时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Mom, look what I made you at school yesterday. | 妈 看我昨天在学校为你做了什么 |
[00:11] | It’s beautiful. | 真漂亮 |
[00:13] | Give me a minute to figure out what it is | 等我弄清楚这是什么东西了 |
[00:15] | and I’ll tell you how much I love it. | 再告诉你我有多喜欢 |
[00:17] | It’s a plastic-bag dryer. | 这是塑料袋晾干架 |
[00:19] | It’s so you can wash and reuse plastic baggies. | 这样塑料袋就可以洗净晾干再利用了 |
[00:21] | What prissy mom came up with that idea? | 哪个抠门娘们想出的点子 |
[00:25] | – Dad. -We had fun making them. | -爸 -制作的过程还挺好玩的 |
[00:27] | You know what else would be fun? | 知道还有什么也很好玩吗 |
[00:28] | If you stopped coming up with stuff that makes more work for me. | 停止给我添乱 |
[00:32] | Katie, I’m head of the school’s green committee. | 凯蒂 我是校环保委员会主任 |
[00:34] | It’s important that we up our recycling game. | 倡导循环利用很重要 |
[00:36] | Am I still supposed to pretend recycling is real | 我还要继续在安娜凯特前假装 |
[00:37] | in front of Anna-Kat? | 有循环利用这回事吗 |
[00:39] | She’s 10, Greg. | 她已经十岁了 格雷格 |
[00:40] | Hey, Mr. And Mrs. A. | A先生 A太太 你们好 |
[00:42] | I’m here to pick up Taylor for school. | 我来接泰勒去学校 |
[00:44] | Now that it’s my second senior year, | 如今我复读高三 |
[00:45] | Taylor and I are in the same class. | 泰勒跟我同班 |
[00:46] | Fingers crossed I don’t end up with Anna-Kat. | 老天保佑我别复读到跟安娜凯特同班 |
[00:48] | I love your hair today, Mom. | 你今天的发型很好看 妈妈 |
[00:50] | Thanks, Taylor! | 谢谢你 泰勒 |
[00:51] | Look at that. | 看见没有 |
[00:52] | She gave you a compliment and didn’t ask for money. | 她夸了你 而且没有伸手要钱 |
[00:55] | I know. | 我懂的 |
[00:56] | We might finally be entering the mother-daughter friend phase. | 我们母女俩可能终于要成为好朋友了 |
[00:59] | We could go to Mardi Gras together. | 我们可以一起去狂欢节 |
[01:01] | But she’s not gonna get more beads than me. | 不过抢珠链她肯定比不过我 |
[01:04] | I have great news. | 好消息 |
[01:05] | I got an interview at Teen Help Line. | 我要去青少年求助热线面试 |
[01:07] | What’s Teen Help Line? | 青少年求助热线是什么 |
[01:08] | Oh, it’s this volunteer organization | 是个志愿者组织 |
[01:10] | where teens call to talk to peers about their problems. | 青少年可以打电话去互相交流烦恼 |
[01:12] | It’s a great way | 跳不了芭蕾 |
[01:12] | to impress Harvard now that I can’t do ballet. | 这也是个让哈佛高看我一眼的好办法 |
[01:15] | Don’t you need empathy for that? | 做那工作不是需要共情能力吗 |
[01:17] | I’ve gotten this far without it. | 不能共情我也走到这步了啊 |
[01:19] | Plus, they give you a script, | 再说了 他们会给你份稿子 |
[01:20] | and if anyone starts to cry or something gross like that, | 要是有人开始涕泪横流什么的 |
[01:23] | I’ll just pretend I got disconnected. | 我就直接假装电话断线了 |
[01:24] | They’ll be lucky to have you. | 他们能拥有你真是”三生有幸” |
[01:29] | She wants me to wash out plastic bags. | 她想让我洗塑料袋 |
[01:32] | What the hell for? | 为什么啊 |
[01:32] | I barely have time to wash my own damn self. | 我几乎都没空给自己洗澡了 |
[01:35] | Marigold wants me to wash out those bags, too. | 玛丽戈德也想让我洗那些袋子 |
[01:37] | It’s really caused a rift between me and the housekeeper. | 那管家都对我心生不满了 |
[01:39] | She just thinks the rich lady has found another way to torture her. | 觉得我这贵妇又找了个新法子作弄她 |
[01:42] | Just give the woman her passport back. | 你就把护照还给人家吧 |
[01:44] | – No. -The only kid not bugging me is Taylor. | -不行 -只有泰勒那孩子不给我添堵 |
[01:46] | She even complimented me for no reason this morning. | 今天早上她甚至还无故夸了我 |
[01:51] | What? | 怎么了 |
[01:52] | No kid is nice for no reason, Katie. | 没有孩子会无故示好 凯蒂 |
[01:54] | She’s clearly hiding something from you. | 她肯定瞒了你什么事 |
[01:56] | You think? | 你这么认为吗 |
[01:57] | Marigold told me I smelled nice the other day, | 那天玛丽戈德夸我身上香 |
[01:59] | so I flipped her upside down | 于是我把她从头搜到脚 |
[02:00] | and shook five Pixie Stix out of her pockets. | 从她兜里搜出5根精灵糖棒来 |
[02:02] | A mother knows, Katie. | 当妈的直觉 凯蒂 |
[02:04] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[02:05] | I’m going to search Taylor’s room. | 我要去搜搜泰勒的房间 |
[02:06] | Okay, you’re going about this the wrong way. | 好吧 这做法不对 |
[02:09] | You should be the kind of mom she’d want to come to. | 你该让她自愿向你坦白心事 |
[02:11] | The last thing you should be doing is snooping. | 窥探是最不该做的事 |
[02:13] | It’s a complete breach of trust. | 那会毁尽信任 |
[02:15] | No, you’re right. | 是啊 你说得对 |
[02:17] | It’s the wrong thing to do. | 不该那么做 |
[02:18] | Angela’s wrong. | 安吉拉错了 |
[02:19] | Snooping feels absolutely right. | 窥探的感觉太爽了 |
[02:21] | It’s a good thing her room is so messy. | 还好她房间乱糟糟的 |
[02:23] | We don’t have to put anything back. | 我们翻完不用物归原处 |
[02:25] | This is suspicious. | 这个有点可疑 |
[02:27] | – What? – A book. | -什么 -一本书 |
[02:29] | In Taylor’s room. | 出现在泰勒房里 |
[02:33] | – Oh my. – What “Oh, my”? | -老天 -什么”老天” |
[02:35] | Well, it’s a prescription for birth-control pills. | 这是避孕药的处方 |
[02:38] | In her name. | 她名下的 |
[02:42] | I feel sick. | 我有些反胃 |
[02:46] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[02:46] | If there are drugs in here, I’m gonna find them, | 如果这里有药的话 我要找出来 |
[02:48] | ’cause you could really use some right now. | 因为你现在需要吃点药 |
[03:01] | What are you in the mood for today, Franklin? | 今天想吃什么 富兰克林 |
[03:02] | The mac-n-cheese looks good. | 芝士通心粉看着挺好吃的 |
[03:04] | Well, I’m allergic to dairy, cheese, and pasta. | 我对奶制品 芝士和意面过敏 |
[03:06] | Is there any of that in there? | 芝士通心粉里有这几样东西吗 |
[03:10] | The lunch lady’s using disposable plates. | 午餐大妈用的是一次性餐盘 |
[03:13] | Excuse me — | 打扰一下 |
[03:14] | Mac-n-cheese or fish sticks? | 芝士通心粉还是鱼条 |
[03:15] | Mac-n-cheese, please. | 芝士通心粉 |
[03:16] | He’ll have the fish sticks. | 他要鱼条 |
[03:19] | And also, why aren’t you using washable plates? | 还有 你为什么不用可洗餐盘 |
[03:21] | The plastic ones are just gonna end up in a landfill. | 塑料餐盘最后都会被送去垃圾填埋场 |
[03:24] | Tell somebody who gives a dink. | 跟在乎这屁事的人说去吧 |
[03:26] | You can’t talk that way. There’s a lady present. | 你不能说粗话 有淑女在场呢 |
[03:28] | What are you gonna do about it? | 那你要怎样 |
[03:29] | Eat mac-n-cheese, break out in hives, | 吃芝士通心粉 过敏爆疹 |
[03:31] | and throw up all over your floor. | 吐你一地 |
[03:34] | Knock yourself out. | 随你的便 |
[03:37] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[03:38] | Yeah. ? | 在呢 |
[03:40] | The lunch lady won’t use real plates. | 午餐大妈不肯用可洗餐盘 |
[03:44] | She uses plastic ones | 她用塑料的 |
[03:45] | and then just throws them away. | 用完就扔 |
[03:47] | What? | 什么 |
[03:48] | Not in my school. | 在我的学校可不行 |
[03:50] | I tried talking to her, but she won’t listen. | 我找她理论过 可她不听 |
[03:53] | This is a job for the recycling committee. | 循环利用委员会该出马了 |
[03:54] | Bill Doty and I will take it from here. | 就交给比尔·多提和我吧 |
[03:56] | Sounds like the lunch lady just needs to be educated. | 看来这午餐大妈欠教育 |
[03:58] | Yeah, and if that doesn’t work, | 是啊 要是跟她说不通 |
[04:00] | we’ll recycle her face! | 我们就回收了她那张臭脸 |
[04:02] | You get more like your mother every day. | 你越来越像你妈了 |
[04:10] | Hi, Mom. I like your shirt today. | 嗨 妈 你今天的衣服很好看 |
[04:12] | Liar! You don’t like anything about me! | 骗子 你口是心非 |
[04:16] | I found this. | 我找到了这个 |
[04:18] | Where did you get this?! | 你从哪找到的 |
[04:20] | You went in my room?! | 你进了我房间 |
[04:21] | If we’re talking about who’s going in where, | 如果真要谈谁”进去”了什么地方 |
[04:23] | I think there’s a bigger conversation to be had. | 我们可有得聊了 |
[04:25] | Okay, Mom, calm down. We haven’t done it yet. | 行了 妈 别激动 我们还没做过 |
[04:27] | But at some point, we will. Right, Trip? | 不过我们迟早会做的 对吧 特里普 |
[04:32] | I just came in for apple juice. | 我只是来喝苹果汁的 |
[04:34] | You promised me | 你向我保证过 |
[04:35] | you were going to come to me first when you were thinking of having sex. | 当你有性行为的想法时 会先来跟我说 |
[04:38] | – I never was really gonna do that. – Double liar! | -我从来没打算真的那样做 -双重欺骗 |
[04:40] | Well, you’re a snoop! I don’t trust you anymore! | 那你就是窥探隐私 我再也不信任你了 |
[04:42] | I don’t know if I can trust you anymore! | 我也不知道我能不能再信任你了 |
[04:47] | I’m smelling some tension. | 我嗅到了一丝火药味 |
[04:48] | Maybe Teen Help Line can offer some support. | 也许青少年求助热线能提供帮助 |
[04:52] | “Hi. I’m glad you called. | “你好 很高兴你打来电话 |
[04:54] | This is a safe place for you to express…” | 这里是一个你可以安全地倾诉…” |
[04:55] | Let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[05:01] | If you’re ever wondering where my lack of empathy comes from… | 如果你好奇我为何缺乏共情心 这就是原因 |
[05:05] | Give me back my prescription that you stole from my room! | 把你从我房间偷走的处方还给我 |
[05:08] | Well, your room is in my house, | 你的房间在我的家里 |
[05:10] | so I get to do this. | 所以我就可以这样 |
[05:13] | Well, it doesn’t matter. | 无所谓了 |
[05:14] | I’ll just get Angela to take me to the doctor again. | 我让安吉拉再带我去看医生就好 |
[05:18] | What?! | 什么 |
[05:20] | Angela took you?! | 是安吉拉带你去的 |
[05:30] | I played laser tag last night. | 我昨晚玩了激光枪战 |
[05:32] | You ever been? | 你玩过吗 |
[05:35] | There was a 12-year-old who covered his target. | 昨晚有个12岁小孩把他的靶子遮住了 |
[05:38] | It’s against the rules. | 这是违反规则的 |
[05:40] | Get out. | 滚出去 |
[05:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:50] | I cannot believe you took my daughter | 我不敢相信你在没有过问我的情况下 |
[05:52] | to get birth control without asking me. | 就带我女儿去咨询避孕措施 |
[05:54] | Okay. You have to understand. | 好吧 你必须理解 |
[05:57] | When Taylor came to me | 当泰勒来找我 |
[05:58] | and asked me to take her to the doctor, | 叫我带她去看医生的时候 |
[06:00] | I was afraid that if I said no, | 我怕如果我拒绝了 |
[06:01] | she would start having unprotected sex, | 她就会发生无保护的性行为 |
[06:03] | and I knew you wouldn’t want that. | 我知道你不想这种事发生 |
[06:04] | But I should have been the one to take her. | 但应该由我带她去才对 |
[06:07] | – I’m her mother. – ?But would you have taken her? | -我是她妈妈 -但你会带她去吗 |
[06:09] | – No! I am her mother! – ?See? | -不会 我是她妈啊 -明白了吧 |
[06:11] | This is why Taylor didn’t go to you, | 这就是为什么泰勒没去找你 |
[06:12] | because you always shut her down. | 因为你总是拒绝她 |
[06:13] | But when Taylor came to you, | 但当泰勒来找你的时候 |
[06:15] | – you should have come to me. – She asked me not to. | -你应该来找我才对 -她叫我不要跟你说 |
[06:17] | She asked me not to go to school in my pajama bottoms! | 她还叫我不要穿着睡裤去学校呢 |
[06:20] | You don’t have to listen to a teenager! | 你不用非得听一个青少年的话 |
[06:22] | Doris? You want to weigh in here? | 多瑞丝 你要不要评评理 |
[06:23] | Yeah, Doris, weigh in. | 是啊 多瑞丝 来评评理 |
[06:24] | Tell her I’m right. | 告诉她我才是对的 |
[06:26] | I’ll do what I always do, okay? | 我会像往常一样 好吗 |
[06:27] | I’ll side with each of you behind the other’s back. | 我会在另一方不在时 对你们两方都表示支持 |
[06:29] | That way, I stay the favorite. | 这样的话 我总能最受欢迎 |
[06:32] | I’ve got to get to court, | 我要去上庭了 |
[06:34] | where people argue and make sense. | 在那里人们进行的是言之有理的辩论 |
[06:36] | This conversation is not over. | 这场对话还没结束 |
[06:37] | Angela, this conversation is not — | 安吉拉 这场对话还没… |
[06:39] | She can’t hear me, but this conversation is not over. | 她听不见我说话了 但这场对话没有结束 |
[06:43] | Now, before we start the show, I’d like to introduce my friend | 在我们开始演出前 我想先介绍我的朋友 |
[06:47] | and the sunshine on my compost pile, | 也是照耀我的堆肥的阳光 |
[06:49] | Mr. Bill Doty! | 比尔·多提先生 |
[06:55] | Let’s get on with this. | 我们快点演完吧 |
[06:56] | I only get a 48-minute lunch at Foot Locker. | 我在富乐客鞋店只有48分钟的午餐时间 |
[06:58] | Did somebody hire the two worst strippers in Westport? | 是谁请了西港最差劲的两个脱衣舞男 |
[07:01] | ‘Cause I didn’t. | 反正不是我请的 |
[07:03] | Well, we’re gonna do a little show for you | 我们要为你献上一个小小的演出 |
[07:04] | that will not only rock your world… | 它不仅将震撼你的世界 |
[07:07] | – but save it! – But save it! | -也能拯救世界 -也能拯救世界 |
[07:09] | We’re gonna lay some knowledge on you about recycling | 我们要为你普及一些关于回收利用的知识 |
[07:11] | and have a little bit of fun along the way. | 同时寓教于乐 |
[07:13] | Join us now somewhere on an American coastline. | 现在请跟随我们来到美国的一处海岸 |
[07:21] | The beach is a perfect place to have my lunch. | 海滩是个吃午餐的好地方 |
[07:25] | Well, I don’t need this plastic wrapper anymore. | 我不需要这层塑料包装纸了 |
[07:27] | Guess I’ll throw it in the ocean. | 把它扔进大海里好了 |
[07:29] | What harm could it possibly do? | 它又能造成什么样的伤害呢 |
[07:33] | I hope you enjoyed your lunch. | 我希望你的午餐吃得愉快 |
[07:35] | It cost me my life. | 它让我付出了生命的代价 |
[07:44] | We promise to all dolphins, | 我们向所有海豚承诺 |
[07:45] | we’ll make sure no one throws plastic in their home again. | 我们会保证不再有人将塑料扔进它们的家园 |
[07:48] | Go on, go on. | 继续 继续 |
[07:52] | And…scene. | 演出结束 |
[08:00] | I’m gonna tell you the same thing | 我要告诉你们一句 |
[08:02] | I told the touring company of “The Sound of Music” — | 我曾经对《音乐之声》巡演剧团说过的话 |
[08:05] | this sucks, and I’m outta here. | 这演出烂透了 我走人了 |
[08:12] | She doesn’t seem moved. | 她似乎没有被打动 |
[08:14] | Maybe she’s in pain. | 可能是因为她身处痛苦中 |
[08:15] | I mean, look at those feet. | 你看她的脚 |
[08:16] | She’s wearing a size 9, and she’s clearly a 9 1/2. | 她穿的是9码的鞋 很明显她的脚是9码半的 |
[08:20] | Sorry. It’s… | 抱歉 有时候… |
[08:21] | – hard to leave work at the office sometimes. – ?Sure. | -在外面很难忘记工作上的专业知识 -明白 |
[08:30] | It looks like you could use someone to talk to. | 看起来你需要一个倾诉的对象 |
[08:33] | Yeah, that would be nice. | 是啊 如果可以的话很棒 |
[08:35] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[08:36] | First, I’d have to ask you | 首先 我得问问你 |
[08:38] | if you’re thinking about harming yourself or others, | 你此刻是否有伤害自己或他人的想法 |
[08:41] | because if so, | 因为如果是的话 |
[08:41] | I’d have to refer you to someone more qualified. | 我得将你转接给资格更高的专业人士 |
[08:44] | Very natural, Oliver. | 相当自然 奥利弗 |
[08:47] | Okay, Dad’s home. Everybody, dinner. | 好了 爸爸回来了 大家过来吃晚饭 |
[08:50] | Can we just eat in front of the TV for once? | 我们可以在电视前面吃一次饭吗 |
[08:52] | No. I want us all to eat at the table. | 不行 我想要大家坐在餐桌前吃 |
[08:56] | Family dinners are important | 家庭晚餐很重要 |
[08:57] | so we can keep track of each other’s lives. | 能让我们了解每个人生活中的最新动向 |
[09:00] | Because family is where you should turn to first. | 因为如果遇到问题 最先就该向家人求助 |
[09:04] | Or you could turn to a peer | 也可以找一位同龄人 |
[09:06] | who’s practicing for an interview next week | 他正在为下周的面试练习 |
[09:07] | and has a script that tells him what to say. | 手上有一份指导他如何说话的讲稿 |
[09:10] | Or a mother. | 又或者是母亲 |
[09:11] | A very cool, hip mother who’s easy to talk to. | 一位又酷又潮 平易近人的母亲 |
[09:15] | Who is she talking about? | 她在说谁 |
[09:17] | Herself. | 她自己 |
[09:18] | But it’s completely untrue. | 但这完全不属实 |
[09:21] | I am a cool mother who is easy to talk to. | 我是一个平易近人的酷妈 |
[09:25] | Everybody knows that. | 大家都知道这点 |
[09:26] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[09:26] | Is this the result of something you told me to do | 闹这么一出是因为你让我去做什么事 |
[09:28] | – that I didn’t handle? ?- No. | -我却没有搞定吗 -不是 |
[09:30] | That’s all I need to know. | 我只要知道这个就好 |
[09:31] | But if you need to know more, | 但如果你要知道更多 |
[09:32] | you should go to Angela. | 就该去找安吉拉 |
[09:33] | I knew that’s what this was about! | 我就知道是因为这个 |
[09:35] | I’m going upstairs. | 我要上楼去 |
[09:36] | – Come on, Trip. – ?No way. | -走吧 特里普 -没门 |
[09:37] | You two are not allowed to be alone upstairs anymore. | 你们两个再也不许单独待在楼上了 |
[09:41] | What?! That’s crazy! | 什么 这也太扯了 |
[09:42] | You are 17, and you’re gonna do as I say! | 你现在17岁 你要照我说的做 |
[09:45] | I’m 18! | 我18岁了 |
[09:47] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:49] | Well, I don’t care how old you are! | 我不在乎你多大了 |
[09:51] | My house, my rules! | 在我家就要按我的规矩来 |
[09:52] | Now sit down and eat! | 现在给我坐下吃饭 |
[09:54] | We are gonna have a damn family dinner, | 我们要吃一顿家庭晚餐 |
[09:56] | and that’s the end of that! | 到此为止 不许再议 |
[09:59] | Do you know what’s going on? | 你知道这是怎么回事吗 |
[10:01] | I do… | 我知道… |
[10:03] | but I’d rather talk about laser tag. | 但我更愿意讨论激光枪战 |
[10:10] | Well, we tried to reason with the lunch lady… | 我们试过跟那个午餐大妈讲道理了 |
[10:12] | But that didn’t work. | 但那个办法没用 |
[10:13] | So, unfortunately, | 所以 不幸的是 |
[10:14] | we have to use public shaming to get our point across. | 我们必须采用公开羞辱来传达我们的宗旨了 |
[10:16] | Thank you, guys, for bagging up all the plastic waste from lunch. | 谢谢你们把午餐使用的所有塑料垃圾都装起来 |
[10:19] | Shoot. | 糟了 |
[10:19] | I think my retainer’s in one of these bags. | 我的矫牙保持器好像也被装进袋子里了 |
[10:22] | Not you guys again. | 别又是你们啊 |
[10:24] | We wanted to show you | 我们想让你看看 |
[10:25] | how much waste you create every day by using disposable plates. | 你使用一次性餐盘 每天制造了多少垃圾 |
[10:29] | All of this from just one day? | 这些是一天的量吗 |
[10:32] | I was hoping it would be a lot more. | 我原以为会比这多很多呢 |
[10:36] | Bite me, Nature. | 咬我啊 大自然 |
[10:50] | I was hoping we wouldn’t have to resort to this. | 我之前还希望不用走到这一步呢 |
[10:52] | We’re gonna have to call in the big guns. | 但现在只能放大招了 |
[10:54] | “The Closer.” | 「终结者」 |
[10:55] | “The Environmental Assassin.” | 「环保刺客」 |
[10:57] | Code name — Mr. Green. | 代号 绿色[格林]先生 |
[11:01] | My retainer! | 我的矫牙保持器 |
[11:06] | That’s not mine. | 这不是我的 |
[11:19] | “Hey, Snoop, I moved out. | “嘿 窥探狂 我搬出去了 |
[11:21] | Since I’m not living under your roof anymore, | 既然我已经不住在你家了 |
[11:23] | I guess I don’t have to follow your rules”? | 看来我不用再遵守你那些规矩了” |
[11:26] | Oliver! | 奥利弗 |
[11:31] | Do you know where Taylor went? | 你知道泰勒去哪儿了吗 |
[11:32] | I do, but I don’t think I should tell you | 我知道 但我觉得我不应该告诉你 |
[11:34] | because she came to me in confidence, | 因为她是秘密地来找我的 |
[11:36] | and confidentiality is a bedrock principle at Teen Help Line. | 保密性是青少年求助热线的坚定原则 |
[11:40] | Where… is… your… sister? | 你 姐姐 去 哪儿 了 |
[11:46] | I feel like you’re about to harm yourself or someone else — | 我感觉你马上要伤害你自己或别人了… |
[11:48] | – Where is she?! ?- Angela’s. She went to Angela’s. | -她在哪儿 -安吉拉家 她去安吉拉家了 |
[11:52] | When you tell Taylor I folded, | 如果你要告诉泰勒我屈服了 |
[11:53] | make it sound like I put up a good fight. | 麻烦说得好像我顽强抵抗过了 |
[11:59] | First Taylor went behind my back to get birth control, | 首先 泰勒背着我去买了避孕药 |
[12:01] | and now she moves in with Angela. | 现在她又搬去跟安吉拉住了 |
[12:03] | I don’t understand why you didn’t tell me about this. | 我不明白你之前为什么没跟我说这事 |
[12:05] | Because I thought I could handle it. | 因为我以为我可以处理好的 |
[12:07] | Usually when I yell at Taylor, she backs down. | 通常当我吼泰勒时 她都会妥协 |
[12:09] | She didn’t back down, Greg, | 她这次没有妥协 格雷格 |
[12:10] | and I don’t have any other parenting tools. | 我没有其他为人母的技能了 |
[12:13] | That’s not true, honey. | 不是那样的 亲爱的 |
[12:15] | You have public embarrassment, sarcasm, | 你的技能还包括公开羞辱 冷嘲热讽 |
[12:16] | and that thing where you sit on them until they tell the truth. | 以及坐在他们身上 直到他们说出真话 |
[12:19] | I thought it was supposed to get easier as the kids got older. | 我以为孩子越来越大 教育孩子会变得更容易 |
[12:21] | Me, too, | 我也是这么以为的 |
[12:22] | but now it’s just bigger kids, bigger problems. | 但现在来看 孩子越大 问题越大 |
[12:24] | Yeah. It used to be choosing the right night light, | 是啊 以前的问题是选择正确的夜灯 |
[12:26] | and now I have a 17-year-old daughter | 现在我有个17岁的女儿 |
[12:28] | getting birth control behind my back. | 背着我买避孕药 |
[12:31] | Once again, she’s 18. | 再说一次 她18岁了 |
[12:33] | We should have thrown her a better party. | 我们应该给她办一个更好的派对的 |
[12:37] | Listen, we’re in uncharted territory here. | 听着 我们现在踏入了陌生的领域 |
[12:41] | We’re parenting an adult. | 我们在养育一个成年人 |
[12:42] | We need to adjust. | 我们得调整适应 |
[12:44] | I don’t know how to do that. | 我不知道该怎么做 |
[12:46] | I think the best thing to do is wait. | 我觉得最好的办法就是静待其变 |
[12:48] | Let her come to us. | 让她主动来找我们 |
[12:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:58] | Screw this! Let’s go get her. | 去他妈的 我们还是去找她吧 |
[13:00] | You drive. I had half a glass of port earlier. | 你来开车 我之前喝了半杯波特酒 |
[13:02] | My baby girl. | 宝贝女儿 |
[13:08] | I had no idea she was coming over. | 我完全不知道她要去我那里 |
[13:10] | I told her she couldn’t stay, | 我跟她说 她不能待在我那里 |
[13:11] | and I brought her right back. | 马上就把她带回来了 |
[13:12] | This whole thing has gone too far. | 这整件事已经发展得太过了 |
[13:14] | The two of you need to work it out. | 你们母女俩需要好好解决一下 |
[13:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:17] | But I am still not talking to you. | 但我还是不跟你说话 |
[13:19] | Still not talking to you. | 我也不跟你说话 |
[13:24] | Please tell me you’re still pure. | 求你告诉我你的童贞还在 |
[13:25] | Oh, my God, Dad! | 老天呐 爸 |
[13:28] | I’m glad you’re back. | 我很高兴你回来了 |
[13:29] | I’m not talking to you, either! | 我也不跟你说话 |
[13:38] | I’m not sure what’s happening between you and Taylor, | 我不太确定你和泰勒之间究竟是怎么了 |
[13:40] | but I want you guys to work this out. | 但我希望你们两个能解开心结 |
[13:42] | Reading all this stuff about Teen Help Line | 看了这些关于青少年求助热线的材料 |
[13:44] | makes me realize how many kids don’t have families to turn to. | 让我意识到有多少孩子遇到问题没有家人可求助 |
[13:49] | We’re so lucky to have each other. | 我们能拥有彼此真的很幸运 |
[13:53] | – Oliver, are you okay? – I don’t know. | -奥利弗 你没事吧 -我不知道 |
[13:55] | What’s happening? | 这是怎么了 |
[13:56] | T-There’s this tight feeling in my chest. | 我的胸中有种紧张难受的感觉 |
[13:58] | Honey… | 亲爱的 |
[14:00] | I think you’re actually feeling empathy. | 我觉得你现在有共情的感觉了 |
[14:05] | That’s what that was. | 原来是要打嗝啊 |
[14:08] | Anyway, if she moves out again, I’m taking her room. | 总之 如果她再搬出去 我要占领她的房间 |
[14:18] | Do you think this will work? | 你觉得这办法能成功吗 |
[14:19] | If anyone’s a match for the lunch lady, | 如果说有谁是午餐大妈的对手 |
[14:21] | it’s Mr. Green. | 只能是格林先生了 |
[14:22] | 康涅狄格州 绿色先生 | |
[14:38] | Hello, boys. | 你们好啊 |
[14:40] | Well, you’ve done quite a good job here | 你们做得很好啊 |
[14:42] | with your little posters and everything. | 贴了各种宣传海报之类的东西 |
[14:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[14:44] | Uh, but why don’t you sit back | 不如你们坐下歇歇 |
[14:45] | and let a professional take over? | 让专业人士来处理吧 |
[14:47] | We’re so grateful you’re here. | 我们真的太感谢你能来了 |
[14:48] | We’ve tried everything. She just won’t budge. | 我们试过了各种方法 她就是不肯让步 |
[14:52] | Stand back. | 退下吧 |
[14:54] | This… could get ugly. | 场面 可能会很难看 |
[14:59] | If you’re talking about your suit, | 如果你是指你的西装很难看 |
[15:01] | you’re right. | 那你说对了 |
[15:02] | You’re going down, lunch lady. | 你会被我打趴下的 午餐大妈 |
[15:03] | Bring it, eco-nerd. | 放马过来吧 环保怪 |
[15:05] | I took the liberty of going through your trash last night, | 我昨晚自作主张地翻了一下你家的垃圾 |
[15:09] | and I found some stuff, alright. | 然后发现了一些东西 |
[15:12] | Enough to charge you with murder. | 足以控告你谋杀 |
[15:13] | Of a little lady called… | 谋杀一位女士 名叫… |
[15:15] | Mother Earth! | 地球母亲 |
[15:17] | Oh, that’s good. | 太厉害了 |
[15:18] | Yeah, that’s right. | 是啊 没错 |
[15:19] | You got nothing on me, recycopath. | 你没有我的任何把柄 回收病 |
[15:24] | Exhibit A — | 证物A |
[15:28] | you… throw away batteries. | 你 乱扔电池 |
[15:32] | Do you know what could happen to you for doing this? | 你知道你这么做 会有什么下场吗 |
[15:34] | – Nothing? – Well, yeah…for now. | -没有任何下场 -是 暂时是这样 |
[15:37] | But when this becomes a law, | 但等这变成了法律 |
[15:38] | you are in mild amounts of trouble, lady. | 你的麻烦可就大了 女士 |
[15:41] | – Got anything else? – Back to your trash. | -还有别的证据吗 -继续说回你制造的垃圾 |
[15:44] | By the way, the hair-removal industry | 顺便说下 脱毛行业 |
[15:46] | thanks you for your continued support. | 感谢你长期的支持 |
[15:48] | Exhibit B — | 证物B |
[15:49] | you put cans in the leaf bin. | 你把饮料罐放进树叶垃圾桶里 |
[15:54] | How do you live with yourself? | 你的良心难道不会痛吗 |
[15:56] | Quite well. | 良心毫无负担 |
[15:57] | And on Saturdays and Sundays, | 周六和周日的时候 |
[15:59] | butt naked and drunk all day. | 我甚至会光着屁股 醉一整天 |
[16:03] | Exhibit D… | 证物D |
[16:04] | Wait, didn’t he skip exhibit C? | 等等 他是不是跳过了证物C |
[16:05] | Oh, for God’s sake, Greg, let the man work. | 老天呐 格雷格 别干预他的工作 |
[16:07] | Alright. | 好的 |
[16:08] | You… | 你… |
[16:10] | put your magazines in with the regular trash. | 竟然把杂志丢到常规垃圾里 |
[16:14] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[16:15] | – You subscribe to “Cats Weekly”? ?- Yeah. | -你订阅《猫咪周刊》 -是啊 |
[16:17] | I have two cats. And if you got a problem with that, | 我养了两只猫 如果你对此有意见 |
[16:19] | – you can walk right out — – No, no, no, no. | -你可以滚出… -不不不 |
[16:20] | I’m a — I’m a cat guy. I love cats. | 我是个喜欢猫的人 我超爱猫的 |
[16:22] | What kinda — What kinda cats you got? | 你养的是什么猫 |
[16:24] | Calicos. | 三色猫 |
[16:25] | Got to be a strong person to have a Calico. | 只有强大的人才能降服三色猫 |
[16:27] | You have to act like you don’t need ’em. | 你必须装作你不需要它们 |
[16:29] | That’s the key. | 那是关键 |
[16:30] | Yeah, but you so do. | 好吧 但你很需要它们 |
[16:32] | Oh, yes. More than air. | 没错 它们比空气更重要 |
[16:35] | What’s happening? | 这是什么神转折 |
[16:38] | You have the most beautiful eyes. | 你拥有这世上最漂亮的眼睛 |
[16:40] | You should see ’em when I have my blue eye-shadow on. | 等我画了蓝色眼影 那才真叫漂亮呢 |
[16:45] | Can I take you to lunch? | 我能约你去吃午餐吗 |
[16:47] | Well, actually, I’m a lunch lady, | 实际上 由于我是午餐大妈 |
[16:49] | so that’s pretty much the only meal i’m not available for. | 所以午餐时间我是无法赴约的 |
[16:52] | But I am free for dinner. | 但我有空去吃晚餐 |
[16:54] | So am I! | 我也有空 |
[16:55] | I-I-I was gonna make a big deal out of checking my calendar, | 我本来打算查一下我的日程安排的 |
[16:57] | but, uh, I’m a man who likes cats, so… | 但我是个喜欢猫的人 所以… |
[17:00] | we both know I’m free. | 我们都知道我有空 |
[17:03] | Wait, are you…done? | 等等 你完事了吗 |
[17:04] | Is she gonna recycle now? | 她现在会回收利用了吗 |
[17:05] | Who cares, man?! | 谁在乎啊 老兄 |
[17:07] | We both love cats! | 我们都爱猫 |
[17:08] | The same breed of cats! | 同一品种的猫 |
[17:11] | He’s looking at her | 他看她的神情 |
[17:12] | the same way the FedEx guy looks at my mom. | 跟快递小哥看我妈的神情一模一样 |
[17:16] | Okay, we need to step in here. | 好了 我们得插手干预了 |
[17:18] | Excuse me, lunch lady. | 打扰一下 午餐大妈 |
[17:19] | You know why my mom doesn’t like to recycle? | 你知道我妈为什么不喜欢回收利用吗 |
[17:23] | It’s because it’s annoying. | 因为那很烦人 |
[17:24] | She says that washing the dishes takes too much time. | 她说洗碗太浪费时间了 |
[17:28] | Is that what you think? | 你也是这种想法吗 |
[17:30] | I’m tired of staying here late at night doing it, | 我受够了晚上留在这里加班洗碗 |
[17:32] | and the school can’t afford to hire a dishwasher. | 学校也没钱请个洗碗工 |
[17:35] | How about this — | 不如这样吧 |
[17:36] | if you stop using plastic, | 如果你停止使用塑料餐盘 |
[17:38] | I’ll find someone to help you. | 我就找人来帮你 |
[17:42] | It’s a deal. | 就这么定了 |
[17:46] | – We did it, buddy. – ?No. | -我们做到了 兄弟 -不 |
[17:48] | No, Mother Earth did it. | 不 是地球母亲做到的 |
[17:50] | I think it’s pretty clear that I did it. | 我觉得这很明显是我做到的啊 |
[17:53] | Oh, my God, I am so late. | 天呐 我迟到好久了 |
[17:55] | I gotta get back to Foot Locker. | 我得赶回富乐客鞋店去了 |
[17:56] | Robbie’s gonna be furious. | 罗比一定会大发雷霆的 |
[18:06] | Can I talk to you? | 我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[18:08] | Nope. | 不能 |
[18:08] | I wasn’t really asking. I’m doing it anyway. | 我并非真的询问你的意见 反正我就要谈 |
[18:16] | I know that you are older and doing… | 我知道你现在长大些了 也在做一些… |
[18:21] | older things. | 大人做的事 |
[18:23] | I’ll just push down all the feelings I have about it and… | 我会压下我对这事的强烈情绪 然后… |
[18:28] | take them out on your brother and sister. | 到时候用在你弟弟妹妹身上 |
[18:35] | It felt weird not telling you about it, | 不跟你说这事 其实感觉挺怪的 |
[18:38] | but then it felt weird telling you about it. | 但跟你说这事 也同样让人觉得很怪 |
[18:41] | I just didn’t know what to do. | 我就是不知道该怎么办才好 |
[18:43] | I know. | 我懂的 |
[18:45] | I’m trying to figure it out, too. | 我也在努力想明白这事 |
[18:47] | I’m so used to trying to catch you before you fall… | 我完全习惯了在你犯错之前就先阻拦住你 |
[18:51] | but you’re 18 now. | 但你已经18岁了 |
[18:55] | Good God, you’re 18. | 天呐 你都18岁了 |
[18:58] | How did that happen? | 怎么会长这么快呢 |
[19:04] | Is it okay if I call Trip and tell him to come over? | 我可以打电话给特里普 叫他过来吗 |
[19:07] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[19:10] | Can I speak to him for a second so I can apologize? | 我能跟他说几句话 给他道个歉吗 |
[19:13] | You’re so great, Mom. | 你真是太好了 妈 |
[19:20] | Hi, Mrs. A. | 嗨 A太太 |
[19:20] | If you ever so much as touch my daughter without clothes on, | 如果你敢脱掉我女儿的衣服摸她 |
[19:23] | I will hang you with your own … | 我就用你自己的…”吊”死你 |
[19:26] | Copy that, Mrs. A. | 收到 A太太 |
[19:34] | And I shouldn’t have gotten mad at you. | 我不该生你的气的 |
[19:35] | You were just trying to help. | 你只是想帮忙而已 |
[19:38] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[19:39] | Yeah. Me, too. | 是啊 我也很抱歉 |
[19:41] | But this spoke to me in a personal way. | 因为我个人的经历 这事让我深有共鸣 |
[19:43] | When I was in high school, | 我念高中的时候 |
[19:44] | I had to keep it a secret that I was gay | 不得不隐瞒我是同性恋这事 |
[19:45] | and I always wished I had someone to go to. | 我一直希望能有人让我可以倾诉求助 |
[19:48] | I would have been that person for you. | 如果我在 一定愿意成为你的那个人 |
[19:50] | Oh. Yeah, I would’ve, too. | 是啊 我也愿意的 |
[19:52] | No. | 才不会 |
[19:53] | I would have told everybody, and then I would have made up | 我肯定会大肆宣扬这事 再给你取一个 |
[19:56] | a very funny, but offensive nickname. | 很搞笑 同时也很冒犯人的外号 |
[19:59] | It was a different time! | 那时候时代不同嘛 |
[20:02] | I miss it. | 我好怀念高中时代 |
[20:07] | I have a little bell I want you to make me wear. | 我有个小铃铛 我希望你强迫我戴上 |
[20:10] | You’re wicked. | 你好坏呀 |
[20:12] | I’m about to recycle my breakfast. | 我的早餐都要吐出来回收再吃了 |
[20:15] | I just wish Bill Doty was here | 我真希望比尔·多提也在这里 |
[20:17] | to share in our eco-victory. | 分享我们的环保胜利 |
[20:19] | But he has his career. | 但他有他的事业 |
[20:22] | Is this job a hobby to you? | 这工作对你来说只是个兴趣爱好吗 |
[20:24] | No, sir. | 不是 先生 |
[20:25] | Think you’re so special, you can take a 50-minute lunch? | 你以为你很特殊 午餐时间可以长达50分钟吗 |
[20:28] | It won’t happen again. | 下次不会了 |
[20:30] | Think this is fun for me, riding you like this? | 你以为像这样欺压你 对我来说很好玩吗 |
[20:32] | Alright, I got a geometry final tomorrow, alright? | 我明天还有几何考试呢 明白吗 |
[20:34] | I don’t need this, Bill. | 我不需要跟你搞这一套 比尔 |
[20:36] | Now get back in there and push the New Balance. | 现在给我进去 努力推销新百伦的鞋 |
[20:39] | I could help you study for your final. | 我可以帮你复习 迎接考试 |
[20:40] | I have a master’s degree in — | 我有学位… |
[20:41] | Why don’t you sell the damn shoes, Bill?! | 好好卖鞋 别多话 行吗 比尔 |