Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

Another Woman(另一个女人)[1988]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on June 16, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on Another Woman(另一个女人)[1988]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
电影名称:另一个女人
英文名称:Another Woman
年代:1988

推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 英文 中文
[00:20] If someone had asked me, when I reached my fifties, to assess my life, 当我50岁时 如果有人让我评价自己的一生
[00:24] I’d have said I’d reached a decent level of fulfilment, personally and professionally. 我会说 无论从生活还是事业角度讲 我都挺有成就感
[00:30] Beyond that, I would say “I don’t choose to delve.” 此外 我还想说 “我不想再钻研”
[00:32] Not that I was afraid of uncovering some dark side of my character. 不是说我怕暴露自己性格中的阴暗面
[00:37] But I always feel, if something seems to be working, leave it alone. 只是 如果真有那等事儿 我总想置之不理
[00:41] My name is Marion Post. 我叫马里恩·波斯特
[00:44] I’m Director of Undergraduate Studies in Philosophy at a women’s college, 我是女子学院哲学系的主任
[00:48] although right now I’m on leave of absence to begin writing a book. 目前正在休假着手写一本书
[00:53] My husband is a very accomplished physician, a cardiologist, 我丈夫是一位有名的内科医师 心脏病专家
[00:56] who some years ago examined my heart, liked what he saw and proposed. 他几年前给我查心脏 我们由此认识 他喜欢上了我 并向我求婚
[01:01] It’s the second marriage for us both, and he brought to it a 16-year-old daughter 这对我们都是第二次婚姻 他有一个16岁的女儿
[01:05] who lives with his former wife but visits us frequently. 跟她妈妈生活但常常到我们这边玩
[01:09] She’s a sweet girl who can be a little undisciplined at times, 她是一个可爱的女孩 有时有点儿任性
[01:12] and I’ve tried to take her under my wing as best I can. 我尽可能象对待亲生女儿那样保护她
[01:16] I also have a married brother. 我还有一个已婚的弟弟
[01:18] My mother died recently, but my dad’s still alive and healthy. 我母亲不久前去世 父亲仍然健在
[01:24] Not much else to say, except normally I write at home 我通常在家里写作 此外没有什么可说的了
[01:27] but construction noise next door has become so terrible, 只是隔壁的建筑噪音太大
[01:30] I subleased a one-room flat downtown as an office. 我便在市区租了一间公寓房当作写作室
[01:34] A new book is always a very demanding project 写一本新书常常是一件挺折磨人的活儿
[01:38] and it requires that I really shut myself off 需要作者抛开工作以外的所有事儿
[01:41] from everything but the work. 全心投入写作
[02:47] As I settled down to work that first morning, a strange thing occurred. 我去那儿的第一天早上 刚要开始写作时 一件奇怪的事情发生了
[02:55] Something about him just got to a deeper thing in me. 有关他的一些事情总缠着我 摆脱不了
[03:01] So this was my… my big experience with another man. My first one. 这是我跟…另一个男人发生关系的第一次经历 是我的第一次
[03:07] And I’ve never been able to get it out of my mind. I still have fantasies about it, 我总也摆脱不掉 不时会有些幻想
[03:13] which are sort of bugging me. 这挺让我心烦
[03:17] What do you mean, “fantasies”? (精神病专家) 你说的“幻想”是什么意思?
[03:20] Well, sometimes when I’m masturbating, or when I’m just… 恩 有时我在手淫或者做其它…的时候
[03:26] Well, sometimes when I’m… when I’m working, 恩 有时我在…在工作的时候
[03:31] I find myself thinking about Giles. 我发现自己总想着圣伊莱斯
[03:35] And, uh, it’s not that I’m not attracted to my wife any more. 我并不是说…我对我老婆没兴趣了
[03:39] I mean, I still am. I really am physically moved by her, and other women, but… 我是说 她依然吸引着我 从生理方面讲 我对她和其它女人仍然有兴趣
[03:44] While eavesdropping on the intimate revelations of a psychiatrist’s office 偷听精神病专家办公室里病人的心里秘密
[03:49] might be fascinating to some people, it was not exactly what I had in mind 可能对一些人挺有吸引力 可我当初租房时
[03:53] when I rented the place. 考虑的可不是这等事儿
[03:55] Well, um… 恩…
[03:59] I don’t really have to use him like a piece of pornography… 我真的不需要把他当作色情对象
[04:11] I worked hard all day, and the work came very slowly. 我从早到晚都很辛苦地工作着 可工作进展还是挺慢
[04:14] Beginning a book is always the most difficult part for me, 写好书的开头对我来说 常常是最困难的部分
[04:18] and by late afternoon I’d become tired. 那天到了下午晚些时候 我就觉得累了
[04:21] I lay my head down and closed my eyes, and I guess I dozed off. 我趴在桌子上 闭上眼睛 我想我可能打了个盹儿
[04:26] I don’t know exactly how long I was asleep, 我也不知道自己究竟睡了多久
[04:29] but one of the pillows must have slipped down off the vent, 可能是挡在通风口的一个枕头滑落了
[04:32] because I gradually became aware again of a voice. 因为我渐渐又听到了说话声
[04:36] It was a woman’s voice, and it was such an anguished, heart-wrenching sound 是一个女人的声音 相当的痛苦 有种撕心裂肺的感觉
[04:41] that I was totally arrested by its sadness. 以至我的心都被那种悲伤揪住了
[04:45] I just know that I woke up during the middle of the night. 我只知道自己会在半夜醒来
[04:52] And time passed, and there were strange shadows. 时间久了 就有一些阴影
[04:58] I began having troubling thoughts about my life. 我便开始对自己的生活产生了困惑
[05:02] Like there was something about it not real. 就好象生活中有些东西不真实了
[05:07] Full of deceptions. 充满了欺骗
[05:10] That these… these deceptions 而这些欺骗…
[05:13] had become so… so many, 变得越来越多 越来越多…
[05:16] and so much a part of me now, 而且那么多都跟我有关
[05:19] that I couldn’t even tell who I really was. 以至于我都不知道自己到底是谁了
[05:24] And suddenly I began to perspire. 然后我突然开始淌汗
[05:28] I sat up in bed with my heart just pounding. 我坐在床上 心抨抨地跳
[05:32] And I looked at my husband next to me, 我看看旁边睡着的丈夫
[05:36] and it was as if he… he was a stranger. 他对我来说…竟然好象陌生人一样
[05:41] And I turned on the light and I woke him up, 我打开灯 把他叫醒
[05:44] and I asked him to hold me. 让他抱紧我…
[05:50] And only after a long time did I finally get my bearings. 很长时间过去了我才找到了自己的方向
[05:55] But for one moment, earlier, 可之前有一个时刻
[05:58] it was as if a curtain had parted, 就象是窗帘打开了
[06:01] and I could see myself clearly. 我能清晰地看到自己
[06:05] But I was afraid of what I saw. 而且我很害怕自己看到的
[06:10] And what I had to look forward to. 我需要渴望什么…
[06:14] And I wondered… 我困惑着…
[06:17] I wondered about ending everything. 我不知道 我是否该结束生命 结束一切…
[07:01] Please, please. 别这样 别这样
[07:03] It is with a mixture of some joy, but mostly paralysing anxiety, 那种感觉有一些喜悦 但大部分还是一种近似麻木的忧虑
[07:10] that I hereby plunge into the big five-o. 然后我就去参加大聚会了
[07:18] I was, uh, I was fine till last week. 我一直都…还可以 直到上个星期
[07:22] Then my son said to me, “Gee, Dad, don’t your options begin running out?” 然后我儿子对我说 天呢 爸爸 你已经开始没有别的选择了吗?
[07:28] He’s very funny, my son. 我儿子挺好玩
[07:34] Marion, I was telling Lydia about your little adventure today. 马里恩 我刚刚了告诉莉迪亚 你今天经历的那个小插曲
[07:38] – Oh, yes. – Those new buildings are built so thin. – 恩 对呀 – 那些新房子的墙都建得太薄了
[07:41] – No, this is an old brownstone. – Well, there’s no privacy left. – 不是 那是老式的褐色砂石建筑 – 怎么说呢 都没有隐私了
[07:44] Last week Lydia and I were at home. It was a Sunday morning… 上周我和莉迪亚在家 那是周日的早晨…
[07:48] – Mark… – This is true. And we started kissing… – 马克… – 是事实嘛 我们开始接吻…
[07:51] – Mark! – And next thing we were on the floor… – 马克! – 然后就到了地板上…
[07:54] – Are you crazy? He’s drunk. – I was having her on the kitchen floor. – 你疯了吗?他喝多了 – 我在厨房地板上同她做爱
[07:58] The living room floor, the living room floor. 客厅地板上 客厅地板上
[08:01] – I gotta admit, it was a surprise. – Did it not happen that way? – 我得承认 这挺让人惊奇的 – 以前没有那样过吗?
[08:04] So the door opens, and the superintendent… he has the key… 然后门开了 房管…他有房门钥匙的
[08:09] – Oh, no. – Barges in. Some kind of plumbing leak. 噢 不 闯进来了 就有点儿象管道漏了
[08:13] And we are in flagrante delicto. 我们都一丝不挂
[08:15] You know what he does? He gets up, stark naked, and says “Mr Banducci, 你猜他怎么办的?他站起来 全身赤条 说 班都其先生
[08:19] this is not the pipe that needs fixing.” 这不是我们需要修理的管道
[08:22] That was quick, Ken. Could you have come up with anything that quick? – 我反应快吧! – 肯 换你的话 能有那么快的反应吗?
[08:26] – No. – That was grace under pressure. – 不能 – 那就是面不改色心不跳啊
[08:29] – Did he laugh? – Oh, no. – 你那样说 他笑了吗? – 哦 没有
[08:31] He turned very red and he crossed himself. 他顿时脸涨红了 然后赶紧祷告
[08:36] Sad. 可怜
[08:41] One good thing about becoming 50. You don’t have to do it again. 人到50岁的一件好事是 不用再这样做了
[08:52] I know. 我知道
[08:53] It’s Laura. She had another fight with her mother, wants to sleep at our place. 是劳拉 跟她妈又吵架了 想在我们这边过夜
[08:57] It’s not fair to Kathy. 可这样对凯西不公平啊
[09:01] Well, you tell her, cos once again I can’t get through to my daughter. 噢 你再来跟她说吧 我跟我女儿可讲不通
[09:05] I know. Just… hold on a minute. 我知道…先等一下啊!
[09:07] Will you talk to Marion? OK. 跟马里恩说几句好吗?好的
[09:12] Laura? This is not a good habit to get into. 劳拉?总跟妈妈吵架可不是一个好习惯
[09:15] You know your mother’s high-strung. She’s just gonna get frantic. 你知道你妈妈压力挺大 她只是有点过头了
[09:19] Well, it may not seem fair to you, but it’s up to you to deal with her moods. 哦 可能对你有点不公平 可你得学着去应对她的情绪
[09:26] Well, if she can’t, then you just have to rise above it. 哦 如果她办不到 你就得大度些 让着她点儿
[09:30] OK? I’ll see you at my father’s tomorrow. 好吧?明天一起去我爸爸家
[09:33] We’ll talk about it then. OK. 那时我们再细说 好吧
[09:36] Bye-bye. 再见
[09:38] She listens to you cos she looks up to you. Me, there’s no communication. 她听你的 因为她仰慕你 跟我 没有交流
[09:41] It’s just… It’s a terrible situation. 只是…情况有些糟 (钢琴弹奏“毕尔巴鄂之歌”)
[09:50] Hey. 嗨
[09:53] Take you back? 这音乐把你带回过去了吧?
[09:56] God, yeah. 啊 是啊
[10:09] Would you ever think of making love to me on the living room floor? 你有没有想过在客厅地板上同我做爱?
[10:16] Would you want me to? 你想让我那样吗?
[10:19] I don’t know. Would you want to? 我不知道 你想吗?
[10:23] I don’t know. 不知道
[10:27] Actually, I don’t think I see you as the hardwood floor type. 事实上 我觉得你不是那种硬地板类型的
[10:31] No? 不是?
[10:37] Hey, Ken, what are you doing in there? Have you eaten? 嗨 肯!你在那边干嘛?吃东西了吗?
[10:40] Hello, Lydia. Look, you know my wife pretty good. 嗨 莉迪亚 你挺了解我老婆是吧?
[10:43] Would you say that she was the type to enjoy sex on the living room floor? 你觉得她是那种想在客厅地板享受性爱的类型吗?
[10:47] – Ken! – Oh, my God. You know, you guys… – 肯! – 哦 天啊!你们这些男人啊…
[10:50] – I’m only teasing. – That was really embarrassing before. – 我开玩笑的 – 以前真是挺让人难堪的
[10:54] But not unpleasant if you don’t get splinters. 可并非不愉快 如果你没有为此崩溃的话
[11:01] Next morning I’d agreed to meet my sister-in-law who wanted to see me. 第二天早上我跟我的弟媳有约 她想见我
[11:06] I waited as long as I could, but when she didn’t show up I decided to leave. 我等了好长时间 可她还是没出现 我就打算离开
[11:10] – Marion. I’m sorry. – Oh, hi. – 马里恩 对不起 – 噢 嗨
[11:12] – I got stuck in traffic. – Oh. The thing is, I’m really late now. – 我堵车了所以晚了 – 噢 可我现在得走了 有其它事儿
[11:16] – Sorry. I just need a few minutes. – Well, I’m so behind schedule. – 对不起 给我几分钟就好 – 哦 可现在真的已经过了我的时间表了
[11:20] You said eight, and I waited, but I’ve gotta get going. 你说8点 我就等啊等啊 可我还有其它事儿啊
[11:23] – Stupid bus wouldn’t move. – Maybe some other time. – 可恶的公车就是走不动 – 我们再约时间吧
[11:26] I’ve gotta be disciplined when I’m writing, Lynn, or I’m not gonna get it done in time. 我写作期间得严格遵守时间表 林恩 否则就不能按时交稿
[11:32] I need to borrow some money. You know, Paul and I are getting a divorce. 我想借些钱 你知道 保罗和我目前正处在离婚阶段
[11:37] I heard. I’m sorry. 听说过 很遗憾
[11:39] – Are you? – Why do you say it like that? – 你真觉得遗憾? – 你怎么这样说话?
[11:44] Because… I know you never really approved of me. 因为…我知道你从未真正认可过我
[11:47] Why, I hardly know you. 怎么这样说 我都不怎么了解你
[11:50] It’s not from my lack of trying. 不是我没试着去了解你
[11:53] Oh, look, I know this must all be very upsetting to you. But, you know… 噢 听我说 这可能会让你伤心 可是 你知道…
[11:57] I’m sorry. 很遗憾
[11:59] If you needed money, how come Paul didn’t ask me? 你们要是真需要钱 怎么保罗不跟我说呢?
[12:03] Well… he wouldn’t. 哦…他不会说的
[12:06] Well, why not? He has before. 噢 为什么?他以前也跟我要过钱啊
[12:08] Marion, 马里恩
[12:10] don’t you know how he feels about you? 你不知道他怎么看待你吗?
[12:13] Sure. We’ve always been very close. 当然知道 我们关系一向很亲密
[12:17] You’re deluding yourself. 你那是在欺骗自己
[12:20] Of course, in a way he idolises you, but… 当然 从某种意义上说 他挺崇拜你 可是
[12:24] he also hates you. 他也同样恨你
[12:30] I’m sorry, I don’t accept that. 对不起 这点我不同意
[12:33] You’re such a perceptive woman. How can you not understand his feelings? 你是一个很聪明的人 怎么就不能理解他的感受呢?
[12:37] Look, um, I’m late, and… 听我说…恩…我已经晚了
[12:40] and, uh… 恩…
[12:42] to tell you the truth, I make it a practice of never getting into these conversations. 说实话 我已经告诉自己 不再进行此类性质的谈话了
[12:47] They’re fruitless, and people say things that they’re sorry for later. 这根本是没有意义的 人们总是过后去说一些于事无补的话
[12:51] Why don’t you just tell me how much you need and I’ll discuss it with Ken. OK? 你干脆直接告诉我你们需要多少钱 我回去跟肯商量一下 行吧?
[13:01] The encounter with my sister-in-law had left me angry, 同我弟媳的会面让我挺生气
[13:04] but I refused to let it interfere with my work. 可我不容许它打乱我的工作
[13:07] I had a reasonably productive day, but as late afternoon approached 那天我的工作进程还好 可傍晚来临时
[13:11] I began to feel anxious somehow. 我莫名其妙地开始觉得忧虑
[13:19] I really can’t believe I’m saying this. 真不敢相信我在说这样的话
[13:24] Lately I’ve had odd feelings about my marriage. 最近我对自己的婚姻总有一些奇怪的想法
[13:30] It’s as if it’s been… coming apart. 似乎它…开始破碎了
[13:34] And I’ve just been, in so many ways, denying it. 而我想方设法去否认
[13:40] I must admit, 我得承认
[13:42] I have moments when I question whether I made the right choice. 有时我会怀疑自己的选择是否是对的
[13:48] I’ve told you there was someone else once. 我跟你说过 之前还有一个人
[13:51] The last time I saw him was several years ago, 我最后一次见他是几年之前
[13:55] before I was married, at a party. 我结婚前夕的一次聚会上 (“罗曼史”)
[14:10] Stop it. Just stop it. This is just crazy. I’m marrying Ken, that’s all there is to it. 别这样 别这样 这太疯狂了 我就要嫁给肯了 所以才有这个聚会
[14:16] – How can you marry Ken? You love me. – I… what? You’re so conceited. – 你怎么能嫁给肯呢?你爱的是我 – 我…什么?你太自大了
[14:20] What makes you think that I love you? 你怎么会觉得我爱的是你?
[14:22] I know. There are some things one knows just so surely as… 我理解 有些事情… 人们只是太肯定了 以致于…
[14:28] Well, I-I… I’m… I… You’re wrong, and I’m sorry if I’ve misled you. 噢 我…我…你说错了 如果我让你误会了什么 我很抱歉
[14:32] – It’s you you’re misleading. – I’m surprised at you. – 你是在误导我 – 我真不理解你
[14:36] I mean, Ken is your close friend. 我是说 肯是你的好朋友
[14:39] I love everything about you, and I want you to come and live with me… 我非常爱你 爱你的一切 想让你跟我一起生活
[14:44] Stop it! Stop it. Right now. 别这样!住手!
[14:47] Marion? We’re toasting! 马里恩?我们在烤面包了!
[14:50] Just go away. 走开!
[14:55] To Ken and Marion on their big day next week. 祝贺肯和马里恩下周的大日子!
[15:00] And to Marion’s new book. German philosophy will never be the same. 也祝贺马里恩的新书出版 德国哲学因为你的书要有变动了
[15:04] Let’s hope not. 但愿不要这样
[15:06] You’ll go on for ever. Heidegger definitely got what he deserved. 你永远是对的 海德格 绝对得到了应有的待遇
[15:10] Hey, I’d like to propose a toast. 嗨 我想敬一杯酒
[15:12] To good health and happiness. 祝大家身体健康 万事如意
[15:16] – Aren’t you gonna drink to Marion? – Yes, why not? – 不跟马里恩喝一杯吗? – 当然要喝
[15:19] I drink to Marion with my eyes. 我深情地与马里恩共饮
[15:22] Smoothie. Old smoothie. 真会哄人开心啊!
[15:41] I was just returning some things. 我来还一些东西
[15:47] You could stop staring. 你们可以不盯着我看吗?
[15:49] I’m not a ghost. 我不是鬼
[15:53] Well, we did spend a few years together, had a child together, in this house. 噢 我们确实在这个房子里共同生活 过几年 还养了一个女儿
[15:58] I wish you’d called. 你来之前应该打个电话
[16:00] I’m not staying. Although some of these people used to be my friends too. 我不会留下的 虽然这其中有些人曾经也是我的朋友
[16:08] – Would you like a drink? – Kitty… – 要喝点什么吗? – 基蒂…
[16:10] Don’t panic, I’m not accepting. – 别怕!我又没同意
[16:13] These are artefacts from more civilised days between us. 这是我们从前友好相处时候收藏的工艺品
[16:18] I think perhaps you should just leave them and go. 我想你可以留下它们 然后走了
[16:21] Which one’s Marion? 谁是马里恩?
[16:24] – I am. – Kathy, this is in terrible taste, you know. – 我是 – 基蒂 这样不好 你不觉得吗?
[16:27] Oh, my ex-husband is an authority on taste! 噢 我的前夫可是位品位专家啊
[16:30] Now what does Emily Post say about adultery with a philosophy professor 现在 艾米丽·波斯特怎么看待 趁着妻子在医院做卵巣切割手术的时候
[16:35] in a Holiday Inn while his wife is in the hospital having her ovaries removed? 在假日旅馆里和一个哲学教授通奸?
[16:39] – OK, that’s enough. Now please leave. – Ah, jeez. – 噢 够了 请离开这里 – 啊 呀
[16:42] I realise that you’ve been hurt, and if I’ve done anything wrong I am sorry. 我知道你受过伤害 如果我曾经对不起你 我很抱歉
[16:47] Forgive me. I accept your condemnation. 请原谅我 我接受你的指责
[16:57] I’m so sorry. 很抱歉 (“虚构”)
[17:18] What can I say to change your heart? 我说什么能让你改变心意呢?
[17:22] I’m really amazed at you. 你这人真是不可思议
[17:25] He’s your friend. He’s just… He’s just had an embarrassing experience. 他是你的朋友 而且刚刚… 刚刚经历了一件很不愉快的事儿
[17:30] Yes, he is my friend. And I love him. 是的 他是我的朋友 我爱他
[17:33] But he’s a prig. He’s cold and he’s stuffy. 可他太一本正经了 既冷酷又乏味
[17:38] Can’t you see that? “I accept your condemnation.” Jesus! 你看不出来吗? “我接受你的指责”天呢!
[17:44] He handled a very difficult moment quite well. 他把一件难事儿处理得很好
[17:47] Oh, too well. Do you like that? 噢 处理得太好了 你喜欢吗
[17:50] He’s a snob. 他是个假正经
[17:52] He’s a wonderful man. 他是个很棒的男人
[17:55] And he’s… he’s a terrific doctor. 并且他…他是一个不错的医生
[17:59] He’s cultured and he’s honourable. 他有教养 受人尊敬
[18:02] I love to be with him. I… I… 我喜欢跟他在一起 我…我…
[18:05] – I love reading books with him, and… – It’s all up here. All up here. – 我喜欢跟他一块儿读书… – 想清楚 想清楚
[18:10] And he’s sexy. 而且他很性感
[18:12] Adultery in the Holiday Inn? Did they take a credit card? 在假日旅馆通奸? 他们带了信用卡吗?
[18:17] He would never try to undermine you. 他永远都不会诋毁你
[18:22] Even if he loved a woman passionately? 即使他强烈地爱上了一个女人?
[18:31] Maybe we should join the others. 或许我们应该跟大家呆一块儿
[18:33] Maybe I was wrong about you. 也许我看错你了
[18:37] – Maybe you’re two of a kind. – Maybe you had too much champagne. – 也许你只是太好了 – 也许你喝香槟喝多了
[18:41] Maybe this conversation is scaring you. 也许这个谈话让你害怕了
[18:44] I have to go. 我得走了
[18:47] Why don’t you do that? 你为什么要这样对我?
[18:57] I often wonder about real love. 我常常对真爱感到疑惑
[19:00] Or should I say, I… I keep myself from thinking about it. 或者 可以说 我…我尽量让自己不去想真爱
[19:05] – I don’t mean the kind I’ve experienced. – – 我不是指我经历的那些事情
[19:08] It’s deeper, much more intense. And then I become frightened. 它很深 很强烈 我觉得自己有些害怕了
[19:15] Because I feel too much… 因为我觉得太…
[19:25] – Hi. How are ya? – Fine. – 嗨!你好吗? – 还可以
[19:27] This is great, this is really nice. I like it a lot. So are you ready? 太棒了 好好噢 我喜欢这种感觉 准备出发了吗?
[19:31] – Sure. – I’m sorry, am I too early? – 可以 – 不好意思 我是不是来得太早了?
[19:33] – No. – So I’m here on time? OK, great. – 不 – 那么我来得正好?太好了!
[19:37] – You know your dad’s not coming? – Yes. I spoke with him. Are you all right? – 你知道你爸爸不去吧? – 是啊 我跟他谈过 你没事儿吧?
[19:42] – Me? – You just… – 我? – 你刚刚似乎…
[19:44] – No, sure, I’m fine. – OK. – 噢 不 我没问题 – 好吧
[19:46] All right, well, we should get going then, so we can beat the traffic. 好吧 那我们就应该出发了 再晚可能就堵车了
[20:04] I’ve gathered a number of your mother’s possessions and mementos. 我收拾了你妈妈留下的一些物品和纪念品
[20:08] Pictures, letters. 照片 信件
[20:11] You may as well have them. 你可以留着它们
[20:13] I just can’t seem to bring myself to throw them away. 我下不了决心把它们仍掉
[20:17] – Was it unbearable, the past few months? – I’ve managed to keep myself busy. – 过去的几个月您是不是觉得难以承受? – 我尽量让自己忙起来
[20:22] – I wish you’d consider moving to the city. – I’m fine right here. – 我希望你可以考虑一下搬去城里住 – 我在这儿就挺好的
[20:27] Clara comes in. She cleans and cooks for me the way she always has, 克拉拉来了 她象以前那样 为我整理东西 做饭
[20:32] so that’s no different. 所以跟以前也没有什么不一样
[20:34] Twice a year the board of the Smithsonian meets. 史秘斯俱乐部每两年聚会一次
[20:38] That gets me down to Washington, and takes up some of my time. 这可以让我在华盛顿待一段时间 打发一些日子
[20:46] I’m all right. I’m fine right here. 我挺好的 在这儿就挺好的
[20:49] But you want nothing around to even remind you of Mother? 可你不想周围有任何东西 能让你想起妈妈?
[20:53] Well, there are times when even a historian shouldn’t look at the past. 噢 有些时候 即使历史学家也不应该回望过去
[20:59] You think at your age you can meet someone and fall in love again? 您认为依您的年纪还能 遇到并爱上其他人?
[21:02] One hopes at my age to build up an immunity. 我这样年纪的人希望的是有免疫性
[21:09] Are you aware that Paul and Lynn are getting a divorce? 您知道保罗和林恩在离婚吗?
[21:13] Nothing Paul does would surprise me, and I’d much rather not hear about him. 保罗做的事从没让我感到惊奇过 我宁愿不知道他们的事儿
[21:17] – He’s had bad luck. – He’s had the same chances you’ve had. – 他运气不好 – 跟你当初的经历一样
[21:22] It’s just that he doesn’t have it inside him to stick with anything. 只是他内心深处从不知道对任何事情执着
[21:26] – I hope you’re not still giving him money. – No, just, you know, now and then. – 我希望你现在没有再接济他 – 没有 只是 偶尔而已
[21:31] I’ve salvaged him from more financial messes, 我曾经很多次把他从 经济困境中解救出来
[21:36] and I’ve spent more money doing it, than I care to tell you. 花的钱不计其数 有些我都没告诉你
[21:40] Someday he’ll defraud somebody in one of his so-called business ventures. 日后他可能在所谓的商业冒险中 欺骗到某些人
[21:46] And he’ll go to jail. 然后就坐牢去了 (大提琴和钢琴奏鸣曲2)
[21:52] I noticed you sort of gave me a disapproving look at dinner. 我注意到了你在吃晚饭时 朝我不赞同地看了一眼
[21:57] Well, I didn’t think it was very sensitive of you to ask my father 噢 我觉得你问我父亲 他的年龄是否能再爱
[22:01] whether at his age he could still fall in love. 是不明智的
[22:04] – Well, he didn’t take it badly. – No, but it just isn’t very tactful. – 噢 他并没把它看得很糟糕 – 不是 只是这个问题不太得体
[22:08] He’s old now. He doesn’t have to be reminded of it. 他现在老了 不需要被人提醒到这个话题
[22:11] I’m sorry. 很抱歉
[22:13] It’s OK, it’s just… 没关系 只是…
[22:16] Never mind, it’s… youth. 别多虑了 年轻人总会这样想
[22:19] Here are the photos. 来看照片吧
[22:22] And here’s my mother’s jewellery. Such as it is. 这是我妈妈的珠宝
[22:26] They were never ones for sentimental possessions. 它们不该挑起多愁善感的遐想
[22:30] Here’s her book of Rilke’s poems. 这是她的书 里克写的
[22:33] You know, she was the one who first introduced me to German poetry. 你知道 她是第一个引导 我看德国诗歌的人
[22:38] And there’s a picture of the house in the fall. 这是秋天拍的我们家的房子的一张照片
[22:41] That’s really nice. Oh, there we are in the kitchen. 真好看 这张是我们在厨房
[22:45] And there’s Clara. Look how young you were here, Clara. 那是克拉拉 看啊 克拉拉那时多年轻啊
[22:48] You were so good to us. I can still taste the cookies you used to bake. 你对我们真好 我仍记得你常做给我们吃的饼干的味道
[22:53] You used to sit up with us when we had those miserable colds. You were a saint. 我们被感冒折磨得睡不着觉时 你也陪着我们熬夜 你真是个圣人
[22:57] Oh, and here I am, older. I could go up to the spare room and paint for hours. 噢 这是我大一点的时候 我可以在备用室一连待几个小时来画画
[23:02] The time would just fly by when I was doing a picture. 我在作画的时候 时间也在飞快地流失
[23:05] And there I am with my friend Claire. You know, she became an actress. 那是我跟朋友克莱尔在一起 你知道的 她现在是演员
[23:09] We used to be so close, but I haven’t seen her in years. 我们过去非常亲密 几年都不见她了
[23:14] And there’s my mother. She loved strolling around the grounds. 那是我妈妈 她喜欢到林地散步
[23:19] She loved all beautiful things. She loved nature, music, poetry. 她喜欢所有美妙的事物 自然 音乐 诗歌
[23:24] That was her whole existence. 她从来与那些事物不可分割
[23:30] – Paul? I’d like to discuss something. – Yes, Dad? – 保罗?我跟你说点儿事儿 – 好的 爸爸
[23:34] I’ve had a talk with my brother Ben. 我跟我弟弟本谈过了
[23:38] And he has promised me that he will find a position for you next season in his firm. 他答应下个季度给你 在他的公司里谋个职位
[23:42] I don’t wanna work in a cardboard box factory. 我不想在纸箱厂工作
[23:45] – It’s paper products, Paul, not just boxes. – But I tried it once. I go nuts. – 他们还有纸制品 保罗 不光是造箱子 – 可我去过啊 真要疯了
[23:50] Paul… 保罗…
[23:52] There are some obligations one must accept. 有些义务必须要履行的
[23:56] This has not been a good year. 今年家境不怎么好
[23:59] Your mother is very ill, and I have decided to take time off 你妈妈病得不轻 我也想先放下工作
[24:03] to finish my study on the Continental Congress. 来完成对大陆委员会的研究
[24:06] It’s important that there is enough money to see that Marion can go away to college. 但我们得保证能有足够的钱 让马里恩去上大学
[24:11] I want her to take that scholarship. She is such a brilliant girl. 我想让她继续深造 她是个聪明的女孩
[24:14] But I had other plans. 可我有自己的计划啊
[24:16] I’m sure those plans included card-playing and time-wasting. 我肯定你的计划中包含打牌 浪费时间
[24:20] – That’s not fair. – Paul, your grades are mediocre. – 这不公平 – 保罗 你的成绩很普通
[24:24] It’s not because you’re not smart enough, it’s simply that you don’t apply yourself. 不是说你不聪明 只是你不好好学习
[24:29] I know. And Marion’s a genius. 我知道 而且马里恩是个天才
[24:33] She has the opportunity to go to Bryn Mawr. 她有去拜恩·莫尔学习的机会
[24:37] – Do you want to prevent her? – No. – 你想阻止她吗? – 不
[24:40] She’s going to be something. She’s got what it takes. There are no limits for her. 她将来会成材的 她已经学有所成了 她的前程无量
[24:46] If only I could stop her daydreaming in the woods with her beloved watercolours. 如果我能阻止她在树林里 做关于水彩画的白日梦就好了
[25:02] Paul? 保罗?
[25:06] What’s wrong? 怎么了?
[25:08] He’s making me go to work in the paper box factory. 他要让我去纸箱厂工作
[25:12] – Well, what do you wanna do? – I don’t know. – 噢 你想干什么呢? – 不知道
[25:15] Move out of the house, travel, find some interesting business, 从家里搬出去 去旅行 做一些有趣的事儿
[25:19] anything but work in a paper box factory. 在纸箱厂工作以外的任何事儿
[25:23] I hate him. Both of them. 我恨他 他们两个都恨!
[25:26] They live in their own worid. 他们只生活在自己的世界里 (“大提琴和钢琴奏鸣曲2”)
[25:51] – Is this close enough? – Yeah, I’m meeting Scott right up here. – 在这儿下车行吗? – 行!我就在这儿跟斯科特约着见面
[25:55] Why don’t you come? He’d love to meet you, and I’ve told him a lot about you. 为什么不一起去呢?他总想见你 我跟他讲了不少关于你的事儿
[25:59] Thank you, honey, but I’m really tired. 谢谢 亲爱的 可我真的累了
[26:03] – Can I take a rain check? – Come on, just for one beer. – 再过段日子好吧? – 来嘛 一起喝一杯啤酒就好
[26:05] It’s really early, and Dad’s not gonna be home yet. 天还早呢 爸爸还没回家呢
[26:09] Do you see someone? 你看见谁了吗?
[26:11] – I do. – Who? – 是的 – 谁啊?
[26:14] It’s just, uh… it’s an acquaintance of mine, it’s a woman I know. 只是…一个熟人 我认识的一个女人
[26:21] All right, well, thanks a lot. I had a terrific time. 好吧 谢谢你 我玩得挺开心
[26:25] – OK. – OK. Bye. – 好! – 再见!
[27:44] I forgot half of that speech tonight. 今晚预先准备的发言我忘了一半
[27:48] Marion. I… 马里恩…
[27:50] – Claire? – It’s you. It is you. It is. – 克莱尔? – 是你 真的是你!
[27:54] – Claire? I was just talking about you. – Yes? – 克莱尔?我刚刚还提到你呢 – 什么?
[27:57] I was going through old photos at my father’s house. What are you doing here? 我刚刚在我爸那儿看一些老照片 你在这边做什么?
[28:03] – I’m doing a play. And it’s closing, but… – You’re in a show? – 在演出 刚结束了… – 你在表演?
[28:07] Yes. I guess you don’t read the theatre section of the paper. 是啊 我猜你不怎么读报纸上 剧场演出那个版面
[28:10] Well, yes, I do, but I just had no idea. 噢 看的 只是我常常不记得看的什么
[28:15] I’m sorry, what am I doing? I’m sorry. This is my husband, this is Jack. 抱歉 我这是怎么了? 这是我丈夫 杰克
[28:19] – Marion Post. – Nice to meet you. – 马里恩·波斯特 – 很高兴见到你
[28:21] Oh, my goodness. Claire, I have wondered about you so often. 天呢 克莱尔 我经常想到你呢
[28:25] – Well, we live in Monterey now. – Really? Do you have time for a drink? – 噢 我们现在住在蒙特里 – 真的吗?有时间去喝点东西?
[28:30] – Sorry, we’re meeting some friends. – No, we have time till our appointment. – 不好意思 我们正要去见一些朋友 – 不 我们约会完再去见也不晚
[28:34] – Do we? – Oh, great. There must be a place here. – 可以吗? – 噢 太棒了 附近应该有可以聊天的地方
[28:37] – Come on, this way. Straight ahead. – I just… – 来 这边 直向前走 – 我刚…
[28:47] … Amnesty International and ACLU. Then they were on the same day. 国际特赦和美国国民自由联盟 在同一天入会
[28:51] Listen, you gotta be kidding me. Are you saying that you are 听我说 你在开玩笑吧? 你是说你是
[28:56] a member of Amnesty International and the American Civil Liberties Union? 国际特赦和美国国民自由联盟的成员?
[29:00] Marion always had the urge to save humanity, didn’t you? 马里恩一直有那种拯救人性的欲望 是吧?
[29:03] Just give me a flood or a famine. Ken too. 只给洪水或饥荒类的事件 肯也是
[29:06] – Where do you find the time? – It doesn’t work out all the time. – 你们哪有那么多时间? – 也不是一直都可以做下去
[29:09] And head of the philosophy department. It’s impossible. 你还是哲学系的主任 真不可思议啊!
[29:13] I took two years of philosophy, University of Chicago. 我在芝加哥大学上过两年哲学
[29:16] – They’ve got a great department. – It was good, before they made me leave. – 那里的哲学系挺棒 – 他们开除我之前挺棒
[29:21] And Claire, you never told me about this chapter in your life. 克莱尔 你从没跟我说过 你还经历过这样一些事儿
[29:24] – I thought I had. – We were so close. – 我说过吧 – 我们过去很亲密
[29:27] – It was clear she’d be a gifted actress. – No… – 那时毫无疑问 她会成为一名杰出的演员 – 不是…
[29:30] Don’t you believe her. This woman always had that flair. 别信她的 这个女人就有这么种才能
[29:34] Do you get to the theatre much? I guess not with your schedule. 你常去剧院吗? 依照你的时间表 我想不会吧
[29:38] I do. My husband really prefers the opera, but there’s so little to see. 我常去的 我丈夫爱看歌剧 可总没那么多歌剧看
[29:42] – I used to be a devoted Brechtian. – I staged some Brecht. – 我过去是个布莱希特迷 – 我演过他的戏剧
[29:46] – Did you? – Yes. Mother Courage. – 是吗? – 是啊“勇敢的母亲”
[29:48] – Not the one here? – Yes, the one here. Did you see it? – 是在这儿演的吗? – 是啊 就是在这儿的 你看过?
[29:51] Sure I saw it. That’s the most intelligent rendering of that play I’ve ever seen. 我当然看过 那是我所看过的 这部戏剧最好的翻译作品
[29:56] – That’s sweet of you. – I had problems with the translation. – 你真会说话 – 但我觉得翻译还是有点问题
[29:59] Some of the speeches could have been a little better. 有些言辞还有待改善
[30:02] – Exactly. The translation was awkward. – But you did a terrific job. Really terrific. – 确实 翻译挺遭 – 但你做得很棒!真的很棒!
[30:07] Hey, hey. Hey. 喂 喂 喂!
[30:10] Look at me once in a while. I’m your wife, not her. 偶尔也看看我 我是你的妻子 不是她
[30:13] Huh? 恩?
[30:14] You’ve been hanging on her every word since we sat down. 自从我们坐下 她说的每一个字你都言听计从
[30:17] You’re embarrassing me. 你真让我难堪!
[30:19] Jack is very impressed by certain things which I apparently cannot give him. 杰克对某些事情很感兴趣 显然我给不了他那些东西
[30:23] Claire, take it easy. 克莱尔 放松点儿
[30:24] Do you deny he’s been looking into your eyes for over an hour? 他盯着你看了一个多小时 这点儿你不能否认吧?
[30:29] – I don’t think you heard one word I said. – You’re a little drunk. – 我说的话你一个字都听不进去 – 你有点儿醉了
[30:33] – If you’d rather be alone with her… – Claire, stop it, this is foolish. – 如果你想跟她单独相处… – 克莱尔 别说了 你真傻
[30:37] – We’re just having a nice chat. – Don’t. Don’t play innocent with me. – 我们只是聊得挺愉快 – 别 别跟我装嫩
[30:41] – This wouldn’t be the first time. – Stop this. – 这不是第一次了 – 住口!
[30:43] – What does that mean? – Let’s go, Claire. Sorry, Marion. – 你这么说是什么意思? – 咱们走吧 克莱尔 抱歉 马里恩
[30:46] We’ve been in this situation before, 我们以前也出现过这种状况
[30:48] where you so innocently wound up causing me to doubt my whole life. 你那么无辜的演技 甚至让我开始怀疑自己生活的意义
[30:52] Claire, you’re being awfully theatrical. 克莱尔 你刚刚太入戏了
[30:55] I don’t know what you’re talking about. 我真不知道你在说什么
[30:58] We didn’t just drift apart, Marion. I withdrew. 我们不是偶然分开了 马里恩 是我躲开你了
[31:03] – You’re not talking about David? – Then you do know. – 你不会是在说有关大卫的事吧? – 看来你知道啊
[31:07] – I know I never had any interest in him. – But you knew how much I cared for him. – 我知道我对他从未感兴趣过 – 可你知道我多么在意他
[31:11] I had nothing to do with him. And I never gave him a shred of encouragement. 我跟他一点关系都没有 我也从未给过他一丁点儿的暗示
[31:17] That’s not true. 不是这样的
[31:18] Your conversations were full of subtle flirtations, full of meaningful little looks, 你们的谈话总有那么多微妙的调情意味 那么多深情的眼神
[31:24] and… little gambits designed to seduce. 还有…打算引诱他的小话题
[31:30] That’s so untrue. 完全不是这样的
[31:33] And you’ve held that against me? 你当时可以跟我指出来啊
[31:35] He couldn’t see anything except how infatuated he was with you. 他当时除了深深被你吸引之外 听不进任何话
[31:39] We never spent a single moment alone. I never had anything to do with him. 我们从未单独呆过 我跟他一点关系都没有
[31:43] And I say you seduced him. You just… you turned it on whenever he was around. 我知道你勾引过他 你只是… 只要他在旁边 你就想法吸引他
[31:48] Maybe you didn’t even know that you were doing it. 也许你甚至都不知道你在那样做
[31:51] Claire, let’s get off the subject. 克莱尔 别谈这个话题了
[31:54] I must have seemed very bland to him after you. 跟你相比 我对他来说一定是非常沉闷
[31:57] This is nonsense! To have backed off of a close friendship because of a fantasy? 这真是荒唐!你就因为自己的遐想 而刻意避开一个好朋友
[32:02] I’m sure I brought it on myself. I was so proud of you. 我知道我是自找的 我那时很以你为骄傲
[32:05] You were my best friend. You were so witty and so quick, and I was so naive. 你是我最好的朋友 你思维敏捷 反应很快 而我挺幼稚无知
[32:11] Of course you would want David to fall for you. He was exceptional. 你当然想让大卫爱上你 他与众不同
[32:14] I refused his overtures. I told him he was with you and it was out of the question. 我拒绝了他 我告诉他他在跟你约会 跟我不可能
[32:19] – By that time you had what you wanted. – That’s absurd. – 那时你已经得到自己想要的了 – 这太荒唐了
[32:23] I really believe that you may not have realised what you were doing. 我真的相信你那时没有意识到 自己在做什么
[32:27] This is outrageous. You should never drink. 真是没法儿忍受 你真不该喝酒
[32:31] I swear to you, it was never in my mind. Not consciously or subconsciously or… 我向你发誓我从未有过那样的想法 有意识的或无意识的都没有
[32:36] Think about it. Just think about it sometime. You should be the actress. 想想看 偶尔想想看 应该让你来做演员
[32:51] When I got home Ken was asleep. I was too shaken up to go to bed. 我回家时肯已经睡着了 我太清醒了 没法儿入睡
[32:56] The incident with Claire had left me edgy and uncomfortable. 关于克拉拉的那件事儿让我既烦躁又不爽
[33:00] I thought if I read for a while it might relax me. 我想看会书可能能放松点儿
[33:03] I thumbed through my mother’s edition of Rilke. 我翻了翻母亲那本里克的书
[33:07] When I was 16 I had done a paper on his poem about the panther, 我16岁时作过一篇论文 是关于他描写豹的一首诗
[33:12] and on the image that the panther saw as it stared out from its cage. 关在笼子里的豹瞪着外界的那种神情
[33:16] And that image, I concluded, could only be death. 我觉得 是死亡的神情
[33:22] Then I saw my mother’s favourite poem, 然后我又看了母亲最爱的一首诗
[33:25] “Archaic Torso of Apollo”. “阿波罗遗作”
[33:30] There were stains on the page, which I believe were her tears. 书上有些污点 我想是母亲的眼泪
[33:36] They fell across the last line. 它们滴在诗的最后一行
[33:40] “For here there is no place that does not see you. “ 因为这儿没有哪一个地方看不到你
[33:46] “You must change your life.” “你必须换个活法儿”
[33:52] You got in late last night. 昨晚睡得很晚吧?
[33:54] I ran into an old friend. 遇上一个老朋友
[33:57] Then I didn’t sleep. I don’t think I closed my eyes for ten minutes. 然后我就睡不着了 我觉得十分钟都没睡到
[34:01] I don’t know how you do it. I’d collapse. 不知道你怎么办到的 换我的话 要虚脱了
[34:04] We’re going to the concert with Mark and Lydia tonight. 我们今晚要跟马克和莉迪亚去音乐会
[34:07] I’m good for today, it’s tomorrow I’ll feel it. 今天还可以 明天就得考虑考虑了
[34:12] Yeah, but tomorrow we’re going to Tom and Eleanor’s for dinner. 明天我们得去汤姆和埃莉诺家吃晚饭
[34:15] And Friday, Mark and Lydia are taking us out for our anniversary. 星期五马克和莉迪亚带我们 出去庆祝结婚周年
[34:20] – Is it our anniversary already? – Yeah. Goes quickly, doesn’t it? – 已经到结婚纪念日了? – 是啊 快吧?
[34:27] What’s the matter? 怎么了?
[34:29] I don’t know. 不知道
[34:32] What is it? 到底怎么了?
[34:35] Well, you know, shouldn’t we spend our anniversary alone? 噢 你看 我们单独过周年纪念日怎么样?
[34:38] We could go to the restaurant where we had our first night together. 我们可以去第一次在一起时住的那家旅馆
[34:42] In Philadelphia? 去费城?
[34:49] Hold me. 抱着我
[34:54] Hey. 怎么了?
[34:58] Honey. 亲爱的
[35:02] I’ve already found your present. 我已经收到礼物了
[35:11] Did I seduce you away from your wife? 是我引诱你离开你妻子的吗?
[35:17] No, I seduced you, don’t you remember? 不是 是我引诱你的 不记得了?
[35:21] Then I was worried in case you wouldn’t consider me because I was married. 我那时候还担心你会不会不理我 因为我结婚了
[35:27] Well… 嗯…
[35:29] So how was it with Laura last night? You know that kid idolises you. 昨天晚上跟劳拉过得怎么样 那个孩子很崇拜你
[35:33] Yeah. 是
[35:36] I’d better get going, I guess. I have to stop at the library on my way downtown. 我得走了 半路得去一趟图书馆
[35:40] OK. 好的
[36:02] You’re silent today. 你今天不怎么说话
[36:05] Usually you’re quite talkative. 你是个健谈的人啊
[36:09] Yeah, I… I-I have nothing to say. 对 我…我没有什么说的了
[36:15] Mm-hm. 嗯
[36:25] I… That is, I have nothing to report. 我是说…该说的都说完了
[36:31] Are you angry? 你生气吗?
[36:35] No, not that I’m aware of. 不 我觉得没有
[36:38] But you have nothing to say? 那你怎么会没话说了
[36:42] No. 是没话说了
[37:49] She saw us, Scott. I asked you to lock the door. 她看到我们了 我不是告诉你要锁门吗?
[37:52] You said they were walking in the woods. 你不是说他们在树林里散步吗?
[37:54] Dad said he was uncomfortable about us being here for the weekend, 爸爸说我们在这儿过周末 他感到不舒服
[37:59] and I tried to explain, make him trust me, and I said it would be all right, and this… 我跟他解释了 让他相信我 说不会有事的 这…
[38:04] – Come on, I’m sure she’s sophisticated. – Yeah, you don’t know Marion. – 不会的 我相信她会通情达理的 – 你不了解马里恩
[38:07] – I thought you said she was pretty hip. – Yeah, she is, she’s great. She’s… – 我记得你说过她很聪明 – 对 没错 她很聪明 她…
[38:12] She’s great. She… I dunno, it’s just that she’s, um… 是个很棒的人 她…我不知道 她只是有点…
[38:17] She’s a little… judgmental. 喜欢评判别人
[38:19] You know? She sort of stands above people and evaluates them. 你知道吗?她好像总是高高在上 喜欢评价别人
[38:25] I’ve heard her make remarks about her brother, and… 我听她说过她弟弟 我觉得…
[38:28] I always think that she’s gonna judge me that way. I dunno. 总觉得她也会那样来评价我 我也说不清楚
[38:32] I just… Now I feel really cheap for some reason. 我只是 不知道怎么感到自己没有价值
[38:37] – Cheap? – Yes. – 没有价值? – 对
[38:39] – Cheap? – Yes. – 没有价值? – 是
[38:40] – I thought it was very romantic. – It was. – 我觉得这是浪漫 – 是啊
[38:43] With the fire, and the wine… 我们有篝火 有酒…
[38:46] Yeah. It was. 对 没错
[38:50] I couldn’t work any more that day. 那天我再也写不下去了
[38:53] I felt I needed some fresh air. 我觉得需要呼吸一点新鲜空气
[38:57] I walked the streets aimlessly, just trying to put some jumbled thoughts in order. 我漫无目的的在街上走 整理一下混乱的思维
[39:03] I don’t know how long I wandered, 我不知道自己走了多长时间
[39:05] but when I looked up I was quite far from my writing room. 等我再抬起头来的时候 已经离我的房子很远了
[39:27] What’s happened? 怎么了?
[39:30] I don’t know. 我不知道
[39:34] Well, what are you doing here? 你来这儿干什么?
[39:41] – Something must be wrong. – Oh, don’t say that. – 肯定出什么事了? – 没有 没有什么事
[39:46] Marion, you don’t seek out my company very often. 马里恩 你一般不会来找我的
[39:51] You must need something. 你想要什么?
[39:53] Yes, I do need something. 我是想要点东西
[39:56] Only I don’t know what it is, exactly. 但是我也不知道具体是什么
[40:00] – Well, what do I have I could offer? – You can be honest with me, Paul. – 我能为你做点什么 – 你需要你对我说实话 保罗
[40:05] You and I were so close when we were young. 我们小的时候可是无话不说
[40:10] How honest do you want me to be? 你想让我说什么实话
[40:13] It was just today that I realised how long it’s been since we’ve even spoken. 我只是今天忽然意识到 我们有多久没有好好聊聊了
[40:18] Well… 是吗…
[40:20] I gave up pursuing you when I realised how uncomfortable it made you feel. 当我意识到我继续追着你跑 会让你很不舒服 我就放弃了
[40:25] – That’s not true. – Don’t deny it. Come on, Marion. – 不是这样的 – 不要否认 就是这样 马里恩
[40:32] You know… 你知道…
[40:35] I realised… that I disappointed you. 我知道…我让你失望了
[40:39] And worse, I realised that I embarrass you. How I live and who I marry, and… 甚至让你感到不安了 不管是我的生活方式还是婚姻
[40:45] Of course, that’s falling apart now, so we don’t have to worry about it. 但是我们已经有了不同 的生活 也就没什么了
[40:50] She wants me to work for Cousin Andrew. 她希望我到库辛·安德鲁公司工作
[40:58] But she’s right, you know, because I never have supported her and the kids properly. 她是对的 我确实从未为她 和孩子尽到应有的责任
[41:03] Well, would that be so awful? Working for Andrew? 为什么就不能去工作? 安德鲁公司有什么不好?
[41:09] You used to say that. 你过去也说过
[41:11] I know. I know I did, but… 我知道 我是说过
[41:14] – Times change. – Yeah, they certainly do. – 不过一切都改变了 – 没错
[41:19] Do you remember, some years ago, 你还记得几年以前
[41:22] when I, uh, I showed you something I’d written? You remember what you said? 那时候我给你看我写的东西 你记得你说的话吗?
[41:27] No, I don’t remember. I was probably just trying to be truthful. 不 我不记得了 可能只是说了实话吧
[41:32] Yes, I’m sure. You said “This is overblown.” 没错 我想是实话 你说“太华而不实”
[41:37] “It’s too emotional. It’s maudlin.” “感情太过于丰富 太伤感”
[41:39] “Your dreams may be meaningful to you, but to the objective observer they’re…” “你的梦想或许对你自己有意义 但对于旁观者来说…”
[41:45] “It’s so embarrassing.” “会让人不安”
[41:48] I said that? 是我说的?
[41:50] Exactly your words. 你的原话
[41:55] So I try not to embarrass you… 所以我不会让你不安的
[41:58] any more. 再也不会了
[42:05] I should go. 我得走了 (G大调第四交响乐)
[42:28] I’ve spent all afternoon trying to think of a great place to take you two 我想了一个下午要帮你们俩找个地方
[42:32] to celebrate your anniversary on Friday. 庆祝你们星期五的结婚纪念日
[42:34] What’s wrong with the hotel in Philadelphia 费城旅馆有什么不好
[42:37] where you had your first illicit moments of passion? 你们可是在那里度的蜜月
[42:41] – You see? He thinks like you think. – He drinks, not thinks. – 看到了吧?他想的跟你想得一样 – 他喝酒可以 想法不见得高明
[42:45] I should drink. I should drink. If I ever started drinking… This is not drinking. 我应该喝酒 应该多喝酒 如果让我多喝一点 可就不是这样了
[42:51] Excuse me, I’m sorry to disturb you, but… 打扰一下 对不起打断你们…
[42:55] I was a pupil of yours 20 years ago. Vermont? 我是你的学生 那是20年以前 在佛蒙特
[42:59] Cynthia Frank? You probably won’t remember, but… 我叫辛西娅·弗兰克 你可能不记得了
[43:02] Yes, I do. I do remember you. 我记得 我确实记得你
[43:04] – You changed my life. – I did? – 你改变了我的人生 – 是吗?
[43:06] You… she was the inspiration for every woman in the philosophy department. 你…她给了哲学系的所有女生很大的教益
[43:11] – That’s very kind of you. – I still remember the lectures so clearly. – 谢谢你 – 我还清楚的记得你上的课
[43:15] There was a particular talk you gave on ethics and moral responsibility that… 有一堂课是关于道德责任的课
[43:21] Well, your ideas were amazing to me, and they’re still amazing to me. 你的观点对我有很大的启发 到现在都是
[43:28] Well, didn’t mean to interrupt, but I wanted to tell you. 对不起 我不是故意打扰你们的 只是想告诉你
[43:31] I’ve seen you here before, and I never was able to say that you changed my life. 我以前就在这儿见过你 但是一直不敢告诉你 是你改变了我的一生
[43:36] Thanks. 谢谢你
[43:37] Hey, all right. All right. Well done. 嘿 真好 真的不错
[43:41] Do you remember that lecture? It’s terrific that she just turned around and… 你还记得上过的那堂课吗? 她竟然能转过身跟你说这样的话…
[43:47] It’s very touching. 真让人感动
[43:50] I had spent a second sleepless night, and the following day at work I felt it. 第二天晚上我又一夜没睡 白天开始工作马上就感觉到了
[43:56] I couldn’t write at all, and what little I did try was forced. 根本不能写东西 写的东西都是 拼命从脑子里挤出来的
[44:00] Usually I can’t sleep in the day, but I was exhausted. 通常我白天不会睡觉 但是那天实在太累了
[44:04] I closed my eyes for a few minutes, and that’s when the dream must have come. 我闭了一小会儿眼 然后就开始做梦
[44:11] You’re not gonna say anything? 你还是什么都不说吗?
[44:16] You haven’t said a thing, and your hour’s almost up. 你一直没说话 时间快到了
[44:22] I don’t believe you have nothing to say. 我不相信你没有话说了
[44:27] I think it’s because you’re angry. 我觉得你是生气了
[44:31] Too choked with rage to speak. 愤怒让你说不出话
[44:34] What is it that enrages you? 是什么让你这么愤怒
[44:44] Life. 生活
[44:47] – Life? – The… the universe. – 生活? – 整个世界
[44:51] The cruelty, the injustice. 残忍 不公平
[44:54] The suffering of humanity. 人类的痛苦
[44:57] Illness, ageing… death. 疾病 年老…死亡
[45:00] All very abstract. “Humanity.” Don’t worry about humanity all the time. 这些太抽象 “人类” 不要担心什么人类的问题
[45:05] Get your own life in order. 先要安排好自己的生活
[45:08] – Yeah. – We’ll continue this tomorrow. – 好的 – 我们明天继续吧
[45:18] What would you say she was suffering from? 你知道她为什么而痛苦吗?
[45:21] – Self-deception. – Good. It’s a little general. – 自欺欺人 – 没错 但有点太概括
[45:26] – I don’t think she can part with the lies. – No? Too bad. – 但她永远了摆脱不了谎言 – 是 太糟了
[45:31] – Not that she doesn’t want to. – It’s precisely that she doesn’t want to. – 并不是她不想 – 确实是因为她不想
[45:35] When she wants to, she will. 等她希望摆脱的那一天就没事了
[45:38] – It’s all happening so fast. – I have to hurry. – 一切都太快了 – 我得抓紧时间
[45:41] I’m trying to prevent her from killing herself. 我要阻止她自杀
[45:45] – You don’t think she would? – She’s already begun. – 你觉得她要自杀? – 她已经开始了自杀了
[45:49] – She has? – Oh, not very dramatically. – 是吗? – 不会很突然的
[45:51] That’s not her style. She’s doing it slowly and methodically, 她不是那样的人 会慢慢的 一步一步地来
[45:55] and has been since she was very young. 从很小的时候她就在准备了
[45:58] Now, if you’ll pardon me, I have another patient. 对不起 我还有一个病人
[46:19] Now that my life is… 我的人生马上…
[46:21] drawing to a close, 就要结束了
[46:24] I have only regrets. 现在我心里只有懊悔
[46:27] Regrets that the woman I shared my life with 我懊悔的是跟我生活了 一辈子的那个女人
[46:32] is not the one I loved the most deeply. 并不是我最爱的女人
[46:36] Regrets that there is no love between my son and myself. That is my fault. 懊悔我跟我儿子之间没有爱 那都是我的错
[46:42] Regrets that perhaps I’ve been too severe with my daughter, 懊悔我对女儿太严厉了
[46:48] too demanding, that I haven’t given her enough feeling. 要求太苛刻 没有给她足够的同情
[46:55] But I was so unhappy myself, 我感到很痛苦
[46:58] so caught up in those stupid studies of historical figures. 一直崇拜那些什么伟大的历史人物
[47:05] Even though I have achieved some eminence in my field, 虽然我在自己的领域取得了一定的成就
[47:10] I asked too little of myself. 但是我对自己的要求很少
[47:15] Suddenly the dream shifted and I found myself on a street that was familiar. 忽然间 梦转到了我很熟悉的一条大街上
[47:20] It seemed to be where I had run into Claire, in front of the theatre. 好像是我碰到克莱尔的地方 就在剧院前面 (古典音乐)
[47:38] – What’s going on? – Come on in. It’s OK. – 怎么了? – 进来吧 没事
[47:42] Would she like to observe the rehearsal? Claire is such a good actress. 你愿意看看我们排练吗? 克莱尔是个很棒的演员
[47:47] She plays innumerable roles. 她演过很多角色
[47:50] Would you ever think of making love to me on the living room floor? 你想过在客厅地上跟我作爱吗
[47:53] – Would you want me to? – I don’t know. Would you want to? – 你想让我这么做吗? – 我不知道 你想吗?
[47:57] Well, somehow I’ve never seen you as the hardwood floor type. 我觉得你不是这种类型的人
[48:01] No. That’s a pretty insulting thing to say. 这样说可是对我的侮辱
[48:05] It’s you that’s the type not to make love anywhere but in bed with the lights out. 你才是那种只能在卧室关灯作爱的人
[48:10] – Now who’s being insulting? – I suppose you’ll undress and go to bed. – 到底是谁在侮辱人? – 你希望你拖了衣服到床上去
[48:14] Well, it’s 1am. 现在是下午一点
[48:17] Let’s try being honest. There’s not much passion left in this marriage, is there? 我们说实话吧 我们的婚姻已经 没有多少激情了 是吧?
[48:24] – Is there not? I haven’t noticed. – Don’t be so aloof. – 没有了吗?我没有注意到 – 别装得这么超脱
[48:27] I’m trying to tell you something. It’s not erotic any more. 我是要告诉你 我们之间已经没有欲望了
[48:30] – Well, was it ever? – Was it not? – 真的是这样吗? – 不是吗?
[48:34] Marion, I’m tired. 马里恩 我累了
[48:36] We rarely sleep together any more, and when we do it’s by the book. 我们很少一起睡了 就算一起 也是在一堆书旁边
[48:39] It’s the same routine. I know what you’re going to do and in what order. 一切都习惯了 我知道你要做什么 怎么去做
[48:44] Yeah, it’s true, we are both creatures of routine. Now can we go to sleep? It’s late. 对 没错 我们都是习惯的动物 睡觉吧 很晚了
[48:49] And could you please try not to toss and talk in your sleep? 睡觉的时候时候能控制 一下不要翻身 不要说话吗?
[48:55] Last night you kept saying “Larry”. I assume you dreamed about Larry Lewis. 昨天晚上我听到你一直在叫“拉里” 是梦到拉里·刘易斯了吧?
[49:00] At the mention of Larry Lewis’s name, 听到他说拉里·刘易斯的名字
[49:02] I experienced odd feelings of melancholy and longing. 我感到一种奇怪的感觉 忧郁和渴望
[49:08] I wanted to weep in the dream, 在梦里我想哭
[49:10] but the tears wouldn’t come. 但是却哭不出来
[49:14] – Are you married? – Yes. You knew I got married. – 你结婚了吗? – 是 你知道我结婚了
[49:20] Oh yes. 哦 对
[49:22] Yes, I had heard that. 是 我听说了
[49:24] Larry wants us to move back to New York, but I don’t. 拉里希望我们搬回纽约 我可不想
[49:28] We’ve had such a nice time in Santa Fe. 在圣达菲过得挺好的
[49:31] – Are you happy? – I’m happy. – 过得幸福吗? – 很幸福
[49:35] Why don’t I leave you two? I’m sure you have a lot to talk about. 你们俩聊聊吧 应该有很多说的
[49:44] I see your by-line now and then in magazines. 我不时能在杂志上看到你写的文章
[49:48] Did you read my novel? 你读过我的小说吗?
[49:50] I have it, but I am embarrassed to say I haven’t read it yet. 我有你的小说 但是确实没读过
[49:55] You inspired one of the characters. 有一个角色是为你写的
[49:57] Oh? 是吗?
[50:00] – I hope you weren’t too rough on me. – No. I wrote of you with great love. – 希望你不会对我太苛刻 – 没有 我是带着爱去写的
[50:07] Your wife is lovely. 你妻子很可爱
[50:09] Yes. I met her right after you said goodbye to me. 你跟我说分手以后我就找了她
[50:12] Her name’s Jennifer. She’s also quite a good writer. 她叫詹妮佛 也是个很棒的作家
[50:17] – Do you have any children? – Yes. – 你们有孩子吗? – 有
[50:20] We have a daughter. 有一个女儿
[50:22] It’s been the greatest, most beautiful experience of my life. 那是我一生中最美好 最幸福的一段时光
[50:36] Do you ever think of me? 你有没有想过我?
[50:38] Do you ever think of me? 你想过我吗?
[50:41] Once in a while. 偶尔会
[50:45] I hope you’re happy with Ken. 我希望你跟肯过得幸福
[50:48] I ran into him on the street not too long ago. He must have told you. 我几天前还在街上看到他了 他应该告诉你了
[50:53] I think of you more than once in a while. 我经常会想你
[50:56] But without regret. Please, don’t tell me you have any regret. 没有后悔吧 告诉我你没有后悔
[51:01] Darling, come here for a moment. I want to show you a beautiful sunset. 亲爱的 过来一下 看看多漂亮的日落
[51:06] Which character in your novel did I inspire? 你的小说里那个角色是为我写的
[51:09] Hlenka. I gave you a beautiful name. Hlenka. 海琳凯 我给你取了一个 很好听的名字 叫海琳凯
[51:13] I described our times together. 我描述了我们在一起的时光
[51:15] You’ll recognise it. 你能读出来
[51:18] I have to go now. 我得走了
[51:20] My wife needs me. 我妻子需要我
[51:30] Marion, please, don’t cry. 马里恩 不要哭
[51:33] Although I am glad to hear our little scene is moving. 我们这一幕还是很感人的
[51:36] – I’d like to go home. – And you will. – 我想回家 – 好吧
[51:40] I just thought you might like to see our second act finale. 我还以为你会看完 我们的最后一场呢
[51:44] Your first husband’s suicide scene. 是你第一任丈夫自杀的场景
[51:47] It’s touching. 很感人
[51:50] Sam was not a suicide. 山姆不是自杀的
[51:52] How do you know? It was 15 years after you divorced. 你怎么知道 那是你们离婚15年以后
[51:57] He died in his sleep from mixing pills and alcohol. 他是睡觉的时候死去的 喝酒太多又吃了药
[52:02] I was at his funeral. 我参加他的葬礼了
[52:04] Well, you know, that’s always a grey area. 你知道 那是很难说明白的
[52:07] Alone in a hotel room, 自己一个人呆在旅馆房间里
[52:09] depressed… 心情忧郁
[52:11] Sam was a wonderful man. 山姆是个好人
[52:15] We had such lovely times together. 我们在一起度过了很好的时光
[52:19] You taught me so much. 你教给我很多
[52:22] You were a wonderful pupil. Certainly the most interesting one in my class. 你是个聪明的学生 是我们班上最有趣的
[52:27] Still, the age difference… 虽然年龄差很多…
[52:30] I shouldn’t have seduced you. Intellectually, that is. 从理智上讲 我不应该引诱你
[52:33] I should have resisted that temptation. 我应该能抵制得住诱惑
[52:36] I shouldn’t have made you adore me, but you were such a dazzling pupil, 我不应该让你崇拜我 但是你确实是个不可多得的学生
[52:40] the temptation was too great. 诱惑对我来说太大了
[52:43] And so I paid the price. 我为此付出了代价
[52:46] We both paid the price. 我们都付出了代价
[52:48] Inevitably there comes a time when the pupil absorbs all that he or she can. 当然也有那么一段时间 学生尽情学到了她能学到的所有知识
[52:54] And what seemed like constant joyous imparting of knowledge and opinions 让传授知识和经验的过程 也变得那么美妙
[52:58] becomes suffocation. 美妙得让人窒息
[53:01] Ironically, that’s what they wrote on my death certificate. 讽刺的是 他们在我的死亡 证明上也写上了
[53:04] “Suffocation.” “窒息而死”
[53:07] Oh, Sam. 哦山姆
[53:09] Wait, there’s another important scene between you and Sam. 等等 你和山姆还有很重要的一幕
[53:13] No. 没有
[53:15] No more. 没有了
[53:21] That night we had what was supposed to be a charming dinner 那天晚上 我们参加了一个本来应改很不错的晚宴
[53:24] with Tom and Eleanor Banks. Doctor Banks. 有汤姆 埃莉诺·班克斯 班克斯是个博士
[53:27] Everyone was full of energy, and I must have seemed drab in contrast. 大家都兴致很高 一定只有我看起来没精打采
[53:33] Not only was I tired but the dream had put me in a foul mood. 不仅因为疲倦 那个梦也让我感到情绪不佳
[53:44] Tom and Eleanor are funny. 汤姆和埃莉诺真有意思
[53:46] All that carrying-on about ESP and parapsychology. 什么超感觉知觉还有超心理学
[53:49] You’d think they’d be more sensible. 他们应该更明智一点才对
[53:52] And then when you put it down so unequivocally, I thought they’d die. 你竟然不留情面的表示反对 简直太不仅人情
[53:56] You were a little cruel, however correct. 虽然没有错 你还是有点太残忍了
[53:59] I was so tired, I was in a stinking mood. And who knows? Maybe they’re right. 我很累 心情很差 谁知道呢 也许他们是对的
[54:03] Maybe there is more to life than meets the eye. What the hell do I know? 也许生活中就是有许多肉眼看不到的东西 我怎么会知道
[54:07] Their beliefs are one step ahead of Ouija boards. And all that talk about Greece! 他们的想法比巫师们还要怪异 还讲什么希腊
[54:12] You’d think no one had sailed round the Greek islands before. 好像没有人去过希腊似的
[54:16] If we’re so contemptuous of Tom and Eleanor, why do we go out with them? 既然你这么讨厌汤姆和埃莉诺 为什么还要跟他们吃饭
[54:19] It’s just when they get on to certain topics. Next week it’ll be flying saucers. 只是他们讨论的有些话题让我讨厌 下个周应该是谈到飞碟了
[54:24] Why do we have to see people every night anyway? We never spend any time alone. 我们为什么每天晚上都要见朋友 我们多长时间没有单独在一起了
[54:30] – Well, that’s not so. – Yes, it is so. Every night it’s friends. – 没有多长时间 – 是很长时间了 每天晚上都要见朋友
[54:33] Yours, mine, people we hardly know. 不是你的就是我的 虽然都不了解
[54:36] We’ve known Tom and Eleanor for years. 我们认识汤姆和埃莉诺好几年了
[54:38] – And you don’t even enjoy him. – Of course I do. – 反正你也不喜欢他 – 当然喜欢他
[54:41] You’ve spoken contemptuously many times because he’s a radiologist, 你说过多少次你看不起他 这个放射线学者
[54:45] – which you don’t take seriously. – I’m joking. – 你不会是当真了吧 – 我在开玩笑
[54:47] No, you’re not. You disguise it as joking, but you’re serious. 不 你不是开玩笑 你在假装开玩笑 其实你很严肃
[54:51] – You’re trying to provoke an argument. – Why are we afraid to be alone together? – 你是想吵架 – 我们为什么会害怕单独在一起?
[54:56] – I didn’t think we were. – Because we’ve nothing to say any more? – 我没有觉得我们害怕了 – 因为我们没有什么共同语言了吗?
[54:59] We talk. 我们经常聊天
[55:00] Why go out with Mark and Lydia on our anniversary anyway? 为什么结婚纪念日要跟 马克和莉迪亚一起出去?
[55:03] If that’s all that’s bothering you, we won’t go. 如果这让你很不安 我们就不去了
[55:06] But neither should we drive all the way to the hotel where we had our first tryst. 但是也绝不能去我们第一次约会的地方
[55:11] Don’t do that. Don’t make something romantic sound infantile. 不要这样 不要让浪漫的事情成为幼稚可笑的事
[55:15] OK, but it’s the same level of maturity as sex on the floor. 好吧 这种成熟跟在地板上做爱没什么区别
[55:18] We might as well have it on the floor. We don’t have it in bed. 我们就要在地板上做爱 不要在床上来
[55:21] – I don’t believe we’re discussing this. – Why’ve you stopped sleeping with me? – 我们怎么会讨论这种问题? – 为什么你不在跟我一起睡了?
[55:25] We are simply going through a less active period, that’s all. It’s not uncommon. 我们只不过都有点疲惫 就这样 并没有什么不正常的
[55:30] Why? I just wanna know why. 为什么?我想知道为什么?
[55:33] Why don’t we just go to bed? 我们还是睡觉吧?
[55:35] There was a time that we were dying to be together. 曾经一段时间我们整天呆着一起
[55:40] Marion, you’re still the most desirable woman I know. 马里恩 你一直都是我最中意的女人
[55:44] But we won’t make love tonight because there’ll be some excuse. 但是我们今天晚上不会做爱 因为有借口了 对吧
[55:51] I hadn’t realised how much of that had slipped away until today. 直到今天我才意识到我们失去了多少
[55:56] I’m really sorry. If I’ve done anything wrong, forgive me. 对不起 不管我做错了什么 原谅我
[56:02] I accept your condemnation. 我接受你的指责 (D大调大提琴组曲6)
[56:18] You were a wonderful pupil. 你是个聪明的学生
[56:20] Certainly the most interesting one in my class. Still, the age difference… 是我们班上最有趣的 虽然我们年龄差很多
[56:31] I love you. 我爱你
[56:33] I love you too. 我也爱你
[56:39] – Happy birthday. – I told you not to bother. – 生日快乐 – 我告诉过你不用麻烦的
[56:41] Oh, I wanted to. Open it. 哦 我想这样 打开看看
[56:48] While you were out I read your paper. It was quite brilliantly written. 你出去的时候我读了你的文章 写得很棒
[56:52] It’s your work that’s brilliant. And more important, it’s original. 你的文章写得才好 而且很新颖
[56:58] – What is it? From a play or something? – Yes. – 这是什么 是玩游戏用的? – 是
[57:01] It’s an original from a French production of La Gioconda. 对 是一家法国乔宫达的原版作品
[57:05] – I love it. – I thought you’d like it. – 我很喜欢 – 我知道你会喜欢的
[57:08] It was all I could afford from that great store. 那个店里我只能买得起这个了 (毕尔巴鄂之歌)
[57:34] The following morning I realised I’d forgotten to get Ken an anniversary gift. 第二天早上我才想起来没有给 肯买结婚纪念日礼物
[57:39] I thought it would be a simple thing, but it took surprisingly long. 我以为会很简单 实际上却花费了很长时间
[57:43] The truth was I couldn’t really think of what he might like. 其实是我实在不知道他会喜欢什么
[57:47] After window-shopping for an hour or so, I came across an old antiques store. 来回转了一个多小时以后 我找到一家古董店
[57:51] At first I didn’t think there’d be anything special for him there, 一开始我没有想到在那儿能 找到什么合适的东西
[57:55] but somehow I was drawn to look further. 但却被吸引一直看下去
[57:57] The place was empty and dusty, and in the back a radio was playing. 那个地方空荡荡的 很脏 后面一个收音机在放音乐
[58:03] It was full of odd pieces, and I found browsing in it quite fascinating. 里面有很多稀奇古怪的东西 我发现在里面寻宝很有意思
[58:39] Excuse me. Are you all right? 怎么了 你没事吧?
[58:44] Thank you. I’m OK. 谢谢你 我没事
[58:51] Can I help you? 我能帮上忙吗
[58:55] I’m sorry. I don’t know why I’m so emotional. I was… 对不起 我也不知道怎么会 这么敏感 我只是…
[59:00] Thank you. 谢谢你
[59:02] Thank you. I was… I was just looking at that picture there, and I… 谢谢 我只是…我只是看了 那张照片 然后就…
[59:07] And I just felt so sad. 就感到很难过
[59:09] Oh, but this is a very optimistic work. 哦 可是这是一幅很乐观的作品
[59:12] You know, I saw the original of this once. In fact, its title is Hope. 我见过这幅画的原作 画的名字叫希望
[59:18] I think, of all the paintings Klimt did in that period, this is the most positive. 我觉得克林普特那时候的作品中 这一幅是最乐观的
[59:23] I’m sorry. 对不起
[59:28] Are you an artist? 你是个画家?
[59:30] Yes. Well, I used to do some painting when I was younger. 对 我小的时候画过一些
[59:33] I was absolutely in love with this whole school. 特别喜欢这一派
[59:39] It’s funny. Just this morning I was thinking about… that I missed painting. 很好玩 只不过是今天早上 我忽然觉得…我很想念绘画
[59:43] – I’d like to get back into it. – Really? – 我还想继续学 – 真的吗?
[59:50] I guess we all imagine what might have been. 我想我们总是怀念没有实现的愿望
[59:54] But that was a long time ago. 那已经是很久以前了
[59:58] Well, anyway… 不管怎么样…
[1:00:03] – Are you feeling better now? – Yes, I just wanna get some air. – 你感觉好点了? – 是 我要呼吸点新鲜空气
[1:00:06] – What kind of paintings did you do? – Watercolours, mostly. – 你画什么画? – 大多是水彩
[1:00:13] We left the store and walked together. 我们离开那家店 一起走了走
[1:00:15] I wanted to know her better without seeming pushy. 我想多了解她一点 但又不显得很急切
[1:00:18] We talked about art, and the discussion seemed to cheer her a little. 我们讨论了绘画 她慢慢心情好起来了
[1:00:23] We stopped at a gallery and spent time marvelling at the pictures, 我们在一家画廊停下来 看了看那些作品
[1:00:26] and I took a chance and invited her to lunch. I was excited when she accepted. 我找机会邀请她共进午餐 她接受了 这让我很兴奋
[1:00:31] She suggested a little out-of-the-way place that was charming and private. 她说有一个很偏僻的地方 环境很好 又很隐秘
[1:00:35] We ordered a bottle of wine, although she hardly touched it, being pregnant. 我们要了一瓶酒 她没有喝多少 说是怀孕了
[1:00:40] The result was that I wound up drinking most of it, 结果大部分都是我喝的
[1:00:42] and while I really wanted to find out about her it was me who did most of the talking. 虽然是我想了解她 但实际上是我说的做多
[1:00:48] 50. 五十
[1:00:51] I didn’t think anything of turning 30. 30岁的时候我什么也没想
[1:00:58] Everybody said I would. 他们都不相信
[1:01:01] Then they said I’d be crushed turning 40. 他们说我到40岁就会垮掉的
[1:01:05] But they were wrong. I didn’t give it a second’s thought. 但他们又错了 我从来没有这样过
[1:01:11] Then they said that I’d be traumatised when I hit 50. 他们又说我到了50岁一定会伤痕累累
[1:01:17] And they were right. 这完全正确
[1:01:21] I’ll tell you the truth. 跟你说实话
[1:01:25] I don’t think I’ve ever recovered my balance since turning 50. 从50岁开始我再也没有找到平衡
[1:01:28] Aw, gee, 50’s not so old. 可是50岁并不算老
[1:01:32] No, I know it isn’t, but… 我知道 但是…
[1:01:36] you just suddenly look up and see where you are. 你忽然间抬起头 明白了自己在哪里
[1:01:39] You’re in a good spot, aren’t you? 你生活在很好的地方 不是吗?
[1:01:44] Well, I thought I was. 我以为我是
[1:01:48] And then there’s chances gone by you can’t have back again. 但是许多机会溜过去 你再也抓不住了
[1:01:52] Well, like what? 比如说…
[1:01:55] I don’t know. 我也不知道
[1:02:01] Maybe it would be nice to have a child. 可能有个孩子会好一点
[1:02:08] You really think that? 你真的这么想?
[1:02:15] I do. 是
[1:02:18] I’ve never said it before, but I do. 从来没有这么说过 但是我是这么想的
[1:02:23] How arrogant! How self-centred and feelingless! 太傲慢了 自我中心 没有感情!
[1:02:27] I told you I didn’t want a baby! 我跟你说过我不想要孩子
[1:02:29] What do you mean, “didn’t want a baby”? 这是什么意思“不想要孩子”?
[1:02:31] – It was partly mine! – Except it’s my life that gets derailed. – 有一部分是我的! – 但是只有我的生活会突然停止
[1:02:35] – I’m just destroyed! – You go on doing what you want, – 我就这样被毁了 – 你能继续干你想干的
[1:02:38] – and I have to stop and bring it up. – But we’d share the responsibility. – 我的生活却要停下来 去抚养孩子 – 我们可以一起承担起责任
[1:02:42] – You know it would devolve down to me. – I wanted this baby! – 最后全都是我的责任 – 我想要这个孩子!
[1:02:45] – I told you, it was not part of my plan. – But you did it without consulting me. – 我说过 这不是我计划的一部分 – 但是不跟我商量你就这么做了
[1:02:49] Consulting you?! It’s my baby! 跟你商量?那是我的孩子
[1:02:51] Do I have to consult you for every move I make? It’s only your ego that’s hurt. 我做什么都要跟你商量吗? 你也太自我了
[1:02:55] – You said you wanted children. – I do, but not now. – 你说过你想要孩子 – 没错 但不是现在
[1:02:58] I don’t have the future stretched out in front of me indefinitely. 我的未来并不是无穷无尽的
[1:03:01] It’s easy for you to say. You’ve done your work. I’m just starting out, 你说起来容易 你已经有了自己的事业 我只是刚刚开始
[1:03:06] trying to make something of myself! It’s not fair to the child. 我希望自己可以做点什么 这样对孩子不公平
[1:03:09] But you could do it without asking me! Or giving me a chance to argue you out of it! 但是你也应该问问我 给我一个说服你的机会
[1:03:13] I didn’t want to be argued out of it. We’ve talked this to death! It-It was unwanted! 我不想被说服 这个没有什么好说的了 我不想要这个孩子
[1:03:18] Do you want to bring a child into this worid? Really? 你想让一个孩子来到世界上吗 真的吗
[1:03:22] You’re the one that hates it so much, 你不是讨厌这个吗?
[1:03:25] forever lecturing me on the pointlessness of existence. 不是总是给我讲存在的虚无吗?
[1:03:28] – I hate you so! – Let me go! Stop it! – 我恨你! – 放开我!住手!
[1:03:31] I can’t stand this any more! Let me go! 我不能忍受了!放开我!
[1:03:34] To be capable of such a lack of feeling! 你竟然能如此无情!
[1:03:37] Knowing how I felt! 你知道我的感受吗?
[1:03:39] Caring only about how you felt! 你只关心自己的感受
[1:03:41] Your career. Your life of the mind. 你的事业 你的想法
[1:04:30] I feel… I feel a little depressed. 我很难过
[1:04:35] I met a really sad woman today. 今天碰到一个很悲伤的女人
[1:04:39] A woman you’d think would have everything, 那个女人 你会觉得她拥有一切
[1:04:41] and she doesn’t. She has nothing. 但并不是那样 她一无所有
[1:04:45] And it made me feel frightened. 这让我很害怕
[1:04:48] Because I feel… 因为我觉得…
[1:04:50] I feel if I don’t stop myself, 如果我不能阻止自己
[1:04:53] as the years go by, I’m gonna wind up that way. 总有一天我也会变成那样
[1:04:59] She can’t allow herself to feel. 她不允许自己有感情
[1:05:02] So the result is she’s led this… 最后的结果是她过着一种…
[1:05:06] cold cerebral life, and… and has alienated everyone around her. 冷清的精神生活 跟周围的所有人都疏远了
[1:05:13] Well, you know, we’ve talked about this before, 我们以前谈过这个
[1:05:16] how I… how I only… only hear and see what I want to. 我就是…就是这种 只看到和听到我想要的东西
[1:05:20] That’s exactly what she does. She… 她就是这样的人 她…
[1:05:23] She’s pretended for so long that everything’s fine, 这么长时间以来她一直假装一切很好
[1:05:27] but you can see clearly how… how lost she is. 但是你能看出来…看出来她很失落
[1:05:33] She had an abortion years ago, which she regrets. 几年以前她堕过一次胎 现在她后悔了
[1:05:37] She rationalises it in many ways, 她用各种借口来宽慰自己
[1:05:39] but I think the truth is she was afraid of the feelings she would have for a baby. 但是我知道她害怕生孩子 会给自己带来的感情
[1:05:46] And she’s a very bright woman, very accomplished. 她是个聪明的女人 很有成就
[1:05:49] But like me, she… Well, you know emotions have always embarrassed me. 但跟我一样 她…你知道 感情一直会让我很不安
[1:05:56] I’ve run away from men who I felt threatened me 我离开了让我觉得害怕的男人
[1:05:59] because the intensity of their passion just frightens me. 因为他们强烈的感情让我害怕
[1:06:05] I guess you can’t keep deep feelings closed out for ever, you know, so… 我想人的感情是不能 掩盖的 你知道…
[1:06:10] I just don’t want to look up when I’m her age and find my life is empty. 我不想像她那样某一天忽然抬起头来 发现生活里什么都没有 (毕尔巴鄂之歌)
[1:06:25] Anyhow, 不管怎么样
[1:06:27] while we were at lunch, a very upsetting thing happened. 我们吃饭的时候 发生了一件很难堪的事
[1:06:32] In the midst of a conversation, she noticed her friend Lydia. 我们聊着聊着 她看到了自己的朋友莉迪亚
[1:07:20] Marion? 马里恩?
[1:07:23] You’re late. 你迟到了
[1:07:25] I got you an anniversary present. 我给你买了一件结婚纪念日礼物
[1:07:28] I know it’s tomorrow, but why don’t you open it now? 虽然是明天 但是现在就打开怎么样?
[1:07:37] I didn’t know what to get you. 我不知道给你买什么
[1:07:45] As I said, I always like an opera. 我跟你说过 我喜欢歌剧
[1:07:53] Happy anniversary. 纪念日快乐
[1:07:56] Come on, let’s get dressed. 快点 换衣服
[1:08:01] I’m not going anywhere. 我哪儿也不去
[1:08:04] What are you talking about? 你说什么?
[1:08:09] I saw you and Lydia in the restaurant today. You didn’t notice me, but… 今天我在一家餐厅看到你和莉迪亚 在一起了 你没有看到我 但是…
[1:08:15] I watched the two of you. 我看到你们俩了
[1:08:19] Afterwards I went walking for a few hours to calm myself down. 然后我出去走了几个小时 让自己镇定下来
[1:08:27] Actually, if I’d had any perception, 事实上 如果我稍有点感知力的话
[1:08:31] I would have been suspicious from the start. 一开始就应该怀疑了
[1:08:34] Because you and I committed adultery for months when you were married to Kathy. 你还和凯西在一起的时候 就跟我秘密交往几个月
[1:08:41] That was a very different situation. 情况不一样
[1:08:45] I don’t think it was. 我不觉得有什么不同
[1:08:52] I guess it wouldn’t mean much if I said to you that, um, it’s passing. 我知道跟你说我们 没什么有什么意义
[1:09:00] It was never very serious. 但是我们不是认真的
[1:09:03] And it was, uh, utterly foolish of Lydia and myself. 我们 我和莉迪亚只是一时糊涂
[1:09:09] I feel sorry for you, Ken, because in your way you’ve been as Ionely as I have. 我为你感到抱歉 肯 因为你一直跟我一样很孤单
[1:09:18] Have we been Ionely? 我们孤单吗?
[1:09:23] At least I’ve come to recognise it. 我慢慢意识到这一点了
[1:09:31] The following days, I didn’t get any work done. 接下来一天 我什么也没有做
[1:09:34] Mostly I walked the streets and just thought about my life, 大部分时间我都在街上走 想想我的人生
[1:09:38] trying to put everything in order. 想理清自己的思绪
[1:09:40] I felt the need to talk to my brother Paul, 我觉得该跟我弟弟保罗聊聊
[1:09:43] who had made an important decision about his life too. 他的人生也作过很大的决定
[1:09:47] Strange. Lynn and I go through hell and we’re staying together, 很奇怪 我和林恩经历了这么多还在一起
[1:09:51] you and Ken never fight and you’re breaking up. 你们俩从来没有吵过架却要分手
[1:09:56] – So will you move out? Or will he? – Oh, no, I will. – 你们俩谁会搬出来? – 我会搬出来
[1:10:00] I really do want a clean start. 我希望干干净净的重新开始
[1:10:03] I wanna do a lot of things differently. 我想做点不同的事情
[1:10:07] And that does mean between us, too. 当然也包括我们之间
[1:10:11] I’d like to spend a lot more time with you and Lynn. 我想多花些时间跟你和林恩在一起
[1:10:15] I’d like to get to know everyone. 我想多认识一些人
[1:10:19] If that’s OK with you. 如果你不介意的话
[1:10:37] So was it Dad’s fault? Did he do anything wrong? 这是爸爸的错吗? 他做错什么了吗?
[1:10:40] Oh, we both did, you know? 哦 我们都错了 就是这样?
[1:10:42] I mean, I’m just as much to blame as anybody. 我是说 我跟大家一样 该承受这些
[1:10:46] – Maybe more. – Well, it’s too bad, you know. – 或许要承受更多 – 太糟了 真的
[1:10:50] I just wanted to make sure that the shock of it didn’t upset you too badly. 我只是希望你不会受到什么影响
[1:10:55] Well, I… to tell you the truth, I’m really… 嗯…说实话 我真的…
[1:10:58] I’m not shocked, I’m just surprised, you know? I mean… 没有什么 只是觉得奇怪 我是说…
[1:11:03] If I can be honest, I always felt there was something between you two that was… 老实说 我总是觉得你们俩之间 有点什么不太对劲
[1:11:08] I don’t know. Maybe too comfortable, or… that’s not the right word. I don’t… 我不知道怎么回事 可能是太舒适 或者是… 不是这个词 我也不知道…
[1:11:14] Just something, you know? 就是有点什么 就是这样
[1:11:18] Well, I hope that this isn’t going to have any bearing on us. 不管怎么样 希望这不会 影响到我们的关系
[1:11:22] I really value your friendship. 我很珍惜你的友情
[1:11:24] Yeah, and I value yours. 谢谢 我也珍惜你的
[1:11:37] – Yes? – Hello. I’m your next-door neighbour, – 是吗? – 你好 我是你的邻居
[1:11:40] and I thought you should know that through some acoustical oddness 我想应该告诉你 由于某些原因
[1:11:44] – I can hear all your patients quite clearly. – Really? 我能很清楚的听到你和病人的谈话 真的吗?
[1:11:48] Well, thank you. I’ll take care of it. I’ve had the problem before. I know what to do. 好的 谢谢你 我会想办法的 以前也有这样的事 我知道怎么办
[1:11:53] By the way, you have a young woman that you see. The pregnant one? 对了 你有个病人是个年轻女人吧 怀孕的那个?
[1:11:58] I wonder if you could tell me how I could get in touch with her. 你能否告诉我的联系方式呢
[1:12:01] Oh, yes. She’s terminated her treatment. 哦 她已经结束治疗了
[1:12:06] She’s gone away. I don’t have any way of reaching her. I’m afraid I can’t say more. 她已经走了 我不知道怎么跟她联系 恐怕不行
[1:12:14] I resumed work. It went well, 我继续工作 进展很顺利
[1:12:17] and I was undisturbed by extraneous distractions. 没有什么能够分散我的注意力
[1:12:20] The writing seemed to flow and I was full of energy. 我的思路很顺畅 我也充满了力量
[1:12:23] Once on a sunny morning I paused for a break 一个星期天早上 我停下休息
[1:12:26] and I thought I would look through Larry Lewis’s novel, which I’d never read. 我想我该看看拉里·刘易斯的小说 以前从没看过
[1:12:31] I was curious about the character Hlenka, which was rumoured to be based on me. 我对那个叫海琳凯的角色很好奇 因为据说写的是我
[1:12:36] I opened the book, leafed through, 我打开书 随便翻看着
[1:12:39] and sat down as my eye was caught by her name. 坐下来的时候我看到了那个名字
[1:12:50] “Hlenka and I accidentally ran into one another one day 海琳凯和我是偶尔遇到的
[1:12:53] while we were both buying tickets to a concert. “ 那时候我们都在买音乐会的票
[1:12:56] “I knew her because she was the lover of a man I knew quite well. “ “我认识她 因为她是我的一个熟人的情人”
[1:13:01] “Recently they had decided to marry. This was a catastrophe for me personally, 最近他们刚刚决定要结婚 这对我个人来说简直无法忍受
[1:13:06] because from the moment he introduced me to her, I was in love with her. “ 因为从朋友给我介绍她我就爱上了她
[1:13:12] “I convinced her to have a drink with me.” “我说服她跟我一起喝一杯 ”
[1:13:15] “It was the only time I’d ever been alone with her since we met. “ “那是我们认识以后 第一次单独在一起 ”
[1:13:19] “She was lovely, and I spoke too much and too rapidly 她很可爱 我说话又多又快
[1:13:23] because I was embarrassed over my feelings toward her, 以为我对她的喜爱让我很不安
[1:13:26] which I felt were painfully obvious. “ 我觉得自己表现得很明显 心里很不安
[1:13:31] “We walked around in Central Park and talked about lots of things. “ 我们在中央公园散了会儿步 谈了很多
[1:13:35] “I told her about a book I was planning to write, and my wanting to live out west. “ 我告诉她我正要写一本书 想到西部生活
[1:13:40] “She spoke enthusiastically about her upcoming marriage, 她很兴奋的跟我讲她要结婚了
[1:13:43] but I thought it was too enthusiastic, 我觉得她有点太过于兴奋
[1:13:46] as if she were trying to convince herself rather than me. “ 好像她要说服的是自己 而不是我
[1:13:51] “Soon it began to rain.” 不久就开始下雨了
[1:13:54] “We ducked into an underpass to avoid the cloudburst. “ 我们跑进一个地下道躲雨
[1:13:58] “I remember thinking how wonderful she was, 那时候我在想她真是个迷人的女人
[1:14:01] and how beautiful she looked at that moment. “ 那一刻她有多么漂亮
[1:14:04] “And I wanted to tell her so many things because my feelings were swirling so. “ 我想把我的想法都告诉她 因为我的感情很难控制
[1:14:10] “And I think she knew everything, and that frightened her. “ 我觉得她知道一切 这让她害怕
[1:14:14] “And yet some instinct told me that if I kissed her she would respond. “ 但是本能告诉我 如果我问了她 她会回应我
[1:14:22] “Her kiss was full of desire, 她的吻充满激情
[1:14:25] and I knew I couldn’t share that feeling with anyone else. “ 我知道这种感觉我再也不会找到
[1:14:33] “And then a wall went up, and just as quickly I was screened out. “ “然后她忽然停下来 我就这样被推开了”
[1:14:37] “But it was too late, because I now knew that she was capable of intense passion 但是一切都晚了 我现在明白如果有一天
[1:14:42] if she would one day just allow herself to feel. “ 她能释放自己的感情 她会是个热情洋溢的人
[1:14:48] I closed the book, and felt a strange mixture of wistfulness and hope. 我合上书 心里充满一种渴望和希冀
[1:14:55] And I wondered if a memory is something you have or something you’ve lost. 不知道记忆应该是你拥有的东西 还是你失去的东西
[1:15:00] For the first time in a long time, I felt at peace. 很长时间以来 我第一次感到一种内心的安宁
1988年 Tags:伍迪艾伦

Post navigation

Previous Post: Hotel Rwanda(卢旺达饭店)[2004]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: The Lovely Bones(可爱的骨头)[2009]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一
{"status":false,"code":5000,"msg":"失败"}

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme