时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | The princess is going to play. | 公主要开始玩了 |
[00:05] | Where’s the princess? | 公主在哪儿? |
[00:07] | Where’s the princess in the tower? Right there. | ﹣公主待的城堡在哪儿? ﹣就在那里 |
[00:09] | Which one? | 哪个? |
[00:12] | put this one… | 把这个放在… |
[00:13] | this is how they need to get around,right? | 这样路就通了干 是不是? |
[00:15] | Chugga-chugga,chugga-chugga,chugga-chugga,chugga-chugga… | 卡嚓-卡嚓-卡嚓-卡嚓 |
[00:17] | go inside the train… | 坐进火车… |
[00:20] | Chugga-chugga,choo-choo. | 卡嚓-卡嚓-卡嚓 |
[00:23] | Chugga-chugga-chugga… | 卡嚓-卡嚓-卡嚓… |
[00:26] | chugga-chugga,choo-choo… | 卡嚓-卡嚓-卡嚓… |
[00:58] | Hello? | 我回来了 |
[01:03] | Madison? Madison? | |
[01:07] | Honey? | 亲爱的? |
[01:18] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[01:20] | Oh,hey. | 哦 嘿 |
[01:21] | So… | 这么说… |
[01:24] | how was your day? | 今天过得怎么样? |
[01:30] | Send it to graeme peel. | 发给Graeme Peel看看 |
[01:31] | Graeme peel has better things to do than look over my nonsensical scribbles. | Graeme Peel有很多重要的事情要做呢 才没有时间看我这乱七八糟的草稿 |
[01:35] | Well,they didn’t look nonsensical to me. | 在我看来你的草稿很不简单 |
[01:38] | Okay,fine,they did,but I’m an english major. | 好吧 是的 我主修的是英语 |
[01:40] | What the hell do I know? | 怎么可能知道? |
[01:42] | Send it. | 发出去吧 |
[01:43] | What have you got to lose? | 你又不会失去什么 |
[01:46] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[01:48] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[02:13] | I’ll get it. | 我去 |
[02:24] | Jean Miller? Jean miller? | |
[02:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:27] | Hi.I’m lieutenant colonel samantha carter of the united states air force. | 你好 我是美国空军的 Samantha Carter中校 |
[02:31] | OK Okay. | |
[02:33] | Did you send a math proof to professor graeme peel of the california institute of technology? | 你是不是给加州理工的Graeme教授 发了一份数学证明? |
[02:39] | Was I not supposed to? | 我是不是不该这么做? |
[02:43] | Sorry to interrupt,kids. | 抱歉打扰一下 伙计们 |
[02:44] | But you need to pack your toothbrush,head back to earth. | 可你要打理一下行李 回地球一趟 |
[02:47] | I do?Why? | 我么?为什么? |
[02:48] | Carter needs help. | Carter需要帮助 |
[02:50] | With what? | 帮什么? |
[02:51] | Your sister. | 你妹妹 |
[04:09] | Welcome back to earth. | 欢迎回到地球 |
[04:10] | Yes,yes.What has my sister done? | 我妹妹做什么了? |
[04:12] | Good to see you,too,mckay. | 很高兴看到你 Mckay |
[04:13] | Greetings,Salutations,Pleasantries… Greetings,salutations,pleasantries… | (三个都是打招呼的意思) |
[04:15] | what’s she done? | 她到底做什么了? |
[04:33] | I thought that– huh. | 我以为… |
[04:36] | Well,it’s certainly some… | 很显然 这的确是… |
[04:40] | very interesting stuff,but it can’t be her work. | 非常有意思的见解 不过肯定不是她做的 |
[04:43] | I mean,she’s been out of the game for years. | 她几年前就退出这个游戏了 |
[04:45] | “The game”? | “这个游戏”? |
[04:46] | Mm,yeah,she hasn’t published a single theoretical physics paper in,like,four years. | 是啊 她已经有很长时间没有发表 理论物理方面的论文了 大概是四年吧 |
[04:51] | Oh,that game. | 哦 这个游戏 |
[04:53] | She was on a fast track to some pretty exciting grants,doing some interesting work. | 她曾经在这方面取得很大的进展 进行过一些很有意义的探索 |
[04:57] | I mean,she was no me,of course,but she was at least a you. | 当然 比我还差一些 不过至少不比你弱 |
[05:02] | Anyway… | 可是… |
[05:03] | she got herself knocked up by some… | 她后来迷上了一个… |
[05:05] | english major,and her priorities shifted overnight. | 研究英语的人 才过一个晚上 她就放弃了原来的目标 |
[05:09] | I tried to talk some sense into her,but she’s a tad on the stubborn side. | 我试图去劝过她 可她根本听不进去 |
[05:13] | When was the last time you spoke to her? | 你最后一次跟她说话是什么时候? |
[05:15] | Four years,maybe. | 四年前吧 也许 |
[05:16] | Four years? | 四年前? |
[05:17] | Not that I didn’t check to see if she’s published. | 但这不是说我没有留意 她发表过什么文章 |
[05:21] | You realize what this proof means,right? | 你知道这个证明的意义 是不是? |
[05:23] | Yes,well,if the math checks out. | 是啊 如果在数学上证明是对的 |
[05:25] | Oh,I’ve been over it.It checks out. | 我已经检查过了 确实没有问题 |
[05:27] | Ah,well,no offense,blue eyes,but I’d like a little more time with it myself. | 好吧 没有质疑你的意思 不过我想自己看看 |
[05:31] | It checks out. | 的确没有问题 |
[05:34] | And she said it just came to her? | 她说答案是突然之间想出来的? |
[05:35] | She was playing with her kid,and she got a notion. | 她正在陪孩子玩 突然间得到一个灵感 |
[05:37] | A notion.That is just beautiful. | 灵感 真是好听 |
[05:40] | She’s going to love this. | 她会爱上这个的 |
[05:41] | You didn’t tell her I’ve been trying to prove something like this myself,did you? | 你还没有告诉她我自己曾经尝试过 证明这个论题 是不是? |
[05:44] | Not exactly. | 没有 |
[05:45] | Oh,good,because she would just… | 噢 太好了 因为她有点… |
[05:48] | wait a minute. | 等等 |
[05:49] | Why not? | 为什么没有说? |
[05:50] | See,that’s part of the reason I asked you here. | 这就是我找你来这里的原因之一 |
[05:53] | She’s been cleared by the pentagon,but she refuses to sign the confidentiality agreement. | 她已经通过五角大楼的审查了 可是她拒绝在保密协议上签字 |
[05:57] | She says she wants nothing to do with us. | 她说不想牵涉到我们当中来 |
[05:59] | To be honest,she’s been a bit of a pain in the ass. | 老实说 她真的让人有点头疼 |
[06:03] | Well,forget her,then.I mean,she’s made her choice. | 好吧 那就忘了她吧 她已经做出自己的选择了 |
[06:05] | We’ll just have to,you and I,figure out how to implement it on our own. | 我们现在要做的就是 我和你 想办法怎么实现这个 |
[06:08] | Let’s see… | 让我看看… |
[06:10] | now,upon first glance,there are certainly some missing pieces that aren’t exactly spelled out in the proof,but,um… | 刚才看了一下 证明当中有些部分 还没有明确地写出来 不过… |
[06:19] | what? | 怎么了? |
[06:20] | You and I both know this would go a lot faster if your sister were on board. | 你和我都知道 如果让你妹妹参与进来 进展肯定就会快得多 |
[06:23] | What do you want me to do?She won’t listen to me. | 你找我做什么?她又不会听我的 |
[06:25] | You’re her brother. | 你是她的哥哥 |
[06:26] | Exactly. | 是啊 |
[06:34] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[06:35] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[06:38] | Long time no see. | 好久不见了 |
[06:39] | To say the least. | 长话短说吧 |
[06:44] | Aren’t you going to invite me in? | 你想让我进去么? |
[06:46] | Why are you here? | 你来这里做什么? |
[06:48] | Oh,I can’t just stop by,say hi to my little sister? | 我为什么不能顺便拜访一下我的妹妹? |
[06:51] | Well,we haven’t spoken in four years,and you’ve never done anything like this,so… | 我们已经四年多没有说话了 而且你之前也从来没有这样做过… |
[06:55] | no,you can’T. | 不 你不会 |
[06:56] | Well,I’ve been kind of busy…with work. | 过去我一直很忙…工作上的事情 |
[06:58] | Doing a lot of traveling and such,and I was called back on business,so,um… | 要到出去跑 这次也是因公叫我回来… |
[07:02] | I was in town,and I thought I’d,um,you know. | 于是到了这个镇子 所以我想… |
[07:06] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[07:07] | What? | 怎么了? |
[07:08] | You’re not here because of the physics proof,are you? | 你来这里是因为那个物理证明 是不是? |
[07:10] | What?No. | 什么?不 |
[07:11] | I-I mean,sure,that’s part of the reason I’m here,but– you work for the U.S. Government? | ﹣我来这里不是这个目的 ﹣可你在为美国政府工作 |
[07:15] | No,no,I work for an multinational oversight advisory that– | 不 我是在为国际观察顾问团效力 不过… |
[07:17] | you know what?I don’t care. | 我不管 |
[07:18] | I already told that– that colonel person that I don’t want anything to do with them. | 我已经跟那个什么中校说了 我不想牵扯进去 |
[07:22] | Do you have any idea what you’ve written? | 你有没有意识到 自己写的东西有多重要? |
[07:23] | A math proof. | 一个数学证明 |
[07:24] | Some theoretical physics. | 理论物理而已 |
[07:25] | I am willing to wager it has no practical application at all. | 我可以打赌 这东西根本就没有什么现实价值 |
[07:28] | I’ll take that action. | 我可以帮你实现 |
[07:30] | What does that mean? | 什么意思? |
[07:31] | Just sign the damn agreement. | 快点签了那个什么协议吧 |
[07:32] | No! | 不! |
[07:33] | Getting all proprietary about our research and ideas is everything that’s wrong with science today. | 眼下我们科学研究的问题就在于 太功利化了 |
[07:38] | Here we go. | 的确是 |
[07:38] | Did you know that one-fifth of our genes, | 你知道么 我们五分之一的基因 |
[07:41] | the very building blocks of our being,have been patented by major pharmaceutical corporations? | 就是构建我们身体的砖石 已经被几大制药公司申请了专利? |
[07:45] | One-fifth! | 五分之一! |
[07:46] | If there’s any benefit at all to what I’ve written,it’s that it’ll spark an idea in someone else. | 假如我写的东西真的有什么价值 也就是激发某个人的想法而已 |
[07:50] | I won’t sign away my rights,least of all to the U.S. Military. | 我不会签署那个协议 特别是美国军方的协议 |
[07:54] | But it has sparked an idea in someone,a big one. | 可它的确激发了别人的想法 一个很了不起的想法 |
[07:57] | Like what? | 什么想法? |
[07:57] | Can’t tell you till you sign the agreement. | 在你签署协议之前 不能告诉你 |
[07:59] | I’m not signing until you tell me. | 在你告诉我之前 我是不会签署那个协议的 |
[08:01] | Is everything okay? | 没事吧? |
[08:03] | Look who showed up. | 看谁来了 |
[08:04] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[08:07] | It’s my brother. | 这是我哥哥 |
[08:10] | Right. | 对啊 |
[08:11] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[08:14] | Hi! | 嗨! |
[08:18] | hello,little one. | 你好 小家伙 |
[08:19] | Did you bring me a present? | 给我带礼物了么? |
[08:21] | Madison… Madison… | |
[08:23] | what? | 什么? |
[08:23] | No. | 没有 |
[08:25] | I didn’t know that was a rule. | 我不了解这个规矩 |
[08:26] | It is. | 是啊 |
[08:27] | Well,I guess I broke that rule. | 我想我违规了 |
[08:29] | Uh,I just made some dinner.Would you care to join us? | 我刚把饭准备好 想过来一起吃么? |
[08:31] | That would be great.I’m starving. | 好极了 我都要饿死了 |
[08:34] | You have no idea what time zone I just came from. | 你肯定不知道 我来的地方是属于哪个时区的 |
[08:35] | Well,I sure hope you like tofu chicken. | 希望你喜欢吃豆腐鸡 |
[08:38] | I sure hope he’s kidding. | 我想他是在开玩笑吧 |
[08:46] | Not a fan of vegetarian cuisine,eh? | 不喜欢这种素食烹饪? |
[08:48] | Hmm,yes,well,I suppose I was just in the mood for… | 是啊 我只是喜欢吃到… |
[08:52] | well,food. | 食物 |
[08:54] | I’ll give maddie her bath. | 我去给Maddie洗澡了 |
[08:55] | You two catch up. | 你们两个慢慢忙 |
[08:56] | Okay,hon. | 好的 Hon |
[08:57] | Hey,pop your head in before you leave. | 走之前记得打个招呼 |
[08:59] | What?Why? | 什么?为什么? |
[09:00] | Children like to say goodbye. | 孩子们想当面跟你告别 |
[09:02] | The,uh… | 嗯… |
[09:03] | sure. | 当然 |
[09:09] | Boy,madison’s sure grown,huh? | Madison会长大的 是不是? |
[09:12] | Since she was born? | 从她出生后开始? |
[09:13] | Yeah,yeah,she has. | 是啊 当然 |
[09:15] | Okay,look,I don’t want to waste any more of your time. | 好的 听着 我不想再浪费你时间了 |
[09:18] | You need to come with me right now. | 你必须马上跟我走 |
[09:19] | Your proof could lead to something groundbreaking. | 你的证明会做出惊天动地的成就 |
[09:24] | How long would I be gone? | 我要离开多久? |
[09:25] | A couple of months,tops. | 两个月 最多 |
[09:27] | A couple of months?Are you joking? | 两个月?你不是开玩笑吧? |
[09:28] | I… | 我… |
[09:29] | madison has her first ballet recital next tuesday. | 下个星期二Madison就要参加 她的第一次芭蕾舞表演了 |
[09:32] | She’s four! | 她才四岁! |
[09:33] | How good could she possibly be? | 能跳得有多好? |
[09:34] | That’s not the point! | 重要的不是这个! |
[09:35] | She won’t remember you not being there. | 你没有去 她也不会记得的 |
[09:37] | I’ll remember me not being there. | 我会记得自己没有去 |
[09:39] | This is bigger than your “responsibilities”… | 这比你的”责任”更重要… |
[09:41] | we’ve had this conversation before. | 好吧 这个问题我们之前已经讨论过了 |
[09:44] | You belittle my choices,I get furious at you,and we don’t talk for four years. | 你轻视我的决定 我就冲你发火 接着我们就四年多没有说话 |
[09:48] | I’m not all that anxious to do that again. | 我不会让这件事情再发生了 |
[09:50] | This is not what dad would have wanted. | 这不是爸爸希望看到的 |
[09:52] | No,he would have wanted us working together,side by side,toppling problems and sharing credit. | 他希望我们能够手帮手 一起工作 解决问题 共享成就 |
[09:56] | Oh,you share credit now,do you? | 你会共享成就 就你? |
[09:59] | This is important,jeanie. | 这很重要 Jeanie |
[10:01] | I mean,it’s much more important than you can ever imagine. | 比你想像中的重要 |
[10:03] | For you,I am sure it is. | 对你来说 当然是的 |
[10:05] | But this,me being here,this is important for me. | 可对我来说 呆在这里才是最重要的 |
[10:08] | Why can’t you accept that? | 你为什么就是不能接受这个? |
[10:11] | You know,you leave me no choice. | 你让我别无选择 |
[10:13] | What? | 什么? |
[10:14] | Just give me your hand. Why? | ﹣把手给我 ﹣为什么? |
[10:15] | Please just give me your hand. | 请把手给我 |
[10:18] | Will you just… | 只是让你… |
[10:27] | okay,w-what the hell just happened? | 好吧 到底发生什么事了? |
[10:30] | It’s okay.You’re perfectly safe. | 没事的 你现在非常安全 |
[10:33] | I don’t feel perfectly safe. | 可我并不感到非常安全 |
[10:35] | Okay,you’ve just been teleported to an interstellar vessel in orbit around the planet. | 好吧 你刚刚被传送到上了一艘 位于地球轨道上的星际战舰上 |
[10:38] | Please. | 拜托 |
[10:39] | Teleportation is about as likely as time travel. | 传送跟时间旅行的原理差不多 |
[10:44] | Yes,well… | 好吧… |
[10:56] | my. | 我的… |
[10:58] | Oh,yes. | 是的 |
[11:00] | Is that– why aren’t we weightless? | 我们为什么没有失重? |
[11:04] | Artificial gravity,and yes,that is north america,and you are in geosyncronous orbit. | 人造重力 是的 那就是北美大陆 你现在正位于同步轨道上 |
[11:10] | We work for something called the stargate program. | 我们为一个被称为星门计划的项目效力 |
[11:12] | Stargate? | 星门? |
[11:13] | It’s a device that creates stable,artificial wormholes that allows us to travel between other planets,even other galaxies. | 一种可以人造产生稳定虫洞的装置 通过它我们就可以在星际之间旅行 |
[11:20] | What have you gotten yourself involved in here,meredith? | 你都牵涉进了什么 Meredith? |
[11:25] | Meredith? Meredith? | |
[11:26] | It’s a long story. | 说来话长 |
[11:28] | It’s his name. | 那是他的名字 |
[11:30] | Your name is meredith mckay? | 你的全名是Meredith Mckay? |
[11:32] | Meredith rodney mckay,yes,but I prefer to go by “rodney. | Meredith Rodney Mckay 是的 可我喜欢别人直接叫我”Rodney” |
[11:35] | ” Look,can we just stick to the point here? | 听着 我们能不能说正题? |
[11:36] | Look out the window.Much more interesting than my name. | 看看窗外 是不是比我的名字更有意思 |
[11:39] | Your name is meredith? | 你的名字是Meredith? |
[11:40] | So this,this is,like,A… | 那么这 这个就是… |
[11:43] | like a space ship? | 一艘太空船了? |
[11:45] | This is a U.S. Air force vessel called the daedalus. | 这是美国空军的战舰 名叫Daedalus |
[11:48] | Your equation has real-world applications I’m certain you’ve never even considered. | 你的公式所能带来的巨大现实效应 我猜你可能从来都没有想到过 |
[11:53] | You see,there are some… | 在宇宙中存在着一些… |
[11:54] | very bad creatures out there that want nothing more but to destroy this planet and everything that you hold dear. | 非常邪恶的生物 他们没有其它的目的 就是要摧毁这个星球 包括上面的一切 |
[12:00] | Uh,did you say “creatures”? | 你刚才是说”生物”? |
[12:02] | Like…like alien creatures? | 就像是…外星生物? |
[12:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:06] | Look,the work we could do is important,jeanie,not just to you or me– | 我们将要做的工作非常重要 Jeanie 并不是为你 也不是为我 |
[12:10] | to every living being down there,and that includes madison and,um… | 而是这下面的每个人 包括Madison 以及… |
[12:14] | Kaleb kaleb. | |
[12:14] | Kaleb,yes. | Kaleb 是的 |
[12:16] | We can’t do this without you. | 没有你我们就做不了 |
[12:18] | Let’s not go overboard. | 不要说过头了 |
[12:19] | I mean,she’d be an asset,but– mckay. | ﹣她的确很有价值 不过 |
[12:26] | So what do you say,mrs.Miller? | 你想说什么 Miller? |
[12:29] | Jeanie… Jeanie… | |
[12:30] | look,it’s just a lot to take in right now,okay?Just give me a second,mer. | 不要逼我做决定 好么? 给我些时间考虑 |
[12:40] | So somewhere down there,my husband is giving my daughter a bath. | 在下面的的某个地方 我的丈夫正在帮我女儿洗澡 |
[13:06] | You have to go. | 你必须去 |
[13:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:29] | what did you tell kaleb? | 你和Kaleb怎么说的? |
[13:30] | The truth. | 实话 |
[13:31] | What? | 什么? |
[13:32] | Do you have any idea what “non-disclosure” means? | 你知不知道”不要外泄”是什么意思? |
[13:34] | Just because we don’t keep secrets from each other doesn’t mean we’re incapable of it. | 因为我们之间从来都不隐藏什么秘密 |
[13:37] | What did he say? | 他怎么说的? |
[13:38] | Um,he’s concerned that me telling him will get him assassinated. | 他担心我跟他说的话 会给自己招来杀身之祸 |
[13:42] | That won’t happen,right? | 这不会发生的 是吧? |
[13:44] | Mm,probably not. | 也许吧 |
[13:46] | Again,I’m sorry I couldn’t come with you,but there’s just too much going on here. | 再次抱歉我不能跟你们一起去 可这里的事情实在是太多了 |
[13:49] | It’s fine. | 没事的 |
[13:50] | I thought I could at least help you get jeanie up to speed before you guys are out of comm range. | 我想在你们离开通讯范围之前 我至少可以帮助Jeanie加快进度 |
[13:55] | About a year ago,your brother came across an abandoned alien experiment called project “arcturus”. | 大概一年前 你哥哥接手了一个 被外星人遗弃的项目 称作”Arcturus” |
[13:59] | It was an attempt to generate zero point energy. | 那个项目试图产生零点能量 |
[14:02] | That would be virtually limitless power. | 在理论上可以提供无穷无尽的能量 |
[14:03] | What happened? | 后来怎么样了? |
[14:04] | A slight problem. | 一个小问题 |
[14:05] | It was the creation of exotic particles in the containment field. | 就是在约束场内生成了外来粒子 |
[14:08] | He destroyed a solar system. | 他毁掉了整个太阳系 |
[14:10] | Meredith! Meredith! | |
[14:11] | It was uninhabited. | 那里没有人居住的 |
[14:12] | Your brother,along with many others,has been trying to figure out a way to draw zero point energy from a parallel space time. | 你哥哥以及其他人 试图找出一个方法 从平行时空中抽取零点能量 |
[14:18] | Which would get us around the whole problem of the creation of dangerous exotic particles in our own space time. | 我们现在碰到的问题就是在我们 自己的时空内会产生外来的粒子 |
[14:22] | And my theory is about bridging universes. | 而我的理论就是 如何沟通平行的宇宙 |
[14:24] | Exactly. | 很对 |
[14:25] | Yeah,we’re hoping to use your proof as the theoretical basis for building a bridge from a parallel space time to ours. | 我们希望以你的证明为理论基础 建造一座通往平行时空的桥梁 |
[14:31] | The energy you’d need would be enormous to the point of absurd. | 那你们需要的能量 将会是异乎寻常的大 |
[14:34] | Absurd we can do. | 我们可以做到 |
[14:35] | We have something called a zero point module | 我们有一种被称为零点模块的东西 |
[14:36] | which essentially does we’re attempting on a smaller scale– | 就是我们试图构建模型的微缩版 |
[14:39] | extract energy from subspace time. | 可以从子空间中提取能量 |
[14:41] | So subspace is real? | 就是说子空间是真实存在的? |
[14:43] | You’re flying in it. | 你现在正在里面飞行 |
[14:46] | Aren’t you worried about the exotic particles crossing back over my bridge? | 你就不担心外来粒子也会通过 我那座桥梁跑进来? |
[14:49] | Well,that’s the beauty of your theory. | 这就是你的理论吸引人的地方 |
[14:51] | It should not only allow us to build a bridge. | 它不仅可以帮我们建造这座桥梁 |
[14:53] | It should also allow us to manage the flow rate of energy. | 同时还可以帮我们 控制能量通过的速度 |
[14:56] | Like a faucet. | 就好像水龙头一样 |
[14:58] | Well,something like that. | 有点类似吧 |
[14:59] | It’s exactly like that. | 非常类似 |
[15:01] | What about the parallel universe? | 那个平行宇宙呢? |
[15:02] | Aren’t you just shifting the exotic particle problem to their side? | 这样做会不会把外来粒子的问题 抛给了那边? |
[15:05] | Potentially. | 有可能 |
[15:06] | But when you consider that the number of possible parallel universes | 可是考虑到平行宇宙的个数 |
[15:09] | that we could access borders on the infinite,the odds of us choosing,at random,one that’s inhabited are astronomically slim. | 我们想应该是无数个 这样被我们随机 选中且碰巧有人居住的可能性就极小 |
[15:19] | I know,it’s an awful lot to take in at once. | 我知道 一下子接收这么多 有些困难 |
[15:22] | I solved your problem in my spare time… | 我在业余时间解决了你的问题… |
[15:24] | with finger paints. | 用水彩颜料 |
[15:26] | Here we go. | 干得好 |
[15:27] | I just can’t imagine how you’re surviving the humiliation. | 难以想像 这对你来说是多大的耻辱 |
[15:29] | If not for my work,your little theory would be useless– | 如果不是我的努力 你那个微不足道的理论就毫无用处… |
[15:32] | whoa,whoa,siblings,please… | 停 停 你们两个… |
[15:34] | sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:38] | What? | 什么? |
[15:40] | Well,it’s just that you both said “sorry” in that cute little canadian way,and I… | 刚才你们两个说”抱歉” 就好像是加拿大小孩子一样 我… |
[15:47] | sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:48] | Touch base when you get back to atlantis. | 回到Atlantis之后跟基地联系 |
[15:50] | Good luck. | 祝好运 |
[15:53] | These alien creatures must be quite the threat for you to even try what you’re doing. | 那些外星生物肯定对你们造成了很大威胁 以至于你们愿意冒这么大险 |
[15:56] | I don’t want to scare you,but you need to know the stakes. | 我不想吓你 不过你要明白现在的局势 |
[15:59] | We’re at war. | 我们在打仗 |
[16:00] | Did you start it? | 是你们发起的么? |
[16:02] | What?No! | 什么?不! |
[16:03] | Come on… | 拜托… |
[16:09] | okay,you’ve got a nota bene by the cosmological constant.Why is that? | 你在宇宙恒量旁边做了一个记号 什么意思? |
[16:12] | Jeanie? Jeanie? | |
[16:16] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[16:18] | Yeah Yeah. | |
[16:19] | While you’re here…remember? | 你是来做什么的…还记得么? |
[16:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:21] | So there’s your problem right there. | 这就是你碰到的问题 |
[16:23] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊? |
[16:24] | It’s here,and you made a mistake. | 是这里 你又犯了一个错误 |
[16:26] | No,I didn’T. | 不 我没有 |
[16:26] | Okay,so,we need a yea or nay on the equations. | 好吧 对这些公式 我们需要你回答 对或者错 |
[16:31] | Yea. | 对 |
[16:36] | Atlantis already has a containment chamber we can use. | Atlantis已经有了一个密封舱 我们可以利用它 |
[16:39] | I’ll forward the necessary modifications to zelenka. | 我会把所有需要做的改进 转发给Zelenka |
[16:41] | If he doesn’t mess it up,he can make the changes we need before we even get there. | 如果他没有搞砸的话 那些修改会在 我们抵达之前完成 |
[17:02] | Ready? | 准备好了? |
[17:05] | Now,we’ve been through these calculations a number of times, | 我们已经检验过这些计算好多次了 |
[17:07] | and I think we’ve settled on a containment field setup that should work for us. | 我想已经完成了对约束场的设置 应该可以用了 |
[17:11] | I just want to show you these… | 我给你看的是这些… |
[17:17] | yes,we have it,people! | 好的 成了! |
[17:18] | Good work. | 干得好 |
[17:19] | Good work,everybody. | 干得好 各位 |
[17:22] | Just in time. | 时间刚刚好 |
[17:23] | Had he talked about his sister with you? | 他跟你谈过他的妹妹么? |
[17:25] | Once or twice in passing. | 过去有那么一两次吧 |
[17:26] | Usually like,”oh,come on,even my sister can do that! | 一般是”噢 不是吧 我妹妹都可以做到!” |
[17:29] | ” You know,that type of thing. | 就是这种 |
[17:30] | How’s it coming,radek? | 进行得怎么样了 Radek? |
[17:31] | The simulations are all in the green. | 模拟一切正常 |
[17:32] | We’re ready to try power-up. | 只等正式启动了 |
[17:33] | Just in time. | 时间刚刚好 |
[17:34] | That’s actually what I just said. | 我刚才也是说这句话 |
[17:40] | Holy cow… | 我的天… |
[17:42] | that can’t be good for you. | 这样对人肯定不好 |
[17:44] | Nothing to worry about. | 没什么好担心的 |
[17:45] | I’ve done it dozens of times. | 我已经被传送了几十次了 |
[17:47] | John Sheppard John sheppard. | |
[17:49] | Yeah.She’s married,and she’s my sister. | 她已经结婚了 她是我妹妹 |
[17:51] | I’m just saying hi. | 我只是问好而已 |
[17:52] | Yeah.No,I know exactly what you’re doing. | 我知道你在做什么 |
[17:53] | I’ve seen that look before,kirk. | 我见过你这种表情 Kirk |
[17:56] | Hello,mrs.Miller.I’m dr.Elizabeth weir. | 你好 Miller 我是Elizabeth Weir博士 |
[17:58] | Welcome to atlantis. | 欢迎来到Atlantis |
[18:00] | Thank you.Mer’s told me so much about you. | 谢谢 Mer多次向我提起过你 |
[18:02] | All good,I– did you just call him “mer”? | 你刚才叫他”Mer”? |
[18:05] | It’s a pet name.Where are we? | 那是昵称 我们说到哪儿了? |
[18:07] | Simulations are all in the green.We’re ready to try a power-up. | 模拟一切正常 我们准备正式启动 |
[18:09] | Really?So soon? | 真的?这么快? |
[18:10] | That’s amazing.Excellent work,radek. | 太令人惊讶了 干得漂亮 Radek |
[18:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:13] | We try not to encourage him. | 我们正试图不要过多地鼓励他 |
[18:15] | He’s got a bit of an ego. | 他这人有点自负 |
[18:25] | In-chamber conditions are green. | 密封舱中一切正常 |
[18:29] | Containment field is in the green. | 约束场正常 |
[18:32] | Monitors are green. | 监视器正常 |
[18:34] | Everything’s green. | 一切都正常 |
[18:36] | He likes to do the checklist. | 他很喜欢检查清单 |
[18:37] | Zpm levels are well into the green. | ZPM输出状态良好 |
[18:41] | And back-up terminals are green. | 备用终端也很正常 |
[18:45] | We’re ready to initiate power-up. | 我们准备启动了 |
[18:47] | Good luck. | 祝好运 |
[18:48] | All right. | 好吧 |
[18:49] | Here we go. | 我们开始吧 |
[18:51] | Want to turn it on together? | 我们一起来启动? |
[18:54] | Why would we do that? | 为什么要这么做? |
[18:56] | Because it’s both of our work. | 因为这是我们大家的努力 |
[18:58] | There’s only room on the button for one finger,so… | 这个按钮太小 只能让一根手指来按… |
[19:00] | well,then,can I do it? | 那么 可以让我来么? |
[19:01] | Yeah,but I’m right here,so… | 行啊 不过我已经在这里了 所以… |
[19:02] | he likes to push the button. | 他很喜欢按按钮 |
[19:05] | Fine.Go. | 好吧 按吧 |
[19:06] | Powering up to 5%. | 输入5%的能量 |
[19:16] | The containment field is holding. | 约束场维持住了 |
[19:18] | Power generation is steady. | 能量产出非常稳定 |
[19:19] | What about exotic particles? | 外来粒子情况怎么样? |
[19:20] | Jeanie,please,I’m on it. | Jeanie 拜托 我正在检查 |
[19:22] | We are holding at 5%. | 我们保持在5% |
[19:26] | Good. | 很好 |
[19:27] | Now what? | 然后呢? |
[19:28] | The safe thing to do is hold at 5% for the next while. | 为了安全起见 在接下来的一段时间内 最好维持在5% |
[19:31] | She wasn’t talking to you. | 她没有问你 |
[19:33] | Actually,it was an open question to the floor. | 事实上 我是在问这里所有的人 |
[19:35] | “Shared credit”,huh? | “共享成就” 啊? |
[19:36] | “We’ll do this together”?”Dad’ll be so proud. | “我们要一起来完成”? “爸爸一定会非常自豪”? |
[19:38] | ” This is not the time or the place. | 不是这个时间 也不是这个地点 |
[19:41] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[19:42] | I’m going to my quarters. | 我要回我的房间了 |
[19:43] | Yes.Well,good night.Thank you. | 好吧 晚安 谢谢你 |
[19:47] | So? | 怎么了? |
[19:48] | Well,obviously we hold at 5% for the next while and see if any problems turn up. | 我们维持在5%这里 然后看看会不会出现什么问题 |
[19:54] | Right… | 好的… |
[19:55] | I should probably try to get some rest myself. | 我想我该去休息一下了 |
[19:58] | Could you… | 你能不能… |
[20:21] | What the… | 这到底是… |
[20:23] | shut it down. | 把它关掉 |
[20:27] | Foreign object? | 外来物体? |
[20:29] | Go get dr.Zelenka. | 快去叫Zelenka博士 |
[20:48] | It worked. | 成功了 |
[20:50] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[20:52] | Radek? Radek? | |
[20:53] | Yes… | 是… |
[20:55] | I need to speak to whoever’s in charge of this project. | 我要跟你这个项目的主管说话 |
[20:58] | But that’s you. | 可那就是你啊 |
[21:02] | Well,then… | 好吧… |
[21:03] | I guess I need to speak to me. | 我想我该和”我”谈谈 |
[21:22] | What is this? | 怎么了? |
[21:23] | Hey,meredith. | 嘿 Meredith |
[21:25] | Oh,wonderful. | 噢 太好了 |
[21:27] | John here was kind enough to show me around,offer me a warm meal,and introduce me to your friends. | John对我非常好 带我四处看看 提供美味的食品 还把几个朋友介绍给我 |
[21:32] | What have you told them? | 你跟他们说什么了? |
[21:33] | We weren’t talking about you. | 我们没有谈你 |
[21:35] | Oh,you weren’t? | 你们没有? |
[21:35] | No.We were discussing many things. | 没有 我们在讨论很多事情 |
[21:38] | Now,when the issue of bedwetting happened to come up,she may have mentioned something about your childhood. | 当我们提起尿床的时候 她可能顺便 提了一下你童年发生的事情 |
[21:44] | That is not true. | 那不是真的 |
[21:45] | Relax.We all have embarrassing childhood stories. | 别紧张 我们大家都有 令人尴尬的童年故事 |
[21:48] | Of course we do. | 是啊 |
[21:48] | One time the school bullies made me eat lunch with my underwear on my head. | 有一次学校里的几个恶棍让我头戴着 自己的内裤吃午饭 |
[21:52] | Oh,wait,that was you. | 不 等等 那是你 |
[21:56] | Oh,hardy har-har. | 噢 哈哈哈哈 |
[21:58] | And this is revenge for what,exactly? | 为什么要报复我? |
[22:00] | You don’t even know,do you? | 你甚至都不知道 是不是? |
[22:02] | Coloneshco and dr.Mckay to the isolation room immediately. | Sheppard中校和Mckay博士 马上到隔离室来 |
[22:05] | Isolation room? | 隔离室? |
[22:07] | Come on. | 快来 |
[22:21] | What in the world… | 那到底是… |
[22:22] | that’s you. | 是你 |
[22:24] | No,that is a live closed-circuit feed of a man we have in the isolation room. | 不 隔离室中的那个人 就好比闭合电路中的馈电 |
[22:39] | What? | 什么? |
[22:40] | He appeared in the containment chamber in some sort of force field. | 他突然出现在密封舱中 外面包裹着某种力场 |
[22:44] | What do you mean,he appeared? | 什么意思 他突然出现? |
[22:46] | Out of thin air. | 无中生有的 |
[22:48] | I have zelenka working on it. | 我已经让Zelenka开始调查了 |
[22:50] | Obviously we shut down the project. | 当然我们把项目停下来了 |
[22:51] | How did he get in there? | 他是怎么进去的? |
[22:53] | He claims to be from a parallel universe. | 他声称自己来自一个平行的宇宙 |
[22:56] | You said the odds against this were astronomical– you saw the math! | ﹣我说过这个几率会很大 ﹣你看过那些数学公式! |
[22:59] | We got it wrong- | 可我们错了 |
[23:00] | – yes,well,he’s here now,so the question is,what does he want? | 是啊 可他已经来了 问题是 他想要干什么? |
[23:03] | To talk to you. | 跟你谈谈 |
[23:06] | You want shared credit? | 你还想分享成就么? |
[23:08] | You’re coming in with me. | 那就跟我来吧 |
[23:22] | Now,I figured you’d be here,but,uh,but jeanie… | 我知道你会在这里 不过 Jeanie… |
[23:26] | I always hoped we’d work together in atlantis. | 我一直希望我们能一起在Atlantis工作 |
[23:29] | This is a first. | 这可是头一回听说 |
[23:31] | For me too. | 我也是 |
[23:32] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[23:34] | Now,I presume you go by “rodney”? | 我想你也叫”Rodney”? |
[23:38] | Rod Rod. | |
[23:40] | I could never get anyone to call me that. | 我可从来没有让别人这样叫我 |
[23:42] | Okay,I’m going to make some assumptions based on what I’ve seen here and from readings we’ve taken in my own space time. | 根据我在这里所目睹的 以及在我那个 时空所获取的读数 我想做些假设 |
[23:49] | Please stop me if I’m wrong. | 我说错了可以纠正 |
[23:51] | One,I presume you’re running some sort of experiment that’s designed to bridge between parallel universes? | 第一:我猜你们在进行某种实验 试图在平行的时空间搭建一座桥梁? |
[23:56] | And two,it has something to do with power generation. | 第二:这跟产生能量有一定关系 |
[24:00] | Warm?Cold? | 对?错? |
[24:01] | Hot. | 很对 |
[24:03] | Well,I’m sure the experiment has been a success on this side, | 我相信在这边试验进行得非常成功 |
[24:05] | but it’s having some rather serious repercussions in my universe. | 可是在我那个宇宙有一些严重的问题 |
[24:09] | I told you. | 我跟你说过了 |
[24:10] | Not now. | 不是现在 |
[24:11] | Dangerous exotic particles that don’t belong in either of our universes are being created on your side of the bridge. | 危险的外来粒子不属于任何时空 |
[24:16] | Oh,so you knew this could happen? | 就是说你知道会发生这种事情? |
[24:21] | There was a slight risk,yes. | 的确是有这种小危险存在 |
[24:24] | This is weird. | 真是怪异 |
[24:25] | Well,you’re quite correct,jeanie, | 是的 你很对 Jeanie |
[24:26] | and because these particles don’t behave according to any of the laws of physics in our space time, | 因为那些粒子在我们的时空中 并不遵守任何物理法则 |
[24:30] | they’re creating a tear in the fabric of our universe. | 它们正在撕开我们那个宇宙 |
[24:34] | First a solar system,now a universe. | 先头是一个太阳系 现在是整个宇宙 |
[24:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:37] | How exactly did you get here? | 你到底是怎么来这儿的? |
[24:40] | Well,we detected the anomaly about 20 hours ago in space above the planet. | 大概20小时前 我们在行星上空 探测到了异常 |
[24:44] | We maneuvered one of our jumpers in close and tried to broadcast a signal to whoever was on the other side. | 我们驾驶一艘Jumper飞船飞到那里 广播信号 试图通知那一边 |
[24:50] | Yes,but of course,we would be unable to detect that signal from within the containment chamber. | 可是我们无法探测到 密封舱内部的无线电信号 |
[24:53] | So sheppard and i came up with a plan to beam a person into the anomaly. | 于是Sheppard和我就想出一个点子 将一个人直接光传送进不正常的区域 |
[24:57] | They would be protected by an ancient personal force field that we discovered. | 当然首先用我们先头发现的 古人发明的个人力场作保护 |
[25:01] | I depleted ours. | 我把我们这边的那个东西 耗尽能量了 |
[25:03] | Still,it was an incredible risk. | 不管怎么说 这仍然是冒了很大的险 |
[25:06] | Well,it was sheppard’s idea. | 这是Sheppard的主意 |
[25:08] | We decided it might allow one of us to cross the bridge you’d created and bring the problem to your attention. | 我们决定派个人过来 告诉你们造成的问题 并希望引起你们的注意 |
[25:13] | There was very little time,and,well,there seemed to be no other way. | 所剩的时间不多了 而且也没有其它办法 |
[25:16] | We drew straws… | 我们抽签… |
[25:18] | you lost. | 你输了 |
[25:19] | No.I won. | 不 我赢了 |
[25:20] | What,the prospect of saving an entire universe? | 怎么 拯救整个宇宙的机会? |
[25:23] | No-brainer. | 没脑子 |
[25:25] | Oh,sure. | 哦 当然 |
[25:27] | I can’t begin to say how sorry we are. | 我真不知道该怎么道歉才好 |
[25:30] | Yes,well,you could start by shutting down the experiment? | 你们可以停止这个实验 |
[25:34] | Already done. | 已经停了 |
[25:35] | After hearing what you’ve told me,I see no reason why we’d start it back up again. | 在听了你说的一切之后 我看我们也没有理由再启动它了 |
[25:38] | Great. | 很好 |
[25:39] | Then my work here is done. | 那么我的工作就完成了 |
[25:41] | Mission accomplished. | 任务完成 |
[25:49] | Uh,well,yes,but how did you plan on getting,you know,back? | 你准备怎么 回去? |
[25:55] | I mean,to your own universe? | 我是说 回到你的那个宇宙? |
[25:57] | The matter bridge you created is unidirectional. | 你们建立的桥梁是单向的 |
[26:01] | But that means… | 那就是说… |
[26:02] | yes. | 是的 |
[26:03] | Yes,it does. | 是的 它是的 |
[26:10] | So,jeanie,do you have three kids in this universe? | Jeanie 你在这个宇宙中有三个孩子? |
[26:13] | No.Just the one. | 不 只有一个 |
[26:14] | Well,I’m sure you’re as great a mother in this space time as you are in mine. | 你在这个宇宙中也会是一个好母亲 就跟我那个时空中的一样 |
[26:18] | Oh,this will blow your mind. | 看了这个 你肯定会高兴的 |
[26:20] | I have photographs of your alternate life. | 我有一些那边的你生活的照片 |
[26:23] | Want to see pictures of the kids you haven’t had yet? | 想不想看看那边的你生下的孩子? |
[26:25] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[26:26] | Oh,look at maddie.Who’s that? | 看啊 Maddie 这是谁啊? |
[26:28] | That’s bradley and robbie. | 是Bradley和Robbie |
[26:30] | All right,what’s the game plan here? | 好吧 有什么计划? |
[26:32] | We put him up in the guest quarters until we can find something more permanent. | 我们先把他安排在客房里 直到想出一个永久的解决方案 |
[26:34] | Something more permanent? | 永久的方案? |
[26:35] | Well,we’re not keeping him. | 我们不能留下他 |
[26:36] | He can’t go back. | 他回不去了 |
[26:37] | That just doesn’t mean he has to stay here. | 但那并不意味着他必须留在这里 |
[26:39] | He said he’d rather be on atlantis than earth. | 他说过更喜欢呆在Atlantis而不是地球 |
[26:41] | Oh,I see.So he gets his way and I don’t? | 哦 我明白了 这么说为了顾他就不顾我了? |
[26:43] | How can you not want to be with him? | 你为什么不想跟他在一起? |
[26:44] | He’s you! He’s not me. | ﹣他是”你”啊! ﹣他不是”我” |
[26:46] | I’m me,the real me. | 我才是”我” 真正的我 |
[26:47] | I suppose it’s all relative. | 我觉得这都是相对的 |
[26:49] | To rod,his reality is every bit as valid as ours. | 对Rod来说 他的每一点 对我们来说都是真实存在的 |
[26:51] | To him,we’re the impostors. | 对他来说 我们才是冒名顶替者 |
[26:53] | What does elizabeth have to say about all of this? | Elizabeth对这一切是怎么说的? |
[26:55] | Two mckays are better than one. | 两个Mckays比一个强 |
[26:57] | There aren’t two mckays! | 不是两个Mckays! |
[26:58] | There’s one mckay and him. | 只有一个Mckay 还有一个是他 |
[27:01] | Whatever you say… | 随便你怎么说… |
[27:03] | Meredith meredith. | |
[27:19] | Nice shot. | 打得不错 |
[27:20] | Easily 275. | 这么容易就275码 |
[27:23] | You know,I’ve been meaning to put up buoy markers,but who has the time,huh? | 我一直想用浮筒做几个标记 可谁又有时间呢? |
[27:29] | This is great. | 这可真棒 |
[27:30] | We don’t have one of these where I’m from. | 在我来的地方 什么都没有 |
[27:31] | Besides,you’d need to take a cattle prod to the sheppard I know to get him up this early. | 另外 我认识的那个Sheppard 想让他起得这么早 非得用马刺才行 |
[27:36] | Late nights partying,huh? | 夜猫子 哈? |
[27:40] | If you could call it that. | 随便你怎么叫 |
[27:41] | He’s very active with the mensa club we have there. | 他在我们那里的Mensa俱乐部 非常活跃 |
[27:45] | They have a lot of… | 他有一大堆… |
[27:46] | “functions. | “职责” |
[27:47] | ” Well,you can’t blame a man for his intelligence. | 你不能因为一个人聪明就去责备他 |
[27:51] | No,but I can blame him for reminding all the time. | 是的 不过我可以时时提醒他 |
[27:55] | He doesn’T. | 他不会是这样 |
[27:56] | Mm,trust me. | 相信我 |
[27:57] | My sheppard makes your rodney seem modest in comparison. | 相比我那边的Sheppard 你们的Rodney简直就谦虚多了 |
[28:03] | Well,I’ve got to admit,between you and me,you’re a lot different than our rodney too. | 这个我同意 对你我来说 你跟我们的Rodney也有很大不同 |
[28:10] | How so? | 怎么个不同? |
[28:12] | It’s the little things. | 从小事就可以看出 |
[28:14] | You like golf,you say “please” and “thank you”,you’re… | 你喜欢高尔夫 你会说”请”和”谢谢” 你… |
[28:19] | what’s the opposite of condescending? | 谦虚的反义词是什么? |
[28:29] | Now,I could help you with that hook. | 我可以教你怎么挥杆 |
[28:42] | What the hell is this? | 到底怎么了? |
[28:44] | Hey,sleepyhead. | 嘿 懒虫 |
[28:45] | Yeah.Hi. | Yeah 嗨 |
[28:46] | I had a breakfast date with jeanie. | 我和Jeanie一起吃了顿早餐 |
[28:47] | I ballooned into a group affair. | 结果却引出了一堆话题 |
[28:50] | Sit.We’re tracing back our lives,trying to find the little differences between our pasts. | 坐吧 我们正在回顾过去 看看我们之间到底有什么不同 |
[28:53] | Rod is an honorary member of the athosian council. | Rod是Athosian议会的名誉会员 |
[28:56] | And is godfather to his niece and nephews. | 另外还是他侄子和侄女的教父 |
[28:58] | Yes,well,how wonderful for him. | 是啊 多么荣光阿 |
[28:59] | Well,it’s easier for me. | 这对我来说很容易 |
[29:00] | Our earth has a zpm too,so it makes the back and forth a lot simpler. | 我们的地球也有一个ZPM 这让我们往返非常容易 |
[29:04] | Drs.Mckay,please report to the containment chamber. | Mckay博士们 请到密封舱报告 |
[29:06] | Drs.Mckay. | Mckay博士们 |
[29:08] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[29:10] | Hey,rod,are we still on to spar later? | Rod 我们还会在一起聊么? |
[29:12] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[29:19] | What do you mean you started it up again? | 你说又开启它了是什么意思? |
[29:21] | Shutting the expeth down only made things worse for us,not better. | 把它关掉只会让事情更糟 |
[29:25] | The matter bridge is still active,but we are not drawing any power,creating pressure,like a dam. | 物质桥仍然处于活动状态 我们只是没有抽取能量 造成压力 就好像大坝 |
[29:31] | If we didn’t turn it on again,it could have resulted in a catastrophic overload. | 如果我们不把它打开 就会造成大灾难 就好比决堤 |
[29:35] | we should have thought of that. | 我们应该想到这一点 |
[29:38] | Don’t look at me. | 别看这我 |
[29:38] | Oh,so you’re willing to take all the credit but none of the blame? | 你想获取所有的成就 却不管谴责? |
[29:41] | I never wanted all the credit. | 我没有说要所有的成就 |
[29:42] | No one is blaming you. | 没有人在谴责你 |
[29:44] | Oh,really? | 真的? |
[29:45] | Look,this is just a temporary solution. | 这只是一个临时的解决方案 |
[29:47] | The zelenka in my space time estimates that there is at least a week and a half before the tear expands as far as the city… | 我那边的Zelenk估计至少要一周半 缺口才会扩展到城市… |
[29:53] | my city. | 我的城市 |
[29:55] | What will happen when it does? | 到那时会发生什么? |
[29:57] | Imagine what would happen if you just threw the laws of physics out the window. | 想像一下 如果把所有的物理法则丢掉 会发生什么事情 |
[30:00] | Entropy.Chaos. | 混沌 |
[30:02] | Worst-case scenario,the entropy expands as far as the subspace layers underneath our space time– | 更糟的情况是 缺口扩散到 位于我们时空之下的子空间层… |
[30:07] | it could travel almost instantaneously. | 那样它就可以在瞬间扩张 |
[30:09] | Your entire universe could flash out of existence. | 你那边的整个宇宙就会不复存在 |
[30:11] | We need to mend that tear before it becomes irreparable. | 我们必须在事情发展到无法挽回之前 修复那个缺口 |
[30:14] | Now,I have some thoughts. | 我有一些主意 |
[30:15] | Is there a place we can go to work? | 我们有专门的工作地方么? |
[30:17] | Yes,of course.Follow me. | 是的 当然 跟我来 |
[30:19] | Oh,jeanie,we could use your help. | Jeanie 我们需要你的帮助 |
[30:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:25] | Do you mind running up these power requirements? | 能不能帮忙计算一下这些的能量需求? |
[30:27] | Done. | 好的 |
[30:32] | What were you doing having breakfast with him? | 你为什么要跟他共进早餐? |
[30:34] | I don’t often meet people from another universe. | 我很少见到来自另外宇宙的人 |
[30:36] | I found myself curiously interested. | 我只是比较好奇 |
[30:38] | I don’t want you hanging around with him. | 我不希望你呆在他身边 |
[30:40] | What? | 怎么了? |
[30:42] | Look,I am your real brother. | 听着 我才是你真正的哥哥 |
[30:43] | In what sense? | 从什么意义上说? |
[30:44] | Oh,what is that supposed to mean? | 噢 你是什么意思? |
[30:46] | You haven’t been a brother to me since I quit school. | 自从我从学校退学开始 你就不是我的哥哥了 |
[30:48] | You were making an incredible mistake. | 你正在犯一个难以置信的错误 |
[30:50] | I was just trying to– you were trying to control my life,mer. | ﹣我只是想… ﹣你想要控制我的生活 Mer |
[30:53] | I disagreed with you.I still do. | 我不同意你的看法 现在仍然是 |
[30:55] | And what,because of that,you stop being my brother? | 接着呢 你放弃做我哥哥的权利? |
[30:57] | I never stopped being your brother. | 我从来没有放弃做你哥哥 |
[30:59] | We haven’t talked in four years. | 我们已经有四年多没有说话了 |
[31:02] | Don’t put that all on me. | 这不能都怪我 |
[31:02] | It is all on you. | 这都是因为你 |
[31:04] | I had no way of getting in touch with you. | 我根本没有办法跟你联系 |
[31:06] | I was doing top-secret research in another galaxy! | 我在另外一个星系做着绝密研究! |
[31:10] | You could have sent me a message. | 你可以给我发条消息 |
[31:11] | You know,call me on my birthday,at christmas,once a year… | 在我生日 或者圣诞节给我打电话 一年就那么一次… |
[31:15] | that’s all I would have needed. | 我所需要的就是这些 |
[31:16] | Just a “hi.How are you? | 只是”嘿 你还好吗?” |
[31:18] | “Are you happy?Are you okay? | “你快乐么?你还好么?” |
[31:21] | ” That would have been enough,but you didn’t even do that. | 那就够了 可你这都没有做到 |
[31:23] | I was wrong and you were right,so,what,I was not worth talking to? | 我是错的 你是对的 怎么呢 所以就不值得跟我说话了? |
[31:28] | It wasn’t like that at all. | 根本不是这样 |
[31:30] | You don’t like me talking to rod because it makes you realize how bad a brother you’ve really been. | 你不喜欢看到我跟Rod说话是因为这 会让你意识到你这个哥哥当得多么差 |
[31:35] | Hey,have you guys got something over there? | 嘿 你们有没有什么进展? |
[31:39] | No. | 没有 |
[31:41] | We don’T. | 我们没有 |
[31:46] | He’s slowing me down. | 他让我慢下来 |
[31:48] | Really? | 真的? |
[31:48] | I thought two of you would have sped things up. | 我还以为两个你会加快进度呢 |
[31:50] | Yeah,he’s not me. | 他不是我 |
[31:52] | I know he’s not the same person.Trust me. | 我知道他不是一样的人 相信我 |
[31:54] | I’m just saying,he’s a genius too,isn’t he? | 我的意思是 他也是一个天才 不是么? |
[31:56] | Unless he’s lying. | 除非他在撒谎 |
[31:58] | About what? | 关于什么? |
[31:58] | What if the people on his atlantis were sick of him messing up all the time,huh? | 如果在他那边的Atlantis中 每个人都很讨厌他呢? |
[32:01] | So when it came time to send some stooge on a one-way ticket to another universe, | 所以如果有机会送给一个小丑 一张到另外一个宇宙的单程票 |
[32:05] | there was only one guy they could do without. | 那他们肯定只会送给一个人 |
[32:07] | Say what you want.I know what this is about. | 说说你想要什么 我知道你是什么意思 |
[32:09] | Oh,really,mr.Mensa. | 哦 真的么 Mensa先生 |
[32:11] | In a parallel universe,what is this all about? | 在一个平行的宇宙中 这又有什么意义? |
[32:13] | You think jeanie likes him more than you. | 你认为Jeanie更喜欢他 而不是你 |
[32:15] | What? | 什么? |
[32:16] | That’s crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[32:17] | That’S… | 这… |
[32:20] | that’s possibly true. | 也许是真的 |
[32:24] | Jeanie and i drifted apart. | Jeanie和我两地分居 |
[32:26] | I mean,that happens.It wasn’t done maliciously. | 我是说 如果发生这种事情也不奇怪 |
[32:28] | Do I have regrets?Yes,of course I do.But who doesn’t? | 我该后悔么?是的 当然 不过谁碰到这种事情不会呢? |
[32:31] | I’m not very good at saying I’m sorry or that I’m wrong,possibly because it happens so rarely. | 我不是很善于说我很抱歉或者说 我错了 也许是因为很少有这样的机会 |
[32:38] | So I didn’t call or write,and when I realized that four years has gone by,it was just A… | 我没有打电话 也没有写信 当我意识到已经过去四年时 |
[32:45] | you’re right. | 你是对的 |
[32:46] | Of course,you’re right. | 当然 你是对的 |
[32:49] | She has every reason to hate me. | 她当然会恨我 |
[32:51] | I didn’t say she hates you. | 我并没有说她恨你 |
[32:52] | Well,she should. | 不 她应该恨我 |
[32:54] | If you insist. I do. | ﹣如果你坚持的话… ﹣我会的 |
[32:56] | Fair enough. | 够了 |
[32:58] | Dr.Mckay to the containment chamber. | Mckay博士请来密封舱 |
[33:00] | Dr.Mckay. | Mckay博士 |
[33:03] | Good talk.Thanks. | 不错的谈话 谢谢 |
[33:10] | Great.He’s here. | 很好 他来了 |
[33:12] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[33:12] | I set up a way to pick up transmissions inside the containment chamber should rod’s universe try to contact us. | 我想出一个方法来接收密封舱内的 无线电信号 Rod的世界想要联络我们 |
[33:17] | We,of course,still have no way of communicating with them,but– | 当然 我们还没有办法跟他们联络 |
[33:21] | they sent us a message? | 他们发消息给我们了? |
[33:22] | Yeah.Apparently their exotic particle problem is spinning out of control much faster than they had anticipated. | 是的 外来粒子的问题扩展得 比他们预料中要快得多 |
[33:27] | Oh,boy. | 噢 天哪 |
[33:28] | But they have a solution. | 不过他们有解决办法 |
[33:29] | They do?That’s great. | 有么?那太好了 |
[33:31] | Well,not really. | 噢 实际上不算是 |
[33:32] | Their solution will not only destroy atlantis but tear a hole in the fabric of this universe. | 这种方法不仅会摧毁Atlantis 而且还会在这个宇宙撕个大洞 |
[33:38] | Oh,boy. | 噢 天哪 |
[33:46] | Now,I’m not saying that their attempt would be successful,but if it was, | 现在 我不是说他们的企图会成功 不过如果成功了 |
[33:50] | it would flood the exotic particles that have been created on their side into this space time all at once. | 就会让所有产生的外来粒子 涌入到这边来 |
[33:55] | And that would… | 而那就会… |
[33:56] | be bad. | 很糟糕 |
[33:57] | Right. | 是的 |
[33:58] | I got that,buT… | 我知道 不过… |
[33:59] | how bad? | 有多糟? |
[34:00] | Well,to be honest,the science gets extremely complicated,but simply put, | 说实话 科学的解释非常复杂 不过简而言之 |
[34:05] | the tear will eventually swallow up the entire galaxy,possibly the universe. | 裂口会吞噬整个星系 甚至是整个宇宙 |
[34:08] | So… | 这么说… |
[34:10] | very bad. | 非常糟糕 |
[34:11] | Well,I think we can all agree that that would be bad,yes. | 好吧 我们我们都承认这非常糟糕 |
[34:13] | Their plan will take six hours to implement. | 他们的计划还有6个小时就要实施 |
[34:16] | I suggest we do something before that. | 我建议我们要抢先采取行动 |
[34:17] | Well,we have an idea. | 我们有个主意 |
[34:18] | Actually,jeanie has an idea. | 事实上 是Jeanie有个主意 |
[34:21] | We think we can collapse the bridge with a massive burst of energy from this side. | 我们可以从这边用巨大的能量爆发 来让那座桥垮塌掉 |
[34:26] | And stop the creation of exotic particles on the other side by doing so. | 而且这样做 也可以让那边停止产生外来粒子 |
[34:31] | How massive a burst are we talking? | 需要多少能量? |
[34:33] | Everything we’ve got. | 我们所拥有的一切 |
[34:34] | I mean,enough to severely deplete our zpm. | 会让我们的ZPM完全枯竭 |
[34:37] | So instead of creating a new powerful energy source,we’ll be sacrificing the one we already have. | 就是说我们非但没有建造一个新的能源 反而要耗尽现有的能源 |
[34:42] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:43] | We’d still be able to dial earth,but much less frequently,of course, | 我们仍然可以拨号到地球 不过频率上就要大大降低了 |
[34:46] | and let’s just say I wouldn’t want to be around here if the wraith show up. | 我是说 在幽灵出现的时候 我可不想呆在这里 |
[34:54] | I don’t see that we have a choice. | 我觉得我们别无选择 |
[34:58] | All right. | 好吧 |
[35:00] | Do it. | 干吧 |
[35:03] | Dr.Weir gave the okay for this? | Weir同意这样做了? |
[35:04] | You’d rather the universe was destroyed? | 你更希望看到整个宇宙被毁掉? |
[35:07] | Not really. | 当然不 |
[35:08] | Rodney,can I talk to you for a second? | Rodney 可以跟你谈谈么? |
[35:15] | Look,the daedalus is still in orbit.I thought… | Daedalus号还在轨道上 我想… |
[35:17] | I know what you’re going to say. | 我知道你想说什么 |
[35:19] | If I can beam into the energy stream protected by my personal force field– | 如果可以把我光传送进那个能量流 |
[35:22] | you’d be transported back to your universe. | 你就会被传送回你那个宇宙 |
[35:24] | I didn’t bring it up before because if it doesn’t work… | 我没有提到这个是因为 如果不成功的话… |
[35:28] | I’m willing to take that risk. | 我愿意冒这个险 |
[35:30] | I’ve already requested the daedalus to execute the transport to the coordinates inside the chamber on your mark. | 我已经请求Daedlus在听到你的指令后 把我传送进那个密封舱内的相应坐标 |
[35:36] | That is,if you’re willing to do this. | 如果你答应这样做的话 |
[35:39] | Everyone loves you here. | 这里的所有人都喜欢你 |
[35:41] | Yeah,but it’s not home. | 可这里毕竟不是家 |
[35:43] | Look,what,my sheppard is a know-it-all,my teyla is hard to talk to,and my ronon is… | 我那边的Sheppard自称无事不通 Teyla很难交流 Ronon… |
[35:50] | well,actually those two are pretty similar. | 这两个非常相近 |
[35:53] | I guess what I’m trying to say is that for all their faults,they’re my team. | 我想说的是 尽管他们有这些不足 可他们毕竟是我的队员 |
[35:59] | My place is with them. | 我的位置就是跟他们一起 |
[36:01] | Besides,they’re not looking for another mckay around here. | 另外 他们在这里 也不需要另外一个Mckay |
[36:04] | They already have one. | 他们已经有一个了 |
[36:05] | It’s just a lesser model,hmm? | 可比另外那个差远了 |
[36:07] | Oh,I envy you. | 我很羡慕你 |
[36:08] | You say exactly what’s on your mind no matter how it makes you look. | 你可以毫无顾忌 直接说出自己想说的话 |
[36:11] | I can only imagine the freedom you must have not caring if people like you or not. | 你根本不用在意别人怎么看你 |
[36:16] | People don’t like me? | 人们不喜欢我? |
[36:17] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[36:19] | You’ve got it great here. | 你在这里过得很好 |
[36:20] | Now,I’ve made some calculations. | 我做了一些计算 |
[36:23] | When the readings reach the levels I’ve indicated,you’ll know whether or not I’ve made it home. | 如果读数到达了所指示的位置 就说明我已经到家了 |
[36:28] | Oh,I guess you just need to click your heels together,huh? | 希望你能成功 |
[36:32] | Good luck,rodney. | 祝好运 Rodney |
[36:35] | You too. | 祝好运 |
[36:38] | Radek… Radek… | |
[36:43] | Jeanie… Jeanie… | |
[36:55] | you’re letting him do this? | 你让他这么做? |
[36:56] | I tried to talk him out of it,but you know rod. | 我劝过他 你了解Rod |
[36:59] | Hermiod,ready when you are. | Hermiod 我准备好了 |
[37:03] | I guess there’s nothing left to say but… | 没有什么要说的 除了… |
[37:05] | “there’s no place like home. | “没有哪里比得上家” |
[37:11] | ” All right,all in the green. | 好的 一切正常 |
[37:12] | Ready for forced power output. | 准备强制输出能量 |
[37:15] | Right. | 好的 |
[37:15] | And… | 接下来… |
[37:20] | want to press the button? | 想要按按钮? |
[37:22] | Yeah. | 是 |
[37:23] | Yeah,sure. | 是的 当然 |
[37:31] | Power is at full. | 能量满了 |
[37:33] | It’s working! | 起作用了! |
[37:36] | Hermiod,this is mckay.Commence transport. | Hermiod 我是Mckay 开始传送 |
[37:39] | Transport is complete. | 传送完成 |
[37:41] | The bridge is already beginning to destabilize. | 桥已经开始消失了 |
[37:43] | It’s not yet enough. | 还不够 |
[37:44] | Zpm is at 50%. | ZPM还剩50% |
[37:45] | Still not enough,rodney! | 还是不够 Rodney! |
[37:47] | We have to max it out. | 必须让它全力输出 |
[37:48] | 30%! 30%! | |
[37:51] | The bridge is collapsing. | 桥已经消失了 |
[37:52] | We’ve done it! | 我们成功了! |
[37:53] | Okay,we can shut it down now. | 好的 我们现在可以关掉了 |
[37:54] | Not yet! What? | ﹣还不行! ﹣什么? |
[37:55] | According to these readings,if we shut it down now,he won’t make it! | 根据这些读数 如果我们现在就关掉 那他就到不了那边! |
[37:58] | Give it a few more seconds. | 再给他几秒钟 |
[38:00] | Zpm is at 5%! | ZPM还剩5%! |
[38:02] | Almost there… | 快了… |
[38:03] | cut power now! | 马上关掉! |
[38:06] | How much power did you drain from the zpm? | 从ZPM中抽取了多少能量? |
[38:10] | zpm module depleted | ZPM模块已枯竭 |
[38:14] | All of it. | 全部 |
[38:16] | I drained all of it. | 我耗尽了所有能量 |
[38:19] | You did the right thing. | 你做得很对 |
[38:22] | Well,I suppose I would’ve done the same thing for…me. | 我想我是在为…我自己做同样的事情 |
[38:30] | I am so fired. | 真是受打击啊 |
[38:34] | Jeanie,this is your brother,rodney. | Jeanie 我是你哥哥 Rodney |
[38:37] | I want to say… | 我想要说… |
[38:41] | family is important, | 家庭非常重要 |
[38:43] | I’ve come to realize that because the people here have become a sort of surrogate family to me. | 我意识到这一点是因为 这里的人对我来说就像是家人一样 |
[38:50] | I know what you’re thinking– | 我知道你在想什么… |
[38:51] | I’ve never really been the poster child for that kind of sentiment, | 我不是很会表达这种情感 |
[38:54] | but when one’s contemplating one’s own demise,one tends to see things more clearly. | 当人面临死亡的时候 就会看透很多事情 |
[39:03] | I really do wish you the best,and I’m sorry we weren’t closer. | 我真的非常想你 非常遗憾我们不能呆在一起 |
[39:08] | Perhaps… | 也许… |
[39:11] | if,by chance,I make it out of this,perhaps one day we can be,and I would like that. | 如果 我有机会闯过这关 也许某一天 我希望能够看到这样 |
[39:18] | Now,if there’s time,I’d like to– | 如果还有时间 我会… |
[39:21] | When did he record this? | 他是什么时候录下这个的? |
[39:23] | Couple years back when we thought the bad guys were going to get us. | 两年前 当时我们认为 坏人就要干掉我们了 |
[39:29] | Now I’ve seen three sides of my brother. | 从来没有看到我哥哥的这一面 |
[39:31] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:33] | What are you two up to? | 你们两个在干什么? |
[39:37] | Nothing.Just,uh… | 没什么 只是… |
[39:38] | telling stories about you. | 讲一些关于你的故事 |
[39:40] | You know,trying to help her fall sleep. | 帮她入睡 |
[39:44] | I’ll leave you guys alone. | 我先走了 |
[39:55] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[39:56] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[39:57] | Hey,you should be packing. | 你应该整理好行李了 |
[39:59] | Daedalus leaves in the morning. | Daedalus早上就走 |
[40:02] | I’m done. | 我已经整理好了 |
[40:04] | How’d it go with weir? | Weir那边怎么样了? |
[40:06] | Well,she wasn’t too happy about the whole killing-the-zpm | 耗尽ZPM能量让她不是很高兴 |
[40:09] | but,you know,in the grand scheme of things,we did prevent the destruction of the universe,so… | 可是从长远看 我们阻止了整个宇宙的毁灭 所以… |
[40:14] | you know,not fired. | 没有炒掉我 |
[40:16] | That’s good. | 那就好 |
[40:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:20] | Oh,right,uh… | 哦 对了… |
[40:22] | uh,I got this for madison. | 我为Madison准备了这个 |
[40:26] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[40:28] | I swiped it from weir’s desk. | 从Weir的桌子上偷的 |
[40:30] | It’s not like there’s a toys “r” us nearby. | 我们这里没有玩具 |
[40:32] | Well,it’s the thought that counts,I guess. | 没事 有这个心意就行了 |
[40:38] | Well,I’d say “see you around,” but… | 我想说”再见” 不过… |
[40:41] | yes… | 是的… |
[40:43] | about that… | 关于那个… |
[40:48] | which is to say,um… | 我只是说 嗯… |
[40:50] | look,what I wanted to… | 我想说的是… |
[40:57] | thank you for trying. | 谢谢你想要说的话 |
[41:11] | How are you? | 你还好吧? |
[41:13] | Are you happy? | 你快乐么? |
[41:15] | Are you okay? | 还好吧? |
[41:15] | Yeah,mer. | 是的 Mer |
[41:17] | I am. | 我很好 |
[41:19] | I really am. | 真的很好 |
[41:26] | Intergalactic gate network should be completed soon,so | 跨星系的星门网应该马上就要完成了 |
[41:30] | maybe it won’t be four years next time? | 也许下次就不用再等四年了 |
[41:32] | Does this mean I’ll see you at christmas? | 这是不是说圣诞节就可以再见到你了? |
[41:34] | If you can convince kaleb not to make tofurkey. | 如果你可以说服Kaleb 不要再做豆腐鸡的话 |
[41:39] | No promises. | 不敢保证 |
[41:59] | Am I just not getting the team e-mails anymore? | 是不是不再给我发团队邮件了? |
[42:02] | Take it easy.We’re just talking about rod. | 别紧张 我们只是在谈Rod |
[42:04] | Oh,yeah.Of course you are. | 是啊 当然是的 |
[42:05] | Do you think he made it back to his universe? | 你认为他回到了那个宇宙? |
[42:07] | Hard to say,really,but I doubt he’ll be back. | 很难说 不过 我怀疑他会回来 |
[42:09] | That’s good. | 那真好 |
[42:10] | We found him a little,uh,creepy. | 我们觉得他有点…令人反感 |
[42:14] | What? | 什么? |
[42:14] | I can’t stand people who are nice all the time. | 我无法容忍一个人任何时候都这么好 |
[42:16] | It makes me feel like they’re trying to hide something. | 这让我觉得他们是在隐藏什么 |
[42:18] | Really? | 真的? |
[42:19] | He kept trying to correct me on my athosian history. | 他还试图帮我纠正Athosian的历史 |
[42:22] | It grew tiresome very quickly. | 很快我就觉得他比较讨厌了 |
[42:25] | Well,he wasn’t that bad. | 他还不是那么坏 |
[42:27] | Yeah,let’s be honest.Rod was annoying. | 好吧 说实话 Rod很招人烦 |
[42:29] | Well,I’ll be honest with you. | 好吧 我也跟你们说实话 |
[42:31] | That’s kind of nice to hear. | 听到这真高兴 |
[42:34] | Now… | 现在… |
[42:37] | what else has been happening? | 还发生了什么? |
[42:38] | Well,teyla’s got the hots for one of the new marines. | Teyla跟某个海军陆战队员搞得火热 |
[42:42] | That is not true. | 不是这样的 |
[42:43] | You know it is. | 你知道是的 |