时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You did it, Katie. | 你做到了 凯蒂 |
[00:03] | You made it through the summer. | 你熬过了暑假 |
[00:04] | Mom? | 妈 |
[00:05] | These kids have been up in your face | 这些孩子已经在你面前连着 |
[00:07] | for 68 days in a row. | 蹦跶了68天 |
[00:09] | And now you get to place them in the custody | 现在你可以让他们处于 |
[00:11] | of the Westport public school system. | 西港公立学校的监护下 |
[00:13] | Mom! | 妈 |
[00:14] | Mom! Where are you? | 妈 你在哪里 |
[00:15] | It’s like you’re a warden, | 好像你是监狱长 |
[00:16] | and you’re transferring these delinquents to another prison. | 现在把这些流氓转到另一个监狱 |
[00:18] | All you have to do is get them there. | 你只需要把他们送去就行 |
[00:19] | Let’s do this. | 来吧 |
[00:22] | Mom, a word. | 妈 说两句 |
[00:24] | No words. We’ve gotta get to school. | 不行 得上学 |
[00:25] | – Mom — – No. | -妈 -不行 |
[00:26] | But I didn’t even ask anything yet. | 但我还没开口问 |
[00:27] | It’s either too expensive or I don’t have time. | 要么太贵 要么我没时间 |
[00:30] | – Mom? – You cannot have a dog. | -妈 -你不能养狗 |
[00:32] | You didn’t swear this time! You’re softening. | 你这次没骂脏话 看来态度软化了 |
[00:34] | Greg! | 格雷格 |
[00:35] | Can you help me find my car keys? | 能帮我找车钥匙吗 |
[00:37] | How do you manage to constantly misplace — | 你怎么会经常乱放东西 |
[00:39] | There’s probably a better time for that talk. | 可能现在谈这个时机不对 |
[00:41] | I’ll help you look. | 我帮你找 |
[00:42] | Mom, I got another run in my tights. | 妈 我的紧身裤又抽丝了 |
[00:45] | I’m in a real ballet academy now. | 我现在在真正的芭蕾学校 |
[00:47] | For God’s sake, buy a boy a decent pair of Danskins! | 老天 给我买条名牌裤子吧 |
[00:49] | Mom, my driver’s license test is in two weeks, | 妈 两周后我就要考驾照了 |
[00:52] | and I need someone to take me out to practice. | 我需要有人带我练习 |
[00:53] | Can’t drive without car keys. | 没有车钥匙开不了车 |
[00:55] | Everyone fan out. | 大家散开 |
[00:56] | Mom, I need to look professional. | 妈 我需要看上去很专业 |
[00:59] | My plan of getting into Harvard through ballet could be lost, | 我通过芭蕾进哈佛的计划可能落空 |
[01:01] | all for the want of a proper leotard. | 只因为没有合适的紧身连衣裤 |
[01:03] | Well, my plan for smoking cigarettes | 我抽烟和每晚 |
[01:04] | and eating takeout every night was ruined by you, | 吃外卖的计划也因为你落空了 |
[01:06] | so we’re even. | 我们扯平了 |
[01:07] | I need you to take this seriously. | 我需要你认真对待这个问题 |
[01:10] | My teacher has already taken an instant | 我的老师已经第一眼 |
[01:11] | and strong dislike to me. | 就非常讨厌我了 |
[01:13] | What happened to my little boy | 我那个有着 |
[01:14] | with the beautiful little girl’s voice? | 动人小女孩声音的儿子到哪里去了 |
[01:17] | – Mom. – Mom! | -妈 -妈 |
[01:18] | What?! | 什么事 |
[01:19] | Look at this picture of a corgi dressed as a banana! | 看这张柯基犬打扮成香蕉的照片 |
[01:24] | Don’t play me. You know it’s cute. | 别骗我 你知道很可爱 |
[01:26] | Have you picked your after-school activity yet? | 你选了课外活动吗 |
[01:28] | I told you, I’m not doing one. | 我跟你说过 我一个也不参加 |
[01:30] | Greg! | 格雷格 |
[01:34] | Anna-Kat, it’s fun to be involved. | 安娜凯特 参与其中很有趣 |
[01:36] | Now that school’s started, I can’t wait to be part | 现在新学年开始 我等不及 |
[01:38] | of the recycling committee again and hang with my crew. | 再次成为回收委员会的一员 和会员们一起 |
[01:40] | You mean the janitors? | 你是指清洁工吗 |
[01:41] | And Bill Doty. | 还有比尔·多提 |
[01:42] | You guys, worst fan-out of all time. | 你们哪里有散开 |
[01:43] | Look for my keys in a place that I’m not already looking. | 去我没找过的地方找 |
[01:48] | Taylor, do you got your summer packet? | 泰勒 你的暑假活动表拿了吗 |
[01:50] | Yeah, I have it. I just didn’t do it. | 拿了 没做 |
[01:52] | You realize you’re talking to the mean parent, right? | 你知道你在跟虎妈说话吧 |
[01:54] | Just hear me out. | 听我说 |
[01:55] | I’ve decided… I’m not going to college. | 我已经决定了 我不上大学 |
[02:00] | Greg! | 格雷格 |
[02:04] | Taylor, you are going to college — | 泰勒 你要上大学 |
[02:05] | probably not a good college, but college. | 可能上不了好大学 但要上大学 |
[02:07] | I just don’t think it’s right for me. | 我觉得这不适合我 |
[02:09] | I mean, it’s a waste of my time and your money. | 浪费我的时间和你的钱 |
[02:10] | Well, that’s not your call to make. | 这由不得你决定 |
[02:12] | So, until you finish your summer packet, | 在你完成暑期活动前 |
[02:13] | you’re not gonna start driving. | 你不能开车 |
[02:14] | Hold up! Greg. | 等等 格雷格 |
[02:18] | Stop fooling around. | 别瞎说 |
[02:19] | Of course you’re gonna start driving. | 你当然可以开车 |
[02:21] | And your father’s going to teach you. | 你爸会教你 |
[02:23] | Can you go put on a shirt | 你能穿一件 |
[02:24] | that doesn’t look like it’s Hooter-issued? | 不像餐厅暴露制服的衣服吗 |
[02:27] | And look for my keys. | 找我的钥匙 |
[02:30] | Whatever happened to “Never overruling | 不是说好 永远不要在 |
[02:31] | one another in front of the kids”? | 孩子面前否决另一个人的意见 |
[02:32] | You are ruining my master plan. | 你想毁了我的精密计划 |
[02:34] | Master plans are for villains | 你拉着我去看的 |
[02:35] | in the superhero movies you drag me to, | 超级英雄电影中的坏人才需要精密计划 |
[02:37] | claiming the art-house films I want to see | 声称我想看的艺术电影 |
[02:39] | are somehow always playing at “Bad times.” | 不知怎地播放时间都不合适 |
[02:41] | You do not understand my carpool schedule this year. | 你不明白我今年的拼车计划 |
[02:43] | At 2:45, I pick up Oliver and Anna-Kat from school. | 2点45 我在学校接奥利弗和安娜凯特 |
[02:46] | Then I drive Oliver all the way to Norwalk for ballet lessons | 然后我送奥利弗去诺瓦克上芭蕾课 |
[02:49] | and wait in the car with Anna-Kat | 和安娜凯特在车里等40分钟 |
[02:50] | for 40 minutes, playing “I Spy.” | 玩”我看到”的游戏 |
[02:51] | Then I pick up Oliver again and go all the way back | 然后接上奥利弗又回去 |
[02:54] | to pick Taylor up from volleyball | 接打完排球的泰勒 |
[02:55] | and then drive everyone home. | 然后送所有人回家 |
[02:57] | So, I have a three-pronged plan. | 所以 我有个三步计划 |
[02:59] | Prong one — Get Anna-Kat into a club | 第一步 让安娜凯特加入社团 |
[03:01] | so Taylor and her can be on the same schedule. | 这样她的时间和泰勒一样 |
[03:03] | Prong two — Oliver’s ballet teacher | 第二步 奥利弗的芭蕾老师 |
[03:05] | breaks his spirits — fingers crossed — | 彻底摧毁他的意志 祈祷 |
[03:07] | he quits, joins baseball, and the three of them | 他退出 加入棒球队 然后他们三个 |
[03:09] | are on the same schedule at the same time. | 时间安排表完全一样 |
[03:11] | – And prong three? – Here’s prong three. | -第三步呢 -第三步 |
[03:12] | – Ready for prong three? – You know it. | -准备好了吗 -当然 |
[03:13] | When Taylor gets her license, | 泰勒拿到驾照后 |
[03:15] | she can drive them to school and back. | 她能送弟妹上学放学 |
[03:17] | And then I’m free! | 然后我就自由了 |
[03:19] | Do you hear me, Greg? | 你听到了吗 格雷格 |
[03:21] | – Free! Chest hairs, – Katie. | -自由 -注意胸毛 凯蒂 |
[03:22] | And then I can take a step back from mothering, | 然后我就能从当妈的日子中松口气 |
[03:24] | finally enjoy my life and pursue some hobbies, | 终于能享受生活 追求些爱好 |
[03:27] | like sitting in the bathtub with a glass of wine. | 比如说坐在浴缸里喝红酒 |
[03:30] | – Is that — – It’s a hobby! | -这 -这是爱好 |
[03:31] | Look it up. | 不懂就去查 |
[03:32] | I found your keys! | 我找到你的钥匙了 |
[03:36] | Where were they? | 在哪里 |
[03:37] | Right there. | 这里 |
[03:38] | Who hung my keys on the hook? | 谁把我的钥匙挂上去的 |
[03:40] | How am I supposed to find anything around this house | 如果人们把东西放在正确的位置 |
[03:42] | if people put things back where they belong? | 我还怎么在家里找到东西 |
[03:52] | Anna-Kat, I need you to pick a club from this list. | 安娜凯特 在单子上挑个社团 |
[03:56] | It’s important to be involved in school. | 在学校多参与很重要 |
[03:57] | If it’s so important, how come you’re not involved? | 如果这么重要 你为什么不参与 |
[04:00] | She makes an interesting point. | 她说得太有道理了 |
[04:02] | Is this payback for overruling you? | 这是报复我否决了你吗 |
[04:04] | – Yes. – Okay. | -是的 -好吧 |
[04:05] | Tell you what, I’ll get involved if you do. | 这样吧 你参与我就参与 |
[04:07] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[04:09] | You’re going to volunteer at school like | 你会在学校做义工 就像那些 |
[04:10] | “All those no-life, busy-body, idiot moms”? | 没有生活 爱管闲事的白痴妈妈一样吗 |
[04:13] | Yep. | 对 |
[04:14] | Right after I start watching how I speak in front of you. | 不过我先得注意以后在你身边的言辞 |
[04:24] | I am here to volunteer. | 我来做义工 |
[04:31] | Maybe it’s best I start small. | 先从小事开始最好 |
[04:33] | Ziploc Committee? | 密封袋委员会 |
[04:34] | Bring Ziplocs… | 带密封袋 |
[04:35] | Maybe the cute little snack-sized ones. | 可爱的零食装大小 |
[04:39] | To hold snacks. | 装零食用的 |
[04:42] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里做什么 |
[04:43] | Last year, you pretended to be pregnant | 上个学年你假装怀孕 |
[04:44] | to get out of volunteering. | 逃避做义工 |
[04:46] | You are still hung up on my fake pregnancy? | 你还没放下我假怀孕这事 |
[04:48] | You let me throw you a baby shower. | 你让我为你办宝宝送礼会 |
[04:50] | And took the gifts. That’s a lie. Sage, you’re a liar. | -拿走了礼物 -骗人 塞吉 你说谎 |
[04:52] | You’re using the diaper bag I gave you as a purse. | 你把我送的尿布包当作手袋用 |
[04:59] | Katie, just go away. | 凯蒂 你走吧 |
[05:01] | Your volunteer hours are no good here. | 这里不需要你做义工 |
[05:03] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[05:04] | You guys forgave Stacy Clouser, | 你们原谅了史黛西·克劳泽 |
[05:05] | and I heard at the Spring Gala | 我听说在春季晚会上 |
[05:07] | that she attacked you all with a crab claw | 她用蟹爪攻击你们 |
[05:09] | and said she hoped all your real noses grow back. | 而且说希望你们天生的鼻子都长回来 |
[05:11] | Well, that was different. | 那个不同 |
[05:12] | She was having a nervous breakdown | 她因为做晚会主席 |
[05:14] | from being the Gala Chairperson. | 而精神崩溃 |
[05:15] | She had to move back in with her parents. | 她必须搬回去和父母一起住 |
[05:18] | She has to wear tube socks taped to her hands. | 她必须把袜子套在手上 |
[05:20] | Oh, and you can tell Greg | 你可以告诉格雷格 |
[05:22] | he’s no longer on the recycling committee. | 他不再是回收委员会的一员 |
[05:24] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:25] | What did he do wrong? | 他做错了什么 |
[05:26] | Married you. | 娶了你 |
[05:29] | Sage, I have seen how hot your babysitter is. | 塞吉 我看到你家保姆有多漂亮 |
[05:33] | It’s only a matter of time. | 出事只是迟早的事 |
[05:38] | You got me kicked off the recycling committee?! | 你害我被赶出了回收委员会 |
[05:40] | Recycling isn’t even real, Greg! | 根本没回收这回事 格雷格 |
[05:42] | They make you separate all your stuff | 他们让你们把垃圾分类 |
[05:43] | and then dump it all together in the same landfill. | 然后又一起倒在同一个垃圾堆 |
[05:45] | Don’t say that! | 别这样说 |
[05:46] | You promised you’d never say that again! | 你保证过你不再说的 |
[05:49] | I just got an e-mail with the roster for the next recital. | 我刚收到下次演出的名单 |
[05:51] | My teacher’s not dancing me. | 我的老师不让我上场 |
[05:53] | I’m not getting danced! | 我不能上场 |
[05:55] | How am I supposed to get into Harvard if I’m riding the pine? | 我坐着冷板凳怎么进哈佛 |
[05:57] | Maybe she knows that you don’t love ballet | 也许她知道你不喜欢芭蕾 |
[05:59] | and you’re there for the wrong reasons. | 你是抱着其他目的去的 |
[06:01] | You know what I love? Recycling! | 知道我喜欢什么吗 回收 |
[06:04] | How’d you miss that? | 这怎么可能投不进 |
[06:06] | How many times do I have to tell everyone in this house? | 我得跟你们说多少次 |
[06:08] | I have an overly-round eye. | 我这只眼过圆 |
[06:09] | Hey, you’re not the only one going through something. | 不是只有你有不爽 |
[06:11] | They banned me from volunteering at school. | 她们禁止我去学校做义工 |
[06:13] | They did? Great. | 是吗 太好了 |
[06:14] | That means I don’t have to join a club! | 就是说我不用参加社团 |
[06:16] | My master plan just went to hell. | 我的精密计划见鬼了 |
[06:18] | I’m gonna be spending most of my life in my car. | 我大部分的时间都将在车上度过 |
[06:21] | “Katie, let’s get married and start a family.” | 凯蒂 我们结婚组织家庭吧 |
[06:24] | “You know what, Greg, I’m flattered, but no.” | 格雷格 我很荣幸 但是不 |
[06:25] | Coulda said that. | 应该这样回答 |
[06:29] | I was sure Stacy Clouser going bonkers would’ve | 我本来确信史黛西·克劳泽发疯 |
[06:31] | knocked my fake pregnancy off the front page. | 会让大家忘记我假怀孕的事 |
[06:33] | I was at the Gala, saw the whole thing. | 我当时在晚会上 全部看到了 |
[06:36] | It was awesome. | 太酷了 |
[06:37] | She was yelling at the seafood tower, | 她对着海鲜桌大吼 |
[06:39] | then pausing, like it was yelling back. | 然后停顿 好像那些海鲜骂回她一样 |
[06:43] | Prong one of my plan is falling apart. | 我计划的第一步已经完了 |
[06:46] | I got to get Anna-Kat into a club, | 我得让安娜凯特加入社团 |
[06:47] | and to do that, | 要实现目的 |
[06:48] | those moms need to let me volunteer. | 那些妈妈得让我做义工 |
[06:50] | Doris, you used to work in crisis management, right? | 多瑞丝 你以前是做危机管理的对吗 |
[06:52] | I did. I called myself “The Fixer.” | 是的 我叫自己”问题解决者” |
[06:55] | Couldn’t get anyone else to do it. | 没办法让别人也这样叫我 |
[06:56] | It was the one thing The Fixer couldn’t fix. | 这是”问题解决者”唯一不能解决的问题 |
[06:58] | So fix me. What can I do? | 解决我的问题 我能做什么 |
[07:00] | Okay, uh… first step — | 好的 第一步 |
[07:02] | gain sympathy. | 获得同情 |
[07:03] | You check into rehab. | 你去戒瘾中心 |
[07:04] | No. | 不 |
[07:06] | Okay… Say your stepfather hit you. | 好的 说你继父打你 |
[07:08] | Or stepmother. | 或者继母 |
[07:08] | A woman can be just as abusive as a man. | 女人可以和男人一样虐待成性 |
[07:11] | Weird moment for feminism, Angela. | 这种时候讲女权太奇怪 安吉拉 |
[07:13] | Okay. Well, then, all that’s left is the Internet. | 那只剩下网络了 |
[07:15] | Make a public apology video like the celebrities do. | 像名人那样发一段公开道歉视频 |
[07:18] | Be all sad and remorseful. | 表现出伤心 悔恨 |
[07:20] | Well, it’s either humiliating myself | 要么是自己出丑 |
[07:22] | or driving around with Anna-Kat all afternoon. | 要么是整个下午在车上和安娜凯特一起 |
[07:24] | I spy with my little eye — | 我的眼睛看到 |
[07:27] | The stain on the back of the seat. | 座位后面的污迹 |
[07:28] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[07:31] | It’s always the stain on the back of the seat. | 永远是座位后面的污迹 |
[07:35] | Let’s make that video. | 我们拍视频 |
[07:36] | – Hi, guys — – Too peppy. | -大家好 -太活泼 |
[07:38] | You’re gonna have to look more remorseful. | 你得看上去更悔恨 |
[07:40] | Can you cry? | 你能哭吗 |
[07:42] | No. | 不 |
[07:43] | Angela, make some tears. | 安吉拉 泪水伺候 |
[07:45] | Oka– All right. Okay. | 好了 好了 |
[07:46] | Okay. Let’s just… | 好了 就这样 |
[07:48] | Okay. And…action. | 好的 开拍 |
[07:52] | Ladies of the volunteer committee. | 义工委员会的女士们 |
[07:54] | I am taking this opportunity to say… | 我借此机会想说 |
[07:59] | Cut! | 停 |
[08:00] | What’s the problem? | 有什么问题 |
[08:01] | I am not comparing myself to Hitler. | 我不会把自己和希特勒作比较 |
[08:03] | I wrote “Hitler of Westport.” | 我写的是西港的希特勒 |
[08:05] | That’s different from Hitler Hitler. | 这和真正的希特勒是有区别的 |
[08:07] | – Recreational paint huffer? – Yes. | -休闲时吸油漆 -对 |
[08:09] | You know what? I’m not saying any of this stuff. | 知道吗 我不会说这些 |
[08:11] | I’m just going to be straightforward. | 我就直截了当地说 |
[08:13] | Press the button. | 按录制键 |
[08:16] | Hey, guys. | 各位好 |
[08:17] | I messed up. | 我做错了 |
[08:19] | I hope that you can forgive me. | 希望你们可以原谅我 |
[08:20] | Especially you, Suzanne. | 尤其是你 苏珊 |
[08:22] | Not so much you, Tara. | 你不原谅无所谓 泰拉 |
[08:24] | Anyway, I’m super-sorry that I faked being pregnant | 总之 我非常抱歉我假装怀孕 |
[08:28] | and I exchanged the bassinet you gave me | 我把你送我的摇篮车 |
[08:30] | for a margarita machine. | 换了台玛格丽特酒机 |
[08:32] | Now say you have Lyme Disease. | 现在说你有莱姆病 |
[08:34] | I’m not saying I have Lyme Disease. | 我才不说我有莱姆病 |
[08:37] | No Lyme Disease, no Hitler — Do you hear yourself?! | 没有莱姆病 没有希特勒 你知道自己说什么吗 |
[08:40] | We’ll go the abandoned Circuit City in Norwalk | 我们去诺瓦克废弃的电路城百货 |
[08:41] | so you can practice driving in the parking lot. | 你可以在停车场练习 |
[08:43] | To avoid danger, you always have to be aware | 要避开危险 你一直要注意 |
[08:45] | of what’s ahead of you, both on the road and in life… | 自己的正前方 路上和生活中都一样 |
[08:48] | like a college education, for instance. | 比如说大学教育 |
[08:51] | Dad, it just doesn’t make sense for me. | 爸 对我来说没意义 |
[08:53] | – Or for you. – How so? | -对你也一样 -怎么说 |
[08:55] | You really want to have to pay three college tuitions? | 你真的想付三份大学学费吗 |
[08:57] | Oliver’s getting a dance scholarship. | 奥利弗会有舞蹈奖学金 |
[08:59] | No. He’s using ballet to get into Harvard. | 不 他利用芭蕾进哈佛 |
[09:02] | No one said anything about a scholarship. | 没人说过有奖学金 |
[09:04] | You’re going to be on the hook for like $500,000. | 你得支付大概五十万美元 |
[09:08] | You’re not looking at what’s ahead. | 你没看正前方 |
[09:10] | I guess I wasn’t. | 我想我没有 |
[09:11] | – No. Dad! – Oh, God! | -不 爸 -老天 |
[09:18] | Aww, he held on to his little flag. | 他还紧握着小旗子 |
[09:21] | Anyhow, I’m super-sorry that I faked being pregnant | 总之 我非常抱歉我假装怀孕 |
[09:25] | and that I exchanged that bassinet you gave me | 我把你送我的摇篮车 |
[09:27] | for a margarita machine. | 换了台玛格丽特酒机 |
[09:29] | I have Lyme Disease. | 我有莱姆病 |
[09:33] | This is terrible. | 太可怕了 |
[09:35] | You left me no choice! Look at your face. | 你让我别无选择 看你的脸 |
[09:37] | It didn’t look apologetic at all. | 一点歉意也没有 |
[09:39] | Why didn’t you show it to me before you posted it? | 你为什么不在上传前给我看 |
[09:41] | I thought you’re supposed to be good at what you did! | 我以为你很擅长这个 |
[09:43] | Uh, thinking about it now, | 现在想想 |
[09:45] | I’m not sure if I quit my job to have kids | 我不确定到底是为了生孩子辞职 |
[09:46] | or if I got fired then decided to have kids. | 还是被炒后决定生孩子 |
[09:51] | Just great. | 真好 |
[09:52] | You don’t get back in with the moms, | 你不能和妈妈们和好 |
[09:53] | and I don’t get back on the recycling committee. | 我不能回到回收委员会 |
[09:54] | Who’s going to make sure all the cans and jars are rinsed out? | 谁能确保那些瓶子罐子洗干净了 |
[09:57] | Nobody, because it’s nonsense, Greg. | 没人 全是废话 格雷格 |
[09:59] | It’s right up there with washing fruit before you eat it. | 就跟吃水果前洗干净一样 |
[10:04] | Suzanne. | 苏珊 |
[10:06] | I saw your video on Facebook. | 我看了你在脸书上的视频 |
[10:08] | Can we talk? | 可以谈谈吗 |
[10:10] | This is hard for me, because I’m a nice person. | 对我来说很难过 因为我是个好人 |
[10:15] | Yeah, and I, too, am a Lyme’s survivor. | 我也是战胜了莱姆病 |
[10:19] | The reason you feel like you don’t fit in | 你觉得无法融入我 |
[10:21] | with me and the other moms | 和其他妈妈中的原因 |
[10:23] | has nothing to do with us and everything to do with you. | 与我们无关 责任在你 |
[10:27] | You don’t want to fit in. | 你不想融入 |
[10:28] | I don’t think that’s true. | 我觉得不是这样的 |
[10:30] | You’re constantly mocking us | 你总是嘲笑我们 |
[10:31] | for being healthy and active and involved at school | 健康 积极 参与学校的工作 |
[10:34] | when, Katie, those are all very normal things. | 凯蒂 这些都是正常的事 |
[10:37] | – Suzanne — – No, let me finish. | -苏珊 -不 让我说完 |
[10:39] | You think that you’re the one who’s being judged, | 你觉得大家在评判你 |
[10:41] | but you’re the one, Katie, who’s doing all the judging — | 凯蒂 其实是你在评判大家 |
[10:44] | You. | 你 |
[10:45] | You’re the one who looks down on us. | 是你看不起我们 |
[10:57] | You don’t wash our fruit?! | 你不洗我们的水果 |
[11:01] | Suzanne says that I look down on them. | 苏珊说我看不起她们 |
[11:04] | I’m the snob? | 我是势利小人 |
[11:06] | The nicest thing that I own is a purse | 我最好的东西就是那个手袋 |
[11:08] | that’s actually a diaper bag that I had to steal. | 原来是个尿布包 还是我偷来的 |
[11:10] | How dare she! Can you believe she said that? | 她胆子真大 你能相信她这样说吗 |
[11:12] | Sex on the table tonight? | 今晚做爱吗 |
[11:13] | No. | 不 |
[11:15] | Well, you do kind of judge people | 你的确会因别人 |
[11:16] | for what some might consider admirable behavior, | 一些值得钦佩的行为而评判对方 |
[11:19] | like eating healthy, exercising, recycling. | 比如说吃得健康 锻炼 回收 |
[11:22] | We should go to a recycling plant. | 我们应该去回收星球 |
[11:23] | I hear that they let unicorns lead the tours. | 我听说他们让独角兽带领参观 |
[11:26] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[11:26] | We’re not gonna talk about recycling. | 我们不谈回收 |
[11:28] | It’s too hot a topic. | 容易让人有性致 |
[11:30] | How are you doing with Taylor’s driving? | 泰勒的驾驶练习怎么样 |
[11:32] | Shouldn’t you be more concerned | 难道你不应该更担心 |
[11:34] | about Taylor not wanting to go to college | 泰勒不想上大学 |
[11:35] | than learning how to drive? | 而不是学开车的情况 |
[11:36] | If Taylor doesn’t learn how to drive, | 如果泰勒不学开车 |
[11:37] | then my master plan is going out the window. | 我的精密计划就打水漂了 |
[11:39] | Greg, if I have to keep driving as much as I do, I swear — | 格雷格 如果我必须一直这样开车 我发誓 |
[11:45] | Well, at least your car will be clean. | 至少你的车干净了 |
[11:50] | You know, if you ever want a car of your own, | 如果你想有自己的车 |
[11:52] | you’re going to have to find a good job. | 就得有一份好工作 |
[11:53] | And the only way to do that is college. | 只有上大学才能找到好工作 |
[11:56] | I saw on YouTube that in the future, | 我在网上看到在未来 |
[11:58] | all jobs are going to be done by robots. | 所有的工作都由机器人来做 |
[12:00] | So why bother going into debt for a worthless degree? | 为什么要欠债拿一个没价值的文凭呢 |
[12:02] | Maybe a robot can do some jobs, but not all jobs. | 也许机器人可以做一些工作 但不是全部 |
[12:04] | – Not my job. – Yes, your job. | -我的工作就不行 -你的也行 |
[12:06] | Your job already. | 已经在做了 |
[12:08] | A robot cannot be a professor. | 机器人不可能成为教授 |
[12:10] | Remember you were so proud that the university | 还记得大学录制了你的课 |
[12:12] | recorded your lectures to show online? | 放在网上 你非常骄傲吗 |
[12:14] | Think about it. | 仔细想想 |
[12:15] | Now they can stream them forever. | 现在永远在网上了 |
[12:18] | Face it. | 面对现实吧 |
[12:19] | Robot you is putting real you out of a job. | 机器人让真正的你没有工作 |
[12:25] | Fudge it! | 该死的 |
[12:33] | A robot wouldn’t have done that. | 机器人就不会这样 |
[12:44] | Beautiful work, everyone. | 做得好 各位 |
[12:46] | Nice form. | 队形不错 |
[12:49] | Oliver, round out your arms. | 奥利弗 打开胳膊 |
[12:51] | Lift your chest. | 胸口抬起来 |
[12:54] | Oh, forget it. | 算了 |
[12:55] | You look like a lollipop having a seizure. | 你像发癫痫的棒棒糖 |
[12:58] | Okay, class. | 好的 同学们 |
[12:59] | Plis. | 屈膝 |
[13:02] | Nicely done, everyone, except Oliver. | 大家做得好 除了奥利弗 |
[13:06] | Okay, that’s it for today. | 今天就到这里 |
[13:16] | Oliver, honey, you really have been working your butt off. | 奥利弗 你真的很努力 |
[13:19] | I told you. | 我跟你说过了 |
[13:20] | What do you think I’m doing in my room every night | 你以为我每晚把房间门关上 |
[13:22] | with the door closed? | 在做什么 |
[13:24] | Mom! | 妈 |
[13:25] | You’re 13. I don’t know. | 你13岁 我不知道 |
[13:27] | I’m practicing. | 我在练习 |
[13:28] | First, I was just doing it to get into Harvard, | 一开始 我只想通过这个上哈佛 |
[13:30] | but now… | 但现在 |
[13:32] | I kinda love it. | 我有点喜欢了 |
[13:34] | You’re like a “Bachelor” Contestant | 你就像《单身汉》里的人 |
[13:35] | who goes on the show for fame, but by the end… | 为了出名上节目 但最终 |
[13:38] | is in it for the right reasons. | 有了正确的原因 |
[13:42] | She’s really hard on you, huh? | 她对你很严厉 |
[13:44] | I’ve been telling you. | 我跟你说过了 |
[13:46] | She has it in for me. | 她看我不顺眼 |
[13:47] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[13:48] | I feel so bad for not believing you. | 不相信你令我很内疚 |
[13:50] | It’s okay, Mom. | 没事 妈 |
[13:52] | No, it’s not. | 不 不行 |
[13:54] | I’m gonna go talk to her. | 我去跟她谈 |
[13:56] | Even though keeping him in ballet will officially be | 尽管让他继续跳芭蕾就意味着 |
[13:58] | the end of my master plan. | 我的计划彻底完蛋 |
[14:00] | Watch out. She’s horrible. | 小心 她很可怕 |
[14:01] | No one’s more horrible than your mother! | 没人比你妈更可怕 |
[14:04] | Hi. | 你好 |
[14:05] | I’m Katie Otto, Oliver’s mom. | 我是凯蒂·奥图 奥利弗的妈妈 |
[14:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:10] | I was watching, and it looks like | 我刚才一直在看 看起来 |
[14:13] | you’re being harder on him than anyone else. | 你对他比对其他人严厉 |
[14:14] | Are you doing that thing where you challenge him | 你是在挑战他 |
[14:16] | so he rises to his potential? | 激发他的潜能吗 |
[14:18] | No, that’s not what I’m doing. | 不 我不是这个意思 |
[14:20] | He doesn’t have what it takes. | 他没有才华 |
[14:23] | I saw him, and he does have it. | 我看到了 他有 |
[14:25] | I’m not wasting my time on some spoiled kid. | 我不会在被宠坏的孩子身上浪费时间 |
[14:28] | If you would have said “Arrogant” and “Obnoxious,” | 如果你说自大和讨厌 |
[14:29] | you would have been right, but he’s not spoiled. | 那么你是对的 但他没有被宠坏 |
[14:32] | Maybe he is just too good for you and your stupid class. | 也许他太优秀 你根本不配教他 |
[14:38] | Did you just bump me? | 你刚撞了我吗 |
[14:41] | Don’t make me go “Black Swan” on you. | 别逼我对你来出《黑天鹅》 |
[14:42] | What, you’re gonna go crazy | 你准备发疯 |
[14:44] | and stab yourself with a piece of glass? | 用玻璃捅自己吗 |
[14:45] | Is that what happens? I didn’t see the movie. | 是这样吗 我没看电影 |
[14:46] | It’s always showing at a bad time. | 总是在不合适的时候放 |
[14:48] | Class is over. | 下课了 |
[14:51] | You need to go. | 你得走了 |
[14:56] | You clearly do not have a sense of size and proportion. | 显然你不明白体积和吨位的概念 |
[15:00] | Don’t let the leotard fool you, honey. | 别被紧身衣骗了 亲爱的 |
[15:12] | I really thought I had you | 我真以为打赢你了 |
[15:13] | until you got me in that leg-lock. | 直到你使出剪刀腿 |
[15:15] | You have some powerful thighs. | 你的大腿很有力 |
[15:17] | I like the way you used your breasts as a weapon. | 我欣赏你把胸部当武器 |
[15:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:22] | I just assumed Oliver was one stuck-up kid | 我以为奥利弗是自大的孩子 |
[15:24] | doing ballet as a dare or something. | 因为打赌才来跳芭蕾的 |
[15:26] | But…now that I’ve met you, I know I had him all wrong. | 现在看到你 我知道我看错他了 |
[15:30] | He’s not from one of those good families. | 他不是来自富裕家庭 |
[15:33] | No. He is not. | 他不是的 |
[15:36] | You know, he does have some real potential. | 他的确有潜力 |
[15:40] | I watched “Flashdance” when he was in my womb, | 我怀着他时看了《闪电舞》 |
[15:42] | so I take some credit for it. | 我也有功劳 |
[15:44] | Just because Oliver is from Westport, | 就因为奥利弗来自西港 |
[15:46] | I had all these preconceived notions about him. | 我就对他有了成见 |
[15:49] | You know… I’ve also been told | 知道吗 也有人告诉我 |
[15:52] | that I judge people from Westport. | 我也会评判来自西港的人 |
[15:55] | I suppose I owe him an apology. | 我想我欠他一个道歉 |
[15:57] | Yeah. | 对 |
[15:59] | I owe some people an apology, too. | 我也欠某些人一个道歉 |
[16:02] | Before we finish up, | 在结束前 |
[16:04] | I just want to congratulate this year’s volunteers. | 我想祝贺今年的义工 |
[16:07] | Give yourselves a hand! | 为自己鼓掌 |
[16:09] | But there’s still one more chairperson position to fill. | 但还差一个主席 |
[16:13] | Takes place in the spring… | 负责春季… |
[16:17] | Oh, come on, now. The Spring Gala’s fun! | 拜托 春季晚会很有趣 |
[16:21] | The doctors couldn’t definitively link | 医生都不能将史黛西·克劳泽的崩溃 |
[16:23] | Stacy Clouser’s breakdown to the — | 和晚会联系在一起 |
[16:29] | Hi, everyone. | 大家好 |
[16:33] | It has been brought to my attention | 我注意到 |
[16:37] | that the problem I have with so many of you… | 我和你们很多人有问题 |
[16:41] | so many… | 很多 |
[16:43] | is not actually with you. | 其实不是你们的问题 |
[16:46] | The problem is with me. | 问题在于我自己 |
[16:50] | I mean, I should not judge you. | 我不应该评判你们 |
[16:52] | Who cares if you only volunteer | 谁在乎你们做义工只是为了在 |
[16:55] | to justify not having jobs to your rich husbands? | 有钱老公面前为没工作扳回一城 |
[16:58] | That came out wrong. | 这话不对 |
[17:00] | I’m not saying what you do at the school | 我不是说你们在学校的工作 |
[17:02] | isn’t important, because it is. | 不重要 因为很重要 |
[17:05] | Like when you all painted that mural celebrating | 就像你们画壁画庆祝民族和谐节 |
[17:07] | Diversity Day with all the different ethnicities | 但其他那些种族 |
[17:09] | that this town doesn’t have. | 西港根本就没有 |
[17:13] | That sounded judgy. I heard it. | 听起来在评判 我听出来了 |
[17:17] | This is not going well. | 不太顺利 |
[17:19] | I guess there’s only one way back into their good graces. | 我猜只有一个办法重获她们的青睐 |
[17:22] | I will give back | 我愿意交出 |
[17:24] | the diaper purse. | 尿布手袋 |
[17:29] | No? | 不要吗 |
[17:32] | Fine. | 好的 |
[17:33] | I’ll chair the Spring Gala. | 我做春季晚会的主席 |
[17:37] | This is a good start. I’m so proud of you, Katie. | 这是个好的开始 我为你骄傲 凯蒂 |
[17:42] | This job is going to consume all your time and energy. | 这份工作将耗掉你所有的时间和精力 |
[17:46] | It will hang over your head the entire year, | 犹如利剑悬在你头上一整年 |
[17:48] | keep you up at night, and, ultimately, destroy you. | 让你晚上睡不着 最终令你崩溃 |
[17:53] | I’m so happy. | 我好开心 |
[17:55] | Stupid says what? | 笨蛋说什么 |
[17:56] | What? | 什么 |
[17:58] | It wasn’t my best comeback, | 这不是我最厉害的反击 |
[17:59] | but I got to get home to make dinner. | 但我得回家做晚饭 |
[18:03] | How was the driving lesson today? | 今天的驾驶课怎么样 |
[18:05] | Apparently, I’m going to be replaced by a robot | 显然我将被机器人取代 |
[18:07] | and we need four new tires. | 我们需要四个新胎 |
[18:09] | It doesn’t matter if Taylor drives anyway. | 泰勒能否开车已经不重要了 |
[18:10] | Not only do I have the worst volunteer job there is | 我不仅拥有最糟糕的义工工作 |
[18:13] | with the promise of a public nervous breakdown, | 保证会在公众前精神崩溃 |
[18:15] | but the Spring Gala will take up any free time that I already had. | 而且春季晚会将占用我仅有的空余时间 |
[18:18] | I’m sorry, honey. | 抱歉 亲爱的 |
[18:19] | I’m gonna have to become what I hate the most — | 我将成为我最讨厌的人 |
[18:21] | an over-involved, no-life, | 过度参与 没有生活 |
[18:23] | busy-body, idiot Westport housewife. | 爱管闲事的白痴西港家庭主妇 |
[18:26] | Bright side, I’m back on the recycling committee again. | 好的一面 我又回归了回收委员会 |
[18:28] | Congratulations — | 恭喜 |
[18:29] | bi-weekly meetings in a school basement with three janitors. | 两周一次在学校地下室与三个清洁工开会 |
[18:32] | And Bill Doty. | 还有比尔·多提 |
[18:34] | Let’s do this. | 开始 |
[18:37] | Hey, you guys can’t come in here without knocking! | 不敲门不能进来 |
[18:40] | You’re adorable. Go! | 你真可爱 说 |
[18:42] | Until you come up with a plan | 在你想出高中毕业后的 |
[18:44] | on what you want to do after high school, | 计划前 |
[18:45] | college is still the current plan. | 依然要上大学 |
[18:47] | And I talked to your teachers, and you need to be done | 我跟你的老师谈过了 这周结束前 |
[18:49] | with your summer packet by the week’s end. | 你得完成暑期活动 |
[18:51] | And if you don’t do it, there’s always boarding school. | 如果你不完成 还有寄宿学校 |
[18:54] | We all know we can’t afford boarding school — | 我们都知道我们没钱上寄宿学校 |
[18:55] | empty threat! | 空头威胁 |
[18:58] | You guys are being so unfair! | 你们真不公平 |
[19:01] | We’re “Unfair.” | 我们不公平 |
[19:02] | – Nice job. – Thank you. | -做得好 -谢谢 |
[19:04] | I just have to face it — | 我必须接受现实 |
[19:05] | I can’t take a step back from mothering. | 我没办法从当妈的日子中松口气 |
[19:07] | I’ll just phone in being a wife. | 做老婆只能装装样子了 |
[19:08] | Understood. | 明白 |
[19:10] | I’ll take this one. | 这个我来 |
[19:12] | Anna-Kat, ponies down. We need to talk. | 安娜凯特 放下小马 我们需要谈谈 |
[19:16] | I signed up for volunteering. | 我参加了义工 |
[19:18] | You are going to sign up for an after-school club. | 你要加入课后社团 |
[19:21] | And, FYI, this is the last time | 顺便说下 这是我最后一次 |
[19:23] | I negotiate with an eight-year-old. | 和8岁孩子打商量 |
[19:26] | That’s so unfair! | 真不公平 |
[19:28] | Ooh, we’re two for two. | 两局两胜 |
[19:29] | Let’s go into Oliver’s room. | 去奥利弗的房间 |
[19:32] | We should probably give him some warning before we go in. | 应该在进去前给点警告 |
[19:36] | Well, here we are, at Oliver’s room. | 到了 奥利弗的房间 |
[19:38] | – Let’s go in. – Let’s talk to him. | -我们进去 -和他谈谈 |
[19:39] | Yeah. | 对 |
[19:55] | Looking good. | 看起来不错 |
[19:56] | Just practicing for the recital next week. | 为下周的表演练习 |
[19:58] | I’ve been moved up to premiere danseur. | 我成了男主角 |
[20:00] | – Well, that’s great. – You know what? | -太好了 -知道吗 |
[20:02] | You deserve it. | 这是你应得的 |
[20:04] | Thanks for sticking up for me. | 多谢你支持我 |
[20:08] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[20:11] | That… is what I’m here for. | 这是妈妈应该做的 |
[20:21] | Who’d have thought today that our pain-in-the-ass kid | 谁会想到今天咱家最烦人的孩子 |
[20:23] | would be our best kid? | 会是最乖的 |
[20:25] | What I like most about being a parent | 做家长我最喜欢的一点就是 |
[20:26] | is that things change all the time. | 事情总是在变 |
[20:29] | That’s not true. I just want all this to be over. | 不对 我只希望这一切快点结束 |
[20:37] | I know the Spring Gala has this reputation for being awful, | 我知道春季晚会出了名的糟糕 |
[20:39] | but come on, | 但是拜托 |
[20:40] | how bad can it really be? | 能有多糟糕 |
[20:42] | I’m sure they’re exaggerating | 我相信他们夸张了 |
[20:43] | this whole Stacy Clouser thing. | 史黛西·克劳泽的事 |
[20:45] | Shrimp! | 虾 |
[20:46] | Shrimp! | 虾 |
[20:47] | There’s not enough shrimp! | 虾不够 |
[20:48] | Oh! It’s okay. | 没事 |
[20:49] | You call yourself a Better-Business- accredited vendor? | 你还说自己是好生意认证的供应商 |
[20:52] | You’re garbage!! | 你这个垃圾 |
[20:53] | I’ll be fine. | 我不会有事的 |
[20:56] | Right? | 对吗 |