时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | I know it’s Christmas, Mom, | 我知道这是圣诞节 妈 |
[00:12] | but I think you have to stay home with Dad. | 但我觉得你最好待在家里陪爸爸 |
[00:14] | He needs you to take care of him right now. | 他现在需要你的照顾 |
[00:18] | I’m sad, too. | 我也很难过 |
[00:20] | Bye, Mom. | 拜 妈 |
[00:24] | What’s with the happy dance? | 怎么跳起快乐舞了 |
[00:26] | Remember how my dad’s foot surgery | 还记得我爸的脚部手术 |
[00:28] | was supposed to be healed by now? | 本该现在痊愈的吗 |
[00:29] | It did, but great news. | 确实痊愈了 但好消息 |
[00:30] | The bone set wrong, and they had to rebreak it. | 骨头接歪了 他们得打断重接 |
[00:32] | How lucky is that? | 太幸运了 |
[00:34] | You’re a regular Clara Barton. | 你可真是克拉拉·巴顿 |
[00:35] | It’s not an insult if I don’t know who you’re talking about. | 如果我不知道你说的是谁 那就不算侮辱 |
[00:38] | – True. – I’m gonna miss my dad, | -也对 -我会想念我爸 |
[00:40] | but with my mother not being here, | 但既然我妈不来 |
[00:41] | I will finally be able to make | 我终于可以和泰勒一起 |
[00:43] | my Nana’s Bavarian Meat Tree with Taylor. | 做我外婆的巴伐利亚肉树 |
[00:46] | What are you signing me up for? | 你想让我做什么 |
[00:47] | It’s this tradition I always did with her. | 是一项我经常和她做的传统 |
[00:49] | It’s a mini Christmas tree | 就是棵小圣诞树 |
[00:51] | made of sausage, lunch meats, and meatballs. | 原料为香肠 午餐肉和肉球 |
[00:54] | For Christmas this year, I want to not do that. | 今年的圣诞节 我希望不做那个 |
[00:56] | You’re gonna love it so much! | 你会非常喜欢的 |
[00:58] | If it’s so great, then why’d you stop doing it? | 既然那么棒 你为什么之前不做了 |
[01:00] | After Nana died, my mother banned it. | 外婆去世后 我妈就不让我做了 |
[01:02] | With your parents not coming and my parents not coming, | 你父母不来 我父母也不来 |
[01:04] | it’s just gonna be us. | 那就剩我们了 |
[01:07] | You still haven’t talked to Grandpa? It’s been two years. | 你还是不和爷爷说话吗 已经两年了 |
[01:09] | Well, since he told me he had a second family in England | 自从他告诉我他在英国还有第二个家 |
[01:11] | and I have a brother that I’ve never met — | 我还有一个我从没见过的弟弟 |
[01:13] | also named Greg — | 也叫格雷格 |
[01:14] | Are we allowed to laugh at that yet? | 我们现在可以取笑了吗 |
[01:16] | No! | 不行 |
[01:17] | Anyway, I haven’t really been in the mood | 总之 我一直没什么心情 |
[01:19] | to call up my parents and see what’s shakin’. | 给我父母打电话问好了 |
[01:22] | I’m sorry, Dad. | 我很遗憾 爸 |
[01:24] | It’s a little weird that it’s Christmas | 过圣诞节 却没有其他家人过来 |
[01:25] | and there’s no other family coming. | 总觉得有点怪怪的 |
[01:27] | It’s kind of depressing, actually. | 实际上让人有点沮丧 |
[01:28] | All I know is, less relatives means less gifts. | 我只知道 亲戚”较少”意味着礼物”较少” |
[01:31] | You mean “fewer” relatives means “fewer” gifts. | 你是说亲戚”越少”礼物”越少” |
[01:34] | Hey, Dad? Literally no one cares. | 老爸 真的没人在乎 |
[01:36] | Speaking of gifts, I got you | 说到礼物 今年我给你准备了 |
[01:38] | the perfect Greg Otto gift this year. | 最完美的格雷格·奥图礼物 |
[01:40] | I put a lot of thought into it. | 我花了很多心思 |
[01:42] | I didn’t just give you the Starbucks gift card | 我不光把我忘记给安娜凯特老师的 |
[01:44] | that I forgot to give Anna-Kat’s teacher. | 星巴克礼品券送给你 |
[01:45] | I can’t wait. | 我等不及了 |
[01:47] | Maybe this won’t be so bad. | 也许这也没那么糟糕 |
[01:48] | Maybe less family means less drama. | 也许家人少一些 就没有那么多抓马了 |
[01:49] | Don’t you mean “fewer” family means “fewer” drama? | 你是想说家人”越少”抓马”越少”吧 |
[01:52] | – Oliver, no! I made that! – Get out of my face! | -奥利弗 不 我亲手做的 -别烦我 |
[01:55] | Oliver, what did you do? | 奥利弗 你做了什么 |
[01:57] | He broke the chimney off my gingerbread house. | 他毁了我姜饼屋的烟囱 |
[02:00] | It’s food! | 这是吃的 |
[02:01] | I built that with Dad! | 我和爸爸一起建的 |
[02:02] | You wrecked the whole ventilation system. | 你毁了整个通风系统 |
[02:04] | There’s a vanilla wafer furnace! | 原本有香草饼做的炉子的 |
[02:06] | Stop ruining our drama-free Christmas! | 别再破坏我们平静的圣诞节了 |
[02:07] | Now, go upstairs and do something together. | 现在上楼 一起做点什么 |
[02:10] | Without fighting, or Christmas is canceled! | 别再打架 不然就取消圣诞节 |
[02:12] | Remember what we said about | 记得我们之前谈过的吗 |
[02:14] | making threats we can’t follow through on? | 别施加无法贯彻执行的威胁 |
[02:15] | Who are you to talk? | 你怎么有脸来说我 |
[02:16] | You potty-trained all three of them | 你训练他们三个使用坐便器 |
[02:17] | by threatening if they didn’t stop using diapers, | 施加的威胁就是 如果他们继续用尿布 |
[02:19] | Elmo would quit show business. | 《芝麻街》的艾摩就会退出演艺圈 |
[02:30] | Hey, mom. | 嘿 老妈 |
[02:30] | One sec. I’m tracking Dad’s surprise Christmas gift. | 等一下 我正在追踪你爸的惊喜圣诞礼物 |
[02:33] | It’s exactly what he needs this year. | 那正是他今年所需要的 |
[02:35] | Don’t ask what it is, because I’m not going to tell you. | 别问是什么 因为我不会告诉你的 |
[02:37] | I won’t, because I have zero interest. | 我不会问的 因为我没兴趣 |
[02:39] | I’ll tell you if you guess. | 如果你猜的话 我就告诉你 |
[02:40] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[02:41] | Surfboard? | 冲浪板 |
[02:42] | That was a terrible guess. | 你猜得太糟糕了 |
[02:43] | It was better when you didn’t even care. | 还不如你根本不在乎呢 |
[02:47] | This is so much meat! | 好多肉啊 |
[02:48] | I know! I’m handing down the family meat-tree tradition. | 我知道 我要把家族肉树的传统传承下去 |
[02:52] | I can’t believe this is what I inherit. | 不敢相信我要继承这个 |
[02:54] | Don’t you have any jewelry? | 你没什么珠宝之类的吗 |
[02:56] | No, you get a meat tree. | 没有 你只能得到肉树 |
[03:00] | I’m sorry I ate your chimney, so let me make it up to you. | 抱歉我吃了你的烟囱 让我补偿你 |
[03:06] | Wait. This is where Mom and Dad hide all our presents? | 等下 爸爸妈妈把我们的礼物都藏在这里吗 |
[03:10] | In their closet? Not smart. | 藏在柜子里 不太聪明的样子 |
[03:12] | Nope. We are fighting an uphill battle genetically. | 是啊 我们要逆转愚蠢基因得打一场硬仗 |
[03:17] | Mine. | 我的 |
[03:19] | Taylor’s. | 泰勒的 |
[03:20] | Yours. | 你的 |
[03:24] | Feels like another junior-executive pencil set. | 像是又一套办公室文员的铅笔套装 |
[03:27] | What part of “I’ll just take the cash” do they not understand? | 他们怎么就听不懂”给我钱就行” |
[03:32] | Oh, this unwrapped one has no card. | 这个没包的礼物没有卡片 |
[03:33] | It’s probably for me. | 应该是给我的 |
[03:35] | Says who? | 谁说的 |
[03:36] | I do! | 我说的 |
[03:40] | Oh, no! We broke Mom’s serving platter. | 不好 我们把老妈的食物托盘摔坏了 |
[03:42] | Mom uses it every Christmas. | 老妈每个圣诞节都用的 |
[03:45] | We’re so dead. | 我们死定了 |
[03:46] | No one has to know. I can fix this. | 没人需要知道 我可以修好 |
[03:48] | How? It’s completely broken. | 怎么修 完全摔碎了 |
[03:50] | Do you know how many things I’ve broken in this house | 你知道这幢房子里有多少我摔坏了 |
[03:52] | and glued back together with no one noticing? | 又粘回去 没人察觉的东西吗 |
[04:02] | I can fix this thing. No problem. | 我可以修好这盘子 没问题的 |
[04:04] | I don’t think I could handle seeing the disappointed look | 我觉得我承受不了老妈发现我们摔碎盘子后 |
[04:06] | on Mom’s face if she found out we broke it. | 脸上失望的表情 |
[04:08] | That would kill me. | 那会让我难受死的 |
[04:09] | That’s the beauty — there’s no guilt. | 好就好在 不用感到愧疚 |
[04:11] | Because I do such a great job at fixing things, | 因为我修东西的手艺完美无缺 |
[04:13] | there are never any consequences. | 从来不会有任何后果 |
[04:15] | Have you ever broken anything of mine and not told me? | 你有没有摔坏过我的东西 却没有告诉我 |
[04:18] | Never. | 没有 |
[04:25] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[04:26] | Clever girl. | 聪明 |
[04:32] | This is so nasty. | 太恶心了 |
[04:33] | I can’t get the meat rolls to stick. | 我没法固定住肉卷 |
[04:35] | I know. My grandmother made it look easy. | 我懂 我外婆搞起来像是很容易一样 |
[04:37] | But we’re making memories. | 但我们在创造回忆 |
[04:39] | Not good ones. | 不是什么美好回忆 |
[04:41] | Nobody get the door except Dad! | 除了爸爸 谁都不能去开门 |
[04:43] | Greg! Your present’s here! | 格雷格 你的礼物到了 |
[04:46] | Maybe it’s Amazon with the | 或许是亚马逊送来的 |
[04:47] | “Big Book of Shakespearean Insults” I asked for. | 《莎士比亚骂人词句大权》 |
[04:49] | “Methink’st thou art a general offense | “你不受众人待见 |
[04:51] | and every man should beat thee”! | 任何人都应该对你拳脚相见” |
[04:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:58] | Hello. Are you Greg Otto? | 你好 你是格雷格·奥图吗 |
[05:00] | Yeah. | 我是 |
[05:01] | I’m Greg Otto, too. | 我也是格雷格·奥图 |
[05:02] | What’s that, now? | 你说什么 |
[05:03] | Greg, this is Greg, | 格雷格 这位是格雷格 |
[05:06] | your half-brother from your father’s secret family | 你爸在英国的秘密家庭里搞出来的 |
[05:08] | all the way from England. | 你同父异母的弟弟 |
[05:10] | I told you | 我跟你说了 |
[05:11] | I got you the perfect Greg Otto gift! | 我给你准备了完美的格雷格·奥图礼物 |
[05:13] | You’re my half-brother. | 你是我的「半哥哥」 |
[05:15] | But I’m going to give you a full hug. | 但我要给你一个满满的拥抱 |
[05:18] | I said I wanted the Shakespeare book. | 我说了我想要莎士比亚相关的书 |
[05:20] | Shakespeare! | 莎士比亚 |
[05:23] | Brother! | 哥哥 |
[05:28] | So, I bet you’re wondering how all of this happened, Greg. | 我猜你一定很好奇这都是怎么发生的 格雷格 |
[05:31] | No, it’s pretty clear how this happened. | 不 这个过程是很明显的 |
[05:34] | I met a cute girl when I was a TA, | 我当助教时认识了一位姑娘 |
[05:35] | and now I’m here. | 结果就陷入了这个境地 |
[05:37] | A few weeks back, I found out from Father | 几星期之前 我从爸爸那里得知 |
[05:40] | that I have a long-lost brother in the Colonies. | 我在殖民地有一个失散已久的哥哥 |
[05:43] | That means America. | 也就是美国 |
[05:44] | Everyone knows that. | 是个人都知道 |
[05:46] | Well, that’s where you’re wrong, Oliver, | 你错了 奥利弗 |
[05:47] | because I don’t know that. | 因为我不知道 |
[05:48] | Look at you, making me feel stupid. | 瞧瞧你啊 让我觉得自己很蠢 |
[05:51] | Well, as luck would have it, when I tracked you down, | 幸运的是 当我找到你的下落时 |
[05:53] | your lovely wife happened to answer the phone. | 你可爱的妻子接了电话 |
[05:56] | That was lucky. | 真是幸运啊 |
[05:57] | I’m a lucky guy. | 我真是个幸运的男人 |
[05:58] | While we spoke, I mentioned I was coming to lecture at Yale. | 我们通电话时 我提到了我会来耶鲁大学开讲座 |
[06:01] | And I said, “Let’s keep this a secret | 然后我说 “我们守住这个秘密 |
[06:03] | and have you come over as a surprise gift for Christmas.” | 让你圣诞节过来 作为惊喜礼物” |
[06:06] | British Gregs are flying off the shelves this year. | 英国格雷格今年很受欢迎啊 |
[06:11] | It’s so cool we have a British uncle. | 太酷了 我们有个英国叔叔 |
[06:14] | Here. What’s this called? | 瞧瞧 这叫什么 |
[06:15] | A biscuit. | 点心 |
[06:16] | Aw, man, that is not what we call it here at all. | 天啊 我们在这里根本不这么叫 |
[06:20] | Chiseled face, charming accent. | 轮廓分明的脸 迷人的口音 |
[06:22] | Would it be okay if I called you “Dad”? | 你介意我称你为父亲吗 |
[06:24] | Oliver! | 奥利弗 |
[06:24] | Shh, Greg. I’m talking to my dad. | 安静 格雷格 我在和我爸说话 |
[06:26] | So, uh… | 话说… |
[06:28] | how did it come up with Father that you have a brother? | 父亲是怎么跟你提起你还有个哥哥的 |
[06:31] | He told me while he was in London | 他去伦敦参加 |
[06:33] | for the Charles Dickens Holiday Festival. | 查尔斯·狄更斯节的时候告诉我的 |
[06:35] | We’ve gone together every year since I was a boy. | 从我小时候起 我们就每年都一起参加 |
[06:37] | How nice. | 真好啊 |
[06:38] | The only place he ever took me was the travel agent | 他只带我去过旅行社 |
[06:40] | so that he could buy his plane tickets — | 让他能买机票 |
[06:44] | …to England. | 去英国 |
[06:49] | Interesting tidbit — | 小趣闻 |
[06:50] | not only are you both professors, | 你们两个不仅都是教授 |
[06:52] | but you’re both authors, too. | 而且都是作家 |
[06:55] | That’s right. Greg, | 没错 格雷格 |
[06:56] | I read your John Stuart Mill book on the plane. | 我在飞机上看了你关于约翰·斯图尔特·米尔的书 |
[06:58] | I absolutely loved it. | 我非常喜欢 |
[06:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[07:05] | You need to say something to him right now. | 你现在得对他说点什么 |
[07:07] | Talk to him. Say something! | 跟他说话 说点什么 |
[07:11] | What’s your book about? | 你的书是关于什么的 |
[07:12] | Books, technically. | 准确地说应该是很多书 |
[07:14] | It’s a series of novels about the Norman Conquest. | 是一系列关于诺曼征服的小说 |
[07:17] | A series? Wow. | 一系列 哇 |
[07:19] | I mean, don’t feel obligated to read it. | 别觉得有义务去看 |
[07:22] | It’s a lot. | 确实很多本 |
[07:23] | Uh, just wait for it to come out in theaters. | 就等着电影院上映就好 |
[07:24] | Unless you don’t like George Clooney. Then just skip it. | 除非你不喜欢乔治·克鲁尼 那就别看了 |
[07:27] | Dad, this is crazy. | 爸 这太疯狂了 |
[07:28] | Uncle Greg is exactly like you, | 格雷格叔叔跟你一模一样 |
[07:30] | only the way-better version. | 只不过是出色很多的进化版 |
[07:32] | What an astute observation, son. | 这都被你发现了 厉害 儿子 |
[07:34] | No, seriously. | 不 说真的 |
[07:35] | He’s Restoration Hardware, | 他就像是国际知名家居品牌 |
[07:36] | and you’re whatever discount brand this couch is. | 你就像是不入流的小品牌 跟这沙发一样 |
[07:39] | Katie, could you help me change the toner on the printer? | 凯蒂 能帮我换一下打印机的墨盒吗 |
[07:43] | Why don’t you ask Oliver — | 你怎么不让奥利弗帮忙 |
[07:44] | It needs to be you, and it needs to be now. | 必须是你 必须是现在 |
[07:49] | Is…? | 是… |
[07:50] | So, if you’re looking for the bathroom, what do you say? | 所以如果你要找厕所 你会怎么说 |
[07:53] | “Which way to the loo?” | “盥洗室怎么走” |
[07:54] | Amazing. | 太神奇了 |
[07:55] | Clear your Monday. I’m taking you to show-and-tell. | 把周一空出来 我要带你去班里做展示说明 |
[07:58] | Ah, okay. | 好的 |
[08:00] | Just wondering out loud, but what made you think for the holidays, | 我只想知道 你为什么会觉得大过节的 |
[08:03] | I would want a visit from my father’s illegitimate love child? | 我会希望我爸的私生子来拜访我们 |
[08:06] | Well, I asked Doris and Angela, | 我问了多瑞丝和安吉拉 |
[08:08] | and they said I definitely should. | 她们说我应该这么做 |
[08:10] | – Definitely don’t do that. – That is the worst idea I’ve ever heard. | -别这么做 -这是我听过的最糟糕的主意了 |
[08:13] | You know what? I’m gonna do it. | 不 我就要这么做 |
[08:15] | I just thought | 我只是觉得 |
[08:15] | it would be nice for you to have more family in your life | 让更多家人进入你的生活 对你有好处 |
[08:17] | since you stopped talking to your parents. | 毕竟你跟你的父母都不来往了 |
[08:19] | I don’t need more family in my life, | 我不需要更多家人进入我的生活 |
[08:20] | and I don’t need you meddling in my business. | 而且我不需要你干预我的事 |
[08:22] | That’s a wife’s job. I’m mucking around in your pond. | 那是妻子的职责 我要搅动你的池塘 |
[08:25] | – What? – Your pond. Your emotional pond. | -什么 -你的池塘 你的情感池塘 |
[08:27] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[08:28] | On the surface, a pond is still and tranquil. | 表面上看 池塘是平静不动的 |
[08:30] | You got to get down to the bottom | 你得去到池塘底部 |
[08:31] | and bring all the bad stuff up. | 把坏东西给搅上来 |
[08:33] | Why would you want to do that?! | 你为什么想这么做 |
[08:34] | To heal? I don’t know. | 为了治愈 我不知道 |
[08:35] | I don’t write the Lifetime movies, Greg. | 我又不是生活台电影的编剧 格雷格 |
[08:36] | I just watch them. | 我只负责观看 |
[08:38] | Now, listen — I love you, and I’m trying to help you. | 听着 我爱你 我想要帮你 |
[08:41] | So go out there and appreciate it. | 所以赶紧出去 并心存感激 |
[08:44] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[08:47] | But for the record, are we really sure he is who he says he is? | 不过说真的 我们确定他就是他自称的那个人吗 |
[08:50] | He could be grifting us. | 他可能是个诈骗犯 |
[08:51] | I’ll be sure to lock up our collection of ketchup packets. | 我会确保把我们收藏的番茄酱包都锁好的 |
[08:59] | Look! Uncle Greg figured out how to make the meat rolls stick. | 看 格雷格叔叔搞清楚怎么固定住肉卷了 |
[09:02] | I spent a little time in Bavaria. | 我在巴伐利亚待过一阵 |
[09:04] | I know my way around a meat tree. | 我知道怎么做肉树 |
[09:05] | What were you doing there? | 你去那里做什么 |
[09:06] | I guess just being handsome and younger than me. | 我猜就是保持英俊并比我年轻吧 |
[09:27] | Looks good. | 看着不错 |
[09:29] | Fan me. | 给我电扇 |
[09:34] | What do we do now? | 我们现在要做什么 |
[09:35] | We’ll wait for it to dry. | 我们等它干了就行了 |
[09:37] | In the meantime, we’ll go downstairs and act natural. | 在此期间 我们下楼 表现自然点 |
[09:39] | I don’t like lying to Mom. | 我不喜欢对老妈说谎 |
[09:41] | It’s not a lie. It’s a cover-up. | 这不是说谎 这只是掩饰 |
[09:43] | Like how the moon landing was filmed on a soundstage in Arizona? | 就像登月行动是在亚利桑那的电影棚里拍摄的一样吗 |
[09:47] | The Internet is not good for you. | 网络对你没好处 |
[09:49] | I’m just grabbing Nana’s platter. | 我去拿外婆的托盘 |
[09:50] | Then I’m coming right back to meat tree it up! | 然后我就回来装好肉树 |
[09:53] | She’s coming up for the platter. We’re so busted! | 她上来取托盘了 我们要被发现了 |
[09:56] | Relax. | 放轻松 |
[09:57] | We’ll do that thing where we fight in front of her | 我们只需要在她面前吵架 |
[09:59] | and she gets annoyed and then forgets | 让她心烦 然后她就会忘掉 |
[10:00] | what she was gonna do in the first place. | 她一开始想做什么了 |
[10:08] | Follow me. | 照我的意思做 |
[10:12] | Mom, Oliver ate all the | 妈 奥利弗吃掉了 |
[10:14] | M&M’s out of my giant Christmas candy cane. | 我圣诞拐杖糖盒里的所有巧克力豆 |
[10:16] | I didn’t see your name on it! | 上面又没你的名字 |
[10:18] | My name is literally written on it | 上面用闪闪发光的绿色大字母 |
[10:19] | in huge, green, sparkly letters! | 写着我的名字呢 |
[10:22] | – Well, maybe if you… – Hey, can you guys please stop? | -如果你… -别吵了行吗 |
[10:24] | All I want for Christmas is for you two to get along. | 我圣诞节唯一的心愿就是你们能和平共处 |
[10:26] | Is that too much to ask? | 这要求过分吗 |
[10:28] | – No. – No. | -不过分 -不过分 |
[10:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:30] | Wait. Why did I come up here? | 等等 我上楼是要干什么来着 |
[10:32] | To ask us to come downstairs and visit more with Uncle Greg? | 来叫我们下去多陪陪格雷格叔叔 |
[10:35] | Oh, right! | 没错 |
[10:37] | Don’t take long. | 赶紧的 |
[10:40] | You just controlled her mind. | 你操纵了她的思想 |
[10:42] | You’re like that fungus that gets into an ant’s brain, | 你就像那种侵入蚂蚁脑内的真菌 |
[10:44] | then makes the ant climb to the top of a tree | 操纵蚂蚁爬上树顶 |
[10:46] | and then blows up the ant’s head | 然后炸烂蚂蚁的脑袋 |
[10:48] | so the fungal spores go all over the forest. | 这样真菌孢子就能传遍整片森林 |
[10:51] | Yeah, I guess I am. | 是啊 差不多吧 |
[10:58] | Hope you don’t mind. | 希望你别介意 |
[10:59] | Just snooping around your office a bit. | 我稍微探查了下你的办公室 |
[11:01] | Ah, these photos of your family are lovely. | 你们的家庭照看起来真幸福啊 |
[11:04] | All I have on my walls are degrees and awards. | 我家墙上挂着的都是学位证书和奖项 |
[11:07] | Yeah. We all get it. | 好了 我们都知道了 |
[11:09] | You’re the more successful brother. Congrats. | 你是两兄弟中更成功的那个 恭喜了 |
[11:11] | What? | 什么 |
[11:12] | Oh, no, you’ve got it all wrong. | 不 你误会大发了 |
[11:13] | You’ve got the lovely wife and the three amazing kids. | 你老婆孩子热炕头 |
[11:16] | I’m all alone. | 我却孤家寡人的 |
[11:18] | No, you’re the more successful brother. | 不 你才是两兄弟中更成功的那个 |
[11:20] | I am? | 是吗 |
[11:22] | That’s why I came to America so quickly | 所以我一发现自己还有个兄弟时 |
[11:24] | when I found out I had a sibling. | 就立马动身来美国了 |
[11:27] | I mean, the one thing I’ve always wanted is a family. | 我最渴望的就是有个家人 |
[11:30] | You never married? | 你一直没结婚吗 |
[11:31] | No, just a series of vapid models, | 没有 只玩了一大堆没意思的嫩模 |
[11:33] | bouncing around from nimble woman to nimble woman, | 身边娇俏玲珑的女人换了一个又一个 |
[11:37] | most of them half my age. | 大部分人的岁数只有我的一半 |
[11:38] | Let’s move on from your sad love life. | 还是别说你「悲惨」的感情生活了吧 |
[11:40] | But you understand the importance of family. | 不过你理解家人的重要性 |
[11:42] | That’s why I’m sure you would’ve tracked me down | 所以你要是知道自己还有个兄弟 |
[11:44] | as soon as you found out about me, | 肯定也会马上找到我的 |
[11:46] | but Katie cooked up this little surprise instead. | 不过凯蒂抢先安排了这个惊喜 |
[11:49] | Yeah. O-Of course. I-I would’ve come running. | 是啊 当然了 我肯定会立刻去找你 |
[11:52] | Greg! Can you come in here, please? | 格雷格 你能过来一下吗 |
[11:54] | – Coming. – Coming. | -来了 -来了 |
[11:56] | Oh, that’s… probably you. | 应该是在喊你 |
[12:00] | Look who’s here, Greg — my mother. | 看看谁来了 格雷格 我母亲 |
[12:01] | What a surprise. | 真是个”惊喜”啊 |
[12:02] | Well, uh, Greg called me and said how much you missed me, | 格雷格打电话跟我说你特别想我 |
[12:06] | so I just stuffed your father | 所以我给你父亲 |
[12:08] | with the loose pills I found at the bottom of my purse | 喂了一大把在我的包底部发现的药片 |
[12:10] | and came right over. | 然后就过来了 |
[12:11] | Oh, that is so sweet of him. | 他可真好 |
[12:12] | Greg, can you come in the office | 格雷格 你能来办公室 |
[12:14] | and help me check on the printer toner again? | 帮我再看看打印机墨盒吗 |
[12:16] | Katie, I can — | 凯蒂 你听我… |
[12:16] | We’re low on magenta, Greg. | 品红的要用完了 格雷格 |
[12:18] | We’re low. | 要用完了 |
[12:22] | Happy Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[12:24] | I have no idea who you are, | 虽然不知道你是谁 |
[12:25] | but I have a feeling you know how to make a rum hot toddy. | 但我感觉你会调热甜朗姆酒 |
[12:28] | That, I do. | 我的确会 |
[12:29] | Alright, then. | 好 |
[12:31] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[12:33] | A meat tree? | 肉树 |
[12:35] | I thought I buried that tradition with my mother. | 我还以为这传统被我妈带进棺材里去了呢 |
[12:40] | What the hell, Greg? | 搞什么 格雷格 |
[12:41] | Let me explain. | 你听我解释 |
[12:42] | When I invited your mom, it was in retaliation | 我邀请你妈妈时 是想报复你 |
[12:45] | to you inviting my brother without asking me. | 你不经我同意就邀请我弟弟来了 |
[12:47] | But in the meantime — and here’s the funny twist — | 但在此期间 事情发生了有趣的反转 |
[12:50] | my brother and I had a really nice moment, | 我跟我弟聊得颇为愉快 |
[12:53] | and I realized you were right. | 我才意识到你是对的 |
[12:54] | I am super mad at you. | 我被你气死了 |
[12:56] | But real quick — what am I right about? | 不过你赶紧说说 我怎么个对法 |
[12:58] | I do regret not calling my brother for two years. | 我确实后悔两年都没有联系我弟 |
[13:00] | My pond needed to be mucked. | 我的心湖需要被搅动 |
[13:03] | Maybe yours does, too. | 或许你的心湖也一样 |
[13:05] | Maybe me revenge-inviting your mom was a good thing. | 也许我报复式地把你妈请来是件好事 |
[13:09] | I just wanted to bond with Taylor, | 我只想跟泰勒增进一下母女情 |
[13:11] | and now my mother is going to ruin it. | 现在我妈会毁了我的计划的 |
[13:14] | In the future, leave the mucking to the professionals. | 以后 搅动心湖还是交给专业人士吧 |
[13:17] | ♪You better watch out, you better not cry♪ | ♪你最好留心 你最好别哭♪ |
[13:21] | ♪You better not pout, I’m tellin’ you why♪ | ♪你最好别噘嘴 我来告诉你原因♪ |
[13:24] | ♪Santa Claus…♪ | ♪圣诞老人♪ |
[13:26] | He plays the piano, too. | 他还会弹钢琴 |
[13:28] | He has a very sad, lonely life. | 他一直孤苦伶仃的 |
[13:30] | ♪Santa Claus is comin’ to toooooooooooown♪ | ♪圣诞老人要来啦♪ |
[13:39] | What a nice Christmas this is turning out to be. | 这个圣诞节好温馨 |
[13:41] | I’m just thrilled to be with family this year. | 今年能跟家人一起过我太开心了 |
[13:43] | Oh, Greg, your brother is fabulous. | 格雷格 你弟弟太优秀了 |
[13:46] | Why did it take you two years to get in touch with him? | 你怎么等了两年才联系他 |
[13:48] | Pardon? | 什么 |
[13:50] | Yeah, yeah, two years ago Thanksgiving, | 真的 两年前的感恩节上 |
[13:52] | Greg’s mother let it slip | 格雷格的母亲无意中透露了 |
[13:53] | that his dad had a second family. | 他父亲在外面还有一个家庭 |
[13:56] | It was so uncomfortable. | 那气氛尴尬到窒息 |
[13:58] | And everybody was miserable. | 大家都懵了 |
[14:00] | I loved it. | 不过我喜欢 |
[14:02] | You knew about me two years ago | 你两年前就知道了我的存在 |
[14:05] | and never thought to call? | 却从没想过要联系我 |
[14:06] | It’s complicated, Greg. | 这事一言难尽 格雷格 |
[14:07] | You lied to me, Greg. | 你骗了我 格雷格 |
[14:09] | That makes you no better than Dad. | 你比爸爸好不到哪去 |
[14:12] | Uh, I need some air. | 我去透口气 |
[14:16] | This could give that Thanksgiving a run for its money. | 这回的尴尬跟感恩节那次有的一拼 |
[14:19] | Now I see why | 现在我知道 |
[14:20] | you didn’t want your mother here for Christmas. | 你为什么不想让你妈来过圣诞节了 |
[14:22] | Wait, w– You — You didn’t want me here? | 等等 你不想让我来吗 |
[14:24] | Then why did he call me and say that you did? | 那他怎么还给我打电话说你想我来 |
[14:27] | He invited you here to get back at me | 他邀请你来是报复我 |
[14:28] | for inviting his brother without asking him. | 不经他同意邀请他弟弟来 |
[14:31] | Oh, so this was a spite invite? | 所以这是报复式邀请是吧 |
[14:34] | Just for that, I am staying for two weeks. | 就冲这个 我要在这儿住上两个星期 |
[14:37] | I didn’t know you didn’t want to see your brother, | 我之前不知道你不想见你弟弟 |
[14:39] | but you knew I didn’t want to see my mother. | 但你明知道我不想见我妈 |
[14:42] | I’m staying three weeks, | 我要住三个星期 |
[14:43] | and I’m wearing the shorty robe. | 我去换夾袍了 |
[14:57] | There goes the drama-free Christmas we wanted. | 风平浪静过圣诞的愿望破灭了 |
[14:59] | Worst part is, it’s all our fault. | 扎心的是 这是我们一手造成的 |
[15:00] | Should’ve just gotten you | 我就该把我在脸书上看到的 |
[15:01] | the flashlight I saw on Facebook. | 那个手电筒买给你当礼物的 |
[15:04] | It also can break a windshield if you drive into a lake. | 你要是把车开进了湖里 还能用来砸车窗 |
[15:06] | Smart. | 机智 |
[15:07] | I’m gonna go out front and wait for my brother. | 我去外面等我弟弟了 |
[15:10] | You go deal with your mom. | 你去搞定你妈吧 |
[15:12] | Why are the holidays about family? | 过节为什么要以家人团聚为重呢 |
[15:14] | Why can’t it just be about Chinese food and going to the movies? | 就不能简简单单地吃吃中餐 看看电影吗 |
[15:18] | Should we become Jewish? | 我们要转信犹太教吗 |
[15:19] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 不知道 也行吧 |
[15:31] | – Hi, Mom. – I get it. | -嗨 妈 -我知道 |
[15:32] | You hate me. | 你讨厌我 |
[15:33] | Is it because I missed most of your birthday parties? | 是因为你大多数的生日派对我都缺席吗 |
[15:35] | Or because I made out with your boyfriend in high school? | 还是因为我跟你的高中男友亲热过 |
[15:38] | – Because I told you — – Mom, I know. | -因为我告诉过你… -妈 我知道 |
[15:39] | He kissed you, and you were just being polite. | 他亲了你 你只是出于礼节 |
[15:41] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[15:43] | You’re making this very hard for me to say I’m sorry about all this. | 你这样让我很难为这一切向你道歉 |
[15:46] | Well, why didn’t you want me to come to Christmas Eve dinner? | 好吧 你为什么不想让我参加平安夜晚餐 |
[15:48] | I knew you would get in the way of me doing my thing with Taylor. | 我知道你肯定会阻碍我和泰勒增进母女情 |
[15:52] | You tend to be somewhat judgmental. | 你总是喜欢评判人 |
[15:53] | Oh, stop it. I — | 打住吧 我… |
[15:57] | Where’d you get this wine? The car wash? | 你是从哪买的红酒 洗车店吗 |
[16:00] | I see. | 我懂你意思了 |
[16:01] | Building this with Taylor this year | 和泰勒今年一起做这个肉树 |
[16:03] | was just too important for you to mess up. | 太重要了 不能让你给毁了 |
[16:05] | Well, why is this year so important? | 为什么今年这么重要 |
[16:07] | Because next year, she’s going off to college, | 因为明年 她就要去上大学了 |
[16:10] | and this is her last Christmas at home. | 今年是她在家过的最后一个圣诞节 |
[16:12] | So? She’ll be back. | 那又怎样 她会回家的 |
[16:13] | I told you I’d come back, and I never did. | 我也跟你说过我会回家 但我从没回过 |
[16:15] | Yeah, but why would you come back? | 是啊 但你为什么要回去 |
[16:16] | I mean, I was a terrible mother. You’re not. | 我是个糟糕的母亲 而你不是 |
[16:19] | You take an interest in Taylor’s life. | 你对泰勒的生活真正感兴趣 |
[16:22] | She’ll be back. | 她会回家的 |
[16:27] | You think? | 你这么觉得吗 |
[16:28] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[16:32] | My Spam angel isn’t exactly turning out. | 我的午餐肉天使没有成形 |
[16:35] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心了 |
[16:36] | Meat tree is off. | 我们不做肉树了 |
[16:38] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[16:40] | You’re the best mom. | 你是最好的妈妈 |
[16:41] | How about we start a new tradition that’s not nauseating? | 不如我们开启一个不那么恶心的新传统 |
[16:44] | Something that the three of us can do together. | 一个我们三人可以一起做的传统 |
[16:46] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:47] | We could build a snowman. | 我们可以堆雪人 |
[16:49] | I don’t think Grandma wants to stand out in the freezing cold, honey. | 我觉得外婆不会想站在冰天雪地里 亲爱的 |
[16:51] | Actually, Grandma has her own holiday tradition | 其实 外婆有自己的节日传统 |
[16:54] | that keeps her very warm. | 来给自己保暖 |
[16:58] | What are we gonna do with this? | 我们要拿这个怎么办 |
[17:04] | Even he thinks it’s gross. | 连它都觉得恶心 |
[17:08] | It’s not Christmas without Nana’s platter, Mom. | 没有太姥姥的大盘子就算不上圣诞节 妈妈 |
[17:10] | That’s what I went upstairs for. | 我之前上楼就是为了找这个 |
[17:12] | Thank you, sweetie. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[17:24] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[17:26] | That platter survived two world wars | 那个大盘子撑过了两次世界大战 |
[17:28] | and Lee Majors’ Christmas Bacchanalia. | 和李·梅杰斯的圣诞大劫难 |
[17:33] | I can’t believe I did this. | 真不敢相信我给弄碎了 |
[17:41] | Mom, it wasn’t your fault. | 妈妈 这不是你的错 |
[17:43] | You didn’t break the platter. We did. | 你没有打碎大盘子 是我们干的 |
[17:45] | We glued it back together, | 我们把它粘回去了 |
[17:46] | but we didn’t let it dry long enough. | 但没时间让胶水干透 |
[17:49] | I can’t believe the two of you did this. | 真不敢相信你们干出了这种事 |
[17:51] | Anna-Kat was there, but I convinced her to cover it up. | 安娜凯特也在 但我说服了她掩盖过去 |
[17:54] | Oliver, you are in so much troub– | 奥利弗 你有大麻烦了 |
[17:56] | To be fair, Mom, all you wanted for Christmas | 老实说 妈妈 你的圣诞节愿望 |
[17:59] | was for us to get along, and… | 就是希望我们能好好相处 然后 |
[18:02] | look at us. | 瞧瞧我们 |
[18:04] | So you’re saying you worked together to deceive me, | 你是说你们串通一气来骗我 |
[18:07] | and that’s how you got along? | 这就是你们和好的方式 |
[18:08] | – Merry Christmas. – Merry Christmas. | -圣诞快乐 -圣诞快乐 |
[18:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:12] | But because of this, you two are going to repair it | 但因为盘子碎了 你们得修好 |
[18:16] | so that Taylor can inherit it. | 这样泰勒才能继承 |
[18:18] | You seriously don’t have one piece of jewelry to give me? | 你真的没有珠宝可以传给我吗 |
[18:31] | It’s pretty cold out here for a walk. | 现在这天气出去散步挺冷的 |
[18:32] | You’ve been gone a while. | 你离开了好一会 |
[18:33] | “Blow, blow, thou winter wind, | “吹吧 吹吧 凛冽的寒风 |
[18:34] | 出自莎士比亚的作品 《皆大欢喜》 | |
[18:35] | thou art not so unkind as man’s ingratitude.” | 这风虽不甚友善 却不及世人薄情” |
[18:39] | I deserve that. | 我活该 |
[18:40] | Nothing stings quite as much as a good Shakespearean burn. | 没什么比莎士比亚的怼人诗歌更扎心了 |
[18:44] | I’m sorry I didn’t try and find you | 抱歉当爸爸告诉我 |
[18:46] | as soon as Dad told me I had a brother. | 我有个弟弟时 我没有马上去找你 |
[18:48] | I think I was still angry with him, | 我觉得我还在生他的气 |
[18:50] | and I took it out on you. | 并把气撒在了你身上 |
[18:52] | Yeah, I can see that. | 好吧 我理解这点 |
[18:54] | Now that I’ve met you, I understand | 但现在我见到你 我明白 |
[18:56] | why he never approved of anything I did. | 他为什么从没认同过我做的一切 |
[18:57] | He had another son he approved of — you. | 他有另一个他认同的儿子 就是你 |
[19:01] | That’s not really the truth, Greg. | 其实不是这样 格雷格 |
[19:03] | I was sent away to boarding school when I was 7. | 我7岁时就被送去寄宿学校 |
[19:04] | Dad saw me two weeks a year. | 爸爸每年和我见面两周 |
[19:07] | I now realize that’s ’cause he was here | 现在我知道了 他一年中剩下的时间 |
[19:09] | the rest of the year — with you. | 都在这里 和你在一起 |
[19:11] | He was, but he took absolutely no interest in me. | 他是在 但他对我一点兴趣都没有 |
[19:15] | So I guess we were both neglected, | 看来我们兄弟俩都被忽略了 |
[19:17] | just in different ways. | 只是形式不同 |
[19:19] | It’s funny — you’re the only other person | 真有趣 你是唯一一个 |
[19:21] | who knows what it’s like to have our father. | 能理解有这样一个爸是什么感觉的人 |
[19:22] | And who knows the crazy sound he makes after he sneezes. | 而且还知道他打喷嚏后发出的怪异声音 |
[19:25] | Achoo-floo-floo! | 阿啾呋呋 |
[19:27] | – What is that? – I don’t know. | -那是什么鬼 -我不知道 |
[19:29] | So…brothers? | 那 好兄弟吗 |
[19:32] | Ah, brothers. | 好兄弟 |
[19:36] | I think it’s time we show these kids | 我觉得是时候让这些孩子知道 |
[19:37] | how to have a real snowball fight! | 真正的雪仗是什么样的了 |
[19:39] | Come on, American Greg! | 来吧 美国格雷格 |
[19:43] | So, Dad never taught you to throw a ball, either? | 爸爸也没教过你怎么扔球 对吗 |
[19:45] | No, he did not. | 是的 从没教过 |
[19:47] | Let’s get ’em! | 打趴他们 |
[19:57] | It is? | 是吗 |
[19:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:06] | You want to cock it back… | 身体要先往后 |
[20:07] | – Okay. – …step, throw. | -好 -上步 扔 |
[20:18] | When everyone’s asleep, let’s add our gifts to Santa’s. | 等大家都睡着后 我们把礼物放到树下吧 |
[20:22] | Now that I have a brother, | 现在我有了个弟弟 |
[20:22] | we have so much brother stuff to catch up on. | 我们有好多兄弟间的事要叙旧 |
[20:25] | I’m glad that you’re excited that you have a brother. | 我很高兴你对你有弟弟这事感到兴奋 |
[20:29] | I am. | 确实 |
[20:30] | I’m glad you mucked in my pond. | 我很高兴你搅动我的池塘 |
[20:32] | Thank you, honey. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[20:33] | Uh, quick question. | 一个小问题 |
[20:34] | I know that Taylor is, but is Oliver of drinking age? | 我知道泰勒可以 但奥利弗也可以喝酒了吗 |
[20:37] | None of the kids are old enough to drink. | 那些孩子都没到可以喝酒的年龄 |
[20:40] | Right. | 好吧 |
[20:41] | I knew that. | 我知道的 |
[20:42] | Kids, bad news! | 孩子们 坏消息 |
[20:45] | Next time, Greg, just drown me in the pond. | 下次 格雷格 直接把我淹死在池塘里吧 |
[20:50] | ♪Hark! The herald angels sing♪ | ♪听 天使高声唱♪ |
[20:53] | ♪”Glory to the newborn King♪ | ♪荣耀归于新生王♪ |
[20:56] | ♪Peace on Earth and mercy mild♪ | ♪地球上的和平与慈悲柔和♪ |
[20:59] | ♪God and sinners reconciled”♪ | ♪上帝和罪人调和♪ |
[21:02] | ♪Joyful, all ye nations rise♪ | ♪快乐 众国崛起♪ |
[21:05] | ♪Join the triumph of the skies♪ | ♪加入胜利的天空♪ |
[21:08] | ♪With angelic hosts proclaim♪ | ♪天使天军宣告♪ |
[21:11] | ♪”Christ is born in Bethlehem”♪ | ♪基督降生在伯利恒♪ |
[21:14] | ♪Hark! The herald a–♪ | ♪听 天使高声♪ |
[21:18] | Oliver. | 奥利弗 |