时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Notice anything different? | 注意到什么不同了吗 |
[00:03] | Well, someone unplugged my cellphone | 有人拔了我的手机 |
[00:07] | so they could charge theirs. | 来给他们自己充电 |
[00:08] | And someone used my students’ test papers | 还有人用我学生们的考试卷 |
[00:11] | as their coffee coaster, | 做咖啡杯垫 |
[00:12] | so, no, everything seems about the same. | 所以没有 一切照常 |
[00:16] | The house is empty, Greg! | 房子空了 格雷格 |
[00:17] | The kids are gone. | 孩子们都不在 |
[00:19] | You spared the dog, though, right? | 你至少放过了狗吧 |
[00:20] | Oh, please. If I would’ve snapped, you’d be the first to go. | 拜托 如果我真的大开杀戒 你肯定是第一个 |
[00:22] | Anna-Kat’s on her Wildflower Girls retreat, | 安娜凯特去了野花女孩训练营 |
[00:24] | Oliver and Cooper are in their basement apartment, | 奥利弗和库珀在他们的地下室公寓里 |
[00:28] | and Taylor is at Trip’s while his parents are away. | 泰勒趁特里普父母不在 找他去了 |
[00:30] | I still can’t believe you let her do that. | 我还是不敢相信你让她去了 |
[00:31] | Taylor and I had a civilized conversation, | 我和泰勒进行了礼貌的交谈 |
[00:34] | and I decided that it was fine for her to stay at Trip’s. | 我认为让她去特里普那里住没什么关系 |
[00:37] | I’ll do what I want when I want! | 我想做什么就做什么 |
[00:39] | I’m an adult now, and I’m staying at Trip’s! | 我现在成年了 我要去特里普那儿住 |
[00:41] | I am still your mother! | 我还是你妈 |
[00:42] | I have an opinion, and you’re gonna hear it! | 我有意见 你就得听着 |
[00:44] | I don’t need your opinion! | 我不需要你的意见 |
[00:44] | Well, then don’t come crying to me | 那等你得了尿路感染 |
[00:46] | when you get a raging UTI! | 可别哭着来找我 |
[00:48] | Actually, do, because it could | 实际上 还是找我来吧 |
[00:49] | turn into a kidney infection! | 因为那有可能变成肾脏感染 |
[00:53] | It’s so quiet in here. | 这里太安静了 |
[00:54] | I can hear a raccoon in the attic. | 我甚至能听到阁楼里的浣熊 |
[00:56] | I love you and your Southern expressions. | 我爱你和你南部的夸张表达手法 |
[00:58] | It’s not an expression. | 这不是表达手法 |
[01:00] | Last night, I could literally hear the raccoon that’s been living in our attic. | 昨晚 我真的听到了一直住在我们阁楼里的浣熊 |
[01:03] | Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it. | 别担心 我来解决 |
[01:04] | That’s my man. | 真不愧是我的男人 |
[01:05] | By calling animal control. | 我会给动物管理局打电话 |
[01:07] | That’s my man. | 这才是我的男人 |
[01:10] | You know, this is a preview of how it’s going to be | 现在就是未来的预告片 |
[01:12] | when the kids are really out of the house. | 以后孩子们真的不在家了就是这样 |
[01:14] | We’re free! | 我们自由了 |
[01:16] | I can finally have a cold one | 我终于可以喝口凉的 |
[01:17] | and watch the game in peace. | 平静地看场比赛 |
[01:18] | You’re going to do sports and beer? | 你要喝啤酒看体育了吗 |
[01:20] | No. | 不 |
[01:21] | Gazpacho and “Jeopardy!” | 西班牙冻汤和《危险边缘》 |
[01:22] | How’d you get beer and sports out of that? | 你怎么想到的”喝啤酒看体育”呢 |
[01:27] | Beer and sports? | 喝啤酒看体育 |
[01:28] | I know. I’m an idiot. | 我知道 我真蠢 |
[01:37] | I am so glad that I have the house to myself for a while. | 我能独享整个房子 简直太开心了 |
[01:40] | Oh, I’m so jealous. | 我太嫉妒了 |
[01:41] | What I wouldn’t give to kick back with some wine | 我愿意放弃一切 只要能让我喝着红酒 |
[01:43] | and watch a “Real Housewives of New York” Marathon. | 不停地看《纽约主妇》 |
[01:46] | No way. I don’t watch that anymore | 不是吧 自从多琳达变得总是欺负人 |
[01:47] | since Dorinda turned into such a bully. | 我就不再看了 |
[01:50] | Oh, I know. I hate her. | 我懂 我太讨厌她了 |
[01:51] | How can you hate Dorinda? | 你怎么能讨厌多琳达呢 |
[01:52] | She had such a tough year. | 她这一年多不容易啊 |
[01:54] | She broke up with John, her manor house flooded, | 她和约翰分手了 她的庄园被水淹了 |
[01:56] | and then she broke a rib! | 她的肋骨还断了 |
[01:59] | I’m just kidding. I hate her, too. | 我开玩笑的 我也讨厌她 |
[02:01] | Sorry for eavesdropping. | 抱歉我偷听你们讲话 |
[02:02] | I know it’s rude, | 我知道很没礼貌 |
[02:03] | but you’re the only two worth listening to. | 但你们俩的对话是唯一值得听一听的 |
[02:05] | That one’s talking about green juice, | 那个人在谈论青汁 |
[02:07] | this one over here just bought one of those spin bikes, | 这边这个刚买了辆那种动感单车 |
[02:09] | and that one is suing her plastic surgeon. | 而那个在起诉她的整形医生 |
[02:12] | I didn’t actually overhear her. | 其实我没听见她说了什么 |
[02:13] | I’m just — I’m just guessing. | 我只是猜测 |
[02:15] | I’ve never seen you in here before. | 我之前从没在这里见过你 |
[02:17] | Oh, I just moved here after my husband and I got divorced. | 我和老公离婚之后刚搬过来 |
[02:19] | Nobody’s fault, we just had different interests. | 我们都没错 只不过兴趣不同 |
[02:21] | I liked dogs, | 我喜欢狗狗 |
[02:22] | and he liked to tell his parents | 他喜欢跟他父母说 |
[02:24] | I was his roommate of five years. | 我跟他做了五年室友 |
[02:27] | I’m J.D. | 我叫J.D. |
[02:28] | I’m Katie. This is my friend Tami. | 我是凯蒂 这是我朋友塔米 |
[02:30] | Why don’t you join us? | 你过来加入我们吧 |
[02:31] | I guarantee we will not be talking about green juices | 我保证我们不会谈论青汁 |
[02:33] | or overpriced spin bikes. | 或贵贵的动感单车 |
[02:35] | Okay, sure. | 好极了 |
[02:36] | I just bought one of those bikes. | 我刚买了辆那种单车 |
[02:38] | Of course you did. | 你当然买了 |
[02:40] | Why in the world would you move to Westport? | 你怎么会搬来西港呢 |
[02:43] | I’m a manager at the Four Seasons that just opened up near here, | 我是附近新开业的四季酒店的经理 |
[02:46] | so if you’re looking for pool cabanas, | 所以如果你想要泳池更衣室 |
[02:49] | complimentary cocktails, | 免费赠送的鸡尾酒 |
[02:50] | and all the mini sewing kits you want, I’m your guy. | 以及各种迷你针线包 找我就对了 |
[02:53] | I don’t believe in love at first sight | 我不相信一见钟情 |
[02:55] | because my husband just kind of kept asking me out | 因为我老公一直想约我 |
[02:57] | and wore me down, but I love you. | 让我心烦 但我爱你 |
[02:59] | Seriously, if you want to fly us to one of those Four Seasons | 说真的 如果你愿意让我们飞去某一家四季酒店 |
[03:01] | and never come back, I’m ready. | 并且永远不回来 我准备好了 |
[03:03] | I’ve got everything I need in my purse. | 我包里有我需要的一切东西 |
[03:06] | Can’t believe we get to spend the week together. | 不敢相信我们能在一起过一周 |
[03:08] | Nine whole days. | 整整九天啊 |
[03:11] | It’s so quiet at your house. | 你家里真安静 |
[03:13] | My sweater’s been on the floor all day | 我的毛衣在地上躺了一天了 |
[03:15] | and my mom isn’t screaming, | 而我妈没有在大喊 |
[03:16] | “Pick that up! What do I look like, your maid? | “捡起来 你以为我是你的女仆吗 |
[03:18] | Do I have to do everything around here? | 这儿什么都等着我做呢吗 |
[03:20] | Greg!” | 格雷格” |
[03:22] | Lunch. | 午饭 |
[03:26] | Your Hot Pocket, my lady. | 你的”热口袋” 女士 |
[03:28] | Thank you, my dude. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[03:32] | Wonder why they call it a pocket. | 为什么叫它”口袋”呢 |
[03:33] | A pocket has a hole on one end, | 口袋应该在一边有洞 |
[03:35] | and these are all closed. | 但它们两边都封住了 |
[03:36] | It’s more like a sealed envelope. | 更像是密封的信封 |
[03:37] | Yeah, that makes a lot more sense. | 是啊 这更说得通 |
[03:40] | And “Hot Envelope” rolls off the tongue much better anyway. | 而且”热信封”说起来也更顺口 |
[03:42] | So why call it a pocket? | 所以为什么叫它口袋呢 |
[03:44] | Makes you think, right? | 让你思考 |
[03:45] | It really does. | 确实是 |
[03:47] | See, that’s why we work so well, babe. | 看 所以我们才这么合拍 宝贝 |
[03:49] | We challenge each other. | 我们互相挑战 |
[03:54] | Did the Eucalyptus Foot Scrub of the Week come? | 本周的尤加利足部磨砂来了吗 |
[03:56] | Oh, since I’m trying to learn how to be “Otto poor,” | 自从我试图学着成为”贫穷奥图” |
[03:58] | I canceled all of my “Of the Week” Delivery clubs. | 我就取消了所有”本周”系列的派送俱乐部 |
[04:01] | My Gucci Loafers of the Week, | 我的本周古驰乐福鞋 |
[04:03] | my Seafood Tower of the Week, | 我的本周海鲜塔 |
[04:04] | and the Foot Scrub of the Week. | 以及本周足部磨砂 |
[04:05] | Damn, I’m gonna miss our soft, uncalloused feet. | 该死的 我会想念我们柔软无茧的双脚的 |
[04:08] | The only good news is, | 唯一的好消息是 |
[04:09] | my special French hair pomade is on its way. | 我特别的法国发膜在来的路上了 |
[04:11] | It made it under the wire | 它在我取消信用卡前 |
[04:12] | before I canceled my credit cards. | 抓住了最后的机会 |
[04:14] | At least I’ll have one thing that’ll make me feel normal. | 至少我还会有一件让我觉得是正常人的东西 |
[04:18] | I know what will cheer you up. | 我知道什么能让你振作起来 |
[04:22] | All right. Here we go. | 好了 我们来吧 |
[04:24] | Let’s eat the last of your Caviar of the Week shipment. | 我们来吃掉你最后一罐本周派送系列的鱼子酱 |
[04:28] | This is Royal Ossetra. | 这是皇家白鲟 |
[04:31] | A proper caviar spoon is mother of pearl. | 恰当的鱼子酱勺应该是由珠母贝做的 |
[04:34] | My dad would’ve sent me back | 犯了这样的错误 |
[04:35] | to finishing school for a mistake like this. | 我爸该把我送回精修学校了 |
[04:38] | Man. | 老天 |
[04:39] | My dad hasn’t taught me anything | 我爸没教过我任何 |
[04:40] | about the finer things in life. | 人生中更好的东西 |
[04:41] | To think I was gonna leave this house | 想到我将离开这里 |
[04:43] | without so much as a cursory spoon education. | 而我除了粗鄙的勺子教育外什么也不知道 |
[04:46] | Ridiculous. | 太可笑了 |
[04:49] | Grace! | 格蕾丝 |
[04:49] | We do not jump on the couch. | 我们不能在沙发上跳 |
[04:51] | Sure feels like I do. | 感觉我跳着挺好 |
[04:53] | Grace! | 格蕾丝 |
[04:57] | Look at J.D.’s Instagram. | 看J.D.的INS |
[04:59] | His home is straight out of those fancy magazines I read at the checkout line, | 他家和我在结账前看的那些精致的杂志上一样 |
[05:03] | then leave in the candy rack when it’s time to pay. | 走到糖果区该付钱时 我就会把杂志放下 |
[05:05] | You know, it would be good to have a young person in our lives. | 我们的生活里多个年轻人会很不错 |
[05:08] | Shoot, I thought TikTok | 该死 我还以为抖音 |
[05:09] | was just a breath mint taking over the nation. | 只是接管整个国家的薄荷糖 |
[05:10] | And it’ll be good to have a friend that keeps us | 而且有个朋友让我们不用一直谈论孩子 |
[05:12] | from constantly talking about kids and being a mom. | 以及作为母亲的事 挺不错的 |
[05:15] | I need some masculine energy in my life. | 我的生活需要一点阳刚之气 |
[05:18] | Something to spice it up, | 一点调味料 |
[05:19] | someone adventurous, a risk taker. | 一位爱冒险的人 |
[05:23] | Grace, the pages stay in the books. | 格蕾丝 书页要留在书上 |
[05:26] | Maybe we should ask him | 也许我们该邀请他 |
[05:27] | to have Second Breakfast with us tomorrow. | 明天和我们共进第二顿早餐 |
[05:29] | Well, he gave us his card. | 他把名片给我们了 |
[05:31] | Should we call him? | 我们该打给他吗 |
[05:33] | Do you think he’ll say yes? | 你觉得他会答应吗 |
[05:34] | Of course. We’re awesome. | 当然 我们这么棒 |
[05:38] | Let’s be cool. | 我们淡定点 |
[05:39] | I’m always cool. | 我一直很淡定 |
[05:41] | Hello? | 喂 |
[05:41] | Hi, J.D.! | 你好 J.D. |
[05:43] | It’s Katie. | 我是凯蒂 |
[05:43] | And your girl, T-bone. | 以及你的女孩 丁骨 |
[05:45] | – What are you doing? – When I’m nervous, I push. | -你在干什么 -我紧张时就会施加压力 |
[05:47] | We were just wondering | 我们只是在想 |
[05:49] | if you would like to join us for Second Breakfast tomorrow. | 你明天是否愿意和我们一起吃第二顿早餐 |
[05:53] | You know, no big thang. | 你懂的 无所谓 |
[05:55] | I’d love to. See you guys tomorrow at 9:00. Bye! | 我很愿意 明天9点见 拜拜 |
[05:58] | He said yes! | 他答应了 |
[06:01] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[06:02] | What are you two gonna wear tomorrow? | 你们俩明天要穿什么啊 |
[06:04] | Oh, I don’t know. I mean, probably my… | 我不知道 也许我… |
[06:07] | She’s making fun of us, isn’t she? | 她在取笑我们俩 是吗 |
[06:09] | That child hasn’t said anything with sincerity | 那孩子生下来 |
[06:11] | since she was in Pull-Ups. | 就没说过什么真诚的话了 |
[06:16] | I know we just met, but I feel like we’re family. | 我知道我们刚认识 但感觉就像家人一样 |
[06:18] | Definitely, but like the family members you want to hang out with. | 是的 但像那种你想和她们一起玩的家人 |
[06:21] | Not the siblings you see on holidays | 而不是节日相见的兄弟姐妹 |
[06:23] | that remind you you’re the one | 他们让你意识到 |
[06:24] | that’s gonna be taking care of Mom. | 以后会是你来照顾妈妈 |
[06:27] | So, what is it like working at a fancy resort? | 在这种高档度假村工作是什么样的 |
[06:30] | Can you just travel anywhere you want | 你能免费在全世界 |
[06:31] | – in the world for free? – Sure can. | -想去哪儿去哪儿吗 -当然 |
[06:33] | Oh, how would you guys like to tag along with me to Costa Rica? | 你们俩想和我一起去哥斯达黎加吗 |
[06:37] | – When? – Any time you want. | -什么时候 -你想什么时候去都行 |
[06:38] | How’s 3:00 today? Too soon? 5:00? | 今天3点怎么样 太快了吗 那5点呢 |
[06:41] | I need a minute. | 我需要缓缓 |
[06:42] | I’m having a feeling I’m not familiar with. | 现在这种感觉我不太熟悉 |
[06:43] | I think it’s joy. | 我猜这是快乐 |
[06:44] | Hey, guys, I wanted to tell you something kind of personal, | 我想跟你们说一件有点私人的事情 |
[06:47] | and since you’ve already eaten | 既然我盘子里的三个比利时华夫饼 |
[06:49] | two of the three Belgian waffles off my plate, | 已经被你们吃了两个了 |
[06:51] | here it goes. | 我要告诉你们了 |
[06:53] | I’ve been thinking of having a baby. | 我在考虑要一个孩子 |
[06:56] | A baby? | 孩子 |
[06:59] | That is a big decision. | 那可是个重大的决定啊 |
[07:03] | How are you going to be able to go to Costa Rica any time you want? | 那你还怎么随时去哥斯达黎加啊 |
[07:05] | Oh, I’m not worried. | 我不担心这个 |
[07:07] | I’ll figure something out. | 我会想到办法的 |
[07:08] | You’re the first people I’ve told. | 你们是第一批知道的人 |
[07:10] | We have to celebrate. Where’s the waiter? | 我们得庆祝一下 服务员呢 |
[07:12] | Let’s get some Aperol Spritzes, huh? | 我们喝点阿佩罗鸡尾酒吧 |
[07:14] | You know what, they’ll never make ’em right. | 他们根本调不好 |
[07:15] | I’ll just go and make ’em myself. | 我还是自己去调吧 |
[07:19] | This is like watching teenagers in a shark movie | 这就像在看鲨鱼电影里的少年们 |
[07:21] | heading into the ocean on an inflatable raft. | 乘着一个充气筏冲向大海 |
[07:23] | And doing it on his own? | 他要自己养孩子吗 |
[07:25] | – He clearly hasn’t thought this through. – Yeah. | -很明显他根本没考虑清楚 -是的 |
[07:26] | We owe it to him to help | 我们欠他一个人情 |
[07:28] | since he’s taking us to Costa Rica. | 因为他要带我们去哥斯达黎加 |
[07:30] | Well, yes, it’s a little about Costa Rica, | 去哥斯达黎加只占一小部分原因 |
[07:31] | but we’re helping mainly because we are good people. | 我们帮他主要因为我们是好人 |
[07:34] | Yeah, good people who deserve to go to Costa Rica. | 是的 好人值得去哥斯达黎加 |
[07:36] | He needs to know how hard it is to be a parent. | 得让他明白为人父母有多难 |
[07:40] | Give him Grace for an afternoon. | 让他照看格蕾丝一下午 |
[07:42] | She’s gonna scare anybody out of having kids. | 她能把任何想要孩子的人吓跑 |
[07:44] | Hell, I’ll give him Grace forever. | 我可以让他永远照看格蕾丝 |
[07:45] | Solve two people’s problems. | 这样两个人的问题就都解决了 |
[07:48] | Study hard. | 努力学习 |
[07:49] | This will be on the exam next week. | 这个下周会考 |
[07:53] | Uh, Andre? | 安德鲁 |
[07:55] | I have a question. But, I mean, I can just — | 我有个问题 但是我可以… |
[07:57] | – just come back another time. – Oh, no, no, no. | -在别的时间问 -不不不 |
[07:58] | I always have time for you. | 是你的话 我什么时候都有空 |
[08:00] | Um, I’m having a hard time | 我有点不能理解 |
[08:01] | understanding the concept of Plato’s Cave. | 柏拉图洞穴寓言的概念 |
[08:04] | Well, you see, it’s not a real cave. | 它指的不是真正意义上的洞穴 |
[08:06] | It’s a metaphor to explore | 它是一种比喻 |
[08:07] | if we know what we’re actually experiencing is real. | 探讨我们是否认为现在体验到的事就是真实的 |
[08:10] | Let me ask you something. | 我来问你一个问题 |
[08:11] | Um, how do you know that you’re not dreaming right now? | 你怎么知道你现在不是在做梦 |
[08:14] | Because if I were dreaming, | 因为如果我在做梦 |
[08:15] | I’d be in a Starbucks. | 我就会在星巴克了 |
[08:16] | – You ever been? – Uh, yeah. | -你去过吗 -去过 |
[08:18] | I’ve, uh, been there a latte. | 我去喝过几次拿铁[“latte”和”little”音近] |
[08:21] | That was so dumb. | 这个谐音梗太蠢了 |
[08:23] | Not as dumb as me | 没有我蠢 |
[08:23] | asking if you’ve been to the world’s largest coffee chain. | 竟然问你去没去过全世界最大的咖啡连锁店 |
[08:26] | You know, I hate to admit it, | 我虽然不愿承认 |
[08:27] | but ever since I lived in Europe, | 但自从我在欧洲生活过 |
[08:28] | I’ve been a bit of a coffee snob. | 我就对咖啡有点挑剔 |
[08:31] | You lived in Europe? That’s so cool. | 你在欧洲生活过吗 太酷了 |
[08:33] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:34] | Um, I’ve lived in a bunch of places — | 我在很多地方都生活过 |
[08:36] | Cambodia, Paris, | 柬埔寨 巴黎 |
[08:37] | and a brief stint at Tomorrowland at Disney World. | 还在迪士尼的明日世界待过一段时间 |
[08:40] | Sully from “Monsters, Inc.” | 扮过《怪兽电力公司》的萨利 |
[08:41] | Were you good at scaring? | 你很擅长吓人吗 |
[08:45] | – That was so good. – What can I say? | -做得很好啊 -没办法 |
[08:48] | I haven’t done that much traveling | 我没怎么旅游过 |
[08:49] | except on laptop screensavers. | 除了看我笔记本电脑上的屏保图 |
[08:51] | Well, you know, there’s a whole big world out there, | 你知道 这个世界很大 |
[08:53] | and I guess I just want to experience it. | 我只是想去多体验一下 |
[08:54] | – Don’t you? – Yeah. | -你不想吗 -想 |
[08:56] | I guess I just never thought about it. | 我只是从来都没这么想过 |
[08:58] | I’m surprised. | 我有点惊讶 |
[08:59] | I mean, you’re so curious and outgoing. | 你那么有好奇心又那么开朗 |
[09:02] | – I am? – I think so. | -我有吗 -我觉得有 |
[09:03] | I mean, you strike me as someone | 在我的印象中 |
[09:05] | who’s gonna get out there and explore the world. | 你是那种会出去探索世界的人 |
[09:07] | Who knows? Maybe I will. | 谁知道呢 也许我会的 |
[09:09] | I’ve always wanted to try Coffee Bean. | 我一直想去试试香啡缤咖啡店 |
[09:11] | Well, do it now before it gets ruined by tourists. | 趁还没被游客毁掉之前赶快去 |
[09:18] | So, the raccoon crawls in there, | 浣熊爬到里面 |
[09:20] | and then it snaps shut, | 然后笼子就会马上关上 |
[09:21] | and your mom will know what kind of man she married. | 你妈就知道她嫁的是什么样的男人了 |
[09:24] | Thanks for the trapping tips. | 谢谢你的抓捕技巧 |
[09:26] | This will come in handy | 这个技巧 |
[09:27] | when I’m trying to find a Merlot to pair with a steak. | 在我想找梅洛红酒配牛排时能用上 |
[09:29] | It’s these father-son chats | 这些父子之间的谈话 |
[09:30] | that makes our connection so strong. | 让我们的关系更牢固了 |
[09:35] | Hey, good news. | 好消息 |
[09:36] | My pomade made it from Provence to Westport. | 我的发膜从普罗旺斯运到韦斯特波特了 |
[09:39] | The only problem is, | 唯一的问题是 |
[09:40] | they delivered it to my old address, | 他们会送到我的旧地址 |
[09:41] | but since I don’t have my chauffeur anymore | 但我已经没有司机了 |
[09:43] | on account of me trying to be like peasant folk, | 因为我想做个穷人 |
[09:45] | I need you to go get it for me. | 需要你帮我取回来 |
[09:47] | I’m not your servant, dude. | 我不是你的仆人 |
[09:48] | Just take my bike and get it yourself. | 骑我的自行车自己取 |
[09:49] | I am not riding that old bike. | 我不要骑那辆旧自行车 |
[09:52] | Look, part of being in this family | 听着 作为这个家里的一员 |
[09:54] | is having to ride an old bike. | 就得骑旧自行车 |
[09:55] | Everything we have is old. | 我们家所有的东西都是旧的 |
[09:58] | Our clothes, | 我们的衣服 |
[09:59] | we take expired medicine, | 我们吃过期的药 |
[10:01] | and my dad calls inspecting sidewalk furniture | 我爸爸把检查路边的家具称为 |
[10:03] | “Panning for gold.” | “淘金” |
[10:05] | You know what, uh, forget it. | 还是算了吧 |
[10:07] | I’ll figure something else out. | 我再想别的办法 |
[10:09] | Suit yourself. | 随便你 |
[10:10] | Oh, here’s another one. | 还有一件事 |
[10:11] | My mom puts stale potato chips in the oven | 我妈会把烤箱回炉过的不新鲜的薯条 |
[10:14] | to freshen them up. | 当成是新做的 |
[10:21] | Let me guess — | 我猜猜 |
[10:22] | you’re the ghost of all sports you’ve never played. | 你扮的是所有你没玩过的运动化成的鬼 |
[10:24] | No, I’m gonna get that raccoon out of the attic myself. | 不是 我要亲手把阁楼上的浣熊抓到 |
[10:27] | What is with you? Just call animal control. | 你这是怎么了 给动物管理局打电话就好了 |
[10:30] | I don’t need to call them. | 我不需要给他们打电话 |
[10:31] | I got this. | 我能行 |
[10:32] | I’m a man. I drink whiskey. | 我是个男人 我喝威士忌 |
[10:34] | You drink half a teaspoon when you have a cold. | 你在感冒的时候喝半茶匙 |
[10:36] | Still counts! | 那也算 |
[10:41] | Ooh, thanks for helping me sample | 谢谢你们帮我试吃 |
[10:43] | the hotel’s new luxury picnic basket. | 酒店新推出的奢华野餐篮 |
[10:45] | I don’t recognize any of these foods, | 这些食物我一个也不认识 |
[10:46] | so I know it’s gonna be good. | 所以我知道肯定很不错 |
[10:48] | What else do we have? | 这里有什么 |
[10:49] | Oh, chocolate-covered blueberries. | 蓝莓夹心巧克力 |
[10:52] | Paté. | 肉酱 |
[10:54] | A mozzarella ball? | 马苏里拉芝士球 |
[10:56] | Oh, that cheese is so good, | 那款芝士太好吃了 |
[10:57] | I’m gonna save it for myself. | 我要自己留着 |
[10:59] | I’m kidding, | 我开玩笑的 |
[10:59] | but I’ll just put it over here. | 但我要把它先放在这 |
[11:02] | He’s trying to eat my jelly doughnut! | 它要吃我的果酱甜甜圈 |
[11:05] | Oh, who do we have here? | 她是谁啊 |
[11:06] | That’s my daughter Grace. | 那是我的女儿格蕾丝 |
[11:07] | Hi, Grace. | 你好 格蕾丝 |
[11:09] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[11:10] | I couldn’t find a sitter. | 我找不到人帮我看小孩 |
[11:11] | But don’t worry, she’ll just sit here quietly. | 但不用担心 她会安静坐在这的 |
[11:13] | Cool. | 好的 |
[11:14] | Or she’ll just do that. | 或者像现在这样喊 |
[11:16] | Oh, no, I think that’s great. | 不 我认为这样很好 |
[11:18] | This is my future, | 这就是我的未来 |
[11:19] | so I’d better get used to it. | 所以我最好先习惯一下 |
[11:22] | Hey. | 你好 |
[11:23] | Hi, cutie. | 小可爱 |
[11:24] | You look like you could use a napkin. | 看起来你需要一张纸巾 |
[11:30] | Guess that works, too. | 这样也行 |
[11:32] | Grace! | 格蕾丝 |
[11:33] | Ugh, kids. | 熊孩子啊 |
[11:34] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[11:35] | They ruin all your clothes. | 他们会毁掉你所有的衣服 |
[11:37] | I had to wear sweatpants to a wedding last month. | 我上个月去参加婚礼只能穿运动裤 |
[11:40] | Luthor, fetch! | 卢瑟 接住 |
[11:42] | Ah, look at your adorable daughter | 看看你可爱的女儿 |
[11:44] | giving the dog a super, super expensive snack. | 给狗喂了一个超级超级贵的零食 |
[11:48] | Ugh, that is the problem with kids. | 养孩子就是会有这种问题 |
[11:51] | You can’t have nice things. | 你根本不能有好东西 |
[11:53] | The only cheese that I have | 我家里的芝士 |
[11:54] | has “Whiz” Or “Its” At the end. | 不是芝士酱就是芝士饼干 |
[11:56] | Maybe we should do this another time at my place. | 或许我们应该另找个时间在我家试吃 |
[11:58] | We could sit in the backyard by the koi pond. | 我们可以坐在后院的锦鲤池旁 |
[12:01] | Oh, you’re gonna have to drain that. | 你得把池子里的水抽干 |
[12:02] | What, why? | 什么 为什么 |
[12:03] | Childproofing. | 儿童安全措施 |
[12:04] | Same reason why you fence your pool, | 你还要给泳池装围栏 |
[12:06] | cover your fire pit, gate your stairs, | 盖上火炉 给楼梯装安全门栏 |
[12:07] | and pee in the bathtub | 在浴缸里小便 |
[12:08] | because you can’t figure out how to unlock the toilet seat. | 因为你不知道怎么给马桶盖解锁 |
[12:11] | But kids are great. | 但小孩很棒 |
[12:12] | I mean, besides having to change your entire backyard | 除了不得不改变你的整个后院 |
[12:15] | and also your whole life… | 和全部生活… |
[12:17] | they’re totally worth it. | 他们完全值得你这么做 |
[12:18] | Okay, ladies, I — | 好了 女士们 |
[12:19] | I think I’m realizing something. | 我好像明白了 |
[12:22] | You two are trying to scare me out of having kids | 你们两个教格蕾丝吓我 |
[12:25] | by coaching Grace to terrorize me. | 这样我就不敢要小孩了 |
[12:26] | Oh, I didn’t coach her. | 我可没教她 |
[12:28] | She’s a misbehaving prodigy, | 她是个调皮捣蛋的天才 |
[12:29] | like the Mozart of raising my blood pressure. | 在让我血压升高方面 她是莫扎特级别的 |
[12:32] | We felt like we wouldn’t be good friends to you | 我们觉得如果不让你看看 |
[12:34] | if we didn’t show you what a life-changing decision it is | 要孩子会给你的人生带来多大的转变 |
[12:37] | to have a child. | 我们就不算是你的好朋友 |
[12:38] | Well, I know it’s gonna change, and I’m fine with that. | 我知道会有改变 但是我能接受 |
[12:41] | I-I opened up to you, hoping you’d be supportive, | 我对你们敞开心扉 希望得到你们的支持 |
[12:44] | but I was wrong. | 但我错了 |
[12:46] | You guys are worse than Dorinda. | 你们还不如多琳达 |
[12:49] | You take that back. | 你收回这句话 |
[12:51] | I’m gonna go wait out front for my Uber. | 我要去门口等优步司机 |
[12:54] | See ya around. | 再见 |
[12:58] | I feel horrible. | 我感觉很糟糕 |
[12:59] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[13:00] | – We don’t deserve these chocolate covered blueberries. – No. | -我们没资格拥有这些蓝莓夹心巧克力 -是的 |
[13:03] | But we should eat them sadly | 但我们应该悲痛地吃掉它们 |
[13:04] | to remind us of our shame. | 这样才能让我们感到羞愧 |
[13:07] | And maybe a little bit of that shame paté. | 也许再吃点羞愧肉酱 |
[13:15] | We’re glad you’re still here. | 我们很高兴你还在这 |
[13:16] | We brought you what’s left of the mozzarella ball. | 我们给你带了剩下的马苏里拉芝士球 |
[13:18] | We rinsed it off with a hose. | 我们用水管清洗干净了 |
[13:20] | It still has to be worth like $85. | 应该还能值85块 |
[13:26] | We’re sorry that we weren’t being supportive. | 对不起我们没支持你 |
[13:29] | But honestly, we’re still worried | 但说实话 我们还是担心 |
[13:31] | that you don’t know what you’re getting into. | 你不知道你接下来要面对的是什么 |
[13:32] | We just want to make sure you’re thinking this through. | 我们只是想确定你考虑好了 |
[13:35] | Of course I am. | 我当然考虑好了 |
[13:36] | You never see a gay couple getting drunk one night | 你绝不会看到一对同志伴侣某晚喝醉后 |
[13:38] | and filling out 50 pounds of legal work | 填好50磅重的法律文件 |
[13:40] | and, oopsie, ending up with a child. | 然后不小心有了个孩子 |
[13:43] | You have to really want it, | 肯定是真心想要才会这么做 |
[13:44] | and I do. | 我是真心想要的 |
[13:45] | You think you want it, but — | 你以为自己想要孩子 但是… |
[13:48] | Oh, and I’ve watched your mommy vlog. | 对了 我看过你的妈咪视频博客 |
[13:51] | For all your complaining about kids, | 虽然你经常抱怨孩子们很烦 |
[13:52] | you sure seem to enjoy them. | 但你看起来还是很享受有孩子的 |
[13:54] | Just because I complain about them | 我抱怨他们烦 |
[13:55] | doesn’t mean I don’t love them or miss them. | 不代表我就不爱他们 或不想他们 |
[13:59] | Oh, man. | 老天 |
[14:01] | I love and miss them. | 我爱他们 也想念他们 |
[14:07] | Who taught you how to shoot like that? | 谁教你这样投篮的 |
[14:10] | My dad. | 我爸 |
[14:11] | He was incredible. | 他很了不起 |
[14:13] | You know he never missed any of my basketball games? | 我的篮球比赛他一场不落全去看了 |
[14:15] | Even the away ones. | 包括客场比赛 |
[14:16] | He would skip work and follow the team bus | 他会放下工作 跟着球队大巴 |
[14:19] | to wherever I was going. | 去我比赛的地方 |
[14:21] | I always hoped I’d be a dad like him. | 我一直希望我会成为他这样的父亲 |
[14:24] | That was one of the hardest things about coming out. | 本来出柜最艰难的就是这一点 |
[14:27] | I thought I wouldn’t be able to have my own family. | 我本以为我不会有自己的家庭了 |
[14:31] | But things changed, | 但情况不同了 |
[14:32] | and now I get to have that chance. | 现在我有这个机会 |
[14:38] | We’re the worst. | 我们真是大烂人 |
[14:41] | We’re gonna do everything we can | 我们会尽全力 |
[14:42] | to help you get a baby. | 帮你得到一个孩子 |
[14:44] | That is, if you forgive us. | 前提是 你原谅我们 |
[14:47] | Of course, girls. | 当然了 姐妹们 |
[14:49] | Let’s hug it out. | 一抱泯恩仇吧 |
[14:51] | Yay! | 太棒了 |
[14:52] | I’ve always wanted to have a fabulous gay friend | 我一直想有个帅帅的同志好友 |
[14:55] | since the movie “My Best Friend’s Wedding.” | 就从我看了电影《我最好朋友的婚礼》开始 |
[14:56] | Oh, every time a straight woman I know watches that movie, | 每次我认识的直女看了那部电影后 |
[14:58] | they’re on me like avocado on toast. | 就会像吐司上的牛油果一样巴着我不放 |
[15:03] | Not in my friend’s house! | 在我朋友家可不行 |
[15:08] | All right, you’ve been reading for over an hour. | 你读书读了一个多小时了 |
[15:10] | I’m worried about you. | 我很担心你 |
[15:12] | I’m just studying for philosophy class. | 我在看哲学课的书 |
[15:14] | Plato says we’re all stuck inside this cave | 柏拉图说我们都被困在一个山洞里 |
[15:17] | looking at shadows on the wall, | 看着墙上的影子 |
[15:18] | and we think that’s the whole world, | 以为那就是全世界 |
[15:19] | but it’s not. | 但其实不然 |
[15:20] | It’s just interesting to think about. | 想想还挺有意思的 |
[15:22] | Yeah, I was up all night thinking about something, too. | 我昨晚也一宿没睡 思考某个问题 |
[15:25] | – And I’ve solved it. – Solved what? | -并且我想通了 -想通了什么 |
[15:26] | Just the biggest question of all. | 人生最重要的问题 |
[15:28] | Why do they call a Hot Pocket a pocket? | 为什么要把热口袋牌冰冻三明治称为”口袋” |
[15:32] | And I finally get it now. | 我现在终于想明白了 |
[15:34] | When you bite into it, | 当你一口咬下去时 |
[15:35] | there’s a hole in the top, like a pocket. | 三明治顶部就会有个洞 像个口袋一样 |
[15:39] | You’re still thinking about that? | 你还在想这个 |
[15:40] | Yeah. Aren’t you? | 是啊 你没想吗 |
[15:42] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:43] | I’ve been thinking more about you and me together. | 我最近都在想我们的事 |
[15:45] | Y-You know, we could go anywhere we want, | 其实我们想去哪里都可以 |
[15:48] | even another country. | 包括另一个国家 |
[15:50] | Wouldn’t that be so cool? | 那会很酷 不是吗 |
[15:51] | Why would I want to live anywhere other than Westport? | 我为什么会想去西港以外的地方住 |
[15:53] | My parents live here, my brothers. | 我父母和兄弟都住在这里 |
[15:56] | I know where all the best houses are for trick or treating. | 我知道最适合玩”不给糖就捣蛋”的房子在哪儿 |
[15:58] | What could be better than this? | 还有什么能比这更好 |
[16:00] | I don’t know, maybe living in Greece. | 我也不知道 也许住在希腊[《油脂》]吧 |
[16:03] | – The movie? – No, Greece, the place. | -那部电影《油脂》吗 -不 希腊 那个地方 |
[16:06] | No, babe, “Grease” Is the word. | 不 宝贝 《油脂》是个词 不是地方 |
[16:15] | Dude. | 哥们 |
[16:16] | Where is your body? | 你的肉身呢 |
[16:17] | Where’s your shine? | 你的精气神呢 |
[16:18] | Pull it together, man. | 振作一点 |
[16:20] | Just take my bike and go get your pomade. | 骑我的车去拿你的发膜吧 |
[16:22] | I said I’m not riding it, and that’s it. | 我说了我不会骑的 不用说了 |
[16:23] | Oh, what, you think you’re too good for me? | 难道你觉得你比我高贵 |
[16:25] | – No, I don’t. – Yeah, you do. | -没有 -你就有 |
[16:27] | What other reason is there? | 不然还有什么理由 |
[16:28] | You’re too good for our spoons, you’re too — | 你不屑用我们的勺子 你也不… |
[16:29] | I don’t know how! Okay? | 我不会 行了吧 |
[16:32] | I don’t know how to ride a bike. | 我不会骑单车 |
[16:34] | What? | 什么 |
[16:36] | How is that possible? | 怎么可能呢 |
[16:36] | Because at my house, if you wanted to go somewhere, | 因为在我家 如果想去哪里 |
[16:40] | there was always an employee to drive you, fly you, | 都会有员工开车 开飞机 |
[16:43] | sail you on a yacht, | 开游艇 |
[16:44] | or take you in a Ducati sidecar. | 或开杜卡迪摩托送你去 |
[16:46] | That sounds pretty baller to me. | 我觉得那听起来很酷 |
[16:47] | But it’s not. | 其实一点都不酷 |
[16:49] | I would’ve loved for my father | 我不知道多希望我爸 |
[16:50] | to have taught me how to ride a bike, | 教我骑单车 |
[16:51] | but he never had the time. | 但他就是没时间 |
[16:54] | He never drove me to school. | 他没开车送过我去学校 |
[16:56] | He never helped me with my homework. | 他没辅导过我做功课 |
[16:59] | He was never there for anything. | 他从没陪伴过在我身边 |
[17:01] | It wasn’t until junior high that I realized | 我直到初中才知道 |
[17:03] | you weren’t supposed to pee sitting down. | 男生不应该坐着尿尿 |
[17:06] | Dude. | 哥们 |
[17:11] | If you want to learn how to ride a bike, | 如果你想学骑车 |
[17:13] | I know the perfect guy to teach you. | 我认识最完美的老师 |
[17:15] | Oh, my God, you know Lance Armstrong? | 天呐 你认识兰斯·阿姆斯特朗吗[知名自行车运动员] |
[17:18] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[17:20] | Hello? | 喂 |
[17:21] | Hi, Anna-Kat, it’s Mommy. | 安娜凯特 我是妈妈呀 |
[17:22] | Why are you calling me? | 你打给我干嘛 |
[17:24] | I’m just seeing if you’re missing me | 我就想看看你有没有想我 |
[17:26] | just as much as I’m missing you. | 跟我想你一样多 |
[17:27] | No one else’s mom is calling them. | 其他人的妈妈都没打电话来 |
[17:30] | It’s embarrassing! | 这样好丢脸 |
[17:35] | It’s on its hind legs! | 它直立起来了 |
[17:37] | That’s a killing pose! | 这是准备扑杀的姿势 |
[17:39] | I’m good. | 我没事 |
[17:41] | Oh, my God! Are you okay? | 天呐 你还好吧 |
[17:43] | Merely giving the raccoon a false sense of security. | 不过是给那只浣熊虚假安全感而已 |
[17:46] | Just call animal control! | 直接打给动物管理局吧 |
[17:47] | I got this. | 我能搞定 |
[17:51] | Mom, I need your opinion on something. | 妈 有件事我想问你意见 |
[17:53] | Oh, now you want my opinion? | 现在你倒想问我意见了 |
[17:56] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[17:57] | I’m sorry. Please don’t leave me. | 对不起 求你别离开我 |
[18:00] | I’m so confused. | 我好困惑 |
[18:03] | I had a conversation at college | 我在大学讨论了 |
[18:04] | about philosophy and Plato, and it was so cool, | 哲学和柏拉图 我觉得很酷 |
[18:08] | but when I tried to share it with Trip, | 但当我试图和特里普分享时 |
[18:09] | all he wanted to do was talk about | 他却只想聊 |
[18:11] | why Hot Pockets are called Hot Pockets. | 热口袋牌冰冻三明治为什么叫这名字 |
[18:13] | Yeah, why are they called pockets? | 对啊 为什么要叫做”口袋” |
[18:15] | There’s no opening. | 明明没有开口 |
[18:18] | I was so sure I wanted a future with Trip, | 我本来很确定我想和特里普拥有共同的未来 |
[18:20] | and I think I still do. | 我现在仍这么想 |
[18:22] | It… | 但是 |
[18:23] | But there’s a whole world out there, | 外面还有广阔的世界 |
[18:24] | and I want to see it. | 我想去见识 |
[18:26] | Maybe even live in another country. | 甚至是去另一个国家居住 |
[18:28] | But I don’t see Trip doing that. | 但我认为特里普不会那么做 |
[18:30] | I love him so much, but… | 我很爱他 但是 |
[18:34] | Things change when you go to college. | 你上了大学后 是会发生变化的 |
[18:37] | And they should. | 也理应如此 |
[18:38] | – It means you’re growing. – It’s scary to grow. | -这意味着你在成长 -成长很吓人 |
[18:40] | And it’s scary to watch you grow, | 看着你成长更吓人 |
[18:43] | but we both have to do it. | 但我们都必须直面它 |
[18:45] | And as for who’s right for you, | 至于谁是你的真命天子 |
[18:47] | you’ll just know. | 到时你自然会知道的 |
[18:48] | Maybe it’s Trip, and maybe it’s not. | 也许是特里普 也许不是 |
[18:51] | And that’s okay. | 那也没关系 |
[18:53] | I found the most perfect guy. | 我找到了最完美的另一半 |
[18:55] | And you will, too. | 你也会的 |
[19:01] | No! | 不 |
[19:02] | We’re gonna stay in this hug until it’s time to bury me. | 等我要入土了再松开这个拥抱吧 |
[19:07] | I’m telling you, you’re in luck, dude. | 我告诉你 你走运了 |
[19:10] | We happen to have an expert | 我们正好有位专家 |
[19:11] | right here in front of you. | 就在你眼前 |
[19:13] | Let’s do this. | 来吧 |
[19:16] | Okay, don’t let go. | 别放手 |
[19:17] | I’m not letting go. | 我不会放手的 |
[19:19] | I’m not letting go. | 我不会放手 |
[19:23] | I let go. | 我放手了 |
[19:25] | I’m doing it. | 我会骑了 |
[19:27] | I’m doing it! | 我会骑了 |
[19:31] | Yeah! | 好棒 |
[19:34] | What was that for? | 为什么亲我 |
[19:35] | For being my perfect guy. | 因为你是我最完美的另一半 |
[19:36] | But I heard you tell Tami that you wanted someone | 但我听见你跟塔米说 你想要一个 |
[19:38] | with more masculine energy, someone to spice it up. | 更有阳刚气的人来给生活加点调味料 |
[19:41] | Oh, my God! | 天呐 |
[19:42] | I was talking about what’s missing in my friend group, | 我是在说我的朋友圈子缺乏这种人 |
[19:45] | not what’s missing in my marriage. | 不是说我的婚姻缺乏这个 |
[19:47] | In a partner, I want someone dependable, smart, | 我想要的伴侣是可靠 聪明 |
[19:50] | a little dorky. | 有点傻气的人 |
[19:51] | And I hit the jackpot. | 我中大奖了 |
[19:53] | Thanks, but that doesn’t sound very sexy. | 谢了 但那听起来不是很性感 |
[19:54] | Oh, please. | 拜托 |
[19:55] | You teaching Cooper how to ride a bike | 你教库珀骑单车 |
[19:57] | is way sexier than Ramone | 可比雷蒙 |
[19:58] | pulling up to my dorm on a motorcycle. | 骑摩托车停在我宿舍门口帅多了 |
[20:00] | Who’s Ramone? | 雷蒙是谁 |
[20:01] | Look at Cooper go! | 瞧库珀骑得多好 |
[20:04] | This is the most bueno day ever! | 今天是我这辈子最快乐的一天 |
[20:07] | I love my poor mom and dad! Yeah! | 我好爱我的穷鬼爸妈 爽 |
[20:13] | Hey, I, uh — I just want to thank you | 我想谢谢你 |
[20:15] | for taking the time to teach me how to ride a bike, | 抽出时间教我骑单车 |
[20:17] | so I brought you this. | 所以我给你带了这个 |
[20:19] | I’m gonna stop you right there. | 你先打住 |
[20:20] | Champagne makes me giggly. | 我喝了香槟会傻笑 |
[20:22] | You don’t drink the champagne. | 香槟不是拿来喝的 |
[20:23] | That’s so gauche. | 那太粗鲁了 |
[20:24] | I’m gonna teach you how to open up a champagne bottle with… | 我要教你如何开香槟 |
[20:28] | a saber. | 用剑 |
[20:29] | Are you sure it’s a good idea? | 你确定这是个好主意吗 |
[20:30] | Oh, yeah. Totally. | 当然 绝对是 |
[20:33] | You want to follow through like a golf swing. Like this. | 你要像高尔夫挥杆一样一气呵成 像这样 |
[20:38] | Oh, my God! | 天呐 |
[20:39] | That is so cool! | 太酷了 |
[20:41] | Oh, this would kill at our French Revolution meeting — | 在我们法国大革命聚会上表演这招会秒杀全场 |
[20:44] | and if you’re not careful, literally. | 如果不小心 真的会杀死人 |
[20:45] | Oh, it’s so easy. | 很简单的 |
[20:46] | I’ve been doing it since I was 8. | 我8岁就学会了 |
[20:47] | Our live-in sommelier taught me. | 住在我们家的酒侍教我的 |
[20:49] | – Here, I’ll show you. – Okay. | -来 我示范给你看 -好 |
[20:51] | Hold the saber. | 握好剑 |
[20:52] | Deep breaths, nice and easy. | 深呼吸 很容易的 |
[20:54] | Let’s relax, let’s relax. | 放轻松 放轻松 |
[20:55] | – Okay. – Ease the arm. | -好 -手臂放松 |
[20:59] | I’m a little scared. | 我有点害怕 |
[20:59] | Hey, you don’t have to be. | 不用怕 |
[21:01] | I got you. I got you. | 有我在 有我在 |
[21:02] | Okay. | 好了 |
[21:04] | Angle it, and follow the seam. | 对好角度 沿着缝挥刀 |
[21:08] | – I did it! – Yeah! | -我成功了 -好棒 |