时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything… | 这是关于一个原本富有的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice… | 其中的一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家的故事 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 欢迎收看<发展受阻> |
[00:18] | Michael was adjusting to his new position as vice president… | Michael正在努力适应他的新身份 副总裁 |
[00:21] | which meant doing the work of the president, his brother Gob. | 却干着总裁 他的哥哥Gob 该干的活 |
[00:24] | – Michael. – Hey. | – Michael – 嘿 |
[00:26] | So, did you see the new Poof? | 你看了新一期的 |
[00:31] | His name’s Gary, and we don’t need any more lawsuits. | 他叫Gary 别乱说 我可不想惹上什么官司 |
[00:33] | No, I was talking about the magazine- Wait. Gary’s gay? | – 没 我刚说的 |
[00:37] | – Yeah. – Uh-oh. He’s gonna think I was coming on to him. | – 恩 – 呃 他肯定认为我对他有意思了 |
[00:40] | You’ve got a nice mouth. | 瞧你这樱桃小嘴 |
[00:42] | I’d kill for that ass. | 你臀型超好的 |
[00:44] | Okay, the chair’s not doing it now… | 好了 这椅子现在表现的挺好 |
[00:46] | but lately it’s been giving out as soon as I lean back. | 但是最近我一往后靠它就不摇动了 |
[00:49] | Anyway, I was talking about Poof magazine, | 总之 我刚说的是这本杂志 |
[00:51] | the magazine for magicians. | 魔术师杂志 |
[00:52] | Look, this guy Tony Wonder bakes himself | 这个Tony Wonder把他自己夹到一整条面包里烤 |
[00:54] | into a loaf of bread and pops out of a giant sandwich to… | 最后跳出来一个巨大的三明治 |
[00:57] | feed the troops. | 给一队军人吃 |
[01:00] | I had that idea 10 months ago. | 我十个月前就想到这个主意了 |
[01:01] | – You had that idea? – Well, basically. | – 你想到过这个主意 – 好吧 基本上是这样 |
[01:03] | I was gonna boil myself alive into | 我准备把自己扔到 |
[01:05] | a chowder and then be ladled into a giant cauldron… | 一锅大杂烩里生煮 然后盛到到一个超级大锅里 |
[01:08] | – to entertain and feed the firemen. – That’s pretty close. | – 给消防队员吃 – 听起来是差不多 |
[01:11] | I should be in this Poof! | 我才该上这个杂志[我才应该上那个娘娘腔] |
[01:15] | – Michael Bluth. – He found him. Ice found your father. | – 这里是Michael Bluth – 他找到他了 Ice找到你爸了 |
[01:19] | Michael recently had hired a bounty hunter… | Michael最近雇了一个赏金猎人 |
[01:21] | to track down his fugitive father. | 去找他逃掉的父亲 |
[01:23] | – Wh-Where? – He’s coming over here at 5:00 to tell us. | – 哪 哪儿找到的 – 他五点过来告诉我们过程 |
[01:26] | But he wants to get paid first. | 但他想先拿到赏金 |
[01:27] | Dad goes back to jail, I can be cleared, | 爸重回监狱 我就清白了 |
[01:29] | I can be president again. | 我可以重新当上总裁了 |
[01:30] | And I’m halfway to getting out | 我也正想离开办公室 |
[01:32] | of this office and into a steaming bowl of soup. | 去变成一碗热气腾腾的汤 |
[01:34] | – Everybody wins. – Yeah. | – 多方共赢 – 是的 |
[01:35] | Oscar, close it. You look like the window of a butcher shop. | Oscar 衣服拉好 你看起来像一个卖肉的窗口 |
[01:39] | Thank God I can finally get rid of him. | 谢天谢地我终于能摆脱他了 |
[01:41] | I’ll see you at 5:00, Mom. | 那我五点过去 妈 |
[01:44] | Michael then headed down to the frozen banana stand… | Michael随即去了趟香蕉小站 |
[01:46] | 香蕉小站 店主不在 | |
[01:47] | where his son was supposed to be working. | 他儿子本应该在那儿上班的 |
[01:49] | It just seems like every time | 怎么感觉每次 |
[01:50] | we wanna be together, your father comes along- | 我们想要在一起的时候 你爸都会出现 |
[01:52] | Hey, guys. What’s going on? Why’s the banana stand closed? | 嘿 两位小朋友 在干嘛呢 香蕉小站怎么关门了 |
[01:55] | Oh, Ann came to see me, so I thought I’d take a little break. | 哦 Ann过来看我 所以我想着休息一下也行 |
[01:59] | – Can we talk about this later? – Sure. No problem. | – 我们待会再说这个可以吗 – 当然可以 没问题 |
[02:01] | Just, let’s keep the phone on. Okay, pal? Great. | 那啥 电话记住别关机就行 很好 |
[02:04] | Hey you! | 嘿 你好 |
[02:08] | See, That’s the perfect example of how your father always interrupt… | 看 这就是你爸总是打断我们的完美证明 |
[02:15] | I’m sorry. – | 不好意思 |
[02:18] | – Hello. – Hey, buddy. They found your grandfather. | – 你好 – 嘿 伙计 找到你爷爷了 |
[02:21] | – That’s what I wanted to tell you. – That’s great. | – 刚就是想跟你说这个 – 太好了 |
[02:23] | I didn’t wanna say that when you | 我刚不想当着鸡蛋姐的面 |
[02:24] | – were talking to Egg. – I’m still talking with Ann. | – 跟你说这个 – 我还跟Ann在一起呢 |
[02:26] | Oh, she’s still goin’? Listen, | 哦 她还在啊 听着 |
[02:28] | I’ll talk to you later. I’m very excited. | 我待会再跟你说 我现在非常兴奋 |
[02:30] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[02:34] | I think we should break up. | 我想我们还是分手吧 |
[02:39] | The bounty hunter, meanwhile… | 同时 那个赏金猎人 |
[02:40] | was eager to impress the family attorney. | 正想尽办法给家庭律师留下好印象 |
[02:43] | I cannot believe that you made these. | 简直不敢相信你做了这些 |
[02:45] | Indeed, Ice had always bounty-hunted to support his first love- | 事实上 Ice一直以来干着赏金猎人的活都是为了他的最爱 |
[02:49] | party-planning. | 派对策划 |
[02:51] | And Lindsay was still hoping to score a date with him. | 同时 Lindsay还想着争取与他约会的机会 |
[02:54] | I don’t suppose you’d be | 不知道你有没有兴趣 |
[02:55] | interested in catering an affair with me. | 做我的外遇对象呢 |
[02:58] | Well, when you get a full guest list, let me know. | 你确定好宾客名单后告诉我一声就好了 |
[03:02] | Why can’t I do this anymore? | 我现在调情的功夫怎么这么差了 |
[03:04] | That’s got to bother you, huh, Dad? | 爸 这一定很困扰你吧 |
[03:06] | – I mean, she’s flirting right in front of you. – Hmm? Oh! No. | – 毕竟 她可是当着你的面跟别人调情啊 – 嗯 没有 |
[03:10] | I am surprised, though, that she’s | 我只是觉得惊讶 |
[03:12] | going after somebody so similar to my own type. | 她竟然还在追求跟我如此类似的款型 |
[03:16] | But I suppose we all do expose our inner desires, don’t we? | 我一直希望 我们能坦诚地表达自己内心的渴望 我们有做到吗 |
[03:20] | I think you just did. | 我觉得你刚刚就表现出来了 |
[03:21] | No, I didn’t. | 没 我才没有 |
[03:25] | Is there any way I can divorce them? | 有没有什么办法可以让我离开他们啊 |
[03:27] | Oh, sure. It’s called emancipation. | 哦 有的 监护解约 |
[03:29] | But you’ve got to prove | 但你得证明 |
[03:30] | that you’re living in an unstable environment. | 你生活在一个不安定的环境中 |
[03:32] | Both my parents are trying to have affairs. | 我爸妈都想发展婚外情 |
[03:34] | Of course, they haven’t succeeded yet. | 当然 他们目前都还没成功 |
[03:36] | If they do, I could have you out of this house, | 如果他们成功了 我可以在一个月之内 |
[03:38] | on the street, in a month. | 让你离开这个家 到街上住 |
[03:40] | – Sweet! – Mm-hmm. | – 太好了 – 嗯 |
[03:41] | Soon, Michael arrived, and Ice began his presentation. | 很快 Michael到场了 Ice也开始了他的汇报 |
[03:44] | When word got out that | 在坊间传闻说 |
[03:45] | he was building houses for Saddam Hussein… | 他给萨达姆造过房子的时候 |
[03:47] | he escaped to Mexico where, as you know, | 他逃到了墨西哥 这个你们都知道 |
[03:48] | he was arrested and interred in a local prison. | 他在那儿被逮捕了 还被关到一个当地的监狱里 |
[03:51] | Until he was killed by this guard. | 接着他被这个狱警杀了 |
[03:53] | Body was held for six days within the prison walls when- | 他的尸体在监狱里放了6天 |
[03:56] | – I’m sorry- he killed a guard? – No, the guard killed him. | – 不好意思 是他杀了一个狱警吧 – 不是 是狱警杀了他 |
[04:00] | He’s dead. Buried in Mexico. | 他死了 葬在了墨西哥 |
[04:03] | – Ah! – Uh, h-hold on. How do we know this is true? | – 啊 – 呃 等一下 我们怎么知道这是真的 |
[04:07] | Because I have here his dental records, his death certificate… | 因为我这有他的牙科记录 死亡证明 |
[04:10] | and a political cartoon from a leading Mexican publication. | 以及一个墨西哥权威出版物上的政治漫画 |
[04:15] | Okay, again, I’m a caterer… | 好了 再说一遍 我是一个宴会承办人 |
[04:17] | so if you do have any family events- weddings, wakes- | 如果你们要举办什么家庭活动 比如说婚礼 守灵之类的 |
[04:23] | I’ll leave my card. | 这是我的名片 |
[04:26] | Is it true? | 这是真的吗 |
[04:28] | Is he really gone? | 他真的死了吗 |
[04:31] | – Ow. – Just checking. | – 嗷 – 检查一下而已 |
[04:33] | These are his teeth. He had such perfect teeth. | 这是他的牙齿 他牙齿就是这么健康的 |
[04:36] | – It was that Glisten. – He swore by that Glisten. | – 是因为他用了洁白牙膏 – 他发誓他要用一辈子的洁白牙膏的 |
[04:39] | I can still hear him now: “Who left the cap off my- Glisten?” | 我现在还记得他当时说”谁没盖好我的[哔]洁白牙膏” |
[04:43] | It’s all hitting me now. | 现在我全想起来了 |
[04:45] | This is really happening. | 这次是要来真的了 |
[04:48] | All this awful funeral stuff! | 这些麻烦的葬礼安排 |
[04:52] | The will. We have to get the will. | 遗嘱 我们得找到遗嘱 |
[04:53] | I don’t know if enough time has passed. | 我不知道看遗嘱的时间到了没 |
[04:55] | I don’t know what I’m saying. | 我都不知道我在说什么了 |
[04:57] | Is it in your car, Barry? I’m gonna throw up! | 遗嘱是不是在你车上 Barry 我要吐了 |
[05:00] | Check the car, Barry. I don’t know what I’m saying! | 去车上找找 Barry 我不知道我在说什么 |
[05:02] | The will is not here. | 遗嘱没在这儿 |
[05:03] | The will is at my office, | 遗嘱在我的办公室 |
[05:05] | next to the hot plate with the frayed wires. | 就放在那个电线有点磨损的电磁炉旁边 |
[05:08] | I didn’t, uh- It wasn’t- | 我没 呃 它没 |
[05:09] | In fact, Barry had lost George Sr. ‘s will. | 事实上 Barry把老George的遗嘱给弄丢了 |
[05:12] | How did I get here? Oh, my God, Lucille. He is gone! | 我是怎么到这来的 天哪 Lucille 他死了 |
[05:17] | We have to have a wake. | 我们得守灵 |
[05:18] | Maeby was upset, but saw a chance to fix up her mother. | Maeby很伤心 但是也看到了搞定她妈妈的机会 |
[05:21] | I don’t know, Maybe we could get Ice to cater | 或许我们可以找Ice来筹备守灵的事情 |
[05:23] | it or something- I don’t know what I’m saying! | 守灵或者其它的事情 我也不知道我在说什么 |
[05:25] | – We don’t even have a body. – I will be my father’s body. | – 我们都没有遗体 – 我来做爸的遗体 |
[05:29] | I’ll be the one buried. | 由我来代替爸入土 |
[05:31] | Because he loved magic so very much. | 因为他曾是如此地深爱着魔术 |
[05:33] | I don’t think Gob knows what he’s saying. | 我不觉得Gob知道他自己在说什么 |
[05:35] | I know exactly what I’m saying. | 我当然知道我在说什么 |
[05:38] | I will be buried in my father’s place… | 我将被埋在爸的墓穴里 |
[05:40] | and then, one week later, I will emerge from the grave… | 一周以后 我将从墓穴中重生… |
[05:43] | in one of the greatest illusions ever! | 成就最为伟大的魔术表演 |
[05:46] | This all about getting into Poof? | 这都是为了上 |
[05:48] | I mean, how does that not get me a cover? | 我说 这样的魔术还不足以让我上封面吗 |
[05:51] | Buster! | 是Buster |
[05:52] | We can’t tell him about this! | 我们不能告诉他这件事情 |
[05:53] | I think the boy’s been lied to enough. | 我觉得我们对他撒的谎够多了 |
[05:56] | You weren’t here for the parakeet, Oscar. | 那只小鹦鹉死的时候你没在 Oscar |
[05:58] | As a child, Buster had a beloved parakeet… | Buster小时候有一只非常喜欢的小鹦鹉 |
[06:01] | who, after landing on their housekeeper Rosa’s wig, flew away… | 在管家Rosa出门倒垃圾的时候停在了她的假发上 |
[06:04] | when she took out the trash and into a transformer. – | 飞走了后撞到了高压线上 |
[06:09] | When Buster found out, he destroyed the family’s kitchen… | 当Buster发现了这件事 他彻底摧毁了家里的厨房 |
[06:12] | believing this to be where Rosa lived. | 他以为Rosa就住在那 |
[06:18] | – Whoa. – What are you doing home? | – 哇 – 你回家干吗 |
[06:21] | The army had half a day. | 部队里放了半天假 |
[06:23] | – Are you guys planning a party? – Yes. | – 你们在策划派对吗 – 是的 |
[06:25] | It’s your father’s birthday, | 是你父亲的生日 |
[06:27] | which, coincidentally, is… my birthday. | 也恰巧是我的生日 |
[06:31] | Because you’re twins. | 因为你们是双胞胎 |
[06:34] | Well, I’ve got some shopping to do. | 好了 我得去买些东西了 |
[06:36] | George Michael, meanwhile, had just been broken up with… | 同时 George Michael刚刚被他的第一个女朋友 |
[06:39] | by his first girlfriend… | 给甩了 |
[06:41] | and was on his way home. | 正走在回家的路上 |
[06:48] | – And he went to his father for comfort. – Dad? | – 他去找他的父亲寻求慰藉 – 爸 |
[06:54] | I’ve got some bad news. | 我有个坏消息 |
[06:56] | What? What? Is Ann telling everyone? | 什么 什么 Ann告诉所有人了吗 |
[06:59] | It’s your grandfather. | 是你爷爷 |
[07:01] | – Apparently, he’s dead. – Are you okay? | – 他去世了 – 你还好吗 |
[07:04] | Yeah. Yeah, I think so. | 嗯 还好 |
[07:07] | Uh, I’m sorry. What were you saying about Ann? | 呃 不好意思 你刚说Ann怎么来着 |
[07:09] | George Michael didn’t | George Michael不想 |
[07:10] | want to burden his father with his break-up. | 他的分手再给他父亲增加负担了 |
[07:12] | Nothing. I just- I broke up with her. It’s no big deal. | 没什么 我刚跟她分手了 没什么大不了的 |
[07:16] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的吗 – 嗯 |
[07:18] | – Are you okay? – Me? I’m great. | – 你还好么 – 我 我很好 |
[07:21] | – Yeah? – I’m great. | – 是么 – 我很好 |
[07:23] | Good. Yeah. She wasn’t for us. | 那就好 她也不适合我们 |
[07:25] | No, she’s- she’s a great girl. | 没 她是个很好的女孩 |
[07:27] | – For those other guys. – You think there are other guys? | – 对其他男生来说 – 你是说我还有情敌吗 |
[07:31] | I don’t know what I’m saying. Come here. | 我不知道我在说什么 来抱一个 |
[07:35] | Hey, Brother. | 嘿 大哥 |
[07:37] | – You wanted to see me? – Buster, yeah. | – 你找我 – 是的 Buster |
[07:39] | I need you to help me with this illusion I’m working on. | 我想找你在我这个新魔术里帮点忙 |
[07:41] | Oh, for Dad’s birthday. | 哦 为了爸的生日 |
[07:44] | Yeah. For Dad’s birthday. | 对 为了爸的生日 |
[07:46] | So, look, I’m gonna get in this coffin. | 看着 我进到这个棺材里之后 |
[07:50] | What I’m gonna need you to do is to spin it around… | 需要你把这个棺材转几个圈 |
[07:54] | to show everybody that there’s no trap door. | 给大家展示这个棺材没有暗门 |
[07:58] | Then I’m gonna escape out the trap door. | 然后我会从这个暗门里逃出来 |
[08:01] | – Ooh! – You close the trap door… | – 哦 – 你接着关上这个暗门 |
[08:04] | bring in the pallbearers and bury an empty box. | 把抬棺人带进来 然后埋了这个空箱子 |
[08:07] | So it’s a hoax. | 所以这是个骗局 |
[08:09] | But why are you doing a coffin trick on Dad’s birthday? | 但是你为什么要在爸的生日派对上表演一个棺材魔术呢 |
[08:13] | Black humor. | 这叫黑色幽默 |
[08:15] | Say, “Hey, Dad, look at you. You’re… A year older… | 就好像说 “爸 看看你 又老了一岁 |
[08:21] | and a year closer to death.” | 离死又近了一年” |
[08:24] | Oh, yeah, I guess that’s kinda funny. | 哦 是 我想是有点意思 |
[08:27] | Okay, but you have to do a favor for me. | 好 但你得帮我个忙 |
[08:30] | I’m not really in the army, and I told Mom I was… | 我其实并没有去部队当兵 我跟妈说我去了 |
[08:34] | but I can’t go to a family event without an army uniform. | 这样我就得穿军装参加家庭聚会了 |
[08:36] | Oh, yeah. I used to be a stripper. | 哦 也是 我原来当过脱衣舞男 |
[08:38] | Strippers don’t wear clothes. | 脱衣舞男又不穿衣服的 |
[08:39] | Not at the end of the show. | 要穿了才能脱啊 |
[08:41] | You mean, you can wear stripper clothes when you’re not stripping? | 你是说 不跳脱衣舞的时候也可以穿脱衣舞装吗 |
[08:46] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[08:48] | George Michael went for a walk in the adjoining lot… | George Michael在家附近散了个步 |
[08:51] | to grieve both losses in private… | 为分手和爷爷逝世独自伤心 |
[08:54] | and he made an interesting discovery. | 结果发现了一个有意思的事情 |
[08:59] | – Pop-Pop? – Hide me. | – 爷爷 – 掩护我 |
[09:02] | Don’t turn in Pop-Pop. Help Pop-Pop. | 不要告发爷爷 帮帮爷爷 |
[09:10] | George Michael snuck his | George Michael偷偷地 |
[09:12] | grandfather into the attic and helped him clean up. | 把他爷爷带到了阁楼里帮他弄了弄干净 |
[09:15] | – Wow, they’re perfect. – Years of brushing with Glisten. | – 哇 你牙齿很好 – 都是洁白牙膏的功劳 |
[09:18] | Listen, you can’t tell anybody I’m up here. | 听着 你不能告诉其他人我在这上面 |
[09:21] | – You have to protect me. – Yeah, I know. | – 你得保护我 – 嗯 我知道 |
[09:22] | – I just- I can’t not tell my father. – I’m your grandfather. | – 只是 我没办法瞒着我爸爸 – 我是你爸爸的爸爸 |
[09:25] | – I went through hell to get here. – He had. | – 我历经千辛万苦才回到这儿 – 确实是这样 |
[09:27] | After being arrested, he | 他在被逮捕了之后 |
[09:28] | found a loophole in the Mexican judicial system. | 在墨西哥司法体系中找了个漏洞 |
[09:31] | I have, uh- I have money. | 我有 我有钱 |
[09:34] | The Mexican authorities… | 墨西哥官方 |
[09:36] | even attempted to fake his funeral… | 还尝试办了场假葬礼 |
[09:38] | – although it was a less-than-perfect deception. – | 尽管结果只是个没那么完美的骗局 |
[09:41] | Anyway, I was out on the halfway down to Panama, | 总之 我在去巴拿马的路上 |
[09:44] | and I saw something in the local paper. | 在当地的报纸上看到了个事情 |
[09:46] | What he saw was a story… | 他看到的是 |
[09:48] | about his wife giving mouth-to-mouth to a homeless man. | 他妻子给一个流浪汉做人工呼吸的故事 |
[09:51] | But he knew the truth: She was kissing his brother. | 但他知道真相 她是在亲他的孪生兄弟 |
[09:59] | Well, I understand what that feels like. I was dumped today. | 我大概知道那是什么感觉 我今天被甩了 |
[10:03] | The bad part is that I can’t tell Dad how upset I am about it | 最令人伤心的是 我还不能告诉爸爸 |
[10:05] | because he’ll think I should just be upset about you. | 因为他觉得我应该只为你的事伤心 |
[10:08] | – He wouldn’t be wrong. – What? | – 他是对的 – 什么 |
[10:10] | Seems like we’re going through the same thing. | 看起来我们在经历同样的事情 |
[10:12] | – Why don’t we keep each other’s secrets? – Yeah, okay. | – 不如我们都为对方保密吧 – 好吧 |
[10:18] | Listen, if you pass a mini-mart, Pop-Pop gets a treat? | 听着 你去小店的时候记得给爷爷捎点吃的啊 |
[10:24] | The next morning… | 第二天早上… |
[10:25] | Michael ran into his son doing something suspicious. | Michael撞到他儿子正在干一件可疑的事情 |
[10:28] | Moring | 早上好 |
[10:28] | – Hi. – Where are you goin’ with that food? | – 好 – 你端着这些吃的去哪 |
[10:30] | I was just gonna eat some | 我正准备 |
[10:32] | of my grandfather’s favorite foods in my room. | 去我房间吃一点爷爷最喜欢吃的东西 |
[10:35] | It’s the form that my grief is taking. | 这是我今天排遣哀思的方式 |
[10:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:43] | I think George Michael’s hiding Ann in the attic. | 我觉得George Michael把Ann藏在阁楼里了 |
[10:46] | From who, the Nazis? | 为了躲谁 纳粹吗 |
[10:47] | No, his girlfriend, from me. | 不是 他的女朋友 当然是躲着我了 |
[10:50] | I just caught him sneaking up to her in the attic… | 我刚逮着他偷偷地溜到阁楼上去 |
[10:52] | and he clearly did so because he thinks I don’t approve. | 他这么做显然是因为我不赞同他们在一起 |
[10:55] | I think I’m gonna invite her to the wake. | 我要邀请她来守灵 |
[10:59] | Why make him hide? Why do to him what- – | 他为什么要藏着掖着 难道是我对他做了 |
[11:03] | Why do to him what Dad used to do to me? | 为什么我要像爸爸当初对待我那样对待他呢 |
[11:06] | He was so amazing. | 他是个多好的父亲 |
[11:08] | That was actually an example of how not so amazing he was. | 很不巧刚刚是举例证明他不是一个那么好的父亲 |
[11:12] | You’re really going through something here, huh? | 你还真对他的死这么感伤么 |
[11:14] | I know! | 我知道 |
[11:16] | You know, it’s funny- all those years when I pretended to cry… | 你说还挺有意思的 这么多年来当我假装要哭的时候 |
[11:19] | I used to use Dad’s death to get me going. | 我只有想着爸的死才能哭出来 |
[11:21] | I tried it with Mom’s, | 我用妈的死试过 |
[11:22] | but I’d just end up smiling and ruining it. | 结果每次都笑了出来 |
[11:25] | But it feels, like, real. You know? | 但这次感觉是真的 你知道吗 |
[11:27] | And you haven’t really | 你还没有真正地 |
[11:28] | allowed yourself to grieve much at all, Michael. | 让你自己为爸的死伤心难过 Michael |
[11:31] | My relationship with Dad was | 我与爸爸的关系 |
[11:32] | much more- much more complicated than yours. | 要比你们的来得复杂得多 |
[11:35] | It was predicated a lot on secrets and lies. | 我们的关系建立在大量的谎言和秘密上 |
[11:37] | There wasn’t a lot of trust there, you know. | 我们之间没多少信任 |
[11:40] | Here he comes. | 这就是他 |
[11:42] | Here comes John Wayne. | 这就是John Wayne |
[11:45] | I’m not gonna cry about my pa. | 我不会为我父亲哭泣 |
[11:48] | I’m gonna build an airport, put my name on it. | 我要建一座以我命名的机场 |
[11:51] | Why, Michael? So you can fly away from your feelings? | 为什么 Michael 这样你就可以把你的真实感受藏起来了吗 |
[11:56] | You can keep ’em bottled up, but they will come out, Michael. | 你可以一直这样封锁感情 但它们总有一天会汹涌而出的 Michael |
[11:59] | Sometimes in the most unexpected- | 有时就在你最意想不到的 |
[12:03] | Hey, where are the- my hard-boiled eggs? | 嘿 我[哔]煮熟的鸡蛋去哪了 |
[12:15] | Meanwhile, Gob was preparing | 同时 Gob在准备 |
[12:16] | for the illusion of being buried alive. | 他活埋的魔术 |
[12:20] | Boy, you sure got this hole dug out quick. | 伙计 你们挖这洞的速度还挺快 |
[12:22] | In fact, the laborer had | 事实上 工人们 |
[12:23] | been hired by George Sr. Three days earlier… | 在三天以前就受雇于老George |
[12:26] | for the same hole. | 来挖这同一个洞 |
[12:29] | And Buster searched for the perfect card. | Buster在苦苦挑选最完美的生日贺卡 |
[12:32] | “Someone wanted to send you a birthday greeting. See you soon!” | “有人想要致以你生日的祝福 再见” |
[12:36] | Oh! That is wicked. | 哦 这个很搞怪 |
[12:41] | And soon, the wake that Ice had catered began. | 很快 Ice筹备的守灵就开始了 |
[12:44] | What are you doing? Is this | 你在干嘛 这是 |
[12:46] | – what you’re wearing? – My father’s dead, Maeby. | – 你要穿的衣服吗 – 我父亲死了 Maeby |
[12:49] | Yeah, but you’re not, and Ice is right there. | 是 但是你没死 而且Ice就在那儿 |
[12:52] | Maeby knew that if she could get her mother to have an affair… | Maeby知道如果她能让她妈陷入一段婚外情 |
[12:55] | she could emancipate. | 她就解放了 |
[12:56] | All Pop-Pop ever wanted | 爷爷一直都想 |
[12:59] | was to see you with another man besides Daddy. | 让你跟除了爸爸之外的另一个男人在一起 |
[13:01] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[13:03] | You know what? | 这样 |
[13:04] | I’m gonna throw on a skirt, | 我去换一条裙子 |
[13:06] | take off my underwear and make your Pop-Pop proud. | 把我内衣脱下来 让你爷爷为我骄傲 |
[13:09] | Let me ask Barry. That might be enough right there. | 我去问问Barry 这可能已经够我解放了 |
[13:14] | Is Oscar wearing my suit? | Oscar穿的是我的衣服吗 |
[13:17] | Hey- | 嘿 |
[13:17] | You tell my brother you don’t wear a dead man’s pants. | 你去告诉我兄弟 不要穿死人的裤子 |
[13:21] | Shame on him. And you say that to him. You say, “Shame on you.” | 不要脸 你去跟他说”你个不要脸的” |
[13:25] | – Okay. – Say it to me like you’re gonna say it to him. | – 好吧 – 跟我说一遍练习一下 |
[13:29] | I’m probably not gonna say it to him. | 我应该不会去跟他说 |
[13:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:33] | Look at her down there. Does she look sad to you? | 看看她 你觉得她看起来伤心吗 |
[13:35] | – Oh, my God. That’s Ann. – Who? | – 天哪 Ann来了 – 谁 |
[13:37] | It’s the girl who ripped my heart out… | 就是这个女孩伤透了我的心 |
[13:39] | the girl whose face will always be etched in my mind. | 就是那个让我魂牵梦萦的女孩 |
[13:43] | Her? | 她吗 |
[13:47] | She’s really funny. | 她很有意思的 |
[13:49] | Well, let’s hope so. | 好吧 但愿如此 |
[13:52] | Don’t forget the chicken wings! | 别忘了鸡翅膀 |
[13:54] | Hey! Ann! You’re here. That’s great. | 嘿 Ann 你来了 太好了 |
[13:56] | I wasn’t sure whether you got my message. | 我都不确定你是不是收我的信息了 |
[13:58] | It wasn’t a message. | 你不是给我发的信息 |
[13:59] | – We talked. – Uh, Ann? | – 你是亲自来告诉我的 – 呃 Ann |
[14:03] | Did Dad invite you? | 是我爸邀请的你吗 |
[14:05] | I figured life’s too short. | 我觉着吧 人生苦短 |
[14:07] | You two care for each other. Why throw that away? Huh? | 你俩都在意对方 为什么要放弃呢 哈 |
[14:10] | Huh? Okay. | 哈 好吧 |
[14:15] | – Do you think we really do? – A father can tell. Okay? | – 你真的这么认为吗 – 老爸都懂 好吗 |
[14:18] | It’s as Ann as the nose on Plain’s face. | 虽然Ann长得一般 鼻子也不太好看 |
[14:21] | And Buster arrived… | 接着Buster到了 |
[14:22] | dressed in the military outfit Gob had procured for him. | 穿着Gob给他的军装 |
[14:26] | – What the hell are you wearing? – It’s all regulation, Michael. | – 你穿的什么东西 – 规定这么穿的 Michael |
[14:29] | To get the top right, the pants had to be a little snug. | 要想上衣合身 裤子就得紧一点 |
[14:32] | Is there a birthday gift pile? Hmm? | 有放生日礼物的地方吗 |
[14:36] | A birthday gift pile? | 放生日礼物的地方 |
[14:37] | Michael recalled what | Michael想起来 |
[14:38] | Buster did to what he thought was Rose’s car… | Buster如何用他以为的Rosa最喜欢的玩具 |
[14:41] | with what he thought was Rose’s favorite toy. | 攻击了他以为的Rosa的车 |
[14:45] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[14:47] | – Yours is the first. – And the most wicked. | – 你是第一个 – 也是最顽皮的哦 |
[14:51] | Get him out of here. We can’t let him know it’s a wake. | 把他弄走 不能让他知道这是在守灵 |
[14:54] | Buster Buster! | |
[14:56] | Let’s go get that coffin ready to be buried. – | 我们准备被埋的棺材去 |
[15:01] | And so the family gathered to remember George Sr. | 然后一家人聚在一起缅怀老George |
[15:05] | If anyone would like to say anything about Dad… | 如果有人想说点父亲的事情 |
[15:09] | now’s the time. | 请 |
[15:12] | – Anyone. – Anyone? | – 有人吗 – 没人吗 |
[15:16] | Perhaps my son George Michael would like to say something. | 或许我的儿子 George Michael想说点什么 |
[15:19] | Huh? Wanna share your feelings? Eh? | 嗯 想跟大家分享下你的感觉吗 呃 |
[15:22] | – It’s okay to cry, pal. It’s okay. – Yeah? | – 哭出来吧 伙计 没关系的 – 是吗 |
[15:26] | Wow. He’s really gone. | 哇 他真就这么死了 |
[15:30] | But I think that if he was here right now… | 我想如果他现在在这儿的话 |
[15:35] | I would probably tell him that it all worked out… | 我想要跟他说 什么都好起来了 |
[15:39] | and that, um… | 还有 嗯… |
[15:42] | I’ll be bringing you some salmon rolls right away… | 我马上给你送一点三文鱼卷过去 |
[15:46] | in… heaven. | 送到天堂 |
[15:48] | How many times I gotta tell this kid chicken wings? | 我是要跟这小屁孩说多少遍我要鸡翅膀 |
[15:51] | Lindsay got up to speak in an outfit her daughter had chosen. | Lindsay穿着她女儿给她挑的衣服站出来发言 |
[15:54] | My father meant the world to me. | 我父亲对我而言意味着一切 |
[15:57] | Wipe, Mom. Give it a wipe. | 擦一下 妈 擦一下鼻子 |
[16:01] | That’s a home run. | 说得好 |
[16:02] | And finally, Michael got up to speak. | 最后 Michael站起来发言 |
[16:05] | I had a very complicated relationship with my father. | 我与我父亲的关系非常复杂 |
[16:10] | Ice, can we- can we just cool it on the smoothies for right now? | Ice 能不能暂时停做一下冰沙 |
[16:14] | There are smoothies? | 有冰沙吃吗 |
[16:16] | I could never trust my father. | 我从不信任我父亲 |
[16:18] | But I always want my son to be able to trust me… | 但我一直想要我儿子信任我 |
[16:21] | so from now on… | 所以从今开始 |
[16:25] | we’re always gonna be honest with each other. | 我们将一直对彼此坦诚 |
[16:28] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[16:30] | ‘Cause there’s nobody I love more than you in this whole world. | 因为在这个世界上 我最爱的是你 |
[16:38] | Michael, listen, can we move the eulogy outside… | Michael 我们能不能出去说颂词 |
[16:40] | so I can time being lowered | 我好在你结束的时候 |
[16:42] | into Dad’s grave with your big finish? | 开始活埋魔术表演 |
[16:45] | – I’m done. – Wow. That was your eulogy? | – 我说完了 – 哇 刚是你的颂词 |
[16:48] | Glad Dad wasn’t around to see that. | 幸亏爸没看到 |
[16:51] | – That was great. – Well, I meant it. | – 刚说得很好 – 嗯 我真这么想的 |
[16:53] | So no more secret trips up to the attic. Right? | 所以 不要再有阁楼秘密了好吗 |
[16:57] | George Michael didn’t want to betray his grandfather… | George Michael不想背叛他的爷爷 |
[17:00] | but it appeared his father already knew the truth. | 但是看来他父亲已经知道了真相 |
[17:03] | – I have Pop-Pop in the attic. – What? | – 我把爷爷藏在了阁楼 – 什么 |
[17:05] | The mere fact that you call | 就凭你刚刚把爷爷作为 |
[17:07] | making love “Pop-pop” tells me you’re not ready. | “做爱”的代指说明你还没准备好 |
[17:09] | Hey! Before we lose the sun! | 嘿 趁天还没黑 |
[17:11] | Come on. | 快点 |
[17:15] | The speeches we heard today are nothing more than words. | 我们今天听到的颂词不过是言语 |
[17:18] | But I will prove that I love my father more than anybody. | 我今天将要证明我比任何人都更爱我父亲 |
[17:27] | Buster Buster! | |
[17:36] | Stop it! | 别闹 |
[17:42] | As you can see, this is a normal coffin. | 各位请看 这是个普通的棺材 |
[17:49] | Take me halfway around. | 把我转过去 |
[17:57] | I will become my dead father’s body… | 我将作为我死去的父亲的遗体 |
[17:59] | as I am lowered into his grave. | 埋葬在这座墓穴之中 |
[18:02] | – All right. Spin it back around. – Dead father? | – 好了 转回去 – 死去的父亲 |
[18:04] | Is he de- Dad’s dead? | 他 爸爸死了吗 |
[18:06] | Just keep it together, Buster, and spin this back around. | 集中注意力 Buster 转回去 |
[18:09] | Oh, my God! The card! The card! | 天哪 贺卡 贺卡 |
[18:15] | Something’s gone wrong. | 总觉得有什么事情不对劲… |
[18:19] | How about that? | 很厉害吧 |
[18:25] | Michael noticed something in the dirt. | Michael在泥里发现了一个东西 |
[18:28] | Glisten. | 洁白牙膏 |
[18:30] | And suddenly he realized what his | 突然 他明白了 |
[18:31] | son meant when he said he had Pop-Pop in the attic. | 他儿子说的爷爷在阁楼里这件事情 |
[18:35] | Dad? Dad. | 爸 爸 |
[18:40] | How you doin’, Michael? | 近来如何啊 Michael |
[18:42] | Uh, hey, but your father’s alive, Michael. He’s alive. | 嘿 你父亲没死 Michael 我还活着 |
[18:47] | – How could you do this to us? – I had no choice. | – 你怎么能够对我们做出这种事情 – 我别无选择 |
[18:50] | My brother is with Lucille. She’s destroying the family. | 我兄弟跟Lucille在一起 她正在摧毁这个家庭 |
[18:53] | You put the entire business in peril, | 你置整个公司于险境 |
[18:54] | you escape from prison, then make us think you’ve died? | 你从监狱里逃出来 还让我们以为你死了 |
[18:57] | L-l-I’m an innocent man, Michael. I’m a patsy. | 我 我是无辜的 Michael 我是个懦夫 |
[19:01] | L- I signed some documents- I thought they were gonna kill me. | 我签了些文件 我以为他们会杀了我 |
[19:04] | Don’t turn me in. Okay? Can you help me out? | 不要告发我好吗 你能帮我摆脱困境吗 |
[19:07] | And for a moment Michael was conflicted. | 有那么一瞬间 Michael觉得很矛盾 |
[19:10] | Well, I’m not gonna let you | 我不会让你 |
[19:11] | stay here and make my son an accomplice. Okay? | 留在这儿 让我儿子成为你的共犯 |
[19:13] | I’m sorry. I’m not gonna let you spread your guilt to him. | 不好意思 我不能让你的罪名牵扯到他 |
[19:16] | Ice, my mother has something to tell you. | Ice 我妈有些话想跟你说 |
[19:20] | I find you very attractive. | 我觉得你非常有魅力 |
[19:22] | She cleans up nice too. Trust me. | 她收拾好了也很有魅力的 相信我 |
[19:24] | Uh, I think I’m finally off the clock. | 呃 我想我终于下班了 |
[19:28] | I’m out of here, right? | 我自由了 是吗 |
[19:30] | Hi. Dad’s alive. He’s hiding in the attic. | 嘿 爸还活着 他就藏在阁楼里 |
[19:34] | – He’s upstairs? – Oh, my God! | – 他在楼上吗 – 天哪 |
[19:36] | Dad? | 爸 |
[19:44] | He’s gone. | 他跑了 |
[19:46] | Stack the chafing dishes outside by the mailbox. I’m on the job. | 把盘子堆到外面邮箱旁边 我开始工作了 |
[19:51] | I can’t seem to give this away. | 我居然又弄砸了 |
[19:53] | I can’t believe it! And I just found the will! | 真是 我才找到遗嘱啊 |
[19:56] | Can someone explain to me what’s going on? | 有谁能给我解释下怎么回事吗 |
[20:06] | Thanks, Mikey. | 谢谢 Mikey |
[20:07] | Yeah. Well, now it’s our secret. | 好了 现在是我们的秘密了 |
[20:12] | And Michael met up with his son, their roles now reversed. | 现在Michael跟他儿子之间的角色对调了 |
[20:15] | I’m sorry. From now on we’ll just tell the truth to each other. | 对不起 从今开始 我们要对彼此坦诚相待 |
[20:20] | – We’re gonna try. – Yeah. | – 我们试试看 – 好 |
[20:22] | So, wait, obviously Ann wasn’t in the attic. | 等等 Ann显然是没在阁楼里 |
[20:25] | – So you actually did break up with her? – She broke up with me. | – 所以你真的跟她分手了 – 是她跟我分手了 |
[20:29] | The great thing is, she was so moved | 最棒的是 她被 |
[20:31] | by what you said tonight that we’re back together. | 你今晚所说的话深深打动了 我们现在又在一起了 |
[20:33] | – Ah! – Yeah! | – 啊 – 耶 |
[20:35] | Oh, is that great. | 哦 太棒了 |
[20:37] | Well, we’re family, and we stick together, huh? | 我们是一家人 我们永远在一起 |
[20:41] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[20:44] | Okay, let’s go dig up your uncle. | 好 我们现在去挖你伯伯 |
[20:49] | On the next Arrested Development… | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[20:51] | Buster finds out about the death of Captain Kangaroo. | Buster发现了袋鼠船长的死讯 |
[20:56] | Michael grows weary of caring for his father. | Michael对照顾他父亲日渐厌烦 |
[20:59] | No, Pop-Pop does not get a treat. I just brought you a- pizza. | 别想要什么别的吃的了 我[哔]刚给你买了个披萨 |
[21:05] | And Gob finally makes the cover of Poof magazine. | Gob也终于上了 |