时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | GIRL GRUNTS | |
[00:18] | SHE SIGHS | |
[00:20] | IN MI’KMAQ: Look how quick I am! | 看我做得多快 |
[00:23] | IN MI’KMAQ: Say it in English. | 用英语说 |
[00:27] | IN ENGLISH: Look… how… quick… I… am! | “看我做得多快” |
[00:31] | Say it! “Look how quick I am”! | 快说! “看我做得多快” |
[00:33] | This is for your own good. | 这是为了你好 |
[00:35] | Stop behaving like a stupid Indian! | 别再像一个愚蠢的印第安人了! |
[00:38] | IN MI’KMAQ: Is everything alright, Ka’kwet? | 一切还好吗 卡克维特? |
[00:40] | IN MI’KMAQ: What do you care? | 关你什么事? |
[00:42] | IN MI’KMAQ: Off you go, please. | 请你们离开一下 |
[00:49] | IN ENGLISH: This is all your fault! | 这都是你的错! |
[00:51] | You wanted me to go to that school! | 当初你想让我去那所学校 |
[00:53] | They told me I’m worthless. Stupid! | 他们说我一文不值 愚蠢! |
[00:56] | Why did you even have me? | 你为什么要生下我? |
[00:57] | I hate you! | 我恨你! |
[00:58] | IN MI’KMAQ: It’s alright, my sweet girl… | 现在没事了 我的乖女儿 |
[01:01] | IN ENGLISH: No! It’s not alright! | 不 明明就有事! |
[01:02] | IN MI’KMAQ: You’re safe, you’re home. | 你安全了 你回家了 |
[01:06] | You’re safe. | 你安全了 |
[01:10] | You’re home. | 你回家了 |
[01:13] | SHE SOBS | |
[01:16] | MUSIC: “Ahead by a Century” by Tragically Hip ♪ First thing, we’d climb a tree ♪ | NETFLIX 原创剧集 (埋葬希望最完美的坟墓) (你愿意发誓永远做我的朋友吗?) (伟大的思想要用高深的字眼表达) (在月光下睡在树上) |
[01:21] | ♪ And maybe then we’d talk ♪ | |
[01:24] | ♪ Or sit silently ♪ | |
[01:28] | ♪ And listen to our thoughts ♪ | |
[01:31] | ♪ With illusions of someday ♪ | |
[01:35] | ♪ Cast in a golden light ♪ | |
[01:39] | ♪ No dress rehearsal ♪ | |
[01:43] | ♪ This is our life ♪ | |
[01:46] | ♪ You are ahead by a century ♪ | |
[01:50] | – ♪ This is our life ♪ – ♪ You are ahead by a century ♪ | |
[02:22] | Anne? | 安妮?你这是… |
[02:23] | – Are you… – Why would he ask me | 他为什么这么晚才问我? |
[02:25] | so late? | |
[02:27] | So sudden? But he did, in spite of… | 这么突然? 但他还是问了 尽管… |
[02:31] | her perfection and his… | 她完美无暇 他又热切地想在医学和人类发展上 留下不可磨灭的印记 |
[02:33] | passion to make an indelible mark on medicine and humanity. | |
[02:37] | And I was… | 而我却… |
[02:39] | so, so surprised. | 实在是太惊讶了 |
[02:42] | And… and… and how could he have expected me | 他怎么能指望我在那一刻知道我… |
[02:44] | to know in that moment that I… | |
[02:48] | I love him? | 我爱他 |
[02:50] | SHE GASPS | |
[02:53] | I love Gilbert Blythe. | 我爱基尔伯特布莱斯 |
[02:54] | Are you quite sure it’s love? | 你确定那是爱吗? |
[02:56] | Yes. But it doesn’t matter because it’s too late. | 对 但这不重要了 因为已经太迟了 |
[02:59] | How do you know it’s too late? | 你怎么知道太迟了呢? |
[03:01] | Well, his… Winifred… | 呃 他的… 温妮弗雷德看上去美好极了 |
[03:03] | seems… | |
[03:04] | wonderful. | |
[03:06] | – And I can only assume… – So, you don’t know? | 我只能推测… 所以你不知道 |
[03:08] | Not for certain? | 并不肯定 |
[03:10] | I told him to marry her. | 我告诉他去娶她 |
[03:14] | SHE SIGHS | |
[03:16] | Listen to me… very carefully, Anne. | 你万分仔细地听我说 安妮 |
[03:19] | Do not make the same mistake I did. | 不要犯和我一样的错误 |
[03:22] | Go to him. | 去找他 |
[03:24] | Tell him. Right now. | 告诉他 现在就去 |
[03:32] | SHE SIGHS | |
[03:54] | Er, everything alright, Anne? | 一切还好吗 安妮? |
[03:55] | Gilbert! I love him! I have to tell him now! | 基尔伯特! 我爱他 我现在就得去告诉他! |
[04:01] | Right. | 好的 |
[04:11] | MATTHEW GRUNTS | |
[04:33] | Play Dashing White Sergeant. | 弹《潇洒的白衣军士》 |
[04:37] | SHE PLAYS “DASHING WHITE SERGEANT” | |
[04:39] | Spinning, spinning, spin, spin, spin. | 我转 我转 我转转转 |
[04:42] | Round and round, and don’t throw up | 转圈圈 不要吐哦 |
[04:45] | even though you might want to. | 哪怕你可能想要吐 |
[04:48] | It’s time to get romantic. | 现在该来浪漫一下了 |
[04:52] | Does he love me? | 他爱我吗? |
[04:54] | Yes or no? | 是 还是不是? |
[04:56] | Holding hands. And do not stop until… | 手牵着手 不要停 直到… |
[05:13] | Oh, thank goodness, Gilbert. | 哦 谢天谢地 基尔伯特 |
[05:15] | – What are you doing here? – Hello. Sorry to intrude. | 你怎么来了? 你们好 抱歉打扰了 |
[05:18] | It’s like you read my mind. What a welcome apparition. | 仿佛你看透了我的心思似的 你出现得正是时候 |
[05:22] | May I speak with you, sir? | 我能和你聊聊吗 先生? |
[05:23] | Dance with us. | 和我们跳舞 |
[05:25] | Tad too forward, my darling. | 你有点太直接了 亲爱的 |
[05:26] | Off you go, the both of you. | 你们两个去别处吧 蜜妮 走吧 |
[05:28] | Ahem. Minnie, come along. | |
[05:34] | ANNE KNOCKS ON DOOR | |
[05:35] | SHE SIGHS | |
[05:39] | Can I help you? | 你有什么事吗? |
[05:40] | You must be Mrs Lacroix | 你一定是拉克鲁瓦夫人 |
[05:42] | come all the way from Trinidad! | 大老远从特立尼达来的 |
[05:44] | I-I-I’m Anne, It’s an honour to meet you. | 我是安妮 见到你真是荣幸 |
[05:46] | Your… your exquisite taste in, well, taste | 你卓越的品味… 口味让巴什和玛丽拥有 令人羡慕不已的香料收藏 |
[05:49] | furnished Bash and Mary with the most enviable collection of spices. | |
[05:52] | – You know my son? – He’s basically part of my family. | 你认识我儿子? 他就像我的家人一样 |
[05:54] | Like Gilbert. Is he at home? | 就像基尔伯特一样 他在家吗? |
[05:57] | Gilbert. I’d… I’d very much like to speak with him. | 我是说基尔伯特 我很想和他聊聊 |
[05:58] | I’m… I’m sorry. He went out. | 很抱歉 他出去了 |
[06:00] | Well, could you tell him… | 那你能转告他… |
[06:01] | That’s silly. I should tell him. | 这太傻了 我应该亲口跟他说 |
[06:04] | A note. | 字条 |
[06:06] | I’ll leave him a note! | 我给他留张字条! |
[06:07] | ANNE MUTTERS Ooh! | |
[06:09] | HAZEL STUTTERS | |
[06:12] | BABY CRIES | |
[06:14] | I… I have to see about the baby. | 我得去照顾孩子了 |
[06:15] | Ah! Please kiss her for me? I can show myself out. | 请替我亲她一口 我写完了自己走 |
[06:24] | SHE SIGHS | |
[06:26] | “Dear, Gilbert… | “亲爱的基尔伯特 |
[06:29] | I’m sorry I was confused… | 很抱歉 我之前很迷惘 |
[06:33] | before. | |
[06:35] | I’m not anymore. | 我现在再也不迷惘了 |
[06:40] | SHE SIGHS | |
[06:42] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[06:47] | Anne.” | 安妮留” |
[06:51] | “P.S. May I please… | “又及 能请你把我的笔还给我吗?” (基尔伯特) |
[06:55] | have my pen back?” | |
[07:11] | SHE SIGHS | |
[07:13] | SHE PUFFS | |
[07:46] | GILBERT: And if I do | 如果我这么做了 |
[07:47] | I want you to know that I trust Bash with the business. | 我想让你知道我会把生意交给巴什 |
[07:50] | Like you, I am without reservation. | 和你一样 我对此毫无疑虑 |
[07:53] | GILBERT: You can also trust that I’ll handle | 你大可放心 我会处理好任何文书 在离开前安排好苹果出口生意 |
[07:55] | any paperwork regarding our apple export before I leave. | |
[07:58] | MR BARRY: The mark of a proper gentleman | 你真是个得体的绅士 |
[08:00] | bringing this news personally. | 亲自告诉我这个消息 |
[08:01] | You are rising above your station, Gilbert. Well done. | 你这下实现阶级跨越了 基尔伯特 好样的 |
[08:05] | You will make a fine addition to the family of your betrothed. | 你会成为你未婚妻一家优秀的一份子 |
[08:09] | Her family. | 她的家庭 |
[08:11] | They indeed have wealth. | 的确是家底殷实 |
[08:14] | Could I show you something? | 我能给你看样东西吗? |
[08:19] | It’s modest, I know. | 我知道这个朴实无华 |
[08:21] | But it belonged to my mother. | 但这是我母亲留下的 |
[08:23] | MR BARRY: Well, a family heirloom is a most | 用传家宝开启婚姻最有意义不过了 |
[08:24] | meaningful way to begin a marriage. | |
[08:26] | The baubles can come later. HE CHUCKLES | 金银珠宝以后买就是 对吧? |
[08:29] | If you’re lucky. | 如果你幸运的话 |
[08:32] | Good luck, son. | 祝你好运 小伙子 |
[08:34] | GILBERT: Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[08:42] | DOOR SHUTS | |
[08:50] | Diana! | 戴安娜 |
[08:51] | Where are you going? | 你这是要去哪儿? |
[08:52] | Where are you going, Diana? | 你要去哪儿呀 戴安娜? |
[08:54] | – I… I have an urgent errand. – MRS BARRY: Now? | 我有急事要办 现在? |
[08:56] | Away from your instrument? I think not. | 不练琴了吗?这可不行 |
[08:59] | I can’t practise with a guest in the parlour. | 起居室里有客人 我不能练习 |
[09:01] | Good thing he’s just taken his leave, so you may resume. | 好在他刚刚离开了 你可以继续了 |
[09:04] | IN SINGING VOICE: Resume, resume, resume. | 继续啊 |
[09:07] | – But, I must speak to Anne. – MRS BARRY: Mozart, please. | 可我必须去找安妮… 请你弹莫扎特 |
[09:09] | None of that awful, common dance. | 别再弹那首骇人的平民舞曲了 |
[09:11] | Promise me you’ll never play that sort of thing at Lycée Bellerêve? | 答应我你永远不会在贝勒瑞夫学校 弹那玩意儿 |
[09:14] | It demeans you. | 这有失你的身份 |
[09:15] | I never liked that song. | 我从来就不喜欢那首曲子 |
[09:26] | OQWATNUK HUMS | |
[10:01] | HORSES TROT | |
[10:05] | DISTANT TALKING | |
[10:08] | IN MI’KMAQ: Fetch my husband! | 叫我丈夫过来! |
[10:18] | GUN COCKS | |
[10:19] | OLIVER: I didn’t expect such a big camp. | 我没想到寨子这么大 |
[10:21] | Can’t solve the Indian problem as long as they’re raised like this. | 只要他们被这样养大 就解决不了印第安人问题 |
[10:30] | CROW CAWS | |
[10:33] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[10:34] | Peace be with you. | 愿平安与你同在 |
[10:36] | I’m here to collect Hannah. | 我是来接汉娜的 |
[10:38] | IN MI’KMAQ: Please don’t make me go back! | 求你不要让我回去 |
[10:41] | IN MI’KMAQ: Thank them for coming | 向他们的到来致谢 |
[10:43] | but tell him we’ve decided you will not return. | 然后告诉他 我们已经决定了不让你回去 |
[10:50] | IN ENGLISH: She said I’m not going back. | 她说我是不会回去的 |
[10:52] | Tell your mother that she doesn’t have a choice. | 跟你母亲说 她别无选择 |
[10:57] | Lots of kids here. | 这里有很多小孩 |
[10:58] | It’s like a nest. We should grab more. | 这里就像个孩子窝 我们应该多抓点 |
[11:00] | MAN: We aren’t really equipped to take more than a couple. | 我们最多只能带走两三个 |
[11:03] | Fine. Cover me. | 那好吧 给我搭把手 |
[11:04] | IN MI’KMAQ: Run! They want to take the children! | 快跑啊!他们想要带走孩子! |
[11:07] | IN MI’KMAQ: Everyone run! | 大家快跑啊! (基尔伯特) |
[11:16] | HE SHOUTS | |
[11:20] | SHE HUMS | |
[11:40] | DELPHINE COOS | |
[11:48] | Deli, Deli, Deli! | 德尔芬! |
[11:50] | Can you say, “Papa”? Huh? | 你会叫“爸爸”吗? 嗯? |
[11:54] | Can you say, “Papa”? | 你会叫“爸爸”吗? |
[11:55] | Is Gilbert paying you to work, or play with your child? | 基尔伯特付你钱 是让你工作还是陪你孩子玩? |
[11:58] | Speaking of your favourite | 说到你最喜欢的小伙子 |
[12:00] | my business partner is getting married and moving to France. | 我的生意伙伴要结婚了 要搬去法国 |
[12:03] | You see how things change without warning? | 看见没?事情会毫无预兆地生变 |
[12:04] | He’ll want to sell this place. Where are we going to live? | 他会想卖掉这里 那我们住哪儿? |
[12:06] | Here… in the house you know is half mine. | 就住这儿 你知道我有一半产权 |
[12:09] | And you’re right, when it’s just the three of us, things will have to change. | 你说得对 只剩我们三个时 确实要有改变才行 |
[12:14] | I thought maybe you just needed time to settle in? | 我本来以为你只是需要时间适应 |
[12:17] | This is a big move. | 毕竟从大老远搬过来 |
[12:18] | But now I think it’s… you. | 但现在我认为 问题在你 |
[12:21] | You’re too… rigid. | 你太… 古板了 |
[12:24] | This isn’t the plantation. You can relax. | 这里不是种植园 你可以放松 |
[12:26] | And what does “relax” mean? | 你说“放松”是什么意思? |
[12:29] | You could start by being less strict with my daughter. | 首先 你可以不必对我女儿这么严格 |
[12:31] | – She’s only a baby, but she can feel it. – Ahuh? So you want me to spoil her? | 她虽然还小 但是可以感受到 是吗?那你是想让我溺爱她? |
[12:35] | Not spoil… | 不是溺爱 就是爱 |
[12:36] | – love! – Mm. | 哼 如果那是爱的话 你一定觉得我根本没爱过你 |
[12:37] | Well, if that is love, you must think I never loved you at all. | |
[12:44] | How you behave, I remember it from when I was small. | 你的行为举止 我从小就记得 |
[12:48] | And when I came to see you with Gilbert… | 我和基尔伯特去看你的时候… |
[12:49] | Whatcha wanted me to do? | 你想让我怎么做? |
[12:51] | Carry you inside the Big House and make you some tea? | 把你抱进主人的家 再给你泡点茶? |
[12:53] | After the way you left, burning every bridge | 哪怕你走的时候把关系全搞僵了? |
[12:55] | you’re not welcome there. | 那里的人不欢迎你 |
[12:57] | Mum, I hadn’t seen you in over ten years. | 妈 我已经十多年没有见过你了 我得再问一次 你为什么要来这里? |
[12:59] | I… I have to ask you again, why did you come here? | |
[13:02] | SHE SUCKS TEETH Why did you ask me to come? | 你为什么要让我过来? |
[13:04] | You see? This is what I can’t stand. Why… why can’t you give me a simple answer? | 我就是受不了你这点 你为什么就不能直接回答我呢? |
[13:07] | You don’t have to drop any more words, Sebastian. | 你别再跟我吵了 赛巴什汀 |
[13:09] | Since you can’t stand me, and I don’t love you, I’ll leave. | 既然你受不了我 我又不爱你 那我走了 |
[13:12] | – That’s not what I said! – Go outside and catch some more breeze. | 我没有那么说! 你再出去透透气吧 |
[13:14] | And take your daughter with you. I have to pack. | 把你的女儿带上一起 我要收拾行李 |
[13:20] | HE SIGHS | |
[13:30] | – Hello, there! – Ahoy, you two! | -你好呀! -你们来啦! |
[13:32] | Allow me to move the detritus of my hobby from your sunbathing spot. | 我这就把我的钓鱼用品挪走 免得挡着你晒日光浴 |
[13:35] | If you hold this baby, I’ll move it for you. | 如果你帮我抱孩子 我就帮你挪 |
[13:37] | Gladly. I get the better bargain. | 乐意之至 我还占便宜了 |
[13:39] | HE CHUCKLES | |
[13:41] | Hello, sweet Delphine. | 你好呀 德尔芬乖乖 |
[13:43] | MISS STACY SIGHS | |
[13:44] | How nice to see you again! | 再次见到你真好 |
[13:46] | You’ll not encounter a more enchanting spot on this entire island. | 在整个岛上 都不会有比这里更迷人的地方了 |
[13:50] | Thankfully, we won’t encounter her granny. | 谢天谢地 这里没有她的奶奶 |
[13:53] | She either came to help with Deli or put me in the mad house. | 她过来要么是帮忙照顾德尔芬 要么是为了把我逼疯 |
[13:56] | – Mm. – Can’t be sure. | 我不确定是哪个 |
[13:57] | A fate I’ve narrowly avoided myself lately. | 我最近也侥幸逃脱了此般命运 |
[14:00] | Having this cherub must make everything infinitely more bearable. | 想必这个小天使让一切都好受了许多 |
[14:04] | THEY CHUCKLE | |
[14:06] | SHE WHIMPERS | |
[14:07] | – Uh-oh. – SHE SNIFFLES | 哦 |
[14:09] | – What’s all this about? – Oh. | 你这是怎么了? 哦 就突然一下 |
[14:12] | SHE SNIFFLES Surprise. | |
[14:14] | A sudden jolt of truth. | 我猛然意识到一个现实 |
[14:17] | I’m not meant to have one of these, I think. | 我恐怕注定不会有孩子 |
[14:19] | Oh, no. Never say never. | 别这样 话不要说得太绝 |
[14:21] | Well, the search for a partner | 我没法找到古灵精怪又美好 如我逝去的爱人一般的伴侣 |
[14:23] | as weird and wonderful as the one I lost has been elusive. | |
[14:29] | Even under the guidance of Rachel Lynde. | 即使是在雷切尔林德的指导下 |
[14:31] | HE CHUCKLES I’m familiar with her guidance. | 我见识过她的“指导” |
[14:33] | SHE CHUCKLES | |
[14:34] | It’s well-meaning and abrupt. | 她心怀好意 但是有点… |
[14:37] | THEY LAUGH | 突兀 |
[14:39] | How long did she give you? | 她给你多长期限? |
[14:40] | Suitors appeared like magic… | 追求者像变魔术一样不断出现 |
[14:42] | literally. | 一点都不夸张 |
[14:44] | Daily at my front door. | 每天都有人在门口等我 |
[14:46] | She gave me mere weeks to find a wife which is really no time at all… | 她只给了我几周时间另寻妻子 这点时间完全不够 |
[14:51] | when I see Mary every day in this tiny face. | 我每天都能看见玛丽 浮现在她的小脸蛋上 |
[14:53] | You’re fortunate in that. | 那你算有福气了 |
[14:55] | To have part of her with you still. | 她的一部分仍然在你身边 |
[14:58] | MISS STACY SNIFFS | |
[15:00] | You have children, in a way, though. | 换个角度想 你也有孩子 |
[15:02] | Students and teachers come and go. | 铁打的老师 流水的学生 |
[15:05] | Parents are for always. | 父母是永恒的 |
[15:07] | Don’t make me nervous, now. | 别说这种让我紧张的话 |
[15:10] | If I disappoint, I have dozens of chances with | 如果我做得不好 我有很多机会和很多孩子重新再来 |
[15:13] | multiple children. | |
[15:15] | But when they’re yours… | 但如果是自己的孩子 |
[15:18] | I’m not sure I’d recover if my own little one chafed under my mothering. | 要是孩子怒斥我不是个好母亲 我恐怕会缓不过劲来 |
[15:22] | We’re all just making it up as we go. | 我们都只是摸着石头过河罢了 |
[15:25] | All we can do is our best. | 只能尽力做到最好 |
[15:30] | INDISTINCT CHATTER | |
[15:47] | Mm. | |
[16:08] | – HE LAUGHS – MOODY: Are you ready to plight your troth? | 你准备立下山盟海誓了? |
[16:12] | Take the plunge, get hitched? | 永结同心、喜结连理? |
[16:14] | I know what you meant, Moody. | 我懂你的意思 穆迪 |
[16:15] | MOODY: You’ve chosen a wife, haven’t you? | 你选好妻子了 不是吗? |
[16:18] | It doesn’t quite work like that. | 这个不是选了就完事的 |
[16:19] | It must be daunting. | 这一定很吓人吧 |
[16:21] | You’re determining the course of your entire life. | 你在决定你整个人生的轨迹 |
[16:24] | I’m aware. | 这我知道 |
[16:25] | How long will you stay in Charlottetown after you’re married? | 你结婚之后会在沙洛镇待多久? |
[16:27] | You snared a Charlottetown girl? Nice. | 你追到了沙洛镇的姑娘 不错嘛 |
[16:31] | I’m appraising a few myself. | 我自己也在考量几位候选人 |
[16:32] | Small-town girls aren’t up to snuff. | 小镇上的姑娘我看不上眼 |
[16:35] | – Just right for you, though, bud. – Ah. | 倒是很适合你 哥们儿 |
[16:40] | It says we must convert the mixed numbers into improper fractions. | 上面说我们必须把带分数 转换成假分数 |
[16:44] | – PIANO PLAYS – You said never to do anything improper. | 你说过永远不许弄虚作假 |
[16:47] | Diana, stop! | 戴安娜 别弹了 |
[16:48] | PIANO STOPS | |
[16:49] | I need assistance. | 我需要帮助 |
[16:51] | This lesson is beyond my comprehension. Please take over. | 这堂课超出了我的理解能力 请过来接替我 |
[16:54] | But… you promised I could go as soon as I was finished practising. | 可你答应过我 我一练完琴就能出去 |
[16:57] | You can attend to your errand after your sister has learned… | 你去办事前 要先保证你妹妹学到了… |
[17:00] | this. | 这个 |
[17:01] | DIANA SIGHS | 这个 |
[17:07] | SHE SIGHS | |
[17:13] | Indians! Oh, my word! | 印第安人 我的天啊! |
[17:19] | ANNE CHUCKLES | |
[17:21] | Anne, stop! | 安妮 站住! |
[17:24] | Matthew! Matthew! Come. | 马修! 马修! |
[17:32] | Aluk, Oqwatnuk, what happened? | 阿鲁克 奥夸努克 怎么了? |
[17:34] | They took Ka’kwet. HE PANTS | 他们把卡克维特带走了 |
[17:37] | Stole her. | 抢走了 |
[17:38] | Our camp is moving to coastal grounds | 我们要把寨子搬到海边去了 |
[17:41] | so our other children will be safe. | 以确保我们其他孩子的安全 |
[17:43] | We must find her. | 我们一定要找到她 |
[17:45] | Can you help us? | 你能帮我们吗? |
[17:46] | I… I… I don’t understand. Isn’t Ka’kwet at school? | 我不明白 卡克维特不是在上学吗? |
[17:48] | She escaped. Came… | 她逃走了 回家了 |
[17:51] | MATTHEW: Whoa, whoa, whoa! | |
[17:53] | – Lean on me. – OQWATNUK MUMBLES | 你靠着我 |
[17:54] | Go on. | |
[17:57] | – MATTHEW: That’s it. – MARILLA: Oh no. | -我扶着你 -扶好了 |
[17:59] | MATTHEW: Put your weight on me. | 把重心放在我身上 |
[18:04] | I can’t believe they shot you. | 他们竟然会开枪打你 |
[18:05] | To take her back to school? I just… I don’t understand. | 就为了带她去学校?我简直… 我不明白 |
[18:09] | We must go. | 我们得走了 |
[18:10] | IN MI’KMAQ: When I finish. | 先等我弄完 |
[18:14] | Matthew! Can we take them? | 马修 我们能带他们去吗? |
[18:16] | I know where it is. Surely we can reason this through? | 我知道地方 我们一定可以跟他们讲道理 |
[18:23] | We’d be happy to help. | 我们很愿意帮忙 |
[18:25] | Matthew? A word, please. | 马修 借一步说话 |
[18:35] | We cannot and will not involve ourselves and that is final. | 我们不能也不会牵涉其中 就这么定了 |
[18:38] | – A crime has been committed… – It’s not our problem. | 这是一个犯罪行为 这又不是我们的问题 |
[18:40] | …against a child. | 是对孩子的犯罪 |
[18:41] | It is dangerous… and I forbid it. | 这样很危险 我不允许! |
[18:48] | We can’t abandon them in their time of need. | 我们不能在他们需要的时候抛弃他们 |
[18:50] | No one will listen to them. We have to help. | 没有人会听他们的 我们必须帮忙 |
[18:53] | Marilla? | 玛丽拉 |
[18:54] | Please. | 求你了 |
[18:56] | It is the right thing to do. | 这是符合道义的事 |
[18:59] | Your foolhardy ways have put us in this position, Anne. | 是你的鲁莽让我们陷入此境 安妮 |
[19:02] | – If you hadn’t fraternised with them… – Ka’kwet is my friend! | 要不是你和他们来往… 卡克维特是我的朋友! |
[19:08] | IN MI’KMAQ: Please help us. | 求求你帮帮我们 |
[19:11] | My children are my whole world. My heart. | 我的孩子是我的全世界和心头肉 |
[19:13] | SHE SNIFFS | |
[19:16] | You have your baby. She’s safe. | 你的孩子在你身边 她很安全 |
[19:18] | SHE SNIFFS | |
[19:25] | Where is my child? | 可我的孩子在哪儿? |
[19:29] | Without her, how can I live? | 没有了她 我该怎么活下去? |
[19:33] | How can she live? Please. | 她又怎么活下去?求你了 |
[19:39] | – She says… – I’ve… | -她说… -我… |
[19:41] | I believe I understood. | 我想我听明白了 |
[19:46] | Mm. | |
[19:48] | There we go. | 好了 |
[19:50] | I expect there’s just enough room for your young friend to ride back. | 后面应该刚好够你朋友回来的时候坐 |
[19:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:02] | I expect, er, we’ll be back in… two days’ time. | 我想想 我们应该会… 两天后回来 |
[20:07] | Mm. | |
[20:34] | Choose as many as you’d like. | 你想选几条选几条 |
[20:38] | Er… Sebastian? | 赛巴什汀 |
[20:40] | You didn’t tell me Avonlea had a special fish delivery. | 你没跟我说艾凡里有专门的送鱼服务 |
[20:43] | Lovely to meet you, ma’am. | 很高兴认识你 女士 |
[20:45] | You must be Miss Breeze. | 你一定是“透气小姐” |
[20:47] | Oh, no, I’m Muriel Stacy. | 哦 不 我是穆丽尔斯塔西 |
[20:49] | I’m pleased to make the acquaintance of the woman who raised | 我很高兴认识 养育了如此绝世好男人的女人 |
[20:52] | such an extraordinary man. | |
[20:53] | Yes, I keep hearing how proud I should be. | 是啊 我总听人说我应该有多自豪 |
[20:56] | Making a life here isn’t easy for outsiders. | 要在这里生活 对外来者并非易事 |
[20:59] | I, for one, found inspiration in his success. | 就我而言 他的成功令我深受鼓舞 |
[21:02] | Yes, turns out he doesn’t really need my help. | 是啊 结果他并不需要我帮忙 |
[21:05] | Did he tell you he’s sending me back? | 他有说他要把我打发走吗? |
[21:07] | Ask her to tell you about her habit of wilfully misunderstanding me. | 让她跟你说说她故意曲解我的习惯吧 |
[21:11] | Miss Stacy is the local teacher | 斯塔西小姐是当地的老师 |
[21:13] | and a family friend and neighbour. | 也是家庭朋友和邻居 |
[21:15] | She’s here to generously share her catch with us. | 她是来慷慨分享她钓到的鱼的 |
[21:17] | And learn the hard way it might be smarter to be selfish. | 然后吃到苦头 学会自私也许更明智 |
[21:20] | Oh, there’s plenty for me to take home to my smoker. | 哦 我拿回去烟熏的鱼绰绰有余 |
[21:23] | Have you tried smoked fish? | 你吃过熏鱼吗? |
[21:25] | In Trinidad… I didn’t mind it. | 在特立尼达吃过 味道还行 |
[21:27] | Excellent. Well, I’ll build you one. | 那太好了 我可以给你造一个熏炉 |
[21:29] | My welcome gift to you. | 就当是欢迎礼了 |
[21:31] | Sebastian, I’m glad I misunderstood you. | 赛巴什汀 幸好我误会你的意思了 |
[21:34] | I can’t possibly leave Canada | 我要有熏炉了 我才不会离开加拿大 |
[21:36] | with a smoker in my future. SHE LAUGHS | |
[21:51] | Anne! | 安妮! |
[21:52] | Mercy me! Oh! | 吓我一跳! |
[21:54] | I need to see Anne. Is she here? | 我需要见安妮 她在吗? |
[21:57] | No, I’m… I’m afraid you’ve missed her. | 恐怕你错过她了 |
[21:59] | She’s… she’s gone away | 她… 她走了 |
[22:01] | with Matthew. | 和马修一起 |
[22:03] | She’ll return in two days. | 她两天后会回来 |
[22:04] | DIANA: Oh, no! | 哦 糟了 不要啊 出什么事了? |
[22:05] | – Oh, no, no, no, no! – What… what’s wrong? | |
[22:08] | Everything! | 大事不好了! |
[22:09] | Gilbert is going to propose to Winifred. | 基尔伯特打算向温妮弗雷德求婚! |
[22:11] | Oh. SHE SHIVERS | 哦! |
[22:13] | I know! | 就是说啊! 可怜的安妮 (故事会:1896-1898年 我们与真理同在) |
[22:14] | SHE SIGHS Poor Anne. | |
[22:17] | SHE SIGHS | |
[22:39] | HE CHUCKLES | |
[23:28] | HAZEL: Maybe so. | 是 哪怕她是全世界最好的邻居 |
[23:29] | Maybe she’s the best neighbour in all the world | |
[23:31] | but you cannot be alone with a white woman! | 你也不能和一个白种女人独处! |
[23:32] | BASH: Meeting her wasn’t planned. | 我们没有相约见面 |
[23:34] | Not by a lake, not even in church. And especially not in your house. | 湖边不行 连教堂也不行 尤其不能在你家里 |
[23:37] | BASH: You embarrassed me for spite. | 你就是故意让我难堪 |
[23:39] | – Embarrassment won’t bleed ya! – What is that supposed to mean? | 难堪起码不会流血 你这话什么意思? |
[23:42] | I have a good life here, it’s not perfect, but Mary… | 我在这里过得很好 这并不完美 但是玛丽… |
[23:45] | We found kindness. I won’t let you ruin it. | 我们被善意对待 我不会让你毁了它 |
[23:46] | – HAZEL: So, you’ll ruin your child instead? – BASH: No! | 所以你就想毁了你的孩子? 不 我会教她 如何在好人身边做一个好人 |
[23:49] | I’ll teach her how to be a good person around good people | |
[23:51] | and, when the time comes, how to manage those who aren’t! | 等时机成熟了 再教她如何对付坏人 |
[23:53] | Mum, I want you here but you have to… you have to trust me. | 妈 我想让你留下 可是你得… 你得信任我 |
[23:56] | Me and Mary worked hard to build a community for our family. | 我和玛丽努力为我们一家 营造了一个大集体 |
[23:59] | We have many good and caring friends here in Avonlea. | 我们在艾凡里这儿 有很多关心我们的好朋友 |
[24:02] | MUFFLED VOICES | |
[24:06] | It’s not you I don’t trust. | 我不信任的不是你 |
[24:09] | But it is your house, so, you said things have to change, so I will. | 不过这是你的房子 所以 既然你说要做出改变 我会照做 真的吗? |
[24:16] | Er, really? | |
[24:19] | I did not see that coming. | 这还挺出人意料的 |
[24:24] | Oh! | |
[24:25] | Whoa. | |
[24:28] | I’ll see you in the morning? | 那就明早见了? |
[24:30] | Good night, Sebastian. | 晚安 赛巴什汀 |
[24:59] | OWL HOOTS | |
[25:12] | OQWATNUK CRIES | |
[25:28] | OQWATNUK SOBS | |
[25:30] | I’m sure it’s all a terrible mistake… | 他们一定是彻底搞错了 |
[25:33] | and we’ll fix everything tomorrow. | 我们明天会解决一切的 |
[25:36] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[25:38] | To you both. | 你们也是 |
[25:46] | I remember… | 我还记得当时的心痛 历历在目 就是我当初去找你的时候 可是这个 |
[25:48] | the pain all too well when I went to find you. | |
[25:53] | HE SIGHS But this… | |
[25:56] | I can’t imagine. | 我无法想象 |
[25:59] | “Melkita’ulamun.” | 麦尔吉塔乌拉木 |
[26:03] | That’s the name Ka’kwet gave me. | 那是卡克维特给我起的名字 |
[26:06] | Hm. | |
[26:08] | It means, “A strong, brave heart.” | 意思是“强大而勇敢的心” |
[26:12] | SHE SIGHS | |
[26:14] | I hope it’s true. | 但愿这是真的 |
[26:16] | Mm. | |
[26:18] | We have to get her back, Matthew. | 我们一定要把她带回来 马修 |
[26:21] | We have to. | 一定要 |
[26:24] | HE GRUNTS | |
[26:26] | SHE SIGHS | |
[26:37] | MATTHEW: Whoa, whoa, whoa! | 吁 啊 土豆 |
[26:44] | MATTHEW MUTTERS | |
[26:53] | SHUTTER OPENS | |
[26:54] | ALUK: Ka’kwet? You have Ka’kwet? | |
[26:56] | – WOMAN: Go away. – SHUTTER SLAMS | |
[27:05] | ANNE: Are they bringing Ka’kwet? | 他们会带卡克维特出来吗? |
[27:07] | She told us to go away. | 她叫我们走开 |
[27:11] | Oh, that doesn’t make sense. | 这可没道理 |
[27:23] | We don’t wanna take up too much of your time but we would… | 我们不想占用你太多时间 但是我们想… |
[27:27] | Yeah, we’d be m-mighty grateful to speak with you. | 能和你谈谈的话 我们将不胜感激 |
[27:30] | Sister. | 修女 |
[27:36] | Good day to you, sir. How may I help you? | 你好 先生 请问有何贵干? |
[27:38] | ANNE: Hello, again. | 你好 又见面了 |
[27:39] | I came here before to see my friend. Remember? | 我上次来找过我的朋友 记得吗? |
[27:42] | She was just inexplicably brought back here by force. | 她刚被毫无理由地强行带了回来 |
[27:45] | You call her, “Hannah”? | 你叫她“汉娜”? |
[27:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:49] | Hannah is perfectly fine. | 汉娜安然无恙 |
[27:51] | Good. | 她没事 |
[27:52] | IN MI’KMAQ: She’s here. | 她在这儿 |
[27:53] | Please, er, fetch her, Sister. | 麻烦你 叫她过来 修女 |
[27:56] | There was a mistake, you see, and her parents… | 事情出了差错 是这样 她父母并不想要她来这里 |
[28:00] | they don’t want her here. | |
[28:02] | So, we’ve come to take Ka’kwet home. | 所以我们是来接卡克维特回家的 |
[28:06] | That will not be possible, sir. | 这是不可能的 先生 |
[28:13] | What is going on here? | 这里是什么情况? |
[28:14] | This is a school, not a prison. | 这是一所学校 不是监狱 |
[28:17] | MATTHEW: Alright, this is preposterous. | 这事太荒谬了 |
[28:18] | I insist! | 我执意要带走她! |
[28:21] | You bring their child out… at once! | 你去把他们的孩子 带出来 立刻! |
[28:25] | Or we’ll fetch the authorities. | 不然我们就叫政府的人来 |
[28:30] | SHE GASPS | |
[28:33] | IN MI’KMAQ: They’ll kill you this time! | 他们这回会杀了你的 |
[28:35] | – Clear out! – Let’s just… | -快走! -我们先… |
[28:36] | You watch yourselves, now! | 你现在给我注意点 |
[28:39] | Or what, old man? | 不然呢 老头儿? |
[28:41] | I said go! | 我叫你们走 |
[28:42] | You do what’s right, and we will. | 你们按道理放人 我们就走 |
[28:44] | Get out of my face! | 给我滚远点 |
[28:47] | Hand over their child! | 把他们的孩子交出来 |
[28:49] | That little savage is right where she needs to be. | 这就是那个小野蛮人应该待的地方 |
[28:52] | Ka’kwet! | 卡克维特! |
[28:54] | – Ka’kwet! | – Ka’kwet! 卡克维特! |
[28:56] | – Ka’kwet! | – Ka’kwet! 卡克维特! |
[28:58] | Ka’kwet! | 卡克维特! |
[28:59] | IN MI’KMAQ: Help! | 救命啊! |
[29:00] | Ka’kwet! | -卡克维特! –把你的臭嘴闭上! 不然我让你闭嘴! |
[29:01] | Shut your fool face or I’ll shut it for ya! | |
[29:03] | Leave her be! | 你离她远点 |
[29:04] | HE LAUGHS | |
[29:05] | – THEY GRUNT – Hey! | |
[29:07] | ANNE: Matthew! Matthew! | 哦 马修! |
[29:08] | IN MI’KMAQ: Help! | 救命啊! |
[29:11] | MAN: Whoa! | 喂 |
[29:19] | Please? | 求你们了 |
[29:22] | We can trade. | 我们可以做个交易 |
[29:24] | You take this, we take our daughter. | 你们拿走这个 我们带走我们的女儿 |
[29:27] | SISTER: Everyone. Everyone, please. Calm down. | 各位 拜托了 冷静一下 你们误会我了 我来解释一下 |
[29:31] | You misunderstand me. Let me explain. | |
[29:39] | I do not have the authorisation to release any children. | 我没有释放任何孩子的权限 |
[29:43] | IN MI’KMAQ: Help! | 救命啊! |
[29:45] | You need to discuss this with Father Beck. | 这件事你们得和贝克神父商量 |
[29:48] | Unfortunately, he is away for a fortnight. | 不巧的是 他两周后才会回来 |
[29:51] | So… please… | 所以 请你们 |
[29:53] | come back at a later date and take the matter up with him. | 过几天再来 找他解决这件事 |
[30:05] | IN MI’KMAQ: Help! Help! I’m here! | 救命啊!我在这里! 救命啊! |
[30:12] | I can bring you back here in two weeks | 我可以两周后带你们回来 |
[30:14] | – when the priest has returned. – Yes! | 到时候神父就回来了 对 |
[30:17] | We will be heard. You’ll see, we’ll get her back. | 我们的诉求会被听见 你们等着 我们会让她回来的 |
[30:19] | We’re not leaving without our child. | 不接走孩子 我们就不会离开 |
[30:22] | We will camp here. | 我们会在这里扎营 |
[30:24] | Fine by me. | 我觉得可以 |
[30:26] | Our presence here will speak volumes. | 我们的坚守会彰显我们的决心 |
[30:28] | MATTHEW: Anne! No, we… we… we can’t stay! | 安妮 不行 我们不能留下 |
[30:31] | It’s harvest time. | 现在是收获时节 |
[30:33] | – Marilla will be sick with worry. – We can send Marilla a telegram | 玛丽拉会担心坏的 我们可以给她发封电报 |
[30:36] | and I’m sure the crop can hold for a fortnight! | 庄稼肯定可以晚两周再收! |
[30:38] | – This is too important. – Anne, you know, it… | 此事非同小可 安妮 你知道的 这事等不得 我必须回去 |
[30:40] | it can’t wait, and I have to be there. | |
[30:42] | So go, then, if you don’t care! | 那你走啊! -既然你不在乎! -我当然在乎 |
[30:44] | Of course, of course, I care. | |
[30:46] | – But just be reas… – I am not abandoning them | -你理智点… -我不会抛弃他们! |
[30:48] | in their time of need, I am staying! | 他们需要帮助!我就要留下! |
[30:51] | We are very grateful for all you’ve done. | 我们非常感激你们做的一切 |
[30:55] | We will handle it from here. | 接下来的就交给我们吧 |
[30:57] | It’s like your father said. | 就像你父亲说的 |
[30:59] | It is a misunderstanding. | 这是一场误会 |
[31:00] | The nun said so, too. | 修女也这么说了 |
[31:02] | This will all be solved when the priest arrives. | 神父一回来 一切便能得到解决 |
[31:06] | You can go now, with our thanks. | 你们可以走了 我们很感激 |
[31:09] | We can’t just go. We can’t just go! I’m not leaving! I can’t, I… | 我们不能就这么离开!我不走! 我不能… |
[31:12] | IN MI’KMAQ: You don’t have to worry. | |
[31:15] | – What’s she saying? – “Don’t worry, brave girl.” | -她说什么? -“别担心 勇敢的姑娘” |
[31:17] | SHE SPEAKS MI’KMAQ | |
[31:21] | “We will not give up.” | “我们不会放弃” |
[31:23] | SHE SPEAKS MI’KMAQ | |
[31:26] | ANNE SOBS | |
[31:30] | “All will be well.” | “一切都会没事的” |
[31:53] | That was all… mighty disturbing. | 刚才的一切真是令人不安 |
[31:56] | Stealing children… | 偷走孩子 |
[31:58] | from their family. | 还是从家人手里 |
[31:59] | Deny the parents. | 不让父母带走孩子 |
[32:01] | – I’ve never seen or heard the like. – It’s despicable! | 这是我见所未见 闻所未闻的 太卑鄙了! |
[32:04] | Ka’kwet is not an orphan. She has a home. | 卡克维特又不是孤儿 她是有家可归的 |
[32:08] | Parents who want her, love her. | 有想要她、爱她的父母 |
[32:12] | Well… | 既然如此 |
[32:16] | maybe we can help another way. | 也许我们可以换个方式帮忙 |
[32:18] | People need to know what’s going on. | 人们需要知道当下的情况 |
[32:21] | We can write a letter. | 我们可以写一封信 |
[32:23] | To a newspaper? | 写给报社 |
[32:26] | Let’s write to The Globe. | 我们写给《环球报》吧 |
[32:27] | If it’s printed in the paper and everyone in Canada finds out… | 要是登报了 让加拿大的每个人都知道了 |
[32:31] | the outrage will change everything. | 群起激愤会改变一切 |
[32:36] | Then, that’s what we’ll do. | 那我们就这么办吧 |
[32:38] | That’s what we’ll do. | 我们就这么办 |
[32:48] | HORSE HOOVES THUD | |
[33:06] | FATHER BECK: Good evening to you. | 晚上好 |
[33:08] | The government has decreed it’s best for your kind to assimilate. | 政府有规定 你们的族人最好被同化 |
[33:12] | Schools like ours will ensure that transition. | 我们这类学校会确保这种过渡 |
[33:15] | God willing, we will kill the Indian, but save the child. | 若上帝应允 我们会抹杀印第安文化 拯救孩子 |
[33:19] | So, you must leave. | 所以你们必须离开 |
[33:21] | It’s for their own good, and it’s the law. | 这是为了他们好 这也是法律 |
[33:23] | We know what’s best for our child. | 我们知道什么对孩子最好 |
[33:27] | – She needs to be… – You’re trespassing. | -她需要… -你们这是非法侵入 |
[33:28] | Leave immediately or face arrest. | 不立刻离开的话就会被逮捕 |
[33:31] | If you care about the welfare of your child… | 如果你们真是为了孩子好 |
[33:35] | you’ll do as I say. | 就照我的话做 |
[33:38] | Thank you, gentlemen. | 谢谢二位警官 |
[33:48] | HE SOBS | |
[33:52] | Ka’kwet… | |
[33:57] | HE GROANS | |
[34:00] | IN MI’KMAQ: They’ll hurt her if we don’t go. | 我们不走的话 他们会伤害她 |
[34:04] | SHE SOBS | |
[34:06] | IN MI’KMAQ: We’ll camp close by… | 我们会在附近扎营 |
[34:08] | and figure out a way to get her. | 然后想办法带走她 |
[34:11] | We won’t leave without her. | 不接到她就不走 |
[34:16] | When we have her, we’ll disappear | 一接到她 我们就销声匿迹 |
[34:19] | so they can never take her again. | 这样他们就再也带不走她了 |
[34:22] | These people and their laws won’t break us. | 这些人和他们的法律不会击垮我们 |
[34:24] | We will prevail. | 我们会胜利的 |
[34:38] | HE SIGHS | |
[34:45] | HE SIGHS | |
[34:53] | HORSES NEIGH | |
[34:56] | Oh! | 哦! |
[35:05] | ANNE PANTS | |
[35:14] | ANNE SIGHS | |
[35:19] | Oh, Marilla, it was all so horribly unjust! | 玛丽拉 简直是太不公平了! |
[35:21] | And-and I didn’t wanna leave, but they insisted | 我不想离开 可他们执意让我走 |
[35:23] | and they vowed not to give up until Ka’kwet is released. | 并发誓会坚持到卡克维特被释放 |
[35:26] | Oh, what a harrowing experience. | 哦 多么煎熬的经历啊 |
[35:30] | We must trust and hope that everything will be sorted | 我们要相信并希望一切都能得到解决 |
[35:33] | and they’ll be reunited soon. | 他们能早日团圆 |
[35:36] | Now, I think it’s best you have a rest. | 现在 我觉得你最好去休息一下 |
[35:39] | You’ve had a trying few days. | 你这几天过得很辛苦 |
[35:42] | I was also very sorry to hear the news about Gilbert. | 我也为基尔伯特的消息深感遗憾 |
[35:45] | What about Gilbert? | 基尔伯特怎么了? |
[35:46] | Diana was here. | 戴安娜来过了 |
[35:48] | She told me he plans to propose to Winifred after all. | 她说他还是决定向温妮弗雷德求婚 |
[35:50] | I’m sorry it didn’t go well when you spoke with him. | 我很遗憾你和他的谈话不顺利 |
[35:53] | We didn’t speak. | 我们没有谈话 |
[35:56] | He wasn’t home so I left a note. | 他不在家 于是我留了一张字条 |
[36:01] | I guess love doesn’t conquer all. | 看来爱并不能战胜一切 |
[36:10] | DIANA: You bared your soul in your note. | 你在字条里掏心掏肺 |
[36:12] | – I never thought Gilbert Blythe… – Did he actually read it before | 没想到基尔伯特布莱斯会如此无礼 他在做出重大承诺前真的有读吗? 还是直接扔进火里了? |
[36:14] | making such a dear promise, or did he just throw it in a fire? | |
[36:17] | He gave another girl his mother’s ring. You don’t need him. | 他把他母亲的戒指给了别的姑娘 你不需要他 |
[36:19] | Was I supposed to wait outside his home until he came back? What if… | 我应该在他家门口等着 -直到他回来吗?万一… -没有男生 我们无比自由 可是话说回来 |
[36:22] | – Without boys, we’re gloriously free. – …but then again… | |
[36:25] | This is ridiculous! | 这太荒谬了! |
[36:27] | Why am I doing this to myself? I can’t see into his mind. | 我为什么要这么折磨自己? 我又看不透他的心思 |
[36:31] | But you know what I can do? | 你知道我能做什么吗? |
[36:32] | Ask. | 问他 |
[36:34] | And even if his words are hurtful, I will have facts and I will recover. | 哪怕他的话会伤人 至少我会得到真相 我会走出这段伤痛的 |
[36:38] | You have such a brave heart, Anne. | 你真是有一颗勇敢的心 安妮 |
[36:41] | There are plenty worse things than hurt feelings, believe me. | 比感情受伤更糟的事多着呢 相信我 |
[36:51] | Could I touch your plate? | 我能碰你的盘子吗? |
[36:53] | Of course. | 当然 |
[36:55] | Don’t watch me like that. It’s your house. | 别那么看着我 这是你的房子 |
[36:58] | I want to make sure I have your permission. | 我要明确得到你的允许 |
[37:00] | CLATTERING NOISE | |
[37:02] | Oh, er, could I touch your broom? I want to sweep up. | 我能动你的扫帚吗? 我想打扫一下 |
[37:05] | Assuming it’s all right for me to touch your dust. | 我应该可以动你的灰尘吧? |
[37:07] | So, this is why you came here? To torture me. | 所以这就是你来的目的 折磨我 |
[37:09] | You didn’t get enough of a chance before I left Trinidad? | 我离开特立尼达之前没给够机会吗? |
[37:12] | Oh, please, I can’t hear about you and that leftover callaloo again. | 拜托 我不想再听你和吃剩的炖菜的事了 |
[37:15] | I’m talking about the nit-picking and the dropped words. | 我是说你的挑剔和谩骂 |
[37:17] | The coldness and the criticising. | 你的冰冷无情和肆意指责 |
[37:18] | How you make people feel like they’re nothing… unless they’re white! | 你让人觉得自己一无是处 除非他们是白人! |
[37:21] | What does that say about you, Mum? | 这说明什么问题 母亲? |
[37:22] | That you’re nicer to white folk than you are your own family? | 你对白人比对自己的家人还要好 |
[37:25] | Poor Daddy. | 可怜的爹地 |
[37:27] | “Poor Daddy” what? | 什么“可怜的爹地”? |
[37:29] | You think I tortured your father? | 你觉得我折磨了你父亲吗? |
[37:30] | I was small but I remember how you two argued. | 我当时还小 但我记得你俩吵架 |
[37:32] | And then he was just gone. | 然后他就不见了 |
[37:34] | If you’re not pushing people away, you’re driving them away. | 你不把人撵走 别人也会对你敬而远之 |
[37:40] | You remember me chasing your father out of our lives? | 在你的记忆里 我把你父亲撵出了我们的生活? |
[37:45] | What else? | 还有呢? |
[37:47] | – Tell me! – I remember he gave me a toy. | 说啊 我记得他给过我一个玩具 |
[37:49] | One just like what the kids had in the Big House | 和主人家里的孩子玩的一模一样 |
[37:52] | and when he brought it, you got so mad. | 他给我的时候 你大为震怒 |
[37:53] | – Why didn’t you want me to have anything nice? – You wanted “nice”. | 你为什么不让我有任何好东西? 你想要“好东西” |
[37:56] | I wanted you to survive. | 而我想要你活命 |
[37:58] | The white people I knew didn’t want black people to have anything. | 我所认识的白人 不想让黑人拥有任何东西 |
[38:02] | And your father, he… | 而你父亲 他… |
[38:06] | Your father got too big for himself. | 你的父亲太膨胀了 |
[38:08] | He wanted too much. | 他想要的太多了 |
[38:09] | A house, land, a business. | 房子 土地 还想经商 |
[38:14] | And he caught his death for it. | 他为此葬送了性命 |
[38:20] | BASH: They hanged him? | 他被他们绞死了? |
[38:26] | My father was lynched. | 我父亲是被私刑处死的 |
[38:29] | – Why didn’t you tell me? – You are my one son. | 为什么没告诉我? 你是我唯一的儿子 |
[38:33] | All I had left. | 我只剩下你了 |
[38:34] | And just as hard-headed, just as ambitious. | 而且你和他一样固执 一样有野心 |
[38:37] | BABY CRIES | |
[38:40] | No, no, no. Let her cry. | 别去 就让她哭 |
[38:43] | The only thing more dangerous than being hard-headed is being soft. | 唯一比固执更危险的就是软弱 |
[38:57] | ANNE PANTS | |
[38:59] | SHE KNOCKS RAPIDLY | |
[39:01] | SHE EXHALES HEAVILY | |
[39:05] | I know you want to protect her. | 我知道你想保护她 |
[39:08] | But this isn’t how. | 但不能用这个方式 |
[39:10] | SHE KNOCKS | |
[39:12] | What damage could I do, compared to the world? | 我能造成什么伤害? 能比得上这个世界吗? |
[39:15] | She’ll be exposed like… | 她今后会很脆弱 就像… |
[39:18] | like your heart beating outside your chest for anyone to harm. | 就像心脏露在外面 任凭别人伤害 |
[39:23] | You can’t control it | 这是你无法控制的 这是最糟糕的 |
[39:24] | – that is the worst thing. – ANNE SIGHS | |
[39:26] | Until you lose someone… | 直到你失去了某人 |
[39:28] | a husband… | 丈夫 |
[39:30] | a wife. | 妻子 |
[39:32] | Once that heart cracks, the only way to keep living is to harden it. | 一旦心破碎了 继续活命的唯一方法 就是有一副铁石心肠 |
[39:38] | Even if your child will never forgive you. | 哪怕你的孩子永远不会原谅你 |
[39:43] | What you don’t understand, Sebastian, is that I gave you a gift. | 赛巴什汀 你不明白的是 我给了你一份礼物 |
[39:47] | You grew up strong because of me. | 你能够茁壮成长 是因为我 |
[39:54] | What you don’t understand | 你不明白的是 |
[39:55] | is that I grew up strong in spite of you. | 我没有让你阻碍我茁壮成长 |
[40:00] | KNOCK ON DOOR | |
[40:02] | ANNE SIGHS | |
[40:05] | Hello! I brought these for your mother. | 你好 这花是给你母亲的 |
[40:07] | For your household. For all of you, really, including Gilbert. | 给你们家 你们所有人 包括基尔伯特 |
[40:10] | Is he at home? | 他在吗? |
[40:12] | Gilbert left for Charlottetown early this morning. | 基尔伯特一大早就去沙洛镇了 |
[40:14] | Oh… | 哦 |
[40:17] | Oh, I… I see. | 哦 这样啊 |
[40:19] | Thank you for the flowers. | 谢谢你的花 |
[40:36] | A gift to you from another generous neighbour. | 另一位慷慨的邻居送给你的礼物 |
[40:40] | I did the best I knew how. | 我尽我最大的努力了 |
[41:08] | INDIGENOUS MUSIC PLAYS |