good, aren’t we? | 我们还不错 是不是? |
[35:49] | Of *course*. | 当然 |
[35:52] | Right. Look, if it’s not too much trouble, I’d like you to read my eulogy. | 好的 如果不是很麻烦的话 希望你能念我的悼词 |
[35:55] | I *refuse* to discuss that. | 我拒绝讨论这个话题 |
[35:57] | Just keep it simple. | 直说吧 |
[35:59] | Um, make up a few nice things. | 帮我做几件事 |
[36:01] | I’d like my little sister to be there … | 希望我的妹妹也能当场… |
[36:03] | … and | 还有… |
[36:03] | oh, you should know that I told Beckett that | 你该知道 我跟Beckett说了 |
[36:05] | he should most definitely do a full autopsy. | 他可以做彻底的尸体解剖 |
[36:08] | He can use my body for any kind of experimentation that might prove helpful, and, uh … | 可以用我的身体作任何试验 只要是能帮得上忙的… |
[36:12] | Oh, and I’d like to be cremated, | 噢 我还希望被火化 |
[36:14] | with my ashes to be, uh … | 我的骨灰要由… |
[36:16] | thrown out into space from the Jumper … | Jumper飞船带到太空中去抛洒 |
[36:18] | Rodney… Rodney … | |
[36:20] | Rodney! Rodney! | |
[36:27] | Medical team to my quarters. | 医疗队快到我的房间来 |
[36:31] | The synaptic activity in your brain has reached over ninety percent. | 你大脑的神经活动 已经超过90%了 |
[36:35] | I don’t know why, | 我不知道为什么 |
[36:36] | but it seems the more pervasive evolved state of the cortex | 看起来大脑皮层的进化程度越高 |
[36:40] | is causing lapses in the lower brain function. | 其低层次的功能丧失得也越多 |
[36:42] | It’s almost as if your body’s losing its natural ability to keep itself alive. | 你的身体已经失去了 让自身存活下去的自然能力 |
[36:47] | When ascension occurs naturally, | 如果升天了 |
[36:49] | the physical body’s no longer necessary in the final stages. | 物质上的身体也就不再需要了 |
[36:52] | Rodney, I don’t know how much more you can take. | Rodney 我不知道你还可以撑多久 |
[36:55] | About six percent? | 大概6个百分点? |
[36:57] | There must be something we can do. | 我们一定可以做点什么 |
[36:59] | It’s OK. | 没事 |
[37:01] | You know, | 知道么 |
[37:03] | I’m actually feeling a sense of peace … | 实际上 我感觉非常平静 |
[37:07] | interspersed with moments of sheer terror, of course. | 当然 时不时还是会 冒出一两个恐怖的场景 |
[37:10] | Rodney Rodney | |
[37:11] | as far as this ascension thing, | 就升天而言 |
[37:15] | I know you didn’t have much success but at this point, | 我知道你以前做得不是很成功 可现在已经到了这一步 |
[37:19] | what’ve you got to lose? | 你还怕失去什么? |
[37:21] | May as well go out fighting, huh? | 最好出去打一架 嗯? |
[37:23] | Absolutely. | 的确 |
[37:26] | Hook me up. | 把我接上去 |
[37:31] | Carson? Carson? | |
[37:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:36] | Thank you for everything. | 谢谢你所做的一切 |
[37:40] | I only wish I could have done more, my friend. | 真希望可以帮上忙 我的朋友 |
[37:54] | Clear blue skies. | 晴朗的蓝天 |
[37:57] | All my troubles, | 所有的烦恼 |
[37:59] | just drifting away. | 都抛之脑后 |
[38:02] | OK… OK … | |
[38:03] | stop talking now. | 不要说话 |
[38:09] | Rodney, you’re a good person. | Rodney 你是个好人 |
[38:12] | Know that we love you. | 知道么 我们都很爱你 |
[38:15] | You love me? | 你爱我? |
[38:18] | Really? | 真的么? |
[38:20] | All of you? | 你们都爱我? |
[38:21] | In a way a friend | 是一个朋友 |
[38:22] | feels about another friend. | 对另一个朋友的爱 |
[38:24] | You’re just saying that because I’m gonna die. | 你这么说是因为我就要死了 |
[38:28] | Oh, God. I can’t believe I’m gonna die. | 哦 天啊 真不敢相信 我就要死了 |
[38:30] | Alright – just back to the blue skies. Let your thoughts go. | 好了 回到蓝天那部分 不要乱想 |
[38:34] | Concentrate on your breathing. | 集中精力于你的呼吸 |
[38:44] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天哪 |
[38:56] | He’s not breathing. | 他没有呼吸了 |
[38:56] | Quick, bag him. We need to get him on a ventilator. | 快点 我们要给他上呼吸机 |
[38:58] | Carson, he gave us strict orders … | Carson 他已经对我们说过了… |
[39:00] | You don’t understand. | 你不知道 |
[39:01] | He just told me how to save him. | 他刚才告诉我 怎样才能救他 |
[39:04] | We’re en route. His pulse is very weak. Are you ready? | 我们在路上了 脉搏非常微弱 你们准备好了没有? |
[39:07] | We will be. | 会的 |
[39:11] | Almost. | 快了 |
[39:19] | Right. | 好的 |
[39:24] | Hurry. He can’t breathe on his own. | 快点 他没有自主呼吸 |
[39:30] | OK, stand back. | 好了 退后 |
[39:43] | Rodney? Rodney? | |
[39:45] | It worked! | 起作用了! |
[39:46] | Did it? | 是么? |
[39:47] | Well, I’m alive, aren’t I? | 我还活着 不是么? |
[39:49] | Sounds like him. | 听上去是他 |
[39:50] | Yes | 是啊 |
[39:52] | I can’t hear one of your thoughts. | 我听不到你们在想什么了 |
[39:55] | The telekinesis has gone. | 心灵遥感也没有了 |
[39:58] | I’m still smart, I think … | 我还是很聪明 我想… |
[40:01] | Yes! | 是的! |
[40:02] | Yes, I’m me! | 是的 我还是我! |
[40:04] | I’m my old self! | 我还是原来的我! |
[40:04] | Are you certain? | 你确信? |
[40:05] | Yeah, I’m alive! I feel great! | 是的 我还活着!感觉棒极了! |
[40:07] | I feel, uh … | 感觉… |
[40:08] | um … Hungry? | 很饿… |
[40:10] | He’s fine. | 他没事了 |
[40:11] | And you said it was impossible. | 你曾经说这是不可能的 |
[40:13] | Yeah, it just came to me. | 是啊 我突然间想起来的 |
[40:15] | I was, I was, I was floating in this, this big black emptiness | 我当时正漂浮在一片黑色的虚无中 |
[40:18] | and then the answer just came out of nowhere. | 然后答案就突然冒出来了 |
[40:19] | Look, the device was designed to manipulate your DNA. | 这个设备是设计用来操纵你的DNA |
[40:22] | It couldn’t reverse the evolutionary advancement process because | 进化的过程无法逆转是因为 |
[40:24] | everyone’s DNA was different. | 每个人的基因都各不相同 |
[40:26] | It makes certain changes that causes the DNA to evolve | 它会制造一些变动 然后你的DNA就会 |
[40:29] | in ways specific to your own unique physiology. | 以独一无二的方式进行进化 |
[40:31] | Yeah. In order to manipulate the DNA back to the previous state | 是的 为了把DNA恢复到从前的状态 |
[40:33] | the programme required a precise reference point. | 程序需要一个精确的参照点 |
[40:35] | Fortunately I keep blood samples from all the Atlantis team members for baseline comparisons. | 幸运的是 我保存了Atlantis所有队员的 血液样本 用来进行参照比较 |
[40:39] | I don’t understand what *any* of you are talking about. | 我不知道你们在说什么 |
[40:41] | What – what? | 什么 什么? |
[40:43] | It’s good to have you back, buddy. | 很高兴你能回来 伙计 |
[40:45] | Yes, well – it’s good to *be* back. | 是的 很高兴能回来 |
[40:47] | Yeah! | 是啊! |
[40:57] | Hey, how are you feeling? | 嘿 感觉怎样? |
[40:58] | Terrible! | 糟透了! |
[41:00] | Should I get Carson? | 要我去叫Carson么? |
[41:01] | No-no-no-no-no. Physically I am fine, | 不不不 我身体没事 |
[41:03] | but this doesn’t make any sense. | 可这没有道理 |
[41:05] | I can’t figure out any of these, of these equations. | 我不能理解这些方程式 |
[41:08] | I mean, the algorithms are complete gibberish. I mean, this is *torture*! | 算法完全看不懂 太折磨人了! |
[41:11] | I can clearly remember *exactly* how important this all is, | 我可以清楚地记得 这些东西有多么的重要 |
[41:14] | but I cannot figure out why, or how. | 可就是想不出为什么 或者怎样得出的 |
[41:17] | Well, I just dropped by to show you this. | 我过来是想给你看这个 |
[41:20] | Your EEG readings from your last meditation. | 你最后一次冥想时的脑电波读数 |
[41:28] | Oh, my God! | 噢 天啊 |
[41:30] | It’s point zero three Hertz. | 0.3赫兹 |
[41:31] | I did it! | 我做到了! |
[41:32] | I mean, I was in the zone! I could have actually ascended! | 已经进入那个范围了! 实际上我本可以升天的! |
[41:36] | You said you were floating in a big empty space | 你说你正漂浮在 一个广袤空虚的空间中 |
[41:39] | when the idea of how to save yourself came to you. | 这时想出了如何拯救自己的想法 |
[41:41] | I may have momentarily thought about how hard it is to rid oneself of ego | 我当时有片刻的想法 对一个人来说 摆脱自负有多难 |
[41:44] | and that existence without | 以及完全没有个人私利的 |
[41:46] | the individuality of consciousness would be pointless but … | 存在形式是没有意义的 可是… |
[41:49] | Ooh! | 喔! |
[41:50] | Now I say that, | 现在突然意识到 |
[41:51] | that’s probably what gave me the idea | 也许是那个让我想出了 |
[41:52] | to reprogramme the device with my old DNA. | 利用我的老DNA 来重新设置那个设备的主意 |
[41:55] | Yeah, I thought so. | 我想是的 |
[41:56] | Yeah, well, you know what? | 好吧 你知道么? |
[41:57] | I don’t care if you don’t think I was capable of ascension. | 我不在乎自己是不是能升天 |
[41:59] | I never wanted to do it anyways. | 而且我从来都没有这个打算 |
[42:00] | In fact, you know what? I am very happy with who I am. | 事实上 我很满意做现在的我 |
[42:04] | And you love me. | 还有你爱我 |
[42:06] | What?! | 什么? |
[42:07] | – I never … – You so *did*! | ﹣我从来… ﹣你说过的! |
[42:09] | Yeah, I may not be able to understand this new math I created, | 是的 也许我是不能理解我所建立的 那门数学学科 |
[42:11] | but I distinctly remember that you said you love me. | 可我记得很清楚 你说过 你爱我 |
[42:13] | Actually, I said *we* love you and … | 实际上 我是说 我们爱你 而且… |
[42:15] | And, what? | 而且什么? |
[42:16] | What, you were just saying that because you thought I was dying? | 你想说这么说是因为 你以为我就要死了? |
[42:18] | No – I said it because … | 不 我这么说是因为… |
[42:19] | See?! You love me! It’s true – you’ve said it, | 瞧?你爱我!真是事实 你说过的 |
[42:22] | now I know. I always suspected it. | 现在我知道了 我一直在怀疑这一点 |
[42:24] | In fact, you know what? I’ve always noticed that there’s been a, um, | 实际上 知道么 我注意到… |
[42:26] | indefinable and yet magical chemistry between us … | 我们之间有一种难以名状的 不可思议的化学力量… |
[42:29] | that I think I covered in Chapter ten. | 我想我在第10章中提到过 |
[42:31] | Rodney… Rodney … | |
[42:32] | You had lunch yet? | 吃过午餐没有? |
[42:33] | Yes. | 吃过了 |
[42:34] | Mid-afternoon snack, then? | 下午茶呢? |
[42:36] | I will keep you company. | 我跟你一起去 |
[42:38] | Now, is Sheppard still bugging you | Sheppard是不是还缠着你 |
[42:40] | to let him use the ascension device to turn himself into some kind of a superhero? | 让他用那个古人设备 把自己变成某种超级英雄? |
[42:43] | Oh yes. | 噢 是的 |
[42:44] | Despite the fact that the Ancient database states that its effects on people | 他没注意到古人的数据库中说 它对人类会带来无法预测的影响 |
[42:47] | are wildly unpredictable and that I’m just lucky I wasn’t instantly melted down into a pool of protoplasm. | 而且值得庆幸的是 我没有被变成一堆原生质 |
[42:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[42:52] | Yes. Well, maybe you should let him. | 好吧 也许你该由他去 |
[42:54] | I think not. | 我想不行 |