时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | What are you making? | 你在做什么 |
[00:05] | Mashed cauliflower for my mom. | 给我妈妈做花菜泥 |
[00:06] | She has dietary restrictions. | 她对饮食很挑剔 |
[00:07] | Yes, I know. She has an angry bowel. | 我知道 她有着愤怒的肠胃 |
[00:09] | It’s irritable. | 那叫易过敏 |
[00:11] | Like your parents coming for Thanksgiving makes me. | 你爸妈来过感恩节会让我也这样 |
[00:13] | For the next six hours, I need you to be | 接下来六小时 我需要你 |
[00:14] | courteous, kind, and respectful. | 有礼貌 和蔼 恭敬 |
[00:16] | That’s not fair. | 不公平 |
[00:17] | That’s like me asking you to catch a football. | 这就像我要求你接住橄榄球 |
[00:20] | …Jackson — a perfectly thrown ball — | 杰克逊 完美的掷球 |
[00:23] | Hey! I was just about to look up at that. | 我正准备看的 |
[00:27] | What are you doing? | 你做什么 |
[00:28] | Making it look dusty and unused. | 让电视看起来满是灰尘 没用过 |
[00:29] | My parents are coming, and I was raised — | 我父母要来 我从小… |
[00:31] | Without a TV. | 不看电视 |
[00:33] | Just because you grew up with the worst life imaginable — | 你在最糟糕的环境下长大 |
[00:35] | I had books. | 我有书 |
[00:36] | We’re saying the same thing — | 一个意思 |
[00:37] | doesn’t mean we should suffer every time they visit. | 并不代表他们每次来我们就得遭罪 |
[00:40] | I don’t want my dad to think we’re slaves to technology. | 我不希望我爸觉得我们是高科技的奴隶 |
[00:43] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[00:46] | Hey, give it back! | 还给我 |
[00:47] | Not happening. | 不可能 |
[00:48] | Dad, we all just watched that show | 爸 我们都看了关于 |
[00:50] | about the Menendez Brothers. | 梅内德斯兄弟的节目 |
[00:51] | Let’s think about this. | 好好想想 |
[00:53] | You’ll get them back when my parents have left. | 我爸妈离开后你们能拿回手机 |
[00:55] | Until then, why not communicate the old-fashioned way — | 在那之前 不如用传统的方式沟通 |
[00:57] | using words and eye contact. | 使用语言和眼神交流 |
[00:59] | Red-faced angry emoji. | 红脸愤怒表情符号 |
[01:05] | Guess who’s ready for the holidays. | 猜谁准备好过节了 |
[01:08] | Hans Gruber can’t be here right now. | 汉斯不能在这里 |
[01:10] | Why? | 为什么 |
[01:12] | – Because my dad can’t find out we have a pet pig. – Why? | -不能让我爸发现我们养了宠物猪 -为什么 |
[01:14] | – Because he wouldn’t approve. – Why? | -因为他不会同意 -为什么 |
[01:15] | Because Grandpa doesn’t like cute things. | 因为爷爷不喜欢可爱的事物 |
[01:17] | – Why? – Because I’m cute, | -为什么 -因为我很可爱 |
[01:19] | and he didn’t approve when Daddy married me. | 但爸爸要娶我时 他不同意 |
[01:20] | That’s not true. | 不是的 |
[01:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[01:22] | Because I was beneath Daddy. | 因为我配不上爸爸[在你爸下面] |
[01:23] | You mean like the time | 就像那次 |
[01:24] | I opened your door without knocking? | 我没敲门就进去时一样 |
[01:27] | You, take Hans Gruber upstairs and hide him in your room. | 你 把汉斯牵上楼藏在你房间里 |
[01:30] | And you, take your hair out of that ponytail | 你 放下马尾 |
[01:32] | and make it look more festive. | 弄得更喜庆些 |
[01:33] | Want to give me styling tips? | 想给我发型建议 |
[01:35] | Yes, use a curling iron to give it a light bounce. | 是 用卷发棒让头发蓬松些 |
[01:38] | And you — Actually, you’re dressed appropriately | 你 你穿得很得体 |
[01:40] | and you’re involved in ballet, something cultural. | 而且你跳芭蕾 属于文化范畴 |
[01:41] | I have no notes for you. | 我没意见 |
[01:42] | I’m the man. | 我最行 |
[01:44] | Actually, I do have a note for you. | 其实我有意见 |
[01:45] | Be 30% less Oliver. | 做七成的奥利弗 |
[01:49] | You get so uptight when your parents visit. | 你父母每次来你都好紧张 |
[01:51] | And you get uptight when | 你妈来过感恩节时 |
[01:52] | it’s your mom’s year to come for Thanksgiving. | 你也一样紧张 |
[01:53] | That’s because she’s crazy, and that makes me crazy. | 那是因为她是疯子 让我也会发疯 |
[01:56] | But you don’t see me turning myself inside out | 但你没看到我使出浑身解数 |
[01:58] | trying to please her. | 来取悦她 |
[01:59] | No, you just yell at her in front of company | 不 你只是在客人面前吼她 |
[02:01] | and make everyone uncomfortable. | 令所有人不自在 |
[02:02] | I do that. Yeah. | 我的确这样做 没错 |
[02:05] | It’s different for me. | 我不同 |
[02:06] | You have brothers and sisters. | 你有兄弟姐妹 |
[02:07] | I’m an only child. | 我是家中独生子 |
[02:08] | All the attention falls on me. | 父母的注意力全在我身上 |
[02:10] | I have to make him proud. | 我必须令他骄傲 |
[02:12] | When are you going to stop trying | 你什么时候才会不再 |
[02:13] | to get your dad’s approval? | 争取你爸爸的认同 |
[02:14] | Right after this visit, when I finally get it. | 在他这次到访我终于获得认同之后 |
[02:17] | I sent him an early copy of my book — | 我把新书的初版寄给了他 |
[02:18] | “John Stuart Mill and the Consequences | 《约翰·斯图尔特·密尔 |
[02:20] | of a Thoroughgoing Empiricist Outlook.” | 与彻底的经验主义展望的后果》 |
[02:21] | JSM is his favorite utilitarian philosopher. | JSM是他最喜欢的功利主义哲学家 |
[02:24] | Did you trade JSM’s rookie card for a… | 你有没有把JSM的新人卡拿去换… |
[02:29] | If I knew another philosopher, I would’ve totally landed that. | 如果我知道其他哲学家的名字 这个笑话绝对没问题 |
[02:32] | I just need you to get on board. | 我只是需要你配合我 |
[02:34] | Fine. | 好 |
[02:35] | But afterwards, you’re gonna owe me. | 但之后你就欠我人情 |
[02:37] | I want you do that special thing you know I like. | 我要你做我喜欢的那件特别的事 |
[02:39] | Tell the kids you’re out for the night | 告诉孩子们你晚上出去了 |
[02:40] | when, really, you’re just locked in our room | 但其实你只是锁在房里 |
[02:42] | with a coffee cup full of chocolate chips, | 咖啡杯里装满巧克力薯片 |
[02:43] | watching “Beachfront Bargain Hunt?” | 看《海滨区古董淘宝拍卖》 |
[02:45] | Sounds so hot when you say it. | 你说出来好性感 |
[02:58] | Busted. | 捉到你了 |
[03:01] | I need to get my phone back, | 我要拿回手机 |
[03:02] | but I can’t figure out the combination on the lock. | 但我想不出密码是什么 |
[03:05] | Why do you need your phone so bad? | 你为什么这么需要手机 |
[03:06] | Eyo texted, “I love you.” | 埃约发短信说”我爱你” |
[03:09] | And…? | 然后呢 |
[03:09] | He said, “I love you,” | 他说”我爱你” |
[03:11] | and that’s the first time he’s ever said that. | 这是他第一次说 |
[03:13] | And before I could text him back, | 我还没来得及回 |
[03:14] | Dad took my phone away. | 爸就拿走了手机 |
[03:16] | He’s got to be thinking you’re totally icing him out. | 他会认为你不理他了 |
[03:18] | I know! | 我知道 |
[03:19] | Okay, listen. | 听着 |
[03:20] | The sooner Grandma and Grandpa leave, | 爷爷奶奶越快离开 |
[03:22] | the sooner you’ll get your phone back. | 你就能越快拿回手机 |
[03:24] | Right. | 对 |
[03:25] | This Thanksgiving has to move fast. | 这次的感恩节得快点过 |
[03:27] | Wait. | 等等 |
[03:31] | I thought it might be Mom’s two favorite “Bachelor” Seasons. | 我以为是妈妈最爱的两季《单身汉》季数 |
[03:34] | 1321 13, 21. | |
[03:39] | Oh, I love that outfit. | 我喜欢这身衣服 |
[03:41] | This one? | 这套 |
[03:42] | The one you laid out on the bed for me | 你把这套放在我的床上 |
[03:43] | with a note that says, “Please wear it. | 留下字条说 请穿上 |
[03:45] | My mommy and daddy are coming?” | 我爸妈要来 |
[03:46] | You added that last part. | 最后那部分是你瞎说的 |
[03:47] | You promised me you’d be on board. | 你答应我会配合我 |
[03:49] | Fine! I’m on board. | 好 我配合 |
[03:51] | But parents or no parents, | 但不管有没有父母 |
[03:52] | this button is getting unbuttoned | 这颗裤扣在吃完南瓜派 |
[03:54] | 20 minutes after pumpkin pie. | 20分钟后会解开 |
[03:57] | My parents are almost here, and I said no electronics. | 我爸妈要来了 我说了不能用电子产品 |
[03:59] | This is an assignment for school. | 这是学校的作业 |
[04:01] | I have to do a short film about my family’s Thanksgiving. | 我要拍摄家庭感恩节的短片 |
[04:03] | Okay, but when you use your camera | 好 但你在爷爷奶奶旁边 |
[04:05] | around Grandma and Grandpa, | 拍摄时 |
[04:06] | make sure you call it a “Documentary.” | 记得要说是纪录片 |
[04:09] | They’re here. | 他们到了 |
[04:10] | They’re here! They’re here! | 他们到了 他们到了 |
[04:12] | Everyone, look good. Have a mint. | 各位 精神点 吃颗薄荷糖 |
[04:17] | There’s no time to pick them up. Just kick them in the vent! | 没时间捡了 踢进通风口 |
[04:23] | Spencer? | 斯宾塞 |
[04:24] | Spencer? | 斯宾塞 |
[04:25] | Happy Thanksgiving. | 感恩节快乐 |
[04:27] | You invited an ex-con to our Thanksgiving? | 你邀请前科犯来我们家过感恩节 |
[04:28] | Yeah, he’s all alone, | 对 他一个人 |
[04:29] | and I wanted him to feel like family — | 我希望他感觉我们是一家人 |
[04:31] | family you leave money to. | 继承遗产的家人 |
[04:33] | What kind of person befriends someone | 什么样的人和别人交朋友 |
[04:35] | just to get in their will? | 只为了被写进别人的遗嘱 |
[04:36] | The kind who might not take care of his father | 这种人的老爸如果一直鄙视他的行为 |
[04:37] | if he keeps up the judgment. | 他可能就不给老爸养老了 |
[04:39] | This is for you — | 送给你们的 |
[04:41] | a rare Bordeaux I bought at auction. | 我在拍卖下买下来的珍稀波尔多 |
[04:43] | Do you have a decanter? | 你有醒酒器吗 |
[04:45] | I have a sun-tea jar. | 我有冰茶罐子 |
[04:47] | That’s what they call decanters in Florida. | 就是佛州所谓的醒酒器 |
[04:50] | I hear beeping. Who’s holding? | 我听到哔哔声 是谁 |
[04:51] | – Taylor. – It’s not me. | -泰勒 -不是我 |
[04:53] | Oops. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:54] | I — I guess if I go past there, | 我想如果我走到这里 |
[04:56] | my ankle monitor’s out of range of my house. | 我的脚踝监视器就超出范围了 |
[05:01] | I don’t want my parole officer | 我可不希望我的假释官 |
[05:02] | busting up your Thanksgiving party. | 破坏你们的感恩节派对 |
[05:04] | Pearl’s fun at first, but she wears on you. | 开始觉得珀尔很有趣 不过她会烦人 |
[05:07] | – So sorry you can’t stay. – Nonsense. | -很遗憾你只能离开 -瞎说 |
[05:09] | I’ll go get the card table and set it up right here. | 我去拿小桌子摆在这里 |
[05:11] | It’s them. | 是他们 |
[05:13] | Anna-Kat, stop eating mints off the floor! | 安娜凯特 别再吃地板上的薄荷糖 |
[05:14] | – I’ll get it. – No, that’s okay. | -我去开 -不 没事 |
[05:17] | Ah, happy Thanksgiving. | 感恩节快乐 |
[05:19] | Spencer Blitz. | 我是斯宾塞·布利茨 |
[05:20] | You’re that investment banker that they locked up. | 你是被关起来的投资银行家 |
[05:23] | That’s me. | 正是在下 |
[05:24] | And now I’m your son’s doorman | 现在我是你儿子的看门人 |
[05:26] | who’s never allowed to play the market again. | 而且不能再碰股票 |
[05:28] | Empire Energy’s about to make a run. | 帝国能源的股票要涨 |
[05:30] | May I take your coat? | 外套给我好吗 |
[05:32] | Oh! Hi, honey! | 你好 亲爱的 |
[05:34] | Hi, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[05:36] | Hi, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[05:37] | Any other criminal friends coming for dinner? | 还有罪犯朋友来吃晚餐吗 |
[05:39] | Oh, no. | 不是 |
[05:41] | Spencer’s not my friend. He’s Oliver’s friend. | 斯宾塞不是我的朋友 他是奥利弗的朋友 |
[05:43] | Oh, a boy and his felon. | 男孩和他的罪犯 |
[05:45] | Warms the heart. | 温暖人心 |
[05:46] | Happy Thanksgiving! | 感恩节快乐 |
[05:48] | Katie! | 凯蒂 |
[05:49] | There is the woman that my son insisted on marrying. | 我儿子坚持要娶的女人 |
[05:52] | You. | 瞧你 |
[05:55] | Grandma, grandpa! | 奶奶 爷爷 |
[06:00] | Thank you. That was perfectly handled. | 谢谢你 表现太棒了 |
[06:02] | My secret is, I make a fist | 我的秘诀是 手握成拳头 |
[06:03] | and dig my fingernails into my hand. | 指甲掐进手里 |
[06:04] | See? | 瞧 |
[06:06] | Is that blood? | 那是血吗 |
[06:07] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:09] | All right, everyone’s here! | 好了 大家都到了 |
[06:11] | Let’s all go to the dinner table. | 大家入席吧 |
[06:12] | The turkey still has two more hours to cook. | 火鸡还要烤两个小时 |
[06:14] | I say screw the turkey and let’s get on with it! | 我说不管火鸡 大家开吃吧 |
[06:19] | Nice try speeding up Thanksgiving. | 真会把感恩节加速 |
[06:21] | Wait, what’s that sound? | 慢着 什么声音 |
[06:24] | It’s Eyo weeping as he checks his phone | 埃约一边哭泣一边看手机 |
[06:26] | for a text that never comes. | 等着永远不会来的短信 |
[06:30] | Sorry about the card table, | 抱歉只有小桌子 |
[06:32] | but it must be better than your last Thanksgiving | 但肯定比你去年在联邦监狱过的 |
[06:34] | in federal prison. | 感恩节要好 |
[06:35] | Oh, Guy Fieri was our guest chef. | 费艾里[名厨]是我们的特邀大厨 |
[06:37] | Too spicy. Terrible! | 太辣了 可怕 |
[06:39] | I’ve got sweatshirts for everyone | 我给大家准备了牛津大学的 |
[06:41] | from Oxford University! | 针织衫 |
[06:42] | He teaches there in the summers. | 他夏天时在那里教书 |
[06:44] | It’s very prestigious. | 极具声望 |
[06:46] | Yes, my job is prestigious, but, um… | 对 我的工作极具声望 但是 |
[06:49] | it’s not the only thing that I’m proud of in my life. | 这并不是我人生中唯一骄傲的事 |
[06:52] | Greg? | 格雷格 |
[06:55] | Tell ’em about the time that I smoked Tony Blair at Scrabble. | 告诉他们那次我玩拼字游戏完胜托尼·布莱尔 |
[06:58] | You just did, Dad. | 你刚说了 爸 |
[07:00] | Greg is impressive, too. | 格雷格也很厉害 |
[07:02] | You should see the velvet-y professor thing | 你应该看每次毕业典礼上 |
[07:03] | he gets to wear around his neck at every graduation ceremony. | 他脖子上围着的天鹅绒教授的东西 |
[07:06] | It’s like he teaches at Hogwarts! | 好像他在霍格华兹教书一样 |
[07:08] | I’m good, honey. Thank you. | 我没事 亲爱的 谢谢 |
[07:11] | I’ll get it. | 我去开 |
[07:12] | Who is that? We’re not expecting anyone else. | 会是谁 没人会来啊 |
[07:15] | Well, hello! | 你好 |
[07:17] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[07:19] | Mom?! | 妈 |
[07:20] | You didn’t tell me the stiffs were coming. | 你没告诉我呆板一家会来 |
[07:23] | I didn’t tell you | 我没告诉你 |
[07:24] | because you’re not supposed to be here. | 是因为你不应该来这里 |
[07:25] | You’re supposed to be at Steph’s. | 你应该去斯黛家 |
[07:26] | Well, your sister got caught up in that travel ban, | 你妹碰上了旅游禁令 |
[07:28] | and now she’s stuck in Turkey. | 现在她困在土耳其 |
[07:30] | And it didn’t occur to you to call or give me a heads-up? | 你就没想过先打电话或是打招呼吗 |
[07:32] | What, so that you could come up with some dumb excuse | 让你想到愚蠢的借口 |
[07:34] | for why I couldn’t come? | 说我不能来吗 |
[07:35] | Absolutely not. | 当然不行 |
[07:36] | I can still make an excuse. | 我依然可以想出借口 |
[07:38] | Oven’s broken. House is being fumigated. | 烤箱坏了 家里在消毒 |
[07:40] | Uh…stay away from me. You drive me crazy. | 离我远点 你让我发疯 |
[07:43] | You know, I haven’t been here for 20 seconds, | 我来了还不到20秒 |
[07:45] | and you are already on my ass. | 你已经在挑衅我了 |
[07:47] | Lucky for you I’m in a good mood. | 你运气不错 我心情很好 |
[07:49] | I had two road pinots. | 我在路上喝了两杯葡萄酒 |
[07:52] | Katie, can I talk to you for a minute? | 凯蒂 聊聊好吗 |
[07:55] | In private? | 私下里聊 |
[07:59] | Do you know how to make a whiskey sour? | 你会做威士忌酸酒吗 |
[08:03] | I can’t believe your mom crashed Thanksgiving. | 真不敢相信没邀请你妈她就来过感恩节了 |
[08:05] | She doesn’t even think to call! | 她连电话都不打 |
[08:06] | It’s bad enough we have an ex-con in the house. | 家里有个前科犯已经够糟了 |
[08:08] | Now we’ll have your soon-to-be-tipsy mom | 现在又来了马上会喝醉的你的妈 |
[08:10] | telling my parents dumb stewardess stories | 跟我爸妈讲那些愚蠢的空姐故事 |
[08:11] | about how she had a layover with James Caan. | 她怎么和詹姆斯·凯恩中途转机 |
[08:14] | She always stresses the “Lay.” | 她的重音总是在”机”上 |
[08:15] | You’re saying that as though old Snooty and Tooty | 你意思是傲慢先生和完美女士 |
[08:17] | are too good for my mother. | 比我妈高一等 |
[08:18] | Oh, come on, Katie. | 拜托 凯蒂 |
[08:19] | My dad is a three-time National Dickens Scholar. | 我爸曾经三次获得全国狄更斯学者称号 |
[08:21] | James Caan was in “The Godfather I” And “II.” | 詹姆斯·凯恩出演过《教父》一和二 |
[08:25] | What’s your point? | 你想说什么 |
[08:26] | My point is that I would listen | 我想说我会听 |
[08:27] | to my mom’s stories till the end of time | 我妈讲故事一直讲到最后 |
[08:29] | if it meant never having to hear your father go on | 这样不用听你爸一直唠叨 |
[08:31] | about his favorite author. | 他最爱的作者 |
[08:32] | What’s his name again? Scrotum? | 是谁来着 阴囊吗 |
[08:34] | Balzac. | 巴尔扎克 |
[08:35] | I knew I was close. | 我知道我说得很接近 |
[08:36] | My parent is a world-famous scholar. | 我父母是世界知名学者 |
[08:38] | Yours is a world-traveling tramp. | 你妈是环游世界的荡妇 |
[08:40] | That’s it! I’m off board! | 够了 我不配合了 |
[08:42] | I am going upstairs to change into my buffet pants! | 我会上楼换回我的自助餐裤子 |
[08:51] | I’m going to be getting some slice-of-life footage. | 我要拍一些日常生活镜头 |
[08:53] | Pretend I’m not here… | 假装我不在 |
[08:55] | unless you’re giving out doughnut holes. | 除非是派甜甜圈 |
[08:57] | Then I would like to be recognized. | 那我希望你们看到我了 |
[09:00] | Read anything interesting lately? | 最近读过什么有趣的东西吗 |
[09:01] | Oh, funny you should ask. Yes. | 说来有趣 是的 |
[09:03] | I just re-read my old dissertation, | 我在重新看我以前的论文 |
[09:06] | and you can tell, from even a young age, | 可以看出 我年轻的时候 |
[09:08] | I was something special. | 就相当了不得 |
[09:13] | This is what you’re wearing? Jeans? | 你就穿这个吗 牛仔裤 |
[09:15] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:16] | And if you say anything more about it, | 你再多话 |
[09:18] | I’m losing the bra, and then all hell breaks loose. | 我就解开文胸 一切都会失控 |
[09:19] | We had an agreement. | 我们说好了的 |
[09:21] | Greg, can I speak to you one second in private? | 格雷格 我们私下聊聊好吗 |
[09:25] | Okay, the appetizers are done. | 开胃菜好了 |
[09:28] | If I turn the oven to 600, will the turkey cook faster? | 如果我把烤箱调到600 火鸡能快点好吗 |
[09:30] | It doesn’t work that way. Grease would catch fire. | 不是这样的 油会烧起来 |
[09:32] | The whole house would burn down. | 整栋房子会烧掉 |
[09:33] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[09:35] | Anna-Kat, give us a moment. | 安娜凯特 让我们静静 |
[09:37] | Your, uh…sister’s worried about a boy. | 你姐姐在为男孩烦心 |
[09:40] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[09:41] | Well, I spent my life learning how to read people. | 我这辈子都在学习如何看人 |
[09:43] | It’s how I became successful in business | 这样我才会在商业上成功 |
[09:45] | and how I knew where the warden hid the flag | 也是这样我才知道在精神日囚犯对守卫时 |
[09:48] | when it was prisoners versus guards | 监狱长把旗子 |
[09:49] | on Spirit Day. | 藏在哪里 |
[09:51] | That sounds great. | 听起来真不错 |
[09:52] | If I ever go to federal prison, I’m using you as a reference. | 如果我以后进联邦监狱 我一定提到你 |
[09:55] | I also see tension between your grandparents. | 我还看出来你爷爷奶奶之间关系紧张 |
[09:57] | Notice they’re only holding hands | 注意到他们牵手时 |
[09:59] | by the fingertips. | 只碰指尖 |
[10:01] | You’re wrong about that one. | 这你就错了 |
[10:03] | My grandparents have always been the perfect couple. | 我的爷爷奶奶一直是模范夫妻 |
[10:06] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[10:07] | People often put on an act | 人们想掩饰真实目的时 |
[10:09] | when they’re hiding their true intentions. | 一定会做戏 |
[10:14] | I hear you have good wine. | 我听说你这里有好红酒 |
[10:16] | Oh, the best! | 最好的 |
[10:18] | It’s from Thomas Jefferson’s personal collection. | 来自托马斯·杰斐逊的私人珍藏 |
[10:20] | One of only three bottles left. | 世上只剩三瓶 |
[10:23] | With age comes perfection. | 年代越久远越是完美 |
[10:27] | And wisdom. | 越有智慧 |
[10:28] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[10:30] | She is so into me! | 她好喜欢我 |
[10:33] | Whether it’s arrogance or senility, | 不管是自大还是高龄 |
[10:35] | you wear it well, my friend. | 都非常适合你 我的朋友 |
[10:40] | I don’t like how he treats you. | 我不喜欢他这样对你 |
[10:42] | Just admit that he is a cold, withholding jerk, | 你就承认他是个冷血无情的混蛋 |
[10:45] | and I’ll get back on board. | 我就继续配合你 |
[10:46] | – My father is a great man. – If he is so great, | -我父亲是个伟大的人 -如果他这么伟大 |
[10:48] | then why hasn’t he said anything about your book? | 他为什么还没提到你的书 |
[10:51] | I’m sure there’s a simple explanation. | 我相信解释起来很容易 |
[10:53] | He doesn’t have e-mail, so I sent him a copy. | 他没有电邮 所以我寄的是打印件 |
[10:55] | The package was too big for the slot, | 包裹太大塞不进邮箱 |
[10:57] | so they hid it behind the ficus. | 所以快递员藏在了盆栽后面 |
[10:58] | That’s not a great hiding place. | 藏在那里可不好 |
[10:59] | Someone could have taken it — an animal, perhaps. | 可能被人拿走 有可能是动物 |
[11:01] | Did you know that squirrels | 你知道松鼠 |
[11:02] | can carry up to ten times their own body weight? | 可以搬动十倍于体重的东西吗 |
[11:04] | No, I didn’t know that. | 我不知道 |
[11:06] | But what I do know is I’m gonna go out there | 但我知道我要马上出去 |
[11:08] | and get plastered with my tramp mom, | 和我的荡妇妈妈大醉一场 |
[11:09] | provided she is not abducted by squirrels. | 假如她没被松鼠拐走的话 |
[11:13] | And then Jimmy Caan said, | 然后詹米·凯恩说 |
[11:15] | “That was one hell of a lay over!” | 好厉害的转机 |
[11:18] | Tell the part where your leg slipped in the toilet, | 跟他们讲讲那次你的腿滑进了马桶 |
[11:20] | and you had to do dinner service with a blue foot. | 你上晚餐时脚是蓝色的 |
[11:22] | No, that’s okay. Let’s go talk to Oliver. | 不 没事 我们去找奥利弗谈谈 |
[11:24] | He’s involved in ballet. | 他在跳芭蕾 |
[11:25] | Yes. Let’s. | 好 我们去 |
[11:30] | It’s so fun shocking them. | 让他们吃惊真好玩 |
[11:32] | You know, I haven’t even broken the seal yet | 我甚至还没开始讲 |
[11:34] | about the bi-curious stories yet. | 双性取向的故事 |
[11:36] | Look at us. | 瞧咱们 |
[11:38] | We’re finally getting along! | 终于合得来了 |
[11:40] | Yeah, well… our tightest bond | 是啊 我们最紧密的联系 |
[11:41] | has always been in the criticism of others. | 一直是对他人毒舌 |
[11:43] | Oh, they are, without a doubt — | 他们真是毫无疑问是… |
[11:46] | Anna-Kat, Mama is gonna say words she uses | 安娜凯特 妈妈要说一些话 |
[11:49] | when she’s behind | 是在超市时 |
[11:50] | someone writing a check at the grocery store. | 前面交钱的人写支票时我说的 |
[11:51] | Could you film your grandparents instead? | 你去拍你的爷爷奶奶好吗 |
[11:56] | And Harvard’s always looking for male ballerinos. | 哈佛总是会招男性芭蕾舞演员 |
[11:58] | That’s my ticket in. | 所以我能进去 |
[11:59] | What complex machinations. | 好复杂的阴谋诡计 |
[12:02] | Oh, wait, wait. Something’s brewing. | 慢着 有灵感 |
[12:05] | “Complexinations!” Well, hello, new word. | 杂计 你好 新词汇 |
[12:08] | Welcome to the world. | 欢迎来到这个世界 |
[12:11] | There’s actually quite a few cultural things happening | 其实家里有不少与文化 |
[12:13] | in this house — dancing… | 有关的事 跳舞 |
[12:15] | writing. | 写作 |
[12:17] | Right. | 对 |
[12:21] | Oh, enough already. | 真是够了 |
[12:23] | Thomas, have you read Greg’s damn book? | 托马斯 你看了格雷格的书吗 |
[12:27] | yes. | 看了 |
[12:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:33] | Anything to add? | 有要补充的吗 |
[12:39] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[12:42] | Well, great. | 非常好 |
[12:43] | I was worried you had a squirrel problem. | 我还担心你家闹松鼠 |
[12:49] | And Greg’s father, that pompous jerk, | 格雷格的父亲 那个自大的混蛋 |
[12:51] | just sat there and didn’t say anything. | 坐在那里什么也没说 |
[12:53] | That’s when I snuck out and gave you guys the 911 text. | 那时候我溜出来给你们发紧急短信 |
[12:56] | Oh, well, I’m glad you did. | 我很高兴你发了 |
[12:57] | I’m happy to get away from my family. | 我很开心能逃离家人 |
[12:59] | I told them I was spotting and had to lie down. | 我说我内裤上有血 需要躺着 |
[13:01] | No one questions you after you drop the word “Spotting.” | 听到有血后没人会问问题 |
[13:05] | Here’s a twist. | 还有反转 |
[13:06] | I’m getting along with my mom, but I’m mad at Greg | 我和我妈合得来 生格雷格的气 |
[13:09] | and super-mad at the way his father treats him. | 更气他父亲那样对他 |
[13:11] | So I’m both pissed at and protective of Greg. | 我又气格雷格又想保护他 |
[13:13] | I’m very conflicted. | 我非常矛盾 |
[13:15] | Do you want to come back with me for moral support? | 你们想去精神上支持我吗 |
[13:17] | Can’t. I’m spotting. | 不行 我内裤上有血 |
[13:18] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[13:21] | Back from the soup kitchen. | 我从食物施舍处回来了 |
[13:22] | What soup kitchen? | 哪个食物施舍处 |
[13:24] | The one in here, honey. | 这里的 亲爱的 |
[13:25] | Okay. So just nonsense. Right. | 好吧 瞎编的 |
[13:28] | Okay! Mom is home! | 好的 妈妈回来了 |
[13:29] | I would like to invite everybody to the dinner table. | 我想请大家入席 |
[13:32] | You’re serving starches? They make me bloat. | 菜里有淀粉吗 我会胀气 |
[13:34] | I can take a Zantac, but we’ll have to wait for — | 我可以先吃胃药 但我们必须等… |
[13:36] | Let’s just move to the damn table already! | 大家都给我快入席 |
[13:38] | Come on. | 快点 |
[13:40] | All right. | 好了 |
[13:44] | I’m really starting to like you. | 我开始喜欢你了 |
[13:46] | Thanks, Grandma. | 谢谢你 外婆 |
[13:48] | Taylor, what in the world is going on with you? | 泰勒 你到底怎么了 |
[13:50] | Dad took my phone. | 爸爸拿走了我的手机 |
[13:51] | So…? | 所以呢 |
[13:52] | Eyo texted “Happy Thanksgiving.” | 埃约发短信说感恩节快乐 |
[13:54] | And then he wrote, “I love you.” | 然后他写了 我爱你 |
[13:56] | L-u-v? | 我耐你 |
[13:57] | L-o-v-e. | 我爱你 |
[13:58] | Damn! | 见鬼 |
[14:02] | I think Spencer’s on to me about befriending him for his money. | 我觉得斯宾塞感觉我是为了钱才帮他 |
[14:04] | Can you tell when I’m lying? | 你能看出我说谎吗 |
[14:06] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[14:07] | I really like your sweater. | 我非常喜欢你的毛衣 |
[14:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:10] | Okay, good. You can’t tell. | 很好 你看不出来 |
[14:10] | Very nice. | 非常好 |
[14:12] | Now, go get your sister for dinner. | 去叫你妹妹吃晚餐 |
[14:13] | She’s in her room editing her movie. | 她在房间里剪辑电影 |
[14:15] | Were you going to write back, “I love you too?” | 你打算回他”我也爱你”吗 |
[14:16] | I guess so. | 我想是的 |
[14:17] | Well, do you love him? | 你爱他吗 |
[14:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:19] | Then why would you tell him you do? | 那你为什么告诉他你爱他 |
[14:21] | It’s just texting. | 这只是短信 |
[14:22] | No one expects you to be fully honest. | 没人指望你全说实话 |
[14:24] | Oh, I think I’m gonna like texting! | 我想我会喜欢短信 |
[14:27] | Taylor, back when I was a stewardess, | 泰勒 我做空姐时 |
[14:29] | guys used to throw the word “Love” At me | 男人们对我说爱的频率 |
[14:31] | as freely as they would throw Quaaludes. | 就像吃安眠药一样 |
[14:33] | But you have to make sure the love is real. | 但你得确定爱是真的 |
[14:36] | Or else you can wake up in a motel room in Akron | 否则你会在亚克朗市的汽车旅馆醒来 |
[14:39] | without a ride to the airport. | 没有车坐去机场 |
[14:41] | I probably still have ‘ludes | 我家的沙发垫子里 |
[14:42] | caught between my couch cushions. | 可能还有掉进去的安眠药 |
[14:44] | You’re starting to grow on me. | 我开始喜欢你了 |
[14:47] | Don’t worry about your phone. | 别为手机烦心了 |
[14:48] | Go over to Eyo’s now and talk to him. | 现在去找埃约谈 |
[14:50] | You need to do this face-to-face, | 你需要亲自跟他说 |
[14:52] | see if it’s real. | 看是不是真的 |
[14:53] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢谢你 妈 |
[14:57] | I finished my film. We have to watch it now. | 我制作完了电影 必须现在看 |
[14:59] | Why can’t we watch it after dinner? | 不能晚餐后看吗 |
[15:01] | Because after dinner, | 晚餐后 |
[15:02] | you start flashing the lights on and off, | 你会把灯一开一关 |
[15:04] | singing the song “Closing Time.” | 开始唱”打烊了” |
[15:09] | I can’t believe it still works. We haven’t used it in so long. | 真不敢相信电视还是好的 好久没用了 |
[15:14] | And, yes, there will be a brief Q&A after the screening. | 没错 试映后会有简短的问答会 |
[15:21] | Thanksgiving means doing a lot of extra work | 感恩节意味着做很多额外的工作 |
[15:24] | for a woman who refuses to eat my food | 为一个拒绝吃我做的菜的女人 |
[15:26] | and a man who insults my husband. | 以及羞辱我老公的男人的干活 |
[15:30] | Okay, very funny. | 好了 非常搞笑 |
[15:31] | Anna-Kat, make sure you erase that. | 安娜凯特 记得删掉 |
[15:34] | Truth is, I’ve had all the money in the world, | 事实上 我有数不尽的钱 |
[15:36] | but Thanksgiving’s always been | 但感恩节对我来说 |
[15:38] | a bit of a lonely holiday for me, | 一直是孤单的节日 |
[15:41] | because I’ve — | 因为我 |
[15:43] | Well, I never made time for family. | 我从来没为家人腾出时间 |
[15:45] | But I’m thankful to my new friend | 但我感恩我的新朋友 |
[15:47] | who has… | 他已经 |
[15:50] | become my family. | 成为了我的家人 |
[16:01] | Looks like your plan is working. | 看来你的计划奏效了 |
[16:03] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:11] | Thanksgiving! | 感恩节 |
[16:15] | – How’s tenure coming? – Oh, I think I’m on-track | -终身教职怎么样了 -我想 |
[16:18] | to make it in the next couple of years. | 接下来几年就能行了 |
[16:19] | Oh, I made tenure at 28. Hon, was it 28 or 29? | 我在28岁时就有终身教职了 是28还是29 |
[16:22] | I jest. We both know it was 28. | 我开玩笑的 我们都知道是28岁 |
[16:27] | Honey! Walk me to the powder room. | 亲爱的 陪我去洗手间 |
[16:43] | Why are you always such an ass to Greg? | 你为什么总是对格雷格这样坏 |
[16:47] | I’m just giving him something to live up to. | 我只是给他可奋斗的目标 |
[16:49] | Oh! Like you’re so great. | 好像你很伟大一样 |
[16:52] | We have to turn this off. Now. Here. | 必须关掉这个 来 |
[16:54] | Off! | 关 |
[16:55] | Um, Grandpa, | 爷爷 |
[16:57] | that’s a toy cellphone filled with jellybeans. | 那是装满糖豆的玩具手机 |
[17:00] | Say what you will about Greg. | 随你怎么说格雷格 |
[17:02] | He hasn’t been hiding a second family | 过去20年 他可没有隐瞒 |
[17:06] | in England for the last 20 years. | 在英国的另一个家 |
[17:11] | He doesn’t even go to England. | 他根本没去过英国 |
[17:13] | That’s not a fair comparison. | 这样比太不公平 |
[17:24] | ♪ Closing time ♪ | 打烊了 |
[17:27] | Wait, you have a second family? | 慢着 你还有一个家 |
[17:30] | How long have you known about this? | 你知道这事多久了 |
[17:32] | Three months ago, his son called. | 三个月前 他儿子打来电话 |
[17:34] | Your genius father | 你的天才父亲 |
[17:36] | left his secret cellphone in his nightstand. | 把他的秘密手机放在了床头柜上 |
[17:38] | You have a son? | 你有个儿子 |
[17:40] | I have a brother? | 我有个弟弟 |
[17:41] | Greg. | 格雷格 |
[17:42] | I’m not talking to you. | 我没和你说话 |
[17:43] | No, my other son is also named Greg. | 不 我另一个儿子也叫格雷格 |
[17:46] | Greg?! | 格雷格 |
[17:47] | Why would you name him Greg?! | 你为什么给他取名格雷格 |
[17:49] | You already have a son named Greg! | 你已经有个儿子叫格雷格 |
[17:51] | So I wouldn’t make a mistake and call you by the wrong name! | 这样我不会出错 叫错你的名字 |
[17:56] | Makes perfect sense! | 非常有道理 |
[17:57] | Shut up, just… | 闭嘴 你给我 |
[18:00] | shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[18:02] | You know, every time you visit, | 每次你来访 |
[18:04] | I put Katie and the kids through hell just to impress you. | 我让凯蒂和孩子们受尽折磨来迎合你 |
[18:06] | We put on this charade. | 我们弄虚作假 |
[18:08] | The funny thing is, you’re the one | 可笑的是 你才是 |
[18:09] | who’s been putting on the charade. | 弄虚作假的人 |
[18:11] | But now I see the real you. | 但现在我看清真正的你了 |
[18:13] | Well, Dad… | 爸 |
[18:15] | this is the real me. | 这是真实的我 |
[18:16] | We watch TV. | 我们看电视 |
[18:18] | Like, a lot of TV! | 经常看 |
[18:20] | We watch all of “The Bachelors” — | 我们看了所有的《单身汉》 |
[18:21] | “Bachelorette,” “Bachelor Pad,” And even “Bachelor in Paradise.” | 《单身女郎》《单身汉公寓》甚至《天堂的单身汉》 |
[18:24] | My kids love their cellphones. | 我的孩子们爱他们的手机 |
[18:27] | Taylor already has arthritis in her right thumb. | 泰勒的右拇指已经得了关节炎 |
[18:29] | Oh, and you’re going to be so disappointed in this! | 这个准让你失望死 |
[18:38] | Do you know how to make a whiskey sour? | 你会做威士忌酸酒吗 |
[18:43] | Eyo and I broke up. | 埃约和我分手了 |
[18:45] | What? | 什么 |
[18:49] | This is our family pet — | 这是我们的家庭宠物 |
[18:51] | a filthy, garbage-eating pig. | 一只肮脏吃垃圾的猪 |
[18:53] | My whole life, I’ve looked up to you. | 我这辈子一直崇拜你 |
[18:56] | In my eyes, you couldn’t do anything wrong. | 在我眼中 你不可能做错任何事 |
[18:59] | In your eyes, I couldn’t do anything right. | 在你眼中 我不可能做对任何事 |
[19:02] | Well, it turns out, I did everything right! | 结果 我做对了所有事 |
[19:05] | I’ve got sometimes-great kids | 我有有时候听话的孩子 |
[19:07] | and an intermittently-great wife! | 还有间歇性伟大的老婆 |
[19:10] | I had planned on telling you about Greg, Greg. | 我打算告诉你格雷格的事 格雷格 |
[19:13] | I’m not done. | 我还没说完 |
[19:14] | I could give a rat’s ass if you like my book or not. | 我根本不在乎你是否喜欢我的书 |
[19:17] | I like it! | 我喜欢 |
[19:18] | And it’s damn good! | 那是非常棒的书 |
[19:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:20] | Okay, you’ve had your little say. | 你说完了 |
[19:22] | All right. We are getting out of here. | 我们走了 |
[19:24] | Nobody speaks to me like this. | 没人能像这样跟我说话 |
[19:26] | Hey, Thomas. | 托马斯 |
[19:28] | Here’s a new word for you — | 送个新词给你 |
[19:30] | “Ska-douche!” | 滚渣 |
[19:32] | That’s the sound the door makes | 这是把人渣赶出家时 |
[19:33] | when you kick a douche out of the house! | 关门发出的声音 |
[19:38] | You will always be my favorite, Greg! | 你永远是我的最爱 格雷格 |
[19:40] | Because the other one isn’t my son, | 因为另一个格雷格不是我的儿子 |
[19:42] | and he has a whore for a mother. | 他有个荡妇妈 |
[19:49] | I feel… like I missed something. | 我觉得我错过了什么 |
[19:53] | Little bit. | 一点 |
[20:00] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[20:01] | I’m not gonna lie. I’m pretty confused right now. | 我不会骗你 我现在很困惑 |
[20:03] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[20:06] | The bright side to this toilet fire is | 这场闹剧好的一面就是 |
[20:08] | you’re not an only child anymore. | 你不再是独生子了 |
[20:10] | Yeah, that’s true! | 没错 |
[20:13] | How does that make you feel? | 你有什么感受 |
[20:16] | Anna-Kat, you’re not handing that in. | 安娜凯特 这次作业不能交 |
[20:18] | We’re just gonna take an “F” On this one. | 等着不及格吧 |
[20:23] | Olly, boy, I want to give you something. | 小奥 我给你点东西 |
[20:25] | No! I don’t want anything from you. | 不 我不要你的任何东西 |
[20:27] | Having you here is all I need. | 你在这里就足够了 |
[20:29] | I wasn’t giving you a $50,000 watch, you dummy. | 我没打算把五万块的表给你 笨蛋 |
[20:33] | I just want you to take it and have it cleaned. | 我只是让你拿去清洗 |
[20:38] | Appreciate the gesture. | 欣赏你的态度 |
[20:40] | I had my doubts about you, kid, | 我怀疑过你 孩子 |
[20:42] | but it turned out I was reading you all wrong. | 结果我完全看错了你 |
[20:52] | Sweetheart, let’s head on out. | 亲爱的 我们走 |
[20:55] | Yeah, let’s go and dig through those couch cushions. | 咱们去翻沙发垫 |
[20:57] | Yeah. | 好的 |