时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything… | 故事是关于一个原本富足的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice… | 其中一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 欢迎收看<发展受阻> |
[00:19] | Michael Bluth had set up a meeting with Cal Cullen… | Michael Bluth约见了Cal Cullen |
[00:22] | owner of one of the largest parcels of land in Orange County. | 他是奥兰治县最大包裹公司之一的拥有者 |
[00:25] | I hope that I can prove to you that | 我会极力向你证明 |
[00:26] | we have a very impressive company. | 我们公司有多么的棒 |
[00:28] | Well, your family did not | 好吧 不过你家昨晚 |
[00:29] | come off well on last night’s |
在<丑闻制造者>上可没少出丑 |
[00:32] | <丑闻制造者>是一个 | |
[00:34] | that reenacted headline-grabbing stories. | 模仿焦点丑闻的节目 |
[00:36] | The latest was about the Bluth family… | 最新的一期是关于布鲁斯家族的 |
[00:38] | the rights of which had been signed away by Tobias… | Tobias把故事版权签给了节目组 |
[00:41] | in exchange for the part of George Sr. | 换来了饰演老George的机会 |
[00:44] | When allegations surfaced he’d illegally built homes in Iraq… | 当在被指控非法在伊拉克建房后 |
[00:48] | George Bluth Sr., assisted by his secretary, Kitty… | George Bluth一世在他秘书Kitty的协助下 |
[00:51] | escaped the country. | 逃离了美国 |
[00:52] | Due to poor acting, | 由于演技太差 |
[00:54] | the burden of the story was placed on the narrator. | 故事的包袱只能由旁白来抖 |
[00:56] | Only to be found hiding under one of the homes that he himself built. | 他被发现藏在自己公司造的一间房子下面 |
[01:00] | He was actually found in a hole near the house… | 实际上是在房子旁边的一个洞里被发现的 |
[01:03] | but this inattention to detail was typical… | 不过这种对细节的疏忽 |
[01:06] | of the laziness the show’s | 是这个节目的旁白 |
[01:07] | – narrator was known for. – I can’t survive under the house. | – 为人熟知的懒惰表现 – 我在房子底下活不下去 |
[01:10] | Perhaps an attic shall I seek. | 也许我应该找个阁楼 |
[01:13] | Real shoddy narrating. Just pure crap. | 莫名其妙的旁白 纯粹扯淡 |
[01:15] | But we’re back on track, and we are scandal-free. | 不过我们已经改邪归正了 也没有丑闻了 |
[01:18] | Hey! You start the meeting without me? | 嘿 你们不等我就开始开会了 |
[01:22] | Mother, uh, this is Cal Cullen. You remember my mother, Lucille. | 妈 这是Cal Cullen 这是我妈 Lucille |
[01:26] | We’re right in the middle of talking… | 我们刚好在讨论 |
[01:28] | about this exciting giveaway spa package to entice buyers. | 赠送水疗套餐来引诱消费者 |
[01:31] | You know, he’s never taken me anywhere. | 他从来没有带我去过任何地方 |
[01:33] | Oh, no. We have to live high and dry. | 不 我们就得这么孤独禁欲的活着 |
[01:37] | Well, you’re certainly not dry. | 你显然不是个禁欲主义者 |
[01:39] | Michael, I’m not a prude, | Michael 我也非过分正经 |
[01:41] | but it’s 1:00 in the afternoon. Is your mother drunk? | 但现在是下午一点 你妈已经喝醉了吗 |
[01:43] | I’d have to get up pretty early to get drunk by 1:00. | 我得起的多早才能在一点就喝醉啊 |
[01:47] | As it turns out, she had gotten up early… | 事实上 她确实的起得挺早 |
[01:49] | and had taken pain medication | 吃了一些止痛药 |
[01:51] | because of a hangover-related headache. | 因为宿醉让她的头很痛 |
[01:53] | However, she mistook the “Drowsy eye”Alcohol warning… | 但她把”严肃警告别与酒精同服”之眼 |
[01:57] | for a “Winking eye”Alcohol suggestion. | 脑补成了”不妨小酌一杯咯”之眼 |
[02:01] | Fortunately, she had the | 庆幸的是 她还能意识到 |
[02:02] | good sense not to drive herself to the meeting. | 她自己无法开车去参加会议 |
[02:05] | No. I’ll call for a car. | 不 我得叫辆车 |
[02:07] | Unfortunately, this was after a failed attempt to do so. | 不幸的是 是她自己尝试后才意识到的 |
[02:12] | Who the hell put- | 谁他妈的挡我 |
[02:14] | Michael, I’m sorry. I cannot do business with you. | Michael 我很抱歉 我不能跟你做生意 |
[02:17] | I mean, I couldn’t afford to end up on |
我可无法承受出现在<丑闻制造者>上 |
[02:20] | Oh, you could afford to do anything you want. | 噢 你能承受任何事 只要你想 |
[02:22] | You’re just a big chicken. | 你只是一只大公鸡 |
[02:30] | Michael realized it might be time… | Michael意识到也许是时候 |
[02:32] | to deal with his mother’s apparent problem. | 解决他妈妈的酗酒问题了 |
[02:35] | Okay, that seems as good a place as any to end the meeting. | 好吧 现在结束会议再合适不过了 |
[02:41] | No, I’m not doing another intervention with her. | 不 我不会再参加她的劝说会了 |
[02:44] | Last time, I felt terrible for a week. | 上次搞得我一个星期都不舒服 |
[02:46] | One year earlier, the family had tried an intervention. | 一年前 一家人尝试了一次劝说会 |
[02:49] | Pouring a drink? What are you doing? | 倒酒 你在干什么 |
[02:51] | What if she’s mad? | 万一她发怒了呢 |
[02:52] | – Good point. – Perhaps I’ll have a little sip of something. | – 有道理 – 我也来抿一口壮胆好了 |
[02:55] | Guys, what could she do to us? | 伙计们 她能对我们做什么呢 |
[02:59] | Do we have anything single malt? | 有纯麦芽酒吗 |
[03:01] | And although the intervention didn’t work- | 尽管劝说没有起作用 |
[03:04] | – We think you have a “Prollen.” – You’re a mesh. | – 我们认为你有一个”问踢” – “问踢很达” |
[03:07] | It turned into one of the Bluth family’s better parties. | 不过那最后成了布鲁斯家族最棒的聚会 |
[03:18] | Well, maybe an intervention is the wrong approach. | 好吧 也许劝说会不是个好方法 |
[03:21] | What about rehab? She was just a mess at the meeting. | 让她去复健如何 她刚刚在会上醉的一塌糊涂 |
[03:23] | Where were you, by the way? I could’ve used your help with Mom. | 话说你去哪了 你还能帮我控制下妈妈 |
[03:26] | I believe I told you I was | 我想我告诉过你 |
[03:27] | gonna be out for the holidays. It’s spring break. | 我会外出度假 现在是春假的时间 |
[03:30] | Not that I can enjoy it. My reputation’s been ruined… | 但我并不能好好度假 我的名声已经毁了 |
[03:33] | by that jerk Phillip Litt, | 被那个混蛋 Phillip Litt |
[03:34] | who put my one magic show flub on his DVD. | 他把我表演时的一个失误放到他DVD里了 |
[03:37] | Gob had performed a magic act at an earlier spring break… | Gob在上一个春假的时候表演了一场魔术 |
[03:40] | to get exposure on the best-selling video series… | 以得到在畅销的影片剧集 |
[03:43] | <自暴自弃的女孩>的上镜机会 | |
[03:48] | Or two flubs or whatever. | 或许是两次失误 |
[03:50] | There were seven flubs… | 其实有七次失误 |
[03:52] | and after the show, he signed a release. | 表演完后 他签了播出协议 |
[03:54] | Now, you’re not gonna use the time that I screwed up, right? | 你们不会录下我搞砸的部分吧 对吗 |
[03:56] | That wasn’t part of the act? | 那不是表演的一部分吗 |
[03:58] | Come on, man. I’d never do anything to embarrass you. | 放心 我不会做任何让你尴尬的事 |
[04:00] | Please. | 放心 |
[04:04] | Oh. | 噢 |
[04:06] | Uh, you don’t know a good bird hospital, do you? | 你知道哪有不错的鸟类医院吗 |
[04:09] | You’re getting all this, right? | 你全部都录下来了 是吗 |
[04:10] | Well, at least the Orange County | 好吧 至少奥兰治县的 |
[04:11] | Register didn’t say of your performance… | 登记册上没有这样评价你的表演 |
[04:14] | “If this is who George Sr. is, let’s hope he remains missing.” | “如果这就是老George 请别再出现了” |
[04:18] | Meanwhile, they loved Dave Attell’s risky choice… | 同时 他们喜欢Dace Attell冒险的选择 |
[04:21] | of wearing cutoffs while portraying me. | 穿着小短裤来诠释我的角色 |
[04:23] | In fact, Mr. Attell was portraying… | 事实上 Attell先生饰演的是 |
[04:25] | Tobias’s actual never-nude affliction… | 现实中Tobias不能全裸的痛苦 |
[04:28] | but this perplexed the |
不过因为<丑闻制造者>旁白懒惰的本性 |
[04:31] | due to the unfocused nature of the narrator’s explanation. | 让观众对此迷惑不解 |
[04:35] | No, I think mine’s worse. | 不 我觉得我的更糟 你应该 |
[04:36] | You should’ve seen what happened to me on the boardwalk today. | 看看我今天在人行道走时发生了什么 |
[04:38] | They were laughing at me. Me! | 他们在嘲笑我 我 |
[04:44] | Those tapes are awful. Women tricked into taking their tops off. | 那些片子太糟了 女人受此迷惑脱掉上衣 |
[04:47] | I have a daughter I don’t want her corrupted by the media. | 我有个女儿 我可不想她被这些媒体玷污 |
[04:50] | Unbeknownst to Lindsay… | Lindsay并不知道 |
[04:51] | Maeby was a fairly prominent member of the media… | Maeby是这些媒体里功绩显著的一员 |
[04:54] | as she had secretly conned | 她坑蒙带骗地 |
[04:56] | her way into a job as a film executive. | 得到了一个影片执行制片的工作 |
[04:58] | This |
这<沙滩上的年轻人>的剧本糟糕透了 |
[05:00] | She’d go to the guy just ’cause he said she’s awesome? | 就因为那男的夸她美 她就跟他走了 |
[05:03] | – You call that dialogue? – Hey, I didn’t write it. | – 你管那个叫对话 – 嘿 不是我写的 |
[05:05] | No, but you’re gonna fix it. | 不过你得改好它 |
[05:06] | This spring break movie get done and find out what they sound like. | 搞定这部春假电影然后看看反响怎么样 |
[05:09] | Oh, yeah, right. Do you really think I look college-aged? | 是啊 你真觉得我有大学生那么年轻吗 |
[05:12] | I’m not drunk. But I’m willing to be. Hint. | 我没醉 不过我挺有兴致的 这是个暗示 |
[05:16] | Oh, Mort, you’re gonna be so easy to blackmail. Hint. | Mort 你这样太容易被勒索了 这也是暗示 |
[05:23] | This pig Phillip Litt is | 这个畜生Phillip Litt |
[05:24] | out there asking girls to take their tops off. | 在大街上让女生们把她们的上衣脱掉 |
[05:27] | – It’s an outrage. – Well, | – 太让人气愤了 – 得了 |
[05:29] | of course you feel that way. You’re jealous. | 当然你会那样觉得 你是嫉妒 |
[05:31] | You’re a surfboard. But I do agree he is a pig. | 你是个平胸 不过我赞同他是个畜生 |
[05:34] | Hey! What the hell was that for? | 嘿 这他妈的又是为什么 |
[05:36] | Can we stop worrying about girls with low self-esteem… | 别担心这些没有自尊的女孩了 |
[05:39] | and start focusing on sobering up the woman who gave us ours? | 专注于帮助赋予我们生命的女人戒酒吧 |
[05:42] | What do you think about rehab? | 你们觉得复健中心怎么样 |
[05:44] | She won’t go willingly. I can tell you that. | 她不会自愿去的 我现在就能告诉你 |
[05:46] | May I make a suggestion? Get implants. Really. | 我能提个建议吗 去隆个胸 真的 |
[05:50] | Wha- Come on! This stuff is expensive! | 拜托 这玩意很贵的 |
[05:52] | So Michael set out to convince his mother that she needed help. | Michael去试图让他妈妈承认自己有问题 |
[05:56] | Hello? Hello? I have a surprise for you. | 哈喽 哈喽 我为你准备了一个惊喜 |
[05:59] | – Did I win the prize? – You won the prize. | – 我获奖了吗 – 你获奖了 |
[06:01] | I won the prize! I won the prize! For what? | 我获奖了 我获奖了 什么奖 |
[06:05] | We were gonna give one employee a week at the spa. | 我们奖励公司一位员工一个星期的水疗 |
[06:07] | We were even gonna put them in the ad, but then I thought… | 差点把它放到公告里了 不过后来我想 |
[06:09] | “What about Mom? She’s elegant. She deserves it.” | “给妈妈吧 她如此高雅 她值得这个” |
[06:12] | I was gonna tell you at the office, but then I thought… | 我本打算在办公室告诉你 不过后来我想 |
[06:14] | “No. If I bring her around now, | “不 如果我现在告诉她” |
[06:16] | she might vomit on the overhead projector.” | “她可能会高兴到吐在吊着的投影仪上” |
[06:17] | Let’s just wait till she can go along on her own. | 还是等到她酒醒过来后吧 |
[06:19] | I’m so embarrassed about that. | 早上那事我太难堪了 |
[06:21] | I don’t think I was supposed to drink with my medication. | 我想我可能不该用酒服药 |
[06:23] | Actually, it wasn’t even her medication. | 事实上 那甚至都不是她的药 |
[06:25] | 每日口服三片治手痛 (可引起幻觉) | |
[06:26] | Of course, I can’t take Oscar to an elegant place. | 当然 我不能带Oscar去高雅的地方 |
[06:29] | His only remaining pair of pants blew apart the other day. | 他唯一剩下的裤子前几天被吹走了 |
[06:33] | I was thinking that I would go with you for the week. | 我在想我应该跟你去一个星期 |
[06:36] | So what? I just stay here alone? | 那我要一个人待着这里咯 |
[06:37] | I’m not exactly equipped to run this place by myself! | 我还没有一个人掌控这里的能力 |
[06:40] | You can’t just leave me here alone! | 你们不能就把我一个扔在这里 |
[06:44] | Have a great trip. | 玩得开心 |
[06:46] | But it wouldn’t turn out to be a great trip at all. | 不过这根本不是一次开心的旅途 |
[06:49] | Hello. Welcome to Shady Pines Rehab. Just sign right here. | 欢迎来到Shady Pines复健中心 请在这签字 |
[06:51] | Rehab? This isn’t a spa. This isn’t a spa! | 复健 这不是水疗 可不是水疗 |
[06:54] | – Come here. Wait. Get her. Come here, Mom! – We got a runner! | – 过来 等等 抓住她 过来 妈妈 – 有人跑了 |
[06:57] | As Michael’s mother was being held against her will… | Michael的妈妈被强迫关了起来时 |
[07:00] | George Sr. was about to be confronted with a similar problem. | 老George也正要面对一个类似的困境 |
[07:03] | Kitty. How’d you find me? | Kitty 你怎么找到我的 |
[07:06] | I thought you were dead until I saw |
在看到<丑闻制造者>之前我以为你死了 |
[07:10] | They got so much wrong. | 他们搞错太多东西了 |
[07:11] | But something about your son-in-law’s comment… | 不过你女婿的言语 |
[07:13] | “Perhaps an attic shall I seek,” Had the ring of truth to it. | “或许我应该找个阁楼” 一语道破天机 |
[07:18] | Notice it wasn’t something the narrator said. | 声明一下 这不是旁白说的 |
[07:20] | You abandoned me in Mexico! | 你在墨西哥抛弃了我 |
[07:24] | Kitty, honey, l-I know you’re mad. | Kitty 亲爱的 我知道你很生气 |
[07:25] | Stop talking, George. You stop talking! | 别说话 George 闭嘴 |
[07:28] | I am in charge now. You’re coming with me. | 现在我说了算 你要跟我走 |
[07:32] | No, I can’t. I ca- I have a life here. | 不行 这有我的生活 |
[07:34] | There are people who- who depend on me. | 这儿的人们 都需要我 |
[07:38] | Fine. But I can’t make any promises… | 行 不过我不能保证 |
[07:40] | about what happens to that cooler of evidence I have. | 我手上冷藏箱里的证据会怎么样 |
[07:43] | If I could just have a moment to say good-bye. | 让我跟她们好好道个别吧 |
[07:48] | Meanwhile, at the banana stand… | 同时 在香蕉店 |
[07:50] | Maeby was hoping to find some witty banter… | Maeby想找一些智言妙语 |
[07:54] | with which to authenticate her feature film. | 来增加她的故事片的真实性 |
[07:56] | I want the hot chick to serve me. | 我想要那个漂亮的小妞给我服务 |
[07:58] | What other words would you use to describe me? | 你还会用什么其他的词来描述我 |
[08:00] | – Um, she’s 15, and she’s my cousin. – So? | – 她才15岁 而且还是我表妹 – 所以呢 |
[08:03] | So you can’t touch your cousin- my cousin. | 所以你不能碰你的表妹 我的表妹 |
[08:07] | You know, you don’t have to stick around. | 知道吗 你不用留在这儿 |
[08:09] | I could just work late tonight. It doesn’t matter, | 我今晚可以加点班 没关系 |
[08:10] | ’cause my girlfriend, she’s out of town. | 因为我女朋友不在镇上 |
[08:13] | She’s actually kind of lucky in the end… | 实际上她挺幸运的 |
[08:14] | ’cause all these guys would be coming on to her. | 如果她在 这些家伙肯定会打她的主意 |
[08:18] | Yeah, you really dodged a bullet there. | 耶 你真的躲过了一劫 |
[08:21] | Nearby, Phillip Litt was making his latest video. | 附近 Phillip Litt在拍他最新的影片 |
[08:24] | Everybody gather around! Gather around! Ladies, here’s the deal. | 所有人都过来 女士们 这样如何 |
[08:27] | We have hats. You have breasts. | 我们有帽子 你们有奶子 |
[08:30] | You show your breasts, you get a hat, okay? | 你露奶子 我们给帽子 好吗 |
[08:32] | So if anyone wants to get back at Daddy, now’s the time. | 谁想报复自己老爹 绝妙的机会啊 |
[08:36] | Whoo! Wait. Cut, cut. | 等等 停 停 镜头里 |
[08:38] | – We got a surfboard in the shot. – Surfboard. Stop tape. | – 有个平胸 – 平胸 停止拍摄 |
[08:41] | We’re here to stop you from taking advantage of these girls. | 我们是来阻止你们占女孩子便宜的 |
[08:45] | You know what? You’re sassy. You’re sexy. | 你知道吗 你很时髦 你很性感 |
[08:47] | You speak your mind. There’s nothin’ hotter. | 勇于表达自我 没有什么比这个更辣了 |
[08:49] | – Give her a hat, Barry. – I don’t want a hat. | – 给她一个帽子 Barry – 我不想要帽子 |
[08:51] | I want you to leave these women alone. | 我只希望你别再骗这些女孩子 |
[08:52] | I’m giving them a chance to be idolized… | 我在给她们一个当偶像的机会 |
[08:54] | which is an opportunity these women are never gonna have again. | 而这个机会这些女孩不会得到第二次 |
[08:57] | – I want to be ideolized. – Yeah, you do! | – 我想当偶像 – 耶 你成功了 |
[08:59] | Eileen, stop it. You’ve got nothing to gain from that. | Eileen 停下来 你这样不会得到任何回报 |
[09:02] | That’s easy for you to say. You already have a hat. | 站着说话不腰疼 你已经有个帽子了 |
[09:05] | Come on, girls! | 来吧 女孩们 |
[09:08] | This is no way to get your daddies to notice you! | 这没法让你们的父亲注意到你们 |
[09:11] | Nearby, Lindsay’s own daddy failed to notice her… | 附近 Lindsay自己的父亲也没有注意到她 |
[09:15] | as he was being taken to a local motel… | 他被带到一个当地的汽车旅馆 |
[09:17] | where he refused Kitty’s sexual advances. | 在那他拒绝了Kitty的性攻势 |
[09:20] | You promised me power and a child, and I have neither. | 你承诺过我权力和孩子 我一样都没得到 |
[09:25] | I’m gonna take care of this problem… on my own. | 我得解决这个问题 自己解决 |
[09:33] | Never promise crazy a baby. | 永远不要给疯子承诺一个孩子 |
[09:36] | George Sr. was abandoned and longed for Lucille… | 老George被抛弃后想Lucille了 |
[09:40] | and Buster felt the same way. | 而Buster也一样 |
[09:44] | *Upon her knee* | *在她的膝头* |
[09:49] | *So fine to be* | *多么温暖舒适* |
[09:55] | *Mother and boy* | *母与子* |
[09:58] | Restless, Buster went to the kitchen… | 睡不着 Buster去了厨房 |
[10:00] | to find something to help him sleep… | 找一些能让他入睡的东西 |
[10:02] | when he came across | 他不小心找到了 |
[10:03] | Lucille’s emergency stash of wine | Lucille藏起来救急的酒 |
[10:06] | which he mistook for a giant juice box. | 他还以为是一个巨大的果汁盒 |
[10:12] | It was the first taste | 这是Buster有生以来 |
[10:13] | of alcohol Buster had since he was nursing. | 第一次喝到酒 |
[10:17] | Mama! | 妈妈 |
[10:19] | And Michael, with his mother no longer a threat… | 至于Michael 排除了他妈这个威胁后 |
[10:22] | – met again with Cal Cullen. – Thank you so much for your understanding, | – 又和Cal Cullen约见了 – 非常感谢您的理解 |
[10:24] | As I mentioned on the phone, she did seek help. | 像我在电话里提到的 她确实在寻求帮助 |
[10:30] | And it was extremely moving | 当她终于承认她有 |
[10:32] | when she finally admitted that she has a problem. | 酗酒问题的时刻非常让人感动 |
[10:34] | We’ll take good care of you here at Shady Pines. | 我们在Shady Pines会好好照顾你的 |
[10:37] | I’ll take care of you, you son of a- | 我会好好照顾你 你个狗娘养 |
[10:39] | Shady Pines is a wonderful facility up there on the hill. | Shady Pines复健中心是山上一处很好的设施 |
[10:42] | – You know, they used to film |
– 知道吗 |
[10:46] | – Were you a fan of |
– 你是 |
[10:49] | ||
[10:51] | 12 years before Michael was born. | 在Michael出生前12年 |
[10:54] | Sing the theme song of |
跟我一起唱 |
[11:06] | Oh, what the hell. You’re a good kid. | 噢 管它的呢 你是个好孩子 |
[11:09] | Let’s make the deal. | 生意就这么说定了 |
[11:11] | – Oh, great. I’ve got papers- – Michael! | – 好极了 合同在 – Michael |
[11:13] | Remember me? Perhaps this’ll jog your memory. | 还记得我吗 也许这个能让你记起我 |
[11:16] | – Oh! They’re crooked. – I’ve kidnapped your father, Michael… | – 都下垂了 – 我绑架了你的父亲 Michael |
[11:19] | and I have a cooler full of evidence… | 而且我还有一冷藏箱的证据 |
[11:22] | that will bring down this corrupt company. | 足以让你的整个公司都完蛋 |
[11:24] | Unless your mother meets me today at 4:00 at Senior Tadpole’s. | 让你妈4点来”蝌蚪先生”见我再商谈 |
[11:29] | Spring break. Whoo! | 春假 呜 |
[11:37] | – Dad? – Michael’s father had just been kidnapped. | – 爸 – Michael的父亲刚被绑架了 |
[11:44] | – Hello? – And then he received a call | – 哈喽 – 紧接着他被告知 |
[11:46] | call that his brother had been found drunk. | 他的弟弟喝醉了 |
[11:48] | No, I’m fine. I’m telling you. | 不 我很好 我告诉你 |
[11:49] | For the first time, | 平生第一次感觉 |
[11:50] | I realize that maybe I am better off without her! | 也许没有妈妈在身边我能过得更好 |
[11:53] | – Yeah, well, we’ve gotta bring her back. – Oh, thank God! | – 好吧 不过我们得接她回来 – 感谢上帝 |
[11:56] | So if we want to get that evidence back, and Dad… | 所以我们如果想拿回证据 和爸爸 |
[11:59] | Kitty is insisting on a meeting with Mom. | 就得让妈妈跟Kitty会面 |
[12:01] | – What can Mom do for her? – I don’t know. | – 她想让妈妈干什么 – 我不知道 |
[12:02] | I just, I’ve gotta get my hands on that evidence. | 关键的是 我必须拿回那些证据 |
[12:04] | Problem is I just checked her into rehab. | 问题是我把她送进复健中心了 |
[12:06] | They’re not exactly gonna let me check her out and take her to a bar. | 他们绝对不会让我接她出来去酒吧的 |
[12:08] | So, Gob, I need you to help me sneak her past the guards. | 所以 Gob 我需要你帮助我混过那些保安 |
[12:11] | Well, gee, I didn’t think the woman | 好吧 老天 我没想过 |
[12:12] | I’d be checking out at spring break would be Mom. | 我在春假的时候接出来的女人会是妈妈 |
[12:14] | She’s better looking than the whores you date. | 她比任何跟你约会的妓女都要好看 |
[12:17] | Don’t call my escorts whores. | 不要把我身边的女人叫妓女 |
[12:18] | – Mom’s still got it! – I don’t date whores! | – 妈妈还是比她们好看 – 我不跟妓女约会 |
[12:20] | Stop it! Stop it! This objectification of women has to stop! | 别吵了 对女性的物化必须停止了 |
[12:24] | – It’s just Mom and whores. – No, how would you like it? | – 只是说妈和妓女 – 不 发生在你身上试试 |
[12:27] | Actually, that’s not a bad idea. | 没错 这是个好主意 |
[12:28] | I should turn the tables on | 我应该让男人也试试 |
[12:29] | men and see how they like being objectified. | 让他们尝尝被人评价的滋味 |
[12:31] | Men with low self-esteem. | 没有自尊的男人 |
[12:33] | – Get their clothes off. – That is a great- | – 脱掉他们的衣服 – 那是个很棒的 |
[12:37] | That is a great social statement. | 那是个很棒的社论 |
[12:40] | I shall get the video camera. This is ripe for parody. | 我去拿摄像机 真是个成熟的仿作创意 |
[12:43] | This is ripe! | 很”成熟” |
[12:46] | He just wants to see boys’Linuses. Oh, God. | 他只不过想看男孩们的生殖器 我的天 |
[12:53] | Here we go. | 我们走 |
[12:55] | And so Michael went back to see his mom. | Michael回到了戒酒中心找他妈妈 |
[12:57] | L-I know that you’re upset with me… | 我知道你对我很失望 |
[13:01] | because I brought you here under false pretenses… | 因为我把你骗来了这里 |
[13:03] | – but I really was worried about you, mom. – Oh, please. | – 不过我真的是很担心你 – 得了吧 |
[13:06] | I’ve been drinking since before you were born. | 在你出生前我就开始喝酒了 |
[13:08] | So if alcohol is the reason I’m here, I’ve got news for you, bub. | 如果我在这儿是因为酒精 我也告诉你 |
[13:11] | It’s the only reason you’re here too. | 你今天能在这儿也是因为酒精 |
[13:13] | Hey, you’re mean sober too. | 你现在是清醒刻薄状态了 |
[13:15] | Uh, listen. I need your help. | 听着 我需要你的帮助 |
[13:18] | Kitty has shown up, and she got ahold of Dad. | Kitty来了 爸爸在她手上 |
[13:21] | She found him in the attic? | 她在阁楼找到他了 |
[13:23] | They had a rerun of |
昨天晚上<丑闻制造者>又播了一遍 |
[13:26] | Everybody figured it out. | 所有人都弄明白了 |
[13:28] | She would like to meet you at a bar. | 她想在酒吧跟你见面 |
[13:30] | She says she’s got some evidence | 她说如果你不去 |
[13:31] | that could bring the business down if you don’t go. | 她就会把证据交出去让我们的公司完蛋 |
[13:34] | You’re sending me into a bar? | 你要让我去酒吧 |
[13:36] | Are you sure you can trust me to make decisions for myself? | 你确定你能相信我能控制自己 |
[13:39] | I just need you to find out what she wants… | 我只是需要你弄清楚她想要什么 |
[13:41] | while I check all the local motels for Dad. | 而我会找遍所有的汽车旅馆 |
[13:43] | All right. But here’s what I want. | 好吧 不过我有个条件 |
[13:45] | A spa weekend with you. A real one. | 跟你一起水疗一个星期 真正的水疗 |
[13:48] | I want to spend spring break with you. | 我要跟你一起度春假 |
[13:52] | You have high self-esteem, right? | 你不是个随便的女人 是吗 |
[13:54] | Not after being in here. It’s a nightmare. | 在这里已经没自尊了 真是个噩梦 |
[13:56] | Michael, Mom. We’ve gotta go now. | Michael 妈我们得走了 |
[13:58] | I created a diversion. | 我已经转移了注意 |
[14:01] | You’re gonna love this. | 你会喜欢这个的 |
[14:02] | I’d like to check my uncle in for rehab. | 我想让我叔叔来复健 |
[14:05] | I thought we were buying me some pants. | 我以为我们是来买裤子的 |
[14:06] | Oh, of course you think that. You’re high as a kite! | 当然你会这么想 你已经磕高了 |
[14:09] | He needs help! Any- He needs help! He needs help! | 他需要帮助 他需要帮助 |
[14:16] | And so Lucille was able to meet with Kitty at Senior Tadpole’s. | Lucille在”蝌蚪先生”见了Kitty |
[14:20] | I want what’s due to me- a Bluth son. | 我想要他许诺给我的 一个Bluth的孩子 |
[14:23] | And I know you have the material. | 我知道你有他的精子 |
[14:25] | Kitty was right. Ten years earlier… | Kitty是对的 十年前 |
[14:28] | George Sr. was taking an experimental hair growth drug. | 老George在服用一种实验性的生发药 |
[14:31] | Fearing damage to his fertility… | 因为担心对他的生育能力有损害 |
[14:33] | he froze a specimen of his reproductive material… | 他冷藏了一份有生殖能力的精子 |
[14:36] | in case he ever wanted another child. | 以防他还想要个孩子 |
[14:40] | Soon, news came out that the drug… | 不久后 关于生发药的新闻出来了 |
[14:42] | although somewhat successful… | 尽管药物生毛有点功效 |
[14:44] | wreaked havoc on the central nervous system. | 不过严重损害了中枢神经系统 |
[14:51] | So what do you need me for? | 所以你还找我干嘛 |
[14:53] | He’s not taking the “monkey drug” anymore. | 他已经不吃”变猴药”了 |
[14:55] | – And you’re the one who’s got him. Not me. – Oh, you know why. | – 现在他在你手里 – 你知道为什么 |
[14:58] | He won’t touch me. He said he doesn’t cheat on his wife anymore. | 他碰都不碰我 他说再也不会背叛妻子了 |
[15:01] | He said that? | 他这么说的 |
[15:03] | Drinking contest! | 拼酒 |
[15:06] | Tell you what. I’ll drink you for it. | 告诉你 就为这句话 我要弄醉你 |
[15:08] | Oh, I heard you don’t handle your booze so well anymore. | 我听说你现在酒量已经不行了 |
[15:12] | So this should be easy for you. | 所以你胜算很大咯 |
[15:18] | That one didn’t count. | 还没开始呢 |
[15:20] | And Michael met up with Gob to try and find their father. | Michael跟Gob碰了面 试图找到他们父亲 |
[15:23] | I got it. From the banana stand freezer. | 我拿到了 从香蕉摊那儿 |
[15:25] | The exact same kind of cooler that’s in the photo with Dad. | 跟照片里爸旁边的冷藏箱一模一样 |
[15:28] | – What do we need another cooler for? – Ah, poor Michael. | – 我们要另一个冷藏箱干嘛 – 啊 可怜的Michael |
[15:31] | You do not think like a magician. | 你不能像魔术师一样思考 |
[15:33] | Such a “How’d he do dat?” | 典型的”大惊小怪” |
[15:35] | It’s a classic bait and switch. This is a decoy cooler. | 这是个经典的掉包魔术 这就是那个假的冷藏箱 |
[15:38] | We take it in, switch it with | 我们带着这个进去 把这个 |
[15:39] | the one from the photo and get out of there. | 跟照片里面的换了 然后出来 |
[15:41] | Kitty comes back. Everything’s normal. | Kitty回来后 一切都很正常 |
[15:42] | It’s like we were never there. | 就像我们从来没有来过 |
[15:44] | – But Dad’s gone. – Long gone. | – 不过爸爸不在了 – 已经跑得远远的了 |
[15:46] | But it buys us all the time in the world. | 不过这为我们争取了足够的时间 |
[15:48] | I got it back, Mikey. The self-confidence. I am a magician! | 我找回来了 Mikey 自信 我是个魔术师 |
[15:51] | I’m saying, when Kitty comes back, notices Dad’s gone… | 我想说 当Kitty回来后 发现爸爸不见了 |
[15:53] | first thing she’s gonna do is check the cooler, | 她会做的第一件事情就是检查冷藏箱 |
[15:55] | see if the evidence is still there. | 看看证据还在不在 |
[15:57] | Buys us, like, one second. | 这给我们争取了 大概 一秒钟 |
[15:59] | – I am a worthless magician. – Not true. | – 我是一个没用的魔术师 – 不对 |
[16:00] | – No, I can’t even do one simple trick. – Come on. | – 不 我连一个小魔术都搞砸了 – 好了 |
[16:02] | – I’m covered in sweat. Look at me! – It’s a great trick. | – 我浑身都是汗 看看我 – 这个魔术很棒 |
[16:04] | – Would’ve been flawless if you had a decoy Dad too. – Damn it. | – 如果有个假的爸爸就完美无缺了 – 该死的 |
[16:08] | And I used a guy that looked | 我上一次掉包魔术中 |
[16:09] | just like him in my last bait and switch. | 把长得像爸爸的家伙用掉了 |
[16:17] | – Well, I’m no longer needed here. – No, no, no. | – 好吧 这里已经不需要我了 – 不 |
[16:19] | I think the cooler’s actually gonna help us. | 我觉得这个冷藏箱会帮到我们 |
[16:20] | The extra second that it buys us could be the difference. | 那为我们争取的一秒钟可能会很管用 |
[16:23] | Great. Just give me a couple of minutes to catch my breath. | 好极了 不过先给我几分钟喘喘气 |
[16:32] | Lucille, minutes out of rehab… | Lucille 才从复健中心出来不久 |
[16:35] | was engaging in a drinking contest… | 在她儿子的授意下 |
[16:37] | at the behest of her son. | 正置身于一场喝酒比赛中 |
[16:40] | – Let me know when you’re ready, dear. – She’s mixing! | – 不行的时候告诉我 亲爱的 – 她在混着喝 |
[16:43] | While right outside the bar- | 这时就在酒吧外面 |
[16:45] | I know what the shape of a banana reminds you of… | 我知道这香蕉的形状让你想起什么 |
[16:47] | and I know that when I say “Nuts,” It makes you giggle. | 而且我知道当我说”蛋蛋”的时候 你会痴笑 |
[16:49] | But do you have any other response… | 不过当你听到”这是个有蛋蛋的香蕉” |
[16:52] | to “Here’s a banana with nuts”? | 你还有什么其他的反应吗 |
[16:59] | Why are we even going after this idiot demographic? | 为什么我们还要继续这愚蠢的调查 |
[17:01] | Don’t you get it? They’re not even eating these. | 你还不明白吗 他们甚至没打算吃 |
[17:03] | They just like saying bananas and nuts. | 他们只是喜欢说香蕉和蛋蛋 |
[17:04] | And I won’t- I won’t tell you why. That’s your father’s job. | 我不会告诉你原因的 应该由你父亲来说 |
[17:07] | Come on! Let’s see some bananas and nuts! | 来来 让我们瞧瞧你们的香蕉和蛋蛋 |
[17:10] | Oh, perhaps we should just pull their pants off. | 或许我们应该直接把他们的裤子脱掉 |
[17:12] | Hey, what the hell do you | 嘿 你们他妈的 |
[17:14] | think you’re doing? This is where we shoot. | 在干什么 这是我们拍摄的地盘 |
[17:16] | Yeah, well, you’ve got competition now, | 耶 好吧 你现在有竞争对手了 |
[17:17] | ’cause we’re making our own video. | 因为我们在拍我们的影片 |
[17:18] | Will you just get over it! It’s nudity. | 你怎么就想不开呢 这是裸体艺术 |
[17:21] | Just because you’re ashamed | 你不能因为你对自己的身材 |
[17:22] | of your body doesn’t mean everybody should be. | 感到羞耻就觉得别人也该跟你一样 |
[17:24] | Oh, really? Well, | 噢 是吗 好吧 |
[17:25] | let’s see how you feel about what you’re packing. | 看看你对自己裤子里的东西感觉如何 |
[17:29] | You’re [Bi] a- never-nude? | 你是个[哔]不能全裸的人 |
[17:32] | You’re asking girls to take their tops off, | 你要求女孩子们把上衣脱掉 |
[17:33] | and you can’t even be naked? | 而你自己却不能全裸 |
[17:35] | – I’ve gotta get this. – Lindsay, I’ve already got it. | – 我必须拍下来 – Lindsay 我也有 |
[17:41] | I’m back into cutoffs. Lindsay? | 我重新穿回小短裤了 Lindsay |
[17:45] | I didn’t see you at the convention. | 我在大会上没有见过你 |
[17:46] | No, I was in Germany. I teleconferenced in. | 不 我那时在德国 我电话参与了会议 |
[17:49] | – Did you go to the seminar on chafing? – Dr. Schoenweiss. Yes. | – 参加皮肤擦伤项目了吗 – Schoenweiss医生的 去了 |
[17:52] | This is never gonna work. | 这行不通 |
[17:53] | There’s too many people, too many rooms. | 这有太多人 太多的房间了 |
[17:54] | Michael, we can’t give up. This is important. | Michael我们不能放弃 这太重要了 |
[17:56] | Believe me. I’d rather be down | 相信我 我也情愿在沙滩上 |
[17:58] | at the beach having drinks, howling at chicks. | 喝着酒 对着少妇狼嚎 |
[18:03] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[18:06] | Oh, my boys. Yes, you- you came for me. | 我的孩子们 你们来找我了 |
[18:09] | Yeah, hi, Dad. Uh, Gob’s gonna | 是啊 嗨 爸 Gob能 |
[18:11] | get you out of those handcuffs. Can you do it? | 帮你解开手铐 你可以吗 |
[18:13] | – One handcuff key coming up. – Great. | – 手铐的钥匙要来了 – 好极了 |
[18:20] | What the hell are you doing? | 你究竟在干什么 |
[18:21] | Swallowed a key just in case I ended up doing a show. | 我吞了一把钥匙以备我要表演 |
[18:25] | Come on. This is disgusting. | 拜托 这太恶心了 |
[18:26] | – I’m doing this for you. – This continued for some time… | – 我这都是为了你 – 这持续了一段时间 |
[18:30] | while Michael switched out the coolers. | 这段时间Michael在掉包冷藏箱 |
[18:31] | – Why are you switching out the coolers? – It buys us time, Dad. | – 掉包冷藏箱干嘛 – 给我们争取时间 爸 |
[18:34] | – What? Like a second? – Don’t worry about it, okay? I’ll tell you this. | – 什么 一秒钟吗 – 不用担心 好吗 跟你说 |
[18:37] | When I get this evidence out of here, | 我把证据带出去以后 |
[18:38] | I’m turning it right into the court. | 我会直接把它交给法庭 |
[18:39] | Are you kidding? I don’t care if | 你在开玩笑吗 我不在乎 |
[18:41] | the evidence gets out there. It gets me off the hook. | 证据是否会送去法庭 还能证明我的清白 |
[18:43] | – What are you saying? This exonerates you? – I told you before. | – 什么 这些能证明你无罪 – 我告诉过你 |
[18:45] | I was a patsy. I was set up. I am tired of looking guilty. | 我是个替罪羊 被陷害的 我厌倦了罪犯的日子 |
[18:51] | Well, that’s- that’s great. | 好吧 那太好了 |
[18:56] | Now who’s a horrible magician? | 现在谁才是糟糕的魔术师 |
[18:58] | That is a crown, you horse’s ass. | 那是个齿冠 你个蠢材 |
[19:02] | – How does that make you feel? – Awesome. | – 你觉得怎么样 – 好极了 |
[19:04] | And George Michael caught up with Maeby, | 然后George Michael找到了Maeby |
[19:06] | determined to save her self-esteem. | 决定挽救她的自尊 |
[19:09] | Look, I don’t want to ruin your fun, you know, | 听着 我不想扫了你的兴致 |
[19:10] | but I hate to see guys treat you like this. | 不过我讨厌这些家伙这样对你 |
[19:12] | You’re better than that. To me, anyway. You’re- | 你是更好的人 至少在我眼中 你 |
[19:15] | – Awesome? – No, I was gonna say you’re- | – 好极了 – 不 我想说你 |
[19:17] | you’re like this flower, and I know it’s springtime… | 你就像这花 我知道现在是春天 |
[19:20] | but I just- I’d hate to see you get plucked… | 不过我讨厌看见你被那些采摘 |
[19:22] | by someone who doesn’t even care that you’re blossoming. | 他们甚至都不在意你还在盛放 |
[19:26] | That’s what I’ve been waiting to hear. | 这正是我一直想听到的 |
[19:30] | Maeby was referring to the dialogue… | Maeby指的是剧本中的对话 |
[19:33] | but George Michael had just | 不过George Michael刚刚 |
[19:34] | rediscovered his feelings for his cousin. | 重新找回了对他表妹的感觉 |
[19:36] | Hi, Ann. It’s-It’s George Michael Bluth. | 嗨 Ann 我是George Michael Bluth |
[19:40] | Um, when you get back into town, we should talk. | 当你回来的时候我们该好好谈谈 |
[19:46] | Can I get you anything else, ma’am? | 还需要什么吗 女士 |
[19:48] | No, thanks. I have to get back to rehab. | 不 谢谢 我得回复健中心了 |
[19:51] | She’s in rehab! | 她在戒酒 |
[19:55] | And so George Sr. was free… | 所以老George自由了 |
[19:58] | and Michael and Gob absconded with the evidence. | 而Michael和Gob带着证据跑了 |
[20:00] | One heck of a trick you ended up pullin’ in there, Gob. | 最后你的那个魔术真不错 Gob |
[20:03] | Truthfully, that wasn’t part of the act. | 老实说 那不是表演的一部分 |
[20:05] | I was actually trying to get the key to come out of my mouth. | 我只是试图把钥匙从我的嘴里弄出来 |
[20:07] | No, that part was very surprising, but I’m | 不 那个部分确实很意外 不过我 |
[20:09] | talking about how you helped me get Dad out of there. | 说的是你帮我把爸爸救出来的事 |
[20:13] | Thanks to you, this family could end up being okay. | 多亏了你 我们家可能最后不会有事了 |
[20:16] | And Gob had finally overcome his own low self-esteem. | Gob终于重新找回了他的自尊 |
[20:20] | Hey, aren’t you that magician who always embarrasses himself? | 你是那个总是让自己出丑的魔术师吧 |
[20:23] | Not anymore. Not anymore. | 不再是了 不再是了 |
[20:29] | – Gob! – But he lost it… | – Gob – 不过马上又丢了 |
[20:32] | along with the exonerating evidence. | 还有能证明他父亲无罪的证据 |
[20:35] | They’re laughing, Michael. They’re laughing. | 他们在笑我 Michael 他们在笑我 |
[20:38] | And that’s how you narrate a story. | 哥这才是旁白的王道 |
[20:42] | On the next |
接下来的<发展受阻> |
[20:45] | Lucille gets some disturbing information. | Lucille听到了一些不安的消息 |
[20:47] | – Did you get the evidence? – Yes, and then Gob ruined it. | – 你拿到证据了吗 – 拿到了 然后被Gob毁了 |
[20:51] | After all the trouble we went through | 经历了那么多麻烦用香蕉店的 |
[20:52] | to switch coolers with the one from the banana stand. | 冷藏箱换掉装有证据的箱子 |
[20:55] | The one in the freezer? | 在冰库里面的那个 |
[20:56] | I was storing very important things there. | 我在那装了很重要的东西 |
[20:59] | And Kitty finds what she’s been looking for. | 然后Kitty找到了她想要的东西 |
[21:08] | There was 250 c.c’s of your father in that banana stand! | 那里面有250毫升你父亲的精子 |
[21:14] | No touching. | 别动粗 |