时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Crêpes Suzette. | 法式橙酒薄饼 |
[00:05] | And for you, | 给你准备的是 |
[00:06] | Crêpes Suzette, Katie Otto-style. | 凯蒂·奥图式法式橙酒薄饼 |
[00:08] | Which means? | 什么意思 |
[00:09] | I added Cheetos for crunch. | 我加了奇多让口感更酥脆 |
[00:11] | Who ever thought that the richest kid in Westport | 谁能想到西港最富有的孩子 |
[00:13] | would be cooking for other people? | 会给别人做饭 |
[00:14] | That’s because of me. | 这都是因为我 |
[00:15] | I’m the douche whisperer. | 我对付混小子有一套 |
[00:18] | This is amazing! | 这个简直太好吃了 |
[00:18] | What’s on the menu for tonight? | 今天晚上吃什么 |
[00:20] | I can’t make dinner tonight. | 我今晚做不了晚饭 |
[00:21] | My dad’s swinging through town | 我爸爸来镇上待一小段时间 |
[00:22] | and taking me to Chez Pierre. | 带我去切斯皮埃尔餐厅 |
[00:23] | Did you tell him about your plan to go to culinary school? | 你告诉他你打算去读烹饪学校了吗 |
[00:26] | Oh, yeah. He’s very excited for me. | 当然 他很为我高兴 |
[00:28] | I may be the first Bradford to get a callus. | 我可能是布拉德福德家族第一个长茧子的人 |
[00:32] | You’re not gonna finish? | 你不打算吃完吗 |
[00:33] | I’m a little anxious. | 我有点紧张 |
[00:34] | It’s the town council election today. | 今天就是市议员竞选日了 |
[00:36] | And I think I can win this thing | 我觉得我能赢 |
[00:37] | and make some real changes here in Westport. | 让西港做出点真正的改变 |
[00:38] | Well, you tried to change me. | 你试过改变我 |
[00:40] | How’s that working out for you? | 你取得什么成果了吗 |
[00:42] | Are you ready, Oliver? | 你准备好了吗 奥利弗 |
[00:43] | Big day. SATs. | 今天是大日子 高考日 |
[00:44] | I’m gonna nail them. | 我肯定没问题 |
[00:46] | Between my high scores, Teen Help Line, | 有了我的好成绩 青少年求助热线 |
[00:47] | and that Gyftee app I started with Trevor, | 还有和特雷弗开创的”礼物”APP |
[00:49] | I’ll be a shoo-in for Harvard. | 我肯定轻而易举进哈佛 |
[00:50] | You sure you’re okay? | 你确定没事吗 |
[00:51] | You seem to be developing a rash. | 你好像出疹子了 |
[00:53] | It’s a confidence rash. | 这是自信的疹子 |
[00:54] | And you’re sweating. | 你还在流汗 |
[00:55] | From excitement! | 激动的汗水 |
[00:56] | Can’t take a test without a good breakfast. | 不吃顿像样的早饭可不能去考试 |
[00:59] | Thanks, but my stomach’s a little upset. | 谢谢 但我肚子有点不舒服 |
[01:03] | Gonna go have a little confidence diarrhea? | 因为自信要去拉肚子吗 |
[01:12] | Greg thinks that he can change Westport, | 格雷格觉得他能改变西港 |
[01:14] | but the people in this town don’t change. | 但这个镇上的人是不会改变的 |
[01:16] | Except their noses. | 除了他们的鼻子 |
[01:17] | And their boobs. | 还有胸部 |
[01:18] | Uh, and their legs. | 还有腿 |
[01:19] | I had my inner thighs liposuctioned. | 我的大腿内侧做了抽脂手术 |
[01:21] | They’re the highway to the groin. | 那里是通往胯下的高速公路 |
[01:23] | That’s what my doctor says. | 我医生是那么说的 |
[01:25] | Walker, who is that hunk | 沃克 那个穿着帅气西装 |
[01:26] | in that hunky suit hunkin’ up the place? | 在这里散发魅力的帅哥是谁 |
[01:28] | Wait, you don’t know? | 等等 你不认识他吗 |
[01:29] | That’s Doyle Bradford. | 那是道尔·布拉福德 |
[01:31] | Cooper’s dad? | 库珀的爸爸吗 |
[01:32] | Our kids have been best friends for years, | 我们的孩子已经是好几年的朋友了 |
[01:33] | but I have never even met him. | 但我从来没见过他 |
[01:35] | You’d think with all that money and those good looks, | 你肯定以为他这种既有钱又有颜的人 |
[01:37] | he’d be a son of a bitch… | 会是个王八蛋 |
[01:38] | and you’d be correct. | 没错 他就是 |
[01:39] | And everyone kisses his ass | 每个人都拍他马屁 |
[01:41] | ’cause he’s the richest man in town, | 因为他是镇上最有钱的人 |
[01:42] | but I come from money, so it doesn’t impress me. | 但我家也有钱 所以不觉得他有多了不起 |
[01:44] | I think he’s waiting to be seated. | 他好像在等位 |
[01:45] | What? Oh. So sorry, Mr. Bradford. | 什么 真对不起 布拉福德先生 |
[01:47] | Hold on. Get up. Get up! | 稍等 起来 起来 |
[01:48] | Get up! Get up! Get up! Get up! Get up! | 起来 起来 起来 起来 起来 |
[01:50] | Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go! | 走走走 快走 快走 |
[01:51] | My gosh. | 我的天啊 |
[01:53] | I love your tie. | 我爱你的领带 |
[01:55] | – You should go say hi. – Right? | -你应该去打个招呼 -是吧 |
[01:57] | I mean, we’re practically in-laws. | 我们基本上算是亲家了 |
[01:59] | Oh, ask him who does his hair. | 问问他的理发师是谁 |
[02:01] | I’m not going to ask him who does his hair. | 我才不会问他的理发师是谁呢 |
[02:02] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[02:03] | So I bought the island across the way, | 所以我买了对面的小岛 |
[02:05] | and that’s where the staff walks the dogs. | 员工就在那里遛狗 |
[02:07] | Hi. I don’t mean to interrupt. | 你好 我无意打扰你们 |
[02:09] | Oh, I parked in the red. | 我把车停在禁停区了 |
[02:10] | You can just leave the ticket on the car. | 你把罚单贴在车上就行了 |
[02:11] | I don’t work for parking enforcement. | 我不是交通督导员 |
[02:13] | I’m Oliver’s mother. | 我是奥利弗的妈妈 |
[02:16] | Your son lives at our house. | 你儿子住在我家 |
[02:18] | Oh, right. Connie. | 对了 康妮 |
[02:19] | Yes, thank you for looking after Cooper. | 没错 谢谢你照顾库珀 |
[02:22] | He loves being at your house. | 他很喜欢住在你家 |
[02:23] | He says it’s like camping. | 他说就像露营一样 |
[02:24] | It’s my pleasure. | 是我的荣幸 |
[02:25] | I am so proud of Cooper. | 我很为库珀骄傲 |
[02:27] | He is really starting to figure out his direction in life. | 他真的在开始考虑人生的方向了 |
[02:29] | I don’t know what there is to figure out. | 我不知道这有什么可考虑的 |
[02:31] | Cooper’s gonna go to Harvard, then business school, | 库珀会去读哈佛 然后读商学院 |
[02:33] | then join me at Bradford Industries, | 然后在布拉福德集团和我共事 |
[02:35] | and if he tries a hostile takeover, | 如果他打算恶意收购 |
[02:36] | I will destroy him. | 我会毁掉他 |
[02:38] | But I’ll be secretly proud. | 但我会在心中默默为他骄傲 |
[02:39] | Cooper hasn’t mentioned any other plans? | 库珀没提过其他的打算吗 |
[02:42] | No. | 没有 |
[02:43] | But I mainly communicate with him through Brad. | 但我主要通过布莱德和他沟通 |
[02:45] | Let me ask Brad. Brad? | 我问问布莱德 布莱德 |
[02:47] | Nope, no more plans. | 没有 没别的打算 |
[02:53] | Win or lose, today we join a vaunted Westport tradition — | 输赢与否 我们今天遵循西港的光荣传统 |
[02:55] | the candidates casting the first ballot at the same time | 由候选人们同时投出第一票 |
[02:57] | in a display of mutual civility. | 以示对彼此的尊重 |
[02:59] | May the best man win. | 愿强者取胜 |
[03:02] | I’m the best man. | 我就是强者 |
[03:04] | And the early lead goes to Ablin. | 阿布林在早期取得领先 |
[03:09] | You’ve made some big strides lately in standing up for yourself, | 最近你在维护自己这方面已经做得很好了 |
[03:12] | but it is election day. It is game time. | 但今天是选举日 是关键的时候 |
[03:15] | You need to let your inner badass out. | 你要释放你内心中的坏人 |
[03:16] | You need him to help you win this thing. | 你得让那个坏人帮你赢 |
[03:18] | No. I can win being a good-ass. | 不 我当好人[好屁股]也能赢 |
[03:23] | You do have a hell of a good ass. | 你的屁股的确很不错 |
[03:24] | Your candidate doesn’t have a shot. | 你的候选人根本没戏 |
[03:27] | Sorry, lady. | 不好意思 女士 |
[03:28] | Your trash talk’s a little weak. | 你的挑衅有点弱 |
[03:30] | You look like a passing YouTube fad | 你就像在油管上过气 |
[03:31] | who goes to jail for tax evasion | 因为逃税被送进监狱 |
[03:33] | and then spends the rest of his life cleaning up puke | 然后靠清理天空地带蹦床公园里的呕吐物 |
[03:35] | at Sky Zone Trampoline Park. | 度过余生的那种人 |
[03:40] | Damn, she’s good. That’s exactly what I look like. | 妈的 她好厉害 我就长那样 |
[03:44] | Do you want to go to the movies? | 你想去看电影吗 |
[03:47] | Why would we go to the movies | 为什么要去外面看电影 |
[03:48] | when we can stay at home and watch the best movie of all time? | 我们在家就能看最史上好看的电影 |
[03:51] | Franklin, how many times can we watch “Soapdish?” | 富兰克林 我们到底要看多少遍《肥皂盘》 |
[03:53] | That’s what I’m trying to figure out. | 我也在想这个问题 |
[03:55] | I thought it was 100, | 我本以为是100遍 |
[03:56] | but I’m still finding hidden gems | 但我现在还能找到 |
[03:58] | in Sally Field’s performance. | 莎莉·菲尔德表演中隐藏的闪光点 |
[04:04] | Taylor, I feel like I’m in a rut with my man. | 泰勒 我感觉我男朋友好无聊 |
[04:07] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[04:08] | We’re like an old married couple. | 我们就像对老夫老妻 |
[04:10] | Pretty soon, we’re just gonna be spending our time | 再过不久 我们就只会花时间 |
[04:12] | going to each other’s doctors appointments. | 陪彼此去看医生了 |
[04:14] | Franklin’s gotten too comfortable in the relationship, | 富兰克林对这段关系已经太习惯了 |
[04:16] | and he’s taking you for granted. | 他觉得你和他在一起是理所当然的 |
[04:18] | You need to show him that if he wants to hang on to you, | 你要让他明白如果他想和你在一起 |
[04:20] | he has to put in some effort. | 就得付出一些努力 |
[04:21] | How? | 怎么做 |
[04:22] | Trip and I are going to the arcade tonight. | 我和特里普今晚要去游戏厅 |
[04:23] | You and Franklin should come, | 你和富兰克林一起来 |
[04:24] | and I’ll show you how to flirt with another boy | 我教你怎么和其他男生调情 |
[04:26] | and make him jealous. | 让他嫉妒 |
[04:27] | Just like Sally Field did with | 就像《肥皂盘》里莎莉·菲尔德 |
[04:29] | Kevin Kline in “Soapdish.” | 对凯文·克莱恩做得那样 |
[04:33] | I’ve got to stop watching that stupid movie! | 我不能再看那部蠢电影了 |
[04:40] | Open your test books to Section One, | 把考卷翻到第一部分 |
[04:42] | read the directions, and begin work. | 读考试要求 然后开始答题 |
[04:45] | Good luck. | 祝你们好运 |
[04:46] | Time starts…now. | 现在开始 |
[04:50] | Alright. It all comes down to this. | 好了 所有努力都是为了这一刻 |
[05:13] | It’s so nice that your father is 100% supportive | 你父亲全力支持你当厨师 |
[05:16] | of you becoming a chef. | 真好啊 |
[05:17] | Oh, yeah. He’s thrilled for me. | 是的 他很替我开心 |
[05:19] | The way you talk about him, | 你形容他的口气 |
[05:20] | I didn’t think that he would go for it. | 我本来以为他不会同意 |
[05:22] | But he did! Sends me recipes. | 但他同意了 还给我发食谱 |
[05:24] | People surprise you. | 人总能让你感到意外 |
[05:26] | So true. | 很对 |
[05:27] | Like I was surprised today when I ran into him | 我今天在斯金餐厅遇见他 |
[05:29] | at Stewart & Kingston’s. | 就挺意外的 |
[05:34] | I was further surprised to hear | 之后发现你没告诉他 |
[05:35] | that you didn’t tell him you wanted to become a chef. | 你想当厨师 我就更意外了 |
[05:38] | Oh, my God. You didn’t say anything, did you? | 天啊 你没对他说什么吧 |
[05:40] | No, that’s not my place. | 没有 我没立场说 |
[05:42] | This is your life, and you do with it what you want. | 这是你的人生 由你自己做决定 |
[05:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[05:45] | Which is why I invited him over for dinner tonight, | 所以我邀请了他今晚来吃晚餐 |
[05:48] | so you can tell him yourself. | 这样你就能亲口告诉他了 |
[05:51] | That look on your face | 你脸上的表情 |
[05:53] | makes all the bad parts of parenting worthwhile. | 让做爸妈的一切艰辛都值了 |
[06:01] | You lied to me! | 你骗了我 |
[06:02] | I’ll make you a Cheetos salad to make up for it. | 我给你做奇多沙拉赔罪可以吗 |
[06:05] | What is even your plan? | 你的计划到底是什么 |
[06:06] | It’s simple. | 很简单 |
[06:07] | I’ll tell my father I’m at Harvard, | 我会告诉我爸我在哈佛 |
[06:09] | but I’ll really be at culinary school. | 但其实我在烹饪学校 |
[06:10] | Don’t you think he will notice that you’re not at Harvard? | 难道他不会发现你不在哈佛吗 |
[06:12] | That’s the thing about super rich people — | 这是超级有钱人的特性 |
[06:15] | they ignore their kids, their bills, | 他们无视自己的孩子 账单 |
[06:16] | and organ donor wait lists. | 和器官捐献者候补名单 |
[06:18] | I could have 15 kidneys on your doorstep in an hour. | 我一小时内就能叫人送15个肾到你门口 |
[06:21] | Have you ever thought about just telling him the truth? | 你有没考虑过直接告诉他真相 |
[06:24] | He’d just shut me down. | 他只会拒绝我 |
[06:26] | Let me tell you a secret. | 我告诉你个秘密 |
[06:28] | All parents want is for their kids to be happy. | 当爸妈的只想要自己孩子快乐 |
[06:31] | I even want Oliver to be happy. | 我甚至希望奥利弗快乐 |
[06:33] | You don’t get it. | 你不明白 |
[06:34] | No one stands up to Doyle Bradford. | 没人敢反抗道尔·布拉福德 |
[06:37] | How about this? | 这样好不好 |
[06:38] | When your dad comes over tonight, you cook dinner. | 你爸今晚过来 你煮晚餐 |
[06:40] | Then when he compliments me, | 等他赞美我的厨艺时 |
[06:42] | you jump in and let him know that you made it all. | 你就告诉他是你做的 |
[06:44] | He’ll be so amazed | 震撼他的世界 |
[06:44] | that he will be the one suggesting culinary school. | 到时他会主动建议你去读烹饪学校 |
[06:47] | Yeah. | 对 |
[06:49] | Yeah, that might work. | 这也许能行 |
[06:50] | Okay, I need to put a menu together. | 我需要定今晚的菜单 |
[06:52] | Do we have any foie gras in the house? | 你家里有鹅肝酱吗 |
[06:54] | There’s a can of Spam in the back of the cabinet. | 壁橱里面有一罐午餐肉 |
[06:56] | I should have known better by now. | 我早该知道你们家有多穷酸 |
[07:04] | Here you go, kiddo. | 给你 |
[07:05] | Guaco the Taco! | 玉米卷瓜瓜 |
[07:07] | I’ve been trying to get this guy for a year. | 我想夹这小家伙想了一年了 |
[07:09] | You’re home, buddy. | 你回家了 哥们 |
[07:12] | What in tarnation? | 什么情况 |
[07:16] | If you don’t pay enough attention to your girl, | 如果你不给女朋友足够的关注 |
[07:18] | eventually she’ll find somebody who will. | 迟早她会去找别人 |
[07:20] | What do I do? | 我该怎么做 |
[07:20] | You got to take initiative. | 你得主动一点 |
[07:22] | Buy her a present. Show her that you care. | 买礼物送她 让她知道你在乎她 |
[07:24] | I guess I could get her something nice | 我可以去奖品处 |
[07:25] | from the prize counter. | 选份好礼物送给她 |
[07:27] | Unless you want to give me the taco. | 除非你想把这个玉米卷公仔给我 |
[07:29] | No! You won him for me. He’s mine. | 不行 它是你为我赢得的 它属于我 |
[07:31] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[07:38] | So it turned out the guy I was bidding against | 结果发现和我竞买的人 |
[07:42] | was my own curator, | 是我的保佐人 |
[07:44] | and I spent $20 million more than I needed to. | 我无端多花了两千万 |
[07:47] | But you know how that is. | 但你们知道那是怎么回事 |
[07:48] | Dad, they don’t know how it is. | 爸爸 他们不知道 |
[07:50] | Almost no one does. | 几乎没人知道 |
[07:51] | What are you talking about, Cooper? | 你说什么傻话呢 库珀 |
[07:52] | Sure we do. | 我们当然知道 |
[07:53] | Back in the late ’90s, | 九零年代末期 |
[07:54] | Greg accidentally filled our tank with premium gas. | 格雷格不小心给我们车子加了高级汽油 |
[07:57] | Sure did. | 是啊 |
[07:59] | Dad, did I tell you that Mr. Otto | 爸爸 我有没有说过奥图先生 |
[08:02] | is running for town council? | 正在竞选镇议员 |
[08:03] | Polls close in a half-hour. | 半小时后结束投票 |
[08:04] | Shaping up to be a close race. | 现在战况激烈 不相上下 |
[08:05] | You know, one phone call, and it’s yours. | 我只需打一通电话 那个位子就是你的了 |
[08:08] | I could use another politician on my side. | 我需要多一个政客支持我 |
[08:10] | Thank you, but I’m gonna win this fair and square. | 谢谢 但我会光明正大地赢得选举 |
[08:15] | Oh, you’re serious. | 原来你不是在说笑 |
[08:16] | Mr. Otto prides himself on having integrity. | 奥图先生为自己的正直不阿感到骄傲 |
[08:18] | Oh, but I don’t. | 我可不会 |
[08:19] | I blew the SATs, and I need an in at Harvard. | 我高考考砸了 我必须进哈佛 |
[08:21] | No problem. I just acquired a seat on the board | 没问题 我刚在董事会获得席位 |
[08:23] | to make sure that Cooper gets in. | 为了确保库珀能被录取 |
[08:25] | I’m sure one more won’t make a big difference. | 让他们多录取一个人应该没什么区别 |
[08:27] | Harvard? You hear that, Cooper? | 哈佛 你听见了吗 库珀 |
[08:32] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:36] | Dad, uh, how are you enjoying your meal? | 爸爸 你吃得开心吗 |
[08:40] | Oh, every course has been amazing. | 每一道菜都很美味 |
[08:41] | I’d like to compliment your chef. | 我想赞美你们的厨师 |
[08:46] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:48] | I’m glad you’re enjoying the dinner, because… | 你觉得晚餐好吃我很开心 因为 |
[08:52] | I made it. | 是我做的 |
[08:53] | I don’t understand. | 我没弄明白 |
[08:54] | I found my passion, and it’s cooking. | 我找到了自己的热情所在 就是烹饪 |
[08:57] | I want to go to culinary school and study to become a chef. | 我想去读烹饪学校 以后当厨师 |
[09:00] | He’s truly gifted. | 他很有天赋 |
[09:01] | He made a five-star meal using two-star ingredients | 他在0星级厨房 用两星级食材 |
[09:04] | in a zero-star kitchen. | 做出了五星级大餐 |
[09:05] | I appreciate your input, but Bradfords don’t cook. | 谢谢你的评价 但布拉福德家的人从不做饭 |
[09:10] | Bradfords are cooked for. | 只等别人做给自己吃 |
[09:12] | But Dad — | 可是爸爸 |
[09:12] | Culinary school is out of the question. | 读烹饪学校一事没得商量 |
[09:15] | One day, you’re gonna take over Bradford Industries if I die, | 总有一天 我死后你要接管布拉福德实业公司 |
[09:18] | but I might do one of those Queen Elizabeth things | 但我可能会效仿英女王 |
[09:20] | where I just hang on until he’s too old. | 超长待机 把儿子熬成老头 |
[09:23] | Do we understand each other? | 明白了吗 |
[09:24] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[09:26] | Thank you for the meal, but I have a meeting to attend. | 谢谢你的晚餐 但我要去开会 |
[09:28] | Cooper, if you’d like to say goodbye | 库珀 如果你想在我 |
[09:29] | before I head back to Florida, | 回佛罗里达前道别 |
[09:31] | I have an opening between 10:00 and 10:15 tomorrow. | 我明天10点到10点15有个空档 |
[09:40] | I’m so sorry, Cooper. | 我很遗憾 库珀 |
[09:42] | Why’d you make me do this? | 你为什么要逼我这么做 |
[09:43] | I had my own plan. | 我本来自有计划 |
[09:45] | I could have secretly gone to culinary school, | 我可以偷偷去读烹饪学校 |
[09:47] | and he never would have noticed. | 他绝对不会发现的 |
[09:49] | I told you, there’s no standing up to him. | 我告诉过你了 没人能反抗他 |
[09:51] | You ruined everything! | 一切都被你毁了 |
[09:56] | Wow. He hates you. | 现在他恨死你了 |
[09:58] | Now he really is like one of our kids. | 现在他就像我们的孩子一样 |
[10:04] | That boy was cute. He seemed really into you. | 那男孩很帅 他好像很喜欢你 |
[10:07] | He already built us a castle in Minecraft. | 他已经在《我的世界》里给我们建了座城堡 |
[10:12] | Hey, go sweep her off her feet | 用你在奖品处 |
[10:13] | with the gift you got her from the prize counter. | 换的礼物去迷倒她吧 |
[10:16] | Anna-Kat? | 安娜凯特 |
[10:17] | I want you to know that I appreciate the woman you are, | 我想告诉你 我很欣赏你 |
[10:20] | and I apologize for not being the man you deserve. | 我也为自己配不上你道歉 |
[10:23] | But I promise to do better, starting with this. | 但我保证以后会做得更好 从这个开始 |
[10:28] | Oh, my God, did you know about this? | 天啊 你事先知道吗 |
[10:29] | No, little dude’s winging it. | 不知道 这小子即兴发挥的 |
[10:30] | No one gets me like you do, | 没人像你一样懂我 |
[10:33] | and if I ever lost you, | 如果我失去你 |
[10:34] | I’d regret it for the rest of my life. | 我余生都会悔恨莫及 |
[10:37] | Anna-Kat Liberty Bell Otto, | 安娜凯特·利伯特·贝尔·奥图 |
[10:39] | in 10 years, will you marry me? | 十年之后 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[10:41] | Are you serious? | 你认真的吗 |
[10:42] | Does Sally Field go to the mall in “Soapdish” | 《肥皂拼盘》里莎莉·菲尔德是用逛街 |
[10:44] | to get her confidence back? | 来重拾自信的吗 |
[10:45] | Yes. Yes! I’ll marry you. | 对 好 我嫁给你 |
[10:47] | But make it 15 years. I want to have a career. | 但得到15年之后 我得先专注事业 |
[10:51] | She said yes! | 她说好 |
[10:52] | It’s beautiful! | 太美了 |
[10:54] | It’s also a whistle. | 这还能当哨子用 |
[10:57] | Looks like a real nail-biter here | 看来对于市议员的 |
[10:58] | in the City Council race… | 竞争非常激烈 |
[11:00] | 95% of the ballots are in, | 95%的选票都已经统计了 |
[11:02] | but you and Ablin are still neck and neck. | 但你和阿布林还是并驾齐驱 |
[11:04] | I would have been so mean to these two in high school, | 如果他俩是我高中同学 一定很招我讨厌 |
[11:06] | I can tell you that. | 实话实说 |
[11:08] | I ran the campaign I wanted with integrity and honesty, | 我正直诚实地竞选 |
[11:11] | fair and square. | 光明正大 |
[11:12] | I’m proud of my race. | 我为我的竞选[种族]自豪 |
[11:13] | That came out wrong. | 这话听着有点变味 |
[11:19] | Principal Ablin. Maria. What are you two doing here? | 阿布林校长 玛丽亚 你们怎么来了 |
[11:21] | We came over to watch the vote tally, of course. | 我们当然是来看计票的了 |
[11:23] | You’ve done nothing but | 几周以来你们一直 |
[11:24] | run a nasty campaign against me for weeks, | 非常下作地对付我 |
[11:26] | and now you want to crash my election night party? | 现在还要毁了我的大选夜派对 |
[11:28] | I’m glad we’re on the same page. | 很高兴我们想法相同 |
[11:30] | Is this it for food? | 就这么点吃的吗 |
[11:33] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[11:34] | You’ve got to throw him out. | 你应该把他扔出去 |
[11:35] | Politics aside, let’s be human beings. | 先把政治放一边 友善一点 |
[11:38] | I want a front-row seat to watch you lose. | 我要在前排座看你落败 |
[11:41] | The only thing I’m going to lose is weight | 除了因为庆祝胜利疯狂跳舞而失去肥肉 |
[11:43] | from my crazy victory dance. | 我什么也不会失去 |
[11:47] | That’s a taste. | 先给你露一手 |
[11:49] | Mm. Hey, that’s the cake for when I win. | 这蛋糕是我赢的时候要吃的 |
[11:51] | You won’t be needing it. | 用不上的 |
[11:52] | Hey, everybody, | 各位 |
[11:53] | I think they’re ready to announce the winner. | 我觉得他们要宣布胜者了 |
[11:55] | Enough suspense, folks. | 各位 不卖关子了 |
[11:56] | It looks like we are prepared to announce the result. | 我们要宣布结果了 |
[11:59] | Samantha? | 萨曼莎 |
[12:00] | It’s… | 结果是 |
[12:02] | a tie. | 平局 |
[12:03] | Holy moly. A tie. | 天啊 平局 |
[12:05] | A tie? What is this, soccer? | 平局 这啥玩意 足球吗 |
[12:16] | This is highly unusual. | 这很不常见 |
[12:17] | Westport has not had an election tie since 1792, | 西港自从1792年以来就没出现过竞选平局 |
[12:20] | and per the Westport constitution, | 依照西港宪法 |
[12:22] | any tie must be settled with… | 平局必须用 |
[12:25] | a duel. | 决斗来解决 |
[12:27] | A duel? | 决斗 |
[12:28] | We can’t do a duel in Westport. | 我们没法在西港决斗 |
[12:30] | He’s right. We’ll do it in Fairfield. | 他说得对 决斗会在费尔菲尔德县举行 |
[12:32] | They’ll let you do anything there. | 你们在那什么都能做 |
[12:33] | This is ridiculous. | 荒谬 |
[12:35] | You want us to shoot each other? | 你想让我们枪战吗 |
[12:37] | What if they do it with paintball guns? | 不如让他们来场彩弹游戏 |
[12:39] | I think that would be consistent with the spirit of the law. | 我觉得这很符合法律精神 |
[12:41] | I was ready to use real guns, so I’m in. | 我本来准备用真枪的 我参加 |
[12:44] | And so is my guy. | 他也参加 |
[12:44] | I — | 我 |
[12:46] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[12:47] | Then it’s paintballs at high noon! | 正午的彩弹决斗 |
[12:48] | Oh, actually, make it like 12:15. | 能不能约在12:15 |
[12:51] | I see my therapist 11:00 to 12:00, | 我11点到12点约了治疗师 |
[12:52] | and I need some time after to decompress. | 之后我需要点时间放松 |
[12:55] | Self-care, baby! | 自我照顾 宝贝 |
[13:06] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么了 |
[13:08] | – Nothing. – Okay. | -没什么 -好吧 |
[13:09] | I’m not invested enough to ask any follow-up questions. | 没给我足够的钱 支撑我接着问 |
[13:13] | I blew the SATs. | 我的学术能力考试砸了 |
[13:14] | Plus, my mom pissed off | 另外我妈把那个 |
[13:15] | the one guy that could get me into Harvard. | 能让我进哈佛的人惹毛了 |
[13:17] | Well, maybe this will help. | 也许这个能帮你 |
[13:19] | Apple put us on their Featured App list. | 苹果把我们的应用放在推荐列表上了 |
[13:21] | Downloads have skyrocketed. Gyftee is blowing up. | 下载量起飞 礼物软件火了 |
[13:23] | Are you serious? | 你认真的吗 |
[13:24] | If we keep adding users at this rate, | 如果我们能维持这个用户增长速度 |
[13:26] | our company could be worth millions. | 我们的公司可能能值几百万 |
[13:28] | And then Harvard will be begging me to go there. | 然后哈佛会求着我去 |
[13:30] | Forget Harvard. | 忘了哈佛吧 |
[13:31] | You’re only going there to become rich and successful. | 你去那是为了变富变成功 |
[13:33] | This app is already gonna make you rich and successful. | 这应用就已经能做到了 |
[13:37] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[13:38] | I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. | 我感觉轻松多了 |
[13:41] | Thanks, Trevor. | 谢了 特雷弗 |
[13:41] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[13:44] | What are you doing with your face? | 你脸怎么了 |
[13:46] | Am I not smiling? | 我没在笑吗 |
[13:47] | No. | 没有 |
[13:53] | Why’d you let Cooper give up on his dreams? | 你为什么让库珀放弃他的梦想 |
[13:55] | I promised him I’d stay out of it. | 我保证过不会干预这件事 |
[13:57] | Since when do you listen when someone tells you | 什么时候开始别人让你放弃 |
[13:58] | not to do something? | 你就放弃了 |
[14:00] | I asked you not to eat popcorn in my BMW, | 我叫你别在我的宝马车里吃爆米花 |
[14:02] | and now it looks like the floor of a movie theater. | 它现在脏得像影院的地板一样 |
[14:06] | Katie. | 凯蒂 |
[14:08] | My dad’s taking me to Florida with him. | 我爸要带我去佛州 |
[14:10] | – Oh, no. Yeah. | -不是吧 -是 |
[14:11] | He said it’s time for me to start living | 他说是时候去过 |
[14:13] | the life that’s been planned for me. | 早就为我规划好的人生了 |
[14:15] | He blamed my behavior on a caviar deficiency. | 他怪我鱼子酱吃少了 |
[14:18] | I’m gonna go to the bathroom | 我要去浴室 |
[14:19] | to use a urinal for the last time. | 最后用一次小便池了 |
[14:21] | It’s all bidets where I’m headed. | 我去的地方只有坐浴盆了 |
[14:26] | Poor kid. | 可怜的孩子 |
[14:28] | Yeah, too bad you promised not to get involved. | 对 你选择不干涉真是太糟了 |
[14:30] | Watch my waffles. | 替我看着华夫饼 |
[14:37] | I need to have a word with you. | 我得跟你聊聊 |
[14:38] | Oh, thank goodness you’re here. | 谢天谢地你在这里 |
[14:40] | I need some cream. | 给我拿些奶油 |
[14:40] | For the love of God, we had dinner last night. | 看在上帝的份上 我们昨晚还一起吃过饭 |
[14:43] | What you are doing to Cooper is horrible. | 你对库珀的所作所为简直糟透了 |
[14:46] | A real parent would encourage their child’s dream. | 真正的父母只会鼓励孩子去追梦 |
[14:49] | I’ve indulged you long enough, Crystal. | 我已经纵容你太久了 克里斯托 |
[14:51] | You need to mind your own business. | 管好你自己的事 |
[14:53] | Cooper is my business. | 库珀的事就是我的事 |
[14:54] | I’ve put more work into that kid in six months | 六个月来我对那孩子做的 |
[14:56] | than you have in 17 years. | 比你17年来还要多 |
[14:59] | Are you eating Katie’s waffles? | 你在吃凯蒂的华夫饼吗 |
[15:00] | She gave us one thing to do! | 她就让我们做这一件事 |
[15:01] | I can’t help it. I’m stress eating. | 我忍不住 一紧张就要吃东西 |
[15:04] | Cooper is my son. | 库珀是我儿子 |
[15:06] | He is going to work for me. | 他将来会为我工作 |
[15:07] | He is going to be incredibly wealthy, | 他会非常有钱 |
[15:08] | and he’s going to marry a cousin distant enough | 他会娶一个血缘足够远的表妹 |
[15:11] | not to have wonky babies. | 生一个正常的孩子 |
[15:12] | But is he going to be happy? | 但他会开心吗 |
[15:14] | Well, despite what we tell the poor, | 虽然对穷人不是这么说 |
[15:16] | money does buy happiness. | 钱确实能买开心 |
[15:17] | Preach. | 真有钱 |
[15:19] | Cooper is sweet. | 库珀很贴心 |
[15:20] | He’s sensitive. | 他很敏感 |
[15:21] | He’s a bueno muchacho. | 他是个好孩子 |
[15:23] | Why are you speaking Spanish? | 你为什么要说西班牙语 |
[15:24] | Because that’s his thing, and you would know that | 因为他很喜欢 如果你愿意哪怕花一点时间陪他 |
[15:26] | if you spent any time with him at all, but you don’t, | 你都会知道 但你没有 |
[15:29] | because you care more about yourself | 因为比起儿子 |
[15:30] | than you do your own son. | 你更在乎的是你自己 |
[15:32] | No one speaks to me that way. | 没人能跟我这么说话 |
[15:35] | I could ruin you. | 我能毁了你 |
[15:36] | Good luck. I’m already ruined. | 祝你好运 我已经没救了 |
[15:39] | Cooper, we’re leaving. | 库珀 我们走 |
[15:41] | Congrats, this is the longest I’ve talked | 多谢你了 这是我跟穷人 |
[15:42] | to someone who wasn’t in my tax bracket. | 聊得最久的一次 |
[15:48] | I know I promised that I would not say anything to your dad, | 我知道我保证了不会跟你爸说什么 |
[15:51] | but I can’t stand by | 但我不能袖手旁观 |
[15:52] | and let you walk out on your dream. | 让你遗弃你的梦想 |
[15:54] | Thanks for trying, Mrs. Otto. | 谢谢你的努力 奥图夫人 |
[16:02] | Te amo, mamacita. | 我爱你 亲爱的 |
[16:14] | Taylor, there’s something I need to talk to you about. | 泰勒 我有事要和你说 |
[16:16] | I told you, there’s no need to apologize. | 我说了 不用道歉 |
[16:18] | That squirrel took your hot dog. | 那只松鼠抢了你的热狗 |
[16:19] | You had every reason to chase it. | 你有充足的理由去追它 |
[16:22] | Not that. | 不是那个 |
[16:24] | I remember when I came here to pick you up on our first date, | 我还记得第一次约会时 我来这里接你 |
[16:27] | and you were standing right in this spot waiting for me. | 你就站在这里等我 |
[16:30] | I was just so excited. | 我只是太激动了 |
[16:32] | Also, we had a pet pig inside, | 另外 里边有只宠物猪 |
[16:33] | and I didn’t want that to be the headline for the night, so… | 我不想让它成为那晚的中心 所以… |
[16:38] | I couldn’t believe how lucky I was to be taking you out. | 我不敢相信自己竟然能约你出来 |
[16:42] | And I feel luckier every single day that I’m with you. | 我们在一起后的每一天 我都觉得自己更幸运了 |
[16:46] | This porch is where I fell in love with you, | 这个门廊就是我爱上你的地方 |
[16:50] | so this porch feels like the right place to do this. | 所以这个门廊 感觉是做这件事的合适地方 |
[16:53] | Do what? | 做什么 |
[16:53] | Franklin got me thinking. | 富兰克林让我思考了 |
[16:56] | I almost lost you twice. | 我差点两次失去你 |
[16:58] | There is no way that I’m gonna lose you again. | 我绝不会再失去你了 |
[17:04] | Taylor Betsy Ross Otto, | 泰勒·贝琪·萝丝·奥图 |
[17:08] | will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[17:11] | Yes. | 愿意 |
[17:12] | I will absolutely marry you. | 我绝对愿意嫁给你 |
[17:19] | Trip, it’s beautiful. | 特里普 这太美了 |
[17:20] | It was my grandma’s. | 这是我祖母的 |
[17:22] | I’m sorry it’s not also a whistle. | 抱歉它没有同时是个口哨 |
[17:32] | The rules of today’s duel are simple — | 今天决斗的规则很简单 |
[17:34] | 10 paces, 1 shot fired. | 十步 一枪 |
[17:36] | Whoever strikes first… | 谁先被打中… |
[17:38] | I don’t need to go into any more detail, do I? | 我不需要再说任何细节了吧 |
[17:40] | We’ve all seen “Hamilton.” | 我们都看过《汉密尔顿》 |
[17:41] | Weapons, please. | 武器 |
[17:45] | I can’t believe we’re doing this. | 不敢相信我们在做这个 |
[17:46] | I’m looking forward to eating your victory cake | 我期待在你沾满油漆的身体之上 |
[17:48] | over your paint-riddled body. | 享用你的胜利蛋糕 |
[17:50] | The combatants will now meet back-to-back. | 决斗人员现在背靠背 |
[17:53] | Now, 10 paces. | 现在 走十步 |
[17:55] | One. | 一 |
[17:57] | Two. | 二 |
[17:58] | Three. | 三 |
[17:59] | – You’re not gonna win. – Four. | -你输定了 -四 |
[18:00] | Your guy doesn’t have the balls. | 你们没胆量[睾丸] |
[18:01] | – Five. – He has one ball, | -五 -他有一个 |
[18:02] | – and that’s all he needs. – Six. | -那就够了 -六 |
[18:04] | – Paintball. One paintball. – Seven. | -彩弹 一个彩弹 -七 |
[18:06] | – Eight. – He has the appropriate amount of testicles! | -八 他有合理数量的睾丸 |
[18:08] | Nine. | 九 |
[18:11] | Wait! Wait! Ablin fired early! | 等等 阿布林提前开枪了 |
[18:13] | Accident! That was an accident! | 是意外 那是个意外 |
[18:15] | Let the duel continue! | 让决斗继续 |
[18:16] | Nope. Dude, you broke the rules. | 不 哥们 你打破了规则 |
[18:18] | I call a do-over. | 我要求重来 |
[18:19] | A do-over is up to Candidate Otto. | 重来与否由奥图参选人决定 |
[18:22] | Well, I did run my campaign fair and square. | 我的竞选活动一直光明磊落 |
[18:25] | But what you did is neither fair nor square. | 但你的所作所为完全与之相反 |
[18:28] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[18:29] | There’s the badass I’m looking for! | 这才是我想要的狠角色 |
[18:33] | You wouldn’t shoot a woman with fibromyalgia, would you? | 你不会向一位有纤维肌痛的女士开枪吧 |
[18:35] | Why do you always tell people that? | 你为什么总这么告诉别人 |
[18:37] | You got him? | 你瞄准他了吗 |
[18:38] | I got him. | 我瞄准了 |
[18:40] | Take the shot. | 开枪 |
[18:42] | Oh, my God, I’m so sorry! | 天啊 真抱歉 |
[18:43] | Turns out I didn’t have the shot. | 看来我没瞄准 |
[18:47] | That’s to break the tie. | 这是为了打破平手 |
[18:49] | And that’s for putting your ballot in first. | 这是为了你先放选票 |
[18:52] | And that’s for eating my cake! | 这是为了你吃掉我的蛋糕 |
[18:55] | Doggone it! | 妈的 |
[18:56] | Yeah! I’m so proud of you, man! | 我真为你骄傲 哥们[男人] |
[18:58] | Emphasis on “Man,” Which you are now. | 重点是男人 因为你现在是了 |
[19:01] | Congratulations, Greg. | 恭喜你 格雷格 |
[19:02] | You’re Westport’s newest town councilman. | 你是西港最新任镇议员 |
[19:04] | May I suggest your first order of business | 我能提个建议吗 你上任后第一议程 |
[19:06] | be to change what happens when there’s a tie? | 就是修改竞选人平手之后的流程吧 |
[19:14] | Cooper made a great victory cake. | 库珀做了个超棒的胜利蛋糕 |
[19:16] | I can’t believe he’s leaving. | 不敢相信他要走了 |
[19:18] | When I, your actual son, move out, | 当我 你真正的儿子 搬出去时 |
[19:20] | I better see at least this level of distress from both of you. | 我最好能在你俩脸上看到至少这个水平的悲痛 |
[19:24] | Fake it if you have to. | 装也得装出来 |
[19:27] | You here to pick up your stuff? | 你来拿东西的吗 |
[19:28] | Actually, my dad changed his mind | 实际上 我爸改变了主意 |
[19:30] | and told me I could stay. | 告诉我我可以留下来了 |
[19:31] | What? | 什么 |
[19:32] | And after I graduate, I can go to culinary school! | 而且我毕业后 可以去烹饪学校了 |
[19:35] | Oh, dude! That’s amazing! | 哥们 这太棒了 |
[19:37] | Move out of the way, Oliver! I want to hug Cooper. | 别挡路 奥利弗 我想抱抱库珀 |
[19:40] | What made him change his mind? | 什么让他改变主意了 |
[19:42] | You. | 你 |
[19:43] | He asked me what I thought about what that crazy lady said, | 他问我对那个疯女人说的话作何感想 |
[19:45] | and for the first time, I was able to be honest with him. | 而我第一次对他说出了我的真实想法 |
[19:48] | People always underestimate the benefits of crazy. | 人们总是低估疯狂的好处 |
[19:51] | And you said people in Westport can’t change. | 你还说西港人民不会改变呢 |
[19:53] | I guess they can. | 看来他们可以 |
[19:54] | If I can change Cooper’s dad, the ultimate Westporter, | 如果我能改变库珀的爸爸这个终极西港人 |
[19:58] | anything is possible. | 那么一切皆有可能 |
[19:59] | We have an announcement, too. | 我们有个通知 |
[20:01] | Franklin and I are engaged. | 我和富兰克林订婚了 |
[20:04] | 15 years from this summer. Save the date. | 15年后的这个夏天 记得按时出席 |
[20:06] | She’s a lucky lady. | 她真幸运 |
[20:07] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[20:08] | Trip and I have news, too. | 我和特里普也有消息要说 |
[20:10] | We also got engaged! | 我们也订婚了 |
[20:12] | What? | 什么 |
[20:13] | Taylor and I got engaged. | 我和泰勒订婚了 |
[20:15] | We heard you. | 我们听见了 |
[20:16] | I also have some news. | 我也有消息要说 |
[20:18] | I don’t want to go to Harvard anymore. | 我不再想去哈佛了 |
[20:20] | Actually, I might not even finish high school. | 实际上 我可能高中也不会继续念了 |
[20:22] | What the hell is happening?! | 发生了什么 |
[20:24] | I’ll tell you what’s happening. | 我告诉你 |
[20:25] | We got a tween bride, a teen bride, | 我们有个少年新娘 青少年新娘 |
[20:26] | and a high school dropout, | 还有个高中辍学的 |
[20:27] | so I guess my news isn’t such a big deal anymore. | 所以我猜我的消息 应该不那么重要了 |
[20:32] | You’re pregnant. | 你怀孕了 |
[20:34] | No weird-ass historical middle name for this one. | 这个不要什么奇怪的历史性中间名了 |