时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | This is Michael Bluth. | 这是Michael Bluth |
[00:06] | For 10 years, he’s worked for his father’s company… | 整整十年 他一直在他爸爸的公司里帮忙 |
[00:09] | waiting to be made a partner. | 等着有一天成为公司的合伙人 |
[00:10] | And right now, he’s happy. | 而现在 他很高兴 |
[00:14] | – This is Michael’s mother. – Look what they’ve done, Michael. | – 这是Michael的妈妈 – 看看他们都做了什么 Michael |
[00:16] | She isn’t happy. | 她很不高兴 |
[00:18] | Look what the homosexuals have done to me. | 看看那群同性恋都对我做了什么 |
[00:21] | You can’t just comb that out and reset it? | 你就不能不理会吗 |
[00:24] | Currently, she’s upset that her husband’s retirement party… | 目前 她因为自己丈夫的退休派对 |
[00:26] | is being upstaged by a group of gay protesters. | 被一群同性恋示威者抢了风头而十分沮丧 |
[00:30] | We’re here! We’re queer! We want to get married on the ocean! | 我们在这儿 我们是同志 我们想在大海上结婚 |
[00:33] | Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. | 他们做的每一件事都戏剧又夸张 |
[00:36] | It just makes me want to set myself on fire. | 让我想把自己给点了 |
[00:41] | Good grief, Mother. | 好了 妈妈 |
[00:42] | Not all homosexuals are flamboy… | 并不是所有的同性恋都那么夸张… |
[00:45] | Oh, my God! I have the exact same blouse. | 哦 我的天 我有一件完全一样的衬衫 |
[00:47] | This is Michael’s twin sister, Lindsay. | 这位是Michael的孪生姐姐 Lindsay |
[00:50] | I like it better on him. | 我觉得他穿更好看 |
[00:52] | As a youthful act of defiance, Lindsay married… | 为了显示作为年轻人的反叛精神 Lindsay嫁给了… |
[00:55] | this man. | 这个男人 |
[00:57] | They moved to Boston, where they’ve become celebrated… | 他们搬去了波士顿 在那儿他们变得很出名 |
[01:00] | for their wine and cheese fund-raisers. | 因为他们办的酒和奶酪的集资晚宴 |
[01:02] | Oh, no. I’m completely stuffed. | 哦 不用了 我快撑死了 |
[01:04] | Michael and his sister haven’t spoken in a year. | Michael和他姐姐一整年都没有说过话了 |
[01:06] | Neither has acknowledged this. | 但两个人都不承认这一点 |
[01:08] | And this is Gob, Michael’s oldest brother. | 这位是Gob Michael的大哥 |
[01:11] | So, this is the magic trick, huh? | 所以 这就是所谓的魔术把戏 哈 |
[01:15] | Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money. | 是幻术 Michael “把戏”是妓女为了挣钱做的事 |
[01:23] | Or candy. | 或是为了挣糖果 |
[01:24] | Gob recently started the Alliance of Magicians… | Gob最近发起了一个”魔术师联盟” |
[01:27] | an organization that blackballs any performer… | 一个为了反对所有泄露魔术秘密的表演者 |
[01:30] | who reveals a magician’s secret. | 而存在的组织 |
[01:32] | And finally there’s Buster… | 最后 我们看到了Buster |
[01:34] | – Hey, Buster. – The youngest of Michael’s siblings. | – 嘿 Buster – Michael家的老小 |
[01:38] | You know, you don’t need to do that, buddy. It’s okay. | 你知道的 你不用做这些 没关系的 |
[01:40] | Thanks to the family’s largesse, Buster has studied everything… | 感谢家庭的慷慨赠予 Buster几乎学会了 |
[01:44] | from Native American tribal ceremonies… | 美洲土著部落庆祝仪式上的每一件事… |
[01:48] | to cartography, the mapping of uncharted territories. | 包括所谓的制图 把未知的领土绘制到图纸上 |
[01:52] | Hasn’t everything already sort of been discovered, though… | 地球上还有没被 像Magellan和Cortes他们 |
[01:55] | by, like, Magellan and Cortes? | 找到的地方吗 |
[01:58] | Oh, yeah, yeah. All those folks. | 哦 是啊 那些家伙 |
[01:59] | Those guys did a pretty good job… | 那些家伙做的的确很不错… |
[02:01] | but there’s still, you know… | 但是肯定还会有一些 你懂的 |
[02:05] | He also suffers from crippling panic attacks. | 他还有严重的恐慌问题 |
[02:09] | Yes, this is his family. | 是的 这就是他的家庭 |
[02:11] | So why is Michael so happy? | 那么Michael为什么这么开心呢 |
[02:13] | Because he’s decided to never speak to these people again. | 因为他打算再也不和这些人多说一个字儿 |
[02:21] | Michael was feeling more generous about his family… | Michael在船上派对举办的那个早上 |
[02:24] | on the morning of the boat party. | 感到一点家庭的温情 |
[02:26] | What comes before anything? | 什么是最优先的 |
[02:27] | What have we always said is the most important thing? | 什么是我们常说的最重要的事 |
[02:35] | – Breakfast. – Family. | – 早餐 – 家庭 |
[02:38] | Family. Right. I thought you meant of the things you eat. | 家庭 对的 我还以为你说的是吃的东西 |
[02:41] | This is Michael’s son, George Michael. | 这位是Michael的儿子 George Michael |
[02:44] | I mean, we have made nothing but sacrifices for this family… | 我是说 我们这些年什么都没得到 一直为这个家庭牺牲 |
[02:47] | and tonight it all pays off, my boy. | 而今晚终于到了回报的时候 我的孩子 |
[02:49] | Tonight your granddad makes me partner. | 今晚你爷爷会让我成为公司的合伙人 |
[02:52] | To prove his dedication to the family business… | 为了证明他对这份家庭事业的奉献精神 |
[02:54] | Michael has decided to live here… in the model unit… | Michael决定住在这儿…他爸爸新开发的 |
[02:57] | of his father’s latest housing tract. | 一片地产上的样板房里 |
[02:59] | The guys live in the attic so that the house… | 他们住在阁楼上 |
[03:01] | can still function as a pristine selling tool. | 所以这间房子仍然可以用作售楼部 |
[03:04] | And when I do get that promotion… | 当我真正升职之后 |
[03:06] | I’ll finally be able to get you what you deserve. | 我就有能力给你更好的 |
[03:09] | Like a real home. | 比如一个真正的家 |
[03:11] | This is a real home. | 这就是一个真正的家 |
[03:13] | No, it’s not. It’s a fake home, son. | 不 这不是 这是一个冒牌货 儿子 |
[03:16] | You want the loops or the flakes today? | 你今天是想吃甜甜圈还是薄脆饼 |
[03:18] | The guys then headed down to Balboa Island… | 随后这些家伙就朝着巴尔博亚岛出发了 |
[03:21] | so George Michael could work at the frozen banana stand… | 在那儿George Michael可以在他祖父于1953年开办的 |
[03:23] | his grandfather started in 1953. | 冰冻香蕉小站里工作 |
[03:26] | Bananas. | 香蕉 |
[03:27] | Michael, meanwhile, was meeting his brother Gob… | 与此同时 Michael去见了他哥哥Gob |
[03:30] | hoping to discuss his father’s boat party. | 希望可以一起讨论一下爸爸的游艇派对 |
[03:33] | Do you have your check for your share of the party? | 这次派对你也要出一部分钱 你拿支票了吗 |
[03:35] | You know, I sort of thought my contribution… | 你明白的 我觉得我对这次派对的贡献 |
[03:38] | could be a magic show. | 可以是一场魔术秀 |
[03:42] | – Oh, that’s perfect, Gob. – Thank you. – Oh, wait a minitue | – 哦 那样也不错 Gob – 谢谢 – 哦 等会儿 |
[03:44] | I just remembered something. Dad’s retiring, not turning six. | 我刚刚记起一件事 爸爸是要退休了 不是重返六岁 |
[03:47] | Hey, come on! I just bought | 嘿 拜托 我刚刚 |
[03:49] | this new illusion called the Aztec Tomb. | 发明了一个新魔术叫阿兹特克陵墓 |
[03:51] | – It cost like 18 grand! – Come on…Gob, | – 花了我差不多1.8万美金呢 – 得了吧 Gob |
[03:53] | – I’m gonna do it on the boat. – I don’t care. | – 我要在船上表演这个 – 我可不关心 |
[03:55] | What do you care? Can’t you just charge the party to the company? | 那你在意什么 你为什么不直接让公司来支付派对的钱 |
[03:58] | – It’s not a business expense. – So what? | – 这并不是一笔商业支出 -那又怎样 |
[03:59] | Lindsay’s been staying at the Four Seasons for a month. | Lindsay在四季酒店住了一个月了 |
[04:01] | She’s probably charging the company. | 一直都是公司出的钱啊 |
[04:03] | Lindsay’s been in town for a month? | Lindsay在城里呆了一个月了 |
[04:06] | I don’t think so. | 我不这样认为 |
[04:10] | Michael was upset to hear this… | Michael听到这个消息后很沮丧 |
[04:11] | so he went to discuss it with his mother. | 所以他去了他妈那里讨论这件事 |
[04:13] | Mom! Mother! Give me your company checkbook. You’re cut off. | 妈 妈 把你手里的公司支票簿给我 你不能再拿着它了 |
[04:17] | Michael, look. Look what happened to my fox. | Michael 看一下 看看我的狐狸皮怎么了 |
[04:21] | Someone cut off his little foot. | 有人切掉了他的小脚 |
[04:24] | Is it… Is it noticeable? | 这样…这样有人能注意到吗 |
[04:27] | You’ve gotta remember… | 你必须得记住 |
[04:27] | you’re gonna be all splattered in red paint. | 你这样有可能被泼油漆 |
[04:29] | That’s gonna distract the eye. | 那样会让人眼花缭乱的 |
[04:31] | I don’t want you charging any | 我不希望你再用公司的钱 |
[04:32] | more of your personal expenses to the company. | 支付任何私人事务了 |
[04:35] | Well, I had to pay for the Aztec Tomb. | 但是 我必须要要为那个魔术”阿兹特克陵墓”出钱 |
[04:37] | Gob says it’s a career maker. | Gob说那将奠定他的事业 |
[04:38] | Wait a minute. The company paid for the Aztec Tomb? That’s great. | 等一下 公司出钱给魔术阿兹特克陵墓 你真行 |
[04:42] | Well, I was talking about Lindsay, okay? | 我现在想说的是关于Lindsay的 好吗 |
[04:44] | You put her in a five-star hotel, | 你让她住五星级酒店的 |
[04:46] | on top of which you didn’t tell me she was in town. | 而且还不告诉我到城里来了 |
[04:48] | If you’re saying I play favorites, | 如果你是想强调我偏心的话 |
[04:50] | you’re wrong. I love all my children equally. | 那你错了 我对我所有孩子的爱都是一样的 |
[04:54] | I don’t care for Gob. | 我一点也不关心Gob |
[04:57] | Good grief. I dipped into the kitty a couple of times. | 天哪 我是自己捞了点甜头 |
[05:01] | You should be focused on tonight. | 但你应该把注意力放到今天晚上 |
[05:03] | Dad’s making a big announcement. | 你爸爸要宣布一件相当重要的事了 |
[05:06] | Yeah? I knew it. It’s about me, isn’t it? | 是吗 我知道 是和我有关的是吗 |
[05:12] | I wonder how I can talk you out of ever making that face again. | 我在想我劝过你多少次不要再做那个表情 |
[05:15] | Michael Michael! | |
[05:17] | Tobias Tobias. | |
[05:18] | How are you? | 你最近怎么样 |
[05:22] | Good, good. How’s your job search comin’? | 很好 不错 你找工作的事进展的怎么样了 |
[05:27] | – It’s good. It’s going to be good. – Yeah? Great. | – 还不错 很快就会好起来的 -是吗 那太好了 |
[05:30] | I’m hoping the universe provides a path for me. | 我在期待宇宙给我指条明路 |
[05:33] | Tobias recently lost his medical license… | Tobias最近被吊销了医疗执照 |
[05:35] | for administering C.P.R. to a person who, as it turned out… | 因为他给一个后来被证明没有心脏病的人 |
[05:38] | was not having a heart attack. | 做了心脏复苏手术 |
[05:41] | Maybe you’ll be inspired by the | 也许你会在今晚的游艇派对上得到激励 |
[05:43] | boat party tonight, start a career as a pirate. | 然后开始一个新职业 做海盗 |
[05:47] | I haven’t packed for that. | 我没有带这方面的道具啊 |
[05:49] | – Couldn’t find a thing. – Lindsay! | – 什么都找不到 – Lindsay |
[05:52] | – Michael! – How was your flight? | – Michael – 航班感觉怎么样 |
[05:54] | – Great. Great. We just got in. – He knows. | – 很好 不错 我们刚住进来 – 他知道了 |
[05:58] | A month ago. Oh, I’m sorry. I’ve been meaning to call you. | 一个月以前 抱歉 我本来准备打电话给你的 |
[06:00] | – I really have. – Really? | – 真的 – 真的吗 |
[06:02] | – It’s just been very busy. – Ugh! It’s been crazy. | – 只是太忙了 – 哈 真是太疯狂了 |
[06:05] | We just had an amazing fund-raiser for HOOP. | 我们在为”护皮”筹资 |
[06:09] | – HOOP? – My anti-circumcision movement. | – 护皮 -我的反割包皮运动 |
[06:11] | I think it looks frightening when it’s cut off. | 我觉得把它切掉的时候看着太吓人了 |
[06:13] | It’s a Doberman. Let it have its ears. | 它是个多波曼短尾狗 就让它留着他的耳朵吧 |
[06:16] | – Hmm. – Believe it or not… | – 嗯 – 不管你信不信 |
[06:17] | we brought in over $40,000. | 我们筹集了四万美金 |
[06:20] | Unbelievable. Sounds like | 不可思议 听上去就像 |
[06:21] | you saved enough skin to make 10 new boys. | 你收集了够制造十个新小孩儿的皮一样 |
[06:23] | Well, most of that money was from the Bluth Company. | 好吧 大部分的钱都来自布鲁斯公司 |
[06:26] | I mean, how… | 我是说 你怎么… |
[06:30] | are you? | 怎么样了 |
[06:32] | Still good. You know what? | 还行 你知道吗 |
[06:34] | You guys have had your hands in the company coffer for years. | 你们这些家伙把手搁在公司的保险柜里已经够久了 |
[06:37] | But starting tomorrow, there is going to be a new boss in town… | 但从明天开始 公司就会有一个新老板 |
[06:40] | and you’re all gonna have to start fending for yourselves. | 然后你们就必须自力更生了 |
[06:43] | You’re all gonna finally | 你们都最终 |
[06:45] | feel that sweet sting of sweat in your eyes. | 会用眼睛感受到汗水的甜美 |
[06:48] | As… Buster! | 至于…Buster |
[06:50] | You can’t do that on the balcony, buddy? | 伙计 你就不能去阳台上敲吗 |
[06:54] | Mom says it’s too windy. | 妈妈说那里风太大了 |
[06:59] | Who could’ve done this? | 这到底是谁干的 |
[07:01] | While Michael was getting fed up with his family… | 正当Michael对他们这一家子越来越厌倦的时候 |
[07:04] | George Michael was finally getting to know them. | George Michael却开始认识他们了 |
[07:07] | Um, yeah. I bought a frozen banana… | 呃 是这样 我买了一个冰冻香蕉 |
[07:10] | and when I bit into it, I found this. | 但当我吃到里面的时候 我发现了这个 |
[07:14] | – Looks like a foot. – It tasted like a foot. | – 看上去像一只脚 -尝起来也像好吗 |
[07:17] | Which I didn’t really mind, but I’m pretty sure I said no nuts. | 虽然我并不是很介意 但是我确定我说了不要坚果 |
[07:21] | Hey, you’re my cousin, aren’t you? | 嘿 你是我表姐 是不是 |
[07:24] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[07:25] | This is George Michael’s cousin, Maeby. | 这位是George Michael的表姐 Maeby |
[07:29] | – I can’t believe you didn’t recognize me. – We never see you. | – 我真不敢相信你没有把我认出来 – 我们之前从来没有见过你 |
[07:32] | We never see anybody in our family. | 我们从来没见过家里的成员 |
[07:33] | I know. It’s our parents’ faults. We should teach them a lesson. | 我明白 都是我们父母的错 我们应该给他们上一课 |
[07:37] | Yeah. No. I don’t think so. | 嗯 不 还是不要了吧 |
[07:42] | I should go to my mom tonight… | 我今晚要去我妈妈那儿 |
[07:44] | and be like, “I met the cutest guy.” | 然后说”我遇见了最可爱的男孩”之类的 |
[07:45] | And then she’ll see you and me totally making out. | 然后她就会看到我们在一起亲热 |
[07:50] | But… But not really, right? | 但是 你是开玩笑的 对吧 |
[07:53] | It’s perfect. She’d freak out… | 很完美 然后她就会开始抓狂… |
[07:55] | and I’d be like, “If we saw | 然后我就可以说 “如果 |
[07:56] | each other more often, this wouldn’t happen.” | 我们见的次数多一点 就不会发生这种事了” |
[07:58] | – But we’re cousins. – That’s what makes it funny. | – 但是我们是表姐弟 – 这样才好玩 |
[08:00] | – But isn’t it against the law? – Come on, George Michael. | – 但是如果这违反法律怎么办 – 拜托 George Michael |
[08:09] | Tobias, now believing the boat party to be pirate-themed… | Tobias 现在坚信不疑游艇派对的主题是海盗 |
[08:12] | – You look like a pirate! – began | – 你看上去真像个海盗 – 开始 |
[08:13] | searching through his wife’s luggage for an outfit. | 试图从他太太的行李里找到一件合适的服装 |
[08:15] | I should say so! Look at the blouse, sir! | 我就说嘛 看看这件衬衫 先生 |
[08:18] | Then, mistaking a group of garishly dressed men for pirates… | 然后 他把一群衣着艳丽的人当成了海盗 |
[08:22] | Tobias boarded a van full of homosexuals. | Tobias上了一个全是同性恋的货车 |
[08:27] | Soon he was unwittingly | 很快他就不知不觉的 |
[08:28] | part of a protest against the local yacht club. | 成了反对当地游艇俱乐部的示威者 |
[08:31] | How are you? | 你还好吗 |
[08:33] | Oh, my God! I have the exact same blouse. | 哦 我的天 我有一件完全一样的衬衫 |
[08:36] | I like it better on him. | 我觉得他穿更好看 |
[08:39] | And Michael’s big moment finally came. | 现在Michael的重要时刻终于来了 |
[08:42] | I give you the new C.E.O. for the Bluth Company. | 我要把布鲁斯公司的执行总裁交给你 |
[08:46] | Certainly the smartest Bluth. | 你当然是布鲁斯家最聪明的人 |
[08:49] | My favorite Bluth. | 我最爱的人 |
[08:51] | And the, uh, sexiest creature I have ever laid eyes on. | 我曾注目过的世界上最性感的存在 |
[08:59] | My lovely wife, Lucille. | 我深爱的太太 Lucille |
[09:05] | Mom! | 妈 |
[09:09] | Mom, congratulations! | 妈妈 恭喜你 |
[09:14] | Sorry. It’s not the right time. | 抱歉 但现在还不是合适的时机 |
[09:25] | I’m not gonna lie to you, Michael. This is great news for HOOP. | 我不骗你 Michael 这对”护皮”来说绝对是个好消息 |
[09:45] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[09:47] | – You okay? – You and I, we’ve waited long enough. | – 你还好吗 – 你和我 我们已经等了太长时间 |
[09:49] | It’s time to move on. All right? | 现在是时候向前进了 好吗 |
[09:55] | I guess we’re gonna see you guys even less now. | 我想我以后见你们的次数更少了 |
[09:58] | I told you. We should’ve taught them a lesson. | 我告诉过你 我们应该给他们上一课 |
[10:00] | Lindsay, I want you in this picture. Come on. | Lindsay 我想让你也在照片里 快来 |
[10:08] | All right. Let’s see some smiles, people. | 好了 微笑 同志们 |
[10:10] | It’s a… It’s a party, not a shareholders’ meeting. | 这是 这是个派对 不是股东们的见面会 |
[10:15] | Are those police boats? | 那些是警船吗 |
[10:19] | No, I’m serious. I think they are police boats. | 不 我是认真的 我觉得他们就是警察的船 |
[10:21] | Prepare to be boarded. Prepare to be boarded. | 做好登船准备 做好登船准备 |
[10:24] | I knew it was against the law. | 我就知道这是违法的 |
[10:26] | That’s the Securities and Exchange Commission. | 那是证券交易委员会的人 |
[10:29] | – They have boats? – Give me a cell phone. | – 他们还配船吗 – 手机给我 |
[10:31] | Lindsay, Buster, up to the bridge! Come on, Buster! | Lindsay Buster 快到舰桥上去 快点 Buster |
[10:34] | – Almighty good grief. – Delores, listen to me. | – 我的老天哪 – Delores 听我说 |
[10:37] | – Out of my way! – Empty the account. | – 让开 – 清空账户 |
[10:39] | – Out of my way! – Why are you crying? Why are you crying? | – 别挡道 – 你哭什么 你哭什么 |
[10:42] | Out of my way! Out! Out! Out! | 别挡道 让开 让开 让让 |
[10:44] | Lindsay, take the wheel! Buster, find us a channel to the ocean! | Lindsay 握住方向盘 Buster 赶紧找个去大洋的路 |
[10:47] | Gee, I don’t have any mapping equipment with me. | 但是我手上没有任何制图设备啊 |
[10:49] | You’ve had $80,000 worth of cartography lessons. | 你花了八万美金去学制图 |
[10:51] | Get us a channel to the ocean! | 赶紧给我们找条路 |
[10:53] | Okay. Okay. Okay. | 好了 好了 好了 |
[10:56] | Can you hear me now? | 你现在能听见我说什么吗 |
[10:57] | Obviously this blue part here is the land. | 很显然蓝色的部分就是陆地 |
[10:59] | That would mean… | 这也就是说… |
[11:02] | Oh, Buster, Buster. You’ll be all right. | 哦 Buster Buster 你会好起来的 |
[11:04] | Shredder. No. Save it. Save it. Shredder. | Shredder不 保留它 保留它 Shredder |
[11:07] | Please don’t leave us now, Buster! Please! | 请不要现在丢下我们 Buster 拜托了 |
[11:10] | – Get in the tomb. The Aztec Tomb. – Save it. Shred it. | – 到墓碑里去 阿兹特克陵墓 – 保留它 剪碎它 |
[11:13] | Hold on. I don’t have time for your magic tricks. | 等一下 我现在没空理你这个把戏 |
[11:15] | Illusions, Dad! You don’t have time for my illusions! | 是幻术 爸爸 你没时间理我的幻术 |
[11:19] | What is wrong with you? Why are you so angry? | 你出什么毛病了 为什么你这么生气 |
[11:21] | Look. Just stay in the box. I’ll make you disappear. | 听着 就呆在盒子里 然后我就会把你变消失 |
[11:23] | The Bluth family dominated the news that night. | 那晚的所有新闻都是布鲁斯一家 |
[11:27] | Bluth Development Company president George Bluth… | 布鲁斯发展公司的董事长George Bluth |
[11:30] | was arrested tonight for defrauding investors… | 因涉嫌欺诈投资者以及挪用公款 |
[11:33] | and using the company as his personal piggy bank. | 而被警方逮捕 |
[11:37] | More intrigue on the high seas tonight… | 今夜海上还有更多亮点 |
[11:39] | as dozens of local pirates were arrested… | 一群当地的海盗被抓获了 |
[11:41] | for protesting the yacht club’s discriminatory policies. | 因为抗议游轮公司的歧视性政策 |
[11:44] | Even Michael’s brother Gob made the news. | 甚至连Michael的哥哥Gob也上了新闻 |
[11:46] | It was Mr. Bluth’s son Gob, a part-time magician… | 这位是Bluth先生的儿子Gob 一个业余的魔术师 |
[11:50] | who hid his father here in the Aztec Tomb. | 他把他的爸爸藏到这里这个阿芝克特式的墓碑里 |
[11:53] | By pushing on this pivoting panel… | 通过推动这个旋转面板 |
[11:56] | I have to think the Alliance is gonna frown on this. | 我猜同盟的人肯定要对这次泄密皱眉头了 |
[11:58] | Perhaps a good trick for a human… | 也许这是可以骗过人类的小把戏 |
[12:00] | but the dogs found him almost instantly. | 但是警犬几乎立刻找到了他 |
[12:03] | Free at last, darlings. | 终于获释了 亲爱的 |
[12:06] | – I’m all right. – Thank God. | – 我没事 – 感谢上帝 |
[12:07] | Oh, what an adventure. Oh, my goodness! | 真是场冒险 我的上帝 |
[12:10] | Hi, Buster! Don’t do that. | Buster 不要这样做 |
[12:13] | What an adventure, gang. | 真是场冒险 伙计们 |
[12:14] | I thought that the homosexuals were pirates… | 我把同性恋当做了海盗 |
[12:17] | but it turns out that most | 但事实证明他们中的绝大部分人 |
[12:18] | of them were actors in the local theater. | 都是当地剧院的演员 |
[12:24] | You’re right though. It is amazing. | 但你们是对的 这实在是太令人惊讶了 |
[12:25] | I’ve been waiting for the | 我一直在等 |
[12:26] | universe to provide a path for me, and… | 宇宙给我指条明路 |
[12:30] | and I think it has. | 现在我想它做到了 |
[12:32] | – You’re gay? – No. No. | – 你是同志吗 -不 不是 |
[12:34] | I’m not… I’m not gay. No. | 我不是 不是同志 不是 |
[12:37] | Lindsay, how many times must we have this… | Lindsay 关于这一点我们还要讨论多少次 |
[12:40] | No. I want to be an actor. | 不是 我只是想当个演员 |
[12:47] | Okay, guys. Um, they are gonna keep Dad in prison… | 好了 伙计们 呃 他们准备把爸爸关在监狱里 |
[12:52] | at least until this gets all sorted out. | 至少到这次的事全部解决才行 |
[12:54] | Also, the attorney said they’re gonna | 另外 律师说他们 |
[12:56] | have to put a halt on the company’s expense account. | 必须要暂停掉我们公司的报销单 |
[13:00] | Interesting. I would have | 有趣的是 我本以为 |
[13:01] | expected that after the “Keeping Dad in jail.” | 我说完”爸爸关在监狱里”后 你们会有这种反应 |
[13:03] | You know, Michael, Dad did name Mom as his successor. | 你很清楚 Michael 咱爸确实指名要妈妈当他的接班人了 |
[13:07] | – And I’m putting Buster in charge. – That’s a good choice. | – 而我准备让Buster管理公司 – 不错的选择 |
[13:10] | Buster? The guy who thought that the blue on the map was land? | Buster吗 就凭他把地图上蓝色的部分当作陆地吗 |
[13:15] | – He’s had business classes. – Wa-Wa-Wa-Wait. | – 他学习过商业课程 -等 等 等 等一下 |
[13:18] | Eighteenth-century agrarian business. | 我学的是18世纪的农业经济 |
[13:20] | But I guess it’s all the same principles. | 但是我想具体原则都是一样的 |
[13:23] | Are you at all concerned about an uprising? | 你们是在担心起义吗 |
[13:26] | That’s it. I’m done. I’m sick and | 够了 我真是受够了 我受够了 |
[13:27] | tired of the greed and the selfishness and the taking. | 你们的自私 贪婪还有白白享受 |
[13:31] | Forget it. I’ve got a son to think about. | 算了吧 我已经有一个要操心的儿子了 |
[13:33] | And, Lindsay, by the way, I expected this from them… | 并且 Lindsay 顺便说一声 我能想到他们是这样 |
[13:35] | because they’re completely oblivious. | 因为他们已经太麻木了 |
[13:37] | But you… you should know better. | 而你 你应该知道的更清楚 |
[13:43] | In the days that followed, Lindsay had no choice… | 在接下来的几天 Lindsay别无他法 |
[13:45] | but to check her family out of the hotel earlier than planned. | 只能改变计划 全家一起提前离开酒店 |
[13:56] | And her husband started looking for work. | 她的丈夫开始找工作 |
[13:58] | My name is Dr. Tobias Feike. | 我的名字是Tobias Feike |
[14:01] | I was Chief Resident of | 我在麦斯综合医院 |
[14:02] | Psychiatry at Mass General for two years… | 当了两年精神科的主治医师 |
[14:05] | and I did my fellowship in psycholinguistics at M.I.T. | 我在麻省理工做过心理语言学的研究员 |
[14:08] | And this is “I’m a Bad, Bad Man” From Annie Get Your Gun. | 接下来是”我是一个坏 坏男人” 出自电影<飞燕金枪> |
[14:20] | Lucille was finding it difficult to go about her daily life. | Lucille发现自己正常的日常生活无以为继 |
[14:22] | The S.E.C. is making him out to be | 证券交易委员会搞得他好像是 |
[14:24] | some kind of mastermind, which… believe me… he’s not. | 某种策划者一样 但是请相信我 他不是的 |
[14:26] | The man can barely work our shredder. | 这个男人根本连碎纸机都不会用 |
[14:28] | Michael was able to secure a job | michael很快就找到了一份工作 |
[14:30] | with a rival housing company almost immediately. | 在一家房地产竞争对手那里 |
[14:33] | We’ll set you up in Arizona in one of our finest estates. | 我们会把你安置在我们在亚利桑那州最好的一栋房子里 |
[14:37] | Attic or main house? | 是顶楼还是房子的主体 |
[14:44] | And Buster was discovering his academic pursuits… | 很快Buster就发现他的学院教育 |
[14:47] | didn’t fully prepare him for his new responsibilities. | 还不足以应付他刚刚扛下的责任 |
[14:49] | Have you looked at the latest figures on the Sudden Valley expansion… | 您看过我们关于”忽而山谷度假村”的扩张计划了吗 |
[14:52] | Vis-Vis the development versus the tax… | 关于发展和税收的比对 |
[14:54] | – You guys are so smart. – Two | – 你们都太聪明了 – 每年 |
[14:55] | percent per annum. This is a non-recoupable… | 有两个百分点 这几乎是不能回本的 |
[14:59] | We need Michael. | 我们需要Michael |
[15:00] | – We need ice. – Michael. We need Michael. | – 我们需要冰块 -Michael 我们需要Michael |
[15:04] | And so the family staged an intervention. | 因此这个家庭举办了一个调解会 |
[15:08] | I’m sorry. What exactly is this intervention for? | 抱歉 不过我们到底是要调解什么啊 |
[15:13] | We need you to come back and run the business. | 我们需要你回来主持公司的管理 |
[15:15] | Okay. So technically it’s not | 好了 技术层面上讲 |
[15:18] | really an intervention. It’s more of an imposition. | 你们这并不是调解会 反而更像是强迫会 |
[15:20] | – Have you think about it ? – Whatever you want to call it. | – 你们有想过吗 – 不管你怎么称呼它吧 |
[15:22] | I’d love to call it an imposition. | 我愿意叫它强迫会 |
[15:23] | We’re in trouble here, Michael. And I can’t perform my magic. | 我们现在遇到麻烦了 Michael 我不能进行魔术表演了 |
[15:27] | I’m getting blackballed from even the smaller venues. | 连很小的演出场所都排斥我 |
[15:30] | I’ll be honest. I’m just more | 诚实地说 我更喜欢 |
[15:31] | comfortable with an Alliance-approved magician. | 支持反泄密同盟的魔术演员 |
[15:37] | Give them a hell of a show, Champ. | 给他们好好的表演一下 哥们 |
[15:40] | Off, traitor. | 拉倒吧 泄密者 |
[15:43] | Can you believe this? They’re still fighting. | 你能相信吗 他们还在争吵 |
[15:45] | Yeah, I know. I’m tempted | 嗯 我知道 我在尝试 |
[15:48] | to kiss again so we could teach ’em a lesson. | 再亲你一次 这样我们就可以给他们上一课 |
[15:51] | Why would that teach them a lesson? | 那样能教给他们什么呢 |
[15:52] | No, I mean, uh, to freak them out. | 不 我是说 呃 可以让他们抓狂 |
[15:55] | – That doesn’t make any sense. – Isn’t that what makes it funny? | – 那没有什么意义 – 但是不就是因为这样所以才搞笑吗 |
[15:59] | I’m laughing. Go fish… Uno… Okay. | 我在笑 钓鱼去 你懂的 好吧 |
[16:02] | – I just need a drink. – Well, I’m sorry. It’s just too late. | – 我只想喝一杯 – 好吧 不过很抱歉 太晚了 |
[16:05] | I’m moving to Phoenix. I got a job. | 我要搬去凤凰城了 我找了份工作 |
[16:11] | Something you apply for, and then they pay you to, uh… | 就是你先申请 然后他们会付钱叫你… |
[16:14] | Never mind. I don’t want | 算了 别介意 我不想 |
[16:14] | to ruin the surprise. So, no hard feelings. | 毁掉你们的惊奇感 那么 别伤心 |
[16:17] | Adios. Sayonara. I’ll see you when the first parent dies. | 再见 等到哪位父母去世的时候我们再见吧 |
[16:20] | Well, I’d rather be dead in California than alive in Arizona. | 我情愿死在加州 也不想去亚利桑那州生活 |
[16:24] | – Touch? – George Michael, grab the coat. | – 抓住了吗 – George Michael 拿上大衣 |
[16:26] | I think Dad would really want you to help us out here, Micheal. | 我想爸爸肯定希望你留在这里帮助我们 |
[16:29] | – Dad’s in jail. Here we go. – Well, | – 爸爸在监狱里呢 我们走 – 好吧 |
[16:30] | the least you could do is say good-bye to him. | 至少你也要和他说声再见吧 |
[16:34] | In fact, Michael had not spoken to his father since the arrest… | 事实上 自从爸爸被逮捕后 Michael就没再和他说过一句话… |
[16:38] | and he decided to give his | 他决定给自己的父亲 |
[16:39] | father the courtesy of a formal resignation. | 递交一份正式的辞呈 |
[16:42] | – I quit. – Probably a good career move. | – 我要走了 – 也许是很不错的职业迁移 |
[16:49] | You know, I parked in the same spot for the last five years. | 你很清楚 过去五年我一直把车停在同一个地方 |
[16:52] | I was there on time every single day. | 每一天我都按时到达 |
[16:54] | – Mike… – I was so loyal. I worked so hard. | – Mike – 我那样的忠诚 工作那样的努力 |
[16:56] | – Why didn’t you just put me in charge? – Michael, listen to me. | – 你为什么不让我直接接手管理呢 – Michael 听我说 |
[16:59] | These guys, the S.E.C., they’ve been after me for years. | 证券交易委员会的这些家伙盯了我好多年了 |
[17:01] | I put you in charge, | 如果我让你接手 |
[17:02] | you’re gonna be wearing one of these jumpsuits too. | 你现在估计也和我一样穿着连体裤了 |
[17:04] | – I could’ve helped… – You’d be an accomplice. | – 我可以帮… – 他们肯定会认定你为同谋 |
[17:07] | No. It had to be your mom. | 不行 必须是你妈妈 |
[17:13] | They cannot arrest a husband and wife… | 他们不能因为同一宗罪 |
[17:17] | for the same crime. | 同时逮捕一对儿夫妻 |
[17:23] | Yeah, I don’t think that that’s true, Dad. | 我不认为那是真的 爸爸 |
[17:25] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:30] | I got the worst… attorneys. | 我的律师真是太他妈废了 |
[17:34] | With Michael leaving town… | 随着Michael的离开 |
[17:35] | Lindsay decided to take | Lindsay决定趁机 |
[17:36] | inventory of the family’s last remaining asset: | 盘点一下这个家里仅剩的财产 |
[17:39] | their model home. | 他们的那件样板屋 |
[17:43] | – What are you doing? – Packing up. What are you doing? | – 你在干什么 – 打包 你呢 |
[17:46] | Well, just looking for… you. | 呃 我就是在找你 |
[17:50] | – To say good-bye to you. – Gonna miss you guys. | – 想和告个别 – 我一定会想你们的 |
[17:53] | Oh, well. We’ll come out and see you in… | 哦 我们会去看你… |
[17:58] | Yeah. We’ll miss you too. | 是啊 我们也会想你的 |
[18:00] | It’s been nice having you guys around… you know, to talk to. | 有你们在身边感觉真的很好…你知道 我们可以聊聊天 |
[18:04] | Well, since Mom died, it’s been kind of lonely and… | 呃 自从妈妈去世以后 就有那么一点孤独然后 |
[18:08] | I just wish we could all stay here. | 我本来想我们可以都呆在这儿 |
[18:12] | – l… I need a hand with the van, please. – Okay. | – 我需要有人帮我把行李搬上车 好吗 – 好的 |
[18:15] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:36] | Well, l-I guess he really misses his family. | 我想他真的很想家 |
[18:39] | – Well, he doesn’t know us very well. – Yeah, clearly. | – 嗯 他并不是很了解我们 -是啊 很显然 |
[18:43] | Let me ask you a question. | 让我问你一个问题 |
[18:44] | Where the hell have you been? Why didn’t you call me? | 你到底去哪儿了 为什么不给我打电话 |
[18:46] | Look at my life, Michael. | 看看我的生活吧 Michael |
[18:49] | Tobias is out of work. We’re in debt. It’s… | Tobias失业了 我们一直欠债 一切都… |
[18:58] | What are you doing? Are you trying to cry? | 你在干嘛 你是想哭吗 |
[19:01] | I’m sad. Life is hard right now. I’ve got the J.D.L. on my ass. | 我很悲伤 生活太艰辛了 “J.D.L.”盯着我不放 |
[19:06] | – J.D.L.? – Jewish Defense League. | – J.D.L. – 犹太人防卫联盟 |
[19:09] | Oh, the circumcision thing? This is why I was against HOOP. | 哦 割包皮之类的事吗 这就是为什么我反对你所谓的”护皮”运动 |
[19:12] | Why didn’t you just mind your own business? | 你为什么就不能别管闲事呢 |
[19:14] | This is why I didn’t call you! Micheal, Because | 这就是我不给你打电话的原因 Micheal |
[19:16] | – You’re so judgmental. – No, I’m not judgmental. | – 因为总是带有批判色彩 – 不是 我不是具有批判色彩 |
[19:18] | – And you’re disappointed in me. – I’m not disappointed in you. | – 而且你对我很失望 – 我没有对你失望 |
[19:22] | – You are. – So I’m disappointed in you. | – 你有 -就算我对你很失望 |
[19:24] | But come on. What is not disappointing about my life? | 不过拜托 我的生活又有什么可取之处呢 |
[19:27] | Dad didn’t give me the promotion. | 爸爸没有给我升职 |
[19:28] | Dad’s in jail. How disappointing is that? | 还进了监狱 这得让人多失望 |
[19:31] | So, we’re a disappointing family. | 我们就是一个令人失望的家庭 |
[19:32] | We’re an incredibly disappointing family. | 我们是令人非常失望的家庭 |
[19:35] | But we are a family, and I want my son to be happy. | 但是我们依然是一家人 并且我希望我的儿子快乐 |
[19:39] | So maybe we should be in each other’s lives. | 所以也许我们应该生活在一起 |
[19:44] | – I’d like that. – Yeah? | – 那样会很不错 – 真的吗 |
[19:50] | Seriously, you’re gonna pull a muscle. | 说真的 你该锻炼一下面部肌肉了 |
[19:52] | I used to be able to do this. | 我以前能做的很好 |
[19:53] | So Michael decided to stay in California… | 因此Michael决定留在加州 |
[19:56] | and try to save the family business. | 并试着拯救一下家族企业 |
[19:58] | And for the first time ever, | 有史以来的第一次 |
[19:59] | he gathered his family together in the model home. | 他把家人们聚集在样板屋内 |
[20:02] | – Dad was always banker, so there was no beating him. – Totally. | – 爸爸一直是个银行家 因此没有什么能打败他 – 非常对 |
[20:04] | He should’ve been stocking | 他一定会被收录进 |
[20:05] | up on those “Get out of jail free” Cards. | “无罪获释”的卡片里 |
[20:07] | – Good one, George Michael! – Very good. | – 说得好 George Michael – 非常好 |
[20:12] | Two hundred for Short Line. | 200元买短线 |
[20:14] | I wish you guys didn’t have to go so soon. | 我希望你们不要走得太早 |
[20:16] | Oh, on that subject, | 哦 说到这件事 |
[20:17] | these guys are actually gonna be staying with us. | 这些人实际上要和我们在一起待一段时间 |
[20:20] | For a while. Just your aunt and her husband. Not Gob. | 只有你姑姑和姑父 没有Gob |
[20:24] | – Really? – Yeah. What the hell, huh? Family first. | – 真的吗 -是的 怎么说呢 哈 家庭第一嘛 |
[20:27] | It is gonna be a little crowded, | 但这样的话就会有点挤 |
[20:29] | so you’re gonna have to share a room with your cousin. | 所以你要暂时和你表姐用一个房间 |
[20:36] | On the next Arrested Development… | 在下一集的<发展受阻>中 |
[20:38] | George Michael gets a new roommate. | George Michael有了一个新室友 |
[20:42] | It was really your brother we were interested in. | 我们真正感兴趣的是你的弟弟 |
[20:44] | I mean, you don’t even have any references. | 我是说 你连份像样的简历都没有 |
[20:49] | Is that enough of a reference for you? | 这样作为我的简历够了吗 |
[20:51] | And Michael finds it difficult to get his father out of jail. | 还有就是Michael发现把爸爸弄出监狱变的很难 |
[20:54] | You love it here? | 你是说你爱这里吗 |
[20:55] | Oh, I’m having the time of my life! | 哦 我在这儿有了一生中最欢乐的时光 |
[20:59] | Hey, T-Bone. | 嘿 T-Bone |