时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything… | 这是关于一个原本富足的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice… | 其中一个孩子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家的故事 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 欢迎收看<发展受阻> |
[00:19] | Michael Bluth had scheduled a meeting with Stan Sitwell… | Michael Bluth约好要与Stan Sitwell见面 |
[00:22] | the Bluth Company’s chief competitor. | 他是布鲁斯公司的头号竞争者 |
[00:24] | Why are we having this meeting at home? | 为毛要在家里见面 |
[00:26] | Let him see he’s not the | 让他看看他并不是唯一 |
[00:28] | only one who builds solid houses, you know? | 一个能建造出坚固建筑的建筑商 懂吗 |
[00:32] | I think he’ll be pretty impressed, knock on wood. | 他一定会大吃一惊的 敲敲咱家的木头 |
[00:39] | In fact, Michael was meeting | 事实上 Michael是受他逃亡老爹 |
[00:41] | at home at the behest of his fugitive father. | 之命 才安排在家里见面的 |
[00:44] | …knock on wood. | …敲敲看哦 |
[00:46] | Don’t you find the timing of this meeting a little suspicious? | 咱们公司要和他们公司打垒球友谊赛了 恰好选在 |
[00:48] | Right before we play his company in softball? | 这之前见面 你不怀疑这其中有猫腻吗 |
[00:51] | No, no. Our business is in trouble, | 别多想 我们家族的生意现在不景气 |
[00:53] | and I think he sees an opportunity. | 我想他可能是看到了商机 |
[00:55] | So, I figured the guy’s a family man, why not invite him over… | 而且我发现他是个顾家好男人 不如邀请他来 |
[00:58] | let him see us in our element. | 让他看看我们家人间的气氛是多么和谐 |
[00:59] | I hope you don’t mean the whole family… | 我希望你说的不是”全部”家人 |
[01:00] | – cause George Michael’s off with Ann. – Ann? | – George Michael屁颠屁颠地跟着Ann出去了 – Ann吗 |
[01:03] | Hmm. That’ll play well with Sitwell. | 嗯 这一点也可以对着Sitwell好好发挥发挥 |
[01:05] | “Where’s your son?” “He’s out with Ann.” | “你儿子呢” “和Ann出去了” |
[01:07] | “Who’s Ann?” “Don’t ask me, I’m just the boy’s father.” | “Ann是谁” “不晓得啊 儿大不由爹啊” |
[01:10] | Hey, screw Sitwell! He comes in here telling us… | 去他妈的Sitwell 他一来这儿就开始大放厥词 |
[01:12] | how to build our houses, how to raise our kids. | 胡乱指导我们怎么盖房子 怎么养孩子 |
[01:15] | We know what we’re doing. We don’t need any help from him. | 我们很清楚该怎么做 不需要他在这儿瞎扯淡 |
[01:20] | Damn it. This thing got pushed in again. | 靠 这玩意儿又卡进去了 |
[01:22] | – Gonna need a butter knife. – That’s what I’m talking about. | – 我需要个黄油刀 – 我正想说这个 |
[01:24] | George Michael’s got these | George Michael有你要的这种 |
[01:25] | powerful little fingers. He should be here. | 强大的小东西 他应该呆在这儿的 |
[01:27] | How do you think I feel? | 你考虑过我的感受吗 |
[01:28] | He is the one who said he would help me on this essay… | 他说过要帮我写作业的… |
[01:30] | – for The Old Man and the Sea. – I’ll help you with that later. | – <老人与海>的读后感 – 到时候我帮你 |
[01:33] | Oh, great. Okay. So you have to read this, and then explain it… | 哦 太棒了 你要先读完作品 然后对文本进行解读 |
[01:37] | and, this is important, say it in my own words, okay? | 还有 一定一定要记住 要模仿我的说话方式写 |
[01:40] | Smart, but not too smart. Let’s have a four-syllable max. | 要聪明 但不要太过 不要使用超过四个音节的单词 |
[01:43] | Do you wanna say something or should I, Tobias? | Tobias 对此你没有什么要说的吗 |
[01:45] | No. I believe in letting | 此言差矣 我觉得让孩子 |
[01:46] | children learn from their mistakes, Michael. | 在错误中自我反省是最好的 Michael |
[01:49] | They make a mistake once, they shan’t make it twice. | 他们有了前车之鉴 自然就不会再犯相同的错误 |
[01:53] | Oh, here I go! | 就当我没说 |
[01:56] | Don’t worry. It has not fallen into the garage. Knock on wood. | 别担心 冰箱还没陷到车库那里 敲敲木头 |
[02:03] | You gonna want to help me with that? | 你能帮我处理一下这个麻烦吗 |
[02:04] | No, I can’t. I have an audition tomorrow. | 我爱莫能助啊 明天我有个试镜 |
[02:07] | I’m up for a minor, but meaty, role in a feature film. | 一个剧情片里的角色 虽然戏份很少 但是相当丰满 |
[02:11] | – “Confidence Man Two.” – Oh, | – “骗子二” – 哦 |
[02:13] | yeah? I didn’t see the first Confidence Man. | 真的吗 但是我还没看过<骗子一>啊 |
[02:15] | No. Confidence Man Two is my character. | 你跑偏了 我角色的名字叫”骗子二” |
[02:18] | I think I’ll drive up today and plot my route to the studio. | 我想今天就出发 探探去试镜室的路 |
[02:21] | How ’bout I come with you? I could help you prepare. | 要不我陪你一起去 我能帮着做些准备工作 |
[02:24] | Yes, well, it’s for a con man, | 你有心了 但是我不觉得 |
[02:25] | which I don’t think you know anything about. | 你会对”骗子”这个类型有什么了解和想法 |
[02:28] | And besides, don’t you have school? | 还有 你不用去上学吗 |
[02:31] | No. Um- Today is “Help Your Dad Follow His Dream” Day. | 今天不用 今天是”帮助老爸追梦日” |
[02:36] | Great. We can take the carpool lane. | 那准了 我们拼车去吧 |
[02:39] | – I need ice. – I’m glad Sitwell’s coming over. | – 我需要点冰块 – 我很高兴Sitwell要来了 |
[02:42] | Let him see that we’re doing fine as a family. | 让他睁大双眼看看我们的家庭多么团结一致 |
[02:46] | The only help we need is from each other. | 一致到我们只需要自己人的帮助 |
[02:48] | And apparently whatever’s in that bottle. | 也让他见识见识那瓶子里装的东西 |
[02:50] | Thanks for reminding me. | 谢谢提醒我 |
[02:51] | – My Teamocil. – Wait a minute. Teamocil? | – 展示我的团结药丸 – 什么 团结药丸 |
[02:54] | Isn’t that that supplement that you | 这不是你和Tobias曾经做过担保的药剂么 |
[02:55] | and Tobias were hocking before the F.D.A. shut you down? | 后来食品药品监督管局勒令你们停工了 |
[02:57] | In the mid ’90s, Tobias formed a folk band… | 在90年代中期 Tobias组建了一个民谣乐队 |
[03:01] | to promote a supplement that promised better unity and teamwork. | 专门给这种声称能促进团结精神的药物做广告 |
[03:04] | – Teamocil – Teamocil may decrease your sex drive. | – 团结药丸 – 本药可能会导致您的性欲下降 |
[03:08] | – Teamocil – Good job, buddy. – Thanks, friend. | – 大家来买团结药丸哟 – 做得好 – 谢啦 |
[03:11] | Since I’ve been taking this again, | 自从我再次服用它以后 |
[03:12] | I’ve been getting along great with my husband. | 我的夫妻生活变得和睦多了 |
[03:14] | You’re taking it for the side effect, aren’t you? | 你吃这个药就是为了它的副作用 是吧 |
[03:16] | – Michael. – Oh God. | – Michael – 哦 又来了 |
[03:18] | Mother, not a good time. I’m having a meeting here. | 老妈 现在我没空 一会儿有个会面 |
[03:20] | – Look at what Buster sent from the army. – It’s blacked out. | – 看看Buster从军队里寄来什么 – 被打马赛克了 |
[03:23] | Oh, the government. Keep reading. | 政府干的 给我们念念 |
[03:25] | “Sergeant Blank is treating me very blank… | “某中士对我可那个啥了 |
[03:28] | And it looks like I’ll | 貌似我要被送到某个地方 |
[03:29] | be shipping off to blank in about a blank. | 待上个多少天 |
[03:31] | – I blank you, Mother. Buster.” – I’ve done everything I can. | – 我什么什么你 妈妈 Buster” – 我已经尽力了 |
[03:34] | I even tried to convince them he’s gay, | 我甚至试着让他们相信他是个同性恋 |
[03:36] | but no one would believe… | 但是没人相信 |
[03:37] | that a woman like me would have a gay son. | 有我这样一个性感老妈 我儿子还会去喜欢男人 |
[03:39] | Well, you certainly tried. | 可不是 您做的还真不少 |
[03:40] | You guys wore matching outfits till he was 12. | 你们俩到他12岁时还穿情侣装 |
[03:42] | Even once on a magazine cover… | 还上了杂志封面 |
[03:44] | that had been mocked within the family for years. | 让我们家白白被嘲笑了很多年 |
[03:44] | 为什么我 要娶我的妈咪 当老婆 作者 Buster Bluth 10岁 | |
[03:46] | Lucille, l-I’ll say it again. | Lucille 我再说一遍 |
[03:48] | You never know what’s going to happen in the army. | 在军队里发生什么事都不足为奇 |
[03:51] | – Remember, Lucille? – No, I don’t. | – 有没有想起什么 Lucille – 什么也没有 |
[03:55] | – Get me a vodka, rocks. – Mom, it’s breakfast. | – 给我来杯伏特加 加冰去水 – 拜托老妈 现在是早餐时间 |
[03:59] | – And a piece of toast. – Please, Stan Sitwell’s coming over. | – 再来一片吐司 – 求您了 一会儿Stan Sitwell就要来咱家了 |
[04:01] | That hairless freak is coming here? | 那个秃毛老怪要来咱家了吗 |
[04:03] | None ofhis hair is real, you know. | 他全身上下的毛发都是人工的 |
[04:05] | You mean the guy we’re meeting | 也就是说我们要见的这个人对自己 |
[04:07] | with can’t even grow his own hair? Come on! | 的毛发都无能为力 那他来干甚 |
[04:09] | It’s called alopecia, and I’d | 人家不有病么 俗称秃头症 |
[04:11] | appreciate it if we could all be sensitive to it, okay? | 所以大家不要戳别人的痛点 好吗 |
[04:13] | He happens to be a very | 他人蛮不错的 |
[04:14] | – modest and generous man. – Modest and generous? | – 谦虚而且为人慷慨 – 谦虚 还 为人慷慨 |
[04:17] | Then why is he always waving | 那他为什么老是拿着一张一千万 |
[04:18] | giant $10 million checks over his head… | 的支票张牙舞爪 |
[04:20] | – every time some- – Go ahead, Mom. Finish your thought. | – 每当一些 – 你接着说 妈妈 说下去 |
[04:24] | “Every time some children’s hospital needs funding”? | “每当一些儿童医院需要资金援助的时候” |
[04:27] | Nonetheless, we could get a giant checkbook too. | 反正我们也能写大额支票 |
[04:30] | We’re just not that starved for attention. | 我们只是比较低调而已 |
[04:34] | And later, Sitwell laid out his plans. | 过了一会儿 Sitwell 说出了他的计划 |
[04:37] | – Sorry that my son couldn’t be here- – Let me guess. Girlfriend. | – 抱歉我儿子没能来 – 能理解嘛 到了泡妞的年龄 |
[04:40] | You know, it could be worse. He could wanna marry your mother. | 哎呦 或许更糟 他也许想娶你的老妈当老婆 |
[04:44] | 布鲁斯公司出品 “急急山谷” 快来抢购 | |
[04:45] | Oh, I’m sorry. Is your family not laughing at that yet? | 我失礼了 你们家还没从这个”畸恋”阴影里走出来吗 |
[04:47] | Okay. Let me tell you what I’m offering. | 好了 下面我们来谈谈正事 |
[04:49] | You got a wonderful piece of property here that’s going nowhere. | 你有一片相当了不起的不动产 |
[04:51] | So what I propose is a | 所以我想和贵公司 |
[04:52] | co-venture with your Sudden Valley Development. | 合作开发”急急山谷”这个项目 |
[04:54] | The first thing you might wanna change though is the name. | 当然你的当务之急是改名字 |
[04:57] | You know, Sudden Valley conjures up the image of a sinkhole, no? | “急急山谷”这个名字 会让人联想到便便的地方 |
[05:00] | I told that to Dad. I told that to my dad. | 确实 当时我就向我老爸建议过 |
[05:03] | I’m thinking- Paradise Gardens. | 我觉得可以起- 天堂花园 |
[05:06] | I swear to God, I have that written- | 我发誓 当时我连名字都想好了 |
[05:10] | I want you to see so you don’t | 我要让你看看 这样你就不必费心再想了 |
[05:11] | think- I have that written down in my notebook. | 我都把名字写到了笔记本上了 |
[05:13] | When George Sr. Was in charge… | 当George先生还是一把手的时候 |
[05:15] | he had a habit of shooting down any idea Michael came up with. | 他习惯性地拒绝Michael提出的任何想法 |
[05:19] | And Sudden Valley just sort of implies | “急急山谷” 怎么说呢 会让人联想到 |
[05:21] | that something awful could happen all of a sudden. | 一些突发性恶性事件 |
[05:23] | Plus, it’s on a hill. | 还有 我们的项目是建在山顶的 |
[05:25] | What are you taking, stupid pills? Come on. | 你吃错药了吧 别发神经了 |
[05:27] | Save us some money. | 别败家了啊 |
[05:29] | This was a management tool that he used to keep Michael… | 这是他的惯用伎俩 来激励Michael为了他的认可 |
[05:32] | – working for his approval. – That was a hard one to say no to. | – 而不断努力 – 刚才那个提议拒绝起来真难啊 |
[05:36] | The only thing I ask is out of the 450 homes we build… | 我唯一的要求是要在我们建的450所新房中 |
[05:38] | one be given to a disadvantaged family from the inner city. | 挑一所让本市的一个贫困家庭来住 |
[05:41] | That’s great. So the other 449 families live in fear? | 想得挺美 那剩下的449户活该生活在担忧中吗 |
[05:45] | Is that what we’re saying? I mean, come on! Where’s your decen- | 我们就在讨论这些吗 我是说 拜托 你的… |
[05:48] | What the hell just fell off your face? | 刚才从你脸上掉下来的是什么鬼东西 |
[05:51] | One of this guy’s eyebrows | 他的一个眉毛 |
[05:52] | – fell in the candy beans. – I always carry a spare. | – 掉到糖果盘里了 – 幸亏我带了备用眉毛 |
[05:54] | Well, I hope you also carry a spare bowl of candy beans. | 很好 我希望你还随身带了个备用果盘 |
[05:57] | Gob! I’m very impressed with the offer. | Gob 我很喜欢这个提议 |
[05:59] | I’m gonna run it upstairs, see what kind of reaction it gets. | 我要向”楼上”禀报一下 再来断定结果如何 |
[06:02] | – Hmm? – So to speak. | – 什么 – 先这么说定了 |
[06:05] | Michael hoped to impress his father. | Michael希望这次能让老爸刮目相看 |
[06:07] | I think it sounds pretty good. | 我觉得这次的提议很不错 |
[06:08] | Pretty good? It was horrible. | 很不错吗 我觉得糟透了 |
[06:10] | What are you taking, stupid pills again? | 你又吃错药了吗 |
[06:11] | But their old dynamic returned when George Sr. did. | 过去的场景再度出现 |
[06:15] | Gob was the only one down | Gob是唯一能够对付 |
[06:16] | there who knew how to handle that hairless freak. | 秃头老怪的人 |
[06:18] | – Thank God we have Gob on our team. – You know, Dad… | – 感谢上帝 我们的团队有Gob – 但是 你很清楚 爸爸 |
[06:21] | Gob doesn’t really do all that much for our team. | Gob游手好闲 根本没怎么出力啊 |
[06:24] | In fact, I think it’s time that I get put back in charge. | 事实上 我觉得是时候由我来重掌大权了 |
[06:26] | Michael, listen to me. Lately, your ideas, they’re horrible. | Michael 听爸爸的话 最近你出的尽是些馊主意 |
[06:29] | And Sitwell’s just trying to figure out our batting order… | Sitwell就是想窃取我们在周末 |
[06:32] | for the softball game on Saturday, I’m telling you. | 垒球比赛上球员的出场顺序 相信我 |
[06:35] | Gob said the same thing, Dad, but l-I doubt that this guy’s… | Gob也这么想 老爸 但是他怎么可能傻到 |
[06:38] | trying to drop $15 million to find out our batting order. | 为了一个出场顺序支付1500万刀呢 |
[06:41] | Hey. This game goes way, way back. | 别忘了 君子报仇 十年不晚 |
[06:43] | It was a fierce rivalry, with George Sr. Using… | 那是一场激烈的赛事 |
[06:46] | everything at his disposal | George先生使用各种小动作 |
[06:48] | – to win- – No hair. Hey, we got no hair. | – 来取胜- – 秃头 嘿 这里有个秃头 |
[06:51] | While Stan Sitwell used the | 而Stan Sitwell想利用这场比赛为 |
[06:52] | game to raise funds for underprivileged children. | 贫困儿童筹集基金 |
[06:56] | Oh, I think one of your orphans | 哦 那不是你资助的孤儿吗 |
[06:57] | – is heading towards the street. – Strike three. | – 怎么朝着街道乱跑 – 噢噢 出局 |
[07:00] | You go down there, and you tell him to go screw himself… | 你现在就下楼 告诉他去死吧 |
[07:03] | and apologize to your brother. | 然后还要向你哥哥赔不是 |
[07:04] | We need him on our side, and we need him happy. | 我们要哄你哥开心 让他站到我们这边 |
[07:07] | – Where’s Sitwell? – Sorry. I told him to screw off. | – Sitwell呢 – 抱歉 我让他滚了 |
[07:09] | – But get this, he offered me a job. – What? | – 但是他给了我一个差事 – 什么 |
[07:12] | Well, I’m not waiting on my brother. I pass. | 我和我弟不在一个战线上 我退出 |
[07:15] | – You look surprised. – I’m sorry. I must’ve put it on too high. | – 你干嘛这么吃惊 – 我个老糊涂 把眉毛贴的太靠上了 |
[07:19] | But you were right. It was a bad | 不过那个提议确实不怎样 |
[07:20] | offer and you were smart enough not to take it. | 你很聪明没接受 |
[07:23] | You got gumption. You speak your mind. | 你很有机智 敢于表达自己的看法 |
[07:24] | That means you’re good enough to work for me. | 我欣赏你这类人 来为我工作吧 |
[07:26] | – you. | [哗]你 |
[07:28] | And I accepted. He’s waiting for me outside. | 恭敬不如从命 他在外边等着我呢 |
[07:31] | We’re gonna swing by his wigmaker. | 我们要去造访他的假发师 |
[07:32] | His “Just woke up” Hair is finally ready. | 他”刚刚睡醒”状的假发做好了 |
[07:35] | You’re really gonna do this? | 你执意要这么做吗 |
[07:37] | It’s ready, Mike. They’re only gonna hold it for 24 hours. | 假发都做好了 Mike 人家的保留时间只有一天 |
[07:42] | Tobias and Maeby, meanwhile, | 与此同时 Tobias和他闺女 |
[07:43] | had mapped the route to the audition. | 已经知道到试镜室怎么走了 |
[07:46] | Well, here we are and home we go… | 大功告成 我们要回去了 |
[07:49] | with plenty of time to get you to English class. | 还有很宽松的时间送你上英语课 |
[07:53] | Wait. You can’t do a U-turn on your dream. | 等等 有梦想就要一直向前冲 |
[07:55] | I say, we get you on the lot and get the Feake name out there. | 不如我们先到试镜场地 让你的大名出现在那里 |
[07:59] | Start talking you up around the watercoolers. | 就从饮水机旁开始 大胆地剖白你自己吧 |
[08:01] | Maeby, we’ll never get on here. | Maeby 我们永远也到不了那儿的 |
[08:02] | I mean, behind these walls are the biggest stars in the world. | 这层层围墙里住的可是国际性的超级巨星啊 |
[08:06] | America’s treasures. | 是美国的财富 |
[08:11] | – Damn it! – Dad, you’re | – 靠 – 爸 |
[08:12] | auditioning for the part of a confidence man. | 你要扮演的可是个骗子 |
[08:15] | Let’s try a little confidence. | 咱有点自信成吗 |
[08:17] | You say confidence man? Hey, I’m up for that part too. | 你也要试镜骗子这个角色吗 真巧 我也是 |
[08:20] | – Oh. – Good luck to you. | – 哦 – 祝你好运 |
[08:22] | Good luck to you too. | 你也是 |
[08:24] | As Tobias was gaining self-confidence… | 当Tobias正在找自信的同时 |
[08:27] | – Michael was struggling to keep his. – Hi, Dad. | – Michael也在尽力保持自信 – 嗨 老爸 |
[08:29] | Wow, you’re president again? | 你又当上总裁啦 |
[08:30] | Yes, this is the way it should be. | 是的 本来就应该是这样 |
[08:31] | What do you think of when you hear the words, “Sudden Valley”? | 当你听到”急急山谷”这个词时 你想到了什么 |
[08:34] | Salad dressing, I think. | 沙拉酱 |
[08:36] | But for some reason, I don’t wanna eat it. | 一个让人没食欲的沙拉酱 |
[08:38] | – Right. But “Paradise Gardens.” – Yeah. | – 好的 那”天堂花园”呢 – 这个 |
[08:40] | Okay. I can see marinating a chicken in that. | 让我想到腌在卤汁里的鸡 |
[08:43] | Um, I’m actually here about the softball game. | 我来这儿是想谈谈垒球比赛的事 |
[08:45] | We need some girls on the team, right? | 我们需要一些女队员 对吧 |
[08:47] | Yes, we do. That’s a league requirement. | 是的 确实 这是联合会的要求 |
[08:48] | One that was difficult to meet, given Gob’s behavior… | 因为有Gob这个怪蜀黍 使得去年垒球赛 |
[08:52] | in the third inning of last year’s game. | 的第三局中 姑娘们可受了苦 |
[08:54] | We could stay here, wait for another pop-up. | 美眉 我们可以一直抱到下个发球哦 |
[08:56] | – And in the fifth inning. – Come on! Yeah, here we go! | – 在第五局时 – 加油 拍拍屁屁 打打气 |
[08:59] | Oh, and before the game. | 哦 还有在开赛之前 |
[09:04] | We lost our entire outfield and a couple of court cases. | 去年我们输掉了整个外场 还吃了几场官司 |
[09:07] | Well, you know who would | 嗯,你应该知道合适的人选 |
[09:07] | be great and not at all litigious is Ann. | 且不会打官司的一定就只有Ann了 |
[09:11] | – Mmm, not Ann. – No? | – 嗯Ann吗 不行 – 不行 |
[09:14] | ‘Cause you know this-this game is kind of our thing. | 你要知道这场比赛事关家族的荣光 |
[09:17] | But Ann’s amazing. You know, she could play my position. | 但是Ann很出色 她可以顶替我的位置 |
[09:20] | You should be playing the field… there, in right, you know? | 你应该打右场 知道吗 |
[09:23] | Plus, I got Aunt Lindsay playing this year. | 而且 今年我已经选了你姑姑Linsay |
[09:25] | I can’t very well pull her off the roster. | 我不忍心把她排除在名册之外 |
[09:27] | Let’s make Ann the backup, okay? | 那就让Ann当替补吧 好吗 |
[09:29] | Very good way to think about her… as a backup. | 对她来说当…替补最好不过了 |
[09:32] | – She’s gonna be so excited. – Good. | – 她一定会高兴死的 – 那就好 |
[09:34] | – Maybe-Maybe now I’ll get a kiss. – Okay. | – 也许大概我能得到一个吻作为奖赏 – 没问题 |
[09:38] | Oh. I meant from Ann. | 我是说得到Ann的吻 |
[09:43] | Yes, I know. I just want to get in there first. | 我知道 我就是想先给你个心理准备 |
[09:47] | Okay. | 谢谢爹 |
[09:51] | Lindsay, wake up. I need | Lindsay 醒醒 我要你今年 |
[09:52] | you to play on the softball team this year. | 加入我们的垒球队 |
[09:54] | Lindsay felt the intended effect of Teamocil- | 由于团结药丸的药效 |
[09:57] | – a sense of camaraderie. – Count me in, | – Lindsay心中充满了大爱 – 我加入 |
[09:59] | Michael. Happy to help the team. | Michael 我愿意为家族小分队效劳 |
[10:04] | – Great news. I’m back. – You just left. | – 好消息 我回来啦 – 你不是刚走吗 |
[10:07] | Yeah, I don’t think things are gonna work out with Sitwell. | 是的 不过我觉得我和Sitwell合不来 |
[10:09] | I mean, we picked up his sleepy-head wig, everything was cool. | 在我们顺利地拿到他的”刚刚睡醒”状的假发之后 |
[10:12] | Next thing I know, he’s asking me for a bunch of work ideas. | 我知道他肯定要问我一大推关于工作的问题 |
[10:15] | So, I thought I’d just quit and go back to being president here. | 我就不想干了 我要回来当总裁 |
[10:19] | I need to do this job, okay? | 我需要这个位置 好吗 |
[10:21] | I need to prove that I can do this job. | 我要证明我能胜任这份工作 |
[10:23] | – To who? – To… you. | – 向谁证明 – 向 你 |
[10:28] | Michael, I’m your big brother. I’ll never be impressed with you. | Michael 我当大哥好多年了 你从来没有过什么惊人之举 |
[10:32] | – Still. – Anyway, look. You can still do it. | – 到现在还是 – 你爱干就干吧 |
[10:34] | I just want the office and my stuffs and title. | 我就是想要间办公室 这些办公用品 享受这头衔 |
[10:38] | What about… if I help you with your work over at Sitwell? | 那 如果我帮你和Sitwell的合作呢 |
[10:44] | – You’d do that? – Sure. | – 你会这么做吗 – 当然 |
[10:46] | You really want me to succeed at Sitwell. | 你真的希望哥哥在Sitwell手下闯出一片天 |
[10:49] | Well, I just- Hey. Come on. | 我只是 嘿 别矫情了 |
[10:51] | I really want you to be over at Sitwell. | 我只是不想在这儿看见你 |
[10:58] | Lucille was worried that her son | Lucille担心自己的宝贝儿子Buster |
[11:00] | Buster was being sent into battle with the army. | 会被送往前线打仗 |
[11:03] | I feel that we’ve not brought | 我觉得我们还没有拿出真正 |
[11:04] | something up that might be a solution… | 可以解决问题的方案 |
[11:06] | um, to spare my feelings. | 嗯 我也不打算要我的老命了 |
[11:09] | Send you in his place? I called. They don’t want you back. | 让你替代他 我试过了 人家死都不想要你回去 |
[11:13] | Oscar had served in Vietnam as a croc spotter on a Swift boat. | Oscar曾在越南战争中当过鳄鱼侦查员 |
[11:17] | Croc! No, Sorry. Wait. Log. | 前方发现鳄鱼 慢着 是个伐木 |
[11:20] | Just a log. No, wait. Sorry. Croc! | 吓死我了 不对 是个大大的鳄鱼 |
[11:22] | It was there that he met a young U.S.O. Dancer named Lucille. | 就是在那儿他遇见了Lucille 美国劳军联合组织的舞蹈演员 |
[11:26] | I prefer an older man. | 我喜欢比我大的男人 |
[11:28] | – Hey, I’m free after the show. – I said older, Bob, not dad. | – 嗨 演出结束后赏个脸 – 我只是说比我略大 Bob 你都能当我爸了 |
[11:35] | I swore I’d never say his name again, but… | 我曾发誓再也不提起他的名字 但 |
[11:38] | it’s time to call you-know-who. | 是时候向”那个人”求助了 |
[11:41] | “You-know-who”Was an army sergeant named Bill Anderson. | “那个人”是名叫Bill Anderson的中士 |
[11:45] | He and Lucille were an item before she left him for Oscar. | 在Lucille搭上Oscar之前 他们可是一对金童玉女 |
[11:50] | At the studio, Tobias | 在试镜工作室里 Tobias |
[11:51] | began to create buzz around the watercooler. | 开始在饮水机周围引起喧哗 |
[11:54] | That Feake is some kind of something. | 那个Funke[Tobias的姓]可不是个一般人哪 |
[11:57] | Boy, this Funke is all anybody’s ever talking about. | 几乎人人都会谈到他 |
[11:59] | So sick and tired of hearing about how brilliant that Funke is. | 真是厌倦了人人都说他多么出色 |
[12:02] | Overrated. I’ll just move- I’m sorry. | 言过其实了 我要把这个换个位置 抱歉 |
[12:07] | Okay. We’re okay. Okay. | 没事 没事 一切正常 |
[12:09] | Meanwhile, Maeby looked | 同时 Maeby在找没人的办公室 |
[12:10] | for an empty office to call George Michael. | 给George Michael打电话 |
[12:13] | Where are you? I bought you a day. | 你在哪呢 我都给你拖延了一天了 |
[12:15] | I can’t put this book report off forever. | 我不能永远拖着读书报告不写啊 |
[12:17] | Sorry, is this your office? | 打扰了 这是你的办公室吗 |
[12:19] | No. I’m just sitting behind | 不是 我只是刚好坐在别人的桌子后面 |
[12:21] | someone else’s desk pretending these are my kids. | 假装照片里的人是我的小孩 |
[12:23] | Can you get Jude Law in here for a meeting? | 你能把裘德 洛找来给我见个面吗 |
[12:26] | – Oh, I’m just a reader. – A reader? | – 哦 我只是个审稿人 – 审稿人 |
[12:28] | – Yeah. – I need a report by tomorrow. | – 是的 – 明天给我提交一份这本书的报告 |
[12:32] | Before gym-lunch… with Jim… Carrey. | 在体育课 哦不 在我和金 凯利共进午餐之前 |
[12:37] | It’s the Grinch guy. You’re too young. | 他主演了<偷走圣诞节> 你还太年轻 |
[12:43] | So get this. Sitwell loved my ideas. | 听好了 Sitwell很喜欢我的主意 |
[12:47] | Well, my ideas and I knew it. That’s great. | 那是我出的主意 看吧 不错吧 |
[12:50] | You know, Dad never | 老爸从没赞赏过其中 |
[12:51] | – complimented any of those. – Here’s the thing. | – 任何一个建议 – 这样 |
[12:53] | – I need more. – There were 34 proposals in there. | – 我需要更多的建议 – 你手头已经有34个提案了 |
[12:57] | You’d be amazed how fast | 你根本不知道当你把它们 |
[12:58] | they come out when you read them all in a row. | 连起来读时 速度有多么惊人 |
[13:00] | “Thirty-one, bamboo floor upgrades. | “31 换成竹木地板 |
[13:02] | Cheaper, stronger.” I can’t read this word. | 实惠又结实” 这个词儿念啥 |
[13:04] | “Thirty-two, wireless ‘crapability.”‘ That one explains itself. | “32 无线 狗屁[容量]” 这个无需我解释 |
[13:07] | – “Thirty-three”- – Gob, that was six-months’ worth of work. | – “33” – Gob 这是我6个月的心血 |
[13:09] | – You can’t just blurt them all out at once. – Mr. Bluth. | – 你不能直接一次全部说出来 – Bluth先生 |
[13:12] | – He’s coming. I’ve got to go. – You blew them away. | – 他来了 我挂了啊 – 你给他们上了生动的一课 |
[13:15] | Bought you something. Maybe we can play catch sometime. | 给你买了个东西 没事儿的时候我们可以玩玩接球 |
[13:19] | Gob’s own father had only once played catch with him. | 即使是亲生父亲 Gob也只和他玩过一次接球 |
[13:22] | And it ended as badly as any game of catch could end. | 而且结果极尽糟糕之能事 |
[13:26] | – White power! – Better yet, maybe we can play ball on Saturday. | -你是白人你就浪了 – 也许这个周六我们就可以一起玩了 |
[13:30] | I’ll meet you there. I’ve got a neck hair fitting at 11:00. | 我们到时再见 11点我要去取戴在颈部的头发配件了 |
[13:33] | Gob was both angry… and overwhelmed… | Gob很生气 但又被眼前这个好似父亲的人 |
[13:38] | by the approval from this new father figure. | 那关爱的眼神给融化了 |
[13:41] | It was confusing. | 真是让人困惑 |
[13:44] | Michael was less torn and went to brag to his father. | Michael感到没那么受伤了 就跑去老爹面前炫耀 |
[13:47] | So, apparently my ideas aren’t so bad, | 这么看来我的建议根本没那么糟 |
[13:50] | and that comes from Sitwell himself. | Sitwell亲口夸赞的 |
[13:52] | You let your ideas go to Sitwell? | 你告诉Sitwell你的建议了 |
[13:54] | Uh, no. I gave them to Gob… | 呃 没有 我只是告诉了Gob |
[13:56] | who, uh, works there now. | 他现在给Sitwell打工 |
[14:00] | You let Gob go to Sitwell? | 你让Gob去了Sitwell那里 |
[14:02] | – What’d I tell you? I told you- – “Don’t let him go.” I know. | – 我是怎么给你说的 我说过了 – “要留住他” 我知道 |
[14:04] | But my point is that I do all the work, | 但我坚持由我来掌全局 |
[14:06] | – Pop. – He makes all the plays. | – 就这样 – 但我们要靠他打球啊 |
[14:07] | Don’t you understand? | 你糊涂了吗 |
[14:08] | He was the best softball player in the league. | 他可是队里最出色的的球员 |
[14:10] | Gob was especially gifted at sacrificing his body for the play. | Gob在打球方面特别擅长奉献自己的身体 |
[14:15] | Play’s at second. Play’s at second. | 第二回合 第二回合 |
[14:17] | Yeah! Suck on that, Sitwell. | 太棒了 你没戏了 Sitwell |
[14:18] | Although at times, even that wasn’t enough. | 尽管有些时候 他还不止如此 |
[14:21] | Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run, you moron. | 你刚才那个小鸟叉腿跳让我们丢了一分 你个蠢蛋 |
[14:24] | Why do you think Sitwell hired him? | 你觉得Sitwell为什么要雇用他 |
[14:26] | You can’t do this. You’re gonna lose the game, | 你不能这样做 你会输掉比赛 |
[14:28] | the company, and you can’t do this. | 输掉公司 你不能这样做 |
[14:29] | What are you saying? If I win the game, | 你的意思是 如果我赢得了比赛 |
[14:31] | you’re comfortable with me running the company? | 你就放心把公司交给我来管 是吗 |
[14:33] | – That’s what I’m saying. – I’ll win the game. | – 是的 – 我一定会赢得比赛的 |
[14:35] | And I’ll show him that his little plan didn’t work, all right? | 我要让他明白他那点小计谋是不会成功的 好吗 |
[14:38] | We can build houses. We can win games. | 我们不但能开发房地产还能赢得比赛 |
[14:40] | That is what I wanna hear. | 这才是我儿子 |
[14:42] | We can win games. | 我们能赢得比赛 |
[14:48] | Lindsay, did that oven vent hit you? Your foot is bleeding. | Lindsay 那个烤箱罩砸着你了吗 你的脚在流血 |
[14:51] | My foot is bleeding. – | 我的脚在流血 |
[14:53] | Teamocil may cause numbness of the extremities. | 团结药丸会引起手足麻木 |
[14:55] | You’re gonna be able to play on our team, right? | 你会加入我们的队 对吗 |
[14:57] | – Why do you think I’m taking Teamocil? – To curb your sex drive. | – 你觉得我为什么要吃团结药丸呢 – 来克制你的性欲 |
[15:00] | That’s right. What team are you talking about? | 答对啦 你说的什么队来着 |
[15:03] | It may also cause short-term memory loss. | 该药物还会导致短时失忆 |
[15:06] | Okay. Looks like I’m gonna | 好吧 看来我还是需要 |
[15:07] | need that female backup player after all. | 咱们的替补选手了 |
[15:09] | – And Ann’s really good at softball, huh? – Yeah. She’s amazing. | – Ann 垒球打的真的很好吗 – 是的 她非常出色 |
[15:12] | You know, she’s got this low | 她的重心很低 |
[15:13] | center of gravity. You can’t knock her over. | 所以你绊不倒她的 |
[15:15] | Well, I could knock her over. | 我可以绊倒她 |
[15:16] | Dad, I’m telling you, you can’t. | 爸 你别不相信 你做不到的 |
[15:18] | They call her “The Wall,” You know? | 别人都叫她”人墙” 知道吗 |
[15:20] | Well, that’s great. But I | 正好 但我还是能 |
[15:21] | could knock her over. I won’t, but I could. | 绊倒她 我不会故意那样 但是我有这个能力 |
[15:24] | – And Lucille called on an old lover. – William? | – Lucille来到老情人的办公室 – 小威威 |
[15:27] | – Yes, ma’am? – You don’t remember me? | – 有什么事吗 – 你不记得我了吗 |
[15:30] | General Anderson had done three tours of duty in Vietnam… | Anderson将军在越南执行过三次任务 |
[15:34] | but the only memory he’d blocked | 但他唯一不记得的就是 |
[15:36] | – was being left by Lucille. – Oh, God. That touch. | – 就是Lucille甩了他 – 哦 天啊 这熟悉的手感 |
[15:39] | – Oh, how could I forget? Pat? – Lucille. | – 我怎能忘记呢 莫非是Pat – 小女Lucille |
[15:43] | I could never forget that touch. | 我永远不会忘记这温柔的抚摸 |
[15:45] | Bill, they’re shipping my son Buster off. | Bill 我的儿子Buster就要被送走了 |
[15:48] | I can’t have that happen. | 我绝不能让这种事发生 |
[15:50] | I’m sorry. There’s nothing I can do. | 抱歉 我爱莫能助 |
[15:52] | Is there anything I can do? | 那有我能为大人效劳的吗 |
[15:55] | Maybe if you… go downtown. | 也许你可以…用”口”为我服务 |
[16:01] | Oh, I haven’t done that in 30 years. | 哦 我都30年没练了 |
[16:15] | You make me want to puke, Bluth! | Bluth 你能再恶心点么 |
[16:18] | And so, Buster was pulled out of combat training- | Buster被开除出格斗训练队 |
[16:21] | – Put ’em down and halt! – and put into U.S.O. Training. | – 放下枪 立正 – 他被送到了美国劳军联合组织 |
[16:29] | It jolts | 晃是能晃 |
[16:29] | And back at Gob’s new office. | 把目光重新投向Gob的新办公室里 |
[16:31] | but it’s not really doing it right now. | 但晃的不正常啊 |
[16:33] | – Michael. – Do you still need those ideas? | – Michael – 你还需要我的那些提议吗 |
[16:35] | Come on. Are you kidding me? I can’t let Sitwell down. | 必须的啊 你在给我开玩笑吗 我不能让Sitwell失望啊 |
[16:38] | – L-I’m desperate here. – Then I’ll make you a deal. | – 我现在非常需要这些提议 – 那我们来做个交易 |
[16:41] | – I want you to throw the softball game. – Never! | – 我要你故意在垒球比赛上失分 – 没门儿 |
[16:45] | – He gave me this. – Of course he did. | – 他说还送了我这个 – 他当然会这样做 |
[16:47] | Why do you think he hired you? | 你想过他为什么要雇用你吗 |
[16:48] | He liked my ideas. | 他喜欢我的提议 |
[16:51] | They were my ideas, and, no, he didn’t. | 那是我的提议 而且 他并不喜欢 |
[16:53] | He wants you for the softball game | 他想要你为他的垒球队效力 |
[16:54] | because he’s trying to make our family look foolish. | 因为他想要让我们的家族丢脸 |
[16:57] | I knew you had bad ideas. All right, we’ll play him. | 我就知道你歪点子多 好吧 我们来整整他 |
[17:02] | I’ll throw that softball game. | 我会故意失掉分数的 |
[17:05] | Nobody makes a fool of our family without my help. | 没有我 咱们家怎么能丢脸呢 |
[17:13] | Tobias had talked up the name Funke, and it was time to audition. | Tobias不停地宣传着Funke这个名字 直到试镜的时候 |
[17:17] | – What’s your name? – Tobias. | – 报上名来 – Tobias |
[17:20] | He’s too short. Give it to the guard. | 他太矮了 让那个保安来演 |
[17:22] | Oh. L- I’m not. L- On camera, I seem much taller. | 我 我不矮 在镜头里看我可高呢 |
[17:27] | And Maeby picked up the reader’s report, | Maeby也拿到了别人写的读书报道 |
[17:29] | which had now become her book report. | 不过现在成了她的 |
[17:31] | – Whatcha got there? – I can’t really discuss it. | – 手里拿的什么 – 这是机密 |
[17:34] | If you wanna get it made, I’m the guy who has to see it. | 如果你想让它投入制作的话 就必须经过我 |
[17:36] | You’re the Funke everyone’s talking about? What are you, like, 15? | 你就是大家都在谈论的那个Funke吗 你多大了 15岁吗 |
[17:40] | – Marry me. – Everyone thinks I look young too. | – 你已经可以娶我了 – 大家也都觉得我长了张娃娃脸 |
[17:44] | – So who are you thinking about? – Jude Law. Why do you ask? | – 那你的想法呢 – 裘 德洛 怎么了 |
[17:47] | Yeah. Go young. Young Guy and the Sea. Big spring-breaker. | 嗯 很受年轻人的欢迎 我们拍个<青年与海> 一定会大买的 |
[17:50] | Four C.G.I. The fish. Let’s fast-track this one. | 用四维电脑特效做个大鱼 下面就开始着手干吧 |
[17:53] | And that’s when Maeby realized | 就在这时 Maeby意识到她已经 |
[17:54] | she had become a successful film executive. | 成为了一名成功的电影制片人 |
[17:57] | – It’s all waxed up. – All waxed up? What do you mean? | – 车都上好蜡了 – 整个车都打了蜡吗 你开什么玩笑 |
[17:59] | – I need something. A job for my dad. – Yeah, yeah. Sure. Okay. | – 我父亲需要一份工作 – 好的 没问题 |
[18:02] | Listen to me. Brand new cars don’t get waxed! | 新车不能上蜡 你个二货 |
[18:05] | That afternoon it was game time… | 到了下午打比赛的时间 |
[18:08] | and Michael felt confident about a Bluth win. | Michael觉得胜券在握 |
[18:13] | Spin, spin, spin. | 旋转 旋转 |
[18:15] | Ann wasn’t as amazing as | Ann并没有George Michael向他爸 |
[18:17] | George Michael led his father to believe. | 描述的那么神 |
[18:21] | But Gob was playing worse than ever… | 但是 Gob还真是向他和Michael |
[18:23] | as per his agreement with Michael. | 保证的那样打得一塌糊涂 |
[18:34] | Your guy can’t hit, Sitwell. He’s never gonna touch it. | 你们队的人水平真烂 连个球边都擦不了 |
[18:37] | – Time out. – Time out. | – 时间到 – 中场休息 |
[18:39] | Gob, are you okay? | Gob 你没事吧 |
[18:41] | Yeah, just can’t hit today. | 没事 今天发挥不正常 |
[18:43] | Guess you’re really disappointed in me. | 你肯定很失望吧 |
[18:44] | Hey. Everybody has days like this. It’s only a game. | 别这样想 人人都有状态不佳的时候 一个比赛而已 |
[18:48] | After that list of ideas you gave me, | 在听了你提出的建议之后 |
[18:49] | I don’t care if you blow the whole season. | 你就算输掉整个季度的比赛 我都不在乎 |
[18:51] | Come here, you. | 来 抱抱 |
[18:55] | Okay. We’re good. | 好啦 我们准备好了 |
[18:57] | And Gob finally felt that someone believed in him. | Gob此刻感觉终于有人肯定他的能力了 |
[19:01] | Even though they weren’t his ideas. | 尽管这些提议不是他提出的 |
[19:05] | And he decided to make Sitwell proud. | 他决定要让Sitwell引以为傲 |
[19:10] | Get on that ball! | 接住那个球 |
[19:15] | You go. | 加油 |
[19:17] | You better pull an ankle or something. | 你最好打出界 |
[19:19] | Come on, George Michael! Get that ball in there! | 快点 George Michael 捡起那儿的球 |
[19:21] | Then he went headfirst into The Wall. | 然后Gob一头撞进”人墙”身上 重栽在地 |
[19:24] | – I’m safe. – You’re out! | – 我还活着 我没事 – 你出局了 |
[19:26] | Out? I was safe! I’m safe! | 出局 我没事啊 我真没事 |
[19:29] | – Stop with the Tweety Bird dance, you moron. – Dad? | – 别跳你的小鸟叉腿舞了 蠢蛋 – 爸 |
[19:32] | He made the call. You’re out. What are you doing? | 裁判吹哨了 你出局了 还磨蹭什么 |
[19:35] | – Shush, shush, shush. – Dad? | – 嘘 小点声 – 爸 |
[19:37] | – He’s safe. – What the hell are you doing here? | – 他还能打 – 你来这儿干什么 |
[19:39] | I’m taking care of what you screwed up. | 替你收拾烂摊子 |
[19:41] | You blew it again, Michael. | 你又一次搞砸了 Michael |
[19:42] | Let me tell you something. I | 你知道吗 |
[19:44] | blew it when I let you start controlling me again. | 当我重新受制于你的时候 我就已经搞砸了 |
[19:47] | I even stooped to cheat here at a softball game. | 我还要在比赛上做小动作 |
[19:49] | You’ve been talking to each other. How come nobody called me? | 你们两个之前谈过话 为什么不叫上我 |
[19:51] | – What’s going on there? – I’m | – 你们在干什么啊 – 我 |
[19:53] | just fixing something that’s been bugging me. | 我就是确认一下 他是否受伤了 |
[19:55] | He was safe. | 他没事 |
[19:57] | He was. We lost. Get over it. | 他没事 我们输了 承认了吧 |
[20:01] | Yeah, and Stan Sitwell liked my ideas. He really believed in me. | Stan Sitwell欣赏我的提议 他肯定我的能力 |
[20:05] | – My ideas. – Well. | – 那是我的提议 – 一家人嘛 |
[20:07] | And I’m president, whether you like it or not, Dad. | 不管你赞同或不赞同 爸爸 这个总裁我当定了 |
[20:10] | I don’t need your approval anymore. | 我不需要事事都要你的同意 |
[20:13] | – I’m proud of you. – Really? | – 我为你感到骄傲 – 真的吗 |
[20:17] | Yeah. See ya. | 是的 回头见 |
[20:22] | Michael, I could’ve sworn I just saw Dad. | Michael 我发誓我刚才看见爸爸了 |
[20:24] | Or not. I think hallucination | 或者我看错了 我想团结药丸 |
[20:26] | is one of the side-effects ofTeamocil. | 会让人产生幻觉 |
[20:28] | It isn’t. | 那不是幻觉 |
[20:30] | – Thanks for making the right call there, Mike. – Yeah. | – 谢谢你为我拨乱反正 Mike – 应该的 |
[20:33] | – Sorry I didn’t blow the game. – No. You did the right thing… | – 抱歉我没让咱家赢得比赛 – 没事 你这样做是对的 |
[20:36] | and you finally got Dad to one of your ball games. | 你终于让爸爸来看你打一次比赛了 |
[20:39] | – Screw him. – Yeah. | – 我不在乎 – 好吧 |
[20:41] | I miss him so much. | 好久没享受过父爱了 |
[20:45] | On the next Arrested Development. | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[20:48] | – Maeby gets her father a job. – I gotta fire one of ya. | – Maeby 给他爹找了份工作 – 你们俩我只能留一个 |
[20:51] | Andy Richter! Here are those head shots I was telling you about. | Andy Richer 这儿有几张面部特写我想给你看一下 |
[20:54] | – Yeah. I gotta go. – It’s Tobias Funke. | – 算了吧 我得走了 – 是Tobias Funke的 |
[20:56] | I told you about the head shots? | 我之前给你提到过啊 |
[20:58] | And Buster visits the general. | Buster去拜访了Anderson将军 |
[20:59] | I just wanted to thank you for my new job. | 感谢您让我找到了新的工作 |
[21:03] | – What’s wrong? – I’m shipping out tomorrow. | – 怎么了 – 我明天就要去前线了 |
[21:06] | – I’ve got just the thing. – Oh. | – 我很会按摩哦 – 真舒服 |
[21:09] | I haven’t felt hands like that in years. | 这手劲儿多年都不曾享受到了 |
[21:12] | You are coming to the front. | 你要跟着我一起去前线 |