时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hey, guys. | 大家好 |
[00:05] | How was work? What event was this? | 工作怎么样 这次是什么活动 |
[00:07] | Retirement party. | 退休派对 |
[00:08] | Oh. How’d it turn out? Was he happy? | 结果如何 他开心吗 |
[00:10] | He’s retired. His kids have moved out. | 他退休了 孩子们搬出去了 |
[00:11] | He’s livin’ my dream, man! | 他过着我的理想生活 |
[00:14] | Tacos again, huh? | 又是玉米饼吗 |
[00:15] | Yeah, but tonight, it’s with lettuce-leaf shells. | 是 但今晚是生菜叶包的 |
[00:17] | I read it on Goop. It’s how Gwyneth makes hers. | 我在网上看到的 格温妮丝就是这样做 |
[00:19] | Why can’t you just go online | 你为什么不能像其他丈夫一样 |
[00:20] | and look at boobs like other husbands? | 上网查看女人胸部 |
[00:22] | Hey, you started working and put me in charge of dinners, | 你开始工作 让我负责晚餐 |
[00:25] | but you are welcome to — | 但欢迎你… |
[00:26] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no! I’ll be good. | 不不不 我没意见 |
[00:29] | Lettuce. | 生菜 |
[00:31] | Oliver, why are you doing practice tests for the S.A.T.? | 奥利弗 你为什么在做高考的练习题 |
[00:34] | You’re two years away. | 你还有两年时间 |
[00:35] | I’m getting an early jump on things. | 我早做准备 |
[00:37] | I’m gonna need a perfect score to get into Harvard. | 我需要高分进哈佛 |
[00:39] | Mnh-mnh, we bought that book for Taylor. | 这本书是我们给泰勒买的 |
[00:40] | No, thank you! | 不 谢了 |
[00:41] | You need to take these practice tests | 如果你想上大学 |
[00:43] | if you’re gonna get into college. | 就得做这些练习题 |
[00:44] | You’ll notice Dad has stopped saying “Good” College. | 你会发现爸爸不再说”好大学”了 |
[00:47] | I’ve told you this many times. | 我跟你说了很多遍 |
[00:48] | I’m just not college material, | 我不是上大学的材料 |
[00:50] | and there’s nothing wrong with that. | 这没什么不好 |
[00:51] | Greg, Taylor says there’s nothing wrong with it. | 格雷格 泰勒说这没什么不好 |
[00:54] | So I guess that’s the end of the conversation. | 我想讨论结束了 |
[00:56] | Teenage girls always have the best parenting instincts. | 少女总是有着最好的教育直觉 |
[00:58] | Thanks for setting us straight, Taylor. | 多谢你为我们指出明路 泰勒 |
[00:59] | – You’re welcome! – I’m changing the Wi-Fi password. | -不客气 -我会改无线网密码 |
[01:02] | I’ll reveal one character for each hour you study. | 你每学习一个小时 我就告诉你一个字符 |
[01:05] | Fine-ah! | 好的 |
[01:09] | Surprise. | 惊喜 |
[01:10] | What are you doing here, Mom? | 你来这做什么 妈 |
[01:11] | Can’t I just drop by to see my family? | 我不能顺道来看我的家人吗 |
[01:13] | It’s not a drop-by if you have five pieces of luggage. | 如果你有五件行李就不算顺道 |
[01:16] | You know that I like to have wardrobe choices. | 你知道我喜欢有很多可选的衣服 |
[01:20] | Oh, I wish I could be more like you, | 真希望我更像你 |
[01:21] | just rolling around in velour every day. | 每天在天鹅绒里打滚 |
[01:25] | Hi, Grandma! | 外婆 |
[01:26] | Taylor! | 泰勒 |
[01:27] | Would you help me with my bags? | 帮我拿行李好吗 |
[01:29] | I’ll just go get settled in the guest room. | 我去客房安顿好 |
[01:32] | That’s my office. | 那是我的办公室 |
[01:33] | She thinks my office is a guest room. | 她以为我的办公室是客房 |
[01:34] | She also thinks a mojito and a pack of cigarettes | 她还以为鸡尾酒和一包香烟 |
[01:37] | is a balanced meal. | 是营养均衡的一餐 |
[01:39] | Mom, it’s not that we’re not happy to see you. | 妈 我们不是不高兴见到你 |
[01:42] | It just might not be the best time for a visit. | 只是现在来玩 时间上不太好 |
[01:45] | I have a new job, and the kids are getting into school. | 我有新工作 孩子们在上学 |
[01:49] | Uh, sweetie, | 宝贝 |
[01:51] | I hear you, and I completely understand. | 我听到了 我完全理解 |
[01:55] | Which is why I plan to be a big help around the house while I’m here. | 所以我计划在这里时会帮很多忙 |
[02:00] | Taylor. | 泰勒 |
[02:01] | Smile. | 笑 |
[02:03] | Pretty people should never frown. | 美人永远不要皱眉 |
[02:05] | Sorry, Grandma, | 抱歉 外婆 |
[02:06] | but Mom and Dad are trying to force me to go to college. | 但爸妈想强迫我上大学 |
[02:09] | Well, that’s stupid. | 太傻了 |
[02:11] | All right, come with me. | 好了 跟我来 |
[02:16] | Greg, walk me through this again. | 格雷格 再跟我说一遍 |
[02:18] | You’ll never get away with it, you’ll get 20 years to life, | 你会被抓到的 你会被判20年至终身监禁 |
[02:19] | and no parole. | 不得假释 |
[02:21] | Maybe I’ll wait till Anna-Kat gets into high school. | 我还是等到安娜凯特上高中吧 |
[02:33] | Oh, Taylor, these are your good years. | 泰勒 这些是你的美好时光 |
[02:35] | You don’t have to waste them on college. | 你不必浪费在读大学上 |
[02:37] | Finally, someone who gets it. | 终于有人明白了 |
[02:39] | No, you’re at your peak energy, your — | 你的活力处于巅峰 |
[02:41] | your peak appearance. Travel. | 颜值也在巅峰 去旅行 |
[02:43] | You could walk into any bar in Ibiza | 你可以在伊比沙岛走进任何酒吧 |
[02:46] | and end up riding around on some rich man’s yacht | 最后在某位有钱人的游艇上 |
[02:48] | for the next two years. | 环游两年 |
[02:50] | Ooh. Do I get to pick the rich guy? | 我能选有钱人吗 |
[02:52] | Not usually. | 通常不行 |
[02:53] | Mom, you said you were going to be helpful. | 妈 你说你会帮忙 |
[02:55] | This is not helpful. | 这不是帮忙 |
[02:57] | What? I’m just giving advice. | 什么嘛 我只是在给建议 |
[02:58] | That’s what grandmothers do. | 这是祖母做的事 |
[03:00] | Not in a weirdly short robe, they don’t. | 她们不会穿着奇怪的超短睡袍这样做 |
[03:02] | Taylor, go get ready for school. | 泰勒 准备好上学 |
[03:04] | Fine, but I won’t learn anything. | 好 但我什么也学不到 |
[03:07] | How long are you staying with us? | 你要在这里住多久 |
[03:08] | I only ask because you brought a margarita machine. | 我这样问是因为你带来了玛格丽特调酒机 |
[03:11] | Oh, yeah, that’s the Jimmy Buffett, | 那是吉米·巴菲特 |
[03:12] | the Jaguar of at-home blended-drink makers. 93 | 家用混合饮料机中的捷豹 |
[03:16] | Oh, which reminds me, Katie. | 这让我想起来 凯蒂 |
[03:18] | I’m gonna need a ride to Trader Joe’s | 你要送我去超市 |
[03:20] | for limes and rim salt. | 买青柠和盐 |
[03:21] | I’m not going to take anyone anywhere. | 我不会送任何人去任何地方 |
[03:23] | Today is my first day off in weeks, | 今天是我数周来第一次休息 |
[03:25] | and I am going to soak up every moment of “The Bachelor.” | 我要好好享受煲《单身汉》的第一刻 |
[03:28] | Will Karen F. Get a rose? Will Karen M. Get a rose? | 是凯伦F得到玫瑰 还是凯伦M得到玫瑰 |
[03:30] | Who’s there for the right reasons? | 谁有正当理由 |
[03:31] | You get a rose, and you get a rose, and you get a rose! | 你有玫瑰 你有玫瑰 你有玫瑰 |
[03:34] | Anna-Kat, are you okay? | 安娜凯特 你还好吗 |
[03:35] | You seem kind of revved up. | 你看起来很兴奋 |
[03:37] | Grandma’s letting me have coffee. | 外婆让我喝咖啡 |
[03:38] | Mom! Are you insane? | 妈 你疯了吗 |
[03:40] | You cannot give a nine-year-old coffee. | 你不能让九岁的孩子喝咖啡 |
[03:42] | You’re overreacting. | 你反应过度了 |
[03:44] | And if she has any trouble sleeping, | 如果她失眠 |
[03:46] | I’ll just give her a few flakes of a Kloni. | 我就给她吃几片安定 |
[03:48] | It’s an old stewardess trick. | 这是空姐常用的伎俩 |
[03:49] | You cannot say stuff like that in front of the kids. | 你不能在孩子们面前说这种话 |
[03:52] | You are such a bad influence. | 你真是坏影响 |
[03:55] | Oh, stop it. | 别说了 |
[03:56] | People said the same thing about Galileo. | 人们也是这样说伽利略的 |
[03:59] | Kathryn, I must say, I’m impressed by the reference. | 凯瑟琳 我得说 这个比较太恰当了 |
[04:00] | Greg, everyone at Katie’s high school knew | 格雷格 凯蒂高中的所有人都知道 |
[04:03] | that Galileo Horowitz was not the bad seed | 伽利略·霍罗威茨不是老鼠屎 |
[04:05] | some teachers made him out to be. | 是有些老师说的 |
[04:09] | Hello? | 喂 |
[04:10] | Principal Ablin. | 阿布林校长 |
[04:13] | Okay. I will stop by your office | 好 我送孩子上学时 |
[04:16] | when I drop the kids off at school. | 会去你的办公室 |
[04:18] | Oliver, get down here! | 奥利弗 下来 |
[04:19] | What was that? | 什么事 |
[04:20] | My day off being blown to bits. | 我的休息日完蛋了 |
[04:22] | Principal Ablin says he needs to talk to me | 阿布林校长说他要找我谈话 |
[04:24] | about a very serious matter involving Oliver. | 是关于奥利弗的严肃事情 |
[04:29] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[04:31] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:32] | He probably wants to give me an award or something. | 他可能想给我颁奖 |
[04:34] | It’s not for community service. | 不是社区服务 |
[04:36] | – Am I right? – I’m not going to high-five that. | -对吗 -我不会击掌的 |
[04:38] | Does this mean you’re not taking me to the store? | 这代表你不送我去超市吗 |
[04:40] | I was never taking you to the store. | 我不会送你去超市的 |
[04:42] | – Right. – Everyone, get in the car! | -对 -大家上车 |
[04:46] | Anna-Kat? | 安娜凯特 |
[04:47] | – Yes, Grandma? – Piece of advice. | -什么事 外婆 -给点建议 |
[04:50] | Never have kids. | 永远别生孩子 |
[04:51] | On it. | 没问题 |
[04:57] | Oliver handed in this birdhouse yesterday in shop class. | 昨天的手工课 奥利弗交上了这个鸟屋 |
[05:00] | Wow! You built that? | 你做的 |
[05:02] | – Great job. – No. | -做得好 -不 |
[05:04] | This birdhouse was purchased at a store. | 这个鸟屋是在商店里买的 |
[05:06] | Oh, no, I don’t think Oliver would do that. | 我觉得奥利弗不会这样做 |
[05:08] | I just bought this at Izzo’s Hardware. | 这是我刚在伊索五金店买的 |
[05:10] | But I really don’t know him that well. | 但其实我不太了解他 |
[05:12] | Oliver cheated. | 奥利弗作弊 |
[05:15] | I am so disappointed in you. | 我对你太失望了 |
[05:18] | I’m sorry. I tried building one on my own. | 抱歉 我想自己做 |
[05:19] | It just kept falling apart. | 但总是垮掉 |
[05:21] | Oliver will repeat shop class this summer, | 今年夏天奥利弗要重修手工课 |
[05:23] | and this will go on his permanent record. | 这件事将记录在永久记录上 |
[05:25] | His one-week suspension begins immediately. | 马上开始停学一周 |
[05:28] | Immediately? | 马上 |
[05:30] | Is there any way that we can start it tomorrow? | 有办法明天开始吗 |
[05:33] | You see, today is my day off. | 你瞧 我今天休息 |
[05:35] | Mrs. Otto, you’re talking to a man who doesn’t take days off. | 奥图太太 你正对着一个不休息的人说话 |
[05:38] | Don’t you get the whole summer off? | 整个夏天你不是都在休息吗 |
[05:40] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:41] | And a great deal of holidays. | 度假很不错 |
[05:44] | I’m so screwed. | 我完蛋了 |
[05:46] | If Harvard ever sees this, they’ll never let me in. | 如果哈佛看到记录 绝对不会要我 |
[05:48] | This could destroy my whole future. | 这事会毁了我的未来 |
[05:49] | Well, you should have thought of that before you cheated. | 你应该在作弊前想到这些 |
[05:51] | Now I’m gonna be stuck at some dead-end | 现在我将被困在没有出路的 |
[05:53] | loserville university like… | 失败者大学 比如说 |
[05:55] | ugh, Cornell. | 康奈尔 |
[05:57] | I can’t believe you did that. | 真不敢相信你这样做 |
[06:00] | You always say cheating is the sign of a winner. | 你总是说作弊是胜利者的标志 |
[06:02] | I never say that. | 我从没说过 |
[06:05] | Anna-Kat, I just saw you take out money from under the board. | 安娜凯特 我看到你从板子下面拿钱 |
[06:09] | Cheating is not okay. | 作弊不对 |
[06:10] | – But Mama says it is. – I never said that. | -但妈妈说没事 -我从没说过 |
[06:19] | – She cheated! – So? | -她作弊了 -怎样 |
[06:20] | What do you mean, “So”? She cheated! | 什么叫怎样 她作弊了 |
[06:21] | Kids today don’t even understand winning | 现在的孩子根本不懂胜利 |
[06:23] | because everyone is given a stupid trophy. | 因为人人都能获得愚蠢的奖杯 |
[06:25] | So, if she wants to win and breaks a few rules to do it, | 如果她想赢 并且打破一些规矩去赢 |
[06:27] | I don’t see a problem with it. | 我没觉得有问题 |
[06:29] | I think that’s gonna come back and bite us on the ass. | 我想总有一天我们会自食恶果 |
[06:38] | What am I gonna do? | 我怎么办 |
[06:39] | We’ll talk to your dad and figure it out. | 跟你爸爸谈谈 想办法 |
[06:40] | You’re gonna tell Dad? | 你会告诉爸爸 |
[06:41] | Of course I’m gonna tell him. | 当然要告诉他 |
[06:43] | I wouldn’t. He’s definitely gonna blame you. | 是我就不会 他肯定会怪你 |
[06:44] | Hey! I’m not the one who cheated. | 又不是我作弊 |
[06:46] | You did. You’re the one who’s in trouble. | 你作弊 有麻烦的是你 |
[06:49] | And you got suspended on my day off. | 你在我休息的这天停学 |
[06:51] | Now all my important plans are ruined. | 现在我所有的重要计划都毁了 |
[06:53] | You get to watch TV while I’m home from school. | 我不上学时你也可以看电视 |
[06:55] | Not with my pants off, I can’t! | 不能不穿裤子看 |
[07:02] | Nice delivery, Taylor. | 送得真漂亮 泰勒 |
[07:04] | Thanks, Grandma. | 谢谢你 外婆 |
[07:05] | You have the potential to lead | 你有潜力过上 |
[07:06] | the glamorous life of a stewardess. | 空姐的迷人生活 |
[07:09] | Kathryn, they now prefer to be called flight attendants. | 凯瑟琳 现在她们喜欢被叫做空中乘务员 |
[07:11] | Flight attendants? | 空中乘务员 |
[07:13] | Oh. Please. | 得了 |
[07:15] | You know, everything was perfect before the lawsuit, | 在诉讼前一切都很完美 |
[07:18] | then they started hiring all those uggos. | 然后他们开始聘用丑女 |
[07:22] | You said you came here to help, but you’re not helping. | 你说你来了是帮忙的 但你没帮 |
[07:25] | You’re the worst influence. | 你是最糟糕的影响 |
[07:27] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[07:28] | I think I need a bigger glass. | 我想我需要更大的杯子 |
[07:31] | She is helping! | 她在帮忙 |
[07:33] | She’s helping me come up with another plan other than college. | 她在帮我想除了大学以外的计划 |
[07:36] | There is no other plan. College is the plan. | 没有其他计划 大学就是计划 |
[07:38] | You’re studying for the S.A.T.S. | 你要为高考学习 |
[07:39] | We’re your parents, and we know what’s best for you. | 我们是你的父母 知道什么对你最好 |
[07:41] | Speaking of, Greg, | 说到这个 格雷格 |
[07:42] | you should know what happened with Principal Ablin at school today. | 你应该知道今天在学校阿布林校长有什么事 |
[07:48] | Anna-Kat, that’s not how we finish our dinner. | 安娜凯特 不能这样吃完晚餐 |
[07:50] | But Mama always says — | 但妈妈总是说 |
[07:51] | Let’s not “Mama always says” Right now. | 现在别提这种话 |
[07:53] | Well, at least you’re not like your mom, | 至少你不像你的妈 |
[07:55] | giving them advice that’s gonna totally derail their lives. | 给出会毁掉孩子们生活的建议 |
[08:00] | So, what did Principal Ablin want to tell you? | 阿布林校长想跟你说什么 |
[08:03] | Oliver’s getting an award. | 奥利弗会得奖 |
[08:10] | Mom, that’s a vase. | 妈 那是花瓶 |
[08:21] | Instead of cooking meals or helping with laundry, | 没有帮忙做饭洗衣服 |
[08:23] | my mom is telling Taylor to do what she did — | 我妈反而教泰勒做她做过的事 |
[08:26] | not go to college and trade on her looks and body. | 不上大学 靠脸和身体吃饭 |
[08:29] | Moms are the worst. | 老妈们最差劲了 |
[08:31] | You know, my mom is scared of dogs, | 我妈怕狗 |
[08:33] | which is why I bought German Shepherds | 所以我买了德国牧羊犬 |
[08:34] | and asked for them to be extra German. | 而且要它们额外有德国范儿 |
[08:36] | Well, my mom couldn’t be more helpful. | 我妈的帮助非常大 |
[08:38] | She cooks, she cleans — | 做饭 打扫 |
[08:39] | – Shut up. – Stop talking right now. | -闭嘴 -别说了 |
[08:40] | If you don’t have anything destructive to say, | 如果你没有什么消极的话要说 |
[08:42] | don’t say anything at all. | 那就什么也别说 |
[08:44] | And what am I going to do about Oliver? | 我要拿奥利弗怎么办 |
[08:46] | I have to hide his suspension until I can fix it. | 在我解决问题前 我得隐瞒他的停学 |
[08:48] | Otherwise, Greg is going to blame me. | 否则格雷格会怪我 |
[08:51] | Ugh! That kid is such an idiot. | 那孩子是个白痴 |
[08:53] | Can I order something? | 我能点餐吗 |
[08:54] | Cheaters get the garnish. | 作弊的人吃配菜 |
[08:58] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[08:59] | Well, I have to go to work. | 我得上班了 |
[09:01] | Yep, me, too. | 我也是 |
[09:02] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. You can’t come with me. | 你不能跟我一起去 |
[09:05] | I have to go throw a kid’s first birthday party, | 我要为一个孩子举办第一次生日派对 |
[09:07] | and you can’t go home because Dad might see you. | 你不能回家 爸爸可能看到你 |
[09:10] | So, Doris is going to look after you. | 多瑞丝会照顾你 |
[09:15] | No. No, Mom, please. | 不 妈 求你了 |
[09:16] | Anything else. Pick a bone, you can break it. | 别的什么都行 挑根骨头打断都行 |
[09:18] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[09:19] | Next time, just build the stupid birdhouse. | 下次 给我做个鸟屋 |
[09:26] | I want you to meet my dogs. | 我想让你见见我的狗 |
[09:28] | I even have an outfit for you. | 我甚至为你准备了衣服 |
[09:30] | Call him off! | 叫它停下 |
[09:32] | No, he likes you! He’s just playing! | 它喜欢你 它在玩 |
[09:39] | Oh, Principal Ablin! | 阿布林校长 |
[09:41] | What a surprise bumping into you. | 碰到你真是太意外了 |
[09:43] | This is my office. I’m always here. | 这是我的办公室 我总是在这里 |
[09:45] | Well, I was just in the neighborhood, | 我在附近 |
[09:47] | and I thought I would drop off some cupcakes | 我想着给你把纸杯蛋糕送过来 |
[09:50] | that I made just for you. | 我专为你做的 |
[09:55] | You can’t bribe me with cupcakes! | 你不能用纸杯蛋糕贿赂我 |
[09:57] | Especially not with that frosting-to-cake ratio! | 尤其是这种糖霜和蛋糕的比例 |
[10:01] | I like more frosting. | 我喜欢糖霜多一些 |
[10:03] | So, I guess this balloon sword doesn’t do anything for you? | 我猜这个气球剑对你没效果 |
[10:07] | No. | 没 |
[10:23] | I’d call them off, but they’re totally untrained! | 我也想叫它们停下 但它们没受过训练 |
[10:28] | You know, even though you’re showing | 尽管你表现出了 |
[10:30] | a lot of natural ability, | 很多的天赋 |
[10:31] | you don’t want to become a stewardess right away. | 你也不要马上成为空姐 |
[10:33] | Yes, I do. It’s the best job in the world. | 我想做空姐 这是世界上最好的工作 |
[10:35] | Well, of course it is. | 当然是的 |
[10:37] | But first, just take a few years off. | 但首先 休息几年 |
[10:40] | You know, Dubai wasn’t really popping when I was young, | 我年轻时 迪拜没现在这么火 |
[10:42] | but it seems like a fun place to make mistakes. | 但看来是个犯错的好地方 |
[10:45] | This. | 这个 |
[10:46] | This is my college right here. | 这就是我的大学 |
[10:50] | Why are you here again? | 你为什么会来 |
[10:51] | Oh, I just missed you and the kids terribly. | 我只是太想念你和孩子们了 |
[10:55] | I’m serious. | 我说真的 |
[10:57] | I’m serious. | 我说真的 |
[10:59] | I’m serious. | 我说真的 |
[11:02] | Well, you’re just gonna have to believe me. | 你只能相信我 |
[11:04] | Well, you need to stop putting | 你不能再往我女儿的脑袋里 |
[11:05] | terrible ideas into my daughter’s head. | 灌输可怕的想法 |
[11:07] | Well, at least I’m putting something in her head. | 至少我在灌输什么 |
[11:09] | What is that supposed to mean?! | 这是什么意思 |
[11:10] | I don’t know, I’m just firing back! | 我不知道 我只是在反驳 |
[11:14] | So… | 那么 |
[11:17] | how was your day? | 今天怎么样 |
[11:18] | Really, Mom? | 需要这样吗 妈 |
[11:20] | Like I couldn’t hear you laughing over FaceTime with Doris? | 以为我没听到你在视频时和多瑞丝大笑吗 |
[11:22] | I talked to Principal Ablin, he’s still not budging, | 我和阿布林校长谈过了 他不肯让步 |
[11:24] | and your dad cannot find out about your suspension. | 不能让你爸发现你停学 |
[11:27] | So, you’re gonna spend a couple more days with Doris. | 所以你要多跟着多瑞丝混几天 |
[11:33] | Dad, I got suspended. | 爸 我被停学了 |
[11:35] | I can’t go back there. | 我不能回去 |
[11:37] | Suspended? | 停学 |
[11:38] | – I cheated in shop class. – How?! | -我手工课作弊 -怎么会 |
[11:41] | I bought a birdhouse and passed it off as my own. | 我买了个鸟屋 当自己做的交上去了 |
[11:43] | I’m so disappointed in myself. | 我对自己非常失望 |
[11:45] | But you know who I’m more disappointed in? | 但你知道我对什么更失望吗 |
[11:48] | Mom. | 妈 |
[11:50] | For setting such a bad example. | 她树立了如此坏的榜样 |
[11:53] | No, you let our kids know | 不 你让孩子们知道 |
[11:55] | it was okay to cheat, and now they’re paying the price. | 作弊没事 现在他们付出了代价 |
[11:57] | Plus, you tried to keep it from me. | 而且 你想瞒着我 |
[11:59] | In my defense, I keep tons of things from you. | 容我说一句 我瞒着你的事多了 |
[12:02] | If Harvard ever finds out, | 如果哈佛发现 |
[12:03] | there’s no way I’m getting in. | 我不可能被录取 |
[12:04] | I tried talking to Principal Ablin, | 我试着和阿布林校长谈过 |
[12:06] | and he still wouldn’t listen. | 但他就是不听 |
[12:07] | What am I gonna do, Dad? | 我怎么办 爸爸 |
[12:09] | I’ll talk to Ablin, educator to educator. | 我去找阿布林谈 教育者对教育者 |
[12:12] | But before that, you’re gonna have to do what | 但在那之前 你应该做 |
[12:14] | you should have done in the first place. | 一开始就应该做的事 |
[12:15] | You’re gonna build that birdhouse. | 你要做好鸟屋 |
[12:16] | I don’t care if it takes you all night. | 我不在乎你花一晚上时间 |
[12:20] | Here, Mama. | 给 妈妈 |
[12:23] | I don’t want my dolls anymore. | 我不要我的娃娃了 |
[12:24] | But you’re their mommy. | 但你是他们的妈妈 |
[12:26] | I was, but Grandma’s right. | 之前是 但外婆说得对 |
[12:28] | I’m not having kids. | 我不要孩子 |
[12:30] | They’re not worth it. | 他们不值得 |
[12:32] | So many disappointments. | 太多的失望 |
[12:41] | Educator to educator, give him another chance. | 教育者对教育者 再给他一个机会 |
[12:44] | After all, it’s only shop class. | 毕竟这只是手工课 |
[12:48] | I have had enough of all this shop-class bashing. | 我受够这些对手工课的攻击了 |
[12:51] | – You may mock it — – No, I wasn’t mocking. | -你可以嘲讽 -我没嘲讽 |
[12:53] | Shop class is an essential part of the curriculum. | 手工课是所有课程中的关键课程 |
[12:56] | I understand that. I was only saying that — | 我明白 我只是说… |
[12:57] | I myself was a very poor student, | 我曾经是个非常差的学生 |
[12:59] | but I found myself in shop class. | 但我在手工课上找到了自我 |
[13:01] | The smell of sawdust, the whir of the miter saw. | 木屑的味道 斜锯的声音 |
[13:04] | I built this desk myself. | 这张桌子是我做的 |
[13:06] | In fact, everything you see in this room, | 事实上 这间房里你看到的一切 |
[13:08] | built with my own two hands. | 都是我亲手做的 |
[13:12] | I can’t tell if you’re joking. | 我分不清你是否在开玩笑 |
[13:13] | You can show yourself out the door. | 你可以从门口离开了 |
[13:16] | That I also built! | 门也是我做的 |
[13:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:21] | This class was supposed to be an easy “A,” | 这门课本来可以轻易得A |
[13:22] | – and instead it ruined everything! – I’m sorry, Oliver. | -结果却毁了一切 -抱歉 奥利弗 |
[13:25] | Sometimes you have to just own up | 有时候你必须坦白 |
[13:26] | and take responsibility for your actions. | 为自己的行为负责 |
[13:29] | Isn’t that right, honey? | 对吗 亲爱的 |
[13:31] | I texted you a frowny face and a heart. | 我给你发了皱眉和心的表情符号 |
[13:34] | How much more responsibility can I take? | 我还能承担多少责任 |
[13:35] | Oliver, you could always become a stewardess with Taylor. | 奥利弗 你可以和泰勒一起成为空少 |
[13:40] | You can pick a fun hub, you two could get an apartment together. | 你们可以选一个好玩的机场 可以合租公寓 |
[13:43] | Uh, maybe work for Lufthansa, | 也许为汉莎航空工作 |
[13:45] | the Harvard of the airlines. | 航空界的哈佛 |
[13:47] | Oh, look. | 听着 |
[13:47] | The captain just turned on | 机长刚刚打开了 |
[13:49] | the “Shut Your Friggin’ Mouth” Sign. | “闭嘴”的标志 |
[13:51] | Mom, I’m gonna ask you again. | 妈 我再问你一次 |
[13:53] | Why are you even here? | 你为什么来 |
[13:55] | Like I said — to visit. | 我说过 看望 |
[13:57] | You never just come for a visit. | 你从来不会看望我们 |
[13:58] | And because I rented my apartment | 因为我在租房网站上把公寓 |
[14:01] | to some Germans on Airbnb. | 租给了德国人 |
[14:03] | You rented your apartment? | 你出租了公寓 |
[14:04] | For how long? | 租多久 |
[14:05] | Oh, that’s tough to say. | 很难说 |
[14:07] | It could be a while. | 可能有段时间 |
[14:08] | Yeah, the Germans seem to be putting down roots. | 那些德国人想扎根下来 |
[14:10] | One of them is running for city council. | 其中有一个在竞选市议员 |
[14:13] | Why in the world would you rent your apartment out? | 你为什么把公寓租出去 |
[14:15] | Well, if you must know, | 如果你必须知道 |
[14:17] | my pension from Pan Am didn’t exactly pan out. | 我在泛美的退休金没有兑现 |
[14:20] | – Are you broke? – Not broke. | -你破产了 -没有 |
[14:22] | No, I am definitely keeping the Germans’ security deposit. | 我绝对会留下德国人的租房押金 |
[14:24] | I can’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[14:26] | Your life is a mess and you are giving my kids advice? | 你的人生一团糟 你却给我的孩子提建议 |
[14:31] | I was just trying to help! | 我只是想帮忙 |
[14:32] | Always in the wrong ways! | 总是用错误的方式 |
[14:33] | Oh, like you’re so great yourself! | 好像你自己多好似的 |
[14:35] | Yeah, you always complain about Grandma being a bad influence, | 你总是抱怨外婆是坏影响 |
[14:38] | but the apple didn’t fall far from the sauce. | 但苹果不会掉到离酱汁太远的地方 |
[14:40] | Yeah, you don’t need to go to college. | 你不用上大学 |
[14:42] | You’re all set. | 你准备好了 |
[14:44] | You know, Taylor makes a good point. | 泰勒说得对 |
[14:47] | You’re judging your mom for being a poor influence | 你评判你母亲对孩子们 |
[14:49] | on the kids, and she is, but you’re just as bad. | 有坏影响 没错 但你也一样差劲 |
[14:53] | That is not true. | 不是的 |
[14:54] | It totally is. | 绝对是的 |
[14:56] | You condone cheating, manipulation, | 你宽恕作弊 操纵 |
[14:58] | grape-stealing in the supermarket. | 在超市里偷葡萄 |
[14:59] | Oh, that isn’t stealing. | 那不是偷 |
[15:01] | No, that’s hospitality | 那是好客 |
[15:02] | that is factored into the cost of doing business. | 是做生意的成本 |
[15:05] | Stealing grapes with my kids | 和我的孩子们偷葡萄 |
[15:07] | was the only thing I was looking forward to. | 是我唯一期待的事 |
[15:09] | Now that’s bad? | 这是坏事吗 |
[15:11] | Feeling really good about dying a spinster. | 以老处女的身份死去 感觉真不错 |
[15:14] | Right there. | 就是这样 |
[15:15] | Generational bad influence in action. | 一代传一代的坏影响 |
[15:18] | You’re like your mom. | 你像你妈 |
[15:19] | Well, what do you know? | 谁想到呢 |
[15:21] | You grew up to be just like me. | 你长成了和我一样 |
[15:29] | I think that’s all of it. | 我想全吐出来了 |
[15:32] | All she said was — | 她说的只是… |
[15:33] | Greg, please. | 格雷格 拜托 |
[15:34] | I don’t have anything left to throw up. | 我没东西可吐了 |
[15:37] | I have dedicated my life to not being like my mother. | 我这辈子都在努力不要像我妈 |
[15:42] | How did this happen? | 怎么会这样 |
[15:44] | Listen, it happened to me, too. | 我也是这样 |
[15:45] | I never wanted to be like my dad. | 我从来不想像我父亲一样 |
[15:47] | Next thing you know, I’m putting an “I Brake for Chaucer” | 不知不觉 我贴上了”我为乔叟刹车”的 |
[15:49] | bumper sticker on my attache. | 保险杠贴 |
[15:53] | Is everything okay? | 还好吗 |
[15:55] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[15:57] | I am just like her. | 我完全和她一样 |
[15:59] | I always ask if everything’s okay without really caring. | 我总是问还好吗 其实我一点也不关心 |
[16:02] | I care. | 我关心 |
[16:05] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[16:06] | I’m just like my mother. | 我和我妈一样 |
[16:08] | I double down even when I’m lying. | 说谎时更假 |
[16:10] | So, this behavior is hereditary. | 所以这种行为是遗传的 |
[16:12] | It’s in the genes. | 基因里有的 |
[16:13] | Some families pass on high blood pressure. | 有些家族遗传高血压 |
[16:15] | Yours passes on terribleness. | 你们家遗传可怕 |
[16:17] | Mom, Greg might be onto something. | 妈 格雷格可能说到点子上了 |
[16:19] | This has got to stop. | 必须停止 |
[16:20] | I cannot pass this down to my kids. | 我不能把这种行为传给我的孩子 |
[16:23] | You’re right. No, this ends today. | 你是对的 这一切在今天结束 |
[16:26] | Do you really mean that, or are you just doubling down? | 你是认真的 还是更假地说谎 |
[16:29] | I don’t even know anymore. | 我不知道了 |
[16:31] | Listen, I recognize the situation that you’re in | 听着 我意识到你们所处的情况 |
[16:34] | is partially my fault. | 有部分是我的错 |
[16:37] | The whole “Cheating is for winners” Thing | 作弊是为了胜利 |
[16:39] | might have been a mixed message. | 这话可能是错的 |
[16:41] | Yeah, but I also should’ve been smart enough | 对 但我应该聪明到 |
[16:44] | not to cheat when I want to go to Harvard. | 想上哈佛 就不作弊 |
[16:46] | What am I gonna do? | 我怎么办 |
[16:47] | What you’re gonna do is not let one mistake | 你要做的就是不让你的一个错误 |
[16:49] | derail your whole life. | 毁掉整个人生 |
[16:50] | And, Taylor, I may not have given you the best advice. | 泰勒 我可能没给你最好的建议 |
[16:55] | What are you talking about? Your life was awesome. | 你说什么呢 你的人生太棒了 |
[16:57] | It was. Oh, it really was. | 是的 的确是的 |
[16:59] | Trust me, you get a chance | 相信我 如果有机会 |
[17:01] | to spend a weekend in Tahiti with Ricardo Montalban, | 在大溪地和里卡多·蒙特尔班共度周末 |
[17:04] | you take it. | 你别放过 |
[17:05] | Story for another time. | 下次再说这个故事 |
[17:07] | The point is… | 重点是 |
[17:10] | You need to go to college. | 你要上大学 |
[17:11] | What for? | 做什么 |
[17:12] | I mean, I’ll just do what you did. | 我做你做的就行 |
[17:14] | Your life was amazing. | 你的人生太美好了 |
[17:15] | Uh-huh, but if you go to college, | 但如果你上大学 |
[17:18] | then you’ll have other options for when your airline goes bankrupt, | 这样你的航空公司破产 拿走你的退休金时 |
[17:21] | taking your pension with it, | 你会有其他选择 |
[17:23] | and you won’t wind up broke with six Germans | 最后不会没钱 有六个德国人 |
[17:25] | crammed in your apartment ordering weird movies | 挤在你的公寓里 用你的iTunes |
[17:28] | with your iTunes like “FernGully” | 订购奇怪的电影 比如说《芬格林》 |
[17:30] | while you’re two states away, sponging off your kid. | 而你却在两个州以外 在孩子家蹭吃蹭住 |
[17:35] | It’s just a real good idea to have a back-up plan | 有后备计划是个不错的主意 |
[17:38] | ’cause you might not be as lucky as me | 因为你也许没我这么幸运 |
[17:41] | and get a daughter like I did. | 有这样一个女儿 |
[17:44] | And then I can visit you in college. | 我可以去大学里看你 |
[17:49] | Oh, frat boys love me. | 兄弟会的男生可喜欢我了 |
[17:52] | – Right? – Yeah. Yeah. | -对吗 -是的 |
[17:56] | Well, if I go to Cornell, | 如果我去康奈尔大学 |
[17:57] | I’ll be next to Niagara Falls, | 我会靠近尼亚加拉大瀑布 |
[17:59] | so when I get too depressed, I’ll just hop in a barrel | 我太沮丧时 就跳进一个桶里 |
[18:00] | and throw myself over. | 把自己扔进去 |
[18:02] | Oliver, why do you have to be so melancholy all the time? | 奥利弗 你为什么总是这么忧郁 |
[18:05] | Wait, did I use that right? | 慢着 我用对了吗 |
[18:08] | I did. | 是的 |
[18:10] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[18:11] | I’m learning things. | 我在学习 |
[18:13] | How long is your mom gonna sleep? | 你妈要睡多久 |
[18:14] | I have to get into my office sometime today. | 我今天必须进办公室 |
[18:16] | She and Mama have so much in common | 她和妈妈有很多共同点 |
[18:18] | that maybe if we open up a package of cinnamon rolls, | 也许我们开包肉桂卷 |
[18:21] | she’ll wake up, too. | 她也会醒来 |
[18:26] | Well, I better be going. | 我得走了 |
[18:28] | Thank you, Kathryn, for an unforgettable night. | 谢谢你 凯瑟琳 给我难忘的夜晚 |
[18:31] | Oh, no, thank you, Principal Abs-lin. | 不 谢谢你 腹肌林校长 |
[18:35] | Yeah. Okay, then. | 好了 |
[18:39] | Oliver, your record is wiped clean. | 奥利弗 你的记录没了 |
[18:43] | I did a little woodworking of my own. | 我自己做了点木工活 |
[18:46] | Grandma, you’re the best. | 外婆 你最好了 |
[18:49] | See? I told you I could be helpful. | 瞧 我说了我能帮忙 |
[18:51] | That was some move. | 你是耍手段 |
[18:52] | You don’t think you got into Duke | 你不会以为你进杜克大学 |
[18:54] | just because of your field hockey, do you? | 是因为你打曲棍球吧 |
[18:57] | Honey… | 亲爱的 |
[19:07] | Just because Nana used her nah-nah | 外婆利用美色 |
[19:09] | to get you off the hook with Principal Ablin | 让阿布林校长放过你 |
[19:11] | doesn’t mean you’re off the hook for cheating. | 不代表你作弊不受罚 |
[19:13] | So, what is it? | 怎样 |
[19:15] | I’m grounded, no screens, blah, blah, blah? | 禁足 没电视和手机 什么什么的 |
[19:18] | No. | 不 |
[19:19] | Something much worse. | 糟糕多的 |
[19:22] | So, bell is to church as horn is to… | 钟对于教堂就像角[喇叭]对于… |
[19:26] | rhinoceros? | 犀牛 |
[19:28] | No. Car. | 不 是车 |
[19:30] | I’m pretty sure a rhino’s the one with the horn. | 我相当确信犀牛有角 |
[19:32] | This is inhumane. | 这太残忍了 |
[19:34] | Mom and Dad said it was your punishment to tutor me. | 爸妈说给我辅导是对你的惩罚 |
[19:37] | Mom, I beg you, anything else. | 妈 我求你 别的都行 |
[19:39] | It’d be easier to teach Luthor how to juggle. | 教卢瑟杂耍更简单 |
[19:41] | I’ll give you a choice — it’s either this… | 我让你选 不是这个 |
[19:45] | or Doris. | 就是多瑞丝 |
[19:58] | This is still better! | 这样还是好一些 |
[20:00] | Release the bees. | 放蜜蜂 |
[20:07] | Hey, champ. | 小伙子 |
[20:11] | So, did your, uh, grandma say anything about me? | 你的外婆提到了我吗 |
[20:13] | No, she’s been busy. | 没 她很忙 |
[20:15] | Oh. Cool. | 酷 |
[20:17] | I’ve been busy, too. | 我也很忙 |
[20:21] | Okay, um, I’ve got to get going. | 好的 我得走了 |
[20:23] | Math class. | 数学课 |
[20:25] | See you around, Principal Ablin. | 回见 阿布林校长 |
[20:26] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[20:28] | You can go ahead and call me Grandpa Ablin. | 你可以叫我阿布林外公 |
[20:30] | I-I don’t want to do that. | 我不想这样叫 |
[20:33] | – Gramps? – No. | -爷爷 -不 |
[20:34] | Pappy? | 老爹 |
[20:35] | It’s more folksy. | 更亲和 |
[20:37] | Don’t worry, we’ll find it. | 别担心 我们会想到的 |
[20:45] | That’s my boy. | 我的好孩子 |
[20:47] | Hey, not so hard. I built that door. | 别这么用力 这门是我做的 |
[20:51] | I built this whole school. | 整间学校都是我建的 |