时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | And then you go like this. | 然后像这样跳 |
[00:05] | And then the music goes dah dah dah dah-dah-dah, | 接着音乐会变成哒哒哒哒 |
[00:07] | and then you finish like this. | 最后用这姿势结尾 |
[00:11] | Do you think I’ll make the cheer squad? | 你觉得我能选上啦啦队吗 |
[00:13] | Can I be frank with you? | 我能实话实说吗 |
[00:14] | Of course. After all, your podcast is called | 当然 毕竟你的播客就叫 |
[00:17] | “Getting Frank With Franklin.” | “与富兰克林实话实说” |
[00:18] | Frankly, you were amazing. | 实话说 你棒极了 |
[00:20] | I only wish my listeners could see your routine. | 多希望我的听众们能看到你跳舞的样子 |
[00:23] | I’m your only listener, so technically, they can. | 我是你唯一的听众 严格来说 他们可以 |
[00:26] | Today’s episode was written, | 今天的节目由我富兰克林 |
[00:27] | produced, and edited by me, Franklin. | 撰稿 制作和编辑 |
[00:29] | And our outro today was performed by me, also Franklin. | 今天的结尾部分也由我富兰克林表演 |
[00:33] | ♪ Getting Frank with F-F-F-F-Franklin ♪ | ♪与富-富-富-富兰克林一起实话实说♪ |
[00:37] | That was my 99th episode. | 那是我第九十九期节目 |
[00:40] | Wow. You should do something special for your 100th. | 你应该在一百期的时候来点特别的 |
[00:43] | Yeah. Maybe you could have a guest other than me. | 对啊 也许除了我以外你能再邀请个嘉宾 |
[00:45] | Mrs. Otto, I’ve always wanted to know | 奥图太太 我一直想知道 |
[00:47] | who the woman is behind the laundry basket. | 拿着洗衣筐的女士是一个怎样的人 |
[00:49] | Would you be my guest on the 100th episode | 你愿意做我”与富兰克林实话实说” |
[00:51] | of “Getting Frank with Franklin”? | 第一百期节目的嘉宾吗 |
[00:52] | Here are my demands — | 我有些要求 |
[00:54] | I want a comfy chair, peanut butter pretzels, | 我要张舒服的椅子 花生酱脆饼干 |
[00:57] | and if Hollywood decides to make a TV show out of it, | 如果好莱坞决定把这期制作成电视节目 |
[00:59] | I want Scarlett Johansson to play me. | 我要女神斯嘉丽·约翰逊扮演我 |
[01:01] | Done, done, and I love the confidence, lady. | 全部成交 我欣赏你的自信 女士 |
[01:03] | You should interview the whole family. | 你应该采访我们全家人 |
[01:05] | Yes! This is going to be the best 100th episode ever! | 对啊 这会成为有史以来最棒的一百期节目 |
[01:08] | Or best 107th, | 或者最棒的一百零七期 |
[01:10] | if, as I suspect, I’ve counted wrong. | 我刚才好像数错了 |
[01:22] | I call this “Huevos Ottos.” | 我称它为”奥图式煎蛋” |
[01:24] | It’s like Huevos Rancheros, but instead of pinto beans, | 有点像墨西哥式煎蛋 但是没用斑豆 |
[01:26] | I used bacon, ’cause that’s all you had in your meat drawer. | 我用了培根 因为你们冰箱肉区只剩这个了 |
[01:29] | And your veggie drawer. | 蔬菜区也是 |
[01:31] | Mmm, delicious. | 很好吃 |
[01:32] | Yeah, yeah. He made eggs. | 他只是煮了鸡蛋 不重要 |
[01:34] | I’m trying to tell you about the app we’re working on. | 我想跟你聊聊我们在做的APP大业 |
[01:37] | “Gyftee” is ready for a trial run, and if it’s successful, | “礼物”随时可以试运行 如果成功了 |
[01:40] | that alone will get me into Harvard. | 单凭这个我就能进哈佛了 |
[01:41] | Then Cooper will roll up his sleeves, | 然后库珀会卷起袖子 |
[01:43] | buckle down, and buy his way in. | 全力以赴 花钱进去 |
[01:46] | Has anybody seen my Oranginas? | 有人看见我的果汁汽水了吗 |
[01:48] | Oh, Cooper and I drank them. | 我和库珀喝掉了 |
[01:49] | I was expecting juice, | 我本来以为是果汁 |
[01:51] | but it was more like orange soda | 但它更像是 |
[01:52] | that didn’t have the courage of its conviction. | 信念不坚定的橘子汽水 |
[01:54] | They had a Post-it with my name on it. | 上面可是贴了我的名字啊 |
[01:56] | I’ll just buy some more. | 我再去买点吧 |
[01:57] | There you go. Give ’em hell, honey! | 又来了 快教训教训他们 亲爱的 |
[02:00] | Mr. Otto, would it be okay if I used your office | 奥图先生 我能借用你的办公室 |
[02:02] | to interview people for my 100th podcast? | 来为我的第一百期播客做采访吗 |
[02:05] | It has the best acoustics in the house | 那里是房子里收声效果最好的地方 |
[02:06] | and your desk chair is good for my sciatica. | 你的办公椅也能缓解我的坐骨神经痛 |
[02:08] | Of course. Wow, 100 episodes. | 当然 第一百期节目啊 |
[02:11] | I gotta say, I’m impressed | 我得说 |
[02:12] | with your stick-to-itiveness, Franklin. | 你的坚持不懈让我佩服不已 富兰克林 |
[02:14] | Speaking of which, Katie, how’s your mommy vlog going? | 说起这个 凯蒂 你的妈咪视频博客做得怎么样 |
[02:16] | You haven’t done an entry in a week. | 你已经有一星期没做视频了 |
[02:17] | I don’t know, Greg. | 我不知道 格雷格 |
[02:18] | How are those dumbbells in the garage | 你四年前买的 现在堆在车库里的哑铃 |
[02:19] | you bought four years ago? | 你怎么没用 |
[02:20] | I strained my shoulder. It takes time to heal. | 我拉伤了肩膀 需要时间恢复 |
[02:23] | I’m taking a breather from my vlog. | 我暂时不拍视频博客了 |
[02:24] | The truth is, it eats up a lot of time, | 事实是 它实在太费时间了 |
[02:26] | and realistically, the chances of it being successful | 现实点说 长远来看成功的机会 |
[02:28] | in the long term are slim. | 非常渺茫 |
[02:30] | Mm. Hey, Mom, check it out. | 妈妈 快看 |
[02:31] | I can do the splits. | 我能劈叉了 |
[02:36] | Honey, that is amazing. | 亲爱的 太棒了 |
[02:38] | But you know what might be | 但你知道吗 可能有 |
[02:39] | better for you than cheerleading? | 比啦啦队更适合你的 |
[02:40] | School mascot. | 就是当学校吉祥物 |
[02:41] | You don’t think I’ll make the squad? | 你觉得我进不了啦啦队吗 |
[02:43] | Of course I do. | 我当然相信你能 |
[02:44] | But there are so many cheerleaders | 但是啦啦队队员有很多 |
[02:45] | and only one mascot, so that’s special. | 吉祥物却只有一个 那很特别 |
[02:48] | And you’re special. | 而你也很特别 |
[02:49] | So, there’s a convergence of specialness… | 所以特上加特啊 |
[02:53] | Which is special. | 这多特别啊 |
[03:01] | Dad, there’s another attack ad against you, | 爸 又有一个攻击你的广告 |
[03:03] | but this time it’s from Principal Ablin. | 但这次来自阿布林校长 |
[03:07] | Greg Otto is running for City Council, | 格雷格·奥图在竞选市议员 |
[03:09] | and he says he’s one of you. | 他说他是你们中的一员 |
[03:11] | But is he? | 但他是吗 |
[03:12] | He’s only been in Westport for four years. | 他来西港才短短四年 |
[03:15] | My family has been here for over 2,000 years. | 我的家族已经在这里超过两千年了 |
[03:18] | Greg Otto pronounces Compo Beach “Campo Beach.” | 格雷格·奥图把”孔波海滩”读错成”看波海滩” |
[03:22] | He’s not one of us. | 他才不是我们的一员 |
[03:25] | “Campo Beach”? | “看波海滩” |
[03:27] | I thought I knew you. | 我还以为我了解你 |
[03:29] | None of that is true! | 都是假的 |
[03:30] | So what are you going to do about it? | 那你要怎么回应呢 |
[03:31] | I’ll tell you what I’m gonna do. | 我告诉你我要怎么做 |
[03:34] | Nothing. | 什么都不做 |
[03:35] | I’m going to take the high road. | 我要以德报怨 |
[03:36] | I will not get in the muck with my opponents. | 我是不会跟对手一样使贱招的 |
[03:39] | Oh, Greg. You are already so mucked. | 格雷格 你已经够贱了 |
[03:43] | Andre, what are you doing here? | 安德鲁 你怎么会来 |
[03:45] | Uh, you forgot your sweater in class, | 你把毛衣落在教室了 |
[03:46] | so I thought I’d drop by on my way home. | 我想着回家路上顺便送过来 |
[03:48] | Don’t you live on campus? | 你不是住在校内吗 |
[03:49] | Yeah, yeah. Let me correct myself. | 对 我更正一下 |
[03:51] | I thought that I’d drop off your sweater nowhere near my home. | 我想着特地绕路把你的毛衣送来 |
[03:54] | So I’ll, uh, see you in school on Monday. | 那周一学校见啦 |
[03:56] | In that sweater or wear whatever you want, | 随便你穿这件毛衣还是别的衣服 |
[03:58] | or you don’t have to wear anything at all. | 或者什么都不穿 |
[03:59] | I mean, wear something. Bye! | 我是说 记得穿衣服 拜拜 |
[04:07] | You’ve never seen Greg Otto | 你从没见过格雷格·奥图 |
[04:09] | and the Prime Minister of Turkey in the same room. | 和土耳其总理共处一室 |
[04:11] | A lot of people are asking why. | 好多人问为什么 |
[04:14] | Mr. Otto?! | 奥图先生 |
[04:15] | I’m not the Prime Minister of Turkey! | 我鬼知道 我又不是土耳其总理 |
[04:20] | Why haven’t you been practicing your cheerleading routine? | 你怎么不练啦啦队的动作了 |
[04:22] | Maybe my mom’s right. | 也许妈妈是对的 |
[04:24] | She tried to spin the whole mascot thing, | 她一直在说关于吉祥物的事情 |
[04:26] | but what she’s really telling me | 但她真正想跟我说的是 |
[04:27] | is that I’m not gonna make the team. | 我是进不去啦啦队的 |
[04:29] | She’s not wrong. | 她是对的 |
[04:30] | When I do a cartwheel, my hands and feet don’t leave the ground. | 我做侧手翻的时候,手脚都没法离地 |
[04:33] | I’m all cart, no wheel. | 只有侧 没有翻 |
[04:36] | But let’s not talk about me. | 别再说我了 |
[04:38] | This is your day. | 今天是你的大日子 |
[04:40] | How do I look? | 我看起来怎么样 |
[04:41] | Like a tween George Stephanopoulos. | 像少年版乔治·斯特凡诺普洛斯 |
[04:44] | Siri, show me George Stephanopoulos. | 语音助手 给我看看乔治•斯特凡诺普洛斯啥样 |
[04:47] | Bangin’. | 帅啊 |
[04:52] | Hey, Dad, can I get a level on you? | 爸 你说几句 我要调音 |
[04:55] | Four score — | 八十… |
[04:55] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[04:59] | Welcome to the 100th episode of “Getting Frank with Franklin”. | 欢迎来到第一百期”与富兰克林实话实说” |
[05:02] | My first guest is a Pulitzer Prize-winning author, | 我的第一位嘉宾是普利策获奖作家 |
[05:04] | Greg Otto. | 格雷格·奥图 |
[05:05] | I don’t have one of those. | 我没得过 |
[05:06] | No? Disappointing. | 没有吗 真令人失望 |
[05:08] | We know you’re a busy man. | 我们知道你很忙 |
[05:09] | You’re a father, you’re a professor, | 你是位父亲 一位教授 |
[05:11] | you’re running for City Council, | 还在竞选市议员 |
[05:12] | which leads me to my first question — | 这也引出了我的第一个问题 |
[05:14] | Would you rather have edible spaghetti hair | 你更愿意吃可食用意面头发 |
[05:16] | or sweat maple syrup? | 还是汗液枫糖浆 |
[05:17] | That’s a tough one to start. | 第一个问题就不好回答啊 |
[05:19] | I’d say sweat maple syrup. | 我选汗液枫糖浆 |
[05:22] | I struggle with that one every day. | 这是我每天都纠结的问题 |
[05:24] | Along those same lines — | 继续沿着这个思路 |
[05:25] | Why do you completely lack any sort of backbone? | 你为什么总是没有一点骨气 |
[05:29] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[05:30] | It’s been my observation that letting people push you around | 我观察到你成为他人的受气包 |
[05:32] | is a continuing theme in your life. | 是你人生不变的主题 |
[05:34] | Where are you getting that? | 你从哪得出的这个结论 |
[05:35] | Letting that attack ad slide makes you look weak. | 对那个攻击广告不作为显得你很软弱 |
[05:37] | I’m taking the high road! | 我这是以德报怨 |
[05:38] | Westport is going to pave right over your “High road” | 西港会直接碾压你的”以德报怨” |
[05:40] | if you don’t wake up, speak up, and sack up! | 如果你不马上醒来 发声 雄起 |
[05:49] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[05:51] | Much, much franker than I thought. | 比我想象的要坦诚很多 |
[06:00] | So, what are your guys’ plans after high school? | 你们高中毕业后有什么打算 |
[06:02] | Well, we’re going to… | 我们要去 |
[06:03] | Harvard, and then on to… | 哈佛大学 然后去 |
[06:04] | Business school. | 商学院 |
[06:05] | Then we’re moving to New York to start our own… | 之后我们要搬去纽约 创立我们自己的 |
[06:07] | Boutique hedge fund. | 精品风投公司 |
[06:09] | Jinx, you owe me a billion dollars! | 异口同声 你欠我十亿美元 |
[06:11] | Hey, Franklin, what time is it? | 富兰克林 现在是什么时候了 |
[06:13] | Time to get frank with Franklin. | 该和富兰克林实话实说了 |
[06:15] | You two have what’s called a “Boy and his dog” relationship. | 你们俩的关系被称之为”男孩和狗” |
[06:19] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[06:20] | Don’t you have any of your own plans? | 你难道没有自己的计划吗 |
[06:22] | We just have the same interests, | 我们只是有相同的兴趣 |
[06:23] | and that’s why we have the same plan. | 所以我们有相同的计划 |
[06:25] | No, you don’t. Oliver, you have the plan. | 并非如此 奥利弗 你有计划 |
[06:28] | This one follows you around like a lost puppy. | 这家伙只是跟着你 像只迷路的小狗 |
[06:30] | Y-You’re way off base, amigo. | 你完全搞错了 朋友 |
[06:32] | – Yeah. – And look who’s talking. | -对 -而且你还好意思说 |
[06:34] | You follow Anna-Kat around all the time. | 你整天都跟在安娜凯特屁股后面 |
[06:36] | Yeah, she’s my girlfriend. It’s called being a G. | 对 她是我女友 这叫暖男 |
[06:46] | And we’re back. | 欢迎回来 |
[06:48] | I-I-I’m no puppy. | 我才不是小狗 |
[06:50] | I started using bath bombs and Oliver copied me. | 我先开始用沐浴球的 奥利弗学我的 |
[06:52] | – And — – I’m sorry, we’re out of time. | -还有… -不好意思 我们没时间了 |
[06:54] | But thank you, Cooper and Oliver, for being my guests. | 但谢谢你们 库珀和奥利弗 来做我的嘉宾 |
[06:57] | Oliver, you go first. | 奥利弗 你先出去 |
[06:58] | Cooper will follow. | 库珀会跟着 |
[07:03] | He can’t talk to us like that. | 他不能这么跟我们说话 |
[07:05] | We’re Cooliver, damn it. | 我们可是库利弗组合 妈的 |
[07:06] | What the hell is happening in there? | 里面到底发生了什么 |
[07:08] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈 |
[07:12] | Taylor Otto? | 泰勒·奥图 |
[07:13] | Right this way, please. | 这边请 |
[07:22] | – Mom? – Just be brave. | -妈妈 -勇敢点 |
[07:24] | After it’s all over, | 结束后 |
[07:25] | we’ll go to the pharmacy and you can pick out a toy. | 我们去药店给你买个玩具 |
[07:35] | So, Taylor, what’s your favorite color? | 泰勒 你最喜欢的颜色是什么 |
[07:40] | Blue? | 蓝色吗 |
[07:40] | According to my research, that’s correct. | 根据我的调查 正确 |
[07:42] | Oh, yes, I knew it! | 太好了 我就知道 |
[07:44] | Look, Taylor, we’ve had our ups and downs, | 听着 泰勒 我们的关系有过跌宕起伏 |
[07:46] | minor flirtations, | 少许调情 |
[07:48] | but we’ve both come out the other side as friends. | 但我们最终成为了朋友 |
[07:50] | I’m really thrilled you’re on my 100th episode. | 我很兴奋你是我第一百期的嘉宾 |
[07:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:53] | Well, I think that’s it. | 那好 就到这吧 |
[07:54] | – Oh, really? – That’s it?! | -真的吗 -就这样吗 |
[07:56] | That’s all you’re gonna say to this cheating harlot? | 你对这个出轨的妓女就想说这些吗 |
[07:59] | Sorry, she’s just very protective of Trip. | 抱歉 她非常保护特里普 |
[08:01] | She doesn’t want him to get hurt | 她不希望他受伤 |
[08:02] | because of what you’re doing with Andre. | 鉴于你和安德烈之间发生的事 |
[08:04] | There is nothing going on between me and Andre. | 我和安德烈之间什么也没有 |
[08:06] | Oh, please. | 得了吧 |
[08:07] | Leaving a sweater behind | 故意落下毛衣 |
[08:08] | so they’ll have to bring it back to you? | 好让对方给你送回来 |
[08:10] | Oldest trick in the book. | 最老套的招数了 |
[08:12] | Get her! Be frank with her, Franklin! | 对付她 逼她说实话实说 富兰克林 |
[08:15] | This is not a crime. | 这不是犯罪 |
[08:16] | The heart wants what the heart wants. | 心之所向 人之常情 |
[08:18] | No one is here to judge you, Taylor. | 没人会看不起你 泰勒 |
[08:19] | – She is. – Strumpet! | -她就是 -娼妓 |
[08:21] | What is that?! Use modern words! | 你在说什么 用现代词 |
[08:23] | What my associate’s trying to say is | 我助手想说的是 |
[08:25] | you better figure out who you want to be with | 你最好想清楚自己想和谁在一起 |
[08:27] | before someone gets hurt. | 免得有人受伤 |
[08:28] | What I’m trying to say is, you a ho. | 我想说的是 你个婊子 |
[08:31] | Is that modern enough for you? | 这词对你够现代了吗 |
[08:42] | Seriously, what the hell is happening in there? | 说真的 里面到底什么情况 |
[08:44] | It’s an ambush in there! Trust no one! | 那里就是场伏击 别相信任何人 |
[08:50] | Mrs. Otto? | 奥图太太 |
[08:52] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[08:52] | I’m taking my pepperoni pizza Lunchables break. | 我中午要吃香肠披萨儿童套餐休息下 |
[08:54] | I’m not sponsored yet, but I’m hoping to be soon. | 我暂时没拉到赞助 但希望不久后会有 |
[09:03] | We’re ready to do a test run on our app. | 我们准备好测试应用了 |
[09:06] | Some avocado toast for the big wigs? | 两位来点牛油果土司吗 |
[09:12] | I think it’s well-documented | 我想我已经明显表示过 |
[09:13] | that I don’t like your personality, | 我不喜欢你的性格 |
[09:15] | I think your hair is a bit much, | 我觉得你的发型太浮夸 |
[09:18] | I can’t stand your face. | 我受不了你的脸 |
[09:20] | But this… | 但这个 |
[09:23] | This is the best damn avocado toast I have ever had! | 是我吃过最美味的牛油果土司 |
[09:27] | Also, your shoes irk me. | 还有 我讨厌你的鞋 |
[09:29] | Okay, I get my personality, but my face and my shoes? | 好吧 我知道我性格不讨喜 但我的脸和鞋 |
[09:32] | You’re out of your mind. | 你真是疯了 |
[09:34] | If this operates properly, Gyftee will sift through | 如果运作正常 “礼物”就会过滤 |
[09:36] | all my social-media data and pick the perfect gift for me. | 我所有的社交媒体数据 选出给我最完美的礼物 |
[09:43] | What’s it suggesting? | 上面说什么 |
[09:44] | It’s a welcome mat that says “Go away.” | 一张写着”走开”的迎宾地毯 |
[09:47] | It works! | 成功了 |
[09:47] | Yes! Let me try. | 太好了 让我试试 |
[09:50] | What’s it say? | 上面说什么 |
[09:51] | Perfect! | 完美 |
[09:52] | It’s a money clip engraved with the words | 是一个钱夹 上面刻着 |
[09:54] | “Eat, Sleep, Win, Gloat.” | “吃 睡 赢 炫耀” |
[09:57] | Now do me. | 现在试试我 |
[09:59] | You got the same money clip! | 你得到了一样的钱夹 |
[10:01] | Dude, this thing rules! | 兄弟 这东西太酷了 |
[10:06] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[10:07] | I don’t know. I thought maybe it might give me something else. | 说不好 我以为它会给我其他的东西 |
[10:11] | Like some cooking supplies. | 比如烹饪用品 |
[10:12] | No, the app is working perfectly. | 不 应用工作正常 |
[10:15] | We’ll need the money clip after we graduate from Harvard | 我们从哈佛毕业后 开始赚大钱 |
[10:17] | and start making mad skrilla. | 就需要钱夹了 |
[10:19] | Well, what if I don’t want to go to Harvard? | 那如果我不想上哈佛呢 |
[10:21] | But Harvard’s our dream. | 可哈佛是我们的梦想 |
[10:22] | It’s your dream. | 是你的梦想 |
[10:26] | Are you two breaking up? | 你们俩是在分手吗 |
[10:28] | Maybe Franklin’s right. | 或许富兰克林说得对 |
[10:29] | I always do what you want, go where you want. | 我总是做你想做的事 去你想去的地方 |
[10:32] | Not anymore! | 以后不会了 |
[10:35] | I recognize your expression from my emotion flashcards. | 我认得你这副表情 和我情感抽认卡上的一样 |
[10:39] | You are clearly hungry. | 你很明显是饿了 |
[10:41] | Have some more avocado toast. | 再吃点牛油果吐司吧 |
[10:47] | Franklin put it all in perspective. | 弗兰克让我正确认识到问题 |
[10:48] | Greg Otto is done taking crap from people! | 格雷格·奥图不会再当受气包 |
[10:51] | Except me. | 我例外 |
[10:52] | I still want you to take crap from me. | 我还是希望能拿你出气 |
[10:53] | I know. What if I come back at Ablin | 我知道 用这招回击阿布林怎么样 |
[10:55] | by making buttons that say “Ablin is Ab-Lyin’?” | 做一堆徽章 印上”阿布林是大骗子” |
[10:58] | I love everything about that idea except the button | 你这想法每个细节我都喜欢 只除了徽章 |
[11:00] | and what you’re going to write on it. | 和上面印的内容 |
[11:02] | I guess being cutthroat just isn’t in my nature. | 看来残酷无情还是有违我本性 |
[11:04] | Damn it, I’m letting Franklin down! | 该死 我要让富兰克林失望了 |
[11:06] | What is up with this family listening to Franklin? | 这个家的人怎么都听富兰克林的 |
[11:08] | He eats pistachios with the shells on them. | 他可是开心果连壳吃的智障啊 |
[11:11] | Honey, what did Franklin say to you? | 宝贝 富兰克林对你说什么了 |
[11:13] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[11:19] | He said I have feelings for Andre, my TA. | 他说我对我助教安德鲁动心了 |
[11:22] | Do you? | 你有吗 |
[11:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:24] | Andre’s just so different than Trip. | 安德鲁和特里普截然不同 |
[11:25] | He’s worldly and cultured, | 他见过世面 有教养 |
[11:27] | and Trip is none of those things, | 这些优点特里普都没有 |
[11:29] | but I love him. | 但我爱他 |
[11:30] | Franklin said I have to explore my feelings. | 富兰克林说我得探究自己的情感 |
[11:33] | He said I’m not being fair to either of them. | 他说我对他们两个都不公平 |
[11:34] | What is Franklin learning in those special ed classes? | 富兰克林在特殊教育课上都学了些什么啊 |
[11:38] | He does have a point, though. | 不过他说得有道理 |
[11:39] | You’re only 19. | 你才19岁 |
[11:41] | This is the time where you need to figure out who you are | 在这阶段你需要找到真正的自己 |
[11:43] | and who you want to be with. | 决定你想和谁在一起 |
[11:46] | I don’t know who I want to be with! | 我不知道我想跟谁在一起 |
[11:48] | What kind of man am I? | 我到底是什么样的人 |
[11:49] | I don’t know who I am! | 我不知道我是谁了 |
[11:54] | Mrs. Otto, you’re up. | 奥图太太 到你了 |
[11:58] | I don’t know exactly how you made my whole family | 我不知道你是怎么让我全家人 |
[12:00] | question their entire lives, | 都怀疑人生的 |
[12:02] | but just so you know, you’re not gonna rattle me. | 但老娘告诉你 你可吓唬不了我 |
[12:05] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[12:06] | Anna-Kat, can you please excuse us? | 安娜凯特 能请你回避一下吗 |
[12:08] | Of course. | 当然 |
[12:11] | Wh-Wh-Where’s she going? | 她要去哪儿 |
[12:12] | I like to start off with a compliment. | 我想先说句赞美的话 |
[12:14] | My hair looks great today. | 我今天的发型帅爆了 |
[12:17] | Just kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[12:18] | You’re a lady of many talents. | 你有许多才华 |
[12:19] | Party planning, lasagna entrepreneurship, | 策划派对 开创千层面事业 |
[12:22] | mommy vlogging. | 经营妈咪视频博客 |
[12:23] | But I have just one question — | 但我只有一个问题 |
[12:24] | why’d you quit all of them? | 你为什么全放弃了 |
[12:27] | Is that all you got? | 你只有这点能耐吗 |
[12:28] | First of all, I did not quit my vlog. | 首先 我没放弃我的视频博客 |
[12:31] | And the other things are none of your business, paste-eater. | 其次 其他事与你无关 爱吃糊糊的小子 |
[12:35] | Can I be frank with you? | 我能和你实话实说吗 |
[12:36] | Fire away. | 尽管开炮吧 |
[12:37] | I can’t help but wonder if you discouraging Anna-Kat | 我不禁觉得 你打击安娜凯特 |
[12:39] | from trying out for the cheer squad | 进拉拉队的积极性 |
[12:41] | isn’t about Anna-Kat at all, | 其实与安娜凯特无关 |
[12:43] | but more about your own shortcomings. | 而是和你自己的不足有关 |
[12:46] | Are you calling me a bad mom? | 你是说我是个不称职的妈妈吗 |
[12:47] | Because you’re about to be a guest on “Getting Killed by Katie.” | 因为你即将上”被凯蒂弄死”节目哦 |
[12:50] | No, no. I’m not saying it’s because you’re a bad mom. | 不 我不是说你是个不称职的妈妈 |
[12:53] | It’s because you had a bad mom. | 而是你有个不称职的妈妈 |
[12:55] | Anna-Kat, now! | 安娜凯特 现在 |
[13:00] | Mom? What are you doing here? | 老妈 你怎么会在这儿 |
[13:02] | Anna-Kat and Franklin called me to come for your birthday. | 安娜凯特和富兰克林叫我来给你庆祝生日 |
[13:05] | My birthday isn’t for five months. | 我生日还有五个月才到 |
[13:08] | I probably should have known that. | 哎呀我这个当妈的应该要知道的 |
[13:10] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:16] | Alright, l-let me get this straight. | 我先弄清楚 |
[13:18] | It’s my fault that Anna-Kat quit cheerleading? | 安娜凯特放弃进拉拉队是我的错吗 |
[13:20] | Yes. You gave Katie a defeatist attitude, | 是的 你教会了凯蒂失败主义者态度 |
[13:23] | which she’s now passing on to her daughter. | 如今她又传递给她的女儿 |
[13:25] | Where do you get this stuff? | 你怎么知道这些的 |
[13:26] | From you. | 从你本人身上 |
[13:27] | It’s all right here in your high-school diary. | 都写在你这本高中日记里了 |
[13:29] | You read my high-school diary? | 你看了我的高中日记 |
[13:31] | Yes. The head of the research department | 没错 调查部负责人 |
[13:32] | found it in the back of your bedroom closet. | 在你卧室衣柜深处找到的 |
[13:35] | I’m the head of the research department. | 我就是调查部负责人 |
[13:37] | Hey, are you one of those kids | 你是那种天才儿童吗 |
[13:38] | who can help me count cards in Vegas? | 能帮我在赌场数牌的 |
[13:41] | “My mother is soooo unsupportive.” | “我妈真的超级不支持我” |
[13:47] | You want to be a what girl? | 你想成为什么女孩来着 |
[13:48] | A Fly Girl. | 飞舞女孩 |
[13:49] | Is that like Spanish fly? | 类似西班牙飞蝇吗 |
[13:51] | No. | 不是 |
[13:52] | They’re dancers on the show “In Living Color.” | 是《跳动色彩》节目的舞者 |
[13:54] | They’re having open auditions. Check it. | 他们要办海选 你看 |
[14:10] | Don’t waste your energy, honey. | 别浪费精力了 宝贝 |
[14:12] | You’re not gonna make it. | 你不可能选上的 |
[14:17] | You gave me permission to give up, | 当初你允许我放弃 |
[14:19] | and now Anna-Kat is giving up because of me. | 如今安娜凯特也因为我要放弃 |
[14:22] | Don’t talk to me like that. | 别这么跟我说话 |
[14:24] | I am here for your birthday. | 老娘可是来给你庆生的 |
[14:27] | And don’t give me that whole “It’s not my birthday” thing. | 也别吐槽我不记得你的生日 |
[14:30] | That is disrespectful. | 这样对妈妈很不礼貌 |
[14:31] | I base my entire parenting style on not being like you, | 我育儿方式之本就是绝不要像你一样 |
[14:34] | and yet I can’t escape it. | 然而我还是逃不掉 |
[14:36] | Why did I end up with your dysfunction | 我为什么只遗传了你的家庭关系失衡 |
[14:37] | and not your metabolism? | 却遗产不了你的身材 |
[14:39] | Yes, yes, I discouraged you. | 我是打击过你 |
[14:42] | But it was nothing like what my stepmother did to me. | 但比起我妈对我做的 那根本不值一提 |
[14:46] | You know, I wanted to go to college, but she said, | 我想去读大学 可她说 |
[14:47] | “Well, that’s useless if you’re gonna start a family.” | 念书有屁用 反正你要成家当主妇的 |
[14:50] | So I became a stewardess instead. | 所以我就去当了空乘 |
[14:52] | And you don’t hear me whining about it. | 你也没听见我抱怨啊 |
[14:54] | Sure sounds like you’re whining about it. | 听起来你就是在抱怨 |
[14:56] | Here’s my new favorite saying — shut up, Franklin. | 我最爱说的新金句就是 闭麦 富兰克林 |
[14:59] | Wait. So my step-great- grandmother discouraged you? | 等等 这么说我的曾外婆打击过你 |
[15:03] | Yeah. Yeah, I-I guess she’s the one | 是的 我想就是她 |
[15:05] | who started me on my own path of giving up on things. | 让我走上自我放弃的道路 |
[15:11] | College, my marriage. | 大学 我的婚姻 |
[15:13] | I even gave up on giving up on drinking. | 连放弃喝酒我都放弃了 |
[15:16] | You know what you have to do? | 你知道你得做什么吗 |
[15:17] | Confront her. Break the family curse. | 对抗她 打破家族诅咒 |
[15:20] | I haven’t talked to that woman in 20 years. | 我有20年没跟那女人说过话了 |
[15:22] | You can do that? | 还能这样 |
[15:24] | Why haven’t I done that with you? | 我为什么不用这招对付你 |
[15:25] | We need to confront my stepmother. | 我们得对抗我的继母 |
[15:28] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[15:30] | Go get ’em, ladies! | 上啊 女士们 |
[15:32] | Oh, my next guest is here. | 下一位嘉宾到场了 |
[15:35] | So, Luthor, let me be frank with you. | 卢瑟 我和你实话实说吧 |
[15:38] | You only hurt yourself when you pee in your water bowl. | 你尿进你自己的饮水器 只是自作自受 |
[15:45] | This was so nice. | 这顿真美味 |
[15:46] | If I knew you were gonna pay for lunch, | 如果我早知道你会付午餐钱 |
[15:47] | I would’ve ordered something cheaper. | 我就点便宜点的食物了 |
[15:48] | I wanted to thank you for bringing me my sweater. | 我想谢谢你帮我送毛衣回来 |
[15:50] | Oh, please. I’d do it for any student. | 拜托 换做哪个学生我都会这么做的 |
[15:54] | Okay, I-I can’t do this anymore. | 好吧 我装不下去了 |
[15:56] | Honestly, the sweater was just an excuse to see you. | 说实话 送毛衣只是想找借口见你 |
[15:59] | I shouldn’t have said that. | 我该说出来的 |
[16:00] | I’m gonna give you $20 for the salmon. | 我会给你20块作为三文鱼餐费 |
[16:01] | And I shouldn’t say this, | 我不该这么说 |
[16:02] | but I asked you to lunch because I wanted to see you too. | 但我邀你一起吃午餐是因为我也想见你 |
[16:11] | Oh, my God, Trip! | 天呐 特里普 |
[16:13] | Taylor! | 泰勒 |
[16:14] | This is Andre, my TA. | 这位是安德鲁 我的助教 |
[16:17] | We’re here talking about school stuff. | 我们来聊学校的事 |
[16:19] | And this is my coworker, Stella. | 这位是我的同事 史黛拉 |
[16:20] | We’re here talking about work stuff. | 我们来聊工作的事 |
[16:24] | Oh, uh, Andre, this is my — Trip. | 安德鲁 这是我的…特里普 |
[16:27] | And, Stella, this is my — Taylor. | 史黛拉 这是我的…泰勒 |
[16:31] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[16:33] | Alright, well, we’re gonna go sit over here. | 好了 我们过去那边坐 |
[16:36] | And we’re already seated, so we’re gonna stay right here. | 我们已经有位子了 我们继续坐在这 |
[16:39] | Very cool. | 好极了 |
[16:40] | Enjoy talking about work. | 你们聊工作愉快 |
[16:41] | Enjoy talking about school. | 你们聊学校愉快 |
[16:50] | Do you think Stella’s pretty? | 你觉得史黛拉漂亮啊 |
[16:52] | I’m just gonna give you $30 for the salmon and head out. | 我还是给你30块三文鱼餐费 然后走人吧 |
[17:02] | I brought you something. | 我给你带了东西 |
[17:04] | Did Gyftee pick me out a wall fish | “礼物”是不是给我选了鱼壁饰当礼物 |
[17:05] | that says “Show me the money”? | 上面写着”让我赚大钱” |
[17:07] | Gyftee got it wrong, | “礼物”选错了 |
[17:09] | but I’m pretty sure your boy got it right. | 但你的好哥们肯定选对了 |
[17:16] | “King of la cocina.” | “厨房之王” |
[17:17] | I love it! | 我好喜欢 |
[17:19] | It’s perfect! | 这个礼物太完美了 |
[17:20] | I’ve been so focused on what I want, | 我太专注于自己想要什么 |
[17:22] | I just assumed you wanted the same thing. | 以为你也想要同样的东西 |
[17:24] | But if cooking’s what makes you happy, | 但如果烹饪让你快乐 |
[17:25] | then that’s what you should go to school for. | 那你就该去学烹饪 |
[17:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:28] | I actually have been looking at some culinary schools. | 其实我最近在看烹饪学校 |
[17:31] | Yeah. We don’t have to do everything together | 是啊 我们就算有些事不一起做 |
[17:33] | to stay best friends. | 也还是最好的朋友啊 |
[17:34] | I’ll go to Harvard. | 我去哈佛 |
[17:35] | And I’ll go to Cambridge Culinary School right next door. | 我去哈佛隔壁的坎布里奇烹饪学校 |
[17:38] | Let’s celebrate our new plan with some of Greg’s Oranginas. | 我们喝格雷格的汽水来庆祝新计划吧 |
[17:46] | Those beverages are for me | 那些饮料是我 |
[17:48] | and my new life coach/campaign manager. | 和我新人生导师兼竞选经理的 |
[17:50] | – Lonnie? – He’s gonna help me play dirty, | -朗尼 -他会教我耍阴招 |
[17:52] | fight back, and win this election. | 回击 并赢得选举 |
[17:54] | Your dad needed an expert in social media | 你爸需要社交媒体 |
[17:56] | and messing with people. | 和对付人方面的专家 |
[17:57] | I’m both. | 我是双料专家 |
[17:58] | And a licensed notary if you need that too. | 如果你有需要 我也是持牌公证人 |
[18:00] | Brrap brrap! | 砰砰砰 |
[18:05] | Kathryn? | 凯瑟琳 |
[18:06] | Hello, Margaret. | 你好 玛格丽特 |
[18:07] | I was surprised when you reached out | 你联系我说想叙叙旧 |
[18:10] | and wanted to catch up. | 我很意外 |
[18:12] | Last time I saw you was at your father’s funeral, | 我们最后一次见面是在你父亲的葬礼 |
[18:14] | and you told me… | 当时你对我说… |
[18:17] | “Too bad it’s not yours.” | “可惜不是你的葬礼” |
[18:20] | Mm. Uh, you know my daughter Katie. | 你认识我女儿凯蒂的 |
[18:22] | Ah, you were the one who liked to dance. | 你小时候很喜欢跳舞 |
[18:27] | Dance into my lamps. | 跳到我台灯上了 |
[18:28] | You still owe me $20. | 你还欠我20块 |
[18:31] | Now I get the whole “not talking to her for 20 years” thing. | 现在我明白你为什么20年不跟她说话了 |
[18:34] | Margaret, when I was young, | 玛格丽特 我小的时候 |
[18:36] | I told you I wanted to go to college, | 我跟你说我想去读大学 |
[18:38] | but you discouraged me. | 但你狠狠打击了我 |
[18:39] | And that bad advice had a major impact on my life. | 那个糟糕建议对我人生造成了巨大的坏影响 |
[18:44] | I don’t remember that conversation, | 我不记得那场对话 |
[18:46] | but I trust what you say is true. | 但我相信你说的是真的 |
[18:48] | And all I can say is… | 我只能说 |
[18:50] | get the over it. | 你他妈给老娘忘了吧 |
[18:53] | Mom, it’s not like I’ve never heard that word before. | 妈妈 我又不是没听过那个词 |
[18:56] | You’re always cursing. | 你总是骂脏话 |
[18:57] | Our house is like a prestige HBO drama. | 我们家就像小黄台HBO的大尺度剧 |
[19:00] | Get over it? | 忘了 |
[19:02] | How can you say that? | 你怎么能这么说 |
[19:04] | It happened years ago! | 都多少年前的事了 |
[19:05] | Was it a mistake? Maybe. | 那是个错误吗 也许吧 |
[19:07] | But people say a lot of things, and at some point, | 但别人说的话多了去了 人生到了某个时候 |
[19:10] | you have to take responsibility for yourself. | 你就得对自己负责 |
[19:15] | Huh. Yeah, yeah, I guess you’re right. | 好吧 我想你说得对 |
[19:18] | It’s not my fault that you don’t see things through. | 你没看清问题 不是我的错 |
[19:22] | So, yeah, I told you you shouldn’t become a Fly Girl. | 我是跟你说过 你不该当飞舞女孩 |
[19:25] | Get the over it! | 你他妈给老娘忘了吧 |
[19:27] | You’re not wrong. Hmm. | 你说得没错 |
[19:29] | Honey, sometimes parents | 宝贝 有时当爸妈的 |
[19:31] | discourage their children to protect them, | 打击孩子只是为了保护他们 |
[19:34] | but if you want to do something, | 但如果你想做什么 |
[19:35] | don’t let anyone get in your way. | 千万别让任何人阻止你 |
[19:38] | So go out for cheerleading. | 所以尽管加入拉拉队吧 |
[19:39] | I’m gonna be there to root you on. | 我会为你加油的 |
[19:41] | And I’m going back on my mommy vlog. | 我也会继续更新我的妈咪视频博客 |
[19:45] | Okay, Margaret, um, I think we can sign off now. | 好了 玛格丽特 我们可以下线了 |
[19:48] | Hang on. Let me give you my Venmo | 等一下 我给你我的收款账号 |
[19:51] | so Katie can pay me back for that lamp she broke. | 好让凯蒂赔我她打破的灯钱 |
[19:54] | Sure thing. What is it? | 没问题 账号是什么 |
[19:55] | Lowercase A with a circle around it. | 小写a外面加个圈 |
[19:59] | Capital M, capital A… | 大写M 大写A |
[20:08] | Oh, how’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[20:09] | I didn’t make the squad. | 我没选上拉拉队 |
[20:11] | But she is going to try again next year. | 但她明年会继续尝试 |
[20:13] | The important thing is she gave it a go. | 重要的是她努力过了 没有遗憾 |
[20:16] | Show me the routine. | 给我看看舞步 |
[20:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:21] | Sometimes it takes a little frankness | 有时需要实话实话 |
[20:24] | to set someone in the right direction. | 才能让人向正确方向迈进 |
[20:26] | It’s that kind of honesty that helps a family grow. | 正是那种坦诚能帮助一个家庭成长 |
[20:29] | To live better and love more. | 活得更精彩 心怀更多爱 |
[20:34] | The cheer squad was crazy not to pick you. | 拉拉队不选你真是瞎了眼 |
[20:36] | But at the end of the day, lying is easier. | 但归根结底 说谎更容易 |
[20:47] | This paella is… | 这海鲜饭 |
[20:48] | Que bueno? I know, bro. | 很好吃[西语] 我知道 哥们 |
[20:50] | Pass me more paella. Now! | 再给我盛点海鲜饭 赶紧的 |
[20:52] | We get it. You’re assertive. | 知道了 你很坚定自信 |
[20:54] | Do you think I should break up with Trip | 你觉得我该和特里普分手 |
[20:56] | and see where things go with Andre? | 跟安德鲁试试发展吗 |
[20:57] | Honey, you never quit a job | 宝贝 没确保找到下一份工作前 |
[20:58] | until you’re sure you’ve got another one. | 绝不能辞掉手头的工作 |
[21:01] | Unless you’re willing to hold down two jobs at once. | 除非你愿意同时保有两份工作 |
[21:03] | Grandma! | 外婆 |
[21:04] | Oh, I know. You’re not ready. | 我知道 你还没准备好 |
[21:06] | That was your best episode yet, Franklin. | 这是你做过最棒的一期播客 富兰克林 |
[21:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[21:09] | Here’s to 100 more. | 希望你再录一百期 |
[21:11] | And it doesn’t matter what time slot you’re in, Franklin. | 不管你在什么时段播放 富兰克林 |
[21:13] | Your fans will always follow. | 你的听众永远都会收听 |
[21:16] | Cheers! | 干杯 |
[21:17] | Hear, hear! | 说得好 |
[21:20] | To 100! | 敬一百期 |