时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything… | 故事是关于一个原本富足的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice… | 其中一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 这就是<发展受阻> |
[00:18] | Before going to work, Michael decided to have a little fun. | 在上班前 Michael决定找点乐子 |
[00:21] | I’m doing a little cost-projection analysis for a mini-mall. | 我在做迷你商场的成本预算 |
[00:25] | Wow. That’s pretty cool you know how to do all that stuff. | 哇 你居然会做那个 好酷 |
[00:28] | Yeah. Well, maybe your old man | 是啊 大概你老子 |
[00:30] | is just a little bit cooler than you thought he was. | 比你想象的要酷一点 |
[00:34] | Stupid. Stupid chair. Very stupid chair. | 破 破椅子 这破椅子 |
[00:38] | But it’s also this stupid model home furniture. | 不过也是这破样板房的家具 |
[00:42] | Maybe I oughta get myself | 也许是时候 |
[00:43] | one of those nice leather chairs from work. | 从单位里给自己弄把皮椅子了 |
[00:45] | – People can take chairs home from work? – Well, not everybody. | – 大家可以把单位的椅子搬回家 – 不是人人都可以的 |
[00:48] | But I’m the president of the Bluth Company since Dad’s in jail. | 不过你爷爷入狱了 我就当上了布鲁斯公司的总裁 |
[00:51] | It’s okay if I take a little something from work, you know? | 我从公司揩点小油没事的 明白么 |
[00:54] | Yeah, but isn’t that why Grandpa’s in jail, | 嗯 可是爷爷会被关进去 |
[00:56] | because he took things from work? | 不就是因为挪用了公司的财物 |
[00:58] | You’re a good kid, you know that? | 你真是个好孩子 你知道吗 |
[01:01] | I mean, a chair costs money, | 椅子要花钱 |
[01:03] | so it’s like stealing, and you always say… | 所以这不就是盗窃吗 你总说 |
[01:04] | Not stealing. Not. | 不是偷窃 不是 |
[01:06] | I’m the one that taught you stealing is bad, all right? | 是我教你偷窃可耻的 好吧 |
[01:11] | I’m just saying, you know, if I got a leather chair, okay? | 我只是说 如果我有了张皮椅 |
[01:14] | And I get to lean back… Oh, this one’s gonna go. | 我就能往后靠 噢 这个要倒了 |
[01:19] | Leather chair? So, you’re against stealing, | 皮椅 哦 你反对偷窃 |
[01:22] | but skinning cows is cool with you. | 剥奶牛皮你倒不觉得有问题 |
[01:24] | I’m fine, by the way. | 顺便说 我没事 |
[01:26] | Frankly, your concern is getting embarrassing. | 说实话你关注的事越发不怎么样了 |
[01:29] | Since when are you against leather? | 你什么时候开始反对皮草产业的 |
[01:30] | You’re not even a vegetarian. | 你连素食主义者都不是 |
[01:32] | I’m not against the insides. People need meat to survive. | 皮下面的东西我管不着 人不吃肉没法活 |
[01:35] | You are aware they don’t | 你明白牛肉不是 |
[01:36] | remove it from the cow surgically, right? | 从奶牛身上做手术取下的吧 |
[01:41] | Hi, Michael. | 嗨 Michael |
[01:42] | Marta, hi. Hey, it’s Marta. | Marta 嗨 嘿 Marta来了 |
[01:45] | Hey, Marta, everybody. Great to see you. | 大伙儿 Marta来了 你能来真好 |
[01:49] | – I was just looking for Gob. – Well, you’re his girlfriend. | – 我来找Gob – 啊对 你是他女友 |
[01:52] | Michael wished Marta was his girlfriend. | Michael巴不得Marta是他女友 |
[01:54] | A secret he had only shared with Lindsay. | 这事他只和Lindsay说起过 |
[01:57] | Actually, we had a big fight. | 我们其实刚大吵了一架 |
[01:59] | He thought I was belittling his career… | 他觉得我看轻了他的事业 |
[02:00] | – but I never would do that. – Neither would I. What career? | – 可我绝对不会那么做 – 我也不会 哪门子事业 |
[02:04] | – The magic? – Oh, the tricks. The little tricks. | – 魔术 – 噢 把戏 小把戏 |
[02:07] | – Those are great. – Well | – 那些很赞 – 呃 |
[02:09] | he didn’t like my reaction to his new one. | 我对他最新作品的反应惹到他了 |
[02:11] | Real needle. Real apple. | 真针棒 真苹果 |
[02:14] | Real neck. | 人肉脖子 |
[02:20] | Es zombi! | 僵尸啊 |
[02:23] | They’re children! How could you do that? | 他们还小 你怎么能这样呢 |
[02:26] | Oh, sure. First you dump all over it, | 好啊 你先把这说得一文不值 |
[02:28] | now you wanna know how it’s done. | 现在倒有兴趣看看怎么回事了 |
[02:30] | – And I wanted to apologize. – Well, he hasn’t been here. | – 我想和他道歉 – 他不在这里 |
[02:33] | But he said he was staying here. Oh, my God. | 可是他说他呆在这里 我的天 |
[02:37] | – Maybe he’s staying with another woman. – No, no, no. No, no. | – 兴许他和别的女人厮混在一起 – 不 不 不会的 |
[02:39] | He is staying here. I just haven’t seen him here… | 他呆在这儿 只是我没见着他 |
[02:43] | the foyer or the kitchen. | 没在厅里或厨房里见着他 |
[02:45] | – Well, that’s a relief. – Yeah. | – 哦 那真叫我松一口气 – 是啊 |
[02:48] | Well, tell him to call me when he gets in. | 麻烦等他回来转告他打给我 |
[02:50] | I sure will, Marta. | 我会的 Marta |
[02:52] | – If you remember. – I will remember. | – 你记得的话 – 我忘不了的 |
[02:55] | Yeah. I’ll give him the message though. Okay. | 嗯 我会把话带到的 好的 |
[02:58] | – She’s gone. – Yep. Got it. | – 她早走了 – 是 知道了 |
[03:00] | – You are too nice. – Oh, come on. What was I supposed to do? | – 你太老好人了 – 省省吧 不然我该怎么做 |
[03:03] | Tell her that Gob is not staying here? | 和她说Gob不在这儿 |
[03:04] | Tell her Gob is screwing around on her? | Gob背着她乱搞 |
[03:06] | God knows where he is? Actually, that-that sounded okay. | 天晓得他人在哪儿 好吧 那样说也不过分 |
[03:10] | Nah, you’ll never be able to do it. You’re too good. | 不行 你做不来的 你太纯良了 |
[03:12] | – You’re the noble one. – Thank you. | – 你是圣人 – 谢谢 |
[03:14] | – The one who never wins. – l-I don’t know about that. | – 永远赢不了的那种 – 这可不一定吧 |
[03:16] | – The loser. The fool. – Hmm? | – 输家 被卖还帮数钱的 – 啊 |
[03:22] | She is such a hypocrite. Doesn’t it drive you nuts? | 她好能装啊 你不觉得能把人逼疯了吗 |
[03:24] | – Crazy. Wait. Who is? Which part? – My mom. | – 绝对的 等下 说谁 什么事 – 我妈啊 |
[03:27] | She pretends to care about all these causes. | 她搞得好像对这些事情有多在意似的 |
[03:29] | Lindsay had always been celebrated… | Lindsay总能凭着她办的 |
[03:32] | for her wine and cheese charity fund-raisers. | 美酒奶酪集资晚宴而出尽风头 |
[03:39] | I mean, now she’s anti-leather? | 现在她决定反皮草了 |
[03:41] | Let’s see how she feels when her daughter’s pro-leather. | 我倒要看看她晓得自己女儿支持皮草的时候什么反应 |
[03:44] | Wanna go shopping with me? I bet you could get something cool. | 要和我一起去购物吗 你肯定能买到些酷玩意儿 |
[03:47] | In fact, George Michael had been trying to prove to Maeby… | 实情是George Michael一直想向Maeby证明 |
[03:51] | that he was macho, after an embarrassing brush with her. | 他是个男子汉 在被她小小嘲弄了一番后 |
[03:54] | Your legs look exactly like mine, and I just shaved mine. | 你的腿和我的一模一样诶 我的还刚刮过 |
[03:59] | So I’m thinking of getting a motorcycle. | 我想弄辆摩托车来玩玩 |
[04:01] | I’m gonna need a leather jacket when | 我需要一件皮夹克 |
[04:03] | I’m on my hog and need to go into a controlled slide. | 当我跨着机车漂移的时候 |
[04:06] | There’s my little girl. I’ve got great news. | 我的宝贝女儿在这儿呢 我有好消息 |
[04:09] | Daddy has the entire day off. | 老爸今天休息 |
[04:11] | But you have every day off. You don’t have a job. | 你不是天天放假的吗 你又没工作 |
[04:13] | Well… I don’t need money to | 嗯 我不需要备好钱 |
[04:15] | hang out with my daughter. Where are you going? | 才能和女儿一起玩 你去哪儿 |
[04:17] | – We’re going shopping. – Oh, no, no. I can’t do that. | – 我们去购物 – 哦 不 这个不成 |
[04:20] | The next day, Michael was stopped on his way to work. | 第二天 Michael在上班的路上被拦住了 |
[04:24] | – Get in. – What? | – 上车 – 什么 |
[04:26] | If you care about your brother, you’ll get in this car. | 如果你在意你的兄弟 就乖乖上车 |
[04:30] | – Which brother? – Gob. | – 哪个兄弟 – Gob |
[04:43] | Let me be clearer. | 我不妨把话说得再明白些 |
[04:45] | Tell him Rollo wants him to say good-bye to his legs. | 告诉他Rollo要他和自己的腿告个别 |
[05:02] | – Michael went looking for Gob. – Mom. | – Michael动身去找Gob – 妈 |
[05:04] | I’m so glad you’re here. | 你来了我好开心 |
[05:06] | I want you to help me break up your brother and his girlfriend. | 我要你帮我把你兄弟和他女友拆散了 |
[05:08] | Well, I’m all for that. We’ve just gotta find him first. | 这事我相当支持 不过我们得先找着他 |
[05:11] | – He’s locked on the balcony. – Oh. | – 他被锁在阳台上呢 – 哦 |
[05:14] | You meant Buster. I thought you were talking about Gob. | 你说的是Buster 我以为你讲的是Gob |
[05:17] | No. I will not have Buster dating my best friend. | 不 Buster和我闺蜜谈恋爱这种事 我实在看不下去了 |
[05:20] | Tension had been high between the two Lucilles… | 两位Lucille之间有些剑拔弩张 |
[05:23] | since Buster had announced he’d been dating her. | 自从Buster宣布他要约她出来 |
[05:26] | Although neither had addressed this, | 尽管谁也没有谈及此事 |
[05:28] | both had given indications of their true feelings. | 大家也没把真实感受藏太牢 |
[05:30] | Mom, you’re ruining our fort. | 妈 你把我们的堡垒毁了 |
[05:32] | I mean, she’s been a family friend for years. | 她是我们的故交 已经好多年了 |
[05:34] | It’s just… creepy. | 这事叫人起鸡皮疙瘩 |
[05:37] | Hi, buddy. Mom, I think you might be overreacting. | 嘿 兄弟 妈 我觉得你的反应太过了 |
[05:41] | She changed him as a baby. | 她把他当婴儿那样换尿布 |
[05:43] | Okay. That-That’s about the creepiest thing I’ve ever heard. | 好吧 比这更叫人竖汗毛的事是没听说过 |
[05:46] | That’s why she didn’t look surprised. | 怪不得她一点也不诧异 |
[05:49] | You’re the only child who chose a spouse I liked, | 你们几个的对象里就你的我看得顺眼 |
[05:51] | and she’s the one who had to die. | 她居然还就死了 |
[05:53] | I know. That’s rough for you. Mom, I’m looking for Gob. | 我知道 让你不好过了 妈 我在找Gob |
[05:56] | There’s some people after him, | 道上有人在找他 |
[05:57] | and I don’t know whether it’s gambling or what… | 我不知道他沾上了赌还是怎么的 |
[05:59] | but, um, they wanna break his legs. | 他们要打断他的腿 |
[06:03] | It’s a good thing he’s already got that little scooter. | 还好他早买好了小摩托 |
[06:07] | Oh, don’t give me that look. | 哦 别给我这种表情 |
[06:09] | I happen to be a more caring mother than most. | 我比大多数母亲都称职 |
[06:12] | – Where’s my bed? – I put it in storage. | – 我的床呢 – 我扔储藏室去了 |
[06:15] | I guess you’ll just have to decide | 我看你必须在我和她之间做出选择 |
[06:16] | which Lucille you want to spend your nights with. | 你只能和一个人住在一起 |
[06:19] | Okay. Before I leave this place | 好 在我最后一次离开这地方前 |
[06:20] | for the last time ever, has anyone seen Gob? | 你们谁见到过Gob吗 |
[06:24] | I saw him last night at the Playtime Pizza Theater. On my date. | 我昨晚在乐时比萨剧场看到他 约会的时候 |
[06:29] | Of which I have another one tonight. | 我今晚也有约哦 |
[06:31] | And I’m going to continue dating, Mom. | 而且我没打算停止约会 妈 |
[06:34] | Sounds a little bit like “Dating Mom.” | 听着有点像”约会妈” |
[06:36] | – It’s starting to feel a little like it. – Hmm. | – 开始觉着有点像了 – 嗯 |
[06:40] | Lucille decided she needed the help of Buster’s father. | Lucille觉得自己需要寻求Buster他爸的帮助 |
[06:44] | Unfortunately, after a recent escape attempt… | 不巧的是 在老乔治最近的一次越狱尝试后 |
[06:47] | George Sr. Had been put in solitary confinement. | 他被关了禁闭 |
[07:17] | Michael went to find his brother at his latest gig. | Michael去他哥最近的表演场子找他 |
[07:20] | – What’s up, Mike? – Yeah. What are you doing here? | – 什么事 Mike – 你在这儿干嘛 |
[07:22] | Can’t get any work, Mike. | 生意好难接 Mike |
[07:24] | Magicians’ Alliance has blackballed me… | 魔术师联盟把我除名了 |
[07:25] | – from every venue in town. – Hmm. | – 城里哪个场馆都不敢要我 – 嗯 |
[07:27] | Even my own so-called girlfriend doesn’t believe in me. | 就连我那所谓的女友都没把我当真 |
[07:29] | Well, I don’t wanna get into that part of your life anymore. | 呃 你那部分的生活 我可不要再参与了 |
[07:32] | Okay. Listen, I just came | 好的 听好了 我来只是要 |
[07:33] | here to tell you that this guy named Rollo… | 和你说 有个叫Rollo的 |
[07:35] | pulled me over and made some threats. | 把我拦在路边 威胁了一番 |
[07:37] | – What kind of threats? – He said to say good-bye to your legs. | – 怎样的威胁 – 他的原话是要你和自己的腿告个别 |
[07:40] | I don’t know whether this guy’s a mobster, a loan shark… | 我吃不准他是放人血的 还是放高利贷的 |
[07:43] | – something equally scary. – A magician. | – 还是干别的可怕行当的 – 是魔术师 |
[07:46] | I think you’re confusing scary with silly. | 你把可怕听成可笑了吧 |
[07:48] | This guy was frightening. He was in a limo. | 那人怪吓人的 座驾是辆豪华轿车 |
[07:49] | No, he’s a magician. He replaced me in the Alliance. | 不 他是魔术师 他在联盟中篡了我的位 |
[07:54] | He’s the reason I gotta do my act in this hellhole. | 就是拜他所赐 我沦落到只能在这种犄角旮旯表演 |
[07:56] | Why does he wanna break your legs? | 他为什么要打断你的腿 |
[07:57] | He doesn’t wanna break my legs. | 他没要打断我的腿 |
[07:58] | – He wants to take my legs. – l-I don’t… | – 他只是要取我的腿 – 我不 |
[08:00] | The legs… The bottom half of my saw-the-lady-in-half trick. | 腿女郎 我”腰斩美女”魔术的下半身部分的模特 |
[08:04] | No, not now. I’m showing him how to do the trick. | 现在不用 我在和他说这怎么变的 |
[08:07] | Two chicks curl up in a box. | 两个女生弯腰弓背藏在箱子中 |
[08:08] | We call one the head and one the legs. | 一个叫头 一个叫腿 |
[08:10] | So that’s how they do it. | 噢 原来是这么回事 |
[08:12] | God, I gotta stop giving these things away. | 天 我不能再出卖组织了 |
[08:14] | The top half there, what do you do about that? | 上半身部分呢 你怎么弄的 |
[08:15] | – I just get a volunteer from the crowd. – Oh, yeah? | – 我从观众中找的志愿者 – 这样哦 |
[08:18] | The old top half quit | 原先的那个不干了 |
[08:19] | when she found out I was sleeping with the legs. | 当她得知我和腿女郎有一腿的时候 |
[08:21] | I guess word really gets around in there. | 我才懂这箱子没不透风的墙 |
[08:24] | So Rollo wants your legs, | Rollo要你的腿女郎 |
[08:25] | but you’re cheating on Marta with those legs. | 而你和腿女郎还背着Marta乱搞 |
[08:27] | Would you give me a break, please? The legs are insanely jealous. | 你就放了我吧 腿女郎爱吃醋 |
[08:29] | Is that why you haven’t seen Marta | 你过去几天里都没见Marta |
[08:30] | for the past few days? This is about your love life. | 就赖这事吧 这可事关你自己的幸福 |
[08:33] | I can’t believe it. Just forget it. I came here to try to help… | 被你气死了 算了 我来是想给你帮个忙的 |
[08:36] | – Hey, I appreciate your time. – Great. Great. | – 感谢您为我抽出宝贵的时间 – 罢 罢 |
[08:42] | You know what, Gob? | Gob 你知道吗 |
[08:44] | Marta is a once-in-a-lifetime woman. She’s a treasure. | Marta是那种可遇不可求的女生 她是稀世珍宝 |
[08:47] | And I don’t think you’re showing her enough respect, okay? | 我觉得你没好好待她 明白吗 |
[08:49] | She doesn’t respect my career. | 是她没把我的事业当回事 |
[08:54] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:57] | He’s having sex with a woman in his act? | 他上了他的魔术助理 |
[08:59] | I gotta tell Marta what’s going on. | 我要告诉Marta去 |
[09:01] | First of all, she’ll hate you for it. | 第一 她不会让你好过 |
[09:03] | It’s called shoot the messenger. | 这就是传说中的送信送没命 |
[09:04] | Secondly, it’s not in your nature. | 第二 你不是这种人 |
[09:06] | I mean, you’re like Mr. Morals. | 你整个就是一道德楷模 |
[09:07] | – You can’t even take a desk chair. – Damn it. | – 你连搬张办公椅回来都有心理障碍 – 靠 |
[09:10] | l-I’m a saint, you know? I’m a living saint, | 我是个圣人啊 活圣人 |
[09:13] | and I get absolutely nothing out of it. | 只可惜什么好处都捞不到 |
[09:15] | Well, you get a false feeling of superiority. | 除了你那自欺欺人的优越感外 |
[09:17] | I know. That is nice, but this time, it’s not enough. | 我知道 那不错 只是这回 我不能安于现状 |
[09:20] | Why do I always have to be the | 为什么我总要担负起 |
[09:22] | one that has to set the good example for everyone? | 为所有人竖立好榜样的大任呢 |
[09:24] | – Hey, guys. – Oh, that’s why. | – 嘿 你们好 – 噢 明了 |
[09:30] | – Hey, Mom. – Hey, honey. | – 嗨 妈 – 嗨 宝贝 |
[09:34] | Moo? | 哞 |
[09:36] | Mmm. Moo, honey. | 嗯 哞 亲爱的 |
[09:40] | You have to be some sort of she hulk to get this. | 只有女绿巨人才挖得了这个 |
[09:43] | – You just gotta really dig. – Well, it’s not… enjoy… | – 你用力挖就行 – 这不 好玩 |
[09:46] | Oh, Maeby, great news. I got my hands on some money. | 啊 Maeby 大好消息 我搞到一笔钱 |
[09:49] | I can’t say how or when… or where my wedding ring is… | 我不能透露什么时候从哪里弄来的 还有我的婚戒去了哪里 |
[09:55] | but, my purse overfloweth as do my high spirits… | 重要的是 人逢发财精神爽 |
[09:58] | – so a-shopping we must go. – Dad, we already went. | – 上街买东西去咯 – 爸 我们已经去过了 |
[10:02] | That’s why we’re wearing all this leather. | 我们穿着的这些皮草就是刚买的 |
[10:04] | I’m really into leather. | 本小姐最中意这些皮草了 |
[10:06] | – Tell Mom. – Yes. | – 告诉妈 – 好 |
[10:10] | – If you ever need to borrow any money or anything – No. Thank you, no. | – 如果你需要借钱或是别的 – 不 谢谢 不用 |
[10:14] | So Tobias chose to pursue | 所以Tobias开始追求 |
[10:16] | – a common interest with his daughter. – May I help you? | – 他女儿所热衷的事物 – 我能帮到您吗 |
[10:18] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[10:20] | Um, I’m looking for something that says… | 呃 我想买的衣服 是那种能喊 |
[10:23] | – “Dad likes leather.” – Something that says, “Leather daddy”? | – “爸爸爱皮装” – “皮装基爸”吗 |
[10:27] | Oh, is there such a thing? | 噢 原来是有叫法的 |
[10:29] | Later that day, Michael got a surprise visit. | 那日晚些时候 天降喜讯至Michael的办公室 |
[10:32] | – What are you doing here? – I was looking for Gob. | – 你怎么来了 – 我来找Gob |
[10:34] | – He said he was working here today. – Oh, yes? Please. | – 他说他今天在这里工作 – 哦 是吗 请坐 |
[10:37] | He said that, huh? Said that he’s working, huh? Wow. Here? | 他这样说啊 说他在这儿工作 在这儿 |
[10:42] | What else did he say? Did he tell you I gave him your message? | 他还说了什么 他有没有告诉你我把你的话带到了 |
[10:45] | – Not that I’m the messenger, you know? – He told me. | – 不过我可不是哪门子信使 – 他和我说了 |
[10:48] | I don’t know what you said to him, | 我不晓得你和他怎么说的 |
[10:50] | but it really turned him around. | 但却真的让他回心转意了 |
[10:52] | – He said I was a treasure. – She’s a treasure. | – 他说我是稀世珍宝 – 她是稀世珍宝 |
[10:55] | – And a once-in-a-lifetime woman. – Mm-hmm. | – 还有是可遇不可求的女生 – 嗯 |
[10:59] | Listen, Marta, Gob is… | 听我说 Marta Gob眼下 |
[11:06] | – a poet. – Mm. | – 常会吟上两句 – 嗯 |
[11:08] | He’s touched. I’m gonna tell him that you stopped by… | 他受到了触动 我会和他说你来过 |
[11:12] | – and, uh, you have a nice day. – Thank you. | – 还有 祝你过得愉快 – 谢谢 |
[11:15] | You’re such a good brother. Always trying to help him. | 你这弟弟好到家了 处处帮着他 |
[11:18] | – He showed me the watch you gave him. – The watch? | – 他给我看了你送他的表 – 表 |
[11:22] | I appreciate your time. | 感谢你宝贵的”时间” |
[11:25] | And so, for the first time, Michael set a plan in motion… | 就这样 破天荒头一回 Michael启动了 |
[11:29] | to take something that didn’t belong to him. | “横刀夺爱”计划 |
[11:31] | You know, I was thinking, | 我在想 |
[11:33] | I’d like to help you guys out one more time. | 我想要再帮你们俩一次 |
[11:36] | You know what you should do? You should surprise Gob onstage. | 你知道你能做什么吗 在台上给Gob一个惊喜 |
[11:40] | – I know that he’s looking for a new assistant. – Really? | – 我听说他在招新助理 – 真的 |
[11:42] | – Mm-hmm. – Could you help me with that? | – 嗯 真的 – 你愿意帮我吗 |
[11:44] | – Yes. – You really are a good guy, Michael. | – 一定 – 你真是个活雷锋 Michael |
[11:49] | Well, you can’t change who you are. | 哎 想改也改不掉的本性 |
[12:07] | Michael went to the popular magic parlor… | Michael去流行魔术厅堂 |
[12:09] | the Gothic Castle, to ask a favor of Rollo. | 哥特古堡 向Rollo寻求帮助 |
[12:12] | I was wondering if, uh… if you would give my brother a show? | 我在想 有没有可能 让我哥再演一场 |
[12:18] | One more chance to get back | 给他一个重返 |
[12:19] | in with the Alliance. That’s all I ask. | 联盟的机会 我不求别的 |
[12:22] | And-And you will get your legs back. | 你的腿女郎完璧归赵 |
[12:25] | How? | 怎样办 |
[12:27] | You’re asking me to reveal my trick? | 现在轮到你要我自破招式了 |
[12:30] | So Michael went to give his brother the good news. | 于是Michael把这好消息捎给他哥去 |
[12:33] | – Really, tomorrow night? – Yeah. | – 真的 明晚 – 对 |
[12:35] | You just gotta make sure you do the sawing in half trick. | 你只管演好你的”腰斩美女”就好了 |
[12:36] | – I don’t even have a top half. – Don’t worry about that. | – 我的上半身模特怎么办 – 别担心 |
[12:38] | I got someone I want you to use. She’s perfect. | 我帮你找了一个 她绝对合适 |
[12:40] | A great girl. You’re doing me a favor. | 一个靓女 算你帮我一忙 |
[12:42] | – Has she got big cans? – I’ll see ya there, Gob. | – 她是不是很有料啊 – 到时见 Gob |
[12:46] | – You’re a good brother. – You’re a horrible brother, Michael. | – 你真是个好兄弟 – 你真是个烂兄弟 Michael |
[12:50] | Pretty good, huh? | 这招不错吧 |
[12:50] | You’re gonna put Marta onstage with the legs? | 你把Marta送去和腿女郎同台表演 |
[12:53] | It’s gonna blow up. Legs get upset. Marta gets upset. | 事情就拆穿了 腿女郎气急败坏 Marta泣到天明 |
[12:57] | Marta leaves Gob, and I don’t get shot. | Marta甩了Gob 我也不会中枪 |
[12:59] | You’ll never be able to pull the trigger on this. | 到关键时刻 你狠不下这个心的 |
[13:01] | You can’t escape it, Michael. | 你过不了自己这一关的 Michael |
[13:02] | – You’re the good guy. – Call me what you want. | – 你是个好人 – 随你怎么叫我 |
[13:04] | – An impotent man-boy? – But it is done. The plan is in motion. | – 无力乖乖男 – 计划已定 全速前进 |
[13:09] | – This just isn’t you. – It’s me now. | – 这实在不是你的风格 – 现在我就是这个风格 |
[13:11] | It’s the me that can recline. | 我现在是个跟着感觉走的人 |
[13:13] | – Did that hurt? – No. | – 痛吗 – 不痛 |
[13:18] | This stuff’s kind of hot, isn’t it? | 这东西能把人悟出痱子来了 对吧 |
[13:22] | – I hadn’t noticed. – Hey, gang. | – 我没觉着 – 哟 臭小子们 |
[13:24] | Mind if squeeze in here for a moment? Oh! | 我在你们这边挤一下 没事吧 |
[13:28] | Look at us. Who’d wanna mess with any of us, huh? | 看看我们 谁有本事敢惹我们 |
[13:34] | – Excuse me. – Yes. Oop. | – 借过 – 好 啊哦 |
[13:39] | – Did you get a job or something? – No. No, I didn’t. | – 你找了新工作吗 还是 – 没呢 |
[13:42] | Unless you consider “World’s Coolest Daddy” A job. | 除非当”最炫人父”也算一份工的话 |
[13:47] | If l… | 要是 |
[13:51] | – Hey, Dad. – Hey, buddy. You’re still wearing that jacket, huh? | – 嘿 爸 – 嘿 儿子 你还穿着那皮夹克呢 |
[13:54] | – Yeah. I was just going for a new look. – Yeah? | – 是 想换个新造型 – 是吗 |
[13:57] | Trying to introduce some edge to the whole palette. | 想活出点不一样的感觉来 |
[14:00] | – Hmm. Kind of liked you the way you were. – You did? | – 嗯 还是喜欢你原来的样子 – 是吗 |
[14:02] | Yeah. I mean, we can’t really change who we are anyway, right? | 我是说 我们改变不了自己的真性情吧 |
[14:05] | Wish you’d told me that before I threw away my Windbreaker. | 你这话在我扔了防风夹克前说多好啊 |
[14:09] | – Oh, you bought a chair. – Uh, no, | – 哦 你买了把椅子 – 不是买的 |
[14:10] | actually, I borrowed it. Like we talked about. | 我借来的 就像我和你说过的那样 |
[14:14] | Well, I thought we decided that was like stealing. | 我以为我们说好了 那和偷窃没区别 |
[14:17] | Is that where we landed on that? | 我们这样定性的吗 |
[14:19] | As Michael was becoming more selfish… | 当Michael一步步沦为私欲的囚徒 |
[14:21] | his father was choosing a more pious path. | 他父亲却越发有心向善 |
[14:28] | Which made Buster and | 这使得Buster和 |
[14:29] | Lucille’s visit go much differently than planned. | Lucille的造访有了出其不意的下场 |
[14:31] | Why is there a piece of shoe on your head? | 你脑袋上怎么有一小块鞋呢 |
[14:34] | This is a… Well, it’s a reminder that the divine presence is | 这是 呃 用来时刻提醒自己 |
[14:39] | always above me. | 神明高高在上 |
[14:40] | Well, more importantly, Buster’s been humping the widow Austero. | 更重要的事 Buster居然和那寡妇Austero搞在一起 |
[14:45] | – Mom. – Is that true? | – 妈 – 是真的吗 |
[14:47] | No. We’re taking it slow. | 没 我们慢慢来的 |
[14:49] | He stays there sometimes until 7:00, 8:00 at night. | 他在她那里呆到晚上七八点 |
[14:53] | Peanut brittle on his breath. | 他张口就是股花生酥的味儿 |
[14:55] | Is she the one who’s going to take him to the dentist? | 她难不成还要带我的儿子去看牙医 |
[14:58] | She already has. | 她带我去过了 |
[15:07] | – What? – “May you live. | – 什么 – 愿君安好 |
[15:09] | May you be well. I give you my blessing.” | 惟君万福 诚心祷之 |
[15:11] | – Wow! Really? – Are you out of your mind? | – 哇 真的吗 – 你疯了吧 |
[15:13] | – Just follow the heart that God gave you, hmm? – No touching. | – 心之所往 汝亦随之 皆天之音 – 不准身体接触 |
[15:17] | No… | 不 |
[15:26] | Can you get me some of that peanut brittle? | 花生酥也给你爹留点好吗 |
[15:29] | On the night of the show, | 在演出当天的晚上 |
[15:30] | the family arrived at the Gothic Castle… | 全家都到了哥特古堡 |
[15:33] | and in the green room, Michael was preparing Marta for the trick. | 在后台 Michael在指导Marta准备表演 |
[15:37] | At the bottom of the box. And you two guys are free to talk. | 在箱子里面 你们俩爱聊啥就聊啥 |
[15:42] | Okay. Gob, Gob, Gob. | 好 Gob Gob Gob |
[15:43] | What is going on? Where’s the top half? | 怎么办 扮上半身的人呢 |
[15:45] | I have to teach her this trick. She’s gotta fold her knees. | 我得教她表演这个魔术 腿可是要弯起来的 |
[15:50] | It’s a fantastic trick. | 这魔术棒极了 |
[15:52] | I don’t want you to worry though. I’ve already told her. | 你不用担心 我已经教会她了 |
[15:54] | Now where are the legs? Are they running late? | 腿女郎呢 要迟到了吗 |
[15:57] | – So is everyone here? – I think so. I haven’t seen Tobias. | – 大家都来了吗 – 是的 不过没见到Tobias |
[16:00] | In fact, Tobias had intended to come… | 其实 Tobias打算来的 |
[16:03] | but had a slight miscommunication with his cabdriver. | 只是与出租车司机沟通时出了小问题 |
[16:06] | – Where to, mate? – The Gothic Castle. | – 上哪儿 – 哥特古堡 |
[16:09] | – Gothic Asshole? – That’s what I said. | – 哥特股爆 – 对 |
[16:12] | And ended up in the wrong location. | 于是就这样走错了地方 |
[16:19] | Oh, I am glad I didn’t go with that outfit. | 哟 还好我没穿成那个鬼样 |
[16:21] | Yes, hello. I am looking for the magic. | 嘿 我来看魔术 |
[16:25] | Dankeschoen. | 谢谢 |
[16:31] | Oh. Hello, Lucille. | 哦 你好 Lucille |
[16:33] | Hello, Lucille. Having a good time with my son? | 你好 Lucille 和我儿子玩得开心吗 |
[16:36] | Actually, we’re having a wonderful time. | 我们正浓情蜜意呢 |
[16:37] | You know, he’s damaged goods. | 他可是造物主的瑕疵品 |
[16:40] | He was born with a hole in his heart. | 他可是心上带着洞出生的 |
[16:42] | Now listen to me, Lucille. | 你给我听好了 Lucille |
[16:44] | – I’m gonna fill that hole, ’cause we’re in love. – Oh, please. | – 这洞我来填 我们是相爱之人 – 你省省吧 |
[16:47] | You’re no more in love with him than I am. | 你对他的感情与我对他的比起来微不足道 |
[16:49] | Okay. We’re all saying some things we’re going to regret. | 好吧 不说会让自己懊悔的话了 |
[16:52] | Meanwhile, Gob was almost ready to begin his show. | 与此同时 Gob差不多准备上场开演了 |
[16:56] | Okay. It’s magic time. | 好啦 马上是见证奇迹的时刻了 |
[16:58] | – Hey, good luck out there now. – Listen, I got you something… | – 上场好运 – 我有件东西要给你 |
[17:01] | for being such a good guy… | 你对我这么贴心 |
[17:03] | not that it’s a surprise, you always are. | 你一向这样的 倒也不让人意外 |
[17:05] | Oh, well, uh… | 呃 |
[17:09] | – My watch. – I want you to have it. | – 我的表 – 我觉得该还给你 |
[17:12] | Well, you’ve stolen so many things from me over the years. | 呃 过去那么些年你没少从我这儿顺手牵羊 |
[17:15] | This is the first time you’ve ever given something back. | 这是你头一回物归原主 |
[17:18] | I wanna try to be a better brother, like you are to me. | 我想做个更好的兄弟 向你学学 |
[17:22] | We’re ready for you. | 大家都准备好了 |
[17:25] | Gob Gob… | |
[17:29] | have a good show out there. | 表演成功 |
[17:32] | Ladies and gentlemen, a magician named Gob. | 女士们先生们 有请魔术师Gob |
[17:54] | – Dad? – Hey, George Michael. | – 爸 – 嘿 George Michael |
[17:57] | – Where’s the leather jacket? – It’s like you said… | – 你的皮衣呢 – 就像你说的那样 |
[18:00] | you can’t change who you are. | 我们改不了自己的真性情 |
[18:02] | So what? So I don’t have any hair on my arms or legs. So what? | 爱谁谁 我的手臂和腿脚就是一毛不长 那又怎样 |
[18:05] | You know, a leather jacket’s not gonna change that. | 披一件皮衣毛用都没有 |
[18:07] | You know, I was trying to act like a tough guy, and it’s wrong. | 我最近尝试变成硬汉 这种想法是有问题的 |
[18:10] | – I’m just a boring, old nice guy like you. – I’m not that nice. | – 我只是个像你一样 乏味实诚的老好人 – 别把我说得那么好 |
[18:14] | Dad, if this is about the chair… I’ve been thinking. | 爸 如果你指的是椅子的事 我在想 |
[18:16] | You deserve it. You know, | 你拿着用不过分 |
[18:18] | it’s not like you’d ever steal something big. | 你又不是偷了什么大东西 |
[18:20] | Michael was having second thoughts about his plan. | Michael对自己的计划犹豫了 |
[18:23] | But then he got some unexpected help. | 此时竟发生了意外状况 |
[18:26] | Hey, I’m sorry to interrupt. | 嘿 抱歉打扰了 |
[18:27] | You’d better tell Gob, the legs aren’t coming. | 你们最好告诉Gob去 腿女郎放鸽子了 |
[18:29] | – Oh, my God. – I can’t believe | – 我的天 – 真不敢相信 |
[18:31] | the legs would screw him like this. | 腿女郎居然会这么玩弄[干]他 |
[18:32] | This is his one last chance. | 这是他最后的机会 |
[18:34] | They’ll never let him in the Alliance again. | 不把握好 他就不可能重返联盟了 |
[18:36] | You have to do something. This is so important to me and Gob. | 你得做点什么 这对我和Gob很重要 |
[18:42] | Where am I gonna get a pair of | 我这会儿上哪里去找一双 |
[18:43] | beautiful women’s legs on such short notice? | 美女腿呢 幕布都快打开了 |
[18:47] | So, the trick went forward as planned. | 就这样 魔术照旧上演 |
[18:50] | And now, my, hopefully, lovely assistant will join me. | 此刻 我那最好是可爱迷人的助理将要现身参演 |
[19:13] | Wiggle those sexy gams, lady. | 亲爱的 向大家优雅地挥挥腿 |
[19:15] | I’m okay with myself. I’m okay with myself. | 我没事 我觉得自己没问题 |
[19:26] | Mom, did you see it? I’m back in. | 妈 你看见了吗 我重返演艺圈了 |
[19:29] | I’ve got the career back. | 我的事业又回来了 |
[19:32] | – Thank you for coming. – And when Lucille noticed… | – 谢谢你能来 – 当Lucille见识到 |
[19:34] | how happy Marta had made Gob, | Marta的存在让Gob有多开心 |
[19:37] | she realized how important love was to her children. | 她意识到爱情对于她的孩子们有多重要 |
[19:42] | – Mom. – Hello, Buster. | – 妈 – 嗯 Buster |
[19:43] | If you’re still mad, I don’t care. I’m in love. | 如果你还在气头上 我不管 我正在热恋中 |
[19:48] | I actually came to ask Lucille something. | 我其实是来找Lucille的 |
[19:51] | – What? – I was wondering… | – 什么事 – 我在想 |
[19:54] | if you’d like to play bridge with me next week? | 下周你要和我打桥牌吗 |
[19:59] | I’d absolutely adore it. Oh, Lucille. | 求之不得 哦 Lucille |
[20:03] | Oh, God. Look at us, Buster. | 天啊 看看我们 Buster |
[20:06] | We’re back together again. Lucille and Lucille. | 我们重归于好了 Lucille与Lucille |
[20:09] | You guys are friends again. You can play bridge together. | 你们又变回朋友了 你们凑一起打桥牌 |
[20:15] | Could you just… just separate? | 你们别 别那么连体婴好吗 |
[20:19] | Michael watched as the brother he swore to stop helping… | Michael眼睁睁看着自己说好不管不顾的哥哥 |
[20:23] | enjoyed the girlfriend he helped him reunite with. | 与他帮着重牵红线的女友卿卿我我 |
[20:30] | And so he returned to work, | 他回去工作去了 |
[20:32] | accepting the fact that he was a good guy. | 不得不承认自己是个动不了坏脑筋的人 |
[20:36] | But not as good as everyone thought. | 当然也不是不食人间烟火那么好 |
[20:43] | This really worked better with the chair. | 这方法运椅子比较好 |
[20:46] | On the next Arrested Development. | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[20:49] | The Alliance decides to let Gob back in. | 联盟决定让Gob回归 |
[20:51] | Tell me, how’d you get two | 回答我 你是怎么做到这么快 |
[20:52] | Alliance-approved assistants with such short notice? | 就凑够两个联盟许可的助理的 |
[20:54] | That was just my girlfriend and my nephew. | 那只是我女友和侄子 |
[20:59] | Well, you’re out. | 哪来回哪去吧 |
[21:01] | – And Tobias gets some good news. – I got a gig. | – Tobias倒摊上了好事 – 我有演出咯 |