时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything… | 故事是关于一个原本富足的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice… | 其中一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 这就是发展受阻 |
[00:18] | Another setback for the once prominent Bluth family… | 曾经显赫一时的布鲁斯家族再遭打击 |
[00:22] | as their frozen banana stand… | 他们的香蕉沙冰摊位 |
[00:23] | a Newport Beach landmark burns to the ground. | 纽波特海滩的地标 被大火烧得精光 |
[00:27] | A delicious whodunit after this. | 凶手是谁 颇耐人寻味 |
[00:32] | A week before the fire… | 在火灾前一星期 |
[00:33] | Michael Bluth was trying to save the Bluth Company… | Michael Bluth在努力挽救布鲁斯公司 |
[00:36] | – but his father was making it difficult. | 但他的父亲却没少添麻烦 |
[00:38] | – I need the flight records, Dad. | 我需要飞行记录 爸 |
[00:40] | I’m trying to find some money for the family. | 为了给家里筹一些钱 |
[00:42] | there’s always money in the banana stand. | 香蕉摊总是能赚钱 |
[00:45] | I am having a love affair | 我正在和这个夹心冰淇淋热恋中 |
[00:46] | with this ice cream sandwich. Want some? | 想吃吗 |
[00:47] | – You wanna take a bite? Take a bite. – Please. Please. | – 想咬一口吗 来 – 免了 免了 |
[00:49] | – Come on. Take a bite. Bite. – The S.E.C. Has locked up our funds. | – 来吧 咬一口 – 证监会冻结了我们的基金 |
[00:51] | – These guys aren’t messing around. – No touching! | -这些家伙可不是闹着玩的 -不准身体接触 |
[00:55] | So I need you to tell me. Were you taking vacations in the jet? | 所以请你告诉我 你用这些飞机去度假了吗 |
[00:58] | Is that what you are hiding from me? | 是不是有什么瞒着我的 |
[01:00] | I haven’t had a vacation in years. This is my vacation. | 我多少年没休过假了 这就是我的假期 |
[01:04] | I’m exercising. I’m sleeping well. | 我锻炼身体 充足睡眠 |
[01:07] | – You’re doing time. – I’m doing the time of my life! | -你在服刑 -这才是真正属于我的日子 |
[01:12] | – What’s up, pumpkin? – Hey. T-Bone! | -好啊 伙计 – 嘿 T-Bone |
[01:15] | – What’s up? – Yeah. T-Bone’s my roommate. | T-Bone和我住一间 |
[01:17] | He’s a flamer. | 他是纵火犯 |
[01:20] | – T’s checking out today. – Yeah. | – T今天出狱了 – 耶 |
[01:22] | Well, I guess every vacation’s gotta come to an end. | 休假总会结束 是吧 |
[01:29] | You just made a fool out of yourself in front of T-Bone. | 别在T-Bone前丢人现眼 |
[01:32] | Anyway, I want you to give him a job at the company. Sales. | 我想你在公司给他找份销售的活 |
[01:36] | – I’m not gonna do that. – Why not? | -不行 -为什么 |
[01:37] | – Because we don’t have any money. – Because he’s a flamer? I told you that in confidence. | – 因为我们没钱 – 因为他纵火吗 我可是悄悄告诉你的 |
[01:40] | You don’t seem to understand I’m running this company now, Dad… | 你还不明白 现在我是公司老总 |
[01:43] | and I need the flight records, and I’m gonna get them… | 我需要飞行记录 我迟早要拿到它们 |
[01:46] | – with or without your help. – All right. | – 不管你帮不帮忙 – 好吧 |
[01:49] | No touching.! | 不准身体接触 |
[01:52] | I got something we can try, all right? It’s a little risky. | 我有个主意 但有点冒险 |
[01:55] | – Please. – Open up. | – 请说 – 张嘴 |
[01:58] | What do you mean about… | 什么意思 |
[02:02] | While George Sr. Was losing a roommate… | George Sr的室友走了 |
[02:04] | George Michael was having a hard time adjusting to his new one. | George Michael的新室友让他备受煎熬 |
[02:11] | Okay, we are just about ass to ankles back here, Maeby. | 后排太挤了 |
[02:14] | Do you wanna hop on your cousin’s lap there, please? | 你坐到表哥腿上去 行吗 |
[02:19] | Whoa, bumpy road ahead. | 前面路有些颠簸 |
[02:27] | So, he addressed his problem head-on. | 于是 他决定迎难而上 |
[02:30] | Dad, I wanna work more hours at the banana stand. | 爸 我想在香蕉摊子多干点活 |
[02:32] | Wow. Huh. Well, that’s great. | 很好啊 |
[02:36] | You know, I used to be just like you when I was a kid. | 我还是孩子的时候 也跟你一样 |
[02:38] | – I used to love it there. | 非常喜欢那里 |
[02:40] | – It’s gonna be our best summer ever, Mikey.! | 这将是我们最棒的夏天 |
[02:45] | Well, I’ll tell you what. I’m gonna give you a promotion. | 你知道吗 我决定提拔你 |
[02:47] | Welcome aboard, Mr. Manager. | 祝贺 经理先生 |
[02:50] | Wow! I’m Mr. Manager! | 哇 我是经理先生 |
[02:52] | Well, manager. We just say “Manager.” | 是经理 我们只说”经理” |
[02:54] | And you can hire an employee if you need one. | 如果需要 你可以招一个手下 |
[02:57] | – Do you think I need one? – Don’t look at me, Mr. Manager. | -你觉得我需要吗 -别问我 经理先生 |
[03:01] | Right. It’s up to me now. I’m Mr. Manager. | 对 由我做主 我是经理先生 |
[03:04] | – Manager. We just say… – I know, but you just… | -叫经理就好 -我知道 但你刚刚 |
[03:07] | It doesn’t matter who. | 跟谁无关 |
[03:11] | 死鸽子 请勿吃 | |
[03:16] | I don’t know what I expected. | 我以为会是什么玩意儿呢 |
[03:19] | What’s going on? This is exactly | 怎么了 |
[03:21] | where the two of you were when I left this morning. | 今早我走的时候你俩就这德性 |
[03:23] | – Is nobody gonna even try to get a job? – I have a job, Michael. | – 有人去找工作了吗 – 我有工作 |
[03:27] | – It’s called supporting my husband. – You haven’t been shopping. | – 这叫支持我的老公 – 你没去采购 |
[03:31] | The only thing I found in the freezer was a dead dove in a bag. | 我在冰箱里只找到个装了一只死鸽子的袋子 |
[03:34] | You didn’t eat that, did you? | 你没吃吧 |
[03:36] | ‘Cause I’ve only got a couple days left to return it. | 因为退货期限只剩几天了 |
[03:39] | Died right in the middle of a show. | 在表演时死了 |
[03:41] | – Do you want a cage for that? – No. I’m a magician. | – 你需要笼子装吗 – 不 我是魔术师 |
[03:50] | What is your return policy, by the way? | 你们有退货条款吗 |
[03:54] | Not that I have to defend myself, | 并不是我找理由 |
[03:55] | but for your information, I did go shopping. | 但我的确去买东西了 |
[03:57] | You spent $68 on hair conditioner? | 你买了68元的护发素 |
[04:00] | A small price to pay for self-esteem, Michael. | 为了自尊 这可不算什么 |
[04:03] | Or are you still jealous that you | 你还耿耿于怀吗 高中时候 |
[04:04] | lost Best Hair to me in high school and got Dorkiest? | 我赢得最佳发型 你赢了最呆发型 |
[04:07] | Lindsay’s achievements in high school… | Linsday高中所取得的成绩 |
[04:09] | had always overshadowed Michael’s. | 总让Michael相形见绌 |
[04:13] | I agree with Michael. | 我同意Michael |
[04:14] | It’s important not to tie your self-esteem… | 我们不应该把外貌以及别人的看法 |
[04:16] | into how you look or what people think of you. | 和自尊联系起来 |
[04:18] | I mean, look at me. I’m an actor. | 看看我吧 我是一名演员 |
[04:21] | An actor, for crying out loud! I mean | 演员 乖乖 |
[04:24] | You know how much rejection I face every day? | 你知道每天我要遭受多少拒绝 |
[04:28] | But in this business of show… | 但在演艺圈 |
[04:30] | you have to have the heart of an angel… | 你的心灵要像天使一般 |
[04:32] | and the hide of an elephant. | 脸皮要厚得跟城墙一样 |
[04:36] | But you’ve never actually had an audition. | 但你从来没去试过镜 |
[04:40] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[04:42] | excuse me! | 不 好 意 思 |
[04:48] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[04:51] | Some really great spousal support. You know something, Lindsay? | 真是不错的鼓励 你知道吗 Lindsay |
[04:54] | You might wanna start thinking | 你不好好想想 |
[04:55] | about the example you’re setting for your daughter… | 你在你女儿眼中是一个什么形象 |
[04:57] | unless you want her to end up just like you. | 不然她会变得跟你一模一样 |
[04:59] | Yeah. Shoot me when that happens. | 如果那样就毙了我吧 |
[05:03] | Is there a carbon monoxide leak in this house? | 是不是一氧化碳泄漏了 |
[05:08] | George Michael, you’re taking your cousin to work today, OK? | George Michael 带你表妹一起去上班 |
[05:11] | That’s your new employee. I do not | 她就是你的新员工 我可不希望 |
[05:12] | want my niece to end up just like everyone in this family. | 我的侄女变得跟家里其他人一样 |
[05:14] | Uh-uh. You’re not telling my daughter what to do. She’s a child! | 轮不到你来管教我的女儿 她还是个小孩 |
[05:17] | No, I’m not. I can work. | 不 我可以干活 |
[05:20] | I don’t know about this. | 我不太确定 |
[05:21] | I mean, it can get pretty hairy in there. | 那里面会让人不很舒服 |
[05:24] | Fine. Do what you want. | 行 随你便 |
[05:26] | If I know my daughter, that stand won’t be there in a week. | 要是我了解自己的女儿 那摊位不出一星期就没了 |
[05:31] | You stay on top of her, buddy. | 你要”在上面”好好照顾她 |
[05:34] | Do not be afraid to ride her. Hard. | 必要时对她严加”调教” 狠狠地 |
[05:42] | George Michael’s attempt to distance himself… | George Michael试图和表妹保持距离的计划 |
[05:44] | from his cousin proved unsuccessful. | 以失败告终 |
[05:52] | I can’t tell you how many | 我不想说你违反了多少 |
[05:53] | health codes you’re violating right now. | 食品健康条例 |
[05:55] | I can’t believe I volunteered for this. | 自愿帮忙 我在想什么 |
[05:57] | This is my stupidest rebellion ever. | 最愚蠢的叛逆行为 没有之一 |
[06:01] | Hey, do you wanna go play Skee-Ball? | 想去玩”滚雪球”吗 |
[06:04] | – – Wait… This is the cash drawer. | 等等 这是收银机 |
[06:07] | My dad’s gonna come by at the end of the weekend… | 我爸每周末会检查 |
[06:09] | and the number of bananas | 香蕉数量 |
[06:10] | has to match the amount of money in here. | 要和钱的数量保持一致 |
[06:12] | – Oh, so it all has to even out? – Exactly. | -所以要保持对等吗 -没错 |
[06:14] | Easy. Banana. | 好说 香蕉 |
[06:18] | Buck. | 钞票 |
[06:19] | Banana. Take a buck. | 香蕉 拿一张钞票 |
[06:22] | And Michael went to his mother for the flight records… | Michael去她妈那里要飞行记录 |
[06:25] | his father wouldn’t give him. | 他爸不给 |
[06:27] | Then why don’t you marry an ice cream sandwich? | 那你干嘛不跟夹心冰淇淋结婚 |
[06:31] | – I gotta go. – Who was that? Was that Dad? | – 我得挂了 – 你跟谁打电话 是爸吗 |
[06:34] | – That was Gob. – Uh-huh. | – 是Gob – 嗯哼 |
[06:37] | – So, Mom, I’m trying to find… – I don’t know where they are. | – 妈 我要找 – 我不知道在哪 |
[06:39] | these flight records. | 飞行记录 |
[06:42] | You know, it’s really more believable if you let me finish. | 你让我把话说完会比较可信 |
[06:44] | Why am I the only one that | 怎么好像就我一个人 |
[06:45] | seems to get how much trouble this family is in? | 了解家里现在遇到多大的麻烦 |
[06:48] | Oh, I get it, Michael. I get it. | 我懂 Michael 我懂 |
[06:50] | But how should I know where the records are kept? | 但我怎么知道那些记录在哪 |
[06:52] | Your father’s in charge of all that. | 都是你爸在管 |
[06:54] | No, I’m in charge of all of that. | 不 现在是我负责 |
[06:56] | And I think that you do know where they are. | 我觉得你肯定知道在哪 |
[06:58] | Oh, it’s probably all in a storage unit somewhere. | 可能在某个储藏室 |
[07:01] | Where is the storage unit? | 储藏室在哪 |
[07:03] | – I don’t remember. – Try. | – 不记得了 – 想 |
[07:04] | Something with “Dale.” I don’t know. Brookfeather. | “溪谷”什么的 我不知道 还是溪羽 |
[07:08] | Raintree. It’s hot. It’s very hot there. | 雨树 那里非常热 |
[07:11] | – I’ve never been. Get a warrant! – Don’t think I won’t. | – 我没去过 申请搜查令 – 别以为我不敢 |
[07:15] | Mother… Mother, I care about this family. | 妈 我是为这个家着想 |
[07:18] | And I do, too, my darling. | 我也是啊 亲爱的 |
[07:21] | That’s why I’m worried about Gob. | 所以我担心Gob |
[07:22] | I was on the phone with him this morning. | 我跟他早上才通过电话 |
[07:24] | You mean just now, right? When I came in? | 你是说刚才吗 我进屋的时候 |
[07:28] | Yes, just now, when you came in. And he’s upset. He’s very upset. | 是刚才 你进门的时候 他很难过 伤心 |
[07:32] | You havn’t include him in the business at all. | 你不让他参与公司事务 |
[07:35] | He’s your older brother. You could find a little job for him. | 他是你哥哥 你能帮他找份工作 |
[07:38] | – Make him feel special. – But he’s not special, Mother. | – 让他感到特别 – 但他没什么特别的 |
[07:42] | No. | 不 |
[07:44] | But he loves you. We all love you. | 但他爱你 我们都爱你 |
[07:48] | – Where’s the storage unit? – It’s with your warrant. | – 储藏室在哪 – 拿搜查令来 |
[07:52] | Luz, that coat cost more than your house! | Luz 那件大衣比你的房子还值钱 |
[07:57] | Oh, that’s how we joke. She doesn’t even have a house. | 我们说笑罢了 她根本就没房子 |
[08:02] | The next day, Tobias looked for work. | 第二天 Tobias去找工作 |
[08:16] | Oh, look at all these parts! | 看看这些角色 |
[08:22] | Tobias, nice to see you off the couch. | Tobias 你终于离开沙发了 |
[08:25] | I was looking for work, and I blew it, Michael. | 我在找工作 但我失败了 |
[08:29] | I guess you’ve already seen that, huh? | 你已经看过那个了吗 |
[08:31] | Yes, I have. Oh, right. This one. | 看过了 哦 这个 |
[08:35] | Yeah, I’ll call them again, I guess. | 我再给他们打个电话 |
[08:37] | I’ll give them one more shot. | 再给他们一次机会 |
[08:40] | And that’s when Michael figured out how to get his mother… | 就在此时 Michael想到了如何让她母亲 |
[08:42] | to lead him to the storage | 说出储藏室的地点 |
[08:44] | unit where the flight records were kept. | 拿到飞行记录 |
[08:48] | – Hello. – Hey, Mom, it’s Michael. Listen. | -你好 -妈 是Michael 听我说 |
[08:51] | Before I forget, I talked to the I.R. S… | 趁我还记得 我跟国税局的人谈过 |
[08:53] | and they wanna come by your apartment today… | 他们今天想来你住的地方 |
[08:55] | to see if you charged any big-ticket stuff to the company. | 查看你是否以公司名义购买了贵重物品 |
[08:58] | Furs or… | 皮草等等 |
[09:02] | I don’t know. Just a heads-up. | 我也说不上来 给你提个醒 |
[09:06] | Oh, that poor woman. | 无可救药 |
[09:12] | So Michael followed Luz… | Michael跟踪Luz |
[09:13] | who had been sent to hide the evidence. | 去窝藏证据的地点 |
[09:16] | Meanwhile, Tobias had | 与此同时 Tobias得到了 |
[09:17] | arranged an audition for a local commercial. | 当地广告试镜的机会 |
[09:19] | Lindsay came along to appear supportive. | Lindsay陪同前去 以示支持 |
[09:22] | – This could take a while. – Honey, it’s one line. | – 可能要耽搁一阵 – 亲爱的 就一句台词 |
[09:26] | Not if I do my job right. | 要是我演的好 那就不止咯 |
[09:28] | First of all, I love it. Quick question though. | 首先 我非常喜欢 但有个问题 |
[09:32] | Am I panicked about the fire, | 我因为火灾而惊慌吗 |
[09:34] | or am I being brave for everyone else? | 还是英勇舍身 |
[09:36] | The fire… It’s… It’s a fire sale. | 这火灾 是火灾受损物品拍卖 |
[09:46] | Okay, I didn’t, um… | 好吧 我没 额 |
[09:48] | Well, let’s give it a shot. | 试试吧 |
[09:52] | Oh, my God! We’re having a fire… sale. | 天那 这里有火灾 大拍卖 |
[09:56] | Oh, the burning! It burns me! | 烧起来了 烧到我了 |
[09:59] | Evacuate all the schoolchildren.! | 疏散所有学童 |
[10:08] | I can’t even see where the knob is! | 门把手在哪里 我看不到 |
[10:18] | And scene. | 完毕 |
[10:23] | Would you like to try that a little simpler maybe? | 你能稍微简化一点吗 |
[10:28] | No. | 不行 |
[10:33] | Okay. Anybody else? Anyone? | 下一位 还有吗 |
[10:37] | Lindsay Bluth Lindsay Bluth? | |
[10:39] | – It’s Fünke. – Roger Danish. | -她姓Fünke -Roger Danish |
[10:41] | Look at you. I can’t believe it’s Lindsay Bluth. | 瞧你 真不敢相信是你 |
[10:44] | – Oh! – Fünke. | 她姓Fünke |
[10:45] | Roger was my male counterpart in high school. | Roger高中赢得了男生最佳发型 |
[10:49] | Remember how crazy our hair was back then? | 还记得当时我们的发型多夸张吗 |
[10:51] | What were we thinking? So what are you doing now? | 当时我们想什么 你现在做什么 |
[10:54] | – He’s, uh, casting my commercial. – Oh… | 他为我的广告选角 |
[10:56] | Yeah, trying to. The South Coast Boutique is having a fire sale. | 南岸商店在做火灾拍卖 |
[11:00] | South Coast Boutique? They’re having a fire sale? | 南岸商店吗 有火灾拍卖吗 |
[11:08] | Meanwhile, Michael was still following his mother’s housekeeper. | 与此同时 Michael还在跟踪他妈的管家 |
[11:18] | And she did finally lead him to the storage unit. | 她终于到达了储藏室 |
[11:22] | Unfortunately, it was on fire. | 但不幸那里着火了 |
[11:30] | Somebody wanted this place to go. | 有人想毁掉这地方 |
[11:33] | – Yeah? What do you mean, arson? | 什么意思 纵火吗 |
[11:35] | – Oh, definitely the work of a flamer. | 绝对是纵火犯所为 |
[11:59] | It shoots tomorrow, and are you ready for this? | 明天开拍 你准备好了吗 |
[12:02] | – It pays 1,000 bucks! – Mmm. I thought that was Tobias’s part. | – 能赚1000元呢 – 我以为是Tobias去演 |
[12:07] | Yes. No. No, I did not book this one. | 这次不是我 |
[12:10] | I, uh… I think I made the, uh, fire too real, uh, for them… | 我觉得我把火灾演得过于逼真 |
[12:13] | and, uh… and probably failed to highlight the sale. | 忽略了拍卖的部分 |
[12:17] | So, good for her. And, uh, will you excuse me, please? | 恭喜她 我想一个人呆会儿 不好意思 |
[12:24] | Well, that’s great, but I’ve got my own problems. | 不错嘛 但我还有麻烦事要处理 |
[12:26] | The flight records? They burned up. | 飞行记录 全被烧了 |
[12:28] | Ok? That’s fine. That’s over with. But I think Dad is behind it. | 没关系 烧就烧了 但我认为是爸指使的 |
[12:32] | I think Dad is trying to run the business from prison. | 爸想从监狱操纵公司 |
[12:35] | Well, isn’t that ironic? I’m making a fortune at my new job… | 有点讽刺啊 我的新工作能让我大赚一笔 |
[12:39] | and you don’t even have the job you thought you did. | 而你以为你有份工作 实际上却没有 |
[12:41] | But you don’t have a job. You’ve got a job offer. | 你哪有工作 你不过获得一个机会 |
[12:43] | Anybody can get a job offer. | 谁都可以 |
[12:49] | So, I’m gonna go see Dad, because this is my business to run now. | 我要去见爸 因为现在公司归我管 |
[12:52] | Your business? | 归你吗 |
[12:57] | Hey, there you are, Gob. | 你在这啊 Gob |
[12:59] | I have been looking all over for you. | 我到处找你 |
[13:02] | I could really use some help. | 帮我一个忙 |
[13:04] | Well, I was gonna return this dove. | 我本来要去退还这鸽子 |
[13:08] | What are you… You want | 你想让我 |
[13:09] | me to run a meeting for you or something? | 让我帮你组织开会什么的吗 |
[13:11] | Or, even better, could you mail this letter for me? | 比那更有趣 你能帮我寄这封信吗 |
[13:15] | You can’t just give that to a mailman? | 不能让邮递员去做吗 |
[13:17] | I can’t trust a mailman with this. This is important. | 信不过邮差 这封信很重要 |
[13:21] | Gob was intrigued. He also suspected… | 这引发了Gob的兴趣 他本来怀疑 |
[13:23] | he couldn’t return a completely frozen dove to a pet store… | 能不能把一只冷冻鸽子退还给宠物店 |
[13:26] | and get the full refund he felt he was entitled to. | 并理所当然地获得全额退款 |
[13:29] | – I’ll mail that letter. | 我去寄吧 |
[13:31] | – Michael then went to confront his father. | Michael去找他爸对质 |
[13:34] | You are not going to keep running the company from in here, okay? | 你不能在这里操纵公司经营 行吧 |
[13:37] | That’s why you wanted me to give T-Bone a job? | 这就是为何你让我给T-bone找份工作吗 |
[13:39] | – To pay him back for burning | 报答他烧了储藏室 |
[13:40] | down the storage unit? – Michael, that’s ridiculous. | Michael 这纯属胡说 |
[13:43] | Well, I’m not hiring him. No. We don’t have the money, Pop. | 我不会雇他 没钱 |
[13:47] | – Always money int the banana stand! – Banana stand, You know, | – 香蕉摊子总是有钱 – 还香蕉摊 你知不知道 |
[13:51] | that’s exactly what this feels like. Huh? | 这是什么感觉 |
[13:54] | Like I’m still stuck in that | 就像我整个夏天都困在那个摊位上 |
[13:55] | hot booth all summer with you pulling the strings. | 而你在背后操纵 |
[13:57] | What was I gonna do, | 我能怎么办 |
[13:58] | put a kid in charge of a frozen banana stand? | 让一个孩子照看摊子吗 |
[14:00] | Sure. That’s what I did. I just made my son the manager. | 没错 我就这么做的 让我儿子当经理 |
[14:04] | George Michael is running the frozen banana stand now? | George Michael在照看香蕉摊子吗 |
[14:07] | That’s right. Yeah. You sit with that. | 没错 你就忍了吧 |
[14:08] | You think about that for a while. | 你好好想想吧 |
[14:11] | George Sr. Did think about that. | George Sr的确想了 |
[14:18] | Well, now that we’ve got an employee, we can go have dinner. | 现在有人给我们干活 我们可以去吃饭了 |
[14:24] | We throw away a banana | 丢一支香蕉 |
[14:25] | for every buck we take so no one finds out. | 拿一张钞票 这样没人会知道 |
[14:28] | Wait a minute. I think you should do that math again. | 等等 你们应该仔细算算 |
[14:30] | – Why? Is it wrong? – It’s fine. | -怎么 错了吗 -没事 |
[14:33] | He’s an arsonist, not an embezzler. | 他是个纵火犯,不是什么金融犯 |
[14:37] | Meanwhile, Michael got an urgent call from his mother. | 与此同时 Michael接到她妈的紧急电话 |
[14:40] | Gob is unhappy. | Gob不高兴了 |
[14:42] | Again? I tried to include him. I gave him a job. | 什么 我让他参与了 我给了他一份工作 |
[14:45] | – You gave him a letter to mail. | 你让他去寄信 |
[14:47] | – Don’t tell me that was too much for him. | 别告诉我这他都不会做 |
[14:49] | No, Michael, he mailed the letter. That’s not the point. | Michael 他寄了信 但问题不在这里 |
[14:52] | Gob had not mailed the letter, but, in an act of defiance… | Gob没有寄信 为了表示抗议 |
[14:55] | dramatically hurled the letter into the sea. | 用吃奶的力气把信投向大海 |
[15:00] | This proved a more difficult | 这件事比他想象的 |
[15:02] | dramatic gesture than he’d anticipated. | 要困难夸张得多 |
[15:17] | – So what do you want me to do about it? – Don’t take that tone. | -那我能怎么办 -别用这种语气 |
[15:19] | – He’s my son. I want you to make him stop calling me. – | 他是我儿子 让他别再不停给我打电话 |
[15:24] | Am I the only one who works in this family? | 这家里只有我没下岗吗 |
[15:26] | Yes, that’s my gal. | 我的好媳妇 |
[15:29] | Who would have imagine? Two actors in one family. | 谁能想到一家子里有两个演员 |
[15:33] | We’re like the Lunts! | 我们就是演艺世家 |
[15:36] | You see… Excuse me. – Mama. | 不好意思 |
[15:41] | And so, Lindsay and Maeby | Lindsay和Maeby |
[15:43] | separately went to the same restaurant… | 分别到了同一家餐馆 |
[15:45] | to celebrate thejobs they hadn’t actually performed… | 去庆祝他们还未上岗的工作 |
[15:48] | with money they hadn’t actually earned. | 花他们还没赚到的钱 |
[15:50] | Did you enjoy your meal, Mom? You drank it fast enough. | 你吃得还好吗 妈 你喝的太快了 |
[15:54] | – Hi, Lucille.! – Not as much as you enjoyed yours. | -嗨 Lucille -没你吃得好 |
[15:56] | You want your belt to buckle, not your chair. | 系好皮带 坐稳椅子 |
[15:59] | Okay, this is what I told Tobias you’d do. | 我跟Tobias说过你会这样 |
[16:01] | Say what you will about him. At least he’s happy for me. | 你想怎么说他都行 至少他替我开心 |
[16:09] | You know, I think we might be doubling our losses here. | 我觉得这是让我们的损失翻倍 |
[16:12] | Because, I mean, for every dollar you take, | 因为 你每拿一块钱 |
[16:14] | you’re actually taking two dollars… | 我们损失两块钱 |
[16:16] | because we paid for the bananas. | 因为我们还为香蕉付钱 |
[16:18] | Oh, my God, you’re right. | 我的天 你说的对 |
[16:21] | I am? Oh, God, I’ve screwed this up! Okay, we gotta go. | 是吗 天哪 我搞砸了 快走吧 |
[16:26] | – Oh, my God! It’s your mom and Gangy. | 我的天 是你妈和奶奶 |
[16:29] | – What are they doing here? | 他们在这里干什么 |
[16:31] | They’re grown-ups. | 他们是成年人 |
[16:32] | They’re allowed to have fun whenever they want. | 想玩就玩 |
[16:33] | We’re kids. We’re supposed to be working. | 我们是孩子 应该去工作 |
[16:35] | Now they’re gonna tell my dad… | 他们会告诉我爸 |
[16:36] | and he’s gonna come check the totals and know we took the money. | 他会来查账 发现我们拿了钱 |
[16:38] | – Oh, God, this is bad. What are we gonna do? – Look. | – 大事不好 我们怎么办 – 听着 |
[16:41] | Pop-pop, he’s a business man. What would he do? | 爷爷 他是生意人 他会怎么办 |
[16:46] | Bananas Foster. | 香蕉天堂 |
[16:52] | You might wanna let that | 不妨等到火灭了 |
[16:53] | fire go out before you stick your face in it. | 你在把脸扑上去 |
[16:55] | That’s funny, ’cause I was gonna say, | 很幽默 因为我打算说 |
[16:57] | “You might wanna lean away from that fire… | 你最好离火远一点 |
[16:58] | since you’re soaked in alcohol.” | 因为你泡在酒坛子里 |
[17:01] | Mine was better. | 我的更好 |
[17:04] | Welcome to Bluth Bananas, where bananas are our business. | 欢饮光临Bluth香蕉 我们以香蕉为生 |
[17:06] | May I interest you in a banana this day? | 愿意来一份香蕉吗 |
[17:08] | – T-Bone, what are you doing here? – Your dad gave me this job. | -T-Bone 你在这干嘛 -你爸给我这工作 |
[17:12] | Michael realized that his father had even taken control… | Michael意识到他父亲甚至已经 |
[17:16] | of the banana stand. | 控制了香蕉摊子 |
[17:18] | But he still had some unanswered questions… | 但他还有些疑问 |
[17:20] | so he did a little detective work. | 于是他进行一番调查 |
[17:21] | – You burn down the storage unit? – Oh, most definitely. | – 是你烧了储藏室吗 – 完全正确 |
[17:28] | Michael, having a nice day at the beach… | Michael 在海滩偷闲 |
[17:32] | while the rest of us are busting our asses to deliver your mail? | 而我们这些却要为了寄信忙死忙活 |
[17:36] | What do you want me to say? You go and complain to Mom… | 你要我说什么 你还去跟妈抱怨 |
[17:39] | – and I tried to include you. – Include me? | – 我尽力让你参与 – 让我参与吗 |
[17:40] | – Yeah. – I should be in charge. I’m the older brother. | – 是的 – 应该让我来指挥 我是你哥 |
[17:44] | – Please, do you even wanna be in charge? | 你想管这些事吗 |
[17:45] | – No! But I’d like to be asked. | 不想 但至少先征求我的意见 |
[17:48] | This is just like when we were kids, and you were the only one… | 就像小的时候 他只会让你去香蕉摊子干活 |
[17:50] | – he let work in the banana stand. – Well, I got news for you.Gob | 那我要告诉你 |
[17:54] | Dad still doesn’t trust me to this day. | 爸到今天依然不信任我 |
[17:56] | He treats me like a low-level employee. | 待我如同底层员工 |
[17:58] | Better than being treated like the goofball… | 总比当一个傻瓜要好 |
[18:00] | the joker, the magician. | 一个小丑 一个魔术师 |
[18:05] | I thought you were gonna do, like, a trick there. | 我以为你会变一个戏法 |
[18:07] | – A fireball or something. – I was. It didn’t go off. | – 火球什么的 – 没错 但没成功 |
[18:09] | – These things never go off when you want them to. – | 这种事不能强求 |
[18:11] | – My least consistent trick. – Hang on one sec. Hello. | – 我最没把握的戏法 – 等等 你好 |
[18:14] | – Hey, Uncle Michael, it’s me, Maeby. – Where’s George Michael? | – Michael叔叔 是我 Maeby -George Michael呢 |
[18:17] | At the banana stand. | 在香蕉摊子 |
[18:18] | He’s about to do something really irresponsible. | 他可能会做出一些疯狂举动 |
[18:22] | You think it’s irresponsible? I’ll be right there. | 你都觉得疯狂吗 我就来 |
[18:26] | – I’m gonna get blamed for this. – George Michael. | – 人们会怪到我头上 – George Michael |
[18:29] | – Dad. – Hey, what are you doing? | – 爸 – 你在干嘛 |
[18:31] | I was just, uh… I was burning down the banana stand. | 我只是 我正要烧掉这摊位 |
[18:36] | – What? – I’m sorry. I screwed it all up. | – 什么 – 对不起 我全搞砸了 |
[18:39] | I’ve got no right to call myself Mr. Manager. | 我没有资格当经理先生 |
[18:41] | – Manager. – Manager. I’m sorry, Dad. | – 经理 – 经理 抱歉 爸爸 |
[18:43] | – Oh, George Michael. – I am. But I’ll make it up to you. | – George Michael – 是的 我会将功补过的 |
[18:46] | I’ll work weeknights. I’ll lay people off. | 我在周日晚上加班 裁员 |
[18:48] | I’ll give up my summer, all my summers. | 暑假都不休息 整个暑假 |
[18:50] | just just tell me what to do, and I’ll do it. | 要我干什么你尽管说 我都照做 |
[18:52] | Michael realized he had done | Michael意识到他对儿子的所作所为 |
[18:54] | to his son what his father had done to him… | 和他父亲如出一辙 |
[18:57] | so he came up with a solution. | 于是他想到一个办法 |
[18:59] | – Burn it down. – What? | – 烧了吧 – 什么 |
[19:03] | Let’s burn this son of a bitch. | 把这狗东西烧了 |
[19:15] | This is gonna be our best summer ever, buddy. | 这将是我们最好的夏天 |
[19:22] | And so, Michael, his son and his brother together enjoyed… | Michael和他的儿子 哥哥一道 |
[19:26] | the cathartic burning of the banana stand. | 烧掉了香蕉摊子 一烧而净 |
[19:29] | You mailed that insurance check, right, Gob? | 你去寄保险单 好吗 Gob |
[19:46] | The next morning, Lindsay woke up late in the day… | 第二天一早 Lindsay很晚才醒来 |
[19:49] | hungover from celebrating her one day of employment… | 为了庆祝她的工作而大醉一场 |
[19:52] | which, it turns out, she had slept through. | 结果 她睡过头了 |
[19:54] | All right, Lindsay, forget it. We’ll get someone else. | Lindsay 不用来了 我们找别人 |
[19:57] | Tobias was next on the call list… | Tobias是二号替补 |
[19:59] | – but, unfortunately, couldn’t hear the phone… – | 但不幸的是 没听到电话 |
[20:01] | – over the sound of the shower. – | 淋浴的声音太大 |
[20:04] | He did, however, use Lindsay’s conditioner… | 但他用了Lindsay买的护发素 |
[20:07] | and was surprised to find | 意外地发现 |
[20:08] | that it did help his self-esteem. | 的确助长了自尊 |
[20:10] | – Mornin’. – You look nice. – What? | – 早上好 – 你看上去不错 – 什么 |
[20:13] | You look very handsome today. | 你今天看上去很帅 |
[20:15] | Thank you, Lindsay. | 谢谢 |
[20:18] | And Michael finally got to show his father who’s boss. | Michael终于向父亲摊牌 谁才是一家之主 |
[20:22] | – You what? – Burned it right down to the ground. | – 什么 – 烧得一干二净 |
[20:24] | Are you crazy? There was money in that banana stand. | 你疯了吗 香蕉摊子有钱 |
[20:28] | Well, it’s all gone now, Dad, and it was my decision. | 现在没了 是我的决定 |
[20:31] | So the next time you wanna have a little power struggle… | 所以下次你想跟我争权夺利 |
[20:33] | just remember that you’re playing with fire. | 记住你是在玩火 |
[20:35] | There was $250,000 lining the walls of the banana stand. | 在香蕉摊子的墙里藏有25万 |
[20:41] | – What? – Cash, Michael. | – 什么 – 现金 |
[20:44] | – Why didn’t you tell me that? – How much clearer can I say… | -你干嘛不早说 – 我说的还不够清楚吗 |
[20:46] | “There’s always money in the banana stand”? | 香蕉摊子里总有钱 |
[20:51] | – No touching! No touching! – No touching! | – 不准身体接触 – 不接触 |
[20:52] | – No touching! No touching! – No touching.! | – 不准身体接触 – 不接触 |
[20:55] | On the next Arrested Development. | 发展受阻下集预告 |
[20:57] | Gob protests the pet store’s frozen dove exchange policy. | Gob抗议宠物店的冷冻鸽子交换政策 |
[21:01] | Return from whence you came! | 哪来回哪去 |
[21:03] | And, Michael, realizing the banana stand… | Michael意识到香蕉摊子 |
[21:06] | is the only profitable | 是布鲁斯家族唯一赚钱的部分 |
[21:07] | part of the Bluth empire, decides to rebuild. | 决定重建 |
[21:10] | You couldn’t have called me? I can’t swing a hammer? | 你不能叫我吗 锤子我不会用吗 |
[21:15] | I got a rabbit to buy. | 我要去买只兔子 |