时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I cleaned out Spencer’s fridge. | 我清理了斯宾塞的冰箱 |
[00:04] | I’m not saying there’s a correlation to his death, | 我不是说这和他的死有关 |
[00:06] | but dude drank a lot of Tab. | 但他的确喝了不少人造饮料 |
[00:08] | His lawyer will be here any minute. | 他的律师随时会来 |
[00:10] | When I inherit this place, I’m gonna hire a staff. | 我继承这里后 会请位员工 |
[00:14] | What makes you think you’re inheriting Spencer’s fortune? | 你凭什么觉得你继承了斯宾塞的财产 |
[00:16] | Why else would his lawyer want to meet with me? | 否则他的律师为什么要和我见面 |
[00:18] | Face it — I’m Spencer’s sole heir, and now this is all mine. | 面对现实吧 我是斯宾塞的唯一继承人 现在这里是我的 |
[00:24] | I’m rich! | 我有钱了 |
[00:26] | I’m gonna raise these ceilings | 我会升高天花板 |
[00:28] | so I hear more of an echo when I scream that. | 这样我大声喊出这句话时 回声更大 |
[00:31] | Being rich will be so much fun. | 做有钱人非常有趣 |
[00:33] | Pump your brakes, blondie. | 别激动 金发妞 |
[00:35] | I’m rich, not you. | 有钱的是我不是你 |
[00:36] | You want money, earn it like I did. | 你要钱 就像我一样拼命去赚 |
[00:38] | You didn’t earn it. | 你没拼命去赚 |
[00:40] | You got it for being nice to some old rich guy. | 你只是对一个有钱老头子好而已 |
[00:42] | Trust me. You’ll get there. | 相信我 你也会有这一天 |
[00:45] | What if Oliver’s right? | 如果奥利弗说得对呢 |
[00:46] | What if Spencer did leave him everything? | 如果斯宾塞真把一切留给了他呢 |
[00:48] | Money ruins people. | 钱会毁掉一个人 |
[00:50] | Here’s the Venn diagram of rich people and jerks. | 这是有钱人和混蛋的维恩图解 |
[00:54] | It’s one circle. | 是一个圆 |
[00:56] | Greg! | 格雷格 |
[00:58] | I’m using “Venn diagram” In context. | 我在说话时提到了维恩图解 |
[01:00] | This used to get you aroused. | 通常这会让你性奋 |
[01:02] | Sorry, I’m fine-tuning | 抱歉 我在润色 |
[01:03] | my presentation for the tenure board. | 对终身教职委员会做的演讲 |
[01:05] | This could make or break my career. | 我的事业成败在此一举 |
[01:06] | Tell me what sounds better. | 告诉我哪个更好 |
[01:08] | “Greetings.” | 大家好 |
[01:09] | Or… | 还是 |
[01:12] | “Good afternoon”? | 下午好 |
[01:14] | It all depends whether I want to be funny or not. | 这取决于我走不走搞笑风 |
[01:17] | Finally, the lawyer’s here. | 律师终于来了 |
[01:23] | Snack bar’s open. | 小吃吧开放了 |
[01:25] | Grandma? | 外婆 |
[01:26] | Oliver! | 奥利弗 |
[01:27] | Thank God I didn’t go topless. | 谢天谢地我没裸上身 |
[01:36] | Or I could say, “Good afternoon.” | 或者我可以说 下午好 |
[01:40] | Why is “Good afternoon” Funny? | 为什么下午好很搞笑 |
[01:41] | Because, you know, it’s — it’s like… | 因为 这就好像 |
[01:44] | Oh, crap. | 见鬼 |
[01:46] | I just can’t believe he’s gone. | 我不敢相信他去世了 |
[01:48] | We had plans. We were gonna travel together. | 我们计划好了 准备一起旅行 |
[01:50] | The last text he sent me was, | 他最后发给我的短信是 |
[01:53] | “Let’s see London, let’s see France, | 我们去看伦敦 去看法国 |
[01:55] | I want to see your… | 我要看你的 |
[01:57] | underpants.” | 小内内 |
[01:58] | Oh, God, he was so funny. Just… | 天啊 他太风趣了 |
[02:01] | I’m gonna miss him. | 我会想念他的 |
[02:03] | Mom, why didn’t you tell me you were coming to Westport? | 妈 你为什么没告诉我你要来西港 |
[02:06] | Well, I wasn’t coming to see you. | 我不是来见你的 |
[02:07] | I had a scheduled rendezvous with Spencer. | 我和斯宾塞安排了约会 |
[02:10] | So how long has this been going on, | 你们这样多久了 |
[02:12] | you sneaking into town | 你偷偷地来 |
[02:13] | dressed as a partially deflated blow-up doll? | 打扮得像泄了气的充气娃娃 |
[02:15] | Since Thanksgiving, | 感恩节之后开始的 |
[02:16] | I’d come to Westport every now and again for a little… | 我偶尔到西港来点… |
[02:21] | …grown-up hugging. | 成年人的拥抱 |
[02:23] | I got it. | 我去开 |
[02:25] | So, exactly how many times has my own mother been next door | 有多少次我的亲生母亲就在隔壁 |
[02:28] | and not bothered to tell me? | 却没有告诉我 |
[02:29] | Um, once in December, a couple times in January, | 12月一次 1月时几次 |
[02:32] | and I guess the last time was the 18th. | 我想上次是18号 |
[02:35] | The 18th? | 18号 |
[02:36] | You mean my birthday? | 你是说我的生日 |
[02:37] | I guess that’s right. | 我想是的 |
[02:39] | Um, happy birthday, sweetie. | 生日快乐 宝贝 |
[02:43] | Everyone, this is Spencer’s attorney, Linda Ramirez. | 各位 这是斯宾塞的律师琳达拉米雷斯 |
[02:47] | Hi. I’m Katie. | 你好 我是凯蒂 |
[02:48] | This is my husband, Greg. | 这是我的丈夫格雷格 |
[02:50] | And I’m Kathryn, Spencer’s lover. | 我是凯瑟琳 斯宾塞的情人 |
[02:52] | You also could’ve just said you were my mom. | 你也可以只说是我妈 |
[02:54] | I was going with my more impressive credit. | 我要报上更令人惊叹的身份 |
[02:57] | Nice meeting everyone, especially you, Oliver. | 很高兴见到大家 尤其是你 奥利弗 |
[03:00] | Spencer made it very clear that, | 斯宾塞说得很清楚 |
[03:01] | in case of his untimely demise, | 如果他过早离世 |
[03:04] | he wanted to give you this. | 他要给你这个 |
[03:09] | His ashes? | 他的骨灰 |
[03:10] | Yes. And he specifically indicated, | 是的 他特别表明 |
[03:12] | “He’ll know what to do with them.” | 他会知道怎么办 |
[03:14] | Crumpled-up dead guy? Lucky. | 摆弄死人 太幸运了 |
[03:16] | This is actually a relief. | 其实这松了一口气 |
[03:18] | We were afraid that Oliver was named in Spencer’s will. | 我们担心斯宾塞的遗嘱里有奥利弗 |
[03:20] | Oh, he is. | 有他 |
[03:22] | He is? | 有他 |
[03:23] | I am? | 有我吗 |
[03:24] | Do I happen to be in the will? | 遗嘱里有我吗 |
[03:26] | That’s Kathryn with a Y. | 凯瑟琳 王加两个木 |
[03:27] | No, ma’am. | 没有 女士 |
[03:28] | Well, I’m out of here. | 好了 我走了 |
[03:32] | But you two are in the will, as well. | 但你们俩也在遗嘱里 |
[03:33] | – Us? – Them? | -我们 -他们 |
[03:35] | Yes. We’ll schedule a viewing in the next day or two. | 是 我们安排明天或后天观看 |
[03:37] | – A viewing? – It’s a video will. | -观看 -是视频遗嘱 |
[03:39] | Oh, that man. | 那个家伙 |
[03:40] | He loved to record everything. | 他喜欢把什么都录下来 |
[03:46] | So, what are you gonna do with Spencer’s ashes? | 你准备怎么处理斯宾塞的骨灰 |
[03:48] | I decided to spread them in his motor court. | 我决定撒在他家车道上 |
[03:50] | Why would Spencer want a driveway to be | 为什么斯宾塞希望安息在 |
[03:52] | his final resting place? | 车道上 |
[03:54] | Because he loved cars and it’s where we first met | 因为他爱车 那是我们初次相遇的地方 |
[03:57] | and… it’s right across the street. | 而且 就是街对面 |
[03:59] | You can’t just phone this in | 你不能因为不知道怎么办 |
[04:01] | because you don’t know what to do. | 就随便敷衍 |
[04:02] | Spencer was your friend. | 斯宾塞是你的朋友 |
[04:03] | Yeah. If you disrespect the dead, they’ll haunt you. | 对 如果你对死者不敬 他们会缠着你 |
[04:06] | Spencer isn’t gonna haunt us. | 斯宾塞不会缠着我 |
[04:08] | He doesn’t care where his ashes are. | 他不在乎他的骨灰在什么地方 |
[04:09] | I’m doing it. | 我就这么做 |
[04:14] | Spencer’s spirit. | 斯宾塞的灵魂 |
[04:15] | He’s communicating that he is not on board | 他在说他不同意 |
[04:17] | with your stupid driveway scheme. | 你愚蠢的车道计划 |
[04:19] | I’m not saying you’re right, but what else am I supposed to do? | 我不是说你是对的 但我能怎么做 |
[04:22] | He said I would know, but I don’t. | 他说我会知道 但我不知道 |
[04:24] | I think I know how to figure out what he’d want. | 我想我知道怎么搞清楚他的想法 |
[04:26] | Great. How? | 很好 怎么做 |
[04:27] | It’ll cost you $20,000. | 需要你付两万块 |
[04:28] | $20,000 to hear your dumb idea? | 两万块听你的愚蠢主意 |
[04:30] | When you inherit Spencer’s millions, | 你继承斯宾塞亿万家产后 |
[04:32] | 20 grand will be nothing. | 两万块根本不值一提 |
[04:33] | Fine. What is it? | 好 怎么做 |
[04:36] | Ask someone who knew Spencer. | 问了解斯宾塞的人 |
[04:37] | Talk to his old cellmate from federal prison. | 问他以前在联邦监狱的狱友 |
[04:39] | That’s actually a good idea. | 这是一个好主意 |
[04:42] | I can drive you there. | 我可以开车送你去 |
[04:43] | – Thanks. – For another $20,000. | -谢谢 -要加两万 |
[04:46] | And a pony for the kid. | 还要给妹妹买小马 |
[04:51] | What if Spencer did leave us his fortune and we’re rich? | 万一斯宾塞真把钱留给了我们 我们有钱了 |
[04:55] | I’m not sure that would be good, because money changes people. | 我不确定这是好事 因为金钱会改变一个人 |
[04:57] | My two favorite people in my favorite place. | 我最爱的两个人在我最爱的地方 |
[05:01] | The Lord’s blessings are many. | 上帝保佑 |
[05:02] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[05:04] | I thought you were leaving? | 你不是走了吗 |
[05:05] | Well, I thought that I’d stay | 我想我还是留下来 |
[05:06] | and take care of my “Katie-cakes.” | 照顾我的凯蒂蛋糕 |
[05:08] | Now, I did the laundry, and now I’m gonna go fluff your pillows. | 我洗了衣服 现在我去拍松你的枕头 |
[05:14] | This is exactly what I’m talking about. | 我说的就是这个 |
[05:16] | Money changes people. She’s being nice. | 金钱改变人类 她变得和气了 |
[05:18] | Good God! I hope “Dateline” Doesn’t hear about this. | 我的天 希望NBC新闻没听说这事 |
[05:20] | She’s finally becoming the mom she never was | 她终于成了那个她应该做的母亲 |
[05:22] | just to get into my pocketbook. | 却只是为了要我的钱 |
[05:23] | Katie, can we talk about this after my presentation? | 凯蒂 我演讲后再谈行吗 |
[05:25] | Fine. Do you want to practice it on me? | 好 你想对着我练习吗 |
[05:27] | No. You always interrupt me, yelling “Freebird.” | 不 你总是打断我 大喊自由鸟 |
[05:29] | You’re never gonna make it if you can’t handle hecklers. | 你无法处理质问者 你就不可能成功 |
[05:31] | What else can I do for you? | 我还能为你做什么 |
[05:32] | Nothing. I’m good. | 没了 我很好 |
[05:34] | I don’t need any help from her. Sell it someplace else, lady. | 我不需要她的帮助 去别处讨好去 女士 |
[05:37] | How about you go and sit on the couch and watch TV | 不如你去沙发上坐着看电视 |
[05:41] | and I will make you a grilled cheese sandwich? | 我给你做烤芝士三明治 |
[05:44] | Thanks, Mommy. | 谢谢你 妈咪 |
[05:46] | It’s hard to stick to your principles on an empty stomach. | 饿着肚子很难坚持原则 |
[05:55] | And just the idea of inheriting money from Spencer | 只是有可能继承斯宾塞的钱 |
[05:58] | is already screwing with my family. | 我的家人已经乱套了 |
[06:00] | Oliver officially has dollar signs for eyeballs, | 奥利弗的双眼中有美元符号 |
[06:02] | and now that she thinks we’re about to be rich, | 现在我妈以为我们快发财了 |
[06:04] | my mother is acting like the mom | 她的表现 |
[06:06] | from every Children’s TYLENOL commercial. | 像儿童泰诺广告里的妈妈 |
[06:08] | Ooh, rich Katie. I can’t wait. | 有钱人凯蒂 我迫不及待了 |
[06:10] | What are you gonna buy first? | 你会先买什么 |
[06:11] | I have a thought — get a replacement for that top. | 我有个想法 换件衣服 |
[06:13] | I got this from the fancy section at Marshall’s. | 我在马歇尔百货的高档区买的 |
[06:16] | I know it was fancy because all the clothes | 我知道那里是高档区 因为所有的衣服 |
[06:18] | had those plastic alarm thingies. | 都有塑料防盗报警器 |
[06:20] | Look, I may not have a lot of extra money to burn, | 虽说我没什么闲钱乱花 |
[06:22] | but I actually like the way we live. | 但我喜欢现在的生活方式 |
[06:24] | Katie, I’ve been rich, and I’ve been poor, | 凯蒂 我富过也穷过 |
[06:27] | and, trust me, rich is better. | 相信我 富更好 |
[06:29] | Yeah, I’ve never been poor, | 我从来没穷过 |
[06:30] | but from those ads I see about feeding kids | 但那些广告中说 一杯咖啡的钱 |
[06:32] | for the price of a cup of coffee a day, | 就能养活一个孩子一天 |
[06:34] | it definitely seems like it sucks. | 感觉做穷人好差劲 |
[06:36] | I don’t want money to ruin my kids. | 我不想金钱毁掉我的孩子 |
[06:38] | No matter how much money you have, | 无论你有多少钱 |
[06:40] | you can always teach your kids good values. | 总是可以教给孩子们正确的价值观 |
[06:42] | Angela’s right. | 安吉拉说得对 |
[06:43] | To keep my kids from getting spoiled, once a week, | 为防止我的孩子们被宠坏 一周一次 |
[06:45] | I replace the sandwiches in their lunch bag | 我会把他们午餐袋中的三明治 |
[06:46] | with a note that says “Oops.” | 换成写着”糟糕”的字条 |
[06:49] | Doris, do you ever worry that one of your kids | 多瑞丝 你是否担心过你的一个孩子 |
[06:51] | might someday — I don’t know — kill you? | 日后可能 怎么说呢 杀掉你 |
[06:54] | It’s crossed my mind. | 我想过 |
[06:55] | There is a big upside to having money. | 有钱有很大的好处 |
[06:58] | Imagine going to the supermarket and not checking prices. | 想象下去超市不看价格 |
[07:01] | You could buy anything you want. | 你可以想买什么买什么 |
[07:02] | And at the movies, you can buy snacks there | 去看电影 你可以在电影院买零食 |
[07:05] | instead of filling your pockets | 而不是在口袋里装满 |
[07:06] | with everything you have in your house. | 你家里的东西 |
[07:08] | I’ve always wanted to do that. | 我一直想这样做 |
[07:09] | And you can get your car washed. | 而且你可以洗车 |
[07:11] | I get my car washed. | 我有洗车 |
[07:12] | Mnh-mnh, you can have other people wash your car. | 你可以让其他人给你洗车 |
[07:14] | No one likes driving by | 没人想开车经过时 |
[07:15] | and seeing Greg in a tank top. | 看到穿着背心的格雷格 |
[07:17] | Speak for yourself. | 那只是你这么想 |
[07:26] | Nice shot. | 好球 |
[07:28] | There you go. | 好的 |
[07:30] | Mr. Danfield is almost done with his golf lesson. | 丹菲尔德先生的高尔夫课快上完了 |
[07:33] | Just have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[07:38] | This prison is incredible. | 这座监狱太棒了 |
[07:40] | Steely Dan is playing this weekend. | 这周末斯迪利·丹会来表演 |
[07:43] | I see why he loved it here. | 难怪他喜欢这里 |
[07:44] | Wait a minute. This is the place. | 稍等 就是这里 |
[07:47] | This is where Spencer wants me to spread his ashes. | 斯宾塞希望我把他的骨灰撒在这里 |
[07:49] | You really think Spencer wants to spend eternity in prison? | 你真的认为斯宾塞想永生住在监狱里 |
[07:52] | Everyone who gets paroled from here | 任何从这里获得假释的人 |
[07:54] | holds a special place in their heart for Allenwood. | 心里都为这里留下了特别的地方 |
[07:55] | They have the highest alumni-giving rate of all prisons. | 这里是所有监狱中 出狱的人给的评价最高的 |
[07:58] | This is definitely it. | 绝对是这里 |
[08:00] | Fore! | 让开 |
[08:03] | I’d say that’s a hard no from Spencer. | 我说这是斯宾塞在坚决拒绝 |
[08:05] | Sorry. My hands are slippery. | 对不起 我的手滑了 |
[08:07] | It’s that new shea-butter hand lotion they have at the spa. | 都怪水疗里新到的乳木果护手霜 |
[08:10] | Sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉让你们等 |
[08:12] | I’m Reginald. | 我是雷金纳德 |
[08:14] | You must be Oliver. | 你一定是奥利弗 |
[08:15] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[08:17] | Wait. | 等等 |
[08:18] | This is Oliver? | 这是奥利弗 |
[08:19] | Spencer’s Oliver? | 斯宾塞的奥利弗 |
[08:21] | You know who I am? | 你知道我是谁 |
[08:22] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[08:24] | Spencer would Skype in once a week to catch up, | 斯宾塞每周和我们通视频保持联系 |
[08:27] | loved telling about the kid next door | 他喜欢讲隔壁男孩的事 |
[08:29] | who cared more money than he did about people. | 说他关心钱比关心人要多 |
[08:32] | Sorry to hear about his passing. | 抱歉听到他去世了 |
[08:34] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[08:35] | Spencer left me in charge of his ashes, | 斯宾塞让我处理他的骨灰 |
[08:37] | and I’m not sure what to do with them. | 我不知道怎么办 |
[08:38] | We thought you might know. | 我们觉得你可能知道 |
[08:39] | Well, you know Spencer’s favorite place in the entire world? | 你知道全世界 斯宾塞最喜欢哪里吗 |
[08:42] | – His driveway? – Hawaii. | -他家车道 -夏威夷 |
[08:44] | It goes Oahu, Lanai, Maui, this place, Kauai. | 排名是瓦胡岛 拉奈岛 毛伊岛 这里 考艾岛 |
[08:48] | Hawaii. | 夏威夷 |
[08:50] | He loved it there, and he never got the chance to make it back. | 他喜欢那里 只可惜没机会再去 |
[08:52] | That’s perfect. | 太完美了 |
[08:53] | Hey, you. Time’s up. Let’s go. | 你 时候到了 我们走 |
[08:56] | You don’t want to be late for your scuba certification. | 水下呼吸器的认证可不能迟到 |
[08:58] | Right. We’re not allowed on the Aruba trip | 对 我们不允许去阿鲁巴岛 |
[09:00] | unless we’re fully prepared. | 除非我们完全准备好了 |
[09:02] | Prison. | 监狱 |
[09:05] | Taylor, thanks. | 泰勒 谢谢 |
[09:06] | That really was a $20,000 idea. | 这个主意的确值两万 |
[09:08] | Glad I could help. | 很高兴我能帮忙 |
[09:09] | Let’s go home. | 我们回家 |
[09:12] | You want a ride home, too? | 你要坐我的车回家 |
[09:13] | That will be $30,000. | 三万 |
[09:15] | It was only $20,000 to take me here. | 来只要两万 |
[09:17] | Surge pricing. | 涨价了 |
[09:21] | So, I was talking to Doris and Angela about Spencer’s will, | 我跟多瑞丝和安吉拉聊了斯宾塞的遗嘱 |
[09:25] | and I had a thought. | 我有个想法 |
[09:26] | What if being rich is a good thing? | 如果做有钱人是好事呢 |
[09:29] | I thought you said money changes people? | 你不是说钱能改变人吗 |
[09:31] | Or what if it changes our lives for the better? | 如果让我们的生活变好了呢 |
[09:33] | With Spencer’s inheritance, I can manipulate my mother | 继承斯宾塞的钱 我可以操控我妈 |
[09:35] | into being the mom I’ve always wanted. | 成为我一直想要的妈 |
[09:38] | Healthy. | 好健康 |
[09:39] | And you can stop worrying about tenure. | 你可以不再担心终身教职的事 |
[09:41] | I don’t follow. | 我不明白 |
[09:42] | You’re the best history professor they have. | 你是他们最棒的历史教授 |
[09:44] | You’re a published author, your students love you, | 你是出过书的作家 你的学生喜欢你 |
[09:46] | and when you’re rich, you don’t have to work. | 等你有钱后 你不必再工作了 |
[09:48] | Screw the tenure. The pressure’s off. | 让终身教职见鬼去 压力没了 |
[09:51] | I hadn’t thought of that. | 我没想到这点 |
[09:52] | You have all the power. | 你有权力了 |
[09:55] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[09:57] | I don’t have to be nervous for this meeting. | 我不必为这次会议紧张了 |
[09:58] | I can go in there, do whatever I want! | 我可以进去想怎么做就怎么做 |
[10:00] | You’re the top dog, dawg! | 你是最厉害的 |
[10:06] | Please don’t say anything. | 请什么也别说 |
[10:13] | This is so sweet. | 太有爱了 |
[10:14] | It feels like something the Branch Davidians would do | 像是邪教大卫教派 |
[10:16] | before the Rapture. | 在升天前会做的 |
[10:18] | But still sweet. | 但依然有爱 |
[10:19] | Morning. | 早 |
[10:20] | Morning. | 早 |
[10:21] | I made breakfast for everyone. | 我给大家做了早餐 |
[10:23] | Yours is on the counter. | 你的在台面上 |
[10:24] | Watch this — inheritance at work. | 瞧好了 遗产派上用场了 |
[10:27] | This is great, but I like it | 太棒了 但我更喜欢 |
[10:29] | when the waffle smiles back at me. | 华夫饼上有笑脸 |
[10:31] | Oh, I can do that. | 我来 |
[10:35] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[10:36] | I got to run to the grocery store. | 我得去超市 |
[10:37] | I hope I can get back before Spencer’s will viewing. | 希望能在看斯宾塞的遗嘱前回来 |
[10:40] | I don’t want you rushing. That’s how accidents happen. | 我不希望你太赶 出会事故的 |
[10:42] | No, you stay home, and I’ll go to the store. | 不 你留在家 我去超市 |
[10:45] | Also, the gutters are disgusting. | 而且 排水沟好恶心 |
[10:47] | We don’t have a ladder, | 我们没有梯子 |
[10:48] | but I’m sure you’ll figure it out. | 但我相信你会想到办法的 |
[10:58] | Hey, Dr. Paulson. | 鲍尔森博士 |
[11:00] | Professor Otto, you’re five minutes late. | 奥图教授 你迟到了五分钟 |
[11:01] | Well, I meant to be 10 minutes late, | 我本来想迟到十分钟 |
[11:03] | so looks like I got some time to kill. | 看来还得杀点时间 |
[11:06] | Well, when you’ve finished helping yourself | 你给自己倒完我们的饮料后 |
[11:08] | to our beverages, why don’t you have a seat? | 过来坐吧 |
[11:10] | You got it, big guy. | 没问题 老大 |
[11:11] | No net for the lemon? | 柠檬没有过滤网 |
[11:12] | No? | 没有 |
[11:14] | I’ll make do. | 我将就吧 |
[11:16] | So…what’s up? | 怎么样 |
[11:20] | Tell us, Professor Otto, | 告诉我们 奥图教授 |
[11:22] | what do you have to offer the university, | 你能为大学做出什么贡献 |
[11:25] | should you be awarded tenure? | 我们应该给你终身教职 |
[11:26] | You know, I don’t teach because I have to. | 我教书不是因为我必须教 |
[11:29] | I teach because I want to. | 我教书是因为我想教 |
[11:31] | A lot of schools want to put a ring on this finger, | 很多学校想给这根手指套上戒指 |
[11:34] | so maybe you should be telling me why | 所以也许你们应该告诉我 |
[11:36] | I should spend the best years of my career at this university. | 为什么我要把事业的黄金年华贡献给这间学校 |
[11:38] | Oh, oh, don’t answer right away. | 不要马上回答 |
[11:40] | Think about it. | 好好想想 |
[11:42] | Get back to me. Or don’t. | 再通知我 不说也行 |
[11:44] | Professor, the board would like to know | 教授 委员会想知道 |
[11:45] | what we can expect from you | 我们能对你有何期望 |
[11:47] | in terms of potential grants, published works, | 包括潜在的津贴 出版作品 |
[11:51] | speaking engagements. | 演讲 |
[11:52] | You know, I could sit and list my accomplishments, | 我可以坐在这里列出我的成就 |
[11:55] | but if you really want to know what’s under my hood… | 但如果你们想知道我有什么招 |
[12:00] | Here’s my book. | 这是我的书 |
[12:04] | Check out the author photo | 看作者照片 |
[12:06] | and resist the temptation to swipe right. | 抵挡手指向右滑的诱惑[约会网站上表示同意] |
[12:08] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, teacher’s got to teach. | 恕我失陪了 教师得去教书了 |
[12:12] | Professor Otto, this is highly irregular. | 奥图教授 这样太不合规矩了 |
[12:14] | Oh, God, I am so sorry. | 天啊 真是抱歉 |
[12:20] | “Dear Jimmy, too many inside jokes to name. | 亲爱的吉米 你的名字有太多内行才懂的笑话 |
[12:25] | Have a bitchin’ summer — Greg.” | 过个愉快的暑假 格雷格赠 |
[12:35] | What’s up? | 还好吗 |
[12:43] | – Hey, guys. – Finally, you’re here. | -各位 -你终于来了 |
[12:45] | – How’d the meeting go? – Don’t know, don’t care. | -会议怎么样 -不知道 不在乎 |
[12:47] | May start my own college. | 可能我会开间大学 |
[12:48] | Ooh, can I be dean? | 我能做院长吗 |
[12:50] | I’ll show up at the frat parties, | 我会出现在兄弟会派对上 |
[12:51] | and everyone will think I’m there to shut it down, | 大家都会以为我是去叫停的 |
[12:53] | but really I’m there to turn it all the way up. | 但其实我是去炒气氛的 |
[12:57] | Oh, sorry we had to meet here, but the VCR I bought on eBay | 抱歉必须在这里见面 但我在网上买的录像机 |
[12:59] | had a copy of “Captain Ron” Jammed in it. | 里面卡了卷《脱线游龙》的带子 |
[13:01] | Hello, Ottos. | 你们好 奥图一家 |
[13:03] | If you’re watching this, it means I’m dead. | 如果你们在看这个 就表示我已经死了 |
[13:07] | Or at least, everyone thinks I’m dead. | 至少 所有人以为我死了 |
[13:10] | Turn around. | 转身 |
[13:14] | Gotcha! | 骗到你们了 |
[13:17] | Nope, I’m dead. | 不 我真死了 |
[13:19] | All that diet soda has finally caught up with me. | 那些健怡汽水要了我的命 |
[13:22] | You are a fantastic family | 你们是了不起的一家 |
[13:24] | who welcomed me into your home with open arms, | 张开双臂欢迎我进入你们的家 |
[13:27] | especially you, Oliver. | 尤其是你 奥利弗 |
[13:29] | And that’s why I’ve decided to leave my entire estate | 所以我决定将我的全部房产 |
[13:32] | and fortune to you and your parents. | 与资产留给你和你的父母 |
[13:35] | So enjoy being in the 1%. | 所以享受成为1%吧 |
[13:39] | We’re rich! | 我们有钱了 |
[13:41] | From now on, we only shop at Whole Foods! | 从现在开始 我们只在全食超市买东西 |
[13:44] | I’m gonna buy those $20 candy bars by the register. | 我会在收银处买20元一条的糖果条 |
[13:47] | There’s more. | 还有 |
[13:47] | Oh, there’s more. Greg, there’s more! | 还有 格雷格 还有 |
[13:49] | There’s more. | 还有 |
[13:50] | Hello, Oliver. | 你好 奥利弗 |
[13:52] | I’ve slept on it, | 我想了一晚上 |
[13:54] | and I thought of something even better to leave you — | 我想到了留给你更好的东西 |
[13:56] | – Nothing. – What? | -什么也不给你 -什么 |
[13:58] | I have no doubt you’ll be wildly successful. | 我毫不怀疑你会相当成功 |
[14:01] | There’s nothing like the feeling of | 人生最棒的感觉 |
[14:02] | earning your first million. | 莫过于赚到第一个一百万 |
[14:04] | Ollie boy, I could never forgive myself | 小奥利弗 如果我夺走了这点 |
[14:06] | if I robbed you of that. | 我永远不会原谅我自己 |
[14:08] | I am so sorry, Oliver. | 太遗憾了 奥利弗 |
[14:10] | You can come to the college I’m starting. | 你可以来我开办的大学 |
[14:11] | Katie and Greg, my father always said, | 凯蒂和格雷格 我父亲总是说 |
[14:14] | “Family takes care of family,” And I want to take care of you. | 家人要照顾家人 我想照顾你们 |
[14:18] | A prince. This man was a prince. | 王子 这个人是王子 |
[14:20] | So you also get nothing. | 所以我也什么都不留给你们 |
[14:22] | A prince of | 王子… |
[14:24] | I’ve seen money tear families apart, | 我见过金钱拆散家庭 |
[14:26] | and I can’t risk ruining the best family I know. | 我不能冒险毁掉我所知的最好的家庭 |
[14:29] | Linda, I don’t know what he’s talking about. | 琳达 我不知道他说什么 |
[14:31] | We’re a terrible family. I hate these people. | 我们是糟糕的家庭 我讨厌这些人 |
[14:33] | Oh, wait, wait, wait, there’s more. | 等等 还有 |
[14:35] | Maybe he changed his mind again. | 也许他又改变主意了 |
[14:41] | Spencer was a big fan of | 斯宾塞特别喜欢 |
[14:42] | videotaping himself doing karaoke. | 录下自己唱卡拉OK |
[14:44] | You’d think for a multi-millionaire, | 还以为千万富翁 |
[14:45] | he wouldn’t reuse the same tapes. | 不会用已经录了东西的带子 |
[14:47] | – Yes, Spencer, yes! – Grandma? | -爽 斯宾塞 -外婆 |
[14:49] | – Oh, that’s the stuff. – Keep your voice down. | -这就对了 -小点声 |
[14:51] | I don’t want my daughter to know I’m in town on her birthday. | 我不想我女儿知道我在她生日时到这里来了 |
[14:58] | This is so depressing. | 太郁闷了 |
[15:00] | Our rented house, our dented car, | 我们租的房子 有凹痕的车 |
[15:03] | that dress shirt I bought you at the hardware store… | 我在五金店给你买的礼服衬衫 |
[15:05] | Spencer had us thinking we were gonna be rich. | 斯宾塞让我们以为自己会成有钱人 |
[15:07] | Why aren’t you upset? | 你为什么不生气 |
[15:09] | All you care about it money and you just lost millions. | 你只关心钱 你刚失去了数百万 |
[15:11] | Because Spencer believed in me. | 因为斯宾塞相信我 |
[15:13] | I’ll make it on my own. | 我会自己赚钱 |
[15:15] | It’ll mean more that way. | 这样意义更重大 |
[15:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[15:22] | When Oliver makes you want to be a better person, | 当奥利弗令你自惭形秽时 |
[15:24] | you know you’re in a bad place. | 你知道自己处境不妙 |
[15:25] | I guess you better go in and tell your mom what happened. | 你最好过去告诉你妈妈实情 |
[15:28] | Now you can’t bribe your stupid mother into loving you anymore. | 现在你不能贿赂你的笨蛋妈妈继续爱你了 |
[15:30] | And you’ve got to go to Dr. Paulson | 你得去找鲍尔森博士 |
[15:31] | and beg for your stupid job back. | 求他把你愚蠢的工作还给你 |
[15:33] | Got to be nicer ways we could talk to each other. | 我们肯定有更好的谈话方式 |
[15:41] | Oh, my God, Mom! | 我的天 妈 |
[15:42] | The house is so clean. | 房子太干净了 |
[15:45] | And you made a crown roast of lamb. | 你还做了王冠烤羊排 |
[15:48] | So, tell me, how did the will reading go? | 告诉我 看遗嘱顺利吗 |
[15:55] | We got the money. | 我们有钱了 |
[16:09] | Dr. Paulson. | 鲍尔森博士 |
[16:10] | Well, if it isn’t Professor Otto, | 这不正是奥图教授 |
[16:12] | the talk of the tenure board. | 和委员会谈过话的 |
[16:13] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[16:14] | This is no time for jokes. | 没时间开玩笑 |
[16:16] | Never has anyone so brazenly | 从没有人厚颜无耻地 |
[16:18] | cast aside the protocol of a tenure review. | 抛开终身教职评审的规矩 |
[16:21] | Your disruptive, cavalier attitude… | 你那破坏性傲慢的态度 |
[16:24] | – I can explain. – …is what this history department needs. | -我可以解释 -正是历史系需要的 |
[16:27] | What? | 什么 |
[16:28] | …Ever. Whatever. | 神马 随便吧 |
[16:30] | You have been awarded tenure. | 你拿到了终身教职 |
[16:36] | – Happy birthday! – Happy birthday! | -生日快乐 -生日快乐 |
[16:38] | Oh. Are you serious? | 你是认真的 |
[16:40] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[16:41] | Everyone else was canned answers, nervous laughter. | 其他人都是罐装答案 紧张的笑容 |
[16:44] | They could barely command a classroom, | 他们连教室都指挥不了 |
[16:46] | let alone a department. | 更别说一个系了 |
[16:48] | – Well… – You had confidence, gravitas. | -好吧 -你有自信 庄严 |
[16:51] | We’re expecting big things from you. | 我们对你抱有很大的期望 |
[16:53] | Oh, and here’s your key card to the executive faculty lounge. | 这是行政教职工休息室的开门卡 |
[17:14] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[17:15] | It went great. I got tenure! | 非常好 我拿到终身教职了 |
[17:17] | I’m so happy for you! | 我真为你高兴 |
[17:20] | From now on, I don’t need to be a nervous wreck all the time. | 从现在开始 我不必再一直紧张兮兮了 |
[17:22] | How’d it go here? | 你这边怎么样 |
[17:24] | Also great. | 也很棒 |
[17:25] | Katie, I found two houses | 凯蒂 我找到了 |
[17:27] | right next to each other on the beach, | 海滩上相邻的两栋房子 |
[17:29] | so we can be together. | 这样我们能在一起 |
[17:33] | You didn’t tell her. | 你没告诉她 |
[17:34] | So you got tenure! | 你拿到终身教职了 |
[17:36] | What’s your endgame here? | 你最终想怎样 |
[17:37] | Eventually, she’s gonna realize we’re still poor people | 她最终会发现我们还是穷人 |
[17:39] | who are buying the manager’s special discounted meat. | 我们买经理特价肉 |
[17:41] | That is perfectly good meat. | 那是非常好的肉 |
[17:43] | Expiration dates are a scam. | 过期时间是场骗局 |
[17:44] | Katie, you need to tell your mom the truth. | 凯蒂 你要告诉你妈妈真相 |
[17:46] | So, what are you two talking about? | 你们在说什么 |
[17:47] | Katie has something she needs to tell you. | 凯蒂有事要告诉你 |
[17:49] | Okay, Greg, you can leave. | 格雷格 你可以走了 |
[17:50] | This is a sensitive mother-daughter conversation, | 这是敏感母女对话 |
[17:53] | and she needs to hear it from me. | 她需要听我说 |
[17:55] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[17:55] | Kathryn, we didn’t get the money. | 凯瑟琳 我们没拿到钱 |
[17:57] | Greg, I was gonna do it! | 格雷格 我准备说的 |
[17:58] | – No, you weren’t. – I know. | -不 你不会说 -我知道 |
[18:01] | You lied to me? | 你骗我 |
[18:03] | If I told you we didn’t get the money, | 如果我告诉你我们没拿到钱 |
[18:04] | you would just leave, | 你会马上离开 |
[18:06] | and I’m happy that you’re hanging out with me. | 你和我在一起我很开心 |
[18:09] | You never did that when I was growing up. | 我小时候你从没有这样做 |
[18:10] | And I hate to admit this… but I like you. | 我讨厌承认 但我喜欢你 |
[18:15] | Oh, honey, I like you, too. | 亲爱的 我也喜欢你 |
[18:16] | I… | 我 |
[18:18] | Just sit down. | 坐下 |
[18:23] | Look, I know that I wasn’t the best mom to you kids growing up. | 我知道你们小时候 我不是最佳母亲 |
[18:29] | What? | 什么 |
[18:30] | Well, I was hoping maybe you’d jump in | 我本希望你插话 |
[18:31] | and correct me, but fine. | 纠正我 不过没关系 |
[18:35] | Look, I was convinced that no one was gonna | 我相信等我更老的时候 |
[18:37] | take care of me when I got older, so I… | 没人会照顾我 所以我 |
[18:40] | I latched on to Spencer. | 我抓住了斯宾塞 |
[18:42] | He was my safety net. | 他是我的安全保障 |
[18:44] | And truth is, I was actually very fond of him. | 事实上 其实我非常喜欢他 |
[18:47] | Was it love? | 是爱吗 |
[18:49] | No. | 不是 |
[18:51] | But we did have fun together. | 但我们在一起的确很开心 |
[18:53] | And now I… I don’t have him anymore. | 现在我没有他了 |
[18:58] | Mom, I know it’s not a house on the water, | 妈 我知道这不是海滨房 |
[19:02] | but you always have a place here with us. | 但这里永远有你的位置 |
[19:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:10] | We would’ve never had this moment | 如果他把钱给我们了 |
[19:11] | if he would’ve given us the money. | 我们就不会有这样的时刻 |
[19:13] | So I guess this is our inheritance. | 看来这才是我们继承的遗产 |
[19:17] | Yeah, but the money would’ve been nicer. | 对 但有钱更好 |
[19:18] | I miss it so much. | 我太想念那些钱了 |
[19:24] | I finally know what to do with Spencer’s ashes. | 我终于知道怎么处置斯宾塞的骨灰了 |
[19:27] | He was my friend, but he felt more like family. | 他是我的朋友 但他更像是家人 |
[19:30] | And like Spencer said, “Family takes care of family.” | 斯宾塞说过 家人照顾家人 |
[19:35] | So I’ve decided that he should stay with us. | 所以我决定他应该和我们在一起 |
[19:37] | I think that’s the way he would’ve wanted it. | 我想他会希望这样 |
[19:44] | Look! | 看 |
[19:45] | He’s happy. | 他很开心 |
[19:47] | We’re not gonna be terrorized by a very tan ghost. | 我们不会被一个美黑鬼吓了 |
[19:52] | Good job. | 做得好 |
[19:54] | You did the right thing. | 你做得对 |
[19:58] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[19:59] | It’s your bill. You owe me $75,000. | 你的账单 你欠我七万五 |
[20:04] | Never should’ve had you toss me that apple for five grand. | 不应该给五千块让你扔个苹果给我 |
[20:11] | Oliver, Spencer recorded some additional videos for you | 奥利弗 斯宾塞还为你拍了些影带 |
[20:14] | to give you advice for milestones in your life, | 为你人生中的里程碑时刻提供建议 |
[20:16] | to let you know he’s always there. | 让你知道 他永远在你身边 |
[20:19] | This one is for when you get into Harvard. | 这是你上哈佛时的 |
[20:21] | This one is for when you make your first million. | 这是你赚到第一个一百万时的 |
[20:24] | This one is for when you get married. | 这是你结婚时的 |
[20:26] | This one is for when you get married again. | 这是你再婚时的 |
[20:29] | This one is how to hide your money | 这是联邦调查局调查你时 |
[20:31] | when the Feds are on to you. | 如果藏钱的 |
[20:33] | And this one is just a VHS copy of “9 1/2 Weeks.” | 这只是电影《九周半》的录像带 |
[20:36] | We’ll hang on to that one. | 这个给我们了 |
[20:38] | Well, that’s everything. | 就这些了 |
[20:39] | It was very nice meeting all of you. | 很高兴认识你们 |
[20:41] | Linda, you have been great. | 琳达 你太好了 |
[20:42] | Do you have a card in case we ever need to hire a lawyer? | 你有名片吗 以免我们以后要请律师 |
[20:45] | Sure. | 当然有 |
[20:47] | It’s a $50,000 retainer, then $200 per hour plus expenses. | 五万预付费 每小时两百 再加开支 |
[20:52] | We’ll just call the guy on the bus bench. | 我们还是打巴士站椅子上的广告电话好了 |
[20:54] | Have a nice life. | 好好过日子 |