时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything… | 这是关于一个原本富有的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice… | 其中的一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家的故事 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 欢迎收看<发展受阻> |
[00:19] | Michael Bluth was at home working on a plan to save the company. | Michael Bluth正呆在家里计划如何带领家庭走出困境 |
[00:22] | How’s this for a business model? | 你觉得这样一个业务计划怎么样 |
[00:24] | We make the company look like it’s in the black… | 我们开始建造二期工程 |
[00:26] | by starting construction on the phase two development. | 给人们一种”我们还在盈利”的印象 |
[00:28] | I know what you’re thinking, we’re not in the black. | 我知道你怎么想 我们并没有在盈利 |
[00:30] | How’re we gonna build 30 houses without any money? | 我们怎么在没有任何资金的情况下建30个房子呢 |
[00:32] | We don’t. We build one- | 答案是 我们不建那么多 我们就建一个 |
[00:33] | then we have a huge ribbon-cutting ceremony | 然后我们办一个宏大的剪彩仪式 |
[00:36] | while raising funds for the others. | 来吸引投资者的资金 |
[00:38] | Michael’s father always unveiled his construction projects… | Michael爸爸的每一个建筑工程落成之后 |
[00:41] | with a highly publicized ribbon-cutting ceremony. | 都会有一个大型剪彩仪式 |
[00:44] | He even did so for the prison he built… | 他甚至给他建成的监狱举行剪彩 |
[00:46] | and, somewhat ironically, would later occupy. | 有点讽刺的是后来他自己住进去了 |
[00:49] | The only difference is | 唯一不同的是 |
[00:50] | this time I get to cut the ribbon. What do you think? | 这次换我来剪彩 你觉得如何 |
[00:53] | There’s a cream with real diamonds in it. | 我发现一种含有钻石的面霜 |
[00:55] | I can actually smear diamonds on my face, | 也就是说我可以把钻石涂在脸上 |
[00:57] | and it’s only $400 a tub. | 一桶只要400刀 |
[01:00] | That’s like, what, like a million diamonds for $400? | 你觉得怎么样 价值百万的钻石只要400刀 |
[01:02] | – Mm. – A million diamonds. | – 咋样 – 一百万颗钻 |
[01:05] | – Okay. – Is she on you about that diamond cream? | – 好的 – 她刚刚在跟你说钻石面霜的事情么 |
[01:09] | My husband’s jealous because | 我老公嫉妒是因为 |
[01:10] | since we decided to have an open marriage… | 自从我们决定尝试开放型婚姻后… |
[01:12] | I’ve been doing a little better than he has. | 我的桃花运一直比他的好一点 |
[01:14] | It is not a competition, Lindsay. | 这并不是个比赛 Lindsay |
[01:16] | We are doing this to save our marriage. | 我们这样做是为了拯救我们的婚姻 |
[01:18] | But I should be telling you | 但是我应该告诉你 |
[01:19] | that I have been meeting my fair share of groupies. | 我可是有组织的人了 |
[01:22] | Or should I say “Bluepies”? | 或者叫”蓝友兄弟会” |
[01:25] | Tobias had recently auditioned as an understudy… | Tobias 最近去面试了蓝人兄弟会 |
[01:27] | for the silent performance art trio, the Blue Man Group. | 无声表演三重奏的替补演员 |
[01:30] | And this is “Kids” From Bye, Bye, Birdie. | 这就是<再见小鸟>中的<孩子们> |
[01:36] | He had yet to hear back from them. | 他现在还在等待他们的回复 |
[01:38] | You guys really think you have the guts to go through with this? | 你们真的认为自己有那个胆量 |
[01:40] | Seeing other people? | 去约会别的人么 |
[01:42] | In fact, neither Lindsay nor Tobias | 实际上 Lindsay和Tobias |
[01:44] | did have the guts to go through with it. | 都没有胆子去做这件事情 |
[01:46] | – I already have. – I have too. | – 我已经这么做了 – 我也是 |
[01:48] | Can I buy you a drink? | 我能请你喝一杯吗 |
[01:50] | – No. – Lindsay, because she’d lost her self-confidence. | – 不行 – Lindsay 她已经失去了自信心 |
[01:53] | I’d like to buy you a drink. Where’s she going? | 但是我很愿意请你喝一杯 她要去哪 |
[01:56] | And Tobias, because he was busy keeping an eye on Lindsay. | 至于Tobias 他忙于盯着Lindsay |
[02:00] | Who are you gonna bring to this ribbon-cutting dance? | 剪彩舞会你准备带谁去 |
[02:03] | It’s not a dance, and you don’t need a date. | 不是舞会 你也不需要找人约会 |
[02:05] | Although, George Michael… | 尽管如此 George Michael |
[02:07] | I’d love for you to come | 我希望你能来 |
[02:08] | with me when I cut the ribbon at the new house. | 跟我一起进行新房子的剪彩仪式 |
[02:10] | Oh, wow. Hey, can I bring Ann? | 哦 哇哦 那我能不能带上Ann |
[02:13] | Who? | 谁 |
[02:14] | Ann. You know, she’s- she’s the girl I’m kinda hanging out with. | Ann 你认识的 我最近跟她比较来电 |
[02:17] | – I haven’t met Ann. – Yes, you have. | – 我从来没见过Ann – 你见过的 |
[02:19] | – Michael had met Ann. – You let her in. | – Michael 确实见过Ann – 是你给她开的门 |
[02:23] | See, that’s her right over there. | 你看 她就坐在那边 |
[02:27] | – Oh, Ann. Yes, yes, yes, yes. – Yeah. | – 哦 Ann 对对对 – 是的 |
[02:28] | I know Ann. Hey, you! | 我认识Ann 你好啊 |
[02:31] | She’s got a little hard-boiled egg going there. | 她在那边吃煮过了头的鸡蛋 |
[02:33] | Oh, it’s so cute. | 哦 太萌了 |
[02:33] | She sometimes takes a little pack of mayonnaise… | 她有时候会带一小包蛋黄酱 |
[02:35] | and she’ll squirt it in her mouth, and then she’ll take an egg… | 她会先把蛋黄酱挤进嘴里再把鸡蛋整个吃进去 |
[02:38] | and kind of- mmm. | 整的满嘴都是 |
[02:40] | She calls it a mayonn-egg. | 她管那个叫黄酱蛋 |
[02:43] | – Are you okay? – I don’t feel so good. | – 你还好吗 – 我觉得不咋的 |
[02:45] | You know, I kind of wanna buy her a diamond. | 你懂的 我有点想给她买个钻石 |
[02:49] | – Her? – Ann. | – 她 – Ann |
[02:51] | I know I can’t afford it, but | 我知道我买不起 但是 |
[02:52] | Aunt Lindsay was telling me about this diamond cream. | Lindsay姑妈跟我说一种钻石面霜 |
[02:54] | George Michael, um, I’m sure that Egg | George Michael 嗯 我相信Egg |
[02:56] | is a very nice person. I just don’t want you spending- | 是个好女孩儿 我只是不想让你花掉… |
[02:59] | – It’s Ann. Her na- – all your | – 她叫Ann 她的名字 – 所有的钱 |
[03:00] | money getting her all glittered up for Easter. | 只是为了让她在复活节闪亮起来 |
[03:01] | You know? More importantly, I want us to do this together. | 你知道么 最重要的是 我希望我们一起来完成这件事 |
[03:04] | Kinda like a father-son sort of thing, you know? | 类似于那种子承父业的感觉 懂吗 |
[03:07] | And since Pop-Pop is no longer president, we get to do it. | 自从爷爷不再是总裁了 我们就必须这么做 |
[03:10] | I thought Gob was president. | 现在的总裁不是Gob吗 |
[03:12] | Yeah, and I don’t have any problem with that. | 是的 而且我对此没有任何怨言 |
[03:14] | In fact, since Michael’s father escaped from prison… | 事实上自从Michael的老爸越狱成功后 |
[03:17] | his brother Gob had been made president, albeit in name only. | 他的哥哥Gob就成总裁了 尽管只是名义上的 |
[03:21] | Which is why Michael was | 这也是Michael |
[03:22] | surprised when he got to work the next day. | 第二天去上班时感到惊奇的原因 |
[03:24] | You’re still in my office. | 你还赖在我办公室里不走 |
[03:26] | Gosh, Michael, I am kind of the president. | 老天Michael 我才是总裁 |
[03:28] | And I have no problem with that. | 我没说你不是 |
[03:29] | But it is just a title, remember? | 但是这也只是个头衔而已 记得么 |
[03:30] | Just doing this to appease the stockholders, | 老爸的罪行正在被彻查 我们这么做 |
[03:32] | while they scrutinize me for Dad’s crimes. | 只是一种安抚股东的权宜之计 |
[03:34] | Hey, Dad may have illegally | 嘿 老爸可能非法的 |
[03:36] | built some homes in Iraq, which is kinda not cool. | 在伊拉克建了一些楼 这影响可能不怎么好 |
[03:38] | I know, but that’s why I’ve got a business model… | 我知道 这也是为什么我想出了一个业务计划… |
[03:40] | that I think is going to restore the image of our company. | 我觉得有可能有助于重建我们公司的形象 |
[03:43] | We’re going to build a second model home. | 我们打算建一个二期工程的样板楼 |
[03:45] | That’s great. Can I announce it to the board? | 棒极了 我能不能在董事会上宣布 |
[03:47] | Gee, it is my business model. | 天 这是我的业务计划 |
[03:49] | If you had a business model, then by all means, | 如果你有一个业务计划 那你自己就 |
[03:51] | go in there and do your little dance. | 想怎么着怎么着 |
[03:52] | Tell you what we’re gonna do. Rock, paper, scissors for it. | 听我的 我们猜拳决胜负 |
[03:54] | – No, no, I’m not interested in doing- – One, two, three. | – 不要 我没心思搞这个 – 1 2 3 |
[03:57] | – Paper covers rock. – It is a rock though. | – 布包住石头 – 但石头可是能 |
[03:59] | It should beat everything. | 击碎所有东西的 |
[04:00] | There’s not a lot of logic to it. | 这游戏的逻辑性可没那么严谨 |
[04:02] | It’s like on a boat with “Women and children first.” | 就跟一条救生船”让妇女和孩子先上”的理论一样不严谨 |
[04:04] | Why should they-which, before I forget, | 为啥他们 在我忘记前跟你说件事 |
[04:07] | I’m buying a company boat. | 我买了一条公司船 |
[04:09] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[04:10] | That morning, Gob had gone to a boat show, | 那天早上 Gob去了一个船展 |
[04:12] | where he saw something he wanted. | 他看到了一件梦寐以求的东西 |
[04:16] | – Hello. – Hi. | – 你好 – 好 |
[04:17] | – What a beauty. – Thank you. | – 真是漂亮 – 谢谢 |
[04:19] | – I meant you. – Well. | – 我是说你 – 好吧 |
[04:21] | Gob flirted with her for a while, | Gob跟她调了一会儿情 |
[04:23] | and finally asked for her number. | 最后问她要电话号码 |
[04:24] | – Let’s get some digits. – I’m sorry. | – 给我点数字 – 抱歉 |
[04:26] | I don’t give it out without a firm offer. | 在没有确定报价之前我不能提供给您 |
[04:29] | Oh, I’ll make you a firm offer. | 哦 我会给你一份确认合约 |
[04:31] | Unfortunately, she wasn’t flirting. | 很不幸 她并不是在调情 |
[04:33] | And here again, please. | 还有请签这里 |
[04:37] | – The Seaward. – You’re not getting a boat. | – 海神号 – 你不能就这样买下一艘船 |
[04:41] | – One, two, three. – No, not gonna do it. | – 1 2 3 – 我不会跟你猜拳的 |
[04:43] | – Paper covers rock. – Fine. But rock sinks boat. | – 布包住石 – 好吧 但是石头会把船砸沉 |
[04:46] | – Michael? – Mom, I’m right in the middle of something. | – Michael – 妈 我这会儿正在忙 |
[04:49] | – Get rid of the Seaward. – I’ll leave when I’m good and ready. | – 扔了那艘破船 – 你不理我我就不走了 |
[04:54] | It’s about your Uncle Oscar. I want him to move in with you. | 这事儿跟你叔Oscar有关 我想让他搬去跟你住 |
[04:57] | You’re not kicking him out already, are you? | 你用不着这么快就把他扫地出门吧 |
[05:00] | Michael’s uncle had recently moved into Lucille’s apartment… | Michael的叔叔最近搬进Lucille的公寓 |
[05:03] | where they quickly rekindled a long-dormant romance. | 然后他们很快重燃了休眠已久的罗曼史 |
[05:06] | – It was a secret she hoped to keep- – Oscar, we’ll be heard. | – 她希望保住这个秘密 – Oscar 会被人听到的 |
[05:10] | – and he didn’t. – That’s what makes it so hot. | – 他还没 – 这样才刺激 |
[05:12] | Mother? | 老妈 |
[05:14] | Mother! | 老妈 |
[05:17] | – I heard zoo noises. – It’s nothing. Go back to bed. | – 我听到有动物的吵闹声 – 没什么 回去睡你的觉去 |
[05:21] | So, everybody’s still up, huh? | 大家都还没睡呢啊 哈 |
[05:28] | It’s not fair to Buster. He’s a nervous wreck right now. | 这对Buster不公平 他现在神经很脆弱 |
[05:31] | He’s going into the army, for God’s sake. | 他要去参军了 我的老天 |
[05:35] | You volunteered him. | 是你给他报的名吧 |
[05:37] | I knew you were going to throw that in my face. | 我就知道你会提起这茬 |
[05:40] | Don’t worry about it, okay? They’re never gonna take him anyway. | 别担心这件事好么 陆军不会要他的 |
[05:42] | At that moment, Buster was | 就在此时 Buster在 |
[05:44] | taking his physical at the recruitment center. | 征兵中心体检 |
[05:46] | I don’t have a hole in my heart. | 我的心脏上没有洞 |
[05:47] | I’ve never opened my eyes underwater. | 我从来没在水下睁开过双眼 |
[05:49] | My- Reproductive organ… | 我小鸡鸡的形状 |
[05:50] | is shaped like- a lobster tail… | 跟龙虾的尾巴一样 |
[05:53] | but without its shell, hmm? | 只是没有龙虾壳 |
[05:56] | Oh, I guess I have the panic attacks under control. | 哦 我想我在高压控制之下比较容易产生恐慌 |
[05:58] | Oh, and I’m legally blind at night. | 对 我还有夜盲症 |
[06:01] | But Buster had miscalculated | 但是Buster错误地估计了 |
[06:02] | the army’s current need for personnel. | 陆军的招兵条件 |
[06:05] | Okay, then, let’s get you fitted for a uniform. | 好了 现在呢 我们给你量量尺寸 做一身合体的军装 |
[06:07] | What? What? | 什么 什么 |
[06:09] | Hey, why don’t you volunteer Oscar? | 嘿 你为什么不给Oscar报名 |
[06:11] | That would solve both of your problems. | 这样你的两个问题就都解决了 |
[06:13] | He’d never cut his hair. | 他可不会剪了自己的头发 |
[06:15] | That hair. | 那头发 |
[06:16] | Listen, Oscar’s your problem. | 听着 Oscar是你的问题 |
[06:17] | I’m taking care of everything else in this family… | 我现在照看着咱们家的方方面面 |
[06:19] | including starting construction on a second model home. | 包括开始承建一间二期工程的样板房 |
[06:23] | We’re having a ribbon-cutting ceremony. | 我们会举行一个剪彩仪式 |
[06:25] | We can’t have a ribbon-cutting | 没你爸爸 |
[06:27] | without your father, and he’s God knows where. | 可不能举行剪彩 天知道他在哪 |
[06:29] | George Sr. Was in Mexico… | George先生 在墨西哥 |
[06:31] | – with his escape accomplice and ex-secretary, Kitty. – I keep eating so many eggs. | – 和同谋兼前秘书 Kitty一起 – 我吃了好多鸡蛋 |
[06:35] | It must be my unconscious desire to have a baby. | 肯定是我潜意识里想要个孩子 |
[06:38] | Oh, my God. Can you even imagine | 哦 老天 你能想象吗 |
[06:40] | how cute the combination of the two of us would be? | 咱们两个的结晶会有多可爱 |
[06:44] | I mean, we’re all out of “Prophylacticos” Anyway. | 反正我们现在已经没有避孕产品了 |
[06:48] | Somebody used the last two | 某人用剩下的两个TT |
[06:49] | on his feet to walk across the bathroom floor. | 套在脚上走出浴室 |
[06:52] | But he was growing tired of their confined intimacy. | 但是他已经开始厌倦了 对于这种受到限制的亲密行为 |
[06:55] | – I’ve made a huge mistake. – Hey, it’s me. | – 我犯了个大错 – 嗨 是我 |
[06:58] | – Dad? – Yeah. Listen, I gotta make this quick. | – 老爸 – 是 听着 我得快点说完 |
[07:00] | You’re the only one who can save the family, | 只有你才能拯救这个家庭 |
[07:02] | but you gotta keep the company strong… | 但是你必须让公司更赚钱 |
[07:04] | because I’m gonna need some of that money later. | 因为我以后可能需要用些钱 |
[07:06] | I will, Dad. It’s funny, after all these years of… | 我会的 老爸 真是的 这么多年来 |
[07:09] | – you making fun of me for the magic shows and- – Gob! | – 你一直取笑我的魔术表演 现在却… – Gob |
[07:12] | Oh, for God’s- I called to talk to Michael, you horse’s- | 哦 老天 我是在给Michael打电话 你这个… |
[07:17] | – Gob was hurt. – Bye, Pop. | – Gob很受伤 – 再见 老爸 |
[07:20] | Hey, whoa, whoa, was that Dad? | 嘿 哇哦 哇哦 是老爸打过来的吗 |
[07:23] | Yeah, I had to, uh, jump off. | 是的 我不得不挂断 |
[07:25] | You just had Dad on the phone? Where was he? | 你刚刚跟老爸通电话了 他在哪 |
[07:27] | No way to tell, really. Portugal. | 没办法说 真的 葡萄牙 |
[07:29] | – Down South America way. – Well, did he wanna talk to me? | – 南美洲的某地儿吧 – 他有没有什么想跟我说的 |
[07:32] | No, he wanted to talk to the president. | 不 他只想跟公司总裁通话 |
[07:36] | – I have no problem with that. – Michael was also hurt. | – 我知道你是 – Michael也很伤心 |
[07:39] | And George Sr. Was brutally hurt… | 此时George先生则更受伤 |
[07:41] | when he was mistaken for his twin brother Oscar. | 他被误认成了他的双胞胎兄弟Oscar |
[07:44] | Marijuana? No, no. | 倒卖大麻 不 不 |
[07:46] | That’s my brother. “Brothero. Brothero.” | 那是我的兄弟 “兄弟 兄弟” |
[07:52] | That night, Lindsay headed to the club… | 那天晚上 Lindsay去酒吧 |
[07:54] | to try again to meet someone. | 想要再去碰碰运气 |
[08:02] | Soon, having struck out again, | 很快 被三振出局了 |
[08:04] | she spotted a man who looked interesting. | 她发现了一个男人 貌似对她有兴趣 |
[08:07] | He had the lean look, effortless hair… | 他看起来很瘦 杂乱的头发 |
[08:09] | and dressed-down manner of a movie star. | 穿着方式像个电影明星 |
[08:11] | – Buy me a drink? – I think the bar’s closing. | – 请我喝一杯吧 – 酒吧关门了 |
[08:14] | I know a place. | 我知道一个地方 |
[08:19] | It was at that point that Lindsay had a startling revelation. | 就在那里Lindsay得知了一个令她吃惊的事实 |
[08:22] | Uh, uh, uh, you get out. Get out. Get out. Out, out, out! | 嗯 嗯 嗯 你 出去 出去 出去 滚出去 |
[08:25] | – No homeless in here! – Homeless? You’re homeless? | – 流浪汉不准入内 – 流浪汉 你是流浪汉吗 |
[08:29] | You’re gross. Oh, God. | 你太恶心了 哦 老天 |
[08:38] | They’re taking me in the army. | 他们允许我加入陆军了 |
[08:40] | They didn’t think there was enough wrong with me. | 他们觉得我没有太大的毛病 |
[08:42] | Well, did they check everything? | 好吧 他们该检查的都检查了么 |
[08:44] | Yes. They even touched my Charlie Browns. You lied to me. | 是的 他们还摸了我的小弟弟呢 你骗我 |
[08:48] | – You said I wasn’t fit to serve. – Okay, hold on. | – 你说我没资格参加陆军 – 好吧 等一下 |
[08:49] | Let’s calm down, people. | 大家都冷静一下 |
[08:52] | Um, I think I know a little bit about avoiding combat duty. | 嗯 我知道一些逃避兵役的办法 |
[08:55] | Now which pinkie do you use less? | 哪个手指你用的最少 |
[08:58] | Are you nuts? Do you know what I went through to have this boy? | 你疯了吗 你知道为了生下这个孩子我经历过什么吗 |
[09:02] | Oh, I know where the boy came from. | 哦 我知道这孩子是怎么”搞”出来的 |
[09:07] | Wait. Why were you in the pantry? | 等下 你们两个在储藏室干嘛 |
[09:11] | And Lucille realized it was time to end… | 此时 Lucille意识到是时候结束 |
[09:13] | whatever it was she had with Oscar. | 她跟Oscar之间纠缠不清的感情了 |
[09:15] | So, I believe it’s a good plan. | 我觉得这是个不错的计划 |
[09:17] | The next day, Michael was ready | 第二天 Michael做好准备 |
[09:18] | to wow the board with his new business model. | 用他全新的业务计划在董事会上一鸣惊人 |
[09:21] | As I told my brother, the president… | 正如我和我哥哥 也就是公司总裁说的那样 |
[09:23] | if we start construction on a second model home… | 如果我们开始建造二期工程的样板间 |
[09:25] | we can be cutting this ribbon within two months. | 我们可以在两个月内举行剪彩仪式 |
[09:29] | I said, “That’s why you’re no longer president.” | 我说呢 “这就是为什么你不再是总裁了” |
[09:33] | Two weeks. Let’s do it in two weeks. Hey! | 两周 我们在两周内完成它 怎么样 |
[09:41] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. Can we stop the music? | 抱歉 抱歉 我们能不能把音乐停了 |
[09:44] | I’m not as optimistic that we can get that done. | 我不觉得我们能在这么短时间内完成它 |
[09:47] | Gob, I think we both agree that we would do things your way… | Gob 我觉得我们都会同意用你的方式来做 |
[09:50] | if you had a business model. | 如果你有自己的业务计划 |
[09:52] | Do you have a business model, Gob? | 你有业务计划吗 Gob |
[09:54] | I am so happy that you asked me that, Michael… | 我真高兴你问起这事儿 Michael |
[09:57] | because I just happen to have a business model right here. | 正巧我手上有个商业模特 |
[10:03] | Solid as a rock | 硬如磐石 |
[10:04] | Meet Starla, the new Bluth Company business model… | 请看Starla 布鲁斯公司的新模特 |
[10:07] | for our phase two campaign. | 为我们的二期工程招商引资 |
[10:10] | Blues Homes-Solid as a rock. | 布鲁斯建造-硬如磐石 |
[10:14] | We’ll see you at the ribbon-cutting in two weeks… | 两周后剪彩仪式见 |
[10:17] | if my brother doesn’t screw it up first. | 如果我弟弟没有搞砸的话 |
[10:20] | Hey! | 嗨 |
[10:26] | Gob had committed Michael to building a model home in two weeks. | Gob把两周之内建成样板房的任务交给了Michael |
[10:30] | We can’t build a house in two weeks. | 我们没办法在两周内建成一座房子 |
[10:32] | Also, I’m not sure how “Solid as a Rock”… | 而且我也不明白 “硬如磐石”这个计划 |
[10:34] | helps people forget the fact that we built houses in Iraq. | 怎么能让大家忘记我们在伊拉克建房子的事 |
[10:37] | – I love that. – But you | – 我很喜欢 – 但是你 |
[10:38] | probably know best because you’re president. | 才是总裁 可能你知道什么才是最好的 |
[10:40] | We don’t have to build a real house, Michael. | 我们不需要建个真的房子 Michael |
[10:42] | Like you said, it’s all for appearances anyway. | 正如你所言 只是面子工程而已 |
[10:44] | We throw up a couple of walls. | 搞几个墙 |
[10:45] | – We build a fake one. – What are you talking about? | – 我们建个假房子 – 你在胡说什么 |
[10:47] | Nothing on the inside. | 里面什么都没有 |
[10:50] | I’ll never get a crew to build it. | 我不可能找到愿意这么做的员工 |
[10:51] | They’d lose their licenses. | 他们会被吊销建筑许可证的 |
[10:52] | Then you build it yourself, damn it! | 那你就自己建吧 见鬼 |
[10:55] | Hey, there she is, my little business model. | 嗨 她在这儿 我的小商业模特 |
[11:02] | Sorry about that “Build it yourself’ crap. | 抱歉说出那些你自己建房子的鬼话 |
[11:04] | I might take her to the ribbon-cutting. | 我也许要带她去剪彩现场 |
[11:06] | – You end up finding a date yet? – No. | – 你还在找约会对象吗 – 是的 |
[11:09] | As Michael grew frustrated by his relationship with Gob… | 正在Michael为他和Gob烦心的时候 |
[11:12] | Lucille tried to end hers with Oscar. | Lucille准备结束跟Oscar的关系 |
[11:14] | – I want you out of the house. – Oh, I want you everywhere. | – 我想让你搬出房子 -哦 我在哪儿都想要你 |
[11:18] | Oscar, no. I can’t have | Oscar 别 我不能这样 |
[11:19] | this in my life anymore. I’m a married woman. | 我是已婚妇女 |
[11:21] | Lucille, you wanna leave? I won’t chase after you. | Lucille你想离开我吗 我不会纠缠你的 |
[11:24] | But before you do, ask yourself, “Where’s your husband?” | 但是你行动之前问问你自己 你老公在哪里 |
[11:27] | Because I am here. I am real. I am flesh and blood. | 因为我在你身边 我是真实的 我有血有肉 |
[11:32] | And hair. | 还有头发 |
[11:33] | Oh, God, that hair. | 哦 老天 那头发 |
[11:36] | What will people say? | 人们会怎么评价呢 |
[11:38] | They’ll say, “Those people are in love.” | 他们会说 “他们两个恋爱了” |
[11:44] | That night, the evening | 当天晚上 |
[11:45] | news report said something very different. | 晚间新闻报道了一些非同寻常的新闻 |
[11:47] | Lucille Bluth, caught on tape breathing life into a homeless man. | Lucille Bluth 被拍到给一个流浪汉做人工呼吸 |
[11:51] | The surprising home video at 10:00. | 今晚十点搞笑家庭录像 |
[11:55] | And Michael prepared to build a house. | 此时Micheal准备建一个屋子 |
[11:57] | Two weeks? But what if my date’s not available? | 两周 但是要是我还没找到男伴怎么办 |
[11:59] | I’m trying to get a last-minute crew together. | 我正在焦头烂额的组一队人 |
[12:01] | Your inability to get a man interested… | 你无法让男人感兴趣的事 |
[12:02] | is not at the top of my list. | 不是我最关心的事情 |
[12:03] | Oh, I’ve got a man interested, Michael. | 哦 老娘是有人要的 Michael |
[12:05] | – What’s wrong with him? – There’s nothing wrong with him. | – 他有什么毛病啊 – 他什么毛病都没有 |
[12:09] | He is homeless. | 他是个流浪汉 |
[12:11] | Well, I didn’t know he was homeless at the time. | 当然 当时我可不知道他是个流浪汉 |
[12:13] | – It was humiliating. – Is this about Gangy’s homeless guy? | – 丢死人了 – 是不是外婆救助的那个流浪汉 |
[12:17] | – Gangy’s homeless guy? – Yeah, it’s all over the news. | – 外婆救助的流浪汉 – 对 新闻上到处都在报道 |
[12:19] | Gangy gave C.P.R. To a homeless guy on the beach. | 外婆给一个流浪汉实施了心脏复苏术 |
[12:23] | Lindsay felt respect for her mother… | Lindsay当时就对她妈妈产生了敬意 |
[12:25] | and decided that perhaps she | 当即就决定了也许自己也可以 |
[12:26] | could overcome her pride and help someone too. | 战胜自尊并帮助别人 |
[12:29] | I’ve got someone for your crew, | 我给你的小队推荐一个人 |
[12:31] | Michael. My boyfriend, the homeless guy. | Michael 我的男朋友 那个流浪汉 |
[12:35] | I wonder if he even has an apartment or- | 我很好奇他有没有过公寓或者 |
[12:38] | – Hello. – Did you see the news? | – 哈喽 – 你看新闻了吗 |
[12:40] | Your Uncle Oscar forced himself on me at the beach today… | 你Oscar叔叔今天把我压倒在沙滩上了 |
[12:43] | – and I didn’t have my horn. – Of course. | – 然后我当时没有拿防狼哨 – 当然 |
[12:46] | It was Uncle Oscar. Mom, | 是Oscar叔叔的错 老妈 |
[12:47] | you’re not having an affair with him, are you? | 你跟他之间没什么的对吧 老妈 |
[12:48] | You’re building a house? I want you to give it to him. | 你要建个房子吗 你把房子给他住 |
[12:51] | – It’s not a real house. – Perfect. He’s not a real man. | – 那不是个真的屋子 – 好极了 他也不是个真男人 |
[12:54] | And George Sr. Made his case to the Mexican police. | 此时George先生在墨西哥警局里录笔录 |
[12:57] | My God, I was beaten up here. I’m telling you. | 老天 我在这儿被打了 我跟你说 |
[12:59] | I’m George. I’m not Oscar. I’m George. | 我是George 我不是Oscar 我是George |
[13:01] | – The Cornballer. – Ss? The Cornballer. | – 玉米球机 – 看 玉米球机 |
[13:05] | George Sr. Had marketed | George先生曾经在墨西哥销售过 |
[13:06] | a device called the Cornballer in Mexico… | 一种叫做玉米球终结者的设备 |
[13:09] | after the severe burns | 在几起严重烧伤事件后 |
[13:10] | it caused led to it being banned in the U.S. | 此机器被禁止在美国进行销售 |
[13:13] | – Why, did you have one? – Ss? | – 怎么了 你也买过吗 – 你看 |
[13:21] | Lindsay, meanwhile, was having trouble finding her homeless man. | Lindsay 此时正在寻找她的流浪汉男友 |
[13:24] | – He looked like a movie star. – The man | – 他看起来像个电影明星 – 那个人 |
[13:26] | looked like a movie star because he was a movie star. | 看起来像个电影明星是因为他确实是个电影明星 |
[13:29] | His name was Tom Jane, | 他的名字叫Tom Jane |
[13:30] | and he was making two movies for a major studio. | 他正在大型片场拍两部电影 |
[13:32] | 瘾君子 他们注射海洛因 不是吗 | |
[13:32] | One was a gritty personal project about a junkie’s life… | 一个是关于瘾君子生活的励志片 |
[13:35] | which he got to do in exchange for making… | 同时作为交换 他还接拍了 |
[13:37] | a rigidly, formulaic popcorn movie. | 一部呆板而无新意的爆米花电影 |
[13:41] | He was living on the streets, | 他流浪在街头 |
[13:42] | – researching his role. – Hey, homeless guy. | – 是为了研究他的角色 – 嗨 流浪汉 |
[13:43] | – Hey. – I’m not proud of the way… | – 嗨 – 在发现你很恶心之前 |
[13:46] | I was so grossed out when I found out you were gross before. | 其实我的做派也挺恶心人的 我对此不感到自豪 |
[13:49] | You really thought I was gross, huh? | 你真觉得我很恶心人吗 |
[13:51] | Well, at first, I thought you were kind of hot, | 好吧 刚开始 我觉得你挺帅的 |
[13:52] | but I hadn’t looked closely enough. | 但是我没细看 |
[13:55] | Listen, I have a construction job for you. | 听着 我有个建筑工的活儿给你 |
[13:58] | And if you clean yourself up, who knows? | 如果你愿意再去洗个澡的话 |
[14:01] | You might actually get a date out of this. | 也许你还能得到一个约会 |
[14:04] | – Okay. – See ya. | – 好的 – 再见 |
[14:12] | Okay, we’ve all made some sacrifices to be here, | 好的 我们都做出一些牺牲来到这里 |
[14:15] | but we all want the same thing. | 但是我们都有同一个目标 |
[14:17] | – I wanna live here. – I wanna buy Ann some diamond dust. | – 我想住在这里 – 我想给Ann买钻石面霜 |
[14:20] | I’m just hoping to get mildly injured, | 我只是希望能得个中级伤 |
[14:21] | so I can get out of the army. | 然后我就不用去服兵役了 |
[14:23] | Bottom line is we’ve got two weeks to build a house. | 不管怎样我们一定要在两周内建起一座房子 |
[14:26] | It doesn’t have to be good. It just has to look good. | 我不需要做到最好 只要外形好就行了 |
[14:28] | I just want my kids back. | 我只希望能把我的孩子要回来 |
[14:32] | And so, the guys went to work. | 然后 大家开始工作了 |
[14:39] | Things didn’t go smoothly at first. | 刚开始事情进展的不那么顺利 |
[14:44] | Buster looked for ways to hurt himself. | Buster想方设法把自己弄伤 |
[14:51] | – But soon the project came together- when Gob stopped by. | – 但是慢慢的项目走上了正轨 – 当Gob路过参观时 |
[14:57] | Now we’re building a house. | 我们建了一座房子 |
[14:59] | – Yeah, I’m pretty proud- – So, | – 是啊 我挺自豪的 – 那 |
[15:00] | what do you think? Did I do this or what? | 你觉得怎么样 我干的怎么样 |
[15:03] | Seems like your brother did it. | 好像是你弟弟干的吧 |
[15:05] | My brother does what I tell him to do. I’m the president. | 我弟弟是在我的指示下做的 我才是总裁 |
[15:09] | Where’s your “P”? | 你的P去哪了 |
[15:10] | What? Oh, no, not again. | 什么 哦 别 又来了 |
[15:12] | I got it. | 我来找 |
[15:15] | Hey, sorry for the | 嗨 对不起刚刚 |
[15:16] | “My brother does what I tell him to do” Crap… | 我说了”我弟弟是在我的指示下做的”这种屁话 |
[15:17] | but I want this to be perfect for when I cut the ribbon tomorrow. | 但是我希望明天我剪彩的时候一切都很完美 |
[15:21] | You’re cutting the ribbon? | 你要剪彩 |
[15:22] | I kinda thought that since I built it… | 我觉得这房子是我建的所以… |
[15:25] | – I might go ahead and give it a- – Yeah, okay. | – 应该让我来 – 是 但是 |
[15:27] | Can you imagine how that would look to the board? | 要是你来剪彩董事们会怎么想 |
[15:29] | The construction worker cutting the ribbon. | 一个建筑工人来剪彩 |
[15:32] | No, no, that’s a job for the president. | 不行不行 剪彩是总裁干的事情 |
[15:34] | Michael had a problem with that. | Michael 对此很不爽 |
[15:36] | Gob had taken away something | Gob抢走了Michael一直以来 |
[15:37] | – Michael always wanted. – You got the “P.” | – 渴望的东西 – 你找到P啦 |
[15:39] | Now it was Michael’s turn to take something from Gob- Starla. | 现在是时候Michael从Gob和Starla那里得到一些东西了 |
[15:44] | And later, Michael set about his plan. | 之后 Michae做好了计划 |
[15:47] | Gob, do you have Starla’s phone number? | Gob 你有Starla的电话号码么 |
[15:50] | I got a few business things | 我有点事情想跟 |
[15:50] | I’d like to go over with the business model. | 我们的商业模特说下 |
[15:53] | Guess who was just over her? Don’t, I’ll tell you- me. | 猜猜谁甩了她 别猜了 我告诉你 是我 |
[15:57] | – Hmm? – L- the business model. | – 什么 – [哔]了商业模特 |
[15:59] | Actually, they just made out. | 事实上 他们只是亲热了一下 |
[16:01] | Yeah, she had all kinds of orgasms. | 是的 她可是各种高潮 |
[16:04] | Imagine that. I finally nailed somebody that you weren’t after. | 你想象一下 我终于搞定了个你没能搞定的妹子 |
[16:07] | That’s it. I’ve worked too hard | 到此为止 我这么努力的工作 |
[16:09] | and too long for you to keep getting all the credit. | 这么长时间以来给你足够的信任 |
[16:10] | I built that company, that house, | 我建立了这公司 这屋子 |
[16:12] | and I’m gonna be cutting the ribbon… | 所以我要来剪彩 |
[16:13] | whether we’re all pretending that you’re president or not. | 不管大家是不是都装着承认你总裁的地位 |
[16:17] | Yeah, sure. I just wanted- | 好吧 我就是想 |
[16:18] | You just wanted what? | 你就是想干嘛 |
[16:20] | I just wanted you to be impressed with me. | 我只是想让你对我刮目相看 |
[16:23] | Dad never was. Never said a nice thing about me. | 老爸从来没有 从来没有对我说过鼓励的话 |
[16:27] | He called you the other day. He didn’t even wanna talk to me. | 他那天给你打电话了 他甚至都不想跟我说话 |
[16:29] | Of course he did! | 他当然想跟你说话了 |
[16:31] | He never wants to talk to me. | 他本来就不是打电话给我的 |
[16:33] | He never has. | 也从来没有想过 |
[16:39] | – Cut the ribbon. – Really? | – 你剪彩吧 – 真的么 |
[16:40] | – Yeah. How about that? – Michael. | – 是的 怎么样 – Michael |
[16:43] | I have no problem with it. | 我完全OK |
[16:45] | – All right? Take it easy. Come on. – Thank you. | – 这样好吗 放松 别这样了 -谢谢 |
[16:51] | The next day, the Bluth family prepared to unveil phase two. | 第二天 布鲁斯家族准备为二期工程揭牌 |
[16:55] | Have you seen your Uncle Gob around? | 你有没有看到你Gob大伯 |
[16:56] | No. And I can’t find that | 没有 我找不到 |
[16:57] | diamond dust that Aunt Lindsay bought for me. | Lindsay姑妈给我买的钻石面霜了 |
[16:59] | Oh, well, your Aunt Lindsay | 哦 好吧 你Lindsay姑妈 |
[17:01] | has probably taken it. She’s just a taker. | 可能用掉了 她有什么用什么 |
[17:03] | This is your chance, huh? | 今天可是你的好机会啊 对吧 |
[17:04] | With the big ribbon-cutters after all these years? | 这么些年来终于有机会进行剪彩了 |
[17:06] | Well, actually, I figured, give Gob a chance, you know? | 好吧 实际上 我想清楚了 给Gob个机会 你懂的 |
[17:08] | The guy doesn’t get a whole lot of attention in this family. | 他在整个家族里都不怎么受重视 |
[17:10] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[17:12] | the president of the Bluth Company, Gob Bluth. | 热烈欢迎布鲁斯企业总裁Gob Bluth |
[17:19] | My brother wasn’t optimistic it could be done. | 我弟弟觉得我没办法建好这房子 |
[17:22] | But I didn’t take “Wasn’t optimistic it could be done”… | 但是我并没有把他的话变成 |
[17:26] | for an answer. | 交代给大众的答案 |
[17:30] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 我给你们 |
[17:31] | I present to you phase two of the Bluth Company. | 展示的是布鲁斯公司的二期工程 |
[17:34] | A house truly solid as a rock. | 一间像石头一样坚固的房子 |
[17:43] | But as it turns out… | 结果事实证明 |
[17:44] | Michael was right to not be optimistic it could be done. | Michael说的不可能建好这座房子是对的 |
[17:52] | And Buster saw the chance to get injured enough… | Buster找到了足够致伤的好机会 |
[17:55] | to keep him out of the army. | 以避免服兵役 |
[18:01] | But instead… | 但是结果 |
[18:03] | – got a glimpse inside. – I can’t look at that. | – 得到了一个看到屋内情景的机会 – 我都无法直视了 |
[18:05] | Unfortunately, Tobias had to. | 很不幸 Tobias也看到了 |
[18:08] | I got the wrong homeless man. | 我跟错流浪汉了 |
[18:09] | I am sorry. I was looking for Lindsay. | 对不起 我在找Lindsay |
[18:12] | You lied to me. You both lied to me. I’m goin’to war. | 你对我撒谎 你们都对我撒谎了 我要去上战场 |
[18:16] | – Buster, you can’t! – Yes, I can. | – Buster 不要啊 – 不 我就要 |
[18:19] | I don’t agree with your dirty doings here… | 你们这种龌蹉的事情我可看不下去 |
[18:22] | but I will defend with my life your right to do it. | 但是我誓死捍卫你做这件事情的权利 |
[18:25] | You planned this all along, didn’t you, Michael? | 这都是你一手策划好的吧 Michael |
[18:28] | – No, I didn’t. I had no crew. I had no time. – You set me up. | -不 当然不是 我没有人手 没有足够的时间 – 你陷害我 |
[18:31] | Gob charged at Michael with the scissors… | Gob拿着剪子想报复Michael |
[18:34] | but Michael, as he always did, picked rock- | 但是Michael 正如他平常所做 选了石头 |
[18:37] | – You wanted to make me look foolish! – Put down the scissors. | – 你想让我出丑 – 放下剪子 |
[18:39] | – Put ’em down. – Foolish with scissors! | – 放下剪子 – 让我拿着剪子出丑 |
[18:42] | Which beat scissors. | 石头赢过剪子 |
[18:46] | Unfortunately, the whole incident was covered by the paper. | 很不幸 整个事件被报纸详尽报道了 |
[18:50] | Nobody looks good in this. | 这事没人捞到好处 |
[18:52] | – Especially that little dude. – That’s Ann. | – 特别是那个小伙计 – 那是Ann |
[18:56] | – Who’s- – It doesn’t matter. Listen. | -谁 – 不用管她 听着 |
[18:58] | You know I didn’t set you up, okay? | 你知道我没有陷害你 对吧 |
[18:59] | I think the only reason you and I always fight… | 我觉得我们两个一直斗来斗去的原因是 |
[19:01] | is that since we were little kids, | 从我们很小的时候开始 |
[19:02] | Dad’s always played us off each other. | 老爸就总是让我们互相争斗 |
[19:04] | Dad always said that was your fault. | 爸爸总说那是你的错 |
[19:06] | Anyway, what we oughta do is make a decision right now… | 无论如何 我们现在必须做出一个决定 |
[19:09] | not to let Dad get in the middle of our relationship anymore. | 不再让老爸干扰我们之间的关系 |
[19:11] | – He’s not even in town, and we’re fighting. – We’re grown men. | – 他甚至都不在这儿 我们竟然还争来争去 – 我们是成人了 |
[19:13] | – Yeah, let’s just move on. – Look at me. | – 是的 我们是该长大了 – 看着我 |
[19:15] | I’m the president of a company now. | 我现在是公司的总裁 |
[19:18] | Oh, that’s Dad’s line. I bet he saw the paper. | 哦 那是老爸的电话 我打赌他肯定看到报纸了 |
[19:20] | Listen, if you want my respect, you won’t answer that, okay? | 听着 如果你想赢得我的尊重 你别接那电话 |
[19:23] | It’s just gonna cause more problems. | 这会引发更多的问题 |
[19:27] | Hello? They hung up. | 喂 他们挂电话了 |
[19:32] | They hung up on me. Hiya, guys. | 他们挂了我的电话 嗨 伙计们 |
[19:34] | I couldn’t get the money. I don’t know what happened. | 我没法搞来钱 我不知道发生了什么 |
[19:36] | – I’m impressed you hung up. – Did I hang up? | – 我很看好你挂了电话 – 我刚刚挂了电话吗 |
[19:38] | – I meant to hit speaker. – Oh. | – 我本来是想打开免提的 – 哦 |
[19:40] | You gotta hit the line first. | 你得先接通线路 |
[19:42] | I’m hitting both at the same time. | 我是同时按下的 |
[19:43] | – These are the lines. There’s a line here. – But she said- | – 这些是线路 这些也是线路按钮 – 但是她说 |
[19:45] | – It’s line and then- – Hey. | – 先按线路再按啥 – 嗨 |
[19:48] | I don’t wanna wait until Dad’s dead for us to get along. | 我不想等到老爸死了以后我们才能好好相处 |
[19:51] | But it was too late… | 但是他们的关系修复得太晚了 |
[19:53] | as George Sr. Would be declared dead… | 不到一个小时之后George先生 |
[19:56] | within the hour. | 就被宣布遇刺身亡 |
[19:58] | From now on, we support each other. | 从现在开始 我们互相扶持 |
[20:00] | We start with a clean slate. | 我们从清理误会开始 |
[20:01] | – Yeah. – We almost did it though, didn’t we? | – 好的 – 我们差点成功了 对吧 |
[20:04] | We almost pulled it off. | 我们差点成功 |
[20:07] | – No, it wasn’t even close. – Yeah, a lot of people got hurt. | – 没 还差的远 – 是 很多人受伤了 |
[20:10] | – This was very, very bad. – Not great. Not great. | – 这真是糟透了 – 不好 不好 |
[20:13] | On the next Arrested Development. | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[20:15] | Lindsay finds out the true identity ofher homeless man. | Lindsay发现流浪汉的真实身份 |
[20:19] | Look. You’re a really nice chick, but I’m not homeless. | 听着 你是个很不错的妞 但是我不是流浪汉 |
[20:23] | I’m Tom Jane. | 我是Tom Jane |
[20:25] | And even though Lindsay doesn’t know who that is… | 但是Lindsay 仍旧不知道他是谁… |
[20:27] | hearing that he isn’t homeless is good enough for her. | 对她来说 知道他不是流浪汉就足够了 |
[20:30] | – Buy me a drink? – You’re really sweet, but, no. | – 能请我喝杯酒吗 – 你很漂亮 但是算了 |
[20:34] | I’m Tom Jane. | 我可是Tom Jane |
[20:36] | And Lindsay, crushed and alone… | 此时Lindsay崩溃而又孤单 |
[20:39] | for the first time misses her husband. | 有史以来第一次想念她的丈夫 |
[20:42] | Tobias Tobias. | |
[20:47] | Lindsay, I’m- | Lindsay 我在 |
[20:50] | Is that George Michael’s diamond cream? | 你身上涂得是George Michael的钻石面霜么 |
[20:52] | Oh, yes, well, I ran out of blue, | 哦 是的 我没蓝色颜料了 |
[20:54] | and I couldn’t find anything else. | 我也找不到其它颜料了 |
[20:56] | I think my nipples are bleeding though. | 我感觉我的咪咪正在流血 |
[20:57] | I don’t know if you’re supposed to use quite this much. | 我不知道你一次有没有用过这么多 |
[21:01] | – That guy’s a jerk. – No, I am. | – 那男的就是个混蛋 – 不 我才是 |
[21:04] | No, no, I am. | 不 不 我是 |
[21:08] | Because I think I need to go to the hospital right away… | 因为我觉得我需要立马去医院 |
[21:10] | and see if I can’t get some of | 看能不能从我的 |
[21:12] | this diamond dust vacuumed from out of my lungs. | 肺里面吸出来一些钻石面霜 |
[21:15] | This way. | 这边走 |