时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | This is Katie Otto. | 我是凯蒂·奥图 |
[00:01] | I am confirming that the gender reveal cake | 我打开确认性别揭晓蛋糕 |
[00:03] | will be ready for pick-up this afternoon. | 今天下午可以取 |
[00:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:07] | Gender reveal cake? | 性别揭晓蛋糕 |
[00:08] | When you cut into it, the filling is either pink or blue | 切开蛋糕 馅料是粉色或蓝色 |
[00:10] | to announce if the baby is a boy or a girl. | 宣布宝宝是男孩还是女孩 |
[00:13] | Aww, that’s adorable! | 太可爱了 |
[00:15] | It’s obnoxious. | 太讨厌了 |
[00:16] | Have some class, and find out the old-fashioned way — | 有点品味吧 按老方法来揭晓 |
[00:18] | look at its junk when it comes out of your body. | 宝宝从身体出来时看两腿之间就行 |
[00:20] | Anna-Kat, stop! | 安娜凯特 停下 |
[00:21] | Give me back my phone, you little — | 把手机还给我 你这个小… |
[00:23] | Taylor, don’t you dare! | 泰勒 你说出来试试 |
[00:24] | I’m the only one in this house who is allowed to swear. | 家里只有我能说脏话 |
[00:29] | See? | 看 |
[00:31] | She was in my room, and she stole my phone again! | 她进我房间 又偷了我的手机 |
[00:33] | She was on my Instagram, liking my posts! | 她登录我的照片墙 点赞我的照片 |
[00:34] | Now, people think I’m liking my own posts! | 现在大家以为我赞自己的照片 |
[00:36] | Do you know how embarrassing that is?! | 知道这有多丢人吗 |
[00:38] | Do you realize you only have two voices — | 你知道你只有两种声音吗 |
[00:40] | normal and… “My parachute’s not opening!” | 正常的和”我的降落伞打不开了” |
[00:42] | Stop taking Taylor’s phone. | 别拿泰勒的电话 |
[00:45] | Maybe she would stop if she had her own phone. | 也许她自己有手机就不会拿了 |
[00:47] | She’s not getting a phone. | 我不会给她买手机 |
[00:49] | No one in this house gets a phone until they are 14. | 这个家的人到14岁才能有手机 |
[00:52] | But every year, on your birthday, | 但每年你过生日 |
[00:53] | you say that age is just a number | 你都说年纪只是数字 |
[00:55] | that means absolutely nothing. | 没有任何意义 |
[00:57] | Greg… | 格雷格 |
[00:59] | No phone for you. | 你不准用手机 |
[01:03] | Thanks, honey. | 谢了 亲爱的 |
[01:04] | She had me boxed in. | 她让我哑口无言 |
[01:16] | What kind of watch are you looking for? | 你要找什么样的表 |
[01:17] | A knock-around one I can wear with sneakers — | 休闲的 配运动鞋的 |
[01:19] | mid-five-figures, tops. | 最多五万左右 |
[01:21] | My friend at Numble told me they’re about to patent | 我在Numble的朋友告诉我 他们就快获得 |
[01:23] | a new optical fiber technology. | 新的光纤技术专利 |
[01:26] | The news doesn’t break until next week, | 这消息下周才公布 |
[01:27] | so if you put down a little now, | 如果现在买进一点 |
[01:28] | it’ll be worth a fortune on Monday. | 周一就发大财了 |
[01:31] | Hey, I just overheard those guys talking about a stock tip. | 我刚无意中听到那边的人说股票消息 |
[01:34] | If I invest what I’ve saved from working at Tuscadero’s Pizza, | 如果我把在披萨店打工存的钱投进去 |
[01:37] | I could make some serious money. | 我可以赚大钱 |
[01:38] | Amigo, you can’t trust random guys | 朋友 你可不能轻易相信 |
[01:41] | to have legitimate information about the market. | 路人说的股市信息 |
[01:44] | Hold up. Prada suits, Gucci Oxfords, | 慢着 普拉达西装 古驰鞋 |
[01:47] | and their hair pomades have hold but a matte finish. | 发油定型却不油光 |
[01:50] | They check out. | 可以信 |
[01:52] | The problem is, I’m not 18, | 问题是我没到18岁 |
[01:54] | which means I can’t open a brokerage account on my own. | 我不能自己开交易账号 |
[01:56] | I’ll need my parents’ help. | 我需要父母帮我 |
[01:57] | I remember when I got my first brokerage account. | 我记得我第一次开交易账号 |
[02:00] | I called it my “Bwo-bwo.” | 我管它叫”交交” |
[02:02] | I know. I was adorable. | 我知道 我很可爱 |
[02:03] | No. No, you weren’t. | 不 不可爱 |
[02:07] | I just want them to stop fighting. | 我只想让她们别吵了 |
[02:09] | Anna-Kat keeps taking Taylor’s phone, | 安娜凯特总是拿走泰勒的手机 |
[02:11] | which is driving her crazy, which is driving me crazy. | 让泰勒暴走 也让我暴走 |
[02:14] | So, get her her own phone. | 给她买个手机呗 |
[02:16] | I got them for all my kids so they’d leave me alone. | 我给我孩子全买了 让他们别来烦我 |
[02:18] | My baby calls Siri “Mama”. | 我的宝宝管语音助手叫妈妈 |
[02:20] | Okay, that’s bananas. | 你真是疯了 |
[02:21] | Phones are an epidemic with kids today. | 手机是现在孩子的传染病 |
[02:23] | They destroy their social skills and distort their self-worth. | 摧毁他们的社交能力 扭曲他们的自我价值 |
[02:25] | I’m with Angela. | 我同意安吉拉的话 |
[02:27] | And research shows that they also stunt brain development. | 研究表明手机还会阻碍他们的大脑发育 |
[02:29] | 100%. | 百分百的 |
[02:30] | That’s why I sometimes communicate with my kids | 所以有时我会和孩子们沟通 |
[02:32] | silently through meditation. | 通过冥想沉默沟通 |
[02:34] | You always do that. | 你总是这样 |
[02:36] | You get me in the car with you, | 你让我和你坐上一辆车 |
[02:37] | we are heading to the same destination, | 我们目的地一样 |
[02:39] | and then, you just veer right off a cliff. | 然后你就转向冲下悬崖 |
[02:44] | If you don’t want Anna-Kat obsessing over a phone, | 如果你不希望安娜凯特对手机痴迷 |
[02:46] | then maybe get off yours. | 也许你应该放下手机 |
[02:48] | Lead by example. | 做个榜样 |
[02:49] | You know I don’t do that. | 你知道我不会的 |
[02:53] | Oh, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[02:55] | Mama’s coming. | 妈妈来了 |
[02:57] | Bananas. | 疯了 |
[03:00] | Hey, Dad. | 爸 |
[03:02] | Hey, Oliver. | 奥利弗 |
[03:04] | I was wondering if you’d help me open a brokerage account. | 你能帮我开个交易账号吗 |
[03:06] | I don’t see why not. | 有何不可 |
[03:08] | Great. | 太好了 |
[03:09] | I want to put all my money into a company called Numble. | 我想把钱全投给Numble公司 |
[03:12] | Well, have you done your research? | 你做了研究吗 |
[03:13] | I overheard this Wall Street guy talking about it. | 我无意中听到华尔街的人谈到 |
[03:14] | He had inside information. | 他有内线消息 |
[03:16] | It’s a sure thing. | 肯定赚钱 |
[03:17] | Oliver, inside information | 奥利弗 内线消息 |
[03:18] | is the same thing as insider trading, and that’s illegal. | 等同于内线交易 这是违法的 |
[03:22] | Illegal or frowned upon? | 违法还是不赞同 |
[03:24] | Illegal! | 违法 |
[03:25] | And there’s no way I will allow you to do that. | 我不可能允许你这样做 |
[03:29] | What did you just say? | 你说什么 |
[03:31] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[03:33] | No, if you have something to say, you say it to my face. | 不 如果你有话要说就当着我的面说 |
[03:38] | Just because you’re okay living like the “Before” Picture | 就算你生活在《改头换面 家装版》 |
[03:41] | in “Extreme Makeover Home Edition” | 改造前的房子里 |
[03:42] | doesn’t mean you should expect me to. | 不代表你就要指望我也这样 |
[03:44] | I’m not asking you to not have ambition, | 我没叫你不要有雄心 |
[03:46] | but I expect you to be honest. | 但我希望你诚实 |
[03:47] | Fine. You’ve never taken one chance. | 好 你从来没有把握机会 |
[03:49] | You’ve always played it safe, and look where it’s got you. | 你总是打安全牌 看你的下场 |
[03:55] | I take risks every day. | 我每天都在冒险 |
[03:56] | Brown belt, black shoes — that takes guts. | 棕色皮带 黑色鞋子 这是需要勇气的 |
[04:00] | Why am I talking to you? You’re color-blind. | 我为什么跟你说 你是色盲 |
[04:02] | I’m finally fed up with him. | 我真是受够他了 |
[04:03] | Even if our theory is true | 就算我们猜的是对的 |
[04:05] | that we brought the wrong kid home from the hospital, | 我们在医院抱错了孩子回家 |
[04:06] | we still had 15 years to fix him. | 我们还是有15年时间改造他 |
[04:08] | It’s starting to look like this is on us. | 现在开始觉得这是我们的错了 |
[04:09] | I’m super-busy right now. | 我现在很忙 |
[04:11] | Can this just be on you? | 可以是你自己的错吗 |
[04:12] | You said you had an easy day and only had to pick up a cake. | 你说你今天很轻松 拿个蛋糕就行 |
[04:16] | I forgot I told you that. | 我忘了跟你说过 |
[04:18] | I yell at him — That doesn’t work. | 我吼他 不管用 |
[04:20] | I try to lead by example — He thinks I’m a cautionary tale. | 我试着做榜样 他觉得我是警世故事 |
[04:22] | Leading by example is a huge pain in the ass. | 做榜样最讨厌了 |
[04:25] | Before you know it, you are serving fruit for dessert | 还没清醒过来 你已经拿水果当甜点 |
[04:27] | like a damn animal. | 像动物一样 |
[04:28] | I just don’t know how I’m gonna get through to him. | 我不知道该怎么跟他说清楚 |
[04:30] | Well, maybe you have to try something different. | 也许你应该试点不同的 |
[04:32] | Whatever you normally would do, do the opposite. | 你通常怎么做 反着来就行 |
[04:36] | Mom, I need you! | 妈 过来 |
[04:38] | Any chance she’s calling me up there for a hug? | 有可能她是叫我过去拥抱吗 |
[04:40] | Or to show you her finished homework? | 或是给你看做完的家庭作业 |
[04:41] | Or to offer insightful commentary about a book she just read? | 或是对刚看完的书发表深刻见解 |
[04:46] | Mom! | 妈 |
[04:51] | Hey. You know your scenario where you run away to Mexico? | 你记得你幻想逃去墨西哥吗 |
[04:54] | I’m going with you. | 我跟你一起去 |
[04:55] | Okay. But I’m going to need my sexual freedom down there. | 好 但在那里我在性方面是自由的 |
[04:58] | Fine. | 好 |
[05:00] | But then my fanny pack and ponytail are back on the table. | 但我要系腰包 留马尾 |
[05:04] | Mom! | 妈 |
[05:05] | What is it! | 什么事 |
[05:06] | Anna-Kat’s been going through my things, | 安娜凯特翻我的东西 |
[05:07] | and she stole my phone again! | 又偷了我的手机 |
[05:09] | I want it back. | 我要找回来 |
[05:10] | Relax. | 冷静 |
[05:11] | There is an easy way to find it. | 找到很简单 |
[05:18] | I found Taylor’s phone. | 我找到了泰勒的手机 |
[05:20] | And I changed your wallpaper. | 我换了壁纸 |
[05:24] | Look, it’s me waving. | 看 是我在挥手 |
[05:29] | Mom, you need to get her her own phone! | 妈 你要给她买个手机 |
[05:31] | For the 100th time, that is not happening. | 说了一百遍 不可能 |
[05:34] | Then I have a better idea. | 那我有更好的主意 |
[05:35] | Buy me a phone, and Anna-Kat can have my old one. | 给我买个手机 旧的给安娜凯特 |
[05:38] | Everyone wins. | 大家都开心 |
[05:39] | When I was your age, there were no cellphones, | 我在你这个年纪 根本没有手机 |
[05:41] | and I was better for it. | 我那时更开心 |
[05:42] | I went out into the world, talked to people, | 我走进社会 与人交谈 |
[05:44] | got strangers to buy me beer outside 7-Eleven. | 让陌生人在便利店外给我买啤酒 |
[05:47] | It was an all-American childhood. | 标准的美式童年 |
[05:48] | Look at you now. | 看你现在 |
[05:49] | You use your phone as much as anyone. | 你和所有人一样手机不离手 |
[05:51] | But I don’t need to. | 但我不需要这样 |
[05:52] | You couldn’t survive a single day without it. | 没有手机你一天都活不了 |
[05:56] | Is that what you think? | 你是这样想的吗 |
[05:59] | It’s what I know. | 我知道是这样 |
[06:00] | Crap, I guess I have to lead by example. | 见鬼 看来我得做榜样了 |
[06:02] | I should’ve just bred dogs. | 我应该养狗不养人的 |
[06:04] | Okay. How about this — | 好 不如这样 |
[06:06] | If I can go until tonight without using my phone, | 如果我可以一直到晚上都不用手机 |
[06:08] | then there will be no more talk of Anna-Kat | 就不要再提给安娜凯特 |
[06:10] | getting a phone until I decide it’s time. | 买手机 直到我决定时间到了 |
[06:12] | And if you use your phone, | 如果你用手机 |
[06:14] | you have to buy me a new one, and Anna-Kat gets my old one. | 你就得给我买新的 我的旧手机给安娜凯特 |
[06:17] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[06:18] | But I’m going phone-free, then you are, too. | 但如果我不用手机 你也一样 |
[06:21] | You can’t do that to me! | 你不能这样对我 |
[06:23] | How will I know what’s happening in the world?! | 我怎么知道世界上的事 |
[06:24] | By opening your eyes and participating in it. | 张开双眼 参与其中 |
[06:26] | Disgusting. | 恶心 |
[06:28] | And to make sure that you don’t cheat, | 为确保你不作弊 |
[06:29] | you are coming with me to pick up the cake for the baby shower. | 你跟我一起去为宝宝送礼会送蛋糕 |
[06:32] | This is so not fair! | 真不公平 |
[06:33] | You know what’s not fair? What you kids did to this body! | 知道什么不公平吗 你们对我身体的破坏 |
[06:36] | I’m 9, mom. | 我9岁了 妈 |
[06:38] | You can’t blame me for that anymore. | 你不能再怪我了 |
[06:40] | At some point, | 在某种程度上 |
[06:41] | you have to start taking some responsibility. | 你得找自己的责任 |
[06:44] | Never. | 休想 |
[06:53] | See, you made it here without using GPS. | 看 没用GPS你也开到这里了 |
[06:57] | Am I the only one who noticed | 只有我注意到 |
[06:59] | we drove past our own house twice? | 我们开过家门两次吗 |
[07:01] | Okay. I’m gonna go pick up the cake, | 好 我去取蛋糕 |
[07:02] | and then walk it to the restaurant | 走去餐厅 |
[07:03] | where the baby shower is. | 宝宝送礼会在那里开 |
[07:04] | You two just hang out on Main Street. | 你们在主街逛逛 |
[07:06] | I’ll meet you back here in an hour. | 一小时后这里见 |
[07:08] | How are we supposed to contact you if we need you? | 要找你怎么联系你 |
[07:10] | For thousands of years, | 几千年来 |
[07:11] | when kids were away from their parents, | 孩子离开家长 |
[07:13] | they met at an agreed-upon time. | 会在商定的时间见面 |
[07:14] | But how will I know what time it is? | 我怎么知道时间 |
[07:16] | A clock? | 钟 |
[07:17] | Disgusting. | 恶心 |
[07:21] | I should’ve known my dad wouldn’t help me. | 我应该知道我爸不会帮我 |
[07:23] | I wish I could offer some advice, | 我也想给点建议 |
[07:25] | but I have no experience in not getting what I want. | 但在想要东西得不到方面 我没经验 |
[07:27] | My dad’s holding my financial future hostage. | 我爸扣押了我的金融前景 |
[07:30] | He doesn’t understand me. | 他根本不懂我 |
[07:33] | I wish I could talk to someone who does. | 真希望能跟懂我的人谈 |
[07:35] | Wait. | 慢着 |
[07:36] | Maybe I can. | 也许可以 |
[07:43] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[07:44] | Spencer’s lawyer gave me these after he died. | 斯宾塞去世后 他律师给我的 |
[07:48] | Spencer, the rich old guy who lived across the street | 斯宾塞 住在街对面的有钱老头 |
[07:50] | with the great tan and the amazing laugh? | 美黑很漂亮 笑容很爽朗的那位 |
[07:55] | Spencer was the best. | 斯宾塞最棒了 |
[07:59] | He made these tapes to give me advice | 他在这些录像带中给我建议 |
[08:01] | for every conceivable life situation. | 包括了所有能想象到的生活状况 |
[08:04] | There must be something on these tapes that will help me. | 带子里肯定有内容可以帮到我 |
[08:07] | So, Ollie boy, here’s how you hide your money | 小奥 联调局盯上你时 |
[08:09] | when the Feds are onto you. | 你要这样藏钱 |
[08:10] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[08:14] | So, Ollie boy, here’s what you do | 小奥 你跳舞时流汗太多 |
[08:16] | when you sweat so much while you’re dancing | 无法脱下皮裤 |
[08:18] | you can’t take off your leather pants. | 就要这样做 |
[08:22] | Ollie boy, this might not apply to you, | 小奥 这条可能对你没用 |
[08:25] | but here’s how you win back Daryl Hannah. | 但你要这样赢回达里尔·汉娜 |
[08:30] | So, Ollie boy, | 小奥 |
[08:31] | you’re wondering how much to tip | 你想知道给人体寿司盘 |
[08:32] | your human sushi tray. | 多少小费 |
[08:35] | Ollie boy, this is how you make your first million. | 小奥 你要这样赚取你的第一个一百万 |
[08:38] | This is the one I was looking for. | 这是我要找的 |
[08:39] | If you’re watching this, | 如果你在看这个 |
[08:41] | my gut tells me you’re sitting on something good. | 我的直觉告诉我 你碰到好事了 |
[08:43] | And if that’s true, | 如果真是这样 |
[08:45] | do whatever you have to do to get the job done. | 用尽一切手段做到 |
[08:48] | Be ruthless. | 要无情 |
[08:50] | Feel free to call my lawyer, Linda Ramirez. | 可以打给我的律师琳达·拉米雷斯 |
[08:53] | Now, she knows how to get things done. | 她知道怎么把事情搞定 |
[08:56] | And if you’re over 21, she’s fun to have a drink with. | 如果你满了21岁 和她喝几杯也挺有意思 |
[09:03] | I knew Spencer would have the perfect advice. | 我就知道斯宾塞会有完美的建议 |
[09:05] | Would you mind if we circled back to that Daryl Hannah tape? | 可以倒回去看看达里尔·汉娜的带子吗 |
[09:08] | What? | 怎么了 |
[09:09] | You’re not curious? | 你不好奇吗 |
[09:16] | I’m here to pick up a cake. | 我来取蛋糕 |
[09:17] | Okay. I’ll just need your confirmation number. | 确认号码告诉我 |
[09:19] | Oh, sure. | 好 |
[09:21] | It’s in my phone, which I don’t have on me. | 在手机里 我没带 |
[09:24] | That’s all right. I can look it up in the system. | 没事 我在系统里查 |
[09:26] | – What’s your name? – Katie Otto. | -你的名字 -凯蒂·奥图 |
[09:28] | Here it is. | 在这里 |
[09:29] | Now, if I could just see some ID. | 有身份证吗 |
[09:34] | Left my wallet in the car. | 钱包忘在车上了 |
[09:36] | Can you just take my word for it? | 说一下不就行了吗 |
[09:37] | I’m kind of in a hurry. | 我赶时间 |
[09:38] | I’m afraid not. | 恐怕不行 |
[09:39] | It’s against company policy. | 这有违公司规定 |
[09:41] | It’s called Bernice’s Cakes. | 你们公司叫柏妮丝蛋糕 |
[09:43] | You’re Bernice. | 你就是柏妮丝 |
[09:44] | It’s your policy. | 是你的规定 |
[09:45] | I can’t break my own policy. | 我不能违反自己的规定 |
[09:47] | How would that look to my employees? | 我的员工会怎么看 |
[09:50] | You’re the only one here! | 这里只有你 |
[09:51] | I used to bring my dog to work, | 我以前会带狗来上班 |
[09:52] | but the guy from the health department got all in a tizzy! | 但卫生部的人搞得紧张兮兮的 |
[09:54] | I’m gonna go get my ID. | 我去拿身份证 |
[09:56] | Anything else you need, Bernice? | 还需要什么 柏妮丝 |
[09:57] | Fingerprints, blood samples? | 指纹 血样 |
[09:59] | You want me to pee in a cup? | 要我尿在杯子里吗 |
[10:00] | Restrooms are for employees only. | 厕所只限员工使用 |
[10:02] | Company policy. | 公司规定 |
[10:03] | I really don’t like you, Bernice. | 我真心不喜欢你 柏妮丝 |
[10:07] | I got mint chip. | 我的是薄荷巧克力片 |
[10:08] | Want to try it before I’m done? | 我没吃完 想试试吗 |
[10:11] | Is this thing on? | 这东西开了吗 |
[10:14] | This is the worst. | 真是差劲 |
[10:15] | I can’t take a photo of my ice cream and post it. | 我不能拍冰淇淋的照片发到网上 |
[10:17] | I mean, what’s the point of just eating it? | 吃它有什么意义 |
[10:36] | Okay. Spencer’s lawyer said my best option is to emancipate. | 斯宾塞的律师说我最好的选择就是脱离关系 |
[10:39] | What exactly does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[10:40] | They give up their parental rights, | 他们放弃父母的权利 |
[10:41] | and then, I’m legally an adult. | 我在法律上就是成人了 |
[10:43] | Then, I can spend money on whatever stock I want. | 我就可以花钱买我想买的股票 |
[10:44] | And once you’re legal, | 你成为成年人后 |
[10:46] | you can take us to Enterprise and rent us a Corolla. | 你可以带我们去租车行租辆卡罗拉 |
[10:48] | You have, like, 15 Maseratis. | 你有15辆玛莎拉蒂 |
[10:49] | Why would you want to rent a car? | 你为什么要租车 |
[10:51] | Sometimes, it’s just fun to live like a normie. | 有时候像平民一样生活很好玩 |
[10:53] | That’s what I call you guys. | 我是这样称呼你们的 |
[10:55] | Yeah, I got that. Thank you. | 我知道 谢谢 |
[10:57] | It says here, in order to emancipate, | 这上面说 要脱离关系 |
[10:59] | your parents have to sign off on it. | 你父母必须签字同意 |
[11:01] | Or you could take them to court, and let a judge decide. | 或你带他们去法庭 让法官决定 |
[11:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:05] | Like Spencer said, | 就像斯宾塞说的 |
[11:07] | I have to do whatever I have to do. | 我必须用尽一切手段 |
[11:09] | Be ruthless. | 要无情 |
[11:10] | You want to know how I made my first million? | 你想知道我怎么赚到第一个一百万吗 |
[11:11] | I can’t imagine I want to hear this. | 我无法想象我想知道 |
[11:13] | I beat my dad in mini-golf when I was 6. | 6岁时打迷你高尔夫赢了我爸 |
[11:22] | Damn it. | 见鬼 |
[11:23] | Taylor’s got the keys. | 钥匙在泰勒手上 |
[11:26] | And I don’t have my phone! | 我没有手机 |
[11:30] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[11:31] | I’ll just find them. | 我去找她们 |
[11:39] | Excuse me, did you happen to see my daughters walk by? | 打扰了 你看到我女儿经过吗 |
[11:42] | A blonde about this tall and a brunette about this tall? | 这么高的金发 这么高的深色头发 |
[11:45] | Do you have a picture? | 你有照片吗 |
[11:46] | I have like 1,000, | 多的是 |
[11:47] | but they’re on my phone, and I don’t have it. | 但在手机上 我没带 |
[11:49] | Oh. Why not? | 为什么 |
[11:50] | Because I’m trying to set a good example for my kids | 我想给孩子做好榜样 |
[11:52] | by not relying on phones. | 不要依赖手机 |
[11:53] | You know what, that’s a good point. | 真的有道理 |
[11:55] | I’ve been spending too much time on my phone. | 我花了太多时间在手机上 |
[11:57] | And if it’s not my phone, it’s my TV or my iPad, | 不是手机也是电视 平板 |
[12:00] | and then, there’s the computer. | 还有电脑 |
[12:01] | Oh, and do you know about these watches? | 你知道那些手表吗 |
[12:03] | I don’t have time for this. | 我没时间 |
[12:06] | Hey, you started talking to me, lady! | 你先和我说话的 女士 |
[12:10] | Try one on! | 试试这个 |
[12:11] | Nah, I’m good. | 我不想 |
[12:16] | Here. | 给 |
[12:21] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[12:22] | You look like Sadness from “Inside Out.” | 你像《头脑特工队》里的忧忧 |
[12:45] | We should do matching fake eyelashes! | 我们贴配对的假睫毛吧 |
[12:49] | God, I hope Mom’s cheating and using her phone | 天啊 希望妈作弊用她的手机 |
[12:51] | so I can get a new one. | 这样我就有新手机了 |
[12:53] | Can you stop worrying about your phone for 10 minutes? | 你能十分钟不想手机的事吗 |
[12:56] | You should hope she’s cheating, too, | 你也应该希望她作弊 |
[12:58] | so you get one, as well. | 这样你就有手机了 |
[12:59] | I don’t want one. | 我不想要手机 |
[13:01] | Then why do you keep stealing mine? | 那你为什么总是偷我的手机 |
[13:02] | I wasn’t stealing it because I wanted a phone! | 我不是因为想要手机才偷的 |
[13:06] | You are so stupid! | 你太傻了 |
[13:08] | The only reason I’m stupid today | 我今天傻的唯一原因 |
[13:10] | is because I don’t have a phone to be smart for me! | 因为没手机让我聪明起来 |
[13:22] | Have you come to apologize? | 你来道歉吗 |
[13:23] | No. | 不 |
[13:24] | But after consideration and some counsel, | 但考虑并咨询法律顾问后 |
[13:25] | I made a decision. | 我做出了决定 |
[13:27] | If you don’t buy that stock for me, | 如果你不给我买股票 |
[13:28] | I’m gonna be forced to take you and Mom to court | 我将被迫带你和妈去法庭 |
[13:30] | to get myself emancipated. | 和你们脱离关系 |
[13:32] | Emanci– | 脱离… |
[13:35] | Do the opposite. | 反着来 |
[13:37] | Emancipated. I see. | 脱离关系 我知道了 |
[13:38] | I’m afraid you’ve left me no choice. | 恐怕你让我别无选择 |
[13:40] | Okey dokey. | 好的 |
[13:41] | That’s it? | 就这样 |
[13:42] | Yes Siree Bob. | 当然了 |
[13:44] | I guess I’ll see you in court, then. | 那我们法庭见 |
[13:45] | Not if I see you first. | 除非我先见到你 |
[13:58] | Here’s the cake. | 蛋糕好了 |
[13:59] | Let me box it for you. | 我为你装起来 |
[14:01] | So, unfortunately, my wallet is locked in the car, | 很遗憾 我的钱包锁在了车里 |
[14:04] | and my daughter has the keys. | 钥匙在我女儿手上 |
[14:06] | Can’t you call her? | 你不能打电话给她吗 |
[14:07] | No. I can’t. | 不能 |
[14:09] | I don’t have a phone. | 我没手机 |
[14:11] | Oh, right, right. | 对 |
[14:12] | Ooh, maybe you could shoot her an e-mail. | 也许你能发邮件给她 |
[14:14] | Again, I can’t, Bernice, because I don’t have — | 再说一遍 不行 柏妮丝 我没有… |
[14:17] | I see what you’re doing. | 我知道你在干嘛 |
[14:19] | Welcome to Bernice’s Cakes. | 欢迎来到柏妮丝蛋糕店 |
[14:20] | This is my house! | 这是我的地盘 |
[14:22] | Bernice, could you just give me a break, here? | 柏妮丝 你就帮帮我吧 |
[14:24] | If I don’t get this cake to a baby shower in 10 minutes, | 如果我十分钟内不把蛋糕送到宝宝送礼会上 |
[14:26] | I could lose my job. | 我可能会失业 |
[14:28] | If I give this cake away without proper ID, | 如果没有身份证我就把蛋糕给出去 |
[14:30] | I could lose my job! | 我可能会失业 |
[14:32] | You own the place! | 你是老板 |
[14:33] | You’d be firing yourself! | 你那是炒掉自己 |
[14:34] | It’s company policy! | 这是公司规定 |
[14:37] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[14:40] | Bernice’s Cakes. Bernice speaking. | 柏妮丝蛋糕店 我是柏妮丝 |
[14:53] | Hey, stop! | 站住 |
[14:57] | It’s a girl! | 是个女孩 |
[15:11] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[15:13] | You never want to hang out. | 你从来不想一起玩 |
[15:16] | You’re so busy on your phone, | 你忙着你的手机 |
[15:17] | giving likes to everyone but me. | 给所有人点赞 除了我 |
[15:19] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[15:20] | You don’t act like it. | 你的表现不是 |
[15:21] | That’s why I steal your phone. | 所以我偷你的手机 |
[15:23] | It’s the only way you’ll give me any attention. | 只有这样你才会注意我 |
[15:25] | I’m 17. You’re 9. So, I’m… | 我17岁 你9岁 所以我… |
[15:31] | Eight… | 8岁 |
[15:32] | …eight years older than you. | 比你大8岁 |
[15:34] | We’re just at different stages of our lives right now. | 现在我们处于生活中的不同阶段 |
[15:37] | But we’re sisters. | 但我们是姐妹 |
[15:39] | Eight years is nothing | 8年不算什么 |
[15:40] | when you think we’ll be together our whole lives. | 我们这辈子都要在一起 |
[15:43] | We’re going to go on cruises together with Mom after Dad dies. | 爸死后 我们会和妈一起去坐游轮 |
[15:48] | I never meant to make you feel like I didn’t like you. | 我从来不想让你觉得我不喜欢你 |
[15:52] | And I promise, I’ll look up from my phone more often, | 我保证 我会少看手机 |
[15:55] | and spend more time with you. | 多和你一起玩 |
[16:01] | There you two are! | 你们在这 |
[16:02] | What happened to you? | 你怎么了 |
[16:03] | I need to take a picture of this. | 我要拍张照片 |
[16:06] | Damn it! | 见鬼 |
[16:07] | Mom, give me your phone. | 妈 把手机给我 |
[16:10] | Damn it! | 见鬼 |
[16:26] | So, Ollie boy, you’re getting married. | 小奥 你要结婚了 |
[16:29] | Let’s talk pre-nup. | 我们来聊聊婚前协议 |
[16:31] | I remember when I got married for the second time. | 我记得我二婚时 |
[16:34] | Gabby. | 加比 |
[16:35] | We met at a nightclub. | 我们在夜店认识的 |
[16:36] | I owned the club, but she owned my heart… | 夜店是我的 但她赢得了我的心 |
[16:39] | and half my stuff after the divorce. | 离婚后还拿了我一半家产 |
[16:42] | Wait, Gabby was my third wife. | 等等 加比是我的第三任老婆 |
[16:44] | Who the hell was my second wife? | 我第二任老婆是谁 |
[16:53] | My dad seems fine with me being emancipated. | 我爸对我脱离关系似乎没意见 |
[16:57] | If you were here, you’d tell me how to play this, | 如果你在这里 你会告诉我怎么做 |
[16:59] | and then laugh for no reason. | 然后无缘无故的笑 |
[17:08] | You sure you want to go through with | 你确定你想完成 |
[17:09] | this whole emancipation thing? | 脱离关系 |
[17:12] | I guess. | 我想是的 |
[17:14] | You never let anyone stand in the way | 你这辈子想要什么 |
[17:15] | of getting what you wanted in life. | 从没让别人妨碍过你 |
[17:17] | That’s true. But then again, maybe I’m not the best example. | 没错 但话说回来 也许我不是最好的榜样 |
[17:21] | You’ll notice these tapes are all about | 你会注意到这些录像带 |
[17:23] | how to get yourself out of bad situations. | 全是教你如何从困境中脱困 |
[17:28] | This one is you telling me | 这一盘是你告诉我 |
[17:29] | how you kept your wife and mistress | 你怎么让你的老婆和情妇 |
[17:31] | from finding out about your girlfriend. | 不发现你的女友 |
[17:32] | Maybe — Maybe it’s best | 也许你一开始 |
[17:34] | if you don’t get yourself into these situations to begin with. | 就不让自己陷入困境是最好的 |
[17:38] | You know, I think that’s, uh… | 我想这是 |
[17:40] | what your father’s trying to tell you. | 你爸想告诉你的 |
[17:42] | But this could be my big break. | 但这可能是我的大好机会 |
[17:43] | You’ll have plenty of big breaks, | 你会有很多大好机会 |
[17:45] | but you only have one father. | 但你只有一个父亲 |
[17:48] | You should be in no hurry to get rid of him. | 你不应该急着摆脱他 |
[17:51] | Remember what I used to tell you? | 记得我以前跟你说过什么吗 |
[17:53] | You’re a good person. | 你是个好人 |
[17:55] | And the first step in being a good person | 做好人的第一步 |
[17:58] | is knowing when you’re wrong. | 就是知道自己何时错了 |
[18:01] | And the next step | 接下来 |
[18:02] | is rewarding yourself for doing right | 奖励自己做对了 |
[18:05] | with a nice, crisp, nudie mag. | 看一本新鲜松脆的裸体杂志 |
[18:12] | I wish you were here. | 真希望你在这里 |
[18:13] | You and me both, kiddo. | 我也希望 孩子 |
[18:16] | You and me both. | 我也希望 |
[18:25] | I’m here! I’m here. | 我来了 我来了 |
[18:26] | I had a little trouble with my order at Bernice’s Cakes. | 在订蛋糕的柏妮丝蛋糕店出了点麻烦 |
[18:29] | They should call it “Bernice’s Attitude,” | 店名应该叫”柏妮丝的丑脾气” |
[18:31] | because that’s all she offers. | 因为她就卖这个 |
[18:33] | She did this to me. | 这是她做的 |
[18:34] | Then, I had to drive to the other bakery on the Post Road. | 然后我得开到邮政街上另一家蛋糕店 |
[18:37] | We would’ve called ahead, | 我们也想先打电话 |
[18:38] | but she was trying to teach us a lesson. | 但她想给我们一个教训 |
[18:40] | Totally backfired. | 完全事与愿违 |
[18:41] | But I’m here! | 但我来了 |
[18:42] | Just in time. | 刚好赶上 |
[18:43] | Mrs. Otto, did nobody call you? | 奥图太太 没人打你电话吗 |
[18:45] | The baby shower was canceled. | 宝宝送礼会取消了 |
[18:46] | The mother woke up with a bad cold. | 母亲醒来重感冒 |
[18:48] | Gosh, if only you’d had your phone, | 天啊 要是你带了手机就好了 |
[18:51] | you wouldn’t be wearing a cake that nobody wanted. | 你就不用穿着没人要的蛋糕 |
[18:55] | Do you have a back office or something, | 你这里有没有后勤办公室或是什么 |
[18:57] | where someone can discretely beat their child? | 可以让人躲开来揍孩子的 |
[19:01] | Of course. Right this way. | 当然有 这边请 |
[19:09] | Oliver. | 奥利弗 |
[19:13] | I’m sorry for how I spoke to you earlier, | 抱歉之前那样跟你说话 |
[19:15] | and for threatening to emancipate. | 威胁要脱离关系 |
[19:18] | The truth is, I realized I’m lucky | 事实上 我意识到我很幸运 |
[19:20] | to have a rule-following father looking out for me. | 有一位遵纪守法的父亲管着我 |
[19:23] | That’s nice of you to say. | 谢谢你这样说 |
[19:25] | Even if it makes it harder for me to crawl out of the belly | 哪怕这让我脱离下层社会 |
[19:27] | of the lower class. | 更为困难 |
[19:28] | Getting less nice. | 没那么谢你了 |
[19:29] | I want you to know | 我希望你知道 |
[19:30] | that I’m still gonna be super rich one day. | 总有一天我会超级有钱 |
[19:32] | I’m just gonna do it in a way that makes you proud. | 我会用你骄傲的方式办到 |
[19:36] | I’m happy to hear that. | 我很高兴你这样说 |
[19:42] | I also found a Spencer tape titled | 我还发现斯宾塞有盘带子叫 |
[19:44] | “What To Do With Your Pet Tiger Once It’s Grown Up”. | 宠物老虎长大后你怎么办 |
[19:47] | I think it’d be useful for you with Mom. | 我觉得对你和老妈有用 |
[19:49] | A lot of it applies. | 很多地方适用 |
[19:59] | Five-card draw. Play is to you. | 抽五张牌 你出 |
[20:01] | Go fish! | 摸牌 |
[20:02] | Those eight years between us | 我们之间的8年差距 |
[20:03] | really don’t make that much of a difference. | 真的没造成什么差别 |
[20:05] | That’s it! | 好了 |
[20:07] | It totally sucked, but I made it through the rest of the day | 太差劲了 但我今天 |
[20:09] | without using my phone. | 没用我的手机 |
[20:11] | Now, Anna-Kat can never ask again about getting a phone | 安娜凯特再也不能要手机 |
[20:14] | until I decide it’s time. | 除非我决定是时候了 |
[20:16] | Fine by me. | 好的 |
[20:17] | And, Taylor, you’re not getting a new phone. | 泰勒 你没新手机 |
[20:19] | Fine by me. | 好的 |
[20:21] | I see what’s going on. | 我知道怎么回事了 |
[20:23] | You’re trying to confuse me, but it’s not gonna work. | 你们想让我糊涂 不管用的 |
[20:27] | I’m on to you. | 我盯上你们了 |
[20:28] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:29] | Ooh, you guys are good. | 你们真厉害 |
[20:32] | Could you please leave? We’re having sister time. | 你能走开吗 我们姐妹在玩 |
[20:35] | Isn’t that what you wanted? | 这不是你希望的吗 |
[20:37] | Yeah, but it’s weird. | 是 但很奇怪 |
[20:39] | If you’re not upset and screaming at me, | 如果你们没生气 也没冲我尖叫 |
[20:41] | it doesn’t feel like I’ve won. | 就不觉得我赢了 |
[20:45] | I led by example, and somehow it worked. | 我做出了榜样 不知为何起作用了 |
[20:47] | Nobody wants a phone anymore, | 没人要手机了 |
[20:49] | and the girls are spending time together. | 姑娘们在一起玩了 |
[20:50] | – Oh. Good for you. – Is it? | -好样的 -是吗 |
[20:52] | If I have to lead by example all the time, | 如果我总是要做榜样 |
[20:54] | it’s gonna be a nightmare. | 那会是一场噩梦 |
[20:56] | No more complimentary bags of Doritos at the supermarket. | 再也不能在超市拿立体脆的试吃包 |
[20:59] | Well, I stopped leading by example | 我不再做榜样 |
[21:00] | and got a positive result. | 得到了正面的结果 |
[21:02] | I washed my hands of Oliver, and he came crawling back. | 我不管奥利弗了 他却爬着回来 |
[21:05] | Now, he says he wants to be a better person. | 现在他说他要做更好的人 |
[21:06] | So, what are we saying? | 什么意思 |
[21:07] | I guess there’s no one way to parent. | 做父母的方法有很多 |
[21:09] | And… | 还有呢 |
[21:11] | And you can do whatever you want at the supermarket. | 你想在超市怎样都行 |
[21:13] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[21:14] | Can I still help myself to teeth whitening strips | 我在购物时还可以用 |
[21:16] | – while I’m shopping? – You do that? | -牙齿美白贴吗 -你会这样做吗 |
[21:17] | No. Never. | 不 从来没有 |