时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything… | 故事是关于一个原本富裕的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice… | 其中一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 欢迎收看<发展受阻> |
[00:18] | Michael was heading off to work when his son, George Michael… | Michael正要去工作 这时候他儿子George Michael |
[00:22] | – reminded him of a yearly tradition. – Hey, don’t forget me. | – 提醒了他这个每年的传统 – 爸 别把我落下 |
[00:26] | – For what? – It’s Bring Your Daughter to Work Day. | – 做啥 – 今天是带闺女上班节 |
[00:28] | And unless you had a daughter I don’t know about, I’m your girl. | 除非你有个我不知道的女儿 要不我就是你闺女 |
[00:31] | Michael had first made this joke when George Michael was six. | George Michael六岁的时候Michael第一次开了这个玩笑 |
[00:34] | Well, she’s not my daughter, | 各位 这虽然不是我闺女 |
[00:35] | but it’s about as close as I’m gonna get. | 但是我儿子不是闺女胜似闺女 |
[00:37] | I’m a good little girl. | 我是个听话的小女孩 |
[00:39] | It was a joke Michael was starting to grow concerned about… | 这是个让Michael越来越担心的笑话 |
[00:43] | – as it had not worn well with age. – Hey, Dad. | – 因为年龄的增长并没有让儿子失去兴趣 – 爸 |
[00:46] | They’re out of sanitary napkins in the ladies’ washroom. | 女厕所的卫生棉用完了 |
[00:52] | Weird kid. | 怪孩子 |
[00:53] | I don’t think this year’s such a good idea. | 我觉得今年这节咱还是别过了 |
[00:54] | You know you’re getting older and… | 你看你也长大了 |
[00:56] | Yeah, right. Pretty soon I’m | 是啊 马上我就 |
[00:57] | going to have to start wearing a bra. Right, Dad? | 发育得可以穿胸罩了呢 是吧 爹 |
[00:59] | – All right, give me one minute. – Really, let’s not this year. | – 等我一会儿 – 我说真的 今年这节别过了 |
[01:03] | I cannot kill this joke. | 我没法扼杀这个玩笑 |
[01:05] | Hey, shouldn’t you be getting dressed? | 丫头 你咋还不换衣服呢 |
[01:07] | Nope. I’m going with my dad to work today. | 不用换 我今天跟我爸去上班 |
[01:09] | Hey, peanut butter cup. | 好吧 花生酱小姐 |
[01:11] | This is work? Watching entertainment news? | 这就是上班 看娱乐新闻 |
[01:13] | Well, excuse me, Michael, | 不好意思啊 Michael |
[01:14] | for not raising the perfect daughter that you did. | 我没能教出像你一样”完美”的闺女 |
[01:16] | I indulged this ritual for years in Boston. | 我这些年在波士顿一直这么惯着她 |
[01:19] | As a psychotherapist, Tobias | 作为一名心理咨询师 Tobias先生 |
[01:21] | was on the forefront of the self-esteem movement. | 一直是自我解放运动的先驱 |
[01:23] | There’s, like, this longing, this pull. | 有一种类似于渴求或者说是欲望 |
[01:27] | I mean, does that make me, you know, like some kind of… | 会让我看起来像个 |
[01:30] | – Homosexual. – Maeby, please. | – 同性恋 – Maeby 不许瞎说 |
[01:35] | She’s right though. You probably are a homosexual. | 但是她说的对 你可能确实是个同性恋 |
[01:40] | So, Maeby, this is what you’re gonna do this year? | 那Maeby你今年就准备这么过了 |
[01:41] | You’re gonna watch him watch TV? | 陪他看电视 |
[01:42] | Behind the scenes at Entertainment Tonight. | 在今夜娱乐秀的幕后 |
[01:45] | Oh, bless her. It’s like she knew what I was going to do next. | 真是我闺女 都知道我接下来要干嘛 |
[01:49] | It’s here! Girls with Low Self-esteem – Newport Beach. | <自暴自弃的女孩之纽波特比奇>闪亮登场 |
[01:54] | From the act I did on the beach over spring break. | 就在我春假做表演的那个海滩 |
[01:56] | – Any magician… – Gob had done a magic show… | – 任何魔术师 – Gob做了场魔术 |
[01:59] | where he had made the Bluth family yacht… disappear. | 他把布鲁斯家族的游艇变没了 |
[02:03] | It was spring break, | 当时正值春假 |
[02:04] | and the act was filmed for the popular video series… | 正好赶上知名影视作品 |
[02:07] | Girls with Low Self-Esteem. | <自暴自弃的女孩>的拍摄 |
[02:10] | This puts me back on top of the old magic career though. | 这回这录像能让我重回魔术事业巅峰 |
[02:13] | You’re not gonna put that in. There’s nudity on that. | 你不是打算把这段放上吧 那里边露点了 |
[02:16] | Maeby, why don’t you go upstairs and get dressed? | Maeby 去上楼换衣服 |
[02:17] | I must warn you, Michael. | 我得好心提醒你 Michael |
[02:18] | She doesn’t respond well to strict directives. | 她这孩子吃软不吃硬 |
[02:21] | All right. | 遵命 |
[02:23] | – That was odd. – Not really. Kids love boundaries. | – 奇了怪了 – 这有啥 小孩吃这一套 |
[02:26] | Look at these girls. Is this what you want? | 瞧瞧这些疯丫头 你觉得女孩就该这样 |
[02:28] | – Oh, God, no. – ‘Cause | – 当然不是 – 那么 |
[02:29] | this could be where your daughter is headed. | 这可能就是你闺女的发展方向 |
[02:31] | Oh, no, no. I don’t want this for Maeby either, no. | 不行 我也不想Maeby这样 |
[02:33] | Oh, here it is. Here it is. | 到了到了 |
[02:35] | It was a wild time on the beach. | 海滩上即将上演雷人秀 |
[02:37] | And if you like magic, look away. | 如果你喜欢看魔术的话 那还是别看了 |
[02:41] | The only thing this guy could make fly away was the crowd. | 这废柴除了能吹走观众 其它都是妄想 |
[02:46] | Douche chill. | 脸都丢到姥姥家了吧 |
[02:48] | I can’t believe they used that part. | 他们太不讲究了 |
[02:51] | The one part where I screw up. | 居然只留下了我丢人那部分 |
[02:53] | It’s not like they used | 他们居然没用 |
[02:54] | the part where I made the yacht disappear. | 我把游艇变没了那部分 |
[02:55] | Sunk the yacht. Blew it up, sunk it. | 是弄沉了 炸掉然后沉了 |
[02:58] | – We sure did. – We? No. | – 我们已经炸了它了 – 我们 你错了 |
[03:00] | I gave you permission to use the yacht. You blew it up. | 我把游艇的使用权给你 你把它炸了 |
[03:03] | Yeah, well, if you give someone permission to use a tissue… | 好吧 但是如果你让人用纸巾 |
[03:05] | you can’t be upset if they blow their nose. | 那你就不能因为他用纸擦鼻涕失望 |
[03:07] | Right? I mean, right? | 对吧 你说我说的对不对 |
[03:11] | Lindsay, new outfit? | Lindsay 这是新衣服吧 |
[03:12] | No, I’ve had this for years. It’s a hand-me-down from Mom. | 不是 我早就有了 这是从妈那传下来的 |
[03:15] | – Got a price tag right there. – Is there? | – 后边还有价签呢 – 有么 |
[03:17] | Oh, I guess she wanted me to have something new. Sweet old thing. | 我猜那她是想给我件新衣服吧 好心的老人家 |
[03:21] | Only two of those words describe Mom, | 老妈只是个老人家 |
[03:23] | so I know you’re lying to me. | 所以我知道你在骗我 |
[03:25] | Fine. I bought it before we went broke, | 好吧 这衣服是咱破产前我买的 |
[03:27] | okay? I just haven’t worn it yet. | 行了吧 我就是一直还没穿过 |
[03:29] | – What about the outfit yesterday? – Old Thing gave it to me. | – 那昨天那套呢 – 别人不要了给我的 |
[03:33] | Where are you getting all the money? | 你从哪弄的钱 |
[03:34] | It’s not costing you anything. | 我又没花你钱 |
[03:36] | Unless you’re stealing or working, I’m pretty sure it is. | 除非你偷的或者上班挣的 要不肯定是我的钱 |
[03:38] | That’s right. I stole it. | 行 那我就是偷的钱 |
[03:40] | In fact, Lindsay, tired of wearing last year’s fashions… | 事实是 Lindsay穿腻了去年新款 |
[03:43] | went to an upscale department store | 所以她去了一家高端服饰店 |
[03:45] | and in a moment of desperation… | 过了会儿眼瘾以后 |
[03:47] | – applied for a job. – Can I have a job application please? | – 申请了份工作 – 请问你们招人么 |
[03:49] | But she was ashamed of being a shopgirl… | 但是她觉得当导购太丢人 |
[03:51] | and was relieved when Michael gave her the out. | 正好Michael这么一说她顺着台阶就下来了 |
[03:54] | Well, they expect a certain amount of theft, | 商家倒是希望能多丢几件 |
[03:55] | Michael. It’s built into the price. | Michael 他们给衣服定价的时候已经把被盗的损失算进去了 |
[03:57] | If I didn’t take it, then people would be overpaying for nothing. | 就算我拿了这衣服 对他们也不会有啥影响 |
[04:00] | You’re telling me that you walked into a store… | 你的意思是你进了一家商店 |
[04:01] | and without anyone noticing took an entire outfit? | 偷摸地就拿走了一整套衣服 |
[04:04] | There’s no way that you could do sleight of hand that well. | 你的手不可能那么灵活 |
[04:07] | I don’t even think that I could do it. | 我觉得我都办不到 |
[04:08] | Yeah, I’ve seen your tape. | 看完你那录像我就知道你不行 |
[04:09] | – Lindsay, this is appalling. – What’d you use for misdirection? | – Lindsay 你太让人意外了 – 你用什么手法来迷惑众人的 |
[04:14] | – Misdirection? – Yeah, I mean, if you’re so good at magic… | – 迷惑众人 – 是啊 你要是魔术技巧这么高超 |
[04:17] | what’d you have them looking at to divert their attention? | 那你用什么来转移他们的注意力 |
[04:20] | I don’t know… my ass. | 我也不知道 我的屁股吧 |
[04:22] | – My ass. You’re lying. – No, I’m not. | – 我的屁股 你在说谎 – 才没有 |
[04:24] | – You’re gonna take that back. – No, I’m not. | – 你得把这衣服还回去 – 我不 |
[04:26] | This has nothing to do with you. You’re not my father. | 这跟你一毛钱关系都没有 你又不是我爹 |
[04:29] | No, our father is in prison for stealing, remember? | 说的对 咱爹就是因为偷东西进的监狱 |
[04:31] | Which might not be a bad | 你要是不还回去 |
[04:32] | – place for you to get used to. – Michael… | – 早晚也得赴老爹的后尘 – Michael |
[04:34] | it was shoplifting, and I’m white. | 我就是用了偷天换日神功 而且没被抓 |
[04:35] | – I think I’m going to be okay. – Shoplifting? | – 我不会进监狱的 – 偷天换日 |
[04:38] | – Cool. Can you take me? – No. Hey, not cool. You know what? | – 这个好 带我一起去呗 – 美得你 我跟你说 |
[04:42] | Maeby, you’re gonna come with me to work today. | Maeby 你今天跟我去上班 |
[04:44] | You’re gonna be my daughter. | 你给我当一天闺女 |
[04:45] | You’re gonna have a role model in your life who is honest… | 我要给你树立一个诚实的 |
[04:47] | who doesn’t steal, doesn’t lie and, | 不偷东西 不撒谎 |
[04:49] | I don’t know, watch entertainment news. | 不是只会看娱乐新闻的人生典范 |
[04:53] | Michael, don’t worry about it, okay? She’s not gonna go with you. | Michael 别瞎操心了 她不会跟你去的 |
[04:56] | – Okay. – Great. | – 好吧 我们走 – 这才是好孩子 |
[04:58] | That was odd. | 真奇了怪了 |
[04:59] | I’m going to teach you two | 你们两个甩手掌柜似的 |
[04:59] | a little something about hands-on parenting. | 爹妈学着点吧 |
[05:03] | Hey, Dad! | 爹地 |
[05:04] | Do you think this purse goes with this outfit? | 你觉得这钱包和这衣服搭不搭 |
[05:08] | – Where’d my dad go? – Douche chill. | – 我爸上哪去了 – 你被抛弃啦熊孩子 |
[05:12] | And so Michael took his niece to Bring Your Daughter to Work Day. | 就这样 Michael带着他的外甥女过带闺女上班节 |
[05:16] | You can just drop me off at the mall. | 你在购物中心把我放下就行 |
[05:17] | Oh, no, you’re-you’re really coming with me. | 那可不行 你今天得跟我一起上班 |
[05:20] | You’re gonna learn a little something about hard work. | 你得好好了解下什么叫勤奋工作 |
[05:24] | Hey, Maeby! Maeby! | 回来 Maeby Maeby |
[05:28] | Okay, so you can run faster than me. But you can’t make me work. | 你赢了 你跑得比我快 但不代表你可以强迫我工作 |
[05:33] | No one’s making you do anything, you know. | 没人会强迫你做什么事 |
[05:35] | It’s just a chance for us to | 这只是个让我们 |
[05:36] | spend some time together. Learn about business. | 增进了解的机会 学点东西 |
[05:39] | You know, you might find that | 你也许会有意外惊喜 |
[05:40] | you’re good at things you didn’t even know about. | 开发出自己的特殊潜能也说不定啊 |
[05:46] | See that? Who knew you were such a good little climber? | 看吧 以前谁知道你能爬这么快 |
[05:50] | Now listen, let’s make this fun, okay? | 听着 咱得把这变成一种乐趣 |
[05:51] | We’re family. | 我们是一家人 |
[05:53] | What is better than hanging out with family? Hmm? | 没有什么比跟家人一起更好的 不是么 |
[05:56] | Oh… It’s my mother. | 哎呀 是我老妈 |
[05:59] | – Hi. – She called you, huh? | – 嗨 – 她叫你过来的 |
[06:01] | I guess I’m not good enough to be her husband. | 我就知道我当不了她老公 |
[06:03] | What? What’s going on? | 你说啥呢 什么情况 |
[06:05] | Okay. Mother wants someone to go to my soccer game with. | 是这样 老妈想让人陪我去踢足球 |
[06:08] | She don’t want other soccer moms think that she a single mother. | 她不想让别人知道她是单亲妈妈 |
[06:11] | – She old school. – I liked it better when he just said annyong. | – 真是个老古董 – 我更喜欢他只会喊”你好” |
[06:15] | Hey, Mom, why can’t Buster pretend to be your escort? | 妈 为啥Buster就不能陪你去呢 |
[06:18] | That’s the way he’s got it in all his cartoons. | 这样他就能当真人版的卡通英雄了 |
[06:19] | They already know he’s my son. | 他们已经知道他是我儿子了 |
[06:21] | I wouldn’t go even if you asked. | 就算你叫我也不回去 |
[06:22] | You didn’t let me play soccer as a child. | 我小时候你根本没让我踢过球 |
[06:23] | Why should I have to sit and cheer Annyong? | 为啥我就得坐这逗Annyong |
[06:25] | Annyong never cheers me. | Annyong从来没逗过我 |
[06:27] | Go, fatty. | 加油 死胖子 |
[06:30] | Stop it! He’s your little brother! | 住手 他是你弟弟 |
[06:33] | No, he’s not! I came out of you! He didn’t! | 才不是呢 我是你生的 他又不是 |
[06:35] | Can you not call me with these little things, please? | 以后这么点小事你就别找我了 行不 |
[06:38] | The office is a mess. I still haven’t replaced Kitty. | 办公室乱成一团 我还没找到人接替Kitty |
[06:41] | Michael had recently fired | Michael最近解雇了 |
[06:42] | his father’s longtime assistant, Kitty. | 他爸爸的长期助理 Kitty |
[06:45] | Did you hear that everyone? Michael Bluth is threatening me! | 各位你们听到了么 Michael Bluth威胁我 |
[06:47] | – Shh, shh, shh. – It had not been a clean break. | – 嘘 – 炒鱿鱼的过程并不愉快 |
[06:49] | So, I’ve got a lot of work to do. | 因此 我有一堆事要做 |
[06:50] | Plus, it’s Bring Your Daughter to Work Day. | 再加上 今天是带闺女上班节 |
[06:52] | – Oh, where is George Michael? – I told him not to come. | – 这样啊 George Michael呢 – 我告诉他别跟着 |
[06:55] | l-I thought it was more important to bring Maeby this… | 我觉得今年带着Maeby过会比较好 |
[07:00] | Damn it! Can’t you just find somebody else, | 这小兔崽子又跑了 你就不能找别的 |
[07:02] | please, to look like your husband? | 跟你老公长的像的人么 |
[07:04] | In fact, there was someone else | 实际上 确实有这么个别人 |
[07:06] | who looked like Lucille’s husband… | 长得像Lucille的老公 |
[07:07] | – his twin brother, Oscar. – Lucille. | – 他的双胞胎哥哥 Oscar – Lucille |
[07:10] | And although she knew it was | 尽管她知道 |
[07:11] | – wrong to play with his heart… – Oscar, it’s Lucille. | – 玩弄人家的感情是不对的 – Oscar 我是Lucille |
[07:15] | she really didn’t want to go to the soccer game alone. | 她是真的不想自己去足球赛 |
[07:17] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[07:21] | And back at the model home… | 回到样板房 |
[07:23] | three of the Bluth men struggled with their manliness. | 布鲁斯家的三个老爷们正在因为男子气概纠结着 |
[07:26] | You know, I make jokes about being a daughter for my dad. | 我当年跟我爹开了个玩笑说我想当他闺女 |
[07:29] | I know I’m a man. It’s his insecurity, not mine. | 我知道我是个爷们 这让他感到不安全 而不是我 |
[07:31] | There’s no security at that store. | 那商店估计根本没有安全保障 |
[07:32] | That’s how she was able to shoplift. | 所以她才能做到偷天换日 |
[07:34] | They probably don’t have a regular security guard. | 他么大概连常规的保安都没有 |
[07:36] | Well, of course I could get a job as a security guard. | 其实我可以去当保安的 |
[07:40] | I mean, if I have to have a job to impress my daughter. | 如果我必须得通过上班来向我闺女传递正能量的话 |
[07:42] | If she needs something that butch. | 前提是她真的需要一点阳刚之气 |
[07:44] | Yeah. I can hang out with my uncles. | 对啊 我可以跟我叔叔们一起玩嘛 |
[07:46] | Three men. What’s butcher than that? | 三个老爷们 还有比这更阳刚的了么 |
[07:47] | – I’m going to the mall. – Me too. | – 我要去购物中心 – 我也是 |
[07:50] | Yeah, maybe a new pair of shoes will cheer me up. | 我也去 没准买双新鞋能让我振作起来 |
[07:53] | And now I’m filling out an expense report… | 现在我正在填一份支出报告 |
[07:55] | so I can sleep well at night knowing that I have been honest. | 这样我就能因为自己是个诚实的人而睡个好觉了 |
[08:00] | You’re not asleep. | 你没睡着 |
[08:01] | – I was. – You were not. | – 我刚才睡着了 – 说谎 |
[08:03] | I would like to see if | 我真想看看 |
[08:04] | you could go one day without telling a lie. | 你哪天不说谎是啥样 |
[08:06] | just one whole day without being like your mom. | 哪怕就一天 能不像你妈那样满嘴跑火车 |
[08:08] | – What’s in it for me if I do? – You’ll win my respect. | – 我那样能有什么好处 – 你会赢得我的尊重 |
[08:12] | – Good night. – And 50 bucks. | – 我还是睡觉吧 – 外加50块奖励 |
[08:15] | Fine. I’ll do it if you do it. | 成交 如果你也一天不说谎 |
[08:17] | – That-a-girl. This is gonna be fun. – I win. | – 这才是好孩子 这会很有意思 – 我会赢 |
[08:21] | – We’re looking for Michael Bluth? – That’s me. | – 哪位是Michael Bluth – 我就是 |
[08:25] | – I’m Michael Bluth. – I’m Officer Taylor. | – 我就是Michael Bluth – 我是Taylor警官 |
[08:27] | That is Officer Carter. | 那位是Carter警官 |
[08:28] | Our daughters, Tammy and Moni… | 我们的闺女 Tammy和Moni |
[08:30] | Oh, God, where… where did they go? | 哎呀 这俩孩子上哪去了 |
[08:32] | – I’m on it. – How can I help you? | – 我去找吧 – 我有什么能效劳的么 |
[08:34] | Well, we’re here investigating | 我们是来调查 |
[08:35] | the disappearance of Kitty Sanchez. | 有关Kitty Sanchez的失踪案的 |
[08:38] | Apparently, you’re the last person to see her… alive. | 很显然 你是她生前 |
[08:43] | Or around town or whatever. | 或者离开小镇或者其他什么之前见过的最后一个人 |
[08:45] | I don’t know anything about that. I do know that, | 我毫不知情 我只知道 |
[08:47] | uh…she was my secretary, uh, but she left. | 她曾经是我的秘书 但是她离职了 |
[08:51] | Or l-I fired her. | 或者说 我把她炒了 |
[08:53] | Did you ever threaten her? | 你恐吓过她么 |
[08:55] | No, no. God, no. Of course not. | 没有 这个真没有 |
[08:56] | Michael Bluth is threatening me! | Michael Bluth威胁我 |
[08:59] | I did. I threatened her at a restaurant. | 我是在一家餐馆吓唬过她 |
[09:02] | – But, you know… it’s a restaurant, so… – Yep. | – 但是你也知道 只是家餐馆 – 诚实最美丽 |
[09:08] | Certainly she’s been seen since then? | 所以说那之后她就失踪了 |
[09:10] | Not alive. | 或是死了 |
[09:13] | Or dead or whatever. | 反正就是生死未卜 |
[09:15] | We’d love to speak with you down at the station. | 我们希望你能到警局录个口供 |
[09:17] | Sure. Uh, you know, l-l-I’m happy to cooperate. | 当然 我很乐意配合 |
[09:20] | But I really don’t know anything more than you know. | 但是我确实提供不出来其他的信息了 |
[09:23] | I certainly didn’t… didn’t kill her and drop her in a back bay. | 我不可能杀了她 然后把她扔到后湾 |
[09:29] | Boy, I hope that’s not what happened to her | 老兄 我希望这不是她遭遇的 |
[09:30] | I’m sure it isn’t. | 当然不能是 |
[09:32] | Please send Officer Davis and Little Hanna to the back bay. | 让Davis警官和小Hanna去后港看看 |
[09:35] | So you killed Kitty, huh? | 所以说 你杀了Kitty |
[09:37] | No, I didn’t kill Kitty. | 没有 不是我 |
[09:39] | But I will go down to the | 但是我会配合警方合作 |
[09:40] | station and answer those nice men’s questions. | 去警局回答那些好人的问题 |
[09:42] | You know why? Because I have | 你知道为啥么 因为我 |
[09:43] | no secrets to hide. Because I’m an honest man. | 没啥好隐瞒的 因为我是个诚实的人 |
[09:47] | And apparently a fun one. | 而且还是个风趣幽默的人 |
[09:48] | Let’s go see what’s going on in the back room. | 一起去看看后边那屋里怎么了吧 |
[09:50] | Were those the last words Kitty ever heard? | 这不会是Kitty死前听的最后一句话吧 |
[09:53] | No. I will not kiss her. | 没门 我不会亲她的 |
[09:55] | Hey, hey, guys, what are you doing? | 兄弟们 这是做啥呢 |
[09:57] | It’s Bring Your Daughter to Work Day. | 今天可是带闺女上班节 |
[09:59] | – Yeah, that’s my Caitlin. – Okay. | – 没错啊 那就是我闺女Caitlin – 好吧 |
[10:01] | There is work to be done. Can we get back to it? Thank you. | 还有工作在等着我们 各位咱回去做正事吧 |
[10:05] | Oh, and has anybody, uh, seen or heard from Kitty lately? | 你们最近有没有人见过或是联系过Kitty |
[10:09] | I think that’s her right behind you there. | 我觉得你身后那个就是她 |
[10:13] | Oh, my God. That is Kitty. | 天啊 那就是Kitty |
[10:14] | And that’s the boat that Uncle Gob blew up. | 这就是Gob叔叔炸掉的那艘游艇 |
[10:17] | Hey, now you have something to tell them at the station. | 好了 这回你在警局可有话说了 |
[10:26] | Tobias sought out a security position at the nearby mall. | Tobias在附近的购物中心找到了个保安的活儿 |
[10:29] | I do know stage combat if the | 我很擅长武打戏码 |
[10:31] | partner is willing and a bit more petite than I. | 如果搭档配合而且比我矮小的话 |
[10:34] | But I have a daughter to impress and I need this job. | 但是我要给我闺女树立榜样 我需要这份工作 |
[10:38] | Well, it’s gonna be a couple of days | 你得等一段时间 |
[10:40] | before we can get you a gun license… | 才能拿到枪支执照 |
[10:43] | so you’ll have to use mine. | 所以你暂时得用我的枪 |
[10:46] | Wow! | 这么酷 |
[10:48] | Meanwhile, Gob had taken George Michael on a mysterious errand. | 与此同时 Gob带着George Michael开始了一段神秘旅程 |
[10:51] | What are we getting? Is it something for a magic trick? | 我们要找什么 是变魔术用的小东西么 |
[10:54] | – In a way. – That’s cool. | – 可以这么说 – 帅呆了 |
[10:56] | You know, it’s so great to be hanging out with you. | 我跟你说 跟你出来的感觉特别棒 |
[10:59] | There are certain things that I can | 有好多事我能跟你说 |
[11:00] | talk to you about that I can’t really with my dad. | 但却不能告诉我爹 |
[11:02] | Like, uh, were-were you ever awkward around girls? | 比如说 你在女孩面前会变笨拙吗 |
[11:06] | What do you mean? Like if there | 怎么讲 你是说3P的时候 |
[11:09] | were three of us and I didn’t know where to start? | 不知道从哪里下手 |
[11:10] | No, I think I did pretty well. | 那我肯定没干过这傻事 |
[11:12] | Not a lot of complaints, if you know what I mean. | 没人抱怨我那方面的能力 |
[11:14] | At least not from the girl. | 至少女孩们没抱怨 |
[11:16] | You’re saying I should just be myself? | 你是说我应该保持自我么 |
[11:18] | And he had to drive her home. | 最后他还得送她回家 |
[11:19] | So I think I did pretty good. Pretty damn good. | 所以我觉得我是高手 高手中的战斗机 |
[11:23] | – Hey, guy. – Yes, sir? | – 老板 – 客官您吩咐 |
[11:24] | How many mice will $13 buy? | 13块钱能买多少只老鼠 |
[11:28] | And at the prison, George Sr. Had a surprise visit. | 监狱里 老George迎来了一位不速之客 |
[11:31] | I just wanted to check in and make sure you’re aware… | 我就是想确认一下 让你知道 |
[11:33] | that your ban on organized sports in this family | 你对家里的团体运动禁令 |
[11:35] | has been violated. | 已经被取缔了 |
[11:37] | Ban on organized sports? | 团体运动禁令 |
[11:39] | You know, how you wouldn’t | 就是那些我小时候 |
[11:40] | let me sign up for anything when I was a kid. | 你不让我报名参加的那些团体运动 |
[11:42] | Is that what you’ve been thinking all these years? No, no. | 你这些年都是这么想的 那并不是我本意 |
[11:45] | You were… You were just a turd out there, you know? | 你当年是烂泥扶不上墙 |
[11:47] | You couldn’t kick and you couldn’t run. | 不能踢又不能跑 |
[11:49] | You know, you were just a-a turd. | 你当年就是坨废柴 |
[11:52] | Prison has destroyed the way you talk. | 监狱让你说话好粗鲁 |
[11:55] | If that’s what it takes to impress | 如果这就是监狱里的人带给你的影响 |
[11:56] | these guys around here, then they are not your friends. | 那他们根本算不上你的朋友 |
[11:58] | Anyway, Annyong’s playing soccer, | 总之 Annyong就可以踢足球 |
[12:00] | but I guess I should just ignore it. | 算了 我还是别庸人自扰了 |
[12:02] | Look the other way as Mom and Uncle Oscar | 另一方面 老妈和Oscar叔叔 |
[12:04] | and Annyong have the perfect little family… | 跟Annyong组成了个快乐的小家 |
[12:05] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, | 等会儿 等会儿 |
[12:07] | wait, wait, wait. Oscar? My brother Oscar? | 你说谁 Oscar 我哥Oscar |
[12:09] | – Oscar’s been coming around? – No touching! | – Oscar来了 – 禁止身体触碰 |
[12:11] | No touching. No touching. | 不碰 不碰 |
[12:14] | You listen to me. | 你给我听着 |
[12:15] | You’ve got to take care of this Oscar situation. | 你得好好处理Oscar这事 |
[12:16] | You get him out of there, all right? | 你去把他赶走 听见没 |
[12:18] | You make him wish that he’d | 你让他以后再也不敢 |
[12:19] | never shown that ludicrous head of hair… | 顶着那一脑瓜子杂毛 |
[12:21] | and that nice face of his. | 配着那张好看的脸出现 |
[12:25] | – I will do it, Dad. – Good. Put her there. | – 我知道了 爸 – 好孩子 握个手 |
[12:27] | – No touching! – Oh! | – 禁止身体接触 – 吓死我了 |
[12:30] | Her self-esteem is through the roof. | 这娃总是忍不住管事儿 见谅哈 |
[12:33] | And Michael arrived at the police station with Maeby. | Michael和Maeby一起来到了警局 |
[12:36] | I got here as quickly as I could. | 一听到信儿我就马上过来了 |
[12:38] | – I didn’t know you had a daughter? – I don’t. | – 我都不知道你还有个闺女 – 我没有闺女 |
[12:40] | I thought you wanted me to call you Daddy? | 我以为你愿意让我叫你爹地呢 |
[12:42] | Why don’t you wait for Daddy in the car? | 你到车里去等爹地好不好 |
[12:45] | – All right. What do we have here? – Gob sunk the yacht. | – 言归正传 什么情况 – Gob把游艇弄沉了 |
[12:49] | The last time Kitty was seen, | Kitty最后出现的时候 |
[12:50] | she was getting onto it. It’s on tape. | 就是正往游艇里走 录像带都记录下来了 |
[12:52] | – Ooh! Did you see this? – Yep. | – 原来如此 你当时看见他烧船了么 – 当然 |
[12:55] | Ooh! Chills. Why do I keep getting these bruises? | 哎呀 真惊悚 我怎么总是青肿 |
[13:00] | – Barry! – Okay. Until we get all the facts… | – Barry你正经点 – 好吧 在我们了解全部事实之前 |
[13:03] | don’t say anything that can incriminate you. | 不要说任何会把你牵连进来的话 |
[13:05] | Or me. Just try to keep me out of this. | 或者牵连到我 尽量让我置身事外 |
[13:08] | – Lie. Both of you. – No, what are you talk… | – 撒谎 你俩都得撒谎 – 不行 你说啥呢 |
[13:10] | We don’t lie in this family. | 我们这家人不说谎的 |
[13:11] | – Maeby, why don’t you get a soda? – Okay. | – Maeby 你去买点汽水喝 – 好的 |
[13:15] | If I lie in front of her, it costs me 50 bucks. | 如果我在她面前撒谎 我就得掏50块钱 |
[13:17] | I do think that we should lie. | 但是我还是觉得我们得撒谎 |
[13:20] | Meanwhile, Lindsay was at work… | 与此同时 Lindsay正在上班 |
[13:22] | and starting to getjealous | 对于她闺女和Michael |
[13:23] | that her daughter was at work with Michael. | 一起上班开始有点嫉妒 |
[13:25] | Hello, Michael. I know you think I’m such a horrible mother… | 嘿 Michael 尽管我知道你认为我是个特不称职的母亲 |
[13:28] | but I was just seeing how my daughter was doing at work. | 但我还是要问问我闺女工作的情况 |
[13:30] | Uh, she’s, um, she’s making lots of friends already. | 哦 她 额 她已经交了很多朋友呢 |
[13:35] | – Can you help me there, please? – It was at this moment… | – 你帮我去看着点她 – 正在这时 |
[13:38] | that Gob and George Michael arrived at the store. | Gob和George Michael到达了商店 |
[13:40] | They say what you will look about America… | 人们总会问 你觉得美国怎么样 |
[13:42] | 13 bucks stills gets you a hell of a lot of mice. | 13块钱依然能买到一大堆老鼠 |
[13:44] | Who said anything bad about America? | 谁说美国不好了 |
[13:46] | No. Well, I meant… So what are the mice for? | 我也就这么一说 你买这些老鼠要干啥啊 |
[13:49] | Oh. No, that’s just for misdirection. | 哦 买来就是为了分散别人注意力的 |
[13:51] | We’ll see who the sleight-of-hand artist is in this family. | 我倒要看看谁才是家里拥有灵活之手的艺术家 |
[13:55] | Okay, now when I yell “Mice!” I want you to open this box… | 所以 当我大喊”有老鼠” 你要把这盒子打开 |
[13:58] | and I’m gonna start | 然后我就开始 |
[13:58] | – stuffing some shirts down your pants. – Shirts? | – 把这些衬衫塞进你裤子里 – 衬衫 |
[14:01] | – Gob, are we shoplifting? – Mice! | – Gob 我们这是在练偷天换日神功么 – 有老鼠 |
[14:04] | Mice! Call security! | 老鼠 快叫保安 |
[14:06] | Michael, I’m not as bad an influence | Michael 我对孩子的影响 |
[14:08] | – as you think I am. – Well, you’re not a great one. | – 并没有你想的那么坏 – 反正你不是个正面典型 |
[14:10] | You’re a criminal, Lindsay. What kind of message does that send? | Lindsay 你就是个罪犯 你说你这样能传递啥正面信息 |
[14:12] | Bluth. We’re ready to question you now. | Bluth 我们已经准备好你的聆讯了 |
[14:15] | That’s what I am, Michael. I’m a shoplifter! | 我就是这样的人 Michael 我就是个在商场偷东西的 |
[14:17] | I’ve got a whole bag of clothes I shoplifted. | 我偷了整整一大包衣服 |
[14:19] | But Tobias was now a guard. | 但是Tobias现在是保安 |
[14:23] | And a surprisingly catlike one. | 而且还出人意料地猫一样矫健 |
[14:25] | – Wow. I guess we didn’t need the mice. – Freeze… | – 额 我猜我们都不需要那些老鼠 – 别动 |
[14:33] | While the rest of the Bluths were in police custody… | 当布鲁斯家其他的人都在警局里押着的时候 |
[14:35] | Lucille was with her brother-in-law. | Lucille正和她大伯在一起 |
[14:37] | I am blown away that you… | 当你给我打电话的时候我简直不敢相信 |
[14:39] | that you called me and that we’re-we’re together. | 现在能跟你在一起我简直心花怒放 |
[14:41] | And my camper made it all the way up here. | 然后我的野营车一路就拉着我过来了 |
[14:43] | Do you think it’s safe over there? | 你觉得我把车停那安不安全啊 |
[14:45] | Because I only have a hanger for a lock. | 我就只上了一把锁 |
[14:47] | What are they gonna take, | 你能丢啥 |
[14:49] | the one can of Comet you’ve got in there? | 车里那野营的破罐子啊 |
[14:51] | Oh, your tongue is as sharp as your body is still taut. | 你这外表和毒舌都跟青春期少女一样啊 |
[14:56] | What are you doing? | 你丫干啥呢 |
[14:57] | Oscar, this is a children’s soccer game, not Woodstock. | Oscar 这是个孩子们的足球赛 可不是伍德斯托克音乐节 |
[15:02] | That was another era, huh? The music and the pot. | 那可真是个令人怀念的时代 音乐赞 大麻爽 |
[15:06] | Will you excuse me? | 我失陪一会儿 |
[15:07] | I need to go to my camper for just a quick sec. | 我得回我野营车那看一眼 |
[15:16] | Open. | 门没锁 |
[15:20] | – Hey, Uncle. – Hey, Buster. | – 叔叔好 – 呦 是Buster啊 |
[15:28] | No, no, no. | 天啊 真舒服 |
[15:30] | – No, no, no. – No, no, no. | – 叔我给你按按 – 你就老实让我给你按吧 |
[15:34] | No! No! No! I came here to say something. | 等会儿 我来是有话跟你说 |
[15:37] | You do not belong here. My mother’s been spoken for. | 你不应该待在这里 我妈是有夫之妇 |
[15:40] | You know, I may never | 尽管我可能从来 |
[15:41] | have played organized sports, but I am a man. | 没参加过团体运动 但我是个爷们 |
[15:45] | – Buster. – And I’m afraid I’m gonna have to ask you to leave. | – Buster – 我恐怕得要求你离开这里 |
[15:50] | Okay. But, uh, I never meant to break up your family. | 我离开可以 但是我从没想过要破坏你的家庭 |
[15:53] | Your mom called me for a reason. And I don’t think she’s happy. | 你妈妈给我打电话是正经事 我觉得她过得不开心 |
[15:57] | No, she’s happy. She’s just mean all the time. | 才不呢 她很开心 只是她一直都是个刻薄老太而已 |
[16:06] | Uh, no, no, no, Uncle, let me get you. I’m a man. Move. | 哦 真舒服 叔我给你按按 我是个爷们我得克制自己 撤 |
[16:13] | Michael submitted to the detective’s questions. | Michael在探长的问题轰炸下屈服了 |
[16:16] | You haven’t seen any evidence of | 你一点都不知道 |
[16:17] | Ms.Sanchez or where she might have gone? | Sanchez女士的下落或是她可能去哪么 |
[16:19] | I have, uh, no idea. None. | 我真的不知道 一丁点都不知道 |
[16:22] | Are you willing to take a polygraph to that effect? | 你愿意接受测谎么 |
[16:26] | – Are you nuts? – Not without a better lawyer. | – 你傻么 – 等我有好一点的律师再说 |
[16:31] | You’re holding out on us! | 你在拖延我们办案的进度 |
[16:33] | Fantastic. Now Emma’s awake. | 这下好了 Emma醒了 |
[16:35] | – You know what? Let me take care of this. – Please. | – 行了 我还是去看孩子吧 – 多谢 |
[16:43] | Kitty had evidence against your father, | Kitty掌握了对你父亲不利的证据 |
[16:44] | and you didn’t want that to come out. | 你不想让这些证据被发现 |
[16:46] | But now you’ve got bigger problems, my friend. | 但是现在你摊上大事了 |
[16:48] | So why don’t we make a deal? | 所以啊 我们来订个协议怎么样 |
[16:49] | I give you evidence against my father, | 你不是想让我把对我爹不利的证据给你 |
[16:51] | and you pretend that I didn’t kill Kitty? | 然后你假装我没杀害Kitty吧 |
[16:53] | I mean, l-I didn’t kill Kitty. | 我的意思是 我本来就没杀她 |
[16:57] | Hello. Oh, hey, George Michael. | 你好 哦 是你呀 George Michael |
[17:01] | Uh, I’m sorry. In your pants? | 你说啥 在你裤子里 |
[17:03] | I’ll be right there. Um, my son has an emergency. | 我马上到 那个 我儿子遇到点紧急情况 |
[17:08] | You know, there’s a Grover book… I Can’t Hold It In. | 芝麻街有本书叫<无法隐瞒> |
[17:12] | Worked for us. | 就是说我们 |
[17:15] | Buster emerged from Oscar’s trailer | Buster离开Oscar的拖车的时候 |
[17:17] | with a newfound sense of manliness… | 对男子气概有了全新的认识 |
[17:20] | and then received a serendipitous gift. | 接着就收到了一份意外惊喜 |
[17:24] | Kick it back! | 把球给我们踢回来 |
[17:27] | – If you can kick, fatty. – I’m a man. | – 死胖子你会不会踢啊 – 哥是个汉子 |
[17:40] | What are you doing? Get off the field! | 你抽什么疯 快离开比赛场地 |
[17:43] | Are you crazy? | 你这孩子疯了吗 |
[18:02] | And Buster realized he may have just scared away a man… | Buster忽然意识到 他可能刚刚赶走了一个 |
[18:05] | who supported him | 能像他一直期盼的 |
[18:06] | in the way he’d always hoped his own father would. | 像爸爸一样鼓励他的男人 |
[18:17] | And Michael headed over to the mall. | Michael直奔购物中心 |
[18:19] | – So what the hell is this? – Hey, | – 这到底怎么回事 – 爸 你来啦 |
[18:21] | Dad, I didn’t know we were shoplifting, okay? | 我当时也不知道我们那是在偷东西 |
[18:23] | Shoplifting? What’s the matter with you, Gob? | 偷东西 你怎么回事啊 Gob |
[18:25] | What’s the matter with me? She’s the shoplifter! | 我怎么回事 她才是练偷天换日神功的人好吧 |
[18:28] | – I wasn’t shoplifting, you twit. – Yes, thanks to me. | – 我才没去偷东西 你个呆子 – 是的 多亏了我 |
[18:31] | No. I work here. | 才不是 我在这上班 |
[18:34] | At least I used to. They fired me | 至少我当时是在上班 他们把我炒了 |
[18:35] | because they thought I was helping this idiot shoplift. | 因为他们觉得我在帮这傻帽偷东西 |
[18:37] | Also, they said I wasn’t a very good salesgirl. | 而且 他们还说我做导购不称职 |
[18:41] | You can’t be serious? | 你不是要穿这个出去吧 |
[18:45] | A salesgirl. | 导购员 |
[18:46] | I knew it! I knew you couldn’t pull it off. | 我就说嘛 我就知道你不可能练就偷天换日神功 |
[18:48] | There’s only one magician in this family and that is me. | 这家里有且仅有一个魔术师 那就是本尊我 |
[18:51] | And you got caught by a 13-year-old girl. | 然后你就被一个13岁的女孩抓住了 |
[18:54] | You know, this is why I’m | 看吧 这就是我一直要求 |
[18:55] | constantly asking you to stay away from my son. | 你离我儿子远点的原因 |
[18:57] | Yeah, well, it’s not like | 但你 |
[18:58] | you were there to spend any time with me, Dad. | 也没有花时间陪我啊 老爸 |
[18:59] | Because I’m not daughter enough for you. | 因为我并不是你称职的女儿 |
[19:02] | George Michael, um, I’m always there for you, okay? | George Michael 我永远都会在你身边 |
[19:06] | It’s just you’re getting a little | 只不过现在的你对于 |
[19:07] | too manly for Bring Your Daughter to Work Day. | 带闺女上班节来说 有点太阳刚了 |
[19:09] | Dad, that’s what makes it funny. | 所以啊爹 这才是好玩之处嘛 |
[19:11] | I also wanted to give Maeby a good role model for a change. | 而且我还想给Maeby树立一个良好的人生典范 |
[19:14] | Yeah, well, I guess, you looking | 好吧 我懂了 你带Maeby过节 |
[19:15] | out for her is probably something she could use. | 是为了她好 |
[19:18] | Where is Maeby? | Maeby在哪 |
[19:20] | Michael realized he had to get to the police station… | Michael才反应过来 他得在这帮人找到Maeby之前 |
[19:22] | before they got ahold of Maeby, | 赶到警局 把那个 |
[19:24] | to whom he’d promised $50 to tell the truth. | 他答应给50块就说真话的丫头带回来 |
[19:27] | I’ve put a bounty on my own head. | 我可真是搬起石头砸自己的脚 |
[19:29] | But Maeby’s instincts to lie returned. | 然而Maeby撒谎的天性又回归了 |
[19:34] | Hey, you can’t go in there. | 嘿 你不能进去 |
[19:35] | No, it’s okay. I’m Detective Fellows’s daughter. | 没事的 我是Fellow探长的女儿 |
[19:38] | Oh. Oh, sorry. It’s four-three-five. | 哦 不好意思 密码是435 |
[19:41] | And that opens any door in the building. | 这个密码在这栋楼里是通用的 |
[19:42] | Great. Thanks. | 太好了 谢谢你 |
[19:50] | And it was there that Maeby | 就在那 Maeby找到了 |
[19:51] | discovered the key to Michael’s freedom. | 能让Michael摆脱嫌疑的不二法门 |
[19:54] | Well, I appreciate your honesty. | 我很欣赏你的诚实 |
[19:56] | Maeby. What-What-What’d she say? | Maeby 她说啥了 |
[19:58] | I said there’s a tape of Kitty | 我说有一卷带子 |
[19:59] | getting on the boat and that you guys blew it up. | 录下了Kitty上了游艇 然后你们把船炸了 |
[20:01] | I told them the truth, like you told me. | 我说出了事实真相 就像你说的那样 |
[20:04] | That-a-girl. | 真是个好姑娘 |
[20:06] | That’s right. That’s, uh, that’s the truth. | 她说得对 那就是事实 |
[20:08] | That’s everything that we know. | 这就是我们所知道的全部 |
[20:11] | You’re free to go. | 你可以走了 |
[20:16] | Great. Here we go. | 好的 我们走吧 |
[20:22] | – What the hell just happened? – Relax. They got nothing on you. | – 刚刚那怎么回事 – 放轻松 他们根本没掌握你的任何证据 |
[20:25] | They’re bluffing. Kitty’s alive. I just saw her in the back room. | 他们就是在试探你 Kitty还活着 我刚在后面的屋里看见她了 |
[20:28] | They just wanted to get you scared, | 他们就是想让你慌了 |
[20:29] | so you’d testify against Pop-Pop. | 这样你就能帮他们给外公定罪了 |
[20:32] | Unbelievable. Oh, that’s great. | 还带这样的 算盘打得真精 |
[20:34] | You just told them the truth, they let us walk. | 你刚把事实告诉他们了 所以他们就让咱走了 |
[20:37] | – I guess I owe you 50 bucks, huh? – Yeah. I’d save your money. | – 我觉得我应该给你50块钱 – 我还是给你省点钱吧 |
[20:40] | Kitty’s got a lot of evidence, | Kitty掌握了大量的证据 |
[20:41] | and she thinks that you tried to kill her. | 她认为你曾试图要杀了她 |
[20:43] | So you’re probably going to need a better attorney. | 所以你也许真的需要一个好点的律师了 |
[20:50] | Lo siento. | 不好意思啦 |
[20:52] | I hate Bring Your Daughter to Work Day. | 我讨厌带闺女上班节 |
[20:55] | On the next Arrested Development. | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[20:58] | Tobias loses his security job | Tobias因为解决商场里的老鼠问题不力 |
[20:59] | trying to solve the store’s mice problem. | 丢了保安的工作 |
[21:03] | Lindsay, now without a job, goes with her initial instinct. | Linsay没了工作以后 开始遵循她的盗窃天性 |
[21:08] | Mom, we’re gonna be late for practice! | 妈 快点 我们训练要迟到了 |
[21:10] | – And Annyong exacts his revenge. – Where is everybody? | – Annyong开始了他的报复 – 人都上哪去了 |
[21:13] | Heads up, fatty! | 抬头 死胖子 |