时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Michael and his son were camping out at the family cabin | 家庭温馨小屋拆除之前 |
[00:06] | before it was to be relocated. | Michael带着他儿子来到这里露营 |
[00:08] | I’m just in the middle of a stupid girl problem, that’s all. | 我正在经历一个愚蠢的男女感情问题 |
[00:11] | I don’t even have a girl, much less a stupid one. | 我连个女人都没有 不要说愚蠢的了 |
[00:14] | No, the problem is stupid. The girl isn’t stupid. | 我是说问题愚蠢 不是女孩愚蠢 |
[00:16] | But if they ever had a child, it would be, | 但如果他们有了孩子 那肯定是个蠢蛋 |
[00:18] | because the girl was his cousin, Maeby. | 因为那女孩不是别人 正是他表妹Maeby |
[00:20] | Tomorrow morning, before we | 明天早上 在告诉警察 |
[00:21] | tell the cops that that’s not Pop-pop in prison, | 监狱里的不是我老爸之前 |
[00:24] | we’re gonna go down to the lake, | 我们去湖边走走 |
[00:25] | we’re gonna discuss your girl problem, | 好好谈谈你的男女问题 |
[00:26] | man to man, and it’s gonna be fun, | 男人之间的谈话 一定很有趣 |
[00:28] | especially the part about the cops. | 特别是关于警察的部分 |
[00:30] | But Pop-pop had other plans. | 但是他老爸有不同的想法 |
[00:34] | And Michael awoke to find his camping trip going south. | Michael醒来发现小屋正一路向南 |
[00:39] | Well, you better get up now if you wanna see the lake. | 不想错过湖光山色的话就赶紧起来 |
[00:42] | And that was when George, Sr made a desperate plea. | 老George在恳求他们 |
[00:46] | Promise me you won’t send me back to prison, | 千万别把我送回监狱 |
[00:49] | so I can be with my dear love, Lucille, | 我要跟我的挚爱Lucille永远在一起 |
[00:52] | in the twilight of her face. | 每天在暮光中看见她美丽的容颜 |
[00:54] | Michael didn’t send his father back to prison, | Michael没有把他老爸送回监狱 |
[00:57] | but instead, arranged for him to be placed under house arrest… | 而是把他软禁在房子里 |
[01:01] | George, we’re never going to be out of each other’s sight. | George 你不能离开我视线半步了 |
[01:04] | … which made this woman his warden. | 这个女人成了他的新监狱长 |
[01:08] | Dear God. | 天啊 |
[01:09] | Send me back to prison. You got to send me back to prison. | 送我回监狱 求你送我回监狱 |
[01:11] | More touching. | 继续摸 使劲摸 |
[01:17] | Michael went to his parents’penthouse | Michael来到父母的顶级公寓里 |
[01:19] | to discuss his father’s ever-worsening legal situation. | 处理他老爸越来越糟的法律问题 |
[01:22] | – Where’s everybody? – How should I know, Michael? | – 人都哪去了 – 我怎么知道 |
[01:24] | As soon as Father came back, I’ve been like the invisible man. | 自从老爸回来 大家都无视我的存在 |
[01:27] | Hello, can anyone see me? | 嘿 你们能看见我吗 |
[01:30] | Where’s your hand, anyway? | 你的手呢 |
[01:31] | Why even bother getting dressed up? I have no one. | 有手没手又有何区别 反正没人在乎我 |
[01:34] | What, Buster, come on now. You know, if you’re really lonely, | Buster 别自暴自弃 如果真的寂寞 |
[01:37] | maybe it’s time you went out there and you got yourself a girl… | 不如出去转转 找个女 |
[01:40] | A pet. | 养个宠物 |
[01:41] | – How about a turtle? – Great. | – 乌龟怎样 – 很好 |
[01:43] | I’ve always loved those leathery little snappy faces. | 我一直都很喜欢它们皱巴巴的小脸儿 |
[01:47] | You certainly have a type. | 这还真是这是你的菜啊 |
[01:50] | – Mother, have you seen my rubber hand? – It’s in the dishwasher. | – 妈 我的义肢呢 – 在洗碗机里 |
[01:52] | Your father and I were using it for something. | 我和你爸用它”做”了点事 |
[01:54] | For God’s sake. | 人在做 天在看 |
[01:56] | Can’t you keep my hand to yourself? | 就不能不用我的”手”吗 |
[01:59] | Use it for something? | “做”了点事 |
[02:00] | He’s just jealous that I had a man back to my life. | 他只是嫉妒我的男人回来了 |
[02:04] | And guess what else is back? | 知道还有什么回来了吗 |
[02:08] | My breakfast? | 我的早餐 |
[02:10] | My friskiness. I’m horny, Michael. | Michael 我的活力 我的欲望 |
[02:14] | No, it’s my breakfast. | 不 就是我的早餐 |
[02:15] | I’m amazed Dad hasn’t strangled himself with his belt yet. | 没想到老爸居然没勒死自己 |
[02:19] | We’re into all kinds of freaky stuff. | 我们都不是圣人 |
[02:21] | Why do I eat breakfast before I come here? | 来之前我干嘛要吃早餐呢 |
[02:25] | What the hell is this? | 这玩意儿是什么 |
[02:27] | Well, now that Dad’s back, I’m gonna perform | 既然老爸回来了 |
[02:30] | one grand illusion for him | 我打算在他勒死自己之前 |
[02:31] | before he strangles himself with his belt. | 给他表演个超级幻术 |
[02:33] | No, no. Turns out they’re into that. | 没有 他们挺喜欢这样的 |
[02:36] | Well, check it. The illusion is called “Free Bird.” | 听着 幻术的名字叫”自由之鸟” |
[02:40] | A magical bird, me in a beak, stands on a platform. | 一只神奇的鸟 就是我带个鸟嘴 站在舞台上 |
[02:43] | There’s a puff of smoke, and I’m gone. | 一阵烟过后 我消失了 |
[02:46] | Then, seconds later, high above, in a once empty cage, | 接着高处的空笼子里 出现一个人 |
[02:49] | – who should appear? – A guy that kind of looks like you? | – 会是谁呢 – 一个长得跟你很像的人 |
[02:51] | No, that’s not how I do the trick. | 不说话没人把你当哑巴 |
[02:54] | Even if it was, how did the look-alike get up there? | 就算你知其然 也不知其所以然 |
[02:57] | – He was hiding behind this mirror? – No! | – 他提前藏在镜子后边 – 不是 |
[03:00] | For your information, Dad asked | 告诉你吧 老爸要我 |
[03:02] | me to do this on the day he pleads not guilty, | 在他做无罪辩护那天表演这个 |
[03:04] | as a spectacular protest. | 表示对判决的抗议 |
[03:06] | A protestacular. | 尖锐的抗议 |
[03:09] | – Maybe even get it on the local news. – Excuse me. | – 也许还会上电视 – 我说一句 |
[03:12] | I was just looking for a marker. A Magic Marker. | 我在找签字笔 神奇的签字笔 |
[03:17] | I want it out of my living room. Put it in Buster’s room. | 别放在我的客厅 放到Buster屋里去 |
[03:20] | That’s where she keeps things she has no need for. | 她把不要的东西都扔到我屋里 |
[03:24] | Oh, God. | 难闻死了 |
[03:25] | I’m gonna run this through again on pots and pans. | 还是扔回洗碗机里好了 |
[03:28] | You know, Gob, instead of trying to impress a father | Gob 与其费心讨好 |
[03:30] | that couldn’t care less about you, | 对你漠不关心的老爸 |
[03:31] | why don’t you try spending some time with your son, | 为何不跟你渴望父爱的儿子 |
[03:33] | who’s dying to reconnect with you? | 好好相处 增进感情呢 |
[03:35] | Gob had discovered he was the father of this boy. | Gob发现他是这个孩子的父亲 |
[03:38] | Then just tell him that Steve Holt stopped by, okay? | 跟他说Steve Holt来过了 |
[03:41] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:41] | He’d been ducking him ever since. | 他却一直避而不见 |
[03:44] | Tom, come on over here, I’ve got a vitamin for you. | Tom 过来 有好吃的给你 |
[03:47] | He’s the one who can’t see me. | 是他对我视而不见 |
[03:49] | Because you were hiding in the trick? | 因为你把自己变没了 |
[03:50] | Illusion, Michael. | 是幻术 Michael |
[03:54] | I so very much would like to be in your prostaticular, | 如果能当你的替身 |
[03:57] | as your lookalike. | 我将十分荣幸 |
[04:00] | Right. They’re gonna see the ink. | 人们会看出破绽的 |
[04:02] | It’s more of a leading-man role. | 虽然不是一个人能完成 |
[04:03] | But it’s not really done that way. | 但也不是你想象的那样 |
[04:06] | Guess I shouldn’t have used a permanent marker. | 看来我不该用这支永久签字笔 |
[04:11] | I’m starting to see why you want that divorce. | 现在我明白你为何想离婚了 |
[04:14] | Yeah, well, actually, I’ve been thinking. | 我最近一直在想 |
[04:16] | Instead of spending money on a divorce, which can be slow, | 与其把钱花在漫长的离婚手续上 |
[04:19] | well, maybe I should get something faster. | 不如花在很快能让我快乐的东西上 |
[04:22] | – Not the car, I said no to the Volvo. – The Lexus. | – 不买车 不买沃尔沃 – 是雷克萨斯 |
[04:24] | The Volvo didn’t have satellite radio, which is crazy, | 沃尔沃连卫星收音机都没有 |
[04:27] | I mean, what are we, Amish? | 我们又不是阿米什人 |
[04:28] | I knew you wouldn’t have the guts to go through with the divorce. | 我就知道你不敢离婚 |
[04:30] | You’re one to talk. You haven’t | 你站着说话不腰疼 |
[04:31] | had a serious relationship since your wife, | 除了你妻子 你就没谈过恋爱 |
[04:33] | and you guys weren’t even speaking toward the end. | 而且到后来 你们连话也不怎么说 |
[04:38] | A lot of that was the coma. | 那是在她昏迷期间 |
[04:39] | Yeah, I’ve heard your side of it. | 说的跟真的似的 |
[04:42] | You haven’t had the guts to meet someone else. | 你就是没胆子再去爱了 |
[04:44] | Look who finally got his pants on. | 看看谁终于把裤子穿上了 |
[04:48] | You’ve got 10 minutes. | 给你休息十分钟 |
[04:50] | You got to get me out of here. | 把我弄走 |
[04:52] | You’re the one that said no to prison. | 是你说不去监狱的 |
[04:54] | I was wrong. There you just had to shut your eyes and take it. | 我错了 在监狱是闭上眼睛接受 |
[04:57] | Here you have to shut your eyes and give it. | 在这儿时闭上眼睛给予 |
[04:58] | Now listen. We can’t just go in there and plead not guilty. | 我们不能走到法庭 大喊我没罪 |
[05:01] | We have to have someone big behind us, | 我们必须找到大人物帮助我们 |
[05:03] | our own private Matlock. | 专属于我们的Matlock |
[05:05] | So I made some calls and I got him. | 于是我打电话找了这个人 |
[05:07] | – Got who? – Andy Griffith. | – 谁 – Andy Griffith |
[05:09] | – You never saw Matlock? – Not a real attorney, Dad. | – 你没看过<辩护律师> – 电视剧是虚构的 老爸 |
[05:13] | Now, for 10 grand he’ll actually sit behind us in court, | 付一万美金 他会出现在法庭 |
[05:16] | and read the paper. For $15,000, | 坐在我们身后读报 |
[05:19] | he’ll actually sit at the defence table. | 一万五美金 他会坐在辩护席上 |
[05:21] | For $20,000, he’ll twice lean forward | 两万美金 他会靠近你两次 |
[05:25] | and whisper something in your ear. | 悄悄告诉你如何随机应变 |
[05:28] | White suit, that’s extra. | 他会穿白色西服 这个额外收费 |
[05:30] | Boy, that’s an awful lot of money | 天啊 这是我听到过的 |
[05:31] | for the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard. | 最浪费钱的烂主意 |
[05:33] | The juries love him. | 陪审团喜欢他 |
[05:35] | That’s just it, Dad. There | 老爸 别说了 |
[05:36] | won’t be a jury because we are pleading guilty. | 我们直接认罪 不需要陪审团 |
[05:39] | I am not… | 我没有 |
[05:41] | Well, I didn’t want to tell you this. | 我本不想说的 |
[05:43] | Are you ready for the bombshell? | 准备好被彻底震惊了吗 |
[05:45] | Andy Griffith wasn’t the bombshell? | Andy Griffith还不算震惊吗 |
[05:46] | I’m a patsy. I was set up by the Brits. | 我被骗了 英国人骗了我 |
[05:50] | A group of British builders operating outside the OC… | 一帮英国建筑商操纵了检查局 |
[05:53] | – Don’t call it that. …- contacted me for a partnership | – 别这么说 – 让我入伙 |
[05:56] | to build homes overseas. | 修建海外的房子 |
[05:58] | I did not know they meant Iraq. | 我当时不知道是伊拉克 |
[06:00] | They’ve got a picture of you with Saddam Hussein. | 他们有你和萨达姆的合影 |
[06:03] | 我做什么 你就吃什么 | |
[06:03] | I thought that was the guy who played the Soup Nazi. | 我以为他扮的是Soup Nazi |
[06:06] | – Come on. – I told him how much I liked his work. | – 谁信啊 – 我当时还说我很喜欢他的作品 |
[06:08] | Anyway, the Brits used that picture to blackmail me. | 总之 是英国佬用照片敲诈我 |
[06:11] | A picture like that, Michael, can end your career. | 一张这样的照片 足以整死你 |
[06:14] | Not in every case. | 也因人而异 |
[06:16] | These are dangerous people, Michael. | 他们都是危险分子 |
[06:17] | They’ll do whatever it takes | 会不择手段 |
[06:18] | to get inside this family and just bring us down. | 整垮我们这个家庭 |
[06:21] | – British people. – They’re polite, | – 英国人吗 – 他们看似彬彬有礼 |
[06:24] | and the men all sound gay, but they will rip out your heart | 温文尔雅 其实随时都想整死你 |
[06:27] | and their breath… | 还有他们都有口臭 |
[06:29] | And you wanna go after these people? | 你想找他们的麻烦 |
[06:31] | Well, yes, it takes a little courage, Michael. | 这当然需要一点勇气 Michael |
[06:34] | I know that’s not your strongest suit. | 我知道你不擅长这个 |
[06:35] | You’re even scared to ask a girl out on a date. | 你连泡妞都不敢 |
[06:39] | Why does everybody think that I’m scared of girls? | 怎么大家都觉得我不敢泡妞呢 |
[06:42] | Because you’re a chicken. | 因为你是胆小鬼 |
[06:43] | – You’re a chicken. – No, I’m not. | – 你是胆小鬼 – 我不是 |
[06:47] | – What are you doing? – Michael and women? | – 你搞什么 – Michael泡妞 |
[06:51] | That’s what I was just telling him. | 我就是这么说的 |
[06:54] | Look, I haven’t found the right girl. | 我不过是没遇见对的人 |
[06:55] | When I do, I will ask her out. | 如果她出现 我肯定约她 |
[06:57] | Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken? | 你们见识过真正的胆小鬼吗 |
[07:00] | Wait, wait. I got the perfect thing. | 等会儿 我有个绝佳的想法 |
[07:03] | That’s enough. | 别闹了 |
[07:04] | I will give it one day, all right? | 我用一天时间 |
[07:06] | I’ll see if there’s any evidence of these nefarious Brits. | 看看能否找到英国人的相关证据 |
[07:08] | But I’m warning you, if I can’t, we’re pleading guilty. | 不过我警告你 如果找不到 你必须认罪 |
[07:11] | You’re either going back to jail, | 同时回到监狱 |
[07:12] | or if the judge shows absolutely no mercy at all, | 若是法官一点不留情 |
[07:14] | you’ll be staying here with my mother. | 你就跟老妈待着吧 |
[07:16] | Lindsay, I didn’t want to tell you earlier, | Lindasy 我之前不想告诉你 |
[07:18] | but I did get you a car. | 不过我的确给你买了一辆车 |
[07:20] | – Is it the Lexus? – It’s more like a Lincoln. | – 雷克萨斯吗 – 是辆加长林肯 |
[07:31] | Oh, come on! | 没搞错吧 |
[07:33] | There’s no satellite radio, but there’s a banjo in the closet. | 虽然没有卫星收音机 但衣柜里有五弦琴 |
[07:36] | And watch out for live-ins. | 小心流浪汉 |
[07:38] | You will get some live-ins. | 他们有时候会来 |
[07:47] | Michael was investigating his | 为了调查老爸的案子 |
[07:49] | father’s case in the English section of Orange County. | Michael来到奥兰治县的英国街 |
[07:52] | Lanes reversed! | 靠左行驶 |
[07:54] | You’re driving on the wrong side, you blooming idiot. | 你开错边了 你个大笨蛋 |
[07:57] | I need to check the records | 我想看看十年前 |
[07:59] | for any British-owned building businesses | 有没有任何英国建筑公司 |
[08:01] | that would have applied for licence about 10 years ago. | 办理过申请 |
[08:04] | I’m so sorry. | 不好意思 |
[08:05] | You’ll need a U.K. Passport to check those files. | 你需要出示英国护照才能查看 |
[08:09] | They’re for British eyes only. | 只有英国人才能”看” |
[08:13] | Don’t I look kind of British? | 我看着不像英国人吗 |
[08:15] | Perhaps if you’re willing to lose 20 pounds. | 给我20英镑 你就是地道的英国人 |
[08:17] | The clerk was asking for a bribe, but this was lost on Michael. | 对方的暗示对Michael完全不起作用 |
[08:21] | You guys do go for the jugular. | 你还真是坚持原则 |
[08:23] | If you find someone with a passport, we’re here till 8:00, | 拿来护照 我们八点下班 |
[08:25] | and do stay for the Poppins. | 一定要留下来看<欢乐满人间>哦 |
[08:28] | – So Michael went to the local pub… – Bloody Yank. | – Michael来到当地的酒吧 – 你没长眼啊 |
[08:31] | … to see if he could find someone with a British passport. | 寻找持有英国护照的人 |
[08:34] | Welcome to The Yellowfang. | 欢迎来到黄牙酒吧 |
[08:35] | I am Lionel, and the soup of the day is… | 我是Lionel 今天的例汤是 |
[08:38] | – What’s the soup of the day, Mum? – Bread. | – 妈 今天的例汤是什么 – 面包 |
[08:41] | And the soup of the day is bread, | 例汤是面包 |
[08:43] | unless you’re just here for the Poppins. | 除非你是来看<欢乐满人间>的 |
[08:45] | And that’s when Michael | 此时此刻 |
[08:46] | saw the most beautiful woman he’d ever seen. | Michael看到一个绝色佳人 |
[08:50] | Not her. Wait for it. | 当然不是她 稍等 |
[09:00] | Are you from Wee Britain? | 你是从小不列颠来的吗 |
[09:02] | Great Britain, actually. | 我是真正的英国人 |
[09:04] | I was wondering if you might be | 我想让你跟我去个地方 |
[09:06] | willing to go somewhere with me. I will pay you. | 我会付钱给你 |
[09:09] | – You’ll pay me? – Not… Not for sex. | – 付钱 – 不是为了 上床 |
[09:12] | You’re gonna think that I’m Jack the Ripper, right? | 你以为我是开膛手杰克吗 |
[09:14] | Didn’t he kill prostitutes… | 他不是只杀妓女吗 |
[09:16] | – I’m not a prostitute. – Then I shall let you live. | – 我不是妓女 – 那就饶你不死 |
[09:21] | That’s my worst hello. Let me try again. | 我太不会说话了 让我重说一次 |
[09:24] | – My name is Michael. – Rita. | – 我叫Michael – Rita |
[09:27] | So I need access to these | 我需要看些文件 |
[09:28] | files that are apparently for British eyes only. | 但是这些文件只对英国人开放 |
[09:31] | Well, lucky for you, my whole face is British. | 算你走运 我是地道的英国人 |
[09:39] | It’s just across the street, here. I really appreciate… | 文件就在街对面 非常感谢 |
[09:41] | Hello, I thought you said you were open till 8:00. | 你不是说八点下班吗 |
[09:43] | Oh yes, GMT. | 我说的是格林威治时间 |
[09:44] | Everything here is on Greenwich Mean Time. | 这里都按格林威治时间进行 |
[09:47] | What a curious street. | 好古怪的规矩 |
[09:50] | Wait, Rita, I don’t suppose that you’re here tomorrow morning? | Rita等会儿 你明早还在这里吗 |
[09:54] | No, not in the morning, no. I’ll be back at Slowbrooke. | 不在 我要回”慢条斯理布鲁克” |
[09:57] | Slowbrooke, the private school? You teach kids, huh? | “慢条斯理布鲁克” 私立学校 你是老师吗 |
[10:00] | I like to think that they teach me. | 我觉得他们教我更多 |
[10:02] | Like what? How to eat crayons, throw tantrums? | 教你什么 吃蜡笔还是发脾气 |
[10:04] | No. Not when I’m there. | 当然不是 当我面对学生时 |
[10:06] | I’m very good. | 我非常棒 |
[10:07] | I didn’t mean to impugn your ability or… | 我没有讽刺你的意思 |
[10:12] | This is turning into one of my worst goodbyes. | 我真是太笨嘴拙舌了 |
[10:14] | Farewell, | 别了 |
[10:17] | and our paths shan’t cross again. | 从此人生不再有交集 |
[10:21] | As you like it. | 如你所愿 |
[10:22] | Michael would have walked away forever, | Michael本该一去不回头 |
[10:23] | but he was struck by something he remembered from his childhood. | 但天降玩偶将他打翻在地 |
[10:26] | You know… | 你知道… |
[10:27] | Ladies and Gentleman, it’s the flight of the Mary Poppins. | 先生们女士们 请看飞翔的Mary Poppins |
[10:31] | 警告 请远离本尊降落区域 我不是谋害游客的人 不过你想杀妓女的话 请留下她 我来了结 | |
[10:31] | Mary Poppins will take flight… | 还是先闪吧 |
[10:33] | Must be the Poppins. | Poppins干的好事 |
[10:35] | I’m sorry, it’s wrong to laugh. I don’t… | 不好意思 我不该笑 我不是 |
[10:38] | No, it was good. I liked it. It’s just, I was gonna ask you, | 没事儿 我刚想问你 |
[10:41] | preschools just go half day, right, | 幼儿园只上半天班是吧 |
[10:42] | and I’m not trying to pick you up, | 有没有可能 |
[10:44] | but is there anyway that I can come by, | 我顺道路过你的学校 |
[10:47] | pick you up, bring you here? | 接上你 来到这里 |
[10:48] | Yeah, I… | 嗯 |
[10:49] | I suppose I could sneak out at naptime. | 我估计午睡时间能溜出来一会儿 |
[10:53] | Yes? Perfect. Great. | 真的吗 太好了 |
[10:54] | And I shall drop you off alive, hooker or no. | 那就放你一条生路 我还是闭嘴吧 |
[11:00] | – Tobias, still hoping to be in Gob’s trick… – It’s right here. | – Tobias仍然想参与Gob的演出 – 就是这里 |
[11:03] | … ventured into a costume shop he’d stumbled upon… | 他壮着胆子来到多年前发现的服装店 |
[11:06] | Look who’s back. …years earlier. | 看看是谁回来了 |
[11:08] | Are you gonna buy this time, or you just curious? | 你这次是买啊还是买啊还是买啊 |
[11:11] | I suppose I’m buy-curious. | 这次真的要买 |
[11:13] | I have a big TV opportunity. | 我有个上电视的好机会 |
[11:15] | This is where all the big TVs come. | 那你就来对地方了 |
[11:18] | – Let’s start with the Eve Arden. – All right. | – 先从Eve Arden发型试起 – 好的 |
[11:21] | Michael, meanwhile, called his sister. | 此时此刻 Michael正和他姐姐通话 |
[11:23] | I wanted to call and tell you that | 我要告诉你 |
[11:24] | I got myself a date with a beautiful woman | 我今天和一名叫Rita的美女约会了 |
[11:27] | named Rita and you’re the chicken, not me. | 所以你才是胆小鬼 我不是 |
[11:34] | Okay, that’s a pretty good chicken. | 你算勇敢的胆小鬼 |
[11:49] | Look out! Crazy Brit! | 小心 疯狂的英国人 |
[11:54] | – What’s the problem? – I know what you were doing back there, | – 怎么回事 – 我知道你在搞什么鬼 |
[11:57] | and if you’ve got half a… brain, you’ll leave it alone. | 如果你有[哔]脑子 你会明白你最好赶紧走 |
[12:01] | You talking about back in Wee Britain? | 你是指小不列颠的事儿 |
[12:02] | I was just asking a few questions. | 我不过是问几个问题罢了 |
[12:03] | Yeah. A few too many if you ask me. | 你问的够多了 |
[12:05] | How would you like someone | 若是有人找你笨蛋家人的麻烦 |
[12:06] | going after some stupid person in your family? | 你作何感想 |
[12:09] | Now, back off, you… ponce. | 滚远点儿 欠[哔]的男妓 |
[12:16] | Dad was not kidding about their breath. | 难怪老爸说英国人有口臭 |
[12:21] | Michael had just been threatened by a foul-mouthed British man. | Michael受到一个满口脏话的英国佬威胁 |
[12:25] | – It’s Michael. I’m not dressed. – Gob, this is Michael. | – 我是Michael 我没穿衣服 – Gob 我是Michael |
[12:30] | Shouldn’t you be getting ready for your “Free Bird” Trick? | 你不是该去准备”自由之鸟”表演吗 |
[12:32] | I couldn’t get the rights to “Free Bird.” | “自由之鸟”这个名字侵权了 |
[12:34] | I’m thinking about calling it “Free”, I don’t know, “Chicken.” | 我想改名叫”自由” 要不叫”胆小鬼” |
[12:38] | I thought you were investigating | 我以为你去调查 |
[12:38] | Dad’s sinister British connection. | 陷害老爸的英国佬了 |
[12:40] | Yeah, I tried, but when I was leaving, | 没错 我去了 当我走的时候 |
[12:44] | one of those British guys came after me and told me to back off. | 一个英国佬警告我别管这事儿 |
[12:47] | I can’t believe it, but Dad may | 说来我都不信 |
[12:48] | have been telling the truth. This might be dangerous. | 没准老爸这次说的是真话 这事水很深 |
[12:50] | So you came back here to hide like a child. | 所以你像个孩子一样退缩了 |
[12:52] | What are you doing locked in my office, exactly? | 你把自己锁在我办公室里干什么 |
[12:54] | Hiding from a child. | 躲避一个孩子 |
[12:56] | – Big difference. – Gob, Steve Holt is your son. | – 跟你不一样 – Gob Steve Holt是你儿子 |
[12:58] | He probably feels a connection. | 他也许有那种感受 |
[12:59] | He doesn’t know what he feels! | 他感受个头 |
[13:01] | I’m tired of being told. | 我受够了你们的教训 |
[13:04] | My God, what is this feeling? | 天啊 这是什么感受 |
[13:07] | You know, the feeling that you’re feeling | 你感受到的感受 |
[13:10] | is just what many of us call a feeling. | 就是人们常说的感受 |
[13:13] | It’s not like envy or even hungry. | 这感受不是嫉妒 更不是饥饿 |
[13:16] | Could it be love? | 也许这就是爱 |
[13:17] | I know what an erection feels like, Michael. | 我知道什么叫”硬了” |
[13:19] | No, it’s the opposite. It’s like my heart is getting hard. | 但与此相反 心里有说不出的滋味 |
[13:25] | Maybe I am ready to be a father. | 也许我准备好了做父亲 |
[13:27] | Dad? | 老爸 |
[13:29] | It’s my son, Gob. | 是我儿子 Gob |
[13:31] | You know, and what is it with the fathers in this family | 为什么咱们家里当了爸爸的 |
[13:33] | always trying to deceive their… | 总是要欺骗他们的 |
[13:35] | And that’s when Michael realised that the man who threatened him | 这时Michael意识到 威胁他的那个男人 |
[13:37] | must have been hired by George, Sr. | 肯定是老George雇来的 |
[13:40] | I’m the patsy. | 我又上当了 |
[13:43] | Well, I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[13:45] | George Michael, I’m sorry, | George Michael 对不起 |
[13:46] | but we’re gonna talk about that girl later, okay? | 咱们晚些再谈你的”女孩问题” |
[13:48] | Now all I have to do is find that lookalike, Michael. | 我现在只需要找个替身 |
[13:50] | Michael Michael. | |
[13:57] | That’s a woman’s wig. | 你带的是女式假发 |
[13:59] | I was told it was a bob. | 他们说这叫鲍伯[波波头] |
[14:03] | – And Michael confronted his father. – Find out anything? | – Michael找到他父亲当面对峙 – 有发现吗 |
[14:06] | Yeah, I did, Dad. I found out | 有 我发现不管我告诉自己多少次 |
[14:07] | that no matter how many times I promise myself | 不能再相信你 |
[14:09] | that I’m not gonna fall for it, | 不能再上当 |
[14:10] | I always end up getting hustled by you. | 可还是被你玩的团团转 |
[14:11] | – What are you talking about? – The guy that you hired | – 你说什么呢 – 我查完英国人之后 |
[14:13] | to threaten me after I looked into the British connection. | 你雇了一个家伙威胁我 |
[14:15] | Wait, wait. Somebody threatened you? | 等会儿 有人威胁你 |
[14:17] | That’s a wonderful performance, | 你不当演员真是屈才了 |
[14:18] | Dad. You’re a regular Brad Garrett, | 你活脱脱就是Brad Garrett |
[14:19] | but I don’t watch TV at 3:00 in the afternoon | 可我这次不陪你玩了 |
[14:21] | and you can forget about pleading not guilty. | 别指望无罪辩护了 |
[14:23] | – Guilty. We got to plead guilty. – What? | – 认罪 我们必须认罪 – 什么 |
[14:25] | Michael, I didn’t hire anyone, | Michael 我真的没有雇人威胁你 |
[14:27] | I swear. If someone came after you, they’re for real. | 我发誓 如果有人威胁你 那一定是真的 |
[14:31] | – Come on. Are you serious? – I told you, these are bad guys. | – 不是吧 真的吗 – 我告诉过你 他们是坏人 |
[14:34] | They do not want this information out. | 他们不想秘密泄露出去 |
[14:37] | He said that he was gonna | 他说他是冲着 |
[14:37] | come after somebody stupid in our family. | 咱们家的蠢蛋来的 |
[14:39] | – That could be Buster. – Could be Gob. | – 说的肯定是Buster – 也可能是Gob |
[14:42] | – You’re not guilty. – We have to plead guilty. | – 你没犯罪 – 但是我们要认罪 |
[14:45] | We got to plead guilty. | 我们要认罪 |
[14:46] | We’ve got to throw ourselves on the mercy of the court. | 就指望法官的法外开恩了 |
[14:49] | – We got to get Andy Griffith. – Andy Griffith in the suit. | – 我们需要Andy Griffith – 穿西服的Andy Griffith |
[14:51] | And Michael went to cancel with Rita. | Michael去取消和Rita的约定 |
[14:54] | Sorry, I just wanted to let you know | 不好意思 我是来告诉你 |
[14:56] | that I’m not going to be needing your passport after all. | 现在不需要用你的护照了 |
[14:59] | We’re just gonna go to court, plead guilty. That will be that. | 我们将在法庭上认罪 |
[15:01] | So, it’s bye-bye to Rita, then? | 你是来跟我告别的吗 |
[15:03] | Yes, I’ll shake your hand goodbye, | 没错 我会跟你握握手说再见 |
[15:04] | but actually, I was wondering if you might want to… | 不过我在想 你是否愿意 |
[15:08] | I wouldn’t. I’ll make you blue. | 不愿意 我会让你忧郁的 |
[15:11] | Rita was just talking about the finger paint, | Rita说的是手上的颜料 |
[15:15] | but Michael didn’t know that. | 但是Michael会错意了 |
[15:16] | I was just wondering if you might want to bid me fair morrow. | 我以为你会祝我一切顺利 |
[15:23] | Michael was filled with self-loathing. | Michael这一刻很讨厌自己 |
[15:26] | Had he been Jack The Ripper, | 他要真是开膛手杰克 |
[15:27] | he would have soothed himself in a most unsavoury way. | 此刻肯定大开杀戒 |
[15:31] | But instead, he just sat in | 可他只是坐在车里 |
[15:33] | his car and ate a whole thing of candy beans. | 用糖果填补心灵的创伤 |
[15:37] | And back at the penthouse, Gob had been called to see his father. | 公寓里 Gob被老爸叫了过来 |
[15:41] | New plan, right? You put me in the trick. | 新方案 我参与到表演中 |
[15:44] | You make me the guy in the cage. | 你把我变到笼子里 |
[15:46] | Okay, I just got to say, I’m really blown away by this. | 我得说 这太让我感动了 |
[15:49] | – You really want to be part of my world. – I do. | – 你真的在关心我 – 没错 |
[15:53] | God, I feel like my heart is straining through my shirt. | 天啊 我高兴得心都要跳出来了 |
[15:56] | They take the ankle monitor off when I get to court, | 我一进法庭 他们会解下脚腕监视器 |
[15:58] | so you make me disappear, you put Tobias in the cage, | 然后你把我变消失 把Tobias变到笼子里 |
[16:01] | and by the time they realise that that guy is not me, | 等他们明白笼子里的人不是我时 |
[16:04] | I’m running through the storm drains to freedom. | 我已经跑进下水道 奔向自由了 |
[16:07] | Where everyday it rains | 那里天天下雨 |
[16:10] | pennies from heaven. | 天降财神 |
[16:18] | Bird, today… | 鸟飞了 今天 |
[16:19] | Gob, I know you’re looking for a twin for your illusion | Gob 我知道你在找跟你很像的人 |
[16:22] | and there’s somebody I’d like to put in a plug for. | 来完成表演 我想给你介绍一个比较像 |
[16:25] | Correction, make that 4,000 plugs. | 不对 是极其像你的人 |
[16:29] | – God. – Come on. | – 天啊 – 不是吧 |
[16:30] | Mr Gay, he’s bleeding! Mr Gay! | 基佬流血啦 |
[16:33] | No, I was scared, too, | 没事 其实我也害怕 |
[16:35] | but I realised it was of being a leading man. | 可天将降大任于斯人也 |
[16:38] | Oh, I can just taste those meaty, leading-man parts in my mouth. | 必先苦其心志劳其筋骨 |
[16:41] | All right, listen to me. The trick has changed. | 听我说 表演方式改变了 |
[16:43] | We want you to play me now. | 我们需要你扮演我 |
[16:45] | But that would mean I’d have to | 如此一来我必须 |
[16:48] | shave my very tender head, I see. | 剃掉我柔软的头发 |
[16:51] | Okay. Well, perhaps I jumped the gun on those new headshots. | 我不该提前印那些头像照片 |
[16:57] | And later that day, Michael arrived at the courthouse. | 当天晚些时候 Michael来到了法院 |
[17:00] | I can’t believe you’re just giving up like this. | 真不相信你如此轻易放弃了 |
[17:03] | No, the guy threatened our family, we have to plead guilty. | 那家伙威胁全家的安全 我们必须认罪 |
[17:05] | No, I’m talking about that girl you said you had a date with. | 我说的是你约会过的那个女孩 |
[17:07] | All right, so I lied. It wasn’t a date. | 好吧 我说谎了 那不是一个约会 |
[17:09] | But you could have made one with her. | 但是你可以约她啊 |
[17:11] | I think that Poppins knocked the courage out of you. | 估计是那个玩偶把你的勇气给撞跑了 |
[17:13] | I guess I’m just not in her league, you know. | 也许我配不上她 |
[17:15] | How did you hear about the Poppins? | 你怎么知道玩偶的事儿 |
[17:16] | It was on the news. | 新闻报道了 |
[17:17] | An unlicensed Mary Poppins takes down another tourist. | 无证表演的玩偶又一次撞倒游客 |
[17:21] | Is this the work of the itsy-bitsy IRA? | 这会是小爱尔兰共和军的杰作吗 |
[17:25] | I don’t wanna talk about this right now. | 我现在不想谈这个 |
[17:26] | Dad, we’re gonna go in there, | 老爸 我们要进去了 |
[17:28] | Andy Griffith’s gonna whisper something, | Andy Griffith也会来帮助我们 |
[17:29] | we’re gonna plead guilty, nice and simple. | 我们直接认罪 简单干脆 |
[17:31] | You didn’t hear. We lost Andy. | 你还不知道 Andy不能来了 |
[17:33] | – What are you talking about? – He didn’t like his trailer. | – 你说什么 – 他不满意去接他的车 |
[17:35] | He thought we were making fun of him. | 他以为我们在恶搞他 |
[17:36] | No one was making fun of Andy Griffith. | 千万别恶搞Andy Griffith |
[17:39] | I can’t emphasise that enough. | 切记切记切切不可忘记 |
[17:43] | Oh, God, don’t look now, but Gob’s doing his magic show. | 天啊 别看 Gob开始演出了 |
[17:47] | Boy, a stupid magic show. We gotta watch this. | 天啊 如此烂的表演可不能错过 |
[17:51] | A big turnout. | 吸引了好多人 |
[17:52] | I think a lot of people are probably here for the free chicken. | 人们都是冲着自由之鸡[免费鸡肉]来的 |
[17:55] | Gather around, humans, | 靠近些 凡人们 |
[17:57] | and I will show you the plight of | 我将让你们见识到 |
[17:58] | an innocent man who yearns to be free as a bird. | 一个渴望自由的无辜者如何挣脱困境 |
[18:06] | I’ve got to start labelling these suits. | 我得记住谁拿了我的钱 |
[18:08] | Who shall I send on this journey to that dangling cage? | 谁将被我送到那个悬挂的笼子里 |
[18:13] | Pick me. | 让我来 |
[18:15] | Look, can I be in this stupid trick? | 我能参与这个愚蠢的戏法吗 |
[18:17] | – Please? – Steve Holt, what are you doing here? | – 我可以吗 – Steve Holt 你来干什么 |
[18:20] | I just came to see the magic show. | 我是来看魔术的 |
[18:22] | – I didn’t know it was you. – Do you like magic? | – 我不知道是你表演 – 你喜欢魔术吗 |
[18:25] | No, I love it. | 不 我爱魔术 |
[18:28] | And at that moment, Gob chose | 此时 Gob决定向儿子展示出 |
[18:30] | to show his own son what he was capable of. | 他的看家本领 |
[18:32] | I’ve decided I will be performing the feat myself. | 我决定自己来完成这个表演 |
[18:37] | Wait, we’re back to hair? | 等会儿 又要有头发了吗 |
[18:39] | Fortunately for Tobias, however, | 对于Tobias来说是个好结局 |
[18:41] | he’d found it too painful to part with his new hair. | 要剃掉他的新头发简直要了老命 |
[18:45] | Boy, did I catch a break. | 天啊 我刚松口气 |
[18:47] | So he opted to wear a bald cap. | 所以他选择带秃头帽 |
[18:50] | This chicken shall be wrongly cooped. | 这只鸡不该被关起来 |
[18:59] | – Is that a chicken? – Oh, my God. | – 那是一只鸡吗 – 天啊 |
[19:01] | Dad, are you all right? | 老爸你没事吧 |
[19:03] | I fooled his own son. | 我骗过了他的亲儿子 |
[19:05] | I am a leading man. | 我是合格的男主角 |
[19:08] | And Gob himself was running through the storm drains… | Gob本人正在下水道里 |
[19:11] | I’m sorry, Steve. …free as a chicken. | 对不起了 Steve 鸡一样自由了 |
[19:13] | I need to be a father. | 我要当一个合格的父亲 |
[19:16] | And George, Sr needed to escape, too. | 老George也想逃跑 |
[19:19] | I got him. | 我抓到他了 |
[19:23] | Keeps him out of the kitchen. | 让他离厨房远点儿 |
[19:25] | And Michael, seeing what a life of cowardice leads to, | Michael 目睹这懦弱的一切 |
[19:29] | decided he had enough of it. | 决定要改变 |
[19:31] | And soon George, Sr came to and it was time to render a plea. | 老George被带到法庭 进行申辩 |
[19:35] | The prosecution’s got that stud from L.A. Law. | 控方的强大外援来自<洛城法网> |
[19:38] | – It’s Harry Hamlin. – I love my trailer. | – 那是Harry Hamlin – 我喜欢我的拖车 |
[19:41] | In the matter of The People v. Bluth, how do you plead? | 公诉布鲁斯一案 被告如何答辩 |
[19:44] | We plead not guilty. | 我们不承认有罪 |
[19:48] | Order in the court. | 肃静 |
[19:49] | – Who let a flash bulb camera in here? – What are you doing? | – 这个闪光相机怎么进来的 – 你在干什么 |
[19:51] | I’m tired of the cowardice. | 我当胆小鬼当够了 |
[19:52] | You’re not guilty, we’re gonna fight this. | 你没罪 我们要力争到底 |
[19:53] | We’ve got the truth on our side. | 真理在我们这边 |
[19:55] | They don’t have a… prayer. | 他们不可能[哔]胜诉 |
[19:58] | Send the cheque to my accountant. | 支票寄给我的会计师 |
[20:01] | This is where Andy could have helped us. | Andy要是在 也就起这点儿作用 |
[20:03] | Well, I’m proud of you. | 真为你骄傲 |
[20:04] | It’s about time I showed a little courage. | 因为我在恰当的时候展现了勇气 |
[20:06] | I just hope those Brits aren’t as dangerous as Dad said. | 我只希望那些英国佬没有老爸说的那么可怕 |
[20:09] | Well, they’re not gonna get any closer to us. | 放心 他们不可能接近我们 |
[20:10] | If they do, we’re gonna see them coming. | 即使这样 我们也会及时发现 |
[20:12] | Oh, my God. That’s Rita. | 天啊 是Rita |
[20:14] | I told her I was coming here and she came. | 我之前告诉她我要来这里 现在她来了 |
[20:17] | – That’s Rita? – Yeah. | – 那就是Rita – 是 |
[20:21] | Wow. She is way out of his league. | 哇 他实在太高攀了 |
[20:26] | Look, I’m glad you’re here. | 很高兴在这里看到你 |
[20:27] | I wanna call you sometime and take you out. | 我本打算给你打电话约你出来的 |
[20:32] | I’d really like that. | 我很愿意 |
[20:37] | And then, just to prove to himself he wasn’t a coward, | 为了证明他不是胆小鬼 |
[20:40] | he went one step further. | 他迈出了关键的一步 |
[20:46] | And Rita was happy to be in Michael’s life as well, | Rita也很高兴和Michael在一起 |
[20:52] | for you see, Rita, | 可是 你看 |
[20:54] | had a secret of her own. | Rita有一个不可告人的秘密 |