时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything… | 故事是关于一个原本富裕的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice… | 其中一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 这就是发展受阻 |
[00:18] | It was Sunday morning, and Michael was making cornballs. | 这是个星期日的早晨 Michael在做玉米球 |
[00:21] | A Bluth family favorite since George Sr. Unsuccessfully… | 自从70年代中期老George不成功的市场推广之后 |
[00:24] | tried to market the device in the mid-’70s. | 布鲁斯家庭的最爱 |
[00:27] | Time to pull out the basket and we dig into some hot… | 现在提起篮子然后我们放进一些热… |
[00:29] | – Son of a bitch! – Oh, look what you did! | – 去他妈的 – 天哪 瞧瞧你都干了点什么 |
[00:32] | – You plopped it! – I’ll plop you! | – 你啪嗒失手了 – 我先”啪嗒”了你 |
[00:35] | It was a ritual Michael shared with his son… | 分享这个故事是Michael和他儿子 |
[00:37] | before their weekly bike ride to Balboa Island. | 每周去纽波特海滩骑自行车前的惯例 |
[00:40] | Be careful! Don’t touch that. Never touch that. | 小心 别碰那个 永远别碰它 |
[00:44] | I’m looking forward to our ride today. | 我很期待我们今天的自行车之旅 |
[00:45] | We better go extra hard to work off these cornballs. | 我们最好骑得更认真点来消耗掉这些玉米球的热量 |
[00:48] | Or, you could not eat the cornballs | 或者 你可以不吃这些玩意儿 |
[00:50] | and let your kid lead his own life. | 并且让你的孩子过他们自己想要的生活 |
[00:52] | Please. He loves this. Am I right? | 拜托 他可爱吃这个了 我没说错吧 |
[00:54] | Actually, uh, I can’t really go today. | 其实呃 我今天不能去 |
[00:58] | How’s that? | 为什么 |
[00:59] | My bike needs a tune-up or something. | 我自行车需要修一下或什么的 |
[01:02] | Let’s not blame the bike, okay? | 别拿自行车当借口 好吗 |
[01:03] | It’s the poor carpenter | 就跟可怜的木匠 |
[01:05] | that blames his shoddy tools for the… Ow! | 怪罪他那粗制滥造的工具一样 啊 |
[01:09] | Christ! | 哎呀 |
[01:13] | – That stupid cornballing piece of… – You okay? | – 这愚蠢的玉米球机器个.. – 你还好吗 |
[01:18] | So I’m gonna go, okay? | 那我就出去啦 可以吗 |
[01:19] | Yeah, yeah. It’s fine. | 随便你 随便你 没事 |
[01:21] | It’s good. That’s okay. Have fun. | 很好 好吧 好好玩 |
[01:24] | Getting too old for his daddy? | 长大了不要爹了 |
[01:26] | No. He’ll be fine. | 他会没事的 |
[01:28] | And I would buy him a faster | 而且我会给他买一辆更快的 |
[01:30] | bike if we weren’t trying to save every… | 自行车 要不是我们在省每一分钱的话 |
[01:33] | – Did you go shopping? – Oh, yeah. Don’t worry about it. | – 你是不是去购物了 – 恩 没什么大不了的 |
[01:35] | – Excuse me. – I paid for it myself. | – 拜托你 – 我自己付的钱 |
[01:37] | – With what? – Company credit card. | – 用什么付的钱 – 公司的信用卡啊 |
[01:40] | – You’re returning that. – But… | – 给我把那个退回去 – 可是 |
[01:41] | – Get a job. – Michael. Hey, the Cornballer. | – 去找个工作 -Michael 玉米球终结者诶 |
[01:45] | I thought these things were only legal in Mexico. | 我还以为这种东西只有在墨西哥才合法 |
[01:47] | In fact, the Cornballer wasn’t legal anywhere. | 其实 这东西在哪儿都不合法 |
[01:49] | But George Sr. Continued to market it there successfully. | 但是老George还是成功的在那儿推广了这机器 |
[01:53] | – Muy delicioso. – Es verdad. | – 好香啊 – 确实好香 |
[01:58] | Where’d you come from? | 你从哪里回来 |
[02:00] | I had another big fight with Marta. | 我和Marta又干了一架 |
[02:02] | Gob had been having an on-again, off-again relationship… | Gob和Marta有一段分分合合的恋情 |
[02:04] | with Marta, a Spanish-language soap opera star. | Marta是一个西班牙肥皂剧明星 |
[02:08] | It looks like I’m going to be staying here for a while. | 看起来我会在这儿待上一段时间了 |
[02:11] | No, it doesn’t. It doesn’t look like that. | 不 我不认为你能在这儿待 |
[02:12] | I’ve got a full house here, Gob. | 我已经有一大屋子的人要养了 |
[02:14] | He’s just in a bad mood, Gob, | 他心情不好 Gob |
[02:15] | because his son feels suffocated by him. | 因为他儿子被他弄得快闷死了 |
[02:18] | Suffocated? Really? | 被憋死 你得了吧 |
[02:19] | Yes, Michael. He’s a teenager. | Michael 你儿子还只是个青少年 |
[02:21] | He’s probably got a little girlfriend, | 他可能交了个小女朋友 |
[02:23] | and, well, let’s face it… | 我们得面对这现实 |
[02:24] | you are overbearing. | 你管太多了 |
[02:26] | Maybe I should be more like you | 或许在教育孩子的问题上 |
[02:27] | when it comes to parenting. | 我得多学学你 |
[02:29] | No borders. No limits. | 实行无界限 无限制 |
[02:30] | “Go ahead, touch the Cornballer. You know best.” | “尽管去摸好了 你自己清楚” |
[02:33] | Michael, if I could stick my | Michael 不知我是否 |
[02:35] | pretty little nose in here for one second. | 可以在这里打断 插句话 |
[02:38] | When I was a psychiatrist… | 当我还是个精神病医生的时候 |
[02:39] | and this is before I became an actor… | 当然这是在我当演员之前 |
[02:41] | You’re still not an actor. | 你仍然不是个演员 |
[02:43] | Lovely. | 说的不错 |
[02:44] | I saw a lot of this type of behavior… | 我曾经见识过很多这样的行为 |
[02:46] | and I think what you’re | 我认为你现在正在经历 |
[02:47] | experiencing is your son’s very normal need… | 你儿子非常正常的需要 |
[02:50] | to distance himself from his overbearing father. | 来远离你这个过分管教的老爸 |
[02:55] | Am I touching something? Hot! Hot, hot. Hot. | 我是不是碰到什么 烫 烫 烫 烫死了 |
[02:59] | – Be careful. – Hot. | – 小心点 – 烫 |
[03:03] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[03:05] | Hot. | 烫啊 |
[03:06] | Now, take my daughter, for example. | 就拿我女儿举例子吧 |
[03:10] | She lives her life… | 她过她的日子 |
[03:11] | and I get the pleasure of guessing what that might entail. | 我则以猜测这会有什么后果为乐 |
[03:15] | Now watch this. Maeby, | 看着 Maeby |
[03:17] | where are you off to on this glorious Sunday afternoon? | 这个美丽的周日下午你要去哪里 |
[03:20] | – She won’t tell me. – I’m going to audition for a play. | – 她不会告诉我的 – 我要参加一个戏的试镜 |
[03:23] | Well, that time it didn’t work. What play? | 好吧 这次没成功 啥啥戏 |
[03:26] | It’s for high school. You can’t audition. | 是学校的 你不能参加试镜 |
[03:29] | I was totally wrong. | 我完完全全的错了 |
[03:31] | She’s reaching out to her actor daddy. | 她正向他的演员老爸伸出双手 |
[03:34] | Does anyone have an ice pack? | 有没有人有冰冻袋 |
[03:36] | In truth, Maeby was reaching out to a boy named Steve Holt… | 事实上 Maeby是向一个叫Steve Holt的男生伸出双手 |
[03:40] | who was auditioning for the lead in the school play. | 这个男生去试镜那个校园剧的男主角 |
[03:43] | “I would kiss before I spoke.” | “我会在说话前亲吻“ |
[03:45] | Maeby decided to audition as well… | Maeby决定也要参加试镜 |
[03:48] | Iooking for a chance to get closer to Steve. | 找机会接近Steve |
[03:51] | And then we actually get to kiss, right? | 然后我们可以真的亲嘴 是吧 |
[03:53] | George Michael also chose to audition… | George 也去试镜了 |
[03:55] | Iooking for a chance to get closer to his cousin Maeby. | 想找机会接近他的堂妹Maeby |
[03:58] | “I would kiss before I spoke.” Then there’s a kiss, right? | “我会在我说话前先亲吻你” 然后我可以真的亲 是吧 |
[04:01] | Louder. | 讲响点 |
[04:03] | And then there’s a kiss, right? | 我可不可以真的亲下去 |
[04:04] | Later, the cast list was posted. | 过一会儿 演员表被公布了 |
[04:06] | Steve Holt! | Steve Holt 有我哈 |
[04:08] | Steve Holt Steve Holt! | |
[04:10] | Stand-in for Steve Holt? | Steve Holt的候选 |
[04:13] | Steve Holt Steve Holt! | |
[04:17] | Michael went to get his son | Michael去给他的儿子 |
[04:18] | a new bike to keep him from slipping away… | 买了一辆新车来阻止他离开自己 |
[04:20] | while Michael’s mother was giving up | 与此同时Michael的妈妈放弃了 |
[04:22] | hope her son Buster would ever leave her side. | 他儿子Buster会离开她身边的希望 |
[04:25] | Zip me up. | 帮我拉上拉链 |
[04:28] | Usually at this time of year… | 通常每年的这时候 |
[04:30] | Buster would return to his post-graduate studies. | Buster会回校继续他的研究生学习 |
[04:33] | But without the resources to afford it… | 但是现在没了资金支持 |
[04:35] | his summer vacation was extending into the fall. | 他的暑假只能延续到秋天 |
[04:38] | Mom! Mom! | 妈 妈 |
[04:45] | And Lucille was beginning to resent it. | Lucille开始对此有所怨恨 |
[04:49] | What? | 干嘛 |
[04:49] | Hi, Mama, it’s Linds. | Hi 老妈 是我 Linds |
[04:52] | It’ll fly out on its own. | 它会自己飞出去的 |
[04:54] | Why are you calling me? What do you need? | 你打电话给我干嘛 你又要什么 |
[04:57] | Very nice, Mom. I don’t need anything. | 问得好 老妈 我不需要任何东西 |
[04:59] | My daughter needs some new school clothes. | 我女儿需要点新衣服去上学 |
[05:03] | Buster Buster! | |
[05:04] | – It’s a bird. – I know it’s a bird. I’m on the phone. | – 是只小鸟 – 我知道那是鸟 我在打电话呢 |
[05:07] | – It walked on my pillow. – Look, | – 它在我枕头上走 – 听着 |
[05:09] | I have a child that costs me money too, you know. | 我也有个会花我钱的小孩 你知道的 |
[05:12] | Why can’t you get a job? | 你为什么就不能去找个工作呢 |
[05:13] | What is it with this family and working? | 这个家怎么老跟工作过不去呢 |
[05:15] | Michael just gave me the | Michael刚刚在所有人 |
[05:16] | exact same lecture in front of everybody. | 面前这样说我 一模一样 |
[05:17] | Everybody? Who’s everybody? | 大家 哪些大家 |
[05:22] | You know, the kids, Gob, Tobias, everybody. | 那些小孩 Gob Tobias 所有人 |
[05:25] | He didn’t invite Buster. | 他没邀请Buster |
[05:27] | Buster’s his brother too. What’s wrong with Buster? | Buster也是他的兄弟 Buster有哪里不好吗 |
[05:29] | And even as she asked the question, Lucille realized… | 虽然她自己问了这个问题 Lucille意识到 |
[05:32] | that perhaps it was time to let her own baby bird fly away. | 或许是时候让她的小小鸟离开自己展翅高飞了 |
[05:35] | – Why do I have to take him? – Because he’s your brother. | – 为什么我得接收他 – 因为他是你弟弟 |
[05:38] | You run around with everyone else, | 你和其他人都相处的很好 |
[05:40] | going on bike rides, making cornholes. | 骑自行车了啦 做玉米圆球啦 |
[05:42] | – Mom, listen… – Everyone’s laughing, | – 老妈 听着 – 除了Buster 大家都在欢乐 |
[05:44] | riding and cornholing except Buster. | 骑车 做玉米球 |
[05:48] | And I know he’s not the sharpest | 我知道他不是你们中最优秀的 |
[05:49] | knife in the drawer, but he’s sensitive, Michael… | 但是他很敏感 Michael |
[05:51] | and you could pretend to be interested in him. | 你可以装的对他很感兴趣 |
[05:54] | Fine. He can hang out, but he’s going to work, okay? | 好吧 他可以待在这 但是他要去工作 行吗 |
[05:57] | This is not going to be a day at the beach. | 这可不是在海滩边悠闲的一天 |
[06:00] | Th-That’s cool. Mom packed me a change of clothes. | 那那太好了 妈妈已经帮我打包好换洗的衣服了 |
[06:04] | So Buster stayed | Buster就这样留了下来 |
[06:06] | and Michael made him build the new bike. | Michael让他组装新自行车 |
[06:08] | It’s in the big box in my office. | 在我办公室的大盒子里 |
[06:10] | – Hey. – Michael. | – 嘿 – Michael |
[06:13] | Gob, what are you doing here, and why are you in a bathrobe? | Gob 你在这里做什么 还有你为什么穿着浴袍 |
[06:16] | What’s he doing here? Why is he in his bathing suit? | 那他又在这儿干什么 他穿着沙滩装干嘛 |
[06:19] | Mom dropped me off to spend time with Michael. | 妈妈把我在这边放下让我跟Michael待些时间 |
[06:22] | Spend time with Michael, | 和Michael待些时间 |
[06:23] | or to serve her own menopausal needs? | 还是满足她更年期需求 |
[06:25] | She’s always got to wedge herself | 她总是把她自己安插到 |
[06:26] | in the middle of us, so she can control everything. | 我们中间来以此控制一切事情 |
[06:29] | Yeah. Mom’s awesome. | 恩 妈妈最棒了 |
[06:34] | Maybe we should call her. | 或许我们应该给她打个电话 |
[06:38] | So why are you in your robe? | 你到底为什么穿着你的浴袍 |
[06:40] | I camped out in the boardroom last night. | 我昨晚睡在会议室里了 |
[06:42] | What with you kicking me out of your house… | 你把我赶出你的房子 |
[06:44] | there are few places left that you have that I can stay. | 你的地盘只有为数不多的地方我可以待着 |
[06:47] | Hmm. Well, you can’t stay here either. | 恩 你也不能待在这儿 |
[06:52] | Let me ask you something. | 我来问你点事 |
[06:54] | Is this a business decision, or is it personal? | 这是商业决策 还是私人决定 |
[06:57] | ‘Cause if it’s business, I’ll go away happily. | 要是是关于生意的 我很乐意离开 |
[07:00] | But if it’s personal, I’ll go away. But I won’t be happy. | 但是要是是私人的 我还是会走开 但是不会开心 |
[07:06] | It’s personal. | 是私人决定 |
[07:12] | I am so sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:14] | Michael’s son, meanwhile, | Michael的儿子与此同时 |
[07:15] | was waiting with his cousin for first rehearsal. | 正在和他的堂妹一起等他们的第一次排练 |
[07:18] | I’m surprised you tried out for this. | 我很惊喜你竟然尝试这个 |
[07:19] | Yeah. I just love the theater. | 恩 我真是很喜欢这个剧场 |
[07:21] | That’s great. I’m just doing it to kiss Steve Holt. | 那很好啊 我只是为了能亲到Steve Holt才来的 |
[07:23] | Well, actually, I think I’m gonna quit. | 其实我觉得我不怎么想演了 |
[07:26] | Yeah, theater’s dead. | 这剧院在我心里已死 |
[07:28] | But, he’s always going to be at football practice, | 但是他老是在足球训练 |
[07:30] | so I’m gonna have to kiss the stand-in. | 所以我不得不亲那个替补的了 |
[07:32] | But, no. No. I love the theater… | 但是我又瞬间重燃我对剧院的爱了 |
[07:36] | and I gave my word, so I’m back in. | 而且我做出了我的承诺 所以我又回归了 |
[07:40] | Tobias, meanwhile, stopped by the school. | Tobias在这时 到了学校 |
[07:43] | I know why you’re doing this. | 我知道你做这个的原因 |
[07:44] | Dad. What are you doing here? Go away. | 老爸 你在这里做什么 走开 |
[07:47] | Yes, because the director | 是因为导演 |
[07:48] | might be here soon, right? | 可能快到了 对吧 |
[07:50] | Oops. Too late. | 啊哦 太迟了 |
[07:51] | He’s already here. | 他已经到了 |
[07:53] | Hello, everyone, and welcome to the theater. | 大家好 欢迎来到剧院 |
[08:00] | I am Dr. Tobias Fünke | 我是Tobias博士 |
[08:03] | and I will be your new director. | 我将担任你们的新导演 |
[08:08] | Oh, my God. | 我的神啊 |
[08:12] | Tobias had gotten the directing job | Tobias通过找学校校长 |
[08:14] | by meeting with the school principal. | 得到了导演工作 |
[08:16] | And you tell me you’ve got some P.E. Teacher directing? | 你告诉我你让个什么体育老师来做导演 |
[08:18] | That just makes me wanna puke all over your head, sir. | 那只会让我想吐得你满脑袋都是 校长先生 |
[08:22] | Give me a chance to tell the Bard’s tale… | 给我个机会来表现<冰城传奇> |
[08:25] | and I give you my word on humble knee… | 我会屈膝向你保证 |
[08:28] | whence you shall not say it wasn’t e’er to be. | 汝绝非曰 行之无预 今则怅悔 |
[08:33] | Jerry, you cool with this? | Jerry 你对此没意见吗 |
[08:35] | Sure. Let the little fruit do it. | 没事 就让这小基友做吧 |
[08:38] | Huzzah! | 啊哈 |
[08:39] | As the days went by Buster’s apprenticeship was | 随着时间的流逝Buster的学徒身份 |
[08:41] | proving more trying than Michael had anticipated. | 带给Michael的”惊喜”远超出他的预期 |
[08:44] | We’re excited. We want your business. | 我们太激动了 我们想要你的这笔生意 |
[08:51] | And, uh, everybody at the Bluth Company… | 另外 布鲁斯公司的全员 |
[08:55] | Here I go again. | 我又来一个 |
[09:00] | And just when he could take no more… | 就在他再也受不了的时候 |
[09:02] | And we’re back on track. And we’re focused. | 我们回到轨道上来 我们专注 |
[09:05] | And, Buster… | 天 Buster |
[09:07] | you can’t do that in the snack room, pal? | 难道你就不能在休息间里做这活吗 老兄 |
[09:11] | Mom told me to stay away from microwaves. | 妈妈让我远离微波炉 |
[09:14] | And besides, this is gonna be… | 再说 这将会成为整个橘子镇 |
[09:16] | the most bitchingly fast bike in all of Orange County. | 最拉风快的的自行车 |
[09:20] | – Really? – Your son is gonna love it. | – 是吗 – 你儿子会爱不释手的 |
[09:23] | Well, I guess 3:40 is as good a time as any to call it a day. | 我觉得3点40分是个结束一天工作的好时机 |
[09:27] | So Michael left for the high school | Michael出发去高中 |
[09:29] | hoping to reconnect with his son… | 期待能够和儿子和好 |
[09:31] | while Tobias’s attempt to reconnect with his daughter hit a snag. | 但是Tobias向他女儿示好的尝试却遇到挫折 |
[09:36] | Stop! Stop it. It’s all wrong. | 停 停下来 全部都错了 |
[09:38] | – But we were just about to do the kiss… – Kiss. I know. | – 可是我们正快到要亲亲的部分 – 亲嘴儿 我知道 |
[09:40] | It doesn’t work. Look, you are playing adults with fully… | 那没用 看着 你们在演的是成人 具有完全的… |
[09:47] | Pick that up, please. With fully formed libidos… | 请帮我把那个捡起来 具有完全形成的情欲 |
[09:51] | not two young men playing grab-ass in the shower. | 不是两个在洗澡时候互抓屁股的年轻人 |
[09:55] | Would you hold the work, please? Oh, Michael. | 麻烦你就不能稳住吗 哦 是你 Michael |
[09:58] | Oh, Michael. | 哦 是你 Michael |
[09:59] | Dad, wh… | 老爸 你 |
[10:01] | So, you’re in a play, huh? | 所以你是在演戏哈 |
[10:02] | I’m not. | 我可没有 |
[10:04] | I quit. | 我不干了 |
[10:07] | Maeby Maeby. | |
[10:09] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[10:11] | It’s not really important. I’m just a stand-in. | 因为不是真的那么重要 我只是个替补的 |
[10:13] | And you’re ashamed? | 你对此感到不好意思 |
[10:15] | Well, this should cheer you up. Hmm? | 这东西应该能让你开心点吧 |
[10:18] | I left work early. I thought maybe we’d go for a ride today. | 我今天早下班了 我想今天我们或许可以一起去骑一圈儿 |
[10:22] | No, I can’t go on a bike ride right now. | 我现在不能跟你去骑车 |
[10:24] | Why, because of the play? You’re just a stand-in. | 为什么 因为这戏吗 你不过是个候补的 |
[10:25] | No, no. It’s not the play. It’s just… | 不是因为这戏 只是 |
[10:28] | You know, I can’t go on a million bike rides | 你知道的 不能无论什么时间 只要你想去 |
[10:29] | whenever you want me to. | 我就答应和你去骑车 |
[10:32] | Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Hey, is it about a girl? | 等等 等等 嘿 这是不是因为个女生 |
[10:35] | – No! It’s not. Just drop it, Dad. – You can tell me. | – 没有 不是的 别烦了 老爸 – 你可以跟我说说 |
[10:39] | What, is Lindsay right? Am I really suffocating him? | 难道Lindsay说的没错 难道我真的憋死这孩子了 |
[10:42] | Well, they’re different people every day, | 他们每天一个样 |
[10:44] | teenagers. Hormones all ablaze. | 青少年 荷尔蒙熊熊燃烧的年纪 |
[10:47] | Except, of course, when they’re onstage when I need it. | 当然除了 我想要他们在台上展现的时候却烧不起来 |
[10:50] | No, he said it wasn’t about a girl. | 不对 他说了不是关于女孩的 |
[10:53] | Maybe he really is pulling away. | 或许他真的是想推开我 |
[10:58] | Not a girl? | 不是关于女孩的 |
[11:01] | Of course. | 没错的 |
[11:06] | Methinks a Cupid I shall play. | 我觉得我应该演丘比特 |
[11:12] | Mm. Mmm. Mmm. | 恩 恩 恩 |
[11:17] | Tobias came up with a new plan for the play… | Tobias为这个戏想出了一个新方案 |
[11:19] | and a way to connect to George Michael. | 也是一个接触Geogre Michael的方法 |
[11:21] | I know why you’re in the play. | 我知道你为什么参加这戏了 |
[11:23] | – What? – Watch this. | – 啥 – 看着 |
[11:26] | Okay, everybody. Well, we’ve lost a leading lady… | 好吧 各位 我们失去了一位女主角 |
[11:28] | but did you know in Shakespeare’s day | 但是你们知道吗 在莎士比亚的年代 |
[11:31] | that the women’s roles were played by men? | 女士的角色都是由男人扮演的 |
[11:35] | Fancy that. | 惊叹吧 |
[11:38] | Hmm. | 恩 |
[11:41] | George Michael, you know Steven’s lines, yes? | Geoge Michael 你知道Steven的台词吧 |
[11:44] | – Sort of. – Fine. Then you are my Benedict. | – 差不多吧 – 好 那你就是我的Benedict |
[11:45] | And Steven Holt… Where is Steven Holt? | Steven Holt Steven Holt 在哪儿 |
[11:48] | Steve Holt! | Steven Holt到 |
[11:49] | Yes. Get ready for the acting | 准备接收演技 |
[11:50] | challenge of your sweet young life, fair lady. | 挑战吧 亲爱的姑娘 |
[11:53] | For you are my Beatrice. | 因为你是我的Beatrice |
[11:56] | Beatrice Beatrice! | |
[11:58] | Let’s take it from “Peace, I will stop thy mouth.” | 让我们从”静之 吾将封汝嘴” 这句开始 |
[12:02] | Now we’ll see if some sparks fly. | 接下来看看能擦出什么火花 |
[12:07] | As George Michael contemplated kissing his rival… | 在Geogre正因要亲吻他的对手而踌躇的时候 |
[12:10] | Michael sought his father’s advice. | Michael在寻求他爸的建议 |
[12:12] | You think you never hurt me? | 你觉得你就从没伤过我吗 |
[12:14] | What are you talking about? When have I ever rebelled? | 你在乱说些什么 我哪有叛逆过 |
[12:16] | I never see you anymore, Michael. | 我都见不着你了 Michael |
[12:18] | You’re in prison. | 那是因为你在监狱里 |
[12:20] | And I was here yesterday. | 而且我昨天刚来过 |
[12:23] | Oh, yeah. That’s-That’s… I’m sorry. | 哦 好像是的 那 那么 不好意思 |
[12:24] | I couldn’t break away from the poker game. | 我没办法从那牌局里退出来 |
[12:26] | Capital “G” Was down to his boxers. | 大G被扒的只剩下内裤了 |
[12:29] | – Strip poker? – Yeah, and it’s tough. | – 脱衣扑克 – 恩 特别激烈 |
[12:31] | We can really only play about two hands. | 我们就能玩两轮 |
[12:35] | Listen… | 听着 |
[12:38] | Let him go. Let your son go. | 放他走 给你的儿子自由 |
[12:42] | I can’t do that, Dad. He needs me. | 我不能那样做 他需要我 |
[12:44] | Michael, you don’t want to | Michael 你不会想 |
[12:45] | make the same mistake your mom made with Buster. | 犯你妈在Buster身上犯下的错误吧 |
[12:47] | – Yeah, boy. What happened there? – I really don’t know. | – 是啊 神啊 她俩究竟发生了啥 – 我真的不知道 |
[12:51] | Maybe it was the 11 months he spent in the womb. | 或许是因为他在子宫里待了11个月 |
[12:54] | The doctor said there were | 那个医生说 |
[12:55] | claw marks on the walls of her uterus, but… | 在你妈子宫壁上有爪印 但是 |
[12:59] | he was our miracle baby, you know? | 他是我们的奇迹之子 你明白的 |
[13:01] | And l-I was just too burned out on raising you guys to care. | 我因为要养你们而精疲力尽了 懒得管他 |
[13:03] | So, he turned out a little, uh, soft. | 所以他有点软弱 |
[13:08] | A little doughy. | 有点无力 |
[13:11] | I don’t know. Maybe-Maybe it was my fault. | 我不知道 或许 或许这是我的错 |
[13:12] | Maybe I just ignored the guy. | 或许是因为我忽视了这孩子 |
[13:18] | Wow. We’re just blowing through nap time, aren’t we? | 我们真是浪费我们的午睡时间 是吧 |
[13:25] | Yeah, I gotta let my son go. | 看来我得放手了 |
[13:30] | Lindsay, meanwhile, still had the dress… | Lindsay却还保留着那条裙子 |
[13:32] | and she was starting to get | 并且她开始得到了 |
[13:34] | some positive reactions to it. | 一些正面反馈 |
[13:36] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[13:38] | I am. | 是我 |
[13:40] | So she decided to hide it in the attic crawl space | 所以她决定把它藏在阁楼小角落里 |
[13:55] | Are you crazy? I’m a magician. I make my living with my hands. | 你发疯吗 我是个魔术师 我靠我的双手过活 |
[13:59] | – And if I’m going to be staying here… – Staying here? | – 如果我要继续留在这里 – 留在这里 |
[14:02] | What, did that Mexican throw you out? | 怎么 那个墨西哥人把你赶出来了 |
[14:04] | She’s not “That Mexican,” Mom. She’s my Mexican. | 她不是”那个墨西哥人” 老妈 她是我的墨西哥人 |
[14:07] | And she’s Colombian or something. | 而且其实她是哥伦比亚人还是什么的 |
[14:09] | Anyway, it’s over. | 总之 一切都结束了 |
[14:11] | – You’ve got three days. – Hey. | – 你有三天的时间 – 嘿 |
[14:13] | If I can’t find a horny immigrant by then, | 要是那时候我都没找到一个饥渴的移民 |
[14:14] | I don’t deserve to stay here. | 我也不配留在这儿 |
[14:16] | Oh! | 哈哈哈哦 |
[14:20] | Back at the model home, Michael was adjusting to… | 在家里 Michael正在通过弟弟的陪伴来 |
[14:23] | the absence of his son, by enjoying the company of his brother. | 让自己适应儿子的消失 |
[14:26] | You know, I’m in pretty good shape. | 你看我的身材很不错 |
[14:28] | You could be eating my dust all day, slowpoke. | 你可能一天都在我后边吃我的灰尘 慢吞吞同志 |
[14:31] | And Buster was starting to give as good as he got. | Buster也慢慢开始对所接受的有所回馈 |
[14:33] | Yeah. And you might be eating… | 恩 你也可能在吃 |
[14:41] | Well, let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. | 那就希望不要出现那个结果吧 |
[14:46] | Hey, Tobias. How’s my son doing? | Tobias 今天我儿子表现怎么样 |
[14:49] | Oh, well, he didn’t want to rehearse today… | 恩 他今天不想排练 |
[14:52] | but I do think I have a handle on what he’s going through. | 但是我想我大概知道他的问题在哪儿 |
[14:55] | I wish I could say the same for Steve Holt. | 我真希望我能对Steve Holt也了解 |
[14:57] | I don’t know what the hell her problem is. | 真不知道她的问题出在哪儿 |
[14:59] | – Her? – Oh, uh, I’m sorry. | – 她的什么- 哦 不好意思 |
[15:01] | I say that because I switched the parts, | 我这么说是因为我调换了角色 |
[15:04] | but, it’s still… | 但是 仍然感觉 |
[15:06] | off. | 不太对 |
[15:08] | Perhaps if she dressed as a woman. | 或许要是她穿的像个女的 |
[15:10] | She? | 她 |
[15:12] | Oh, for the love of God. She’s playing a woman. | 看在老天也得份上 她是演个女的 |
[15:19] | Look who’s back. | 看看谁回来了 |
[15:23] | I’m exhausted. | 我累死了 |
[15:24] | Neiman’s again, huh? | 又去尼曼店啦 |
[15:25] | Actually I’ve been going to the thrift store, | 实际上我去了二手店 |
[15:27] | but I’m going to find a way to keep that dress. | 但是我会找到个方法留着那裙子的 |
[15:29] | Things didn’t work out with Mom. | 没法跟老妈住一起 |
[15:33] | It was utterly macabre. | 真是完全的可怕 |
[15:37] | Zip me up. | 帮我拉上拉链 |
[15:42] | She always makes everything about her. | 她总是觉得地球绕着她转的一样 |
[15:45] | She’s the last person I ever want to need something from. | 她是我最后一个伸手要东西的对象 |
[15:47] | Well, she likes to be needed, | 可是她喜欢被需要 |
[15:48] | just as long as it doesn’t cost her anything. | 只要没花她一分一毛 |
[15:50] | It’s like she gets off on being withholding. | 就好像一毛不拔能让她兴奋一样 |
[15:54] | Whoa. Buster. | 哇哦 Buster |
[15:55] | Look who’s got something to say. | 这家伙也会说话了 |
[15:59] | I’m Mom, and I wanna shoot down | 我是妈妈 我想要否决 |
[16:01] | everything you say so I feel good about myself. | 任何你们说的话 并且我自我感觉非常好 |
[16:05] | Look who’s ragging on the old lady. | 瞧瞧谁在嘲笑那老太太 |
[16:07] | – Hey, hey. – Finally. | – 嘿嘿 -终于 |
[16:09] | ‘Cause I’m an uptight… | 因为我是个紧张焦虑的 |
[16:13] | Buster Buster! | |
[16:17] | You old horny slut! | 你这饥渴的老荡妇 |
[16:21] | Well, no one’s gonna top that. | 看来没人能压过他了 |
[16:27] | And Tobias had found the perfect wardrobe for his leading man. | Tobias为他的男主角找到了最合适的戏服 |
[16:32] | The red dress he discovered in the attic crawl space. | 一条在阁楼小角落里发现的红色连衣裙 |
[16:35] | Assuming Michael had found and returned it… | Lindsay猜测Michael发现了那条裙子并拿去退了货 |
[16:38] | Lindsay called her mother, | 她打电话给她妈 |
[16:39] | hoping to get money for a new one. – What? | 试图拿到点钱买一条新的 – 干什么 |
[16:42] | – Hi, Mama. It’s Linds. – Get a job. | – 嘿 老妈 是我 Linds – 找工作去 |
[16:44] | Look. Just hear me out. It’s Maeby’s dress. | 就听我说完 是Maeby的裙子 |
[16:47] | It was stolen from her locker. | 被人从她的寄物柜里偷了 |
[16:48] | They beat her up, and, uh, took all her clothes. | 他们打了她 还拿走了她所有的衣服 |
[16:52] | Send her over. I’ll take her shopping. | 把她送过来 我会带她去买新的 |
[16:54] | Buster was right. | Buster说的没错 |
[16:55] | You get off on being withholding, don’t you? | 一毛不拔能让你兴奋 是吧 |
[16:57] | – Buster said that? – That’s right. | – Buster 那样说我 – 没错 |
[17:00] | – My Buster? – Not anymore, apparently. | – 我的Buster – 很明显不再是你的了 |
[17:03] | While Lucille was missing her youngest son… | 当Lucille在怀念他的小儿子时 |
[17:06] | – Michael was finally enjoying his company. – Zip me up. | – Michael终于享受Buster的陪伴 – 帮我拉一下拉链 |
[17:10] | And while Buster did build a faster bike… | Buster的确组装了一辆特别快的车 |
[17:13] | – Whoo! – he neglected to build the brakes. | – 呜哇哦 – 他忘记了安装刹车 |
[17:14] | I’m flying! | 我要飞起来啦 |
[17:17] | Buster Buster? | |
[17:19] | And George Michael had news for Maeby. | Geogre Michael有给Maeby的消息 |
[17:22] | So, I quit the play. I don’t really like plays. | 我辞演了 我不是真的喜欢戏剧 |
[17:25] | Also, I think your dad thinks I’m gay. | 另外 我觉得你爸认为我是同性恋 |
[17:27] | Oh. He thinks everyone’s gay. | 他其实看谁都是基友 |
[17:29] | Do you wanna get a soda? | 一起去喝杯汽水不 |
[17:31] | I can’t. I’m actually back in the play. | 不行 因为我其实又回剧组了 |
[17:33] | We’re in the middle of dress rehearsal now. | 我们现在正在带妆彩排的中 |
[17:34] | But I thought Steve had your part. | 可是我以为Steve演你的角色 |
[17:36] | Steve did have Maeby’s part. | Steve确实演了Maeby的角色 |
[17:38] | And Tobias had given Maeby a new part. | Tobias给了Maeby一个新角色 |
[17:40] | So you want me to play the man? | 所以你是想让我来扮演男的 |
[17:42] | Yes. Don’t you see? L-I cast the parts all wrong. | 是的 难道你没看出来吗 我一开始把角色都安排错了 |
[17:45] | It was Daddy’s fault. | 这是我的失误 |
[17:47] | And I still get to kiss Steve, right? | 但是我还是可以亲到Steve 对吧 |
[17:51] | It’s gonna be a huge disaster. I’ll get you tickets. | 那戏会是场大灾难的 我会给你留票的 |
[17:56] | And Michael tried to salvage what was left of the day… | Michael试着拯救这天剩下的时间 |
[17:59] | with what was left of his brother. | 与他还”剩下的”弟弟一起 |
[18:00] | I’m a little shaky, but… | 我有点晕颤颤 但是 |
[18:02] | – but we’re here to work. – Michael. | – 但是我们是来工作的 – Michael |
[18:05] | – Mom. – What are you doing here? | – 老妈 – 你来这儿干嘛 |
[18:07] | Oh. Hello, Buster. Here’s a candy bar. | 哦 你好吗 Buster 这是给你的糖果棒 |
[18:10] | – Oh… – No. I’m withholding it. | – 哦 不行 我得收回来 |
[18:13] | Look at me getting off. | 看我兴奋的样子 |
[18:15] | How dare you turn Buster against me. | 你好大的胆子竟然让Buster跟我对着干 |
[18:17] | What are you talking about? | 你到底在说些什么啊 |
[18:19] | I know what you’ve all been saying. | 我知道你们都说了些什么 |
[18:20] | But I’m not going to let | 但是我不会让你 |
[18:21] | you destroy my relationship with my son… | 破坏我和我儿子之间的感情的 |
[18:23] | just because you don’t have one with yours right now. | 就因为你没有和你的儿子有一个良好的感情 |
[18:26] | Wait a minute. Me and my son are fine… | 等等 我和我儿子感情很好 |
[18:28] | and that is not what this is. | 而且跟这也没关系 |
[18:30] | Buster is a grown man. He can make his own decisions. | Buster是成熟男人了 他可以替自己做决定 |
[18:33] | – Why don’t you ask Buster what he wants. – Michael. | – 你为什么不问问Buster想要什么 – Michael |
[18:36] | I wanna go with Mom. | 我想跟妈妈走 |
[18:42] | You said that she shoots you down. | 你说过她否定你 |
[18:45] | I was trying to fit in. | 我只是想融入你们 |
[18:49] | You were flying today, buddy. | 你今天飞起来了 兄弟 |
[18:51] | Yes, I was flying… | 是的 我是飞起来了 |
[18:54] | but a little too close to the sun. | 但是飞的离太阳太近了 |
[18:57] | You let him go in the sun? | 你让他在太阳底下 |
[18:59] | Get in the backseat. I’ll be right out. | 去车后座待着 我马上出来 |
[19:01] | Front seat, Mom. I sit in the front seat now. | 前座 妈妈 我现在坐在前排座位了 |
[19:10] | Let me tell you something, Michael. | 让我来告诉你 Michael |
[19:12] | You have to fight for your family. | 你得为你的家庭争取 |
[19:15] | If you were smart, you’d | 要是你聪明的话 你就会 |
[19:16] | grab your son before he slips any further away. | 在你儿子走的更远之前抓住他 |
[19:20] | Well, I disagree, Mom. | 我不同意你 老妈 |
[19:21] | I’m not gonna control George Michael. | 我不会去控制Geogre Michael |
[19:23] | I’m gonna let him decide for himself what’s best. | 我会让他自己决定什么对他是最好的 |
[19:26] | Mm-hmm. Well, you better hope… | 好吧 你最好希望 |
[19:28] | that little bird decides to fly back into your house. | 那只小鸟会飞回你的鸟巢 |
[19:32] | Because they usually don’t. | 因为通常他们都不飞回来 |
[19:46] | So, uh, can we go now? | 所以 我们可以走了吗 |
[19:51] | Yeah. | 恩 |
[19:56] | And George Michael watched as Maeby shared the kiss… | Geogre Michael 看着Maeby和一个他差点要接吻的男生 |
[19:58] | that should’ve been his with a boy he almost had to kiss. | 分享那个本应属于他的吻 |
[20:07] | But, to Maeby’s surprise, | 但是 让Maeby惊讶的是 |
[20:09] | she did not enjoy kissing Steve Holt. | 她并不喜欢亲吻Steve Holt的感觉 |
[20:12] | You smell like my mom. | 你闻起来像我妈 |
[20:13] | Michael returned to | Michael回到了 |
[20:15] | the model home to find his son in the kitchen. | 家里在厨房找到了儿子 |
[20:18] | You’re home. | 你到家了 |
[20:19] | Yeah. I was waiting for you. | 恩 我在等你 |
[20:21] | I thought we could make some of these. | 我想我们可以做点这个 |
[20:24] | Sure. | 当然没问题 |
[20:34] | It was out of line. | 实在是太过分了 |
[20:35] | I shouldn’t have poked my nose into your life. | 我不应该对你的生活指手画脚 |
[20:37] | My life? | 我的生活 |
[20:39] | I know that you’re growing up. | 我知道你长大了 |
[20:41] | Yeah, but, Dad, you’re, like, the most important part of my life. | 恩 但是老爸 你是我生活里最重要的一部分 |
[20:46] | That’s a little cornball. | 那可真是颗够小的玉米球 |
[20:49] | I don’t mind. | 我不介意 |
[20:51] | I don’t mind either, buddy. | 我也不介意 兄弟 |
[20:54] | – Watch your… – Mother of God! | – 小心你的 – 去你妈的 |
[20:57] | Oh! Every damn time! | 你妹的 每次都这样 |
[21:00] | Oh! This is a big one. Oh! | 这可烫伤大了 哦 |
[21:03] | On the next Arrested Development. | 下一期的发展受阻 |
[21:05] | Tobias gets a review ofhis Shakespeare play. | Tobias得到了他的莎士比亚剧的点评 |
[21:08] | I didn’t get into this business | 我并不是为了取悦二年级生 |
[21:09] | to please sophomore Tracy Schwarzman, so… | Tracy Schwarzman 才加入这个行业的 所以 |
[21:12] | onward and upward! | 积极向上罢了 |
[21:15] | On… | 积 |
[21:17] | Why, Tracy? Why? | 为什么 Tracy 为什么 |
[21:20] | And Buster is back where he belongs. | Buster也回到他所属的地方 |
[21:23] | – Mom! – What is it? | – 妈 – 怎么啦 |
[21:26] | I can’t get down. | 我下不来了 |