时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Keep your eyes open. | 眼睛睁大点 |
[00:14] | All right, guys, what do we got? | 好了 兄弟们 有什么情况吗 |
[00:16] | It’s quiet out there. | 没什么动静 |
[00:18] | Stand by. | 准备行动 |
[00:20] | Yeah, we, uh, we better be ready. | 嗯 时刻准备着 |
[00:23] | Yeah, I’m a man. | 我一大老爷们儿 |
[00:25] | Don’t make it look like makeup. | 花个裸妆就好 |
[00:28] | Car. | 车来了 |
[00:30] | Car. | 车来了 |
[00:32] | Is that guy one of ours? | 那是咱们的人吗 |
[00:33] | Look at the license plate. | 看一下车牌号 |
[00:36] | Looks like we got ourselves an anus tart. | 哈哈 来了一个腥牲货 |
[00:41] | Tobias Funke was on his way to reconnect | 其实Tobias正在去找女儿的路上 |
[00:44] | with a daughter he’d lost touch with. | 想要重拾父女之情 |
[00:46] | Hey, there. It’s Big Daddy. | 喂 我是爹地 |
[00:47] | I thought I’d try to call you before I surprised you. | 我觉得我出现前先打个电话 |
[00:51] | Things are…really looking up, and… | 咱家的状况乐观了很多 |
[00:55] | Hello? Oh, damn it. | 喂 妈的 |
[00:56] | What Sudden Valley does to these cell phones. | 急急山谷这破地儿连信号没有 |
[01:00] | Unbeknownst to Tobias, however, | 但是Tobias不知道的是 |
[01:01] | the Sudden Valley home he was on his way to visit… | 他在的急急山谷的家… |
[01:04] | Anus tart is turning on Tracey Lane. | 腥牲货这变态在Tracy路转弯 |
[01:06] | …had been rented out to a television crew. | …被一帮电视台的租了下来 |
[01:09] | He’s creeping up George Michael. | 他正在接近George Michael |
[01:10] | All right, guys, let’s entrap | 好嘞 兄弟们 咱们一块儿 |
[01:11] | a local predator. | 生擒强奸犯 |
[01:12] | Come on. | 亲们抱一个 |
[01:14] | We got to put this piece of (bleep)… | 咱一定得把这变态[哔]扔进监狱 |
[01:16] | Who, what, when, where, why and how. | 时间 地点 人物 事件 原因 经过 |
[01:17] | Who, what, where, when, why and how. | 时间 地点 人物 事件 原因 经过 |
[01:19] | Who, what, when, where, why and how. | 时间 地点 人物 事件 原因 经过 |
[01:23] | Anus tart is approaching the portico. | 腥牲货正在接近门廊 |
[01:25] | Yes, Tobias was finally about to get | 是的 Tobias终于要在 |
[01:28] | a starring role on a hit TV show. | 一档热播节目里主演了 |
[01:31] | Is there a little girl here all by herself? | 有个小妹妹独自在家吗 |
[01:34] | And now the story of | 故事是关于 |
[01:35] | the awful people who are about to lose everything | 一群即将遭受制裁的变态流氓 |
[01:37] | and the one newsman who had no choice | 而一个新闻主播别无选择 |
[01:39] | but to entrap them all together. | 将他们全部绳之以法 |
[01:41] | It’s John Beard’s To Entrap a Local Predator | 欢迎收看 |
[01:43] | Supercreeps. | 奇葩怪叔叔 |
[01:46] | Now the story of a family | 故事是关于 |
[01:48] | whose future was abruptly cancelled, | 一个突然失去未来的家庭 |
[01:51] | and the one son-in-law who had no choice | 家中的女婿别无选择 |
[01:53] | but to keep himself together. | 只能重振雄风 |
[01:58] | It’s Tobias’s | 欢迎收看Tobias的 |
[01:59] | Arrested Development. | <发展受阻> |
[02:04] | Five years before Tobias was to appear | 时间回到Tobias客串 |
[02:06] | on John Beard’s TV show, | John Beard节目的五年前 |
[02:09] | his acting career was as washed up as his family | 他的演艺事业和家庭一样遭受重创 |
[02:13] | You look soaked to the bone. | 你看上去好壮硕啊 |
[02:15] | …and those men he was touching for some reason. | 还有那些他喜欢乱摸的男人 |
[02:18] | And his wife challenged him | 最终他老婆与他对质 |
[02:19] | to reexamine the other parts of his life as well. | 重新审视了他的生活 |
[02:22] | There’s nothing keeping us together. | 咱们已经没必要在一起了 |
[02:24] | It’s time to give up our dreams if they’re not working. | 如果我们之间没有火花不如放弃了 |
[02:27] | your acting career, | 你的演艺事业 |
[02:29] | this marriage that everyone thinks is a sham | 大家都觉得我们的婚姻是个幌子 |
[02:31] | because you’re gay. | 因为你是基佬 |
[02:32] | I-I’m sorry. | 等 等一下 |
[02:34] | Everyone thinks I’m gay? | 大家都觉得我是基佬 |
[02:37] | Well, I mean, it’s kind of a running joke in the family. | 都成了家里大家口耳相传的笑话 |
[02:42] | I mean, y-you know that, right? | 你应该知道 对吧 |
[02:44] | ‘Cause of the misleading way you talk sometimes. | 因为你有时候说的话容易让人误解 |
[02:47] | Oh, you’re saying the way I talk makes me sound gay? | 你是指我讲话方式像基佬吗 |
[02:50] | When in the last year have I said anything remotely mis… | 从去年算起 我哪一点有误… |
[02:54] | ? It’s just a fallacy! ? | 错错错 别误会我 |
[02:57] | …leading? Is this because I want to be an actor, | 解的话 是不是因为我想当演员 |
[02:59] | and all the leading men in Hollywood are gay? | 而好莱坞红人都是基佬吗 |
[03:01] | I don’t think that all the leading men in Hollywood are gay. | 我不觉得好莱坞里的红人都是基佬啊 |
[03:03] | Oh, honey. | 噢 小亲亲 |
[03:05] | Look, we’re chasing things that aren’t real. | 我们现在追求的是不实在的东西 |
[03:08] | Maybe we need to go out there and find out | 或许我们应该退一步 |
[03:10] | what we’re meant to do. | 了解一下我们应该怎么做 |
[03:13] | His wife was giving him the cold shoulder. | 他的热脸贴了老婆的冷屁股 |
[03:15] | And after kissing it good-bye, | 别离一吻过后 |
[03:18] | he sat with her family, feeling lost… | 他和娘家人比肩而坐 彷徨失措 |
[03:22] | Well, you look like I feel. | 你仿佛和我感同身受 |
[03:24] | …and very misunderstood. | 但也有歧义 |
[03:26] | – Gay? – No, I… No. | – 搞基么 – 不 我 不是 |
[03:31] | Tobias knew it was time to find out | Tobias终于意识到是时候 |
[03:33] | what he was truly meant to do. | 寻找他真正需要做的事 |
[03:35] | So when he came across a book | 所以当他看到命中注定 |
[03:37] | the universe had placed in his path, | 影响他一生的书时 |
[03:39] | he was open to its inspiration. | 他决定从中找到启发 |
[03:41] | Oh, they’re still reading, but… | 他们肯定还没读完 |
[03:42] | well, I guess I can leave them some love. | 但我想我可以把<爱>留给他们 |
[03:45] | So he just took “eat” and “pray.” | 所以他只拿了<饭 祷> |
[03:49] | “Eat” was easy, | 大吃一顿很简单 |
[03:50] | although it provided no cosmic answers for him. | 虽然吃没有解决他的问题 |
[03:54] | But it was the part about India that really got to him. | 但是书中有关印度的部分让他备受启发 |
[03:57] | And so, like the heroine of Eat, Pray, | 所以 他想向书中女主角看齐 |
[04:01] | Tobias decided to get as far away from his wife as possible. | 决定离他的老婆越远越好 |
[04:07] | And so Tobias found himself booking passage to India. | 紧接着Tobias开始敲定印度的行程 |
[04:12] | And soon, he discovered his wife was also | 接着他发现他老婆竟然也在 |
[04:15] | preparing to go somewhere… | 准备出发去… |
[04:17] | I think you have my suitcase. | 我觉得你拿的是我的箱子 |
[04:18] | – …far away. – I’m so sorry, Tobias. | – 很远的地方 – 对不起 Tobias |
[04:20] | Look, I’ve already packed. | 我都已经打包好了 |
[04:22] | Can I just use this one? | 你就让我用这个箱子吧 |
[04:23] | Oh, what the heck. | 唉 算了算了 |
[04:24] | I guess having matching luggage isn’t so romantic anymore. | 我感觉拥有情侣手提箱也不再浪漫了 |
[04:28] | And these romantic gestures are | 而这些浪漫的举动正是 |
[04:29] | possibly why people think I’m a homosexual. | 别人误以为我是基佬的原因 |
[04:32] | Well, it’s time to correct old misconceptions. | 好吧 是时候更正错误了 |
[04:36] | And that is why I’m making a new start. | 所以我要开始新生活 |
[04:39] | Oh, a new start. | 喔 新生活 |
[04:41] | Filled with compassion and love. | 充满了包容和爱 |
[04:43] | – I like that. – Well, I’ve already got the license plate, | – 我喜欢 – 我已经拿到车牌了 |
[04:45] | so go cry in your pie! | 你丫哭去吧 |
[04:47] | And so Tobias, hoping to | Tobias 希望调整成 |
[04:49] | “straighten out” his image, set out on a new start, | 直男形象 开始新生活 |
[04:54] | beginning with a trip to the airport in an outfit | 从去机场的行头开始下手 |
[04:57] | he pretty much put together himself. | 他差不多自己整的造型 |
[04:59] | Well, I guess this is why | 我估计这就是为什么 |
[05:00] | you never see them driving convertibles. | 没见过印度阿三开敞篷车 |
[05:03] | I’ll have to check on that one. | 我得再做做调查 |
[05:04] | But it certainly wasn’t embraced… | 但这行头没有肯定受到… |
[05:06] | Stay in your lane, anus tart! | 你他妈的变什么道啊 腥牲货 |
[05:07] | (bleep) anus tart! | [哔]腥牲货 |
[05:08] | …by the local Indian community. | …当地印度人的欢迎 |
[05:09] | You have the true sense of the oneness of all. | 您懂得了一视同仁的真理 |
[05:11] | And his quest hit a bump early on, | 虽然他的计划受到一点小挫折 |
[05:13] | as he struggled to learn the customs and gestures of | 他还是极力学习相关的习俗 |
[05:16] | – the culture he hoped to adopt. – Oh, goddamn it! | – 和文化理念 – 我天啊 |
[05:19] | Am I the only one who still dresses to fly? | 只有我一个人为乘飞机而打扮么 |
[05:23] | Well, there we go. India clean. | 好嘞 这样就行了 印度标准的清洁如新 |
[05:27] | Now, how did I… No. No. | 那 我该怎么 不对 不对 |
[05:30] | Unfortunately, recreating the look of the traditional | 不幸的是 重新打造印度范儿 |
[05:33] | -Are you finished? -…Indian garb turned out to be more difficult… | – 你用完了吗 – …却并不容易 |
[05:36] | I look like one of those hot guys from Spartacus. | 看起来跟斯巴达克斯里的帅哥似的 |
[05:38] | …without the aid of Pradeep, the helpful Indian salesman… | 少了家私店里的印度售货员Pradeep |
[05:41] | I feel like there was less up top. | 我觉得上面穿的有点少 |
[05:43] | …at Bed, Bath & Beyond, who helped him learn how to tie it. | 的帮助 Tobias的印度装穿不回来了 |
[05:47] | Ah, got it, okay. | 好了 这就行了 |
[05:51] | Yes, I actually like this better. | 我觉得这样穿更好 |
[05:52] | Yes? | 我好了 |
[05:56] | Canadian? | 你加拿大人吗 |
[05:58] | No, I’m American. | 不是 我美国人 |
[05:59] | Oh, yeah. I’m Canadian. | 这样啊 我加拿大人 |
[06:02] | Oh. Sorry. | 哦 借过 |
[06:03] | But because it was a long flight, | 因为长途旅行的关系 |
[06:05] | he figured he’d wait a beat on finding his true calling | 他觉得暂时搁下寻找人生的意义 |
[06:08] | and watch something to take his mind off Lindsay… | 先看看电影 不再去想Lindsay |
[06:09] | How could they not have Failure to Launch? | 怎么连<赖家王老五>都没有 |
[06:12] | …who he knew was far away at the time. | 那个他以为滚得很远的老婆 |
[06:14] | Goddamn it. | 妈的 |
[06:19] | And after taking the wrong bag at the airport… | 在机场误领了彼此的行李后 |
[06:22] | All unattended goats will be confiscated. | 无人照管的山羊将会被没收 |
[06:25] | Tobias finally arrived… | Tobias终于来到了… |
[06:27] | And so Tobias Funke embarked on a– | Tobias Funke到此一… |
[06:30] | Oh, dear, Lord, it’s… hot! | 我的天呀 热死了 |
[06:34] | …in India, yes, where he was very uncomfortable. | 印度 这个让他浑身不适的地方 |
[06:37] | Not only because the wind whipped up | 不仅仅因为风吹起了 |
[06:39] | his queen-sized fitted mini-sarong, | 他的双人床罩式迷你纱笼 |
[06:41] | but because he looked the wrong direction | 还因为他过马路时 |
[06:44] | when stepping into the street. | 没看对方向 |
[06:46] | And so Tobias experienced India | 结果Tobias只能从 |
[06:49] | from the inside of a hospital room, | 医院里体验印度文化了 |
[06:51] | where the staff was being trained… | 医院里的职工竟然… |
[06:52] | This man here broke his skull in two places. | 这个人的头骨骨折两处 |
[06:54] | …by the same doctor he’d had in America. | 在他的美国医生手下受训 |
[06:56] | Once outside the airport | 一处在出机场时受伤 |
[06:57] | and once in the elevator when his sheet got caught | 另一处是电梯里时他的床单卡住 |
[07:00] | – and he was pulled off his gurney. – Literally. | – 他生生被拽下了急救床 – 确实如此 |
[07:03] | Two places indeed. | 真是伤在两处了 |
[07:04] | This is very funny. | 真有意思 |
[07:05] | It’s like that new show we just caught, Laugh-In. | 就像那个咱们看的新节目 逗你玩 |
[07:08] | My name is… | 我叫… |
[07:11] | Now I’ve broken my skull in a third place! | 我又有一处头骨骨折 |
[07:13] | On this elephant guy statue! | 我跌在这个象人雕像上了 |
[07:16] | Tobias had wanted the universe to provide him a sign. | Tobias一直希望宇宙能够指点他 |
[07:19] | You should be a comedy actor. | 你不做喜剧演员白瞎了 |
[07:21] | And finally it had. | 终于宇宙提供了开示 |
[07:22] | This is the sign I’ve been… | 这是命定的答案啊 我一直… |
[07:25] | Looking for. | 在寻找 |
[07:26] | And after two more weeks in the hospital, | 在医院做了两周病号后 |
[07:29] | it was time for his flight home. | 也该返程回家了 |
[07:31] | And that’s when he got another sign. | 这时候他又收到了第二个预兆 |
[07:35] | A call from Lindsay. | Lindsay的电话 |
[07:38] | Although he wouldn’t be able to reach the phone for hours… | 虽然他却因为受伤的脊椎 |
[07:39] | I’m ready to make this work. | 我准备好重修我们的关系 |
[07:41] | …due to his already weakened spine. | 久久拿不到手机 |
[07:47] | Tobias and Lindsay | Tobias和Lindsay |
[07:49] | shared the news of their new start | 在家庭会议上分享了 |
[07:51] | at a family gathering. | 他们关于新生活的想法 |
[07:52] | I got the part. | 我拿到角色了 |
[07:54] | You know, it’s funny, for I, too, find that | 挺好玩的 我也发现 |
[07:56] | I am on a journey. | 自己也人在旅途 |
[07:57] | Although, as we discovered | 虽然 我们发现了 |
[07:59] | when our MasterCard bill came back, | 在信用卡账单寄过来后 |
[08:00] | it was the same one she took. | 原来我们去了同一个地方 |
[08:02] | But mine has confirmed that I should | 但是我已经确定我应该 |
[08:04] | redouble my efforts to achieve | 加倍努力 达到 |
[08:06] | the unachievable dream of being an actor. | 那个难以追寻的梦 做一名演员 |
[08:10] | A journey that has left me eager | 这份旅程让我渴望 |
[08:13] | to connect with my true love. | 与我的真爱重修旧好 |
[08:17] | Particularly if she finds her… | 特别是她想办法 |
[08:19] | way clear to covering a 2, 000-rupee | 解决了一笔2000卢比的 |
[08:22] | City of Hopelessness hospital debt. | 绝望之都的医院账单 |
[08:24] | The trick is going to be getting anyone to believe | 秘诀应该是说服别人 |
[08:26] | that her husband is straight enough | 她的老公是直的 |
[08:28] | to have a true love that’s a woman. | 而且真爱是女人 |
[08:30] | What are you implying? | 你怎么话中带话啊 |
[08:31] | Oh, I don’t think there was any implying going on at all. | 我不觉得话里有话 |
[08:33] | Didn’t hear any implying. | 没感觉暗示别的内容 |
[08:35] | -I wasn’t implying. -I’m sorry, Mother. | – 我没暗示别的 – 对不起 岳母大人 |
[08:37] | It’s just, I’ve got a bit of a stick | 就因为我菊花里 |
[08:39] | up my “bunghole” about what I’ve now found | 插过棍子 然后就发现 |
[08:40] | is a running joke about me. | 你们嘲笑我 |
[08:43] | But let’s be honest. | 但是敞开天窗说亮话 |
[08:45] | For 2,000 rupees, we’d both | 要是为了2000卢比 |
[08:46] | go down on Matthew McConaughey. | 谁都愿意给Mattthew McConaughey吹箫 |
[08:48] | Yes, Michael? | 是吧 Michael |
[08:49] | At the time of this family meeting, | 按家庭聚会当时的汇率算 |
[08:51] | 2, 000 rupees was $36. | 2000卢比就是36美金 |
[08:54] | I wouldn’t. | 我不会的 |
[08:56] | Of course you wouldn’t, Michael. | 你当然不会了 Michael |
[08:57] | You never accept help from anyone. | 谁的帮助你都不接受 |
[08:59] | And hoping to do things differently this time, | 希望不重蹈覆辙的 |
[09:02] | Lindsay immediately started spending money she didn’t have. | Lindsay马上开始超支消费 |
[09:05] | Are you ready to make a move? | 你准备好买房了吗 |
[09:06] | As you can see, I’m ready for a lot that’s new. | 你应该看得出来 我准备好接受新事物了 |
[09:11] | Oh, good heavens. | 老天爷啊 |
[09:12] | While Tobias pursued the life of a professional actor. | 当Tobias追求 成为职业演员时 |
[09:16] | Listen, I’m an actor, you’re an agent. | 哥是演员 兄弟你是经纪人 |
[09:18] | You do the math. I want you to represent me. | 你懂的 我希望你做我的经纪人 |
[09:21] | In other words, you do the math– | 也就是说 这账你心里清楚 |
[09:23] | the money, the negotiating. | 处理票子 动嘴皮子 |
[09:25] | You know I’m not that kind of agent, right? | 你知道我不是演员经纪人 对吧 |
[09:27] | I’m a real estate agent. I’m a predator. | 我是房产经纪人 我搞高利贷的 |
[09:29] | I sell giant houses to very poor people | 我靠卖豪宅给 |
[09:31] | who can’t afford them with predatory loans. | 付不起贷款的穷人捞钱 |
[09:33] | No, see, that’s the money stuff i don’t understand. | 听我说 这些钱上的东西 我搞不懂 |
[09:34] | All you need to do is tell people what a terrific actor I am | 你只要说服别人我是个很棒的演员 |
[09:37] | cause I can’t do it believably. | 因为我说服不了 |
[09:39] | What do you say? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[09:40] | Sounds like it shouldn’t be too much work. | 听起来是个轻松活计 |
[09:42] | Huzzah! Okay, here’s the number | 耶 这是我现任的 |
[09:44] | of my current agent Mike Matthews. | 经纪人Mike Matthews的电话 |
[09:46] | He’s at Allstate. Fire him. | 他在保险公司上班 炒了他 |
[09:51] | Tobias started seeing positive career signs everywhere… | Tobias开始寻找利于他职业发展的预兆 |
[09:54] | …decorating my quarters. | 几毛钱送你们 不用谢了 |
[09:55] | …he chose to put them. | 他把预兆摆在家里 |
[09:58] | – And at his new agent’s suggestion… – Hi. I’m after pending. | – 听信了新经纪人的建议 – 我正在接戏 |
[10:01] | …he even snuck on to a studio lot to hand out head shots | 他甚至偷溜到摄影棚分发大头照 |
[10:05] | – to extras and other show business insiders. – Taft-Hartley pending. | – 给路人或者其他演艺圈人员 – 闲的要命 |
[10:09] | Things were looking up for the Funkes. | 事情迎来了转机 |
[10:12] | They even celebrated their first | 他们甚至还为了感恩节 |
[10:13] | – home-cooked Thanksgiving. – Including duck l’orange. | – 做了些家常菜 – 鲜橙烩鸭 请慢用 |
[10:19] | Lindsay! Lindsay, get the scooper! | Lindsay Lindsay 拿勺过来 |
[10:21] | Throw oranges at it. | 冲它扔橘子 |
[10:23] | Hot orange! Hot orange. | 烫橘子 烫橘子 |
[10:25] | All right… | 好吧 |
[10:26] | It’s throwing its voice! | 它喊不动了 |
[10:28] | – Oh! – Lindsay! | – 噢 – Lindsay |
[10:32] | And so they went to the Fountain Valley China Garden instead. | 他们最后去了喷泉谷的中国园吃饭 |
[10:36] | And if the collapse of the housing market, | 房产市场崩溃 |
[10:38] | – his lack of auditions… – Tobias Funke. | – 加上没有任何试镜 – 我叫Tobias Funke |
[10:41] | or even the writers’ strike | 还有编剧大罢工 |
[10:43] | couldn’t deter Tobias from his dream, | 都阻挡不了Tobias的决心 |
[10:45] | the suicide of his ruined | 而他抑郁的经纪人的自杀 |
[10:47] | and despondent agent certainly could. | 本可以打击Tobias |
[10:49] | I believe he died as a warning, in a way, his message perhaps | 我相信他的死是一个凶兆 他想要传达 |
[10:53] | to live within our means | 活在现实 脚踏实地 |
[10:55] | and be realistic about our lives. | 这样的信息 |
[10:58] | And yet it didn’t. | 但还是没有 |
[11:00] | Well, then I shall redouble my efforts | 我觉得我应该再加倍努力 |
[11:02] | so that he died in vain. | 让他白死 |
[11:07] | Meaning he will have led a pointless life, | 我是说他过着一个 |
[11:09] | is what I mean. | 毫无意义的生活 |
[11:10] | Yes, carry on. Thank you. | 请继续 谢谢 |
[11:12] | And he soon found himself | 他很快带着 |
[11:14] | bringing his wife to an acting class | 老婆到一个演员训练班 |
[11:16] | in an effort to jump-start his career and marriage. | 为了打造事业和婚姻的新起点 |
[11:19] | If everyone’s good,you’ll get your juice. | 如果大家表现好 就能喝到特殊饮料 |
[11:21] | What did you say the name of this acting class was again? | 你说这个培训班名字叫什么来着 |
[11:24] | Method One Clinic. | 方法演技课 |
[11:25] | Okay, I’m gonna go get coffee. | 好吧 我去买杯咖啡 |
[11:27] | Garden Grove Method One Clinic. | 格罗夫园方法演技课 |
[11:30] | And Tobias found himself captivated by one of the monologues. | Tobias发现自己被一个独白所吸引 |
[11:33] | And I made it in that movie, the Fantastic Four, | 我曾经在电影里演出过 神奇四侠 |
[11:37] | uh, but it wasn’t fantastic for me. | 但是这段经历对我来说并不神奇 |
[11:39] | Uh, I got carried away. | 之后我就变了个人 |
[11:41] | And I’m like, “This (bleep) is (bleep) up, | 我觉得 这[哔]生活已经太[哔]了 |
[11:43] | “and I’ve got to get my (bleep) together | 我必须重回[哔]人生轨道 |
[11:46] | or I’m gonna be (bleep), too.” | 不然我就[哔]了 |
[11:48] | Anyways, now I’m sober, and I’m trying. | 反正 我现在已经戒了 |
[11:51] | It’s… super hard. | 戒的很辛苦 |
[11:54] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[11:55] | It was a devastating and personal story. | 这是一个很凄惨的真人真事 |
[11:58] | Okay, notes: | 几点建议 |
[11:59] | um, first of all, it seemed you were slurring a bit there, | 第一 你看起来有点轻蔑 |
[12:02] | and I just think you’d have so much more fun | 我只是觉得如果你能够 |
[12:04] | punching those… those words. | 让台词掷地有声 |
[12:06] | Get it out there. | 全都发泄出来 |
[12:07] | “This (bleep) is (bleep) up, sir.” | 这[哔]生活已经太[哔]了 |
[12:10] | I’m-I’m sorry. I’m not familiar with the piece, so… | 不好意思 我对这个段不太熟悉 |
[12:12] | No, no, that’s it. | 不不不 你说的很对 |
[12:14] | But I am familiar with your work in the Fantastic Four, however. | 我很熟悉神奇四侠中你的角色 |
[12:17] | – You’ve seen that? – Of course I have. | – 你看过吗 – 当然 |
[12:19] | 20 years earlier, DeBrie Bardeaux | 20年前 Debrie Bardeaux |
[12:21] | had played Sue Storm in the low-budget version | 在一出低成本版的神奇四侠 |
[12:24] | of the Fantastic Four, | 中饰演了Sue Storm |
[12:26] | produced by Imagine Entertainment, | 这部电影是由Imagine Entertainment制片的 |
[12:28] | when, during Imagine’s Christmas party, | 在Imagine的圣诞趴体上 |
[12:30] | a drunk lawyer reminded them they’d lose the rights | 一个酒醉的律师提醒他们如果不在 |
[12:32] | if they didn’t make the film in the next six days. | 六天内完成就会失去版权 |
[12:35] | After a two-hour search, they found their entire cast. | 经过两个小时的试镜 演员齐了 |
[12:39] | They also proved useful six days later at the wrap party. | 演员们在六天后的杀青宴上又派上用场 |
[12:42] | I almost never get recognized as the Invisible Girl. | 我几乎没有被人认出来我演的隐形女 |
[12:46] | I can’t believe you saw me. | 我真不敢相信你认得出我 |
[12:47] | Well, I-I thought it was “fantastic.” | 我 我觉得这电影还是很”神奇”的 |
[12:50] | Actually, most of the performance | 其实 大部分吸引住 |
[12:52] | that had so captivated Tobias… | Tobias的表演 |
[12:54] | Hey, maybe she came into this Light Bulbs Unlimited. | 可能她变身成了这个灯泡 |
[12:56] | She was here a minute ago. | 她钢材还在这儿来着 |
[12:57] | …was performed by a fishing line. | 都是由一根鱼线完成的 |
[12:59] | This is the gayest Starbucks ever! | 这他妈是最基的星巴克了 |
[13:02] | Did his fishing line break, too? | 他的鱼线断了吗 |
[13:04] | Well, my acting career is over. | 我的星途结束了 |
[13:06] | Oh, don’t say that. You’ve got to say, “Keep the dream alive.” | 别这么说 你要觉得 梦永不灭 |
[13:09] | That’s what helps me. | 对我来说有帮助 |
[13:11] | Well, this is what’s helping me. | 这个对我才有帮助 |
[13:13] | -Oh. -It’s really good. | – 哦 – 很好喝 |
[13:14] | Carl Weathers used to give us grape juice. | Carl Weathers曾经给我们喝葡萄汁 |
[13:16] | But then he’d add five dollars to our credit card. | 但是他会从我们信用卡上扣五块钱 |
[13:19] | Well, here is to our acting addiction. | 好吧 为了我们的戏瘾干杯 |
[13:22] | Yep. | 好嘞 |
[13:23] | May we never be cured. | 希望我们永远都戒不掉 |
[13:25] | Are you crying? Oh, I’m crying. | 你在哭吗 哦 是我在哭啊 |
[13:28] | Oh, it’s a nosebleed. | 哦 我流鼻血了 |
[13:32] | Oh, thank you so much. | 太感谢你了 |
[13:34] | Tobias had found a friend. | 交到了个朋友 |
[13:36] | – You’re neat! – You’re neat. | – 你真赞 – 你也赞 |
[13:37] | You’re neat. | 是你赞 |
[13:39] | You’re neat. | 是你赞 |
[13:42] | And after a not-very-cute meet-cute, | 一个并不浪漫的初见后 |
[13:45] | Tobias continued to find DeBrie’s behavior delightful, | Tobias还是觉得DeBrie动作妩媚 |
[13:48] | even when the methadone made her think | 甚至她的犯毒瘾时 |
[13:50] | she was a piece of toast. | 觉得自己变成了面包 |
[13:53] | There, now I can see | 好了 我现在终于 |
[13:54] | a pretty face under all that butter substitute. | 看到黄油底下的漂亮脸蛋儿了 |
[13:57] | And I recognize you from somewhere, | 我觉得你很眼熟 |
[13:59] | but it’s not the Fantastic Four; it’s from somewhere else. | 除了神奇四侠电影里 我觉得在哪儿还见过你 |
[14:03] | I’ve done some things I’m not proud of. | 我演过一些不入流的东西 |
[14:05] | Episodics? Been there. | 插播节目? 我也演过 |
[14:07] | It wasn’t episodic. | 并不是插播节目 |
[14:10] | She had been in a series of soft-core porn movies | 她出演过一系列色情电影 |
[14:13] | about women leading straight men into gay sex, | 讲述把直男扳弯的女人 |
[14:15] | – This is my brother. He’s gay. – called Straight Bait. | – 这是我弟弟 他是基佬 – 片名是直男之饵 |
[14:17] | If you want to have sex with me, | 如果你想和我来一发 |
[14:19] | then you’ve got to have sex with him first. | 就得先和他来一发 |
[14:22] | And if you don’t want to have sex with her, you must be gay. | 如果你不想和她搞的话 那你肯定是基佬 |
[14:24] | I’ll show you how not gay I am. | 让你们见识一下 我有多基 |
[14:29] | She did six of these movies, | 她参与了六部电影 |
[14:31] | and after lunch, did three more. | 午饭过后 又拍了三部 |
[14:34] | It’s nice to be recognized though. | 被人认出来感觉真好 |
[14:36] | Marky Bark– sometimes he doesn’t know | Marky Bark有时候连我们同处一室 |
[14:38] | when I’m in the same room. | 的时候都不知道 |
[14:40] | And sometimes it feels like | 有时候感觉像是 |
[14:41] | it’s not the face blindness, you know? | 并不是脸盲症的原故 |
[14:43] | It’s the same with me and Lindsay. | 我和Lindsay也是这样 |
[14:45] | I know she’s trying, but she doesn’t believe | 我知道她很尽力 但是她不相信 |
[14:47] | in my acting career. | 我可以成就演艺事业 |
[14:49] | Maybe she’s right. I’ve yet to make more money as an actor | 可能她说得对 我做医生的时候比 |
[14:52] | than I ever did as a doctor. | 做演员挣得更多 |
[14:54] | And that’s with Country-Wide behind me. | 而且算是这国家的高收入人群 |
[14:56] | You’re… wait, you’re a doctor? You can write scripts? | 你是 等一下 你是医生 你可以开药吗 |
[14:58] | Well, I like to think so. | 嗯 我能开 |
[15:00] | You should never give up a dream if you can write scripts. | 如果你能开处方的话 你就不应该放弃梦想 |
[15:03] | You seem like you’d be a good doctor/actor. | 你看起来是个优秀的医生兼演员 |
[15:06] | It was the first positive reinforcement | 这是Tobias在印度之行之后 |
[15:09] | Tobias had had since India. | 收到的第一份正面肯定 |
[15:11] | You remind me of Billy Crystal… Mmm, mmm! | 你让我想起了Billy Crystal M… |
[15:17] | It would have broken Tobias’s heart if he knew | 如果Tobias发现她要说的是 |
[15:19] | she was about to say “Billy Crystal Meth,” | Billy Crystal Meth一个幽默的毒贩 |
[15:22] | a funny drug dealer. | 一定会心碎的 |
[15:23] | Uh, I… got a bit carried away | 当你把我比作Billly Crystal时 |
[15:25] | when you compared me to Billy Crystal. | 我有点轻飘飘的 |
[15:27] | You remind me of Billy Crystal… | 你让我想起来Billy Crystal… |
[15:29] | Once again, she was going to say “Billy Crystal Meth.” | 她还是想说Billy Crystal Meth |
[15:33] | I’m sorry, but, DeBrie, I-I’ve never met anyone | 对不起 但是 Debrie 我从没遇过一个 |
[15:36] | who understands me like you do. | 能像你这么了解我的人 |
[15:38] | – Or at all. – Maybe, with someone like you, | – 没人了解我 – 或许和你在一起 |
[15:40] | I could have a new start. | 我可以重新开始 |
[15:45] | Did you see my license plate– “A-N-U-S-T-A-R-T”? | 你看到我的车牌了吗 ANUSTART |
[15:51] | Did you see my Straight Bait movie of the same name? | 你看过我的直男之饵系列吗 |
[15:55] | Coincidence. | 命中注定 |
[15:57] | We should be together. | 我们应该在一起的 |
[15:59] | We should run away. | 我们应该私奔 |
[16:02] | Oh, my gosh. | 我的天啊 |
[16:03] | Well, this is happening so fast. | 咱们进行的太快了 |
[16:05] | Well, what do I do about Lindsay? | 那我和lindsay怎么办 |
[16:06] | I mean, can I just improv my way out of a marriage? | 我是说 我能随意放任摆脱婚姻吗 |
[16:10] | Yes, and… let’s do this. | 好吧 咱们私奔吧 |
[16:13] | Blackout. | 晕了 |
[16:15] | Unaware that a similar | Tobias对易货餐馆里发生的 |
[16:16] | off-menu swap had just occurred at Swappigans, | 夫妇对换不知情 |
[16:19] | Tobias broke the news | Tobias通过手机留言 |
[16:20] | that he was leaving Lindsay in a phone call. | 告诉Lindsay这个消息 |
[16:23] | …for I have met someone. | 我遇到了更合适的人 |
[16:24] | It’s not important who it is. | 她是谁不重要 |
[16:26] | It’s Sue Storm. | 其实是Sue Storm |
[16:27] | I’m so sorry, but DeBrie believes in me, | 对不起 但是Debrie相信我能成功 |
[16:30] | and she stopped my heart, too. | 她也让我心脏停止了 |
[16:32] | If you’re wondering what “too” referred to, it was this: | 如果你在想”也”指什么 它是指 |
[16:35] | Let’s do this. | 咱们私奔吧 |
[16:36] | Blackout. | 晕了 |
[16:38] | End scene, as they say. | 落幕 |
[16:40] | Her heart stopped! She-She’s dying! | 她心脏停跳了 她快死了 |
[16:41] | Please, someone! She had too much butter! | 来人啊 她吃了太多黄油 |
[16:44] | – She’s a very famous actress! – Someone say “butter” out here? | – 她是有名的演员 – 有人提到黄油了吗 |
[16:45] | Oh, my God, that’s a butter face. | 哦 我的天啊 这确实是黄油中毒的症状 |
[16:47] | – How much butter did the patient have? – I don’t know. | – 她吃了多少 – 我不知道 |
[16:49] | A Star Trek chess set’s worth. | 跟星际迷航象棋等价那么多的 |
[16:51] | Damn it, that Swappigans puts more people in this hospital. | 妈的 那个易货餐馆 让多少顾客进医院了 |
[16:53] | Make way, people! We got a 61-year-old male | 让一下 给一个61岁的心脏停跳的 |
[16:55] | in full cardiac arrest coming through. | 老人让让道 |
[16:56] | You have to wait outside, sir. | 你必须在外面等 |
[16:57] | Be careful of her face! | 小心她的脸 |
[16:59] | She’s an actress! | 她可是靠脸吃饭的 |
[17:02] | It’s worth noting that Tobias | 值得注意的是 Tobias听说 |
[17:04] | had heard this hospital in Orange County | 这家奥兰治县的医院 |
[17:06] | was a favorite of show business big shots | 是娱乐圈大佬们整容时 |
[17:09] | seeking plastic surgery. | 最喜欢的地方 |
[17:10] | We’re both actors! | 我们都是演员啊 |
[17:18] | On the day of Lucille’s trial, | 在Lucille案子审理的这天 |
[17:20] | Tobias was in a hospital with a woman | Tobias在医院陪着一个 |
[17:22] | he’d both fallen for and had rushed into an ICU. | 他深爱着的 并且进了加护病房的女人 |
[17:25] | See? Makeup makes everyone feel a little better. | 是吧 画个妆让每个人都能感觉更好 |
[17:27] | You didn’t leave me. | 你没有丢下我 |
[17:29] | Everybody leaves me. | 每个人都不要我 |
[17:31] | I’ve been left in Dumpsters and on a curb and… | 我曾被遗弃在垃圾堆里 扔在路边… |
[17:34] | Oh, I wouldn’t dream of it. | 我想都不会想 |
[17:36] | Excuse me. Could you, uh, leave us alone for… | 打扰了 能让我们单独说句话吗 |
[17:38] | – Yeah, absolutely, yes. – Thank you. | – 没问题 – 谢谢 |
[17:40] | Oh, no, I-I’d like him to-to stay. | 我其实想让他留下来 |
[17:42] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的吗 – 嗯 |
[17:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:45] | I’m afraid that you have | 我担心你已经被确诊 |
[17:46] | tested positive for chlamydia, syphilis, | 感染衣原体 梅毒 |
[17:48] | gonorrhea, hepatitis, pancreatitis, | 还有淋病 肝炎 胰腺炎 |
[17:49] | trichomonitis, nongonococcal urethritis. | 滴虫病 尿道炎 |
[17:53] | All the itises, really, and there’s also | 所有能得的炎症都得了 |
[17:56] | a host of osises. | 还有一系列病变 |
[17:57] | Now, what this means in nonmedical terms | 通俗来讲 |
[17:59] | is that you have landed, uh, a real party girl. | 你交了个派对女郎 |
[18:02] | Well, will she be okay? | 那 那她会好起来吗 |
[18:03] | Well, we can treat all of these things, | 我们能治疗这些病 |
[18:05] | but if she’s really gonna be okay, | 但是如果想要达到健康的状态 |
[18:07] | uh, she’s gonna have to tackle this drug problem. | 她必须得解决毒瘾的问题 |
[18:09] | You didn’t tell me you had a drug problem. | 你没告诉我你有毒瘾 |
[18:11] | We met at a methadone clinic. | 我们是在戒毒中心遇到的 |
[18:13] | Are you high? | 你嗨了吗 |
[18:14] | We met at an acting class. | 我们是在表演课上遇到的 |
[18:16] | The Method One… | 美沙一 |
[18:17] | There it is. I’m gonna let you guys, uh, hash this out. | 我就说吧 你们自己解决这问题吧 |
[18:20] | I guess I shouldn’t have lied about being clean | 我估计我不应该在戒毒的问题上说谎 |
[18:22] | when I took that methadone, but I’ll do better this time. | 回到戒毒中心 我会努力戒毒 |
[18:26] | Or are you gonna leave me | 还是你会离开我 |
[18:27] | now that you know that I’m a druggie? | 既然你觉得我是个吸毒的 |
[18:29] | DeBrie, look, some people struggle with addiction, | Debrie 有些人为了戒除毒瘾抗战 |
[18:32] | other people are incapable of ever being nude. | 有些人永远都没法裸体 |
[18:35] | Everybody has something. | 每个人都有黑暗的部分 |
[18:37] | And it’s my professional opinion that your drug use | 根据我的专业 我觉得你滥用毒品 |
[18:40] | is a direct result of your abandoning your dream of acting. | 是你放弃演艺事业的直接原因 |
[18:44] | You are a gifted actress. | 你是个很有天分的演员 |
[18:45] | When I first saw Straight Bait, | 当我第一次看到直男之饵时 |
[18:47] | there were two men making love, | 两个男人在嘿咻 |
[18:49] | but I couldn’t take my eyes off of you. | 但是我的视线无法离开你 |
[18:51] | You watched Straight Bait? | 你看过直男之饵 |
[18:53] | Oh, just2, 4 and 9. | 嗯 就看过第2 第4 第9部 |
[18:54] | You were with a guy who didn’t care about you. | 你过去和那些不关心你的男人在一起 |
[18:56] | But stick with me, and I’ll make you famous. | 但是 跟了我 我会让你出名 |
[19:00] | By cashing in on your most celebrated role. | 靠旧角色重整旗鼓 |
[19:03] | Come one, come all! | 瞧一瞧 看一看啊 |
[19:05] | Get your photo taken with Sue Storm | 跟Sue Storm拍照了啊 |
[19:07] | from the Fantastic Four! | 神奇四侠之一 |
[19:09] | Hey, is that Jessica Alba? | 嗨 您是杰西卡艾尔巴吗 |
[19:10] | No, this is the original Sue Storm, DeBrie Bardeaux! | 不 这是Debrie Bardeaux扮演的原版的Sue Storm |
[19:13] | – Who? – The original Sue Storm, | – 谁 – 原版Sue Storm |
[19:15] | DeBrie Bardeaux. She– No, no! | Debrie Bardeaux 她 别 |
[19:17] | No free pictures, kids! | 别拍了 |
[19:18] | No, no, scram! | 退散 |
[19:19] | Get out of here! Go! | 走走走 |
[19:20] | Go, get out of here. | 快点走 赶紧的 |
[19:21] | I don’t think this is working. | 我觉得这样没用 |
[19:23] | Maybe I need to get a regular job. | 我可能需要个正经工作 |
[19:25] | I do have a law degree. | 我法学院出身 |
[19:27] | I know, I know, and I’m a doctor. | 我知道 我知道 我自己也是医生 |
[19:29] | But no, let’s not settle. | 但是 别就这么放弃了 |
[19:31] | Look, it’s the Fantastic Four. | 神奇四侠是四个人 |
[19:33] | No one recognizes one alone. | 就你一个没人认得出来 |
[19:36] | I’ve got an idea. | 我有主意了 |
[19:37] | Ten dollars gets you a picture with real Hollywood characters! | 10块钱就可以和好莱坞电影英雄合影 |
[19:40] | What do you say? Ten dollars. | 你觉得如何 十块钱 |
[19:42] | That’s certainly cheap. | 太便宜了 |
[19:43] | Oh! Hello, young man, | 你好 小伙子 |
[19:45] | and his… uncle? Neighbor? | 您是他的叔叔 邻居 |
[19:47] | Father. | 孩儿他爹 |
[19:48] | Oh! That’s terrific. | 太棒了 |
[19:50] | Well, how would you like | 你们想不想 |
[19:51] | to have your picture taken | 和好莱坞电影里的角色 |
[19:52] | with real Hollywood movie land characters? | 照张相呢 |
[19:55] | Are you the Smurfs? | 你们是蓝精灵吗 |
[19:57] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[19:58] | They’re the Ambiguously Gay Duo. | 他们肯定是搅基双侠 |
[20:00] | Oh, I assure you, | 我保证 |
[20:01] | there’s nothing ambiguous about me. | 哥是直男 |
[20:03] | I’m Johnny Storm, the human flamer. | 我是Johnny Storm 霹雳火 |
[20:05] | And this is Sue Storm, my sister and fellow fighter-in-law. | 这是Sue Storm 我妹妹 联手打击敌人 |
[20:09] | Now watch as I get– no, I have special effects! | 我还有 我有特效 |
[20:11] | Look, children love fire. | 孩子们都喜欢玩火 |
[20:14] | This isn’t working either. | 这还是没用 |
[20:15] | You’re right. | 是啊 |
[20:17] | Two people in blue doesn’t say Fantastic Four. | 两个蓝衣服还是不像神奇四侠 |
[20:20] | You know what though? | 你知道吗 |
[20:21] | I think I may have just the thing. | 我觉得我知道怎么办了 |
[20:24] | Just “the thing.” | 就这么着 |
[20:28] | Now that I’m the iconic rock man The Thing, | 现在我是经典的石头人 |
[20:31] | no one will misunderstand. | 现在没人会误会了 |
[20:32] | I’m sure the Blues Brothers here will know who we are. | 我相信布鲁斯哥俩会知道我们扮谁 |
[20:35] | Excuse me, are you Sue Storm and The Thing? | 你们是Sue Storm和石头人吗 |
[20:37] | Oh, who’s smart now? | 哈哈 还是我聪明吧 |
[20:39] | Indeed we are. | 我们正是 |
[20:40] | In fact, they were orthodox members of the law firm | 其实 他们是Feinberg, Feinberg, Feinberg & Feinberg |
[20:43] | Feinberg, Feinberg, Feinberg & Feinberg. | 律师事务所的雇员 |
[20:45] | We represent Stan Lee and Marvel Enterprises. | 我们代表Stan Lee和Marvel娱乐公司 |
[20:48] | This is a cease and desist | 这是一份停止侵权令 |
[20:50] | ordering you to stop impersonating | 要求你们停止扮演 |
[20:51] | any of our trademark characters. | 我们旗下的人物 |
[20:53] | Oh, let me take a look at that. | 我来看一下 |
[20:55] | I have a law degree. | 我有法律文凭 |
[20:56] | No, DeBrie, I’ve got this. | 不用了 Debrie 我来就行 |
[20:57] | Mr. Feinberg? | Feinberg先生 |
[20:59] | Uh, would it change your mind | 如果我送您Sue Storm的臂章 |
[21:01] | if I offered you a free Sue Storm armband? | 您会撤回停止令吗 |
[21:05] | It did not change his mind. | 贿赂没起作用 |
[21:07] | And although the hate crime charges were dismissed, | 虽然没有追究过激报复 |
[21:10] | they were told they could not continue | 但是他们被警告不能继续 |
[21:11] | to pose as the Fantastic Four. | 扮成神奇四侠 |
[21:13] | Can they really make us leave Hollywood Boulevard? | 他们真能把咱从星光大道上撵走么 |
[21:16] | Well, apparently in this instance, paper beats rock. | 明显在这种情况下 布包的住石头 |
[21:19] | You have a rock? | 你有石头 |
[21:20] | No, I am your rock now. | 我是你的磐石 |
[21:22] | Oh. | 噢 |
[21:23] | So what are we gonna do | 那我们现在怎么办 |
[21:24] | now that we don’t have the rights? | 我们没有任何版权 |
[21:26] | Well, we just go off-brand. | 只能山寨一下了 |
[21:28] | Uh, we’ll just change the names and do a cheap generic knockoff. | 我们可以改个名儿 然后重组个山寨的 |
[21:31] | Kids don’t care. | 小孩儿们又不懂 |
[21:33] | Tobias took them down to a street | 他们来到哈勃大街 |
[21:35] | near Harbor Boulevard, where his friend Gary Goose | 附近的一条街上 他的朋友Gary Goose |
[21:38] | told him they didn’t police very much. | 告诉他警察很少 |
[21:39] | Rock Monster and Ability to Be Invisible Person. | 石头怪和隐身术人 |
[21:41] | Hello, young man. What brings you | 你好 小伙子 什么风把你 |
[21:43] | to at least 500 feet past the entrance of Disneyland? | 吹到里迪士尼乐园入口500尺的地方来了 |
[21:46] | Dad, can I get my picture taken | 爸爸 我能和石头人还有 |
[21:47] | with The Thing and Invisible Girl? | 隐身女合个影吗 |
[21:48] | They’re the Fantastic Four. | 他们是神奇四侠 |
[21:50] | Well, actually, technically, I’m Rock Monster, | 嗯 其实 我应该叫石头怪 |
[21:52] | and this is Ability to Be Invisible Person. | 这位是隐身术人 |
[21:54] | – Hey, you guys want the ten dollars or not? – Yeah. | -嘿 你们还挣不挣这十块钱了 -挣 |
[21:59] | We’re The Thing and the Invisible Girl. | 我们是石头人和隐身女 |
[22:02] | – You’re under arrest. – What? | – 你们被捕了 – 什么 |
[22:03] | Boom. Turn around. | 哈 转过去 |
[22:04] | – Let’s go. – I didn’t… | – 走吧 – 我没有 |
[22:06] | Let’s go. Get up there. | 走一趟 给我过来 |
[22:11] | We’re not gonna kill him, we’re just gonna handcuff him. | 我们不会杀了他们 铐住就行了 |
[22:13] | You can’t shoot us ’cause it’s not a felony. | 你不能开枪打我们 这是重罪 |
[22:15] | Keep your eyes on her. I’ll be right back. | 看好这个女的 我马上回来 |
[22:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:21] | If it happens again, | 要是再犯事儿的话 |
[22:23] | you know, it will be a third strike. | 咱们就三进宫了 |
[22:24] | Three-strikes law’s up for review in the appellate courts, | 三次就可以提出上诉了 |
[22:27] | but we really shouldn’t be charging. | 但是我们其实不应该提告的 |
[22:28] | I know of a street in Garden Grove | 我知道在Garden Grove有条街 |
[22:30] | – where they don’t police very much. – Okay. | – 没什么条子 – 好吧 |
[22:32] | Things were looking down. | 境况每况愈下 |
[22:33] | And over the following weeks, | 随后的几周里 |
[22:36] | their financial situation grew dire enough | 他们的经济状况太窘迫 |
[22:39] | – for this to happen. – We’re broke. | – 以至于发生了如下情况 – 我们破产了 |
[22:41] | But you can’t sell your Fantastic Four costume. | 但是你不能卖掉你的神奇四侠的戏服 |
[22:43] | I mean, that would be like a fisherman | 这跟渔夫卖掉自己的渔夫装 |
[22:44] | selling his fishing costume. | 有什么两样 |
[22:46] | No, I was gonna have sex with him. | 不是的 我本来要跟他上床的 |
[22:49] | For money. | 单纯为钱 |
[22:50] | What? No. Put that back on. | 什么 不行 给我穿回去 |
[22:52] | You don’t have to degrade yourself this way. | 你不能这样作践自己 |
[22:54] | Hey, I’m not a thing. | 嘿 我人还在这呢 |
[22:56] | Hey, I am a Thing. | 嘿 我还是石头人呢 |
[22:58] | And so, with no other options, Tobias returned | 所以走投无路的情况下 |
[23:01] | to his in-laws’ penthouse, | Tobias回了娘家 |
[23:02] | desperate enough to ransack the place, | 急切的想从这儿捞点东西 |
[23:05] | when it appeared someone had beaten him to it. | 但是看起来有人已经抢先一步了 |
[23:08] | Michael. | 肯定是Michael |
[23:10] | No, George Michael. | 不对 是George Michael |
[23:12] | Somebody, help! | 来人 救命啊 |
[23:14] | And that’s when he heard what sounded like two ostriches | 这时候他听到像两只鸵鸟 |
[23:16] | making love to a pop hit. | 交配的声音 |
[23:18] | But was actually this. | 但实际上是这样的 |
[23:20] | ? Why don’t you go away, go away ? | 你为何不走开 走开 |
[23:23] | ? Get away, get away ? | 滚开 滚开 |
[23:25] | ? Stay away ? | 离开 |
[23:27] | ? You’re hopelessly hopeless… ? | 你已经绝望到头 |
[23:29] | Good bird. | 乖鸟鸟 |
[23:33] | Stop it, chicken! | 别啄了 傻鸡 |
[23:35] | Somebody help! | 救命啊 |
[23:37] | Lucille 2 Lucille 2! | |
[23:38] | Help! Help! Kevin, give me a hand! | 救命 Kevin 帮我一把 |
[23:40] | Get Dr. Bowman or Alicia. | 快去找Bowman或者Alicia医生 |
[23:41] | Either one. | 谁都行 |
[23:43] | This woman’s been attacked by an ostrich! | 这个女人被鸵鸟袭击了 |
[23:45] | Ah, Tobias got a new girlfriend. | 啊 Tobias钓了个新女朋友 |
[23:51] | Tobias had acted like an actual superhero | Tobias表现地像一个超能英雄 |
[23:53] | – and saved Lucille 2. – There’s my hero. | -救了Lucille 2号的命 -我的英雄 |
[23:55] | You know, the doctor said | 医生说 |
[23:56] | if that bird had gotten through | 如果那个鸟损坏了我的 |
[23:57] | my second layer of makeup, it could’ve done | 第二层妆容 有可能会 |
[23:59] | permanent damage to my skin. | 对我的肌肤造成永久性损伤 |
[24:01] | And I want to repay you. | 我想要回报你 |
[24:02] | You’re a doctor, and you’re out of work. | 你是个医生 而你失业了 |
[24:05] | – Well… – How would you like to come work for me, | – 嗯 – 不如你来给我工作吧 |
[24:07] | at Austerity? | 在Austerity怎么样 |
[24:08] | The rehab center? That’s yours? | 那个戒毒中心 那是你开的 |
[24:10] | Well, my brother Argyle runs it day to day. | 我的哥哥Argyle负责日常运营 |
[24:12] | But we are so understaffed. | 我们那儿缺人手 |
[24:14] | You’d be such a gift. | 你要是能来就好了 |
[24:15] | It would only pay 120 grand a year to start. | 刚开始工作每年只有12万 |
[24:18] | Tobias, whose girlfriend | Tobias的女朋友 |
[24:20] | sold her body for money in front of him, | 一个差点就当着他面卖身的人 |
[24:23] | knew that everyone at some time has to face reality. | 都懂得每个人都得面对现实 |
[24:30] | – But that this wasn’t the time. – No. | – 但还不是时候 – 我不接受 |
[24:32] | – You turned it down?! – Uh-huh. | – 你拒绝了工作机会 – 对啊 |
[24:34] | I almost a guy for a hamburger, | 我差点为了个汉堡[哔]了个男人 |
[24:37] | and you turned down $120, 000 a year? | 你倒拒绝了年薪12万的工作 |
[24:40] | To keep our dream alive, yes, I did. | 我们的梦想需要继续 我得拒绝 |
[24:42] | I thought you’d be proud of me. | 我以为你会为我骄傲的 |
[24:44] | After all, a doctor in India | 毕竟 一个印度的医生 |
[24:46] | told me that I have the gift to make people laugh. | 告诉我我有让人发笑的才华 |
[24:49] | Why are you crying? | 你为什么哭 |
[24:50] | You’re worse than Marky. | 你比Marky还糟 |
[24:52] | He couldn’t see me, but you can’t hear me. | 他无视我 你却不听我 |
[24:58] | The setback sent an emotionally fragile DeBrie | 这次打击让Debrie感情崩溃 |
[25:01] | back to her old ways. | 又回到从前 |
[25:04] | And before long, she was picked up by a limo | 没多久 她被一辆豪车接走了 |
[25:06] | for a night of being passed around | 开始了被一群好莱坞变态 |
[25:08] | amongst Hollywood creeps. | 玩弄的夜晚 |
[25:10] | For three weeks, Tobias waited, hoping DeBrie would return. | 三周以来 Tobias一直等待着Debrie回来 |
[25:14] | Perhaps it was the morning he awoke to find | 可能是在那个早上 |
[25:18] | two bums using him as a pillow | 两个流浪汉把他当枕头枕着 |
[25:19] | that he realized she wasn’t coming back. | 让他意识到她不回来了 |
[25:21] | Who are you supposed to be? | 你扮的谁 |
[25:23] | Oh, I’m The Thing from Fantastic Four. | 我是神奇四侠的石头人 |
[25:26] | You’ve been served, (bleep). | 你被起诉了 |
[25:29] | Oh, (bleep) me. | 噢 [哔]我 |
[25:31] | Are you undercover as well? | 你也是便衣 |
[25:33] | I’m CIA. Not here for you though. | 我是CIA 但不是为你来的 |
[25:35] | Scoping out Imagine Entertainment. | 调查Imagine娱乐公司的 |
[25:37] | So, with nowhere to go… | 没有任何去处 |
[25:40] | Thought I’d try you again. | 我还想说再给你打个电话试试 |
[25:41] | …and no one to help him out of his rock suit… | 没有任何人帮助他脱掉石头装 |
[25:43] | Honey, you read comic books, yes? | 亲爱的 你看漫画的对吧 |
[25:45] | …he went to see if his daughter | 他试着看看女儿 |
[25:47] | would give him a place to stay. | 会不会收留他 |
[25:54] | Now the fun begins, right, Officer Three? | 好戏开场了 警官 |
[25:57] | I’ll say. | 绝对的 |
[25:59] | …and why and how. Who, what, when, where, why and how. | 时间 地点 人物 事件 原因 经过 |
[26:02] | Is there a little girl here all by herself? | 有个小妹妹独自在家吗 |
[26:05] | And perhaps it was this that would finally | 可能这句话会让他 |
[26:08] | get him to admit that he sometimes did speak | 最终承认自己有时会讲一些 |
[26:10] | in a misleading way. | 容易被误解的话 |
[26:12] | Daddy needs to get his rocks off. | 爹地需要帮忙弄硬家伙 |
[26:17] | On the next arrested development | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[26:20] | On the next To Entrap a Local Predator… | 接下来的节目中 |
[26:22] | I’ll be down in a minute. | 我马上就下来 |
[26:24] | Have some lemonade. | 喝点柠檬汁 |
[26:26] | Predator gets its first rock-solid case. | 强奸犯终于落网 |
[26:29] | Pretty good lemonade, huh? | 柠檬汁不错 是吧 |
[26:31] | It is. | 是啊 |
[26:32] | Is there alcohol in here– John Beard! | 里面有酒吗 你是John Beard |
[26:34] | Please, have a seat. | 请坐下吧 |
[26:35] | Okay. | 好 |
[26:36] | Why are you here? | 你为什么来这儿 |
[26:37] | I’m here to see my little girl. | 我来看看我家小妹妹 |
[26:38] | I wanted to show her Daddy’s Thing. | 我想让她瞧爸爸的家伙 |
[26:40] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干什么 |
[26:42] | I’m doing a, um, a local interest piece. | 我 我在造福本地大众 |
[26:45] | Okay, get in there, boys. | 进来吧 大家 |
[26:47] | Oh, really local. | 还真本地 |
[26:48] | That’s right, yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:49] | Is this about my daughter? | 是关于我闺女的吗 |
[26:50] | Oh, so it’s your daughter | 哦 你是来看 |
[26:52] | – you’re here to see? – Yes. | -你女儿的 -是的 |
[26:54] | Maeby Maeby. | |
[26:55] | If he’s got a daughter, then how old is she? | 如果他有女儿 那她几岁 |
[26:57] | Let me ask you this. | 那我问你 |
[26:58] | How old is she? | 她多大了 |
[27:01] | Why do you put me on the spot? | 你这还真考我啊 |
[27:03] | Um, I want to say 19? | 我觉得好像是19了吧 |
[27:06] | But I like to think of her as 15. | 但我心中她只有15岁 |
[27:09] | Well, you’re free to go. | 好吧 你可以走了 |
[27:10] | She’s not here. | 她不在这儿 |
[27:12] | But this creep won’t take “go” for an answer. | 但这变态喊走还不走 |
[27:13] | Oh, that’s all right. | 好吧 |
[27:15] | I’ll stay, I’ll wait. | 我呆着吧 等会儿她 |
[27:16] | And this creep makes himself right at home. | 这个变态还把这儿当自己家了 |
[27:18] | – Give me just a minute. – He’s not leaving. | – 等我一下 – 他不走 |
[27:20] | – He’s not leaving. – He’s not leaving. | – 他不走 – 他不走 |
[27:22] | Tell him there’s a raccoon in the backyard. | 告诉他院子里有个浣熊 |
[27:24] | Hey, guess what. | 你猜怎么着 |
[27:26] | There’s a raccoon out on the patio! | 院里有只浣熊 |
[27:28] | Bull (bleep). | 怎么可能 |
[27:29] | Where is that little guy? | 在哪儿呢 |
[27:30] | And this guy turns out to be a real comedian. | 这个人竟然是个喜剧演员 |
[27:34] | I just broke my skull in a fourth place: | 头骨第四次骨折了我 |
[27:36] | the patio! | 在院里伤的 |