时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything, | 故事是关于一个原本富足的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice | 其中一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 欢迎收看<发展受阻> |
[00:18] | Michael was trying to include his brother in the business, | Michael试着让他哥参与公司的事务 |
[00:21] | at his father’s request. | 因为是老爸要求的 |
[00:24] | So, the last couple of months have seen us haemorrhaging money. | 过去的几个月公司资金大量流失 |
[00:27] | But he was finding himself overwhelmed by the change. | 他对公司的变化感到惊讶 |
[00:31] | Is it my turn to speak yet? I’ve got a good one. | 轮到我了吗 我有个好点子呢 |
[00:33] | We’re gonna wait till after lunch for the tricks. | 我们要到午餐过后再看你的把戏 |
[00:35] | That’s not a trick, Michael. It’s a business opportunity. | 才不是把戏呢 Michael 是一个商机 |
[00:40] | Okay, you can turn the music off. I already shot my wad. Off! | 好了 把音乐关了吧 我已经把东西喷出来了 关掉 |
[00:44] | But that’s tape! It’s… | 那是录音带 那是 |
[00:48] | I have got a quick way | 我有一个让我们 |
[00:50] | for us to literally be showered with money. | 赚大钱的快捷办法 |
[00:54] | That’s where the penny thing would’ve… | 本来那零钱是要现在喷出来的 |
[00:59] | Bonus. | 意外收获哦 |
[01:00] | Anyway, it involves us making some money | 那是跟哥伦比亚籍的墨西哥朋友 |
[01:01] | with our Mexican friends from Colombia. | 有关的生财计划 |
[01:04] | I think they’re called Colombians. | 我想该称他们为哥伦比亚人 |
[01:06] | Oh, I forgot. We’re being politically correct now. | 噢 我忘了 我们现在是玩政治正确那一套 |
[01:10] | Anyway, there’s a company there | 有家公司想要和我们在 |
[01:11] | that wants to develop some timeshares with us. | 分时享用度假别墅所有权的项目上合作 |
[01:14] | I told them that we’ll sell them our blueprints for 100 grand! | 我告诉他们我们将以十万美元的价格把设计图卖给他们 |
[01:18] | Gob, we’re prohibited from doing any business outside the country | Gob 在受调查期间 我们公司被禁止在 |
[01:21] | while we’re under investigation. | 国外做生意 |
[01:22] | Translation, “Wish I’d thought of that.” | 其实你是想说 “要是我想到这点子就好了” |
[01:24] | Nice translating, Dad. | 说得好 老爸 |
[01:26] | Also, I had this slogan made up. A Columbian cartel that won’t kidnap and kill you. | 而且 我已经做好了标语 |
[01:29] | A Columbian cartel that won’t kidnap and kill you. | 一个不会绑架并杀害你的哥伦比亚”集团” |
[01:32] | Underline “Won’t,” ’cause that | 强调”不会” 因为那 |
[01:34] | makes the competition look like maybe they… | 使得竞争对手看起来像… |
[01:35] | I’m serious. We’re not doing it. It’s illegal. | 我是认真的 我们不会这么做 那是犯法的 |
[01:37] | And it’s also kind of a stupid way to make a quick buck. | 而且似乎是个赚快钱的脑残办法 |
[01:40] | – It’s not stupid. You’re stupid. – Nice pout, Dad. | – 这点子才不脑残 你才脑残 – 回得好 老爸 |
[01:43] | I wasn’t calling you stupid, I was calling the idea stupid. | 我不是说你脑残 我是说这主意脑残 |
[01:46] | And if you’d spend a little | 如果你花多点时间在生意上 |
[01:47] | bit more time learning about the business | 少花点时间在变魔术上的话 |
[01:48] | and less time with tricks, you’d know that. | 你就知道这有多脑残 |
[01:51] | If I didn’t have a live dove in my pants right now, | 要不是我裤裆里有只鸽子 |
[01:53] | I would leap across this table and… You know what? Forget it. | 我会扑到桌面上 你猜怎么着 管他的 |
[01:57] | Let’s go ahead and take five. | 咱们继续 休息五分钟 |
[01:58] | Michael was frustrated, | Michael很郁闷 |
[02:00] | and returned to his office to find Lindsay. | 回到他的办公室找Linsay |
[02:03] | Gob is driving me crazy. | Gob让我烦透了 |
[02:04] | You know, I finally got rid of him for a little while | 我好不容易摆脱了他一下子 |
[02:06] | and Dad put him right back in the business. | 然后爸又让他回来插手生意上的事 |
[02:08] | You two always fought, I think I even have videod that. | 你俩从小打到大 我好像还有你们打架的录像带呢 |
[02:11] | You and half Orange County. | 你和全县一半人都有 |
[02:12] | As children, George, Sr | 在他们小的时候 老George |
[02:14] | would often provoke the boys to fight one another. | 经常挑拨儿子 让他们打架 |
[02:17] | He’s calling you a liar. | 他说你是骗子 |
[02:19] | I don’t want your cards, Michael! | 我才不要你的卡片 Michael |
[02:21] | He believed it created a competitive spirit | 他认为这样可以让他们懂得竞争 |
[02:23] | which equipped them for the challenges of life. | 为日后生活中的挑战做准备 |
[02:26] | Let’s keep it in frame. | 不要跑出镜头范围了 |
[02:27] | He also believed footage of the tussles would be a big hit | 同时他相信录下来的这些打斗场面 |
[02:31] | in the burgeoning home video market. | 会在新兴的家庭录像市场中火起来 |
[02:34] | He soon franchised the concept with such titles as Boyfights 2, | 后来他还授予了好斗小子2特许权 |
[02:41] | 好斗小子 野餐大战 | |
[02:41] | a Boyfights Cookout… | 好斗小子之野餐大战 |
[02:43] | Buster, get out of there. | Buster 走开 |
[02:43] | … and Backseat Boyfights: The Trip to Uncle Jack’s 70th. | 后座好斗小子: 在去往杰克叔叔70大寿的路上 |
[02:45] | 后座好斗小子 通往杰克叔叔70大寿之路 | |
[02:48] | How do you think I feel? | 你觉得我怎么想的呢 |
[02:49] | You weren’t even in the tapes. | 你都没在录像带上出现 |
[02:50] | No, I was talking about my marriage. | 不 我是说我的婚姻 |
[02:52] | Are we still talking about the tapes? | 我们还在讲录像带的事吗 |
[02:54] | Apparently not. What’s going on with your marriage? | 显然不是 你的婚姻怎么了 |
[02:56] | Well, as you know, Bob Loblaw | 就是Bob Loblaw和我 |
[02:58] | and I have had a secret little thing going. | 有个小小的秘密 |
[03:00] | Very secret. He doesn’t even know, does he? | 很神秘 神秘到他自己都不知道 对吧 |
[03:02] | He has not known of it, that’s correct. | 对的 他还不知道 |
[03:04] | But last night he finally responded to one of my little hints. | 但昨晚他终于对我给他的暗示作出了回应 |
[03:08] | – Why won’t you… me? – Look, I’m not blind. | – 你为什么不[哔]我 – 听着 我可不是瞎子 |
[03:11] | You’re an attractive woman, | 你是个很有魅力的女人 |
[03:12] | and you’ve been dressing like a common whore. | 而且你穿得像个站街女 |
[03:14] | Well, I’ve been trying. | 我也不想的 |
[03:15] | But you asked me to represent you in your divorce. | 但你让我做你离婚案的代理律师 |
[03:18] | I can’t see a client. | 我不能和客户约会的 |
[03:19] | Well, then recommend somebody else. | 那就推荐别人吧 |
[03:21] | Well, our copy boy is very striking, | 咱们办公室的送稿生长得挺俊的 |
[03:23] | but he often has toner on his fingers. | 只是他手指经常沾着碳粉而已 |
[03:25] | I meant another lawyer. | 我是说给我推荐一个律师 |
[03:28] | So now I have to tell Tobias we’re getting divorced, you know, | 所以现在我要告诉Tobias我想要离婚 |
[03:31] | break the news to Maeby, | 委婉地把这坏消息告诉Maeby |
[03:32] | plus fit an eyebrow pluck in there, all before the weekend. | 还有在周末前修一下眉 |
[03:35] | Perhaps you can talk to Maeby | 或许你可以在修眉的时候 |
[03:36] | while you’re getting your eyebrows plucked. | 告诉Maeby这消息 |
[03:37] | It’ll look like your eyes are watering ’cause you’re sad. | 这样看起来你眼睛含着泪 像是很伤心的样子 |
[03:40] | Later that day, Michael went to his parents’apartment | 那天迟些时候 Michael去他父母的家 |
[03:43] | to talk about the problem he was having with Gob. | 跟他们讨论一下他跟Gob之间的事 |
[03:47] | – What’s going on here? – They’re painting the whole building, | – 这里怎么回事 – 他们要把整座房子都漆一遍 |
[03:49] | so I’m having the inside done, too. | 我要把这里面的东西都搬好 |
[03:51] | And that goes into storage, right, | 这个是要放进仓库 |
[03:54] | not into your apartment? | 而不是放进你家的 对吧 |
[03:57] | What’s Spanish for, “I know you speak English”? | “我知道你会说英语”用西班牙语怎么说 |
[03:59] | Mom, if you’re gonna speak to these guys like this, | 妈 你真要跟他们这么说话的话 |
[04:01] | you might wanna sleep with one eye open. | 你可要睁着一只眼睡觉 |
[04:03] | Actually, I’ll be sleeping at your place. | 实际上 我要在你房子睡 |
[04:06] | The paint fumes are deadly. | 油漆味可是致命的 |
[04:08] | You know Dad’s under house arrest here. | 你知道爸现在还在软禁吧 |
[04:10] | It’ll be nice to get a break from him, too. | 摆脱一下他也挺好的 |
[04:12] | Besides, I certainly can’t recuperate here. | 而且 在这里我肯定不能”保养” |
[04:15] | Recuperate? | “保养” |
[04:17] | I didn’t wanna worry anyone. It’s a routine procedure. | 我不想让你们担心 只是一个常规治疗而已 |
[04:20] | – Very common for women my age. – I see. | – 对于我这种年纪的女人很常见的 – 我懂了 |
[04:22] | The apartment’s not the only thing getting a facelift, huh? | 不只是这房子需要”重新装修” 是吧 |
[04:26] | Hope you kept your punch card. You’re about due for a free one. | 保存好你积分卡 你快可以免费再做一次了 |
[04:28] | We have to pay for the paint. | 我们要给油漆买单的 |
[04:29] | No, no, you’re not getting a centavo | 不 不 你不把所有工作做好 |
[04:30] | until you finish all the work. | 你一分钱也别想得到 |
[04:32] | You guys are both gonna be sleeping with your eyes open. | 这样你们俩都要睁着眼睡觉了 |
[04:34] | Mom, however, will not have a choice. | 而妈你没得选 |
[04:36] | Dad, need you to help me get rid of Gob. | 爸 我要你帮我摆脱Gob |
[04:38] | That ship sailed 35 years ago. | 三十五年前就已经过了这个村咯 |
[04:40] | He doesn’t know anything about the business. | 他一点都不懂生意上的事 |
[04:41] | Today he suggested that we do an illegal Colombian deal. | 今天他还提出要跟哥伦比亚的做非法交易 |
[04:45] | You said that was legal. | 你说那是合法的 |
[04:47] | – It was your idea, Dad? – I may have mentioned it. | – 那是你的主意 爸 – 我可能提了一下 |
[04:50] | You told Gob to do it, didn’t you? | 你让Gob这样做的 对吧 |
[04:52] | Did you just wanna get us at each other’s throats again | 你又想让我们俩掐架了 |
[04:54] | like you used to do with the Boyfights videos? | 就像你让我们拍好斗小子录像那样 |
[04:56] | Boyfights? | 好斗小子 |
[05:00] | We have this video. | 我们有这录像带呢 |
[05:01] | The tapes were a big hit in Latin America. | 这录像带在拉美地区很流行 |
[05:04] | Don’t look at me. I had nothing to do with them. | 不要看着我 我与这事没关 |
[05:06] | Except for some of the Baby-Buster shorts. | 除了那些关于Buster宝宝的短片 |
[05:09] | And maybe I was trying to teach you something. | 那是我在教你做人呢 |
[05:10] | Maybe I was trying to teach you how to compete. | 或者我是在教你怎么跟别人竞争 |
[05:12] | I didn’t do it with Buster, and look how he turned out. | 我没有这么对Buster 你看他现在都成什么熊样了 |
[05:16] | Is Buster. | 那就是Buster |
[05:18] | “Yo quiero leche! Yo quiero leche de madre!” | “我要奶奶 我要喝妈咪的奶奶” |
[05:24] | Boy, those tapes made | 天啊 看来那些录像带 |
[05:25] | quite an impression on these three painters. | 对那三个油漆工三观影响很大啊 |
[05:27] | I think I turned out pretty darn well myself. | 我觉得我过得很好啊 |
[05:29] | You just turned out great. | 是过得很好 |
[05:30] | I used my contacts to get you a job, and you quit! | 我都用了我的关系给你找了份工作 而你给我辞工 |
[05:35] | The job was at an Iraqi-owned toy store | 那是一份在一家伊拉克人开的玩具店 |
[05:38] | that was hoping to deter shoplifting. | 吓走小偷的工作 |
[05:41] | Okay, I’ll just take off this cheap fake hand, | 好了 把这廉价假手脱下来 |
[05:45] | and we’re gonna put on this sign. Beautiful. You like? | 挂上这牌子 帅呆了 喜欢吗 |
[05:50] | They only wanted me because I had one hand. | 他们要我就因为我只有一只手 |
[05:51] | And I won’t do it. That’s not the way Mother is raising me. | 我才不那么做 我妈养我不是为了让我去做这样的工作的 |
[05:54] | Like I won’t compete with my older brother anymore | 就像我不会去跟我的哥哥竞争一样 |
[05:57] | despite the way Father raised me. We’ll show you. | 尽管那是我父亲养我的目的 我们会证明给你看的 |
[06:00] | Just like I showed Mr al-Jibaaly Muhammed a-Abat. | 就像我证明给al Jibaaly Muhammed a Abat先生看一样 |
[06:03] | I stole this sign. | 我偷了这个牌子 |
[06:06] | Of course, I left my hand there also. | 当然 我把假手落在那里了 |
[06:10] | But FAO al-Jibaaly Muhammed a-Abat | 但这玩具店老板并不是唯一一个 |
[06:13] | wasn’t the only one having trouble scaring kids. | 在吓唬小孩方面遇到困难的人 |
[06:17] | So was Hollywood’s third | 好莱坞第三年轻的电影工作室执行人员 |
[06:19] | youngest movie studio executive Maeby Funke. | Maeby Funke也遇到同样问题 |
[06:22] | The creature’s in your imagination. | 那怪物只是你想象出来的 |
[06:30] | That’s the bloodsucker? It looks like Alf. | 那就是吸血鬼 像外星人ALF吧 |
[06:33] | You got a week to fix it. | 限你一个礼拜之内改好 |
[06:34] | This must be the creature that ate our cat. | 一定是那怪物吃了我们家的猫的 |
[06:39] | And Michael met up with Gob. | Michael找到了Gob |
[06:41] | Gob, why didn’t you tell me that Colombian thing was Dad’s idea? | Gob 你为什么不告诉我那哥伦比亚的计划是爸的主意呢 |
[06:44] | Well, Dad said not to, because you don’t think I’m smart, | 爸说不要说出来的 因为你认为我不够聪明 |
[06:47] | and that I should take credit for it. | 而且功劳应该归我的 |
[06:48] | Well, it was just Dad trying to turn us against each other again. | 只是老爸又让我们互相争斗了 |
[06:51] | And of course I think you’re smart, okay? | 而且我当然觉得你很聪明 |
[06:53] | What’s going on down there? What are you doing? | 你那里怎么了 你干嘛呢 |
[06:55] | You don’t want a hungry dove down your pants. | 你可不想让一只饿着肚子的鸽子呆在你裤裆吧 |
[06:58] | That’s how Tony Wonder lost a nut. | Tony Wonder就是那样丢了颗蛋的 |
[06:59] | Look, I know that I don’t know about this housing stuff. | 我知道我不了解这些建房的事情 |
[07:03] | But I’ve got this Christian girlfriend now, | 但现在我有个信基督教的女朋友了 |
[07:05] | and she’s trying to get me | 她想让我成为一个好人 |
[07:07] | to be a better man and reconnect with my son. | 还有和我儿子重新沟通 |
[07:10] | And I’m trying to get her to renounce God and… me. | 而我试着让她与上帝断绝关系和[哔]我 |
[07:13] | And I just wanna prove to her that I’m worth it. | 我只是想证明给她看 我很值得她这么做 |
[07:17] | Well, as always, Gob, a mixed bag there. | 像以前一样 Gob 事情总是好坏参半的 |
[07:18] | But I think the middle | 但我觉得中间有些部分 |
[07:19] | part sounded pretty admirable for a second, | 是挺值得人信服的 |
[07:21] | so here’s what I wanna do. | 要不咱们这么做吧 |
[07:22] | I wanna get you your own banana-stand franchise, | 我让你拥有自己的加盟香蕉店 |
[07:25] | and you can have Steve work at it. | 你可以让Steve在那里工作 |
[07:27] | – You’d do that for me? – Yes. | – 你愿意为我这么做 – 对的 |
[07:28] | Yeah, you can design your own shack… | 你可以自己设计店面 |
[07:30] | Choose my own location? | 我自己选地址 |
[07:31] | Whatever you want. You’re gonna be 100% in charge, all right? | 随你所欲 你将百分百掌权 好吧 |
[07:34] | But the most important thing is that | 但最重要的是 |
[07:35] | we never let Dad turn us against each other again. | 我们永远不能再让爸挑拨我们的关系 |
[07:39] | Thanks, Michael. | 谢谢你 Michael |
[07:46] | If you feel something moving down there, it’s just the bird. | 如果你觉得下面有东西在动的话 那只是只鸟而已 |
[07:48] | I know it. | 我知道 |
[07:54] | And a few days later, Michael got a call from his son. | 几天之后 Michael接到他儿子的电话 |
[07:57] | – Hello. – Hey, Dad. | – 你好 – 嘿 爸爸 |
[07:58] | Did you know Gob started a banana stand? | 你知道Gob大伯开了家香蕉店吗 |
[08:00] | Yeah, that was my idea. | 知道 那是我的主意 |
[08:01] | I’m trying to get us to be less competitive. | 我想让我们竞争得没那么厉害嘛 |
[08:03] | That’s gonna be difficult. | 估计很难了 |
[08:06] | Plus, they have a very aggressive slogan. | 还有 他们的标语很具有挑衅性 |
[08:08] | 我们的 冻香蕉 不会让你 生病死亡 | |
[08:15] | Gob had opened a new frozen banana stand, | Gob开了一家冻香蕉店 |
[08:17] | like, 20 feet from the old frozen banana stand. | 就在距离旧香蕉店的20英尺的地方 |
[08:21] | What’s going on? You just put the stand right here? | 怎么回事 你要把店开在这里 |
[08:23] | Did the research. You know | 我做过调查了 |
[08:25] | that more frozen bananas are sold right here | 这里能卖出更多的冻香蕉 |
[08:26] | on this boardwalk than anywhere in the OC? | 就在这奥县的木板人行道上 |
[08:28] | – Don’t call it that. – Also gonna need a cheque | – 不要这么叫 – 我还要点钱 |
[08:30] | ’cause I kind of went out-of-pocket on the new sign. | 为了做那新招牌我都穷的响叮当了 |
[08:32] | And I need some bananas and some chocolate from the other branch. | 还有我要从另外一家要些香蕉和巧克力 |
[08:34] | Just go ahead. Just take the sign down. | 去吧 把招牌拆下来 |
[08:35] | Take the whole booth down, as a matter of fact. | 把整个亭子都拆了 事实上 |
[08:36] | You’re cannibalising our business. | 你在抢我们的生意 |
[08:38] | You’re just scared of a little competish. | 你只是怕和我竞争而已 |
[08:40] | Well, you know, you guys | 你们连香蕉都没有了 |
[08:41] | don’t even have bananas, so I’m not too worried. | 所以我也不是很怕 |
[08:42] | In fact, you know what? | 实际上 你知道吗 |
[08:44] | Me and my son are gonna | 我和我儿子 |
[08:44] | go ahead and kick your little shack’s ass. | 要打你们个落花流水 |
[08:46] | Dad, it’s okay. We can just work together with them, you know. | 爸爸 没关系的 我们可以和他们一起工作的 |
[08:49] | Yeah, I mean, that makes sense. | 对 那很有道理 |
[08:50] | We don’t really even know the recipe yet. | 我们还没得到秘方呢 |
[08:52] | There’s no recipe. You just | 压根儿就没秘方 |
[08:53] | freeze a banana and then you stick it in… | 只要把香蕉冷冻了 然后把它沾到 |
[08:54] | – Don’t tell them. – Stick it in the what? Stick it in the what? | – 不要告诉他们 – 沾到什么里面 沾到什么里面去 |
[08:56] | No, it’s okay, Son. We’ll figure it out. | 没事的 儿子 我们会自己想出来的 |
[08:58] | And when we do, we’ll have the last laugh. | 到我们想出来的时候 我们会笑到最后的 |
[09:00] | We’ll be the laughing stock of the boardwalk. | 我们会成为木板行人道的传奇的 |
[09:04] | Meanwhile, Lindsay was preparing for her own competition. | 与此同时 Linsay在为她自己的竞争做准备 |
[09:07] | This is Treat. He’ll be representing you. | 这是Treat 他是你的代理律师 |
[09:10] | He started off as my paralegal, but he’s a lawyer now. | 他以前是我的助理 但现在他是个律师了 |
[09:13] | As of next Monday. | 下周一开始才是 |
[09:14] | Well, we’ll fudge that. Lindsay, just do me one favour. | 咱们暂且这样叫吧 Linsay 帮我一个忙 |
[09:18] | Don’t mention me by name when | 当你提到你未来的约会计划时 |
[09:19] | you talk about your future plans for dating. | 不要提到我的名字 |
[09:21] | It reflects poorly on me. | 对我有不利影响 |
[09:23] | – Right, right. The conflict of interest. – Yeah, that, too. | – 对 对 利益冲突 – 对 那也是 |
[09:28] | – Hello, Lindsay. – Tobias, did you get a lawyer? | – 你好啊 Linsay – Tobias 你请律师了吗 |
[09:31] | Only the best-looking and best-educated lawyer in the whole OC. | 请了全奥县最帅的学历最高的律师 |
[09:35] | – Don’t call it that. – Okay. | – 不要这么叫 – 好的 |
[09:36] | – Bob Loblaw. How are you? – Bob’s representing you? | – 我是Bob Loblaw 你好吗 – Bob是你的律师 |
[09:40] | He was. | 是的 |
[09:41] | One day earlier, Tobias had spoken to him on the phone. | 一天前 Tobias在电话上跟他说 |
[09:44] | … whether or not those promises were made explicit. | 我说过的你听清楚了吗 |
[09:47] | You want me to be explicit? | 你想让我说清楚 |
[09:51] | Anyway, as it turns out, Bob was offering to be my lawyer. | 总之 后来Bob主动提出做我的代理律师 |
[09:57] | And that night Buster arrived with a post-op Lucille. | 那天晚上 Buster和做完手术的Lucille到了 |
[10:01] | There she is. | 终于来了 |
[10:04] | She wants to know where you want to put her. | 她想知道你安排她住哪里 |
[10:06] | She can take my room. | 她可以住我房间 |
[10:08] | She wants to know if I can sleep there, too. | 她想知道我可不可以在那里睡 |
[10:12] | She said that’s very important to her. | 她说那对她很重要 |
[10:13] | All right, I’ll meet you up there, Mother. | 好的 咱们楼上见 母亲 |
[10:20] | You better not lock it! I’ll kick it in! | 你最好别把门锁上 我会踢门进去的 |
[10:22] | By the way, doctor said no kissing her on the face for one week. | 顺便说一句 医生说一周之内不要亲她的脸 |
[10:27] | I was like, “Make it two weeks. See if I care!” | 干脆延长到两周吧 我都不介意的 |
[10:31] | – Got a new hand? – Oh, yeah, I’m trying it out. | – 那是新手吗 – 对啊 我刚试戴的 |
[10:34] | Guess who I ran into at the prosthetics shop | 猜我在义肢商店等妈妈的时候 |
[10:35] | while I was waiting for Mother? | 遇到谁了 |
[10:36] | Sorry, no refunds. | 不好意思 我们不退款 |
[10:38] | And that’s why you don’t take your foot out of its wrapper. | 那就是你不能把假脚的包装拆开的原因 |
[10:42] | J. Walter Weatherman J. Walter Weatherman. | |
[10:44] | You’re the man who used to scare us as children, | 你是那个在我们小时候经常吓我们 |
[10:45] | and one time as an adult. | 我们长大后还吓我们一次的人 |
[10:47] | George, Sr had always used | 老George以前经常让他来 |
[10:49] | him to teach his children lasting lessons. | 给他的孩子们上一课 |
[10:52] | They usually involved his prosthetic arm being ripped off. | 经常都会有义肢被扯掉的一幕发生 |
[10:58] | And that’s why you always leave a note. | 那就是你要留便条的原因 |
[11:02] | You’re one of George Bluth’s kids. | 你是George Bluth家的孩子 |
[11:05] | Hey, I guess you’ll be scaring children yourself now. | 看来你自己可以去吓小孩了 |
[11:08] | As a matter of fact, I won’t. | 事实上 我不会这么做的 |
[11:09] | If anything, it strengthened | 事实上 我更加坚定了 |
[11:11] | my resolve to be more than just a one-armed man, | 我要成为比独臂人更强的决心 |
[11:14] | even if it means me never taking a job again. | 即使那意味着我再也不能工作了 |
[11:19] | Almost makes it worth it. | 那值了 |
[11:21] | Hello. | 你好 |
[11:22] | Listen, I heard that you gave Gob a banana stand. | 听着 听说你给了Gob一个香蕉店 |
[11:25] | They did great. He and Steve took in over $700. | 他们做得很不错哦 他和Steve赚了700美元 |
[11:28] | – They did? – Yeah. | – 是么 – 对 |
[11:30] | So I guess the Bluth company’s got a new heir. | 看来布鲁斯公司有个新掌门人了 |
[11:32] | And that’s when Michael realised it was time to get serious. | 那时Michael意识到是时候认真起来了 |
[11:37] | George Michael, you know where the banana suit is? | George Michael 你知道香蕉道具服在哪里吧 |
[11:42] | That night, Maeby, displaced by Buster, heard a noise. | 当晚 房间被Buster占了的Maeby听到了声响 |
[11:49] | Hello? George Michael? | 有人吗 George Michael |
[11:52] | I’m thirsty. | 我好渴 |
[11:55] | And Maeby knew she had found her bloodsucking creature. | Maeby终于找到了吸血怪物 |
[12:00] | 正宗 布鲁斯家 冻香蕉 | |
[12:00] | The next day, Michael took off work to man the banana stand | 第二天 Michael休假在香蕉店里工作 |
[12:04] | while his son manned a banana. | 而他的儿子扮香蕉人 |
[12:06] | How you doing there, champ? | 觉得怎么样 帅锅 |
[12:08] | – Is my name Champ? It’s so hot. – Okay, why don’t you take five? | – 我名字是帅锅吗 好热啊 – 好了 休息五分钟吧 |
[12:11] | That’s not including the five minutes | 不包括我脱下 |
[12:12] | it takes me to get out of this thing, right? | 这件衣服的那五分钟吧 |
[12:13] | – You’re not getting out of it. – Attention, everyone! | – 不准脱 – 各位请注意 |
[12:15] | Why go to a banana stand when we can make your banana stand? | 为什么不来一家能让你性奋的香蕉摊呢 |
[12:20] | I give you Barbara and Dee! | 因为我请来了Barbara和Dee |
[12:26] | Don’t worry, these young beauties | 不要担心 这些性感尤物 |
[12:27] | have been nowhere near the bananas. | 不会离开香蕉店的 |
[12:29] | Dad, are they strippers? | 爸爸 那是脱衣舞女吗 |
[12:31] | If I know your uncle, they’re at least strippers. | 我懂你大伯为人 她们不只是脱衣舞女 |
[12:33] | I guess we gotta up the ante. | 看来咱们要下重本了 |
[12:34] | No, Dad, then they’re just gonna | 不 爸 她们只是在那里 |
[12:36] | up it and then it’ll go back and forth all day. | 整天走来走去而已 |
[12:38] | If that’s what it takes, that’s what we’re gonna do. | 如果真要这么做的话 我们也要学他们 |
[12:40] | And they did. | 确实是 |
[12:42] | But it was less entertaining than you might imagine, | 但是比你想象中的要恶趣味得多 |
[12:45] | 一 美 元 两 根 | |
[12:46] | no matter what music was put under it. | 不论他们播的是什么音乐 |
[13:05] | It was kind of funny to Yellow Submarine, | 要是播披头士的”黄色潜水艇”还是挺有趣的 |
[13:07] | but who could afford it? | 但是谁付得起这么贵的歌呀 |
[13:13] | So here’s what happened at the end. | 这是故事的结局 |
[13:16] | – Hey, stop fighting! – Stop it! | – 嘿 不要打了 – 住手 |
[13:17] | That’s it. They’re right, okay? | 够了 他们是对的 好吧 |
[13:19] | This is insane. We’re just boyfighting again. | 这太疯狂了 我们又重演了一次好斗小子的情节了 |
[13:21] | And for what? A hefty bag full of pesos. | 为了什么呢 一个装满比索重重的袋子吗 |
[13:24] | You’ve been taking pesos? | 你们收比索的 |
[13:26] | Dad said I should. | 爸说我可以的 |
[13:27] | – Dad’s involved with this? – Well, he chose the location. | – 爸又参与了这件事 – 是他选的地址 |
[13:30] | And the strippers. And the sign. Every part of it, really. | 还有脱衣舞女 招牌 所有的事 真的 |
[13:33] | Wait a minute. Don’t you see what’s happening here? | 等一下 你没意识到有猫腻吗 |
[13:36] | Dad’s clearly going ahead with the Colombian deal | 爸他显然是想实行他的哥伦比亚计划 |
[13:38] | and he’s just laundering it through your banana shack. | 他只是想利用你的香蕉店来实行 |
[13:39] | He pitted us against each other so I’d be too busy to notice. | 他又挑拨我们的关系 而我们都忙于竞争 没注意到 |
[13:41] | You know what? I think it’s time for us to teach Dad a lesson. | 好了 是时候咱们教训一下爸了 |
[13:44] | Get the person who terrorised us the most in our childhood. | 那就找小时候经常吓我们的那个人吧 |
[13:47] | She’s still healing. Let’s get J. Walter Weatherman. | 老妈还在康复呢 咱们找独臂男J. Walter Weatherman吧 |
[13:57] | Michael and Gob had decided to teach their father a lesson. | Michael和Gob决定教训一下他们的父亲 |
[14:01] | So we need the number of the one-armed man. | 我们要独臂男的电话号码 |
[14:03] | I’m not giving you that. | 我才不会给你呢 |
[14:04] | You wanna use his disability to scare someone. | 你们想利用他的残疾来吓人 |
[14:06] | That’s everything I’m against. Read the button, mister! | 我反对这么做的 看我的徽章 |
[14:11] | “The only scary thing about a one-armed man | “独臂男吓唬人的 |
[14:15] | “Trying to scare someone is the fact that…” | 恐怖之处在于” |
[14:18] | He feels that his one arm is | 他认为他的独臂除了能吓唬人之外 |
[14:19] | good for nothing but trying to scare somebody. | 就别无用处 |
[14:20] | It’s upside down. | 你的徽章倒过来了 |
[14:21] | Well, let’s see you try to put a button on with this. | 好啊 你就试一下单手把徽章别上去 |
[14:23] | Stop screaming! It’s not scary! | 不要吼啦 一点都不吓人好吧 |
[14:26] | I’m gonna get the number myself, okay? | 我自己找那号码 好吧 |
[14:27] | ‘Cause we’re not going to go | 因为我们不会让这家伙 |
[14:28] | through our lives being controlled by this guy. | 控制我们的生活的 |
[14:29] | What is more pathetic | 有什么比一个成年人 |
[14:30] | than grown men being scared of their father? | 害怕自己的父亲更可悲呢 |
[14:32] | I’m thirsty. | 我好渴 |
[14:36] | This continued for a while. | 这持续了好一阵子 |
[14:39] | And later, Michael and Gob went to put their plan in action. | 之后 Michael和Gob开始实施他们的计划 |
[14:42] | I gave the Colombians back their money | 我把钱退回给那些哥伦比亚人 |
[14:43] | and I told them that you had no right to make the deal. | 还告诉他们你没有决定交易的权利 |
[14:45] | I have to warn you, though, they didn’t sound too happy about it. | 我要警告你一声 他们不是很高兴 |
[14:47] | Just hope they don’t try to get even by cir-sum-venting the law. | 就希望他们不要通过非法律手段来解决就好了 |
[14:50] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 什么意思 |
[14:52] | Kidnap or… Michael said… | 绑架 或者Michael说的 |
[14:54] | What, are you kidding? I have an ankle monitor. | 什么 你开玩笑吧 我脚踝上还带着监视器呢 |
[14:56] | I can’t even go into the | 我连走廊都出不去 |
[14:57] | hallway without the cops coming up. Stop it! | 而且警察一定会来的 别瞎说了 |
[14:59] | Clearly, you know what you’re doing. | 很显然你知道你自己在干嘛 |
[15:00] | There’s an off chance they | 有极小的可能性就是他们 |
[15:01] | might just wanna take you, leave the ankle. | 会把你带走 留下你的脚踝 |
[15:04] | But, anyhow… Stall him. | 无论如何 拖延着他 |
[15:07] | And Michael went to solicit help for the lesson. | 然后Michael去找帮忙了 |
[15:10] | How would you and some of your friends | 你们大伙儿要不要帮我们 |
[15:11] | like to help us teach Mr. Bluth a lesson? | 教训一下布鲁斯先生呢 |
[15:14] | Maybe pose as Colombians. | 装作是哥伦比亚人 |
[15:16] | But we’re Guatemalan. Won’t he know the difference? | 但我们是危地马拉人 他分不出吗 |
[15:18] | I think anything south of San Diego will be just fine. | 只要是来自圣地亚哥以南的地方都可以的 |
[15:21] | Rolando was in The Groundlings. | Rolando就是在Groundling剧团的 |
[15:22] | Just classes. | 就上过课而已 |
[15:24] | Is it going to be unscripted like Curb? | 是不是像<消消气>一样没有剧本的 |
[15:27] | George, Sr, meanwhile, had grown suspicious of his son. | 老George这时候也对他的儿子产生了怀疑 |
[15:31] | What was that with Michael just now? | Michael刚才想怎么样 |
[15:34] | – He wants to teach you a lesson. – What kind of lesson? | – 他想教训你 – 怎么教训 |
[15:37] | A J. Walter Weatherman lesson. | J. Walter Weatherman式的教训 |
[15:39] | He’s gonna fake your kidnapping and helicopter ride to Colombia. | 他想要假装绑架你然后用直升飞机把你载到哥伦比亚 |
[15:41] | He’s gonna teach me a lesson using my own scare toy? | 他要用我那一招来教训我 |
[15:44] | Weatherman wouldn’t do it. I think Buster turned him. | Weatherman不帮他 估计是Buster劝他金盆洗手了 |
[15:46] | Yeah. Well, he’ll say yes for me. | 对 但他会答应我的 |
[15:48] | All right, we’ll go along with his lesson. | 好的 我们就顺水推舟 |
[15:50] | but we are gonna teach him one of our own | 但我们要反过来上他一课 |
[15:52] | But it’s gotta be a secret, okay? | 但你要保守秘密 |
[15:54] | Between a dad and his favourite son. | 就是爸爸跟他最喜爱的儿子之间的秘密 |
[16:01] | Don’t worry, Pop. Gob Bluth doesn’t cave. | 别担心 爸 Gob Bluth不会做叛徒的 |
[16:04] | – Yeah, you just did for me. – Well, you asked me to, | – 可你刚做了一回 – 那是你叫我做的 |
[16:06] | – so I thought that’s what… – Go, go, go. It’s fine. | – 所以我才以为 – 走吧 没事 |
[16:08] | And Lindsay and Tobias were back with the arbitrator. | Linsay和Tobias回到了仲裁人面前 |
[16:11] | As you know, it is very | 你也知道 在离婚案中要 |
[16:12] | difficult to establish fault in a divorce. | 指出对方的错误是很困难的 |
[16:15] | But one indicator is fidelity. | 但是其中一个判定标准是忠诚度 |
[16:17] | Now, my client has not pursued sex outside of this marriage. | 我的委托人并没有婚外情 |
[16:21] | Nor in it. | 婚内情都没有 |
[16:21] | I got this one. Can the same be said for you? | 我来说好了 你认同这说法吗 |
[16:24] | Absolutely. I’ve done everything to make this marriage work. | 当然啦 我已经尽我所能来维持这段婚姻了 |
[16:27] | That’s interesting. Can you | 真有趣 你可以告诉我 |
[16:28] | tell me what your plans are for this evening? | 你今晚有什么打算吗 |
[16:31] | – I have plans with a friend. – A man? What’s his name, please? | – 我约了个朋友 – 男人吗 他叫什么名字 |
[16:35] | Don’t answer that. | 不要回答 |
[16:37] | I withdraw the question. Why don’t we stop for the day? | 我撤回问题 要不今天到此为止吧 |
[16:39] | So Mrs Funke can get to her date | 所以Funke夫人可以继续 |
[16:42] | with her mysterious Mr Blah-blah-blah. | 跟她那神秘的某某先生约会了 |
[16:46] | At 8:30, unless you wanna sit at the bar. – Bob. Bob. | 八点半 除非你想去酒吧 – Bob Bob |
[16:49] | It was the first time someone took Tobias’s side, | 那是第一次有人为Tobias出头 |
[16:52] | and he wanted to thank him. | 他想感谢他 |
[16:53] | As much as I hate losing Lindsay and everything, | 尽管我不想失去Linsay还有其他东西 |
[16:55] | I feel like I’m making a friend in you. | 我觉得我跟你会成为很好的朋友的 |
[16:58] | So I was wondering if maybe tonight | 所以我想约你今晚 |
[16:59] | you just want to take in a movie, | 去看个电影 |
[17:01] | or a shvitz, or just stay in and nest. | 或是焗个桑拿 又或者宅在家都行 |
[17:05] | Actually, I was going to stay in my office tonight | 今晚我要留在办公室 |
[17:06] | and work on my law blog. | 写我的法律博客 |
[17:08] | Of course. The Bob Loblaw Law Blog. | 当然 Bob Loblaw法律博客嘛 |
[17:11] | Wow! You, sir, are a mouthful. | 哇 你的名字可真绕口 |
[17:14] | While Tobias was trying to get his mouth around Bob Loblaw, | 其实Tobias是想亲Bob Loblaw一口 |
[17:18] | Maeby was showing Mort Meyers a monster of her own. | Maeby要给Mort Meyers看她创作的怪物 |
[17:22] | Oh, it’s terrifying! | 噢 这太吓人了 |
[17:23] | Who did that for you, Industrial Light and Magic? | 谁帮你做的 工业光魔公司吗 |
[17:25] | Topelson plastic and silicone. | Topelson整容医院 |
[17:27] | Did he do Land of the Dead? | 是他们帮<活死人之地>做的特效吗 |
[17:29] | Yeah. He’s been in Beverly Hills for years. | 对啊 他们搬来比佛利山好几年了 |
[17:31] | Let’s get our makeup people on it. | 让化妆师开始动手吧 |
[17:33] | And George, Sr waited for the fake kidnapping | 老George在等着Michael |
[17:35] | he knew Michael had orchestrated. | 精心策划的假绑架 |
[17:40] | – Don’t move! – Well, let’s do it. | – 不要动 – 咱们开始吧 |
[17:43] | – Get into the box, old man! – Oh, blanket. Who thought of that? | – 爬进箱子里 老头 – 噢 毯子 想得真是周全啊 |
[17:47] | – That is very nice. – Come on, get in the trunk! | – 服务真周到 – 快点 进箱子里 |
[17:49] | What about my ankle monitor? | 我的监视器怎么办 |
[17:51] | We have an ankle monitor deactivator. | 我们有监视器解除器 |
[17:54] | Oh, good. See, I’ve been meaning to get one of those. | 太好了 我一直都想买一个这个的 |
[17:56] | I’m not gonna resist you guys because, | 我不会反抗的 |
[17:58] | you know, I don’t want you to beat me. | 因为我不想你们打我 |
[18:00] | But the mistreated painters | 但那个被他虐待过的油漆工 |
[18:02] | were actually looking forward to that part. | 其实就是盼着这么做 |
[18:04] | Oh, forgot my iPod. | 啊 忘了带我的iPod了 |
[18:13] | Start the helicopter! | 发动直升飞机 |
[18:15] | And so Michael, | 然后Michael |
[18:16] | believing himself to be aided by Gob, set to work. | 以为自己得到了Gob的帮助 便开始了工作 |
[18:21] | But this, too, produced less than compelling footage. | 但这过程没什么吸引人的画面值得录下来的 |
[18:34] | And this is how that ended. | 接下来是这样的 |
[18:35] | Put on the sound effects! Put on the sound effects! | 把音效打开 把音效打开 |
[18:37] | Cd! Cd 1! Cd 1! | CD 第一张CD |
[18:41] | Track 2! Track 2! | 第二首 第二首 |
[18:43] | Put the hostage here, by the ottoman. | 把人质放这里 在搁脚凳旁边 |
[18:45] | Get it out of here. What’s it doing in here? Ottoman out! | 搬出去 放这里干嘛呢 把搁脚凳搬走 |
[18:48] | And George, Sr was released | 经过”长途”运输 |
[18:50] | from his long journey into the living room. | 老George被搬到了起居室 苏醒过来了 |
[18:52] | – Where am I? – Colombia. Where do you think? | – 我在哪 – 哥伦比亚 不然你以为在哪 |
[18:55] | And you just missed the last train | 而且你刚错过了三天一趟的 |
[18:56] | that will come through the jungle for three days. | 经过丛林的火车 |
[18:59] | – He’s good. – He’s a Groundling. | – 他演的好 -他是Groundling剧团的 |
[19:01] | You have betrayed us, and we’ll make you pay. | 你背叛了我们 我们会让你付出代价的 |
[19:03] | – And then we’ll go back for your sons. – Oh, my sons. No. | – 然后再找你儿子们算账 – 噢 我的儿子啊 不要 |
[19:06] | They too will suffer for your terrible decisions. | 他们会为你的傻X决定付出代价的 |
[19:10] | And you should really pay your workers what they deserve. | 而且你应该好好对待你的工人们 |
[19:12] | Not make them have to buy their own supplies. | 不要让他们自己采购材料 |
[19:14] | Not just the painting. The sanding, too. | 不只是油漆 还有砂纸 |
[19:16] | Yeah, and the taping is very time-consuming. | 对啊 贴胶带可是非常费时间的呢 |
[19:18] | And Michael decided his father was ready to learn his lesson. | Michael认为他父亲已经受到了教训 |
[19:22] | – And that is why… – He’s got a gun! | – 那就是你 – 他有枪 |
[19:24] | Get away! | 走开 |
[19:26] | Get away! Get away! I’ll shoot! I will, I will! | 走开 走开 我开枪了 我要开了 我要开了 |
[19:29] | I’ll take you all out! I will! | 我会把你们干掉的 我一定会的 |
[19:30] | This is all fake. | 这都是假的 |
[19:31] | These guys are painters! – I warn you, I will! | 他们只是油漆工 – 我警告你 我要开枪 |
[19:33] | Oh, God, my arm! | 噢 天啊 我的手 |
[19:35] | Dad, you just shot off this guy’s arm. | 爸 你刚把他的手毙了 |
[19:40] | And that’s why you don’t teach your father a lesson. | 那就是为什么你不能教训你爸爸 |
[19:45] | Who’s the stupid one now? Thank you, Gob. | 现在谁是傻逼啦 谢谢你 Gob |
[19:49] | Gob? You told him? I thought we were a team. | Gob 你通水给他了 我以为我们是一队人呢 |
[19:52] | – It’s not fun feeling stupid, is it? – You son of a… | – 觉得自己是个傻逼的感觉不好 对吧 – 你这狗娘养的 |
[19:56] | – Wait a minute. I gotta get my camera. – Get off of me! | – 等一下 我去拿摄像机 – 走开 |
[19:59] | What is all this? What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[20:01] | – All right! – Keep it in frame. You wanna… Chin out. | – 好了 – 不要跑出镜头范围了 抬起下巴 |
[20:04] | – I will kill you! I’m gonna kill you! | – 我要灭了你 我要灭了你 |
[20:06] | You’re going out of frame. | 我拍不到那你啦 |
[20:08] | Kill you! | 灭了你 |
[20:09] | – No! – Oh, my God! Michael! | – 不 – 噢 我的天啊 Michael |
[20:13] | Dad, it was an accident! I’m sorry. | 爸 那只是个意外 对不起 |
[20:18] | And that’s why you don’t pit Gob and me against each other. | 那就是你不能让我跟Gob相互争斗的原因 |
[20:21] | Yes! Yeah! | 耶 耶 |
[20:24] | – You set me up. – That’s right. | – 你这是坑爹呢 – 对的 |
[20:26] | No more Boyfights. | 以后不再有好斗小子了 |
[20:27] | J. Walter Weatherman was in on it, too? | J. Walter Weatherman有份参与的 |
[20:30] | – Right from the very start. – So you did use him. | – 从头开始都有参与呢 – 所以你们真的利用他了 |
[20:33] | Look at this place. Look at my home. | 看这地方 看我家都变啥样了 |
[20:36] | Police! Drop the gun. | 警察 放下枪 |
[20:38] | It’s okay. We’re just trying to teach this guy a lesson. | 没事 我们只是想给他们一个教训而已 |
[20:40] | Drop the gun! | 放下枪 |
[20:42] | Oh, my good hand! | 噢 我的非残手 |
[20:44] | Buster’s good hand just came flying off. | Buster的非残手被打飞了 |
[20:49] | And that’s why you don’t use a one-armed person to scare someone. | 那就是你们不能利用一个独臂人去吓唬人的原因 |
[20:55] | On the next Arrested Development. | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[20:58] | Maeby finds a way to scare an entire generation. | Maeby找到了吓唬一整代人的方法 |
[21:01] | This Christmas, terror has a new face. | 这个圣诞节 一张新面孔将吓死你 |
[21:05] | I’m thirsty. | 我好渴 |
[21:09] | Gangy. | 恐怖外婆 |
[21:11] | We should start production on Gangy 2. | 咱们开拍恐怖外婆2吧 |
[21:13] | Well, I know she wanted a skin peel. | 我知道她想要拉面皮了 |