时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything | 故事是关于一个原本富足的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice | 其中一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 欢迎收看<发展受阻> |
[00:18] | Michael Bluth and his family | Michael Bluth和他的家人 |
[00:19] | were meeting with their new attorney. | 正和他家的新律师见面 |
[00:21] | Look, this is not the first time | 瞧 这不是我第一次 |
[00:22] | I’ve been brought in to replace Barry Zuckerkorn. | 被请来收拾Barry Zuckerkorn的烂摊子了 |
[00:25] | I think I can do for you everything he did. | 我想他能做的事 我也能为你们做 |
[00:27] | Plus skew younger, with juries and so forth. | 而且我更年轻 我还有陪审团 |
[00:30] | Any other questions? | 有问题吗 |
[00:31] | Yes. How can you be even | 是的 你真人怎么能比 |
[00:32] | cuter in person than you are in your ads? | 广告里帅那么多呢 |
[00:35] | Are you a CEO, CFO, or other | 你是CEO CFO 或者其他 |
[00:37] | executive facing these or similar charges? | 主管人员 面临着以下这些控告呢 |
[00:40] | Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? | 为什么因为别人发现你犯罪 你就要去坐牢呢 |
[00:45] | You don’t need double talk, you need Bob Loblaw. | 你不用含糊其辞 你只需Bob Loblaw |
[00:51] | Well, we’re not here to talk nonsense to Bob Loblaw. | 我们不是来跟Bob Loblaw来吹牛的 |
[00:53] | We need to find out if the government has a good case against us. | 我们要知道政府是不是抓住我们把柄了 |
[00:55] | I mean, there is a lot of proof | 我是说 有大量证据 |
[00:56] | that my father was building houses in Iraq. | 证明了我父亲曾在伊拉克建房 |
[00:59] | Well, your father claims | 你父亲声称 |
[00:59] | he was put up to it by a British syndicate. | 他是被一个英国财团拖下水的 |
[01:01] | And you’ve been threatened. Isn’t that correct? | 而且你们被人威胁了 对吧 |
[01:03] | It was. | 的确是 |
[01:04] | How would you like someone | 若是有人找你笨蛋家人的麻烦 |
[01:05] | going after some stupid person in your family? | 你作何感想 |
[01:07] | Now, back off, you… ponce. | 滚远点儿 欠[哔]的男妓 |
[01:10] | It’s been a week, nothing’s happened. | 已经过去一周了 没事发生 |
[01:12] | Yeah, but you’re not the one | 对啊 你又不是那个 |
[01:13] | stuck under house arrest like a sitting duck. | 被困在小黑屋里的冤大头 |
[01:16] | Oh, yeah, that’s my father. | 噢 对 那是我父亲 |
[01:17] | That’s why we had the meeting here, | 那就是我们来这里开会的原因 |
[01:18] | so that he couldn’t interfere. | 这样他就不能干涉我们了 |
[01:20] | Interfere? I’d have pulled down your pants | 干涉 我恨不得扒下你的裤子 |
[01:22] | and spanked your ass raw. | 打到你屁股开花 |
[01:25] | I’m sorry, have we met? | 抱歉 我们见过面吗 |
[01:26] | Yes. This is Larry Middleman. He’s your father’s surrogate. | 对 这是Larry Middleman 他是你父亲的代理人 |
[01:29] | Surrogate? | 代理人 |
[01:30] | That’s right, you dumb… | 对 你这傻[哔] |
[01:32] | I hired this guy to wear a camera in his hat | 我请这人头上戴着摄像头 |
[01:34] | so he could be my eyes and ears | 这样在我被关在阁楼的时候 |
[01:35] | while I’m stuck in this penthouse. | 他就能代替我看和听 |
[01:37] | This camera helps me keep tabs on you idiots | 这摄像头可以帮我监视你们这些笨蛋 |
[01:40] | while this thing rubs my ankle raw. | 同时这东西可以搞得我脚踝痒痒的 |
[01:42] | I mean, look at this thing. | 你看这玩意儿 |
[01:44] | – I can’t even go in the hallway… – Without hearing that… | – 我都不能走去走廊 – 而不用听着那 |
[01:46] | Beep. Beep. Beep. | 哔哔哔的声音 |
[01:49] | That’s one of my partners. Excuse me. | 那是我其中一个合伙人打来的 不好意思 |
[01:52] | I would like to be one of your partners. | 我想成为你的伴侣 |
[01:55] | Do you think he got that, the two meanings? | 你觉得他知道我说什么吗 一词多义 |
[01:57] | He’s running pretty fast. I think he did. | 他跑得挺快的 我想他知道的 |
[01:59] | Well, he was flirting earlier, I’ll tell you that. | 我告诉你 他早些时候还跟我调情呢 |
[02:01] | Just so you know, I’m looking to get divorced. Are you interested? | 跟你说 我在搞离婚手续 你有兴趣吗 |
[02:05] | Yes. | 有的 |
[02:11] | Let’s call that a half hour. | 算她半小时的钱 |
[02:13] | So you’re not the only one who’s got a date later. | 所以又不是只有你要去约会 |
[02:15] | You’ve got a date? | 你有约会 |
[02:16] | Her name’s Rita, she teaches children at a private school, | 她叫Rita 她在私立学校教书 |
[02:18] | and we’re just having lunch. | 我们等下要吃午餐 |
[02:19] | Lunch. Well, better bring some dog food, | 午餐 那最好带点狗粮 |
[02:22] | ’cause all the girls you date are dogs. | 因为你要约的女孩子都是狗 |
[02:24] | And dogs love dog food, right, Pop? | 狗狗都喜欢吃狗粮 对吧 爸 |
[02:26] | Shut up, you idiot. I’m trying to watch the game. | 闭嘴 你这白痴 我在看比赛呢 |
[02:29] | Just trying to make you laugh, Dad. | 爸 我只是想逗你开心而已 |
[02:31] | That’s all I ever wanted. | 我只想那样而已 |
[02:32] | … and Smith, the catcher… | 然后接球手Smith |
[02:34] | You know, Gob, she’s not a dog. It’s just the opposite, actually. | Gob 她不是条狗 正好相反 |
[02:36] | She’s exquisitely beautiful. She’s fun, carefree, smart. | 她很非常的漂亮 她很幽默 无忧无虑 很聪明 |
[02:41] | Full of surprises. | 充满了惊喜 |
[02:42] | Including the fact that she was working with this man, | 的确很惊喜 因为她为这个人工作 |
[02:45] | who was currently dropping her off for her date. | 而他恰巧送她去约会 |
[02:47] | Now, all this fun and carefree, eh? | 好了 你这么幽默 无忧无虑 |
[02:49] | It’s only gonna fool him for so long. | 准会把他玩得团团转 |
[02:51] | – I’m a big girl. – Yeah. | – 我是个女人了 – 对 |
[02:52] | Well, if he finds out what you really are, | 如果他发现了你的真实身份 |
[02:55] | he might not make things so simple for you. | 他可不会对你客气的 |
[02:57] | Rita, don’t forget your hat. | Rita 别忘了帽子 |
[03:05] | And who am I kidding? She’s too good for me. | 我在干嘛呢 我配不上她 |
[03:07] | How do you think I feel? | 你认为我怎样想的呢 |
[03:08] | Bob Loblaw’s a handsome professional man. | Bob Loblaw是个又帅气又专业的男人 |
[03:10] | And I’m only used to, well, none of those things. | 而我平时已经习惯了 拥有这些优点以外的人 |
[03:14] | Okay, Lindsay, are you | 好多 Linsay 你是不是 |
[03:15] | forgetting that I was a professional twice over? | 已经忘了我以前是两方面专业人士 |
[03:17] | An analyst and a therapist. | 心理分析师和心理治疗师 |
[03:19] | The world’s first analrapist. | 世界上第一位治析师 |
[03:21] | Yes, and you were almost arrested for those business cards. | 是 而且你因为那名片差点就被拘捕了 |
[03:23] | Tobias Fünke 医学博士 析治师[菊花强奸犯] | |
[03:24] | Yes. No, it did not look good on paper. | 是的 不 只是在书面上不太好看而已 |
[03:26] | But I didn’t stop because of the police inquiries. | 但警察对我的调查并没有阻止我 |
[03:28] | I stopped to raise our little daughter. | 我放弃事业是为了养育我们的女儿 |
[03:30] | But since we both have started to grow hair in unexpected places, | 但既然咱们的毛开始在一些意料之外的地方长出来了 |
[03:34] | I suppose I shall soon be working as a leading man, | 我想在不久的将来我会当上主角的 |
[03:37] | and she may soon start dating. | 她很快会开始约会了 |
[03:39] | – Maeby had already started dating. – All right. See you tomorrow. | – Maeby已经开始约会了 – 好的 明天见 |
[03:42] | – Another date with Steve Holt? – Yeah. | – 又要跟Steve Holt约会了 – 对啊 |
[03:45] | – We’re getting pretty serious. – They weren’t. | – 我们越来越认真了 – 他们没有 |
[03:47] | She was just avoiding her real crush on George Michael. | 她只是想从暗恋Gorge Michael中转移注意力 |
[03:50] | That Steve sure knows how to please a lady. | Steve懂得怎么哄女孩子 |
[03:52] | Good. I was hoping he would be gifted sexually. | 太好了 希望他在性方面有天分 |
[03:56] | I mean, I guess it makes sense, you know, | 人家不是常说 |
[03:58] | older guys expect certain things. | 成熟点的男孩都会期待进一步发展吗 |
[04:00] | – They do? – What a fun, sexy time for you. | – 是吗 – 多好呀 你也有激情时刻了 |
[04:03] | I’d be very careful of these British people. | 我会很小心防着这些英国佬的 |
[04:05] | They’re gonna try to get their hands | 他们会用尽一切手段 |
[04:07] | on any evidence they can to hurt the family. | 获取证据来击垮你们家的 |
[04:09] | – So you’re saying, shred the evidence? – No, that’s illegal. | – 你是说要销毁证据 – 不 那是犯法的 |
[04:12] | The prosecution is entitled to that evidence. | 控方有利用证据的权利 |
[04:14] | Without it, they don’t have a case. | 没有证据的话 他们就不能提起诉讼 |
[04:15] | So you’re saying, shred the evidence? | 所以你是说要销毁证据 |
[04:17] | That’s a felony. | 那是重罪 |
[04:18] | And I certainly couldn’t endorse anything like that. | 我不能支持你这么做 |
[04:20] | – Gotcha. Wink. – Wink. | – 懂了 眨眼 – 眨眼 |
[04:23] | Did you say “Wink”, or did you wink? | 你说了”眨眼” 还是你刚刚眨眼了 |
[04:26] | He said that too, Dad. | 爸 他把那句话也说出来了 |
[04:27] | – We’ll talk soon, folks. Thank you. – Where you going? | – 咱们回头再聊 谢谢 – 你去哪儿 |
[04:30] | Where’s the surrogate going? | 代理人要去哪里 |
[04:32] | Stay there. I wanna see what he’s gonna say. Don’t leave. | 留下 我要听下他有什么要说 不要走 |
[04:35] | See you, Pop. | 再见 爸 |
[04:37] | You know, Gob, instead of trying to impress your fake father, | Gob 与其给假老爸留下好印象 |
[04:40] | maybe you should spend some time with your real son. | 倒不如去跟你真正的儿子好好相处 |
[04:42] | Steve Holt’s not my son. | Steve Holt才不是我儿子呢 |
[04:43] | Steve Holt? What, the moron jock? | 那个四肢发达头脑简单的Steve Holt吗 |
[04:45] | – That’s my son, you pothead. – Hey, that’s my son. | – 那是我儿子 你这瘾君子 – 嘿 那是我儿子呢 |
[04:49] | Wait, wait. So that means that | 等一下 那就是说 |
[04:50] | Steve Holt is my cousin? And Maeby’s cousin, too. | Steve Holt是我堂哥 也是Maeby的表哥 |
[04:53] | I guess. Shoot, I’m late for my date. | 我想是的 糟糕 我要迟到了 |
[04:55] | Yeah, at the kennel. Right? | 对 在养狗场 对吧 |
[04:59] | Sorry, you lobbed that one right over the plate, Michael. | 不好意思 你这球吊过了本垒板 |
[05:02] | Home run. | 全垒打 |
[05:02] | And Michael hurried to the | 然后Michael赶到 |
[05:04] | British section of Orange County for his date. | 奥兰治县的英国街去赴约 |
[05:06] | Crazy American. Get out of the road! | 白痴美国人 快点滚开 |
[05:08] | Only to find that Rita had | 才发现Rita选了 |
[05:10] | chosen Wee Britain’s one American-themed restaurant. | 小不列颠的一间美国主题的餐厅 |
[05:14] | Hello. I’m sorry I’m late. | 嗨 不好意思 我迟到了 |
[05:16] | No bother. I’ve been having such fun on this spaceship. | 没事 我在这太空船上玩得很开心呢 |
[05:20] | Strike one, huh? Shall we go ahead and sit down? | 一振 是吧 要不咱们来这边坐下 |
[05:26] | Hey, dudes. | 嘿 老兄 |
[05:27] | I’ll get you a couple of 64-ounce colas | 俺给你拿两瓶六十四盎司的可乐 |
[05:30] | to wash down this basket of doughnuts. | 配着吃这篮甜甜圈吧 |
[05:32] | And get your nachos stepping in. | 顺便也吃点玉米片吧 |
[05:34] | Guess this is what the British think of Americans. | 估计英国人就是这么看美国人的 |
[05:36] | – We like our food. – Whatever do you mean? | – 我们喜欢咱们的食物 – 随你怎么想 |
[05:40] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:42] | You know, Rita, you’re gonna figure this out eventually, | 听着 Rita 你迟早都会知道的 |
[05:44] | but I have not been on a date in a long, long time. | 我有好长时间没跟别人约会过了 |
[05:46] | – Neither have I. – I wonder why. | – 我也是 – 我很好奇 |
[05:50] | – I’ll bet men ask you out constantly. – Not men like you. | – 我敢说很多男人经常这么问你 – 你这样的男人没有问过 |
[05:53] | I seem to only meet little boys. | 貌似我只跟小男孩约会过 |
[05:55] | Part of that might be that you spend your day at a preschool. | 或许是因为你在幼儿园教书 |
[05:57] | And they think the stupidest things are funny. | 他们觉得一些愚蠢的东西很有趣 |
[06:00] | Yeah. That’s a cultural problem, is what it is. | 对 那是文化差异罢了 |
[06:02] | You know, your average American male is | 一般的美国男性 |
[06:04] | in a perpetual state of adolescence, | 都是永远处于青春期的 |
[06:05] | you know, arrested development. | 就像是发展受阻了 |
[06:07] | Hey, that’s the name of the show. | 嘿 那正好是我们剧名呢 |
[06:09] | No attention span. You know, can’t even carry on a typical… | 注意力不够 甚至不能够维持一段正常的 |
[06:13] | Michael thought he spotted the man who’d threatened him earlier. | Michael发现了那个早些时候威胁他的人 |
[06:17] | Well, I’m getting back on the space shuttle. | 我要回到太空船上去了 |
[06:19] | No, no. I’m sorry, sorry. Sit, please. | 不 不 抱歉 请坐下 |
[06:22] | Let’s talk about you. Tell me about your family. | 说说你自己吧 给我说说你的家人 |
[06:23] | No. | 不 |
[06:26] | They’re pushy, bossy, want to control me. What about your family? | 他们很固执 霸道 想要控制我 你的家人呢 |
[06:31] | I’d love to meet your family. | 我很想要见你的家人 |
[06:33] | Michael knew from experience that this would not turn out well. | Michael从以往经验得知 这可不是个好主意 |
[06:37] | Usually once or twice a week we get… | 通常一周一到两次我们才 |
[06:42] | If you like the small, why don’t you come back for the medium? | 如果你喜欢胸小的 干嘛还回去找胸带一点的呢 |
[06:46] | …seen on a windshield. Right? You can see that, right? | 可以在挡风玻璃上看到 看到了吧 |
[06:51] | – I probably should warn you about my mother. – Hi. | – 先跟你说一下 要提防我妈 – 你好 |
[06:55] | Let’s start behind the fridge. | 咱们先清洁冰箱后面 |
[06:56] | So he came up with a solution so simple, | 所以他想出了个简单的解决办法 |
[06:59] | he wondered why he’d never told anyone it before. | 他也不知道为什么以前没有跟别人这么说 |
[07:03] | I don’t have a family. | 我没有家人 |
[07:05] | I can’t believe I’ve never told anybody that before. | 真不敢相信我没有跟别人提过这个 |
[07:08] | – That’s so sad. – Yes, sad. Super-sad. Shall we eat? | – 那太伤感了 – 是啊 伤感 非常伤感 咱们吃东西吧 |
[07:15] | Michael had started a relationship | Michael以他没有家人的谎言 |
[07:17] | by lying about the existence of his family. | 开始了这一段恋情 |
[07:19] | I think this went really well, huh? | 看来我们进展得还不错的 |
[07:21] | Maybe some time we can have dinner? | 或许我们可以出来吃顿晚餐什么的 |
[07:23] | Could I see your house? | 我可以去看一下你的房子吗 |
[07:24] | Michael was caught off guard by the question. | Michael被这个问题杀了个措手不及 |
[07:28] | No, no, I can’t do that. | 不 不 我不能这么做 |
[07:31] | – Okay. Bye-bye. – Bye. | – 好的 再见 – 再见 |
[07:35] | And he vowed not to be caught off guard again. | 他发誓不再被人弄得措手不及 |
[07:37] | Well, I didn’t mean that we… | 我不是说我们 |
[07:40] | – So, did he invite you over, then? – Not yet, but he will. | – 那他邀请你去了吗 – 还没 不过那是迟早的事 |
[07:45] | So Michael went back to work. | 然后Michael回去工作了 |
[07:48] | Hey, who brought in the wood… | 嘿 谁把这玩意儿 |
[07:53] | Gob, you can’t shred this evidence. You’ll end up in jail. | Gob 你不能把证据都销毁 你会坐牢的 |
[07:56] | Dad told me to. How can I say no to that face? | 爸爸叫我这么做的 我怎么能对这张脸说不呢 |
[07:59] | Get this stuff out of here | 把这东西都搬走 |
[08:00] | and put it somewhere where Dad can’t get to it. | 放到老爸找不到的地方 |
[08:03] | Are you in on this too? | 这事你也有份吗 |
[08:05] | No, I’m just here to go out to lunch with your father. | 没有 我只是过来这里跟你爸吃午餐 |
[08:09] | And said he’s never felt more free in his life. | 他说他一生中从没这么自由过 |
[08:11] | I’m like a bird up there. | 在这里我就像只小鸟 |
[08:14] | Did you tell him about my medal? | 你告诉他我的奖章了吗 |
[08:16] | Medal? What for? | 奖章 怎么有个奖章 |
[08:17] | Who knows what they were saying. | 谁知道他们在说什么呢 |
[08:24] | Thank you. Wow. | 谢谢 哇 |
[08:27] | I have so many people to thank… | 我有好多人要感谢 |
[08:29] | Private Asher, step forward! | 二等兵Asher 向前一步 |
[08:30] | It’s probably because a seal bit off his hand. | 很可能是因为海豹把他的手咬下来的事 |
[08:33] | The Army has taken to giving medals for being food. | 军队都为那些成为食物的人授予奖章了 |
[08:36] | Just then… | 就在那时 |
[08:37] | Wow, look at him go, tied to that deck chair. | 哇 看呐 把气球跟躺椅绑在一起 |
[08:39] | It’s so simple. My ankle monitor… | 那太简单了 我脚踝上的监视器 |
[08:42] | Only goes off when I go out the front door. | 只在我踏出门口时才会响 |
[08:45] | We need balloons. A party. | 我们需要气球 开派对 |
[08:47] | – We need to throw a party for… – Buster’s stupid thing. | – 我们要开个派对 – 为Buster干的蠢事庆祝 |
[08:50] | Larry, go get some balloons. | Larry 去拿气球 |
[08:52] | And Michael found a way to get Rita to his house after all. | Michael终于等到了让Rita去他房子的机会 |
[08:56] | That’s a great idea. Honour Buster. Tomorrow night. | 好主意 恭喜Buster 就定在明晚吧 |
[08:58] | We’ll get the whole family | 咱们一家人在顶层公寓聚会 |
[09:00] | over to the penthouse, show him our support. | 向Buster表示我们对他的支持 |
[09:02] | Well, I suppose it’s better than drinking alone. What time? | 嗯 我想那比独自一人喝闷酒好的 什么时候 |
[09:05] | Doesn’t matter to me, I can’t be there. | 跟我没关系 我不能去 |
[09:06] | I’ve got a date with Rita. | 我约了Rita |
[09:10] | Well Mom’s probably right. I couldn’t even stand up to a seal. | 或许妈妈是对的 我连只海豹都敌不过 |
[09:12] | I don’t really deserve a medal or a party. | 我没有资格得到奖章和派对 |
[09:14] | No, you deserve this. | 不 你绝对有资格 |
[09:16] | Here. Take my business card. | 给 拿着我的名片 |
[09:18] | No, no, it’s pronounced “Uhnalrupist.” | 不 不 发音是”治析师” |
[09:20] | It wasn’t really the pronunciation that bothered me. | 不是发音问题吓到我了 |
[09:23] | You see, Buster, it wasn’t | 听着 Buster |
[09:24] | the seal that you couldn’t stand up to. | 并不是你敌不过海豹的问题 |
[09:26] | It was Lucille. | 是你妈妈的问题 |
[09:30] | I’m getting chills. | 我吓着了 |
[09:31] | If this was a lifetime-moment-of-truth movie, | 要是这个是生命中关键时刻的电影的话 |
[09:34] | this would be our act break. | 这幕会成为幕间的 |
[09:38] | But it wasn’t. | 但这不是 |
[09:40] | And later Lindsay was on the phone with Bob Loblaw. | 然后Linsay跟Bob Loblaw聊电话 |
[09:43] | …Tobias, but he’s never fulfilled me sexually. | Tobias 他从未在性方面满足过我 |
[09:46] | Can you catalogue for me the various ways you’ve been promised | 你可以把他曾经口头承诺过给你的事情 |
[09:49] | to be fulfilled, whether or not said promise was made explicit? | 不管有没有实现的 都明确地告诉我吗 |
[09:52] | – You want me to be explicit? – Yes. | – 你要我再直白一点 – 对 |
[09:55] | But I will be needing to get off in four minutes. | 但我四分钟后要离开了 |
[09:57] | Wow. Let’s see if I can’t hit that target for you. | 哇 看一下我能不能满足你 |
[10:01] | The next day, on the way to pick up Rita, | 第二天 在去接Rita的路上 |
[10:03] | Michael stopped by his house | Michael到他房子里去 |
[10:04] | to make sure there were no signs of his family. | 确保房子里没有他家人的痕迹 |
[10:08] | Only to discover there was nothing but. | 发现什么都没有 除了 |
[10:10] | – What the hell is all this? – Gob brought all this stuff in. | – 这是什么 – Gob搬来的 |
[10:13] | And, Mom, what is with all the family photos? | 妈 这些家庭照片都是怎么回事 |
[10:16] | Oh, I’m teaching Buster to stand up for himself. | 噢 我在教Buster怎么捍卫自己呢 |
[10:19] | – I’m surrogating your mother. – By wearing her sealskin coat? | – 我在做你妈的代理人呢 – 穿着她的海豹皮大衣 |
[10:22] | Michael, I have tried on | Michael 我试过了 |
[10:23] | everything and nothing seems to be working. | 所有的衣服 但只有这一件有用 |
[10:25] | I thought the Donna Karan worked, | 我觉得Donna Karan的装扮可以 |
[10:27] | you just didn’t have the right shoes. | 只是你没有合适的鞋子而已 |
[10:28] | Look, I’ve got to get rid of any evidence of my family, | 听着 我要处理掉这些我有家人的证明 |
[10:30] | and quickly, including you guys. Get out of here! | 要快点 包括你们 快点走 |
[10:34] | See? Now that’s how you stand up to Mother. | 看到了吗 就像他那样与你妈对抗 |
[10:37] | Meanwhile, worried about Steve Holt’s sexual expectations, | 同时 Maeby担心Steve Holt会期待与她有性接触 |
[10:41] | – Maeby tried to cancel her date. – …my whole family and I | – Maeby试着取消她的约会 – 我们全家都要去 |
[10:43] | now have to go to my | 我外婆家 |
[10:44] | grandma’s house ’cause my uncle lost his hand. | 因为我舅舅的手断了 |
[10:46] | Awesome! So you and I can party alone at your house. | 太棒了 这样你和我就可以在你家开派对了 |
[10:49] | Maeby was too young to know what to do. | Maeby还太嫩了 不知道该怎么办 |
[10:52] | Ironically, in her after-school job as a movie studio executive, | 讽刺的是 她在课后是一名电影工作室的主管 |
[10:56] | she’d just green-lit two films that dealt with the very issue. | 曾批准了两部恰好涉及这个话题的电影 |
[11:00] | – Rock the house. – All right. | – 咱们玩个天昏地暗的 – 好的 |
[11:02] | George Michael also didn’t know what to do. | George Michael也不知道该怎么办 |
[11:05] | If he pointed out that the two were cousins to drive them apart, | 如果他告诉他们其实是表兄妹 来分开他们的话 |
[11:08] | he might be burning the | 他很可能 |
[11:09] | very bridge that he one day hoped to cross. | 会把自己的后路给断了 |
[11:12] | Hey, George Michael, I’m doing your cousin tonight. | 嘿 George Michael 我今晚要跟你表妹做了 |
[11:13] | So are you. | 你也是啊 |
[11:15] | – What? – She’s your cousin, too. | – 什么 – 她也是你的表妹 |
[11:18] | Back at the penthouse, party preparations were underway. | 说说顶层公寓的情况 派对一切就绪 |
[11:21] | He’s not wearing that to the party. | 他不是要穿那玩意儿去派对吧 |
[11:23] | I’ve got the exact same thing. | 我有一件一模一样的衣服 |
[11:24] | No, he was just analraping me. | 不 他只是在治析[鸡奸]我 |
[11:26] | But then Michael barged in and | 只是后来Michael进来打扰我们 |
[11:27] | kicked us out so he could shred all the evidence. | 把我们赶出来 以便他把证据销毁 |
[11:29] | – Shred the evidence? – Thought he didn’t want us to do that. | – 销毁证据 – 我以为他不想我们干这事呢 |
[11:33] | He didn’t want us to get into trouble. He’s taking the heat. | 他不想我们惹麻烦 他要把罪揽上身 |
[11:36] | He’s doing that for us? And on the night of his date with Rita. | 他为我们做这些事 还是在他跟Rita约会的晚上 |
[11:40] | Who he didn’t wanna bring over here. | 他还不想把她带过来 |
[11:42] | Probably because, let’s face it, | 或者因为 咱们面对事实吧 |
[11:44] | you people haven’t been great with the others. | 你们这些人待人不够友善 |
[11:46] | Well, in our defence, Mom, we’re not exactly dog people. | 妈 我要解释一下 我们又不是喜欢狗的人 |
[11:49] | – We have got to start being nicer. – I’m starting right now. | – 我们要开始友善待人了 – 我要从现在开始 |
[11:52] | – Buster, the party’s not for you any more. – Oh, okay. | – Buster 这派对不是为你开的 – 哦 好的 |
[11:55] | It’s a “Welcome, Rita” Party. | 这是个欢迎Rita的派对 |
[11:57] | I know where she works. We can pick her up and surprise her. | 我知道她在哪里工作 我们可以去接她 然后给她个惊喜 |
[12:00] | You’re so right. This is better than a party for me. | 对 这个比为我搞的派对好多了 |
[12:04] | Oh, come on. Grow a pair. | 加油啊 给我争点气 |
[12:08] | You know, we need some weather balloons for this party, | 我们要准备些气象气球 |
[12:11] | and maybe a tank of hydrogen. | 或者瓶装的氢气 |
[12:13] | You know, really float those suckers. | 就是让东西升起来的气体 |
[12:15] | Meanwhile, Michael was hiding the evidence wherever he could, | 与此同时 Michael把他能收起来的证据都处理好了 |
[12:19] | – when he heard from his brother. – Hey, friend, Gob here. | – 然后接到了他哥哥的电话 – 嘿 这是Gob |
[12:22] | We really want you at the party. We’re really nice now. | 我们很想你来派对上 我们会很友善的 |
[12:25] | And, God, we love you. | 还有 我们爱你 |
[12:29] | Oh, damn it. | 噢 该死的 |
[12:30] | And the family picked up Rita | 他们一家人用那唯一能把 |
[12:32] | in the only vehicle big enough to hold them all. | 全家人都载上的交通工具去接Rita |
[12:34] | – Hey. Excuse me, Rita. – I’m Rita. | – 嘿 不好意思 Rita – 我是Rita |
[12:37] | We’re here to pick you up for Michael. | 我们是替Michael来接你的 |
[12:39] | You can just go in the cabin. | 你可以进小屋里了 |
[12:46] | – Michael? – He’s not here. | – Michael – 他不在这里 |
[12:49] | – We’re his family. – His family? | – 我们是他的家人 – 他的家人 |
[12:52] | We’re nice. | 我们人很好的 |
[12:54] | I’m sorry. I have to leave. | 不好意思 我要走了 |
[12:56] | Oh, no, you can’t leave. Drive, Lindsay. | 噢 不 你不能走 开车 Linsay |
[12:58] | Bye! | 拜拜 |
[13:00] | – We’re doing this for Michael. – Stop her, Buster. | – 我们为Michael做事呢 – 让她停下 Buster |
[13:02] | – Well, what am I supposed to do? – Stop her! | – 我该怎么做啊 – 让她停下 |
[13:04] | – Stop yelling at me! – I’m leaving. | – 不要冲我吼 – 我要走了 |
[13:06] | And that’s when Buster noticed the seal on Rita ‘s backpack. | 那时Buster注意到了Rita背包上的海豹 |
[13:17] | Hey, talk about cathartic. Now that’s an act break. | 嘿 现在说说泻药 这才是幕间 |
[13:24] | Buster had overcome his fear of seals. | Buster克服了对海豹的恐惧 |
[13:27] | Unfortunately, he’d done | 不幸的是 |
[13:28] | so by knocking out Michael’s new girlfriend. | 他通过打晕Michael的新女友才完成此壮举 |
[13:30] | What the hell did you do? | 看你都做什么好事了 |
[13:32] | You’re curious, Mom? I can show you. | 你想知道 妈妈 我可以给你看 |
[13:35] | You made a mistake. You’re human, except for the hand. | 你搞错了 你可是个人啊 除了那只手 |
[13:38] | It’s okay. She’s alive and soft. Soft and alive. | 没事 她还活着 还很柔软 又柔软又是活着的 |
[13:42] | All right, let’s not add that to the charges. What do we do? | 好了 不要再做罪加一等的事了 我们要怎么做 |
[13:46] | She’s going to tell Michael. | 她要告诉Michael |
[13:47] | And he won’t hear the good stuff, | 他不会知道我们对她有多好的 |
[13:49] | he’ll just hear about the beating. | 他只会知道我们打了她 |
[13:50] | Wait. Maybe we can give her a Forget-Me-Now. | 等一下 或者我们可以给她一颗”快忘我” |
[13:52] | Here you go, hot dog. Take the pill. | 来了 张开嘴 吞下去 |
[13:55] | What’s a Forget-Me-Now? | “快忘我”是什么 |
[13:56] | They’re pills that create a sort of temporary forgettingness. | 就是能让人暂时失忆的药丸 |
[13:59] | So, if somebody finds out how you do a trick, | 所以如果有人发现你怎么变魔术的时候 |
[14:00] | you just give them one of these, | 给他们吃一颗这个就好了 |
[14:01] | and they forget the whole thing. | 这样他们啥都不会记得了 |
[14:03] | It’s a mainstay of the magician’s toolkit. | 这是魔术师工具箱里的必备良药 |
[14:05] | Like how clowns always have a rag soaked in ether. | 就像每个小丑都有块泡过乙醚的布一样 |
[14:07] | Gob, this is flunitrazepam. | Gob 这是氟硝安定 |
[14:09] | – It’s a roofie. – Those are illegal. | – 是迷奸药 – 用这个是违法的 |
[14:12] | Shut up, Mom. Don’t make me give you another one of these. | 妈 闭嘴 小心我也给你喂一颗 |
[14:18] | Lindsay, help me. Three. | Lindsay 过来帮帮我 三 |
[14:23] | Back at the house, Michael finished his work, | 在样板房那边 Michael把一切都准备好了 |
[14:25] | and now late, rushed to pick up Rita. | 不过他迟了 所以赶着去接Rita |
[14:28] | Moments later, Maeby prepared | 过了一会儿 Maeby准备告诉 |
[14:29] | to tell Steve she wasn’t ready for romance. | Steve他还没准备跟他有肌肤之亲 |
[14:32] | Well, this sends a mixed message. | 这还真让人头晕啊 |
[14:34] | Just as Steve showed up to call things off with his cousin. | 当时Steve正好来到 想要取消跟他表妹的事 |
[14:38] | You did all this for me? | 你为我准备好这一切 |
[14:39] | Yes. Well, I’m gonna go get sexy. | 是啊 我去穿上性感衣衣 |
[14:47] | And Michael missed Rita. | 但Michael找不到Rita |
[14:51] | Damn it. Strike two. | 该死 二振了 |
[14:55] | Take it down. We don’t | 把它摘下来 我们不想 |
[14:56] | want anything in this house that says “Rita.” | 有Rita字样的东西出现在这房子里 |
[14:58] | Hi, it’s Michael. I will be coming to the party because | 嗨 这是Michael 我会过来派对的 |
[15:03] | I love you, too. | 因为我也爱你们 |
[15:05] | Okay, we need a new banner. | 好的 我们要一条新横幅 |
[15:08] | And that’s when Michael found Rita. | 就在那时 Michael找到了Rita |
[15:12] | Why am I on a bus bench, Michael? | 为什么我会坐在长椅上的 Michael |
[15:14] | I get it, because I’m late. I’m sorry, | 我懂的 因为我迟到了 对不起 |
[15:16] | but the rest of the night’s gonna be all about you, I promise. | 但相信我 今晚一切都是属于你的 |
[15:19] | Great, great. | 好了 好了 |
[15:20] | I am gonna have to make one quick stop. | 我只需去个地方停一下 |
[15:22] | Maybe you can just wait in the car? | 或者你可以在车上等着 |
[15:23] | It’s just gonna be two seconds, I promise. | 只需两秒钟 很快的 我发誓 |
[15:25] | And so Michael raced up to pay his quick respects to Buster. | 然后Michael过来给Buster恭喜一下 |
[15:28] | There he is, my favourite son. | 终于来了 我最爱的儿子 |
[15:30] | – Everybody’s favourite son! – Mr. Wonderful! | – 所有人最爱的儿子 – 好好先生 |
[15:35] | I had a great time, I wish I could have stayed longer. | 我很开心 我希望我能待久一点 |
[15:37] | This is a great party, huh? Tell Buster I stopped by, | 这派对太棒了 告诉Buster我来过 |
[15:40] | – and please, I do have to leave. – No, no, no. | – 我现在要走了 – 不 不 不 |
[15:42] | The party’s not for Buster any more. | 这派对不再是为Buster开的 |
[15:44] | – No, Michael, it’s for you. – Me? | – 不 Michael 这是为你而开的 – 我 |
[15:47] | Take a look at banner, Michael. | 看那横幅 Michael |
[15:50] | – You guys did all of this for me? – Yeah. | – 你们做这些都是为了我 – 是啊 |
[15:53] | – “Family love…” – Michael? | – “家人爱” – Michael |
[15:56] | Everyone froze. | 所有人都惊住了 |
[15:57] | Michael feared he’d been caught in a lie about his family. | Michael怕自己没有家人的谎言被戳穿 |
[16:01] | His family feared they’d been caught | 他的家人怕被那个被他们打晕 |
[16:02] | by a woman they clubbed, drugged and left on a bench. | 下迷魂药并抛在长椅下的女人抓走 |
[16:07] | It was awkward. | 场面很尴尬 |
[16:09] | Who’s this? | 这位是 |
[16:10] | Mother, Mother, this is from the Army! | 妈妈 妈妈 这是军队来的信 |
[16:13] | I have to report for duty tomorrow. | 我明天得去报到 |
[16:15] | It says by accepting this medal, I was reenlisting. | 信上说因为我接受了奖章 所以我延长了服役 |
[16:18] | I didn’t hear them say that. | 我没听他们说过呀 |
[16:19] | Perhaps if the Sergeant had spoken more slowly, she would have. | 或者如果中士说慢点的话 她就听到了 |
[16:22] | …in acceptance of this medal, | 接受这个奖章 |
[16:23] | you proudly waive all rights to private citizenship | 你将会放弃公民权利 |
[16:24] | and hereby reenlist with the | 并延长 |
[16:25] | Armed Services of the United States of America. | 在美国军队的服役时间 |
[16:27] | If you agree with this, say thank you. | 如果你同意 说声谢谢 |
[16:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:32] | What am I gonna do? I can’t go back there. | 我该怎么办 我不要回去 |
[16:34] | – I’ve never been… – Who are these people? | – 我从来没有 – 这些人都是谁啊 |
[16:37] | This is my family. | 他们是我家人 |
[16:39] | No. No, I don’t like these people. | 不 不 我不喜欢他们 |
[16:41] | Me, you mean. She means me, because I lied | 我 你说的是我 她指我 因为 |
[16:44] | about having a family because I was embarrassed by them. | 我觉得我嫌弃我家人所以我撒谎了 |
[16:48] | And I’m ashamed of that. | 我很惭愧 |
[16:51] | I have to leave. | 我要走了 |
[16:56] | Strike three. | 三振出局了 |
[16:57] | You said you didn’t have a family? | 你说你没有家人 |
[17:01] | – Everybody’s favourite son. – Mr. Terrible. | – 所有人最爱的儿子 – 坏蛋先生 |
[17:06] | And her. Too good for us? | 还有她 我们配不上她 |
[17:08] | Buster, you should have finished the job. | Buster 你应该把活干得更利索点 |
[17:10] | – Job? What job? – Did I say “Job”? I meant “Gob.” | – 活 什么活 – 我说活了吗 我说Gob |
[17:15] | Buster’s the one that hit her, I just gave her the roofie. | 是Buster打她的 我只是给她迷奸药而已 |
[17:17] | – Roofie? – Forget-Me-Now. | – 迷奸药 – 就是”快忘我” |
[17:19] | You beat and drugged Rita? | 你们打了Rita还给她嗑药 |
[17:24] | Take this and love us again. | 吃了这个 再爱我们一次 |
[17:25] | – No, no, no. – Just take it! | – 不不不 – 吃了它 |
[17:26] | No, Gob. | 不 Gob |
[17:28] | I’m leaving, too. | 我也要走了 |
[17:32] | Well, no good deed goes unpunished. | 好心招雷劈啊 |
[17:36] | Look, it’s not all bad. | 也不是全都是坏事啦 |
[17:37] | I got Buster feeling better about his medal. | 我让Buster为他的奖章感到自豪 |
[17:42] | Not any more. I’m getting rid of this thing. | 再也不了 我要把它扔掉 |
[17:45] | It has caused me nothing but pride and self-respect. | 它只给我带来自尊之外别无用途 |
[17:48] | Buster went to get rid of the medal he finally felt he deserved. | Buster把奖章扔掉之后终于感到自己的价值了 |
[17:52] | But it was exactly when George, Sr was making his escape. | 只是当时老George正忙着逃跑 |
[17:55] | Farewell to you all! | 再见啦各位 |
[18:00] | It turns out that hydrogen is more explosive than helium. | 原来氢气比氦气更容易爆炸 |
[18:14] | And George Michael came home to find an unconscious Steve Holt. | George Michael回到家 发现Steve Holt已经不省人事了 |
[18:17] | – What have you guys been doing? – I gave him a roofie. | – 你们都做了什么 – 我给他喂了迷奸药 |
[18:21] | – A girl’s gotta grow up some time. – He’s your cousin. | – 女孩总要长大的 – 他是你表哥 |
[18:24] | – My cousin? – I should have told you that. | – 我表哥 – 我早该告诉你的 |
[18:26] | Now you’ve drugged him and had your way with him. | 可你现在给他下药了 还和他做了 |
[18:30] | Like, how is that even possible? | 这事怎么发生的 |
[18:31] | No, George Michael, we didn’t do anything. | 不 George Michael 我们什么都没做 |
[18:33] | I just wanted him to think we did. | 我只是想让他以为我们做了 |
[18:35] | Don’t you see? I drugged him not to go all the way with him. | 难道你不明白吗 我给他下药就是不想跟他做 |
[18:38] | Well, I think even the | 我想连那些 |
[18:39] | anti-drug people are gonna be okay with that. | 反对嗑药的人都会同意这么做的 |
[18:42] | Well, let’s get his pants back on. | 那咱们把他的裤子穿上吧 |
[18:45] | You took his pants off? | 你把他裤子脱掉了 |
[18:46] | And Michael tried to salvage | Michael试着整理 |
[18:48] | the remains of the files from the car fire. | 失火车子中的文件残骸 |
[18:51] | – You call the attorney yet? – Yeah, I sure did, | – 你打电话叫律师了吗 – 当然打了 |
[18:52] | but he’s not taking our calls | 但他没接 |
[18:53] | because apparently the retainer’s all used up. | 因为很明显咱们的预付聘金用光了 |
[18:56] | He took my call. He’s very good. | 他接了我电话 他很厉害 |
[18:58] | Yeah, that’s how the retainer got eaten up, okay? | 是啊 那就是为什么我们预付聘金用光了 懂吧 |
[19:00] | The secretary took it all down here in a transcript. | 他的秘书把通话记录都记下来了 |
[19:04] | – She’s very good, too. – I’m not paying for this. | – 秘书也很厉害嘛 – 我不会付钱的 |
[19:06] | – Well, what am I supposed to do? – I don’t know, Lindsay. | – 那我能怎么办呢 – 我不知道 Linsay |
[19:08] | Thing you say on Page 7 looks like it could be worth some money. | 你在第七页上说的话或许值点钱 |
[19:15] | – Speaking to me yet? – It’s only been an hour. | – 可以跟我说话了吗 – 才过了一个小时啊 |
[19:19] | Here’s what I don’t understand. | 有一点我不明白的 |
[19:20] | What were you guys doing with Rita in the first place? | 你们本来打算怎么对Rita的 |
[19:22] | We just wanted to do something nice for you, Michael, | 我们只是想为你做点好事而已 Michael |
[19:24] | ’cause you do so much for us. | 因为你为我们做了那么多 |
[19:27] | Guess we screwed it up. | 看来我们搞砸了 |
[19:28] | Well, I screwed it up because I was trying to impress her. | 我也搞砸了 因为我想给她留个好印象 |
[19:32] | Let’s face it, she’s probably too good for me. | 说真的 或许我真的配不上她 |
[19:34] | No, what you need to do is go to her and ask for another chance. | 不 你现在要做的是去找她 求她再给你一次机会 |
[19:38] | She’d be lucky to have you, Michael. | 有你在身边她会很幸运的 Michael |
[19:43] | Thanks, Gob. Sometimes you do surprise me. | 谢谢 Gob 有时你真的能给我惊喜 |
[19:46] | I’ve got one more surprise for you. | 我还真有个惊喜给你 |
[19:53] | And Michael did try again with Rita, | Michael真的再找回Rita |
[19:55] | but this time determined to keep no secrets. | 但这次他不打算保留秘密 |
[19:58] | I want to tell you everything. | 我要告诉你所有事 |
[20:00] | If you’re willing to listen. | 如果你愿意听的话 |
[20:02] | I’m a very good listener. | 我是个很好的倾听者 |
[20:05] | Great. | 好 |
[20:07] | I’ll start with the misdemeanours, | 我要从一些轻罪开始说起 |
[20:08] | and then we’re gonna push | 然后再讲一下 |
[20:09] | right on through to the lighter treasons. | 轻微叛国罪 |
[20:11] | So, 1983… | 在1983年 |
[20:20] | On the next Arrested Development. | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[20:22] | Lindsay tries to work off her debt with Bob Loblaw. | Linsay想要通过为Bob Loblaw工作还债 |
[20:25] | I’m willing to debase myself. | 我想要降低身份为你工作 |
[20:27] | Get a maid’s uniform and come by my house around 7:00. | 早上七点穿着女仆装过来我家 |
[20:30] | There’s no way to misinterpret that. | 要误解这话还挺难的 |
[20:32] | Except the one. | 她还真误解了 |
[20:38] | And a traumatised Steve Holt needs a father. | 受到精神创伤后的Steve Holt需要父亲安慰 |
[20:41] | I’ve made a huge mistake. | 我犯了个很严重的错误 |
[20:47] | I know the feeling. | 我懂你的感受 |
[20:49] | I had you. | 我有了你 |
[20:52] | I’m your father, Steve Holt. I can’t hide from it any more. | 我是你父亲 Steve Holt 我不能逃避你了 |
[20:56] | I won’t forget this, Dad. | 我不会忘记的 爸爸 |
[21:06] | I will. | 我会的 |
[21:12] | I will. | 我会的 |