时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything… | 故事是关于一个原本富足的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice… | 其中一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 这就是发展受阻 |
[00:19] | Michael Bluth was visiting his father in prison… | Michael Bluth正在监狱探望他的父亲 |
[00:22] | anxious to get to the bottom of some mysterious bookkeeping. | 迫切想弄清一些神秘帐目的真实情况 |
[00:25] | It just doesn’t make any sense, Dad. | 这没道理啊 爸 |
[00:26] | Where did this money come from? | 这些钱从哪里来的 |
[00:27] | Why did it end up in the international accounts file? | 最后为何进入了国际账户的档案 |
[00:29] | George Sr. Was also anxious, but less about the bookkeeping. | Georg Sr也很紧张 但不是为了帐目 |
[00:33] | This game is never gonna happen. | 根本没法比赛 |
[00:34] | Half of these guys are still in their cuffs. | 一半的人都还戴着镣铐 |
[00:36] | I hate to be a buzzkill, but I’m trying to get you out of here. | 我也不愿扫兴 这还不为了能把你从这弄出去 |
[00:39] | Well, I’m trying to get us out of last place, Michael. | 我还不为了摆脱我们垫底的状态 Michael |
[00:41] | We’re playing Rahway next week. | 下周我们的对手是拉威队 |
[00:43] | Word has it that they’re getting Jose Canseco. | 据说他们请了棒球明星乔斯坎赛可 |
[00:45] | I’m starting to wonder why I even bother coming. | 我大老远来到底图个啥 |
[00:47] | – Bluth! Right field! – That is ridiculous. | – 姓布的 右外场 – 荒唐 |
[00:50] | – You won’t even talk to me! – I’m catcher, or I’m nothing! | – 你都不跟我说实话 – 接球手的位置归我啊 |
[00:55] | Michael returned to work… | Michael回到了公司 |
[00:56] | where his assistant, Kitty, greeted him with some startling news. | 他的助手 Kitty 带给他一些惊人的消息 |
[01:00] | Your wife’s on line one. | 你的妻子在一线 |
[01:01] | Michael’s wife had been dead for two years. – My what? | Michael的妻子已经去世两年 – 我的什么 |
[01:05] | Kitty realized her mistake. | Kitty意识到她的失误 |
[01:06] | I said, your wife is on line one. | 我说 你的妻子在一线 |
[01:08] | But not immediately. | 但没那么快 |
[01:10] | Oh! Oh, God. | 噢 天哪 |
[01:12] | I’m sorry. George’s wife. Your mother. | 抱歉 George的妻子 你的母亲 |
[01:16] | I’m so used to being George’s assistant. | 我是当George的助手当太久 |
[01:18] | Kitty had been George Sr. ‘s fiercely loyal assistant for years. | Kitty忠心耿耿地当了George Sr的助手多年 |
[01:27] | And Michael suspected that she had the information he needed. | Michael怀疑她有他需要的资料 |
[01:31] | Hey, Kitty, listen, you wouldn’t know… | Kitty 听我说 你该不会知道 |
[01:33] | if we had any documentation | 关于这些国际账户 |
[01:34] | on these international accounts, would you? | 我们有没有记录吧 是吧 |
[01:36] | That’s actually not any of your business. | 这实际上不关你的事 |
[01:40] | My business. That’s not any of my business. | 我的事 不关我的事 |
[01:45] | Hey, Mom. | 嘿 妈 |
[01:46] | Are you aware we’ve been | 你知道我们被 |
[01:47] | downgraded to being just pool members at the club now? | 俱乐部降级为泳池会员了吗 |
[01:51] | Yeah, it’s a real shame what’s going on with this family. | 是啊 这个家现在的处境真惨 |
[01:53] | You’re stuck by the pool, | 你只能使用泳池 |
[01:54] | and Dad’s getting picked last for softball. | 老爸最后一个入选垒球队 |
[01:55] | Nonetheless, you can free up a little company money | 随便 你能不能想办法弄一点公司的钱出来 |
[01:58] | to get back our golf privileges. | 这样至少我们还能享受高尔夫级待遇 |
[02:00] | No, I can’t. Mom, you don’t even play golf. | 不行 妈 你根本不打高尔夫 |
[02:02] | No, but I use the clubhouse dining room… | 不打 但我要去俱乐部的餐厅 |
[02:04] | until I was turned away today. | 今天居然被拒之门外 |
[02:06] | It’s embarrassing… Take it back! | 丢人 拿走 |
[02:09] | If I wanted something your thumb touched, | 被你大姆指碰过 我还要的话 |
[02:11] | I’d eat the inside of your ear! | 干脆吃你耳朵里的东西得了 |
[02:14] | You should see the looks I’m getting. | 你没瞧见别人用什么眼神看我 |
[02:16] | If you can’t free up the cash, | 如果你不能弄点钱 |
[02:18] | have your father call the club president. | 就让你爸给俱乐部主席打个电话 |
[02:20] | I’ve got news for you, Mom… | 我要告诉你 妈 |
[02:21] | I’m not visiting Dad in jail anymore. | 我再也不去监狱探望爸了 |
[02:24] | No, I’ve had it. | 不 我受够了 |
[02:25] | I’m down there every single day trying | 我每天都往那跑 不过是尽一切努力 |
[02:28] | to do what I can to get this company back on track… | 让公司走上正轨 |
[02:30] | and he barely even acknowledges me. | 他甚至都不愿多看我一眼 |
[02:32] | That is disgusting! | 恶心 |
[02:34] | Talk to your father. I will not stand for this! | 跟你爸说 我可受不了这个 |
[02:41] | Gob Gob! | |
[02:42] | Can I, uh… get you to stop doing that? | 我说 你能不能别那样 |
[02:45] | I’m just setting up an office. | 我在布置一间办公室 |
[02:48] | Gotta write a strongly worded letter to one Warden James Buck. | 要写一封声讨信给监狱长James Buck |
[02:52] | In order to restore his career as an escape artist… | 为了重回脱身术表演艺术家之列 |
[02:55] | Gob had recently checked into prison as a publicity stunt. | Gob入驻一座监狱 以此给自己宣传 |
[02:58] | You really think you can break out of my prison? | 你真的以为能够从我的监狱逃出去 |
[03:00] | You won’t even know I was here. | 你都不会察觉我来过 |
[03:02] | But after a shiv to his side… | 但在右侧被刺了一刀后 |
[03:04] | Gob was rushed to a local hospital… | Gob被紧急送往当地医院 |
[03:06] | thus fulfilling, in Gob’s mind, | 在Gob看来 这也算履行了 |
[03:08] | – his contract with the public. – Ta-dah | – 他对公众的承诺 – 哈 |
[03:10] | And yet the warden had refused | 但监狱长拒绝承认 |
[03:12] | to acknowledge the legitimacy of the escape. | 此次逃狱的合理性 |
[03:15] | So I am going after this guy with everything I’ve got… | 所以我绝不会善罢甘休 |
[03:19] | art. | 艺术 |
[03:21] | Now we are writing a letter. | 现在我们来写信吧 |
[03:23] | Gob Gob? | |
[03:26] | I wish I would’ve known you were coming. I am a mess. | 我都不知道你会来呢 看我乱糟糟的样子 |
[03:30] | Don’t know if a call from me would’ve changed that. | 看不出来我提前打个电话会有什么不同 |
[03:33] | Do you like my outfit? | 你喜欢我的衣服吗 |
[03:35] | Not as much as I like what’s underneath it. | 更喜欢它下面的东西 |
[03:37] | Gob! | 讨厌 Gob |
[03:39] | No, I need your chair. Get up. I’ve got a letter to write. | 不 我需要你的椅子 起来 我要写信 |
[03:42] | Whoo! You’re all business. | 你好认真 |
[03:45] | just like your dad. | 跟你爸一样 |
[03:48] | My God, she’s repulsive. | 我的天 她真讨厌 |
[03:50] | Michael realized that Kitty’s obvious attraction to Gob… | Michael意识到Kitty对Gob的兴趣 |
[03:53] | could perhaps be of use to him. | 也许对他会有所帮助 |
[03:55] | How would you like a touch lamp? | 你觉得触摸式台灯如何 |
[03:59] | You’re the one who needs therapy! | 你才需要婚姻咨询 |
[04:00] | Meanwhile, Lindsay and Tobias | 与此同时 Lindsay和Tobias |
[04:01] | prepared for their first session with a therapist. | 正在准备与咨询师的第一次会面 |
[04:04] | Yes, Tobias, I want the marriage to work. | 是的 Tobias 我希望维持这段婚姻 |
[04:06] | I just don’t know if therapy is the answer. | 我只是不知道咨询能不能解决问题 |
[04:08] | Because you didn’t respect my old career, | 因为你不尊重我以前的事业 |
[04:10] | and you certainly don’t respect my new one! | 显然也不尊重我现在的 |
[04:12] | You don’t have a new one! | 你现在根本没有 |
[04:13] | Things had been tense | 事情不太一帆风顺 |
[04:15] | since Tobias left his psychiatry practice… | 自从Tobias放弃精神病学专业 |
[04:17] | to pursue an acting career. | 转而开拓演艺事业 |
[04:21] | I have needs, you know. | 我有需求 懂吗 |
[04:23] | And how I am not addressing your needs? | 我怎么就没满足你的需求 |
[04:24] | How can you even ask that? | 你还有脸问 |
[04:26] | – What is this? – Oh! Go right to that! | – 这是什么 – 噢 你居然敢这样 |
[04:28] | Good. Go right there. Real mature. Really great. | 居然敢这样 真够成熟 真有你的 |
[04:32] | Okay, kids, Mommy and Daddy are going out for ice cream. | 孩子们 妈妈和爸爸要去吃冰淇淋 |
[04:37] | – Can we come? – Sorry. It’s not for kids. | – 能带上我们吗 – 抱歉 少儿不宜 |
[04:44] | – Now we have to follow them. – Yeah. | – 看来我们必须跟踪他们 – 好吧 |
[04:46] | What? | 什么 |
[04:49] | Okay, so, why are we doing this? | 我们这是为啥 |
[04:52] | ‘Cause it’s obvious they’re lying. Come on, drive! | 因为显然他们在说谎 开车吧 |
[04:55] | – Well, what if they see us? – How are they gonna see us? | – 那 要是被他们看见呢 – 他们怎么会看见 |
[04:58] | It says “Bluth Company” Right on the side. | 右边写着”布鲁斯公司” |
[05:01] | Plus, it’s a stairway. That’s gonna catch the eye. | 何况 这是个楼梯车 太显眼了 |
[05:04] | The airport stairway vehicle… | 这辆机场引梯车 |
[05:06] | was the last vestige of the Bluths’former wealth. | 是布鲁斯家族财富最后的遗留物 |
[05:10] | Also, that House of Pies that went out of business. | 还有 那倒闭的馅饼店 |
[05:14] | You are scared. I knew it. | 你害怕了 我就知道 |
[05:16] | No, I’m not scared. It’s just that… I have plans later. | 我不害怕 只是 我等会还有事 |
[05:20] | l-I’m visiting Pop-Pop. | 我要去探望爷爷 |
[05:22] | You visit Pop-Pop? | 探望爷爷吗 |
[05:23] | In fact, he’d been terrified of the very notion of prison… | 实际上 他一直对监狱这个概念心存恐惧 |
[05:26] | since, as a young boy, he accidentally watched HBO’s Oz… | 在他小的时候 他在HBO意外看到了<监狱风云> |
[05:30] | mistaking it for the classic Judy Garland musical. | 误以为那是加兰主演的经典音乐剧 |
[05:32] | – I’m an innocent man! – Eat it, bitch! | – 我是无辜的 – 看招 婊子 |
[05:35] | – Lots of times. – What’s it like? | – 去过很多次 – 怎么样 |
[05:38] | You know what you should do? | 你知道你该干嘛 |
[05:39] | You should go get your mom’s date book. | 你该去找你妈的日程簿来看看 |
[05:41] | Oh, yeah. She must have written down where they’re going. | 对 她肯定把要去的地方写下来了 |
[05:43] | – I still wanna hear about prison, okay? – If you can handle it. | – 但还要跟我讲监狱 好吗 – 如果你能接受 |
[05:50] | Michael arrived home in a good mood. | Michael心情愉快地回到家中 |
[05:52] | With Gob getting the information from Kitty… | 既然Gob能从Kitty那拿到资料 |
[05:54] | he would no longer have to visit prison and deal with his father. | 他就不用再去监狱 看他爸的脸色 |
[05:57] | Hey, buddy! Came home early. | 今儿回来得早啊 |
[06:00] | Wanna do somethin’? Anything. Anything at all. | 想干点什么吗 什么都行 |
[06:03] | I wanna visit Pop-Pop in prison. | 我想去监狱看望爷爷 |
[06:08] | Back at the office, Gob | 而在办公室 |
[06:09] | was making progress with Michael’s assistant. | Gob和Michael的助手正在进一步发展 |
[06:12] | Here’s where we keep all of our… heavyweight paper. | 重磅纸我们都放在这里 |
[06:17] | Bet you can show me where a lot of things are. | 你能带我看很多东西 |
[06:20] | What kind of things are you… looking for? | 什么东西是你要找的 |
[06:25] | What, uh… What are you hiding? | 有什么你藏起来了吗 |
[06:28] | Nothing you can’t find. | 没有你找不到的 |
[06:30] | Wait a second. Wait, wait, wait. Take off your glasses. | 等等 摘掉你的眼镜 |
[06:36] | Oh. | 噢 |
[06:38] | Wait, wait. Let down your hair. | 等等 放下你的头发 |
[06:46] | No. Glasses on. Hair back up. | 不 戴上眼镜 扎好头发 |
[06:48] | Let’s just get that hair right back up. | 把头发完全扎回去 |
[06:49] | – Do you want me to turn all the lights off? – Yes, yes, please. | – 想要我关灯吗 – 好吧 请 |
[06:52] | How’s that? Is that better? | 怎么样 好些吗 |
[06:55] | There’s still light coming in from under the door. | 门缝底下还有光 |
[06:57] | And Lindsay and Tobias were, for the first time… | Lindsay和Tobias第一次 |
[07:00] | addressing their marital problems. | 直面他们的婚姻问题 |
[07:01] | It’s like we’re face to face now… | 就像我们现在这样面对面 |
[07:04] | like we’re really seeing this marriage and… | 我们审视这段婚姻 |
[07:07] | I’m afraid it’s a lie. | 恐怕 只是一场谎言 |
[07:14] | Bravo. If I gave a performance that good, | 说的好 要是我这么能演 |
[07:17] | I’d have my own Alias type show. | 我早就能演主角了 |
[07:18] | Stop it. I am so sick of hearing about acting, acting, acting! | 住嘴 我受够了听你说演戏 演戏 演戏 |
[07:23] | Okay, okay, look, maybe we need a new approach. | 好了 或许我们需要换种办法 |
[07:26] | Um… let’s try some role playing. | 不如试试角色扮演 |
[07:30] | Yes! All right. | 好的 |
[07:35] | Michael headed back to the prison… | Michael再次向监狱进发 |
[07:36] | despite his earlier vow never to return. | 尽管之前他发誓再也不会去 |
[07:39] | You always say family first. I should see my grandpa, right? | 你总是说家人第一 我应当去看望爷爷 对吧 |
[07:42] | I’m not stopping you. It’s just, | 我不是要拦你 只是 |
[07:43] | after this I’m not going back there. | 在这之后我不会再去 |
[07:45] | Why? Is it scary? | 为啥 监狱可怕吗 |
[07:47] | Scary? No. No. | 可怕 不 不 |
[07:49] | It’s the opposite of scary. It’s like a carnival. | 正好和可怕相反 就像嘉年华 |
[07:53] | Without the half-person on the | 但没有滑板上的矮人 |
[07:55] | skateboard that grabbed your knee to steady himself. | 为了保持稳定抓住你的膝盖 |
[07:57] | It’s like a country club. | 就像一个乡村俱乐部 |
[07:58] | All the guy does is eat ice cream and play softball all day. | 所有人都在吃雪糕 整天玩垒球 |
[08:02] | In fact, George Sr. ‘s softball game had taken most of the day. | 事实上 大半天George Sr都在玩垒球 |
[08:07] | It was the 14th inning, and tensions were running a little high. | 到了第十四局 局势有些白热化 |
[08:10] | I’ll give you a thousand bucks, | 我给你一千块 |
[08:11] | you call the next one a strike. My knees are killing me. | 如果你判下一个球好球 我的膝盖疼死了 |
[08:15] | No batter! No batter here! | 你击不中 你打不到 |
[08:18] | – Strike three! – Strike three, my ass! | – 三振出局 – 三振你妈 |
[08:21] | Ohh! | 噢 |
[08:23] | Down in the yard! | 全体趴下 |
[08:26] | No batter. No… No batter. | 你打不中 打 打不中 |
[08:29] | No… Shh. | 不 |
[08:32] | Okay, there he is. Go on in there and surprise him. | 他在那 去吧 给他个惊喜 |
[08:35] | I’m gonna go get us a few ice cream sandwiches. | 我去买些夹心冰淇淋 |
[08:38] | Go on. Go on. | 去啊 去 |
[08:42] | Hey, Pop-Pop. | 爷爷 |
[08:45] | – How’s prison? – I’m gonna die in here. | – 在监狱过得还好吗 – 我要死在这了 |
[08:49] | What? | 什么 |
[08:50] | They’re gonna kill Grandpa. | 他们会要了爷爷的命 |
[08:52] | I gotta… I gotta get outta here. I’m an innocent man. | 我要出去 我是无辜的 |
[08:56] | You gotta help Pop-Pop get outta here. Give me your hair. | 你要帮我出去 给我你的头发 |
[08:59] | – My hair? – Give Pop-Pop your hair! | – 我的头发 – 给爷爷你的头发 |
[09:02] | – No touching! No touching! No touching! – Give me the hair! | – 不准接触 – 给我头发 |
[09:05] | One of these got smooshed, | 有一个被碾碎了 |
[09:06] | but don’t let that ruin prison for you. | 但别因为这个就毁了你对监狱的印象 |
[09:10] | No batter. No batter. No batter. | 打不中 打不中 打不中 |
[09:19] | I’m sure your grandfather was just kidding around. | 我肯定你爷爷只是开玩笑 |
[09:21] | You know his sense of humor. | 你了解他的幽默感 |
[09:22] | I know, I know. Yeah. | 我知道 知道 |
[09:24] | I don’t… I don’t totally get the hair joke, but I’m fine, Dad. | 我还是不太懂头发哪里好笑 但没事的 爸爸 |
[09:28] | Are you sure? | 真的吗 |
[09:30] | I am gonna head back in, though. | 我要再回去了 |
[09:31] | I’m gonna see if Pop-Pop’s got any more zingers. | 我得去看看爷爷还有没有什么异样 |
[09:35] | Just stay out here and relax, pal. | 呆在这里 休息一会 |
[09:37] | Watch the softball game. I’ll be right back. | 看看垒球 我就回来 |
[09:46] | Hey, stop! Stop! | 别动 别动 |
[09:53] | Dad? | 爸 |
[09:55] | just don’t like prison anymore. | 只是不再喜欢监狱了 |
[09:57] | That’s why I’m trying to get you out of here. | 这就是为啥我想办法把你弄出去 |
[09:59] | Maybe I’ve been in denial, | 也许我只是不好意思承认 |
[10:01] | but this place is breaking me, Mikey… | 但这地方要让我崩溃了 |
[10:03] | and I’m alone here, but for you. | 我在这无依无靠 只能依靠你 |
[10:06] | Come on. You got me, you got Mom. | 拜托 你有我 还有妈 |
[10:08] | Your mother’s never shown her face. | 你妈从没来过 |
[10:11] | Whoa. She’s never been here? | 她没来过吗 |
[10:13] | You should’ve heard the grief | 你没听到她在电话里悲痛欲绝的声音 |
[10:13] | she gave me when I said I’d never show up again. | 当我告诉她我再也不来了 |
[10:15] | You said… You said what? | 你说 什么 |
[10:17] | Dad, you don’t need me. You’re playing softball all the time. | 爸 你不需要我 你除了玩垒球也不干别的 |
[10:21] | I do need you, Michael! | 我需要你 Michael |
[10:24] | – No more softball. – This is nuts. | – 不玩垒球了 – 这简直难以置信 |
[10:26] | You’re her husband. | 你是她老公 |
[10:27] | The least she could do is come out and visit you. | 她能做的至少是来看看你 |
[10:29] | God, you know your mom. This isn’t her crowd. | 你了解你妈 这里她应付不来 |
[10:31] | She’s very easily threatened. | 她很容易害怕 |
[10:33] | You remember the carjacker? | 还记得那个抢车的吗 |
[10:39] | – Aaah! – Well, she’s certainly toughened up since then. | – 啊 – 从那以后她确实凶悍了许多 |
[10:42] | She’s eating lunch by the pool now. | 她在泳池边吃午饭 |
[10:43] | There’s a big difference between | 乡村俱乐部的泳池和伴侣探监的小屋 |
[10:44] | the country club pool and the conjugal trailer. | 差别可大着呢 |
[10:47] | That’s not what I meant when I said “Visit.” | 我说的”看”不是这个意思 |
[10:48] | It’s too bad. I really miss that personal contact. | 太惨了 我真怀念她的抚慰 |
[10:52] | It was the one thing that calmed me when I got stressed. | 紧张难安时总能让我恢复平静 |
[10:54] | It just felt… humanizing. | 感觉 很有人情味 |
[10:58] | Michael, for the first time… | Michael 生平第一次 |
[10:59] | saw his father as a vulnerable human being. | 看见他父亲真情流露 |
[11:05] | Daddy horny, Michael. | 爹饥渴了 Michael |
[11:10] | I just haven’t had sex in a month. | 我一个月没亲热过了 |
[11:12] | You’ve been here two months. | 你进来两月了 |
[11:16] | – It’s hard to gauge time. – Yeah, I’ll bet. | – 时间记不清楚了 – 我想也是 |
[11:20] | Hey, Mom. I went to visit Dad today. | 妈 我今天去探望爸了 |
[11:22] | Quick question. How long does it take you to get out there? | 有个问题 你去那一趟要多久 |
[11:25] | Oh, I’ve never been. | 噢 我从没 |
[11:25] | Then why does he tell me that you’ve never been? | 那为什么他告诉我你从没去过 |
[11:29] | Ooh. Sorry, Michael. | 抱歉 Michael |
[11:31] | Pool food. My system’s not used to curly fries. | 泳池餐 我的肠胃不适应薯条圈 |
[11:35] | How can you ignore that man? | 你怎么能不管他 |
[11:37] | He’s having a hard time in there. He’s lonely. | 他在里面日子不好过 他很孤独 |
[11:40] | That’s what his children are for. | 那他养孩子来做什么的 |
[11:42] | Yeah, well, you know… | 要知道 |
[11:45] | there are certain things that… | 有些事情 |
[11:47] | he can’t get from his children. | 孩子无法达到他的期望 |
[11:49] | If you’re going to say “Pride,” | 如果你说的是”成为他的骄傲” |
[11:51] | You’re wrong. He is proud of his children. | 那你就错了 他的孩子都是他的骄傲 |
[11:53] | Wasn’t gonna say pride, Mom. | 不是这码事 妈 |
[11:55] | Uh, listen, l-l-I think that, um… | 听我说 我 我想 |
[11:59] | I think that you should… | 我认为你应该 |
[12:02] | Oh, I can’t believe I’m gonna say this. | 真不敢相信 我会这么说 |
[12:03] | I think that you should… | 我认为你应该 |
[12:06] | visit him… | 去探望他 |
[12:07] | in an… intimate… | 在一个私密 |
[12:12] | marital… trailer. | 夫妇使用的小屋里 |
[12:17] | Are you mad? | 你疯了吗 |
[12:19] | You think I’m comfortable | 你觉得我很乐意 |
[12:20] | asking you to do this? He needs you, Mom. | 问你做这件事吗 他需要你 妈 |
[12:24] | Did he say that? | 他这么说的 |
[12:27] | Did he say that he misses me? | 他说他想我了吗 |
[12:28] | Does he need his wife’s embrace? | 他需要老婆的拥抱了吗 |
[12:31] | Daddy horny, Michael. | 爹饥渴了 Michael |
[12:33] | He said some wonderful things. | 他说了一些美好的事 |
[12:36] | You really want this for him, don’t you? | 你是真心想要满足你爸 是吧 |
[12:38] | I do. | 是的 |
[12:40] | “Golf membership” Want it? | “高尔夫会员” 想要吗 |
[12:44] | Meanwhile, Lindsay and Tobias were getting to the heart… | 与此同时 Lindsay和Tobias正通过角色互换练习 |
[12:46] | of each other’s vulnerabilities with a role-reversal exercise. | 逐步暴露彼此的弱点 |
[12:50] | – Because I’m a woman! – Good. | – 因为我是一个女人 – 不错 |
[12:52] | – With a woman’s needs. – Louder. | – 有女人的需求 – 大声点 |
[12:53] | And a woman’s urges! And these, Tobias. | 女人的渴望 这一切 Tobias |
[12:57] | When was the last time you looked at these? | 你上次关心这些是什么时候 |
[13:00] | Yeah, okay. How long is this session? | 好了 这次会面有多长 |
[13:02] | See, I don’t know what’s happening she’s breaking in and out of character | 看 我根本不知道接下来干啥 她不断入戏出戏 |
[13:05] | – and making it difficult – ‘Cause I don’t wanna be in a character. | – 制造困难 – 因为我不想演戏 |
[13:06] | Okay, let me stop you guys. | 你们先停一下 |
[13:08] | All right? Please. Let me get in here. | 好吗 让我来 |
[13:11] | Thank you. God. | 谢谢 |
[13:15] | You’ve never been a real wife to me,Lindsy | 你对我从来就不像一个真正的妻子 Lindsy |
[13:17] | That’s not true! You know it! | 这不是事实 |
[13:20] | A man is looking back at you. A man with dreams and aspirations! | 一个男人回望向你 一个有梦想抱负的人 |
[13:24] | Meanwhile, Maeby found an | 与此同时 Marby在她妈的预约簿里 |
[13:25] | address in her mother’s appointment book… | 找到了地址 |
[13:27] | and was getting closer to learning what her parents were up to. | 几乎就要查明她父母在干些什么 |
[13:31] | Right! If I’m no Schwimmer, you’re no Jennifer Aniston! | 是的 我不是罗斯 你也不是瑞秋 |
[13:37] | Maybe I’m not even Lisa Kudrow. | 或许我都不是菲比 |
[13:41] | l-I have dreams, Lindsay. | 我有梦想 Lindsay |
[13:43] | Dreams, Lindsay. | 梦想 Lindsay |
[13:46] | Well, then, Tobias… | 那么 Tobias |
[13:53] | follow those dreams. | 追随这些梦想 |
[13:55] | Make those dreams happen. | 让梦想成真 |
[13:57] | Yes. I will. | 我会 |
[14:00] | And scene! | 完毕 |
[14:04] | – Wow! – Okay. | – 哇 – 嗷 |
[14:06] | – I’m sorry I stepped on your line. – No, not at all. | – 抱歉 我抢了你的词 – 不会 |
[14:09] | – Did that answer some questions for you? – Yeah, I think it did. | – 你现在明白了吗 – 是的 没错 |
[14:12] | Now there are two men I wanna leave. | 有两个男人 我现在不想见到 |
[14:17] | Michael arrived home, | Michael回到家 |
[14:18] | happy to have a brother to share his burden with. | 高兴有一个哥哥能为他分担 |
[14:21] | – Great news. – Oh, good. I could use it. | – 好消息 – 说来听听 |
[14:23] | I just came from convincing Mom to have sex with Dad. | 我刚才说服妈去跟爸亲热 |
[14:26] | God! What is wrong with you? That is disgusting! | 你什么毛病啊 真恶心 |
[14:31] | – What’s wrong with you? – Oh, I’m sorry. | – 你怎么了 – 抱歉 |
[14:32] | But just the thought of Mom and Dad together… | 一想到爸和妈在一起 |
[14:37] | I have a sense of propriety. All right? | 我有分寸感 行了吗 |
[14:39] | Fine. What’s your great news? | 好吧 你有什么好消息 |
[14:41] | I Kitty. | 我 @#!& Kitty |
[14:42] | Oh, Gob, I just wanted you to get the information. | 我只是要你去搞到资料 |
[14:46] | Oh, I got the information. | 资料我搞到了 |
[14:49] | You did, huh? About the international accounts? | 是吗 关于国际账户的 |
[14:54] | I see what you’re getting at. No, I didn’t get any information. | 我明白你的意思了 没有 没拿到任何资料 |
[14:56] | That’s great. Good, good, | 真不错 不错 |
[14:58] | good, Gob. You just lost the touch lamp. | Gob 你的触摸式台灯没了 |
[15:00] | – What? No! – The deal’s off. | – 不 – 交易取消 |
[15:01] | I’m gonna use the touch lamp to set | 我要用台灯来给爸妈嘿咻时 |
[15:03] | the mood in the conjugal trailer when Dad’s nailing Mom! | 制造气氛 |
[15:05] | No! Don’t… Michael! | 别 Michael |
[15:07] | You are filthy! | 卑鄙小人 |
[15:11] | The two cousins reunited… | 两兄妹回家了 |
[15:12] | each a little shaken by | 装出一副若无其事的样子 |
[15:13] | what they had pretended to be fearless about. | 其实都因所见所闻有点不知所措 |
[15:15] | – You think they’ll get divorced? – I don’t care. | – 你认为他们会离婚 – 我不在乎 |
[15:17] | I’m not saying “I don’t care” Like kids who | 我说”不在乎” 跟那些孩子不一样 |
[15:19] | say they don’t when they do… ’cause I don’t. | 明明在乎却说不在乎 因为我真的不在乎 |
[15:21] | Right. I know. Who cares, right? | 我知道 谁在乎 是吧 |
[15:25] | – I mean, I care. – How could you not? | – 我是说 我在乎 – 你怎么会不在乎 |
[15:28] | You know, our family’s really messed up. | 我们家里一团糟 |
[15:30] | I know. We’re the only normal ones. | 我知道 我们俩是唯一正常的 |
[15:32] | At least we got each other. Right? | 至少我们还有彼此 是吗 |
[15:44] | George Michael George Michael? | |
[15:45] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:47] | Sometimes I don’t know if it’s | 有时我不知道 |
[15:48] | gonna be a long or short hug or a middle-medium hug. | 拥抱是长还是短 还是中等 |
[15:51] | It’s hard to tell sometimes. | 很难判断 |
[15:53] | That was a good hug. That’s plenty for now. | 不错的拥抱 很长了 |
[15:55] | Hug’s gotta end sometime, obviously. | 拥抱总会结束 显然 |
[15:58] | Soon, Michael was driving Lucille to prison… | 不久 Michael开车送Lucille去监狱 |
[16:01] | and she seemed to be looking forward to it. | 她看上去十分期待 |
[16:04] | Where are we going after? | 完事后我们去哪 |
[16:10] | – Hey, Dad. – Michael! | – 爸 – Michael |
[16:12] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[16:14] | You needed my help, and it was hard for you to ask, | 你需要我的帮助 却难开口 |
[16:17] | so I took it upon myself to bring her. | 于是我做主把她带来了 |
[16:18] | That doesn’t make you uncomfortable? | 你不会觉得不好意思吗 |
[16:20] | The drive was a little awkward. | 来的路上有点尴尬 |
[16:22] | Not every son would do this for his father. | 不是每个儿子都能为父亲这样做 |
[16:26] | Thank you for this. | 谢谢你 |
[16:32] | Hello, George. | 嗨 |
[16:35] | What the hell’s your mother doing in here? | 你妈在里面干什么 |
[16:37] | – Who were you expecting? – Oh, I’ve done a bad thing. | – 你以为是谁 – 糟糕 |
[16:40] | I’ve done a terrible thing. | 这下惨了 |
[16:42] | – There’s someone else in that trailer, – I’ve done a repulsive thing. | – 那间房里有另一个人 是吗 – 我干了件让人憎恶的事 |
[16:44] | Wait… Whoa. It’s Kitty? | 等等 是Kitty吗 |
[16:47] | – Shh! – How long? | – 嘘 – 有多久了 |
[16:48] | – When did this start? – Oh, come on! This is the first time. | – 什么时候开始的 – 这是第一次 |
[16:55] | Every Friday for the last eight years. | 过去八年每个礼拜五 |
[16:57] | Horny. I got that. | 思春 我懂 |
[16:59] | Hey, wait a minute. This is easy. This is an easy one. | 等等 这好办 好办 |
[17:02] | I’ll go in there with Kitty, I’ll do my thing… | 我进去那 跟Kitty 完事 |
[17:05] | and th-th-then I’ll go and see your moth… This is a hard one. | 然后再去那 跟你妈 这会有难度 |
[17:09] | – She’s your secretary. – You’re right. | – 她是你的秘书 – 你说的对 |
[17:11] | Family first. | 家人第一 |
[17:13] | Take care of Kitty. Michael. | Kitty交给你了 |
[17:16] | I need you now. | 我需要你 |
[17:18] | “International accounts” Need me? | “国际账户” 需要我吗 |
[17:20] | And so an agreement was made. | 就这么说定了 |
[17:22] | George Sr. Would reveal the truth… | George Sr会揭开事实真相 |
[17:24] | and Michael would make sure Kitty didn’t come out of the trailer. | Michael会确保Kitty不出房间半步 |
[17:30] | Yeah? | 耶 |
[17:30] | I need you to come to the prison. | 需要你来一趟监狱 |
[17:33] | – I’m at the prison. – You’re here? | – 我就在监狱 – 你在啊 |
[17:36] | I’m delivering this strongly worded letter I wrote… | 我正在递送这封声讨信 |
[17:39] | lit by nothing but natural light. | 在光天化日之下 |
[17:41] | Well, how would you like that touch lamp and the office… | 你愿不愿意要那座台灯和办公室 |
[17:44] | and… what the hell… full use of the secretary? | 以及 管他的 秘书小姐随你用 |
[17:51] | Thank you for doing this. It means a… It means a lot. | 谢谢你 对我意味着很多 |
[17:55] | I, uh… Okay, I’ll get down on the couch. | 我 我先在沙发上躺下来 |
[17:58] | I’m not going to have sex with you, George. | 我不是来和你睡觉的 George |
[18:02] | I came to tell you how much I hate you | 我是来告诉你 我有多恨你 |
[18:04] | for what you’ve done to this family. | 对这个家的所作所为 |
[18:06] | – You’re angry. – You’ve ruined us. | – 你生气了 – 你毁了我们 |
[18:07] | I’ve ruined us? You got a lot of nerve, honey. | 我毁了我们吗 你真有胆说 |
[18:12] | The millions you pissed away | 你挥霍的上百万 |
[18:13] | on clothing and jewelry and spa treatments… | 衣服 珠宝 水疗养生 |
[18:15] | Yes, to keep you interested in | 是的 还不是为了满足你 |
[18:16] | the only thing you ever appreciated… my body. | 唯一的兴趣 我的肉体 |
[18:19] | Can I help it if you’ve got a fantastic body? | 我能说你的身材非常棒吗 |
[18:22] | And you’re as powerful as a bear. | 而你 壮的像一头熊 |
[18:27] | My husband the bear. | 我的熊老公 |
[18:29] | This bear needs some honey, wife. | 这头熊需要一些蜂蜜了 老婆 |
[18:32] | Oh, God, I missed you! | 我想你 |
[18:35] | Gob, meanwhile, stalled to keep Kitty in the other trailer. | 与此同时 Gob不得不让Kitty待在另一间房 |
[18:38] | Glasses off. | 脱掉眼镜 |
[18:39] | Glasses on. | 戴上眼镜 |
[18:41] | Hair up. | 扎起头发 |
[18:43] | Glasses off. | 脱掉眼镜 |
[18:45] | Down, on. Have we done up, off? | 下戴 我们试过头发扎上 摘掉眼镜吗 |
[18:48] | – Oh, Gob, this is so wrong. – And bright. | – Gob 这不对 – 而且很亮 |
[18:51] | Wrong a-and bright. | 错 而 亮 |
[18:54] | This… | 这 |
[18:56] | That’s be… brighter! | 这 更亮了 |
[18:58] | God! Damn. | 老天 |
[19:00] | I’m just gonna wash up real quick. | 我很快清洗一下 |
[19:03] | Uh, I think I’m gonna go with… with down and off. | 我决定选 头发放下 眼镜摘掉 |
[19:06] | Gob had to do the right thing. | Gob只能做出正确的选择 |
[19:12] | But as he headed to his car, he ran into the warden… | 但正当他走向他的车 遇到了监狱长 |
[19:15] | who hadjust read his strongly worded letter. | 刚刚读过他的声讨信 |
[19:17] | Well, if it isn’t “Sincerely Yours.” | 这不是”你 亲爱的”嘛 |
[19:22] | And so Gob was detained against the window of the trailer… | Gob被压在拖车的窗户上 |
[19:26] | his parents were becoming intimate in. | 而他的父母正在里面亲热 |
[19:28] | Oh, God, Mommy! What did you do? | 天 老妈 你在干嘛 |
[19:35] | – Hey, buddy. – Hey, where were you? | – 嘿 – 嘿 你去哪了 |
[19:38] | I had to help out your grandfather… | 我去帮你爷爷 |
[19:40] | and then I had to vow that | 然后发誓 |
[19:42] | I would never help your grandfather again. | 我再也不会帮你爷爷 |
[19:43] | Pretty much a normal day for me. | 在我 不过是普通的一天 |
[19:46] | How are you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[19:48] | I’m fine, I guess. It’s just… | 没事 只是 |
[19:51] | You think of prison as this place full of guilty people | 你以为监狱里到处都是有罪的人 |
[19:53] | and it doesn’t bother you that much. | 跟你没多大关系 |
[19:56] | But if Pop-Pop could be there, then anybody could be there. | 但如果爷爷会进来 那任何人都会进来 |
[19:59] | And I don’t wanna go to prison, Dad. | 我不想进监狱 爸 |
[20:00] | I don’t think I could take it. | 我想我会受不了 |
[20:02] | I know I act tough, but l… | 我知道我表面坚强 但我 |
[20:04] | Is this what you’re worried about? | 这就是你担心的吗 |
[20:07] | ‘Cause I got news… | 我要告诉你 |
[20:09] | he’s, uh… he’s guilty. | 他 他有罪 |
[20:13] | He is? | 是吗 |
[20:14] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[20:17] | Incredibly guilty. | 罪大恶极 |
[20:25] | On the next Arrested Development. | 发展受阻 下集预告 |
[20:28] | Tobias talks Lindsay into another session. | Tobias说服Lindsay再接受一次咨询 |
[20:31] | I’ve decided that… | 我决定了 |
[20:35] | I want to become an actor too. | 我也要成为一名演员 |
[20:41] | And George Sr. Makes good… | George Sr信守承诺 |
[20:42] | on his promise to come clean on the international accounts. | 在国际账户问题上全部交代 |
[20:45] | There’s a good chance that l… that I may… | 非常有可能 我 我也许 |
[20:50] | have committed some, um… | 犯了某种 |
[20:53] | light… treason. | 轻度的 叛国罪 |