时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Alright, Viv, I’m ready to wrap this up. | 好了 维芙 我打算到此为止 |
[00:02] | How far have we gone? | 我们走了多远了 |
[00:05] | 0.8 miles. | 0.8英里 |
[00:06] | What? | 什么 |
[00:07] | But we have been walking for an hour! | 但我们都走了一小时了啊 |
[00:09] | It’s been 11 minutes. | 才11分钟而已 |
[00:11] | Exercise messes with my internal clock. | 锻炼会扰乱我体内的时间观念 |
[00:13] | You’re on your own. | 你自己走吧 |
[00:14] | Oh, come on! | 别这样嘛 |
[00:16] | I’m tired of always being on my own. | 我受够了总是我一个人走 |
[00:19] | But you have Violet. | 但你有维奥莱特啊 |
[00:20] | She’s 2. | 她才两岁 |
[00:22] | Her legs are dimply like yours, | 她的腿跟你的一样有很多肉褶子 |
[00:23] | but she does not have your wit. | 但她没你这么机智 |
[00:24] | I like the wit part, so I’m overlooking the rest. | 我喜欢你夸我机智 所以我打算无视其他的话了 |
[00:27] | You know, I am a strong, independent woman | 我是个强大 独立的女性 |
[00:30] | who’s totally capable of raising a kid alone. | 完全有能力一个人养大孩子 |
[00:33] | I’m just… | 我只是… |
[00:34] | I just miss having someone to share my life with. | 我只是怀念一个共同分享我的生活的人 |
[00:37] | But I don’t want another | 但我不想再找一个 |
[00:38] | self-absorbed Westport banking guy. | 以自我为中心的西港银行男 |
[00:41] | I want a good guy. | 我想找一个好男人 |
[00:43] | You need to find someone like Greg. | 你得找一个像格雷格那样的男人 |
[00:45] | In fact, if he doesn’t stop snoring, | 实际上 如果他不停止打鼾 |
[00:46] | you can have my Greg. | 我可以把我家格雷格转让给你 |
[00:47] | I would love a Greg. | 我会很开心能找到格雷格那样的 |
[00:49] | I just don’t know how to spot one. | 我只是不知道要怎么找到 |
[00:51] | That is why I need you to come out with me and be my wingwoman. | 所以我需要你跟我一起 当我的泡男人搭档 |
[00:54] | I don’t have that kind of time. | 我可没那个时间 |
[00:55] | I’m raising kids. I run a business. | 我要养育孩子 还在做生意 |
[00:57] | I just thought because you were the one | 我只是想着 因为当初是你 |
[00:58] | that convinced me to reject my ex | 说服我拒绝了我前男友 |
[01:00] | and stand on my own two feet | 自己独立生活 |
[01:02] | that you might want to help. | 那么你可能愿意帮我的忙 |
[01:03] | I could see why you’d think that, | 我能理解你为什么会这么想 |
[01:04] | but I do not. | 但我真没时间帮忙 |
[01:08] | Called a Lyft. | 我叫了个网约车 |
[01:09] | You can either keep your face or your ass, Viv. | 你可以选择保住你的脸或锻炼你的屁股 维芙 |
[01:12] | I choose my face. | 我选择保住我的脸 |
[01:22] | Hey, Mom. How was your walk? | 嘿 妈妈 竞走怎么样 |
[01:24] | Stupid. | 傻死了 |
[01:25] | Walking is stupid, son. Remember that. | 走路本身就很傻 儿子 记住这点 |
[01:26] | You need a hand? | 你需要帮忙吗 |
[01:27] | I could skip school and make lasagna with you. | 我可以逃学 跟你一起做千层面 |
[01:29] | You’re being helpful. | 你很乐于助人啊 |
[01:30] | I demand an explanation. | 我要求你做出解释 |
[01:32] | I’m just…nervous about going to school today. | 我只是 对于今天去上学感到很紧张 |
[01:36] | Why? | 为什么 |
[01:37] | A kid from school came out to me on Teen Help Line. | 我们学校一个小孩在青少年求助热线对我出柜了 |
[01:40] | But I think he was worried I was gonna out him, | 但我猜是因为他担心我会帮他出柜 |
[01:42] | so he posted on Instagram that I was gay, | 于是他就在网上说我是同性恋 |
[01:44] | and the whole school saw it. | 现在整个学校的人都看到了 |
[01:45] | Are you sure this isn’t just an elaborate story you’re making up | 你确定这不是你精心编造的故事 |
[01:48] | to tell me something about yourself? | 目的是为了告诉我关于你自身的什么事吗 |
[01:50] | – I’m not gay. – Fine. | -我不是同性恋 -好吧 |
[01:52] | So, why don’t you just tell everyone at school | 那你为什么不告诉学校里的人 |
[01:53] | that it’s just a lie? | 这只是个谎言 |
[01:55] | If I do, | 如果我那么做 |
[01:55] | I’ll just be confirming all of this guy’s worst fears, | 就相当于确认了那家伙最大的恐惧 |
[01:57] | that being gay is something to be ashamed of. | 也就是 身为同性恋是可耻的事 |
[02:00] | I have to lead by example | 我必须以身作则 树立榜样 |
[02:01] | and show him that people thinking I’m gay | 让他明白 大家觉得我是同性恋 |
[02:03] | is not a big deal. | 并没有什么大不了的 |
[02:04] | So, you’ll be gay for him, | 所以你愿意为他当同性恋 |
[02:05] | but not your own mother? | 却不愿为你妈当同性恋 |
[02:06] | That is some takeaway. | 你这理解偏差真是绝了 |
[02:10] | Oh, hey, Katie! | 嘿 凯蒂 |
[02:11] | Gotta stay in shape if I’m gonna find a guy by myself! | 如果我要靠自己找到男人 必须有好身材 |
[02:16] | I used to be able to count on you | 我以前非常确定 |
[02:17] | to be the worst one in the family. | 你就是这个家里最差劲的人 |
[02:18] | But now you’re running around helping people. | 但你现在到处帮助别人 |
[02:20] | Seriously, Oliver, look at what you’re making me do. | 说真的 奥利弗 瞧你逼我做出了什么事 |
[02:24] | Viv, I’m in! | 维芙 我愿意帮忙 |
[02:25] | We’ll find you a Greg! | 我们帮你找个格雷格那样的 |
[02:27] | I love it! | 我太开心了 |
[02:28] | I’m here for you, girl! | 我会支持你的 姑娘 |
[02:30] | This is who I am now. Hope you’re happy. | 现在我成了这种人了 希望你高兴 |
[02:34] | Ta! | 再见 |
[02:37] | Katie, good news. | 凯蒂 好消息 |
[02:38] | My brother’s flying in from England. | 我弟弟要从英国飞过来了 |
[02:39] | He’s lecturing at Yale. | 他要在耶鲁大学开讲座 |
[02:41] | Let’s set him up with Viv! | 我们撮合他和维芙吧 |
[02:42] | – What? – She’s lonely, he’s lonely. | -什么 -她很孤寂 他也很孤寂 |
[02:44] | She said she wanted a Greg. | 她说想要个格雷格那样的男人 |
[02:46] | He’s a Greg. | 他恰好也叫格雷格 |
[02:47] | Katie, relationships aren’t just math. | 凯蒂 男女感情可不是简单的数学问题 |
[02:49] | They move in ways beyond arbitrary connection — | 那超越了随意的关联… |
[02:51] | You’re stalling. | 你是在故意拖延 |
[02:52] | I don’t want him to be with Viv. | 我不希望他跟维芙在一起 |
[02:53] | I want him to be with me. He’s mine! | 我希望他跟我在一起 他是我的 |
[02:55] | Look, if I had a sister from my father’s secret second family, | 如果我爸在外面又搞出一个家 给我生了个妹妹 |
[02:59] | I would pimp her out to your annoying friend. | 我肯定会把她介绍给你的烦人朋友 |
[03:01] | There’s no way to prove that. | 根本没办法证明这点 |
[03:02] | That’s why I feel confident throwing it out there. | 所以我才很自信地把它抛出来力证我的观点 |
[03:04] | My brother’s going to stay with us for a few days. | 我弟弟只是过来跟我们住几天而已 |
[03:07] | I’m really excited | 我很激动 |
[03:07] | to do all the typical brother stuff we missed out on — | 能跟他一起做我们错过的兄弟之事 |
[03:10] | antiquing, reciting soliloquies — | 买古玩 背诵独白… |
[03:12] | C’mon! Viv wants all my attention. | 拜托 维芙希望我多关心她 |
[03:13] | She’s up my butt about this. | 她整天为这事跟在我屁股后面烦我 |
[03:15] | And she’s really skinny right now. | 她现在那么瘦 |
[03:16] | She might accidentally slip up there. | 没准真会滑进我屁股里 |
[03:19] | I’m not setting up my brother with Viv, | 我不会撮合我弟弟和维芙的 |
[03:21] | and I don’t want to hear another word about it. | 这事到此为止 我不想再听你说一个字 |
[03:23] | Great. Now I’m frustrated, | 好极了 这下我非常沮丧 |
[03:25] | and I’ll probably brush my teeth too aggressively. | 我可能会过度用力地刷牙 |
[03:27] | If my gumline recedes, it’s on you. | 如果我的牙龈线下陷了 都是你的错 |
[03:34] | It’s him. | 就是他 |
[03:36] | There he is. | 他来了 |
[03:38] | They’re walking together. | 他们并肩走路哎 |
[03:43] | People are staring. | 大家都盯着我们 |
[03:45] | It’s either because they think you’re gay, | 要么是因为他们觉得你是同性恋 |
[03:46] | or I look stunning in paisley. | 要么是我穿佩斯利花纹衫太帅了 |
[03:48] | Having not done it many times before, | 以前没怎么这么做过 |
[03:50] | doing the right thing is an incredible hassle. | 但是做正确的事真的痛苦又烦人 |
[03:52] | Hello, Oliver. Oliver’s boyfriend. | 你好 奥利弗 以及奥利弗的男友 |
[03:54] | Oh, I’m not his — | 我才不是他的… |
[03:55] | None of my business. | 与我无关 |
[03:57] | I heard your news. | 我听说你的事了 |
[03:58] | You know that conversation we had the other day? | 你还记得那天我们之间的对话吗 |
[04:00] | I want to clarify a few things. | 我想说清楚几点 |
[04:05] | Principal Ablin, | 阿布林校长 |
[04:07] | would you throw my name in the hat for Distinguished Pupil? | 你能考虑选我当「杰出学生」吗 |
[04:09] | It’d look good on my college application. | 那会为我的大学申请表增色不少 |
[04:11] | You’re Katie Otto’s son. | 你是凯蒂·奥图的儿子 |
[04:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[04:14] | Then no. | 那绝对不行 |
[04:14] | I do not care for the people you associate with. | 我不喜欢跟你来往的那些人 |
[04:17] | When I said “The people you associate with,” | 我当时说”跟你来往的那些人” |
[04:20] | I certainly hope that it was clear that I meant your mother, | 希望你明白 我明显是指你妈妈 |
[04:23] | not other gay people. | 而非同性恋群体 |
[04:24] | I hadn’t given it much thought. | 我本来都没怎么想这事 |
[04:27] | Until now. | 但现在我开始细想了 |
[04:28] | Now it’s all I can think about. | 现在我满心都这么想 |
[04:32] | Maybe being named Distinguished Pupil | 或许被选为「杰出学生」 |
[04:34] | will take it off your mind, huh? | 能打消你这个想法 是吧 |
[04:36] | Does that come with a letter of recommendation perhaps? | 还顺带附上一封推荐信吗 |
[04:40] | It does. | 可以的 |
[04:41] | I’ll write one up tout de suite. | 我立刻就去写一封 |
[04:46] | You see that? | 你看见了吗 |
[04:48] | He’s falling all over himself to keep me happy. | 他为了哄我开心 使出浑身解数 |
[04:51] | Turns out being gay is the same as being rich. | 原来当同性恋和当有钱人一样 |
[05:01] | What are you doing with your stuffed animals? | 你怎么把动物玩偶都拿出来了 |
[05:03] | I was just at Penny’s house. | 我之前去了佩妮家 |
[05:05] | She re-did her room. | 她重新装饰了她的房间 |
[05:06] | All of her little kid stuff is gone. | 她小时候的东西全都丢了 |
[05:08] | She made The Jump, | 她从小孩跨越成大人了 |
[05:10] | and all my friends have, too. | 我所有的朋友也都实现了跨越 |
[05:11] | So, if I ever want to have anyone over, | 所以如果我还想带人来家里玩 |
[05:14] | it’s time I get rid of all this. | 我就该处理掉这些玩具 |
[05:16] | I get that. | 我能理解 |
[05:17] | I don’t know if I can get rid of my ponies. | 我不知道我舍不舍得丢掉这些小马 |
[05:19] | Especially Glittermane. | 特别是「亮鬃」 |
[05:21] | She was brought to life by a dark wizard. | 它的生命是一个黑巫师赋予的 |
[05:23] | It’s not gonna be a clean kill. | 肯定不能利落地杀死它 |
[05:25] | When I was making The Jump, | 我从小孩跨越到大人时 |
[05:27] | the one thing I couldn’t get rid of was my Barbies. | 我唯一无法割舍的是我的芭比娃娃 |
[05:30] | Couldn’t let ’em go. | 实在无法放下它们 |
[05:31] | So, what’d you do? | 那你怎么做的 |
[05:32] | I went cold turkey. | 我一咬牙彻底抛弃了 |
[05:33] | I threw them in the trash | 我全扔进垃圾箱 |
[05:34] | and watched as the garbage truck took them away forever. | 看着垃圾车把它们永远地带离我的生命 |
[05:36] | Then I guess that’s what I’ll do, too. | 那我也这么做吧 |
[05:38] | After feeding them and bathing them | 但我得先喂饱它们 给它们洗澡 |
[05:41] | and taking in one last glorious sunset. | 然后一起欣赏最后一次绝美落日 |
[05:46] | Don’t judge my process. | 别评判我的过程 |
[05:49] | Otto bros in the house! | 奥图兄弟回来啦 |
[05:52] | – Katie! – Greg! | -凯蒂 -格雷格 |
[05:54] | It’s so nice to see you again. | 又见面了 太棒啦 |
[05:55] | I’ve got Greg’s office all set up for you. | 我帮你准备好了格雷格的办公室 |
[05:57] | Oh, do you have an adapter? | 你有转换器吗 |
[05:58] | I need to plug in my rainforest noise machine. | 我得插上我的雨林声音助眠机 |
[06:00] | Greg always travels with a rainforest noise machine. | 格雷格出门都会带上雨林声音助眠机 |
[06:03] | Even though we were brought up on different continents, | 虽然我们在不同大陆长大 |
[06:05] | we have so much in common. | 但我们共同点却如此多 |
[06:07] | We’re both academics. | 我们都是学者 |
[06:07] | We both like crustless sandwiches. | 我们都喜欢切边三明治 |
[06:09] | – War reenactments. – A cappella groups. | -重现战争 -清唱组合 |
[06:11] | ♪ Yes, we do ♪ | ♪没错♪ |
[06:17] | On the way here, Greg wanted to try a real American donut, | 回家路上 格雷格想尝试正宗的美国甜甜圈 |
[06:19] | so we stopped off at the — | 所以我们停下买了… |
[06:21] | It’s too cold in my office for him. | 我的办公室对他来说太冷了 |
[06:23] | – I’m sure he’s fine. – No. | -他一定没问题的 -不 |
[06:24] | See, we have this cosmic connection | 我们有心灵感应 |
[06:26] | where I can tell what he’s feeling. | 我能感知到他的感受 |
[06:27] | Okay, I’m just gonna head this off now. | 好了 我得打住你 |
[06:29] | You’re not twins. You don’t even have the same mother. | 你们不是双胞胎 甚至不是一个妈生的 |
[06:31] | You’re just two dorks who share the same horny dad. | 你们不过是同一个饥渴老爸生的两个呆瓜 |
[06:33] | Pip pip, Ottos! Viv is here! | 嘟嘟 奥图一家 维芙来啦 |
[06:35] | Did you tell her about my brother? | 你告诉他我弟弟来的事了吗 |
[06:37] | What? No. | 什么 没有啊 |
[06:38] | People say “Pip pip.” | 美国人也常说”嘟嘟”的啦 |
[06:39] | Hello. | 你好 |
[06:40] | I’m Greg’s brother Greg. | 我是格雷格的弟弟格雷格 |
[06:41] | I’m Viv. | 我是维芙 |
[06:42] | I heard you were coming | 我听说你要来 |
[06:43] | and I wanted to make you feel at home, | 我想让你有宾至如归的感觉 |
[06:45] | so I made you some crumpets. | 所以特地给你做了英式热煎饼 |
[06:47] | Crumpets? | 热煎饼 |
[06:48] | You are so thoughtful. | 你太贴心了 |
[06:49] | Greg, who is this angel? | 格雷格 这位仙子是谁啊 |
[06:51] | Come, sit, tell me everything about yourself. | 快请坐 跟我好好介绍下你自己 |
[06:53] | Uh, were you a C-section? Were you a breech? | 你是剖腹产儿吗 是臀位胎儿吗 |
[06:55] | I want to know every detail, right from the start. | 我想知道所有细节 从你出生开始 |
[06:59] | This Greg is so much better than yours. | 这个格雷格比你家的强多了 |
[07:01] | I told her not to be her everyday awful self, | 我叫她不要露出平时的可怕真面目 |
[07:04] | and he’s totally buying it. | 现在他完全上钩了 |
[07:05] | I specifically told you not to set up my brother with Viv. | 我特别交代过 不要撮合我弟弟和维芙 |
[07:08] | Yes, but when are you going to stop asking me | 没错 但你能不能别再对我指手画脚 |
[07:10] | not to do things that you know that I’m going to do anyway? | 你明知道我肯定会我行我素 不听你的 |
[07:12] | It puts me in a very uncomfortable position. | 你这样让我很不自在啊 |
[07:19] | This is your fault. | 这都怪你 |
[07:20] | Viv’s eating up my time with my brother. | 维芙抢走了我和我弟弟相处的时间 |
[07:22] | They were out late last night. | 他们昨晚在外面玩到很晚 |
[07:23] | They got back early this morning. | 今天凌晨才回来 |
[07:24] | At this rate, we’re never gonna get to play chess. | 照这样下去 我们没有机会下象棋了 |
[07:26] | I’ll play chess with you. | 我可以陪你下象棋啊 |
[07:28] | Yeah, okay. | 得了吧 |
[07:32] | Hello, all. | 大家好啊 |
[07:34] | Viv and I had the most magical morning | 我和维芙共度了最神奇的早晨 |
[07:37] | strolling through the park, | 我们在公园漫步 |
[07:38] | talking about our lives, our dreams. | 分享我们的生活和梦想 |
[07:40] | Did you know she wants to move into a cottage? | 你们知道她想搬去乡村小屋吗 |
[07:43] | A cottage seems a little small | 小屋感觉小了点吧 |
[07:44] | for a woman with… A child. | 对一个有孩子的女人来说 |
[07:46] | Violet? I love that Viv has a kid. | 维奥莱特吗 我好喜欢维芙有个孩子 |
[07:49] | It’s like having a starter kit. | 简直像有入门工具包一样 |
[07:50] | Starter kit for what? | 什么入门工具包 |
[07:51] | What are you starting? | 你要入什么门 |
[07:52] | A family, I guess. | 组建家庭吧 |
[07:54] | I know I’m getting ahead of myself, | 我知道我想得远了点 |
[07:55] | but I feel like I’m in the middle of a romantic comedy, | 但我感觉自己就像置身于爱情喜剧中 |
[07:58] | where you meet someone, | 我遇见了一个人 |
[07:59] | and 90 minutes later, you’re running through the airport | 90分钟后 我就在机场里狂奔拦人 |
[08:02] | as Liam Neeson cheers you on. | 而连姆·尼森在一旁给我打气 |
[08:05] | It’s “Love, Actually.” | 是《真爱至上》啦 |
[08:06] | It’s infatuation, at best. | 顶多就是一时迷恋而已 |
[08:07] | I hope you don’t mind, | 希望你别介意 |
[08:09] | but I made Viv my plus-one to the lecture. | 但我邀请了维芙陪我出席讲座 |
[08:11] | I mean, you were just coming to be nice, | 毕竟你去只是出于礼貌 |
[08:13] | but Viv is genuinely interested in | 但维芙是真心对 |
[08:15] | the lasting impact that the Norman Conquest had on the Flemish people. | 诺曼征服对佛兰德人的持续影响有兴趣 |
[08:18] | She never shuts up about it. | 她总对这话题说个不停呢 |
[08:19] | So, I’m not going to the lecture? | 那我不去讲座了吗 |
[08:21] | I knew you’d understand. | 我就知道你会理解的 |
[08:22] | Thanks, mate. | 谢了 兄弟 |
[08:26] | We need to put a stop to this. | 我们得制止这一切 |
[08:27] | Oh, honey. You know I never put your needs before mine. | 亲爱的 你知道我从不先满足你的需求 |
[08:32] | Goodbye, old friends. | 再见了 老朋友们 |
[08:34] | How do you feel? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[08:38] | Older. | 长大了一点 |
[08:40] | I think I might even start writing | 我甚至可能开始用 |
[08:41] | with pencils that don’t smell like fruit. | 没有水果味道的铅笔写字 |
[08:46] | So, it’s day dos. | 今天是第二天了 |
[08:48] | What’s life like out of the closet? | 出柜后的生活是什么样的 |
[08:49] | A few whispers. | 有些人窃窃私语 |
[08:50] | My ex-girlfriend walked up to me and said, “That makes sense.” | 我前女友跑来跟我说 “难怪我们会分手” |
[08:52] | Didn’t care for that. | 我不喜欢这一点 |
[08:54] | But overall, pretty good. | 不过总的来说 挺好的 |
[08:55] | Hello, boys. | 你们好啊 |
[08:57] | Don’t mean to interrupt your date, | 不是有意打扰你们约会的 |
[08:58] | but, uh I have a letter of recommendation. | 但我有封推荐信要给你 |
[09:01] | One page? | 就一页 |
[09:02] | This seems more like a “Note” Of recommendation. | 这更像是”推荐字条”吧 |
[09:05] | Oh, this? | 这个吗 |
[09:07] | This is just a rough draft. | 这只是草稿啦 |
[09:08] | I’m going to flesh it out, obviously. | 我还会详细扩写的啦 很明显 |
[09:10] | Obviously. | 很明显 |
[09:12] | And print it on 28-pound cream-linen paper. | 然后用奶白色布纹纸打印出来 字号为28磅 |
[09:14] | Thanks, sport. | 谢了 兄弟 |
[09:19] | Watch this. | 瞧好了 |
[09:20] | Hey, Oliver! | 喂 奥利弗 |
[09:21] | My eyes are up here, not down here! | 我的眼睛在这 不在下面 |
[09:24] | Dude, don’t be like that. | 老兄 别这样 |
[09:26] | So not cool. | 太不厚道了 |
[09:27] | Yeah, what he did took real guts. | 就是啊 他的所为需要很大的勇气 |
[09:28] | Besides, what does that have to do with you? | 再说 这事跟你有什么关系 |
[09:31] | I… | 我… |
[09:37] | Greg’s brother is really into Viv. | 格雷格的弟弟超喜欢维芙 |
[09:39] | He’s talking about delaying his flight back to England | 他说要延迟回英国的航班 |
[09:40] | so he can spend more time with her. | 想多陪陪她 |
[09:42] | What does your Greg have to say about that? | 那你家格雷格对此是何看法 |
[09:44] | He’s mad. | 他超生气 |
[09:45] | But he’s not looking at the big picture. | 但他没看到大局 |
[09:47] | Viv is off my hands. | 维芙现在不烦我了 |
[09:49] | No more walks, no more guilt — | 不用陪她竞走 不用再感到愧疚 |
[09:50] | I think it’s you who’s not seeing the big picture. | 我觉得没看到大局的人是你 |
[09:52] | Yeah, she’s right. | 没错 她说得对 |
[09:54] | If they get serious, | 如果他们认真起来 |
[09:55] | Viv could be your sister-in-law. | 维芙可能成为你的弟媳 |
[09:59] | Don’t you ever say that. | 你敢给我这么说 |
[10:00] | Well, what did you think would happen | 不然你以为你撮合了维芙 |
[10:02] | when you set Viv up with your brother-in-law? | 和你家小叔子在一起会怎样 |
[10:04] | Well, I never think two moves in advance! | 我从不会提前想两步 |
[10:06] | That’s why I’m bad at Connect Four! | 所以我的四子棋玩得超烂 |
[10:08] | Sister-in-laws suck. | 弟媳超烦的 |
[10:09] | All the e-mails, | 那些邮件 |
[10:10] | who’s making what for Thanksgiving, | 感恩节谁该谁做什么菜 |
[10:11] | Christmas spending limits? | 圣诞节的花费上限 |
[10:13] | And you just know she’s gonna want to | 你知道她肯定会想在沙滩上 |
[10:14] | take that family jumping picture on the beach. | 拍全家人都跳起来的照片 |
[10:17] | Ugh, where we’re all barefoot in jeans, | 大家都光脚穿牛仔裤 |
[10:19] | wearing white linen shirts. | 还穿着同款白色亚麻衬衫 |
[10:20] | I mean, don’t worry, though. | 不过别担心 |
[10:21] | I really only saw my sister-in-law a few times a year. | 我一年只见几次弟媳 |
[10:24] | It’s not like she lived in Westport. | 反正她也不住在西港 |
[10:26] | That– That’s a good point, Angela. | 你说得太对了 安吉拉 |
[10:27] | You know, Katie, | 凯蒂 |
[10:29] | remind us — where does Viv live again? | 提醒我们下 维芙住在哪来着 |
[10:32] | Across the street. | 我家对面 |
[10:36] | This is your house. This is her house. | 这是你家 这是她家 |
[10:40] | They’re so close! | 超级近哎 |
[10:41] | Okay. Alright. | 行了 行了 |
[10:45] | Greg?! | 格雷格 |
[10:48] | – What? – We have to break them up. | -怎么了 -我们得拆散他们 |
[10:50] | What is it going to take for you to make me listen to you? | 怎样才能让你逼我听你的 |
[10:52] | Are you trying to make it my fault that you constantly ignore me? | 你是想把自己总无视我的事 怪到我头上 |
[10:54] | Sorry! I’m very flustered right now! | 抱歉啦 我现在心烦意乱 |
[10:57] | And I’m hot! | 而且热得冒烟 |
[11:03] | Viv and Greg are walking up. | 维芙和格雷格过来了 |
[11:04] | Time to destroy their love. | 该摧毁他们的爱了 |
[11:08] | Come sit. We’re gonna have some lunch. | 来坐吧 我们一起吃午饭 |
[11:10] | Didn’t you tell them? | 你没告诉他们吗 |
[11:12] | Oh, shoot. | 糟了 |
[11:12] | Viv made plans for us. | 维芙都已经安排好了 |
[11:14] | I meant to text, | 我本想发信息的 |
[11:15] | but it’s been pretty hard to focus lately. | 但最近总是很难集中注意力 |
[11:17] | A-At least we’ve worked out our couple name. | 至少我们想出了情侣名 |
[11:19] | Right, Griv? | 对吧 叫「格芙」 |
[11:22] | I want to show him my favorite place in town. | 我想带他去看城里我最爱的地方 |
[11:24] | The waxer? | 脱毛师吗 |
[11:25] | No, silly! | 当然不是 小傻子 |
[11:26] | The cannons on Compo Beach. | 是孔波海滩的炮弹 |
[11:28] | It’s where the British invaded | 英军在那侵略了我们 |
[11:30] | and the Americans held them off. | 但美军顽强抵抗赶走了他们 |
[11:31] | Except this American’s gonna let you right in. | 不过这个美国大妞会让你”进来” |
[11:34] | U-S-A! | 美利坚 |
[11:36] | U-S-A! | 美利坚 |
[11:37] | Viv, before you go, why don’t you and I take a power walk? | 维芙 你们走之前 不如我们去竞走吧 |
[11:40] | – Now? – Right now. | -现在吗 -就现在 |
[11:43] | You finally caught the exercise bug? | 「运动馋虫」终于把你磨得受不了了吗 |
[11:45] | I’ve been working on you for years! | 我多年来一直想说服你 |
[11:50] | I wonder if you’ll still have that big, beautiful head | 不知道等你变苗条纤细后还能否拥有 |
[11:52] | when you have that little, tiny body. | 这颗硕大美丽的脑袋了 |
[11:54] | Okay. | 好了 |
[11:55] | I’ll miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[11:56] | The elements be kind to thee | 愿风和日丽 |
[11:57] | and make thy spirits all of comfort — fare thee well. | 使你神清气爽 祝你好运 |
[12:00] | Fare thee weller. | 祝你更好运 |
[12:01] | Not a proper comparative adverb form. | 这不是好运的比较级 |
[12:05] | Well, this gives me a chance to pack. | 正好 我去收拾一下行李 |
[12:07] | But I thought you changed your flight. | 但我以为你改签了 |
[12:08] | I did. I’m moving in to Viv’s. | 是的 我要搬去维芙家 |
[12:13] | How did I not feel this coming? | 我怎么没料到这点呢 |
[12:21] | You can’t go to Viv’s. | 你不能搬去维芙家 |
[12:23] | Why ever not? | 为什么不能 |
[12:23] | Listen, Greg, Viv is just looking for a sugar daddy. | 听着 格雷格 维芙只想找个包养她的干爹 |
[12:27] | What are you talking about? She has a huge house. | 你在胡说什么 她有那么大的房子 |
[12:30] | It’s not hers. She’s broke. | 那不是她的 她已经破产了 |
[12:32] | She’s only with you for your money. | 她只是为了钱才跟你在一起 |
[12:34] | – Really? – Really. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[12:38] | It’s no wonder things are moving so quickly. | 难怪我们进展这么快 |
[12:40] | And why she seems so into the Norman Conquest. | 还有她对诺曼征服那么感兴趣 |
[12:43] | Nobody cares about it that much, British Greg. | 没人真的在乎那玩意儿 英国格雷格 |
[12:46] | I do. | 我在乎 |
[12:47] | I wasted so much time with her | 我在她身上浪费了好多时间 |
[12:49] | when I should have been hanging out with you. | 我本该用那些时间跟你待在一起 |
[12:52] | I just got so caught up in everything. | 我太沉迷于美色 |
[12:53] | It sounds so silly now, | 现在我感觉好傻 |
[12:56] | but I think that was the first time I’d ever been in love. | 但我觉得这是我人生头一回爱上别人 |
[12:58] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:59] | I suppose life doesn’t work like a romantic comedy | 大概现实生活并不像浪漫爱情喜剧 |
[13:02] | ’cause it lasts a lot longer than an hour and a half | 因为它的时长不止一个半小时 |
[13:04] | and, it seems, has no happy ending. | 而且看起来也没有美好结局 |
[13:07] | Turns out I’m not Prime Minister Hugh Grant. | 原来我不是首相休·格兰特 |
[13:10] | I’m just department store Mr. Bean. | 只是杂货店的憨豆先生 |
[13:14] | Maybe a game of chess will cheer you up. | 也许来一局象棋能让你开心起来 |
[13:23] | I’ll get started. You’ll get into it. | 我先下 你会慢慢进入状态的 |
[13:28] | Viv, you’re moving too fast. | 维芙 你太快了 |
[13:30] | I know it seems like it, | 我知道表面看上去如此 |
[13:31] | but things just feel so right with Greg. | 但跟格雷格在一起感觉很对 |
[13:33] | No, I’m talking about us. Walking. | 不 我说的是我们 竞走 |
[13:36] | But also about British Greg. | 但你和英国格雷格也是 |
[13:37] | You don’t even know him. | 你都不了解他 |
[13:39] | I know all I need to know. | 我知道我需要知道的一切 |
[13:40] | And his name is Greg Otto. | 他也叫格雷格·奥图 |
[13:44] | Oh my God! Katie. | 天呐 凯蒂 |
[13:46] | We could both be Mrs. Greg Ottos. | 我们以后都是格雷格·奥图太太 |
[13:49] | We could do one of those awesome family photos | 我们可以拍那种超酷的家庭合照 |
[13:52] | where we all wear matching outfits on the beach. | 穿着一模一样的衣服在海滩上拍 |
[13:56] | British Greg is only looking to marry someone | 英国格雷格只想娶个美国人 |
[13:57] | so that he can get his green card, | 好换来绿卡 |
[13:59] | and then he’s going to dump them after. | 之后他就会甩了那个女人 |
[14:02] | What? | 什么 |
[14:04] | Greg told me. | 格雷格告诉我的 |
[14:05] | This is why you wanted to walk with me? | 这才是你拉我出来竞走的原因吗 |
[14:07] | To tell me? It’s not because you like walks? | 为了告诉我这个 而非你喜欢竞走 |
[14:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:13] | Two betrayals at once. | 两种背叛同时袭来 |
[14:16] | It just felt so real with Greg. | 只是感觉跟格雷格在一起好真实 |
[14:18] | How could it have been real? | 怎么可能真实 |
[14:20] | You weren’t even acting like yourself. | 你都没表现出你真实的自我 |
[14:22] | Well, that’s the thing — | 问题就在这 |
[14:24] | with him, I was being myself. | 跟他在一起时 那就是真实的我 |
[14:27] | My old self. | 原来的我 |
[14:28] | The person I was before I came to this town | 来这儿之前的我 |
[14:30] | and got so caught up in the culture of | 陷入各种语言攻击 |
[14:32] | “Who are you wearing?” “Who makes that bag?” | 例如”你穿的什么啊” “谁会做那种包啊” |
[14:34] | “Why are you friends with Katie?” | “你为什么和凯蒂做朋友” |
[14:36] | I’m so sorry. | 我真抱歉 |
[14:39] | If it helps, I didn’t call a car to come pick me up. | 如果这算是一点安慰 我没叫车来接我 |
[14:41] | You probably should. | 也许你该叫车 |
[14:45] | I think I need to be alone right now. | 我现在想一个人待着 |
[14:48] | Come on. Let’s walk. | 别这样 我们来走路啊 |
[14:50] | We’ll talk! | 我们谈谈 |
[14:53] | Okay, well, I’m obviously not doing that. | 好吧 我可不想跑步 |
[14:58] | How do I look? | 我看上去怎么样 |
[14:58] | Like the school’s newest Distinguished Pupil. | 很像学校最新的杰出学生 |
[15:00] | Being gay has really worked out well for you. And me. | 你出柜效果不错 对我也是 |
[15:03] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:04] | I can’t even count the number of girls telling me | 有数不清的女孩跟我说 |
[15:05] | how sensitive and evolved I am for having a gay best friend. | 我有多敏感和高尚 我最好的朋友竟然是同性恋 |
[15:09] | You’re like walking a really cute dog. | 跟你走在一起就像在遛一只小萌狗 |
[15:10] | You’re so bad. | 你好坏哟 |
[15:12] | I think I can say stuff like that now. | 我觉得我现在可以说这种话了 |
[15:15] | You guys need to see what Will just posted. | 你们得看看威尔刚发布的视频 |
[15:18] | Hi, everyone! | 大家好 |
[15:19] | I need to tell you something. | 我有事跟你们说 |
[15:21] | First, I owe Oliver Otto an apology | 首先 我欠奥利弗·奥图一个道歉 |
[15:24] | for that post I made up about him. | 我不该散布他的谣言 |
[15:27] | Oliver, you’re a good guy | 奥利弗 你是个好人 |
[15:28] | who went out of his way to show me | 他费尽心思地让我明白 |
[15:30] | I could live a happy life as my honest self. | 即使做真实的自己 我也可以过得开心 |
[15:34] | Oliver’s not gay. | 奥利弗不是同性恋 |
[15:37] | I am. | 我才是 |
[15:41] | Look at that. He just came out. | 看看 他刚出柜了 |
[15:43] | And you just got in’d. | 你也”入柜”了 |
[15:45] | That’s too bad. | 那真是太遗憾了 |
[15:45] | You were so interesting for a while. | 你作为同性恋挺有趣的 |
[15:57] | Where is your brother? | 你弟弟呢 |
[15:58] | I have to talk to him. | 我有话跟他说 |
[15:59] | The plan worked. | 计划奏效了 |
[15:59] | He’s on his way to the train station | 他正在去火车站的路上 |
[16:01] | so he can catch his original flight. | 去赶原本的航班 |
[16:02] | He was pretty upset, but it was the right thing to do. | 他挺失落的 但我们做得对 |
[16:04] | It was the wrong thing to do. | 我们做错了 |
[16:07] | What Viv and Greg had was real, | 维芙和格雷格的感情是真的 |
[16:09] | and we ruined it. | 但被我们毁了 |
[16:10] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[16:13] | Wait. | 等等 |
[16:15] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[16:16] | My brother’s heart is broken. I can feel it. | 我弟弟心碎了 我能感觉到 |
[16:17] | Call him. | 打给他 |
[16:21] | – This is Greg. – Straight to voicemail. | -我是格雷格 -直接转到语音信箱了 |
[16:22] | Alright. We’re going to the train station. | 好吧 我们要去火车站 |
[16:24] | What about Viv? | 维芙怎么办 |
[16:25] | We have to find her. | 我们得找到她 |
[16:26] | We were running, and I lost her. | 我们当时在跑 我跟丢了 |
[16:28] | Okay, she was running, and I walked home. | 好吧 她在跑 我走回来了 |
[16:31] | I called an Uber, but I met it at the corner. | 我叫了网约车 但车在拐角处接的我 |
[16:34] | Alright, it met me at my exact location. | 好吧 车在我原本的位置接的我 |
[16:36] | You broke me. You happy now? | 你攻破了我的伪装 现在高兴了吗 |
[16:44] | I hear the garbage truck. | 我听到垃圾车来了 |
[16:45] | This is really the end of — | 这真的是结束了 |
[16:47] | What the hell is that?! | 那是什么 |
[16:49] | Oh, it’s my last Barbie. | 是我最后的芭比 |
[16:50] | The only one who survived that day. | 那天唯一的幸存者 |
[16:53] | I watched from the window | 我在窗户边看着 |
[16:54] | as the truck slowly crushed my dolls. | 垃圾车慢慢地毁掉我的娃娃们 |
[16:57] | I can still hear their screams — | 我还能听到尖叫声 |
[16:59] | “You’re killing me!” | “你要杀死我了” |
[17:00] | “Why is this happening?” | “为什么会这样” |
[17:01] | “I had a house in Malibu!” | “我原本在马里布有家的” |
[17:03] | You made it sound like it was no big deal. | 你之前说的好像没什么大不了的啊 |
[17:05] | Turns out it was actually super traumatizing. | 实际上那给我造成了非常大的精神创伤 |
[17:07] | I ran downstairs as the truck drove away, | 随着车慢慢开走 我跑下楼 |
[17:09] | and I found her by the curb next to the trash bin. | 接着我在垃圾箱旁边的路边发现了她 |
[17:12] | She must have jumped out at the last minute. | 她肯定是在最后一刻跳了出来 |
[17:14] | It’s a good thing I dressed her in her high-tops. | 还好我给她穿的是高帮运动鞋 |
[17:16] | Well, what are we gonna do now? | 我们现在该怎么办 |
[17:17] | Let’s go get those ponies! | 我们去夺回你的小马们 |
[17:26] | Viv, let’s go get your man. | 维芙 我们去找你的男人 |
[17:29] | In that car? | 坐这辆车吗 |
[17:31] | Shut up and get in. | 闭嘴 上车 |
[17:37] | You can’t park here! | 你不能在这儿停车 |
[17:38] | We have to! She’s in love! | 我们必须停这儿 她坠入爱河了 |
[17:41] | I didn’t realize! | 我不知道啊 |
[17:42] | Train 638 to Grand Central Station | 开往中央车站的638号火车 |
[17:44] | now arriving at Platform Two. | 现在到达2号站台 |
[17:46] | Oh, no. I don’t see him! | 不好 我看不到他 |
[17:50] | Greg, do you feel him? | 格雷格 你能感受到他吗 |
[17:53] | I’m kidding. That whole thing is stupid. | 我开玩笑的 心灵感应这事太蠢了 |
[18:05] | You can’t steal my childhood! | 你不能偷走我的童年 |
[18:07] | – Do you live here? – Yeah. | -你住这儿吗 -是的 |
[18:09] | Tell your parents to start tipping at the holidays. | 告诉你父母 在节日时记得给小费 |
[18:17] | There he is! | 他在那儿 |
[18:18] | – Greg! – Greg! | -格雷格 -格雷格 |
[18:19] | – Katie. – Greg?! | -凯蒂 -格雷格 |
[18:23] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[18:24] | You’re not going anywhere. | 你不能离开 |
[18:25] | – Viv, Greg told me… – I was lying. | -维芙 格雷格告诉我… -我说谎了 |
[18:28] | They can’t be trusted. | 不能相信他们 |
[18:31] | Please stay. | 请留下来 |
[18:34] | I would love to. | 我求之不得 |
[18:46] | They seem genuinely happy together. | 他们在一起 看上去真的很幸福 |
[18:48] | Even if it’s not what’s best for us, | 虽然对我们不是最好的选择 |
[18:50] | we did the right thing. | 但我们做得对 |
[18:55] | Don’t tell Viv, | 别告诉维芙 |
[18:57] | but I got the better Greg. | 但我得到了更好的格雷格 |
[19:07] | Come play with me and Violet. | 来跟我和维奥莱特一起玩 |
[19:09] | I’m watching her while Viv and Uncle Greg are with Mom and Dad. | 维芙和格雷格叔叔跟爸妈在一起 我帮忙照看她 |
[19:12] | Are those my ponies? | 那些是我的小马吗 |
[19:13] | Violet found the box. | 是维奥莱特找到了箱子 |
[19:22] | Hi, Violet. | 嗨 维奥莱特 |
[19:25] | You like these ponies? | 你喜欢这些小马吗 |
[19:27] | They need a good home. | 它们需要一个好人家 |
[19:28] | You can take them with you, if you’d like. | 如果你想要 可以把它们带走 |
[19:34] | I want you to meet Sergeant Sparkles. | 我想让你见见火花小队长 |
[19:36] | He’s my favorite. | 他是我的最爱 |
[19:37] | If you ever get scared or just need a friend… | 如果你感到害怕 或需要朋友时 |
[19:41] | I promise he’ll always watch over you. | 我保证他会一直守护你 |
[19:44] | Because his eyes never close. | 因为他从不闭眼 |
[19:47] | I’m really proud of you. | 我真为你骄傲 |
[19:49] | You just made The Jump. | 你刚从小孩跨越成大人了 |
[19:51] | I did. | 是啊 |
[19:54] | You should give her your Barbie. | 你该把你的芭比给她 |
[19:58] | No. | 不行 |
[20:09] | Well, well, well. | 哟 哟 哟 |
[20:10] | Look who’s no longer a member of a protected class. | 瞧瞧谁不再是受保护群体的成员了 |
[20:15] | Obviously, Distinguished Pupil is out of the question. | 显然 「杰出学生」没你的份了 |
[20:19] | Here’s the recommendation I missed “NCIS” to write. | 这是我错过一集《海军罪案调查处》给你写的推荐信 |
[20:27] | Here’s the real one. | 这是真正的信 |
[20:31] | Detention. | 留校察看 |
[20:33] | See you then, sport. | 到时见 小子 |