时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | On the top of a hillside, | 在印度Shuturmurg的深山中 |
[00:10] | deep in the mountains of Shuturmurg, India, | 的某个山腰上 |
[00:13] | sits a mystical retreat long sought out | 有一片隐秘的土地上 |
[00:16] | by those seeking answers… | 有很多在这里苦苦寻找 |
[00:17] | to the questions that define us. | 真正的自我的人 |
[00:19] | I mean, is any of this real? | 我是说 这里面有真的吗 |
[00:21] | How do I know what’s real? | 我怎么能确定这是真的 |
[00:23] | This is Lindsay Bluth-Funke. | 这位是Lindsay Bluth-Funke |
[00:26] | You see me before you, yes? | 你眼前就是我 不是吗 |
[00:29] | I am real to you. | 我是真实的 |
[00:31] | And this bag next to me, it is as real as you or me. | 我手边的这个包 同你我一样真实 |
[00:34] | No, I know that one’s real. | 我知道那是个真品 |
[00:36] | I meant the other one– the Louis Vuitton. | 我是说另一个 那个LV |
[00:37] | I don’t remember Vuitton having two E’s. | 我记得Vuitton没有两个E |
[00:40] | The hillside was also | 在这个山腰上还因 |
[00:41] | known for their bargains on designer handbags. | 倒卖名牌包包而闻名 |
[00:44] | That’s how they do it here. | 这里都是这样拼的 |
[00:45] | You can’t go wrong. Best bag on the mountain. | 别犹豫了 这是这片山上最好的包 |
[00:48] | I love this bag. I give you 60 for it. | 我看上这个包了 60块卖给我吧 |
[00:50] | – It’s the best bag on the mountain. – Excuse me. | – 这个包是这片山上最好的 – 真不巧 |
[00:52] | – I just promised it to her. – I’ll give you $70. | – 我刚答应卖给这位女士了 – 我给你70块 |
[00:53] | Lindsay Bluth had come to India for both reasons. | Lindsay Bluth来到印度有两个原因 |
[00:56] | – Uh, $120. – You just bought the best bag on the mountain. | – 120块 – 你刚刚拥有了这片山上最好的包 |
[00:58] | – Congratulations. – Best bag on the mountain. | – 恭喜你 – 最好的包 |
[01:03] | Now the story of a family | 故事是关于一个 |
[01:05] | whose future was abruptly canceled | 突然失去未来的家庭 |
[01:07] | and the one daughter who had no choice | 唯一的一个女儿别无选择 |
[01:09] | but to keep her life together. | 不得不寻求新生 |
[01:16] | It’s Lindsay’s… | 欢迎收看Lindsay的 |
[01:17] | Arrested Development. | <发展受阻> |
[01:21] | Lindsay was on a spiritual journey to let go of all possessions | Lindsay踏上了放弃物质生活的灵修之旅 |
[01:24] | and to find something cute | 同时还买了些漂亮的包包 |
[01:26] | – to keep her stuff in. – It’s gorgeous. | -来装她的东西 – 美极了 |
[01:28] | Months earlier, Lindsay had lost her bearings | 几个月前Lindsay失控了 |
[01:31] | after finding out she wasn’t born to the family | 因为她发现自己并不是家族亲生的 |
[01:34] | she couldn’t bear. | 她承受不了打击 |
[01:35] | – I’m adopted? – So, after getting | – 我是被领养的 – 然后 |
[01:37] | briefly creepy with her brother… | 她去勾引了她的弟弟 |
[01:39] | I’m just not that into older women. | 我对年龄大的女人没兴趣 |
[01:41] | – Don’t worry about it. – You bastard! | – 不用担心 – 你混蛋 |
[01:42] | She shared some resentments | 她还在游轮派对上 |
[01:44] | with her family at the boat party. | 对她的家人发泄了不满 |
[01:47] | Kitty likes to scratch… | 小猫挺喜欢抓人啊 |
[01:48] | But before she could disassociate herself | 后来她发现她可以 |
[01:50] | – from the Bluth name… – Because now I know that | – 摆脱Bluth的家族姓氏了 – 因为现在我知道 |
[01:51] | we’re not related I’m going to marry Michael… | 我们并不是血亲 所以我要嫁给Michael |
[01:53] | Oh, my God. The SEC. | 天哪 证监局 |
[01:55] | …the Bluth name would become… | Bluth的名字成为了 |
[01:57] | …as sullied as Newport Bay on the fifth of May. | 在五五节这一天玷污纽波特的罪魁祸首 |
[01:59] | They are persecuting me. | 他们在迫害我 |
[02:01] | It was an accident. This is ridiculous! | 这只是个意外 真荒唐啊 |
[02:04] | If I’d told them we were taking a bunch of gays out there | 要是我说我是为了给几对基佬情侣 |
[02:07] | to get married, they’d have thrown me a parade. | 举行婚礼的话 他们肯定会给我举办游行的 |
[02:10] | Let’s tell them we were taking a bunch of gays to get married. | 我们干脆就说是给基佬情侣办婚礼 |
[02:13] | Yeah, I don’t think your record on that issue | 我觉得你之前的立场 |
[02:14] | is going to back that up, Mom. | 是站不住脚的 老妈 |
[02:16] | In fact, it was an issue | 事实上 已经在<飘窗周刊>上 |
[02:17] | of the Bay Window magazine | 报道过了她的举动 |
[02:18] | that would most damage her with the gay community. | 使同性恋组织与她水火不容 |
[02:20] | Lucille与猩猩 举行婚礼公开 抗议同性婚姻 | |
[02:21] | Fine. We’ll say they took it on a joyride. | 那好 就说我们只是在兜风 |
[02:23] | And you have no right to criticize me. | 而且你没有资格批评我 |
[02:25] | At least I was able to turn my Queen around. | 至少我能让我的”女王”掉头 |
[02:28] | None taken. | 我不介意 |
[02:29] | This is Tobias Funke, | 这位是Tobias Funke |
[02:31] | who should have taken more. | 但他本该介意 |
[02:34] | You cannot say one nice thing to your daughter, can you? | 你就不能跟你的女儿客气点么? |
[02:37] | Adopted daughter. | 是领养的女儿 |
[02:39] | And that’s not true. | 我也并没有刻薄 |
[02:40] | Could I have the Bluth family over here, please? | 请Bluth一家坐这里来 |
[02:43] | And over here, the victims of the Bluth family? | 受害者们坐那儿去 |
[02:46] | And that’s when Lindsay | 在这时Lindsay意识到 |
[02:48] | found a label more fitting than “Bluth.” | 比Bluth更适合自己的称呼 |
[02:51] | No, Lindsay, you’re going to the wrong area. | Lindsay你走错地方了 |
[02:54] | Kenny, Chet, Curtis, Mike, Bix and Gator are over here. | Kenny Chet Curtis Mike Bix还有Gator坐那边 |
[02:56] | We should be over here at the Bluth area with Gob | 我们应该坐在Bluth的位置 |
[02:58] | and Buster and, uh… uh… | Gob buster 还有 呃 |
[03:02] | uh, your brother, uh… | 你弟弟 叫 |
[03:04] | – Michael? – Michael. Yes. | – Michael – 对 Michael |
[03:06] | Sorry. I was thinking of Mike, the hot seaman. | 抱歉 我刚想到Mike 那个船员帅哥 |
[03:09] | – No, where is Michael? – It doesn’t matter. | – Michael在哪儿 – 无所谓 |
[03:11] | He’s not my brother. | 他不是我弟弟了 |
[03:12] | This isn’t my family. | 这也不是我家人 |
[03:14] | No, I’ve spent years… | 不 我花了那么多年的时间 |
[03:16] | Yes! Got my yes. I got that big yes. | 是 我同意 举双手赞成 |
[03:19] | I’ve spent years trying to fit into this family, | 花了那么多年的时间想要融入这个家庭 |
[03:21] | and it’s not me. | 但并不是真我 |
[03:24] | My life is a fallacy. | 我活像个笑话 |
[03:26] | Oh… | 哦 |
[03:27] | Oh…Is that a gal I see? | 我看到的是黄花姑娘 |
[03:29] | No, it’s just a fallacy! | 错了 其实是个大笑话 |
[03:33] | We loved that. Where’s that from? | 我真心喜欢这段 出自哪儿来着 |
[03:36] | It’s from nothing. | 哪儿都不是 |
[03:37] | But it made her realize this, too. | 但也让她明白了一件事 |
[03:39] | I don’t know if there’s a right time to say this, | 我不知道现在提这茬是否合适 |
[03:41] | but this marriage of ours, it hasn’t been working. | 我觉得我俩的婚姻是个错误 |
[03:46] | Yeah… there’s nothing keeping us together. | 已经没有什么理由在一起了 |
[03:51] | I… I believe we’re thinking the same thing. | 我知道我们想到一起去了 |
[03:55] | – Yeah, we should end it. – Let’s give it another shot. | – 对 我们该结束了 – 我们再来一次… |
[03:57] | To the head. Kill it. | 一枪致命 |
[03:59] | Yes. | 对 |
[04:04] | Lindsay was looking for inspiration | Lindsay想要在开始新的生活之前 |
[04:06] | before she set out on her new path. | 寻找些灵感 |
[04:09] | And it only took until the “Pray” Section | 但才到<美食 祈祷 恋爱>中的 |
[04:12] | of Eat, Pray, Love for her to find it. | 祈祷的部分就找到了 |
[04:16] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[04:17] | Soon, she was beginning a journey to reinvent herself. | 于是她就开启了一段 寻找真我之旅 |
[04:20] | Ugh. I’m doing it again. | 又来了 |
[04:22] | I have to let go of these material things. | 我得摆脱这些物质的东西 |
[04:25] | To leave the trappings of her old life | 于是就丢下了她生活中的包袱 |
[04:28] | and try to live with less. | 少带了点儿东西 |
[04:30] | There. | 搞定 |
[04:31] | Her immersion into Indian culture began | 她在印度的灵修之旅 |
[04:34] | even before reaching the airport. | 在去机场的路上就已经开始了 |
[04:36] | And, uh… and so this daily prayer, | 还有 每天的祷告 |
[04:37] | it connects one to the whole. | 让内心融入宇宙 |
[04:39] | – anus tart. – God. | – 荡妇 – 天哪 |
[04:41] | You know, you sense the oneness in all. | 到时候 你会有万众归一的感觉 |
[04:44] | And they have normal toilets, right? | 印度应该有普通的厕所吧 |
[04:47] | And after an hour or so | 一小时以后 |
[04:48] | with SkyMall,where she was | 在飞机上的空中商场 |
[04:50] | proud of herself for only buying two things– | 她因为只买了两件东西而沾沾自喜 |
[04:53] | a self-cleaning litter box in case she ever got a cat | 有自我清洁功能的猫厕 以备将来养猫的话 |
[04:57] | and an inflatable hat box in case she ever got a hat– | 还有充气帽盒 以备她要是有了帽子 |
[05:01] | she got to a great article in the in-flight magazine | 之后她又看到一篇文章 |
[05:04] | and found herself filling up | 瞬间感受到 |
[05:06] | with inner peace and acceptance. | 内心的平和与宽广 |
[05:09] | I mean, not right away. | 我是说 没有那么快 |
[05:10] | What is she doing back there? | 后面的人在干什么 |
[05:12] | That passenger had been | 后面的乘客 |
[05:13] | pushing on her seat for like four hours. | 一直在踢她的座椅 |
[05:17] | Lindsay’s journey to let go of her baggage | Lindsay放下心中的包袱之旅 |
[05:20] | got off to a bad start at baggage claim | 在一开始就出了岔子 |
[05:22] | when she picked up the wrong baggage. | 下机后拿错了行李 |
[05:25] | And her Western notions of the value of life | 而她的西方世界价值观 |
[05:28] | were challenged on the bus ride to the hotel. | 在乘公交车去酒店的路上受到了考验 |
[05:31] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天哪 |
[05:32] | Did… did we just hit something? | 是不是撞上东西了 |
[05:34] | Shouldn’t we stop? | 不应该停下看看嘛 |
[05:36] | No. It wasn’t a cow. | 又不是一头牛 |
[05:38] | It was just a tourist. | 只是撞到个游客而已 |
[05:41] | And that’s how Lindsay’s path | Linsdy的放下灵魂的重担之旅 |
[05:43] | – to living with less… – Wait. This isn’t my… | – 开始于 – 不对 这不是我的 |
[05:46] | How am I supposed to find out | 我穿成这个鸟样子 |
[05:47] | who I really am dressed like this chick? | 怎么去寻找自我 |
[05:49] | …took a brief detour into a shopping spree at India’s | 她决定先在印度的百货大山上 |
[05:53] | – famous Mall Mountain. – It’s cute on me. | – 血拼一番 – 真适合我 |
[05:55] | But I thought it was supposed to say “Kate.” | 或者说 非常有Kate范 |
[05:58] | Oh, no, anything under a small is considered | 哦 不 这里所有小号的东西都是 |
[06:00] | a “David Spade.” | David Spade牌的 |
[06:01] | I love this jacket. I’ll give you 60 for it. | 我看上这件外套了 60块卖给我吧 |
[06:03] | Best coat on the mountain. | 这是这山上最好看的外套 |
[06:05] | – 65. – 70! It’d look great | – 65块 – 70块 我老婆或者我的儿子 |
[06:07] | on my wife or my sickly son. | 穿上肯定好看 |
[06:08] | – 100 bucks. Yes! – $100, yes. | – 100块 太好了 – 100块 成交 |
[06:11] | And soon, she was back | 之后 她回到旅馆 |
[06:12] | at the hotel and ready | 开始准备她的 |
[06:13] | for her spiritual experience. | 灵修之旅 |
[06:19] | Yeah, hi. | 你好 |
[06:19] | Uh, were you able to book my 3:00 shaman? | 我可以预定三点钟和萨满见面吗 |
[06:22] | Oh, yes. Did you want the deep wisdom | 好的 你想要深层修炼 |
[06:24] | or just a light ego cleanse? | 还是浅层净化 |
[06:25] | We do those by the pool. | 我们都在游泳池进行 |
[06:27] | – There’s a pool? – It’s hard to tell | – 这有游泳池 – 不好说 |
[06:28] | because there are so many people in it, | 因为人太多了根本看不出来 |
[06:30] | but yes, it is a pool. | 但是确实是个泳池 |
[06:32] | Well, yeah, by the pool, then. | 好啊 那就在游泳池边 |
[06:33] | And, uh, do you think you can get someone to | 还有 能找人帮我 |
[06:36] | remove the smell of lamb from my room? | 除去房间里的羊膻味吗 |
[06:38] | Of course. And which animal smell would you prefer? | 当然 那您想换成那种动物的味道 |
[06:41] | Which do you prefer? | 选一个吧 |
[06:43] | But at her 3:00 p.m. Shaman… | 但是在她三点钟与萨满的交流中 |
[06:45] | You are living a life without love. | 你的生命中缺少爱 |
[06:47] | – Lindsay got a deeper treatment – How do I learn to… | – 她得到了比期望更高的 – 我要怎么做 |
[06:49] | – than she had hoped for. – be happy? | – 深层的修炼 – 才能幸福的 |
[06:51] | You know, to love? | 像你说的 去爱 |
[06:53] | When love is near your heart, you’ll be happy. | 当爱向你靠近的时候 你就会感到幸福 |
[06:56] | You must live life truthfully. | 你必须真诚的生活 |
[06:59] | Yeah, no, I-I-I do live truthfully, | 当然 我活的一向很真诚 |
[07:02] | but, uh… | 但是 |
[07:04] | I’m just so full of passion. | 我感觉又充满激情 |
[07:06] | You are so full of*. | 你只是充满了狗屎 |
[07:08] | Yeah, yeah. | 我知道 |
[07:10] | Although, in my culture, “Full of*” | 虽然在我们那 狗屎 |
[07:12] | is kind of like a dig. | 是挖苦人的话 |
[07:13] | I mean, you’d never say it to a customer. | 我是说你不能对别的顾客这么说 |
[07:15] | But, uh, yeah, no, I-I know what you mean. | 但是 是 我知道你的意思 |
[07:17] | This bag is as fake as you are. | 这个包跟你一样假 |
[07:21] | Well, how do I learn? | 我该怎么看 |
[07:23] | Just look at the spelling. | 拼写就是错的 |
[07:24] | God. No, I… | 天哪 我早该 |
[07:25] | Pull your head out of the sand. | 拨开头上的迷雾 |
[07:28] | Love is where you left it. | 爱就在你离开的地方 |
[07:30] | You mean… back home? | 你的意思是 我应该回家 |
[07:33] | God. | 天哪 |
[07:34] | The only person back home is Tobias. | 回家也就只能看着Tobias |
[07:36] | You have no children? | 你没有孩子吗 |
[07:38] | Lindsay thought she was being hit on. | Lindsay以为对方是在挑逗他 |
[07:41] | No. Why do you ask? | 没有 为什么这么问 |
[07:43] | Wait a minute. You’re saying I’ve come | 等下 你的意思是说 |
[07:45] | halfway around the world to find out | 我飞过半个地球到这里来 |
[07:47] | I need to go back home? | 却发现我应该做的是回家 |
[07:49] | God, I haven’t even gone to the beach yet. | 天哪 我还没去过海边呢 |
[07:52] | She had. It was just too crowded to see the water. | 她其实已经去过了 只是人太多看不到水而已 |
[07:56] | It was a moving experience, | 这是一次令人感动的经历 |
[07:58] | but after leaving the tent, it wasn’t just | 但是离开萨满的帐篷后 |
[08:00] | the shaman’s words that got through to her. | 她还是记住了萨满说的一件事 |
[08:03] | It was this. | 就是这件事 |
[08:04] | I’m sorry. Your AmEx was declined. | 抱歉 你的银行卡失效了 |
[08:06] | Your account is maxed out. | 你的账户也到上限了 |
[08:07] | We had to cancel your shaman appointment. | 我们必须取消你的预约 |
[08:10] | No, no, I just talked to the shaman, | 不 我刚和萨满谈过了 |
[08:11] | just right back at… | 刚刚就在 |
[08:15] | Get out! Get out! | 出去 出去 |
[08:16] | Go away! Get out! Get out! Get out! | 走开 出去 出去 出去 |
[08:20] | I’m sorry to yell at you, but as I said, it was declined. | 抱歉对您大吼大叫 但就是这个意思 没卡刷 |
[08:24] | So get out. | 给我走人 |
[08:26] | But, fortunately, the universe | 幸运的是 冥冥之中有种力量 |
[08:28] | offered a solution to her financial problem | 帮助她解决了经济问题 |
[08:30] | that wasn’t too far off from what her shaman had said. | 跟萨满告诉她的差不多 |
[08:33] | Oh, I’ve got money for you, sweetie, | 亲爱的 我当然可以给你钱 |
[08:35] | but it means my loving daughter smiling next to her husband | 但意味着你得和你丈夫一起带着笑脸 |
[08:38] | sitting behind me at the trial. | 来出席我的庭审 |
[08:39] | Would you take a grimace? | 哭丧的脸可以吗 |
[08:42] | So it was with this dual intention | 抱着双重目的 |
[08:45] | that she reached out to a husband she’d left behind, | 她回到了被她抛弃的丈夫身边 |
[08:48] | with a new sense of inner peace. | 并且带着内心的平和 |
[08:52] | – Of course, there was still some outer stuff – Hello. It’s Tobias. | – 当然 还有一些外在的困难 – 你好 我是Tobias |
[08:54] | – she needed to work through. – Leave a message. | – 需要克服 – 请留言 |
[08:56] | I’m ready to make this work. | 我决定再给你一次机会 |
[09:00] | It was with a sense of enlightenment that | Lindsay感受到深刻的点化后 |
[09:02] | Lindsay returned from her spiritual journey… | 结束了她的灵修之旅 |
[09:05] | …to get her hands on the stimulus money, too, right? | 为了回来分一杯羹 对吧 |
[09:08] | Stop with the prayer hands. | 不要再做这个手势 |
[09:09] | It just looks like you’re out of ideas. | 看起来你已经神游千里之外了 |
[09:11] | Seriously, shoot me if you ever catch me doing that. | 说真的 如果我做这个手势你还不如杀了我 |
[09:13] | Says the least spiritual man I know. | 你真是俗不可耐 |
[09:15] | What deal did you strike with her? | 你怎么把她的心收回来的 |
[09:17] | What part of her soul did you buy? | 你买了她的哪部分灵魂 |
[09:19] | All I’ve asked is that she testify | 她只是来证明 |
[09:21] | that I was a wonderful mother who did her best. | 我是个一心为她好的合格母亲 |
[09:24] | So all of it. | 看样子全买了 |
[09:25] | No, Michael. I’m not a whore. | 当然不是 Michael我才不和妓女一样 |
[09:27] | I don’t get any of the money | 我都是做完令人恶心的事后 |
[09:28] | until after I do the disgusting thing. | 才能拿到钱 |
[09:30] | But I’m not here just for the stimmy. | 但是我回来不是为了政府拨款 |
[09:32] | I’m here because a shaman told me | 我回来是因为萨满告诉我 |
[09:34] | that love is where I left it. | 我的爱情就在这里 |
[09:36] | Which, after much soul searching | 所以 经过心灵的寻找和 |
[09:38] | and by process of elimination, is Tobias. | 洗涤后 我发现我的真爱就是Tobias |
[09:42] | I got the part. | 我拿到角色了 |
[09:45] | And so Lindsay and Tobias | 于是Lindsay和Tobias |
[09:47] | took another shot at being husband and wife, | 决定再行夫妻之责 |
[09:50] | and although they wouldn’t have money | 但是他们没有钱 |
[09:51] | until after the perjury, they set about | 只好作伪证买了 |
[09:54] | – buying a home. – Are you ready to make a move? | – 一个房子 – 你们考虑好了吗 |
[09:56] | As you can see, I’m ready for a lot that’s new. | 您都看到了 我们乐于接受新事物 |
[10:00] | Oh! Good heavens! | 哦 老天爷 |
[10:02] | Right! | 言归正传 |
[10:03] | Well, this is a great area. | 这片区很棒 |
[10:04] | There’s some wonderful surgi-centers nearby. | 附近有很好的手术中心 |
[10:06] | We’re doing it. We’re really doing this. | 我们做到了 真的做到了 |
[10:09] | Yes! We’re gonna get you in the right house. | 对 我们可以给你们选择最好的房子 |
[10:11] | And it’s just the two of you? You have no children? | 你们两个没孩子吗 |
[10:13] | We don’t. | 没有 |
[10:15] | We should be honest here. | 诚实的说 |
[10:17] | We have no income flow. | 我们没有收入 |
[10:19] | No incoming income flow. | 没有进账的收入 |
[10:20] | We have plenty of outgoing income. | 我们只有巨额支出 |
[10:21] | No savings, no credit. | 没存款 没贷款 |
[10:24] | I mean, we had some stimmy, | 但是我们有些政府拨款 |
[10:26] | but that went to his hospital bills. | 但是都花在医院了 |
[10:28] | But there’s one thing we do have– | 但是我们确实有 |
[10:29] | Work ethic! | 职业道德 |
[10:30] | Right. No work ethic. | 对 也没有职业道德 |
[10:31] | But there’s one thing we do have– | 但是我们确实有 |
[10:33] | we do have a daughter. | 一个女儿 |
[10:35] | I was just on auto-pilot before, when I said we didn’t. | 之前说溜嘴了 其实有女儿的 |
[10:37] | I should have caught that; yeah, but… | 我本该注意到的 但是 |
[10:39] | I could’ve spoken up, | 我本来想插嘴 |
[10:40] | but I just wanted to see if you guys got there. | 我想看看你们到底多没下限 |
[10:43] | Well, you guys seem like a great family. | 你们看起来是幸福的一家 |
[10:45] | We have to be realistic. | 但是现实是 |
[10:46] | I’m in the real estate business. | 我是做房地产生意的 |
[10:48] | It’s 2006. | 现在是2006年 |
[10:50] | That’s all good enough for me. | 这个情况正合适 |
[10:52] | We’re gonna put you in a NINJA loan. | 我推荐给你们忍者贷款 |
[10:53] | “No income, no jobs, no assets.” | 没收入没工作没存款 |
[10:55] | And you don’t have to pay a penny for two years. | 而且你们两年内不用还款 |
[10:57] | Oh, NINJA! Please! | 哦 忍者 拜托 |
[10:58] | So we’ll take something cozy and intimate. | 我们需要一个舒适私密的空间 |
[11:00] | – A one-bedroom. – Or bigger. | – 一个卧室的 – 再大点 |
[11:02] | Yeah, how about something nice? A three-bedroom? | 我建议 三个卧室的怎么样 |
[11:04] | Three does sound bigger. | 三个卧室听起来更大 |
[11:05] | Oh, it definitely is. | 哦 不错 |
[11:06] | You have to remember that this was a time | 你们要知道的是 |
[11:08] | when banks were eager to create as much debt as possible. | 这还是银行迫切需要贷款业务的时候 |
[11:11] | …the five-bedroom, four-car garage. | 那就来五个卧室 四个车库 |
[11:13] | And I know that you guys are going to be okay | 我觉得你们应该只需要 |
[11:15] | with just one master bathroom, | 一个主卧就够了 |
[11:17] | because a lot of people do prefer two. | 因为很多人都喜欢有两个的 |
[11:19] | You know, they like to just have it. | 就是 闲放着都舒服 |
[11:21] | Maybe separate, so we have it. | 分开也不错 那就来两个 |
[11:23] | So we have it. That way we have it. | 两个也行 来两个 |
[11:24] | That way you have it. | 那就来两个 |
[11:25] | Do you think we really need one? | 你觉得我们需要吗 |
[11:27] | I’m just gonna interrupt for a second. | 对不起打断一下 |
[11:28] | You don’t need a wine cellar, | 如果你觉得在仆人待的厨房里品酒没关系的话 |
[11:30] | if you want to do wine tastings in your butler’s kitchen. | 那就不需要酒窖了 |
[11:33] | I mean, this really isn’t what we discussed. | 我的意思是 这个不值得讨论 |
[11:35] | Well, we didn’t discuss any of this, but, uh… | 对 不用纠结这些小事 |
[11:39] | yes, uh, I guess, that way, we… we have it. | 所以 我觉得 还是要了吧 |
[11:41] | Well… yeah… | 那 好 |
[11:42] | That way, you’ll definitely have it. | 看样子是非要不可啊 |
[11:44] | And then once you have it, that way, you’ll have it. | 你们决定要了 就是你们的了 |
[11:46] | But do we need a gatehouse? | 我们真的需要一个门卫室吗 |
[11:48] | I just put John Beard into a house with a double gatehouse. | 我刚刚介绍给John Beard一个有两个门卫室的房子 |
[11:53] | Now, that’s John Beard; he’s on television. | 那可是John Beard 电视上的名人 |
[11:55] | No one’s gonna look down on you | 你们只比他少一个门卫室 |
[11:56] | just ’cause you have less than John Beard. | 别人也不会小看你们 |
[11:59] | – Is this crazy? – I think so. | – 有点儿收不住了 – 我也是这么想的 |
[12:01] | We’ll take the double gatehouse. | 那我们就要带两个门卫室的 |
[12:02] | Oh, is that what you thought? Because… | 哦 你是这么想的 我还以为 |
[12:04] | – Well, that way, we’ll have it. – We have it. We have it. | – 对 我要定了 – 要了 要了 |
[12:04] | And that way, you have it. | 那么 你们要那样的 |
[12:06] | There was a lot of this going on back then. | 他们这样的对话进行了很久 |
[12:08] | This way, we have it. | 对 要这样的 |
[12:09] | And soon, they were starting their new life | 很快 他们在惊人的新房子里 |
[12:11] | in their new, beautiful home. | 开始了新的生活 |
[12:15] | Mother’s Day Eve | 母亲节前夜 |
[12:16] | was the most joyous day of the year. | 最令人高兴的一天 |
[12:18] | Maeby, you’re gonna be late for school. | Maeby 上学要迟到了 |
[12:21] | And what they lost in coziness… | 他们放弃了舒适 |
[12:23] | God, they grow up so slowly. | 天哪 长得太慢了 |
[12:25] | …they made up for in cavernous, | 而选择了没有家具 |
[12:27] | – And the robot’s dead again. – unfurnished space. | – 机器人又死机了 – 空旷的房子 |
[12:29] | Oh! Poor little guy. | 哦 可怜的小家伙 |
[12:31] | Ran out of juice before he could reach his… | 还没完成任务就没劲了 |
[12:36] | With her mother’s trial coming up, | 她妈妈的审讯日愈来愈近 |
[12:38] | Lindsay made an effort to work on her testimony. | Lindsay正忙着准备证词 |
[12:41] | …when I was hungry, I… | 每当我肚子饿的时候 我 |
[12:43] | Go on. | 继续 |
[12:45] | You don’t want me to say this next part, do you? | 你不会想让我读下去吧 |
[12:47] | I think it tells the story. | 我觉得这讲了一个真实的故事 |
[12:50] | But am I accidentally being funny, | 我是为了卖萌 |
[12:52] | or am I purposely being funny? | 还是为了故意搞笑 |
[12:54] | It’s not supposed to be funny. | 你不能搞笑 |
[12:56] | “Suckled at her champagne glass breasts”? | 她用美酒一样的乳汁哺乳了我 |
[12:59] | Is it a joke? | 这是个笑话吧 |
[13:00] | Buster wrote it. | Buster写的 |
[13:01] | Recently? | 最近 |
[13:02] | I adapted it from a letter he wrote from camp. | 我从他的参加夏令营的时候写的信里抄来的 |
[13:05] | I miss you, Mommy. | 妈妈 我很想念你 |
[13:06] | Camp is scary at times. | 夏令营有时候很空唔 |
[13:07] | When I was cold, you clothed me, | 每当我感到寒冷 你会拥抱我 |
[13:09] | when I was hungry… | 每当我肚子饿 |
[13:11] | Uh, how do I say this? | 应该怎么写呢 |
[13:13] | Suckled at your champagne glass breasts. | 你用美酒一样的乳汁哺乳我 |
[13:16] | Oh, that’s good. | 哦 不错 |
[13:18] | It doesn’t matter. I’ll be proofing it, anyway. | 无所谓 反正我会用行动证明 |
[13:20] | Oh, God. | 哦 天哪 |
[13:21] | This is from Camp Kiss-A-Me-Mommy? | 他是去参加亲亲妈咪夏令营了吗 |
[13:24] | Just read the copy. You’re getting paid for this. | 照着读就行了 我会付钱给你 |
[13:26] | No. You know what? | 不 实话告诉你 |
[13:27] | The money is not important to me. | 我在乎的不是钱 |
[13:29] | My shaman said… | 我的萨满说过 |
[13:30] | Oh, don’t give me that mystical nonsense. | 哦 别给我叨叨这些有的没的 |
[13:33] | You think you’re better than I am. | 以为你自己比我们高尚 |
[13:34] | But you’re a lot more like me than you think you are. | 但你没意识到 其实你和我差不多 |
[13:37] | Now, let’s take it from: | 从这个地方开始 |
[13:40] | “I hope she gives me bubble baths forever.” | 我希望她能够永远帮我搓澡 |
[13:43] | And I want to smell the suds. | 我还喜欢肥皂泡的味道 |
[13:45] | But worse news was around the corner. | 很快坏消息就来了 |
[13:47] | The collapse of the California housing market | 加州房地产崩溃 |
[13:49] | is taking a personal toll… | 导致个人财产 |
[13:51] | – Uh-oh. – …with layoffs here at the station. | – 哦 – 公司开始裁员 |
[13:53] | In addition, I’m leaving the keys | 另外 我把我位于Harbor Shallows |
[13:54] | to my 10,000-square-foot home in Harbor Shallows | 一万方尺的别墅钥匙 |
[13:57] | – here on the desk… – Well, it probably | – 放在桌子上 – 应该不会 |
[13:59] | shouldn’t affect our area. | 影响到我们 |
[14:00] | He’s over by where the fountain is. | 他住在有喷泉的那块地方 |
[14:02] | Might I say to them | 我想对他们说 |
[14:03] | good luck getting that | 但愿你们能够 |
[14:04] | raccoon smell out of the gatehouse, | 去除门卫室里浣熊留下的臭味 |
[14:07] | because I never could. | 因为我没办法了 |
[14:10] | But you and I are okay, right? | 但是我们应该安全吧 |
[14:11] | I mean, this works, right? | 我是说 这个样子 |
[14:13] | Never better. | 最好不过了 |
[14:18] | And the week of Lucille’s trial, | 到了Lucille受审讯的这周 |
[14:20] | they got some even worse news. | 他们收到了更糟的消息 |
[14:22] | What’s this? Mother’s not going to pay? | 什么意思 你妈不打算付钱了 |
[14:25] | She actually said she’d only pay me | 她说如果我的证言管用的话 |
[14:27] | if my testimony is believable. | 她才会付钱给我 |
[14:29] | …but how am I supposed to say something like | 但是我实在说不出口 |
[14:31] | “I love you, Mother!” | 妈妈 我爱你 |
[14:32] | and sound believable? | 而且还要说的令人信服 |
[14:35] | Well, geez… Jesus C. Penny! | 好吧 天哪 上帝二舅老爷啊 |
[14:37] | You know, I wish I had the luxury | 我还巴不得能接这种 |
[14:39] | of not sounding believable. | 说服人的活路 |
[14:40] | But that’s not an option for an out-of-work actor, is it? | 但看样子失业演员是没得选的 不是吗 |
[14:43] | Or it’s why you’re out of work! | 说不定这就是你没工作的原因 |
[14:46] | Well, I beg one’s pardon, but I have been dying to go | 哦 不好意思 但是我一直很想去 |
[14:49] | to that Method Acting Clinic that I see on my nightly drives, | 小广告上看到的方法演技速成班上课 |
[14:52] | but you won’t let me! | 但是你不让我去 |
[14:54] | Because you already wasted all that money | 那是因为你早把钱都花在 |
[14:56] | on Carl Weathers’ Master Acting Class. | Carl Weathers的大师演技课上了 |
[14:58] | Well, I’m sorry, but I’m such a star* | 哦 真不好意思 但是我就是[哔]明星 |
[15:01] | that I didn’t pay attention to anything he said! | 没能记住他说的每句话 |
[15:05] | Oh, well then, maybe I should go to your Method Acting Class, | 哦 那还不如我去上方法演技速成班 |
[15:07] | to make my testimony more believable! | 好让我的证词念得逼真点儿 |
[15:10] | That’s actually a good idea. | 这个主意倒不错 |
[15:11] | Maybe you could– Oh! Hi. Yes. | 倒不如你 哦 嗨 |
[15:14] | Well, perhaps we should go together. | 我们应该一起去 |
[15:17] | Yeah. Might be good for us, as a couple. | 说不定能促进我们的夫妻关系 |
[15:20] | I do hope so. | 但愿如此 |
[15:22] | I really want to make this work. | 我在努力 |
[15:23] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[15:25] | I really love you, Tobias. | 我真心爱你 Tobias |
[15:27] | Oh, Lindsay, we have | 哦 Lindsay 我觉得 |
[15:29] | got to get you to that acting clinic. | 你真该去学学演技了 |
[15:32] | And that was with me picturing fudge. | 其实我在想象小熊软糖 |
[15:35] | Fudge. | 软糖 |
[15:41] | To bond with her husband | 一来为了和丈夫更亲近 |
[15:42] | and prepare for her testimony, | 二来为了准备她的证词表演 |
[15:44] | Lindsay had decided to attend an acting class with Tobias. | Lindsay决定和Tobias一起去表演课 |
[15:48] | This is the first time | 这是我第一次 |
[15:49] | I’ve actually done something like this with you. | 和你一起做一件事 |
[15:50] | I think I always kind of looked down on it. | 我想我以前一直都没放在心上 |
[15:53] | You know, Lindsay, I think you’ll find that | Lindsay 我觉得你会慢慢意识到 |
[15:54] | some of what used to seem clueless about me | 你以前觉得我不擅长的事情 |
[15:57] | is actually something I’m quite good at. | 其实是我最擅长的 |
[16:00] | This… is where I belong. | 这才是我的天地 |
[16:02] | If you’re new here, you need to go to the window. | 你是新来的 得坐到窗户那边去 |
[16:05] | Uh, fill out this form first. | 先填一下表格 |
[16:07] | And there’s some personal questions on it, like, uh, | 上面有一些很私人的问题 |
[16:09] | how you first got hooked. | 比如说 第一次是怎么接触上的 |
[16:10] | Well, that’s an easy one: | 不过 这很简单 |
[16:11] | You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown. | 因为看了 Charlie Brown 你是个好人 |
[16:14] | No, uh, no,Mame. | 不 不是 是欢乐梅姑 |
[16:15] | No, ma’am…? | 不 女士 |
[16:17] | You’re A Good Man… | 你是个好男人 |
[16:18] | You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown. | 你是个好人Charlie Brown |
[16:19] | Gypsy. Gypsy. | 你就写 玫瑰舞后 |
[16:20] | Just come up here and be | 上来讲一讲 |
[16:22] | as truthful as possible. | 尽量真诚的表达 |
[16:24] | Okay, this is * overwhelming. | 真是太[哔]令人激动了 |
[16:26] | They’re starting the monologues. | 独白环节开始了 |
[16:27] | I think this is from Songs for My Father. | 这应该是<父亲之歌>里面的 |
[16:30] | This * is * up, right? | 这[哔]可真[哔]不是吗 |
[16:32] | What did you say | 你刚说 |
[16:32] | the name of this acting class was again? | 这个表演班的名字叫什么来着 |
[16:34] | Method One Clinic. | 方法演技课 |
[16:35] | Okay, I’m gonna go get coffee. | 我要去拿杯咖啡 |
[16:38] | Garden Grove Method One Clinic. | Garden Grove表演方法课 |
[16:39] | And moments later, as Lindsay, once again, | 不一会儿 Lindsay又再一次 |
[16:42] | found herself questioning her husband’s choices | 开始质疑她丈夫的那些选择 |
[16:45] | one of hers was questioned. | 而她的那些选择也正遭受质疑 |
[16:47] | Ugh! That’s not Free Trade, | 这可不是免费的 |
[16:48] | and if it’s not Free Trade, it’s * . | 不是免费的 是[哔]收费的 |
[16:50] | – I wouldn’t… | – 要我就不会 |
[16:52] | You don’t look like a junkie. | 你看起来不像是瘾君子 |
[16:53] | You do. What do you weigh, like, 90 pounds? | 你看起来就像啊 你最多也就90磅 |
[16:56] | That’s so funny! | 真有意思 |
[16:58] | God, um… thank you. | 天哪 谢谢 |
[16:59] | But-but no, no. | 但是 不 |
[17:00] | If I’m addicted to anything, it’s alcohol. | 我只对酒感兴趣 |
[17:03] | I’m Lindsay. | 我是Lindsay |
[17:04] | And you’re… hmm! “Bit me.” | 你名叫 咬我 |
[17:07] | No, I don’t like giving my name to any state organization, | 不是 我只是不喜欢透露真实姓名 |
[17:09] | especially after I got kicked off the voter rolls, | 尤其是被选民中心赶出来以后 |
[17:11] | ’cause I accidentally signed up for the wrong political group. | 因为我意外加入了错误的政治组织 |
[17:14] | Wow. What group was that? | 哇喔 那是个什么组织 |
[17:16] | You know, I don’t even remember. | 其实我不记得了 |
[17:18] | Just some guy in a booth on the boardwalk. | 就是路边电话亭旁边有个人在招人 |
[17:20] | He joined Al Qaeda. | 他加入的是基地恐怖组织 |
[17:22] | And I only signed up ’cause he was giving away | 我报名参加是因为他们在免费发放 |
[17:23] | a free beard brush. | 胡须刷 |
[17:24] | …that says “Al Qaeda” On it. | 上面写着 基地组织 |
[17:26] | But maybe he thought it was the designer of the brush. | 但是他还以为是个牌子 |
[17:28] | 胡须刷 100%猪鬃 马里制造 | |
[17:29] | I’m Marky Bark. | 我是Marky Bark |
[17:31] | Of the tree-freer Barks? | 那个保护树木的Bark |
[17:33] | Marky was the son of Johnny Bark, | Marky是Johnny Bark的儿子 |
[17:35] | an activist that Lindsay had once helped save, | 之前和Lindsay一起拯救过一棵树 |
[17:38] | and then kill, a tree. | 但是树还是被砍了 |
[17:39] | Oh, my God! I remember him! | 哦 天哪 我记得他 |
[17:41] | I remember thinking, one day, | 记得当时我就在想 他总有一天 |
[17:42] | he was just gonna fall out of a tree | 会从树上掉下来 |
[17:44] | and break his neck. | 摔断脖子 |
[17:45] | Whatever happened to him? | 他怎么样了 |
[17:46] | He fell out of a tree and broke his neck. | 他从树上掉下来摔断了脖子 |
[17:48] | Oh, God… | 哦 天哪 |
[17:49] | No, I’m just kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[17:50] | – – Oh… | 哦 |
[17:52] | So how is he? | 那他现在怎么样 |
[17:53] | Oh, he’s dead. | 他死了 |
[17:54] | But natural causes. | 不过是自然死亡 |
[17:56] | A bunch of deranged bees chased him out of a tree | 他爬到树上捅了蜂窝 |
[17:57] | and he fell to his death. | 躲蜜蜂的时候从树上掉下来摔死了 |
[17:58] | So, are you here alone, or…? | 那你 自己一个人 |
[18:00] | No, I’m with her. | 不 我和她一起来的 |
[18:01] | She’s a committee member. | 她是委员会成员 |
[18:03] | Which committee is that? | 什么委员会 |
[18:06] | Itty-bitty * . | 小[哔] |
[18:07] | What a wonderful sense of humor. | 你太幽默了 |
[18:10] | Listen, the only time DeBrie can keep food down is for about 20 minutes | 听着 DeBrie在美沙酮药劲 |
[18:13] | after she comes crashing off the methadone, so… | 发作20分钟过后才会吃东西 |
[18:15] | – Oh… – would you care to join us | – 哦 – 一会儿要不要和我们 |
[18:16] | as we rustle up some grub to shove down our mouths? | 我们可以一起去吃点东西 |
[18:20] | I would like that very much. | 我很乐意 |
[18:22] | So Tobias and Lindsay drove | Tobias和Lindsay开车去 |
[18:24] | to meet their new friends for lunch. | 和他们的新朋友一起吃午饭 |
[18:26] | They are such a neat couple! | 多友善的一对 |
[18:28] | Aren’t they neat! | 可不是吗 |
[18:30] | It’s so fun to have another couple to go out with. | 来一次四人约会真不错 |
[18:32] | He’s amazing. | 他真是太赞了 |
[18:33] | I mean, so passionate about real issues. | 他对实在的问题充满激情 |
[18:35] | He’s a real activist– like me. | 就像我一样愤青 |
[18:37] | And she’s a real actress, like me! | 他女朋友也像我一样是个真正的演员 |
[18:40] | Oh, she used to be in big movies, | 哦 她还演过电影呢 |
[18:42] | but then, like a lot of actors, the teeth go… | 但是 跟其他的演员一样 牙齿都 |
[18:45] | Mm! | 嗯 |
[18:45] | But she is the perfect age | 但是她正当成名好莱坞的 |
[18:47] | to be a Hollywood actress–42. | 好年华 42岁 |
[18:49] | Is that all? | 就这些吗 |
[18:51] | Oh, I think this is the place. | 哦 我想应该是这里 |
[18:52] | It’s a barter restaurant. | 易货餐厅 |
[18:54] | Marky doesn’t believe in money. | Marky不喜欢谈钱 |
[18:57] | Do I like barter? | 我喜欢换东西吗 |
[18:58] | No, it means they don’t deal with money. | 不 就是说 不用钱消费 |
[19:00] | That’s why I swiped that methadone tray. | 所以我才偷了一个托盘出来 |
[19:04] | What interesting friends we’ve made. | 我们认识了很有趣的朋友 |
[19:06] | I think this is exactly what our marriage needed. | 我觉得我们的婚姻正是需要这样乐趣 |
[19:16] | Lindsay and Tobias gathered | Lindsay和Tobias |
[19:17] | with their new friends… | 与他们的新朋友碰了头 |
[19:18] | Hi, y’all! This your first time…? | 你们好 第一次来 |
[19:20] | …at CW Swappigans, | CW 易货餐厅 |
[19:22] | a chain that sprung up after the economic collapse. | 经济萧条后迅速崛起的一个连锁餐厅 |
[19:25] | We are like a Salvation Army meets a soup kitchen, | 我们的餐厅就像野战军外加流动厨房 |
[19:28] | meets a gastro pub, | 外加美食酒吧 |
[19:30] | meets a Marxist-or Leninist-type social structure. | 外加马列社会主义 |
[19:33] | These are things that you can order | 你们可以点这些 |
[19:35] | and these are things that we will accept. | 作为交换我们接受以下物品 |
[19:37] | As you see on the bottom, we don’t have the fish, | 你可以看到下面写着 我们不提供鱼 |
[19:40] | and we’re not taking any more lava lamps. | 我们再也不接受火山台灯了 |
[19:42] | Uh-oh! I can see this one’s got | 哦 我看到这位 |
[19:44] | that deer in the headlights look! | 露出小鹿一样恐慌的眼神 |
[19:46] | Oh, no. He just took some methadone. | 哦 不是 他刚磕了美沙酮 |
[19:48] | He thought he was driving, with a cocktail tray. | 他拿着拖盘当方向盘使 |
[19:51] | Oh, speaking of that… | 说道这个 |
[19:53] | How about mozzarella sticks for the table? | 来一份奶酪棒怎么样 |
[19:56] | Cocktail tray, light scratching, for mozzarella sticks. | 托盘加火柴 换一份奶酪棒 |
[19:59] | Six, no sauce. | 六个 不要调味 |
[20:02] | And maybe some sparkling water for the table. | 再来点苏打水 |
[20:04] | Oh, I’m sorry, sir. We’re no longer taking hotel soaps. | 不好意思先生 我们不接受宾馆的香皂 |
[20:07] | This is fun. | 真有意思 |
[20:08] | A lot of people couldn’t handle | 很多人都受不了第一次四人约会 |
[20:10] | a Dumpster dive for their first double date. | 就来这样的垃圾堆里 |
[20:12] | Is that what this is? | 这算约会吗 |
[20:16] | Now, wait… wait a second. | 等 等下 |
[20:18] | I wasn’t driving? | 我没在开车啊 |
[20:20] | It’s just so refreshing to meet people | 认识对改变现状有激情的 |
[20:22] | with real passion about changing the status quo. | 年轻人真是太鼓舞人了 |
[20:26] | Lindsay and I don’t have a single friend. | Lindsay和我一个朋友也没有 |
[20:29] | Is the food here yet? | 吃的怎么还没上来 |
[20:31] | I’m not hungry, but… but, uh… | 我倒不饿 只是有点儿 |
[20:34] | – Oh, look, it’s butter. – DeBrie. | – 看 黄油 – DeBrie |
[20:40] | DeBrie, that’s our butter. | DeBrie 这是我们的黄油 |
[20:41] | We were going to swap it for dessert. | 用来换甜点的 |
[20:42] | No, she’s improvising. Uh, yes, ma’am. | 她在即兴表演 是的 女士 |
[20:45] | You seem to be liking that butter substitute | 你好像很喜欢 |
[20:47] | at Swappigans. | Swappigans的黄油 |
[20:48] | Uh, yes, and… | 好的 |
[20:49] | wh-what else could you swap for? | 你还有什么想交换的 |
[20:52] | Uh, yes, and… uh… | 好的 额 |
[20:54] | Oh, I’m out. She’s too good. | 我没话说了 她演的太棒了 |
[20:56] | I… I don’t know who my guy is. | 我都不知道怎么演了 |
[20:58] | I don’t… I don’t have a guy. | 我完全没主意了 |
[20:59] | No, she just likes butter. | 不 她只是喜欢吃黄油 |
[21:00] | Come on, let’s get you cleaned up. | 跟我来 好好清理一下 |
[21:01] | – Don’t touch anything. – Marky, I’ll take her. | – 别碰任何东西 – Marky我来吧 |
[21:02] | You two just got here. | 你们两个在这 |
[21:04] | Have a chat about. I’ll clean her up. | 聊聊天 我去帮她弄干净 |
[21:06] | Come on, DeBrie. – Num, num, num, num. | 走吧 DeBrie |
[21:08] | – I’m sorry. – Don’t be. | – 真不好意思 – 不会 |
[21:09] | I-I love it here. | 我挺喜欢这的 |
[21:11] | My mother would hate this place. | 我妈妈肯定很讨厌这 |
[21:13] | You know, Lindsay, I-I have to tell you, | Lindsay 实话跟你讲 |
[21:14] | when I first met you, I thought you were one of those | 我第一次见到你 以为你是那种 |
[21:17] | typical, uptight, snobby, Newport Beach, | 城里来的 典型的 暴躁的 势利的 |
[21:21] | vapid… nut-busters! | 无聊的 讨厌鬼 |
[21:25] | You know, one of those monsters | 你知道 那种占用自然湿地 |
[21:26] | that lives in a 10,000-square-foot house | 盖起1万公尺的房子 |
[21:28] | that they destroyed the wetlands for. | 的讨厌鬼 |
[21:30] | Those were wetlands? | 我家盖在湿地上吗 |
[21:32] | That explains our Thanksgiving miracle. | 那我们的感恩节奇迹就说得通了 |
[21:34] | What do you mean, you didn’t make dinner? | 你说什么 你没有做晚饭 |
[21:35] | I didn’t realize it was Thursday, okay? | 我不知道今天是星期四 好吗 |
[21:37] | There’s got to be something here. | 应该有些吃的东西 |
[21:40] | Oh! Oh! | 哦 哦 |
[21:42] | Oh! Get it! Get it! | 哦 抓住它 快 |
[21:44] | Chase it into the oven! | 把它赶到烤箱里去 |
[21:45] | Come on. Come on. Here, little ducky. | 来吧 到这来 小鸭子 |
[21:48] | – That’s a good duck. – Good duck. | – 真是一只乖鸭子 – 乖鸭子 |
[21:50] | – In you go! | – 走你 |
[21:52] | This is going to be the greatest Thanksgiving ever. | 这是我过的最好的感恩节 |
[21:55] | It’s a miracle! | 这是一个奇迹 |
[21:57] | Well, I actually do live | 其实 我现在 |
[21:58] | in a fairly large house right now. | 确实住在一个大房子里 |
[22:01] | But we’ve never made a payment on it. | 但是我们没花钱 |
[22:02] | So you’re sticking it to Big Banking. | 所以说你们傍上银行了 |
[22:04] | – That’s cool. – Yes. | – 真酷 – 是的 |
[22:06] | In fact, I’m only in America | 事实上 我留在美国 |
[22:08] | because a shaman told me that love | 是因为我的萨满告诉我 |
[22:09] | would come to me when I accepted who I am | 当我认识自己的时候爱情就会到来 |
[22:12] | – and didn’t run away. – Sounds like a good shaman. | – 而且不会再失去 – 听起来真是一个好萨满 |
[22:14] | Oh, he was the house shaman at the Four Seasons Mumbai, | 他是孟买四季酒店的镇店萨满 |
[22:17] | so you figure he’s got to be pretty good. | 所以你就该知道他很神咯 |
[22:20] | Oh, and he turned into an ostrich at the end, so… | 然后他变成了一只鸵鸟 |
[22:23] | They’re not going to have that at the Embassy Suites. | 他们可不能在大使馆酒店养那个 |
[22:25] | That’s funny. I actually run an ostrich farm. | 真巧 我在养鸵鸟 |
[22:28] | Co… incidence! | 巧 合 |
[22:33] | That’s not a coincidence. | 这不是巧合 |
[22:34] | Yes, it is. | 不 是的 |
[22:37] | Mini pizzas, no pepperoni! | 迷你披萨 不加香肠 |
[22:39] | Marky, I’ve got to tell you, | Marky我得告诉你 |
[22:40] | talking about these social issues, it’s… | 这么长时间以来 |
[22:43] | the first time I’ve felt like myself | 我第一次和一个人谈论人生理想 |
[22:45] | in a really long time. | 让我感受到了自我 |
[22:47] | That’s because I say what I mean, I do what I feel. | 那是因为 我说即我想 我做即我知 |
[22:50] | No lies. | 实话 |
[22:51] | Lindsay felt guilty | Lindsay突然感到内疚 |
[22:52] | because she was about to go enter | 因为她正要去一个螃蟹餐馆改造的 |
[22:53] | a crab house courtroom and do just that. | 海事法庭去做这样的事 |
[22:56] | That’s why my motto is: | 所以我的座右铭是 |
[22:58] | “Live truthfully and skate through life.” | 过真实而流畅的人生 |
[23:01] | Marky felt guilty because it wasn’t his motto. | Marky也觉得内疚因为这并不是他的座右铭 |
[23:04] | It was the motto of a surf and skateboard company. | 这是一个滑板的广告语 |
[23:06] | Live truthfully. | 热爱生活 |
[23:07] | Skate through life. | 滑出精彩 |
[23:10] | That’s amazing. | 太动人了 |
[23:12] | I haven’t felt this deep | 我好久没有跟谁 |
[23:13] | a connection with someone in a long, long time. | 有这样惺惺相惜的感觉了 |
[23:21] | Other than DeBrie. | 除了DeBrie |
[23:22] | I can’t believe we just did that. | 真不敢相信 我们这样做了 |
[23:24] | I can’t believe how little give your teeth have. | 真不敢相信你牙齿真小 |
[23:26] | So, where do you keep your ostriches? | 能带我去参观你的鸵鸟园吗 |
[23:28] | Sheraton mini soap for a taco salad? | 用喜来登酒店的小香皂换墨西哥沙拉 |
[23:30] | We don’t take hotel soap! | 我们不接受酒店的香皂 |
[23:31] | And perhaps it was to get back at her mother… | 也许是为了报复她母亲 |
[23:33] | – Leave a tip! Leave a tip! – …or to get out of | – 给小费 小费 – 也许是为了摆脱 |
[23:35] | a relationship that had been over for a long time, | 一段错误的因缘 |
[23:38] | but that’s when Lindsay hopped off | Lindsay随他飞奔而去 |
[23:40] | to pursue a life she felt was her destiny. | 去追求她理想中的浪漫生活 |
[23:43] | And the new lovers discovered each other. | 这一对爱侣探索着对方 |
[23:46] | The beautiful female body, | 一个美丽的女性酮体 |
[23:48] | the horrible male. | 和一个龌龊的男性 |
[23:56] | Wow. That was so… | 哇喔 真是非常 |
[23:59] | – fast. – Thanks. | – 快啊 – 谢谢夸奖 |
[24:01] | Well, I didn’t know how long we’d be stuck in traffic, so… | 不知道堵车堵了多久了 |
[24:03] | Oh! And it sounds | 哦 看起来 |
[24:05] | – like it’s moving, so… – Move it! | – 已经不堵了 – 快开啊 |
[24:07] | Come on! Come on! | 快点儿 快 |
[24:08] | – Let’s go! – Careful! | – 我们走 – 小心 |
[24:11] | And as they drove, they learned so much about each other. | 在路上的时候 他们相互了解了对方 |
[24:14] | I was always just in such a rush to grow up | 小时候 我特别想快点儿长大 |
[24:16] | and change this world, and foolishly, | 急着想改变世界 |
[24:18] | the teeth I pulled were my adult teeth, | 于是我傻乎乎的 拔掉了我的恒牙 |
[24:21] | so this guy all the way to that guy back there, | 所以这颗就开始往后长 |
[24:23] | that’s a… just a piece of wood I stick in there. | 我只好放了一根木棍在里面 |
[24:26] | I mean, they’re just chewing tools. | 反正牙齿就是嚼东西的工具 |
[24:28] | I don’t care about looks. | 我不才不在乎好不好看 |
[24:29] | But you find me pretty, though, right? | 但是你觉得我很好看 对吧 |
[24:32] | No. | 不 |
[24:32] | I have no idea what you look like. | 我不清楚你长得怎么样 |
[24:34] | I have this condition called face blindness. | 我有脸盲症 |
[24:37] | I mean, I can tell you’re a woman. | 就是说 我只能看出来你是一个女人 |
[24:38] | Oh, stop. | 哦 别闹了 |
[24:40] | But, honestly, no, all I see is, like, | 实际上 我只能看出 |
[24:42] | eyes and nose, you know, hair, ears and… | 你有眼睛鼻子头发耳朵 其他一概不知 |
[24:45] | But I can tell you got a great heart, Lindsay. | 但是我能看出你有一颗美丽的心灵 Lindsay |
[24:48] | I can tell you’ve been living a lie. | 我可以看出你曾虚度生活 |
[24:50] | You and I are going to change this world together. | 但我们将一起改变世界 |
[24:54] | You know, my shaman | 我的萨满曾经告诉我 |
[24:56] | told me that I should stop caring about appearances. | 我不应该太注重外表 |
[24:58] | You know, my whole life, that’s all anyone has ever praised. | 我从小到大 受到过太多的赞美 |
[25:02] | All my mom ever cared about. | 我妈妈觉得 |
[25:04] | Because I’m really pretty. | 我只是个花瓶 |
[25:07] | I just thought I’d tell you that so the story made sense. | 我应该跟你说清楚 你好理解 |
[25:10] | – I don’t care. – But I guess it’s kind of karma | – 我不在乎 – 我想这都是命中注定 |
[25:12] | that I ended up with someone who wanted to make love to me | 我最后会和我的灵魂伴侣相爱 |
[25:15] | no matter what I look like. | 不管我长相如何 |
[25:17] | Also wanted to make sure you weren’t a dude. | 我还想确认一下 你应该不是男人吧 |
[25:19] | I can tell with voices usually, but some guys, they’ll… | 通常我可以从声音分辨出来 但是有些男人 |
[25:22] | they’ll fool you if that’s what they want to do. | 会装假嗓子迷惑我 |
[25:26] | Hey… | 嘿 |
[25:28] | Are you smiling at me? | 你在对我微笑吗 |
[25:31] | Lindsay decided it was only fair | Lindsay觉得应该跟她的丈夫 |
[25:33] | to let her husband know | 解释一下 |
[25:34] | their new start had reached a new end. | 他们俩的新生活又结束了 |
[25:37] | I left. | 我走了 |
[25:38] | I guess you noticed. | 你大概也发现了 |
[25:40] | Um, look, I’m sorry. | 但是 我很抱歉 |
[25:41] | I-I really do care about you, Tobias, but we were trying | 我很在乎你 Tobias 但是无论 |
[25:44] | to save something that just couldn’t be saved. | 我们怎么做都是徒劳 |
[25:48] | And I have to follow my shaman’s advice. I… | 我觉得听从萨满的教导 |
[25:51] | I have to be true to myself for once. | 勇敢的正视自己 |
[25:56] | And Marky, he sees me for who I really am. | Marky他 帮助我找到了真正的自己 |
[26:00] | – He respects me and… – Come on, lady! | – 他尊重我而且 – 拜托 小姐 |
[26:02] | You want to wrap this up? | 你要霸占多久 |
[26:03] | My lady needs to call her loser ex. | 我女朋友想给她的屌丝前夫打电话 |
[26:05] | Marky, it’s me. | Marky 是我 |
[26:07] | Lindsay It’s Lindsay. | |
[26:09] | Oh. | 哦 |
[26:11] | I thought you were taking a dump. | 我以为你在蹲厕所 |
[26:12] | Oh, I must have scared the | 我肯定把厕所里的那位女士 |
[26:13] | * off that lady in the bathroom | [哔]吓得不轻 |
[26:14] | when I threw the door open and told her I loved her. | 我刚闯进厕所对她说我爱她 |
[26:20] | He loves me? | 他说爱我 |
[26:22] | Sorry. False alarm. | 对不起 认错人了 |
[26:24] | – I don’t love you. – Uh, I got to go. | – 我爱的不是你 – 我得挂了 |
[26:25] | Can you delete this so | 你可不可以听完就把这条留言删了 |
[26:26] | – I can leave a message for Maeby? – It’s good. She’s fine. | – 我好留言给Maeby – 她没事 |
[26:28] | And soon, the lovers arrived | 很快 这对情侣 |
[26:30] | and discovered the joys of their new desert home, | 在野外安了家 并开始了新生活 |
[26:33] | dancing and making love all night. | 他们整夜的跳舞 做爱 |
[26:36] | Now, that time… | 这次也 |
[26:39] | was also very quick. | 挺快的 |
[26:41] | And now we’ve freed the night up to dance again. | 这样我们有更多的时间跳舞了 |
[26:44] | – Come on. – Oh. Okay. | – 来吧 – 哦 好 |
[26:46] | And the next day, | 第二天 |
[26:47] | Lindsay awoke to discover the destiny | Lindsay醒来发现 |
[26:49] | foretold to her in India in drab colors before her. | 萨满预言中的理想生活 在现实里有些走样 |
[26:54] | Get away from her. | 走开 |
[26:55] | Don’t mess with her! | 别招惹她 |
[26:56] | She’s none of your business. | 她不是的玩具 |
[26:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:00] | I said get away from her, you slut! | 我是让你离她远点 荡妇 |
[27:02] | You’re scaring the bird. | 你吓坏了我的鸟 |
[27:03] | No, no, Mom. | 不 不 妈妈 |
[27:04] | Mom, she’s with us. | 妈妈 她是我带来的 |
[27:05] | She lives with us now. | 她现在要和我们住在一起 |
[27:07] | And, Mom, she tells me she’s pretty. | 而且 她告诉我她长得很美 |
[27:11] | I have the worst * shaman. | 我他妈拜错神了 |
[27:19] | On the Next Arrested Development. | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[27:21] | The defense calls to the oyster bar thing where they sit | 下一个坐上牡蛎吧辩席的是 |
[27:25] | the adopted daughter, Lindsay Bluth. | 收养的女儿Lindsay Bluth |
[27:28] | Another chair is empty | Lucille的审判会上 |
[27:29] | – at Lucille’s trial. – Lindsay… | – 又多了一个空位 – Lindsay |
[27:32] | Mr. Zuckerkorn, | Zuckerkorn先生 |
[27:33] | Shrimp-Shooter Nights starts in 15 minutes. | 猎虾派对还有15分钟就要开始了 |
[27:36] | Is your witness going to appear? | 你的证人到了没有 |
[27:38] | “Appear.” | 出现 |
[27:39] | Oh, I thought the one on the pier was a Bubba Gump’s. | 哦 我以为码头上的人是 巴布·阿甘餐馆的 |
[27:44] | And, in an effort to be less glamorous, | 为了不再让人觉得自己是花瓶 |
[27:46] | Lindsay cuts her hair only to discover, | Lindsay剪了头发 |
[27:49] | – much to her frustration… – Great. Even cuter. | – 效果却适得其反 – 这下好了 比以前还美 |
[27:53] | And Tobias becomes addicted | Tobias对他的事业 |
[27:55] | – to his new profession. – I’m an addict, and I’m starving. | – 更加上瘾了 – 我有毒瘾 而且我很饿 |
[27:57] | Yes, you are starving, so would you like some butter? | 对 你很饿 想不想来点儿奶油 |
[28:00] | I could give you some butter, | 我这有些奶油 |
[28:01] | and, uh, you can pay for it w-with a shoe. | 你可以用一只鞋来交换 |
[28:04] | Um… I’m sorry, but, uh, | 不好意思 |
[28:06] | his guy’s not giving my guy anything, uh, to react to. | 这家伙一点表演反应都没有 |
[28:09] | Uh, could I get some more of that, uh, acting juice? | 我能再来点 特制饮料吗 |