时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I can’t believe this window is still stuck. | 真不敢相信窗户还是卡住的 |
[00:04] | I’m freezing to death! | 我快冻死了 |
[00:05] | Before you die, | 在你死之前 |
[00:06] | where in your room did you hide your Halloween candy? | 告诉我你把万圣节糖果藏在房间哪里 |
[00:08] | Mom, I didn’t think any car could be worse than your minivan. | 妈 我觉得你的迷你厢式车是最烂的 |
[00:11] | But here we are. | 但这是更烂的 |
[00:12] | Kindly address all complaints to your father. | 把这些抱怨的话留给你爸 |
[00:14] | He’s the one who’s been driving around | 过去两年来 是他开着 |
[00:15] | with that broken window for two years. | 这辆坏了窗户的车 |
[00:17] | I’m pretending I’m Shackleton | 我假装我是沙克尔顿 |
[00:18] | when his boat got stuck in the ice. | 他的船困在了冰里 |
[00:20] | I’m pretending I was switched at birth | 我假装自己出生时被调换了 |
[00:21] | and my real family is waiting at school | 我真正的家人在学校等我 |
[00:23] | to whisk me back to our castle. | 要带我回他们的城堡 |
[00:32] | Okay, we’re here! | 好了 到了 |
[00:33] | Time for you to bother other grown-ups. | 是时候你们去烦其他成年人了 |
[00:35] | Love you! | 爱你们 |
[00:40] | Mama, the door won’t open. | 妈妈 门打不开 |
[00:46] | It still won’t open. | 还是打不开 |
[00:48] | Mine, too! Oh God, we’re trapped! | 我的也打不开 老天 我们被困住了 |
[00:50] | This is just like Shackleton. | 这和沙克尔顿的遭遇一样 |
[00:52] | Pretty soon, we’re gonna be eating the sled dogs. | 很快 我们就要吃雪橇狗了 |
[00:54] | The electrical is shot. | 电力死了 |
[00:56] | Maybe I shouldn’t have bought that big subwoofer | 也许我不应该从超市装袋工手中 |
[00:58] | from the guy who bags my groceries. | 买那个低音炮 |
[01:01] | Oh, my God, there’s the new guy, Trip Windsor. | 我的天 那是新来的特里普温莎 |
[01:04] | All right, abandon ship. | 好了 弃船 |
[01:06] | Everyone, crawl out of Taylor’s window. | 所有人从泰勒那边的窗户爬出去 |
[01:08] | No way! | 不可能 |
[01:09] | Not in this shirt! | 穿这件衣服不可能 |
[01:11] | I finally found John Varvatos at Marshalls. | 我终于在百货公司找到品牌货 |
[01:13] | No, not in front of Trip! | 不 不要在特里普面前 |
[01:15] | I’ll just quit school and stay here. | 我不上学了 留在车上 |
[01:16] | Yeah, she doesn’t need school. | 对 她不需要上学 |
[01:17] | Let her embrace her future. | 让她拥抱她的未来 |
[01:19] | Take her to the nearest Lancôme counter. | 带她去最近的兰蔻专柜 |
[01:20] | The longer it takes for you to crawl, | 你们越慢爬出去 |
[01:22] | the longer people are gonna stare. | 人们盯着看的时间就越长 |
[01:24] | To the lifeboats! | 去救生船 |
[01:51] | Thank you for the most humiliating moment of my life! | 感谢你给我人生中最丢人的时刻 |
[01:53] | Please! | 得了 |
[01:54] | Wait till you hear my speech at your wedding. | 等听了我在你婚礼上的发言再说 |
[02:03] | So that is why I am never driving your car again. | 所以我再也不开你的车了 |
[02:06] | Well, at least you got the doors to work when you got home. | 至少回家后 车门好了 |
[02:11] | I got birthed by a sedan today, Greg. | 我今天被一辆车生下来了 格雷格 |
[02:13] | And the OB-GYN? | 妇产科医师是谁 |
[02:14] | The neighbor’s gardener. | 邻居的园丁 |
[02:16] | It’s time to take your car to the mechanic | 是时候把你的车开去修车厂 |
[02:18] | and get it fixed. | 修好了 |
[02:19] | I’d love to, | 我也想 |
[02:19] | but I just don’t think we can afford to right now. | 但我想我们现在没钱 |
[02:21] | My book comes out tomorrow, | 我的书明天出售 |
[02:22] | and if it doesn’t sell, I’m not getting tenure. | 如果卖得不好 我就拿不到终身教职 |
[02:24] | Do you know what happens to professors who don’t get tenure? | 你知道没有终身教职的教授的下场吗 |
[02:26] | Don’t spiral. | 别崩溃 |
[02:27] | They end up substitute teachers | 他们沦为代课老师 |
[02:28] | moonlighting as hosts at the Cheesecake Factory! | 并且兼职在芝士蛋糕工厂做主持人 |
[02:30] | I’m gonna gain 15… | 我将增重15磅 |
[02:31] | – like that! – Aaand… you’re spiraling. | -轻而易举 -你在崩溃 |
[02:34] | Why are you assuming the worst? | 你为什么假设最糟的情况呢 |
[02:36] | It doesn’t matter about the book. | 书的情况不重要 |
[02:37] | You’re gonna get tenure either way. | 你反正会得到终身教职的 |
[02:39] | Katie, that’s not how it works. | 凯蒂 规矩不是这样的 |
[02:41] | If the book fails, we could end up in the poor house. | 如果书失败了 我们会变成穷人 |
[02:43] | End up? | 变成 |
[02:44] | Not one countertop in this entire house | 这个家里没有一个台面 |
[02:47] | is made of granite. | 是花岗岩 |
[02:48] | We’re already here. | 我们已经是穷人 |
[02:49] | Himalayan salt? | 喜马拉雅山盐 |
[02:51] | Who are we, Facebook employees five through nine? | 我们是什么人 朝九晚五的脸书员工吗 |
[02:54] | And who’s not finishing their Go-Gurt? | 谁没吃完吸吸乐 |
[02:56] | This family is now on a budget. | 这个家现在要省钱 |
[02:58] | New rule — if you’re food, you get eaten. | 新规定 是食物就得吃完 |
[03:00] | But what about Hans Gruber? | 但是汉斯·格鲁伯呢 |
[03:03] | He’s food! | 它是食物 |
[03:04] | Are you gonna eat him?! | 你们要吃它吗 |
[03:06] | What? No. | 什么 不 |
[03:07] | Hans Gruber, we knew this day would come. | 汉斯·格鲁伯 我们知道会有这一天 |
[03:09] | Run! | 跑 |
[03:13] | I’m gonna leave a candle on my window tonight | 今晚我会在窗边点一根蜡烛 |
[03:16] | so my parents with a castle can find me. | 这样我拥有城堡的父母能找到我 |
[03:28] | Greg’s book comes out today, | 格雷格的书今天开始销售 |
[03:30] | and he’s worried nobody’s gonna buy it. | 他担心没人买 |
[03:32] | I’ll buy one. | 我会买一本 |
[03:34] | What? I bet he has a dreamy author photo | 怎么了 我打赌他拍了张梦幻的作者照 |
[03:36] | where he’s sort of staring at you | 他盯着你 |
[03:38] | with his glasses dangling from his pillowy lips. | 眼镜挂在他柔软的嘴唇上 |
[03:40] | Doris, you have your own husband to fantasize about. | 多瑞丝 你有自己的老公可以供你幻想 |
[03:43] | All my Richard fantasies involve me pushing him off a boat. | 我对理查德的幻想就是我把他推下船 |
[03:45] | So, is Greg spiraling? | 格雷格崩溃了吗 |
[03:48] | To save money on electricity, | 为了省电费 |
[03:50] | he wants us to unplug the digital clock | 他要我们拔下电子钟的插头 |
[03:51] | and just reset it every time we get home. | 每次回家都要重置 |
[03:53] | – Greg is spiraling. – I need that car fixed. | -格雷格崩溃了 -我需要把车修好 |
[03:56] | This morning when the gardener pulled me through the window, | 今早园丁把我从车窗拉出来时 |
[03:58] | he got a big handful of Katie. | 他面对的是发飙的凯蒂 |
[03:59] | Well, maybe Greg’s book will get some positive reviews | 也许格雷格的书会得到好评 |
[04:02] | and he’ll calm down. | 他就会冷静下来 |
[04:03] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[04:04] | Or definitely. | 或者肯定 |
[04:06] | You two are going to review his book on Amazon. | 你们上亚马逊网评论他的书 |
[04:10] | If there’s homework, | 如果还有作业 |
[04:11] | I’m gonna stop coming to these breakfasts. | 我就不来吃早餐了 |
[04:12] | You don’t have to read it — Just give it a glowing review. | 你不必看书 只要吹得天花乱坠就行 |
[04:14] | The positive feedback will make him feel better. | 积极的反馈会让他好受些 |
[04:16] | Then he’ll relax, and then we can fix the car. | 然后他会放松 我们就能修车 |
[04:18] | Do you really think our two reviews | 你真的认为两条评论 |
[04:20] | are gonna make a difference? | 可以带来改变吗 |
[04:21] | Trust me, one of my favorite things about Greg | 相信我 我最喜欢格雷格的一点就是 |
[04:23] | is that a little breeze at his back blows him a long way. | 一点点好处他就乐上天了 |
[04:27] | Merry Christmas, Greg. | 圣诞快乐 格雷格 |
[04:28] | Oh, honey, | 亲爱的 |
[04:29] | you shouldn’t spend money on lottery tickets — | 你不应该花钱买彩票 |
[04:31] | no one ever wins. | 从来没人赢 |
[04:35] | Look at that! I won $10! | 看啊 我赢了十块钱 |
[04:36] | Kids, we’re going to Benihana! | 孩子们 我们去红花铁板烧餐厅 |
[04:38] | Everyone can have sodas! | 所有人可以喝汽水 |
[04:40] | I went to Benihana once. | 我去过一次红花铁板烧餐厅 |
[04:41] | The chef flipped shrimp tails in the air | 厨师把虾甩到空中 |
[04:43] | and caught them in his hat. | 用帽子接住 |
[04:44] | It was like a circus… in a restaurant! | 真像马戏团 但是在餐厅里 |
[04:46] | So you’ll help me? | 你们会帮我吗 |
[04:48] | I’ve been sitting with you for an hour and a half on a Thursday. | 我在周四陪你坐了一个半小时了 |
[04:50] | I clearly have nothing better to do. | 显然我无事可做 |
[04:55] | What’s with all the fruits and the leafy-green vegetables? | 怎么全是水果和绿叶蔬菜 |
[04:58] | Where is my diet soda? | 我的健怡可乐呢 |
[04:59] | That stuff’s terrible for you. | 那东西只会害了你 |
[05:01] | It’s loaded with chemicals. | 全是化学品 |
[05:02] | 70% of my portfolio’s chemicals — | 我的投资70%是化学品 |
[05:05] | why shouldn’t 70% of my body be, as well? | 为什么我的身体不行 |
[05:07] | 70% of your portfolio? | 70%的投资 |
[05:10] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[05:13] | What are you doing? | 你做什么 |
[05:14] | I need to do a report for school | 学校要求写报告 |
[05:16] | about a successful person in my life, | 写生活中认识的成功的人 |
[05:17] | and I’m choosing you. | 我选择你 |
[05:19] | Oh. So let’s start from the beginning — | 从最初开始 |
[05:20] | what drove you to become the man you are today? | 是什么促使你成为今天的自己 |
[05:22] | Well, I guess it was my dad. | 我想是我的爸爸 |
[05:24] | He shined shoes in Grand Central Station. | 他在中央车站擦鞋 |
[05:26] | My drive is not to struggle like he did. | 我的动力就是别像他那样受苦 |
[05:28] | You know that saying, “Money can’t buy you happiness”? | 你知道常言道 钱不能买来快乐 |
[05:31] | Yeah? | 是的 |
[05:32] | Well, it’s nonsense. | 这是胡说 |
[05:33] | Written by a rich person | 这是富人说的 |
[05:35] | to make poor people feel better about their sad lives. | 目的是令穷人对自己的悲惨人生感觉好些 |
[05:38] | Rich people are the best. | 富人最棒了 |
[05:41] | I want to do better than my dad, too. | 我也希望比我爸爸成功 |
[05:42] | Well, doesn’t your dad have a book coming out? | 你爸爸的书不是要问世了吗 |
[05:44] | Yeah, today. | 对 今天 |
[05:46] | Well, he can make some dollars off of that. | 他可以从中赚钱 |
[05:48] | It’s called “John Stuart Mill and the Consequences | 书名是《约翰·斯图尔特·密尔 |
[05:50] | of a Thoroughgoing Empiricist Outlook.” | 与彻底的经验主义展望的后果》 |
[05:52] | Oh. Well… | 好吧 |
[05:53] | money can’t buy you happiness. | 钱不能买来快乐 |
[05:57] | Katie! | 凯蒂 |
[05:58] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[05:59] | The first reviews of my book are in and they love it! | 我的书的评论出来了 读者很喜欢 |
[06:01] | – Amazing! – Listen to this! | -太好了 -你听 |
[06:03] | “This isn’t just the best | 这不仅是我看过的 |
[06:04] | John Stuart Mill book I’ve ever read — | 关于约翰·斯图尔特·密尔的最好的书 |
[06:06] | it’s the best book I’ve ever read, period.” | 也是我看过的最好的书 绝对如此 |
[06:09] | Here’s another. | 还有一条 |
[06:11] | “Greg Otto is clearly a gifted author and historian. | 格雷格·奥图显然是有天赋的作家和历史学家 |
[06:13] | And what a handsome author photo.” | 好帅气的作者照 |
[06:15] | Well, thank you… | 谢谢你 |
[06:16] | DragonLady853. | 龙女853 |
[06:18] | I told you that you were overreacting. | 我说过你反应过度了 |
[06:20] | – They go on and on. – See? | -他们说个不停 -瞧 |
[06:22] | You were worried about nothing. | 你白担心了 |
[06:24] | Who knows, maybe somewhere down the road, | 谁知道呢 也许以后说不定 |
[06:26] | a John Stuart Mill musical. | 有约翰·斯图尔特·密尔音乐剧 |
[06:28] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[06:29] | “Mill” is so much easier to rhyme than “Hamilton.” | 密尔比汉密尔顿容易押韵多了 |
[06:32] | Will. Kill. Chill. | 会 杀 冷 |
[06:33] | Look at this, I’m writing already! | 瞧 我已经在写了 |
[06:34] | And we’ll get your car all fixed up. | 我们会把你的车修好 |
[06:36] | You know what? I’m taking it in the shop today. | 知道吗 我今天就开去修车厂 |
[06:38] | And I’m springin’ for a gas cap. | 我还会换油箱门 |
[06:39] | Say goodbye, wad of balled-up paper towels. | 再见了 卷成一团的纸巾 |
[06:42] | Thank you, DragonLady853 and WifeStealaForeva. | 谢谢你们 龙女853和永远的偷妻贼 |
[06:46] | Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[06:47] | You are not going to believe this — | 你们不会相信的 |
[06:49] | Londyn told Summit who told Zola | 兰迪告诉萨米特 她又告诉佐拉 |
[06:51] | that Trip Windsor is going to ask me to the winter dance. | 特里普·温莎将邀请我参加冬季舞会 |
[06:54] | – Who? – He’s the gorgeous new guy at school. | -谁 -学校里刚来的帅哥 |
[06:56] | Nobody knows anything about him. | 所有人对他一无所知 |
[06:58] | He’s totally mysterious. | 他好神秘 |
[06:59] | Perfect. Mysterious stranger — | 完美 神秘的陌生人 |
[07:00] | every mother’s dream. | 每位母亲的梦想 |
[07:02] | What, were there no drifters who kept to themselves available? | 怎样 没有流浪汉有空吗 |
[07:05] | – Dad. – He could be a great guy. | -爸 -他有可能是好人 |
[07:06] | Impossible! His name is Trip? | 不可能 他叫特里普[有差错的意思] |
[07:08] | The most slappable name in the world. | 全世界最找抽的名字 |
[07:10] | Now who’s assuming the worst? | 现在谁往最糟糕的情况想 |
[07:11] | Sometimes you need to take the leap and see what happens. | 有时候你需要迈出一大步 看看结果如何 |
[07:13] | Like I did with my book, and … | 就像我对我的书 |
[07:16] | – I say go for it. – Thanks, Dad. | -我支持你 -谢谢你 爸 |
[07:18] | You’re not going to any dance with a boy that we haven’t met! | 你别想和我们没见过的男生参加任何舞会 |
[07:21] | Katie, jump and the net will appear. | 凯蒂 跳吧 网会出现的 |
[07:24] | Damn you, DragonLady853 and WifeStealaForeva! | 见鬼 龙女853和永远的偷妻贼 |
[07:31] | Stay. | 别动 |
[07:33] | Stay. | 别动 |
[07:35] | Stay! | 别动 |
[07:36] | Please, Hans Gruber! You have to hide! | 求你了 汉斯·格鲁伯 你得留下 |
[07:40] | You need to understand — | 你需要明白 |
[07:42] | you’ve lived a very sheltered life. | 你过着受到庇护的生活 |
[07:45] | But now people you’ve loved and trusted want to eat you. | 现在你爱的和信任的人要吃你 |
[07:48] | Why did you have to be so delicious? | 你为什么非得这么好吃 |
[07:52] | Okay… | 好的 |
[07:53] | when I turn back around, you better be gone. | 我转身时 你最好离开了 |
[07:57] | 1… One | |
[07:59] | 2… Two | |
[08:00] | 3! Three | |
[08:02] | Where was this obedience | 我叫你别在我的 |
[08:04] | when I told you to stop pooping in my closet? | 衣柜里拉屎时 你怎么没这么听话 |
[08:09] | Hans Gruber… | 汉斯·格鲁伯 |
[08:10] | you can’t fall asleep without your lavender night mask! | 没有薰衣草面罩你睡不着 |
[08:15] | Sounds like the reviews worked. | 听起来评论起作用了 |
[08:16] | Two days later, and he’s out getting the car fixed. | 两天后 他出去修车了 |
[08:18] | Yeah, but I think you guys might’ve gone too far. | 是啊 但我想你们可能过了点 |
[08:20] | There’s a subtle shift in Greg ever since he read them. | 格雷格看了评论后 有些微妙的改变 |
[08:23] | He encouraged Taylor to hang out with Trip, | 他鼓励泰勒和特里普一起玩 |
[08:25] | and he’s been doing finger guns quite a bit lately. | 而且最近他总是做手指枪 |
[08:28] | Is that so bad? | 有那么糟吗 |
[08:31] | That’s horrible! I am so sorry! | 好可怕 真替你难过 |
[08:33] | But he’ll snap back when his book doesn’t sell. | 但书卖得不好的话 他就会恢复正常 |
[08:35] | But then you’ll have a depressed Greg on your hands. | 但那样你又会面对沮丧的格雷格 |
[08:37] | That I know how to handle. | 沮丧我能应付 |
[08:39] | I make him a meatloaf, let him call me Martha, | 我给他做肉糕 让他叫我玛莎 |
[08:41] | and we play a little game called | 我们玩个小游戏叫 |
[08:43] | “General Washington comes home from the war.” | 华盛顿将军从战场上回到家 |
[08:46] | Please don’t tell me you have a costume. | 拜托不要告诉我你有戏服 |
[08:48] | You have a costume. | 你有戏服 |
[08:51] | Wow. He got the horn fixed. | 居然修好了喇叭 |
[08:53] | That was fast. | 真快 |
[08:59] | That is not your car. | 那不是你的车 |
[09:07] | Well, ladies, what do you think? | 女士们 怎么样 |
[09:10] | You bought a brand-new car? | 你买了新车 |
[09:12] | I got a great deal. | 价钱非常划算 |
[09:13] | The dealership gave me | 代理商给了我 |
[09:14] | a month of satellite radio for free! | 一个月的免费卫星广播 |
[09:16] | We can’t afford a new car. | 我们买不起新车 |
[09:17] | We can’t afford a new anything. | 买不起任何新东西 |
[09:19] | The net has appeared. | 网出现了 |
[09:22] | It’s even worse when he does it. | 他做起来更可怕 |
[09:26] | Oh, my God, he holstered them. | 我的天 放进了枪套 |
[09:31] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[09:33] | You were supposed to get your car fixed. | 你应该去修车 |
[09:35] | I was, until I pulled into the shop at the dealership | 是的 直到我开到经销店 |
[09:37] | and I saw this baby in the window. | 我在窗户里看到这个宝贝 |
[09:39] | Sometimes you just have to say, “What the heck?” | 有时候你就得说 管它呢 |
[09:41] | Then I stopped at Benihana for lunch. | 然后我去了红花铁板烧吃午餐 |
[09:43] | It’s not as fun when it’s just you. | 一个人去没意思 |
[09:44] | Greg. This is a new car. | 格雷格 这是新车 |
[09:46] | We’re not a new-car family. | 我们不是新车家庭 |
[09:48] | We’re not a new-anything family. | 我们买不起任何新东西 |
[09:50] | You know why our pillowcases are so soft? | 知道为什么我们的枕套那么软吗 |
[09:53] | I bought them at the Petersons’ yard sale. | 我在彼得森的旧货甩卖上买的 |
[09:55] | That’s right, we sleep on dead-people sheets. | 没错 我们睡的是死人的床单 |
[09:58] | I knew you’d be a bit hesitant. | 我就知道你会犹豫 |
[09:59] | Let me show you what this baby’s got. | 我让你看看这个宝贝有什么 |
[10:02] | Front-wheel drive. | 前轮驱动 |
[10:03] | Heated front seats. | 前座加热 |
[10:05] | Intelligent clearance sonar. | 车侧雷达感应 |
[10:07] | Ask me what that means? | 问我是什么意思 |
[10:08] | I don’t know, but it’s awesome! | 我不知道 但是好棒 |
[10:09] | Does that have any features | 有没有什么特点 |
[10:10] | that let you go back in time and return it? | 让你回到过去退掉它 |
[10:12] | I know my cheap Greg is in there somewhere. | 我知道我小气的格雷格还在 |
[10:15] | The one who waters down Palmolive | 稀释洗洁精的格雷格 |
[10:16] | so I can barely get my dishes clean. | 让我连盘子都洗不干净 |
[10:18] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[10:19] | This car needs to go back. | 这辆车需要退回去 |
[10:21] | Katie, we’re fine. | 凯蒂 我们很好 |
[10:23] | The reviews for my book are amazing. | 我的书的评论非常好 |
[10:25] | It’ll be a hit — I’ll get tenure. | 会大卖的 我会拿到终身教职 |
[10:27] | We deserve to be a new-car family. | 我们理应做新车家庭 |
[10:28] | Your book only has two reviews. | 你的书只有两条评论 |
[10:30] | Two stellar reviews. | 两条一流评论 |
[10:33] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:34] | “This isn’t a book — it’s a revelation. | 这不是书 这是启示 |
[10:36] | This love letter to Mill is a masterpiece | 这封对密尔的情书是我们这代人 |
[10:38] | our generation doesn’t deserve.” | 不配拥有的杰作 |
[10:40] | That is an excellent turn of phrase. | 这是非常精彩的用语 |
[10:43] | There’s another one. | 还有 |
[10:43] | “This treatise has no equal. | 这本著作无可匹敌 |
[10:45] | It is the sun and we are fortunate to bask in its light. | 它是太阳 我们有幸能沐浴在其阳光下 |
[10:48] | Greg Otto is a luminary.” | 格雷格·奥图是大师 |
[10:50] | But reviews are not sales. | 但评论不是销售量 |
[10:53] | A luminary, Katie. | 大师 凯蒂 |
[10:59] | Whoa, Taylor’s really stepped up her game. | 泰勒的游戏升级了 |
[11:02] | Hey, guys. | 各位 |
[11:03] | This is Trip — my non-drifter date to the dance. | 这是特里普 我参加舞会的非流浪汉舞伴 |
[11:08] | Sweet ride. | 好车 |
[11:10] | Love this guy. See? Who was right? | 喜欢这小子 瞧 谁是对的 |
[11:13] | Is there anything I’m not nailin’ today? | 今天还有我不行的事吗 |
[11:14] | Yeah, I can think of something. | 我可以想到 |
[11:15] | So, is that your car? | 那是你的车吗 |
[11:17] | Yeah. Yep. My parents | 对 我父母 |
[11:19] | promised to buy the car if I got straight C’s. | 答应只要我全考C就给我买 |
[11:21] | Straight C’s? | 全考C |
[11:22] | Yeah. And I finally got ’em. | 对 我终于成功了 |
[11:24] | Well, one D, but it was just English, | 有一个D 但是是英语 |
[11:27] | so my parents were cool. | 我父母不介意 |
[11:28] | What kinda mileage you get on that thing? | 你跑了多少英里数 |
[11:31] | If this is a test, | 如果这是测试 |
[11:32] | I’m legally allowed to take it untimed. | 法律允许我不计数 |
[11:37] | This thing’s got so many buttons. | 车上有好多按钮 |
[11:39] | Yeah, it does. High five! | 没错 击掌 |
[11:41] | Red sports-car club! | 红色跑车俱乐部 |
[11:42] | Yeah. | 对 |
[11:43] | Great. | 真好 |
[11:44] | Now I’m dealing with a smart moron and a moron moron. | 现在我要对付聪明白痴和真正的白痴 |
[11:47] | Hans Gruber? | 汉斯·格鲁伯 |
[11:50] | Where have you gone to? | 你去了哪里 |
[11:51] | I’ve got your favorite food — trash. | 我手上有你最爱的食物 垃圾 |
[11:58] | This is all your fault. | 这全是你们的错 |
[11:59] | – Our fault? – Yes! | -我们的错 -对 |
[12:01] | Your reviews were too good. | 你们的评论写得太好 |
[12:03] | And now Greg is spending money we don’t have. | 现在格雷格在花我们没有的钱 |
[12:05] | Hey, don’t hand Michelangelo a paint brush | 别给米开朗基罗油漆刷 |
[12:07] | and then complain when you get the Sistine Chapel. | 然后又抱怨你得到了西斯廷教堂 |
[12:09] | I got them to throw in a free month of satellite radio, | 我让他们赠送免费的一个月卫星广播 |
[12:11] | and this month has 31 days, so… | 这个月有31天 所以 |
[12:13] | Legend! | 厉害 |
[12:16] | I’ve got to tell Greg the truth. | 我得告诉格雷格真相 |
[12:17] | That you had us make up reviews | 你让我们写假评论 |
[12:19] | so he could feel good and you could get your car fixed? | 让他好受些 你可以去修车 |
[12:21] | God, that’s the truth? | 天啊 这是真相吗 |
[12:23] | The truth sounds awful. | 真相好可怕 |
[12:25] | Greg, can I have a word with you? | 格雷格 能和你说两句吗 |
[12:28] | Kind of in the middle of a red-sports-car club meeting. | 我们红色跑车俱乐部正在开会 |
[12:30] | Come on, Trip, let’s go. | 特里普 我们走 |
[12:31] | Whenever my mom says that, | 我妈每次这样说 |
[12:33] | it’s never one word, and it’s never good. | 从来不止两句 而且从来没好事 |
[12:35] | Meeting adjourned. | 休会 |
[12:36] | Love it. | 好的 |
[12:40] | About the reviews you got — | 关于你得到的评论 |
[12:42] | – Yeah, I still can’t believe them. – Good. | -我依然不敢相信 -很好 |
[12:44] | That is a good zone to be in, | 这种状态很好 |
[12:46] | but the thing is — | 但事实是 |
[12:47] | Whoa! It’s my publisher. Talk to me, Vance. | 我的出版商 说吧 文斯 |
[12:49] | Thank God. I’m off the hook. | 谢天谢地 没我什么事了 |
[12:51] | His publisher will tell him the book bombed, | 他的出版商会告诉他书没卖出去 |
[12:53] | and I’ll be here to cheer him up | 我会为他打气 |
[12:55] | dressed as a panty-less Martha Washington. | 打扮成没穿裤子的玛莎·华盛顿 |
[12:57] | Then we can return the car and go back to normal. | 然后把车退回去 一切恢复正常 |
[13:00] | Oh, Greg, I’m sorry. | 格雷格 很遗憾 |
[13:03] | The book sold out. All 10,000 copies. | 书售罄了 全部一万本 |
[13:06] | It’s a hit! | 大卖 |
[13:07] | Yeah, I’d be speechless, too, | 对 我也会无语 |
[13:09] | if I found myself married to a luminary. | 如果我发现自己嫁给了一位大师 |
[13:12] | Sorry, “Moist.” | 抱歉 潮湿 |
[13:13] | “Luminary” Just became my new least-favorite word. | 大师刚成为我最讨厌的词 |
[13:19] | A best-seller and a new car? | 畅销书加新车 |
[13:21] | Sounds like your dad’s on a roll. | 听上去你爸风头正劲 |
[13:23] | I won’t be offended if you want to write that report on him. | 如果你的报告想写他 我不会介意 |
[13:26] | Why would I write about him when I can write about you? | 我可以写你时 为什么要写他 |
[13:28] | Your life’s amazing. | 你的人生太精彩了 |
[13:29] | You were the one | 是你 |
[13:30] | who turned Michael Jackson on to chimpanzees. | 让迈克尔·杰克逊喜欢黑猩猩 |
[13:32] | Anyone can write about me. Hell, plenty of people have. | 任何人都能写我 很多人写过 |
[13:35] | But no one has yet broken the story of Greg Otto. | 但没人写过格雷格·奥图的故事 |
[13:38] | I guess. | 我想是的 |
[13:39] | But my dad’s never even been to prison. | 但我爸没坐过牢 |
[13:41] | And I don’t want you to keep | 我不希望你一直 |
[13:42] | building up federal prison in your head. | 在脑海中营造联邦监狱的良好印象 |
[13:43] | I mean, it’s great, | 的确是不错 |
[13:44] | but to put it in terms you’d understand — | 但用你能理解的话来说 |
[13:47] | Oahu, Lanai, Maui, prison, Kauai. | 瓦胡岛 拉奈岛 毛伊岛 监狱 考艾岛 |
[13:56] | It’s true. It’s sold out. | 这是真的 售罄 |
[13:58] | I know. Greg is so happy. | 我知道 格雷格开心死了 |
[14:00] | It’s like that time he thought | 就像那次他以为 |
[14:02] | he saw Bill Nye at the farmers market. | 他在农贸集市看到比尔·奈伊 |
[14:03] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[14:07] | Do we have any tapenade? | 我们有橄榄酱吗 |
[14:10] | I don’t think so because I don’t know what that is. | 我想没有 因为我不知道那是什么 |
[14:13] | Well, we’re gonna need to get some | 我们得买一些 |
[14:14] | because now that I’m a celebrated author, | 因为现在我是著名作家 |
[14:16] | I’m gonna start hosting a weekly salon | 我要开始举办每周一次的沙龙 |
[14:18] | here at the house. | 就在家里 |
[14:19] | Why would we get haircuts in our house? | 我们为什么要在家理发 |
[14:21] | Oh, Katie. No. | 凯蒂 不对 |
[14:23] | A salon is a gathering of minds to explore intellectual topics. | 沙龙是思想的聚会 以探索知识主题 |
[14:29] | I’m not loving what’s going on here. | 我不喜欢现在这种情况 |
[14:31] | You ladies are welcome to come to the salon, | 欢迎你们女士们参加沙龙 |
[14:33] | as observers, of course. | 当然是作为观察者 |
[14:34] | You can observe me giving you one of these. | 你可以观察我这样做 |
[14:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:38] | I know you’re not happy with where you are in life, | 我知道你不满意现在的生活状况 |
[14:40] | but someday, girls, like me, | 但总有一天 姑娘们 和我一样 |
[14:43] | your ship will come in. | 你们的船也会到的 |
[14:45] | Uh, I only have my kids every other weekend. | 我只是隔周末才带孩子 |
[14:48] | My ship has come in, baby. | 我的船已经到了 亲爱的 |
[14:53] | You know, sometimes I think your Second Breakfast rants | 有时候我觉得你的二次早餐唠叨 |
[14:56] | are just you complaining, but this is real. | 只是你在抱怨 但这是真的 |
[15:01] | See you at school. | 学校见 |
[15:06] | Hey, Kate, can you tell Greg that I had to scoot? | 凯特 你能告诉格雷格我得走了吗 |
[15:12] | Mrs. Otto will tell Mr. Otto | 奥图太太会告诉奥图先生 |
[15:14] | that Taylor’s new friend had to leave. | 泰勒的新朋友必须离开 |
[15:16] | Yeah, you can tell him, too. | 好 你也可以告诉他 |
[15:18] | – Whatever. – Trip… | -随便 -特里普 |
[15:20] | I don’t think you and Taylor should date. | 我认为你和泰勒不应该约会 |
[15:22] | Totally! | 完全是 |
[15:23] | We’re on the same page. | 我们想法一样 |
[15:25] | Keeping it caj. | 随意点 |
[15:26] | Just a fun, physical thing, you know? | 只是好玩 纯身体关系 |
[15:28] | Lates, Kate. | 回见 凯特 |
[15:31] | Easy on the eyes. Tough on the brain. | 长得帅 笨到死 |
[15:33] | Bright side — | 好的一面 |
[15:34] | Taylor gets to be the smart one in the relationship. | 泰勒将是恋爱关系中聪明的那一个 |
[15:37] | Greg and Taylor are stressing me out! | 格雷格和泰勒让我好有压力 |
[15:39] | I’m going to go sit in the new Camry | 我要去坐在新车里 |
[15:41] | and enjoy that there are no sticky pennies | 享受没有粘粘的硬币 |
[15:43] | stuck in the cup holders. | 卡在杯架里 |
[15:54] | Hans Gruber! | 汉斯·格鲁伯 |
[15:58] | Hey, bacon legs, get back here! | 培根腿 回来 |
[16:16] | I don’t know what the pig told you, | 我不知道这只猪跟你说了什么 |
[16:18] | but they’re not mine. | 但这些不是我的 |
[16:24] | How many of Greg’s books did you buy? | 你买了多少格雷格的书 |
[16:26] | All of them. | 全部 |
[16:27] | Why? | 为什么 |
[16:28] | Well, Oliver was interviewing me | 奥利弗采访我 |
[16:30] | for a report on someone successful in his life, | 他要写人生中认识的成功人士的报告 |
[16:32] | and I thought he should do it on his dad | 我觉得他应该写他爸爸 |
[16:34] | instead of me. | 而不是写我 |
[16:35] | So you bought the books to make Greg look good. | 所以你买书令格雷格脸上有光 |
[16:37] | Well, a boy should be proud of his father. | 男孩应该为父亲感到骄傲 |
[16:38] | I wasn’t, and I regret it. | 我没这样 我后悔 |
[16:40] | That’s very sweet of you, Spencer. | 你真好 斯宾塞 |
[16:43] | But 10,000 copies? | 但一万本 |
[16:44] | I only meant to buy a few dozen, but when I did — | 我本来只想买几十本 但我买了后 |
[16:47] | Have you seen this amazon.Com thing? | 你见过亚马逊网站吗 |
[16:49] | Of course! | 当然 |
[16:51] | You haven’t lived until you get a snow shovel | 雪铲和小胡萝卜在一个包裹里 |
[16:53] | and baby carrots in the same package. | 在这之前的日子根本不算日子 |
[16:55] | I’m banned from trading stocks, | 我被禁止买卖股票 |
[16:56] | so when I started buying Greg’s book | 所以我开始买格雷格的书后 |
[16:58] | and I saw it climb up the sales ranking, | 我看到书在销量排名上攀升 |
[17:00] | it gave me a rush like the old days. | 让我像以前那样激动 |
[17:02] | And before I knew it, I bought them all. | 我还没回过神 就全买了 |
[17:04] | Come on, Hans Gruber. | 走吧 汉斯·格鲁伯 |
[17:06] | Let’s go home and bring our luminary back down to Earth. | 我们回家让大师回到人间 |
[17:10] | What are you going to do with all these books? | 这些书你打算怎么办 |
[17:11] | Disappoint trick-or-treaters for the next 10 or so years. | 接下来十年 让孩子们玩不给糖就捣蛋时失望 |
[17:17] | Greg, I need to talk to you about something. | 格雷格 我有事告诉你 |
[17:20] | Hans Gruber, you’re safe, | 汉斯·格鲁伯 你安全了 |
[17:21] | and you don’t have to hide anymore! | 你不必再躲起来了 |
[17:23] | My dad’s book is a success, | 我爸爸的书成功了 |
[17:24] | so we can afford not to eat you! | 我们有钱不用吃你了 |
[17:26] | Well, Hans, don’t get too comfortable. | 汉斯 别太惬意 |
[17:29] | Greg, I need to tell you s– | 格雷格 我要告诉你 |
[17:30] | “Until this report, I never knew | 在写报告前 我从来不知道 |
[17:32] | that my dad wrote his book at night | 我爸在晚上写书 |
[17:33] | after we all went to sleep. | 在我们都睡觉后 |
[17:34] | Sometimes he worked until 4:00 in the morning | 有时候他工作到凌晨四点 |
[17:36] | because he put his family first. | 因为他把家人放在第一位 |
[17:38] | He didn’t sacrifice us for his dream. | 他没有为自己的梦想牺牲我们 |
[17:40] | And still, his dream came true. | 而他的梦想依然成真了 |
[17:43] | Sometimes being a good man | 有时候做一个好人 |
[17:45] | makes you a great man. | 令你成为伟人 |
[17:47] | I couldn’t be more proud to be his son.” | 能做他的儿子我太骄傲了 |
[17:50] | That’s the best review I’ve ever gotten. | 这是我收到的最好的评论 |
[17:57] | I’m gonna put a cover on this | 我要加个封面 |
[17:59] | and go watch “Game of Thrones.” | 然后看《权力的游戏》 |
[18:00] | No, you’re not. | 不 不准看 |
[18:01] | All my friends are allowed to. | 我的朋友们都可以看 |
[18:02] | No, they’re not. | 不 他们不可以 |
[18:07] | I’m proud of you, too. | 我也为你骄傲 |
[18:08] | Thanks, honey. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[18:09] | What did you want to talk about? | 你刚才想说什么 |
[18:11] | Just, um… | 就是 |
[18:13] | What should we serve at your salon? | 你的沙龙上我们提供什么吃的 |
[18:18] | pistachios. | 开心果 |
[18:20] | Pistachios? | 开心果 |
[18:22] | Oh, God, I so want to tell him about the books! | 老天 我真想告诉他书的实情 |
[18:28] | Hey, Mom. Trip’s gonna pick me up. | 妈 特里普会来接我 |
[18:30] | – We’re gonna go see a movie. – Taylor. | -我们去看电影 -泰勒 |
[18:32] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[18:33] | Here it comes. | 又来了 |
[18:34] | Here what comes? | 什么来了 |
[18:35] | You don’t like him. You don’t want me seeing him. | 你不喜欢他 不希望我见他 |
[18:37] | You think I’m too good for him. | 你认为他配不上我 |
[18:38] | That’s the gist of it, | 大概是这个意思 |
[18:39] | but I would have said it snarkier. | 但我会说得更挖苦一些 |
[18:40] | -我还是想和他约会 -为什么 | |
[18:42] | Because he’s nice. And he’s cute. | 因为他很好 长得又帅 |
[18:45] | And you always talk about all the dumb guys | 你总是谈起在爸之前你约会过的 |
[18:47] | you dated before Dad. | 那些蠢男生 |
[18:48] | Maybe the reason you fell in love with him | 也许你爱爸的原因 |
[18:50] | is because you got all those dumb guys out of your system. | 是因为你已经谈够了笨蛋男友 |
[18:53] | No. | 不 |
[18:54] | Don’t you make me see things in a new light. | 你别让我对事情有新看法 |
[18:56] | I promise I won’t be home late. | 我保证我不会晚回家 |
[18:59] | All right. | 好的 |
[19:01] | Go to the movies. | 去看电影 |
[19:03] | Just nothing 3-D. | 别看3D电影 |
[19:04] | You don’t want him doing this the whole time. | 你不希望他一直这样 |
[19:14] | I was thinking Wednesday for your salon. | 我想你的沙龙可以周三开 |
[19:16] | I’ll have the tapenade ready. | 我会准备好橄榄酱 |
[19:18] | I looked it up online. | 我在网上查过了 |
[19:19] | Turns out it’s just a fancy word for mushed-up olives. | 原来就是压成糊糊的橄榄的高级说法 |
[19:22] | I know that Spencer bought all my books. | 我知道斯宾塞买了所有的书 |
[19:24] | And I know you know. | 我知道你知道 |
[19:27] | I wanted to do a book tour. | 我想举行巡回签售 |
[19:28] | So my publisher tracked my sales | 所以经销商查了销量纪录 |
[19:30] | to see which cities I should visit. | 看我应该去哪些城市 |
[19:32] | Turns out all my books sold in just one town — | 结果全是一个地方买的 |
[19:35] | just this town — just one address. | 就是这里 一个地址 |
[19:39] | Spencer’s. | 斯宾塞的家 |
[19:40] | He just assumed I was there | 他以为我知道 |
[19:41] | because you’d already told me everything. | 因为你会告诉我 |
[19:43] | He gave me a signed copy of my own book. | 他签名了一本我的书送给我 |
[19:45] | I don’t know why he signed it. | 我不知道他为什么签名 |
[19:47] | So, thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[19:49] | For what? | 为什么 |
[19:51] | For knowing the truth but letting me have the win, | 知道真相依然让我享受胜利 |
[19:54] | even though I was acting like a pompous jerk. | 尽管我表现得像个自大的混蛋 |
[19:56] | You weren’t pompous, honey. | 你不是自大 亲爱的 |
[19:59] | You were just a luminary planning a salon. | 你只是计划沙龙的大师 |
[20:01] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[20:03] | I guess I let success get to my head. | 我想我让成功冲昏了头脑 |
[20:05] | Well, that won’t be a problem now. | 现在这不是问题了 |
[20:07] | Only one person bought my book. | 只有一个人买了我的书 |
[20:09] | Who knows how many books you might have sold | 如果不是被斯宾塞全买了 |
[20:11] | if Spencer hadn’t bought them all? | 谁知道会卖出去多少呢 |
[20:12] | Yeah, I guess. | 我想是的 |
[20:14] | Plus, as far as the tenure committee knows, | 而且 反正终身教职委员会知道 |
[20:16] | you sold 10,000 books! | 你卖了一万本书 |
[20:19] | Don’t do that thing | 别犯傻 |
[20:20] | where you tell people the truth when you don’t have to. | 别在不该说出实情的时候说出来 |
[20:22] | You don’t bring the empty candy wrappers | 你不会拿着空糖纸 |
[20:24] | to the cash register. | 去收银处 |
[20:25] | You tuck them behind some produce. | 你要躲在农产品区吃 |
[20:27] | Katie, ethically, I feel I have to tell them — | 凯蒂 从道德上来说 我觉得我必须告诉他们 |
[20:30] | That’s the only way we get to keep the car. | 只有这样我们才能保住车 |
[20:31] | That my book sold out on the first day. | 我的书在第一天就售罄了 |
[20:38] | You wouldn’t believe the day I had, honey. | 你不会相信我今天怎么过的 亲爱的 |
[20:41] | But it was worth it. We won. | 但一切是值得的 我们胜利了 |
[20:44] | So the British surrendered? | 英国人投降了吗 |
[20:45] | Yes, verily. | 是的 |
[20:46] | We surprised them at Yorktown | 我们在约克镇突袭他们 |
[20:47] | and battled them back to the ocean. | 把他们打回了海上 |
[20:49] | That’s wonderful, George. | 太好了 乔治 |
[20:51] | Now eat some meat loaf and then we’ll retire upstairs. | 快吃肉糕 然后我们去楼上就寝 |
[20:55] | Eat fast. The kids’ movie ends at 9:00. | 快点吃 孩子们的电影9点结束 |