时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Dude, we have a test. You have to focus. | 伙计 要考试了 你得专心 |
[00:04] | I have no motivation to succeed. | 我没有成功的动机 |
[00:05] | You don’t understand how hard it is to study | 你不知道当你知道有大额 |
[00:07] | when you know you’re sitting on a huge trust fund. | 信托基金支持时 学习有多难 |
[00:09] | Dude, I’m so sorry, man — I didn’t realize. | 伙计 真是抱歉 我不知道 |
[00:13] | What do you guys think? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[00:14] | “Charge”! Scary, huh? | 冲啊 可怕吧 |
[00:15] | Scary that some of this might be passed down to me. | 我怕这些会遗传给我 |
[00:17] | War reenacting is a celebration of our nation’s history, | 战争重演是对我国历史的颂扬 |
[00:20] | and despite what your mother says, | 不管你妈妈怎么说 |
[00:21] | that cannot be learned by watching Kevin Costner movies. | 看凯文·科斯特纳的电影是学不到的 |
[00:23] | I don’t get why you care so much about history. | 我不懂你为什么这么在乎历史 |
[00:25] | It’s just a bunch of boring facts and dates. | 只是一些无聊的事实和日期 |
[00:27] | Boring facts — | 无聊的事实 |
[00:28] | Why are you being so mean?! | 你为什么这么恶毒 |
[00:30] | History is the story of living, breathing people who helped shape our world. | 历史是帮助塑造了我们世界的活生生的人 |
[00:33] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[00:34] | If they’re so great, | 如果他们这么伟大 |
[00:35] | then why are they dead? | 为什么他们都死了 |
[00:38] | Guess who is killing it as the Spring Gala Chairperson. | 猜谁做春季晚会主席做得风生水起 |
[00:42] | ♪ Is it my laaaady, Kaaaaatie? ♪ | 是我的夫人凯蒂吗 |
[00:46] | What are you doing? | 你做什么 |
[00:47] | I’m not sure. | 我也不知道 |
[00:48] | I’m starting to rack up awesome stuff for the charity auction — | 我在收集慈善拍卖的好东东 |
[00:51] | a $100 gas card, | 一百美元汽油卡 |
[00:52] | 10 free games of mini-golf, | 十次免费迷你高尔夫 |
[00:54] | and a signed head shot of Scott Bakula | 斯科特·巴库拉的签名照 |
[00:56] | that I stole from the dry cleaner. | 我在干洗店偷来的 |
[00:59] | Oh, I’m laughing ’cause you said those things are awesome, | 我笑是因为你说这些是好东东 |
[01:01] | – and they so aren’t. – I’m beginning to understand | -可惜不是 -我开始明白 |
[01:03] | why your parents travel so much. | 你父母为什么经常出门 |
[01:06] | Mom, Cooper’s right. | 妈 库珀说得对 |
[01:07] | Gas cards aren’t gonna cut it. | 汽油卡没用的 |
[01:09] | To raise big money, you need big-ticket auction items. | 要筹集大钱 你需要非常好的拍卖项目 |
[01:12] | Last year, Nancy Granville’s family donated | 去年 南茜·格兰维尔捐赠了 |
[01:14] | a week at her Sun Valley house. | 太阳谷房子的一周时间 |
[01:15] | Brought in $20,000. | 筹集了两万 |
[01:17] | That’s like 10 allowances. | 零用钱的十倍了 |
[01:22] | Cooper, you spilled your milk. | 库珀 你把牛奶弄洒了 |
[01:23] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[01:24] | Are you going to just leave it? | 你不管吗 |
[01:26] | Well, what else would I do? | 我能做什么 |
[01:27] | What happens at your house when you spill something? | 你在家洒了东西会怎样 |
[01:33] | And now what happens? | 现在怎样 |
[01:34] | Well, Lupe or Dolores or Lita or Patricia | 卢皮或德洛丽丝或利塔或帕特丽夏 |
[01:36] | will come in and clean it up. | 会来清洁干净 |
[01:38] | It is…Tuesday, | 今天是周二 |
[01:39] | so it would be Lupe, Dolores, Lita, Patricia, or the driver. | 应该会是卢皮或德洛丽丝或利塔或帕特丽夏 或司机 |
[01:43] | I don’t know his name. | 我不知道他的名字 |
[01:44] | We just call him Bentley because, you know — | 我们管他叫宾利 因为 |
[01:45] | Shut this up! Clean this up! | 闭嘴清洁 |
[01:47] | See? This kind of behavior | 瞧 就是这种行为 |
[01:49] | is exactly why I don’t want to be a part of Westport culture. | 让我不想成为西港文化的一部分 |
[01:51] | These people have no sense of reality. | 这些人没有现实感 |
[01:52] | Mom, if you don’t raise enough cash, | 妈 如果你筹不到足够的钱 |
[01:54] | it’ll bring shame to our family. | 会令我们家蒙羞 |
[01:56] | It’ll be Dad’s goatee all over again. | 爸的山羊胡事件又会重演 |
[01:57] | Oliver, you have to accept that your mother and I | 奥利弗 你必须接受你妈和我 |
[01:59] | don’t subscribe to the shallow values of this town. | 不会接受这座城市的肤浅价值观 |
[02:02] | As for the goatee… | 至于山羊胡 |
[02:03] | “Reality Bites” Pushed a lot of good people | 《四个毕业生》把许多好人 |
[02:05] | in a lot of bad directions. | 推进了火坑 |
[02:06] | Okay, shame doesn’t work with you people. | 好吧 羞耻对你们没用 |
[02:09] | Let’s try facts. | 那就试试事实 |
[02:10] | If you don’t raise enough money, | 如果你筹不到足够的钱 |
[02:12] | it’ll force the school to cut back on things | 就会逼学校砍掉一些东西 |
[02:14] | like the Special Ed department. | 比如说特殊教育部 |
[02:16] | That wouldn’t be good. | 那可不妙 |
[02:18] | But on the bright side, she is getting better. | 不过往好处看 她有进步了 |
[02:20] | Yesterday she was scrubbing up to her shoulders. | 昨天她还洗了肩膀 |
[02:23] | Hup, there she goes. | 又来了 |
[02:25] | Fine. I’ll sweet talk the rich idiots. | 好 我会去对那些有钱白痴甜言蜜语 |
[02:27] | But for the record, I hate it. | 但是说清楚 我讨厌这样 |
[02:29] | Agreed. People should donate | 同意 人们捐赠应该是因为 |
[02:30] | because it’s the right thing to do, | 这是正确的事 |
[02:31] | not because they get some vacation in return. | 而不是因为拥有度假作为回报 |
[02:33] | This is the kind of nonsense I was telling you about. | 这就是我跟你说过的”胡话” |
[02:42] | Taylor, I just talked to your history teacher. | 泰勒 我刚跟你的历史老师谈过了 |
[02:44] | In an effort to foster your love for history, | 为了培养你对历史的热爱 |
[02:46] | I’m taking you out of class and bringing you to the reenactment. | 你不必上课 我带你去参加重演 |
[02:48] | What if I didn’t go to the reenactment, | 不如我不去参加重演 |
[02:50] | and you just took me out and dropped me off at the mall? | 你带我离开学校 送我去商场 |
[02:52] | No reenactment, no dice. | 不参加重演什么都别想 |
[02:54] | You’re lucky I hate school. | 你真幸运 我讨厌学校 |
[02:55] | Question — In this battle, | 提问 这场战役 |
[02:57] | how many died and how bloody was it? | 多少人死了 流了多少血 |
[02:59] | Well, it was a massacre, so almost everyone | 这是大屠杀 所以差不多所有人都死了 |
[03:01] | and very bloody. | 血流成河 |
[03:02] | I want in. | 我要参加 |
[03:03] | Come on! | 来吧 |
[03:11] | Nancy! | 南茜 |
[03:12] | Hi. Katie Otto. | 你好 我是凯蒂·奥图 |
[03:14] | I’m chair of the Spring Gala this year. | 我是今年的春季晚会主席 |
[03:16] | Well, I hope you fair better | 希望你比去年的 |
[03:18] | than last year’s chairperson, Stacy Clouser. | 主席史黛西·克劳泽要强 |
[03:20] | Do you know the pressure of planning that Gala | 你知道筹办晚会的压力 |
[03:23] | caused her to have a nervous breakdown? | 令她发疯了吗 |
[03:25] | I want to thank you | 我想感谢大家 |
[03:27] | for attending this very important spring Gala strategy meeting. | 参加这一非常重要的春季晚会战略会 |
[03:30] | After some brief remarks, | 在简短的汇报后 |
[03:32] | I will open the room to questions. | 大家可以提问 |
[03:34] | Bup! After my remarks, Mr. Bobbins. | 等等 我先汇报 鲍宾斯先生 |
[03:38] | I’m pretty sure that has all been exaggerated. | 我相当确信这些太夸张了 |
[03:40] | Are you? ‘Cause I was there | 是吗 我当时就在场 |
[03:42] | when the paramedics had to hold her down | 急救员按住她 |
[03:43] | and administer a sedative. | 给她打镇静剂 |
[03:44] | But you know what, | 但你知道吗 |
[03:46] | you tell yourself whatever you need to hear. | 你想听什么你就说什么吧 |
[03:48] | I’m just gonna come out with it. | 我直说吧 |
[03:49] | Would you be willing to donate your Sun Valley ski house | 你愿意捐献你家在太阳谷的滑雪屋 |
[03:53] | to this year’s Gala auction? | 参加今年的拍卖吗 |
[03:58] | Oh, is that your whole pitch? | 就这些吗 |
[04:02] | How about I throw in an almost-full punch card to Gary’s Beef Bowl? | 差不多打满孔可以换牛肉饭的卡怎么样 |
[04:06] | No. | 不 |
[04:09] | It’s just that you donated it last year, | 只是你去年捐了 |
[04:11] | and I thought maybe you would do it again. | 我以为你会再捐 |
[04:13] | And I thought that my ex-husband liked women, | 我以为我前夫喜欢女人 |
[04:14] | so I guess we’re both cruelly disappointed. | 看来我俩都非常失望 |
[04:19] | The thing is, we need to get enough money | 问题是 我们需要足够的钱 |
[04:22] | to pay for things like the Special Ed department. | 用来支持特殊教育部这样的东西 |
[04:27] | Still here! | 我还在呢 |
[04:28] | Can’t get rid of me that easy! | 别想这么轻松摆脱我 |
[04:41] | You girls are in for a treat. Over the next two days, | 你们赚了 接下来两天 |
[04:43] | we’re gonna relive the Westport Massacre — | 我们将重演西港大屠杀 |
[04:45] | an event where real people were inspired | 这次事件令当时的人受到激励 |
[04:47] | to stand up against tyranny | 站起来反抗暴君 |
[04:48] | and change the course of the nation. | 改变了国家的进程 |
[04:50] | But they all got massacred, right? | 但他们都被屠杀了 对吗 |
[04:52] | Sure, if you want to nitpick. | 当然 如果你要这么吹毛求疵的话 |
[04:53] | Okay, here’s where the excitement begins. | 激动人心的东西开始了 |
[04:56] | You get to choose whatever you want to be — | 你们可以选择自己想做的 |
[04:58] | a soldier, a scout, a musket loader — | 士兵 侦察员 步枪装弹员 |
[05:00] | Actually, Corporal Otto, women can’t be whatever they want. | 事实上 奥图下士 女人不能想做就做什么 |
[05:03] | They can only be what’s on this list. | 只能做这张单子上的 |
[05:08] | Not much of a list. | 根本没有清单 |
[05:09] | Do I detect a tone of insubordination? | 你这是不服从吗 |
[05:11] | – Sir, no, sir. – Corporal, we all understand | -不是的 长官 -下士 我们都明白 |
[05:13] | the importance of historical accuracy. | 历史准确的重要性 |
[05:15] | Without that, we’re just a bunch of dorks | 没有这点 我们就只是一帮呆子 |
[05:16] | running around a field. And I’m not missing | 在地上乱跑 我可不会因为这个 |
[05:18] | my once-a-month supervised visitation day with my kid for that. | 错过一月一次的在有监督的前提下探访孩子的机会 |
[05:21] | In the real battle, | 在真正的战场上 |
[05:23] | the only females involved were nurses. | 女性唯一能做的就是护士 |
[05:25] | Is that understood? | 明白吗 |
[05:27] | – Yes, sir. Understood, sir. – Good. | -是长官 明白 -很好 |
[05:29] | Okay. Change of plans, | 好的 计划有变 |
[05:30] | but…also exciting. | 不过 依然激动 |
[05:32] | Think of how cool being a nurse will be. | 想想看做护士多酷 |
[05:34] | You get to run around the battlefield, | 可以在战场上奔跑 |
[05:35] | – carrying the wounded — – Correction. | -背伤员 -纠正下 |
[05:36] | Nurses are confined to the medical tent — | 护士只能待在医护帐篷 |
[05:38] | nursing “Wounds,” Tending to the “Dead,” | 照料伤员和死者 |
[05:41] | and preparing the hot stew which was generously provided to us | 准备热汤 今天慷慨给我们提供热汤的是 |
[05:43] | today by Chunky. | 康宝罐头 |
[05:45] | History sucks. | 历史好烂 |
[05:46] | Yep, history sucks for women. | 对 历史对女人来说很烂 |
[05:48] | For men, it was pretty all right. | 对男人来说挺好的 |
[05:57] | There is a new name on my hate list. | 我的仇人名单上加了一个人 |
[05:59] | Nancy Granville. | 南茜·格兰维尔 |
[06:01] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[06:02] | Oliver called us. | 奥利弗给我们打了电话 |
[06:03] | He told us you struck out with a bunch of moms at drop-off today. | 他说你今天在学校门口找妈妈们 却处处碰壁 |
[06:06] | Oliver called you? | 奥利弗给你们打了电话 |
[06:07] | -Yep. -On the phone? | -对 -打电话 |
[06:09] | To complain about me? | 抱怨我 |
[06:10] | He’s worried your Florida-ness — | 他担心你的佛州习气 |
[06:13] | his words — | 他的原话 |
[06:14] | is impeding your ability to perform | 妨碍了你的表现能力 |
[06:16] | in the capacity of Gala Chairperson. | 无法胜任晚会主席 |
[06:17] | And as much as I hate to admit it, | 我也不想承认 |
[06:19] | that horrible child is right. | 那个可怕的孩子说得对 |
[06:21] | In Westport, any charity donation | 在西港 任何慈善捐献 |
[06:23] | comes from a quid pro quo. | 都是等价交换 |
[06:25] | You want big items, you have to give something in return. | 你想要好东西 就得拿好东西去交换 |
[06:27] | You know why Nancy Granville donated her place in Sun Valley | 你知道南茜去年为什么把太阳谷的屋子 |
[06:30] | to the Gala last year? | 捐出去吗 |
[06:32] | You don’t know why! | 你不知道原因 |
[06:33] | It’s because Stacy Clouser gave her use of her personal chef. | 那是因为史黛西·克劳泽把私人大厨给她用 |
[06:37] | – For a week. – Hold on. | -用了一周 -等等 |
[06:38] | So to get the people in Westport to donate big, fancy items | 让西港的人捐出非常好的东东给晚会 |
[06:41] | to the Gala, they need a favor in return? | 他们需要等价交换 |
[06:44] | But I don’t have anything of value to offer. | 但我没有值钱的东西给他们 |
[06:46] | You could let people hunt Greg in the woods, | 你可以让大家在森林里猎杀格雷格 |
[06:48] | “Most Dangerous Game” Style. | 《最危险的游戏》风格的 |
[06:50] | I’d pay good money for that. | 我愿意出大价钱 |
[06:52] | No one is hunting Greg. | 没人去猎杀格雷格 |
[06:53] | He’s not spry. | 他不是猎物 |
[06:54] | Fine. | 好 |
[06:55] | Well, I do have a $20,000 gold-embroidered sofa. | 我有价值两万的黄金绣花沙发 |
[06:58] | You could offer it to Nancy for her ski house. | 你可以给南茜交换滑雪屋 |
[07:00] | It’s gorgeous. | 可漂亮了 |
[07:01] | Why don’t you keep it? | 你为什么不要了 |
[07:02] | It’s too high. It’s humiliating. | 太高了 丢人 |
[07:04] | My legs dangle like a ventriloquist dummy. | 我的腿晃得像腹语木偶 |
[07:06] | I don’t need your sofa | 我不需要你的沙发 |
[07:08] | because I refuse to buy into this stupid Westport, | 因为我拒绝服从愚蠢的西港的 |
[07:10] | rich-person, horse-trading nonsense. | 富人讨价还价的鬼把戏 |
[07:13] | Oh, Katie, hi. | 凯蒂 |
[07:16] | Hate to interrupt your second feeding, | 抱歉打扰你的第二顿饭 |
[07:18] | but I heard you’re failing miserably at getting donations for the Gala. | 但我听说你在争取舞会的捐赠上输得一败涂地 |
[07:20] | Well, a $100 gas card says otherwise. | 一百元的汽油卡可不是这么说的 |
[07:25] | Actually $50. I had to fill up. | 只有五十元了 我得加油 |
[07:27] | I want you to know that I can’t wait to laugh at you | 我想让你知道 我等不及在你惨败时 |
[07:29] | when this falls apart. | 嘲笑你 |
[07:30] | Then I’ll pretend that I took it too far. | 然后我会假装我太过分了 |
[07:32] | Then I’ll comfort you just enough | 接着我会安慰你 |
[07:33] | so that you think it’s real, | 让你以为我是真心的 |
[07:34] | and then I’ll laugh some more in your face. | 然后我会当你的面更无情地嘲笑你 |
[07:40] | Well, I’m not gonna fail. | 我不会失败的 |
[07:42] | Because I just decided to play the game. | 因为我决定玩这个游戏 |
[07:45] | Big-ticket donations, here I come. | 捐赠的好东东 我来了 |
[07:47] | Great! I will give you $10,000 to hunt Greg! | 太好了 我给你一万猎杀格雷格 |
[07:50] | No one is hunting Greg! | 没人猎杀格雷格 |
[07:58] | Nancy! | 南茜 |
[08:00] | How funny to bump into you. | 碰到你真是太巧了 |
[08:01] | Is it? What do you want, Katie? | 是吗 你想怎样 凯蒂 |
[08:03] | I have a little something I’d like to offer | 我想给你一些东西 |
[08:05] | in exchange for your ski house. | 交换你的滑雪屋 |
[08:07] | Drum roll, please. | 听好了 |
[08:09] | Doris’ $20,000 gold-embroidered sofa. | 多瑞丝的价值两万的金绣花沙发 |
[08:12] | Doris has been trying to give that thing away to everyone in town. | 多瑞丝在全市逢人就想送 |
[08:15] | It’s awful. | 太可怕了 |
[08:17] | It has “Doris” Written across it in huge gold letters, so… | 上面锈着金色的”多瑞丝”几个大字 所以 |
[08:20] | no, thank you. | 不要 谢谢 |
[08:21] | Would you prefer to hunt Greg in the woods? | 你想在森林里猎杀格雷格吧 |
[08:25] | Hi. Mom? | 妈 |
[08:26] | Funny to bump into you here. | 碰到你真巧 |
[08:28] | I know you followed me. I don’t need your help. | 我知道你跟踪我 我不需要你的帮助 |
[08:30] | Oh, but you do. | 但你需要 |
[08:31] | Hey, Cooper Bradford, close friend of the family, | 库珀·布拉福德 我家的好友 |
[08:33] | come on over here. | 过来吧 |
[08:35] | Hi, Mrs. Granville. | 你好 格兰维尔太太 |
[08:36] | Cooper? | 库珀 |
[08:38] | What a wonderful surprise! | 真没想到 |
[08:40] | How are your parents? | 你父母好吗 |
[08:42] | They’re good, yeah. | 他们很好 |
[08:43] | They are vay-vacationing in Positano. | 他们在波西塔诺度度假 |
[08:46] | Ooh. What’s vay-vacationing? | 什么是”度度假” |
[08:48] | Well, they were vacationing in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat | 他们之前在圣珍卡普费拉度假 |
[08:51] | and they needed a vacation from their vacation. | 然后他们需要为度假再度个假 |
[08:55] | Would you consider marrying a much older woman? | 你会考虑娶一个年龄大你很多的女人吗 |
[08:57] | No… | 不 |
[08:59] | Would you? | 会吗 |
[09:00] | Mom, speaking of Mr. And Mrs. Bradford… | 妈 说到布拉福德先生和太太 |
[09:03] | Cooper just informed me that his parents | 库珀刚告诉我他父母 |
[09:05] | are happy to host a table at this year’s Spring Gala. | 很开心今年能主持春季晚会的一桌 |
[09:07] | Mrs. Granville, perhaps you’d be willing to donate | 格兰维尔太太 也许你愿意捐出 |
[09:09] | your Sun Valley house | 你在太阳谷的房子 |
[09:11] | in exchange for sitting right next to them? | 以此交换坐在他们旁边的位置 |
[09:14] | The house is yours. | 房子归你了 |
[09:18] | Would you excuse me for one moment? | 我失陪一下 |
[09:21] | What just happened? | 出什么事了 |
[09:23] | Did I just get the Sun Valley house? | 我刚得到了太阳谷的房子吗 |
[09:24] | Mom, get woke. | 妈妈 醒醒 |
[09:25] | Everyone wants access to the Bradfords. | 所有人都想接近布拉福德 |
[09:27] | They’re the most powerful couple in town. | 他们是全市最有权势的夫妻 |
[09:29] | Sitting at a table with them for even an hour | 和他们同坐一桌 哪怕只有一小时 |
[09:31] | can elevate people’s social status. | 也能提高人们的社会地位 |
[09:33] | If we offer up seats at the Bradfords’ table | 如果我们提供布拉福德桌的位置 |
[09:35] | for big-ticket items, we’re gonna make a killing. | 用来交换好东东 会非常成功的 |
[09:37] | Thus elevating our social status. | 因此提升我们的社会地位 |
[09:41] | – What do you say? Say it again. | -怎么说 -再说一遍 |
[09:43] | Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat. | 圣珍卡普费拉 |
[09:45] | So sophisticated! | 好有品味 |
[09:47] | You tell your parents I said that, now. | 告诉你父母我这样说 |
[09:50] | Okay, Oliver, let’s do this. | 好的 奥利弗 就这样做 |
[09:52] | Finally. Welcome to my side. | 终于 欢迎加入我这边 |
[09:55] | Why do I feel like I’m making a deal with the Devil? | 我为什么感觉我和恶魔达成了协议 |
[10:00] | Oh, thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[10:06] | I’m sorry, young man. The leg has to go. | 对不起 年轻人 必须锯掉这条腿 |
[10:11] | Glad someone’s having fun. | 好在有人玩得开心 |
[10:13] | You just have to get into it. | 你必须投入 |
[10:15] | Create a character. | 创造一个角色 |
[10:16] | For example, I’m a poor Massachusetts housewife | 比如说 我是马萨诸塞州的穷家庭主妇 |
[10:19] | who, after witnessing the horrors of war, | 见证战争的可怕之后 |
[10:20] | has developed a morphine habit | 养成了吸吗啡的习惯 |
[10:22] | to deaden the pain. | 用来麻痹痛苦 |
[10:25] | Hey, girls! | 姑娘们 |
[10:26] | Dad! Are you wounded? | 爸 你受伤了吗 |
[10:28] | We’ll probably have to take the leg. | 可能要锯掉腿 |
[10:29] | Sorry, pumpkin. | 抱歉 小南瓜 |
[10:30] | I just wanted to see how you guys were holding up. | 我来看看你们怎么样了 |
[10:33] | Taylor, what are you doing? | 泰勒 你做什么 |
[10:34] | I’m using a Snapchat filter where it looks like | 我在用滤镜 看起来像 |
[10:36] | you’re vomiting rainbows. | 你在呕吐彩虹 |
[10:37] | Put it away. | 收起来 |
[10:39] | I got you out of school so you could learn | 我让你不上学 这样你可以了解 |
[10:40] | about our great nation, not play on your phone. | 我们伟大的国家 而不是玩手机 |
[10:42] | Dad, this sucks. | 爸 这里好差劲 |
[10:43] | We’re stuck here in this tent doing all the crap jobs | 我们困在这个帐篷做些烂工作 |
[10:46] | while all the guys are out there having fun. | 男人们在外面玩得开心 |
[10:48] | Don’t you think it’s a little uncool that — | 你不觉得这样不像话吗 |
[10:49] | – My daughter’s not giving this a fair shot? – No. That — | -我女儿不尝试一下吗 -不 只有… |
[10:51] | You’re rejecting one of the most glorious learning experiences | 你拒绝一个人可拥有的最棒的 |
[10:53] | – a person can have? – That only the girls are treated this way. | -学习体验 -只有女生被这样对待 |
[10:56] | Especially this day and age. | 尤其是现在这个年代 |
[10:57] | But it isn’t this day and age. | 但现在不是这个年代 |
[10:59] | That’s the whole point. | 这才是重点 |
[11:01] | Corporal Otto, why aren’t you at your post? | 奥图下士 你为什么不在岗位 |
[11:03] | Oh, sorry, sir. I was just checking on my girls. | 抱歉 长官 我来看看女儿 |
[11:04] | A phone? | 手机 |
[11:06] | What — What are you doing with a pho– | 你拿手机做什么 |
[11:07] | Or rather, what are doing with some futuristic device | 应该说 你用未来设备做什么 |
[11:09] | that I don’t know about? Because I’m in the 1700s. | 我不知道这东西 因为我身处1700年代 |
[11:12] | It’s no big deal. I’ll just put it away. | 没什么 我拿开就好 |
[11:13] | Oh. No big deal. | 没什么 |
[11:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:17] | Then maybe it’s “No big deal” That I demote you, Private Otto. | 那我给你降级也没什么 奥图列兵 |
[11:21] | See you on the battlefield. | 战场上见 |
[11:24] | Go! | 走 |
[11:27] | Back to private. | 又成了列兵 |
[11:28] | You just flushed three whole years | 你刚让我三年的网上 |
[11:30] | of online reenactment class down the toilet! | 重演课程付诸东流了 |
[11:35] | I’ve got you down for two seats at the Bradford table. | 我给你布拉福德桌两个位置 |
[11:37] | And in return, | 作为交换 |
[11:39] | you’ll donate your private jet for the weekend — | 你可以捐出私人飞机一周末的时间 |
[11:41] | Is that correct? | 对吗 |
[11:43] | Great! | 太好了 |
[11:44] | Thank you for your donations. | 多谢你的捐助 |
[11:46] | Put the Bumgarners on the board! | 把伯姆加纳放上板 |
[11:49] | Mom, I got to be honest. | 妈 我说实话 |
[11:51] | I’m actually having fun. | 我很开心 |
[11:52] | We’re like a mother/son “Wolf of Wall Street.” | 我们像母子版华尔街之狼 |
[11:54] | I’m Leo. You’re Jonah Hill. | 我是莱昂 你是乔纳·希尔 |
[11:56] | Can’t say that I love the Jonah Hill comparison, but… | 不能说我喜欢被比作乔纳·希尔 但是 |
[11:59] | this is pretty awesome. | 这的确很棒 |
[12:03] | Hey, guys! How’d it go? | 各位 怎么样 |
[12:04] | So fun! I amputated a ton of legs. | 太好玩了 我切掉了好多腿 |
[12:08] | Sometimes I accidentally took the wrong one | 有时候我不小心切错 |
[12:10] | just so I could do two. | 这样可以再切一次 |
[12:11] | Mom, Dad won’t let me go back to school. | 妈 爸不让我上学 |
[12:14] | It’s a two-day battle, so no school for you. | 这是两天的战役 不准你上学 |
[12:18] | What happened out there? | 什么情况 |
[12:19] | What’s happening in here? | 你们这里什么情况 |
[12:21] | Oliver is teaching me the ways of Westport. | 奥利弗在教我西港之道 |
[12:23] | I’m using Cooper Bradford’s parents | 我利用库珀·布拉福德的父母 |
[12:25] | as bait to dupe the rich idiots | 做诱饵 引诱有钱的白痴 |
[12:27] | into coughing up fancy auction items. | 让他们贡献出好东东 |
[12:29] | – And we’re killin’ it. – Mother/son robot dance! | -我们可厉害了 -母子机器人舞 |
[12:33] | Katie, a moment? | 凯蒂 过来下 |
[12:37] | What happened to not getting sucked into Westport culture? | 不是说不接受西港文化吗 |
[12:39] | I know it’s weird, but Oliver is helping me | 我知道这很奇怪 但奥利弗帮我 |
[12:41] | lock in donations for the Gala | 搞定晚会的捐赠 |
[12:42] | and has taught me the wonderful feeling | 教会我金钱和权势 |
[12:44] | that comes with money and power. | 可以带来非常爽的感觉 |
[12:47] | I don’t like any of this. | 我一点也不喜欢 |
[12:48] | I don’t like what you just said, I don’t like this board, | 我不喜欢你刚说的话 不喜欢这块板 |
[12:50] | and I feel like your hair may be a little bit different. | 我感觉你的发型都有点不同了 |
[12:52] | Don’t listen to him. You’re finally getting respect in this town. | 别听他的 你终于获得了这座城市的尊重 |
[12:55] | But at what cost? Don’t lose who you are | 但代价是什么 别失去自我 |
[12:56] | – in pursuit of material gains. – But think of the power. | -只为追求物质 -但想想权势 |
[12:58] | Surely there must be a better way to get what you want. | 当然还有其他更好的办法获得你想要的 |
[13:00] | People will want to know you. | 人们想认识你 |
[13:02] | You don’t want to know anyone, Katie. | 你不想认识任何人 凯蒂 |
[13:03] | People will want to be you. | 人们想成为你 |
[13:04] | That’s not what you’re about. | 你不是这样的人 |
[13:06] | And you can finally destroy Tara Summers. | 你终于可以灭掉泰拉·萨莫斯 |
[13:08] | Winner! Sorry, Greg. | 胜者 抱歉 格雷格 |
[13:10] | I’m going with the kid on this one. | 这次我和这孩子一伙 |
[13:11] | Fine. But for the record, | 好 但说清楚 |
[13:12] | I don’t like the crowd you’re running with. | 我不喜欢你跟的这伙人 |
[13:13] | Who? Oliver? | 谁 奥利弗 |
[13:16] | Yes. | 对 |
[13:26] | Katie! Hi! | 凯蒂 |
[13:28] | Don’t you look adorable today. | 你今天真可爱 |
[13:30] | Someone’s clearly heard how I’m killing it with the Gala. | 某人清楚知道我筹办晚会有多顺利 |
[13:33] | I have. And I also heard | 我知道 我还听说 |
[13:35] | that there’s one more seat available at the Bradford table. | 布拉福德桌还有一个位置 |
[13:37] | Well, by happy coincidence, | 巧的是 |
[13:39] | our timeshare in the Bahamas is suddenly available. | 我们在巴哈马的分时度假屋空出来了 |
[13:41] | Which I’d be happy to donate. | 我乐意捐出来 |
[13:42] | Oh, really? That is a happy coincidence. | 是嘛 是很巧 |
[13:45] | Your timeshare’s no good here. | 不需要你的分时度假屋 |
[13:46] | And the Bahamas? Really? | 巴哈马 不是吧 |
[13:48] | What, are we filming “Cocktail”? | 我们在拍《鸡尾酒》吗 |
[13:49] | Move along. | 走开吧 |
[13:54] | Mom… | 妈 |
[13:56] | Oliver, why didn’t you tell me it was so much fun | 奥利弗 你为什么没告诉我做西港混蛋 |
[13:57] | being a Westport douchebag? | 这么好玩 |
[13:59] | That’s literally all I talk about. | 我不是一直在说吗 |
[14:00] | Mom, bad news. | 妈 坏消息 |
[14:02] | Cooper Bradford just got suspended | 库珀·布拉福德被停学了 |
[14:04] | and might get expelled. If the school throws him out, | 有可能被开除 如果他被开除 |
[14:06] | there’s no way his parents will sponsor a table at the Gala. | 他父母不可能再买下晚会的一桌 |
[14:08] | Oh, man! | 老天 |
[14:09] | Nothing ever goes my way! | 事情从来就不如我的意 |
[14:11] | First you three kids, now this! | 先是你们三个孩子 现在又是这个 |
[14:18] | Principal Ablin? | 阿布林校长 |
[14:19] | Oh, hi, Katie. | 你好 凯蒂 |
[14:21] | If you’re here to complain again, | 如果你又是来抱怨的 |
[14:23] | we now have a meat option on vegan day. | 现在素食日也有荤菜了 |
[14:26] | I need your help with the Cooper Bradford situation. | 我需要你帮忙解决库珀·布拉福德的事 |
[14:29] | You need to unsuspend him. | 你需要解除他的停学 |
[14:31] | First, you’re not his parent. | 首先 你不是他的父母 |
[14:32] | And do you even know what the Cooper Bradford situation is? | 而且你知道库珀·布拉福德的情况吗 |
[14:34] | No. But how bad can it be? | 不知道 但能有多坏 |
[14:36] | He paid the smart kids in his math class | 他给数学课上的聪明孩子钱 |
[14:38] | to tank their midterm and lower the curve | 让他们考砸期中考 降低平均分 |
[14:39] | so he didn’t have to study. | 这样他不用学习 |
[14:40] | That’s terrible. | 太可怕了 |
[14:42] | Yeah. It is. | 是的 |
[14:43] | Back in my day, if you wanted to cheat, | 想当年 如果要作弊 |
[14:44] | you’d just write the formulas on your upper thigh | 把公式写在大腿上就行 |
[14:46] | and then call the teacher a pervert if he busted you. | 如果被老师发现 就说他是变态 |
[14:48] | It’s not so much how he cheated. | 重点不是他作弊的方式 |
[14:50] | It’s that he cheated. | 而是他作弊了 |
[14:52] | Yeah, I got it, but here’s my problem — | 我懂 但我的问题是 |
[14:53] | I have to get Cooper out of trouble, | 我得解决库珀的麻烦 |
[14:56] | otherwise the whole Spring Gala falls apart on me. | 否则整个春季晚会就完了 |
[14:58] | And since the Gala is where a large amount | 因为晚会是学校 |
[15:01] | of the funding for the school comes from, | 主要募集资金的来源 |
[15:02] | without it, other things fall apart, too. | 没有钱 其他事情也会完蛋 |
[15:05] | Like the new planned renovation of the teachers’ lounge | 比如说翻新老师休息室的新计划 |
[15:10] | that I just thought of. | 我刚想到的 |
[15:11] | Mrs. Otto, two of our brightest kids | 奥图太太 两个最聪明的孩子 |
[15:13] | were dis-invited from the Math-a-lathon because of this. | 因为这事被取消参加数学竞赛资格 |
[15:15] | We’re lucky they’re still allowed to compete | 他们还能参加生物奥赛 |
[15:17] | in the Biolog-a-lympics. | 已经算我们运气好了 |
[15:18] | Okay, let’s me and you talk, | 我们来谈谈 |
[15:20] | poor person to poor person. | 穷人对穷人 |
[15:21] | I do very well, thank you. | 我很好 谢谢 |
[15:23] | – I drive an Elantra. – Stop it. | -我开的是伊兰特 -闭嘴 |
[15:24] | We’re both a couple of poors, and we know it. | 我们都是穷人 我们知道 |
[15:26] | And the rich people are always using us poors | 富人总是利用我们穷人 |
[15:28] | for what they want. | 来达到他们的目的 |
[15:29] | Don’t you think it’s time that a couple of poors | 你不觉得是时候几个穷人 |
[15:31] | use one of the richies for what we want? | 利用富人来达到我们的目的吗 |
[15:42] | I hear rumor of a very nice sofa being offered around town. | 我听说市里有人想送出高级沙发 |
[15:46] | It says “Doris” On it in gold? | 上面绣了”多瑞丝”的金字 |
[15:49] | My cat’s name is Doris. | 我的猫叫多瑞丝 |
[15:54] | Your attention! | 立正 |
[15:56] | The British have surrounded us! | 英国人包围了我们 |
[15:58] | But before we begin the massacre, | 在大屠杀开始前 |
[16:00] | I’d like to go over the rules. | 我要先说下规矩 |
[16:01] | As per usual, we will be using verbal “Bangs” | 跟以前一样 我们用”嘣” |
[16:04] | to represent shots fired. | 代表开枪 |
[16:05] | Also, Paul will place stickers on victims | 而且保罗会在中枪人身上粘贴纸 |
[16:08] | to indicate they’ve been hit. | 表示他们中枪了 |
[16:09] | Okay! Commence massacre! | 好的 大屠杀开始 |
[16:12] | Aim! Fire! | 瞄准 开枪 |
[16:15] | Fire! | 开火 |
[16:19] | Fire! | 开火 |
[16:23] | Fire! | 开火 |
[16:26] | Fire! | 开火 |
[16:35] | I’m hit! | 我中枪了 |
[16:37] | Shoulder? Really? | 肩膀 不是吧 |
[16:39] | Ricochet. | 飞弹 |
[16:43] | Excellent death, honey. | 死得漂亮 宝贝 |
[16:44] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢你 爸 |
[16:57] | I can’t get these pants dirty. | 我不能弄脏裤子 |
[16:58] | Last time, they were so expensive to dry clean. | 上次干洗费好贵 |
[17:03] | Taylor, die. | 泰勒 快死 |
[17:04] | No. | 不 |
[17:08] | You’re shot again! Go down! | 你又中枪了 快躺下 |
[17:09] | No! | 不 |
[17:13] | Cannonball! | 炮弹 |
[17:16] | You will die right now, young lady! | 你给我马上死 小姑娘 |
[17:18] | No, Dad! | 不 爸 |
[17:19] | This is totally unfair! | 这太不公平了 |
[17:21] | I can’t be a soldier because it’s historically inaccurate? | 因为与历史不符我就不能做士兵 |
[17:23] | But people are just yelling “Bang.” | 但大家只是喊”嘣” |
[17:25] | And there’s a guy putting stickers on people | 有个人给大家贴标签 |
[17:27] | to show they’ve been shot. | 表示他们中枪了 |
[17:29] | You’re fine overlooking these things | 你可以无视这些东西 |
[17:30] | but not letting girls be soldiers? | 但不能让女孩做士兵吗 |
[17:32] | Nurse, you will die now! | 护士 你现在马上死 |
[17:34] | Don’t yell at my daughter. | 不准吼我的女儿 |
[17:36] | Back on the ground, Private Otto, | 躺回去 奥图列兵 |
[17:37] | or I’ll send you to the stockade. | 否则我把你关栅栏 |
[17:39] | No, you won’t, Elliot. | 不 你会的 埃利奥特 |
[17:40] | How dare you? | 你好大的胆子 |
[17:42] | I am Captain Beauregard of the Fifth Battalion! | 我是第五营的博勒加德上尉 |
[17:44] | No, you’re Elliot Grady. | 不 你是埃利奥特·格雷迪 |
[17:46] | You sell lambs’ wool car-seat covers | 你在商场外面的小摊 |
[17:47] | out of a kiosk in the Stamford Mall. | 卖羊毛车座垫 |
[17:49] | Stop using words that haven’t been invented yet! | 别再用还没发明的词 |
[17:52] | Look, my daughter is right. | 我女儿说得对 |
[17:53] | None of this is 100% accurate. | 没什么是百分百精确的 |
[17:55] | Jim wears color contacts. | 吉姆戴着彩色美瞳 |
[17:57] | They’re stunning, sure, but come on, accurate? | 是很漂亮 但是拜托 这哪里符合史实 |
[18:00] | And I happen to know that you wear support socks! | 而且你知道你穿着弹力袜 |
[18:05] | I have phlebitis in my ankles! | 我的脚踝有静脉炎 |
[18:07] | All I’m saying is — | 我意思是 |
[18:08] | is what my daughter’s asking for so wrong? | 我女儿的要求错了吗 |
[18:10] | May I remind you all that this is the Westport Massacre! | 我提醒大家这是西港大屠杀 |
[18:14] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[18:15] | This is the Chunky Soup Westport Massacre! | 这是康宝汤西港大屠杀 |
[18:18] | I want to bring my inhaler. | 我想带我的吸入器 |
[18:19] | I want to wear my back brace. | 我想戴我的背部纠正器 |
[18:21] | I’d like to bring a football to throw during down times. | 我想带橄榄球在休息的时间玩 |
[18:24] | Paul, get these men in line. | 保罗 让他们排队 |
[18:28] | Bang. | 嘣 |
[18:29] | Oh, I die? | 我死了 |
[18:30] | I die? | 我死了 |
[18:31] | Okay, you know what dies with me? | 你知道什么和我一起死了吗 |
[18:32] | My Netflix password. | 我的网飞密码 |
[18:34] | Yeah, didn’t think that one through, did you? | 你没想到这点吧 |
[18:36] | Nope. No, un-die me! | 不 取消我的死 |
[18:37] | – Thanks, Dad. – It was the right thing to do. | -谢谢你 爸 -这样做才正确 |
[18:39] | I’m sorry I didn’t support you sooner. | 抱歉我没有早些支持你 |
[18:41] | If it makes you feel any better, | 希望这话能安慰你 |
[18:42] | I think I actually get what you like about history. | 我想我明白了你为什么喜欢历史 |
[18:44] | – You do? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[18:46] | Being a part of a mini revolution | 参加小小的革命 |
[18:47] | and standing up to a tyrant, | 反抗暴君 |
[18:49] | it kind of helps me understand | 帮助我明白 |
[18:50] | how those people really must’ve felt. | 那些人的感受 |
[18:51] | Aw, honey. | 宝贝 |
[18:53] | I’m so proud of you for having the courage | 你有勇气坚守自己所信仰的 |
[18:54] | to stand up for what you believe in. | 我为你骄傲 |
[18:55] | And that you learned about the Revolution by yourself. | 你自己了解了革命 |
[18:58] | No, Dad. You learned it to me. | 不 爸 你在我这里学会了 |
[19:00] | Actually, the proper — | 正确的说法是 |
[19:01] | You know what? Who cares? | 没关系 |
[19:02] | We learned it to each other. | 我们在彼此那里学会了 |
[19:11] | – Oh, what’s the celebration? – I’m a free man. | -庆祝什么 -我自由了 |
[19:13] | Mrs. Otto got Principal Ablin to unsuspend me. | 奥图太太让阿布林校长解除了我的停学 |
[19:15] | By giving him Doris’ sofa, thereby saving the Gala. | 把多瑞丝的沙发给他 挽救了晚会 |
[19:18] | Wait, you bribed the principal? | 慢着 你贿赂了校长 |
[19:21] | Yes, but who cares? | 是 但谁在乎 |
[19:22] | Your Gala’s gonna be a success. | 你的晚会会成功的 |
[19:24] | Don’t give in. You fight against this town. | 别投降 你要反抗这座城市 |
[19:25] | Don’t be seduced by it. | 别被它引诱 |
[19:27] | No, let it pour you a Scotch and rub your feet. | 不 让它给你倒威士忌给你按脚 |
[19:29] | Come on, Katie, I know you’re in there. | 凯蒂 我知道你能听到 |
[19:30] | I’m feeling a little peckish. | 我觉得有点饿 |
[19:32] | Do you guys have, like, a charcuterie plate | 你们有没有肉类拼盘 |
[19:33] | or some Marcona almonds? | 或是杏仁 |
[19:35] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[19:37] | Your dad’s right. | 你爸是对的 |
[19:38] | Wait. No, he’s not. | 慢着 他不对 |
[19:39] | Robot. | 机器人 |
[19:44] | Sorry, Oliver. | 抱歉 奥利弗 |
[19:46] | I did a bad thing. | 我做了坏事 |
[19:49] | And you. | 还有你 |
[19:50] | What you did at school was awful, | 你在学校做的事太坏了 |
[19:53] | and you need to be punished. | 你需要接受惩罚 |
[19:54] | You’re grounded. | 你被禁足了 |
[19:57] | Uh, “Grounded” is when you’re forced to stay at home | 禁足就是你被迫待在家 |
[20:00] | and lose all of your privileges. | 失去所有的权利 |
[20:02] | Stay home? | 待在家 |
[20:04] | Great. Guess I get to work on my bowling | 很好 我可以练习保龄球 |
[20:05] | and play with my zebra. | 和斑马玩 |
[20:07] | No, you are staying at our house. | 不 你待在我家 |
[20:09] | So I get to stay here? | 我要待在这里 |
[20:12] | Bueno. | 太好了 |
[20:13] | Before I die, | 在我死之前 |
[20:14] | I’m gonna make you sad. | 我要让你伤心 |
[20:24] | So, Mrs. Bradford, everything with the school is fine. | 布拉福德太太 学校那边没事 |
[20:28] | I managed to make sure that Cooper did not get kicked out. | 我搞定了 库珀不会被开除 |
[20:32] | But I did ground him. | 但我把他禁足了 |
[20:35] | “Grounding” is when somebody takes away | 禁足就是有人夺走 |
[20:37] | somebody’s privileges. | 别人的权利 |
[20:40] | Okay…well… | 好吧 |
[20:42] | then we’ll see you at the Gala, then. | 我们晚会上见 |
[20:44] | Bye. | 再见 |
[20:45] | I actually feel sorry for the kid. | 我开始替这孩子难过 |
[20:48] | I had no idea you could wash your own car. | 我不知道还可以自己洗车 |
[20:50] | This is first for me. | 这是我第一次洗 |
[20:51] | Yeah, wash our car is the first for the Otto family too. | 我们奥图家这也是第一次自己洗车 |
[20:54] | I guess this is why Bentley comes in wet sometimes. | 我想这是有时候宾利是湿的原因 |
[20:56] | – Feeling passed. – Yeah. | -不难过了 -对 |