英文名称:Another Year
年代:2010
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:42] | So how long’s this been going on for? | 你这样已经多久了? |
[01:46] | I don’t know. | 不清楚 |
[01:48] | A few weeks? | 有几个星期了? |
[01:49] | A long time. | 比那个久 |
[01:51] | A year? | 一年? |
[01:55] | I suppose so. | 应该是吧 |
[01:57] | A whole year? | 整整一年? |
[01:58] | You’ve taken your time to come and see me, haven’t you? | 你觉得没必要兴师动众来看医生 对吧? |
[02:01] | You think it’s going to stop, don’t you? | 你觉得我的病能治好吧? |
[02:03] | I’ll just take your blood pressure. | 来 测下血压 |
[02:05] | Can you pop your arm on the desk for me? | 把胳膊放桌上好吗? |
[02:08] | There you go. | 这就对了 |
[02:10] | If you straighten it up and push up your sleeve… | 胳膊放平 袖子挽起来… |
[02:13] | Are you dozing in the daytime? | 白天打瞌睡吗? |
[02:17] | Sometimes. | 有时会 |
[02:19] | So, I just need something to help me sleep. | 所以啊 给我开点助睡眠的药吧 |
[02:22] | I know. How much sleep are you getting at night? | 我知道 晚上一般能睡多久? |
[02:25] | I’m not getting any. That’s why I’m here. | 一点也睡不着 所以我才来找你 |
[02:27] | I understand, sweetheart. | 亲爱的 我明白 |
[02:30] | OK. It’s just going to go tight. | 等下可能会有些紧 |
[02:47] | Have you got any particular worries at the moment? | 你最近有什么烦心事吗? |
[02:51] | No financial problems? | 经济方面的 没有吗? |
[02:53] | No. I don’t know what that’s got to do with it. | 没有 跟这个有关系吗? |
[02:57] | What about at home? | 家里也挺好的? |
[03:00] | How are things with husband? | 和你丈夫的关系呢? |
[03:05] | OK, if you just lean forward | 好的 请你弯腰向前 |
[03:08] | and take a few deep breaths, in through your mouth. | 做一次深呼吸 |
[03:18] | And again. | 再来一次 |
[03:27] | It’s lovely and clear. | 心脏没问题 |
[03:30] | – Have you got any kids? – Yes. | – 有孩子吗? – 有 |
[03:34] | Are they still at home with you? | 孩子们和你住在一起? |
[03:35] | Son is, works with his father. | 儿子在家里住 他和他父亲一起工作 |
[03:37] | Daughter’s left, | 女儿自己住了 |
[03:38] | only see her when she wants something. | 等到她需要什么的时候才能见得着她 |
[03:40] | And how about you? Have you started your menopause? | 你怎么样? 绝经了吗? |
[03:43] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[03:45] | Everything OK? | 还适应吗? |
[03:50] | So, will you give me some sleeping tablets? | 能给我几片安眠药吗? |
[03:52] | Maybe, but it might not solve your problem. | 可以 但解决不了问题 |
[03:55] | Give me a night’s sleep, though, wouldn’t it? | 至少让我睡个好觉 对吧? |
[03:57] | How much alcohol are you drinking? | 你每天喝多少酒? |
[03:59] | I don’t drink. My husband drinks. | 我不喝 我丈夫喝 |
[04:01] | Is it a problem? | 对你造成困扰了吗? |
[04:02] | No. | 没有 |
[04:05] | Are you taking any drugs, medication? | 你正在服用什么药物吗? |
[04:09] | How about coffee? | 咖啡呢? |
[04:10] | Are you drinking a lot to keep awake? | 是不是喝很多咖啡解乏? |
[04:13] | Coffee, yes. | 咖啡 是的 |
[04:14] | – Tea? – Yes. | – 茶呢? – 也喝 |
[04:15] | Well, we might have to look at that, mightn’t we? | 我们得把这些考虑进去 对吧? |
[04:21] | OK. | 好吧 |
[04:23] | Your blood pressure is slightly up, | 你的血压有些偏高 |
[04:25] | but I’m not overly concerned about that. | 可那不是什么大问题 |
[04:27] | But I do want you to have a blood test, to check your thyroid. | 不过我觉得你最好去验个血 检查下甲状腺 |
[04:30] | You can make an appointment at reception. All right? | 在前台预约就可以了 可以吗? |
[04:33] | Yes. | 好 |
[04:35] | Now, I will give you something to help you sleep | 现在 我给你开些有助睡眠的药 |
[04:39] | but just enough for a week. | 但是只有一周的剂量 |
[04:42] | What good’s that? | 这算是好消息吗? |
[04:44] | Insomnia isn’t a disease. | 失眠不是很严重的病 |
[04:45] | Sleeping tablets won’t make it go away. We need to find the cause. | 安眠药解决不了问题 需要进一步观察 |
[04:50] | Now, you’re obviously anxious, and a little depressed. | 很显然你现在心神不宁 还有点抑郁 |
[04:54] | So I want you to come back and speak to our counsellor. | 所以我还是建议你回头找会诊医生聊聊 |
[04:59] | – What for? – I think she’d be able to help you. | – 为什么? – 我觉得她能帮帮你 |
[05:05] | But you’ll give me the prescription now? | 你现在能给我开药方吗? |
[05:07] | Yes, but will you see the counsellor? | 可以 那你会去见会诊医生吗? |
[05:10] | I think it will do you some good. | 我还是建议你去 有益无害 |
[05:15] | You think about it for a moment. | 你好好考虑一下 |
[05:42] | Tom! | 汤姆! |
[05:44] | Give us it. | 给我 |
[06:31] | – Don’t do your back in. – I know. | – 你不该回来啊 – 我知道 |
[06:33] | It doesn’t get any easier. Job for a younger man, this. | 一点也不轻松 这分明是年轻人的活儿 |
[06:37] | Joe used to love it here. | 乔原来很喜欢这里 |
[06:40] | Did you speak to my son and heir? | 你和我儿子还有继承人说了吗? |
[06:43] | I left him a message on his answerphone. | 我在答录机上给他留言了 |
[06:47] | It’s going to rain again. | 又要下雨了 |
[07:37] | – Now, then. – Hello, boss. | – 干的怎么样了 – 头儿 |
[07:40] | – What you got? – You hit rock, then? | – 怎么了? – 听说撞到岩石了? |
[07:43] | Yeah, we just gone through. | 是的 我们刚刚打穿 |
[07:44] | This is the fourth, so I reckon, what, 17.5? | 这是第四个了 大概17.5 |
[07:46] | Give or take. | 继续还是放弃 |
[07:47] | 17.5? It’s got to be a scour hollow. | 17.5? 那不得冲出个洞啊 |
[07:50] | Probably. | 很有可能 |
[07:51] | – All right, Mick? – All right. | – 麦克 怎么样? – 还不错 |
[08:02] | How long will it take us to get back? | 我们多久能赶回来? |
[08:04] | 25, with traffic. | 堵着呢 要25分钟吧 |
[08:05] | – Are you hungry? – I am. | – 你饿了吗? – 嗯 |
[08:06] | Good. | 太好了 |
[08:09] | There you go. | 给你 |
[08:12] | Yes, London clay. Thank you. | 伦敦黏土 谢谢啦 |
[08:14] | – Thanks, Andy. See you. – Cheers. | – 谢谢 安迪 再见了 – 加油喽 |
[08:36] | – Dusting of mica. – Let’s have a look. | – 云母粉尘 – 让我看看 |
[08:39] | Hmm, it’s quite nice. | 嗯嗯 真不赖 |
[08:46] | Very nice. | 太棒了 |
[08:51] | – It’s just a dusting, isn’t it? – Yeah. | – 就是一些灰 – 对 |
[09:01] | What would you say was the happiest moment in your life? | 你一生中最幸福的时刻是什么? |
[09:05] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[09:07] | Your nicest memory. | 你最美好的回忆 |
[09:11] | Have a think. | 好好想想 |
[09:25] | When your children were born? | 孩子刚出世的时候? |
[09:31] | – Your wedding day? – I don’t know. | – 结婚那天? – 我不知道 |
[09:35] | Take your time. | 慢慢想 |
[09:37] | I can’t remember. | 想不起来了 |
[09:39] | Can’t or won’t? Mm? | 是想不起来还是不愿意想? |
[09:42] | Can’t or won’t remember? | 想不起来还是不愿意想? |
[09:44] | Don’t know what I’m doing here. I didn’t want to come. | 我不知道这算什么 我根本没打算来 |
[09:47] | Don’t want to talk about my family. Why should I? | 我不想说家里的事 凭什么让我说 |
[09:49] | None of your business. All I need is a good night’s sleep | 又不是你在失眠 我只是想要好好睡一觉 |
[09:52] | and nobody’s helping me. | 可没人愿意帮我 |
[09:54] | Janet, I want to help you. That’s why we’re here. | 詹尼特 我想帮你 所以我们才坐在这儿 |
[09:58] | I know it’s not easy to talk about personal things. | 我知道 私人问题不好说出口 |
[10:02] | Suppose the boot was on the other foot, | 假设别人有你这样的问题 |
[10:06] | and someone came to you, | 他来找你 |
[10:07] | say, your daughter, and said, | 比如你女儿 对你说 |
[10:09] | “I haven’t been sleeping for months.” | “我这几个月都睡不好” |
[10:12] | What would you say to them? | 你会对她说什么? |
[10:14] | “Go to the doctor.” | “去看医生” |
[10:16] | What else would you say? | 还有呢? |
[10:19] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[10:22] | What would you ask her? | 你会问她点什么? |
[10:26] | Is she eating all right? I don’t know, something like that. | 比如她饮食怎么样? 像这样的问题 |
[10:31] | Good. | 很好 |
[10:32] | Anything else? | 还有别的吗? |
[10:36] | That a couple of months of proper sleep would sort it out. | 早睡早起几个月就能解决了 |
[10:39] | Sort what out? | 解决什么? |
[10:42] | The sleeping. | 睡眠问题 |
[10:44] | OK. | 好吧 |
[10:49] | On a scale of one to ten… | 如果让你用一到十… |
[10:53] | …how happy would you say you are, Janet? | …来形容你的幸福指数 你是多少? |
[10:55] | – One. – One. | – 一 – 一 |
[10:58] | I think there’s room for improvement there, | 我觉得这代表还有有很大提升空间 |
[11:00] | don’t you? | 不是吗? |
[11:02] | What is the one thing that would improve your life, apart from sleep? | 除了睡眠你觉得还有什么能提升这个指数吗? |
[11:06] | – A different life. – A different life. | – 截然不同的人生 – 截然不同的人生 |
[11:11] | Change is frightening, isn’t it? | 变化很可怕的 对不对? |
[11:16] | Nothing changes. | 什么都是老样子 |
[11:21] | Hope to see you next week, Janet. Same time. | 珍妮特 我们下周同一时间再见吧 |
[11:24] | I’ll be here, but it’s up to you. No pressure. | 我随时都在 你来不来都行 别强迫自己 |
[11:27] | Bye. | 再见 |
[11:36] | – Bye-bye, Sam. – Bye. | – 再见 山姆 – 再见 |
[11:43] | Look at you! | 看看你! |
[11:45] | You look like you’re fit to burst. | 要胀破了似的 |
[11:47] | I am fit to burst. Big boy’s wrestling his way down. | 我是要胀破了 小家伙正努力要出来呢 |
[11:50] | If he pops out, give me a shout. | 生的那天一定要叫我 |
[11:52] | Sweetheart, I’ll do more than shout. | 亲爱的 我肯定会叫得很大声的 |
[11:57] | – Hi, Gerri. – Hello, Mary. | – 嗨 杰莉 – 嗨 玛丽 |
[12:00] | You’re a sight for sore eyes. | 你可真受欢迎 |
[12:02] | Can you process these for me? | 能帮我做这个吗? |
[12:04] | Oh, well, seeing as it’s you. | 嗯 看在你的面子上 |
[12:06] | How are you? | 你怎么样? |
[12:07] | I’m snowed under, to be honest, | 说实话 我已经超负荷了 |
[12:08] | and I’ve got a headache. | 还头疼不止 |
[12:10] | Have you seen the doctor? | 看医生了吗? |
[12:13] | Hello, Gemma. | 嗨 杰玛 |
[12:14] | Do you fancy a drink tonight? | 晚上喝一杯怎么样? |
[12:16] | – I’d love one. – Great. Are you sure? | – 我也想呢 – 太棒了 说好了? |
[12:17] | I’ve only got an hour. | 就一个小时 |
[12:19] | That’s all right. | 够了够了 |
[12:19] | – Tom’s cooking supper. – Oh, lovely. | – 汤姆正做饭呢 – 多贴心 |
[12:22] | – I’ll see you later. – Yeah. | – 晚点见 – 好 |
[12:38] | Do you know, Gerri, | 杰莉 我从没想过 |
[12:40] | I’ve never been with a man who could cook. | 会和一个会做饭的人在一起 |
[12:41] | – Haven’t you? – No. | – 没想过? – 没有 |
[12:43] | They could do other things. | 他们可以做点别的啊 |
[12:45] | That doesn’t get you fed. | 可那些都不能填饱肚子 |
[12:46] | No, it keeps a girl happy, though. | 的确不能 可会哄女孩子高兴 |
[12:49] | – And you can’t cook. – No. Well, I can a bit. | – 你又不会做饭 – 我会做一点点 |
[12:51] | – But it’s not really my thing. – No, it’s not. | – 不过不是我擅长的 – 绝对不是 |
[12:54] | Oh, no, don’t remind me about that, Gerri. | 杰莉 你又让我想起那个了 |
[12:57] | You could put an ad in the paper “Chef wanted”. | 你可以在报纸上登个广告 “招聘厨师” |
[13:00] | Yeah. “Chef/boyfriend required for gorgeous girl.” | 嗯 “靓女欲寻厨师兼男友 非诚勿扰” |
[13:05] | No, “Mature woman with cat.” | 不对 应该是 “养猫的熟女” |
[13:09] | No, “Maturish”. We don’t want to put them off, do we? | 不不 “轻熟女” 别让他们太失望了 |
[13:19] | It’s lovely the way you and Tom do everything together. | 你和汤姆做什么都在一起 真好 |
[13:21] | We’re very lucky. | 我们很幸运 |
[13:23] | Yeah. You are, but you deserve it. | 是啊 你们应得的 |
[13:25] | You’re both such lovely people. | 你们都是这么好的人 |
[13:27] | Oops, my halo’s slipping. | 我的光环要滑掉了 |
[13:28] | Yeah, Saint Gerri. | 对 圣女杰莉 |
[13:31] | No, but I’m really comfortable with where I am in my life, as you know. | 你知道的 我很满意现在的生活 |
[13:35] | I’ve got my lovely little garden flat, a good job. | 有个可爱的花园别墅 一份好工作 |
[13:38] | I’ve got my health, touch wood, | 身体也很健康 但愿继续保持好运 |
[13:40] | I’ve got my independence. | 是个独立的女性 |
[13:41] | I mean, don’t get me wrong, it’s not all rosy. | 别误解我 并不是说什么不好的都没有 |
[13:44] | I have good days and bad days | 和其他人一样 |
[13:45] | like everyone else, but, hey! | 有顺心的也有不顺心的 不过 |
[13:47] | Are you going to do something about your garden? | 你想打理一下你家的花园吗? |
[13:50] | Oh, don’t remind me! I’m really guilty about that. | 别和我说那个 满心的愧疚啊 |
[13:53] | I’ve neglected it, haven’t I? | 我都忘了 不是吗? |
[13:54] | Yes, you have. | 好吧 你忘了 |
[13:55] | But yesterday I was brushing my teeth and I looked out the window | 不过昨天我刷牙时向窗外看了一眼 |
[13:59] | and I saw these two daffodils peeping over the top of the grass. | 有那么两朵水仙花在草丛中若隐若现 |
[14:02] | I must get it cut. | 我得剪了它们 |
[14:03] | – Get yourself that lawn mower. – I know. | – 用除草机 – 我知道 |
[14:05] | Couldn’t I just get a man in? It wouldn’t cost much. | 不能雇个人吗? 不会太贵的 |
[14:08] | Hmm. “Gardener/chef/ boyfriend.” | “诚征园丁兼厨师兼男友” |
[14:12] | Yeah! | 就是这个! |
[14:13] | But I don’t want to spend too much money | 可我不想花太多钱 |
[14:16] | because I’m going to get myself a little car. | 因为我呢 想买辆车 |
[14:18] | Are you? | 是吗? |
[14:18] | Yeah, I’ve decided it’s about time. | 嗯 已经决定了 就是时间问题了 |
[14:20] | It’s a big step. | 重大的决定啊 |
[14:21] | I know. It’s exciting, isn’t it? | 听上去就令人兴奋 对吧? |
[14:23] | I mean, I’ve got a little bit of money. | 我是说 我攒了不少钱 |
[14:24] | Not a lot, but enough. | 也不是很多 但足够了 |
[14:26] | But I’ll have to cut back on, you know, | 可是我不得不节省着点了 你知道的 |
[14:28] | shoes, clothes, jewellery, my knick-knacky things. | 鞋 衣服 珠宝 还有我的那些小物件 |
[14:31] | But that’s OK because I’ve got loads of clothes. | 但那都无所谓 反正我有很多衣服穿 |
[14:34] | My wardrobe isn’t big enough. | 我的衣柜都放不下了 |
[14:35] | In fact, I’m not doing anything this weekend, | 实际上这周末没什么事 |
[14:37] | so I’ll get up really early, | 我打算起个大早 |
[14:39] | sort my winter clothes into plastic bags | 把冬天的衣服归归类 装到塑料袋里 |
[14:41] | and shove them under the bed. | 然后塞到床底下 |
[14:43] | Can I top you up? | 给你满上 |
[14:44] | No, I’m going now, Mary. | 不了 玛丽 我该走了 |
[14:46] | Won’t you help me finish it? | 不帮我把这瓶喝完了? |
[14:47] | No, really. | 真不喝了 |
[14:48] | Oh, all right. Well, I think I’m going to stay for a little while. | 好吧 我想再待会儿 |
[14:54] | How’s Joe? Have you heard from him this week? | 乔怎么样了? 这周有他的消息吗? |
[14:56] | No, but I’m sure he’s fine. | 没有 但我确定他过的不错 |
[14:58] | Still no girlfriend? | 还没有女朋友? |
[14:59] | I’ve no idea. | 不清楚 |
[15:01] | He must have something on the go, | 他肯定是在忙什么呢 |
[15:03] | a good-looking boy like him. | 像他那么帅的 怎么会没有 |
[15:04] | See you on Thursday. | 星期四见 |
[15:06] | You’re coming for supper on Saturday. | 星期六来吃晚饭 |
[15:08] | Oh, lovely. Thank you, Gerri. | 亲爱的杰莉 谢谢你 |
[15:09] | Give my love to that lovely Tom. | 代我向可爱的汤姆问好 |
[15:11] | – I will. You take care. – Yeah. | – 好的 照顾好自己 – 我会的 |
[15:23] | Sorry I’m late. I’m sorry. | 真抱歉 我迟到了 |
[16:01] | What’s for supper? | 晚上吃什么? |
[16:03] | Arrabbiata. Are you hungry? | 辣番茄酱 饿了吗? |
[16:06] | I’m starving. | 要饿死了 |
[16:09] | Hello. | 还活着吗? |
[16:11] | Have a taste. | 尝尝 |
[16:13] | I hope it’s not too hot. | 但愿别太辣 |
[16:15] | You can never tell with chillies. | 辣椒辣不辣谁都没个准儿 |
[16:21] | – No. – No? | – 不辣 – 不辣? |
[16:24] | Oh, it’s coming out my ears. | 哦 耳朵冒烟了 |
[16:26] | Good. Glass of wine? | 很好 喝一杯吗? |
[16:29] | No, I’ve had a couple. Oh, go on, just a smidgeon. | 不 我都喝不少了 好吧 来一点 |
[16:31] | That’s the spirit. | 这才对 |
[16:35] | – How was your day? – Good. | – 今天过的好吗? – 很好啊 |
[16:38] | I was out and about, getting my hands dirty. | 我出去了 弄一手脏回来 |
[16:42] | – How about you? – Disappointing. | – 你呢? – 不怎么样 |
[16:44] | Pass me the parsley. | 香菜递我 |
[16:46] | No breakthroughs? | 没什么突破? |
[16:48] | I had my alcoholic tutor in again. | 戒酒那位又来了 |
[16:50] | Yeah? | 哦? |
[16:52] | – He was pissed as a fart. – Really? | – 他喝的烂醉如泥 – 真的假的? |
[16:55] | It was very upsetting, actually. | 真是糟糕透了 |
[16:58] | How did you handle it? | 你怎么处理了? |
[17:00] | I bought him a double Scotch. | 我给他点了双份的苏格兰威士忌 |
[17:02] | No, I had to challenge him. | 没有啦 我不得不对他来点硬的 |
[17:03] | I told him it was up to him. | 我告诉他这一切都在他 |
[17:05] | How did he take that? | 这招对他怎么样? |
[17:07] | Well, I don’t know. We’ll have to see. | 那我就不知道了 等等看吧 |
[17:09] | Well, at least he came. | 不管怎么说他来找你了 |
[17:11] | – Have we heard from Joe? – No. | – 有乔的消息吗? – 没有 |
[17:14] | But I haven’t checked my e-mails. | 不过我还没看电子邮箱呢 |
[17:16] | I’ll ring him later. I’d love to see him. | 晚点我给他打个电话 真想见见他 |
[17:19] | He’s all right. | 他不会有事的 |
[17:25] | Mr. Gupta? | 葛塔先生? |
[17:27] | Joe Hepple, nice to meet you. | 你好 我是乔·海帕 |
[17:28] | – I just came with him. – Ah, good. | – 我跟他一起来的 – 很好 |
[17:30] | Just follow me this way, please. | 请跟我这边来 |
[17:35] | This way. | 这边走 |
[17:48] | Excuse the mess. | 不好意思有点乱 |
[17:51] | You sit there, Mr. Gupta, and… | 葛塔先生 坐这儿… |
[17:54] | l’ll pop you there. | 我帮你腾地方 |
[18:04] | OK, now we’ve opened all these letters, | 好吧 这些信我都拆开了 |
[18:07] | and I’ve seen all I need to see for the time being. | 目前为止该看的都看了 |
[18:11] | Obviously, it’s a sizeable correspondence | 显而易见 信还真的是不少呢 |
[18:14] | and, understandably, Mr. Gupta hasn’t exactly been in a position to open them, | 简单说吧 葛塔先生这十周来一直在住院 |
[18:18] | seeing as he’s been in hospital for the past ten weeks. | 所以没能阅读 |
[18:21] | But, you’re looking fit and raring to go, Mr. Gupta. | 不过你看起来很健康 迫不及待要出院啊 |
[18:25] | Huh? | 啊? |
[18:30] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[18:31] | – How long will this take? – Not too long. | – 这得多长时间? – 不会太久 |
[18:34] | It’s just I have to get back to work. | 我必须尽快回去工作 |
[18:37] | What do you do? | 你做什么的? |
[18:38] | Er, I’m… Restaurant family business. | 呃… 家庭餐饮业 |
[18:41] | Oh, tasty. | 哦 美味 |
[18:43] | OK. | 好吧 |
[18:45] | Erm… it’s important for Mr. Gupta to understand that | 嗯… 葛塔先生需要明白的是 |
[18:49] | at this point | 在目前这个阶段 |
[18:51] | he’s in no danger of being evicted. | 他不会被驱逐 |
[19:02] | OK? | 好了吗? |
[19:04] | I’ll take you briefly through what is going to happen in court. | 我简要和你说一下审理那天的流程 |
[19:07] | Erm… l’ll be representing Mr Gupta on the day. | 嗯… 我将代表葛塔先生出庭 |
[19:10] | We’ll put the case to the judge… | 向法官说明事实… |
[19:12] | …and… | …然后… |
[19:14] | he will agree to adjourn which will then | 法官会同意休庭 |
[19:16] | give us time to sort things out, OK? | 我们就有时间解决问题了 明白? |
[19:19] | So, I’ll… Excuse me. | 这样我… 不好意思 |
[19:21] | Hello? | 你好? |
[19:51] | – I’ll get it! – All right. | – 我来开! – 好的 |
[19:54] | – Hello, Mary. – Hi, Gerri. | – 你好 玛丽 – 嗨 杰莉 |
[19:56] | It’s stopped raining, thank goodness. | 天晴了 谢天谢地 |
[19:58] | I know. | 是啊 |
[19:58] | – Welcome. – Oh, thank you. | – 欢迎你来 – 谢谢 |
[20:00] | I bought you a little present, some thyme. | 给你买的小礼物 百里香 |
[20:01] | That’s lovely. Thank you. | 真可爱 谢谢 |
[20:03] | It’s nothing much. | 就是个小东西 |
[20:04] | – Oh, there he is. – Hello, love. | – 嗨 你好 – 亲爱的 |
[20:05] | Hello, Tom. | 你好 汤姆 |
[20:07] | Oh! I’m sorry, I just had to have a cigarette | 真抱歉 我控制不住就抽了根烟 |
[20:09] | and I know you don’t like the smell. | 我知道你不喜欢烟味 |
[20:11] | Don’t be daft. | 傻姑娘 |
[20:11] | I’m trying to give up, aren’t I, Gerri? | 我正试着戒掉它 对吧杰莉? |
[20:14] | Oh, are you? | 真的? |
[20:14] | Only I’ve just had a bad experience on the tube. | 就是地铁上有些不愉快的事 |
[20:16] | – What happened? – There was this man. | – 怎么了? – 有个男的 |
[20:18] | – What did he do? – Well, he was looking at me. | – 他怎么了? – 他一直在看我 |
[20:21] | I mean, every time I looked up, he was looking at me. | 每次我抬头 他都在看我 |
[20:24] | Oh, dear. | 哦 天呐 |
[20:25] | It was a bit unsettling, to be honest. | 说实话 我挺不安的 |
[20:27] | Well, you’re here now. | 你现在安全了 |
[20:28] | Exactly, and I’m very happy to be here with both of you. | 对 和你们在一起我真开心 |
[20:32] | This is for you, Tom. | 汤姆 这是给你的 |
[20:33] | – Ah! – It’s nothing special. | – 哦! – 没什么特别的 |
[20:35] | Buenos Aires. | 布宜诺斯艾利斯 |
[20:36] | Yeah, because I thought you went there, | 嗯 因为我想你们不是去过那吗? |
[20:40] | didn’t you, the two of you, Argentina? | 你俩去过吧 阿根廷? |
[20:40] | – No, we didn’t, no. – No. | – 我们没去 – 没有 |
[20:42] | – Didn’t you? – No. | – 你们没去? – 没有 |
[20:43] | Tom’s been to Brazil, digging his holes. | 汤姆去巴西了 挖他的洞 |
[20:46] | – Yeah. – Oh, I’m so stupid sometimes. | – 是的 – 有时我真糊涂 |
[20:49] | – That’s all right. – Oh, honestly, | – 没关系 – 真的没关系 |
[20:51] | Pow! What are you going to do with me, eh? | 砰! 你们有没有什么好办法? |
[20:54] | I’m just going to run upstairs. Is that all right? | 我先上楼去了 没关系吧 |
[20:56] | I won’t be a minute. | 很快就回来 |
[21:04] | I haven’t seen you since Christmas. | 圣诞节后就没见你了 |
[21:06] | Really? | 是吗? |
[21:07] | Oh, it’s just the three of us tonight? | 今晚就我们三个? |
[21:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:10] | – I did tell you. – Did you? | – 我跟你说了 – 你说了? |
[21:12] | We wanted you all to ourselves, Mary. | 跟你吃就很开心了 玛丽 |
[21:15] | Oh, thank you, Tom. That’s what all the boys say. | 谢谢你 汤姆 男孩子们都这么说 |
[21:19] | No, I wasn’t sure what to wear. | 我没想好穿什么 |
[21:21] | I didn’t know if it was going to be one of your big dinner parties, | 不知道你们是不是想开个晚宴 |
[21:24] | or just us, you know, casual. | 没想到就我们三个 很随性 |
[21:26] | I think you got it just about right, Mary. | 我倒觉得你这身挺好的 |
[21:27] | You look lovely. | 看起来很漂亮 |
[21:29] | Oh, thank you, Gerri. | 谢谢 杰莉 |
[21:30] | – Oh… sorry. – Did you have a late night? | – 哦…抱歉 – 昨晚熬夜了? |
[21:34] | Oh! I stayed up watching the film. | 看了一整夜电影 |
[21:38] | I couldn’t wake up this morning. | 早上都睁不开眼了 |
[21:40] | No, but it was lovely having a lie-in on my day off. | 不过 不上班的时候睡个懒觉蛮好 |
[21:42] | – We stayed in. – Did you? | – 我们没出去 – 是吗? |
[21:43] | – We listened to some music. – Amongst other things. | – 听听音乐 – 顺便做点别的事 |
[21:47] | – I thought Joe might be coming. – I don’t think so. | – 我以为乔会来呢 – 我看是不会了 |
[21:49] | He’s coming tomorrow. | 他明天来 |
[21:50] | Oh, that’s a shame. I won’t see him. | 那太可惜了 不能见面了 |
[21:53] | Did Gerri tell you about me getting a car, Tom? | 杰莉跟你说我要买辆车吗 汤姆? |
[21:55] | Yes. | 说了 |
[21:56] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[21:57] | Exciting. What are you going to get? | 多令人兴奋那 想买什么样的? |
[21:59] | Oh, well, I don’t know. Something small and… red. | 没想好呢 一个小小的… 红色的 |
[22:03] | Small and red? Well, that narrows it down. | 小红车? 范围还真是小多了 |
[22:06] | – Yeah. – I hope you’re hungry. | – 嗯 – 但愿你饿了 |
[22:08] | I’m starving, Gerri, you know me. | 杰莉 你了解我的 我快饿扁了 |
[22:10] | We’ll have to fatten you up. | 我们会把你喂胖的 |
[22:11] | Oh, it’s lovely having your dinner cooked for you. | 有人给你做好饭多幸福啊 |
[22:14] | You don’t really bother when you’re by yourself. | 自己住的时候就不会弄这么麻烦 |
[22:16] | – You look well. – Oh, thank you, Tom. | – 你看上去不错 – 谢谢你 汤姆 |
[22:18] | You’re nice and slim. | 匀称又苗条 |
[22:19] | Am I? Well, I’ve always been slim, haven’t I? | 真的? 我一直很苗条 是吧? |
[22:22] | Unlike me. Middle-aged spread. | 不像我 中年发福了 |
[22:24] | Shut up. | 别那么说 |
[22:25] | You’re perfect. Gorgeous in every way. | 你很完美 每天都那么动人 |
[22:26] | And you know it. | 别不承认 |
[22:34] | Sit yourself down, Mary. Help yourself to another drink. | 坐啊 玛丽 再喝一杯 |
[22:40] | How is that dressing coming along? | 那件衣服怎样了? |
[22:42] | As well as can be expected. | 和之前想的一样 |
[22:56] | I hear you’re going to the Emerald Isle again, Tom. | 汤姆 听说你又要去爱尔兰 |
[22:59] | That’s correct. Rent a cottage, take the car. | 没错 租个小别墅 开车去 |
[23:02] | – Put the tent in the back. – And the sleeping bags. | – 在后院支顶帐篷 – 还有睡袋 |
[23:05] | If it’s nice we might do a bit of camping. | 天气好的话 就考虑一下露营 |
[23:08] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[23:09] | I wouldn’t fancy sleeping in a tent, thank you very much. | 我可不想睡帐篷 多谢了 |
[23:12] | No, I never had you down as one of nature’s Girl Guides, Mary. | 我可从来没当你是大自然的女向导 |
[23:16] | No, Tom. | 确实没有 |
[23:19] | But I am always prepared. | 但我一直准备着呢 |
[23:23] | – Yes, but what for? – For anything, Gerri. | – 可为了什么呢? – 为了一切 杰莉 |
[23:26] | – You know me. – Yes, I do. | – 你了解我的 – 是的 |
[23:30] | I’m not going to get a holiday this year. | 今年我不打算休假了 |
[23:34] | But then I never do, do I, Gerri? | 也从来没休过 是吧? |
[23:36] | Because I haven’t got anyone to go with. | 因为没人陪我 |
[23:39] | It’s all right for you two, you’ve got each other. | 你们就很幸福了 彼此都是个伴 |
[23:42] | We’re going to the Ring of Kerry. | 我们打算去凯里环 |
[23:47] | The what? | 凯什么? |
[23:49] | The Ring of Kerry. It’s an area. | 凯里环 一个地名 |
[23:50] | Tralee, | 特拉利 |
[23:51] | – Dingle Bay. – Oh, lovely. | – 峡谷湾 – 多好呀 |
[23:53] | You’ve been there before, haven’t you? | 你以前去过吧? |
[23:55] | – That was Donegal. – Oh. | – 那是多尼戈尔 – 哦 |
[23:57] | The geologist stands on the beach | 地理学家站在海滩上 |
[23:59] | with his back to the sea and looks at the cliffs | 面朝峭壁 背对大海 |
[24:02] | whilst the geologist’s wife stands on the beach | 地理学家的老婆也站在海滩上 |
[24:05] | with her back to the cliffs looking at the sea. | 可她是面朝大海 背对峭壁 |
[24:12] | You see, I can’t afford to buy my car and have a holiday. | 你看 我买不起车 也没钱度假 |
[24:19] | But, if I had more money, then I could do both. | 可一旦我有钱了 两样就都妥了 |
[24:24] | But when you’ve got your car, Mary, you’ll be able to go wherever you want, | 可一旦你有车了 就哪都能去了 |
[24:28] | – very reasonably. – Exactly, Tom. | – 多合情合理 – 你说的没错 汤姆 |
[24:30] | That’s exactly why I’m getting it. | 这就是为什么我想买辆车 |
[24:32] | You see, I like just taking off and escaping, don’t I, Gerri? | 我只是想逃离这里 是吧 杰莉? |
[24:39] | I feel like I’m being somebody else. | 我觉得自己要变成另一个人了 |
[24:43] | – Really? Who’s that, then? – Tom! | – 是吗? 谁? – 汤姆! |
[24:49] | I like to get on the train… | 我想坐火车… |
[24:52] | But, you see, the car is cheaper than the train, isn’t it? | 可是汽车比火车便宜 对吧? |
[24:57] | Not environmentally. | 如果不考虑环境问题的话 |
[25:00] | Oh, what you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[25:05] | Those are my carbon footprints, Gerri. | 那些是我的碳足迹 |
[25:08] | Yes, I know. | 我知道 |
[25:12] | Financially, cars are cheaper. | 从经济角度来说 车便宜 |
[25:14] | That’s why there’s no incentive to go by train. | 这就是为什么大家都不愿意坐火车 |
[25:16] | Well, what about the airlines? | 那飞机呢? |
[25:18] | No government wants to increase the duty on aviation fuel. | 政府都不愿意提高飞机燃油税 |
[25:23] | No. | 当然不 |
[25:24] | And this government won’t invest in the railways, | 然后呢 又不投资建铁路 |
[25:26] | so anything we do is a piss in the ocean. | 我们能做的对他们来说只不过是沧海一尿 |
[25:28] | Absolutely. | 的确是 |
[25:30] | And then there’s the big corporations, | 还有很多大型的企业 |
[25:32] | who keep their lights on all night in empty office blocks. | 那些空荡荡的写字楼整夜都灯火通明 |
[25:35] | We’re all expected to do our bit with eco bulbs. | 而政府却希望我们尽公民义务去用节能灯泡 |
[25:37] | I know. | 就是说嘛 |
[25:40] | Should I stop recycling, then, Gerri? | 我还应该继续支持回收吗 杰莉? |
[25:44] | – No. – You’ve got to set an example. | – 不 – 你已经树立个榜样了 |
[25:46] | – Yeah. – Plant a few tomatoes. | – 对 – 种点西红柿 |
[25:49] | And courgettes. | 和西葫芦 |
[25:53] | I am very environmentally friendly, actually. | 实际上我很环保的 |
[25:58] | – Are you? – Yeah. | – 你? – 是啊 |
[25:59] | I don’t fly. | 我不坐飞机 |
[26:02] | I don’t live in a house that’s more than I need. | 我住的也不是那种奢侈的豪宅 |
[26:07] | I don’t cook. | 我不做饭 |
[26:08] | – Other people cook for you, though. – Who? | – 有人给你做 – 谁啊? |
[26:11] | You get takeaways, don’t you? | 你叫外卖不是吗? |
[26:13] | That doesn’t count. Everybody gets takeaways. | 那不算 谁都叫外卖 |
[26:17] | You’ve built whole motorways, Tom. | 汤姆 你可是建高速的 |
[26:20] | How environmentally friendly is that? | 那可一点都不环保 |
[26:23] | Exactly! | 是的! |
[26:24] | More cars! More cars! At least I’m buying an old car. | 会有越来越多的车 至少我会买辆二手车 |
[26:28] | – Recycled. – Yeah. | – 回收利用 – 对 |
[26:30] | Yet we’re constantly told that the measure of a thriving economy | 然而人们对新车的消费 |
[26:34] | is the sale of new cars. | 可以带动经济繁荣发展 |
[26:37] | Yes, but, Tom… | 是这样 可是汤姆… |
[26:39] | …if I buy a new car… | …如果我买新车… |
[26:43] | …that’s another car. | …就又多了一辆车了 |
[26:47] | You’re absolutely right, Mary. | 一点都没错 玛丽 |
[26:50] | And would you like some coffee? | 你想喝咖啡吗? |
[26:55] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[26:57] | I’d like my usual. | 和平时一样 |
[27:12] | Are you all right, Gerri? | 你还好吧 杰莉 |
[27:14] | Yes, Mary, I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[27:16] | How are you? | 你怎么样? |
[27:23] | I’m happy. | 我很快乐 |
[27:24] | Good. | 那就好 |
[27:29] | I just wanted to say… | 我只想说… |
[27:32] | …that if you ever need to share anything… | …如果你想倾诉的话… |
[27:38] | …l’m here for you. | …随时来找我 |
[27:43] | I’m a very good listener. | 我是个很好的倾听者 |
[27:46] | Thank you, Mary, but I’m fine. | 谢谢你 不过我没事 |
[27:48] | Yeah, I know. | 嗯 我知道 |
[28:03] | It’s very kind of you, Mary. | 你是个好人 玛丽 |
[28:09] | Oh, Gerri. | 哦 杰莉 |
[28:15] | Everybody needs someone to talk to, don’t they? | 每个人都需要有个倾诉的对象 是吧? |
[28:20] | Yes, Mary, they do. | 是 我们都需要 |
[28:26] | Oh, well, onwards and upwards. | 好吧 勇往直前 |
[28:31] | You’d better stay the night. | 你在这儿睡吧 |
[28:32] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[28:34] | Well, I think you should. | 别嘴硬了 |
[28:37] | All right, Gerri, you’re the boss. | 好吧 杰莉 听你的 |
[28:39] | We’ll find you a T-shirt again. | 给你找个T恤 |
[28:42] | Will you? | 你真好 |
[28:49] | I’ve found you a toothbrush. | 给你找了个牙刷 |
[28:51] | I sometimes wonder what he’s doing. | 有时我纳闷他在做什么 |
[28:55] | If he thinks about me. I bet he does. | 是否有替我想过 我打赌他想过 |
[28:58] | How old was he? | 他多大了? |
[29:01] | He’ll be 64 now. | 他64了 |
[29:04] | 64? Blimey, he’s older than me. | 64? 比我都老 |
[29:06] | – Almost a pensioner. – He’ll be past it now, Mary. | – 都能领养老金了 – 他早就能领了 |
[29:09] | – Give us your hand. – Oh, no, Tom. | – 把手给我 – 不 汤姆 |
[29:11] | He was lovely. | 他很可爱 |
[29:13] | Well, we all grow old. | 我们都会变老 |
[29:15] | Oh, no, but he was very, very, sexy, Gerri. | 可他非常非常性感 杰莉 |
[29:18] | Do you know what I mean? | 你懂我的意思吗? |
[29:20] | Too much information. | 能理解成好多意思 |
[29:22] | I bet he regrets it deep down. | 我保证他内心深处充满懊悔 |
[29:25] | I hope he does. | 但愿如此 |
[29:28] | He was my big love… | 他是我的最爱… |
[29:32] | …but he was married. | …可他已经结婚了 |
[29:37] | Well, what can you do, Tom? | 汤姆 你能怎么做呢? |
[29:39] | You can’t walk around with a label saying, | 你不可能平时走路时带着个标签 |
[29:43] | “Don’t fall in love with me, I’m married,” | 上面写着 “已婚 请勿爱我” |
[29:46] | can you? | 对吧? |
[29:46] | Some people wear a ring. | 这就是为什么大家要戴婚戒 |
[29:48] | He didn’t. | 他没戴 |
[29:51] | But he wasn’t a bad person. | 可他不是坏人 |
[29:58] | He loved me. | 他爱我 |
[30:01] | Sounds to me like he was a duplicitous shit. | 在我看来他是个大骗子 |
[30:04] | Tom? | 汤姆? |
[30:13] | Do you think it was my fault, Tom? | 你觉得是我的错吗? |
[30:15] | No, I don’t, Mary. | 不是的 |
[30:18] | Honest. | 说实话 |
[30:19] | It takes two to tango. | 一个巴掌拍不响 |
[30:22] | Oh, so you think it was my fault, Gerri? | 那你觉得是我的错喽? |
[30:24] | – I didn’t say that. – No, I know you didn’t, really. | – 我没那样说 – 我知道你没说 |
[30:31] | I blame my big heart. | 都怪我太大意了 |
[30:34] | Well, we all have to make choices, don’t we? | 总归 我们要做出一些决定 对吧? |
[30:38] | Why do I always get it wrong, Gerri? | 可为什么我总选错? |
[30:46] | I mean, look what happened when I got divorced from that shit. | 我和那个混蛋离婚时发生的那叫什么事啊 |
[30:51] | I let him palm me off | 我居然让他给耍了 |
[30:53] | with 5,000… nothing pounds | 就用了区区5000磅… |
[30:56] | and what am I left with now? | 现在我得到了什么? |
[30:58] | Sod all. | 什么都没有 |
[31:01] | I’m living in a poky rented flat | 天天呆在这么个租的小公寓里 |
[31:04] | when I should have my own home at my age. | 以我这个年纪难道不该有自己的房子吗? |
[31:10] | It’s not fair. | 不公平 |
[31:23] | Bastard. | 擦 |
[31:49] | My goodness. | 我的上帝啊 |
[31:51] | Hm? | 嗯? |
[31:53] | – She gets worse. – I know. Desperate. | – 她变得更糟了 – 是 很绝望 |
[31:59] | I feel a bit guilty. | 我有点愧疚 |
[32:02] | What? | 为什么? |
[32:04] | Well, you know. | 你知道的 |
[32:06] | No. | 不会吧 |
[32:12] | No. You’re right. | 不 你是对的 |
[32:17] | I don’t think I really enjoyed history at school. | 我想我上学的时候不是很喜欢历史 |
[32:21] | Didn’t you? | 不喜欢吗? |
[32:23] | Maybe I did. | 谁知道呢 |
[32:28] | It’s just that the older you get, the more relevant it seems. | 只是人上了年纪后就觉得它越来越有意义 |
[32:33] | To state the bleeding obvious. | 向我们阐释一些不争的事实 |
[32:44] | We’ll be part of history soon. | 我们很快就是历史的一部分了 |
[32:46] | Exactly. | 当然 |
[32:50] | – Aha! – Aha! | – 啊哈! – 啊哈! |
[32:53] | What are you doing riding on the pavement, young man? | 年轻人 骑车在马路上晃什么呢? |
[32:56] | I’m breaking the law, officer. | 长官 我在违法乱纪 |
[32:59] | – How long did it take? – About an hour. | – 到这儿得多久? – 大约一个小时 |
[33:00] | – Are you knackered? – I’m ready for bed. | – 累坏了吧 – 就想往床上一躺 |
[33:02] | – Late night? – Hangover. | – 熬夜了? – 宿醉 |
[33:04] | – Do you want a hand? – Yes, please. | – 需要帮忙吗? – 十分感谢 |
[33:06] | – I’ll stick this away. – All right. | – 我放这儿啦 – 好的 |
[33:10] | Oh, he’s back. That was quick, Tom. | 他回来了 真快啊 |
[33:12] | – Didn’t you get the manure? – Compost. | – 没拿到肥料吗? – 混合肥 |
[33:14] | – Here’s Joe! – Hi, Mary. | – 是乔啊! – 嗨 玛丽 |
[33:16] | Hello, Joe, what a surprise. | 嗨 乔 真是个惊喜 |
[33:18] | – Are you all right? – I’m great. How are you? | – 你还好吧? – 挺好 你呢? |
[33:20] | Oh, continental! He’s all sweaty. | 哦 真热情! 看他出了这么多汗 |
[33:22] | I’ve been riding all morning. | 我骑一早上车了 |
[33:23] | Have you? I like your hat. | 是吗 我喜欢你的帽子 |
[33:26] | Ah, that’s right. Never forget to kiss your mum. | 啊这就对了 从来不忘了问候妈妈 |
[33:29] | I never do. | 我可从没记着 |
[33:30] | No, you’re a good boy, aren’t you? | 不会的 你是个好孩子 |
[33:32] | – Yeah. – I remember when you were this big. | – 嗯 – 我记得你这么大的时候 |
[33:34] | You were a naughty boy. | 淘气的很 |
[33:36] | – I still am from time to time. – Oh, really? | – 我一直都是啊 – 真的? |
[33:38] | – I like your coat. – Oh, thank you. | – 大衣很好看 – 谢谢 |
[33:40] | I think I’m a bit overdressed for a Sunday morning. What do you think? | 周日早上穿这个有点多是吧? |
[33:43] | Is that what you wore in bed? | 那是你的睡衣吗? |
[33:45] | I slept in your bed. Is that all right? | 我睡你的床来着 没关系吧? |
[33:46] | As long as you cleaned the sheets. | 只要你洗床单了 |
[33:48] | No, I didn’t. Is that a problem? | 我没洗 有什么不妥的? |
[33:50] | – We’ll have to wait and see. – Oh, right. | – 我们等等看吧 – 好吧 |
[33:52] | Oh, sorry, Tom. I’m in your way. | 抱歉 挡你路了 |
[33:55] | All of these strong men. | 看他们多健壮 |
[33:58] | – Look at his muscles. – That’s why we had him. | – 这肌肉 – 所以我们才养他 |
[34:02] | All right, well, I’m off, then. | 好吧 我该走了 |
[34:04] | – You want a lift to the station? – It’s all right. | – 载你去车站怎么样? – 不用了 |
[34:06] | – Are you sure? – I’ll be fine. I could do with a walk. | – 真的不用? – 我走走就到了 |
[34:08] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[34:10] | Sorry about… you know… | 关于… 我很抱歉… |
[34:12] | It’s OK. | 没关系的 |
[34:13] | – It was good to see you. – Oh, thank you, Tom. | – 很高兴你能来 – 谢谢 汤姆 |
[34:15] | Are you all right? | 你还好吧? |
[34:17] | Yeah, you know. | 当然 |
[34:18] | Had a bit of a wild night, Joe. | 昨晚我过的相当愉快了 |
[34:23] | Well, I’d best be off. | 真该走了 |
[34:27] | Oh, thanks for saving me that breakfast. It was really delicious. | 哦 多谢你们的早餐 很可口 |
[34:30] | – You’re very welcome, Mary. – Yeah. | – 别客气 玛丽 – 嗯 |
[34:32] | It’s lovely to see you, Joe. I’ll see you soon, I hope. | 乔 很高兴见到你 希望很快再见 |
[34:35] | – See you soon. – Yeah, hopefully. | – 会的 – 嗯 但愿吧 |
[34:38] | Well, have a lovely day together, all of you. | 祝你们今天过的愉快 |
[34:40] | – Right. Ta-ta, then. – Yeah, OK. Bye. | – 谢谢 – 那么 再见了 |
[34:42] | See you on Tuesday, Gerri. | 周二见 杰莉 |
[34:43] | Bye, Mary. Take care. | 再见 照顾好自己 |
[34:45] | Bye. | 再见 |
[34:46] | – Bye Joe. – Bye. | – 再见了 乔 – 再见 |
[34:48] | – Bye. – Bye. | – 拜 – 拜 |
[35:16] | There you go. | 给你 |
[35:19] | – Delicious. – Present for you. | – 美味啊 – 给你的礼物 |
[35:30] | Matt’s getting married. | 马特要结婚了 |
[35:32] | Oh, Mathew! | 哦 马修! |
[35:33] | Oh, is he? Matt with the guitar? | 是吗? 弹吉他那个马特? |
[35:35] | No, that’s Paul. | 不 那是保罗 |
[35:37] | Oh, Matt, yeah. | 对 马特是另一个 |
[35:40] | That’s great. | 太棒了 |
[35:41] | Have you met the lady in question? | 你和有麻烦的那位女士谈过了吗? |
[35:43] | Certainly have. | 当然谈了 |
[35:43] | Is she worthy of him? | 她配得上他吗? |
[35:45] | No, they hate each other. | 没法商量了 他们憎恶彼此 |
[35:46] | You mean, is he worthy of her? | 你是想说 他配得上她吗? |
[35:48] | Oh, beg your pardon, Mrs Pankhurst. | 能再说一遍吗 潘赫斯特太太 |
[35:52] | Where’s the stag do this time? Buenos Aires? | 这次又是哪儿啊? 布宜诺斯艾利斯? |
[35:55] | – No, Dublin. – Ooh, lovely. | – 不 改都柏林了 – 哦 挺好 |
[35:57] | Another capital city brought to its knees. | 又攻占一个首都哈 |
[36:00] | Well, we’ll try and leave it as we find it. | 我们会尽量保持原样的 |
[36:02] | When are you going? | 什么时候去? |
[36:03] | July. The wedding’s August. | 七月 因为婚礼在八月 |
[36:04] | Lovely. I’ll make some tea. | 好极了 我去泡茶 |
[36:14] | So, when’s it going to be your turn? | 什么时候能轮到你呢? |
[36:16] | A week on Wednesday? | 可能是下周的星期三 |
[36:18] | Oh, you didn’t say. | 你之前怎么没说呢 |
[36:20] | I didn’t want to spoil the surprise. | 想给你们个惊喜嘛 |
[36:21] | – I knew. – Oh, no, I haven’t bought a hat. | – 我就知道 – 我还没买好帽子呢 |
[36:30] | Any news? | 有什么新鲜事吗? |
[36:34] | Nobody? | 还没谱呢? |
[36:35] | No, still quiet on that front. | 没有 没信儿呢 |
[36:41] | What? | 怎么了? |
[37:11] | Sorry, love. Excuse me. | 不好意思 借过 |
[37:39] | Who’s that a-knocking on my door? | 谁在敲我的门? |
[37:41] | It’s only me! | 是我! |
[37:43] | – Bugger off! – Hello, Tom, mate. | – 不许进! – 你好啊 伙计 |
[37:45] | Hiya, Gerri, love. | 亲爱的杰莉 |
[37:47] | – Hi, Ken, how are you? – I’m all right. | – 嗨 肯 近来好吗? – 很好啊 |
[37:50] | – Oh, crushed ribs. – Sorry. | – 哦 肋骨折了 – 真不好意思 |
[37:52] | – Give us your bag. – I’m bursting for a pee. | – 把包给我 – 我要憋死了 |
[37:54] | I’ll just run upstairs. Is that all right? | 不介意的话 我去楼上解决啦 |
[37:57] | I’ll put it on your bed. You’re in Joe’s room. | 行李我帮你放床上了 你住乔那屋 |
[38:07] | Ooh, that’s better. I needed that. | 哦 好多了 人有三急啊 |
[38:09] | I’ll take your coat. | 把大衣脱了吧 |
[38:10] | Thanks, mate. | 谢谢 伙计 |
[38:12] | – Ooh, Gerri. – Careful, Ken. | – 杰莉 – 小心那 |
[38:15] | – Would you like a beer? – Oh, I’d love one, ta. | – 喝啤酒吗? – 来一杯吧 谢了 |
[38:23] | – Maniacs. – Oh… | – 两个疯子 – 吼吼… |
[38:34] | – It’s great this. – Thank you. | – 人间美味 – 谢谢 |
[38:39] | Better? | 舒服了? |
[38:40] | I haven’t eaten since breakfast. | 我从早上一直饿到现在 |
[38:42] | – Haven’t you? – No. | – 什么都没吃? – 没有 |
[38:45] | It’s great to see you both. Cheers. | 见到你们真好 干杯 |
[38:46] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[38:48] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[38:54] | – Mm. – So how’s your flat, Ken? | – 嗯嗯 – 你的公寓怎么样了? |
[38:56] | Oh, same old, same old. | 老样子啊 老样子 |
[38:59] | You employed a cleaner yet? | 雇清洁工了吗? |
[39:00] | If I got a cleaner in, she’d turn round, walk straight out again. | 谁被我雇进来都会转身走人的 |
[39:04] | It might give her a purpose in life. | 这样才给清洁工一个宏伟的奋斗目标啊 |
[39:05] | Bit of a mess, but it suits me. | 屋子乱七八糟 可我觉得不错 |
[39:07] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[39:07] | Five minutes walk to work. | 五分钟就走到单位了 |
[39:09] | I usually get the bus, | 通常我坐车去上班 |
[39:11] | but if I’m late, I have to leg it, if I miss the bus. | 但要是晚了就坐不上了 只能走 |
[39:13] | I stop at the caff to pick up breakfast. | 路过小餐馆就买份早点 |
[39:17] | I have a croissant if they haven’t got any iced buns. | 没有砂糖圆面包我就买牛角面包 |
[39:19] | Cup of tea. | 加一杯茶 |
[39:21] | I have to smuggle it in. | 我得偷偷带进去 |
[39:23] | Just because of that Steve. He’s a right fascist. | 全是因为斯蒂文那个地地道道的法西斯 |
[39:25] | – That’s your boss, isn’t it? – Yeah, my boss. | – 是你老板? – 嗯 我老板 |
[39:27] | My supervisor. | 我的主管 |
[39:29] | – Is he still there? – Oh, yeah. | – 他还在那儿吗 – 是啊 |
[39:31] | He’s only been with us three… no, two years. | 就和我们一起干了三年… 不 两年 |
[39:33] | 35, looks 12, | 都35了 可看起来像12岁 |
[39:35] | treats me like a child. Bloody graduate. | 还把我当小孩子看 该死的新手 |
[39:37] | – You’re a graduate. – We’re all graduates, aren’t we? | – 你也是个新手啊 – 我们都是新手 |
[39:40] | – Oh, yeah, so we are! – You forgot. | – 对 我们都是! – 你都忘了 |
[39:43] | Would you like some salad, Ken? | 来点沙拉吗? |
[39:44] | – No, no. I’m all right, ta. – Sure? | – 不 不 够了 谢 – 确定? |
[39:48] | I mean, you spend nearly 40 years trying to | 近四十年来 你一直致力于 |
[39:50] | get people out of the dole queue and into jobs. | 帮助人们摆脱救济金找到工作 |
[39:52] | What thanks do you get? I’m sick of it! | 有人感谢你吗? 我都干恶心了! |
[39:54] | At your age, you can walk away, can’t you? | 你这个岁数 走就是了 |
[39:56] | Hm. I don’t know. | 谁知道呢 |
[39:58] | You’ve got a good retirement package. Index linked pension. | 退休金挺高的 可观的一笔啊 |
[40:02] | I could have gone two years ago. | 我两年前就能走了 |
[40:03] | Why didn’t you? | 为什么没走呢? |
[40:04] | – It’s not that easy, is it? – Isn’t it? | – 没那么简单 不是吗? – 难吗? |
[40:06] | What would you do with your time if you retired, Ken? | 退休了打算做什么? |
[40:11] | Pub. | 酒吧 |
[40:12] | Eat, drink, be merry. | 吃喝 然后结婚 |
[40:16] | I don’t know. | 谁知道呢 |
[40:21] | How’s Joe? | 乔呢? |
[40:23] | He’s fine. You’ll see him on Sunday. | 他很好 周日你能见到他 |
[40:25] | He’s well. | 他过得不错 |
[40:25] | Oh, great. Has he got a girlfriend? | 太好了 有女朋友了吗? |
[40:28] | – No, I don’t think so. – Not that we know of. | – 我觉得没有 – 他也不和我们说 |
[40:31] | Who else is coming to the barbeque? | 聚会还有谁来啊? |
[40:33] | Jack and Janey. | 杰克和珍妮 |
[40:34] | Tanya, GP from work. | 谭雅 一个同事 |
[40:36] | – Mary. – Oh, Mary. | – 还有玛丽 – 哦 玛丽 |
[40:39] | Is she? | 有她吗? |
[40:41] | Then, of course, there’s yourself, sir. The guest of honour. | 最后就是你了 我们的贵宾! |
[40:44] | Hooray! | 万岁! |
[40:45] | I don’t know about that. | 我才知道这事儿呢 |
[40:49] | What else you been up to? | 最近你还忙什么了? |
[40:50] | Oh, nothing much. | 哦 也没什么特别的 |
[40:53] | Mm! Oh, no, hey. | 哦! 不 嘿 |
[40:55] | Guess where I went the other week. | 猜我前几天去哪了 |
[40:57] | – Where? – Hull versus Derby. | – 哪啊? – 看赫尔城对阵德比郡 |
[40:59] | Ho, ho, ho! Who’d you cheer for? | 哦 天呐! 你给谁加油? |
[41:01] | Derby, of course. | 当然是德比郡 |
[41:02] | I had to keep quiet, I got stuck with the home mob. | 我不得不偷摸加油 我被主队球迷包围了 |
[41:05] | Was there owt worth cheering? | 有精彩的传球吗? |
[41:07] | No, it were crap. | 没有 太烂了 |
[41:08] | I don’t think my brother ever missed one home game. | 家乡的球赛我兄弟可是一场没落下 |
[41:11] | No. Me and my dad used to stand with him on the terraces. | 我们俩和爸爸经常在阶梯看台上站着 |
[41:15] | You used to leave Carl at your mum’s on a Saturday afternoon. | 周六下午你们经常把卡尔扔在你妈妈家 |
[41:17] | Remember? | 记得吗? |
[41:18] | Oh, yeah. | 当然记得 |
[41:19] | You could hear the roar of the crowd from the front room. | 在客厅里都能听见人群沸腾的吵闹声 |
[41:22] | Of course you could. It was three streets away. | 必须能听到 离球场不过三条街 |
[41:24] | Our house used to shake. | 房子都震晃了 |
[41:26] | Ours did. They all did. | 不光我们家 都在晃 |
[41:28] | During the Clough glory years, we were at the centre of the footballing universe. | 克劳当道的那几年 我们在足球世界的中心 |
[41:33] | – You never went. – I did occasionally. | – 可你从来没去过 – 去过几次好吧 |
[41:35] | I wasn’t manic, like him. | 只是不像他那么狂热 |
[41:39] | I don’t think Ronnie can afford to go now, the price of season tickets. | 我觉得罗尼现在去不起啦 联票太贵了 |
[41:43] | How is Ronnie? I haven’t seen him for years. | 罗尼怎么样了? 好几年没见到他了 |
[41:45] | – He’s 70 now, you know. – Is he? | – 现在有70喽 – 他都70了? |
[41:47] | – Carl’s 41. – Bloody hell. | – 卡尔都41了 上帝啊 |
[41:49] | – Linda’s still working. – She’s kept him all his life. | – 琳达还没退休 – 她照顾了他一辈子 |
[41:52] | She’s worn out, poor woman. | 她都不行了 可怜的女人 |
[41:54] | Is Carl the same? | 卡尔也是吗? |
[41:55] | As far as we know. | 大家都看得出来 |
[41:57] | Very sad. | 真悲剧 |
[41:58] | Linda’s heartbroken. | 琳达心都操碎了 |
[42:00] | So’s Ronnie. | 罗尼也没好到哪去 |
[42:01] | He’s cut himself off. | 他把自己孤立起来 |
[42:03] | I used to have a drink with Ronnie. | 我以前常和罗尼喝酒 |
[42:04] | When my dad was in the home, I’d go to Derby, | 我爸爸在家时我就跑去德比郡 |
[42:06] | he was always in the pub. | 酒吧里总有他 |
[42:07] | Yep, that’s one of the advantages of being free from the tyranny of regular employment. | 嗯 没有早八晚五的工作就是清闲 |
[42:13] | He never bought a round. | 他从来不买回家的票 |
[42:14] | Are you accusing my brother of being a mean bastard? | 你是不是在指责我兄弟是个吝啬的混蛋? |
[42:16] | Yeah, I am. | 我就是这个意思 |
[42:17] | – You’re right, he is. – I know. | – 好吧 你说的对 – 我知道 |
[42:20] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[42:33] | I mean, I… | 我是说… |
[42:39] | You get to a certain age… | 到了一定的年纪… |
[42:41] | I can’t go to the places I used to. | 就不能还去以前那些地方消遣了 |
[42:43] | They don’t like old fogies. | 谁愿意和糟老头儿混呢 |
[42:45] | – You don’t have to go. – They’re my pubs. | – 你没必要去 – 可它们是我的酒吧 |
[42:47] | Not any more, they’re not. | 已经不再是你的了 |
[42:48] | Except they’re not like pubs now, they’re all poncy bars. | 现在都面目全非 变得那么矫情 |
[42:51] | Exactly, things change. | 是啊 一切都在变 |
[42:53] | When I started at work, we’d all socialise together. | 我刚参加工作时 大家总聚在一起 |
[42:57] | On a Friday night, | 某个周五的晚上 |
[42:59] | everybody would go to the pub for a drink, go for a curry. | 一起出去喝一杯吃吃饭什么的 |
[43:01] | But now… | 可现在… |
[43:03] | It’s hard, isn’t it? | 不好过了 是吧? |
[43:08] | I mean, who would I go on holiday with? | 节假日我找谁过呢? |
[43:11] | There’s nobody, let’s face it. | 事实就是没有人 |
[43:15] | The only time I went on holiday was with Pam. | 就有那么一次和帕姆一起过的 |
[43:20] | Spain. Nightmare. | 西班牙 噩梦一般 |
[43:23] | Didn’t you go away with Andrea? | 没和安德亚一起呢? |
[43:25] | No, she went off with her sister. You remember? | 她和她姐姐出去了 你忘了? |
[43:27] | Oh, yeah. | 哦对 |
[43:29] | Stood me up, the bitch. | 把我晾一边儿 贱人 |
[43:31] | It leaves a nasty taste, doesn’t it? | 留了个坏印象是吧? |
[43:35] | Girls in bikinis covered with suntan oil. | 姑娘们身着比基尼 身上涂满了棕油 |
[43:39] | Boys flexing their muscles on the beach. | 小伙子们在沙滩上展示自己的肌肉 |
[43:41] | No, it’s not for me. | 不 那不是我风格 |
[43:42] | Oh, I don’t know. | 你不喜欢? |
[43:44] | Sounds nice. | 听起来不错 |
[43:46] | You could try a cultural holiday. | 你们可以尝试下文化气息的假日行 |
[43:49] | No, I’m not one for culture. | 我可不喜欢景点 |
[43:52] | Pub culture. | 酒吧文化呢 |
[43:54] | Young people, young people. | 年轻人 年轻人 |
[43:56] | Everything’s for young people. | 一切都是为年轻人准备的 |
[43:59] | These bars, you know, they’re full of young people shouting about nothing. | 这些酒吧里全是瞎乱喊的年轻人 |
[44:03] | I seem to remember you got banned | 如果我没记错的话 |
[44:04] | from a number of pubs in Hull | 赫尔城的很多酒吧都不许你进了 |
[44:06] | for shouting about nothing, | 就因为你瞎乱喊 |
[44:08] | when you were a young person. | 你也年轻过嘛 |
[44:11] | Right. | 好吧 |
[44:15] | “Ken, we like you. | “肯 我们都很喜欢你 |
[44:17] | You’re a good bloke, you’re good on the darts, | 你是个好人 又会玩飞镖 |
[44:19] | but if you talk about politics again, you’re barred.” | 可说到政治你还是放弃吧 那是你的死穴” |
[44:30] | No, but these kids, they’re just bloody noisy. | 嗯 可是这帮孩子 真是太吵人了 |
[44:34] | Isle of Wight Festival, 1968. | 1968年的怀特岛音乐节 |
[44:36] | We were noisy, weren’t we? | 我们都很癫狂 记得吗? |
[44:38] | – We weren’t, he was. – You were noisy. | – 我们不是 他是 – 我们很疯 |
[44:41] | – You were noisy. – I know I was noisy. | – 你很疯 – 我知道我很疯 |
[44:44] | Remember Plastic Penny? | 记得”塑料佩妮乐队”吗? |
[44:46] | Plastic Penny. | 塑料佩妮 |
[44:48] | Where are they now? | 他们现在在哪? |
[44:50] | You fancied Plastic Penny. | 你那时狂爱他们啊 |
[44:56] | It’s the young person’s prerogative to be noisy. | 狂躁是年轻人的特权 |
[44:59] | Yeah, I know, I know. It’s all my own fault. | 我知道 都是我自己的问题 |
[45:02] | I’m not meeting the right people. I’m stuck in a rut. | 我没遇到对的人 纠结于一成不变的日子里 |
[45:06] | It’s not your fault, Ken. | 肯 这不是你的错 |
[45:07] | You are stuck in a rut. | 你陷在这一成不变的日子里 |
[45:09] | That’s why you can’t face retirement. | 所以无法面对退休的事 |
[45:10] | Yeah, I know. | 嗯 是这样 |
[45:14] | I’m dreading getting on that train Sunday night. | 周日晚上 我很害怕赶上那班火车 |
[45:16] | I always do. | 我总这样 |
[45:17] | – Why? – I know what I’ll be thinking. | – 怕什么? – 我知道我怎么想的 |
[45:21] | There’s nothing for me in Hull any more. | 赫尔城对我来说已经没什么意义了 |
[45:24] | Except my job. | 除了工作 |
[45:27] | Most of my friends have gone. | 大部分朋友都不在那儿了 |
[45:29] | Hit you hard when Gordon died, didn’t it? | 戈登去世对你打击挺大吧 |
[45:32] | And his wife. | 还有他妻子 |
[45:33] | Is she gone? | 也走了? |
[45:35] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[45:36] | Oh, yeah, they’re both gone now. | 现在他们都不在了 |
[45:40] | Funnily enough, I was thinking about him on the way down. | 说来可笑 我走着走着就会想起他 |
[45:44] | I looked out the windows when we were in Lincolnshire, | 在林肯郡的时候 我常往窗外看 |
[45:47] | I saw this fucking tree. | 就能看到那棵该死的树 |
[45:55] | It rem… | 它让我… |
[46:01] | It reminded me of his funeral. | 它让我想起戈登的葬礼 |
[46:06] | Oh, Ken. | 哦 肯 |
[46:12] | Ken. | 肯 |
[46:14] | Ken. | 肯 |
[46:17] | Come on. | 过来 |
[46:18] | Gerri, I’m sorry. | 杰莉 对不起 |
[46:21] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[46:29] | I’m sorry, Tom. | 对不起 汤姆 |
[46:47] | How you doing? | 你还好吧? |
[46:50] | – I feel like shit. – You look like shit. | – 我感觉糟透了 – 看着就是 |
[46:52] | I know. | 我知道 |
[46:54] | Apart from that, how are you doing? | 除了这个 你还有什么感觉? |
[46:56] | I still feel like shit. | 我还是感觉糟透了 |
[47:00] | I’ll race you to the top. | 我会和你比到底的 |
[47:02] | – What? – Snake Pass, I’ll race you. | – 什么? – 蛇形道 我会打败你的 |
[47:04] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[47:07] | When was the last time you sat on a bike? | 你最后一次骑车是什么时候? |
[47:09] | 1896, penny-farthing. | 1896年 大纳茨福德赛 |
[47:16] | I tell you what. | 我跟你说 |
[47:18] | You and me, we’ll walk from Edale to Matlock Bath. | 我们俩从伊达尔出发 去马特洛克巴斯 |
[47:25] | Take as long as it takes. | 不着急 慢慢走 |
[47:27] | Stay in nice pubs along the way. What do you reckon? | 路过酒吧就进去喝几杯 你觉得怎样? |
[47:30] | I’ll tell you what. | 要我说啊 |
[47:31] | I’ll stay in the pubs, you do the walking. | 我待在酒吧里 你在外面走好了 |
[47:33] | Bugger that, you’re carrying the bags. | 得了吧 你可是拎行李的 |
[47:39] | How about it? | 怎么样啊? |
[47:45] | Serious, we’ll go in the autumn. | 没开玩笑 秋天我们就出发 |
[47:56] | What are we going to do with you, then, eh? | 不然你想怎么办呢? |
[48:05] | You can’t go on like this, that’s for sure. | 反正你绝对不能再这么下去了 |
[49:05] | So, is it every man for himself or are we having teams? | 多对一还是小组赛? |
[49:08] | Teams. | 小组赛 |
[49:09] | If I might make so bold, I would suggest that the best plays with the worst, Jack. | 我大胆提议 最差的和最棒的分一组 |
[49:13] | – Good idea. – In other words, you’re with Ken. | – 好主意 意思就是 – 你和肯一组 |
[49:15] | – Thanks. – It’s me and you, Ken. | – 谢了 – 肯 是我和你 |
[49:17] | – Is there anything on it? – Bottle of wine. | – 赌点什么? – 赌瓶酒 |
[49:19] | You’re on. | 我跟 |
[49:20] | – Are you ready? – Yeah. Yeah, go on. | – 准备好了吗? – 好了 扔吧 |
[49:22] | – It’s you! – Ah, right! | – 该你了! – 哈哈! |
[49:24] | – Shall I kick off? – You take the honour. | – 那么我开球了 – 您请 |
[49:26] | So, this father and son team. | 父子队来啦 |
[49:28] | The double Hepple. | 大小赫普 |
[49:29] | Yes, take on these unknown mavericks. | 没错 给你们瞧瞧我们的斗士精神 |
[49:31] | – That’s us, Ken. – Good luck, Tom. | – 看看吧 肯 – 祝你好运 |
[49:33] | And good luck to you, Mo. | 你也好运 |
[49:35] | Can I just say what a great pleasure it is to be playing with you once again? | 我不得不承认能再次和你打球真是太棒了 |
[49:41] | Yep, yeah. Watch and learn, Ken. | 那当然 好好学着吧 |
[49:43] | There’s wine on it. | 赢了可有酒喝哦 |
[49:45] | Right. | 是啊 |
[49:48] | Off we go. | 发射 |
[49:58] | – At-choo! – I knew it! | – 啊! – 我就知道! |
[49:59] | – I knew you were going to do that! – Ha, ha, ha! | – 我就知道你会这么干! – 哈哈哈! |
[50:02] | All my life I’ve had to put up with this nonsense from you | 这么多年了 我一直都要忍受你这种折磨 |
[50:05] | and I’m not going to have it any longer! | 现在我要反抗! |
[50:12] | Don’t scare the wildlife, Ken. | 别把动物吓到了 |
[50:14] | How many times a night do you go? | 你一般起夜多少回? |
[50:17] | I lose count. | 没数过 |
[50:19] | You gotta get it sorted out, Ken. | 你得想办法治一治 |
[50:21] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[50:25] | – Oh, what a beauty. – Lovely. | – 天 太美了 – 真不错 |
[50:27] | Good shot, partner? | 漂亮的一击 是吧搭档? |
[50:29] | – Oh, sorry. Good shot, Jack. – Thank you. | – 相当漂亮了 – 谢谢 |
[50:33] | – Are you all right? – Yeah. | – 你还好吧? – 没事 |
[50:36] | – You want it out, Joe? – Yep. | – 想把那个拿走吗? – 是的 |
[50:39] | Good luck, partner. | 祝你好运 搭档 |
[50:40] | It’s all down to this. | 都是因为这个 |
[50:51] | Looks good. | 形势大好 |
[50:53] | Oh! | 哦! |
[50:57] | – My partner. – Oh, yes. | – 我的好搭档 – 那当然 |
[51:36] | Gerri! | 杰莉! |
[51:38] | – Tom! – Here she is. | – 汤姆! – 她来了! |
[51:39] | – Hello, Mary. – Sorry I’m so late. | – 嗨 玛丽 – 真抱歉我来晚了 |
[51:41] | What happened? | 怎么了? |
[51:42] | It’s taken me three hours to get here. | 我花了三个小时才到这儿 |
[51:44] | I left home at two. I had to ask a policeman | 两点我就出发了 可我迷路了 |
[51:46] | in the end, I got so lost. | 最后还是警察告诉我怎么走的 |
[51:48] | – You got lost? – Yeah, I’m really sorry. | – 你迷路了? – 是啊 真抱歉 |
[51:50] | – You’ve been here loads of times. – I know. | – 你都来好几次了 – 我知道 |
[51:52] | You know the way. | 你应该知道路啊 |
[51:53] | Yeah, but I came in my car, Gerri. | 没错 可我今天开车来的 |
[51:55] | – Oh, God! – What’s happened? | – 天呐! – 怎么了? |
[51:56] | Oh, I’m so stupid. Why do I always spoil everything? | 我真傻 怎么总是把事情搞糟呢 |
[51:59] | I wanted it to be a surprise. | 我本来是想给你们个惊喜的 |
[52:01] | You’ve bought a car? | 买车的事吗? |
[52:01] | – Yeah! – God help us. | – 对呀! – 上帝啊救救我们 |
[52:03] | I got it ever so cheap. I was really chuffed with myself | 超合算的 我相当满意了 |
[52:06] | because they wanted 700, but I offered 600, | 他们开价700 可我说我只出600 |
[52:09] | but we settled at 650. | 最后650卖我的 |
[52:10] | They were a nice couple of guys. I think they were brothers. | 他们俩真是好人 我猜是兄弟 |
[52:13] | – One of them had a gold tooth. – Did he? | – 其中一个镶了金牙 – 真的? |
[52:15] | Yeah. But, they wanted cash. | 嗯 他们想要现钱 |
[52:17] | So I had to go to the cash point on Wednesday | 没办法我又去提款机提钱 周三一趟 |
[52:19] | and Thursday and Friday. | 周四一趟 周五又一趟 |
[52:21] | So, I couldn’t collect it till after work on Friday. | 直到周五下班我才提完 |
[52:23] | But they rang on Friday morning | 可他们周五早上打来电话 |
[52:25] | to find out what time I was going to go round with the money. | 问我什么时候交钱 |
[52:28] | And had I sorted out the insurance? | 可这时候我想起来保险还没弄呢 |
[52:30] | Well, that hadn’t even crossed my mind! | 我居然给忘了! |
[52:31] | So, I spent the whole of my lunch break on Friday sorting that out | 所以整个周五的午休 我都在忙活那个 |
[52:35] | and it was really expensive because | 真是不小的一笔啊 |
[52:36] | I haven’t driven since 1984. | 因为1984年以后我就没开过 |
[52:38] | But I didn’t tell you on Thursday, Gerri, | 可我周四的时候没跟你说 |
[52:41] | because I knew I was coming here today | 因为我打算今天来 |
[52:42] | and I wanted to surprise you all. | 给你们所有人一个惊喜 |
[52:44] | It is a surprise. Shall I take that from you? | 的确挺惊喜的 把酒给我吧 |
[52:46] | – Yeah, thanks, Tom. – Thank you. | – 谢谢 汤姆 – 谢谢你 |
[52:47] | Oh, Tom, sorry. | 真对不起 |
[52:50] | – Can I have a little glass, please? – Sure? | – 能给我一小杯吗? – 你确定? |
[52:52] | You shouldn’t drive if you’re drinking. | 开车可不能喝酒啊 |
[52:54] | I know, Gerri, but you’re allowed a couple of glasses, aren’t you, Tanya? | 我知道 可谭雅怀孕也可以喝几杯呢 |
[52:57] | Small ones. | 很少量的 当然 |
[52:59] | Yeah, yeah. Is that all right, Tom? | 可以了吧 汤姆? |
[53:00] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[53:02] | – Hi, Gerri. – Hi. | – 嗨 杰莉 – 嗨 |
[53:04] | – I’m really sorry. – Oh, don’t be daft. | – 我真的很抱歉 – 别傻了 |
[53:06] | – Hi, Tanya. – Hello. | – 嗨 谭雅 – 嗨 |
[53:08] | Oh, we really miss you at work, don’t we, Gerri? | 你不在 我们真想你啊 是吧杰莉? |
[53:10] | – Sweetheart. – When are you back off maternity leave? | – 亲爱的 – 产假休到什么时候? |
[53:13] | – Give us a chance. – Oh, yeah. | – 让我歇歇吧 – 也是 |
[53:14] | – Hi, Joe. – Hi. | – 嗨 乔 – 嗨 |
[53:16] | – Oh, it’s really lovely to see you. – You too. | – 见到你真开心 – 我也是 |
[53:19] | – Hi, Ken. Are you all right? – Yeah. | – 嗨 肯 过的好吗? – 挺好的 |
[53:22] | – Come and sit down, Mary. – Have a seat, Mary. | – 过来坐啊 – 快坐吧 玛丽 |
[53:24] | – Is anyone sitting here? – No. | – 这儿有人吗? – 没有 |
[53:26] | – No. – Oh, this is lovely. Hiya, Jack. | – 没有 – 不错的位置 嗨 杰克 |
[53:29] | I thought you were going to miss me out, Mary. | 我以为你把我忘了呢 |
[53:31] | Oh, sorry. Where’s Janey? | 抱歉啦 珍妮呢? |
[53:34] | She’s a bit under the weather this afternoon. | 今天下午她不太舒服 |
[53:36] | Oh, sorry to hear that. Oh, I’m starving. | 真遗憾 我要饿死了 |
[53:38] | Oh, the baby! | 哦 孩子! |
[53:40] | Oh, yeah, the baby. | 对了 孩子 |
[53:41] | I’m sorry, Tanya. | 真不好意思 谭雅 |
[53:42] | – That’s all right. – Oh, hello, little Isaac. | – 没关系 – 你好 小伊萨克 |
[53:45] | Say hello. Don’t mind the funny lady. | 打个招呼吧 别介意这个搞笑的阿姨 |
[53:47] | Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t recognise him. | 真抱歉 没注意到他 |
[53:49] | Oh, he’s asleep. | 哦 他睡着呢 |
[53:50] | Oh, hasn’t he grown? He’s got ever so big. | 他长了是不是? 都这么大了 |
[53:52] | – They do that. – Here you are. | – 的确长了 – 给你 |
[53:54] | – Oh, thanks, Tom. – I’ll give him to you. | – 谢谢 – 你来抱他吧 |
[53:58] | – Where do you want him? – Oh, that’s better. | – 想抱到别处去吗? – 好多了 |
[54:02] | Are you OK? | 你还好吧? |
[54:03] | We’ve saved you some food, Mary. | 我们给你留菜了 |
[54:05] | I hope it’s still warm. | 应该还是热的吧 |
[54:06] | Oh, thanks, Gerri. That will be fine. | 谢了 那样的话太好了 |
[54:08] | I’ll do you some fresh, if you like. | 我可以再给你做点新的 |
[54:10] | Oh, no, don’t worry about me. | 不用了 别麻烦 |
[54:11] | – So you didn’t get arrested, Mary? – No, I didn’t, Joe. | – 这么说你没被扣下? – 没有 |
[54:14] | He was very kind to me, actually. | 实际上 他对我很好 |
[54:15] | What CC is your car? | 你的新车排量是多少? |
[54:19] | – What do you mean? – How big’s the engine? | – 什么意思? – 发动机有多大? |
[54:21] | Oh, I don’t know. | 不清楚 |
[54:25] | It’s about this big, I think. | 我想 有这么大吧 |
[54:31] | – What’s so funny? – Don’t be cruel. | – 哪里好笑了? – 你们别这么过分 |
[54:33] | He means, how powerful is it, Mary? How many cubic centimetres? | 他的意思是 马力有多大 多少立方米 |
[54:36] | – Oh. – You should know that. | – 哦 – 你应该了解啊 |
[54:38] | On the back there’s numbers, like 1.6 or 1.9. | 后面有数字 比如1.6或者1.9什么的 |
[54:40] | Oh, yeah, I know, yeah. Well, that’s boys’ stuff, | 我知道了 那是男人脑子里的东西 |
[54:43] | isn’t it? | 不是吗? |
[54:43] | – It’s not important. – No, Tanya. | – 没什么大不了的 – 是啊 |
[54:46] | I think I’m gonna have a cigarette before I eat this. | 吃饭前我想来根烟 |
[54:49] | I’ll get out your way. | 给你腾地方 |
[54:50] | Shall we take Isaac over there? | 我们把伊萨克抱到那边去吧 |
[54:52] | Oh, well, I thought you wouldn’t mind cos we’re outside. | 我以为你们不会介意呢 又不是在屋里 |
[54:55] | We don’t, Mary. You carry on. | 没事 玛丽 你抽吧 |
[54:56] | You’re all right. | 对 没关系 |
[54:57] | – You’re all right. – It’s OK. I fancy a swing. | – 抽吧 – 我喜欢荡秋千 |
[55:02] | Have one of these, Mary. | 来一根吗? |
[55:03] | It’s all right. I’ve got my own, thank you. | 谢了 用我自己的就行 |
[55:05] | – Here. – Oh… | – 给 – 哦… |
[55:09] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[55:12] | I’ll have a smoke with you. | 我陪你抽一根 |
[55:17] | Well, I don’t really smoke, normally. | 通常我不怎么抽烟 |
[55:19] | I just have the occasional one or two. | 只是偶尔的一两根 |
[55:29] | How are you doing? | 最近好吗? |
[55:32] | Yeah, I’m really well, thanks, Ken. | 挺好的 谢谢 |
[55:36] | Still on your own, are you? | 还是一个人? |
[55:37] | Yeah, I am and I like it like that, you know. | 嗯 自己过多好啊 |
[55:40] | You’re like me. | 你和我挺像 |
[55:51] | He’s good. | 多好的孩子 |
[55:53] | He’s great. | 棒极了 |
[55:55] | – He’s a hungry bugger. – Is he? | – 他很能吃 – 是吗? |
[55:57] | Just like his dad. | 和他爸爸一样 |
[55:59] | Is he a good dad? | 他爸是个好爸爸吗? |
[56:00] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[56:01] | Is he a nappy changer? | 换尿布的好男人? |
[56:03] | Ish. | 尿布使者 |
[56:05] | I expect you’re too capable. | 希望你能胜任 |
[56:08] | – Oh, I am. – Like Gerri was. | – 一定会 – 像杰莉那样 |
[56:10] | Like Gerri was what? | 什么叫”像杰莉一样”? |
[56:12] | Mind your own business. | 别多管闲事 |
[56:13] | We’re talking about you, not to you. | 我们在谈论你 可没和你谈话 |
[56:17] | Hey, thanks for popping round on Friday. Janey really appreciated it. | 谢谢你周五的拜访 珍妮很开心 |
[56:20] | – How is she? – Not good. | – 她怎样了? – 不是很好 |
[56:21] | No. | 不 |
[56:23] | It’s exhausting all the time, | 她总是觉得筋疲力尽 |
[56:25] | just getting up and down the stairs, knocks her out. | 上下楼都要了她的亲命了 |
[56:27] | I noticed. | 我注意到了 |
[56:29] | She could do with losing a few pounds, | 只要减减肥就好了 |
[56:31] | but she’s not getting any exercise, so… | 可她什么运动都不做 所以… |
[56:33] | – How are you doing? – Oh, I’m all right. | – 你还好吗? – 嗯 还行 |
[56:35] | We stay cheerful, you know? We don’t let things get us down. | 我们保持乐观 不让这些事击垮我们 |
[56:38] | That’s the spirit. | 这才对 |
[56:46] | No, it’s all right, Ken. I can pour my own wine, thank you very much. | 别管我 我自己倒就好 非常感谢你 |
[56:50] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[56:51] | Look at the food in this fridge. | 看看冰箱里的这些 |
[56:53] | I haven’t got anything in mine. | 我家里一样也没有 |
[56:55] | I’ll see you later, all right? | 过会儿再见啦 |
[56:59] | Here she comes. | 她来了 |
[57:00] | – Can I come in the middle? – Of course you can. | – 我能到中间来吗? – 当然可以 |
[57:03] | Never come between a mother and her son. | 永远别夹在妈妈和儿子中间 |
[57:06] | Oh, this is my second one, Gerri. | 这是我第二次哦 |
[57:08] | – Are you sure? – Yeah, and then that’s it. | – 真的? – 对呀 就是这样 |
[57:10] | This could be the making of you, Mary. | 这将是你成功的因素之一 |
[57:13] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[57:14] | I think so, Gerri. | 我也这么认为 |
[57:15] | I mean, just driving here today, I felt like a whole person. | 今天开车来这儿 我才感觉自己完整了 |
[57:19] | – Did you? – Yeah, a free spirit. | – 哦? – 一个自由的灵魂 |
[57:21] | I mean, even though the journey was a complete nightmare, | 虽然过程是个噩梦 |
[57:24] | from beginning to end – it was awful, people were getting so cross with me. | 从头到尾都糟透了 谁都和我不对付 |
[57:29] | It’s a lovely little car. | 挺可爱的小车 |
[57:31] | I want you to come out and see it later. | 一会儿我带你们去看看 |
[57:33] | I feel really good behind the wheel, really special. | 握着方向盘那感觉太棒了 很特别的感觉 |
[57:37] | You looked so lovely holding that baby. | 你抱着孩子的样子真好看 |
[57:39] | He’s delightful. | 他很招人喜欢 |
[57:40] | I expect you’re looking forward to being a grandmother. | 我想你很期待抱孙子吧 |
[57:43] | Hm, you should ask my son about that. | 这个你该问问我儿子 |
[57:45] | It’s got nothing to do with me. | 和我可没什么关系 |
[57:47] | He’s great, isn’t he? | 他是个好小伙子 |
[57:48] | You should come out and have a drink with us sometime, me and your mum. | 有时间出来和我们喝一杯吧 我们三个 |
[57:52] | Yeah? | 嗯? |
[57:53] | Yeah, why not? We often go, don’t we? | 为什么不啊 我们经常去喝点 对吧 |
[57:55] | Occasionally, yes. | 是的 |
[57:56] | – Yeah, I know you do. – It doesn’t even have to be your mum. | – 我知道 – 甚至不用叫上你妈 |
[57:59] | – It could be just us. – Just you and me? | – 就我们俩也行 – 我们俩? |
[58:01] | Yeah, well, we’ve known each other a while, haven’t we? We’re old friends. | 我们认识多久了啊 不是吗?老朋友了 |
[58:05] | Could you get me a refill, Joe? | 乔 帮我再倒一杯好吗? |
[58:07] | – Yes, Mummy. – Thank you. | – 好的 – 妈 谢了 |
[58:13] | – Are you all right? – Yeah. | – 你还好吧? – 好啊 |
[58:15] | – Can I get you a drink? – Got one somewhere. | – 想再喝点吗? – 已经喝一杯了 |
[58:21] | Oh, here comes Ken. | 肯来了 |
[58:25] | – Everything all right? – Yes. | – 一切都好吧? – 是的 |
[58:28] | – He’s a good lad. – Yes. | – 他是个好小伙儿 – 嗯 |
[58:34] | He could be quite good-looking, if he wanted to. | 如果他愿意打扮 可是相当帅呢 |
[58:37] | How’s it going? | 怎样了? |
[58:38] | He’s got a nice clean bum. | 小屁股又白白净净的了 |
[58:40] | He should lose a couple of stone, shouldn’t he? | 他该减减肥 不是吗? |
[58:43] | He was a good-looking man when he was young. | 年轻时候可是个帅哥 |
[58:46] | – Was he? – Mm. | – 他? – 嗯 |
[58:49] | He’s got a good heart. | 他心地很善良 |
[58:53] | Life’s not always kind, is it? | 可生活可没那么善心 是吧? |
[58:56] | No, it isn’t, Gerri. | 当然不 |
[59:10] | I don’t mind the grey hair. | 我不介意他头发是灰的 |
[59:14] | I think that can look quite distinguished on a man of his age, but… | 在这个年纪看起来挺特别 可是… |
[59:20] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[59:36] | I’ll give you a ring in the week. | 周一前我会给你打电话 |
[59:38] | We’ll have a proper game next time. | 下次玩点有趣的 |
[59:40] | – Ta-ta. – See you. | – 拜拜 – 再见 |
[59:49] | Hi, Joe. | 嗨 乔 |
[59:50] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[59:51] | – Have you come back to me? – I have. | – 你为我回来的吗? – 是的 |
[59:53] | – They all come back in the end. – Do they? | – 他们最后都会回来 – 是吗? |
[59:56] | – In my nightmares. – Oh, it’s as bad as that, is it? | – 在噩梦里 – 那还是不回来的好 |
[59:59] | Oh, let’s not open that can of worms. | 别提那档子事儿了 |
[1:00:01] | No, let’s leave that closed. | 哦 让它们先烂着吧 |
[1:00:03] | Not today, anyway. | 反正今天不谈 |
[1:00:06] | Oh, how are you, Joe? | 你好吗 乔? |
[1:00:08] | – Is life treating you kind? – Can’t complain. | – 生活对你好吗? – 没什么可抱怨的 |
[1:00:12] | – Really? – Yes. | – 真的? – 嗯 |
[1:00:14] | Nothing you want to share with me? | 没什么想倾诉的? |
[1:00:17] | No, I don’t think so. | 我想没有 |
[1:00:18] | Because you know that you can talk to me. | 你知道你可以和我说说 |
[1:00:21] | Any time you like. | 什么时候都可以 |
[1:00:24] | Well, I’ll come and find you if I need you. | 额 有必要的时候我会来找你 |
[1:00:26] | Yeah. Yeah. | 当然 |
[1:00:28] | I like to feel that I’m always there for you. | 我希望你知道 我一直守候着你 |
[1:00:32] | Thanks, Mary. | 谢谢你 |
[1:00:33] | How are you? | 你怎么样? |
[1:00:38] | Yeah, I’m all right. | 我很好 |
[1:00:39] | No, I’m great, actually. | 实际上好得不能再好了 |
[1:00:41] | – Well, you look well. – Do I? | – 你看起来就不错 – 是吗? |
[1:00:43] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:00:46] | I suddenly feel… | 我突然觉得… |
[1:00:47] | really liberated. | 不受拘束了 |
[1:00:49] | – Well, you’re a free spirit now. – I know. | – 你现在自由了 – 我知道 |
[1:00:51] | You’re your own woman. The world’s your oyster. | 你是个独立的女人 世界是属于你的 |
[1:00:55] | It’s so exciting, isn’t it? | 多令人振奋那! |
[1:00:56] | I feel like Thelma and Louise. | 就像《末路狂花》里的那两个女人 |
[1:01:00] | This little car is going to change my life. | 这辆小车将改变我的人生 |
[1:01:03] | Well, let’s hope so. | 我们一起祈祷吧 |
[1:01:05] | I do feel a bit guilty, though, but at the end of the day… | 我确实有点自责 不过开了一天后… |
[1:01:09] | …so what? | …怎么了? |
[1:01:11] | It’s my little present to me. | 它就像个给自己的小礼物了 |
[1:01:13] | – That’s fair enough. – Yeah. | – 这么想就对了 – 是啊 |
[1:01:15] | Because if I don’t treat myself, nobody else is going to, are they? | 如果我不善待自己的话 谁会呢? |
[1:01:19] | What are you going to call this car? | 给它取名字了吗? |
[1:01:22] | Ooh, I don’t know. Why? Do you give names to things? | 没有啊 为什么?你总给东西起名? |
[1:01:25] | – I’ve got names for everything. – Really? | – 每一件都有 – 真的? |
[1:01:27] | – Like what? – Well, my nose is called Roger. | – 比如? – 我的鼻子叫罗格 |
[1:01:30] | Oh, you mean… | 你是说… |
[1:01:32] | …your body parts! | …你身体的某部分! |
[1:01:33] | Yeah, I’m not going to introduce you to everyone though. | 对呀 我想向你介绍每一部分 |
[1:01:38] | What, not even little Percy? | 有没有帕西呢? |
[1:01:40] | You’ve already met my knee, then? | 你已经和我的膝盖打过招呼了 是吧? |
[1:01:43] | Oh, Joe, we must go out and have a drink one night. | 哦 乔 我们一定要找个晚上喝一杯 |
[1:01:46] | – We have such a laugh. – Yeah, we do. | – 我们在一起多开心 – 是啊 |
[1:01:48] | You see, the thing about you and me is that we’ve always just sort of clicked. | 你看 你和我之间 我们总是一见如故 |
[1:01:52] | – Haven’t we? – Yeah. | – 不是吗? – 是的 |
[1:01:53] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:01:57] | It’s nice when that happens, isn’t it? | 我们都很喜欢这种感觉 是不是? |
[1:02:05] | Do you remember when you showed me your little box? | 还记得你给我看你的小盒子吗? |
[1:02:07] | Yes. | 记得 |
[1:02:09] | You wouldn’t tell me what was in it. | 你就是不愿意告诉我里面是什么 |
[1:02:11] | I’m still not going to tell you. | 我现在也不想告诉你 |
[1:02:13] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:02:14] | What? | 什么? |
[1:02:16] | I’m not telling you. | 我不告诉你 |
[1:02:19] | I still think about that. | 我一直想着这事呢 |
[1:02:21] | We had a barbeque that day, didn’t we? | 那天我们吃的是烧烤 |
[1:02:24] | Oh! It still smells the same. | 哦! 还是这个味儿 |
[1:02:26] | It’s messy, isn’t it? | 乱极了吧? |
[1:02:29] | Your kids will enjoy playing in here, won’t they? | 你们小孩子就是喜欢在这种地方玩 |
[1:02:33] | One day. | 有那么一天 |
[1:02:38] | So, is there anyone special in your life at the moment, Joe? | 现在你生命中有什么特别的人出现吗? |
[1:02:41] | – No. – Oh, good. | – 没有 – 挺好 |
[1:02:44] | No, what I mean is, that’s all right. | 我的意思是 没什么不好 |
[1:02:46] | You’re comfortable with that. | 也没什么可烦的 |
[1:02:47] | – Aren’t you? – Am I? | – 是吧? – 是吗? |
[1:02:48] | Well, the thing is, Joe, you’re young. You still want to be out there, don’t you? | 问题是 你还年轻 还想出去闯荡呢 |
[1:02:52] | What, sowing my wild oats? | 过放荡不羁的日子? |
[1:02:53] | Well, yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:02:55] | Live life while you can. Don’t think about tomorrow. | 好好享受生活 不要太担忧未来 |
[1:02:58] | Well, a lot of my friends are getting married. | 很多朋友都结婚了 |
[1:03:01] | Oh, but, yeah, you wanna be careful, Joe, because… | 哦 对 你想要成功 因为… |
[1:03:06] | See, I got married in my 20s and, | 我二十出头就结婚了 |
[1:03:08] | granted he was the wrong man, | 然后意识到他是错的人 |
[1:03:10] | but I was too young. | 可我当时太年轻了 |
[1:03:12] | I couldn’t handle it. | 我不能把握好 |
[1:03:14] | But when I was in my 30s, I met the right man | 可我三十岁时 我遇见了对的人 |
[1:03:17] | and I was mature. | 而且我也成熟了 |
[1:03:19] | I was ready for it. | 一切都准备好了 |
[1:03:24] | I mean, he left me, but… | 他最后离开了我 可是… |
[1:03:28] | What can you do? | 我又能怎么样? |
[1:03:32] | It’s never too late, Mary. | 玛丽 现在也还来得及 |
[1:03:35] | Oh, no, I know it isn’t, Joe, | 不 我知道来不及了 |
[1:03:37] | and, you know me, I’m very much | 你了解我的 我就是那种 |
[1:03:39] | a glass-half-full kind of girl. | 喜欢不懂装懂的女人 |
[1:03:41] | But it’s tricky, because… | 不过那是很复杂的 因为… |
[1:03:44] | I meet these older men, who want somebody younger, | 我遇见过一些老男人 想找岁数小点的 |
[1:03:48] | and that’s great, because I fit the bill. | 这蛮好 因为我符合要求 |
[1:03:51] | But… | 可… |
[1:03:52] | when they find out that… | 当他们发现… |
[1:03:56] | …you know, I’m not as young as they thought… | …我没有他们想象的年轻… |
[1:03:58] | they don’t want to know. | 他们不想知道 |
[1:04:02] | My looks work against me. | 我的脸蛋和我唱反调 |
[1:04:08] | How old do you think I look, Joe? | 你觉得我多大了? |
[1:04:14] | 60? 60? | |
[1:04:17] | 70? 70? | |
[1:04:18] | Oh, stop it. | 别猜了 |
[1:04:29] | Oh, it’s all right. You don’t have to answer that. | 没关系 你不必回答 |
[1:04:32] | So, when are we going to have this drink? | 我们什么时候去喝酒? |
[1:04:34] | I don’t know. I’ll have to check my diary. | 不知道 我得看下日程 |
[1:04:36] | Yeah. You do that. Give me a call. | 对 是应该看看 看完给我打电话 |
[1:04:38] | I will. | 我会的 |
[1:04:38] | – Promise. – I promise. | – 说定了 – 说定了 |
[1:04:49] | Mate, got to get your train. | 伙计 该去赶火车了 |
[1:04:51] | We should get cracking. I’ll run you to the station. | 收拾收拾 我们去车站 |
[1:04:53] | You’ve had too much to drink, Tom. | 你喝太多了 |
[1:04:54] | – No, I haven’t. – I think you have. | – 我没有 – 我觉得你喝多了 |
[1:04:56] | – I’m all right. – We can get him a mini cab. | – 我没事啊 – 给他叫个迷你出租吧 |
[1:04:58] | No, I’ll be fine on the tube. | 我坐地铁没问题 |
[1:05:00] | You don’t want to get a mini cab. | 迷你地铁不是什么好主意 |
[1:05:01] | It might take 20 minutes to turn up. We haven’t got time. | 20分钟才来一辆车 我们来不及了 |
[1:05:04] | I had a really bad experience in a mini cab once. | 我曾经坐过迷你出租 糟透了 |
[1:05:06] | – You’re going on the tube, aren’t you? – Of course. | – 你要去地铁吗? – 当然 |
[1:05:09] | Don’t go on the tube, Joe. I can give you a lift. | 别坐地铁了 我捎你去 |
[1:05:11] | You can be my navigator. | 你可以做我的导航员 |
[1:05:12] | – Ooh, that sounds fun. – Yeah. | – 听起来不错 – 是啊 |
[1:05:14] | You can give them both a lift. All in the same direction. | 你可以载他们两个 都是一个方向的 |
[1:05:16] | I’m not sure Mary can manage that. | 我觉得玛丽可能吃不消 |
[1:05:18] | Of course I can. Oh, I don’t know. | 我能行 哦 不一定 |
[1:05:20] | – I’ll be fine on the tube, honest. – It’s a great idea. | – 我坐地铁没事的 – 好主意 |
[1:05:22] | I don’t know how to get to King’s Cross. | 我不知道怎么去国王十字路口 |
[1:05:24] | I do. We can all go together. | 我知道 我们一起走 |
[1:05:25] | – Great. Is that all right with you, Mary? – Yeah, of course it is. | – 好啊 你觉得呢? – 没问题 |
[1:05:28] | It’ll be good practice for me. | 是个锻炼的好机会 |
[1:05:30] | I’m going to run upstairs before we go on the journey. | 走前我先去下洗手间 |
[1:05:33] | I’m not sure about this. | 这能行吗? |
[1:05:34] | It’ll be fine. | 你放心好了 |
[1:05:36] | Better pack my bag. | 我去收拾下 |
[1:05:37] | – Tom. – What? | – 汤姆 – 怎么了? |
[1:05:41] | What do you think, Tom? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[1:05:43] | Well, it’s small and red. It’s what you asked for. | 这么小巧还是红色 不正是你想要的吗? |
[1:05:45] | – What have you done, Mary? – It’s great, isn’t it? | – 干的漂亮啊 – 它很棒是吧? |
[1:05:48] | – Nice bit of parking, Mary. – Oh. | – 占的停车位也小 – 嗯 |
[1:05:51] | Oh, God, I didn’t lock it. | 天呐 我居然没锁 |
[1:05:53] | It’s a good job it didn’t get pinched, isn’t it? | 没被偷真是万幸 |
[1:05:57] | By the way, Mary, it’s a 1.4. | 那个 这车是1.4升的 |
[1:05:59] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:06:01] | You must come again. Now you don’t know the way. | 你必须再来一次 还不知道路呢 |
[1:06:09] | Oi, where are you going? | 你上哪去? |
[1:06:25] | Oh, God, Joe. | 天那 乔 |
[1:06:26] | – What am I going to do without you? – You’ll be fine. | – 没有你我可怎么办? – 别担心 |
[1:06:29] | Can’t you stay just till we get to King’s Cross? | 你能不能一直陪我们到国王十字? |
[1:06:31] | We’ll be all right, Mary. | 不会有事的 |
[1:06:33] | Ken! You don’t even know London. | 肯! 你都不知道伦敦 |
[1:06:35] | It’ll be signposted. | 会有路标 |
[1:06:36] | It’s so lovely having you next to me, Joe, telling me where to go and what to do. | 你在我旁边真好 指导我怎么走 |
[1:06:40] | It’s been a pleasure, Mary. | 很高兴能帮上你 |
[1:06:41] | Oh, please, I’ll take you anywhere you want. I’ll take you home. | 你想去哪儿都行 我可以带你回家 |
[1:06:45] | Just here will do. | 就到这儿 |
[1:06:46] | Oh, God. All right. Let me pull in. | 好吧 让我停进去 |
[1:06:55] | Oh, bye, then. But lovely to see you. | 再见了 今天很开心 |
[1:06:58] | – Don’t forget to give me a ring. – No, I won’t. | – 别忘了给我打电话 – 记住了 |
[1:07:00] | – Bye, Joe. – Yeah, take care. | – 再见 乔 – 再见 小心点 |
[1:07:01] | – See you soon. – Look after yourself. | – 再见 – 照顾好自己 |
[1:07:03] | – Oh, Joe, where do I go? – Straight ahead. | – 我下一步该怎么走? – 直走 |
[1:07:05] | – Left round the one-way system. – Yeah. OK. | – 在单行道那儿左转 – 好的 |
[1:07:07] | – Bye, then. Bye. – Yeah. | – 拜拜 – 好 |
[1:07:09] | – I’ll get in the front now. – Oh, no, Ken. | – 我可以到前面去了 – 不 肯 |
[1:07:11] | We haven’t got time for this. | 我们没时间了 |
[1:07:13] | Oh, for God’s sake. | 看在上帝的份上 |
[1:07:18] | Oh! No need to slam the door. | 哦! 不用那么摔门吧 |
[1:07:31] | – You better hurry up. – Yeah, I’ll run. | – 你最好快点 – 我跑去 |
[1:07:33] | Yeah, I’ll see you soon, then. | 那么再见了 |
[1:07:34] | – Goodbye, Mary. – Bye. | – 再见 玛丽 – 再见 |
[1:07:36] | Bye, Ken. | 再见 肯 |
[1:07:37] | I like you, Mary. Can I phone you? | 我喜欢你 可以给你打电话吗? |
[1:07:40] | No, Ken. No. | 不 肯 |
[1:07:40] | – I could come down and see you. – Take your hand off of me, please, Ken! | – 我能下来看你 – 把你的手拿开! |
[1:07:44] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:07:45] | I’m going to have to be honest with you. | 我和你实话说了吧 |
[1:07:47] | I just don’t have those kind of feelings for you, Ken. I’m really sorry. | 我对你没感觉 肯 真的很抱歉 |
[1:07:50] | Right. | 知道了 |
[1:07:54] | Oh! | 哦! |
[1:07:55] | Sorry, I got carried away. I didn’t mean to. | 对不起 我得把它拽过来 不是有意的 |
[1:07:57] | It’s all right. Hurry up. Your train is going in a minute. | 没关系 快去吧 火车马上要开了 |
[1:08:00] | – Thanks for the lift. – Yeah, all right. Bye. | – 谢谢你载我来 – 别客气 再见 |
[1:08:04] | God Almighty! | 全能的主啊! |
[1:09:25] | – I’ll put the kettle on. – The sooner the better. | – 我把水烧上 – 越快越好 |
[1:09:30] | – Ohh! – Ohh! | – 哦! – 哦! |
[1:09:31] | What are you doing here, you daft bugger? | 你在这儿做什么 小笨蛋? |
[1:09:34] | I’ve come to surprise you. | 我来给你们惊喜啊 |
[1:09:35] | Joe! | 乔! |
[1:09:37] | – You certainly did that. – It’s lovely to see you. | – 确实吓了我们一跳 – 见到你真好 |
[1:09:39] | Ohh! | 哦! |
[1:09:40] | Hello! | 你好! |
[1:09:41] | Sorry. He made me hide behind the door. | 对不起 他让我藏在门后的 |
[1:09:43] | You frightened the life out of me. | 我的魂儿都让你吓没了 |
[1:09:45] | So, who’s this, then? | 那这是谁呢? |
[1:09:46] | – Mum, Dad, this is Katie. – Hello. | – 爸 妈 这是凯蒂 – 你好 |
[1:09:48] | This is Tom and Gerri. | 这是汤姆和杰莉 |
[1:09:49] | Tom and Gerri? That’s brilliant! | 汤姆和杰莉? 妙极了! |
[1:09:51] | Yeah, well… | 是啊… |
[1:09:53] | We’ve learnt to live with it over the years. | 这么多年我们一直是这个组合 |
[1:09:55] | – So, what’s your name again? – Katie. | – 你叫什么来着? – 凯蒂 |
[1:09:57] | Katie. | 凯蒂 |
[1:09:58] | – So have you been at the allotment? – Yes. | – 你们去农田了? – 嗯 |
[1:10:00] | Gathering the last of the season’s harvest. | 把这季的作物再收一收 |
[1:10:03] | We’ve brought back some lovely tomatoes. | 我们摘了几个西红柿 很可爱的 |
[1:10:05] | – Yeah. – Sounds gorgeous. | – 嗯 – 听起来不错 |
[1:10:08] | We were going to have a sandwich. | 我们本想吃三明治的 |
[1:10:10] | Are you both hungry? | 你们俩饿了吗? |
[1:10:11] | – I’m starving. – She’s starving. | – 要饿死了 – 她要饿死了 |
[1:10:13] | I’ll just go and change. | 我去换件衣服 |
[1:10:14] | Let me get out of this filthy clobber. | 把这身鞋匠袍子换下来 |
[1:10:16] | – You go on through, Joe. – All right. | – 过来吧 – 乔 好的 |
[1:10:21] | This is a lovely big kitchen, isn’t it? | 这厨房真漂亮 |
[1:10:23] | – It’s gigantic. – Shut up! | – 硕大版的 – 闭嘴! |
[1:10:25] | – Thank you for the flowers, Katie. – Glad you like them. | – 谢谢你的花 – 你们喜欢就好 |
[1:10:28] | – They’re lovely. – They’re all right. | – 很漂亮 – 就是一般的花 |
[1:10:30] | – Sit yourself down. – Thank you. | – 都坐吧 – 谢谢 |
[1:10:32] | So how did you two meet? | 你们俩怎么认识的? |
[1:10:34] | Our eyes met across a crowded bar. | 在酒吧里的眼神交汇 |
[1:10:36] | We’d both been stood up by our dates. | 我们都被约会对象放鸽子了 |
[1:10:38] | – Ah, the bonding of the jilted. – Something like that. | – 同病相怜那 – 差不多 |
[1:10:41] | – Pretty much. – When was this? | – 就是这么回事 – 什么时候? |
[1:10:42] | – Oh, about three months ago, wasn’t it? – Yeah. | – 三个月前吧 是不? – 对 |
[1:10:45] | – You never told us. – Master of discretion. | – 从来没听你说 – 运筹帷幄啊 |
[1:10:47] | I didn’t know he had it in him. | 我都不知道他有这个想法了 |
[1:10:49] | My enigmatic son. | 我谜一般的儿子 |
[1:10:50] | – You know me. – Must be important. | – 你了解我的 – 这个很重要 |
[1:10:52] | – Oh, he’s a dark horse. – I wanted to keep you a secret. | – 他是匹黑马 – 我可没想让你知道 |
[1:10:55] | You son’s a weirdo! | 你儿子是个怪人 |
[1:10:57] | Yes, we know. He’s having treatment. | 我们知道 一直优待他来着 |
[1:10:59] | Help yourself. Tuck in. | 别客气 随便吃 |
[1:11:00] | – Whatever you want. – Thank you. | – 想吃什么吃什么 – 谢谢 |
[1:11:02] | My mum and dad know all about you. | 我爸和我妈可了解你了 |
[1:11:04] | Do they now? | 现在也是吗? |
[1:11:05] | – And what do they do, Katie? – Oh, my dad’s a postman | – 他们做什么的? – 我爸爸是邮递员 |
[1:11:08] | and my mum works on a make-up counter. | 我妈妈是化妆品专柜的 |
[1:11:09] | – Oh, yeah? – What do you work at? | – 是吗? – 你现在做什么呢? |
[1:11:11] | I’m an occupational therapist. | 我是个职业治疗师 |
[1:11:13] | Oh, are you? Where do you work? | 是吗? 在哪上班? |
[1:11:14] | At the Royal Free. | 伦敦大学附属医学院 |
[1:11:15] | That’s a great hospital. | 不错的地方啊 |
[1:11:16] | – It’s pretty good. – Do you specialise? | – 相当好了 – 具体哪个部门? |
[1:11:19] | Yeah. Care of the elderly and stroke rehab. | 老年人护理和中风康复 |
[1:11:21] | What’s straight rehab? | 直人康复是什么? |
[1:11:23] | Stroke rehab. | 是中风康复 |
[1:11:25] | You are going deaf. | 你快聋掉了 |
[1:11:27] | Oh, stroke rehab. I thought you said straight rehab. | 哦 中风康复 我以为你说的是直人康复 |
[1:11:30] | What’s straight rehab? | 直人康复是什么? |
[1:11:31] | What, for gay men who are on the turn? | 帮同志转直的? |
[1:11:34] | Or straight men, who tried being gay, | 还是给曾经试图做同志的直人 |
[1:11:36] | but want to be rehabilitated into straight. | 进行康复治疗帮他们转回去? |
[1:11:39] | Joe tells me you’re a counsellor, Gerri. | 乔说你是个心里顾问 |
[1:11:41] | Yes, I am, for my sins. | 对 为了赎我的罪 |
[1:11:43] | But it’s great to come home | 可回到家来 |
[1:11:44] | and feel like you’ve made a contribution, isn’t it? | 满载着成就感还是挺棒的不是吗? |
[1:11:47] | Yes, of course. | 那当然 |
[1:11:48] | Or not, as the case may be. | 有时也不尽然 取决于案子 |
[1:11:50] | Oh, I’m sure you contribute. | 我相信你做出了贡献 |
[1:11:52] | Not me. I’m talking about you lot in the caring professions. | 不是我哦 我说的是你做的治疗工作 |
[1:11:55] | – I don’t care. – We know. | – 于我可没什么 – 不用你说 |
[1:11:56] | Hard man. | 顽固的人 |
[1:11:59] | And I know you’re a geologist, Tom, but what exactly do you do? | 我知道你是个地理学家 具体是干什么的? |
[1:12:02] | Ah, yes. Strictly speaking, I’m actually an engineering geologist. | 严格意义上讲 我是建筑地理学家 |
[1:12:06] | – Which means that I… – He digs holes. | – 就是说我… – 他挖洞 |
[1:12:08] | – I investigate… – You dig holes. | – 我研究… – 你挖洞 |
[1:12:10] | All right. I dig holes. | 好吧 我是挖洞的 |
[1:12:12] | That’s just calling a spade a spade, isn’t it? | 就是传说中的铁锹吗? |
[1:12:14] | I always call it a shovel. | 我一直叫它铲子 |
[1:12:16] | You call it a fork. | 我允许你叫它叉子 |
[1:12:17] | I call it a trailer-mounted-tripod cable-percussive boring unit. | 我叫它三级配砼输送泵冲击钻无聊机组 |
[1:12:22] | And that’s why I love him. | 就因为这个我特喜欢他 |
[1:12:24] | No, I investigate the ground beneath our feet | 我研究我们脚下的土地 |
[1:12:26] | to test the feasibility of various engineering and building projects. | 为各种工程和建筑项目检测可行性 |
[1:12:30] | It sounds amazing. What are you working on at the moment? | 听起来相当有趣 现在做什么呢? |
[1:12:32] | Ah, yes. Well, right now, the main project is | 现在啊 最主要的项目就是 |
[1:12:35] | an eight-metre-diameter tunnel, | 一个直径八米的隧道 |
[1:12:36] | which is going to alleviate the pressure on London’s Victorian sewage system. | 它是为了减轻伦敦下水道系统的压力而建 |
[1:12:40] | Blimey. | 啊呀 |
[1:12:41] | Eight metres? That’s big. | 八米? 好大啊 |
[1:12:43] | Oh, yeah. And it’ll follow the path of the Thames for 20 miles, | 是啊 沿着泰晤士河20米 |
[1:12:48] | up to 80 metres underground. | 上至地面能有80米 |
[1:12:49] | And that’s just for this household. | 这还仅仅是给住户建的 |
[1:12:52] | So, it’s quite a big number. | 是个大工程 |
[1:12:54] | I’m not doing it on my own. There’s a few of us. | 不是我自己做 有好几个人 |
[1:12:56] | – It won’t be finished till after I’m dead. – Oh, no. | – 不然我归西了也完不成 – 哦 不 |
[1:12:59] | You’d better get a move on. | 那你可得抓紧了 |
[1:13:05] | Help yourself. Is there anything you want? | 多吃点 想再来点什么吗? |
[1:13:07] | Some ham? | 火腿? |
[1:13:07] | Oh, no, thanks. I’m a veggie, actually. | 不了 谢谢 我是素食者 |
[1:13:09] | – Are you? – Mm. | – 是吗? – 嗯 |
[1:13:11] | This cheese is gorgeous, though. Thank you. | 不过奶酪很美味 谢谢 |
[1:13:13] | – Help yourself. – Thank you. | – 随便吃 – 谢谢 |
[1:13:15] | – What have you got planned later? – Ah, yes. | – 之后有什么打算? – 嗯 |
[1:13:17] | – We’re having a visitation. – Sounds ominous. | – 有人要造访 – 听起来不吉利啊 |
[1:13:19] | – Mary’s coming for tea. – Oh, I was right. | – 玛丽要来喝茶 – 果然 |
[1:13:22] | – Who’s Mary? – She’s a friend from work. | – 谁是玛丽? – 一个要好的同事 |
[1:13:24] | – Oh, right. – Yes, she’s… Yes. | – 这样哦 – 嗯 她是… |
[1:13:28] | She’s something else. | 有点特别 |
[1:13:29] | I won’t ask. | 当我没问 |
[1:13:35] | – Ta-da! – Oh, Joe! | – 你好啊! – 哦 乔! |
[1:13:37] | How lovely to see you. | 见到你真开心 |
[1:13:39] | This is a surprise. How are you? | 给你个惊喜 最近好吗? |
[1:13:41] | – I’m good. – Oh, you look great. | – 我很好 – 看起来不错 |
[1:13:43] | – So do you. – Oh, thank you. | – 你也是 – 谢谢 |
[1:13:47] | Hello, Mary. | 你好 玛丽 |
[1:13:48] | I’m Tom. I’m his father. I live here. | 我是他爸爸汤姆 我也住在这儿 |
[1:13:50] | Oh, Tom. | 哦 汤姆 |
[1:13:53] | My two favourite men. | 我最喜欢的两个男人 |
[1:13:55] | In you go. | 进来吧 |
[1:13:56] | You never rang me. | 你怎么一直没给我打电话? |
[1:13:58] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:13:58] | Whatever happened to that drink | 要是我们去喝一杯的话 |
[1:14:00] | we were gonna have? | 说不定有什么事发生呢 |
[1:14:01] | I’ve got a surprise for you. | 我给你准备了个惊喜 |
[1:14:03] | Oh, Joe, you shouldn’t have. | 你可不该这样哦 |
[1:14:04] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:14:05] | Katie, this is Mary. Mary, this is Katie. | 凯蒂 这是玛丽 玛丽 这是凯蒂 |
[1:14:07] | – Hello, Mary. It’s nice to meet you. – Oh, hi. | – 你好玛丽 很高兴见到你 – 嗨 |
[1:14:09] | This is Joe’s girlfriend. | 她是乔的女朋友 |
[1:14:10] | I like your jacket. | 你的夹克衫真好看 |
[1:14:11] | Your mum gave me a pot of basil. Smell that. | 你妈妈给了我一壶九层塔 闻闻看 |
[1:14:13] | – She’s going to make him some pesto. – Lovely. | – 她想做点香蒜酱 – 太好了 |
[1:14:15] | – Shall I take your jacket, Mary? – Yeah, thanks, Tom. | – 帮你拿外套吧 – 谢了 汤姆 |
[1:14:18] | – How are you, Mary? – Yeah, I’m really good, thanks, yeah. | – 近来好吗? – 挺好的 谢谢 |
[1:14:21] | – How was your journey? – It was all right. | – 来的时候还顺利吧? – 还成 |
[1:14:25] | – Oh, no, it wasn’t actually. – Didn’t get lost again, did you? | – 实际上不怎么样 – 没再迷路吧? |
[1:14:28] | Oh, no, the journey was all right. It’s the car. | 这一路没什么 是那辆车 |
[1:14:31] | – Is it OK? – What happened? | – 车怎么了? – 出什么事了? |
[1:14:33] | – It wouldn’t start. – Oh, no. | – 发动不了了 – 哦 不 |
[1:14:35] | Yeah, it’s a nightmare. I had to come on the tube. | 简直是噩梦 所以我坐地铁来的 |
[1:14:38] | And it got broken into last night. | 昨晚彻底报废 |
[1:14:40] | – Oh, sorry to hear that. – Oh, no. | – 真替你难过 – 没事 |
[1:14:42] | Yeah, I did my big weekly supermarket shop yesterday, | 昨天不是周末吗 我去超市大扫荡了 |
[1:14:45] | which is great, I couldn’t do that before I had the car. | 超爽 没有车是绝对办不到的 |
[1:14:48] | I went nice and early, so it wouldn’t be dark when I got back. | 来这儿很顺利而且到得早 回去就不会太晚 |
[1:14:51] | I brought three bags in, | 带的三个袋子都不够 |
[1:14:53] | but I must have left the fourth one on the front seat. | 第四个袋子肯定是落在副驾驶座位上了 |
[1:14:55] | I got in. I thought, that’s great, that’s done, | 进屋后我就想 太棒了 终于都完事了 |
[1:14:58] | I can chill out now and have a nice little glass of wine. | 现在我能冷静下来喝一小杯酒了 |
[1:15:01] | I had a really nice evening, actually. | 实际上昨晚我过的很愉快 |
[1:15:03] | Er… | 额… |
[1:15:04] | But then, this morning, I’m in the bathroom, I’m sitting on… | 可第二天早上 我在浴室里坐着… |
[1:15:07] | Cos it’s the toilet roll that I’ve left in the car. | 发现我落在车里的是手纸卷 |
[1:15:10] | So, I rush out and my window’s been smashed. | 于是我冲了出去 看到车窗户全碎了 |
[1:15:13] | There’s glass everywhere | 到处都是玻璃 |
[1:15:15] | and all my toilet rolls have been stolen. | 所有的手纸卷都被偷了 |
[1:15:17] | – It’s probably kids. – I think you’re right. | – 很可能是小孩子 – 有道理 |
[1:15:19] | Are you insured, Mary? | 你上保险了吗? |
[1:15:22] | – Yeah, of course I’m insured. – Well, that’s something, isn’t it? | – 当然上了 – 这个相当重要了 |
[1:15:25] | You can’t drive a car without insurance. It’s illegal. | 没有保险可不能开车 那是违法的 |
[1:15:27] | I know. At least you’ll be able to claim for your window. | 我知道 至少你的窗户可以索求赔偿 |
[1:15:30] | I know. | 是啊 |
[1:15:31] | Anyway, I’m… I’m sick of it. | 不管怎么说 我觉得… 我烦透了 |
[1:15:34] | I just left it. It’s just a car. What does it matter? | 不就是辆车嘛 有什么大不了的 |
[1:15:36] | Go on. Sit yourself down, Mary. | 坐下再说 |
[1:15:37] | Put the kettle on, Tom. | 把水烧上 汤姆 |
[1:15:39] | Yeah, yeah. Good idea. | 嗯嗯 好主意 |
[1:15:42] | It’s given me a lot of stress, Tom. | 我被它搞得压力很大 |
[1:15:44] | This car’s been a catalogue of disaster, hasn’t it? | 这辆车已经引起一连串麻烦了 不是吗? |
[1:15:47] | I know. | 是啊 |
[1:15:48] | Cut your losses, Mary. Get rid of it. | 赶紧摆脱它吧 以免有更多的损失 |
[1:15:50] | But I’ve spent so much on it, Tom. | 可我已经投进去那么多了 |
[1:15:51] | I can’t just sell it now. | 我无法就这么卖掉它 |
[1:15:53] | But if you keep it, it’s only going to get worse. | 继续留着它只会更糟 |
[1:15:55] | – Well, you know what I think, Mary. – Yeah, yeah. | – 你知道我什么意思吧 – 嗯 知道 |
[1:15:58] | I’m fed up with it, to be honest, Tom. | 说实话 我已经受够了 |
[1:16:00] | I’ve had three punctures. | 轮胎上都有三个洞了 |
[1:16:02] | – Three punctures? – Yeah. | – 三个洞? – 嗯 |
[1:16:04] | My exhaust has fallen off. I had to get a new one. | 排气管坏了 我得买个新的 |
[1:16:06] | My carburettor went. | 化油器也… |
[1:16:07] | You can’t take it back to the guys you got it from? | 不能把它给卖你的人吗? |
[1:16:09] | No. They’d guarantee the labour for three months, but not the parts. Bastards. | 他们只保修三个月 不管部件 该死的 |
[1:16:13] | Other way round, isn’t it? | 反过来说不是吗? |
[1:16:14] | Parts for three months, not labour. | 管三个月的零部件 不包括维修 |
[1:16:16] | No. | 不可以 |
[1:16:18] | Oh, yeah, that’s right. | 哦不 你是对的 |
[1:16:20] | Oh, I don’t know. Anyway… my windscreen wiper got ripped off. | 我糊涂了 反正…雨刷被偷了 |
[1:16:23] | I got three points for speeding, at £60 each. | 因为超速被扣了三分 每次还罚款60英镑 |
[1:16:26] | So, I’ve got nine points on my driving licence. | 也就是说 现在我的驾照上被扣9分了 |
[1:16:28] | – Haven’t I, Gerri? – Yes. | – 没错吧 杰莉? – 没错 |
[1:16:30] | It keeps making funny noises. | 这个车啊一直发着搞笑的声音 |
[1:16:31] | I got towed away and I wasn’t even parked on a double-yellow line. | 我都没停在双黄线上 就被拖走了 |
[1:16:35] | I’ve got seven parking tickets… no, nine parking tickets. | 有7张罚单了… 不 是九张 |
[1:16:38] | And then… | 之后… |
[1:16:40] | I broke down on the motorway on the way to Brighton | 去布赖顿的高速上还抛锚了 |
[1:16:43] | and I got towed to Crawley, | 于是我被拖到了克拉雷镇 |
[1:16:45] | which is the last place I want to go, | 那儿是我最不想去的地方 |
[1:16:46] | because I grew up there and I hate it. | 我从小在那儿长大 烦死了 |
[1:16:48] | So, I had to get the train home and then the train back to Crawley the next day | 我不得不搭火车回家 第二天来了一辆 |
[1:16:52] | and the guy kept trying to touch me up. | 有个人一直摸我 |
[1:16:54] | It cost me nearly £500 and I never even got my weekend in Brighton. | 花了我近500磅也没能在布赖顿过上周末 |
[1:16:57] | That was supposed to be my summer holiday. | 那可是我的暑假啊 |
[1:16:59] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[1:17:00] | – It’s not fair, is it? – No. | – 真不公平 是不是? – 确实 |
[1:17:02] | – Well, never mind. – Come and sit down, Mary. Relax. | – 别想了 – 过来坐吧 |
[1:17:05] | – Yeah, thanks, Joe. – At least you’re here now, eh? | – 嗯 谢了 – 至少你现在在这里 |
[1:17:09] | – What did you say your name was? – Katie. | – 你叫什么来着? – 凯蒂 |
[1:17:12] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:17:14] | Well, the good news is, Mary, I’ve made a cake in your honour. | 好消息是我们给你做了个蛋糕 |
[1:17:17] | Oh, thanks, Gerri. | 多谢了 杰莉 |
[1:17:19] | She knew you were coming, so she baked a cake! | 知道你要来 她特意烤的蛋糕 |
[1:17:21] | – Don’t forget to give me the recipe. – No, I won’t forget, Katie. | – 别忘了给我份菜谱 – 绝对不会忘 |
[1:17:24] | – You haven’t tasted it yet. – Oh, it smells nice. | – 你还没尝呢 – 闻起来就不错 |
[1:17:27] | Yeah, I wouldn’t mind having the recipe for that. I’ve never baked a cake before. | 我不介意也拿份菜谱 还从没烤过蛋糕呢 |
[1:17:31] | – Of course you can. – You can have a cake-off! | – 没问题 – 你可以切一块儿带走 |
[1:17:33] | Oh, I don’t think so. I tried making a fruit cake once. | 希望很渺茫啊 我曾经试着做一个水果蛋糕 |
[1:17:36] | Everything sank to the bottom. It was horrible. | 所有的东西都沉底了 那叫一个恐怖 |
[1:17:38] | You’re a good cook. | 你做饭很好吃 |
[1:17:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:17:44] | – What about these two, then, Mary? – Such a surprise. | – 这一对怎么样? – 真是个惊喜啊 |
[1:17:47] | This monster hid this young lady | 这个坏蛋居然把这位年轻的小姐 |
[1:17:49] | behind the sitting-room door. | 藏在起居室门后 |
[1:17:51] | Made me jump. | 我都跳起来了 |
[1:17:52] | I nearly gave poor Tom a heart attack. | 可怜的汤姆差点被我吓出心脏病 |
[1:17:54] | She passed the test. | 她通过了考验 |
[1:17:55] | Surprised you passed the test. I’d have got rid of you on the spot. | 你居然通过了 我就应该在现场消灭你 |
[1:17:59] | A terrible way to treat someone. | 你就是这么恐吓客人的吗? |
[1:18:01] | – Yeah. – We had absolutely no idea. | – 唉 – 我们没什么主意了 |
[1:18:04] | – My big secret. – Oh, thanks very much. | – 我的大秘密 – 哦 多谢了 |
[1:18:06] | It’s obviously serious. | 多严肃的问题 |
[1:18:08] | Still, it’s been really good to meet you both, though, and we had a lovely lunch. | 不管怎么说 看见你们真好 午餐很美味 |
[1:18:12] | You didn’t say you were having lunch. | 你们吃午饭了? |
[1:18:14] | We have lunch every day. | 每天都要吃午饭那 |
[1:18:16] | I know you have lunch every day, Joe. | 我知道你们每天都吃 |
[1:18:18] | Bread and cheese. | 面包奶酪 |
[1:18:19] | – Nothing special. – I thought it was special. | – 没什么特别的 – 我觉得挺特别的 |
[1:18:22] | We had some tomatoes from Tom and Gerri’s allotment. | 吃的是汤姆和杰莉摘回来的西红柿 |
[1:18:25] | Have you tasted them? | 你吃过没? |
[1:18:25] | Loads of times. Gerri’s always giving me stuff, aren’t you, Gerri? | 吃好多次了 杰莉总送我东西 是吧? |
[1:18:29] | – I’ll give you some to take home, Mary. – Oh, great. | – 我给你装点回家 – 好啊 |
[1:18:32] | Oh, yeah, I can take them on the tube. | 我可以坐地铁带回去 |
[1:18:35] | So, what is it you do, then, Jackie? | 你做什么的 杰奇? |
[1:18:37] | Katie. | 凯蒂 |
[1:18:40] | Katie. | 凯蒂 |
[1:18:41] | Don’t worry. An occupational therapist. | 没关系 我是个职业咨询师 |
[1:18:44] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:18:45] | She looks after stroke victims and the elderly. | 她看护老人和中风患者 |
[1:18:48] | And… I grew up just | 而且…我也在克劳伊登布长大 |
[1:18:51] | down the road from you, in Croydon. | 就和你隔一条马路 |
[1:18:53] | I only went to college in Croydon. | 我上大学才去那儿的 |
[1:18:55] | Oh, right. Which college? | 哦! 哪个大学? |
[1:18:58] | Croydon College. | 克劳伊登布大学 |
[1:18:59] | The aptly named. | 恰如其分的名字啊 |
[1:19:02] | So which course did you do? Secretarial? | 你学什么专业? 秘书? |
[1:19:05] | What makes you think I’m a secretary? | 你为什么认为我是个秘书? |
[1:19:08] | Well, you are, aren’t you? | 你不是吗? |
[1:19:10] | – Gerri said… – Yes. | – 杰莉说… – 没错 |
[1:19:15] | Well… | 嗯… |
[1:19:17] | I got my diploma. I look after the doctors. | 我读完了硕士 辅助医生做事 |
[1:19:19] | Oh, brilliant. | 那很好啊 |
[1:19:21] | So have you two worked together for a long time? | 你们两个一起工作很久了吧? |
[1:19:24] | Ooh, about 20 years, haven’t we, Mary? | 哦 有20年了吧? |
[1:19:27] | Yeah. | 有了 |
[1:19:28] | – Mary’s known Joe since he was ten. – No way! | – 乔十岁就认识玛丽了 – 不会吧! |
[1:19:31] | I bet you’ve got some embarrassing stories. | 我打赌玛丽肯定知道你很多糗事 |
[1:19:33] | I’ve got some really nice stories, actually. | 实际上挺多都是好事 |
[1:19:36] | Joe and I have shared some really special moments, haven’t we? | 我们有很多美好的回忆对吧? |
[1:19:39] | – Yes, Mary. – It’ll just have to be our secret, won’t it? | – 是啊 – 只属于我们的秘密 |
[1:19:41] | She’s almost like an auntie to him. | 就像他小姨一样亲 |
[1:19:43] | I wouldn’t say that. | 我可不那么想 |
[1:19:45] | Well, we think of you as his auntie. | 可我们都那么觉得 |
[1:19:46] | Auntie Mary. | 玛丽阿姨 |
[1:19:48] | I think that’s really sweet. | 多温馨那 |
[1:19:51] | – Right. Who wants some cake? – Yes, please. | – 谁想要蛋糕? – 给我点吧 |
[1:19:59] | Auntie Mary. | 玛丽阿姨 |
[1:20:00] | Thanks, Joe. | 谢谢 |
[1:20:03] | Thanks, Mum. | 谢了 妈 |
[1:20:06] | It must be really boring looking after old people. | 照顾老人肯定很无聊吧 |
[1:20:08] | No, I love it. | 没有啊 我很喜欢 |
[1:20:10] | You get to know them really well and, well… | 渐渐地 越来越了解他们… |
[1:20:14] | …we’re all going to be old, one day, aren’t we? | …有一天我们也会变老 不是吗? |
[1:20:16] | Touch wood. | 但愿一直好运 |
[1:20:18] | Some of us already are. | 有些人已经是了 |
[1:20:22] | We look after old people, don’t we, Gerri? | 我们也照顾老人不是吗? |
[1:20:25] | No, not in the same way. | 不 和她不一样 |
[1:20:34] | Amazing cake. | 味道真好 |
[1:20:36] | Thank you, Katie. | 谢谢 |
[1:20:44] | Right. | 好啦 |
[1:20:45] | We’ll see you when we see you. | 什么时候再来啊 |
[1:20:47] | – Soon. Hopefully. – And you’ll never know when. | – 应该会很快 – 谁知道什么时候 |
[1:20:49] | Probably find you hiding in the shed. | 没准下次你就藏在库房里 |
[1:20:51] | Or lurking in the bathroom. | 或者埋伏在浴室里 |
[1:20:53] | – Or down the toilet. – Oh, nice! | – 或者在厕所下面 – 好主意! |
[1:20:54] | You must come to supper. | 一定要来吃晚饭那 |
[1:20:56] | Yes, please. | 那就麻烦你们了 |
[1:20:57] | I hear you’re both excellent cooks. No pressure. | 我听说你们都是大厨 别有压力哈 |
[1:20:59] | Tom makes a mean curry. | 汤姆做咖喱烧饭很拿手 |
[1:21:01] | Oh, I love curry. | 我爱死咖喱了 |
[1:21:02] | Well, there’s been no litigation to date. | 约时间吃饭又不犯法 |
[1:21:04] | I’ll take my chances, then. | 那我可试试喽 |
[1:21:06] | – I’ll speak to you later. – Bye. | – 晚点和你说 – 拜 |
[1:21:07] | – See you, boy. – Bye-bye. Take care. | – 再见 – 再见 小心点儿 |
[1:21:09] | – Thank you so much. – Thank you for the flowers. | – 多谢了 – 谢谢你的花 |
[1:21:11] | A pleasure. Lovely to meet you. | 别客气 很高兴见到你们 |
[1:21:13] | You, too. | 我们也是 |
[1:21:13] | Bye, Mary. Really nice to meet you. | 玛丽 再见 很高兴见到你 |
[1:21:16] | Hope you get your car sorted out. | 祝你早日解决车的问题 |
[1:21:18] | – Bye, Katie. – Bye. | – 再见 凯蒂 – 再见 |
[1:21:19] | – Bye. – See you soon. | – 再见 – 下次见 |
[1:21:21] | – Yeah. Safe journey. Bye. – Bye. | – 路上小心 – 再见 |
[1:21:25] | How about that, then? | 觉得怎么样? |
[1:21:27] | – That’s a turn-up for the books. – You’re not kidding. | – 又是个新篇章 – 就是说啊 |
[1:21:30] | – Excuse me, I’ve got a bit of work to do. – All right. | – 抱歉 我还有事要做 – 好吧 |
[1:21:33] | I was going to bring you some flowers, Gerri. I just couldn’t find anywhere open. | 我本来打算给你带花的 可没找到卖花的店 |
[1:21:37] | Don’t be silly. | 别傻了 |
[1:21:45] | Gerri? | 杰莉? |
[1:21:48] | What? | 怎么了? |
[1:21:49] | – What do you think of her? – She’s lovely, isn’t she? | – 你觉得她怎么样? – 她很可爱 |
[1:21:54] | Well, I don’t know. | 我不确定 |
[1:21:56] | Joe likes her. | 乔喜欢她 |
[1:21:58] | Yeah, but, you know. | 没错 可是 |
[1:22:00] | They seem to connect. | 他们看起来很合拍 |
[1:22:02] | Well, he’s only young, isn’t he? | 他太年轻不是吗? |
[1:22:04] | He’s 30 years old, Mary. | 他都30了 玛丽 |
[1:22:08] | No, but what I mean is, he doesn’t want to rush into anything. | 我的意思是 他不会是想仓促行事吧? |
[1:22:11] | He’s only known her for five minutes. | 他才认识她5分钟而已 |
[1:22:13] | I think Joe knows what he’s doing, actually. | 我觉得乔知道自己在做什么 |
[1:22:19] | Well, I hope so. | 但愿如此 |
[1:22:24] | Don’t forget your tomatoes, Mary. | 别忘了你的西红柿 |
[1:22:26] | No, I won’t. | 不会忘的 |
[1:22:31] | I should have brought a bottle of wine. | 我本来应该带瓶酒来 |
[1:22:44] | – I might head off in a minute. – All right, then, Mary. | – 我很快就走了 – 那么再见了 |
[1:23:00] | – Thank you for coming, Mary. – Thanks, Gerri. | – 多谢你来 – 别客气 |
[1:23:03] | – I’ll see you on Tuesday. – Yes. | – 周二见 – 好 |
[1:23:04] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:23:05] | – Bye, then. – OK, bye. | – 那么再见 – 好 再见 |
[1:23:19] | Very sad. | 真悲哀 |
[1:23:21] | Really upsetting. | 很令人失望 |
[1:23:22] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:23:23] | – Are you surprised? – Of course I am. | – 你惊讶吗? – 当然 |
[1:23:25] | No, I’m not, actually. | 实际上 也不是 |
[1:23:27] | No. | 哦 |
[1:23:28] | It’s disappointing. | 只是挺失望的 |
[1:23:31] | So, when are you inviting her round next? | 那么 什么时候再约她来? |
[1:23:36] | Did you see this? | 看到这个了吗? |
[1:23:39] | It’s extraordinary. | 很不一般 |
[1:23:42] | – I like whatshername. – Katie? | – 我喜欢她的名字 – 凯蒂? |
[1:23:44] | – Yeah, she’s a laugh, isn’t she? – She’s lovely. | – 嗯 她可真爱笑 – 蛮可爱的 |
[1:23:48] | He is a dark horse, our son. | 我们那小子是匹黑马 |
[1:23:53] | I think you’ll find that we men are. | 你会发现我们男人是怎么一回事 |
[1:24:56] | Can you take that for me? | 能帮我拿那个吗? |
[1:25:19] | Hasn’t changed much, has it? | 没怎么变 是吧? |
[1:25:25] | Hello, mate. | 你好啊 伙计 |
[1:25:32] | How are you, Ron? | 罗 你怎么样? |
[1:25:36] | Hi, Ronnie. | 嗨 罗尼 |
[1:25:37] | – Do you recognise Joe? – I’ve grown a bit. | – 认出乔了吗? – 我都长这么大了 |
[1:25:50] | How are you managing, Ronnie? | 处理得怎么样了? |
[1:25:52] | I’ll be glad when this is over. | 我很高兴这一切都结束了 |
[1:25:54] | – This is the hardest day. – Yeah. | – 今天最难熬 – 是啊 |
[1:25:58] | – She was a lovely person. – She was. | – 她是个很好的人 – 的确 |
[1:26:00] | Very kind. | 善良 |
[1:26:05] | Have you been eating over the weekend, Ronnie? | 周末这两天你吃东西了吗? |
[1:26:08] | I had some beans. | 吃了些豆子 |
[1:26:10] | Need a bit more than that, though, don’t you? | 可是 你吃的太少了吧 |
[1:26:12] | Do you want something now? | 现在想吃点什么吗? |
[1:26:14] | Nah. | 不 |
[1:26:15] | – Are you sure? – Yeah. | – 真不吃? – 嗯 |
[1:26:17] | – We brought a load of sandwiches, Ron. – Some beers. | – 我们买了很多三明治 – 还有啤酒 |
[1:26:22] | So where’s Carl? | 卡尔哪去了? |
[1:26:24] | I told him when and where. | 我告诉他时间和地址了 |
[1:26:26] | The question is, if he’ll turn up. | 问题是 他会不会来 |
[1:26:28] | Well, that’s up to him. | 那得看他了 |
[1:26:30] | He’d bloody better. | 他真该懂事点 |
[1:26:33] | Cheers, Gez. | 干杯 |
[1:26:35] | – The hearse will be here soon. – Yeah. | – 灵车很快就来了 – 嗯 |
[1:26:43] | There you are, Ronnie. | 给你 罗尼 |
[1:26:47] | Can I have one of them beers now? | 我现在可以喝杯啤酒吗? |
[1:26:49] | Yeah, you’re all right. Go on. | 好吧 喝一杯 |
[1:27:01] | Ta. | 谢了 |
[1:27:08] | – Hello. – Hello. Mr Hepple? | – 你好 – 你好 是赫普先生吗? |
[1:27:09] | Yes, I’m Tom Hepple. I think we spoke on the phone. | 是的 我是汤姆·赫普 我们通过电话吧 |
[1:27:12] | This is my brother, Ronnie. | 这是我哥哥 罗尼 |
[1:27:14] | – Hello. – He’s Linda’s husband. | – 你好 – 他是琳达的丈夫 |
[1:27:16] | Are you all ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[1:27:18] | Yes, we are, yes. Just the four of us. | 好了 就我们四个 |
[1:27:27] | Have you got the keys, Ronnie? | 带钥匙了吗? |
[1:27:29] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | – 带了 – 好 |
[1:28:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:28:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:28:37] | – Mr Hepple? – Yes. | – 赫普先生吗? – 是的 |
[1:28:39] | This is Robert, your minister. | 这是罗伯特 主持牧师 |
[1:28:42] | – I’m Tom Hepple. – Oh, yes. | – 我是汤姆·赫普 – 幸会 |
[1:28:46] | This is my brother, Ronnie, Linda’s husband. | 这是我兄弟 罗尼 他是琳达的丈夫 |
[1:28:50] | Robert Saunter. I shall be taking the service. | 我是罗伯特·桑特 我负责主持葬礼 |
[1:28:53] | We’re expecting Ronnie’s son, Carl, to be here, | 我们想让罗尼的儿子 卡尔来 |
[1:28:55] | but he doesn’t appear to have turned up yet. | 可他似乎不打算来 |
[1:29:00] | Right, well, we’d… best be started. | 好 我们这就开始吧 |
[1:29:04] | Yes. Yes. | 是 是 |
[1:29:06] | – Are you all ready? – Yeah. | – 都准备好了? – 是的 |
[1:29:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:29:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:29:25] | “I am the resurrection and the life,” says the Lord. | 牧师说道”复活在我” |
[1:29:29] | “Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live. | “那些信仰我的死者将获得重生” |
[1:29:32] | Everyone who lives and believes in me will never die.” | “那些信仰我的在世者将长存于世” |
[1:29:37] | I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, | “我深信不论生死 天使还是掌权者 |
[1:29:41] | nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, | 不论现世还是未来 |
[1:29:45] | nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation | 不论高处的还是低处的 还是别的造物 |
[1:29:48] | will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. | 都不能将我们与我主基督的爱隔绝” |
[1:30:01] | We have entrusted our sister, | 我主慈悲 已接受我们的姐妹 |
[1:30:03] | Linda Margaret, to God’s mercy, | 琳达·玛格丽特的委托 |
[1:30:05] | and we now commit her body to be cremated. | 现在我们将火化她的遗体 |
[1:30:09] | Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, | 尘归尘 土归土 |
[1:30:13] | in sure and certain hope of the resurrection to eternal life, | 她定将复活并获得永生 |
[1:30:17] | through our Lord Jesus Christ, | 我主基督 |
[1:30:19] | who will transform our frail bodies | 会将我们脆弱的肉体 |
[1:30:21] | that they may be conformed to his glorious body, | 与他圣洁的躯干相融合 |
[1:30:25] | who died, was buried | 他曾死亡 被埋葬 |
[1:30:27] | and rose again for us. | 最终为我们开出芬芳的玫瑰 |
[1:30:29] | To him be glory forever. | 光辉的荣耀永远属于我主 |
[1:30:31] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[1:30:33] | May God give you his comfort and his peace, his light and his joy, | 愿上帝给予你宁远平静 光芒和喜悦 |
[1:30:38] | in this world and the next. | 无论今世还是来世 |
[1:30:39] | And the blessing of God Almighty… | 全能上帝的祝福… |
[1:30:43] | …the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit be upon you and remain with you always. | …圣父圣子及圣灵将永远伴随着你 |
[1:30:49] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[1:30:52] | You are welcome. | 你好 |
[1:31:11] | You’re joking, aren’t you? | 你开玩笑吧? |
[1:31:14] | Hello, Carl. | 你好 卡尔 |
[1:31:15] | – Is that it? – It’s all over, Carl. | – 那个就是了吗? – 都结束了 |
[1:31:19] | I’m really sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:31:40] | – That was just right. – Thank you very much. I appreciate it. | – 葬礼举行得很好 – 非常感谢你 |
[1:31:43] | Thank you. God bless you. | 上帝保佑你 |
[1:31:52] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[1:31:54] | Why couldn’t you wait? | 你为什么就不能等等我? |
[1:31:55] | There’s another one coming up behind us. You can’t wait. | 我们后面还有一场葬礼 不能再等了 |
[1:31:58] | They can’t wait five minutes? | 五分钟都不行? |
[1:32:00] | No. We asked them. | 不行 我们问过了 |
[1:32:01] | – Outrageous. – What happened to you? | – 天呐 – 你怎么迟到了? |
[1:32:03] | – Motorway was fucked up. – Should have taken that into account. | – 摩托车坏了 – 你应该想到这个 |
[1:32:06] | – I did. – Obviously not enough. | – 我想了 – 很明显还不够严谨 |
[1:32:08] | I’ll never forgive you for this. You know that, don’t you? | – 我不会原谅你的 你明不明白? |
[1:32:11] | – Don’t blame me. – It’s not his fault. | – 不要怪我 – 不是他的错 |
[1:32:12] | I might have known you’d pull a stunt like this. | 我早该想到他会来这么一出 |
[1:32:16] | – Carl. – What? | – 卡尔 – 怎么了? |
[1:32:18] | It’s Joe. | 我是乔 |
[1:32:20] | Oh, yeah. All right? | 哦 什么事? |
[1:32:24] | Carl, I’m really sorry. | 卡尔 我很抱歉 |
[1:32:27] | We’re going back to the house, to your mum’s. | 我们要回你爸爸那儿去 |
[1:32:30] | If you want to come… | 你要不要一起… |
[1:32:31] | I gotta go back there, any road, so… | 不管怎么说 我会回去的… |
[1:32:33] | All right. We’ll see you there. | 好吧 我们到那儿见 |
[1:32:35] | Hello, I’m Tom. Ronnie’s brother. | 你好 我是汤姆 罗尼的弟弟 |
[1:32:37] | We’re going back to the house. | 我们正要回去 |
[1:32:39] | Are you friends of Linda? | 你们是琳达的朋友? |
[1:32:40] | How long have you worked with her? Are you coming back to the house? | 和她共事多久了? 你们也要来吗? |
[1:32:44] | – Good. We’ll see you there. – Do you have transport? | – 好 一会儿见 – 你们有车吗? |
[1:32:49] | Do you know the way? | 知道路吧? |
[1:32:51] | We’ll see you there, then. | 那么一会儿见 |
[1:32:55] | Carl said he is going back. | 卡尔说他会回来 |
[1:33:03] | When was the last time you saw Carl? | 你最后一次见他是什么时候? |
[1:33:06] | A couple of years ago. | 几年前了 |
[1:33:07] | Just turns up out of the blue, doesn’t he? | 突然就那么出现了? |
[1:33:10] | When he can be bothered. | 他那时觉得有空了 |
[1:33:12] | When did we last see him? | 我们最后一次见卡尔是什么时候? |
[1:33:15] | I can’t remember. Five, ten years ago? | 不记得了 五年还是十年以前? |
[1:33:17] | It was the year your mum died. | 是你妈妈去世那年 |
[1:33:19] | – Was it? – Mm. | – 是吗? – 嗯 |
[1:33:21] | 1979 | 1979年 |
[1:33:23] | – No. – No, ’95. | – 不是 – 是95年 |
[1:33:25] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:33:28] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:33:29] | So, hang on. When did he stay with us in London? | 等等 我们一起在伦敦是什么时候? |
[1:33:32] | – That was in the ’80s. – You were nine. | – 八几年吧 – 你那时9岁 |
[1:33:35] | He always wore black, didn’t he? | 他总穿黑衣服 是不是? |
[1:33:37] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[1:33:39] | It’s tragic. | 真可惜 |
[1:33:40] | He was such a lovely kid, full of fun. | 他是个可爱的孩子 总那么有趣 |
[1:33:45] | Was he? | 是吗? |
[1:33:53] | Hi. Come on in. | 嗨 请进 |
[1:33:55] | – Thanks, love. – Hello. Come in. | – 谢谢 亲爱的 – 你好 请进 |
[1:33:57] | Hiya. | 你好 |
[1:33:58] | – Do you want to go through? – Thank you. | – 进来看看吗? – 谢谢 |
[1:34:01] | – You find it all right? – Aye, aye. No problem. | – 来时顺利吗? – 嗯 很顺利 |
[1:34:04] | Shall I take your coat? | 把大衣给我吧 |
[1:34:05] | Er… no, you’re all right, duck, thanks. | 不…好吧 谢谢 |
[1:34:08] | Shall I take your coats, ladies? | 女士们 需要我帮忙吗? |
[1:34:09] | – Thank you. – Right. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[1:34:11] | Joe, is there another chair in there? | 乔 还有椅子吗? |
[1:34:15] | Yeah. | 有 |
[1:34:21] | It was a very nice service. | 殡葬服务不错 |
[1:34:23] | It was, wasn’t it? Simple, straightforward. | 是啊 简单又直接 |
[1:34:28] | That’s what you wanted, wasn’t it, Ronnie? Nothing fancy. | 罗尼 你不就想要这样的?没什么复杂的 |
[1:34:31] | No. | 嗯 |
[1:34:34] | Good job it didn’t rain. | 还好没下雨 |
[1:34:37] | – It’s a nice spot that, isn’t it? – Mm. | – 不错的风景 – 嗯 |
[1:34:41] | We’ve seen a few off from there, haven’t we? | 我们在那儿看得多了 |
[1:34:43] | – Aye, we have over the years. – Aye. | – 嗯 好多年 – 是啊 |
[1:34:46] | Have you worked with Linda for long? | 你和琳达共事很久吗? |
[1:34:48] | About ten years. | 差不多十年 |
[1:34:50] | How about you, Maggie? | 你呢 麦琪? |
[1:34:52] | Not as long as that, no. | 没那么久 |
[1:34:54] | She was a lovely lady. | 她是个好人 |
[1:34:56] | – She was, yeah. – We weren’t that close. | – 的确是 – 我们没那么亲密 |
[1:34:59] | – She’ll be much missed. – It was such a shock. | – 我们都会想念她的 – 太突然了 |
[1:35:04] | Be a big change for you, Ronnie, | 罗尼 对你来说是个不小的变化啊 |
[1:35:06] | having to look after yourself. | 你得自己照顾自己了 |
[1:35:09] | You get used to it though, Ronnie. | 慢慢你会习惯 |
[1:35:12] | – Eight years for me, now. – Is it? | – 我用了八年 – 是吗? |
[1:35:14] | Aye. | 嗯 |
[1:35:18] | It’s Carl. | 是卡尔 |
[1:35:26] | All right, Carl? | 怎么样 卡尔? |
[1:35:28] | – ‘Ey up, Carl. – Excuse me, mate. | – 你来了 – 不好意思 伙计 |
[1:35:32] | Do you want a drink, Carl? | 想喝一杯吗? |
[1:35:34] | You got tea, beers… | 有茶 啤酒… |
[1:35:37] | …couple of bottles of wine. | …几瓶葡萄酒 |
[1:35:40] | Sort myself out, ta. | 谢了 我自己来 |
[1:35:45] | Are you local, then, Frank? | 你是本地人吗 弗兰克? |
[1:35:47] | Aye, aye, I’m just a few streets down. | 是的 就隔几条街 |
[1:35:49] | You know, Palmer’s Street. | 你知道吗 帕尔默街 |
[1:35:51] | Oh, yeah. | 嗯 知道 |
[1:35:52] | I haven’t lived in Derby for 40 years. | 我有40年不在德比郡住了 |
[1:35:54] | – How are you, Carl? – All right. You? | – 你呢 卡尔? – 很好 你呢? |
[1:35:55] | We’re all fine. | 我们都很好 |
[1:35:57] | This must have been a bit of a shock for you. | 给你很大打击吧 |
[1:35:59] | I’ll say. | 一点没错 |
[1:36:01] | – Where are you living? – Up in Yorkshire. | – 你现在住哪儿? – 就在约克郡 |
[1:36:03] | – Are you working? – Don’t need an interrogation. | – 有工作吗? – 没必要盘问我吧? |
[1:36:08] | There’s food out here when you want it. | 想吃的话 外面有 |
[1:36:11] | It’s all changed. | 都变了 |
[1:36:16] | – No post for me, then? – No. | – 没我的邮件? – 没有 |
[1:36:19] | None from you, either. | 也没收到你寄来的 |
[1:36:21] | – Eh? – There’s none from you. | – 啊? – 没有你寄来的信 |
[1:36:24] | Not lost your sense of humour, then? | 还那么有幽默感 哈? |
[1:36:28] | Who sorted all this lot out? | 谁打理这一切的? |
[1:36:30] | – We did. – We brought it with us. | – 我们 – 我们一直带过来 |
[1:36:33] | – From London? – Yeah. | – 从伦敦? – 对 |
[1:36:34] | Nice. | 很好 |
[1:36:36] | You didn’t get your arse in gear, Ronnie? | 你没插手吗 罗尼? |
[1:36:38] | He didn’t need to, we offered. | 他不用操心 我们主动要来的 |
[1:36:40] | Did you? | 是吗? |
[1:36:41] | – Yeah. – It’s his responsibility, though, in’t it? | – 是 – 不过 这是他应该做的 |
[1:36:45] | Don’t underestimate the shock he’s had, Carl. | 别低估他受的打击 |
[1:36:48] | Yeah, I know. Very fragile, in’t he, your brother? | 我知道 你兄弟 多脆弱的人那 |
[1:36:53] | – His wife’s just died. – His wife. | – 他的妻子刚去世 – 他妻子 |
[1:36:56] | Didn’t much care for her when she was alive. | 她活着的时候都没怎么关心她 |
[1:36:58] | – Did you? – I beg your pardon? | – 你有吗? – 你说什么? |
[1:37:01] | – Did you care for her, Carl? – Tom? | – 你关心她了吗? – 汤姆! |
[1:37:03] | – I cared for her in my own way. – Carl. | – 我有我关心的方式 – 卡尔 |
[1:37:05] | – What way was that? – She knew how I felt. | – 什么方式? – 她知道 |
[1:37:07] | – Did she? – Shut it. | – 是吗? – 别说了 |
[1:37:08] | Don’t tell me how to behave in my house. | 在我房子里还轮不到你指挥我 |
[1:37:10] | It’s not your house. | 不是你的房子吧 |
[1:37:11] | It is, as much as it is his. | 这房子是他的就是我的 |
[1:37:12] | Tom. | 汤姆 |
[1:37:18] | – And what are you looking at? – I’m looking at you, Carl. | – 你在看什么? – 我在看你 |
[1:37:21] | Well, I don’t like it. | 我不喜欢 |
[1:37:30] | Don’t feel you need to hang about, duck. | 你不想出去待会儿吗? |
[1:37:35] | We best get going. | 我们还是走吧 |
[1:37:36] | Excuse me. | 请便 |
[1:37:39] | I’m really sorry about this. | 实在对不起 |
[1:37:42] | Do you want your coats? Yeah, I’m not surprised. | 需要我帮你拿大衣吗?我一点都不惊讶 |
[1:37:44] | – Thank you for coming. – Shall I drop you off? | – 多谢你们来 – 帮你拿下来吧 |
[1:37:47] | – You’re welcome. – Yeah. | – 谢谢 – 没关系 |
[1:37:48] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:37:49] | Is that… Can you do that, Frank? | 那个…弗兰克 你能送他们吗? |
[1:37:51] | Aye, aye. Give them a lift home. | 好的 我会的 |
[1:37:55] | Look after yourself, Ronnie. | 罗尼 多保重 |
[1:37:57] | Thanks for coming. Sorry about this. | 感谢你们过来 很抱歉这么让你们走了 |
[1:37:59] | – One of those things. – Aye, well, not to worry, duck. | – 命中注定的事 – 是啊 别担心了 |
[1:38:02] | – See you. – Thanks. | – 再见 – 谢谢 |
[1:38:04] | – Take care. Ta-ta. – Bye. | – 保重 拜 – 拜 |
[1:38:09] | Bloody hell. | 该死的 |
[1:38:14] | Are you all right, Ronnie? | 你还好吧? |
[1:38:20] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[1:38:23] | Ah, sod him. | 去他的 |
[1:38:25] | He’ll bugger off soon enough. | 他很快就滚蛋了 |
[1:38:54] | Tell you what. | 我跟你说 |
[1:38:57] | Why don’t you come back with us? | 你为什么不回来和我们一起住呢? |
[1:39:01] | To London. | 去伦敦 |
[1:39:05] | No, no. You’re all right. | 哦不了 你们走好了 |
[1:39:08] | Well, why not? | 为什么不呢? |
[1:39:11] | Just for a few days, a week. | 就住几天 一周 |
[1:39:14] | Whatever it takes. | 管它多久呢 |
[1:39:17] | Then we’ll put you on the train back home. | 然后我们就把你送上火车回家 |
[1:39:23] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:39:28] | Think about it. | 好好想想 |
[1:39:50] | What do you reckon? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[1:39:52] | You might as well, until you feel a bit better. | 还是来吧 直到你感觉好点 |
[1:39:57] | – Are you sure? – Yeah. | – 你们真这么想? – 是 |
[1:40:04] | – OK. – Good. | – 好吧 – 太好了 |
[1:40:05] | Chuck a few things in a bag. We’ll clear up. | 收拾点东西 我们要清场了 |
[1:40:08] | – Yeah. – Have you got a bag? | – 好的 – 有行李包吗? |
[1:40:10] | I think so. | 应该有 |
[1:40:11] | Your dad’s coming home with us for a couple of days. | 你父亲会和我们住一段日子 |
[1:40:14] | Is he now? | 现在就开始了? |
[1:40:15] | – I think there’s one under the bed. – Right. | – 床底下应该有一个 – 好像是 |
[1:40:18] | How did she go? | 她怎么死的? |
[1:40:21] | Eh? | 啊? |
[1:40:26] | She were dead when I woke up. | 我醒来时发现她死了 |
[1:40:29] | Satisfied? | 满意了? |
[1:40:32] | – Excuse me, Carl. – I’ll do that, Gerri. | – 结果 卡尔 – 我自己来 |
[1:40:34] | – No, I’ll do it. – No, you leave it. | – 不 我来吧 – 不 你放下 |
[1:40:37] | You sit yourself down. | 你还是坐会儿吧 |
[1:40:49] | What am I doing this for? Save my mam the trouble? | 我为什么做这些?帮我妈的忙? |
[1:40:51] | – She’s fucking dead now. – Listen to me. | – 她现在都死了 – 听我说 |
[1:40:53] | Nah, no, no, no, no. | 不 不不不 |
[1:40:57] | I’m going to get a bottle of wine. | 我去弄瓶酒喝 |
[1:41:00] | Carl, we’ve got loads of wine. | 卡尔 我们有很多酒 |
[1:41:02] | Carl. | 卡尔 |
[1:41:08] | He won’t be back. | 他不会回来了 |
[1:41:15] | Pyjamas. Get some shirts. | 睡衣 还有衬衫 |
[1:41:20] | – Are you going to change? – Yeah. | – 你要换衣服吧? – 是啊 |
[1:41:23] | – Do you want this? – Yeah. | – 带这个吗? – 好 |
[1:41:46] | How you doing? | 你怎么样? |
[1:41:48] | Are you all right? | 没事吧? |
[1:41:50] | Yeah, I’ll be all right. | 嗯 我没事 |
[1:41:53] | We’ll be off soon. | 我们马上就出发 |
[1:42:54] | Oh, hi. | 哦 嗨 |
[1:42:58] | Is Gerri in? | 杰莉在吗? |
[1:43:02] | No. | 不在 |
[1:43:05] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:43:09] | – Is Tom here? – No, they’re out. | – 汤姆在吗? – 不 他们出去了 |
[1:43:15] | What’s it about? | 有什么事吗? |
[1:43:20] | I… I… I just wanted to see them. | 我… 我… 我就想看看他们 |
[1:43:25] | They didn’t say nothing. | 他们没提这件事 |
[1:43:27] | Oh… Oh, no, they don’t. | 哦… 不 他们不知道 |
[1:43:30] | I just came on the spur of the moment. | 我就是一时心血来潮 |
[1:43:36] | I’m a friend of Gerri’s. I work with her. | 我是杰莉的朋友 和她一起工作的 |
[1:43:42] | Oh, have they gone to the allotment? | 他们是不是去园子了? |
[1:43:47] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | – 是 – 嗯 |
[1:43:55] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗? |
[1:43:59] | Just to wait for them? | 进去等会儿他们 |
[1:44:03] | – I don’t know. – I’m really cold. | – 我不知道 – 我真的很冷 |
[1:44:08] | I’m here on my own. | 我自己住这儿 |
[1:44:09] | Oh, I’m not going to burgle you or anything. | 我不会入室打劫你什么的 |
[1:44:17] | I can give you a description of the house, if you like? | 如果你愿意的话 我能描述下这个房子 |
[1:44:25] | When you go in the kitchen, the cooker’s on the right… | 进厨房后 厨具在右侧… |
[1:44:32] | …and the sink’s straight in front of you and on the left is… | …水池正对着你 左边是… |
[1:44:35] | Yeah, yeah. Yeah, right. | 好了 好了 进来吧 |
[1:44:38] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:44:45] | I’m Mary. | 我叫玛丽 |
[1:44:50] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么? |
[1:44:52] | Ronnie. Tom’s my brother. | 罗尼 汤姆的哥哥 |
[1:44:55] | Oh, oh. | 哦 |
[1:44:58] | Is it your wife that’s just passed away? | 是你妻子刚过世吧? |
[1:45:01] | – Yeah. – I’m really sorry. | – 是 – 我感到很遗憾 |
[1:45:04] | That’s all right. | 没关系 |
[1:45:14] | Would you like me to make you a cup of tea? | 我给你泡杯茶好吗? |
[1:45:17] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[1:45:22] | Is it all right if I make one for myself? | 我给我自己泡一杯可以吗? |
[1:45:27] | I don’t think Gerri and Tom would mind. | 我想杰莉和汤姆不会介意的 |
[1:45:31] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:46:08] | Have you come down for a few days? | 你来好几天了吗? |
[1:46:10] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | – 嗯 – 哦 |
[1:46:16] | I haven’t had any breakfast. | 我还没吃早餐呢 |
[1:46:20] | Did you have breakfast? | 你吃了吗? |
[1:46:21] | Yeah. | 吃了 |
[1:46:23] | – With Tom and Gerri? – Yeah. | – 和汤姆杰莉一起吗? – 是 |
[1:46:32] | Do you want a cuddle? | 你想拥抱下吗? |
[1:46:44] | You sure you don’t want some tea? | 你真的不想来点茶? |
[1:46:46] | – Aye, go on, then. – Yeah. | – 那倒一杯吧 – 好 |
[1:46:57] | Ooh, that’s better. | 哦 好多了 |
[1:47:02] | It’s really lovely to be here. | 在这儿感觉真好 |
[1:47:05] | I haven’t been for months. | 好几个月没来了 |
[1:47:10] | They invite me a lot. We’re really old friends. | 他们总邀请我 我们真的是很老的朋友了 |
[1:47:20] | Are you sleeping in Joe’s room? | 你睡在乔的房间? |
[1:47:22] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:47:23] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 |
[1:47:25] | All his little bits and bobs. | 他那堆乱七八糟的玩意 |
[1:47:32] | Did he go to the funeral? | 他参加葬礼了吗? |
[1:47:33] | Yeah. | 去了 |
[1:47:36] | With his girlfriend? | 和他女朋友? |
[1:47:38] | – No. – Oh. | – 没有 – 哦 |
[1:47:43] | They’re coming round later. | 他们一会儿回来 |
[1:47:46] | Oh, are they? | 哦 是吗? |
[1:47:56] | Sorry I’m such a mess. | 我这个样子真不好意思 |
[1:48:00] | I didn’t get to bed till five and then I couldn’t sleep. | 五点了我才躺床上 可我睡不着了 |
[1:48:06] | I just got up and came straight here. | 起来我就直接来这儿了 |
[1:48:17] | Does Gerri ever mention me? | 杰莉提起过我吗? |
[1:48:22] | No. | 没有 |
[1:48:23] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[1:48:26] | No. | 没有 |
[1:48:45] | You look like Tom. | 你和汤姆很像 |
[1:48:48] | Oh, aye? | 哦 是吗? |
[1:48:50] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:48:53] | You’ve got a nice face. | 长得很帅 |
[1:48:57] | Tom’s got a nice face, too. | 汤姆长得也很帅 |
[1:49:04] | What was your wife’s name? | 你妻子叫什么? |
[1:49:07] | – Linda. – Oh. | – 琳达 – 哦 |
[1:49:10] | Was she nice? | 她人好吗? |
[1:49:31] | Did you have dinner last night? | 你昨晚吃饭了吗? |
[1:49:33] | – We had chicken. – Oh, lovely. | – 我们吃的鸡 – 不错 |
[1:49:37] | – They’re good cooks, aren’t they? – Yeah. | – 他们厨艺很棒 是吧? – 是啊 |
[1:49:41] | I can’t cook. | 我不会做饭 |
[1:49:44] | – Can you cook? – Nah. | – 你会做吗? – 不会 |
[1:49:52] | I didn’t really eat anything yesterday. | 昨天我几乎没吃东西 |
[1:49:56] | Do you want some toast? | 你想来点土司吗? |
[1:50:02] | No, I’m all right, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[1:50:09] | Wouldn’t mind a cigarette, though. | 不介意我抽根烟吧 |
[1:50:12] | – Do you smoke? – Yeah. | – 你抽烟吗? – 嗯 |
[1:50:15] | Oh, good. | 真好 |
[1:50:19] | Oh, yeah. My friend used to roll her own. | 我朋友原来喜欢自己卷烟抽 |
[1:50:25] | Do you want one of these? | 想来一根吗? |
[1:50:27] | No, it’s all right. I’ll have one of mine. | 不 算了 我还是抽自己的吧 |
[1:50:31] | Oh, no, go on, then. For old time’s sake. | 好吧 来一根 怀念下旧时光 |
[1:50:34] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:50:38] | We have to go out there. | 我们得出去抽 |
[1:50:42] | Oh, we can stay in here, can’t we? They won’t know. | 不能就在这儿吗?他们不会知道的 |
[1:50:59] | Ooh. | 哦 |
[1:51:01] | Takes me back. | 让我想起从前 |
[1:51:06] | Did you ever smoke dope? | 抽过大麻吗? |
[1:51:09] | Tried it a few times. | 抽过好几次 |
[1:51:12] | We used to. | 我们以前也抽过 |
[1:51:14] | Me and my best friend, Monica. | 我和我的好友 莫妮卡 |
[1:51:18] | Don’t see her any more. | 后来就没联系了 |
[1:51:22] | Did you like the Beatles? | 你喜欢披头士吗? |
[1:51:26] | They were all right. | 还好 |
[1:51:28] | I was more Elvis. Jerry Lee Lewis. | 我更喜欢埃尔维斯 杰瑞·李·路易斯 |
[1:51:30] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:51:33] | I’m all shook up | 我如此激动不安 |
[1:51:35] | Heh. | 嘿嘿 |
[1:51:44] | Have you got any children? | 你有孩子吗? |
[1:51:45] | Got a son. | 一个儿子 |
[1:51:49] | Is he married? | 他成家了吗? |
[1:51:52] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:52:03] | You got kids? | 你有孩子吗? |
[1:52:05] | No. | 没有 |
[1:52:10] | Unfortunately. | 很不幸 |
[1:52:21] | Have you got to go back soon? | 你很快就要回去了? |
[1:52:24] | Yeah. Got a few things to sort out. | 嗯 很多事还没处理完 |
[1:52:28] | I don’t suppose your son will help you. | 我想你儿子帮不上忙吧 |
[1:52:30] | Nah. | 是啊 |
[1:52:45] | I could come up and give you a hand, if you like. | 你愿意的话 我可以帮你 |
[1:52:50] | Have you got to move? | 要搬家吗? |
[1:52:52] | No. | 不 |
[1:52:56] | I could take a few days off work. | 我能请几天假 |
[1:53:02] | Are you warm enough? | 你还冷吗? |
[1:53:06] | Oh, I’ll be all right. | 不了 挺好的 |
[1:53:08] | We’ll just finish these. | 我们就在这儿抽完吧 |
[1:53:20] | Oh, do you know Ken? | 你知道肯吗? |
[1:53:23] | Ken? | 肯? |
[1:53:24] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:53:26] | Yeah. Did he go to the funeral? | 他去参加葬礼了吗? |
[1:53:29] | No. | 没有 |
[1:53:32] | He’s a bit weird, isn’t he? | 他有点怪怪的 |
[1:53:35] | Is he? | 有吗? |
[1:53:48] | I don’t really smoke. | 我不怎么抽烟 |
[1:53:54] | I had too much to drink last night. | 只是因为昨晚喝的太多了 |
[1:53:58] | I had a bit of a bad day. | 过得有点糟 |
[1:54:00] | My car broke down. It had to be towed away. | 车坏了 需要被拖走 |
[1:54:05] | They said it wasn’t worth repairing. They gave me 20 quid for it. | 他们说不值得一修 开价20磅 |
[1:54:08] | – That’s not much. – No. What can you do with 20 quid? | – 真少 – 是啊 20磅能干嘛? |
[1:54:14] | I bought myself a bottle of champagne. | 我给自己买了一瓶香槟 |
[1:54:17] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[1:54:20] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:54:26] | Did you finish it? | 喝完了? |
[1:54:31] | Yeah, I did. | 嗯 喝完了 |
[1:54:32] | Huh. | 哇哦 |
[1:54:45] | I might have to have a little bit of a lie down. | 我最好躺一会儿 |
[1:54:54] | It’s really lovely to have someone to talk to. | 有人聊天真好啊 |
[1:55:00] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:55:05] | It’s peaceful here. | 这儿有一种安宁的感觉 |
[1:55:15] | I might move away somewhere else. | 我可能会搬到别的地方去了 |
[1:55:20] | Start again. | 重新开始 |
[1:55:25] | I used to work in Majorca. | 以前在马略尔卡岛工作过 |
[1:55:38] | They’ll be back soon. | 他们快回来了 |
[1:55:43] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 |
[1:56:01] | – There you go. – Thank you. | – 给你 – 谢谢 |
[1:56:18] | – Hello, Ronnie. – We’re back. | – 嗨 罗尼 – 我们回来了 |
[1:56:20] | Hi, Gerri. | 嗨 杰莉 |
[1:56:24] | – Hello, Mary. – Bloody hell! | – 你好 玛丽 – 我的天! |
[1:56:26] | – Hi, Tom. – What are you doing here? | – 嗨 汤姆 – 你来做什么? |
[1:56:30] | Well, I just thought I’d… | 我只是想… |
[1:56:36] | Just get my boots off. | 我去把靴子换下来 |
[1:56:39] | Where’d she spring from? | 她从哪儿冒出来的? |
[1:56:41] | Bloody nuisance, especially today. | 真讨厌 怎么就今天来了 |
[1:56:43] | You’re not kidding. | 开玩笑 |
[1:56:55] | – Are you all right, Gerri? – Yes, Mary, I’m fine. | – 你还好吧? – 嗯 我很好 |
[1:57:03] | Did you drive? | 你开车来的? |
[1:57:05] | Oh, no. I came on the tube. | 不 我坐地铁来的 |
[1:57:07] | Did you? | 是吗? |
[1:57:10] | It might have been nice if you’d phoned first, Mary. | 如果你事先打电话来就好了 |
[1:57:13] | Oh, I’m really sorry. | 哦 真抱歉 |
[1:57:23] | – Joe and Katie are coming. – Yeah, Ronnie said. | – 乔和凯蒂要来 – 罗尼说了 |
[1:57:34] | All righty. | 挺好的吧 |
[1:57:37] | – Tea, Ronnie? – Yeah. | 罗尼 喝茶吗? 好 |
[1:57:46] | Come and sit yourself down, Mary, and have a cup of tea. | 过来坐吧 喝杯茶 |
[1:58:18] | How’s it going? | 怎么样了? |
[1:58:20] | Inexorably. | 按部就班 |
[1:58:22] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道怎么办好 |
[1:58:23] | Well, if you don’t, I don’t. | 你要是不知道 我更不知道了 |
[1:58:25] | I can’t just chuck her out. | 我不能把她轰走 |
[1:58:28] | – Can’t you? – No. | – 不能吗? – 不能 |
[1:58:30] | Look at the state of her. | 看看她现在的状态 |
[1:58:32] | I know. Poor woman. | 我知道 可怜的女人 |
[1:58:35] | Joe and Katie will be all right. They can handle her. | 乔和凯蒂不会介意的 我们盯着点儿她 |
[1:58:37] | I know. I’ve got enough food for her. | 知道了 我给她准备吃的了 |
[1:58:40] | – That’s all right, then. – Oh, well, here goes. | – 那很好 – 就这样吧 |
[1:58:59] | – Do you want me to give you a hand? – No, thank you, Mary. | – 需要我帮忙吗? – 不 谢谢 |
[1:59:05] | Would you like to stay for a bite to eat? | 想留下吃点东西吗? |
[1:59:07] | No, it’s OK. I don’t want to be in the way. | 还是不要了 会给你们添麻烦 |
[1:59:09] | You won’t be. We’ve got plenty of food. | 不会的 饭菜都够 |
[1:59:13] | Are you still angry with me? | 你还生我的气吗? |
[1:59:16] | Mary, I wasn’t angry with you. I just felt you’d let me down. | 玛丽 我没生你的气 只是你让我失望了 |
[1:59:20] | Oh, Gerri. | 哦 杰莉 |
[1:59:23] | I’d never want to do that. | 那绝非我本意 |
[1:59:28] | I’m really sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[1:59:29] | Yes, and I know you apologised. | 没事 我知道你很抱歉 |
[1:59:38] | I miss you. | 我很想念你 |
[1:59:42] | I mean, I know I see you at work, | 我们是每天都在一起工作 |
[1:59:44] | but we don’t seem to talk to each other any more. | 可是一句话都没有 |
[1:59:49] | – I feel terrible. – This is my family, Mary. | – 我觉得很可怕 – 这是我的家庭 |
[1:59:53] | You’ve got to understand that. | 你明不明白? |
[1:59:55] | I do. | 我明白 |
[1:59:58] | Oh… Come here. | 哦… 过来 |
[2:00:22] | You have to take responsibility for your actions. | 你应该为你的所作所为负责 |
[2:00:24] | I know. | 我知道 |
[2:00:32] | Now, listen, Mary. | 听我说 玛丽 |
[2:00:36] | You need to talk to somebody. | 你需要倾诉 |
[2:00:39] | Oh, no, I don’t want to do that. | 不 我不想那样 |
[2:00:42] | Well, I think it would help you. | 我觉得对你会有所帮助 |
[2:00:44] | I just want to talk to you. | 我只想和你说话 |
[2:00:47] | Why don’t I have a word with one of my colleagues? | 为什么我不想和我的同事说这些呢? |
[2:00:49] | As long as we’re friends, then I’m all right. | 只要我们是朋友 我就满足了 |
[2:00:52] | Well, that’s beside the point. You need independent, professional help. | 那是另一回事 你需要独立 专业的帮助 |
[2:00:56] | You’d be much happier. | 你会快乐起来 |
[2:01:01] | Let’s talk about it on Tuesday. | 我们周二再说吧 |
[2:01:02] | – Yeah. – And you have a think. | – 好 – 你好好想想 |
[2:01:05] | Yeah, we could have a drink. | 我们可以喝一杯 |
[2:01:07] | Why don’t you help me lay the table? | 帮我摆桌子好吗? |
[2:01:17] | He’s really nice Ronnie, isn’t he? | 罗尼这人很好 是吧? |
[2:01:41] | Hello. I saw you through the window. | 你好 我透过窗户看到你们了 |
[2:01:43] | – Hello. – Hello, how are you? | – 你好 – 你好 进来好吗? |
[2:01:44] | – I’m fine, how are you? – I’m good. | – 我很好 你呢? – 我也不错 |
[2:01:46] | Katie, lovely to see you. | 凯蒂 很高兴见到你 |
[2:01:48] | Ahh, lovely to see you. | 啊 我也是 |
[2:01:49] | – How are you? – Fine. | – 过的好吗? – 很好 |
[2:01:51] | Mary’s here. | 玛丽来了 |
[2:01:53] | – Hello! – Aha! | – 你好 – 啊! |
[2:01:56] | We brought you some chocolates. | 我们给你带了巧克力 |
[2:01:57] | Good. Ha-ha! | 真好 哈哈! |
[2:01:58] | Oh, no, give them back! | 哦不 还给我! |
[2:01:59] | You’ll never see them again. | 你再也看不到它们啦 |
[2:02:01] | – Can I take your things? – Yeah, cheers. | – 帮你拿吧 – 哦 谢谢 |
[2:02:07] | Dear, dear. | 亲爱的 |
[2:02:09] | I’ve got the longest scarf in the world. Sorry. | 这是世界上最长的围巾 真不好意思 |
[2:02:12] | And a tea cosy on my head. | 还有我脑袋上的茶壶套 |
[2:02:14] | Come and meet Ronnie. | 来见见罗尼 |
[2:02:15] | – Oh, great. – Mary’s here. | – 哦 好啊 – 玛丽来了 |
[2:02:17] | Oh! | 哦! |
[2:02:19] | Hi, Katie. | 嗨 凯蒂 |
[2:02:19] | Hi, Mary. How are you? | 嗨 玛丽 你好吗? |
[2:02:20] | – Good, thanks. – Excellent. | – 挺好 谢谢 – 不错呀 |
[2:02:22] | – Hi, Joe. – Hi. | – 嗨 乔 – 嗨 |
[2:02:23] | Hi, you must be Ronnie. I’ve heard a lot about you. | 嗨 你就是罗尼吧 常听他们提起你 |
[2:02:26] | – It’s lovely to meet you. – Hello. | – 很高兴见到你 – 你好 |
[2:02:28] | – This is Katie. – My big brother. | – 这是凯蒂 – 我的大哥哥 |
[2:02:29] | – Ah, brilliant. – What are we having to drink? | – 啊 真好 – 想喝点什么? |
[2:02:31] | – I’ll have what everyone else is having. – Red wine for me. | – 你们喝什么我喝什么 – 我要红酒 |
[2:02:34] | – We’re having fish. – I’ll have white. | – 我们会吃鱼 – 那我要白酒 |
[2:02:36] | – I’ll have white wine as well, please. – Beer, Ronnie? | – 我也要白的 – 罗尼 喝啤酒吗? |
[2:02:38] | – Yeah. – White wine, Mary? | – 嗯 玛丽 – 你喝白的? |
[2:02:40] | – Yeah, please, if that’s all right? – I’ll do that, Gez. | – 好 方便的话 – 我去拿 |
[2:02:43] | I’ll get you a beer, Ronnie. | 我给你拿啤酒 |
[2:02:45] | So, I hear you’re a massive Derby fan, Ronnie. | 我听说你是德比郡队的忠实粉丝 |
[2:02:48] | – Er… yeah. – Great club. | – 额… 是 – 很好的俱乐部 |
[2:02:50] | I’m a Palace supporter myself, for my sins. | 我喜欢帕里斯 就这么迷上了 |
[2:02:53] | I still hope | 从某个角度说 |
[2:02:54] | we might crash back through to the Premiership, at some point. | 我还觉得我们有希望杀进英超冠军 |
[2:02:56] | What do you reckon to Derby’s chances? | 你觉得德比有希望吗? |
[2:02:58] | – I don’t know, not so bad. – Well, fingers crossed. | – 不知道啊 不会很差 – 祈祷吧 |
[2:03:11] | We met on our first day at university in Manchester. | 在曼彻斯特上大学的第一天我们认识了 |
[2:03:13] | Oh, your first day! | 哦 你的第一天! |
[2:03:16] | We were in the same halls of residence. | 我们住同一个宿舍区 |
[2:03:18] | – We met on the stairs. – Yeah. | – 在楼梯上遇到 – 对 |
[2:03:19] | I was falling down them, she was going up them. | 我从上面滚下来 而她正要上去 |
[2:03:21] | – I was falling up them. – Things haven’t changed, then. | – 我正要摔在上面 – 那也没什么进展 |
[2:03:26] | And Tom’s first job, when we left uni, | 之后是汤姆的第一份工作 |
[2:03:29] | was abroad for two years. | 毕业了我们在国外待了两年 |
[2:03:31] | Did you try not to take it personally? | 没试着公开吗? |
[2:03:34] | We came down to London, didn’t we? For about nine months. | 我们去了伦敦 是吧?待了九个月 |
[2:03:37] | I got my first geologist’s job | 在澳洲西部内陆区 |
[2:03:38] | in Western Australia in the outback. | 我找到了第一份地理学方面的工作 |
[2:03:41] | Right. | 对 |
[2:03:42] | It was him and a load of Australian cowboys. | 他和一群澳洲牛仔 |
[2:03:44] | It was like the Wild West out there. | 那里就像美国西部一样 |
[2:03:46] | Yeah, all cork hats and beers. | 全都是软木帽和啤酒 |
[2:03:48] | You’ve worked in Australia, Katie. | 凯蒂 你在澳洲工作过? |
[2:03:50] | Yeah, I worked in Sydney for a year. | 嗯 在悉尼工作过一年 |
[2:03:51] | I had a wonderful time. They know how to enjoy themselves, the Aussies. | 美好的一段经历 澳洲人很会享受生活 |
[2:03:55] | – Yes. – Oh, yeah. | – 是啊 – 嗯 |
[2:03:56] | And you came out and visited, didn’t you, my first Christmas holiday? | 圣诞节假期的第一天你来看我 记得吧? |
[2:04:00] | Yeah. We spent Christmas on the beach. | 嗯 我们在海滩上过的圣诞节 |
[2:04:02] | – Barbie on the beach? – Yeah. | – 在海滩上烤肉了? – 是啊 |
[2:04:03] | And when Tom had finished after two years, | 两年后 汤姆回来了 |
[2:04:06] | I joined him again and we… | 我们就在一起了… |
[2:04:07] | You went on your grand tour. | 你继续环游教育旅行 |
[2:04:09] | …we came back overland. | …我们回来了 |
[2:04:10] | Yeah. It took us seven months, I think. | 用了能有七个月吧 |
[2:04:12] | We got the boat from Fremantle to Singapore | 我们在弗里曼特尔 弄到去新加坡的船 |
[2:04:15] | and then Singapore to Malaysia and then onto Thailand. | 从新加坡去马来西亚 再转道去泰国 |
[2:04:18] | – Thailand. Burma. – And to India. | – 泰国 缅甸 – 然后印度 |
[2:04:21] | I’d love to go to India. | 我喜欢印度 |
[2:04:22] | We went trekking in Nepal. | 我们在尼泊尔长途跋涉 |
[2:04:23] | Nepal, trekking in Nepal. The beach at Goa. | 对 尼泊尔的长途跋涉 果阿邦的海滩 |
[2:04:26] | Wonderful, holiday of a lifetime. | 有生之年一个美妙的假期 |
[2:04:29] | Pakistan. | 巴基斯坦 |
[2:04:30] | – Afghanistan. Iran. – Turkey. | – 阿富汗 伊朗 – 土耳其 |
[2:04:32] | – Over to the Greek Islands. – Greek Islands. | – 穿过希腊群岛 – 希腊群岛 |
[2:04:35] | The wonderful thing was, because I’d been in… two years working in Australia, | 最棒的是我在澳洲工作过两年 |
[2:04:39] | and earning relatively good money, and nothing to spend it on, really. | 所以赚了一大笔钱 又没什么地方可花的 |
[2:04:42] | So, we didn’t have to do it on a really tight budget. | 于是我们就尽情挥霍 |
[2:04:46] | Some people could just hitch, | 有些人会搭顺风车 |
[2:04:47] | but we could get buses and trains. | 可我们能坐上巴士和火车 |
[2:04:49] | – Yeah, yeah. – It must have made a difference. | – 是啊是啊 – 绝对非同凡响 |
[2:04:52] | You’ve been to the Greek Islands, haven’t you, Mary? | 你去过希腊群岛吧 玛丽? |
[2:04:55] | – Yeah. – Which island was it? | – 嗯 – 哪个岛来着? |
[2:04:58] | – Corfu. – Yeah. | – 科孚岛 – 对 |
[2:05:00] | What were you doing on Corfu? | 在科孚岛上做什么了? |
[2:05:02] | Oh, I only ran a bar on the beach. | 在海滩上开酒吧 |
[2:05:04] | – You were a cocktail waitress? – Yeah. | – 鸡尾酒服务生? – 是 |
[2:05:07] | When are you going to Paris? | 你们什么时候去巴黎? |
[2:05:10] | Oh, a week on Friday. | 这周周五走 |
[2:05:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[2:05:12] | We’ve got an early start, 6:22 train. | 我们要起早赶6:22的火车 |
[2:05:14] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[2:05:15] | – Yeah. – We get in at Paris, what is it? | – 嗯 – 什么时候到来着? |
[2:05:17] | About quarter to ten? | 差15分10点吧 |
[2:05:18] | Yeah, 9:50. | 对 9:50吧 |
[2:05:19] | – Have breakfast by the Seine. – Have you got your hotel booked? | – 在塞纳河畔吃早点 – 订旅馆了吗? |
[2:05:23] | Yeah, we’ve got a lovely hotel. | 订了 是个很可爱的酒店 |
[2:05:25] | Very nice, yeah. | 真不错 |
[2:05:25] | – Beautiful. In the Marais area. – Oh, yeah? | – 景色很美 在玛蕾区 – 是吗? |
[2:05:28] | It will be brilliant for Christmas shopping. | 赶上圣诞节购物了 |
[2:05:30] | – When are you coming back? – On Sunday. | – 什么时候回来? – 周日 |
[2:05:33] | – Short weekend. – Not enough time to do all the things. | – 就一个周末啊 – 没时间样样都做 |
[2:05:35] | – We’ll cram it all in. – We’ll try. | – 我们只能囫囵吞枣了 – 尽量好好玩 |
[2:05:37] | – You can walk everywhere. – Yeah, yeah. | – 多到处走走 – 那当然 |