时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Reliable power generation is one of our greatest concerns. | 我们关心的其中主要的事情 就是有个可靠的能源发生器 |
[00:10] | With this project, we hope, soon, to be able to convert | 根据这个技术,我们希望很快就可以转换出来 |
[00:13] | and utilize the intense heat trapped beneath the surface of our planet. | 利用我们从星体表层以下捕捉到的压缩热源 |
[00:16] | Geothermal energy. | 也就是地热能 |
[00:19] | What, using this?! | 什么,靠这个?! |
[00:21] | Do you have any idea how complex geo-thermal… | 你知道地热能有多复杂么 |
[00:23] | McKay McKay… | |
[00:26] | It’s gonna work like a charm. | 它会产生奇迹效应的 |
[00:28] | Looks like you’re accomplishing great things here, Chancellor. | 看起来,您有重要的事做, 长官 |
[00:31] | Since the last Wraith culling | 自从上次幽灵出现 |
[00:33] | we have worked diligently to rebuild our society. | 我们一直在努力重建我们的家园 |
[00:35] | Are you not concerned that your efforts will attract the attention of the Wraith? | 难道你不担心,你们所做的可能再次招来幽灵们的侵袭? |
[00:39] | Yes… | 我们也担心 |
[00:39] | but we refuse to let that stop us from striving to reach our potential. | 但我们不能因此停下发展的进度 |
[00:43] | To do otherwise would simply mean victory for them. | 否则就意味着他们轻易获胜了 |
[00:46] | However, we currently are working on a viable defence. | 无论如何,我们现在正致力于开发有效的防御系统 |
[00:51] | Defence? | 防御系统? |
[00:53] | Really? | 真的么? |
[00:56] | We’ve been here for two days before you mention that? | 我们在这里待了两天了,怎么从来没听你说过? |
[00:59] | I had to learn that you could be trusted. | 我必须先确定你是否可信 |
[01:02] | You’re talking about some sort of defensive weapon? | 你是说某种防御武器? |
[01:04] | You could call it that. | 你可以这么说 |
[01:06] | Something that we hope will protect us from the next Wraith culling. | 我们希望依靠这个抵抗下一次幽灵们的侵袭 |
[01:09] | So you are expecting it to happen again? | 你希望再来一次? |
[01:11] | Of course. | 当然 |
[01:12] | But if the Wraith return as they have historically, | 如果像历史上那样,幽灵们再次侵袭, |
[01:14] | they won’t be here for at least another fifty years. | 这件事情至少要到50年之后才会发生 |
[01:17] | Fifty years, you say. | 50年,你说的 |
[01:21] | How about that weapon? | 那武器怎么样? |
[01:23] | Yes, yes if you’ll just come this way. | 是的,是的,过来这边 |
[01:26] | You haven’t told them that we practically woke the Wraith from hibernation, have you? | 你还没告诉他们,我们已经把那个幽灵给弄醒了吧? |
[01:29] | Well… I really haven’t had the chance | 嗯还没找到机会 |
[01:32] | We’ve been here two days! | 我们到这两天了! |
[01:33] | One and a half, really. | 实际上是,一天半 |
[01:35] | Major, they’re not expecting the Wraith for another fifty years. | 少校, 他们认为幽灵们50年之内不会再来 |
[01:38] | We have to let them know they could show up at any time now. | 我们必须让他们知道,这些幽灵随时都有可能出现 |
[01:40] | If you’re so eager, why don’t you tell them! | 如果你这么想,你干嘛不告诉他们 |
[01:46] | Reminds you of Area 51, doesn’t it? | 提醒你区域 51, 不是么? |
[01:48] | Circa 1918. | 大约 1918 |
[01:50] | I don’t think Area 51 was around in 1918, sir. | 我认为区域 51 不是在1918左右, 长官 |
[01:52] | – Well, the area was. – True! | – 嗯,是的 – 真的! |
[01:54] | I don’t think there’s a hope in hell these people could have a weapon that… | 我认为这些人们不可能拥有武器 |
[01:57] | Weapons come in all shapes and sizes, Lieutenant. | 各种大小不同,形状不同的武器, 少尉 |
[02:03] | Major Sheppard, I think you’ll find this intriguing. | Sheppard少校, 我想你会发现这个的迷人之处 |
[02:10] | OK, I’m intrigued. | 好,我被骗了 |
[02:14] | What is it? | 这是什么? |
[02:16] | Something that we hope will one day make us completely immune to the Wraith. | 一种我们希望将来可以让我们对于幽灵们完全免疫的东西 |
[03:31] | According to Chancellor Druhin the drug is still | 根据 Druhin 长官的说法,这种药物仍然 |
[03:33] | several years away from being finished. | 需要很长的时间才能研制完成 |
[03:34] | I’d say, given their current level of technology, that, er, | 我早说过了,根据现在的科技水平,那个,嗯, |
[03:37] | could be an under-statement. | 仍然处在理论阶段 |
[03:38] | Just because they believe they’re close to a breakthrough, it doesn’t mean that they are. | 他们只是觉得他们已经很接近那个突破口了,但事实未必如此 |
[03:41] | You saw for yourself their entire civilisation is | 你看到了,他们的整个的文明化的进程 |
[03:44] | based upon the completion of that goal, Doctor McKay. | 是在那个目标完成的基础上的, McKay博士 |
[03:47] | I would not under estimate them. | 我不会低估他们的 |
[03:49] | Do we even know for certain that the Wraith are an immediate threat? | 我们可以确定幽灵是个很直接的威胁么? |
[03:53] | We can probably bet they don’t have fifty years. | 我们可以打赌,他们不需要50年 |
[03:56] | Hence Major Sheppard has generously offered our help to the Hoffans. | 后来Sheppard少校慷慨地向Hoffan人提供了帮助 |
[04:00] | Has he? | 他有么? |
[04:03] | Look, | 看, |
[04:04] | the fact is, if they’re onto something, | 实际上,如果他们已经差不多了, |
[04:07] | maybe we can speed up the process. | 或者我们可以加快速度 |
[04:11] | OK, Major, you have a go. | 好了, 少校, 走吧 |
[04:13] | But if the drug really is just a pipe dream… | 但是,如果这个药只是个白日梦呢 |
[04:15] | Our Doctor Beckett’s already volunteered to help us find that out. | 我们的Beckett博士 已经自愿加入我们,半我们找到这个 |
[04:17] | Oh, he has, huh? | 哦,他要加入,是么? |
[04:20] | He will. | 他会的 |
[04:25] | It’s not that I mind lending people a hand… | 我并不介意帮助他人 |
[04:27] | – No, of course not. – You’re a generous man, Carson. | – 不,当然不 -你是个大方的家伙,Carson |
[04:29] | but it’s the principle of the thing, isn’t it? | 但这是原则问题, 不是么? |
[04:31] | You can’t go volunteering someone for something without consulting them first. | 你不能在还没问过当事人之前,就帮人家做决定 |
[04:35] | That’s not even volunteering, is it? | 这不是自愿,不是么? |
[04:36] | It’s being pressed into service. | 这是强制 |
[04:39] | Not to mention the fact that I’m not… | 我不得不说,我不是 |
[04:41] | not military, I can’t give you orders. | 军人,我不能命令你 |
[04:42] | I know. | 我知道 |
[04:43] | Nonononono, he just doesn’t like going through the Stargate. | 不不不不不, 他只是不喜欢经过星际门 |
[04:45] | He’s worse than Doctor McCoy. | 他比McCoy博士还糟糕 |
[04:47] | Who? | 谁? |
[04:48] | The TV character that Doctor Beckett plays in real life. | 一个电视角色,就像Beckett博士在现实生活中的一样 |
[04:51] | Converting a human body into energy | 把人类的身体转化为能量 |
[04:53] | and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole bloody insanity. | 然后通过一个神经错乱的血窟窿将它传递数百万光年 |
[04:56] | C’mon, how often do you get to travel to an alien planet? | C’mon,你多久去一次外星球? |
[04:59] | I was already on an alien planet! | 我现在就在一个外星球上面! |
[05:07] | Should you be messing with that stuff? | 你干嘛把那些原料都混在一起? |
[05:09] | I know what I’m doing, Major, thank you. | 我知道自己在干嘛, 少校, 谢谢 |
[05:11] | From the looks of things they’ve mastered a few basics biochemistry, physiology, | 从这些东西的表面来看,他们已经掌握了最基本的生物化学,生理学, |
[05:14] | perhaps even some form of molecular biology. | 甚至还有一些分子生物学 |
[05:17] | – Fairly impressive considering… – It is our people’s legacy. | – 相当深刻的考虑 – 这是我们的先人的遗传 |
[05:20] | This room represents hundreds of years of medical knowledge. | 这个房间展示了这数百年积累下来的医学知识 |
[05:23] | I am Perna, chief scientist for the project. | 我是Perna, 这个项目的主管科研人员 |
[05:27] | John Sheppard John Sheppard. | |
[05:29] | Uh, and this is Teyla, and Lieutenant Ford… | Uh, 这是 Teyla, 和Ford少尉 |
[05:32] | Carson Carson. | |
[05:33] | Beckett Beckett. | |
[05:34] | Doctor. | 博士 |
[05:35] | I mean, call me Carson. | 我是说,叫我Carson就好 |
[05:37] | I’m, uh, Doctor McKay, Doctor Rodney McKay. | 我是,嗯, McKay博士, Rodney McKay博士 |
[05:44] | I hope you will find our facilities suitable. | 我希望我们的设备能帮到你 |
[05:47] | Oh, they’re charming! | 哦,他们很棒! |
[05:48] | Perfectly charming! | 非常棒! |
[05:52] | Long ago, this city was once a testament to our imagination, | 很久以前,这座城市只是对于我们想象的一个测试, |
[05:56] | our creative spirit, to endless possibility. | 我们创造性的思维,会带来无止境的可能 |
[05:59] | How long ago was that? | 这是多久以前的事情了? |
[06:01] | It is true that we have been forced | 我们是被强迫的,这是真的 |
[06:02] | to rebuild many times and | 重建很多次,而且 |
[06:03] | never to our potential. | 从来没有耗尽我们的潜能 |
[06:05] | That is why perfecting the drug is so important. | 这就是为什么将这种药物完善如此重要 |
[06:08] | It is more than just a defence against the Wraith it is our future. | 这比将来仅仅依靠防御武器来对付幽灵重要得多 |
[06:12] | With respect, Chancellor, you cannot prevent the culling it is a fact of existence. | 尊敬的说一句, 长官,你是无法阻止优胜劣汰的,这是生存的基本事实 |
[06:16] | A fact we challenge. | 我们正在挑战的一个事实 |
[06:17] | We will always search for a way to end the cycle of destruction. | 我们总是在寻找终止恶性循环的方法 |
[06:21] | The Wraith will always prevent any race from advancing too far. | 幽灵族总是会阻止其他其他发展比较快的种族 |
[06:24] | You figure you can beat ’em? | 你认为你能打败他们? |
[06:26] | Yes, through knowledge. | 是的,通过这些知识 |
[06:47] | A number of archives like this one are hidden throughout the city. | 有很多就像这个一样的成果被隐藏在这个城市的各个角落 |
[06:50] | Their existence is known only to a few. | 只有很少的人知道 |
[06:53] | This is… | 这是 |
[06:55] | very… | 非常的 |
[06:56] | impressive. | 令人印象深刻 |
[06:57] | We meticulously preserve the accomplishments of each generation | 我们特别保存了每一代人留下的成果 |
[07:01] | before they are wiped out by the Wraith. | 在他们被幽灵们毁了之前 |
[07:04] | So everything your people ever learned is in here? | 所以你们所学的东西都是在这儿? |
[07:06] | And in other archives identical to this one. | 还有其他和这个一样的成就 |
[07:09] | In case they destroy one. | 万一他们毁了一个 |
[07:10] | You guys are serious about this. | 你们认真点 |
[07:12] | Standing on the shoulders of our forefathers. | 站在先人的肩膀上 |
[07:15] | How long have you been working on this Wraith drug? | 你对这种药研究了多长时间? |
[07:18] | One hundred and fifty years ago, | 150年前, |
[07:19] | our scientists were close to creating a viable prototype, | 我们的科学家几乎就要成功的研制这种新药, |
[07:23] | only to die before seeing its fruition. | 可是还没看到结果却过世了 |
[07:25] | So you’re hoping that, if this world’s no good to them, | 所以你希望,如果这个世界对他们来说不再美好, |
[07:27] | they’re just gonna move on? | 他们就搬走? |
[07:29] | The Wraith cannot possibly perceive us as a threat. | 幽灵不会把我们当作是种威胁的 |
[07:32] | Y’know, to tell you the truth, I don’t know how they would react. | 你知道么,老实告诉你吧,我不知道他们会有什么反应 |
[07:36] | If they choose to wipe you out of existence, you will be helpless. | 如果他们选择将你们除去,那你会一点办法都没有 |
[07:40] | We cannot hope to control their actions. | 我们不能寄希望于控制他们的行动 |
[07:42] | We can only do what we can | 我们做我们能做的 |
[07:44] | to end the cycle that has gone on for far too long. | 就是结束这个进行了太久的循环 |
[07:50] | His name was Ferrel Mylan. | 他的名字是Ferrel Mylan |
[07:52] | Before he died in the last culling, | 在他在上次优胜劣汰中死去之前, |
[07:54] | he was one of our most celebrated medical researchers. | 他是我们这里最有名的医学研究者之一 |
[07:57] | He was the one who found it. | 他是创建者之一 |
[07:59] | Found what? | 创建什么? |
[08:01] | The key. | 钥匙 |
[08:02] | His journals tell of one man who survived an encounter with the Wraith. | 他的日记,告诉我们一个男人如何在一次和幽灵的相遇中存活下来 |
[08:07] | Ferrel Mylan’s team discovered that this man possessed a unique protein, | Ferrel Mylan的小组发现这个男人拥有一种特殊的蛋白质, |
[08:11] | one that enabled him to resist the chemical released by the Wraith | 一种可以抵抗幽灵释放的化学药物的物质 |
[08:14] | to precipitate draining of life from their victims | 可以帮助他们的受害人将毒物排出 |
[08:16] | After painstaking trial and error… | 在反复试验之后 |
[08:19] | Ferrel made a copy of the protein. | Ferrel 制成了蛋白质的翻版 |
[08:22] | He was eventually able to create a prototype of a drug | 他最后终于可以制成这个药物的原型 |
[08:25] | designed to interfere with the Wraith feeding process. | 可以用来扰乱幽灵的膳食 |
[08:28] | And it worked? | 有用么? |
[08:30] | Ferrel was killed before the drug could be used to defend Hoff. | Ferrel在这种药物可以用来保护Hoff前被杀了 |
[08:34] | And it’s been your job | 现在这成了你的工作 |
[08:36] | to make certain his work wasn’t in vain. | 要证明他的努力不是白费的 |
[08:39] | Quite the responsibility. | 很大的责任 |
[08:41] | It is a great honour. | 是很荣幸的 |
[08:44] | How do you know for certain that this Ferrel wasn’t just embellishing his results, | 你如何确信 Ferrel 没有粉饰他的成果, |
[08:50] | or for that matter making them up? | 或者这只是虚构的? |
[08:51] | I mean, all you have to go on are his notes. | 我的意思是,你所能利用的只有他的笔记 |
[08:53] | He and his team worked until the last possible moment. | 他和他的伙伴一直工作到最后一刻 |
[08:56] | They knew the Wraith ships were overhead | 他们知道 Wraith的舰队就在头顶上 |
[08:58] | and still they worked through the night, | 但仍然在晚上头头的工作, |
[09:00] | hoping to provide one more insight, | 希望能找到更有力的发现, |
[09:03] | one last thread of knowledge not for themselves | 不是为了他们自己 |
[09:06] | but for the generation that would survive. | 而是为了下一代 |
[09:14] | Ten thousand soldiers gave their lives to give them those last few hours. | 为了能为他们创造这一点点宝贵的时间,成千上万的士兵们牺牲了性命 |
[09:19] | The last words of Ferrel’s journal are known to all Hoffans. | Ferrel’s 日记上的最后一句话,所有Hoffans人都知道 |
[09:24] | I meant no disrespect, Perna. | 我不是冒犯, Perna |
[09:28] | It’s alright. | 没关系 |
[09:31] | More than just his journals survived the culling. | 在那时候,不止是他的日记留下了 |
[09:34] | His research materials were safeguarded as well, | 他的研究材料也被保存得很好, |
[09:39] | including carefully preserved Wraith cell samples | 包括细心保存的幽灵细胞的样本 |
[09:44] | which we still use in our work today. | 我们现在仍然可以利用 |
[09:47] | Please. | 请 |
[09:53] | See for yourself. | 你自己看 |
[10:04] | Oh! | 哦! |
[10:07] | That’s incredible! | 简直是难以置信! |
[10:17] | I saw it with my own eyes, Doctor Weir. | 我亲眼看到了, Weir博士 |
[10:19] | Yes, in a Petri dish, | 是的,在这个培养皿里, |
[10:20] | and we are talking about a hundred and fifty year old Wraith cells. | 我们谈论的是150多年前的幽灵的细胞 |
[10:23] | I mean, for all we know, they could be immune to the drug by now, | 我的意思是,他们现在对这些药物已经免疫了, |
[10:25] | or come up with defences against it. | 或者找别的东西对付它 |
[10:27] | Well, I don’t think so, Doctor. | 嗯,我不这么想,博士 |
[10:28] | I took the liberty of running a few tests of my own | 我使用了一点研究人员的特权 |
[10:30] | using cells taken | 使用了一些 |
[10:31] | from the Wraith arm Major Sheppard brought back from Athos. | Sheppard少校从Athos带回的幽灵的胳膊上个的细胞 |
[10:34] | The results were the same… | 结果还是一样 |
[10:35] | near complete resistance. | 几乎可以完全抵抗 |
[10:38] | They’ve definitely got something. | 这其中肯定有点什么 |
[10:40] | Believe me, I’m more surprised than anyone. | 相信我,我比任何人都觉得惊讶 |
[10:41] | So what do you recommend? | 所以你的建议是? |
[10:44] | That we take their work to the next level. | 我们将他们的工作推向另一个水准 |
[10:46] | I’ve informed the Hoffans of our guest in the brig. | 我已经通知了 Hoffans ,我们有客人 |
[10:50] | You realise what you’re asking for? | 你知道你在说什么么? |
[10:53] | I do. | 我知道 |
[11:02] | Anything I should know about, Sergeant? | 有什么新情况,军士? |
[11:04] | No, sir, he’s been quiet. | 没有,长官,他很安静 |
[11:06] | Still trying to make you see things? | 还在试图让你看到什么? |
[11:08] | He’s given up on that. | 他已经放弃了 |
[11:10] | I didn’t think he’d last this long. | 我觉得他坚持不了多久 |
[11:23] | Hello again, Major Sheppard. | 又见面了, Sheppard少校 |
[11:30] | Sorry if I woke you. | 很抱歉,如果我打搅了你 |
[11:33] | Just came by to see if there’s anything you needed. | 只是过来看看你有什么需要 |
[11:36] | Magazine, fresh towels. | 杂志,干净的毛巾 |
[11:39] | You hide your fear poorly, Major. | 你没有很好的掩饰你的恐惧, 少校 |
[11:42] | Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, | 你知道的,我们像这样谈话已经好几个星期了, |
[11:45] | and I don’t even know your name. | 但我还不知道你的名字 |
[11:48] | You guys do have names, right? | 你们也有名字,对吧? |
[11:51] | Let me guess… | 让我猜猜 |
[11:53] | Steve? Steve? | |
[11:54] | I am your death. | 我是你的死神 |
[11:56] | That is all you need to know. | 你只要知道这个就够了 |
[11:59] | I prefer Steve. | 我更喜欢Steve |
[12:06] | What do you hope to gain from this? | 你想要什么? |
[12:09] | Just trying to bridge the gap between our two cultures; get to know you better. | 我只是想更加了解你们一些,打破我们之间的隔阂 |
[12:14] | That and try to figure out how to keep your kind | 试试看如何让你变温和一些 |
[12:16] | from sucking the life out of millions of innocent people. | 从上百万无辜的人那里获得生命 |
[12:19] | Even if I told you what you want to know, | 就算我告诉你那些你想知道的东西, |
[12:22] | it would change nothing. | 也不会改变什么 |
[12:25] | You are doomed as are any humans that stand in our way. | 你的命运和那些阻碍我们的人类一样 |
[12:30] | Can’t be a nice way to die? | 没有更好的死法了么? |
[12:33] | Hungry, | 饥饿, |
[12:34] | slow, | 慢慢的, |
[12:36] | knowing your food source is just… | 你的食物 |
[12:40] | out of reach. | 看得见摸不着 |
[12:43] | Why do you keep me here? | 为什么把我关在这里? |
[12:45] | I need to know what we’re up against. | 我要知道我们将要面临的是什么 |
[12:47] | For example, | 比如说, |
[12:49] | how many of those big hive ships have you got and where are they? | 你们到底有多少这种大的飞船,它们在哪里? |
[12:52] | You have nothing to offer me in return. | 告诉你有什么好处 |
[12:57] | We could talk about easing your hunger… | 或许我们会给你吃的 |
[13:02] | Steve Steve. | |
[13:04] | You would never sacrifice one of your own kind. | 你不会牺牲你的同类的 |
[13:08] | And yet, it is all that stands between | 它们就站在 |
[13:11] | you and the information you seek. | 你和你找寻的那些信息之间 |
[13:26] | Using living Wraith cells is our only recourse at this juncture. | 现在我们唯一的资源就是活的幽灵细胞 |
[13:30] | Without them we have no way of knowing for certain if the drug is actually viable. | 否则我们无法确信这种药物是否有用 |
[13:34] | You said it worked effectively on the cells | 你说过它 |
[13:36] | of the severed Wraith arm we brought back. | 对我们带回来的那只幽灵胳膊上的细胞是很有效的 |
[13:38] | It did. | 的确如此 |
[13:39] | But those were already in a partially decayed state. | 但是它有很多地方已经腐烂了 |
[13:43] | We need live samples. | 我们需要活的样品 |
[13:45] | And with new samples | 如果有新的样品 |
[13:46] | you think it’s possible to create a prototype? | 你就可以研制出药物原型? |
[13:49] | Given enough time, yes I do. | 只要有足够的时间,我就可以 |
[13:51] | He’s got a good point the Hoffans are practically obsessed. | 他已经突破了困扰 Hoffans的地方了 |
[13:53] | Thank you, Rodney. | 谢谢, Rodney |
[13:54] | I agree, Doctor. | 我同意, 博士 |
[13:55] | But their obsession may become their undoing. | 但是那对于他们来说或许没什么 |
[13:58] | Well, even if they do… undo, it’d be good for us. | 嗯,不管怎样,对我们总有好处 |
[14:01] | I mean, given the choice, wouldn’t you want to be immune? | 我的意思是,如果有机会,难道你不想注射这样的疫苗么? |
[14:04] | Not if it meant the lives the Wraith might otherwise spare. | 否则就要成为幽灵的食物 |
[14:07] | This drug would only be of value if everyone, | 除非每一个人,每一个角落都有这样的免疫力, |
[14:12] | everywhere, possessed the same immunity. | 这药才是真正有用的 |
[14:14] | There’s a thought worth pursuing. | 这个想法倒是不错 |
[14:17] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[14:19] | Major, have you made any progress with your prisoner? | 少校,跟你的犯人有什么新的进展了么? |
[14:22] | Well, not yet, but he just blinked. | 没有,他眨了下眼睛 |
[14:25] | He blinked? | 眨眼? |
[14:26] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思? |
[14:28] | It means he’s still holding on | 说明他仍然有把握 |
[14:30] | but he’s indicated to me that he may break soon. | 他好像暗示说他很快就可以出去了 |
[14:32] | And he indicated this to you by… | 他告诉你这个,然后 |
[14:33] | blinking? | 眨眼? |
[14:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:37] | No offence, Major, but so far he hasn’t told you a thing. | 没有攻击, 少校, 但是到目前为止,他什么也没告诉你 |
[14:40] | For all we know he could linger | 他只是在拖延 |
[14:41] | this way for months and ultimately | 拖几个月,然后 |
[14:43] | we’ll learn nothing. | 我们仍然什么都不知道 |
[14:45] | The Wraith could be on their way to Hoff as we speak. | 当我们说话的时候,幽灵们可能已经向着Hoff来了 |
[14:48] | If your prisoner holds the key to the creation of this drug, | 如果你的犯人对于新药的研制有关键作用, |
[14:53] | should we not take advantage of this? | 我们不该利用这个吗 |
[14:55] | How can we get the sample off him safely? | 我们怎样才能安全的从他身上取得样本呢? |
[14:58] | We still possess the weapons used in his capture. | 我们仍然有当时抓住他的武器 |
[15:00] | It would be a simple matter of incapacitating him again. | 让他再次束手就擒是件容易的事情 |
[15:04] | So, then, it’s possible? | 所以,这是可能的? |
[15:05] | It’s possible. | 当然可能 |
[15:16] | Hi, Steve. | 嗨, Steve |
[15:18] | Bye, Steve. | 再见, Steve |
[15:33] | Doctor. | 博士 |
[15:35] | Is he… | 他 |
[15:37] | I mean, you’re certain he’s… | 我是说,你确定他 |
[15:38] | He’s down, Doc. | 他已经昏过去了, 博士 |
[15:40] | Do your thing. | 做你想做的事情吧 |
[15:48] | Almost looks peaceful, doesn’t he? | 看起来很无害,不是么? |
[15:50] | Peaceful?! | 无害?! |
[15:51] | You’re out of your bloody mind! | 你简直是昏头了! |
[16:06] | I have never seen devices such as these! | 我重来没见过这样的设备! |
[16:09] | The work you’ve done refining | 你的工作正在做最后的提炼 |
[16:10] | the drug has been good up til now. | 这种药物应该很快就好了 |
[16:12] | With all this we can make it better. | 有了这个我们能做得更好 |
[16:17] | From what I can tell, | 我觉得, |
[16:18] | your biggest problem is that the test inoculations | 你现在最关键的是接种的测试 |
[16:21] | failed to show enough of a presence | 现在还不能证实 |
[16:22] | in human cells to be effective. | 这对人体是有效的 |
[16:25] | What we need is a better delivery system. | 我们需要的是一个更好的传输系统 |
[16:27] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[16:27] | And the best place to start is to recreate the key protein | 现在最好是先别管那些关键的蛋白质 |
[16:30] | in the serum and work our way up from there. | 来看看血清吧 |
[16:32] | If we can avoid having | 如果我们可以避免 |
[16:33] | to re-engineer it from a natural source, | 它的自我重造, |
[16:35] | and make an entirely synthetic version, | 制成一个完全人工的版本, |
[16:38] | it should ultimately increase the efficiency. | 这样它的有效性将大大提升 |
[16:41] | Such a thing is possible? | 这可能么? |
[16:42] | Anything’s possible if you’re willing to give it a go. | 只要你愿意努力试试,没什么不可能 |
[16:46] | C’mon then, a bald head is soon shaved. | 那还说什么,赶紧开始吧 |
[16:51] | You speak differently than the others. | 你和其他人的口音有点不同 |
[16:54] | Noticed that, did you?! | 发现了么?! |
[16:57] | Sorry if I confuse you. | 很抱歉如果我把你弄迷糊了 |
[16:58] | Trust me, where I come from, it all makes perfect sense. | 相信我,我的家乡, 这起了很大的作用 |
[17:02] | What is it like? | 那里什么样子? |
[17:03] | Scotland? Oh, I think it’s beautiful. | 苏格兰?哦,那里很美 |
[17:06] | But I’m told it’s something of an acquired taste. | 但我听说这是一种嗜好 |
[17:09] | I meant your world. | 我是说你的世界 |
[17:10] | It must be so peaceful there, | 那儿一定很和平, |
[17:12] | knowing that the Wraith will not come. | 因为幽灵不会去 |
[17:14] | Oh, you’d be surprised how not peaceful it is. | 哦,你一定很惊讶,那里一点也不和平 |
[17:19] | We’re spoiled rotten, now that I think of it. | 人们都很堕落 |
[17:23] | You miss it. | 你错过了 |
[17:23] | I’m sorry for enquiring. | 对不起,让你难过了 |
[17:25] | Oh, no, no. Don’t be, love. | 哦,没关系,没关系,亲爱的 |
[19:01] | Perna! Perna! | |
[19:19] | One hundred percent cellular penetration | 所有细胞都渗透了. |
[19:20] | in all five test inoculations. | 在所有的5次接种测试里 |
[19:22] | Incredible! | 简直是难以置信啊! |
[19:23] | There’s still a lot of data to be analysed | 仍然还有很多数据需要分析 |
[19:25] | but the initial results are very promising, I agree. | 不过我相信,这个最初的结果是很棒的 |
[19:28] | Doctor Beckett’s efforts have advanced the project by decades. | Beckett 的努力让这个项目加快发展 |
[19:32] | Perna’s formula was right on track. | Perna的那些公式正在运作着 |
[19:34] | It was just a matter of changing its molecular design | 这是改变了它的分子构成 |
[19:36] | so it could be better absorbed by the body. | 这样的话,更加便于身体的吸收 |
[19:39] | This is an enormous victory for our people, Doctor. | 博士,这对于人民们来说是个巨大的胜利 |
[19:41] | I don’t know how to thank you. | 我不知道该如何感谢你 |
[19:43] | No need. | 不需要 |
[19:44] | Of course, it’s only a preliminary. | 当然,这只是初步阶段 |
[19:47] | How soon until you can set up the next stage of testing? | 你什么时候可以开始下一步测试? |
[19:50] | You’ll have a schedule later today, Chancellor. | 今天晚点时候我会把进程给您,长官 |
[19:53] | I’m sorry next stage? | 抱歉,下一步? |
[19:55] | Your report makes it abundantly clear that | 你的报告已经说得很清楚了 |
[19:57] | the project is ready to proceed to its next phase. | 这个项目正准备进行下一个阶段 |
[20:00] | We want to test the serum’s effectiveness against your prisoner. | 我们想用你的犯人测试一下血清的有效性 |
[20:12] | And you support this? | 你赞成? |
[20:13] | Well, I know for certain he’s gonna die | 嗯,我知道他肯定是要死的 |
[20:15] | so we might as well make good use of him | 所以或许我们应该好好利用他 |
[20:17] | while he’s still alive. | 当他还活着的时候 |
[20:18] | You do understand the Geneva Convention | 你真的了解日内瓦协定 |
[20:20] | prohibits using prisoners for scientific experiments? | 禁止用犯人做科学试验? |
[20:24] | No offence, Doc, but had the Wraith | 没有关系,博士,幽灵又没有 |
[20:26] | attended the Geneva Convention, | 加入日内瓦协定, |
[20:28] | they would have tried to feed on everyone there. | 他们可能会把这的每一个人都给吃了 |
[20:32] | Beckett’s report indicates that we have no idea | Beckett的报告显示,我们还无法确定 |
[20:35] | what the long-term effect of this drug on humans might be. | 这种药对于人的长期效用 |
[20:38] | Well, we know damn well what | 但是,我们很清楚 |
[20:39] | the long-term effects of Wraith culling are, don’t we? | 要是幽灵入侵了,我们会怎样,不是么? |
[20:42] | We’re talking about putting a human being | 我们在说的是把一个活人 |
[20:43] | in the same room as a starving Wraith. | 和一个饿得要死的幽灵放在一个房间里 |
[20:46] | Now once we start down that road… | 一旦我们开始前进 |
[20:48] | Which road did you think we were headed down? | 你觉得我们该怎么走哪条? |
[20:50] | Not this one. | 不是这条 |
[20:52] | At least not this fast. | 至少不是这么快 |
[20:55] | Having spent time with the prisoner, I don’t pity him. | 花时间在犯人身上,我不同情他 |
[21:00] | He’s gonna die anyway. | 无论如何,他都是要死的 |
[21:05] | This drug could be useful some day. | 这种药将来或许会很有用 |
[21:07] | Some day. | 将来 |
[21:09] | The point is, we don’t get a lot of opportunities like this. | 关键是,这样的机会不多 |
[21:13] | Do you know how obsessed with this the Hoffans are | 你知道 |
[21:15] | when they found out we had a live Wraith prisoner? | 当HOFFENS知道我们抓了一个幽灵时有多迷惑? |
[21:19] | He’s going to die. | 他反正时要死的 |
[21:22] | I’ve tried to feed him all sorts of life stuff | 我们试着给他吃各种各样活的东西 |
[21:23] | but apparently there’s only one item on his menu. | 但是看起来他只吃一样 |
[21:27] | What about the test subject? | 测试人是谁? |
[21:28] | If the drug fails… | 如果失败了 |
[21:30] | We’re not just grabbing anybody off the street. | 我们不是从大街上随便抓一个人来 |
[21:32] | The test subject is a terminally ill | 这个人得了绝症,晚期了 |
[21:35] | patient who has volunteered himself. | 他自愿的 |
[21:38] | These are not exactly the type of decisions | 这不是一个决定 |
[21:41] | I was expecting to make on this expedition. | 我想试试 |
[21:56] | Do it. | 做吧 |
[22:10] | Hi, Steve. | 嗨, Steve |
[22:12] | More samples? | 还要样本? |
[22:14] | I was thinking more along the lines of a field trip. | 我想沿着一片田地 |
[22:17] | You want sustenance? | 你想要食物么? |
[22:19] | I want information. | 我要信息 |
[22:23] | You are incapable of offering such a trade. | 你无法提供这样的交易 |
[22:28] | You tell me something of value, I let you eat. | 如果你告诉我一些有价值的东西,我给你吃的 |
[22:32] | That’s the deal. | 这就是你的晚餐 |
[22:34] | Take it or leave it. | 要或不要 |
[22:40] | Very well. | 很好 |
[22:51] | Are they ready? | 他们准备好了么? |
[22:53] | Major Sheppard and Lieutenant Ford are loading the prisoner into Jumper Two. | Sheppard少校和Ford少尉 正将犯人送去探险者2号 |
[22:57] | Sergeant bates is already on the ground | bates军士也准备好了 |
[22:59] | and standing by for their arrival at the rendezvous site. | 在集合地点等待他们的降落 |
[23:21] | Jumper Two, this is Weir. | 探险者2号, 我是Weir |
[23:22] | What’s your status? | 你现在怎样? |
[23:23] | Nice and cosy in here. | 很好 |
[23:24] | We’re ready to depart. | 准备出发 |
[23:26] | Be safe, Major. | 注意安全 少校 |
[23:28] | That’s the plan. | 这就是计划 |
[23:29] | Jumper Two, you are go for launch. | 探险者2号,准备发射 |
[23:31] | Roger Roger that. | |
[23:34] | Dial it up. | 拉起来 |
[23:41] | Hey, man, this isn’t supposed to be fun. | 嗨,伙计,这并不有趣 |
[24:04] | Perna explained to me about your illness. | Perna 跟我说了你的病情 |
[24:08] | I want you to know how sorry I am. | 我希望你知道我很抱歉 |
[24:11] | I wish there was something I could do for you. | 我希望可以帮你做点什么 |
[24:14] | It’s my time, Doctor Beckett. | 时间到了, Beckett博士 |
[24:16] | I’m at peace with my fate. | 现在看我的运气吧 |
[24:19] | I think it’s important you know | 我希望你知道,这很重要, |
[24:21] | that we may be talking about a less than peaceful ending here. | 或许结果没有想得那么好 |
[24:25] | I have explained to Merell in great detail what may befall him. | 我已经跟 Merell 详细的解释过会发生什么事情 |
[24:31] | You should also understand that this drug has never worked | 你必须明白这种药物重来没有使用过 |
[24:34] | in anything other than a laboratory simulation. | 除了在实验室不断的模拟试验 |
[24:37] | We don’t know for certain what will happen. | 我们无法确定会发生什么事情 |
[24:40] | Even if it doesn’t work, | 就算没有用, |
[24:43] | you’ll learn something of value | 你也可以知道一些有价值的信息 |
[24:46] | how to perfect it in the future? | 将来如何完善它? |
[24:49] | Possibly, but that’s no reason for you to face that creature. | 或许,但你没有理由去面对那些生物 |
[24:55] | Doctor Beckett, I’m not afraid. | Beckett博士, 我不害怕 |
[24:59] | No matter what happens, my death will have meaning. | 不管发生什么事情,我的死都会很有意义 |
[25:04] | Is that not something we all strive for, | 这不就是我们努力争取的么, |
[25:05] | to die knowing we made a difference? | 死得有意义? |
[25:09] | I want to do this. | 我想这么做 |
[25:12] | Please don’t deny me the chance to help my people. | 请不要让我失去这个为人民服务的机会 |
[25:25] | What do you think? | 你怎么看? |
[25:26] | That it goes against everything I believe in. | 我实在无法相信 |
[25:28] | There’s an oath among medical people where I come from. | 在我的家乡,学医的人之中流传一种诅咒 |
[25:32] | It begins, First, do no harm. | 刚开始,并没有什么害处 |
[25:34] | – Important words to you. – More than words, Perna. | – 对你很重要的话 – 不止这些Perna |
[25:39] | The battle rages at the very threshold of our laboratory now. | 试验就要开始了 |
[25:42] | Those of us working to the last know | 我们努力工作到最好,知道 |
[25:44] | that these few final hours have been dearly purchased, | 这最后的一点时间是很宝贵的, |
[25:47] | yet our concentration has not waned. | 我们的注意力还没有消减 |
[25:50] | We cannot hope to save ourselves | 我们无法期望自救 |
[25:52] | but we can hope that one last insight, | 但是我们可以希望最后一点有力的发现, |
[25:55] | one last revelation before we take our dying breaths, | 在我们还剩最后一口气之前, |
[25:59] | may prevent this terrible day from happening again. | 可能可以阻止这样恐怖的事情再次发生 |
[26:03] | Ferrel’s last journal entry. | Ferrel的最后一次日记 |
[26:06] | More than words, Carson. | 什么都别说, Carson |
[26:08] | I understand that. | 我明白 |
[26:09] | I do. | 我了解 |
[26:10] | But there are too many unknowns. | 但是还有很多人不知道 |
[26:11] | We need time to determine the possible side-effects… | 我们需要时间来确定它的副作用 |
[26:13] | There is no time! | 没有时间了! |
[26:15] | Are you so afraid of making a mistake | 你这么害怕犯错么 |
[26:17] | that you can no longer see what we’re up against? | 那你永远也无法知道我们要面临的是什么? |
[26:20] | This isn’t about making mistakes Perna, | 不是害怕犯错 Perna, |
[26:22] | it’s about the end justifying the means, | 这是方法问题, |
[26:25] | and in our profession that’s a very slippery slope. | 对于我们的专业而言,这是个灾难 |
[26:30] | We have no idea if this’ll work. | 我们并不确定这一定有效 |
[26:32] | We could be sacrificing that man to a monster. | 我们可能是将这个人送给了一个怪物 |
[26:36] | There will be another to take his place. | 还会有其他人接替他的位置 |
[26:40] | That’s just what I’m afraid of. | 这就是我害怕的 |
[26:49] | They are ready. | 他们好了 |
[26:55] | Careful, sir. | 当心 |
[27:08] | This is the sustenance you promised? | 这就是你承诺的食物? |
[27:11] | Little change in plans. | 计划有点变动 |
[27:14] | You tell me something right now, or the damned party’s cancelled. | 你现在就告诉我,否则就什么都没有了 |
[27:19] | What do you want to know? | 你想知道什么? |
[27:21] | How many hive ships have become operational | 还有多少舰队 |
[27:23] | since we awakened the first one? | 自从我们唤醒了第一个? |
[27:25] | All of them, Major Sheppard. | 所有, Sheppard少校 |
[27:28] | First, they will travel to their own feeding grounds and gather strength. | 首先,他们会去饲养基地,增强力量 |
[27:33] | We are a patient race, Major. | 我们是很有忍耐力的民族, 少校 |
[27:36] | When we have taken our fill and gathered our strength, | 当我们的力量完全聚集之后, |
[27:40] | we will join force and come for you. | 就会向你们发起攻击 |
[27:44] | D’you have any idea when that’ll be? | 什么时候? |
[27:46] | Morning? | 早上? |
[27:47] | Afternoon? | 下午? |
[27:52] | Open it up. | 打开 |
[28:05] | You don’t have to do this. | 你不需要这么做 |
[28:09] | I know. | 我知道 |
[28:12] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[28:41] | He is weak. | 他很虚弱 |
[29:30] | You are both heroes of the Hoffan people. | 你们都是Hoffan人民的英雄 |
[29:33] | I’ll admit, it was amazing. | 我承认,这很疯狂 |
[29:36] | I hope your friends will join us for | 我希望你的朋友也能加入我们 |
[29:37] | a celebratory banquet to honour your work. | 的一个为你办的庆功宴 |
[29:39] | We’ll be glad to attend, but don’t you | 我们很愿意参加,但是你 |
[29:41] | think celebrations are a bit premature? | 觉不觉得庆功宴有点太早了? |
[29:43] | The results speak for themselves. | 这个结果 |
[29:45] | I intend to ask the Council to approve | 我打算让议会通过 |
[29:47] | mass production of the serum, effective immediately. | 大批量生产这种血清,立即生效 |
[29:50] | After what happened today, I doubt they will offer any resistance. | 今天之后, 我想不会有任何异议 |
[29:53] | That is wonderful news, Chancellor. | 这真是个好消息,长官 |
[29:55] | With all due respect, no it isn’t. | 值得尊重,不 |
[29:57] | We’re talking about one test here. | 我们现在在说的是一个测试 |
[29:59] | Now I’m as pleased as anyone with the results | 对于这个结果我和大家一样高兴 |
[30:02] | but we still have a lot of work to do | 但是我们还要很多事情要做 |
[30:03] | before we can start using it. | 在我们开始将它投入生产之前 |
[30:05] | Doctor Beckett wishes to run a full series of tests | Beckett 博士希望可以进行一系列测试 |
[30:09] | on Merell prior to issuing his final report. | 对这个结果进行反覆论证 |
[30:12] | There may have been mitigating circumstances | 可能会有些副作用 |
[30:13] | the man was dying, for one. | 比如说,这个人可能会死 |
[30:17] | Of course. | 当然 |
[30:18] | I’ll bring it up with Council. | 我会跟议会说明的 |
[30:20] | To success. | 为了成功 |
[30:25] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[30:26] | It’s Steve he doesn’t look so good. | Steve看起来好像很难受 |
[30:31] | How long has he been like this? | 他这个样子多久了? |
[30:33] | Since the test. | 测试之后 |
[30:35] | Think it’s a ruse? | 是不是什么诡计? |
[30:36] | It is not their way. | 他们不会来这套 |
[30:44] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[30:46] | What have you done to me? | 你对我做了什么? |
[31:05] | We need Beckett in here. | 叫Beckett过来 |
[31:07] | Go. | 快去 |
[31:15] | We’re gonna help you. | 我们会帮你的 |
[31:19] | Don’t feel pity for me. | 不需要你的可怜 |
[31:23] | You will suffer far worse when the others come for you. | 其他幽灵来的时候,你们会比我现在更惨 |
[31:50] | Major. | 少校 |
[31:51] | I was just about to cut him open. | 我正准备把他解剖 |
[31:54] | Then, I was just leaving. | 那我先走 |
[31:56] | I’ve already done a series of tests you might like to know the results of. | 我已经做了一系列的测试,你可能对结果会有兴趣 |
[32:00] | You know what killed him? | 你知道是什么使他死去的么? |
[32:01] | I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say | 我检查了他身体的一部分,发现, |
[32:03] | that it was all of his vital organs shutting down almost simultaneously. | 他体内的重要器官几乎同时停止工作 |
[32:07] | Did he starve to death? | 他是饿死的么? |
[32:09] | No. | 不 |
[32:09] | Based on the condition his body’s in, | 取决于他的体制, |
[32:11] | I don’t think he died from a lack of nourishment. | 我觉得他不是饿死的 |
[32:13] | Well, then, what was it? | 那么是什么? |
[32:14] | Initial tests revealed a significant amount | 初步测试显示 |
[32:16] | of Hoffan serum in his bloodstream. | 在他体内有相当数量的HOFFEN的血清 |
[32:18] | I’m guessing we’ll find similar trace amounts | 我想在他身体的 |
[32:21] | in each of his organs once we analyse those as well. | 的其他部分也一样,如果我们一一测试的话 |
[32:23] | Why did the Hoffan drug end up in his blood? | 为什么这种药物会是他的血液凝固? |
[32:26] | From the Hoffans’ research, | 根据Hoffans的研究, |
[32:28] | we know that when the Wraith feed, | 我们知道当幽灵吃东西时, |
[32:30] | they release a chemical into their victims’ bodies. | 他们会向食物体内注射一种化学物质 |
[32:32] | What it actually does, we don’t yet understand, | 但是我们还不清楚这种物质到底起什么作用, |
[32:35] | but I can only assume that it prepares the human body | 我猜测,在某种程度上, |
[32:38] | in some way to be drained of life. | 可以使人体慢慢干枯 |
[32:41] | The serum is designed | 这种血清本来是 |
[32:42] | to shield the victim from that initial chemical release, blocking it. | 用来抵御这种物质的,当它一进入人体时,使之冻结 |
[32:46] | OK. | 好的 |
[32:48] | I think the serum protein may have mutated | 我猜测这种血清蛋白产生了变异 |
[32:50] | when it was exposed to the Wraith chemical, | 当它和幽灵释放的化学物质相遇时, |
[32:51] | triggering some sort of toxic reaction. | 触发了某些中毒的反应 |
[32:54] | So instead of feeding off of him… | 所以不但没有吃掉他 |
[32:55] | … he was poisoned. | 自己反而死了 |
[32:58] | So if the serum did this, | 如果血清真是这样, |
[33:00] | then it’s more than just a defence against the Wraith. | 那么这不仅仅是种地狱幽灵的药物 |
[33:04] | It kills ’em. | 甚至可以杀死他们 |
[33:07] | I fail to see cause for alarm, Major. | 我不知道为什么拉警报, 少校 |
[33:09] | If anything, this development dramatically increases the value of the serum. | 这个发现大大增强了血清的价值 |
[33:13] | No it just takes away any doubt | 现在没有任何疑问 了 |
[33:15] | about what the Wraith’ll do when they eventually come here. | 当幽灵们最终到这里的时候要干什么 |
[33:18] | I fail to see the difference. | 我不觉得有什么不同 |
[33:20] | Once they learn you possess a weapon such as this, | 一旦他们知道我们拥有这样一种武器, |
[33:22] | the Wraith will wipe your people from existence in retaliation for the Wraith deaths. | 幽灵们会为了死去的幽灵报仇而将我们灭族 |
[33:27] | Or they may simply leave us alone once they learn we are… | 或者他们会把我们留下,当他们发现我们 |
[33:31] | unpalatable. | 一点都不好吃 |
[33:32] | Cos they’re such an easy-going live-and-let-live kind of race. | 因为他们是种随和的,愿意和别人和平共处的族类 |
[33:36] | Y’know, maybe there was half a chance | 你知道的,或许有一半的机会 |
[33:37] | of that when you were talking | 当你谈论 |
[33:38] | about this being defensive, but now… | 这个的时候,但是现在 |
[33:40] | You fail to see the larger picture, Major. | 你无法看到更多了, 少校 |
[33:42] | For the first time we have a way to not | 一开始,我们本可以不尽是防卫 |
[33:44] | just defend ourselves but to strike back. | 还要反攻 |
[33:46] | Is this about revenge, or saving your people? | 这到底是报复呢,还是保卫你的人民? |
[33:51] | You can’t hope to understand the generations of suffering… | 你无法理解这样的痛苦 |
[33:54] | I’ve been in one of their hives and I’ve fought against their ships and, | 我在他们那里待过,跟他们战斗过, |
[33:57] | trust me, when the first Wraith dies because of this drug, | 相信我,一旦有一个幽灵因为这种药物而死了, |
[34:01] | they’re not gonna simply move on. | 他们不会轻易就离开的 |
[34:03] | They’re gonna make their problem go away. | 他们会把这个问题解决 |
[34:05] | Once your world has been destroyed, | 一旦你的世界被毁了, |
[34:06] | they will seek out any who have had contact with you. | 他们会找出任何一个和你有关联的人 |
[34:09] | They will spare no-one. | 他们不会放过任何一个 |
[34:11] | Listen, I know how passionate you are about this | 听着,我知道你对这个抱着很大的热情 |
[34:12] | this drug is sort of your Holy Grail, but… | 这药或许从某种意义上来说像圣杯一样, 但是 |
[34:15] | You’re gonna have to shelve it till we get a better idea… | 在我们想出更好的办法之前,这个最后暂时停停 |
[34:18] | No, no. | 不,不 |
[34:19] | I’m serious otherwise we can’t help you any more. | 我是认真的,否则我们无法再帮助你们了 |
[34:24] | You don’t understand, Major, it’s too late. | 你不明白, 少校, 太晚了 |
[34:28] | I have made my recommendation to the Council and they’ve agreed. | 我已经向以后提案并通过了 |
[34:32] | We have already begun inoculating our people. | 我们已经在给我们的人民接种 |
[34:54] | You are leaving? | 你要走么? |
[34:56] | Unless you’re willing to go back to formal work | 除非你愿意回复正常的工作 |
[34:58] | on the serum there’s no point my staying, is there? | 对于血清,我没有任何的立足点,不是么? |
[35:00] | – Carson – Perna, you need to re-open the project. | – Carson – Perna, 你必须再次开始这个项目 |
[35:02] | With more work, | 要做更多的工作, |
[35:03] | maybe you could prevent the mutation | 或许你可以阻止这样的突变 |
[35:05] | maintain it as a defensive drug only. | 使它仅仅成为一种抵抗性药物 |
[35:07] | Merell is dead. | Merell 死了 |
[35:10] | They found him this morning. | 他们今天早上发现的 |
[35:11] | The cause of death is still to be determined. | 死因至今不明 |
[35:13] | There’s still time they need to stop the inoculations. | 现在还有时间让他们停止接种这种药物 |
[35:15] | – They won’t. – A man is dead. | – 他们不会的 – 有人已经死了 |
[35:17] | Which doesn’t necessarily mean more will follow. | 但这并不意味着其他人也会一样 |
[35:21] | Even if I wanted to, I couldn’t make them stop, not without more proof. | 如果没有更多的证据,就算我想,也无法阻止他们 |
[35:28] | Perna you’re one of the brightest people I’ve ever met. | Perna ,你是我见过的最聪明的人 |
[35:33] | For your own sake, I beg you, | 为了你自己,我求你, |
[35:37] | have no more part in this, | 不要在参与进来了, |
[35:39] | at least until we know more. | 除非我们有了更多的新发现 |
[35:44] | I can’t do that. | 我不能这么做 |
[35:45] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[35:46] | Because I was among the first to be inoculated. | 因为我也是第一批接种的人之一 |
[35:56] | I appreciate your sense of urgency, Doctor, | 我佩服你的危机意识,博士, |
[35:58] | but at this point it would be unwise to rush to any conclusions. | 但是现在就匆匆下结论是很不明智的 |
[36:01] | Now you wanna exercise caution? | 现在你要练习谨慎么? |
[36:03] | Are you serious?! | 你是认真的?! |
[36:04] | Major, you yourself have told us the Wraith could be on their way here right now. | 少校,你自己也说幽灵们可能就要来了 |
[36:09] | We have no choice but to move forward. | 除了前进我们别无选择 |
[36:10] | You’re speaking on behalf of a lot of people, Chancellor. | 长官,你是代表大多数人说话的 |
[36:13] | You think I would force this choice upon my own people? | 你觉得我会强迫我的人民接受这个? |
[36:17] | No, sir, our people are in complete agreement. | 不,先生,我的人民们完全同意 |
[36:19] | Your people may be dead before the Wraith even get here for all you know. | 在幽灵们还没来之前,他们可能就会死 |
[36:24] | Chancellor, please, it’s not too late. | 长官,求您,现在还不晚 |
[36:26] | Suspend the inoculations at least until we know what killed Merell. | 至少推迟接种,在我们知道Merell的死因之前 |
[36:29] | He was terminal. | 他本来就是末期了 |
[36:30] | We don’t know for certain the serum played any part in his death. | 我们还不确定这种血清是促成他死亡的因素之一 |
[36:33] | He suffered a sudden and complete respiratory breakdown. | 他突然停止呼吸 |
[36:36] | Which could well have been due to his condition. | 可能是他本身的病所致 |
[36:38] | His sickness had spread through most of his body. | 他的病已经扩散到全身了 |
[36:40] | Are you willing to risk thousands of people’s lives | 难道你想用成千上万人民的生命来冒险 |
[36:43] | based on that assumption, because I’m not! | 在这个假设的基础上,因为我不是! |
[36:47] | Major Sheppard? | Sheppard少校? |
[36:47] | Go ahead, Teyla. | 说, Teyla |
[36:49] | We’re in the medical centre. | 我们在医疗中心 |
[36:50] | We need help. | 现在需要帮助 |
[37:05] | My God! | 上帝! |
[37:10] | Major Sheppard. | Sheppard少校 |
[37:11] | The doctors say they began arriving last night, | 医生说从作文开始就有这样的病人陆续到来, |
[37:13] | and their numbers have been increasing by the hour. | 他们的数量每小时都在不断增长 |
[37:15] | Major. | 少校 |
[37:16] | I’m on it go. | 我在听,继续 |
[37:17] | Lieutenant, radio Weir, tell ’em we need | 少尉, 呼叫Weir, 告诉他我们要… |
[37:19] | a full medical support team on a Jumper and inbound ASAP. | 一只设备齐全的医疗队 |
[37:39] | I need help here! | 我需要帮助! |
[37:40] | Oxygen! | 氧气! |
[37:43] | Take it easy. | 放轻松 |
[37:59] | Leave us. | 别管我们 |
[38:03] | D’you have any idea what’s going on out there? | 你对那里发生的事情有什么看法? |
[38:05] | I do, Major. | 我知道, 少校 |
[38:06] | Half the people you gave that drug to are dying. | 有一半的接种了那种药物的人死了 |
[38:09] | Half of them, Major, half. | 一半, 少校, 一半 |
[38:12] | The statistics are clear | 这个几率很明显 |
[38:13] | and the numbers are holding at that level, it’s just been confirmed, | 已经确定了,就是这个概率, |
[38:16] | which means the other fifty percen of those we inoculated will live, | 这就意味着剩下的一半人将活着, |
[38:19] | and destroy any Wraith who try to feed on them. | 会杀了任何想把他们当食物的幽灵 |
[38:22] | I don’t believe this! | 简直无法相信! |
[38:24] | Now the Wraith will know the full conviction of the Hoffan people. | 现在幽灵们会知道Hoffan人民的全罪 |
[38:27] | Conviction?! | 罪行?! |
[38:29] | Do you realise that if we could spread | 你到底明不明白,如果 |
[38:31] | this drug to every human in the galaxy, | 如果我们向银河的每一个人发放这种药物, |
[38:33] | future generations would never | 以后的人永远都不会知道 |
[38:34] | know the horror of a culling. | 知道这种优胜劣汰的恐怖 |
[38:37] | You’re deliberately sacrificing millions of lives. | 你故意牺牲上百万的生命 |
[38:41] | An end to the Wraith! | 这是幽灵们的终结! |
[38:44] | You can’t comprehend the bargain in that? | 你为什么非要这么理解? |
[38:46] | You can’t make a bargain lik that for your entire people! | 我们不能这么做! |
[38:50] | Do you think I’m alone in this conviction? | 你觉得是我一意孤行么? |
[38:52] | I think you’re delusional! | 我想这是你的错觉! |
[38:53] | You shall see. | 你会看到的 |
[38:54] | We are putting it to a vote as we speak. | 我们是投票表决的 |
[38:57] | I will stand by the decision of the majority. | 我代表大多数人的意见 |
[39:01] | Does that satisfy you? | 这样你满意了么? |
[39:03] | Do they have any idea what they’re voting on? | 他们明白自己在表决什么么? |
[39:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[39:09] | I promise you. | 我保证 |
[39:11] | And you’ll back off if it doesn’t go your way? | 如果大部分人都不赞同,那么你会停止? |
[39:13] | You have my word. | 是的 |
[39:23] | Use whatever rooms you need for overflow. | 这些房间你随便用吧 |
[39:24] | We need to keep this area clear for triage. | 我们要保持这片地方的干净 |
[39:32] | Teyla, there you are. | Teyla, 你在这 |
[39:34] | Make sure that our oxygen is properly deployed throughout the hospital. | 请确认氧气瓶在医院的各处都分配好了 |
[39:37] | Doctor. | 博士 |
[39:38] | Have non-critical patients use it in turns | 让那些不是很严重的病人先轮流用 |
[39:40] | just long enough to stabilise their breathing. | 保持呼吸平稳 |
[39:43] | Teyla, what are you doing here? | Teyla, 你在这儿干嘛? |
[39:44] | You’re not listening to me. | 你没听到我说什么么 |
[39:45] | Now where’s Perna? I need her here. | Perna呢? 我需要她的帮忙 |
[39:47] | Carson Carson. | |
[40:10] | I would… like to have seen Atlantis. | 我想再看看Atlantis |
[40:16] | Perna Perna. | |
[40:17] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[40:21] | Don’t be. | 别这样 |
[40:25] | I am at peace with what I have done, | 对于我所做的我很平静, |
[40:28] | as you should be. | 你也应该这样 |
[40:32] | I wish I’d had no part in this. | 我希望我从来没参与过这件事情 |
[40:35] | You gave us hope. | 你带给我们希望 |
[40:39] | For… years, our people have been working… | 很多年了,我们一直在努力研究 |
[40:43] | towards this… | 向着这个目标 |
[40:45] | very moment. | 每分每秒 |
[40:51] | We didn’t betray the forefathers. | 我们没有背叛我们的祖先 |
[40:55] | We have fulfilled their destiny, their promise. | 我们完成了他们的使命 |
[41:01] | Aye. | 是 |
[41:09] | Stay. | 停下 |
[41:11] | Stay. | 停下 |
[41:35] | – You OK? – Aye. | – 你还好吧? – 是 |
[41:42] | I am told you are leaving. | 听说你要走了 |
[41:44] | Yes, we are. | 是的 |
[41:45] | Not that it hasn’t been… lovely. | 不是那个 |
[41:48] | I wanted you to see the results of the vote before you left. | 我希望你离开前看看投票的结果 |
[41:59] | Ninety-six percent in favour. | 96%的人赞成 |
[42:01] | Does the vote include all your people? | 是全民投票么? |
[42:03] | Every one. | 每个人 |
[42:05] | So you see, Major, we speak with one voice, and we are resolute. | 你看到了, 少校,我们都很一致,大家都很坚决 |
[42:09] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[42:10] | I can see that. | 我明白了 |
[42:12] | When next we meet, I would like to discuss the best way | 下次我们见面的时候,我希望可以讨论比较好的办法 |
[42:14] | to disseminate the drug on as many worlds as possible. | 尽可能的把药分到世界的各个角落 |
[42:17] | We won’t be doing that any time soon. | 我们不会很快久这么做的 |
[42:20] | Perhaps our victory will change your mind. | 或许我们的胜利会让你改变主意 |
[42:22] | If and when we ever return, I don’t imagine you’ll be here. | 但我们回来的时候,我不认为你还会在 |
[42:27] | I don’t imagine anybody else will be, either. | 我也不认为还会有任何人的存在 |
[42:40] | Good luck. | 好运 |
[42:48] | “Victory at all costs”. | “不计任何代价的胜利” |
[42:50] | That sound familiar, Major? | 听起来很耳熟, 少校? |
[42:52] | Churchill Churchill. | |
[42:53] | Aye. | 是 |
[42:54] | Never thought I’d disagree. | 我决不会同意的 |