时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything… | 故事是关于一个原本富足的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice… | 其中一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 欢迎收看发展受阻 |
[00:19] | Low-carb diets are sweeping the nation… | 低碳水化合物饮食风靡全国 |
[00:21] | but some local businesses are being left in the dust. | 但一些本地商户却因此门庭冷落 |
[00:24] | – And the latest on Iraq… – Hey, George Michael. | – 伊拉克最新消息 – 嘿 George Michael |
[00:26] | They’re gonna show that interview you did. | 他们要播你的访谈 |
[00:28] | We’re gonna watch it on Thursday, okay? | 我们周四一起看 好吗 |
[00:29] | – I’ll make some popcorn. – Popcorn? Really? Cool. | – 我会准备一些爆米花 – 爆米花 真的 不错 |
[00:32] | – Yeah, the hell with Atkins, huh? – Oh. Yeah. | – 耶 阿氏健康饮食见鬼去吧 – 噢 是哦 |
[00:34] | Oh, why blow it now? I’ll fry up some bacon. | 何必现在功亏一篑 我会煎一些培根 |
[00:38] | Uh, Dad… | 爸 |
[00:41] | Buddy, you gotta take it easy, okay? | 小哥 你悠着点 行吗 |
[00:44] | I’m showing this as a model again. | 我还要把这个当样品 |
[00:45] | I don’t want people to think we’ve got shoddy workmanship. | 我不希望人们以为我们的工程是豆腐渣 |
[00:51] | That might not have been your fault. | 那或许不是你的错 |
[00:53] | I know. Nothing works in this house. | 我知道 这家里什么都不工作 |
[00:56] | – Tell me about it. – Is that a shot at me? | – 还用你说 – 是在说我吗 |
[00:58] | – Probably. – Because for your information, I got a job. | – 或许吧 – 跟你们说 我有工作了 |
[01:01] | – Really? What kind of job? – Beads. | – 真的吗 什么工作 – 珠子 |
[01:04] | – Bees? – Beads. – Beads? | – 蜂子 – 珠子 – 珠子 |
[01:08] | – Gob’s not on board. – Beads are very big right now. | – Gob还不明真相 – 现在很流行珠子 |
[01:11] | Uh, anklets, necklaces, you name it. | 脚镯 项链 没有你想不到的 |
[01:14] | – Bracelets? – But I’ll need some start-up money. | – 手镯 – 但我需要一些启动资金 |
[01:16] | I’m in. But we’re gonna need a lot. | 我参加 但我们需要很多资金 |
[01:19] | Beads aren’t cheap. Are beads cheap? | 珠子不便宜 便宜吗 |
[01:22] | Gob, shouldn’t you be in bed? | Gob 你不该上床了吗 |
[01:24] | Well, we got a meeting with Dad’s attorney today. | 今天我们要和爸的律师见面 |
[01:26] | He’s gonna want me to take a lie-detector test… | 他要我做测谎 |
[01:27] | to use as evidence in Dad’s trial, but, uh, I don’t want to. | 作为老爸案子的证据 但我不想去 |
[01:30] | What if they ask about a magic trick? I just… I can’t risk it. | 要是他们问起魔术呢 我就是 不能冒险 |
[01:33] | They’re not gonna ask you anything. | 他们不会问你任何事 |
[01:34] | They want me to take the polygraph test. | 他们想测谎的是我 |
[01:37] | But… I’m the oldest. | 但 我是老大 |
[01:39] | – The matriarch, if you will. – Sure. I will. | – 女王范儿 懂吗 – 我懂 |
[01:42] | Listen, I have to do this to help out Dad, | 听着 我必须这么做为了帮爸一把 |
[01:44] | and you don’t know anything about our business. | 你对我们的业务一无所知 |
[01:46] | Gob, I’m not looking for a partner. | Gob 我也不是要寻找生意伙伴 |
[01:47] | And, believe me, if I was, it would not be you. | 相信我 就算要找 也不找你 |
[01:50] | Oh. Good. | 好啊 |
[01:52] | Well, I’ll start my own business. How hard can it be? | 我就自主创业 能有多难 |
[01:56] | Z-z-z-z-z Z-z-z-z-z! | |
[01:58] | BZ-z-z-z-z Bz-z-z-z-z-z! | |
[02:00] | We’ll see who brings in more honey. | 看谁采的蜜多 |
[02:04] | – He’s thinking about bees again. – Oh. | – 他又在想蜂子了 – 噢 |
[02:07] | I’m not just gonna cut you a check | 我不会给你钱 |
[02:08] | so you can throw it away on another failed business. | 让你拿去打水漂 再创业失败 |
[02:10] | Hey, “Mommy, What Will I Look Like?” Should have worked. | “妈妈 我会变成什么样” 本会成功的 |
[02:13] | Lindsay had once started a photo-enhancing service… | Lindsay曾经创办了一项相片穿越业务 |
[02:16] | which gave new parents a glimpse | 让新生儿父母一瞥 |
[02:18] | at what their infants would look like… | 他们的小孩五十年后会 |
[02:19] | in half a century. | 长成什么模样 |
[02:22] | Hey, you put an ugly kid in, | 娃娃就丑 不能指望 |
[02:23] | you can’t be surprised when an ugly adult comes out. | 长大了会变多漂亮 |
[02:26] | Look, I need to become self-reliant. | 我说 我需要自力更生 |
[02:27] | It’s not gonna last with Tobias. | 跟Tobias过不下去 |
[02:29] | He’s completely oblivious. | 他很冷淡 |
[02:30] | He’s got no idea how I’m feeling or thinking. | 他完全不理解我的感受和想法 |
[02:33] | – So there’s no sex? – I mean, how do you not have sex with me? | – 连性生活都没有 – 是啊 谁会不想跟我做 |
[02:37] | It is a struggle. I’ll tell you what. | 的确很难 这样吧 |
[02:40] | I’ll help you out, but you gotta work. | 我会帮你 但你得努力 |
[02:41] | Great. Before you know it, I’ll be in the red. | 很好 很快 我会大赚 |
[02:44] | And you can take that to the bank. | 然后你可以带去银行 |
[02:47] | I’m sure they’ll contact me first. | 我相信他们会先跟我联系 |
[02:49] | And that’s when Michael got a call that made him wish… | 就在此时Michael接到一通电话 |
[02:51] | he hadn’t promised his sister the money. | 让他后悔答应给她妹钱 |
[02:55] | Hello. | 喂 |
[02:57] | Kitty Kitty? | |
[02:59] | And later, the family | 不久 全家 |
[03:00] | waited for Michael at the prison meeting room. | 都在监狱会客间等待Michael |
[03:02] | – How do you make money from it? – I don’t know. Honey? | – 你如何盈利 – 不知道 蜂蜜 |
[03:05] | – Or just as gifts. – Who’d want a bee as a gift? | – 或者当礼物 – 谁需要蜜蜂当礼物 |
[03:08] | While Buster and Annyong waitedjust outside. | Buster和Annyong在外等候 |
[03:11] | – Come on. Just let me have one bite. – No. | – 拜托 让我咬一口 – 不 |
[03:12] | Mother said no carbohydrate for you if you ever gonna… | 妈说你不准碰碳水化合物 如果 |
[03:15] | get girlfriend that’s not old lady. | 你还想找老太婆以外的人当女朋友 |
[03:17] | At least I can get a girlfriend. | 至少我还有对象可谈 |
[03:18] | I can get a girlfriend before you. | 我会能比你先耍朋友 |
[03:20] | – Oh, we’ll see about that. – Why aren’t you in there? | – 我们走着瞧 – 你干嘛不进去 |
[03:22] | Oh, I was just keeping Annyong company. | 我在陪Annyong |
[03:25] | Give me that bagel, you little… Give it to me! | 给我面包 你个小[哔][哔] 给我 |
[03:29] | Whoa! Our star witness! Come here. | 哇 我们的关键证人 过来 |
[03:31] | Good to see you. You know what? Don’t get too close to me. | 很高兴见到你 你知道吗 别太靠近 |
[03:34] | ‘Cause I’ve got an itch you can’t believe. | 我身上痒的难以置信 |
[03:35] | I think something laid eggs on me. | 我觉得有什么在我身上产卵了 |
[03:37] | – Thanks for the heads-up. – That’s okay. | – 多谢提醒 – 不客气 |
[03:39] | We’ve got your polygraph set for tomorrow. | 你的测谎安排在明天 |
[03:41] | – About that… – I’ll tell them, Michael. | – 关于这件事 – 我来说 Michael |
[03:45] | I won’t do it. I’m afraid of what I might know. | 我不做 我知道的东西太危险 |
[03:48] | You? No one wants you. Does anyone want him? | 你吗 没人需要你 有人需要他吗 |
[03:50] | – Who would want him? – They don’t want you. | – 谁需要他 – 他们不需要你 |
[03:53] | – Good. – I might not be the best witness either. | – 很好 – 我或许也不是最佳证人 |
[03:56] | – I got a phone call from Kitty this morning. – His secretary? | – 今早我接到Kitty打来的电话 – 他的秘书吗 |
[03:58] | – My secretary. – She says that she’s got some evidence… | – 我的秘书 – 她说她掌握了一些证据 |
[04:01] | and she’s threatening to bring down the company | 她威胁要毁掉整个公司 |
[04:03] | unless we meet her demands. | 除非我们答应她的要求 |
[04:04] | Oh, that is just great. | 真是太棒了 |
[04:06] | And now I’m expected to climb | 又轮到我出马 |
[04:07] | back on top of Kitty and do my thing again. | 搞上Kitty 尽我所能 |
[04:10] | I mean, this family runs into problems, it’s… | 我说 这个家每次遇到麻烦 就是 |
[04:12] | “Oh, let’s have Gob our way out of it.” | “让Gob为我们[哔]开一条路” |
[04:14] | What is the matter with you? | 你这说的什么话 |
[04:15] | It’s me that she wants to meet with, Gob. | 她想见的人是我 Gob |
[04:18] | Oh. Good. | 噢 好吧 |
[04:20] | Now, what does she have, Dad? I need to know. | 那么 她知道什么 爸 我需要知道 |
[04:22] | No, you can’t know. We got to keep you nice and clean, Michael. | 不 不能让你知道 我们要保证你的清白 Michael |
[04:25] | Especially if you’re going to | 尤其是你要做 |
[04:26] | – take that lie detector test. – He is absolutely right. | – 测谎 – 他说得很对 |
[04:29] | Find out what Kitty wants andjust give it to her… | 去弄清Kitty的意图 满足她 |
[04:31] | but don’t find out what she knows. | 但别问她知道什么 |
[04:33] | Michael, you can save this business. | Michael 你能拯救公司 |
[04:37] | You are the only one who can do it. | 只有你行 |
[04:39] | Yeah, besides me, right? | 是 还有我 对吧 |
[04:41] | But I kind of got my hands full with these babies. | 但我要照顾这些宝贝 忙不过来 |
[04:43] | – He’s got bees! – No bees! | – 他带了蜜蜂 – 严禁蜜蜂 |
[04:45] | Get it! | 抓住了 |
[04:47] | They don’t allow you to have bees in here. | 这里不让带蜜蜂来 |
[04:49] | And business was slow at the banana stand… | 香蕉摊子的生意不景气 |
[04:52] | – when George Michael made a new friend. – Hi. | – 这时George Michael认识了新朋友 – 嗨 |
[04:55] | – Hi. – Are bananas high in carbohydrates? | – 嗨 – 香蕉碳水化合物含量高吗 |
[04:58] | Oh, you’re on Atkins too? | 你也在实践阿氏健康饮食 |
[05:00] | Uh, yeah. Actually, that’s, | 耶 事实上 就是 |
[05:02] | um… that’s why I’m gonna be on… on TV. | 就是这个原因 我会上电视 |
[05:04] | – You are? – I was interviewed for Hindsight, with John Beard. | – 是吗 – 我接受了John Beard的采访 |
[05:07] | I, uh, I gave them a joke, | 我 我给他们讲了个笑话 |
[05:09] | but I don’t know if they’re gonna use it. | 但不知道他们会不会用 |
[05:11] | You know, thanks to this diet craze, | 多亏饮食运动风潮 |
[05:12] | the last time we had a customer… | 上一次有人光顾我们 |
[05:13] | the banana stand was still green. | 香蕉摊子还是绿色的 |
[05:16] | Lose it. No, lose the whole kid. | 删 这小孩这段 全删 |
[05:18] | We’ll just go with the Iraq piece. | 只用伊拉克的内容 |
[05:20] | – That’s so cool. – I guess. | – 真酷 – 是吧 |
[05:23] | You wanna watch over at my house? | 你想来我家看看吗 |
[05:25] | Yeah, l-I guess. | 好 好吧 |
[05:30] | And Michael headed off to meet Kitty. | Michael去见Kitty |
[05:32] | Their last meeting had ended poorly. | 他们上一次会面惨淡收场 |
[05:34] | Say good-bye to your company, Michael. | 和你的公司永别 Michael |
[05:37] | – And say good-bye to these. – No, no, no, no. | – 和它们永别 – 不 不 不 不 |
[05:39] | So Michael was understandably anxious about their reunion. | 所以再次会面 Michael心中自然有些忐忑 |
[05:42] | Guess I do get to see them again, huh? | 没想到我还会见到它们 |
[05:45] | Can we please have | 能不能说点别的 |
[05:46] | one conversation that’s not about my rack, Michael? | 别老谈我的胸部 Michael |
[05:49] | – Yeah. – Maybe a better question would be… | – 好吧 – 或许更有趣的问题是 |
[05:51] | what evidence do I have against you, because… | 我掌握了什么对你不利的证据 因为 |
[05:53] | No, no, no. I don’t… I don’t wanna know. | 不 不 不 我不想知道 |
[05:55] | I just want to know what you want. | 我只想知道你想要什么 |
[05:58] | I’d like to be in charge of the Bluth Company. | 我想来掌管布鲁斯公司 |
[06:00] | Well, I want a hamburger and French fries, | 我想要汉堡和薯条 |
[06:02] | but I can’t have the bun or potatoes. Get real. | 但我不能要面包和土豆 现实点 |
[06:03] | I deserve it. Your father promised it to me | 我应得的 你爸答应过我 |
[06:06] | on the day he went to prison. | 他进监狱那天 |
[06:09] | Sounds like something that he would do. | 听起来像是他的行为 |
[06:11] | And if I can’t be in charge, | 如果不让我接管 |
[06:13] | then I’m going to have to tell the entire world… | 我就要告诉全世界 |
[06:15] | that your father was building houses overseas… | 你爸在国外建房 |
[06:18] | – without paying… – Whoa, whoa, whoa! Stop, stop. Stop. | – 而没有付 – 哇噢 哇噢 停 停 |
[06:20] | Act… No. Finish. Finish. Um, without paying what? Taxes? | 继续 不 完毕 完毕 额 没有交什么 税吗 |
[06:25] | Model houses, Michael. Overseas. | 样板房 Michael 在国外 |
[06:28] | And he hid it… from the U.S. Government. | 他瞒着 美国政府 |
[06:32] | That’s it? That’s what my dad’s been hiding… back taxes? | 就这个吗 这就是我爸隐瞒的 退缴税 |
[06:34] | And unless you plan on paying them… | 除非你打算补上 |
[06:37] | your dad’s gonna be in prison for a long time. | 你爸会在监狱里待很长一段时间 |
[06:40] | No, we’ll pay them. Forget it. We’ll just… | 不 我们会缴 算了 我们会 |
[06:43] | We’ll mortgage the company if we have to. | 必要的话 我们会抵押公司 |
[06:44] | We found money for those. | 我们会筹到钱 |
[06:45] | We’ll find money for taxes. Good to see ya. | 我们会弄到钱交税 很高兴见到你 |
[06:47] | Yeah. If I was in charge, that would have been my first move too. | 要是我管 首先我也会这么做 |
[06:52] | As Michael returned home, George Michael was heading out… | Michael回家时 George Michael正要去见 |
[06:55] | to meet the girl from the banana stand. | 在香蕉摊子遇到的女孩 |
[06:57] | Great news. The business is gonna be okay. | 好消息 生意没有问题 |
[07:00] | Yeah, I thought bananas would be okay on the diet. | 我也觉得健康饮食吃香蕉没问题 |
[07:02] | No, l-I meant… Well… You haven’t been eating those, have you? | 不 我是说 你没吃吧 |
[07:05] | – No. No. Not at all. Just some nuts. – Good. Those are fine. | – 没 完全没有 只吃了一些坚果 – 很好 那些没问题 |
[07:08] | What I meant was, I think we’re | 我的意思是 我认为 |
[07:09] | gonna be seeing Pop-Pop sooner than we thought. | 我们和爷爷团聚 比预想的要早 |
[07:11] | Huh? Does that sound good? | 嗯 是不是好消息 |
[07:14] | – Do you hear that rattle? – It is very worrisome. | – 你听到那咔嗒声了吗 – 令人担心 |
[07:17] | – Hey, what the hell are you doing? – Great news, Michael. | – 你们在干嘛 – 好消息 Michael |
[07:20] | We’re thinking of purchasing a Bluth model home. | 我们正考虑买一间布鲁斯样板房 |
[07:23] | And let’s check the oven. | 检查一下烤箱 |
[07:26] | Whoa! That doesn’t inspire confidence. | 哇 这不太让人安心 |
[07:28] | Lindsay, the bead business taking off, is it? | Lindsay 珠子生意做起来了吗 |
[07:30] | Actually, I am the breadwinner, Michael, as it turns out. | 其实到最后 是我在养家糊口 Michael |
[07:34] | I was walking in a strange place today… | 今天我路过一个奇怪的地方 |
[07:36] | a place I’d never set foot in before. | 我以前从没去过的地方 |
[07:38] | Tobias, walking down a street he’d been down many times… | Tobias 走在这条街上 其实他经常去 |
[07:42] | saw a book he’d written years earlier as a psychiatrist. | 看到他多年以前还是精神病医生时写的一本书 |
[07:45] | The book, initially unsuccessful, had suddenly caught fire… | 那本书 最初反响平平 后来突然火了 |
[07:49] | although, strangely, only in the gay community. | 尽管 奇怪的是 只在同性恋群体中 |
[07:52] | The book is huge. And I | 书很红 于是 |
[07:54] | have a bit of money coming my way as a result. | 我就有了一笔钱 |
[07:56] | So if you’ll excuse me, | 那么失陪了 |
[07:57] | I’m going to go upstairs and run the shower. | 我要上楼去开淋浴 |
[08:00] | Let me know if it’s too loud in the kitchen. | 要是声音太吵 跟我说 |
[08:02] | Okay, honey. | 好的 亲爱的 |
[08:04] | So, your husband comes into some money, | 你老公发了点财 |
[08:05] | and suddenly he’s not so oblivious anymore, huh? | 突然间他就不那么冷淡了 是吧 |
[08:07] | Hey, now, this is not me being shallow, Michael. | 嘿 这不是我肤浅 Michael |
[08:10] | He’s written a self-help book th at’s helping people. | 他写了一本自我帮助的书 帮助了他人 |
[08:12] | – That does take some insight. – Listen. | – 确实需要几分见地 – 听着 |
[08:14] | This better not mean you’re blowing off the bead store. | 最好这不代表你的珠子生意黄了 |
[08:16] | Well, uh, seeing as though you brought it up, | 既然你提起这事 |
[08:18] | maybe we should get out of this investment. | 或许这项投资应当作罢 |
[08:20] | – I mean, seriously, Michael… beads? – I knew you’d do this. | – 说实在的 Michael 珠子 – 我就知道你会这样 |
[08:23] | You work for three seconds, | 你三秒钟热度 |
[08:24] | and you find something easier and grab it. | 然后发现了芝麻 就丢了西瓜 |
[08:26] | It’s “Dip-A-Pet” All over again. | “爱宠一点红”的重演 |
[08:28] | Lindsay also had a brief foray into what she had then hoped… | Lindsay曾短暂涉足一个她原本希望 |
[08:31] | Come back here! | 给我回来 |
[08:32] | would be the burgeoning fad of custom pet coloring. | 会日渐红火的行业 个性宠物染毛 |
[08:35] | Well, that would’ve worked if you’d sprung for a bigger sink. | 要是你的资金足够雄厚 会成功的 |
[08:38] | George Michael, our show’s about to start. | George Michael 节目要开始了 |
[08:41] | – He went out on his date. – A date? | – 他约会去了 – 约会 |
[08:44] | But we had plans to… A date with who? | 但我们说好了 和谁约会 |
[08:46] | Some girl. I mean, she barely has a face. | 某个女生 我是说 她跟没长脸一样 |
[08:48] | You couldn’t pick her out of a lineup of one. | 放到一排人中 你都认不出她 |
[08:51] | But first, the palaces of Iraq. | 首先 伊拉克的高档住宅 |
[08:52] | Trisha, tell us about these | Trisha 向我们介绍 |
[08:54] | new mini-palaces of Saddam’s you’ve discovered. | 你们刚发现的萨达姆的小型豪宅 |
[08:57] | Our troops have been living here for the last few days… | 过去几日我们的部队就住在这里 |
[08:59] | and, as you can tell, they’ve made themselves right at home. | 如你所见 他们把这里当做家一般 |
[09:03] | Now, a lot of this damage is just due to shoddy workmanship… | 许多破损只是由于豆腐渣工程 |
[09:07] | but the real surprise here is that these homes… | 但真正让人意外的是这些地方 |
[09:10] | appear to be American-built to begin with. | 似乎是美国制造 |
[09:13] | There have been sanctions against doing business… | 从九十年代开始就有针对萨达姆 |
[09:15] | with Hussein’s regime since the early ’90s… | 政权的制裁 禁止商业来往 |
[09:18] | – so who built them? – Does | – 究竟是谁造的 – 那个 |
[09:19] | that look a little like our kitchen island? | 是不是有点像我们的厨房 |
[09:21] | Well, whoever it is, they’re in a world of trouble. | 无论是谁 他们麻烦大了 |
[09:24] | Michael realized that his father’s crimes… | Michael意识到他父亲的罪行 |
[09:26] | might be bigger than he thought. | 或许比他想象的要严重 |
[09:28] | There’s a good chance I may have committed some light treason. | 很有可能我犯了轻度的叛国罪 |
[09:33] | This might even be considered light treason. | 这或许会被认定为轻度叛国罪 |
[09:38] | Oh, my God. | 我的上帝 |
[09:47] | Michael had just found out his father might have committed… | Michael才发现他父亲可能犯了 |
[09:50] | some light treason by building model homes in Iraq. | 轻度的叛国罪 因为在伊拉克建造样板房 |
[09:54] | And he tried to get ahold of Kitty, who he knew had the evidence. | 他想找到Kitty 他知道她有证据 |
[09:57] | Unfortunately, Kitty was meeting with Gob at the time. | 不巧的是 Kitty正在和Gob见面 |
[10:00] | – What about hash browns? – No, because hash browns are potatoes. | – 薯饼呢 – 不行 因为薯饼是土豆做的 |
[10:04] | So you really can’t eat anything on this diet. | 所以这项饮食计划什么都不能吃 |
[10:06] | Wow. Wonder how this is gonna affect my honey business? | 哇 这会给我的蜂蜜生意带来什么影响 |
[10:09] | Gob, I have seen you get passed over… | Gob 我看见你一次又一次 |
[10:12] | time and time again by your family. | 被你的家人无视 |
[10:14] | You don’t deserve that. You’re smarter than them. | 你不应受此遭遇 你比他们都要聪明 |
[10:18] | What about macaroni… let me finish… salad? | 通心粉呢 让我说完 沙拉 |
[10:22] | Gob, this is your time. | Gob 你的时代来了 |
[10:24] | With my help, knowing what I know… | 有我相助 就我所知 |
[10:27] | – we could take over the Bluth Company together. – Wow! | – 我们能携手接管布鲁斯公司 – 哇 |
[10:31] | This is a side of you I’d never noticed before. | 我从没见过你这一面 |
[10:34] | Have they always been that big? | 它们一向都这么大吗 |
[10:37] | And the next day, Michael went to his mother’s. | 第二天 Michael去找他母亲 |
[10:39] | I saw an expos? On the Iraq palaces last night… | 昨晚我看到伊拉克豪宅的一组曝光 |
[10:43] | and I could have sworn that one of them was the Sea Wind unit. | 我可以发誓其中一种就是海风套房 |
[10:46] | That’s funny. I always pictured Iraq in the middle of the desert. | 有趣 我总是想象伊拉克在沙漠之中 |
[10:50] | Dad sold houses to the Iraqis, didn’t he? | 老爸向伊拉克推销了房子 是吗 |
[10:52] | And this is what you kept from me so | 所以你不让我知道 |
[10:53] | I could take the polygraph test. | 然后去测谎 |
[10:55] | Tell me the truth, okay? | 告诉我实情 好吗 |
[10:56] | ‘Cause there’s been a lot of lying in this family. | 因为这个家有太多谎言 |
[10:58] | And a lot of love. | 也很有爱 |
[11:00] | – More lies. – Look, I never knew about anything. | – 还在说谎 – 听着 我什么都不知道 |
[11:03] | But I had my suspicions. | 但我有过怀疑 |
[11:05] | He never told me where he was going… | 他从不告诉我他去哪里 |
[11:07] | but he used to come back | 但他出差回来的时候 |
[11:08] | from those business trips reeking of lamb. | 总有一股羊骚味 |
[11:11] | And people would send figs… not even at Christmas. | 会收到人们送的无花果 而且不是在圣诞节 |
[11:14] | In the middle of October. | 是在十月中旬 |
[11:16] | Oh, and once, someone sent him a toe… | 噢 还有一次 有人送来一只脚趾 |
[11:19] | and he went white as a sheet. | 他当场脸色惨白 |
[11:21] | I think you’re right, Michael. | 我认为你是正确的 Michael |
[11:24] | Zero hour, Michael. It’s the end of the line. | 零时 Michael 大限已至 |
[11:28] | I’m the first born. Sick of playing second fiddle. | 我是头胎 受够了当二把手 |
[11:31] | Always third in line for everything. Tired of finishing fourth. | 什么事都是第三位 厌倦了当第四名 |
[11:35] | Being the fifth wheel. | 做第五轮 |
[11:37] | There are six things I’m mad about… | 有六件事我很生气 |
[11:40] | – and I’m taking over. – You want to be in charge? | – 现在我要接管 – 你想负责 |
[11:43] | – Yeah. – You want to deal with what I deal with… | – 是的 – 你想来面对我面对的 |
[11:45] | a sister who takes your money and throws it away; | 一个用你钱去打水漂的妹妹 |
[11:48] | a mother who you can’t trust; | 一个你无法信任的母亲 |
[11:50] | a company whose founder may be on trial for treason… | 一家创始人正因叛国罪受审的公司 |
[11:53] | Is that what you want? | 这就是你想要的 |
[11:56] | – What kind of vacation time does it offer? – Yeah. | – 公司怎么休假 – 呵呵 |
[12:01] | Gob realized that the | Gob意识到 |
[12:02] | power play he promised to make with Kitty… | 他答应和Kitty共谋的权力游戏 |
[12:04] | – had perhaps come at a bad time. – I’ve made a huge mistake. | – 或许不是时候 – 我犯了大错 |
[12:08] | And Tobias was having his first book reading. | Tobias正在进行第一次读书会 |
[12:10] | And, for the ease of the reader, | 为了方便读者 |
[12:11] | I have changed all the gender-related pronouns… | 我改写了所有和性别有关的代词 |
[12:14] | “He,” “She”… to the masculine “He.” | “他” “她” 变成了阳刚的”他” |
[12:17] | “The Man Inside Me. For Lindsay, my rock. | “我心中的男人 献给Lindsay 我的靠山 |
[12:22] | I could not have done this without him.” | 没有他就没有这部作品” |
[12:26] | And Lindsay arrived to support her husband. | Lindsay前来支持她的老公 |
[12:29] | “For there is a man inside me, and only when he’s finally out… | “我心中之人 只有终得释放 |
[12:33] | can I walk free of pain.” | 我方可忘却伤痛 一路前行” |
[12:36] | This book is gonna sell, like, a billion copies. | 这本书会卖到 十亿本 |
[12:40] | Lindsay! Oh, I’m so glad you came. | Lindsay 真高兴你能来 |
[12:43] | I was hoping for more women. | 我还期待能有更多女士 |
[12:44] | Perhaps I shouldn’t have just used “He.” | 或许我不该只用”他” |
[12:45] | I think that was a mistake. | 这是个失误 |
[12:46] | And Lindsay realized that Tobias | Lindsay意识到Tobias |
[12:48] | was just as oblivious as she’d always thought. | 正如她想象的那般冷淡 |
[12:51] | Tobias, I don’t think this relationship is gonna work. | Tobias 我觉得我们没法继续下去 |
[12:54] | What are you talking about? We’ve had some great times. | 你在说什么 我们有很多美好回忆 |
[12:59] | We’ve got nothing left, Tobias. | 什么都没有了 Tobias |
[13:02] | And Michael went to confront his father. | Michael去找他爸对质 |
[13:04] | You’re building houses in Iraq? | 你在伊拉克建房 |
[13:06] | I mean, do you know how they punish treason? | 你知道他们怎么惩罚叛国罪的吗 |
[13:08] | – First time. – I’ve never heard of a second. | – 初犯 – 谁有再犯 |
[13:11] | Oh, I’ve got the worst… attorneys. | 我的律师太[哔]差劲了 |
[13:13] | This is why I didn’t want | 所以我不想让你 |
[13:14] | to get you involved, but we can fix this. | 卷进来 我们能搞定此事 |
[13:16] | What are Kitty’s demands? What does she want? | Kitty有什么条件 她想要什么 |
[13:17] | She wants my job. | 她想要我的工作 |
[13:18] | Suddenly everybody wants my job, and I should’ve given it to her. | 忽然间所有人都要我的工作 我干脆给她得了 |
[13:21] | You mean, you didn’t? Michael! | 你是说你没有 Michael |
[13:23] | She has the evidence of what we did over there. | 她有我们在那边从事活动的证据 |
[13:25] | No, all she thinks it is is unpaid taxes. | 不 她以为是欠税什么的 |
[13:27] | Yeah. What if she gives it | 要是她把情报给了 |
[13:28] | to someone who’s even moderately intelligent? | 稍微有点脑子的人 |
[13:31] | In fact, Kitty had gone to someone moderately intelligent… | 事实上 Kitty去见了一个稍微有点脑子的人 |
[13:35] | in her continuing quest for control of the Bluth Company. | 继续为接管布鲁斯公司而努力 |
[13:37] | I can’t believe you called me for a date. | 你居然会打电话约我 |
[13:39] | You didn’t tell anyone, did you? | 你没告诉别人 是吧 |
[13:41] | Are you kidding? I don’t need to brag… | 开玩笑吗 我不需要炫耀 |
[13:45] | that some people haven’t even been on a date! | 有些人甚至没约会过 |
[13:48] | Day not over yet, fatty. | 今天还没完 死胖子 |
[13:49] | You weren’t thinking clearly. I mean, none of us are. | 你没想清楚 我们都没有 |
[13:52] | We need bread. | 我们得吃饭呐 |
[13:53] | If this information was so damaging, | 如果这些资料会有如此严重后果 |
[13:55] | why didn’t you just shred it? | 你当初为何不销毁 |
[13:56] | Well, Saddam owed us money. | 萨达姆还欠我们钱 |
[13:59] | You didn’t realize that he wouldn’t pay? | 你没想过他会赖帐 |
[14:02] | Your mom had a good feeling about him. | 你妈对他感觉很好 |
[14:04] | So Mom knew this entire time, | 这么说妈一直知情 |
[14:07] | and she just lied to my face for months and months? | 这些个月她一直当面对我撒谎 |
[14:09] | Let me tell you something, Dad. | 我跟你说 爸 |
[14:10] | This is… This is your problem. Okay? Not mine. | 这是你的问题 行吧 不是我的 |
[14:13] | Well, maybe it wouldn’t be my problem | 也许根本不成问题 |
[14:14] | if you did what I asked for once in your life… | 如果你生平就这一次按我说的去做 |
[14:17] | – and you gave Kitty what I asked you to! – Once in my damn life? | – 照我的请求满足Kitty – 生平就这一次 |
[14:20] | All I’ve ever done my entire life | 我这一辈子 |
[14:22] | is do exactly what you told me to, all right? | 都是照你的吩咐在做 好吧 |
[14:23] | I’ve done everything for this family, Pop. | 我为这个家打理一切 |
[14:25] | Not anymore. Kitty can have my job. | 够了 Kitty可以接替我 |
[14:28] | And you can take your own polygraph test, ’cause I’m done. | 你自己去测谎 我不干了 |
[14:30] | – I’m done with you, and I’m done with the business. – Great. | – 我受够了你 受够了这生意 – 好啊 |
[14:34] | I’m gonna get a lethal injection | 我要注射死刑 |
[14:36] | because my son won’t eat a potato. | 因为我儿子不吃土豆 |
[14:41] | George Sr., in a surprise move… | 老George出人意料地 |
[14:43] | volunteered to take the polygraph. | 自愿测谎 |
[14:45] | – So did you swipe the sedative from the infirmary… – No! | – 你从医务室偷了镇静剂 – 不 |
[14:47] | – to lower your heart rate? – No! It’s okay. I want to do this… | – 来降低心律 – 不 没事 我想做 |
[14:50] | because I want people to know I never willfully deceived anyone. | 因为我要让人知道我从未有意欺瞒任何人 |
[14:53] | Mistakes were made, but I never intended to hurt anyone! | 错已铸成 但我无意伤害任何人 |
[14:56] | I was trying to support my family! | 我只是要养家 |
[14:58] | He doesn’t appear to be on a sedative. | 他不像用过镇静剂 |
[14:59] | But I can see clearly now… | 但现在我清楚的看到 |
[15:01] | sitting in this chair, strapped to this machine, | 坐在这张椅子上 绑在这些机器上 |
[15:02] | I can see that my life has become a failure! | 我看到我的人生失败了 |
[15:06] | I’ve let people down, let myself down. | 我辜负了别人 辜负了自己 |
[15:09] | But I love my country! I love it here! | 但我爱我的祖国 我爱它 |
[15:12] | You can shop… I love my… Can’t breathe. | 你能买 我爱我的 透不过气了 |
[15:15] | – I can’t breathe! – Wait! Wait! Are you guilty? Yes or no? | – 我没法呼吸了 – 等等 你有罪吗 有还是没有 |
[15:19] | – I think he’s having a heart attack. – That was not a nod. No. | – 他心脏病发了 – 不是点头 不 |
[15:22] | – That was not a nod. – Call an ambulance! | – 不是点头 – 叫救护车 |
[15:29] | – Oh, how is he? – Stable. | – 情况如何 – 稳定了 |
[15:33] | But they don’t know if he’s due for another one. | 但他们不确定是否会再犯 |
[15:35] | It’s his own fault. | 全怪他自己 |
[15:37] | What kind of diet is this? It’s too much meat. | 这是什么饮食 太多肉 |
[15:39] | I want all of you off this immediately. | 我要你们立马停止 |
[15:43] | Except you. | 除了你 |
[15:46] | Tobias! I can’t believe you came! | Tobias 你真的来了 |
[15:48] | Oh, come on, Lindsay. This is my family. | Lindsay 这是我的家人 |
[15:52] | And Lindsay realized that perhaps they did have something left… | Lindsay意识到了他们之间仅存的 |
[15:55] | a real connection. | 一家之亲 |
[15:57] | Also, Dale, one of the gentlemen from my reading… | 还有 Dale 读书会上认识的一位男士 |
[15:59] | is a nurse here, so we were able to park right out front. | 是这里的护士 我们能把车停在门口 |
[16:04] | Oh! Barry. Did you talk to a doctor? | Barry 你跟医生谈过了吗 |
[16:06] | I did. I have poison oak. | 是的 我染上了毒葛 |
[16:09] | Do you believe it? Where the hell did I get that? | 你相信吗 我从哪沾到的 |
[16:13] | – She was talking about George. – No, he’s the same. | – 她是说George – 他还是老样子 |
[16:17] | Look, I guess we should decide | 我们应该决定 |
[16:18] | who’s gonna speak for the family. I would… | 谁来代表这个家对外发言 我愿意 |
[16:21] | but I have Laker tickets. | 但我要看湖人队的比赛 |
[16:24] | Buster knew this was his chance… | Buster意识到这是他的机会 |
[16:26] | to put Kitty’s coup d’etat in action. | 实施Kitty的政变 |
[16:28] | He wondered if he was up for it. | 但他内心犹豫 |
[16:30] | Someone might have to sign the “Do not resuscitate” Form. | 有人得签这个”不抢救”协议 |
[16:33] | And he decided he wasn’t. | 最终打消了念头 |
[16:35] | I need to make a telephone call. Get out of something. | 我需要打个电话 取消一些事情 |
[16:38] | I’m in charge now. | 现在我负责 |
[16:41] | I speak for this family. | 我代表这个家 |
[16:43] | I mean, l-I could, if you wanted me to. | 我是说 我可以 如果你们愿意 |
[16:46] | I’d rather not, obviously. Don’t know what I’d say. | 我其实不想 不知道我要说什么 |
[16:49] | Why do I have to be the one? I don’t need this. | 为什么是我 我不需要这样 |
[16:52] | Why does this have to become my problem? No. I’m out. | 为什么要变成我的问题 不 我不干 |
[16:54] | Forget it. Find somebody else. I’m sick of it. | 想都甭想 另找他人 我受够了 |
[16:57] | I’m sick of doing | 受够了为这个家 |
[16:57] | – everything for this family. – Where is Michael? | – 打理一切 – Michael哪儿去了 |
[17:01] | – Typical. – Did somebody call him? | – 他总这样 – 有人打电话给他了吗 |
[17:03] | In fact, they hadn’t. | 事实上 他们没有 |
[17:05] | And at that moment, he was determined to finally get… | 就在那时 他终于决定尽可能 |
[17:07] | – as far away from his family as possible. – Hey, pal. | – 远离他的家 – 嘿 |
[17:10] | – Pack your bags. – Where are we goin’? | – 收拾行李 – 我们去哪儿 |
[17:12] | Anywhere. Joshua Tree, space camp, the Baseball Hall of Fame… | 随便 国家公园 太空营 棒球名人堂 |
[17:15] | Everything you and I have always wanted to do | 我们一直想做的事 |
[17:17] | but haven’t been able to because of this family. | 但为了这个家一直做不成的 |
[17:19] | – We’re just gonna go? – Yeah. | – 我们就这么走 – 对啊 |
[17:21] | And I don’t know if we’re even gonna come back. | 不知道我们会不会回来 |
[17:22] | – There’s nothing keeping us here. – Well, Dad… | – 没什么值得留下来的 – 爸 |
[17:25] | – I like it here. – What the hell’s going on with you lately? | – 我喜欢这里 – 你最近是怎么了 |
[17:29] | I wanted to watch Hindsight, and you weren’t there. | 我想看有你的节目 你不在 |
[17:31] | I want to pack up and desert the family, and you don’t want to. | 我想打包上路 离家而去 你不干 |
[17:35] | – Is it this new girlfriend? – No, it… | – 是新女友的关系吗 – 不 |
[17:38] | It’s because of the family. I like the family. | 是因为这个家 我喜欢这个家 |
[17:42] | I mean, if we leave, | 我是说 要是我们走了 |
[17:43] | – who’s gonna take care of these people? – I don’t know. | – 谁来照顾这些人 – 我不知道 |
[17:45] | The state or the police. | 国家或者警察 |
[17:47] | Maybe the Magicians’ Alliance will pick up some slack. | 或许魔术师协会来收拾烂摊子 |
[17:50] | Hey. That’s gonna be them, and they’re gonna want something. | 是他们打来的 他们有事相求 |
[17:53] | We’re not answering that. | 我们不接 |
[18:02] | Hello? | 喂 |
[18:05] | – Where’s George Michael? – Exactly. Where is he? | – George Michael哪去了 – 是啊 人呢 |
[18:08] | Ever since he’s been dating | 自从他开始跟无脸小姐 |
[18:09] | this Annie McNo-face, he’s been blowing me off. | 约会 就一直放我鸽子 |
[18:11] | – Oh, hey. Where’s Pop-Pop? – Room 212. | – 外公在哪 – 212房 |
[18:15] | And that’s when Maeby decided… | 就在此时Maeby决定 |
[18:16] | And that’s when Maeby decided… | 就在此时Maeby决定 |
[18:18] | that perhaps she could use her uncle to make her cousin jealous. | 或许她能利用叔叔让表哥吃醋 |
[18:23] | Hey, Dad. Wait up. | 爸 等等 |
[18:25] | That was a waste of time. | 浪费时间 |
[18:32] | How’s he doin’? | 他如何 |
[18:33] | He’s hanging in there. | 还是老样子 |
[18:35] | He keeps trying to get this I.V. Out of his arm. | 他老想把这个点滴拔掉 |
[18:36] | I don’t understand why. | 我不知道为什么 |
[18:38] | It’s just glucose. | 只是葡萄糖 |
[18:40] | We’re all trying to stay away from sugar. | 我们都在努力戒糖 |
[18:44] | He’s gonna be okay, right? | 他会好起来 是吧 |
[18:45] | Absolutely. Absolutely. You all right? | 是的 你没事吧 |
[18:48] | I’ll handle this one, Michael. | 交给我 Michael |
[18:51] | Don’t you worry. | 不用担心 |
[18:52] | It’ll take a lot more than a heart attack to kill that old bear. | 区区一次心脏病还要不了那头老熊的命 |
[18:56] | Old bear! | 老熊 |
[18:58] | He likes the honey! | 他喜欢蜂蜜 |
[19:01] | He never got a chance to see my bee business take off. | 他再没机会看到我的蜜蜂生意起飞 |
[19:04] | Hey, come on, now. Dad’s gonna be around another 30 years, Gob. | 好啦 爸还要活三十年 Gob |
[19:07] | Your business, uh, might not. | 你的生意 可能还起飞不了 |
[19:12] | You’re a good brother, Michael. | 你是一个好兄弟 Michael |
[19:15] | Heart attack never stop old Big Bear. | 心脏病阻止不了老大熊 |
[19:18] | I didn’t even know we were calling him Big Bear. | 我都不知道会叫他大熊 |
[19:21] | – We never had a chance to! – Hey, hey. Come on, Gob. | – 我们以前都没机会 – 拜托 Gob |
[19:25] | Everybody, I’m very sorry, | 大家 我很抱歉 |
[19:27] | okay? I feel awful. I should have been here. | 行吗 我很过意不去 我应该早点来 |
[19:29] | I was the one that was supposed to | 应该是我去接受 |
[19:30] | take that polygraph test, and then I just turned on him… | 测谎 然后我跟他吵 |
[19:32] | and then this happened, but never again, okay? | 结果变成这样 不会再发生 好吗 |
[19:34] | I will never, ever leave this family, no matter what. | 我绝不会 不会离开这个家 无论怎样 |
[19:40] | – You should’ve been here. – I feel like I covered that. | – 你早该来 – 我觉得我提到了 |
[19:44] | Well, you didn’t say it. | 你没说 |
[19:45] | I feel awful. I should have been here. | 我过意不去 我应该早点来 |
[19:47] | Maybe you’re right. Maybe I didn’t say it. | 或许你是对的 也许我没说 |
[19:48] | I should have been here. | 我应该来 |
[19:52] | – Excuse me, Mr. Bluth. – Hmm? | – 打扰一下 Bluth先生 – 嗯 |
[19:56] | We lost him. | 我们失去他了 |
[19:59] | He just, uh, got away from us. I’m sorry. | 他离开了我们 抱歉 |
[20:04] | Uh, can we go in there? | 我们能进去吗 |
[20:06] | If you want. Not a lot to see. | 如果你愿意 没太多可看 |
[20:09] | Maybe not for you, but for us. | 那是对你来说 对我们 |
[20:27] | And that’s when the family | 这时全家 |
[20:28] | realized that George Sr. Wasn’t dead… | 意识到老George不是死了 |
[20:31] | but was fleeing the country that he loved so very much. | 而是逃离了这个他深爱的国家 |
[20:42] | Pack your bags. | 收拾行李 |
[20:44] | On the next season of Arrested Development. | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[20:47] | The family grapples with the news they had just heard. | 全家在努力消化他们刚得到的消息 |
[20:50] | Why would a doctor say he’s “Gone” When he means he’s escaped? | 为什么医生会用”失去” 其实是说逃走 |
[20:52] | God, I’ve missed bread. Mmm. | 天哪 我怀念面包 |
[20:54] | Wouldn’t you say, “He left out the window’… | 干嘛不说 “他从窗户出去了” |
[20:58] | or, “The room’s empty.” | 或者 “房间空了” |
[21:00] | Maeby’s life gets a little more complicated. | Maeby的生活变得有些复杂 |
[21:02] | It’s so obvious. He gave himself | 太明显了 他给自己打针 |
[21:03] | the shot to make it look like a heart attack. | 让自己看起来像心脏病发作 |
[21:05] | – How could they not see that? – Maybe we should kiss again… | – 他们怎么会没发现 – 或许我们应该再亲一次 |
[21:07] | and teach them a lesson about obvious. | 教教他们 什么叫明显 |
[21:11] | And Kitty helps George Sr. Escape. | Kitty协助老George逃走 |