时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Hey, all you mamas out there. | 各位母亲 |
[00:05] | Today on “A Real Mother Vlog,” | 今天在《一位真正的母亲》 |
[00:07] | I’m going to show you that sometimes, | 我要告诉你 有时候 |
[00:09] | it’s important to just be a fun mom. | 做一个有趣的母亲非常重要 |
[00:12] | Oh, my gosh. Look! | 天啊 快看 |
[00:13] | A white-breasted nuthatch. | 一只白胸五子雀 |
[00:15] | And just like that, | 就这样 |
[00:16] | today is the best day of my life. | 今天是我这辈子最棒的一天 |
[00:19] | What? | 什么 |
[00:20] | Gotcha, bird nerds! | 打中了 看鸟的呆子们 |
[00:22] | Incoming! | 又要来了 |
[00:24] | You were aiming for my face! | 你朝着我的脸扔的 |
[00:26] | Well, yeah. That’s going to read best on camera. | 是的 这样在镜头上好看 |
[00:28] | Why didn’t you tell us you were gonna surprise us? | 你为什么不告诉我们你要袭击我们 |
[00:31] | Sakes alive! | 上帝啊 |
[00:32] | What? | 什么 |
[00:33] | I just saved you from birdwatching | 我刚用水气球和你们打仗 |
[00:35] | with a water balloon fight. | 省得你们只会看鸟 |
[00:37] | Birdwatching is safe. | 观鸟很安全 |
[00:39] | What you did was dangerous. | 而你做的很危险 |
[00:41] | Let’s go, Franklin. | 我们走 富兰克林 |
[00:43] | You ruined the best day of my life. | 你毁了我这辈子最棒的一天 |
[00:52] | Okay. New topic. | 好吧 新主题 |
[00:54] | The world has made kids soft. | 世界让孩子们软弱 |
[00:57] | Did you know that they banned dodgeball in P.E.? | 你知道他们禁止在体育课上玩躲避球吗 |
[01:00] | How are the popular kids supposed to pick on the losers | 受欢迎的孩子们该怎么在学校的制裁活动中 |
[01:02] | during a school-sanctioned activity? | 捉弄怂货们呢 |
[01:04] | This is why there’s a rise in cyber-bullying. | 所以现在网络霸凌大幅增加 |
[01:13] | According to the most recent census, | 根据最近人口普查 |
[01:15] | what is the current population of Westport? | 西港现有人口有多少 |
[01:21] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[01:22] | I’m gonna need to remember these things | 我需要记住这些东西 |
[01:23] | if I’m gonna hold my own in the City Council debate. | 让我在市政厅的辩论中坚持自我 |
[01:27] | Useless numbers and facts? | 没用的数字和事实 |
[01:28] | That’s my bread and butter. | 是我基本的生活原料 |
[01:29] | Don’t beat yourself up, Dad. | 别自责 老爸 |
[01:32] | I have all the faith in the world in you, bud. | 我对你有绝对的信心 老爸 |
[01:34] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[01:35] | You must really want something | 你肯定有非常想要的东西 |
[01:37] | because you just used the “I love you” | 因为你竟然说了”我爱你” |
[01:38] | you were saving for my death bed. | 而你本来是留着在我临终之时说的 |
[01:40] | You’re my dad and my best friend. | 你是我老爸和我最好的朋友 |
[01:43] | But since you asked, | 但既然你问了 |
[01:44] | I do need you to get me | 我确实需要你 |
[01:45] | a teeny tiny prescription for Boosterin. | 帮我弄到脑力增的处方 |
[01:48] | Boosterin? | 脑力增 |
[01:49] | For ADHD? | 治疗注意缺陷多动障碍吗 |
[01:50] | You don’t have ADHD. | 但你不这样啊 |
[01:51] | No, but it also helps you focus | 不 但会帮你集中 |
[01:53] | and access an extra 30% of your brain. | 并多开发30%的脑细胞 |
[01:56] | I have midterms. | 我有期中考试 |
[01:57] | Gotta keep my grades up for Harvard. | 得为了哈佛保持我的高分 |
[01:59] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[02:00] | Every other kid in school not only takes Boosterin, | 学校里一半的孩子都吃脑力增 |
[02:02] | they have private tutors, take prep classes. | 而且还有私人教师 上预科班 |
[02:05] | If I don’t do this, I’m at a disadvantage. | 如果我不这样 就很不利 |
[02:07] | Do you take Boosterin? | 你吃脑力增吗 |
[02:08] | No. | 不 |
[02:09] | No, I get my grades the old fashioned way — | 不 我靠传统方式得高分 |
[02:11] | giving the teachers great Christmas presents. | 给老师送超棒的圣诞礼物 |
[02:14] | What’d your mom say? | 你妈怎么说 |
[02:15] | There is no world where I’m helping my teenage son | 我不可能帮我十几岁的儿子 |
[02:18] | get prescription drugs to study. | 为了学习搞处方药 |
[02:21] | But you took drugs in high school. | 但你高中也嗑药 |
[02:23] | I did it to fit in! It’s different! | 我是为了融入 这不一样 |
[02:25] | I’m with your mom — no way. | 我同意你妈 不可能 |
[02:27] | This is medication for kids who need it. | 这是给需要的孩子的药物 |
[02:29] | You don’t need it. | 你不需要 |
[02:30] | Dad, we could take it together. | 爸 咱俩可以一起吃 |
[02:33] | Me for my midterms, you for your debate. | 我为了我的期中考试 你为了你的辩论 |
[02:35] | It’d be like a father-son camping trip, | 就像父子露营 |
[02:37] | except instead of roasting marshmallows, | 只不过代替烤棉花糖 |
[02:39] | we’ll be taking performance-enhancing drugs. | 我们会吃提高表现的药 |
[02:40] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[02:47] | My parents don’t understand the pressure I’m under. | 我父母不理解我所承受的压力 |
[02:50] | They don’t know what it’s like to strive for something great. | 他们不懂争取很棒的东西是什么样 |
[02:52] | If they had a vision board, | 如果他们有愿望板 |
[02:53] | it would just be a picture of wicker furniture | 上面的照片只会有柳条家具 |
[02:55] | and the Blue Man Group. | 和蓝人乐团 |
[03:01] | I have a question about Kant’s “Critique of Pure Reason.” | 我对康德的《纯粹理性批判》有个问题 |
[03:04] | Of course. | 你问 |
[03:05] | What was his critiques, and what were his reasons? | 他的批判是什么 以及他的理由是什么 |
[03:10] | You’re funny. | 你真有趣 |
[03:11] | Yeah. I’m so funny. | 是 我真有趣 |
[03:13] | Well, the professor asked me to review | 教授让我下周和大家 |
[03:15] | German philosophy with the class next week | 复习德国哲学 |
[03:16] | for the midterm, | 备战期末 |
[03:17] | so we’ll just cover it then. | 我们到时候会讲到 |
[03:19] | Alright, Taylor, I’ll see you Monday. | 好了 泰勒 周一见 |
[03:22] | Taylor? | 泰勒 |
[03:24] | Taylor? | 泰勒 |
[03:25] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:27] | It’s just this sculpture. | 这个雕塑 |
[03:28] | It makes me feel stuff | 让我有所感受 |
[03:29] | that isn’t, like, hungry or sad or tired. | 但不是饿 难过 或者疲倦这种 |
[03:33] | Maybe it’s the triangles. | 也许是那些三角形 |
[03:35] | You know, they’ve represented so much throughout history. | 它们在整个历史上表现了很多 |
[03:39] | Mind, body, spirit. | 思想 身体 灵魂 |
[03:41] | Life, death, rebirth. | 生命 死亡 重生 |
[03:43] | Past, present, future. | 过去 现在 将来 |
[03:44] | Tall, grande, venti. | 中杯 大杯 超大杯 |
[03:46] | Alvin, Simon, Theodore. | 埃尔文 西蒙 西奥多 |
[03:49] | You know, there’s an exhibit at the Westport Art Center Saturday night. | 西港艺术中心周六晚上有展览 |
[03:53] | I’m going. | 我会去 |
[03:54] | You should — You should come, too. | 你应该 也应该去 |
[03:56] | Yeah. | 好 |
[03:57] | That’d be awesome. | 那很棒 |
[04:00] | I have a boyfriend. | 我有男朋友 |
[04:01] | Oh, my God. I do, too. | 天啊 我也是 |
[04:03] | I don’t know why I just said that. | 我不知道自己为什么这么说 |
[04:04] | I don’t. I’m straight. | 我没有男朋友 我是直的 |
[04:06] | But I’m an ally. | 我不恐同 |
[04:08] | Besides, it’s — it’s — | 再说了 |
[04:09] | it’s not even like I was, asking you out. | 又不是我约你出去 |
[04:11] | It’s — No. | 不是的 |
[04:12] | It’s more of like a group thing where — | 更像是团体活动 |
[04:13] | I’m actually asking everybody. | 实际上我问了每个人 |
[04:16] | Hey, you! | 嘿 你 |
[04:17] | You want to go to an art exhibit? | 你想去艺术展览吗 |
[04:18] | No. | 不 |
[04:19] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[04:20] | I-It’s not for everyone. | 不适合所有人 |
[04:21] | That’s why it’s art! | 所以才叫艺术 |
[04:23] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[04:24] | Can I bring my dog? | 我能带狗吗 |
[04:26] | Probably not. | 大概不能 |
[04:28] | You see? | 你看 |
[04:29] | It’s not just for me and you. | 不只是我和你 |
[04:30] | The more the merrier. | 越多越好 |
[04:32] | Definitely bring your boyfriend. | 你该带上你男朋友 |
[04:34] | Yeah, I mean, he’s super into art. | 是的 他非常爱艺术 |
[04:36] | Looking at it… tracing stuff. | 看艺术品 追溯事物 |
[04:39] | Great. Well, I hope to see you and your boyfriend there. | 好极了 希望到时候见到你和你男朋友 |
[04:42] | As part of a group. | 作为团队的一部分 |
[04:45] | Hey, do you wanna go to an art exhibit? | 你想去艺术展览吗 |
[04:47] | I have a boyfriend. | 我有男朋友了 |
[04:49] | So do I! | 我也是 |
[04:51] | Why do I keep saying that? | 我为什么总这么说 |
[05:00] | How’s the app? | 软件准备得怎么样了 |
[05:01] | Are we any closer to launch? | 快能发布了吗 |
[05:03] | We hit a speed bump in the coding. | 在编码方面遭遇了挫折 |
[05:05] | I could explain it, but I won’t, | 我可以解释 但我不会这么做 |
[05:07] | because I’ve decided not to develop my personal skills | 因为我决定了不发展我这方面的个人技能 |
[05:09] | or the patience necessary to do so. | 或必须这么做的耐心 |
[05:11] | A-buh, buh, buh! Can you stop? Please? | 好了 好了 你能不能别倒了 |
[05:13] | I can’t think with you hovering over me. | 你在我眼前晃悠 我无法思考了 |
[05:15] | I don’t tell you how to code. | 我不会教你如何编码 |
[05:16] | You don’t tell me how to be in charge of refreshments, amigo. | 你也别对我说教该怎么准备茶点 朋友 |
[05:20] | Guys, I don’t have time for this bickering. | 我没时间听你们斗嘴 |
[05:22] | I need this app up and running and wildly successful ASAP | 我需要这软件尽快启动 并且大获成功 |
[05:25] | so it can help me get into Harvard. | 好帮助我进入哈佛 |
[05:27] | Especially now that my parents | 尤其是现在我爸妈 |
[05:28] | won’t get me Boosterin for my midterms. | 不愿意帮我买脑力增应付期中考 |
[05:30] | If you need Boosterin, I’ve got a prescription for it. | 你要是需要脑力增 我有处方 |
[05:33] | I can spot you some. | 我可以给你一点 |
[05:33] | Really? Sure. | 真的吗 好啊 |
[05:35] | Oliver. Mom and Dad said no. | 奥利弗 老爸老妈说了不行 |
[05:37] | Yeah. You know what they’ve said yes to? | 是啊 你知道他们同意过什么吗 |
[05:39] | Non-monogrammed towels. | 没有老花图案的毛巾 |
[05:41] | Their judgement isn’t exactly sound. | 他们的判断力并不靠谱 |
[05:45] | – There you go. – Just two? | -给你 -就两颗吗 |
[05:47] | Yeah. You only take a quarter at a time. | 是的 每次只需服下四分之一颗 |
[05:48] | That’ll be more than enough to get you through midterms. | 那已经足够帮你应付期中考了 |
[05:51] | Chief Officer of Snacks and Beverages, you need any? | 首席零食与饮料官 你需要一点吗 |
[05:54] | No. No, I come from money. | 不 不用了 我家很有钱 |
[05:56] | Whatever school Oliver goes to | 不管奥利弗上哪所大学 |
[05:57] | will have a brand-new Cooper Bradford biblioteca. | 他们都会得到一座全新的库珀·布拉德福德图书馆 |
[05:59] | Hopefully whatever school I go to already has a library. | 但愿我上的大学本来就有图书馆了 |
[06:02] | Is that what that means? | 就是这个意思吗 |
[06:07] | Doris, did you watch my latest vlog? | 多瑞丝 你有没有看我最近那篇视频博客 |
[06:09] | Hey, Katie, | 凯蒂 |
[06:11] | I just want to set a baseline for our friendship — | 我就想给我们的友谊划条底线 |
[06:14] | I’m never gonna watch your vlog. | 我绝对不会看你的视频博客的 |
[06:16] | Let me sum it up for you — | 我给您总结一下 |
[06:17] | How are kids supposed to learn to | 如果孩子们从不被击倒 |
[06:19] | pick themselves up off the ground | 他们又怎能学会 |
[06:20] | if they never get knocked down? | 从地上爬起来呢 |
[06:22] | Get a skinned knee, have some actual fun. | 膝盖尽管擦破皮 享受真正的乐子 |
[06:24] | If your friend’s psycho brother hasn’t chased you with a BB-gun, | 如果你朋友的疯逼弟弟没用BB枪追杀过你 |
[06:27] | you haven’t lived. | 你就不算活过 |
[06:28] | Katie, you just need to give Anna-Kat and Franklin | 凯蒂 你需要给安娜凯特和富兰克林 |
[06:31] | an old-fashioned childhood experience. | 一个传统的童年经历 |
[06:33] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[06:34] | Time for a bottle rocket fight. | 是时候来一场冲天炮大战了 |
[06:36] | Where can I get some fireworks? | 我上哪能搞到烟花 |
[06:38] | Nowhere. | 哪都不能 |
[06:39] | They’re illegal in Connecticut. | 烟花在康涅狄格州是违法的 |
[06:40] | Laws ruin everything. | 什么好事都让法律给毁了 |
[06:47] | Since society has sucked every ounce of joy from childhood, | 由于科学吞没了童年的每一丝快乐 |
[06:50] | I want to teach you a few adventurous games | 我想教你们玩几个冒险游戏 |
[06:52] | so that you can have some actual fun. | 这样你们就能来点真正的乐子 |
[06:55] | We can take an adventure without risk. | 我们可以来一场没有危险的冒险 |
[06:57] | An adventure in our minds. | 脑补一场冒险 |
[07:00] | I’m at a fast-food drive-thru. | 我正身处速食店的外卖车道 |
[07:02] | One sourdough grilled chicken club, please. | 请给我一个烤鸡俱乐部酸面包 |
[07:04] | Super fun. Super safe. | 超好玩 超安全 |
[07:07] | You have to take risks in life in order to succeed. | 为了成功 你们必须在现实生活中冒险 |
[07:11] | This is the game that I played as a kid. | 这个游戏我小时候经常玩 |
[07:12] | It’s called “Shark in the Water.” | 叫做”水中鲨鱼” |
[07:14] | Here’s how you play — | 是这么玩的 |
[07:15] | I don’t like sharks. | 我不喜欢鲨鱼 |
[07:16] | There’s no shark, so — | 没有鲨鱼 所以… |
[07:17] | I also don’t like water. | 我也不喜欢水 |
[07:18] | There’s no water. | 也没有水 |
[07:19] | Just listen. | 专心听我说 |
[07:21] | You have to cross the room | 你得到房间另一头 |
[07:23] | without touching the floor, | 但不能碰到地板 |
[07:24] | which we are pretending is shark-infested waters. | 我们假装地板是有大量鲨鱼的水域 |
[07:27] | What happens when we touch the floor? | 我们碰到地板会怎么样 |
[07:29] | You get eaten by a shark. | 你们就被鲨鱼吃了 |
[07:30] | We’ll start small. | 先从小范围开始 |
[07:31] | Just jump off the island to the couch cushion, | 从料理台跳到沙发垫上 |
[07:34] | onto the piano bench. | 接着跳到钢琴凳上 |
[07:35] | Go! | 开跳 |
[07:36] | The piano bench looks pretty darn pointy. | 钢琴凳看起来很尖 |
[07:39] | I’m sorry, Mrs. Otto, | 抱歉 奥图太太 |
[07:40] | but I can’t risk losing an eye. | 我不能冒险失去一只眼睛 |
[07:41] | I need the ability to track moving objects accurately. | 我需要准确追踪运动目标的能力 |
[07:45] | I’ve mentioned my dream to become a tennis line judge, right? | 我提到过我的梦想是当网球司线员吧 |
[07:52] | Ta-da! | 看啊 |
[07:54] | – This is it? – Yeah. | -就这 -是啊 |
[07:56] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[07:58] | Well, I think it’s a bunch of triangles | 我觉得就是几个三角形 |
[07:59] | on top of each other. | 垒在一起 |
[08:01] | Okay, but how does it make you feel? | 好吧 但这让你有什么感受 |
[08:05] | Triangle? | 三角形 |
[08:06] | Hey, I used triangle in its adjective form. | 我用了三角形当形容词呢 |
[08:09] | But when you look at the triangles, | 但当你看着这些三角形时 |
[08:10] | don’t you think it symbolizes mind, body, spirit? | 你不觉得这象征着思想 身体和灵魂吗 |
[08:14] | Life, death, rebirth? | 生命 死亡 重生 |
[08:17] | Yeah, I’m not getting any of that. | 我完全没感受到这些 |
[08:19] | Hey, I thought we were going to that new taco place. | 我们不是要去那家新开的玉米卷饼店吗 |
[08:21] | You know they have a cheeseburger burrito? | 你知道他们有卖芝士汉堡玉米煎饼吗 |
[08:23] | You want to talk about art? | 你想聊艺术吗 |
[08:24] | Let’s talk about that. | 那就是艺术 |
[08:26] | Yeah. We are. | 我们是要去那里 |
[08:27] | I-I’m just getting into art, | 我只是对艺术感兴趣 |
[08:28] | and I thought you might like it, too, | 我以为你也会喜欢 |
[08:29] | but…it’s whatever. | 不过 算了 |
[08:32] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[08:33] | I don’t know why you’re so mad. | 我不明白你为什么这么生气 |
[08:34] | Wait, wait, wait! Wait. I see something else! | 等等 等等 我看到别的东西了 |
[08:36] | I see…triangles! | 我看到… 很多三角形 |
[08:45] | I have to hide the Boosterin somewhere. | 我得把脑力增藏起来 |
[08:48] | How about your dopp kit? | 藏进你的多普包怎么样 |
[08:50] | No. | 不行 |
[08:51] | No me gusta tus drogas. | 偷偷嗑药的又不是我 |
[08:54] | Open up! | 开门 |
[08:56] | Okay! | 好的 |
[08:57] | Give me a sec. | 稍等一下 |
[08:59] | Open up! | 快开门 |
[09:01] | She knows! | 她知道了 |
[09:03] | Don’t you dare fall apart on me. | 你千万别崩溃说漏嘴 |
[09:04] | I-I’m not built for deception — | 我不是骗人的料 |
[09:06] | just charm and a few easy laughs. | 我只会散发魅力和逗人发笑 |
[09:07] | Just let me handle it. | 让我来应付 |
[09:15] | – Hey, Mom. – Don’t “Hey, Mom” Me. | -老妈 -别给我来这套 |
[09:16] | You know what you two did. | 你知道你们俩干了什么好事 |
[09:18] | Oh, God, we’re going to jail. | 老天 我们要进监狱了 |
[09:20] | It’ll be a nice jail, maybe nicer than here, | 会是豪华的监狱 也许比这里更豪华 |
[09:21] | but still jail. | 但仍然是监狱 |
[09:23] | Why don’t you tell us what we did? | 不如你告诉我们 我们做错了什么 |
[09:25] | Once again, you left your wet towels | 你们又把湿毛巾 |
[09:27] | on your bedroom floor for me to pick up. | 丢在卧室地上 等我捡起来 |
[09:29] | Next time this happens, | 下次再发生这种事 |
[09:30] | you both will be sharing Luthor’s butt towel. | 你们俩就得共用卢瑟擦屁屁的毛巾 |
[09:36] | Okay, we’re in the clear. | 我们安全了 |
[09:37] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[09:39] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[09:40] | She doesn’t believe in vitamins. | 她不相信维他命有用 |
[09:42] | That’s why I’ll always hide them in here. | 所以我会一直把药藏在这里 |
[09:46] | What do you mean “Always”? | “一直”是什么意思 |
[09:47] | I’ll be hitting Trevor up for more | 我会找特雷弗要更多 |
[09:48] | during finals, SATs, and ACTs. | 在期末考试 学术能力考试和高等院校入学考试 |
[09:51] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[09:52] | Your boy’s doing both. | 我两个都考 |
[09:54] | No. This could be dangerous. | 不 这可能很危险 |
[09:56] | I’m not okay with it. | 我不同意 |
[09:57] | Look, I’m not you. | 听着 我不是你 |
[09:59] | I can’t buy my way into college. | 我没法花钱进大学 |
[10:01] | So, I’m doing what I have to do. | 所以我只能用这个方法 |
[10:03] | I have it under control. | 我能控制好 |
[10:05] | That’s what they all say. | 大家都这么说 |
[10:06] | I know what addiction can do to a person. | 我知道上瘾的人会怎么样 |
[10:09] | I saw my uncle Winston lose himself to Fabergé eggs. | 我看到温斯顿叔叔沉迷于俄罗斯彩蛋 |
[10:15] | This is perfect. | 这太完美了 |
[10:16] | I want Anna-Kat and Franklin to jump high, | 我想让安妮凯特和富兰克林跳得高高 |
[10:18] | flirt with danger. | 体验危险 |
[10:20] | They’re 12 years old, | 他们已经十二岁了 |
[10:21] | and they don’t have a scar with a cool story behind it. | 却还没有自带酷炫故事的伤疤 |
[10:25] | See this? | 你瞧这个 |
[10:26] | I was the first girl in our school | 我是学校里第一个 |
[10:28] | to attempt the jump | 尝试着 |
[10:29] | from the big oak tree to the monkey bars. | 从大橡树上跳到单杠上的 |
[10:30] | Attempt? | 尝试 |
[10:31] | Landed on a rock, split open my elbow, | 摔在了石头上 把胳膊肘磕破了 |
[10:33] | blood everywhere. | 血流满地 |
[10:34] | The playground monitor passed out. | 操场管理员直接晕过去了 |
[10:35] | Made the school paper. | 还上了校报 |
[10:36] | They called it The Red Recess. | 他们称这个为猩红休庭 |
[10:38] | I have one of those, too. | 我也有一道疤 |
[10:39] | Got this at chess champ. | 在国际象棋决赛时弄的 |
[10:42] | Was a little too close to the board, sneezed, | 靠棋盘太近 打了个喷嚏 |
[10:44] | and hit my queen. | 撞到了我的后 |
[10:45] | I had to hold a tissue to it for the rest of the match. | 剩下的比赛我只能全程拿着纸巾按住伤口 |
[10:48] | Yep. That’s the kind of stuff I’m talking about. | 对 我说的就是这种伤疤 |
[10:50] | I’m gonna do some more last-minute cramming for the debate. | 我要为辩论临时抱佛脚去了 |
[10:52] | I still don’t have all the comptroller’s kids’ names | 我还是觉得没有完美地记住 |
[10:54] | memorized to my satisfaction. | 所有审计员孩子的名字 |
[10:58] | Hey, Mrs. Otto, I need to talk to you about something. | 奥图太太 我得跟你谈谈 |
[11:01] | Cooper, why does your generation | 库珀 为什么你们这一代人 |
[11:02] | think everything is so dangerous? | 认为所有事都很危险呢 |
[11:04] | Well, what if you know someone | 如果你知道有人 |
[11:05] | who’s taking an unnecessary risk? | 要承担不必要的风险呢 |
[11:07] | Then you take notes, | 那你就记下来 |
[11:08] | because this worry-wart attitude | 因为这种讨人厌的担心 |
[11:10] | is exactly why you are all | 正把你们所有人 |
[11:11] | such weak-sauce marshmallow turds. | 都变成了软蛋棉花屎球 |
[11:13] | – But Mrs. Otto — – Weak-sauce… | -但奥图太太 -软蛋 |
[11:15] | marshmallow…turds! | 棉花…屎球 |
[11:18] | …save the taxpayer three-point… | 能帮纳税人节省三个百分点 |
[11:21] | three-point… | 三个百分点 |
[11:23] | Dang it! | 该死的 |
[11:25] | 3.27%. | 3.27个百分点 |
[11:27] | I knew that! | 我就知道 |
[11:30] | “Helps with energy and improves memory.” | “增加能量 提高记忆” |
[11:38] | What else you got? | 还有什么 |
[11:41] | Alright, guys. Open your eyes! | 好了 睁开眼睛吧 |
[11:46] | Come on up! | 快上来 |
[11:47] | Good golly, are you asking for a lawsuit, lady? | 天呐 你是想吃官司吗 女士 |
[11:50] | I called your mom, and she signed off on it. | 我打给你妈妈了 她签了同意书 |
[11:52] | But my mom doesn’t have her eye on the ball. | 但我妈这人没有安全意识 |
[11:54] | I love her, but she’d make a terrible line judge. | 我爱她 但她的判断力实在太差了 |
[11:56] | Just get on the trampoline. | 赶紧到蹦床上来 |
[11:58] | Where’s the safety net? | 安全网呢 |
[12:00] | We’re not putting a safety net on. | 我们不装安全网 |
[12:01] | Nothing with the word “Safety” in it is fun. | 带有”安全”两字的东西都不好玩 |
[12:07] | These bad boys were a lot smaller the last time I did this. | 我上次玩时这些东西看上去小多了 |
[12:10] | What? | 什么 |
[12:11] | I said come on! | 我说上来 |
[12:12] | Get up here! | 赶紧上来 |
[12:14] | Let’s be professional wrestlers! | 我们来做专业摔跤手吧 |
[12:16] | Piledriver! | 打桩技 |
[12:22] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[12:26] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[12:28] | Just gotta pop my shoulder back in. | 只需要把这只脱臼的手臂弄回去 |
[12:40] | Hey, you guys ready for the debate? | 你们准备好去参加辩论了吗 |
[12:42] | We’re leaving soon. | 我们马上走了 |
[12:43] | We’re not going. | 我们不去了 |
[12:44] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[12:45] | Watching you mangle your body | 看着你以好玩之名 |
[12:47] | in the name of “Fun” really freaked us out, | 肆意伤害自己的身体 我们吓坏了 |
[12:49] | so we’re just gonna stay here and play “Be Safe.” | 所以我们打算就在家玩”安然无恙” |
[12:52] | “Be Safe”? | “安然无恙” |
[12:53] | It’s a game we made up. | 这是我们自己造的游戏 |
[12:54] | The rules are you sit on the floor and do nothing. | 规则就是坐在地板上什么也不做 |
[12:57] | It’s not very fun, | 虽然不好玩 |
[12:59] | but like the name says, it’s safe, | 但就像游戏名那样 很安全 |
[13:01] | and unlike soccer, women get paid the same as men. | 而且不像足球 女性和男性的薪资相同 |
[13:04] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[13:06] | You know what? You win. | 知道吗 你们赢了 |
[13:08] | Actually, Mrs. Otto, no one wins in “Be Safe.” | 其实 奥图太太 在”安然无恙”游戏里没人会赢 |
[13:11] | That’s one of my favorite things about it. | 这是我最喜欢这游戏的一点 |
[13:12] | If I could throw my arms up in frustration right now, | 要是我现在可以因沮丧而把手臂卸下 |
[13:14] | I would. | 我会的 |
[13:21] | Hey, Cooper, did you take the Boosterin out of the bottle? | 库珀 你吃了瓶里的脑力增吗 |
[13:24] | No, of course not. | 没有 当然没有 |
[13:25] | Somebody did. | 有人吃了 |
[13:37] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[13:38] | Hey, guys! | 你们好啊 |
[13:39] | Get in the car. It’s time to get to the debate. | 上车吧 该去参加辩论了 |
[13:41] | Actually, I’ll just run there! | 要不我还是直接跑去吧 |
[13:42] | No. | 不 |
[13:44] | It’s super humid. | 外面太潮了 |
[13:45] | We can’t have your hair Bozo-ing out. | 我们不能让你毁了发型 |
[13:47] | We’ll drive you there. | 我们开车送你去 |
[13:48] | Good point. | 说的有理 |
[13:49] | I’ll do upside-down push-ups until we leave. | 那在走之前我一直做倒立俯卧撑吧 |
[13:55] | To be safe, you should dial 9, 1, | 安全起见 你应该拨上9和1 |
[13:57] | and then have your thumb hovering over the second 1. | 然后大拇指在按键1上待着 随时待命 |
[14:02] | Thank you all for coming | 感谢各位前来 |
[14:03] | to the Westport City Council Debate. | 参加西港市市议会辩论 |
[14:04] | We have a lot to cover, so let’s get started. | 要讨论的事情很多 我们开始吧 |
[14:07] | Mr. Otto, the cornerstone of your platform is to save a field? | 奥图先生 你的主要主张是拯救那个牧场吗 |
[14:11] | Not just any field. | 不是随便一个牧场 |
[14:12] | A historic field, | 一个历史牧场 |
[14:13] | where Israel Bissel fed his horse. | 伊斯雷·比塞尔在那喂过他的马 |
[14:15] | How do you plan on funding that endeavor? | 你打算如何筹集资金 |
[14:17] | I intend to get it on the National Historical Landmarks Registry, | 我打算让这个牧场成为国家历史地标 |
[14:20] | where it belongs. | 它真正的归属之地 |
[14:21] | Not only will it preserve it, | 这样不仅可以保留牧场 |
[14:22] | the city will be eligible for state funding | 本市还有资格获得州里的资助 |
[14:24] | and tax benefits to maintain it. | 和税收优惠来保护它 |
[14:26] | It’s a win for Westport and a win for history. | 这对西港市和历史来说是个双赢的决定 |
[14:29] | I’ll tellin’ ya, man, Boosterin is the best. | 告诉你 脑力增是最棒的 |
[14:33] | Mr. Hobert, you are in favor of | 霍巴特先生 你是赞成 |
[14:34] | building a retail space on that very field. | 把那片土地用做商业用地 |
[14:36] | Your thoughts? | 说说你的想法 |
[14:37] | My thought is that this town | 我的想法是这个小镇 |
[14:40] | has gone too long without a Paula’s Pretzels. | 已经太久没拥有宝拉的椒盐卷饼了 |
[14:43] | I was just saying that! | 我刚刚还说这个来着 |
[14:45] | Honey, wasn’t I just saying that? | 亲爱的 我是不是刚刚说过 |
[14:47] | You’re supposed to be impartial. | 你应该公正才对啊 |
[14:48] | Westport Plaza will create numerous jobs | 西港广场将创造大量就业机会 |
[14:51] | and help generate considerable tax revenue. | 帮助创造可观的税收收入 |
[14:54] | Not to mention it’ll have an ice cream shop | 更别提还会建一个冰淇淋店 |
[14:56] | where they mix the toppings in while you’re watching. | 你可以观看店员混合馅料的场景 |
[15:00] | It’s spectacular. | 非常精彩 |
[15:02] | Mr. Otto, care to respond? | 奥图先生 你要对此做出回应吗 |
[15:04] | Well, yes. | 是的 |
[15:05] | While what Mr. Hobert said sounds true, | 霍巴特先生所说的听起来没问题 |
[15:07] | if you look at the statistics regarding other such properties, | 如果你对比其他类似房产的数据 |
[15:10] | you’ll find — | 就会看到 |
[15:14] | What is with the blinking? | 他不停眨眼是怎么回事 |
[15:15] | He picked a weird time to flirt with the moderator. | 他是挑了一个奇怪的时间点和主持人调情吗 |
[15:17] | He’s just excited. | 他只是兴奋而已 |
[15:19] | Sure, he took four times the dose, | 没错 他服用了四倍的药量 |
[15:21] | but he’s four times my size, right? | 但是他比我壮四倍 是吧 |
[15:23] | Just say “Right.” | 快回答”是” |
[15:25] | Didn’t Trevor say excessive blinking | 特雷弗是不是说频繁眨眼 |
[15:27] | could be one of the side effects? | 可能是副作用之一 |
[15:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:30] | Among others. | 众多副作用之一 |
[15:32] | There are lots of possible side effects. | 可能会产生很多副作用 |
[15:34] | Excessive blinking, dry mouth… | 频繁眨眼 口干… |
[15:39] | dizziness… | 头晕… |
[15:41] | Which I think if… we divert the funds to… | 我认为… 如果我们把资金用到… |
[15:43] | Are we having an earthquake? | 是不是地震了 |
[15:44] | Earthquake! | 地震了 |
[15:47] | and hand tremors. | 还会手抖 |
[15:48] | And that’s why a vote for Greg Otto… | 所以给格雷格·奥图投票… |
[15:53] | …is a vote for Westport! | 就是给整个西港投票 |
[15:56] | Start talking. | 快给我解释 |
[15:58] | I’m as confused as you are. | 我也不知道是怎么回事 |
[15:59] | We accidentally drugged Dad. | 我们不小心给爸爸下了药 |
[16:01] | Oliver got Boosterin. | 奥利弗搞到了脑力增 |
[16:02] | Dude! | 兄弟 |
[16:03] | Hate me today, thank me tomorrow. | 今天你恨我 明天就会感谢我 |
[16:05] | Is that what you were trying to tell me earlier? | 这就是你之前想告诉我的事吗 |
[16:07] | Yeah, I’m sorry, Mom. | 是的 对不起 妈妈 |
[16:08] | Our family’s become another statistic. | 我们家让犯罪率又提升了一点 |
[16:16] | I’m never taking B12 again. | 我再也不吃维生素B12了 |
[16:17] | I’m clearly allergic to it! | 我肯定是对它过敏 |
[16:19] | You want to tell him? | 你要告诉他吗 |
[16:21] | Tell me what? | 告诉我什么 |
[16:22] | Dad… | 爸爸… |
[16:23] | I got two Boosterin pills, | 我搞到两粒脑力增 |
[16:24] | and I hid them in your B12 bottle. | 我把它们藏到了你装维生素B12的瓶子里 |
[16:26] | You’re not having an allergic reaction to B12. | 你不是对维生素B12过敏 |
[16:29] | You’re actually having a fairly standard reaction | 你服用的药量是建议用量的四倍 |
[16:30] | – to quadruple the recommended dose. – Yeah. | -这是正常反应 -是的 |
[16:32] | What? | 什么 |
[16:33] | You not only got Boosterin, | 你不仅搞来了脑力增 |
[16:35] | but then you drugged me with it | 还在我辩论的这晚 |
[16:36] | on the night of my debate? | 给我下药 |
[16:38] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:39] | Really. | 真的抱歉 |
[16:41] | I got it because I thought it would help with my midterms. | 我搞这个药只是想用它辅助我考期中考试 |
[16:44] | But after watching you fight off those imaginary… | 但看到你一直在躲那些想象的… |
[16:48] | I think it was bats? | 应该是蝙蝠之后 |
[16:56] | Bees, actually. | 其实是蜜蜂 |
[16:57] | Either way, | 无论是什么 |
[16:59] | I promise you I will never go near Boosterin again. | 我保证再也不会沾脑力增这种药了 |
[17:01] | Good. You don’t need it. | 很好 你不需要它 |
[17:03] | You’ll have plenty of time to study for midterms, | 你会有很多时间复习期中考试的 |
[17:05] | because you’re grounded. | 因为你被禁足了 |
[17:06] | Indefinitely. | 无限期禁足 |
[17:13] | How you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[17:14] | Like I’m gonna get my butt kicked in the election. | 我感觉我要在选举中惨败了 |
[17:16] | You get knocked down, and you get up again. | 你被打倒后 还会再次振作的 |
[17:20] | I believe in you. | 我相信你 |
[17:21] | Thanks so much. | 谢谢你 |
[17:22] | That’s exactly what I needed to hear. | 这正是我想听到的话 |
[17:24] | Plus, you’re assuming that | 而且 你还以为 |
[17:25] | anyone is playing attention to this debate — | 会有人在意这场辩论 |
[17:27] | or the election for that matter. | 或是这次选举 |
[17:29] | No one cares, honey. | 没人在意的 亲爱的 |
[17:31] | In the future, after I say “Thank you,” | 以后 我说完”谢谢你”之后 |
[17:33] | you can just stop. | 你就可以闭嘴了 |
[17:37] | 安德烈 很期待今晚的艺术展 | |
[17:43] | Trip. What are you doing here? | 特里普 你来这干什么 |
[17:46] | I just spent three hours staring at that statue, | 我刚刚花了三个小时盯着那座雕像 |
[17:49] | trying to come up with something to say about it, | 希望能对它有所想法 |
[17:50] | and here’s what I got — | 这就是我想到的 |
[17:52] | it is not sturdy enough for a human to climb on. | 它不够结实 不能让人攀爬 |
[17:55] | You didn’t have to do that. | 你不用这么做的 |
[17:56] | Yes, I did. | 不 我要做 |
[17:58] | Because I’m not doing something right, | 因为我做得不对 |
[18:00] | and I’m trying to do better. | 我要做得更好 |
[18:02] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[18:05] | I love it. | 我很喜欢它 |
[18:06] | Oh, that’s not for you. | 这个不是给你的 |
[18:07] | I got it for Anna-Kat. | 是给安娜凯特的 |
[18:09] | I picked this up for her at your student union. | 我在你学校的学生活动中心买的 |
[18:11] | I thought she might like it. | 我觉得她也许会喜欢 |
[18:13] | You’re the sweetest guy in the world. | 你是这个世界上最暖心的人 |
[18:15] | Thank you, | 谢谢 |
[18:15] | but the sweetest guy in the world | 但是这个世界上最暖心的人 |
[18:17] | is the UPS driver I saw on the news. | 是我在新闻上看到的快递小哥 |
[18:19] | He gives out hugs with every package. | 他送每个包裹时都会给人拥抱 |
[18:22] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[18:23] | – I’m taking you on a date. – Where? | -我要带你去约会 -去哪儿 |
[18:25] | Well, I figured since you’re getting into art, | 我想既然你喜欢艺术 |
[18:27] | maybe we could go to Color Me Mine. | 也许我们可以去DIY彩陶店 |
[18:28] | Some kid rented it out for his birthday, | 有个小孩租下那家店过生日 |
[18:30] | but his mom said we could come if we bring a gift. | 但他妈妈说如果我们带礼物的话就可以去 |
[18:35] | – I’ll be down in a second. – Okay. | -我马上下楼 -好的 |
[18:42] | 安德烈 很期待今晚的艺术展 | |
[18:54] | I really thought | 我曾经真的以为 |
[18:55] | that I was doing my younger kids a disservice | 我让我的老三小小年纪 |
[18:57] | by always letting them take the safe route. | 就总走安全路线是害了他们 |
[19:00] | But at the same time, | 但与此同时 |
[19:01] | my teenager is dying to take risks, | 我家老二特别乐于冒险 |
[19:04] | and I want him to be safer. | 我却想让他更安全些 |
[19:07] | Being a mom makes you and everyone around you crazy. | 做一位母亲让你和身边的所有人发疯 |
[19:10] | It’s why shows like “Snapped” Exist. | 所以才会有《紧咬不放》那样的犯罪记录片存在 |
[19:13] | Sometimes, it’s just about finding the middle ground, ladies. | 有时 就是要找到妥协的平衡点 姐妹们 |
[19:18] | And Dale. | 还有黛尔 |
[19:20] | I see you, Dale. | 我懂你 黛尔 |
[19:22] | So, the three of us came up with a new game together. | 所以我们三个一起想了一个新游戏 |
[19:26] | We combined my mom’s game, “Shark in the Water,” | 我们结合了妈妈的游戏”水中鲨鱼” |
[19:28] | with our game, “Be Safe.” | 和我们的游戏”安然无恙” |
[19:30] | It’s called “The Water’s Dirty, | 这个游戏叫做”水很脏 |
[19:31] | So Don’t Get Wet Unless You Absolutely Have To, | 所以不到万不得已不要把自己弄湿 |
[19:33] | Because Everyone Wins When You Put Safety First.” | 因为当你把安全放在首位时人人都是赢家” |
[19:37] | Believe it or not, | 不管你信不信 |
[19:38] | the title used to be longer and mentioned cholera. | 这个名字本来更长 而且有霍乱两个字 |
[19:48] | This is fun. | 这可真有趣 |
[19:49] | I just watched “Free Solo.” | 我刚才看了《徒手攀岩》 |
[19:50] | Now I know how that guy feels. | 现在我知道那个主角是什么感觉了 |
[19:53] | I’m playing, too. | 我也要玩 |
[19:54] | Come here! | 过来 |
[19:56] | I got you! | 我抓到你们了 |
[20:01] | Dislocated my shoulder again. | 我的肩膀又脱臼了 |
[20:03] | No problem. Just gonna knock it back in. | 没事 我再把它接回去 |
[20:12] | Probably should call a doctor. | 也许我应该叫个医生来 |
[20:15] | Yep. That’s what I should do. | 没错 我应该叫医生 |
[20:21] | Are you guys sure about this? | 你们确定要这么做吗 |
[20:24] | Yeah. The net’s up, | 是的 拦网已经装好了 |
[20:25] | we’re going one at a time. | 我们一次只进去一个人 |
[20:27] | We’re totally good. | 我们肯定没事的 |
[20:38] | Nice job. | 很好 |
[20:39] | I think I’m getting the hang of this. | 我觉得我找到窍门了 |
[20:50] | You know what? | 我想了想 |
[20:52] | I don’t think this is for me. | 觉得这个运动不适合我 |