时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | – Keep up. – Yes, Sister. | – 拿好。- 是,修女。 |
[00:06] | When Mr. Avery arrives, | 当艾弗瑞先生到达的时候, |
[00:09] | don’t stand there like a lump like last time. | 不要像上次那样傻站着那里。 |
[00:11] | Make haste to meet him. | 赶快去见他。 |
[00:13] | And you, no more dawdling outside, | 还有你,不要在外面磨蹭, |
[00:16] | smelling the air like an animal. | 像动物一样到处嗅。 |
[00:18] | Heave out the trash, then get back. | 把垃圾扔出去,然后回来。 |
[00:20] | Yes, Sister. | 是,修女。 |
[00:23] | It would seem our milkman is tardy. | 看来送牛奶的人来迟了。 |
[00:28] | That is odd. | 真奇怪。 |
[00:30] | Mr. Avery is usually very punctual. | 艾弗瑞先生通常很守时。 |
[00:33] | And punctuality is a virtue. | 守时是一种美德。 |
[00:36] | Get on with it. | 把它放好。 |
[00:47] | My Lord, are you stupid?! | 我的老天,你傻了吗? |
[00:50] | Savage and careless! Get the broom! | 野蛮又粗心!赶快打扫! |
[00:52] | Hannah, hurry up! | 汉娜,快点! |
[00:57] | Hannah? | 汉娜? |
[01:02] | Hannah! | 汉娜? |
[01:05] | Ah… | 啊… |
[01:08] | Hannah! | 汉娜! |
[01:16] | – Got a runner? – A girl. Age 12 or so. | – 跑了一个? – 一个女孩,12岁左右。 |
[01:19] | Not to worry. She won’t get far. | 不用担心,她跑不远。 |
[01:32] | – Quiet! | – 安静! |
[01:33] | Clumsiness is carelessness. Don’t you forget it. | 笨拙是粗心大意。别忘了。 |
[01:45] | Hello there, Sister! Whoa! | 你好,修女!哇! |
[01:47] | – There, there, dear heart. | – 好了,好了,亲爱的。 |
[01:49] | Dear me. | 亲爱的老天。 |
[01:52] | All kinds of commotion! | 各种麻烦! |
[01:55] | I’ll be quick like a bunny and out of your way. | 我会像兔子一样快,不耽误你。 |
[01:58] | I’m afraid we’ve no bottles to return, thanks to this one. | 恐怕我们没有奶瓶退回了,多亏这一蓝。 |
[02:02] | Oh, that’s alright. | 噢,没关系。 |
[02:10] | Now I know better than anyone else | 现在我比任何人都清楚, |
[02:12] | that there’s no use crying over spilled milk, huh? | 对洒在地上的牛奶哭没有用,嗯? |
[02:23] | Useless! | 没用! |
[02:26] | Go inside! | 进去! |
[02:29] | I’m off, Sister. | 我走了,修女。 |
[02:38] | Walk on. | 走把。 |
[02:53] | ♪ First thing we’d climb a tree ♪ | ♪首先我们要爬上一颗树♪ |
[02:57] | ♪ And maybe then we’d talk ♪ | ♪然后我们或许会聊天♪ |
[03:00] | ♪ Or sit silently ♪ | ♪或者静静地坐着♪ |
[03:04] | ♪ And listen to our thoughts ♪ | ♪并倾听我们的心声♪ |
[03:08] | ♪ With illusions of someday ♪ | ♪幻想着有一天♪ |
[03:12] | ♪ Casting a golden light ♪ | ♪发出金色的光芒♪ |
[03:16] | ♪ No dress rehearsal ♪ | ♪没有彩排♪ |
[03:20] | ♪ This is our life ♪ | ♪这就是我们的生活♪ |
[03:24] | ♪ You are ahead by a century ♪ | ♪你领先了一个世纪♪ |
[03:28] | ♪ You are ahead by a century ♪ | ♪你领先了一个世纪♪ |
[03:35] | Good morning! Uh, goodbye! | 早上好!噢,再见! |
[03:37] | Breakfast on the run today. | 今天的早餐很匆忙。 |
[03:40] | Where’s the cause of such a hurry? | 这么着急的原因在哪里? |
[03:42] | Oh, uh… Busy with… the paper. | 哦,呃…忙于…报纸。 |
[03:45] | Our march was so invigorating, | 我们的步伐是如此令人振奋, |
[03:47] | and I’m a pivotal member of the community now. | 现在,我是社区的关键成员。 |
[03:50] | Bye! | 再见! |
[03:58] | – You’re half an hour early! – So are you. | – 你早来半小时!- 你也是。 |
[04:01] | Uh, now that I think of it, | 嗯,现在我想到了, |
[04:03] | uh, I forgot my hair… ribbon, or lost it. | 呃,我忘记了头发…发带,或者弄丢了。 |
[04:06] | Is that an eagle? | 那是一只鹰吗? |
[04:09] | I’ll go see if I can find it. | 我去看看是否能找到它。 |
[04:12] | Uh, you go on ahead! I’ll… | 呃,你继续往前走!我会… |
[04:54] | My… heavens. | 我的…天啊。 |
[04:58] | How could… ? | 怎么可能…? |
[05:05] | Bell. | 钟铃 |
[05:06] | Stove. | 火炉。 |
[05:08] | Oh, no. | 噢,不。 |
[05:10] | – What happened? – No printing-press metal. | – 发生了什么?- 印刷机没了。 |
[05:12] | A printing press doesn’t just up and walk away by itself. | 一台印刷机不会自己走丢。 |
[05:16] | It’s burned to the ground. | 这被烧为平地。 |
[05:18] | – Oh! – It’s all gone. | – 哦!- 一切都没有了。 |
[05:23] | The fire in the stove wasn’t lit. | 炉子里没有火。 |
[05:24] | No lightning… What could’ve… | 没有闪电… 什么可以… |
[05:27] | Ask whoever took the printing press, because it’s not here. | 问问谁拿去了印刷机,因为不在这里。 |
[05:30] | – What do you mean, not here? – What? | – 你的意思是什么,不在这里?- 什么? |
[05:32] | – Taken? – Somebody did this? | – 被拿走了? – 有人做了这些? |
[05:35] | – On purpose? – I believe it. | – 故意的?- 我相信这个。 |
[05:37] | – Who would… ? – People who didn’t like us | – 谁会…? – 不喜欢我们 |
[05:38] | – challenging them. – They can’t get away with this. | – 向他们挑战的人。 – 他们逃不掉的。 |
[05:40] | We have to do something! | 我们必须做点什么! |
[05:41] | We did do something, and this was the result! | 我们确实做了一些事情,这就是结果! |
[05:44] | And now we have nothing. | 现在我们什么都没有了。 |
[05:46] | It’s all my fault. | 都是我的错。 |
[05:48] | This is not Anne’s fault. | 这不是安妮的错。 |
[05:50] | Nor any of yours. | 不是你们任何人的错。 |
[05:52] | This is the fault of small minds! | 这是心胸狭窄的错! |
[05:56] | We don’t know exactly what happened, and we may never, | 我们不确定发生了什么,也许永远不知道, |
[05:58] | but we cannot let it knock us down or silence us. | 但是我们不能让它击倒我们,或者让我们沉默。 |
[06:02] | Yes, this is a vile, spineless act. | 是的,这是卑鄙的、懦弱的行为。 |
[06:06] | But it’s proof positive that we made an impact. | 这证明我们产生了积极的影响。 |
[06:10] | Kudos to you. | 恭喜你们。 |
[06:12] | Now is the time to focus on your futures | 现在是时候关注你们的未来, |
[06:16] | and the Queens entrance exams, | 和进入皇后区考试阶段了, |
[06:18] | and not on this act of… cowardice! | 这并不是胆怯…行为! |
[06:30] | Mrs. Lynde?!! | 林德太太?! |
[06:32] | Anne? | 安妮? |
[06:35] | Anne? | 安妮? |
[06:36] | How could you stand by and let it happen? | 你怎么能忍受让这事发生? |
[06:39] | – What are… – You cannot hold us down! | – 什么… – 你不能压制我们! |
[06:41] | Burn our school? We will rise. | 烧了我们的学校?我们会崛起的。 |
[06:44] | We will take your fear and turn it into fuel. | 我们将用你的胆怯变成燃料。 |
[06:47] | – Burn your school? – Burn your school? | – 烧了你们的学校? – 烧了你们的学校? |
[06:49] | Our school is ashes. As is everything in it, | 我们的学校化为灰烬,就像里面的一切一样, |
[06:53] | aside from what was metal! The bell is still there, | 除了金属!钟铃还在那里, |
[06:55] | the stove. | 还有炉子。 |
[06:57] | Curiously, the printing press is not. | 奇怪的是,印刷机不在了。 |
[07:07] | You didn’t know… so how could you be responsible? | 你不知道…那你怎么能负责呢? |
[07:10] | Because I am a member of that board, | 因为我是该董事会成员, |
[07:13] | and mark my words, it was them. | 并记下我的话,就是他们。 |
[07:16] | I feel it in my bones. | 我从骨子里感觉到它。 |
[07:18] | Yes, they were angry, but never would I have imagined… | 是的,他们很生气,但我从未想过… |
[07:22] | Because it’s unimaginable. | 因为这是不可想象的。 |
[07:23] | It’s more than this. | 不仅如此。 |
[07:26] | The way they spoke of women, myself included, | 他们谈论女性的方式,包括我在内, |
[07:30] | during your manifesto debacle, | 在你的意愿崩溃的时候, |
[07:31] | was eye-opening to say the least. | 至少可以说是大开眼界。 |
[07:33] | Did you really think it was a debacle? | 你真的认为这是一场崩溃吗? |
[07:37] | Not anymore. | 不再是了。 |
[07:40] | I’m glad you forced this to the surface. | 我很高兴你把这事报道出来了。 |
[07:42] | People have revealed themselves | 人们已经展示了他们自己, |
[07:44] | and things will not be the same. | 事情将会不同。 |
[07:47] | I assure you, I am a very good ally to have. | 我向你保证,我是一个很好的盟友。 |
[07:50] | Leave this with me. | 把这事留给我。 |
[08:44] | Thirty days on water and it feels like heaven | 在水上待了30天,回到陆地 |
[08:46] | to be back on land. | 就像在天堂。 |
[08:48] | But I never did see anything like New York City. | 但是,我从没有看到像纽约一样的城市。 |
[08:51] | That Statue of Liberty is something to behold. | 那自由女神像值得一看。 |
[08:54] | When I asked how was your trip, I meant… | 当我问你的旅途如何时,我的意思… |
[08:56] | Did I catch a glare every dock, | 是不是每到一个码头、一艘船、一列火车, |
[08:59] | boat and train I stepped on? | 我都会受到怒视? |
[09:01] | You’d think I wouldn’t notice anymore, | 你以为我不会再注意到, |
[09:03] | for how long I’ve been navigating white folk. | 我已经在白人中间航行了这么久。 |
[09:05] | How long is that? A hundred years? | 多长时间?一百年? |
[09:09] | I might be 100, but that’s not too old | 我可能100岁了,但这还不算太老, |
[09:12] | I can’t make it sting if I’ve a mind to smack ya. | 如果我想打你的话,我不会感到刺痛。 |
[09:18] | I didn’t think you’d come. | 我没想到你会来。 |
[09:21] | Why did you? | 你为什么这么想? |
[09:22] | Because your wife died and a child needs a caretaker. | 因为你妻子去世了,而一个孩子需要照顾。 |
[09:26] | How much further? | 前面还有多远? |
[09:27] | Lord knows I’ve traveled clear across the world. | 上帝知道我环游了世界。 |
[09:29] | Don’t tell me it’s another while. | 别告诉我,这是另一个时间。 |
[09:32] | Not long now. | 现在不要多久了。 |
[09:36] | If nothing else, at least I can offer you refreshments. | 如果没有别的事情,至少我可以为你们沏茶。 |
[09:42] | It’s so infuriating! | 这真是让人生气! |
[09:44] | Poor Miss Stacy. Poor all of us. | 可怜的史黛西小姐,可怜的我们。 |
[09:47] | Now we’re all crammed in here, | 现在我们都挤在这里了, |
[09:49] | – cramming, because of their heinous actions. – Thank you. | – 挤满了,因为他们令人发指的行为。- 谢谢你。 |
[09:51] | I wonder if Mrs. Lynde | 我想知道林德太太 |
[09:52] | – will actually hold them accountable. – Thank you. | – 是否真的会让他们承担责任。- 谢谢。 |
[09:54] | – Well, if anybody can… | – 好吧,假如每个人能… |
[09:57] | I have to say it was exhilarating | 我不得不说,看到林德太太的 |
[09:59] | seeing the change in Mrs. Lynde. | 变化,真令人振奋。 |
[10:01] | I bet. | 我打赌。 |
[10:02] | Can I borrow your pen? | 我可以借你的钢笔用下吗? |
[10:05] | We took a stand and accomplished something, | 虽然产生了影响,我们还是坚持立场, |
[10:08] | despite the repercussions. Hmm. | 取得了一些成绩,嗯。 |
[10:10] | Maybe because of them. | 也许是因为他们。 |
[10:13] | The school’s burned down, it’s awful… | 学校被烧毁了,太可怕了… |
[10:16] | Argh! | 哎呀! |
[10:17] | Do not get me started. | 不要让我开始。 |
[10:19] | But it’s strange. | 但这很奇怪。 |
[10:21] | It makes me feel like the world is moveable. | 这让我感到世界是可移动的。 |
[10:24] | No matter where life takes me, | 无论生活把我带向那里, |
[10:26] | I now know I must be a relentless thorn | 现在我知道,对于那些拒绝 |
[10:28] | in the side of those who refuse to amend the status quo. | 改变现状的人,我必须让他们芒刺在背。 |
[10:31] | Of course you must. | 当然,你一定是。 |
[10:32] | And I know what I must not be. | 我知道我一定不会。 |
[10:35] | A country doctor, limited to delivering death sentences. | 一位乡村医生,仅限于传递死讯。 |
[10:38] | There’s so much that we don’t yet know. | 我们还不知道的事情太多了。 |
[10:40] | I believe we can fix people, save them. | 我相信我们可以医治人们,拯救他们。 |
[10:44] | We just haven’t figured out how. | 我们只是还没想好怎么做。 |
[10:46] | I would give anything to be there when we do. | 当我们这样做时,我会竭尽所能。 |
[10:50] | Are you going to the Sorbonne? | 你要去索邦大学吗? |
[10:51] | May as well ask if I can fly. | 还不如问我能不能飞。 |
[10:55] | Someday. Someday I will. | 有一天。有一天我会的。 |
[10:59] | They’re like evil children | 他们就像坏孩子, |
[11:00] | who stole a box of matches from their parents. | 从父母那里偷走了一盒火柴。 |
[11:04] | I’d know. | 我知道。 |
[11:05] | How many times did Thomas Jr. | 小托马斯做了多少次。 |
[11:06] | set our shed on fire? And he was 11! | 放火烧了我们的窝棚?他才11岁! |
[11:09] | If you could put some of that anger into dusting… | 如果你可以将一些愤怒撒到灰尘里… |
[11:12] | Hateful souls! | 可恶的灵魂! |
[11:15] | And no consequences, I imagine. No one saw anything. | 我想没有后果,没有人看到任何东西。 |
[11:18] | Won’t they just deny, deny, deny, until it goes away? | 难道他们不否认,否认,否认,直到它消失? |
[11:21] | That they will. | 他们会的。 |
[11:23] | But isn’t the first step | 但是,击败敌人的第一步 |
[11:25] | to defeating an enemy knowing what they plan to do? | 难道不是知道他们的计划吗? |
[11:28] | Heavens! | 天啊! |
[11:30] | Oh. Oh! Oh, Sebastian. | 哦。哦!哦,塞巴斯蒂安。 |
[11:33] | Oh, we’re terribly sorry. | 哦,我们非常抱歉。 |
[11:35] | We meant to have the place shining by the time… | 我们本来打算让这个地方闪闪发亮… |
[11:38] | There was a commotion this morning, in town, | 今早,在镇上发生了骚动, |
[11:40] | but that is no excuse for your mother… Hello… | 但那不是请你母亲原谅的理由…你好… |
[11:43] | … to come into an untidy house. | …进入一个不整洁的房子。 |
[11:45] | – Oh, dear me, what a day. – Welcome. | -哦,我亲爱的,不顺的一天。 – 欢迎 |
[11:47] | How lovely to see you. | 见到你真高兴。 |
[11:49] | What devil did you sell your soul to that you got two white maids | 你把灵魂出卖给了什么恶魔,你居然有两个白人女仆。 |
[11:53] | falling all over themselves not to vex ya? | 竭尽全力讨好你? |
[11:55] | No devil. Hazel Lacroix, | 没有魔鬼。黑泽·勒浍, |
[11:57] | meet Miss Marilla Cuthbert and Mrs. Rachel Lynde. | 见见玛莉拉·卡斯伯特小姐和雷切尔·林德太太。 |
[12:00] | They’re like family to me… cooking, cleaning, | 他们对我像家人…煮饭,清理, |
[12:02] | helping out with Delphine. | 帮忙带多芬。 |
[12:06] | Oh… | 哦… |
[12:10] | Aye-aye-aye. | 咿呀,咿呀,咿呀。 |
[12:12] | Baby girl… | 宝贝女孩… |
[12:16] | Grandma’s here. | 奶奶来了. |
[12:18] | Don’t be sappy now. Hazel is fine. | 别多愁善感了,黑泽很好。 |
[12:20] | – Hmm? Yes. | – 嗯?是。 |
[12:22] | Tell her to focus, Anne?! The exams are tomorrow, | 叫她集中注意力,安妮? 明天就要考试了, |
[12:25] | and all she can do is turn geometric shapes into hearts. | 她所能做的,就是把几何图形变成心形。 |
[12:28] | Who says that being romantic | 谁说浪漫 |
[12:29] | is any less respectable than being studious? | 更不受人尊重呢? |
[12:32] | Ask Gilbert. He’s the most studious | 问吉尔伯特,他最勤奋, |
[12:34] | and he’s romantic. | 也很浪漫。 |
[12:36] | Well, we’re not being romantic. There’s nowhere else… | 好啦,我们不是在浪漫。没有其他地方可… |
[12:38] | Not with you, Anne, with Winifred. | 不是和你,安妮,是和温妮·弗雷德。 |
[12:42] | – How’d you meet her anyway? – How long have you been courting? | -你是怎么认识她的? – 你追求多久了? |
[12:44] | He was squiring her folks around at the fair, | 在集市上,他围着她的家人献殷勤, |
[12:45] | – it must be serious. – It has to be, | – 这必须认真。- 必须如此, |
[12:47] | with a girl so beautiful. Isn’t she, Anne? | 和一个如此美丽的女孩一起。不是吗,安妮? |
[12:50] | – So… beautiful. – When will you see her again? | – 如此…美丽。 – 什么时候再去见她? |
[12:53] | Well… I’m headed into Charlottetown tomorrow | 好吧…明天我去夏洛特镇 |
[12:55] | to take my exams, | 参加考试, |
[12:56] | so I can dine with her and her folks after. | 考完以后,就可以和她以及她的家人一起吃饭了。 |
[12:59] | Dining with the parents, eh? | 和父母一起吃饭吧? |
[13:02] | We’re all going to the ruins after. | 之后我们都会去废墟。 |
[13:04] | – It’s a secret! – You should come. | – 这是秘密!- 你应该来。 |
[13:06] | And bring your fiancée. | 并带上未婚妻。 |
[13:08] | – Ooh! | – 喔哦! |
[13:16] | Diana. Allô. | 黛安娜 你好 |
[13:20] | Lovely to see you. | 见到你很高兴。 |
[13:28] | We can’t meet up anymore. | 我们不能再见面了。 |
[13:29] | We’re apples and oranges. | 我们是苹果和橘子。 |
[13:31] | It just doesn’t make sense. | 只是没有意义。 |
[13:33] | It never did. | 从来没有。 |
[13:34] | I’m not good enough for you? | 我配不上你? |
[13:36] | It’s not that, it’s just… | 不是那样,只是… |
[13:39] | We come from different worlds. | 我们来自不同的世界。 |
[13:40] | And I’m not good enough for you. | 而且我配不上你 |
[13:41] | – I’m going to Paris… – You were always going to Paris. | – 我要去巴黎… – 你总是要去巴黎. |
[13:44] | We were always… as you say, | 正如你所说,我们一直都是…… |
[13:46] | apples and oranges. Why now is it different? | 我们一直都是……苹果和橙子,为什么现在不同? |
[13:48] | It’s not. It’s just… | 不是。只是… |
[13:50] | It’s just that you told Anne, | 只是你告诉了安妮, |
[13:51] | and I thought we were keeping this secret… | 我以为我们保守着这个秘密…… |
[13:53] | Because I’m not good enough for you. | 因为我配不上你。 |
[13:55] | Will you stop saying that? | 你能别再说了吗? |
[13:58] | You’re being rude and… | 你太粗鲁了…… |
[13:59] | and aggressive, and I will not stand for it! | 而且咄咄逼人,我可受不了! |
[14:02] | Here, take them! | 这里,把这些拿走! |
[14:26] | Of… of course we’re happy to see you, Auntie, we’re just… | 当然…我们很高兴见到你,阿姨,我们只是… |
[14:31] | – Su-surprised. – Hmm. | -吃惊。- 嗯。 |
[14:33] | How nice. | 多好。 |
[14:35] | Where might Diana be? | 黛安娜会在哪里? |
[14:44] | Hello, dear one. | 你好,亲爱的朋友。 |
[14:46] | Aunt Josephine! What a wonderful surprise! | 乔瑟芬姑奶!多么奇妙的惊喜! |
[14:49] | Ah… | 啊… |
[14:50] | Your father disagrees. | 你父亲不同意。 |
[14:52] | You should’ve seen his face. Worth the price of admission. | 你真该看看他的脸,值得进来。 |
[14:57] | – What brings you to Avonlea? | – 什么风把你吹到埃文利村来了? |
[15:01] | You. | 你。 |
[15:02] | The Queens entrance exams are tomorrow. | 皇后区的入学考试就在明天。 |
[15:05] | Take them. | 放下一切。 |
[15:06] | Give yourself the option. Don’t condemn yourself | 给自己一个选择,不要因为 |
[15:09] | to someone else’s idea of who you should be. | 别人对你的看法而责备自己。 |
[15:12] | – Uh, I haven’t prepared. – Oh, but you’re intelligent. | – 嗯,我还没准备好。- 哦,但是你很聪明。 |
[15:14] | – You can… – And I’m not going to Queens. | – 你可以… – 我不去皇后区。 |
[15:16] | I’m going to finishing school. | 我打算去礼仪学校。 |
[15:18] | Drivel. Times have changed. | 说傻话。时代已经变了。 |
[15:20] | Go to college! Learn! | 去上大学!学习! |
[15:22] | – I am going to learn. – How to marry well? | – 我要学习。- 为了婚姻吗? |
[15:24] | The course of study is varied… | 学习的过程是多种多样的… |
[15:26] | Which dress to wear? Which smile? | 学穿哪件衣服?哪种微笑? |
[15:30] | You have potential, Diana. | 你有潜力,黛安娜。 |
[15:32] | Demand more from yourself. | 对自己要求更多一些。 |
[15:33] | Don’t accept what your parents have said… | 不要接受你父母所说的话…… |
[15:36] | I don’t have a choice! | 我没有选择! |
[15:37] | Really? | 真的? |
[15:42] | Well… | 好吧… |
[15:45] | Nothing to fear. | 没什么可怕的。 |
[15:47] | You’re beautiful, Paris will adore you. | 你很漂亮,巴黎会喜欢你的。 |
[15:50] | You won’t be very interesting, but you’ll succeed. | 你不会很有趣,但你会成功的。 |
[16:12] | – Good morning. – Good morning, sir. | – 早上好。- 早上好,先生。 |
[16:13] | Oh, it smells wonderful in here! | 哦,这里闻起来真香! |
[16:16] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,先生。 |
[16:19] | I wasn’t sure where you sit. | 我不确定你坐在哪里。 |
[16:23] | Does it look alright? | 看起来还好吗? |
[16:24] | Would you like anything else, Mr. Blythe? | 布莱斯先生,你还想要别的东西吗? |
[16:27] | Oh, no… | 哦,不… |
[16:31] | Thank you. Gilbert, please. | 谢谢。 吉尔伯特,请。 |
[16:34] | And it looks perfect. | 而且看起来很完美。 |
[16:37] | Is Uncle Gilby looking his smartest | 吉尔比叔叔在今天的大考中, |
[16:39] | for his big exam today, baby bunny? | 看起来是最聪明的,是不是,小兔子? |
[16:41] | Oh, hi. Good morning, Delly. | 啊,你好。早上好,多莉。 |
[16:44] | – Hmm? | – 嗯? |
[16:45] | Ouch. | 啊喔。 |
[16:46] | Sit. | 坐下。 |
[16:47] | I’m sure Mr. Blythe doesn’t need that baby in his face | 我敢肯定,布莱斯先生想吃东西的时候, |
[16:50] | when he’s trying to eat! | 他面前不需要那个婴儿! |
[16:54] | – Taste alright, Mr. Blythe? – Gilbert really is fine. | -味道还好吧,布莱斯先生? – 吉尔伯特真的很好。 |
[16:57] | And it’s delicious. | 而且很好吃 |
[16:58] | You sure you have a place to put all that food, Mr. Blythe? | 你确定你有地方放食物吗,布莱斯先生? |
[17:02] | Good news is, you won’t be staying skinny long | 好消息是,你在镇上不会和我母亲 |
[17:04] | – with my mother in town. – Sebastian! | – 待在一起太久。 -塞巴斯蒂安! |
[17:07] | I-I’m sure he didn’t mean that. | 我,我相信他不是那个意思。 |
[17:09] | You look like a very strong young man. | 你看起来像个很坚强的年轻人。 |
[17:11] | She should try building a fence with you. | 她应该试着和你筑起一道篱笆。 |
[17:14] | Twig arms liable to snap picking up a pencil one day. | 有一天,小树枝一样的手臂拿起铅笔时容易折断。 |
[17:17] | – Ahem. | – 啊。 |
[17:30] | Are you out of your mind, child? | 你疯了吗,孩子? |
[17:32] | Speaking to that man like that?! | 怎么跟那个男人那样说话吗? |
[17:33] | – That… man? – Yeah. | – 那个…男人?- 是的。 |
[17:35] | – He’s my… – Yes, yes, equal partner. | – 他是我的… – 是的,是的,平等伙伴。 |
[17:37] | Don’t be foolish now. You have a baby. | 现在别犯傻了,你有孩子了。 |
[17:40] | You act like that, get too comfortable, | 你这样的行为,变得太自在了, |
[17:42] | they’ll turn on you! | 他们会攻击你的! |
[17:43] | Did no one teach you to know your place? | 没有人教你知道你的位置吗? |
[17:46] | Teach me? | 教我? |
[17:47] | I suppose that was your job, | 我想那是你的工作, |
[17:48] | had you been around to do it. | 如果你一直在做的话。 |
[17:51] | I’m gonna go catch some breeze. | 我要去吹吹风。 |
[17:56] | Area of a rectangle is base times height. | 矩形的面积是底乘以高。 |
[17:58] | Area of a triangle is base times height divided by two. | 三角形的面积等于底乘以高除以2。 |
[18:01] | Area of a circle is pi times radius squared. | 圆的面积是π乘以半径的平方。 |
[18:03] | Nervous? Huh? | 紧张吗?嗯? |
[18:05] | Heh. | 哼。 |
[18:06] | Nervous, excited, and somehow, | 尽管准备了一年, |
[18:10] | despite a year of preparation, | 但还是紧张,兴奋, |
[18:11] | astonished. | 惊讶。 |
[18:13] | I’m actually about to sit for my college entrance exams. | 实际上我正准备参加大学入学考试。 |
[18:17] | I feel like I’m dreaming. | 我觉得我在做梦。 |
[18:21] | You’re as smart as they make ’em. | 你像他们一样聪明。 |
[18:27] | Now, what time did you say the exams start? | 现在,你说什么时候考试开始? |
[18:31] | Ah! | 啊! |
[18:38] | Good luck! | 好运! |
[19:15] | Well, since all my friends are busy today, | 好吧,既然我所有的朋友今天都很忙, |
[19:18] | I’m off to help the PMSC ladies | 我要去帮助PMSC的女士们 |
[19:20] | collect food for the unfortunate. | 为那些不幸的人收集食物。 |
[19:21] | Oh… did I know about this? | 哦……我知道这件事吗? |
[19:24] | I’m sure I mentioned it. | 我确定我提到过。 |
[19:38] | I’m dying! I-I can’t breathe! | 我要死了!我,我无法呼吸! |
[19:40] | My heart is beating too fast! | 我的心脏跳得太快了! |
[19:42] | What if it’s about to explode?! Why isn’t Gilbert here?! | 如果爆炸了怎么办?吉尔伯特为什么不在这里? |
[19:45] | It’s probably just nerves. Try to occupy your mind. | 可能只是精神紧张,试着占据你的思想。 |
[19:48] | PEI became the British colony | PEI(爱德华王子岛)于1769年 |
[19:50] | of St. John Island in 1769. | 成为英国圣约翰岛的殖民地。 |
[19:53] | Oh, and joined Canada on July 1, 1872. | 哦,于1872年7月1日加入加拿大。 |
[19:56] | 1873! | 1873年! |
[19:58] | Happy thoughts. You can do this. | 快乐的思考,你可以做到。 |
[20:03] | – Ah! | – 啊! |
[20:04] | – Ah! – Diana!! | – 啊!- 黛安娜! |
[20:06] | – What are you doing here? – I’m taking the exams. | – 你在这里干什么? – 我要考试。 |
[20:09] | – What about Paris?! – I’ll tell you later. | – 那巴黎呢? – 我以后再告诉你。 |
[20:11] | Hurry and talk me through the topics. | 快点把主题讲给我听。 |
[20:13] | Eleven times 11 is a 121… | 11乘以11是121 … |
[20:14] | Uh, 12 times 12 is 144… | 嗯,12乘12是144 … |
[20:17] | The repetition keeps him calm. | 重复让他保持冷静。 |
[20:19] | The examiner. | 考官。 |
[20:34] | You have one hour per subject. | 每个科目有一个小时。 |
[20:37] | Write in pencil or pen. | 用铅笔或钢笔答题。 |
[20:40] | No reference books. | 不能看书。 |
[20:43] | No crib sheets. | 不能看手抄纸。 |
[20:45] | – No unauthorized breaks. – May I borrow a pen? | – 禁止擅自休息。- 我可以借一支笔吗? |
[20:47] | And no talking! | 而且不许讲话! |
[20:50] | Uh… | 嗯… |
[20:51] | Sorry. Might you have a pen I could borrow? | 对不起。我可以借用一下你的钢笔吗? |
[20:53] | I lent mine to Gil… to a friend and, uh… | 我把我的借给了吉尔…给一个朋友,呃… |
[21:11] | Begin. | 开始。 |
[21:17] | The trick will be getting some alone time | 诀窍是要在没有牧师的情况下, |
[21:20] | with the board members without the minister. | 与董事会成员单独相处。 |
[21:23] | Oh, but he’s always so damned prompt! | 噢,可他总是那么该死的准时! |
[21:26] | Sorry. | 对不起。 |
[21:30] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意。 |
[21:36] | Evil! Backward! | 可恶!落后! |
[21:38] | Ignorant! | 无知! |
[21:40] | Old-fashioned! | 保守! |
[21:42] | Argh!! | 哎呀! |
[21:48] | Pardon me, Miss Stacy. | 请原谅我,史黛西小姐。 |
[21:50] | Ever so sorry to disturb, Sebastian. | 非常抱歉打扰,塞巴斯蒂安。 |
[21:52] | But the students are finally seated for the Queens exams, | 但学生们最终还是参加了皇后区的考试, |
[21:55] | and I can hold my anger in no longer! | 我再也控制不住我的愤怒了! |
[21:57] | It’s fishing or murder! | 这是钓鱼还是谋杀! |
[21:59] | How does one properly say | 如何恰当地说 |
[22:00] | “Sorry someone burned down your school”? | “对不起,有人烧毁了你的学校” ? |
[22:03] | I’ve been fighting backwards | 在这个小镇上,我一直 |
[22:04] | thinking long enough in this town. | 反省思考了很长时间。 |
[22:06] | Now this?! | 现在这是? |
[22:08] | Why would I stay | 为什么我要留下来, |
[22:09] | and live my life around people frozen in time?! | 和时间停滞的人一起生活? |
[22:12] | You can’t make a teacher feel less welcome | 你不能让一个老师感到, |
[22:15] | than burning down her school. | 比烧掉她的学校更不受欢迎。 |
[22:17] | Come to think of it, what took them so long?!! | 想想看,他们怎么用了这么长的时间? |
[22:20] | Wouldn’t know anything about not feeling welcome in a place. | 对在一个地方不受欢迎的感觉一无所知。 |
[22:33] | – Who’s with Delphine? | – 朵芬和谁在一起? |
[22:35] | – The ladies? – My mother. | – 有位女士?- 我妈妈。 |
[22:38] | So I know something about your murderous feelings. | 所以,我理解你要做杀手的感觉。 |
[22:53] | – We did it!!! | – 我们做到了!!! |
[22:55] | Graduation!!! | 毕业啦!!! |
[23:02] | – Oh, I’m still alive! – I brought shine! | – 哦,我还活着!- 我带来了光芒! |
[23:04] | Me first! | 我先喝 |
[23:06] | Diana! | 黛安娜! |
[23:10] | My word, it is going to be a wild night! | 我的天,这将是一个疯狂的夜晚! |
[23:16] | Now you have a good meal in your belly, | 现在你的肚子里有一顿美食, |
[23:18] | are you feeling a bit more relaxed about the exams? | 你对考试是不是感到更放松了呢? |
[23:20] | Yes. My best is all I can do. | 是的,我只能做到最好。 |
[23:23] | Je ne peux que faire de mon mieux. | 我只能尽力而为。 |
[23:26] | You should start practicing your French | 进入索邦大学时, |
[23:28] | for when you get into the Sorbonne. | 你应该开始学习法语。 |
[23:30] | Ah. Uh, oui. And how do you say… | 啊,嗯, 是。 那你怎么说… |
[23:33] | “fingers crossed”? | “祈祷”? |
[23:36] | – Time for some masculine discourse. – Ah. | – 该谈谈男性的话题了。- 啊。 |
[23:40] | Code for brandy and cigars. | 白兰地和雪茄的规则。 |
[23:42] | And a distinct lack of femininity. | 明显缺乏女性气质。 |
[23:45] | I don’t recommend it. | 我不推荐。 |
[23:46] | – Which? – Two out of three. | – 哪一个?- 三分之二。 |
[23:48] | You decide. | 你决定。 |
[23:52] | Do the honours, would you, son? | 请你赏光,好吗,孩子? |
[23:56] | Nothing like a snifter and a stogy | 没有什么像酒杯和一支雪茄一样 |
[23:59] | to accompany musings of the future. | 更能伴着对未来的沉思了。 |
[24:01] | If your ears have been burning of late, | 如果你的耳朵最近一直在发热, |
[24:04] | I’m responsible. | 我是负责的。 |
[24:05] | Yes, I’ve been talking you up to my friend at the Sorbonne. | 是的,我一直在跟我在索邦大学的朋友说你的事。 |
[24:11] | Not the college drinking buddy, the real one. | 不是大学喝酒的伙伴,真正的伙伴。 |
[24:15] | He’s assured me that with the right… test scores and, uh… | 他向我保证,只要有好的…考试成绩,嗯… |
[24:22] | … financial backing, | … 以及财政支持, |
[24:24] | you could be there come fall. | 秋天的时候你会在那里。 |
[24:27] | I don’t know what to say. That’s… | 我不知道该说些什么。那是… |
[24:29] | Not to mention we have that flat in the fourth Arrondissement. | 更不用说我们在第四区还有那套公寓。 |
[24:33] | Ah, Winnie adores it. | 啊,温妮很喜欢它。 |
[24:35] | Paris is her favourite place in the world. | 巴黎是她在世界上最喜欢的地方。 |
[24:47] | A thoughtful man… with an eye to the future… | 一个有思想的男人…着眼于未来… |
[24:52] | … is a needle in a haystack. | …是针在草垛里。 |
[24:55] | And as I mentioned that fine day at the fair: | 就像我在集市上提到的那个晴朗的日子: |
[24:58] | if my daughter is happy, then so am I. | 如果我的女儿快乐,那么我也快乐。 |
[25:02] | So if you’re awaiting my blessing, son… | 所以,如果你在等我的祝福,孩子… |
[25:07] | … it’s granted. | …这是理所当然的。 |
[25:17] | – Red Ruby Rover! | – 红色鲁比流浪者! |
[25:22] | – Drink. | – 喝。 |
[25:27] | Red Rover, Red Rover, send Charlie right over! | 红色流浪者,红色流浪者,派查理过来! |
[25:32] | – Charlie, come on! | – 查理,过来! |
[25:37] | – Drink up, weaklings. – Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum! | – 喝光吧,胆小鬼。- 哟嗬嗬,再来一瓶朗姆酒! |
[25:42] | Follow me, my sweethearts and friends! | 跟着我,我的甜心和朋友们! |
[25:47] | Avast, ye school mateys! | 停下,你们学校同学! |
[25:51] | Why does it take a pirate so long to learn the alphabet?!! | 为什么海盗要花这么长时间学习字母表?!! |
[25:55] | – Why?! – Because he spends years at C!! | -为什么?- 因为他用了几年在C里! |
[25:58] | – What’s the difference | – 饥饿的海盗和 |
[26:00] | between a hungry pirate and a drunken pirate? | 醉酒的海盗有什么不同? |
[26:03] | Tell us!! | 告诉我们! |
[26:04] | One has a rumbling tummy, | 一个肚子咕咕叫, |
[26:06] | and the other’s a tumbling rummy!! | 另一个是翻筋斗的拉米纸牌! |
[26:38] | Oh! | 噢! |
[26:40] | May I speak with you, please? | 我可以和你聊一聊吗? |
[26:50] | Then her father laid it out on a silver platter. | 然后她的父亲把它放在一个银色的盘子上。 |
[26:53] | Laid… what out on a platter? | 放…什么在盘子上? |
[26:56] | The Sorbonne, Paris, the money to do it. | 巴黎索邦大学,巴黎,用钱来实现。 |
[26:59] | My future if I want it! | 如果我想要我的未来! |
[27:03] | Permission… | 允许… |
[27:06] | … to propose. | … 去求婚。 |
[27:13] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办。 |
[27:16] | You don’t want to be a country doctor. | 你不想当乡村医生。 |
[27:19] | The Sorbonne… is your dream. | 索邦大学……是你的梦想。 |
[27:22] | Winifred is lovely, and her parents are supportive. | 温妮·弗莱德很可爱,她的父母也很支持。 |
[27:27] | I don’t understand. What’s holding you back? | 我不明白,是什么让你退缩? |
[27:35] | Just… one thing. | 就…一件事。 |
[27:42] | I don’t know what to say. I… | 我不知道该怎么说。我… |
[27:46] | What am I supposed to… | 我该怎么办… |
[27:48] | And everyone, everyone is… and now you just… and I’m… | 每个人,每个人…现在你…而我是…… |
[27:51] | pirate and we never even… And Paris is… | 掠夺者,我们甚至都没有…而巴黎是… |
[27:53] | And you are never gonna find, that much I know, | 而你永远也找不到,我所知道的那么多。 |
[27:56] | so how… can’t… | 因此怎么…不能… |
[27:58] | I… We… | 我…我们… |
[28:00] | – We… – Anne! Anne! Anne! | – 我们… – 安妮!安妮!安妮! |
[28:04] | We want to do one of your rituals! | 我们想举行你的仪式! |
[28:05] | We need to mark this moment! | 我们需要纪念这一刻! |
[28:07] | – Remember it till the end of time! | – 记住它直到时间的尽头! |
[28:10] | Come on! Come on! | 来吧!来吧! |
[28:14] | – Come on! – Come on, Anne. | – 来吧!- 来吧,安妮。 |
[28:20] | I’ll be off, then. | 那我走了。 |
[28:24] | Good night. | 晚安。 |
[28:27] | – Anne! Anne, come on! | – 安妮!安妮,快点! |
[28:30] | We can’t do it without you! | 没有你,我们无法做到! |
[28:33] | Anne, come on. | 安妮,快点。 |
[28:57] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗? |
[29:04] | May I have your hand in marriage? | 我可以娶你吗? |
[29:07] | No. Will you… do me the honour | 不,你能…能赏光 |
[29:10] | of becoming my wife? | 成为我的妻子吗? |
[29:22] | No, not there. | 不,不在这里。 |
[29:26] | Oh… no. | 噢…不。 |
[29:28] | Oh, where could it be?! | 哦,可能在哪里? |
[29:31] | No. | 不。 |
[30:05] | Rice. Rind. | 米,外壳。 |
[30:08] | Rinderpest… | 牛瘟… |
[30:10] | Ring! Oh. | 戒指!噢。 |
[30:26] | 你可以公平地击败我。 | |
[30:55] | How can I help you? | 我怎么帮你? |
[30:57] | I heard you say Aunt Jo is here. I came to speak with her. | 听说乔姑奶来了,我来跟她聊天。 |
[31:01] | My aunt is visiting me, yes. | 我的姑奶来看我了,是的。 |
[31:06] | Will you please let Miss Barry know she has a visitor? | 请告诉巴里小姐有人来访,好吗? |
[31:13] | I think Gilbert Blythe might’ve been asking if I love him, | 我认为吉尔伯特·布莱斯可能在问我是否爱他, |
[31:17] | and I think I told him to marry someone else. | 我想我让他跟别人结婚了。 |
[31:19] | Well… do you love this Gilbert Blythe? | 那么…你爱吉尔伯特·布莱斯吗? |
[31:24] | I don’t know. I’ve never loved anyone like that before! | 我不知道。我从来没有像这样爱过任何人! |
[31:28] | He’s the only one I think about in that way, but love? | 他是我唯一想到那个人,但这是爱吗? |
[31:30] | How does one know? And how can I be sure enough to say, | 怎么知道?当他对自己的未来只有一种 |
[31:35] | “Sure, take option two,” | 选择时,我怎么能 |
[31:37] | when option one is all he wants for his future? | 肯定地说,”当然,选择二“? |
[31:39] | What is option one? | 什么是选项一? |
[31:42] | A girl… | 一个女孩… |
[31:44] | whose father offers him a chance at a life | 她的父亲为他提供了 |
[31:46] | he can’t otherwise have. | 他原本无法拥有的生活机会。 |
[31:48] | That is a prodigious conundrum. | 这是一个巨大的难题。 |
[31:50] | I was a child yesterday, | 昨天我还是个孩子, |
[31:53] | and now feel I’m being asked to explain | 现在,我就被要求在瞬间 |
[31:55] | the rest of my life on a ticking clock! | 回答我的余生! |
[31:57] | If I make the wrong decision, | 如果我做了错误的决定, |
[31:59] | I’ve either ruined my life or his. | 要么毁了我的生活,要么毁了他的生活。 |
[32:02] | In books, characters just know. | 在书中,只知道角色。 |
[32:05] | But this feels like something that I can’t quite grasp. | 但这感觉就像我不太明白的东西。 |
[32:08] | Does that mean I don’t love him? | 那是否意味着我不爱他? |
[32:10] | I’ve never bought into that “you just know” notion. | 我从不相信“你就是知道”这种说法。 |
[32:13] | Love is a tricky thing. | 爱是一件棘手的事情。 |
[32:16] | Sometimes it feels like an undeniable force | 有时候,它就像一股不可否认的力量, |
[32:19] | that hits between the eyes and doesn’t let up. | 击中了脑门儿,而且无法减弱。 |
[32:22] | Other times, it’s malleable, questionable. | 其他时候,它是可塑的,有问题的。 |
[32:25] | It’s truth hidden in and amongst external obstacles | 它是隐藏在外部障碍和内部环境中 |
[32:30] | and internal circumstances that’ve formed who you are, | 的真理,它形成了你是谁, |
[32:34] | what you expect in the world, | 你对世界期望着什么, |
[32:36] | and how you can accept love. | 以及如何接受爱。 |
[32:39] | Oh… to say the least, it’s complicated. | 哦…至少可以说,这很复杂。 |
[32:43] | And if a mind’s abuzz with pressure | 如果脑子里充斥着压力和最后期限 |
[32:46] | and deadlines and “what if this and that,” | 还有“如果这样那样会怎样”, |
[32:49] | I imagine love’s truth would be a near-impossible thing to feel. | 我想,爱的真谛是一种几乎不可能感受到的东西。 |
[32:54] | I wonder if, | 我想知道, |
[32:56] | when all’s quiet in your mind, | 当一切在你的脑海中平静下来后, |
[32:59] | you’ll find your answer. | 你是否会找到你的答案。 |
[33:00] | And what if by then it’s too late? | 如果那时已经太晚了怎么办? |
[33:06] | I suppose I’ll have my tragical romance after all. | 我想,我终究还会拥有悲剧的浪漫。 |
[33:10] | And the coal goes inside the engine. | 煤进入发动机内部。 |
[33:14] | Wheel… ! | 轮子…! |
[33:17] | Oh. | 噢。 |
[33:20] | Oh. | 噢。 |
[33:22] | Oh, I know that face. | 哦,我认识那张脸。 |
[33:24] | It means my baby girl is full and ready for action. | 这意味着我的宝贝女儿已经吃饱了,可以行动了。 |
[33:29] | And this cereal goes to waste | 这些麦片都浪费了, |
[33:31] | because her father must be rich. | 因为她爸爸一定很有钱。 |
[33:33] | Daddy had to eat leftover dregs | 爸爸不得不吃别人孩子 |
[33:35] | from someone else’s child’s bowl, | 碗里剩下的渣滓, |
[33:37] | so you can have as much or as little as you want. | 所以你可以想要多少就有多少。 |
[33:39] | Daddy is dropping words, | 爹地在抱怨, |
[33:40] | but any complaint he has about his childhood | 但他对童年的任何抱怨 |
[33:43] | can come to me direct. | 都可以直接对我说。 |
[33:45] | Make sure she doesn’t capsize that bowl. | 确保她不会弄翻那个碗。 |
[33:49] | Ah! All over Mr. Blythe’s table?! | 啊! 布莱斯先生的桌子上到处都是吗? |
[33:52] | Mr. Gilbert, hungry this morning? | 吉尔伯特先生,今天早上饿吗? |
[33:55] | Perpetually. And good morning. | 永远都饿。早上好。 |
[33:59] | – What about me? – Hmm. | – 关于我什么? – 嗯 |
[34:02] | – Finish that first. – Hold on. | – 先把那些弄好。 – 稍等。 |
[34:04] | Have to wipe down Massah’s table. | 必须把“马萨”的桌子擦干净。 |
[34:10] | First, the little baby. | 首先,小宝贝。 |
[34:13] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼。 |
[34:14] | And then I will come back for the big baby. | 然后我会回来找大宝贝的。 |
[34:19] | Sorry. | 对不起。 |
[34:21] | She’s very good at making me behave badly. | 她很擅长让我表现不好。 |
[34:24] | You’re going to have to learn to get along. | 你得学会与人相处。 |
[34:28] | Soon it might just be the two of you and Delphine. | 很快就只有你们俩和朵芬了。 |
[34:31] | – Why are you threatening me? – I’m not. | -为什么要威胁我?- 我不是。 |
[34:35] | I’m… proposing. | 我…求婚。 |
[34:39] | Yes. My answer is yes. | 是。我的回答是。 |
[34:42] | Last night, I asked Anne if she thought | 昨晚,我问安妮她是否 |
[34:45] | there was a chance for us… | 认为我们有机会……等待。 |
[34:46] | Wait. I have to get up. | 我得站起来。 |
[34:49] | I have to get up for this, | 我得为此站起来 |
[34:50] | because basically what you’re saying is that I win! | 因为基本上你说的是我赢了! |
[34:53] | I knew it, I knew it! It was always Anne. | 我就知道,我就知道!一直是安妮。 |
[34:56] | From the moment you got her letter on the ship. | 从你收到她的信那一刻起。 |
[34:59] | I called it. You love her. | 我把这叫做:你爱她。 |
[35:00] | – I win! – She said no. | – 我赢了?- 她拒绝了。 |
[35:03] | Basically. | 基本上。 |
[35:05] | Oh. | 噢。 |
[35:06] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾。 |
[35:09] | That’s rough. | 这太轻率了。 |
[35:11] | But I have clarity. | 但我很清楚。 |
[35:13] | I needed to know where I stood with Anne. | 我需要知道我和安妮站在一起的地方。 |
[35:16] | And now that I do, I think I could be happy with Winnie. | 现在我知道了,我想我和温妮在一起会很开心的。 |
[35:20] | You’re sure you’re sure? | 你确定,你确定? |
[35:23] | Don’t go feeling you have to do something | 不要因为别人的期望,你觉得 |
[35:24] | – because people expect it. – I’m sure. | – 必须去做某件事。- 我确定。 |
[35:27] | Don’t go moving halfway ’round the world on a maybe. | 不要为了一个可能而绕了半个地球。 |
[35:30] | I’m sure. | 我确定。 |
[35:31] | – Sure… – Bash. | – 确定… – 巴什。 |
[35:34] | – Alright. | – 好吧。 |
[35:36] | So… Anne is behind you. | 所以…安妮是你的过去。 |
[35:38] | And Winifred is my future. | 温妮·弗雷德是我的未来。 |
[35:43] | And… we’ll still be brothers. | 而且…我们还是兄弟。 |
[35:45] | Always. | 永远。 |
[35:47] | – I’m glad for you. – Oh. | – 我为你高兴。- 噢。 |
[35:58] | Good day, gentlemen. | 日安,先生们。 |
[36:01] | So sorry to intrude, but… I am at quite a loss. | 非常抱歉打扰您,但是…我很茫然。 |
[36:06] | Oh, forgive me, Minister, | 噢,原谅我,牧师, |
[36:08] | but I have a pressing theological query | 但我有一个迫切的神学问题, |
[36:11] | that cannot wait. | 不能再等了。 |
[36:12] | Speak it, Miss Cuthbert, please. | 请说,卡斯伯特小姐。 |
[36:14] | Why is it that bad things happen to good people? | 为什么坏事会发生在好人身上? |
[36:19] | Oh… I have a lengthy answer on that. | 哦……我对此有一个很长的回答。 |
[36:22] | You’ve come to the right place, you have. | 你来对地方了,你来对地方了。 |
[36:25] | Volumes, Miss Cuthbert. | 过来,卡斯伯特小姐。 |
[36:32] | Well, gentlemen… | 好吧,先生们… |
[36:34] | how are you feeling about your actions? | 你对自己的行为感觉如何? |
[36:37] | – Not sure to what you’re referring. – Yes. | – 不确定你指的是什么。- 是的。 |
[36:40] | Denial at all costs, until it goes away. | 不惜一切代价否认,直到它消失。 |
[36:42] | Weather the few days of accusations, | 经历了这几天的指责, |
[36:45] | then everyone gets busy with their lives and forgets. | 然后每个人都忙于自己的生活而忘记了。 |
[36:49] | But what if it didn’t go away? | 但是,如果它没有消失怎么办? |
[36:54] | I know it was you who burnt the school | 我知道是你们烧毁了学校, |
[36:56] | and took the printing press. | 并拿走了打印机。 |
[36:57] | – This is preposterous!! – Now, now. | – 这太荒谬了!!- 现在,现在。 |
[37:00] | No need to be hysterical. | 无需歇斯底里。 |
[37:01] | Need I remind you that I’m the only one privy | 需要我提醒你,我是在抗议后唯一 |
[37:04] | to your outrage after the demonstration? | 知道你们是愤怒的人吗? |
[37:07] | That’s right. Only me. | 那就对了,只有我。 |
[37:09] | And I’d be happy to talk about that to every soul in town, | 我很乐意在接下来的十年中的每一天, |
[37:13] | every day, for the next 10 years. | 与镇上的每个灵魂谈论这件事。 |
[37:16] | Or until you die, whichever comes first. | 或直到你死去,以先去者为准。 |
[37:20] | This is a promise. | 这是一个承诺。 |
[37:21] | While denial is your forte, | 虽然,“否认”是你的专长, |
[37:24] | spreading news convincingly and relentlessly is mine. | 令人信服地、毫不留情地传播新闻是我的专长。 |
[37:29] | For goodness’ sake! We didn’t burn the school. | 看在老天的份上!我们没有烧毁学校。 |
[37:32] | – It was an accident! – Interesting. | – 那是个意外!- 有趣。 |
[37:34] | Though I have no idea how you’re going to prove that | 虽然我不知道你要怎么证明, |
[37:37] | without admitting that you stole a printing press | 不承认你们在黑暗的掩护下, |
[37:41] | from children under the cover of dark. | 从孩子们那里偷了一台印刷机。 |
[37:44] | As pillars of the community, | 作为社区的支柱, |
[37:47] | your reputations are at risk of being tarnished either way. | 你们的名声可能因此而受损。 |
[37:53] | I have a proposal. | 我保证。 |
[37:54] | I won’t talk, or ask you to step down, | 如果我们在董事会中增加三名女性, |
[37:58] | if we add three women to the board. | 我不会说出去,也不要求你们辞职。 |
[38:01] | A gender balance and this all goes away. | 性别平衡,这一切都消失了。 |
[38:05] | All in favour? | 全部赞成吗? |
[38:23] | Ergo, what is true goodness, | 因此,如果不在真正邪恶面前 |
[38:26] | if it is not exhibited in the face of true evil? | 表现出来,那么真正的善是什么? |
[38:30] | Minister, we’ve taken a vote. | 牧师,我们已经投票了。 |
[40:10] | Minnie May, tell me what happened. | 米妮梅,告诉我发生了什么事。 |
[40:14] | It’s not fair!! | 这不公平!! |
[40:16] | Why do you have to say things that aren’t true | 为什么你必须说些假话, |
[40:19] | and pretend to be who everybody wants you to be all the time? | 并装成大家希望你成为的样子? |
[40:22] | It’s just the way things are… | 事情就是这样… |
[40:24] | No, I mean why do you?! | 不,我是说为什么你? |
[40:26] | Because then I’m supposed to be like you! | 因为那样我就会像你一样! |
[40:30] | “Why can’t you be more like your sister, Minnie May?” | “你为什么不能像你姐姐那样呢,米妮梅?” |
[40:34] | Well, I don’t want to!! | 嗯,我不想那样! |
[40:38] | And you don’t even want to be like you! | 你甚至都不想成为你自己! |
[40:41] | You just pretend. | 你只是假装。 |
[40:44] | But pretending is lying! And lying’s bad! | 但是假装是在撒谎!撒谎是不好的! |
[40:50] | And promise me you won’t rush into romance, Butterscotch. | 向我保证,你别急着陷入浪漫,奶油糖果。 |
[40:53] | Know your heart before you make commitments. | 在你做出承诺之前,先了解自己的内心。 |
[40:57] | That’s a vow I’ve made to myself… | 这是我对自己许下的誓言…… |
[41:00] | no matter how awful it feels. | 无论感觉有多糟糕。 |
[41:04] | Anne? | 安妮? |
[41:05] | Say hello to the newest member of the Board of Trustees! | 向董事会的最新成员问好! |
[41:10] | Well done. | 做得好。 |
[41:11] | Oh, you poor dear, you must be tuckered out. | 哦,可怜的宝贝,你一定累坏了。 |
[41:16] | You need a little lie-down. That’s all you need. | 你需要躺一会儿。这就是你所需要的。 |
[41:21] | It’s been quite a time, alright. | 已经很久了,好吧。 |
[41:39] | 我发誓你是唯一的知心朋友。 | |
[41:53] | I’m so sorry, Anne. | 我很抱歉,安妮。 |
[41:56] | – I’m sorry too. – I want to be braver… | – 我也很抱歉。- 我想变得比以往… |
[41:58] | than I’ve been. | 任何时候都勇敢。 |
[42:00] | I don’t want to lie anymore. | 我不想再说谎了。 |
[42:03] | I want to be the person that I am in all ways. | 我想在各方面都成为我自己。 |
[42:07] | And that person, more than anything, | 最重要的是,那个人 |
[42:11] | is your best friend. | 是你最好的朋友。 |
[42:12] | Oh. | 噢。 |
[42:20] | I solemnly swear to be faithful… | 我庄严宣誓忠于… |
[42:22] | – … to my bosom friend Anne… – … to my bosom friend Diana… | – 我的挚友安妮… – 我的挚友黛安娜。 |
[42:24] | … for as long as the sun and moon shall endure. | …只要日月长存。 |
[42:29] | And now let’s send our oath out into the world. | 现在,让我们向世界宣誓。 |
[42:44] | And it may be too late by the time I know my heart, | 当我了解我的心时,也许已经太晚了, |
[42:47] | but I can’t get it wrong. | 但我不能犯错。 |
[42:50] | Oh, Anne. | 噢,安妮。 |
[42:53] | Who knew that life could be so… momentous? | 谁知道生活会如此……重要? |
[42:56] | A morning can start off like any other, but by nightfall… | 每天早晨可以重复开始,但是到了夜幕降临的时候…… |
[43:01] | … things have occurred that could change a course forever. | …已经发生的事情可能会永远改变轨迹。 |
[43:08] | You are so brilliantly wise, Diana. | 黛安娜,你真是太聪明了。 |
[43:11] | I’m so thrilled you took the exams. | 你参加考试我很震惊。 |
[43:14] | – I probably didn’t pass. – Well, if you didn’t, | – 我可能没通过。- 好吧,如果你没通过, |
[43:16] | there’s something wrong with the tests. | 考试就有一些问题了。 |
[43:18] | Whatever may come, | 无论出现什么情况, |
[43:20] | we will face it together. | 我们都要一起面对。 |
[43:34] | I’m in love with Gilbert Blythe! | 我爱上吉尔伯特·布莱斯了! |