时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything, | 故事是关于一个原本富足的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice | 其中一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 欢迎收看<发展受阻> |
[00:18] | Michael was sharing some very important news with his parents. | Michael正向他父母宣布一件很重要的事情 |
[00:22] | I am getting married. | 我要结婚了 |
[00:25] | Who the hell to? | 和谁啊 |
[00:27] | Who do you think? Rita. | 你觉得呢 Rita啊 |
[00:30] | – Her? – Why? | – 她 – 为什么 |
[00:32] | Well, first of all, she needs a green card to stay in the country. | 首先她需要绿卡继续留在这里 |
[00:34] | There it is. | 怪不得 |
[00:35] | She needs a green card to stay in the country because, secondly, | 她需要绿卡继续留在这里 是因为 |
[00:38] | we’re really crazy about each other. | 我们彼此非常相爱 |
[00:39] | You hardly know her. | 你根本不了解她 |
[00:41] | I know all the important stuff. She was in the Olympics. | 我了解所有重要的事 她参加过奥运会 |
[00:44] | She’s sweet, she’s smart, she’s beautiful, she’s special. | 她温柔 聪明 漂亮 特别 |
[00:47] | She was special. | 她确实特别 |
[00:49] | Are houses terribly hard to make? | 房子非常难造吗 |
[00:51] | Actually, the hardest part is finding the land. | 难的是找地皮 |
[00:53] | But she wasn’t smart. | 但她不聪明 |
[00:55] | Instead of making houses, maybe you should make land. | 与其造房子 也许你应该把地皮造在 |
[00:58] | – For Rita had only mentally progressed… – On the ocean. | – Rita的思考能力 – 海上 |
[01:02] | … to the level of a first-grader. | 只有一年级水平 |
[01:04] | There’s no land on the ocean. | 海上没有地皮 |
[01:06] | Michael might have noticed her disability, | Michael可能会意识到这个问题 |
[01:09] | if it had not been masked by her English accent. | 如果问题不是被英国口音包裹着 |
[01:12] | – You’re brilliant. – Yeah, she wasn’t. | – 你真是太棒了 – 才怪 |
[01:15] | I know she’s a really, really good person, | 我知道她是个非常非常好的人 |
[01:16] | and everything else is gonna be little surprises along the way. | 其他任何事只是一起走下去时的惊喜 |
[01:19] | With the exception of that one big one. | 出乎意料的惊喜 大惊喜 |
[01:21] | The wedding is in one month. | 婚礼是在 一个月后 |
[01:25] | A month? | 一个月 |
[01:26] | Now, look, just because a woman gets pregnant | 听着 一个女人意外怀孕 |
[01:28] | doesn’t mean you have to marry her. | 并不意味着你必须娶她 |
[01:30] | Too many lives have been ruined | 太多人生被这样毁灭了 |
[01:32] | because some cheap waitress at a HoJo’s said she used an IUD. | 比如某个豪生酒店的服务生跟你说她有宫内避孕器 |
[01:36] | – It was Stuckey’s. – But I believed you! | – 是斯塔基便利店 – 我居然会相信你 |
[01:38] | Listen, she’s not pregnant. | 她没有怀孕 |
[01:39] | Truthfully, we haven’t even slept together. | 事实上 我们还没睡过 |
[01:42] | – This is funny! – He’s gay! | – 太搞笑了 – 他是基 |
[01:45] | Where’s your hand? | 你的手呢 |
[01:47] | I’m having my high school ring put on it. | 我把高中的戒指戴上面了 |
[01:49] | And my hook is stuck in the stair car | 我的钩子卡在楼梯车上了 |
[01:56] | You think get married boost obviously sex problem? | 你觉得结婚造成了性生活的问题吗 |
[01:59] | No, and we don’t have a problem. | 不 我们没有问题 |
[02:01] | We just haven’t had the right opportunity yet. | 我们只是少了时机 |
[02:04] | Lindsay said Rita slept over last night. | Lindsay说Rita昨晚在这过夜了 |
[02:06] | Yes, but I gave her the bedroom | 是的 但是我把卧室让给她了 |
[02:07] | because I didn’t want her to feel pressured. | 因为不想让她有压力 |
[02:09] | Actually, it was Michael who felt a little pressured. | 事实上 是Michael感觉有些压力 |
[02:12] | And I like to keep the light on. | 我想把灯开着 |
[02:14] | That way I can see if you have a monster. | 这样我就能看到你是不是有个巨怪 |
[02:17] | Night-night. | 安安 |
[02:19] | Can you shut the door on your way out? | 走的时候能顺便关门吗 |
[02:21] | I can’t believe you’re not supporting this. | 我不敢相信你们竟然不支持这种行为 |
[02:22] | Because it is obvious what she’s after. | 因为非常明显她另有所图 |
[02:25] | – Our money. – Oh, God, our money! | – 我们的钱 – 哦 天那 我们的钱 |
[02:27] | Let’s just all relax and | 先放松一下 |
[02:28] | remind ourselves that we don’t have any money. | 然后提醒自己 我们已经没有钱了 |
[02:31] | She’s already gotten our money. | 她已经把我们的钱拿走了 |
[02:32] | Let’s not forget she’s the one that gave us the idea | 不要忘了她提出了海上城镇 |
[02:34] | for that ocean-top town called Bluthton. | Bluthton的设想 |
[02:38] | Big deal, I had that same basic idea years ago. | 有什么大不了 我很久前也有个类似的想法 |
[02:43] | I thought you’d be happy, and I should have known better. | 我以为你们会替我开心 我应该早就料到的 |
[02:45] | Michael, be careful. People just see what they want to see. | Michael 小心 人们总是看到自己想看的 |
[02:49] | If she loved you, she’d show it. | 如果她爱你 她会有所表现的 |
[02:52] | Michael was worried. His mother may have been making sense. | Michael担心 他妈妈的话可能是对的 |
[02:56] | So he returned home to talk to Rita. | 所以他回家找Rita谈 |
[02:59] | Here comes the bride. | 新郎来了 |
[03:01] | Hey, what are you doing in a wheelchair? | 嘿 你坐在轮椅上干嘛 |
[03:02] | No, no, no, it’s a dolly, to help videotape your nuptials. | 不 不 这是移动摄影小车 用来帮你拍婚礼的 |
[03:06] | I don’t think I need any footage of my nuptials. | 我不觉得我的婚礼需要摄影 |
[03:08] | Tobias, are you sure that | Tobias 你确定这小车和 |
[03:09] | this dolly isn’t related to your recent health problems? | 你最近的健康问题无关吗 |
[03:12] | Okay, so my legs and my left arm occasionally “Go to sleep,” | 好吧 我的腿和左臂间歇性地”睡眠” |
[03:16] | and you want to call it a health problem. | 如果你管这个叫健康问题的话 |
[03:20] | No, I can get up myself. | 不 我可以自己起来 |
[03:23] | Here we go. Let me get in the dolly. | 过去 让我坐在车里 |
[03:26] | No, thank you. I don’t need your help. | 不 谢谢 我不需要你的帮助 |
[03:27] | It does seem like you’ve been having a whole lot of trouble | 看起来自从你植发以后 |
[03:29] | since the hair transplants. Maybe you should see a bubuman. | 出现了很多问题 也许你应该去看大夫 |
[03:33] | A “Bubuman”? | 大夫 |
[03:35] | A doctor. It’s a British expression. | 就是医生 英式的表达 |
[03:37] | Like they say “Go-up box” Instead of “Elevator.” | 就像他们的电梯叫升降机一样 |
[03:39] | Yes, like when they say “Poofter” To mean “Tourist,” Yes. | 是的 就像他们叫”游客”为”基男”一样 |
[03:42] | Boy, that Rita’s a smarty. | 天那 Rita真聪明 |
[03:43] | True, but it’s not like anybody appreciates it. | 是的 但不是所有人都赞同 |
[03:45] | Mom and Dad do not like Rita. | 妈妈和爸爸不喜欢Rita |
[03:46] | Are they crazy? She’s amazing. I saw her last night, | 怎么会这样 她太棒了 昨天我遇到她 |
[03:48] | and she helped me with this little project I was doing. | 她还帮助我完成正在做的小课题 |
[03:51] | Maeby was struggling with a | Maeby作为电影制片的秘密生活中 |
[03:52] | screenplay in her secret life as a film executive. | 正在纠结一个电影剧本 |
[03:55] | – Is that a story? – Not yet. | – 故事完成了吗 – 还没有 |
[03:57] | It doesn’t have an ending. He’s in L.A., she’s in Japan. | 结局还没完成 他在洛杉矶 她在日本 |
[04:00] | How do I get these two characters together? | 我怎么才能让两个角色在一起呢 |
[04:02] | – Maybe they could walk. – Across the ocean? | – 也许他们可以走路 – 横跨大洋吗 |
[04:05] | – lf it’s not too deep. – No, deep is good. | – 如果海不是很深的话 – 不 深才好 |
[04:08] | People are gonna say, “What the hell just happened? | 人们会说 “到底发生了什么” |
[04:10] | “I better say I like it,” cause nobody wants to seem stupid. | “我最好说我喜欢” 因为没人喜欢看起来很蠢 |
[04:12] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[04:13] | The Ocean Walker. Holy crap, that’s gonna look good on a hat. | 海上暴走 天哪 做成帽子肯定很好看 |
[04:17] | And Michael caught up with his brother. | Michael遇到了他的哥哥 |
[04:19] | Well, I need a favour. As you know, | 我需要帮助 要知道 |
[04:20] | I’m getting married in about a month. | 我还有一个月就结婚了 |
[04:22] | Say no more. | 什么都不用说 |
[04:23] | Great. Are you sure that you know what I’m… | 好 你确定你知道我在说什么 |
[04:25] | – Yeah, yep, yep, yep. Got it. – Super. | – 是的 知道 知道 明白了 – 太好了 |
[04:27] | And just so that we’re both clear… | 所以我们都很明白 |
[04:29] | You want me to do a magic show at the wedding. I’m on it. | 你想让我在婚礼上表演魔术 我会的 |
[04:32] | So glad we pushed through that. No magic. | 真高兴我们说到了这个 不要魔术 |
[04:36] | Why? Because of the one little screw-up last time? | 为什么 因为上次的一点小状况吗 |
[04:38] | – Put her out! Put her out! – Tracey on fire! Roll. | – 把她拉出来 把她拉出来 – Tracey燃烧吧 翻滚 |
[04:41] | Thank God we already did the pictures. | 幸好我们已经拍好了 |
[04:43] | Which reminds me that Rita | 那件事提醒我 Rita不能 |
[04:44] | shouldn’t wear any hair spray at this thing. | 喷任何发胶 |
[04:46] | I just want you to be my witness. | 我只想你做我的见证人 |
[04:48] | You want me to | 你想让我做 |
[04:52] | be your best man? | 你的伴郎吗 |
[04:53] | It’s just a signature I need on the licence. | 我只是在文件方面需要你签名 |
[04:55] | My son’s not old enough. It’s no big deal. | 我儿子年龄不够 不会有什么大事的 |
[04:58] | I will not take this sacred duty lightly. | 我不会轻视这项神圣的任务的 |
[05:01] | I am gonna get you | 我会帮你找城里 |
[05:03] | the single healthiest call girl that this town has ever seen. | 从未有过的健康的单身脱衣舞娘 |
[05:06] | This is why I’m calling it a “Witness” And not a “Best man”. | 这就是为什么我叫你做见证人 不是伴郎 |
[05:08] | All you gotta do is watch. | 你要做的就是见证 |
[05:10] | I’m not gonna spend this kind of money and not watch. | 我可不会花了大价钱不看表演的 |
[05:14] | This may have been a bad choice. | 我可能做错了 |
[05:17] | Hey, hello. Well, look at you two. Tweedledee, Tweedledum. | 嘿 你们好 看看你俩 阿呆和阿瓜 |
[05:20] | Michael didn’t mean it in that way. | Mciahel不是这个意思 |
[05:22] | How could he? He didn’t even know. | 他怎么可能是这个意思呢 他都不知道是什么意思 |
[05:25] | We had the best time. She’s got such an amazing fashion sense. | 我们开心极了 她的眼光真是太好了 |
[05:28] | You got these jackets on inside out? | 你们把夹克反穿了 |
[05:29] | Yeah, that way you see the label. | 是啊 这样才能看到标签 |
[05:31] | Yeah, I mean, that’s what you’re paying for, right? | 是的 这才是你花钱的原因 对吧 |
[05:33] | It’s a great statement on fashion. | 这是个很棒的时尚态度 |
[05:34] | Plus it doesn’t tickle your neck. | 这样还不咯吱脖子 |
[05:38] | Michael took Lindsay aside to share his concerns. | Michael把Lindsay拉到一旁 讲述自己的顾虑 |
[05:42] | So, Lindsay, when did you first realise | Lindsay 你什么时候意识到 |
[05:44] | that you and Tobias had no chance at a physical relationship? | 你和Tobias没有机会发生肉体关系了 |
[05:47] | Oh, my God. You think we | 哦 天那 你觉得我们 |
[05:48] | have no chance at a physical relationship? | 不会再有肉体关系了吗 |
[05:50] | So, just now. See, Rita and I have not been physical yet and… | 哦 只是现在没有 Rita和我还没有发生关系 |
[05:55] | You don’t think that she’s | 你不觉得她跟我 |
[05:56] | doing this just for a green card, do you? | 只是为了绿卡吗 |
[05:57] | No. No, she’s not that kind of person. | 不 不 她不是这种人 |
[05:59] | You just haven’t been alone with her. | 你只是还没有和她独处 |
[06:02] | Ask her to stay over at a hotel with you tonight. | 邀请她今晚和你在酒店过夜 |
[06:04] | She’s gonna know what that means. | 她就会知道是什么意思了 |
[06:06] | That is not a bad idea. Don’t do that. | 这办法不错 不要那么做了 |
[06:09] | And Gob began to prepare a magic trick for Michael’s wedding. | Gob开始准备Michael婚礼的魔法 |
[06:14] | Takes his queen! | 拿走了皇后 |
[06:16] | And showers her with diamonds! | 她会看到方片 |
[06:19] | Clubs. Club sauce. | 梅花 梅花 |
[06:21] | He covers her with club sauce. | 他用梅花盖住她 |
[06:24] | All right, that’ll be my line if that happens. | 很好 如果出状况就这么说 |
[06:26] | Is that a magic trick? I love magic. | 这是魔术吗 我爱魔术 |
[06:29] | I don’t appreciate the dry British humour. | 我不欣赏干巴巴的英式幽默 |
[06:34] | Please do a magic trick for me. | 请为我表演魔术吧 |
[06:37] | Well, I shouldn’t. | 好吧 我不该那么说 |
[06:39] | I’d hate to be blamed for | 我不想被责怪说 |
[06:40] | setting another one of Michael’s brides on fire! | 让Michael的另一个新娘着 火 |
[06:45] | Lighter fluid like Uncle Trevor uses. | 像Trevor叔叔用的火油 |
[06:48] | But wherever did it come from? | 但是是从哪里出来的呢 |
[06:50] | Okay, I’ve got to get you into an illusion at the wedding. | 好吧 在婚礼上 我要把你带入幻觉 |
[06:53] | How long can you hold your breath? | 你能闭气多久 |
[06:55] | Long. One time, 20 minutes. | 很久 有一次 20分钟 |
[06:57] | Actually, her record was 20 seconds. | 事实上 她的记录是20秒 |
[06:59] | You can stop it. Stop. Okay, I’ll take your word for it. | 你可以打住了 我相信你的话 |
[07:02] | Now I just need to find a trick | 现在我只需要想个魔术 |
[07:04] | that puts you out of oxygen for 20 minutes. | 让你脱氧20分钟 |
[07:06] | Sorry, did I hear the word “Trick”? | 不好意思 有人说”魔术”这个词了吗 |
[07:07] | And it smells a lot like lighter fluid in here. | 这里闻起来有火油的味道 |
[07:10] | You know, I did say no tricks, Gob, and I mean it. | 我说了不要魔术 Gob 我是认真的 |
[07:12] | What if I find a trick | 如果我会一种 |
[07:13] | that has her float to the altar or something? | 能让她浮着飘向圣坛之类的魔术呢 |
[07:15] | No, no, I’d love for her to walk, and not to drown. | 不 不 我比较喜欢和她一起走过去 而不是溺水 |
[07:17] | Or fly through the air or catch on fire. | 或者飞跃 或者起火 |
[07:20] | – Is she allergic to cat fur? – Hup, no tigers. | – 她对猫毛过敏吗 – 嘿 不许有老虎 |
[07:23] | Great. | 好吧 |
[07:25] | So, Rita, I was wondering | Rita 我在想 |
[07:28] | if maybe you and I might head down to a hotel. | 我们今天或许可以去酒店 |
[07:32] | Maybe some alone time. | 或许可以一起独处 |
[07:34] | – Oh, yes. – Yeah? | – 哦 好 – 可以吗 |
[07:36] | Maybe our rooms could touch. | 或许我们的房间连在一起 |
[07:39] | Well, I was hoping maybe for more than just our rooms to touch. | 或许我们的房间不止连着 |
[07:43] | I was thinking maybe we could be in the same room. | 或许我们可以在一间房里 |
[07:48] | Be in the same bed. | 同一张床上 |
[07:50] | I see what you mean. A real sleepover. | 我明白了 一次真正的过夜 |
[07:54] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[07:55] | – Okay. – Really? | – 好的 – 真的吗 |
[07:57] | Maybe I should go home and get my things. | 或许我应该回家拿些东西 |
[07:58] | I do kind of miss my jammies. | 我忘了带睡衣了 |
[08:00] | I think they’re gonna have a lot of that stuff there. | 我想酒店会准备很多东西 |
[08:03] | And my tiny teddy. | 还有我的小泰迪 |
[08:06] | Good. Yes, get that. | 好 很好 带上 |
[08:08] | And so George Michael drove Rita to Wee Britain. | 于是George Michael开车送Rita回小不列颠 |
[08:11] | It’s nice to be with someone young. | 和年轻人在一起真好 |
[08:14] | We can listen to young people’s music for a change. | 我们正好可以换口味听听年轻人的音乐 |
[08:17] | Great, yeah. Please. | 好啊 请便 |
[08:26] | That’s when he first grew concerned. | 从这时起 他担心了起来 |
[08:31] | And Rita packed for her sleepover. | Rita打包她的过夜行李 |
[08:33] | You’ve any idea what a sleepover is? Because it’s not just sleep. | 你知道过夜是什么意思吗 因为不单纯是睡觉的意思 |
[08:36] | I know what it is, Trevor. I’ve seen your secret magazine. | 我知道 Trevor 我看过你的秘密杂志 |
[08:43] | I want to have grown-up fun. | 我想要成人的快乐 |
[08:45] | Spoon and figgy pudding. | 勺子插进布丁 |
[08:47] | Rabbit down dum druggeries hollow. | 小兔兔钻进山谷 |
[08:49] | And I want to have pop-pop. | 我想要狠狠地来一发 |
[08:51] | Well, the very fact that | 好吧 你说的这些 |
[08:52] | you call it that tells me you’re not ready. | 告诉我你还没有准备好 |
[08:54] | And for your information, that’s a cricket magazine. | 而且需要说明的是 那是本板球杂志 |
[09:00] | Whether you like it or not, you’re still a child in many ways. | 无论你喜不喜欢 你还始终是个孩子 |
[09:03] | I’ve got a problem with | 我不同意你和 |
[09:04] | you having sexual relations with that man. | 那个男人发生性关系 |
[09:06] | So do I. | 我也是 |
[09:07] | I mean, it’s not your fault | 我知道 这不是你的错 |
[09:08] | your parents were cousins, but here we are. | 你的父母是近亲 但现实就是这样 |
[09:10] | Now I’ve been charged with taking care of you, | 现在你的监护人是我 |
[09:12] | and I’m bloody well gonna do it! | 我必须要这么做 |
[09:14] | Michael will be my cousin soon enough, | Michael很快会成为我的近亲 |
[09:16] | cause we’re getting married. | 因为我们要结婚了 |
[09:18] | – Married? – Married! | – 结婚 – 结婚 |
[09:20] | – Totally out of the question! – Married, married, married! | – 绝对不可以 – 结婚 结婚 结婚 |
[09:23] | All right, that does it. You’re not going anywhere. | 好吧 太不像话了 你哪儿都不许去 |
[09:26] | I’m putting the invisible locks on the door. | 我要把隐形锁锁上了 |
[09:27] | It’s not fair. | 为什么这么对我 |
[09:28] | – Lock, lock. – It’s not fair! | – 锁 锁 – 你不能这样 |
[09:30] | – Lock, lock. – It’s just not fair! | – 锁 锁 – 太不公平了 |
[09:34] | I’ve gotta find a new hiding place for that magazine. | 我必须重新找个地方藏杂志 |
[09:37] | And Michael was waiting at the hotel. | Michael正在酒店等着 |
[09:39] | Hey, Dad, just wanted to let you know that | 嘿 爸爸 只是想让你知道 |
[09:42] | I’m at a hotel with my wife-to-be, | 我和我的未来老婆在酒店 |
[09:45] | and we’re very, very much in love. | 我们非常非常相爱 |
[09:48] | Put her on. | 叫她听电话 |
[09:49] | Michael briefly considered faking the voice. | Michael瞬间想假装她的声音 |
[09:53] | She’s in the shower. | 她在洗澡 |
[09:54] | – I’ll wait. – Let’s wait. | – 那我等等 – 那就等吧 |
[10:01] | Unless you want me to just call you back, or… | 你想让我待会打给你吗 或者 |
[10:03] | No, I got nowhere to go. I’m under house arrest. | 不 我没地方可以去 正在软禁 |
[10:06] | Let’s watch something together. | 一起看点什么吧 |
[10:10] | Wow, that Blossom blew up, huh? | 哇 那花最终还是残了 |
[10:12] | Say, how’s that shower coming? | 澡洗的怎么样了 |
[10:13] | – All right, look, she’s not in the shower. – Really? | – 好吧 她不在洗澡 – 真的吗 |
[10:17] | She said that she’d meet me at the hotel | 她说她会来酒店找我 |
[10:18] | and I called you a little prematurely. | 我打给你稍微早了一点 |
[10:20] | – But she is coming. – Really? | – 但是她会来的 – 是吗 |
[10:28] | Hey, put Rita on. | 嘿 叫Rita听电话 |
[10:30] | And that’s when Michael finally accepted that Rita wasn’t coming. | Michael终于明白Rita不会来了 |
[10:35] | And that local calls were $2.95 a minute. | 而且本地电话收费2.95美元每分钟 |
[10:38] | Come on! | 拜托 |
[10:39] | That’s where they get you. | 这就是他们捞回本的方法 |
[10:44] | Michael drove to Wee Britain to call off the wedding | Michael开车到小不列颠决定取消 |
[10:47] | that he now realised was not based on love. | 他意识到根本不是建立在爱情上的婚约 |
[10:50] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[10:51] | – It’s Michael, Rita. Can I come in? – I can’t let you in. | – 是Mcichael Rita 我能进来吗 – 我不能让你进来 |
[10:55] | You know, you didn’t show up last night. | 你昨晚没有出现 |
[10:57] | I think the least you can do is talk to me face to face. | 至少和我面对面谈谈 |
[10:59] | I can’t. Trevor locked the door. | 我不能 Trevor把门锁上了 |
[11:01] | He doesn’t want me to be with you. | 他不想让我和你在一起 |
[11:04] | What? He locked the door? You can’t unlock this door? | 什么 他把门锁了 你不能开锁吗 |
[11:06] | – I can’t even see half the locks. – Rita, what? | – 我甚至看不见其他的锁 – Rita 什么 |
[11:10] | They’re invisible. Trevor’s the only one who can see them. | 他们是隐形的 Trevor才能看到锁 |
[11:11] | – No, no, hey. Listen. – I’m trapped. | – 不 不 嘿 听着 – 我被困住了 |
[11:13] | I’ve got an idea. Go next to the window. I’m gonna climb up. | 我有主意了 去窗户旁边 我马上爬上来 |
[11:18] | – Be careful. – I will. | – 小心 – 我会的 |
[11:23] | And so Michael set about rescuing | 于是Michael开始营救这个漂亮的 |
[11:26] | the beautiful, sweet, mentally-challenged woman | 甜美的 智力障碍的 |
[11:29] | he’d fallen in love with, | 深爱的女人 |
[11:31] | without realising she was mentally challenged. | 爱到都注意不到她的智力障碍 |
[11:34] | – Yay, Michael! Yay! – Okay, come on out. | – 好啊 Michael – 好了 出来 |
[11:36] | – Trevor’s back. – Oh, come on. Come on. | – Trevor回来了 – 哦 快点 快点 |
[11:39] | – Hop on. – What? | – 跳上来 – 什么 |
[11:41] | Hop on. | 跳上来 |
[11:43] | Ready? | 好了吗 |
[11:49] | Stop that! Both of you come back. | 停下 你们两个回来 |
[11:52] | You can’t stop us. | 你不能阻止我们 |
[11:54] | Nothing can stop us now. | 现在没什么可以阻止我们了 |
[11:55] | Nothing in the world of man, nor beast nor time. It’s… | 世界上任何人 怪物 时间都不能 |
[12:03] | That… doll. | [哔]娃娃 |
[12:05] | And so reunited with Rita, Michael told his parents | 和Rita重聚后 Michael告诉他爸妈 |
[12:08] | he’d be getting married tomorrow. | 他明天就要结婚 |
[12:10] | Well, God help her if she tries to rename Bluthton. | 如果她想把Bluthton改名 |
[12:12] | I’ll sink it first. I swear, I’ll sink the whole damn thing. | 我会炸了它的 我会把一切都毁了 |
[12:16] | They’re going through with it. Tomorrow. | 他们准备结婚了 明天 |
[12:18] | But that’s when George and Lucille had a surprise visitor. | 就在这时老George和Lucille有了位意外访客 |
[12:22] | All right, where the hell is Rita? I’m her uncle. | Rita在哪里 我是她的叔叔 |
[12:25] | – Let the handouts begin. – There’s not gonna be any handouts. | – 开始发请柬吧 – 不会有请柬的 |
[12:28] | And she is not gonna marry your son. | 她不会和你的儿子结婚的 |
[12:30] | – You’re against this marriage, too. – Well, of course I am. | – 你也不赞成婚礼 – 当然 |
[12:32] | Rita’s not capable of making a decision like that. | Rita没有能力做那样的决定 |
[12:35] | You are not gonna get Rita’s | 你不能拿走Rita的数百万财产 |
[12:36] | millions just because she’s mentally challenged. | 就因为她智力障碍 |
[12:39] | – Millions? – Millions? | – 数百万吗 – 数百万吗 |
[12:41] | Mentally challenged? | 智力障碍吗 |
[12:43] | It’s not polite. | 这样不礼貌 |
[12:44] | She owns all of Wee Britain. | 她拥有所有的小不列颠 |
[12:46] | And also the Wee Britain in Cleveland. | 还有克利夫兰的小不列颠 |
[12:48] | Course, we’re probably gonna lose all that | 当然 我们可能会失去所有钱 |
[12:50] | if her ridiculous idea for Sea Britain goes through. | 如果她可笑的海不列颠要实现的话 |
[12:55] | We are not after her money. | 我们不是为了她的钱 |
[12:57] | Well, I don’t think Michael even knows about her condition. | 我觉得Michael甚至都不知道她的情况 |
[13:01] | Yeah, it’s funny how Americans don’t pick up on that. | 多可笑 美国人竟然发现不了这种问题 |
[13:03] | I think it’s ’cause of her accent | 我想是因为她的口音和 |
[13:05] | and the plastic surgery she’s been able to afford. | 她有能力负担的起的整形手术 |
[13:07] | We wouldn’t have this trouble if they’d met last year. | 他们去年认识就不会有这种麻烦 |
[13:12] | I gotta put a stop to this. | 我必须阻止这一切 |
[13:13] | I’m gonna search every bloody hotel in town. | 我要找遍镇上所有的酒店 |
[13:16] | Legoland. I think they said they were going to… | 乐高乐园 他们好像说要去那儿 |
[13:18] | – They did say Legoland. – I didn’t hear anything about Legoland. | – 他们确实说了乐高乐园 – 我没有听到任何乐高乐园的事 |
[13:22] | He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. | 他不知道自己在说什么 |
[13:25] | We think he may be mentally challenged. | 我们觉得他可能有智力障碍 |
[13:28] | All right, then. | 好吧 那 |
[13:30] | We have got 24 hours to get them married | 我们有24小时时间让他们结婚 |
[13:33] | before Michael figures out what she really is. | 要赶在Michael知道她的一切之前 |
[13:36] | This is the first time in two years you sound like George Bluth. | 这是两年来第一次你听起来像George Bluth |
[13:44] | Later that night, Michael was at the hotel with his bride-to-be. | 晚上 Michael和他的未来新娘在酒店 |
[13:48] | Rita, I’ve been really looking forward to this. | Rita 我真的非常期待这一切 |
[13:51] | Me, too. I want to have sexual relations. | 我也是 我想要发生性关系 |
[13:56] | The mere fact that you call it that tells me that you are ready. | 你这么说告诉我你确实准备好了 |
[13:59] | That’s why I brought this. | 所以我带了这个 |
[14:02] | Why don’t you go ahead and whip out that tiny teddy? | 你为什么不先抽打那只小泰迪 |
[14:04] | And then we’re gonna think up a fun safe word. Okay? | 然后我们想个有趣的暗号 好吗 |
[14:08] | George Michael, I did not know that you were… | George Michael 我不知道你会 |
[14:11] | Go ahead and talk out here. | 在这里和我在外面谈话 |
[14:15] | Just got back from the bumpaddle courts. | 刚从球场回来 |
[14:16] | Tomorrow I’m teaching her baseball. | 明天我要教她棒球 |
[14:18] | – Yeah, that might take a while. – Sorry? | – 好吧 那可能要花些时间 – 什么 |
[14:21] | Well, listen, Dad, this is hard… | 听着 爸爸 这很难 |
[14:24] | This is hard for me to say this. | 对我来说很难启齿 |
[14:26] | I was videotaping Rita. | 我帮Rita录像了 |
[14:28] | Let’s just say it would be cute if it was someone much younger. | 我只能说如果是小孩子这样 会很可爱 |
[14:33] | – I’m sorry. We should get another tape. – Yeah. | – 抱歉 我们应该重新买盘了 – 是的 |
[14:35] | They’re not expensive. | 不是很贵 |
[14:40] | That’s the plastic fruit, Dad. | 那是塑料水果 爸爸 |
[14:44] | It’s very convincing fruit, okay? | 那是很逼真的水果 好吗 |
[14:47] | Is she going back in for another? | 她是准备拿另一个吗 |
[14:51] | Well, you know, they don’t | 你知道 在英国他们甚至 |
[14:52] | even have bananas in England. Okay, Son? | 没有香蕉 好吗 儿子 |
[14:55] | Now, I know this is hard for you, but it would be nice | 我知道对你来说难以接受 但是如果你能 |
[14:58] | to be supported in some… | 在某些方面支持 |
[15:01] | No, she’s going into the grapes. | 不 她准备吃葡萄了吗 |
[15:03] | Yeah, she really liked those. | 是的 她非常喜欢那些 |
[15:06] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[15:08] | I think she might be retarded. | 我觉得她可能是弱智 |
[15:14] | Sorry. I’m really sorry. | 抱歉 我真的很抱歉 |
[15:21] | Say hello to my tiny teddy. | 和我的小泰迪打个招呼吧 |
[15:25] | Tiny teddy! | 小泰迪 |
[15:28] | And that’s when it dawned on Michael. | 这时Michael才恍然大悟 |
[15:30] | – Well, you teach kids, huh? – I like to think they teach me. | – 你教孩子吗 – 我觉得是他们教我 |
[15:34] | That way I can see if you have a monster. | 这样我就能看到这里是不是有怪物 |
[15:40] | Be careful. | 小心 |
[15:51] | I’ve made a huge mistake. | 我犯了个大错 |
[15:58] | Michael had just been shown | Michael刚刚被告知 |
[16:00] | that his fiance might be mentally challenged. | 他的未婚妻可能是智力障碍 |
[16:03] | – So… – But he needed proof. | – 来吧 – 但他需要证据 |
[16:05] | …are you ready for lie-down kisses with me? | 你准备和我来个躺着的亲亲吗 |
[16:06] | Maybe we ought to just talk a little bit. | 也许我们应该稍微聊聊 |
[16:08] | You know, I mean, what the heck? | 我是说 搞什么呢 |
[16:09] | For instance, you’ve never told me | 比如 你从来没有告诉我 |
[16:11] | how many houses there are in the British Parliament. | 英国有几个议会 |
[16:14] | – Seven. – Are there? | – 七个 – 是吗 |
[16:16] | – The answer is three. – Does sound about right. | – 答案是3个 – 好像是对的 |
[16:19] | – Three is the correct answer. – Come on! | – 三是正确答案 – 来吧 |
[16:22] | – Whoa, whoa, whoa. – Let’s have our fun. | – 哇 哇 哇 – 我们一起玩吧 |
[16:25] | Rita corny, Michael. | Rita饥渴 Michael |
[16:28] | So Michael used a line that was just as corny. | 于是Michael用了同样幼稚的借口 |
[16:31] | You know, I think that we should wait until after we’re married. | 我觉得我们应该等到结婚的时候 |
[16:38] | Married! | 结婚 |
[16:39] | Married, married, married! Okay, night-night. | 结婚 结婚 结婚 好的 安安 |
[16:44] | And Michael felt he deserved a $15-thing of candy beans. | Michael感觉他需要吃15美元的糖果 |
[16:53] | The next morning, however, | 第二天 Michael |
[16:55] | as Michael prepared to let Rita down gently, | 正准备慢慢向Rita摊牌的时候 |
[16:57] | he was met with another surprise. | 他遇到了另一个惊喜 |
[16:58] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[17:00] | What’s this? | 怎么回事 |
[17:01] | We’re throwing you a wedding! | 我们正在为你举办婚礼 |
[17:03] | Oh, how lovely! | 哦 太好了 |
[17:06] | On us. | 轮到我们了 |
[17:07] | Everything you see. Show them the waffle bar, Larry. | 你看到的所有东西 给他们看看华夫饼台 Larry |
[17:10] | It’s over there. | 看那里 |
[17:11] | Check out banner, Michael. | 看看标语 Michael |
[17:13] | I’m gonna go set up. | 我过去准备 |
[17:15] | I was just gonna talk to Rita about all of this. | 我刚要跟Rita说这些 |
[17:18] | Rita, I think that we should wait a little while. | Rita 我觉得我们应该等一等 |
[17:23] | Wait? Why? I don’t wanna wait. I want to get married! | 等 为什么 我不想等 我想结婚 |
[17:27] | And have sexual relations like you promised. | 还想要你保证的性关系 |
[17:31] | Where did you get this firecracker? I love her, Michael. | 你从哪里找来的小鞭炮 我爱她 Michael |
[17:35] | So do I. I want to kiss my new daughter-in-law. | 我也是 我想亲我的媳妇 |
[17:37] | Hey, not on our time, Larry. | 嘿 不要乱发挥 Larry |
[17:39] | – Right on the lips. – No, no, Dad, just please take it easy. | – 嘴对嘴 – 不 不 爸爸 不要这样 |
[17:41] | I’m gonna get my dress from the room. | 我去房间拿裙子 |
[17:44] | Yes, I’ll help you put it on inside out. | 好的 我帮你把衣服里面反过来 |
[17:47] | Let’s not all get… | 大家不要这么 |
[17:49] | Hey, Mom, what’s going on? | 嘿 妈妈 发生什么事了 |
[17:51] | I thought that you guys were against all this. | 我以为你们都反对的 |
[17:52] | Well, we figured you know best, | 我们尊重你的决定 |
[17:54] | and who are we to interfere, and you love this girl. | 我们不该干涉 而且你爱这个女孩 |
[17:57] | And the rest will just be little | 其他的一切都只是 |
[17:59] | happy surprises along the way, like you said. | 路途中的快乐惊喜 就像你说的 |
[18:02] | Yeah, with the exception of the retard thing. | 是的 除了智障的事情 |
[18:08] | – Oh, God. – Tell me you didn’t just say that. | – 哦 天那 – 告诉我你刚刚没有这么说 |
[18:11] | You knew? | 你知道了 |
[18:13] | You knew, and yet you still wanted me to go through with this. | 你知道 你现在还想我结婚 |
[18:15] | What can I say? I’m crazy about the little dullard. | 我能说什么呢 我爱上了这个小笨蛋 |
[18:19] | Oh, my God. She’s rich. | 哦 天那 她很有钱 |
[18:21] | This is a new low, even for you, Mom. | 这是新的下限 即使对你来说 妈妈 |
[18:27] | What is wrong with you? | 你哪里出了毛病 |
[18:28] | Larry, go to a mirror. | Larry 找面镜子 |
[18:33] | – You’re fired. – You’re fired. | – 你被解雇了 – 你被解雇了 |
[18:34] | What? It’s over. And this is how you tell me? | 什么 结束了 这就是你要告诉我的吗 |
[18:38] | In the middle of a wedding? | 在婚礼途中 |
[18:39] | You shouldn’t have said anything. | 你什么都不该说的 |
[18:41] | You were right. Now what am I gonna do? | 你是对的 我现在该怎么办 |
[18:43] | I’ve been thinking, you know. | 我在想 |
[18:44] | I mean, every society has their own rules about this stuff. | 每个社会都有解决这种事的规则 |
[18:47] | For instance, in some states, | 比如 在某些国家 |
[18:48] | it’s legal to marry your own cousin. | 和你的近亲结婚是合法的 |
[18:50] | California’s blocked it twice, | 加利福尼亚就阻止过两次立法 |
[18:51] | but that’s only because they tacked it onto an estate-law thing | 因为他们在财产法的基础上制定的 |
[18:53] | that wasn’t gonna pass. We had the signatures, though. | 是不会通过的 虽然我们有签名 |
[18:55] | You’re 16 and you know all that. She’s 30-and-a-half, | 你16岁就知道这些了 她30过半了 |
[18:57] | she probably can’t list the seven houses of parliament. | 却可能还不知道英国有哪7个议会 |
[18:59] | – There’s three. – Now I gotta break her heart. | – 是3个 – 现在我要伤她心了 |
[19:02] | Doesn’t she have to leave the country if you don’t marry her? | 如果你不娶她 她不是必须离境了吗 |
[19:05] | Yeah, I guess I can keep my promise about that, huh? | 是的 我想我还是可以遵守这个承诺的 |
[19:08] | And there wouldn’t be any real intimacy. | 不会有任何真正的亲密关系 |
[19:10] | And it would be the strongest marriage in the family. | 可能是家里最长久的婚姻 |
[19:12] | But, you know, as much as I’d like to, | 但是 虽然我很想这样 |
[19:14] | you can’t ignore the fact that | 还是不能忽视一个事实就是 |
[19:15] | she is mentally disabled. | 她有智力障碍 |
[19:17] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天那 |
[19:22] | I’m wearing an inside-out bridesmaid’s dress. | 我正反穿着一件伴娘裙 |
[19:24] | You better catch her, Dad. | 你最好追上他 爸爸 |
[19:25] | Not gonna be easy. She’s an Olympic silver. | 追不上的 她是奥运会银牌 |
[19:30] | I just figured that one out. | 我刚想通这个事 |
[19:33] | Okay, well, I have to go stop production on The Ocean Walker. | 好吧 我必须停拍海上暴走了 |
[19:40] | You found out. | 你知道了 |
[19:41] | Took me long enough. | 花了我很长时间 |
[19:43] | Maybe you’re not smart, either. | 或许你也不聪明 |
[19:47] | I didn’t know until they told me. | 直到他们告诉我 我才知道的 |
[19:48] | No, I’m just a narcissist | 不 我只是个自恋狂 |
[19:50] | who was too self-involved to see the truth. | 太自我陶醉不能看清真相 |
[19:52] | That makes no sense to me. | 这我听不懂 |
[19:54] | Yeah, maybe you’re right. Maybe I’m being too hard on myself. | 是的 也许你是对的 也许我对自己太高要求了 |
[19:57] | You know, the truth is that I did just see what I wanted to see. | 事实是我只看到自己想看的 |
[20:01] | Rita, you’re so beautiful and you’re so sweet. | Rita 你这么漂亮 温柔 |
[20:04] | And you deserve to find somebody a lot more like you. | 你应该找个像你一样的 |
[20:08] | I don’t think that either one of us would be happy. | 我们俩在一起谁都不会快乐的 |
[20:12] | So it’s bye-bye to Rita, then? | 所以这是和Rita告别吗 |
[20:14] | Unless you really want to stay in America. | 除非你真的想呆在美国 |
[20:16] | I wanted to be with you. | 我想和你在一起 |
[20:19] | Rita! Time to go now. | Rita 要走了 |
[20:22] | Back to England, love. | 回英国了 亲爱的 |
[20:24] | Michael, will you come visit me lots? | Michael 你会常来看我吗 |
[20:27] | That’s gonna be difficult, Rita. You’re gonna be across an ocean. | 那会很难Rita 需要跨过海洋 |
[20:30] | Well, you can always walk. | 你可以用走的 |
[20:32] | Not on the water. | 在水上不行 |
[20:33] | Michael, you’re such a grownup. | Michael 你真是个大人 |
[20:49] | Hang on a sec, that’s part of your trick, right? | 等等 这是你的把戏 对吗 |
[20:52] | No. That’s not my trick, Michael. | 不 那不是我的把戏 Michael |
[21:03] | It’s my illusion. | 是我的幻境 |
[21:04] | Michael relives a wedding nightmare. | Michael重温了婚礼噩梦 |
[21:07] | Put him out! | 把他拉出来 |
[21:08] | – My hair! My beautiful hair! – Push him in the pool. | – 我的头发 我漂亮的头发 – 把他推到池子里 |
[21:11] | Why am I not going underwater? | 我怎么没下水 |
[21:13] | Dear God! Why am I not going underwater? | 天哪 为什么没法下水 |