时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | George Sr. Had come to a political fund raiser | 老George来到了一个政治资金筹款会 |
[00:15] | to get support for a wall project… | 以取得建造墙计划的支持 |
[00:18] | To separate the U.S. And Mexico. | 用这堵墙分隔美国和墨西哥 |
[00:20] | …that some considered insensitive… | 但有人觉得这工程太不近人情了 |
[00:22] | – Which was my idea! – Was your idea. | – 那是我的主意 – 是你的主意 |
[00:23] | – …even though he himself… – Oh. Tender. | -但就连他自己 – 噢 轻点 |
[00:26] | was feeling more sensitive by the day. | 逐渐变得敏感 |
[00:28] | Curious feeling. | 好奇怪的感觉 |
[00:30] | But he tried to muster the old self-confidence | 但他试着找回以往的自信 |
[00:32] | for his face time with Herbert Love. | 跟Herbert Love见面 |
[00:34] | And I-I just think there will be a lot of support | 我认为你会得到更多选票 |
[00:36] | flowing in this relationship, and your base… | 只要你我合作的话 还有… |
[00:39] | You got a point behind all those teeth of yours? | 你扯这么多到底有重点是什么? |
[00:41] | If you support the wall, | 只要你支持建墙计划 |
[00:43] | I’ll give you a piece of the action. | 我会给你的行动分红利 |
[00:44] | – Action? Action Jackson? – Yeah. | – 行动?<魔鬼暴警>那种行动?- 对 |
[00:46] | – Yes, sir. – What do I look like, Carl Weathers to you? | – 对的 先生 – 你觉得我像Carl Weathers |
[00:48] | – Oh, no, no. – Not at all. | – 噢 不 不 – 一点也不像 |
[00:50] | – No. – This, of course, is Herbert Love. | – 不 – 这个人 当然就是Herbert Love |
[00:53] | My name is Herbert Love, and I want you | 我是Herbert Love 我想让你们 |
[00:53] | to say “High-low” To my low-high plan. | 见识一下我的”低-高计划” |
[00:55] | A candidate whose campaign slogan | 他是一个选举候选人 他的竞选口号 |
[00:58] | was embraced by everyone from the very wealthy… | 受到所有的有钱人 |
[01:01] | And who doesn’t want a high income? | 谁不想要高收入呢 |
[01:02] | …to their bankers and tax attorneys. | 还有他们的银行家和税务律师的欢迎 |
[01:04] | High-low, high-low, it’s off to work I go–for you. | 高低 高低 就是我为了你而工作 |
[01:07] | My name is Herbert Love, | 我叫Herbert Love |
[01:08] | and I most definitely approve this message. | 我非常赞同这条信息 |
[01:11] | Do I look like someone who eats at CW Swappigans? | 你觉得我像在低档餐厅吃东西的人吗 |
[01:14] | See, I stand for three things: | 听着 我有三个目标 |
[01:15] | one, getting Barack Hussein Obama | 第一 让巴拉克 侯赛因 奥巴马… |
[01:18] | Wama Comma Mama OmmaLlama out of office… | 哇马 咔马 嘛马 奥马喇嘛 滚出白宫 |
[01:21] | It’s a crazy-town name. | 确实是个扯淡的名字 |
[01:23] | Two, low taxes for high income earners. | 第二 让高收入者交更少的税 |
[01:26] | That’s my low-high plan. | 那就是我的”低-高计划” |
[01:27] | – I know it. – And three, | – 我知道 – 第三 |
[01:29] | getting a little something in my slushie fund | 收一些钱放在我的基金会里 |
[01:31] | so that I’m nice and loose | 这样我就可以光明正大地 |
[01:32] | and can help make numbers one and two happen. | 实现第一个和第二个目标了 |
[01:34] | I don’t want to be the one to say it, but I happen to be fond | 我不想说出来的 但我恰巧喜欢 |
[01:37] | of redheads and greenbacks. | 红头女和美钞 |
[01:39] | – George Sr. Had neither. – Oh, I-I… | – 老George两样都没有 – 噢 我 |
[01:40] | How would you like both? | 两样都给你怎么样 |
[01:42] | Get it for me tonight,and I’ll make your wall thing | 今晚给我 我就让你的建墙计划 |
[01:43] | the third point of my three-point plan. | 成为我三项计划里的第三点 |
[01:45] | All I got right now is | 我现在能想到的只有 |
[01:50] | I get to put my hand in your pocket to put it in.” | “我得先伸手进你口袋拿钱呀” |
[01:53] | But when unveiled it in Garden Grove, | 但我在加登格罗夫说这句话时 |
[01:54] | I had to duck a woman’s pump and a mini pizza. | 我得避开迎面飞来的高跟鞋和迷你披萨 |
[01:58] | Oops Oops. | |
[01:58] | Coming up with money, however, | 然而对于老George来说 |
[02:00] | would be difficult for George Sr., | 要拿出钱来却有点困难 |
[02:02] | who hadn’t been acting like his old self– | 他很久没有展现以前的自己了 |
[02:04] | something his twin brother Oscar had done much more successfully | 而他弟弟Oscar却在很成功地冒充他 |
[02:08] | – You know, the wall. | -你懂的那墙 |
[02:09] | earlier that day, when, in retribution… | 那天早些时候 |
[02:09] | Have you baked your brain in that pizza oven? | 你吃错药啦? |
[02:10] | …and to a brother who lied to him… | 为了报复对自己撒谎的哥哥 |
[02:13] | And he did buy that land for personal gain. | 所以他买那地块是为了一己私利咯 |
[02:15] | Oscar Well… Oscar. | |
[02:17] | – Oscar. – …Oscar chose to lie | – Oscar – Oscar选择了对 |
[02:18] | – with George’s wife. – Call me Father B. | – 老George的老婆撒谎 – 叫我爸爸B |
[02:22] | And, although too explicit for an American audience, | 虽然对美国大众来说实在不含糊的是 |
[02:25] | the lovemaking was intense and beautiful | 他俩激烈又美好的爱爱 |
[02:28] | but for one small misunderstanding | 不过在完事过后 |
[02:30] | that occurred during the after though. | 产生了一个小误会 |
[02:33] | No. I-I mean… | 不 我是说 |
[02:35] | it’s good to be out of that | 能从那个热死人的 |
[02:36] | sweaty old hot box at the compound. | 陈旧的汗蒸屋里出来感觉真棒 |
[02:38] | No, this was am… this was amazing. | 不 这感觉太奇妙了 |
[02:40] | And Oscar finally got more information | Oscar终于拿到了关于 |
[02:43] | – Speaking of that… – about his brother’s plans. | – 说到这个 – 他哥哥的计划的信息 |
[02:45] | …we may need to have a president ready to go | 现在咱们正在建墙 |
[02:47] | if something should happen to Lucille 2 | 要是Lucille二号出了什么事 |
[02:49] | while we’re building the wall. | 我们最好还是选个新总裁 |
[02:51] | So we are building a wall. | 所以我们在建墙 |
[02:53] | Right where Oscar | 就在Oscar |
[02:55] | thought he would be spending the rest of his life. | 以为他会在那度过余生的地方 |
[02:58] | Turn him around three times and put him in Fullerton, | 先让他转三圈 然后把他扔到富勒顿 |
[03:00] | – he won’t know the difference. – Fullerton. | – 他都分不清自己在那里 – 富勒顿 |
[03:02] | You know, I think we should send our son down there. | 我觉得我们应该让咱们的儿子去那里的 |
[03:06] | Give him some training, show that he has a job, | 锻炼一下他 让别人知道他可不是无业流氓 |
[03:09] | let him sweat a little. | 让他熬一下苦 |
[03:10] | Buster? No, no. | Buster么 不 不 |
[03:12] | I won’t… I won’t hear of it. | 我不会 我不会听你的 |
[03:13] | It could kill him. | 他会受不了的 |
[03:14] | I meant Gob. | 我说的是Gob |
[03:16] | Oh. Oh, fine. | 噢 噢 没事 |
[03:17] | Yeah, send him down. I love that. | 对 让他去好了 我喜欢这样子 |
[03:20] | Now the story of a family | 故事是关于一个 |
[03:21] | whose future was abruptly canceled | 突然失去未来的家庭 |
[03:24] | and the one father who had no choice | 家中父亲别无选择 |
[03:27] | but to keep himself together. | 不得不振作起来 |
[03:32] | It’s George Sr.’s | 欢迎收看老George的 |
[03:33] | Arrested Development. | <发展受阻> |
[03:37] | Unaware that he was being cuckolded by his brother, | 还不知道被自己的弟弟戴了绿帽的老George |
[03:40] | George Sr. Was struggling to find money to bribe Herbert Love. | 正在努力地寻找资金 来贿赂Herbert Love |
[03:44] | Didn’t someone die in one of these things? | 这种汗蒸屋里不是死过人么 |
[03:46] | Oh, no, not in one of ours. | 噢 不 不是我们的人 |
[03:47] | Although his pitch had lost some of its luster. | 然而老George说服人的拿手活也不顺手了 |
[03:50] | And, you know, I mean, it’s better than dying in the snow. | 而且 总比在雪里死掉好啊 |
[03:54] | I mean, not… not-not that you’ll die, | 我不是说你会死掉 |
[03:56] | but if you had to choose, uh, I mean… | 但如果你不得不选择的话 |
[03:58] | – Brr, you know? – Hmm. | – 你懂的 – 嗯 |
[04:00] | Well, I’ll think about it. | 我会再想想的 |
[04:03] | Would you like a mini-quiche? | 你要来一份烘蛋羹吗 |
[04:04] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 噢 不好意思 |
[04:05] | I thought you were a successful Republican strategist. | 我以为你是个成功的共和党战略家呢 |
[04:09] | – I’m so sorry. – Why, ’cause I’m black? | – 不好意思 – 为什么 就因为我是个黑人 |
[04:11] | Oh, no… | 噢 不是 |
[04:14] | It was over. | 事情就这么完了 |
[04:15] | But at least he could go home… | 但至少他可以带着 |
[04:17] | Cindy’s going to love these. | Cindy可爱这个呢 |
[04:18] | Excuse me, Red, you’re not the only one | 不好意思 红发姑娘 不是只有你 |
[04:20] | – who likes coconut shrimp. – …with some coconut shrimp. | – 爱吃椰子虾 – 椰子虾回家 |
[04:22] | Well, I should have known you’d be here, | 我就知道你会来这里 |
[04:24] | supporting this right-wing, dangerous crackpot. | 支持这些危险的右翼疯子 |
[04:27] | Lindsay, I forgot– you dyed your hair. | Lindsay 我都忘了你染发了 |
[04:31] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[04:32] | I’m supporting Love, as well. | 我也是来支持Love的 |
[04:34] | We’re both doing that. | 我们都是 |
[04:36] | Oh, honey, I-I’ve wanted to contact you | 噢 亲爱的 从去年五月开始 |
[04:38] | every single day since last May. | 每一天我都想找你 |
[04:41] | I haven’t seen you since January. | 一月份之后我就没见着你 |
[04:43] | Yeah, the first four months, I was in denial. | 对 头四个月我还是不肯接受现实 |
[04:45] | How are you? | 你最近好吗 |
[04:46] | Are… are you good? | 过得好吗 |
[04:48] | Do you have any money? | 你有钱吗 |
[04:50] | Not really. | 没有 |
[04:51] | – Oh. – Oh, except for | – 噢 – 噢 除了 |
[04:53] | a $50, 000 check | 有五万美元 |
[04:55] | your wife sent to my daughter for plastic surgery. | 是你老婆给我女儿整容的 |
[04:58] | What kind of a woman does that? | 什么人会这样做啊 |
[05:00] | I thought there was no money left. | 我以为那钱都花光了 |
[05:02] | Oh, no. Oh, no. | 噢 不 没有 |
[05:04] | Oh, that’s awful. | 噢 那太恶毒了 |
[05:05] | I mean, she’s just precious the way she is. | 我觉得她本来就很可爱了呀 |
[05:07] | Does Maisie even know about this? | Maisie知道这件事吗 |
[05:09] | No, thank God. | 没有 幸好没有 |
[05:11] | And her name is Maeby. | 还有她名叫Maeby |
[05:13] | You don’t think Maisie’s cuter? | 你不觉得Maisie好听一点吗 |
[05:15] | You know what I want to do? I want to take this, | 你知道我打算怎样吗 我要收下这个 |
[05:17] | and I want to deposit it in a trust fund | 然后把它存到信托基金里 |
[05:20] | that she can’t open until she’s 21. | 这样到她21岁的时候才可以取 |
[05:25] | – I guess I can’t use it anyway. – Are you kidding me? | – 看来我也用不着 – 你开玩笑呢吧 |
[05:27] | You are the most beautiful little girl I know. | 你是我见过的最漂亮的女孩呢 |
[05:31] | And if you have any more work, | 如果你还要去整容的话 |
[05:33] | your cartilage is going to collapse. | 你鼻子上的软骨都快塌下来了 |
[05:34] | Let me see if I can… | 看我能不能帮你 |
[05:35] | – There you go. – And that’s when | -好了 – 就在这时老George |
[05:37] | George Sr. Finally tipped a black man. | 终于给一个黑人小费 |
[05:40] | – Got the check. – …okay? | – 拿到钱了 – 好吧 |
[05:41] | Third party. | 第三党 |
[05:42] | Ooh! Hey, you got the check. | 噢 你拿到钱了 |
[05:44] | Oh, man. | 噢 兄弟 |
[05:46] | – I am going to put this on my wall. – Oh… | – 我要把这个放在墙上 – 噢 |
[05:49] | George Sr. Left the hotel | 老George离开了酒店 |
[05:51] | hoping he’d accomplished something. | 希望自己已经完成了任务 |
[05:56] | And on the news the next day… | 在第二天的新闻里 |
[05:57] | We have got… | 我们要在我们国家 |
[05:59] | to build a wall between us and Mexico. | 和墨西哥之间建一道墙 |
[06:03] | …he found out he had. | 他发现他真的做到了 |
[06:05] | – Yes! – And aside from hating | – 太好了 – 除了他在倒后镜里看到 |
[06:06] | the wrinkles he saw in the rearview mirror | 在眼尾和眉毛周围的皱纹之外 |
[06:09] | around his eyes and brow, George Sr. Was happy. | 老George还是很开心的 |
[06:13] | All you need is smiles | 你需要的只是欢笑 |
[06:15] | Lots and lots of smiley smiles | 一个又一个的灿烂欢笑 |
[06:19] | All you need is… | 你只需要… |
[06:21] | What the is he smiling about? | 这家伙在笑啥玩意儿 |
[06:23] | Hello! | 你好 |
[06:25] | Oh, we’re just doing a survey | 女士 我们是在为美国政府 |
[06:27] | for the U.S. Government, ma’am. | 做测量工作呢 |
[06:28] | Oh, no, I-I’m a man. | 噢 不 我是个爷们儿 |
[06:30] | I was just wearing, uh, this blouse | 我穿这衬衣是因为 |
[06:33] | because I was, uh, driving and I hate my arms. | 刚才我在开车 而且我讨厌我的胳膊 |
[06:36] | What’s the tape for? | 这卷尺干嘛用的呢 |
[06:37] | Laying out border coordinates | 在画国界坐标 |
[06:39] | for when they put up the wall. | 好让他们建墙 |
[06:40] | Shh! You’re not supposed to tell them what it’s for. | 嘘 你不能告诉他们用途的 |
[06:43] | Well, he already mentioned the tape, | 他提到了标尺 |
[06:44] | and he looks American. | 而且他看上去是美国人啊 |
[06:45] | – Yeah, but he’s in Mexico. – Wait. | – 对 但他在墨西哥啊 – 等一下 |
[06:47] | Guys, no, no, Mexico starts | 伙计们 不是 墨西哥 |
[06:49] | – back there, by the gully. – Whoever told you that’s | – 是在山谷那边呢 – 告诉你的人 |
[06:51] | probably chomping on the maca, | 大概是嗑药了吧 |
[06:53] | if you know what I mean. | 如果你懂我意思的话 |
[06:54] | So, what you’re saying to me is that | 所以你的意思是 |
[06:55] | on this side of the tape, I’m in Mexico, | 在标尺的这一边 我是在墨西哥 |
[06:58] | but when I come over here… | 但我走到这边来的话 |
[06:59] | Whoa. We’re going to need to see a passport, sir. | 喔 先生 我们要看一下你的护照 |
[07:02] | Pasaporte. | 护照 |
[07:04] | George Sr. Liked to make men | 老George过去喜欢让那些 |
[07:05] | who disappoint him suffer. | 让他失望的人受罪 |
[07:08] | But things change. | 但情况变了 |
[07:10] | You really hurt my feelings, guys. | 你们真的很伤我心 兄弟们 |
[07:13] | – No hugging… ma’am. – I’m sorry. | – 不准拥抱 夫人 – 对不起 |
[07:19] | George Sr. Had just discovered | 老George刚刚发现 |
[07:21] | that the millions of dollars of American property | 他所拥有的价值几百万美元的资产 |
[07:24] | he owned was worthless. | 变得一文不值 |
[07:26] | How did you not notice? | 你怎么没注意到呢 |
[07:27] | You saw all the papers. | 你看过所有的文件了 |
[07:29] | And in Mexico. | 而且变成了在墨西哥了 |
[07:30] | You can’t expect me to read every page of that deal. | 你可不能指望我看了所有的文件呀 |
[07:33] | Besides, that one was particularly difficult | 而且 那文件特别难应付的 |
[07:34] | because it was all in Spanish. | 因为都是用西班牙语写的 |
[07:36] | It says very clearly, on my business card, | 在我的名片上写得很清楚了 |
[07:39] | “Se habla espanol” “Se habla espanol.” | |
[07:41] | “I do not speak Spanish.” | “我不说西班牙语” |
[07:42] | And it was your brother Oscar | 而且是你弟弟Oscar |
[07:44] | who told me it was on the border. | 告诉我那是在边界上的 |
[07:45] | How did he not know? | 他怎么不知道呢 |
[07:47] | Unfortunately, Oscar missed the signs. | 不幸的是 Oscar没看到指示牌 |
[07:50] | You think it’s okay to burn these? | 我们把这些牌子烧了没关系吗 |
[07:52] | Well, this is America. | 这里是美国 |
[07:53] | If they don’t want us to burn signs, | 如果他们不想我们把牌子烧了 |
[07:54] | they shouldn’t write them in Spanish. | 他们就不应该用西班牙语写的 |
[07:56] | – Everybody! – Sign, sign, everywhere a sign… | – 大家一起来 |
[08:00] | Only Heartfire knew the truth. | 只有Heartfire知道真相 |
[08:02] | But the singing was so loud, no one could hear her thoughts. | 但是歌声太吵了 没人听她的想法 |
[08:06] | I bribed Love | 我已经贿赂Love |
[08:08] | to push for the building of the wall, | 来促进造墙的工程了 |
[08:11] | and I don’t have the land to build it on! | 然而现在我却没有土地去造墙了 |
[08:13] | Shh, shh, shh. Call Herbert Love, all right? | 嘘 嘘 嘘 给Herbert Love打电话好吗 |
[08:15] | Tell him you would greatly appreciate it | 告诉他你会非常感激 |
[08:17] | if he’d rescind his support for the wall. | 只要他撤回对建造墙的支持 |
[08:19] | And make him a flip-flopper? I can’t do that. | 然后让他当墙头草吗 我不能这样 |
[08:21] | Actually, he’d tried, | 事实上 他试过了 |
[08:23] | but couldn’t afford it. | 但他付不起钱 |
[08:24] | It’s a 40 for the flip and a 40 for the flop, | 倒一边4万加另一边4万 |
[08:26] | and since it’s going to cause a flap, I’d say another 40. | 既然还要我摇摆一次 那就再加4万 |
[08:29] | So it’s a flat 40-40-40 flip-flop and a flap fee. | 所以是整的4万4万再加4万的墙头草和摇摆费 |
[08:33] | Well, then find someone who has influence with him. | 那就找个对他有影响的人啊 |
[08:35] | Hold on. A client is, uh, coming, | 等等 我有客户打电话过来 |
[08:37] | and I don’t know where Oscar is. | 还有我不知道Oscar在哪 |
[08:38] | He’s disappeared. | 他消失了 |
[08:39] | And there is something up with him | 他一定在打什么鬼主意 |
[08:41] | because he is scary now. | 因为他现在很吓人 |
[08:43] | He has changed. | 他变了个人 |
[08:45] | Hey, you’ve changed, you big . | 嘿 你不也变了 你这大娘[哔] |
[08:47] | You’re acting like a little girl lately. | 最近你做事像个小女孩似的 |
[08:49] | And not in the good way. | 这不是在夸你呢 |
[08:50] | Pull yourself together. Act like a man. | 好好振作起来 像个男人 |
[08:52] | You’re right, you’re right. | 你说得对 你说得对 |
[08:53] | – Okay, love you. – Love you, too. Bye. | – 好了 我爱你 – 我也爱你 拜 |
[08:56] | Cash, no receipt. | 给现金 不要小票 |
[08:59] | – Hot day, Father. – Hot day, Father B. | – 天气好热啊 神父 – 天气很热啊 B神父 |
[09:00] | – Hot day. – Hot day, Father. | – 天气很热 – 天气很热 神父 |
[09:02] | Hello, Father. | 您好呀 父亲 |
[09:04] | Don’t call me that! | 不要那么叫我 |
[09:05] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[09:07] | – You and Mom talked about it. – We did…? | – 你跟妈说过了呀 – 我们说了 |
[09:09] | Oscar. | 是Oscar |
[09:10] | In fact, it was Oscar who spoke to Lucille | 实际上 是Oscar跟Lucille说了 |
[09:13] | about hiring Gob, but not before an ominous warning. | 雇佣Gob的事 但是在不祥征兆发生之后 |
[09:17] | But, you know, he has magical abilities. | 而且你懂的 他会魔术啊 |
[09:20] | He can handle a lot more than we give him credit for. | 他比我们想象中要能干得多 |
[09:23] | I know… What?! | 我知道 什么 |
[09:26] | I would have been here sooner, but I had to go down | 我本可以早点抵达的 但我只能先去圣地亚哥 |
[09:28] | to San Diego and loop my way back up | 然后再折回来 |
[09:30] | because they put up that border ribbon. | 因为他们设置了边境线 |
[09:31] | – Which is totally new, – Shh! | – 那是新建的 – 嘘 |
[09:33] | and I wasn’t expecting it; it’s fine. | 我当时也没想到会这样 但没事 |
[09:34] | Anyway, Father, you’ve got to get me a job | 对了 父亲 你说你给我安排了个工作 |
[09:36] | so I can be prepared… to be president. | 这样我就可以准备好 做总裁了 |
[09:39] | All right, you got to keep this “Father” Stuff to yourself. | 好了 你不要再叫我做爸爸了 |
[09:40] | But I can’t have these people think that I raised a limo driver. | 我不能让这些人以为我养了个当礼车司机儿子 |
[09:43] | I’m not a limo driver. | 我才不是礼车司机呢 |
[09:45] | I’m a gentleman honey farmer. | 我是个养蜜蜂的农民 |
[09:47] | The only thing I’ve got back there are my bees. | 我车后面就只有蜜蜂而已 |
[09:48] | – Beans? – No, bees! | – 豆子 – 不 是蜜蜂 |
[09:50] | – Bees? – Bees! | – 蜜蜂 – 蜜蜂 |
[09:52] | Bees! Oh, bees! | 蜜蜂 噢 是蜜蜂 |
[09:54] | The boxes fell over on the way here | 在来的路上我为了避开鸵鸟 |
[09:55] | when I had to swerve to avoid an ostrich. | 拐弯的时候蜂箱就掉下来了 |
[09:57] | You got to do something about this–these people | 你要摆平这事 我给了这些人 |
[09:59] | paid a lot of money. Do something! | 好多钱的 快点啊 |
[10:00] | No, they won’t listen to me. | 它们不会听我的 |
[10:01] | – They’ve all got CCD. – CCD? | – 它们得了CCD – CCD |
[10:03] | Colony collapse disorder. | 蜂群崩坏症候群 |
[10:04] | The guy sold me just really sick bees. | 那人卖给我这些生病了的蜜蜂 |
[10:06] | Don’t worry. Dad, they’re going to hive. | 不要担心 爸 他们要入蜂房了的 |
[10:08] | They always hive. | 它们总会进蜂房 |
[10:09] | Usually by seeking out | 通常蜜蜂会找一些 |
[10:11] | a structure that most resembles a hive. | 长得像蜂巢的东西住进去 |
[10:13] | Bees! Wonderful bees! | 蜜蜂 多可爱的蜜蜂 |
[10:16] | It’s okay. It’s okay. Gob, get in there | 没事 没事 Gob 进去那里 |
[10:18] | – and get them out! – Okay, I’m on it. | – 让他们出来 – 好了 我来搞定 |
[10:19] | But then George Sr. Got some more bad news. | 然后老George得到更多的坏消息 |
[10:22] | Hello, brother. Thought I’d find you | 您好呀 哥哥 我就知道我找到你 |
[10:24] | in a blouse and a beekeeper hat. | 穿着一身女装衬衫还有带着捕蜂帽 |
[10:26] | What are you doing here? No, no, no, no, no. | 你来这里干嘛 不 不 不 |
[10:27] | We cannot be seen next to each other. | 不能让大家看到我们同时出现呀 |
[10:29] | I’m Dr. Norman! | 我是Norman医生 |
[10:30] | Well, if you don’t want to be seen, then you | 你要是不想被人看到的话 |
[10:33] | go in the sweat lodge. You owe me. | 那你就进去那蒸汗屋呀 是你欠我的 |
[10:36] | Is that a fact? Listen, you told me | 是吗 听着 是你告诉我 |
[10:38] | the property was on the border. | 土地是在国界线上的 |
[10:40] | It is 50 feet south of the border, Oscar. | 但实际上是在国界线以南五十英尺 Oscar |
[10:43] | Well, excuse me, but they hadn’t put up the tape yet. | 不好意思 但他们还没放好标尺呢 |
[10:46] | So I was going off Buster’s map. | 所以我当时看了下Buster的地图 |
[10:48] | Oh, God, it was Buster’s map. | 噢 天啊 那是Buster的地图 |
[10:50] | Buster had indeed made the map, | Buster当然画过地图 |
[10:52] | as a cartography student, | 只能当一名制图学学生 |
[10:54] | because the class where you get to see naked people,and draw them, was full. | 因为当时裸体画课已经人满了 |
[10:59] | And you lied to me. | 你还骗我了 |
[11:01] | You told me you bought this property to live on. | 你告诉我买这地皮是要谋生的 |
[11:03] | No, you bought this property to put up a wall. | 不 你买这地皮是要来建墙的 |
[11:06] | I told one lie, | 我就撒了一个谎而已 |
[11:09] | but I-I was going to share the money with you. | 但我本来是要跟你分钱的 |
[11:11] | – Two lies. – And why do I think | – 两个谎言 – 为什么我觉得你 |
[11:12] | that you charge more than five dollars for lemonade? | 卖柠檬汁时收了不止五美元呢 |
[11:15] | Three small lies. | 就三个谎言而已 |
[11:18] | Now, will you do me a favor, just get in the tent. | 现在可以帮我一个忙吗 走进那帐篷 |
[11:19] | Gob’s getting rid of the bees, | Gob处理掉蜜蜂 |
[11:21] | and we’ll push the matinee till 3:00. | 然后我们把午后演出推迟到三点 |
[11:22] | No, I’m sick and tired of being in that hut | 不 我受够了呆在那小屋里 |
[11:25] | pretending to be you. | 假装成你 |
[11:26] | Maybe I should go out there and pretend to be you. | 或许我应该假装成你到外面 |
[11:30] | So, good-bye, George. | 再见了 George |
[11:31] | This is the last you’ll see of me. | 这是你最后一次见到我了 |
[11:33] | Just gonna use the can for one second. | 我用一下厕所先 |
[11:37] | There’s two Dr. Normans! | 有两个Norman医生 |
[11:42] | George Sr. headed up north to see his wife | 老George要比他弟弟更早看到他老婆 |
[11:45] | before his brother could, but he soon found out | 他正往北走 但他发现 |
[11:48] | he was too late by a day. | 他已经迟了一天 |
[11:50] | Oh, I know what you’re coming up | 我知道你来 |
[11:51] | – to do to me. – Right. | – 要对我干什么 – 对 |
[11:53] | What? | 什么 |
[11:54] | Yesterday, you were amazing. | 你昨天表现得太棒了 |
[11:56] | Georgie, I can’t stop thinking about it. | Georgie 那让我久久不能忘怀 |
[11:58] | You haven’t been like that in years. | 你好几年都没这么厉害了 |
[12:01] | Oh, right. | 噢 对 |
[12:02] | – You mean, slow-witted? – I hope you’re ready | – 你是说反应迟钝 – 我希望你今天 |
[12:04] | for more of the same today. | 也能像昨天一样 |
[12:08] | Uh… Oh, God. | 呃 天啊 |
[12:10] | George Sr. Had a few problems: | 老George遇到了些问题 |
[12:12] | his brother was sleeping with his wife, | 他的弟弟跟他老婆搞在一起了 |
[12:15] | the property he was going to sell to the government… | 他将要卖给政府用来建造美国墙的 |
[12:18] | to build the U.S. Wall on was in Mexico… | 地块位于墨西哥 |
[12:20] | All right… all right… | 好吧 好吧 |
[12:21] | …and his sweat lodge colony had just collapsed. | 他的蒸汗屋聚居地乱成一塌糊涂 |
[12:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:24] | So he had to deal with first things first. | 所以他要先处理重要的事情 |
[12:26] | If my identical twin brother | 我的双胞胎弟弟 |
[12:28] | can get it up, then shouldn’t I? | 能够勃起 难道我就不行吗 |
[12:31] | Have you had any sexual feeling at all lately? | 你最近有性欲吗 |
[12:33] | No! | 没有 |
[12:34] | You know, the Hopi Indians believe that this spot here, | 霍皮印第安人认为当这个部位 |
[12:37] | – Okay. – when manipulated, | – 好吧 – 被按压的时候 |
[12:38] | – can create sexual feeling. – That’s my penis. | – 可以产生性欲 – 那是我小弟弟 |
[12:41] | Well, you don’t have to tell me. Nothing? | 你不用告诉我的 没感觉 |
[12:43] | No, just a little curiosity | 没有 就是很好奇 |
[12:45] | as to why you’re checking your second hand. | 你为什么要看着你的表呢 |
[12:47] | Oh, this isn’t my office. | 噢 这里不是我的办公室 |
[12:49] | You know, I-I don’t get it. | 我就不明白 |
[12:50] | I’ve been popping the pills, and, I mean, I mean, nothing. | 我一直都有吃药呀 我是说 没有什么 |
[12:53] | – Are you under any pressure? – Oh, no. | – 你压力很大吗 – 噢 没有 |
[12:55] | Nothing out of the ordinary. | 就跟平常一样啊 |
[12:56] | I mean, there’s some violating federal law stuff | 就是有违反了些联邦法律 |
[12:59] | that’d put me in prison for the rest of my life, | 足以使我在监狱度过余生的之类的 |
[13:01] | but I’ve made love with treason charges over me before. | 但之前我在犯叛国罪的时候还有做爱的呀 |
[13:04] | But no, it’s something else. | 一定还有其他什么东西 |
[13:05] | It’s not just the sex. | 不仅仅是性方面的 |
[13:06] | I feel… | 我觉得 |
[13:10] | I feel wrong. | 我觉得不对劲 |
[13:12] | Somehow. | 莫名其妙地 |
[13:15] | And I’m becoming weak. | 我就变得很懦弱 |
[13:19] | Sorry, had the old thinking cap on. | 抱歉 我得戴上思考帽 |
[13:21] | Let’s go to the lists. | 咱们来列个表吧 |
[13:22] | And Dr. Norman proceeded to run through | 然后Norman医生开始把一张 |
[13:24] | a checklist of alternative medicine questions. | 非传统医学的问题清单过了一遍 |
[13:26] | Okay, did you drink some water that might have | 好的 你有喝过一些含有 |
[13:28] | a homeopathic memory of some molecule? | 顺势疗法的记忆分子的水吗 |
[13:29] | Do you keep track | 你会追踪你 |
[13:31] | of the molecules you ingest? | 吸收的分子吗 |
[13:32] | Well, with homeopathy, | 在顺势疗法里面 |
[13:34] | it’s the molecules you don’t ingest. | 我们会追踪你不吸收的分子 |
[13:35] | But I’m the one who can get hard, | 但我能正常勃起 |
[13:36] | so let’s focus on you. | 所以咱们还是关注你好了 |
[13:38] | He then went on to explore some supernatural | 然后他提出了一些超自然的 |
[13:41] | or high-concept premise possibilities. | 或者说高端的前提可能性 |
[13:43] | Any earthquakes in a Chinese restaurant | 在你尝试向你母亲证明点什么的时候 |
[13:44] | – while you were trying to prove something to your mother? – No. | – 在中餐馆那里有发生过地震吗 – 没有 |
[13:46] | Any wishes you may have phrased badly, | 你有没有许过有恶意的愿望 |
[13:48] | or while a child was blowing out a candle? | 或者在一个孩子吹生日蜡烛的时候许过 |
[13:49] | No. | 没有 |
[13:50] | Have you come across any ancient games, let’s say, | 有没有玩过一些古老的游戏 比如说 |
[13:52] | glowing games, uh, either board based or carnival based, | 发光类的游戏 或者说期棋盘类的或者嘉年华上玩的那种 |
[13:56] | that you may have played against the wishes of your best friend? | 玩的时候你违抗你好朋友的意愿 |
[13:59] | – No. – Curses, hexes, spells, | – 没有 – 诅咒 妖法 符咒 |
[14:01] | shaman, medicine men? | 巫师 巫医 |
[14:04] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[14:06] | The strong will become the weak. | 强者会变成弱者 |
[14:08] | The weak will become the strong. | 弱者也会成为强者 |
[14:11] | I did hallucinate one ancient foreboding warrior harbinger | 大约一年前我嚼马卡根的时候 |
[14:15] | while I chewed Maca root about a year ago. | 看到古代预言战士的幻觉 |
[14:17] | Could that be something? | 会不会是那个呢 |
[14:19] | No, it’s not the maca. | 不 不是马卡根 |
[14:21] | Your body wants the maca. | 是你身体想要玛卡而已 |
[14:22] | It’s not the maca. | 不是玛卡的问题 |
[14:23] | But finally, out of desperation, | 最后 由于太过绝望了 |
[14:25] | he turned to Western medicine. | 他还是转向西药治疗了 |
[14:27] | Okay, tell you what, let’s get some film on you. | 好的 咱们给你拍片吧 |
[14:29] | I’d like you to get on an MRI machine | 我要你去磁力共振机那里 |
[14:31] | and try to ride it to climax. | 试着达到高潮 |
[14:33] | I’m gonna send you over to Orange County Imaging– | 我把你转到奥兰治县成像中心 |
[14:34] | they do a ton of that. | 那里有很多这样的 |
[14:36] | Okay, do I get magazines? | 好吧 有杂志看吗 |
[14:38] | Yeah, I’ll write you a script for that. | 有 我会给你写个便条 |
[14:40] | They got a place right around the corner that plays ball. | 他们在角落边那里有个打球的地方 |
[14:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:43] | Oh, run. | 噢 [哔] 跑啊 |
[14:44] | What? Oh. | 什么 噢 |
[14:48] | And soon, after getting his prescription filled… | 过了一阵子 拿到了药方之后 |
[14:50] | Uh… hola… | 呃 你好 |
[14:52] | I have a, um–magazines? | 我要这本杂志 |
[14:58] | …he was on his way | 他在去往 |
[14:59] | to debase himself in an MRI machine | 核磁共振仪里手淫的路上 |
[15:02] | when he ran into a son with whom he’d lost touch. | 他遇到了久未联系的儿子 |
[15:09] | Dad, what are you doing here? | 爸 你来这里干嘛 |
[15:12] | I wanted to speak to you… in person. | 我想跟你单独说几句话 |
[15:15] | Then you’re here to apologize; that right? | 你是来道歉的 对吧 |
[15:17] | – Sure. – Although, he covered pretty well. | – 当然 – 他很完美地掩饰了自己 |
[15:18] | And-and of course to see you at Orange County Im-a-gine. | 当然 我是来奥兰治县想象公司来看你的 |
[15:22] | I went to you for a simple signature, | 我去找你就是签个字而已 |
[15:25] | and you told me to go to hell. | 而你却叫我去死 |
[15:27] | Actually, it was the newly potent Oscar, | 其实 那是新上位的Oscar |
[15:30] | who, like one of Gob’s sick bees, | 他就像Gob的病蜜蜂一样 |
[15:32] | was pollinating one barren flower after another, | 不停地向不育之花传粉 |
[15:35] | who told Michael to go to hell. | 是他叫Michael去死 |
[15:37] | – Go to hell. – Huh? | – 去死吧 – 什么 |
[15:38] | Which is how George Sr. | 老George也正是这样 |
[15:40] | not only was left with Senor Senoritas, | 落破到手持墨西哥色情杂志 |
[15:43] | and that’s when he got a lead on his wall problem. | 这时他想出造墙问题的出路了 |
[15:45] | Do you know a guy named Herbert Love? | 你认识一个叫Herbert Love的人吗 |
[15:47] | I know a lot of people, sure. | 我认识很多人 当然认识他 |
[15:48] | And soon, he surprised Michael | 然后 他给了Michael一个惊喜 |
[15:50] | by giving him his rights for the movie project. | 他给了他关于电影计划的权利 |
[15:53] | I didn’t know it was about lying to a girl. | 我当时不知道是你想哄女孩子的电影 |
[15:57] | – Give me the release. – You’d do this for me? | – 把文件给我吧 – 你愿意为我这么做 |
[15:59] | – Of course I will. – And then, didn’t surprise him. | – 当然 – 然后 这并没有让他感到惊喜 |
[16:02] | If you’ll do something for me. | 你要帮我做一件事 |
[16:04] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[16:06] | Michael, you got to get this Love guy against the wall | Michael 你得让这个姓Love的反对建造 |
[16:10] | between the U.S. And Mexico. | 美国和墨西哥之间的墙 |
[16:11] | That’s not right. | 这么做不对的 |
[16:12] | You’re really opposed to this wall, huh? | 你真的很反感这墙呀 |
[16:14] | When did you become pro-immigrant? | 你什么时候开始支持移民政策的 |
[16:15] | I have changed, Michael. | 我改头换面了 Michael |
[16:17] | I cry | 我会哭 |
[16:18] | at the drop of a hat, and I hate the way I look. | 帽子掉了我会哭 我讨厌我的样子 |
[16:22] | I actually had one cute hat, and it… | 我以前有顶很好看的帽子 然后 |
[16:26] | it blew off at the CVS parking lot. | 在便利店停车场被风刮走了 |
[16:30] | And this whole car full of black kids ran over it, | 一车黑人孩子就这么碾过去了 |
[16:32] | for no reason. | 无缘无故的 |
[16:33] | And they saw it! | 他们明明看到的 |
[16:36] | They saw it! | 他们看到的 |
[16:39] | Michael Michael… | |
[16:42] | Anyway, I live down there now. | 我现在就在那里住 |
[16:45] | And I care for these people who just want | 我关心那些 |
[16:48] | to come into this country and ply their wares | 来我们国家辛勤劳动的人们 |
[16:51] | and let us freely fill the bay with their culture. | 就让我们把人家的文化自由地充满整个海湾 |
[16:54] | Hey, don’t get me started on the Cinco, Dad. | 嘿 别跟我提起”光辉五月五节” 老爸 |
[16:56] | I haven’t been to one in 20 years. | 我有20年没参加过了 |
[16:57] | There’s gonna be blowback there; | 一定会有报复行动的 |
[16:58] | it’s just gonna happen. | 肯定会发生的 |
[16:59] | You can’t swim in that bay for a month after | 每次节日过了一个月你都不能下海湾游泳 |
[17:01] | without getting nacho cheese sauce in your hair. | 否则乳酪沾酱沾得你满头都是 |
[17:03] | It’s coming. | 反弹会来的 |
[17:04] | Can you help me, then, with Love? | 那你能帮我的忙吗 关于Love那件事 |
[17:07] | At his speech, at Cinco? | 就在他在节日演讲时 |
[17:09] | Can you do that for your dad? | 你可以为你老爸这么做吗 |
[17:11] | What he didn’t tell Michael was that the family would go broke | 他没告诉Michael的是 如果墙建好了 |
[17:14] | if they had to build the wall. | 他们家就会破产 |
[17:16] | Of course I will. | 我当然会 |
[17:20] | Maybe, if he had, Michael wouldn’t have | 或许 如果他告诉了Michael真相 |
[17:22] | overplayed his hand as a big-shot producer | Michael就不会自认为是一个交游广阔 |
[17:25] | who knew lots of people. | 的大腕制作人 |
[17:27] | But a deal was soon struck… | 但说完了之后他们就马上行事 |
[17:28] | – Thanks, Pop. – All right. | – 写了 爸 – 好的 |
[17:29] | …and Michael, signed contract in hand, | Michael 手拿签好的合同 |
[17:32] | went to show off at the Ealing Club, | 去了Ealing俱乐部炫耀 |
[17:34] | while George Sr., magazine in hand, | 而老George手拿杂志 |
[17:37] | went to off in an MRI machine. | 去了[哔]磁力共振机 |
[17:45] | George Sr. Finally went to visit a wife | 老George终于去找了自己那 |
[17:47] | who was under the impression that he was back for more. | 以为他回来是想要嘿咻的老婆 |
[17:51] | The wrong land? | 画错范围了 |
[17:52] | It’s under control; I’m trying to get Love | 没事了 我试着让Love |
[17:54] | to come out against the wall. | 反对建墙 |
[17:56] | We can’t afford to build it if we’re not | 如果我们不把地皮卖给政府的话 |
[17:58] | selling the land back to the government. | 我们可出不起钱去建墙呀 |
[18:00] | It’ll ruin us. | 我们会完蛋的 |
[18:02] | It’ll ruin us if we don’t build it. | 要是我们不建墙我们才完蛋 |
[18:05] | George, you’ve gone puny again. | George 你变得太懦弱了 |
[18:07] | Where’s the man who took a hold of me yesterday | 昨天那个在沙发上把我霸王硬上弓 |
[18:09] | and bent me over this couch? | 的那个人去哪了 |
[18:11] | Okay, okay, let’s not sully its memory. | 好了 好了 咱们就不要提过去了 |
[18:14] | Look, we make sure Herbert Love comes out against the wall, | 听着 我们要确保在我们得到政府开出 |
[18:18] | right after we get enough of it up | 足够高的价格之后 |
[18:20] | to trigger the government payment. | Herbert Love站出来反对建墙计划 |
[18:21] | And speaking of getting enough of it up, | 还有说到足够高 |
[18:24] | what’s going on down here? | 你下面怎么了 |
[18:26] | You need a little more Marilyn like I did yesterday? | 你要我像昨天那样扮成玛丽莲梦露吗 |
[18:30] | Happy birthday, Mr. President… | 祝你生日快乐 总统先生 |
[18:33] | I-I don’t want to be Mr. President. | 我不想做总裁先生 |
[18:35] | Huh. Especially with all this going down. | 呃 特别是在生意低迷的时候 |
[18:37] | Oh, and speaking of president, what’s happening with Gob? | 噢 说到总裁 Gob到底怎么了 |
[18:40] | You gave him a job? | 你给他安排工作了 |
[18:42] | Yes, but then I-I fired him. | 对 不过之后我炒了他 |
[18:44] | He caused my colony to collapse. | 他把我的拓殖地搞得一塌糊涂的 |
[18:46] | Oh, my God, George, get him another job. | 噢 我的天 George 另外给他安排个工作吧 |
[18:48] | You must have some favors you can call in somewhere. | 你肯定还能联系到些门路吧 |
[18:52] | And then you can have some of my favors, Mr. President. | 然后你还可以享受下我的”门路” 总裁先生 |
[18:57] | As much as I’d like to stay | 虽然我很想留下 |
[18:58] | and lay some more pipe with you, | 跟你好好地亲热一翻 |
[18:59] | I better get moving on this thing. | 我还是走开好了 |
[19:01] | And so, the next day, | 第二天 |
[19:02] | George Sr. Once again called upon his son. | 老George又给他的儿子打了个电话 |
[19:05] | Michael B. Project. | Michael B计划 |
[19:06] | Yeah, you got to give Gob a job. | 你要给Gob安排个工作 |
[19:08] | Something in the, uh, building company | 像是建筑行业呀 |
[19:09] | or, uh, hey, I think he’d get a big kick | 或者 嘿 我觉得他应该能在电影行业 |
[19:13] | out of the movie business. | 大展拳脚的 |
[19:14] | N-N-No, Dad, hey. | 不 爸 嘿 |
[19:15] | He knows nothing about producing. | 他对影片制作一窍不通 |
[19:17] | Look, I don’t care if it’s producing a movie | 听着 我不在乎是要拍一部 |
[19:19] | that’s never gonna be made | 永远不会拍出来的电影 |
[19:20] | or selling houses that no one’s gonna buy, | 还是要卖没有人买的房子 |
[19:23] | I just want my son to have a job | 我只是要我儿子有份工作 |
[19:25] | where his incompetence won’t be out of place. | 他的无能不会浪费了 |
[19:28] | Anyway, he’s on his way to Sudden Valley now. | 总之 他现在在去急急山谷路上了 |
[19:30] | No, he isn’t. No, no, come on, Dad… | 不是吧 不 不 爸 |
[19:32] | – No, no, now? – What, what? | – 不是吧 现在 – 什么 什么 |
[19:34] | He’s gonna make it less valuable? | 他会让那里的房子贬值吗 |
[19:35] | Which I told you was gonna happen, by the way. | 我早就告诉过你那里房价会跌的 |
[19:37] | Oh, here it is. Here it is. | 噢 来了 来了 |
[19:38] | Yeah, there it is! Knew it was coming. | 他来了 我就会发生这样的事 |
[19:40] | And even though George had imposed on Michael, | 即使是老George欺骗了Michael |
[19:42] | it was Gob… | 但是是Gob |
[19:44] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[19:45] | …who felt he had a cross to bear. | 觉得他背负着沉重的负担 |
[19:48] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[19:52] | Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, I got the right of– | 嘿 嘿 嘿 嘿 我要转右 |
[19:54] | – Hey, hey, hey… – N-No, don’t. It’s mine. | – 嘿 嘿 嘿 – 不 该到我了 |
[19:55] | – Okay, coming through here. – Mine… Hah! | – 好了 过去吧 – 到我了 哈 |
[19:57] | No… no, no! My right of… way! | 不 不 不 我的右边 |
[20:00] | – There! Mine! – Okay. | – 好了 我的 – 好了 |
[20:02] | Hey… | 嘿 |
[20:07] | Gob Gob! | |
[20:09] | Michael Michael! | |
[20:09] | And the two brothers reunited… | 两兄弟终于团圆了 |
[20:11] | Hey, Gob. | 嘿 Gob |
[20:12] | Michael Michael. | |
[20:13] | …happy to see each other. | 见到对方很开心 |
[20:15] | Gob Gob? | |
[20:17] | At first. | 只是一开始时 |
[20:19] | Michael Michael. | |
[20:21] | So, hear you need help moving | 听说你要人帮忙把这些 |
[20:23] | these memorials to the death of the housing market. | 房地产市场崩溃的纪念碑搬走 |
[20:29] | Actually that was a memorial | 事实上那是纪念 |
[20:30] | – to the death of Pete the mailman. – I knew that. | – 已逝邮差Pete的纪念碑 – 我知道 |
[20:32] | I brought one, too– size of the man’s heart. | – 我也买了一个 一个人心脏那么大 |
[20:36] | I just got to figure out how to get it out of the car. | 我要想象怎么把那东西从车里搬出来 |
[20:39] | If I could remember how I got it in. | 要是我记得怎么把它放进去就好了 |
[20:41] | That’s not from your Christian magic act? | 那不是你的基督教魔术表演吗 |
[20:43] | Christian magic act? | 基督教魔术表演 |
[20:44] | If I were Muslim | 要是我是个穆斯林 |
[20:45] | would you say “Muslim magic act”? | 你会说”穆斯林魔术表演”吗 |
[20:47] | No | 不会 |
[20:48] | but it is hard to imagine | 但有点难想象 |
[20:49] | any Muslim handcuffing himself | 一个穆斯林把自己铐在一个 |
[20:51] | to a glittery cross | 闪亮的十字架上面 |
[20:53] | and living to tell about it. | 还活着向别人宣传 |
[20:54] | Yeah, well, the Christians aren’t so -hot | 对 基督教其实彼此彼此 |
[20:56] | about it either. | 也那么[哔] |
[20:58] | Hmm, well… | 嗯 |
[21:01] | Michael could see that his brother was unhappy | Michael看得出他哥哥不开心 |
[21:04] | and that his life had not worked out | 他的生活过得并不像 |
[21:06] | the way he had hoped. | 他期望的那样如意 |
[21:08] | Things are incredible for me, I’m having an incredible year. | 我过得挺好的 这几年生活不错 |
[21:11] | I am a movie producer now, producing a movie, | 现在我是个电影制作人 在拍电影 |
[21:13] | so they’ve got me in this enormous office. | 他们给了我一间超大的办公室 |
[21:16] | I told ’em I don’t want to be driving | 我告诉他们我不想天天 |
[21:17] | to Beverly Hills every single day, | 开车去比佛利山 |
[21:18] | so they put me in an enormous office just over here. | 所以他们在这里给我安排了一间大办公室 |
[21:24] | Rental. | 还是租的 |
[21:25] | My personal life is off the charts. | 我的感情生活好极了 |
[21:27] | I’ve met someone. | 遇到了一个人 |
[21:29] | Can’t really give you any information–kind of famousy. | 但不能透露太多 是个名人 |
[21:31] | Well, good for you. | 这样很好啊 |
[21:32] | I also met someone. | 我也遇到了一个人 |
[21:33] | Have you? | 是吗 |
[21:33] | Also famousy. Can’t give you any information. | 也是个名人 不能透露太多 |
[21:36] | In fact, Michael didn’t even find out who she was | 实际上 Michael直到前一晚才 |
[21:39] | until one night, earlier. | 知道她是谁 |
[21:40] | Oh, my God. I’m dating Ron Howard’s girlfriend. | 噢 我的天 我在跟Ron Howard的女朋友约会呢 |
[21:43] | Although he did have some of the details wrong. | 虽然他搞错了些细节 |
[21:45] | She’s an actress. You know her. | 她是个演员 你认识她的 |
[21:47] | She was Ron’s illegitimate daughter, | 她是Ron的私生女 |
[21:50] | a fact unbeknownst to many. | 并不为很多人所知 |
[21:52] | Well, we kind of like to keep that quiet. | 我们不想让太多人知道 |
[21:54] | A woman who, like Bryce Dallas and Paige Carlyle, | 就和Bryce Dallas和Paige Carlyle一样 |
[21:58] | was named after where she was conceived. | 她是以她被被怀上的地名来取名的 |
[22:01] | And she actually had worked for some A-list directors. | 她与一些有名导演合作过 |
[22:04] | She did a Terrence Malick… | 她拍过Terrence Malick的电影 |
[22:06] | Are we the same? | 我们是一样的吗 |
[22:08] | She got the lead in a Woody Allen film… | 她当过伍迪艾伦的电影的主角 |
[22:11] | But I felt like I was in The Iceman Cometh, | 我感觉我就像出演了<急冻侠> |
[22:12] | but, you know, in my case, he faketh. | 但是你懂的 我这情况下 是他在假装 |
[22:15] | …and was once even directed by her own father. | 甚至有一次拍了由她父亲执导的电影 |
[22:17] | Action! | 开始 |
[22:18] | Next time, don’t pocket it, | 下一次 不要偷东西了 |
[22:20] | pay for it. | 要付钱 |
[22:21] | Shoplifting: not cool. | 偷窃一点都不酷 |
[22:23] | – …in a public service announcement. – And cut! | – 在一个公益广告里面 – 停 |
[22:25] | Which, like all of Ron’s work… | 像Ron的其他作品一样 |
[22:27] | You know, I think we got it. | 我觉得我们拍好了 |
[22:28] | …was inspired by a photograph. | 都是从照片得到的灵感 |
[22:30] | Rebel was indeed a rebel. | Rebel当然就是反抗者 |
[22:33] | But Michael didn’t possess that information. | 但Michael并不知道这些信息 |
[22:35] | I can give you some information | 我可以告诉你一些 |
[22:37] | about your airless office | 关于你以后会在哪里 |
[22:38] | you’re gonna be spending most mornings in. | 呆的不通风的办公室的信息 |
[22:39] | You know, what I could go for is some guac. | 我想要吃鳄梨酱 |
[22:41] | Well, you don’t live there anymore, Gob. | 你不在这里住了 Gob |
[22:43] | This heat just makes, makes me want guac. | 这天气热得让我想吃鳄梨酱 |
[22:44] | Now, now, I know I’ve got these things, | 我把事情都办好了 |
[22:46] | uh, very, you know, meticulously maintained. | 安排得妥妥当当的 |
[22:49] | There’s… | 有 |
[22:52] | There are some vultures. | 有几只秃鹰在这 |
[22:53] | I think they might still smell Pete. | 我觉得他们还闻到Pete的味道 |
[22:55] | Yeah, if it wasn’t for the movie thing, | 要不是我要打理电影的事 |
[22:56] | I would do it myself. | 我就会把房子卖了 |
[22:57] | They practically sell themselves; you just got | 这房子很好卖的 只需 |
[22:58] | – to bring the people in. – I’m ready to move in today. | – 把人带过来参观就好了 – 我今天就搬进来 |
[23:01] | No, well, people other than you, | 不 除了你之外的其他人 |
[23:02] | – bring those people in. – I’m starving. | – 把人带进来- 我好饿 |
[23:04] | Starving? No, you’re not gonna find anything here. | 饿了 不 在这里你找不到东西吃的 |
[23:06] | They’ve been abandoned for… | 这里都废弃了好几… |
[23:09] | Linsay Lindsay. | |
[23:11] | No, no, this–maybe Tobias. | 不 不 这可能是Tobias的 |
[23:14] | It was John Beard. | 那是John Beard |
[23:16] | Shall we? | 喝吗 |
[23:17] | Well, the value of these homes isn’t gonna go down | 要是今天咱们卖不出房子的话 |
[23:19] | if we don’t sell one today. | 这房子的价值又要跌了 |
[23:20] | Let me see if I can find a, uh… | 我看能不能找个 |
[23:22] | Do you have a bottle opener? | 你有开瓶器吗 |
[23:25] | Great idea. | 好主意 |
[23:26] | And after a few more drinks and a little more depreciation… | 喝了几杯互相损了几句之后 |
[23:29] | – That was surprising. – …Michael admitted he had | – 那还真是惊喜 – Michael不得不承认他 |
[23:31] | a rival for his girlfriend. | 跟他女友很合得来 |
[23:32] | You don’t have to worry about Ron Howard. | 你不用担心Ron Howrad的 |
[23:35] | I mean, he’s not competition for you. | 他才比不上你呢 |
[23:36] | – Really? – Yeah, I mean, the guy’s | – 真的吗 – 对啊 那家伙 |
[23:38] | like 100 years old. What’s he gonna do, | 都差不多一百岁了他还能干什么 |
[23:39] | poke you in the eyes? | 戳你眼睛吗 |
[23:41] | Oh, you’re confused. | 噢 你搞错了 |
[23:42] | Ron Howard directed Apollo 13. | Ron Howard执导了<阿波罗13号> |
[23:44] | You’re thinking of Moe Howard, | 你说的是Moe Howard |
[23:45] | the angry stooge who’s been dead for a quarter century. | 就是那个死了差不多二十五年的丑角 |
[23:47] | Well, that’s good ’cause the whole time I’m thinking, like, | 噢 那还好 因为我一直觉得 |
[23:49] | “Unless she likes a guy who’s funny.” | “除非她喜欢有趣的人” |
[23:51] | – Sure. – Because that guy is funny. | – 当然 – 因为那家伙挺有趣的 |
[23:52] | – ‘Cause the whole time you’re like… – You know… | – 因为你一直就像 – 你知道吗 |
[23:53] | – “Is he gonna poke me in the eyes?” – Gob, | – “他要戳我眼睛吗” – Gob |
[23:55] | I don’t think that th-the movie–it might not even happen | 我觉得那电影拍不成了 |
[23:58] | because I don’t think that I can ask my son. | 因为我不能开口问我儿子 |
[24:00] | What happened between him and me was very disappointing. | 我跟他之间发生的事真的很令人失望 |
[24:03] | You don’t need to tell me about disappointment and sons. | 你不用告诉我关于儿子还有失望的事 |
[24:05] | Let’s not forget Steve Holt. | 咱们不要忘了Steve Holt |
[24:07] | That’s the story of our relationship. | 那是我们之间的故事 |
[24:09] | Right, well, I was talking about a son disappointing a father. | 我是说儿子让父亲失望 |
[24:12] | Yeah, that does make it different. | 对 那是不一样的 |
[24:14] | Look, Michael, he doesn’t respect you, | 听着 Michael 他不尊重你 |
[24:16] | so you have to make him respect you. | 所以你要让他尊重你 |
[24:18] | Show him that you’re a big shot, | 让他知道你是个大人物 |
[24:19] | that you don’t need to live in your son’s dorm. | 你不用住在你儿子的宿舍里 |
[24:21] | No, I just live in my parents’ penthouse now. | 没有 我只是住在我父母的豪宅而已 |
[24:23] | Well, then, take him to the Ealing Club; | 那就带他去Ealing俱乐部 |
[24:25] | it’s all showbiz. | 那里都是娱乐圈 |
[24:25] | I used to hang out there all the time. | 我以前经常在那里混的 |
[24:27] | It’s just actresses and stuff like that. | 就只有女演员还有其他别的什么 |
[24:29] | I don’t know if I could pick up the phone | 我不知道我还能不能给他打电话 |
[24:30] | and call him and ask him. | 然后问他 |
[24:32] | – You know what, Michael? – Hmm? | – 你知道吗 Michael – 嗯 |
[24:34] | I’ll call him for you. | 我帮你打电话 |
[24:37] | Really, you’d do that for me? | 真的 你会为我这么做 |
[24:38] | It’s the least I could do. | 略尽绵力而已 |
[24:40] | You’ve given me a new sense of purpose. | 你给了我对生活的新目标 |
[24:43] | Did you actually have an old one? | 你有过目标吗 |
[24:45] | ‘Cause it always seemed like you were just looking | 一直都觉得你像是 |
[24:47] | for the easy way out. | 投机取巧的 |
[24:48] | Yeah, that was it. | 对 我是那样的 |
[24:51] | Hi, I’m George Bluth of the Bluth Company, and, uh… | 嗨 我是布鲁斯公司的George Bluth |
[24:53] | George Sr, meanwhile, was also finding | 老George也在为解决建墙问题 |
[24:55] | an easy way out of the wall problem. | 寻找一个简单解决办法 |
[24:57] | …we’ve built this wall. | 我们建了这墙 |
[24:58] | We have miles and, and miles of wall. | 建了很长很长的墙 |
[25:03] | Will you confirm that, soldier? | 你会确认一下吗 士兵 |
[25:07] | It’s ab-about protecting our border, | 那是为了保护我们的国界线 |
[25:09] | which is why, uh, we have a member | 所以今天我们有一位 |
[25:11] | of our armed forces with us today. | 武装部队的士兵来到这里 |
[25:14] | Say hello. | 打声招呼 |
[25:17] | It’s, uh, triple-reinforced, steel-reinforced, | 这是三重保护 钢混凝土结构 |
[25:19] | and I don’t really know how to, how to say | 我也不知道要怎么表达 |
[25:22] | that, uh, what it does is, it protects, um… | 它的作用是保护 呃 |
[25:26] | It’s Mexican-proof. | 是用来防止墨西哥人的 |
[25:27] | So– can’t say– it… | 不能这么说 |
[25:29] | Well, gosh darn it, | 该死的 |
[25:31] | it is Mexican-proof. | 还真的是用来防止墨西哥人的 |
[25:34] | Sit up. | 坐好 |
[25:35] | – Uh… – Daddy, my tummy’s turning. | – 呃 – 爹地 我的胃很不舒服 |
[25:37] | All right. | 好了 |
[25:38] | – Uh, it’s, uh, triple-reinforced. – I got… | – 呃 这是三重保护的 – 我要 |
[25:40] | Daddy, I got to get out, | 爹地 我要下车 |
[25:41] | – I got to get out. – Uh, we’re gonna be… | – 我要下车 – 我们将 |
[25:42] | Oh, for God’s sakes, get out. | 噢 看在老天的份上 下车吧 |
[25:44] | I need to get out, I need to get out. | 我要下车 我要下车 |
[25:46] | – Oh, for… – I need to get out, I need to get out. | – 噢 – 我要下车 我要下车 |
[25:47] | We’re not gonna… we’ll edit this part out and, uh… | 我们会把这一段删掉的 |
[25:50] | Anyhow… | 好了 |
[25:51] | But George Sr. Hadn’t built miles of wall. | 但老George并没有建成墙体 |
[25:54] | He just found a roundabout way to make it seem that way, | 他只是用绕圈圈的方法让人看起来是那样子而已 |
[25:58] | and one week later at Cinco | 一周后的五月五节 |
[26:00] | George arrived hoping to hear Herbert Love… | 老George来参加了 希望能让Herbert Love |
[26:03] | No, thanks. I’ve already crushed one with my car. | 不用 谢谢 我车上有了一顶被压扁的 |
[26:04] | …sway public opinion against the wall | 影响民众意见以反对建墙 |
[26:06] | so the Bluth Company wouldn’t be on the hook | 所以布鲁斯公司就不用陷入 |
[26:09] | – to build it for real. – Pop, hey, hi. | – 不得不建墙的困境 – 爸 嘿 |
[26:10] | – Michael, what happened? – Yeah. | – Michael 你怎么了 – 对 |
[26:12] | Oh, the–it’s a terrible week, | 噢 这周过得糟糕透了 |
[26:14] | but I’m gonna fix things once and for all right now. | 但我会挽救的 |
[26:17] | – Is this about Love? – No, it’s about money, | – 这是Love做的吗 – 不 是关于钱方面的问题 |
[26:19] | but I-I’m–I will pay her back, uh, one way or the other. | 但我会报仇的 不管以某种方式 |
[26:23] | Who? | 谁呀 |
[26:24] | Lucille 2–I’m gonna get her | Lucille二号 我会让她 |
[26:25] | – against the wall. – No, no, no, no, no, | – 反对建墙的 – 不 不 不 |
[26:27] | she cannot know about this wall. | 她不能知道建墙的事 |
[26:29] | Fine, I’ll get her up against the top of the staircar. | 好吧 我让她反对梯车吧 |
[26:32] | I don’t care, it’s gonna happen, though. | 我不在乎 这是迟早都要发生的事 |
[26:33] | I am talking about Herbert Love. | 我说的是Herbert Love |
[26:35] | – Is he going to oppose the building of the wall? – Oh, yes. | – 他是不是要反对建造墙 – 噢 对啊 |
[26:38] | I took care of that. | 我搞定了 |
[26:39] | He is going to announce that in his speech tonight. | 他今晚要在他演讲里面宣布这件事 |
[26:42] | That is great news. | 那真是太好了 |
[26:43] | Listen, I-I-I have to go. | 听着 我要走了 |
[26:44] | I have to see if I can pass this testosterone test. | 我要去看一下我的睾丸激素检测结果 |
[26:47] | I do, too. | 我也是 |
[26:49] | And, listen, not a word to… | 听着 不要跟 |
[26:52] | How dare you? | 你好大的胆 |
[26:53] | Lucille 2. | Lucille二号 |
[26:56] | Did you think I wouldn’t find out? | 你就以为我不会发现吗 |
[26:59] | I was going to cut you in. | 我本来要告诉你的 |
[27:00] | I was trying to protect you | 我只是想保护你 |
[27:01] | so they wouldn’t link you to it, | 这样你就不会被拖下水了 |
[27:03] | but it turns out that we can’t afford to build it anyway. | 但后来发现咱们也付不起建那的钱 |
[27:05] | – Build what? – The wall in Mexico, the, the high wall. | – 建什么 – 墨西哥的墙 很高的墙 |
[27:09] | – What were, what were you talking about? – I was talking | – 你在说什么 – 我是说 |
[27:12] | about you giving money to Herbert Love in his campaign | 你竟然给钱给Herbert Love参选 |
[27:15] | – against me. – Oh, no, no, | – 和我作对 – 噢 不 不 |
[27:17] | that was to get Love to support the wall. | 那是为了让Love支持建墙 |
[27:19] | Oh, I tell you, I’ve been all over the place on this one. | 我告诉你 这个我可很有把握的 |
[27:21] | I can’t be running a company that’s building a wall | 我不能经营一家公司 |
[27:24] | I campaigned against! | 去建造我反对建造的墙 |
[27:25] | Listen to me, it’s taken care of. | 听我说 已经搞定了 |
[27:28] | I just ran into Michael. | 我刚遇到Michael |
[27:30] | He’s got Love against the wall. | 他让Love反对建墙了 |
[27:32] | It’s done, it’s gonna be in the speech tonight, it’s over. | 事情搞定了 今晚将会有个演讲 事情就结束了 |
[27:35] | It better be, | 最好是这样 |
[27:36] | or I’ll talk about it in my speech tonight. | 不然今晚我就在演讲里提这个 |
[27:39] | Now, I’ve got a staircar to wave from. | 我要在接机车上挥手示意呢 |
[27:41] | And I can’t be seen with you. | 我不能让别人看到我跟你在一起 |
[27:42] | ‘Cause I’m fat. | 因为我胖吗 |
[27:44] | It’s because I am fat. | 是因为我很胖 |
[27:46] | You think I’m a fat person. | 你觉得我是个胖子 |
[27:48] | You are such a drama queen. | 你真是小题大做 |
[27:51] | George Sr. Was worried. | 老George很担心 |
[27:52] | These fat arms. | 这胖手 |
[27:53] | I don’t understand this. | 我就搞不明白 |
[27:55] | And so, it was in a state of agitation | 老George带着焦虑的心情 |
[27:58] | that George Sr. Arrived for his doctor’s appointment. | 找到了他的医生 |
[28:01] | Excuse me, Dr. Norman? | 打扰一下 Norman医生 |
[28:02] | – You’re mistaken. – Dr. Norman, | – 你认错人了 – Norman医生 |
[28:04] | it’s me, George Bluth. | 是我 George Bluth |
[28:06] | Oh, George, yes, thank you for meeting me here. | 噢 是George 谢谢你来见我 |
[28:09] | I like to do a little housecleaning on the fourth. | 我就想在这里收拾一下家里的东西 |
[28:15] | Old quinceanera candles. | 这些都是成人礼上的蜡烛 |
[28:17] | I was wondering if you could tell me my test results. | 我想知道我的检测结果 |
[28:21] | Oh, yes, yes, uh, well, | 噢 对了 呃 |
[28:22] | your testosterone numbers are off the charts. | 你的睾丸激素破纪录了 |
[28:25] | Below the charts, under the charts. | 低得破纪录了 没治了 |
[28:28] | I don’t know how to say that. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[28:29] | You have almost no testosterone at all. | 你没有睾丸激素了 |
[28:30] | I don’t know the exact numbers, but it’s somewhere | 我不知道确切数字 但跟 |
[28:32] | in the baby range. | 婴儿的水平差不多 |
[28:34] | On the plus side, your estrogen levels are that | 值得高兴的是 你的雌激素水平就像一个 |
[28:37] | of a very healthy woman in the throes of her menses. | 处于经痛期间的健康女性一样多 |
[28:39] | May I see my results? | 我可以看一下结果吗 |
[28:41] | Ah, I wish you’d asked me about five minutes ago. | 你要是五分钟前问我就好了 |
[28:43] | I think I dumped it with a pot pipe | 我应该是将它跟一个大麻烟斗和 |
[28:44] | and a bottle of cheetah sedative. | 一瓶猎豹镇静剂一起扔了 |
[28:45] | Also, the people at Orange County Imaging | 还有 奥兰治成像公司的人说 |
[28:47] | said that you were masturbating in an MRI tube? | 你在磁力共振管上面自慰 |
[28:51] | – Oh, no. – But, Doctor, | 噢 不 – 但 医生 |
[28:53] | you, you told me to. | 是你叫我真么做的 |
[28:54] | I did no such thing. | 我没这么叫 |
[28:56] | Oh, no. | 噢 不 |
[28:57] | No, no, you can’t do that. | 不 不 你不能这么做的 |
[29:00] | That sounds like something I would say | 这倒像是我带上我的思考帽时 |
[29:01] | when I had my thinking cap on. | 会说的话 |
[29:04] | You, sir, are a very funny lady. | 先生 您可真是个有趣的女士 |
[29:09] | That’s what they always say to the unattractive one. | 人们都是这么对丑女说的 |
[29:12] | It was finally time for Herbert Love to make his speech, | 终于到了Herbert Love演讲的时间了 |
[29:15] | when the party was suddenly ransacked. | 但派对突然遭到捣乱 |
[29:19] | Of course, it was Cinco, | 当然 那是Cinco |
[29:21] | so it took a while for anyone to notice. | 所以过了好一会儿才有人注意到 |
[29:23] | It appeared the Hispanic community had had | 似乎拉丁裔社区已经对Cinco de Cuatro |
[29:25] | enough of Cinco de Cuatro. | 忍无可忍了 |
[29:26] | – Oh, God, the blowback. – Put up this wall! | – 噢 天啊 报复行动 – 建起墙来 |
[29:28] | But the blowback created a greater blowback | 但是这报复行动引起了一波更加可怕的报复行动 |
[29:30] | as the crowd that had gathered to hear Herbert Love speak | 在众人簇拥着Herbert Love要求听他演讲时 |
[29:33] | was whipped into a frenzy. | 报复行动便开始白热化了 |
[29:34] | Put up this wall! Put up this wall! | 建起墙来 建起墙来 |
[29:37] | And that’s when George knew he was in real trouble. | 那时老George才意识到他真的惹祸上身了 |
[29:40] | Put up this wall! | 建起墙来 |
[29:42] | Fortunately, he was able to find a disguise. | 幸运的是 他找到了伪装的工具 |
[29:48] | Oh, God. | 噢 天啊 |
[29:49] | – Unfortunately… – This feels right. | – 不幸的是 – 就是这种感觉 |
[30:00] | Lindsay surprises Michael | 就在她从Michael的生活中消失了很长一段时间之后 |
[30:02] | after a long absence from his life. | Linsay给Michael一个惊喜 |
[30:03] | Lindsay Lindsay. | |
[30:05] | It’s been a long time. | 好久不见 |
[30:06] | I know. | 对啊 |
[30:08] | Oh, this is a little embarrassing. | 噢 这有点尴尬 |
[30:10] | But I have been meaning to get down there, | 我一直都想找你的 |
[30:12] | – so let’s just… – You’re right, | – 所以咱们 – 你说得对 |
[30:14] | I mean, it’s not like we’re even technically related. | 不是说我们真的是有血缘关系的 |
[30:17] | That’s true. | 对 |
[30:18] | Okay, well, then, I’ll start with a smear. | 好了 咱们从诽谤开始说起吧 |
[30:23] | And George Sr. Gets more comfortable in hiding. | 老George找到了一个躲避的好方法 |
[30:26] | Uh, Detective Smee, Orange County Police. | 我是奥兰治的警察局的Smee探长 |
[30:28] | I need to speak with you. | 我要跟你讲话 |
[30:29] | Lucille Austero went missing last night. | Lucille Austero昨晚失踪了 |
[30:33] | – You mind if we ask you a few questions? – Oh…! | – 我可以问你几个问题吗 – 噢 |
[30:35] | I-I don’t allow men in my apartment | 我老公不在时 |
[30:36] | without my husband present. | 我不让男人进来我的房子的 |