时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | I love a good yard sale, | 我喜欢实惠的庭院旧货大甩卖 |
[00:01] | but in Westport, they’re called “Estate sales.” | 但在西港 他们称之为”清屋拍卖” |
[00:04] | Wait, I didn’t hit that hard enough. | 慢着 重音不够重 |
[00:06] | “Estate sales.” | 清屋拍卖 |
[00:07] | Okay, it’s just a bunch of stuff a dead person’s kids don’t want. | 只是一些死者的孩子都不要的东西 |
[00:10] | Calm down. | 淡定 |
[00:11] | Let us in! Let us in! | 放我们进去 放我们进去 |
[00:14] | – Let us in! – Oh, no. | -放我们进去 -不好 |
[00:15] | There’s stupid Chloe Brown Mueller | 是愚蠢的克洛伊·布朗·米勒 |
[00:17] | and her husband, stupid Stan Lawton. | 还有她老公 愚蠢的斯坦·劳顿 |
[00:19] | Ooh, we should call them over. | 我们应该叫他们过来 |
[00:20] | Greg, I wasn’t using “Stupid” to mean, like, “Funky fresh.” | 格雷格 我说的”愚蠢”不是”讨喜”的意思 |
[00:22] | I really don’t like them. | 我真心不喜欢他们 |
[00:24] | I mean, Stan’s okay, but Chloe’s the worst. | 斯坦还行 但克洛伊最坏了 |
[00:26] | She’s always mommy-blogging and Instagraming, | 她总是发育儿博客和图片分享 |
[00:28] | and to top it all off — | 而且还不止 |
[00:29] | Hey, Stan, it’s me — Greg! | 斯坦 是我 格雷格 |
[00:30] | Did you just wave them over here? | 你挥手让他们过来吗 |
[00:33] | Greg, you will never believe what I just saw. | 格雷格 你不会相信我看到什么 |
[00:36] | See that table? | 看那张桌子 |
[00:37] | See the racist mugs? | 种族歧视的杯子 |
[00:39] | Right next to that | 旁边的 |
[00:40] | are actual arrowheads made by the Paugussett tribe. | 是珀加塞特部落制造的箭头 |
[00:42] | Ah, the original settlers of Westport. | 西港最初的原住民 |
[00:44] | Mm, we could have been better to them. | 我们本可以比他们优秀的 |
[00:46] | Slaughtered them, drove them from their lands, | 屠杀他们 把他们从家园赶走 |
[00:48] | such a tragic history. | 真是悲剧的历史 |
[00:49] | Yes, but they do have that nice plaque on Main Street. | 但主大道上有不错的牌匾 |
[00:51] | That’s true! | 没错 |
[00:52] | After you, sir. | 先生 你先请 |
[00:53] | No, no, after you, sir. | 不 先生 你先请 |
[00:56] | – So, Katie, how’s everything? – Let’s not. | -凯蒂 还好吗 -别客套了 |
[00:57] | Okay, good, because I didn’t care. | 很好 因为我根本不想知道 |
[01:00] | What kind of yard sale is this? | 这算是什么旧货甩卖 |
[01:02] | Where are all the neon beer signs? | 啤酒馆霓虹灯牌呢 |
[01:04] | Where’s that singing bass | 唱歌的男低音呢 |
[01:05] | telling me to take it to the river? | 告诉我”到河边去” |
[01:09] | Whoa, four perfectly weathered Adirondack chairs for only $85! | 四张完美退色的阿第伦达克椅只要85块 |
[01:13] | Be cool, Katie. | 淡定 凯蒂 |
[01:14] | Don’t attract attention to this awesome deal. | 别让大家注意到这么合算的买卖 |
[01:17] | Everyone back off! | 大家退后 |
[01:18] | These are mine. So… | 这些是我的 所以… |
[01:23] | Oh. Excuse me! | 不好意思 |
[01:25] | I’d like to buy these. | 我想买这个 |
[01:26] | No, I’m sprawled here. | 不 我躺在这里 |
[01:28] | It’s the universal sign for, “These are my chairs.” | 这是通用的标志 表示”这些是我的椅子” |
[01:31] | Choking — These are my chairs. | 这样表示窒息 这表示是我的椅子 |
[01:34] | Okay, that’s how a garage sale works. | 旧货甩卖是这样的 |
[01:36] | This is a tag sale, | 这是吊牌出售 |
[01:38] | so whoever has the tag gets the sale. | 拿到吊牌的人可以买到 |
[01:40] | And since I have the tag, | 既然吊牌在我手中 |
[01:42] | who do you think gets the sale? | 你觉得会是谁买到呢 |
[01:44] | Do you think it’s you? | 你觉得是你吗 |
[01:45] | ‘Cause it’s not. | 不是的 |
[01:46] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[01:48] | Okay, pumpkin? | 明白吗 小南瓜 |
[01:51] | Hey, if you’re gonna be in my selfie, | 如果你想被拍到 |
[01:53] | the least you can do is smile. | 至少笑一下吧 |
[01:54] | Or at least do something more flattering with those legs. | 或是双腿姿势再讨人喜欢一些 |
[01:56] | Another universal sign coming at you. | 再送你一个通用的标志 |
[02:00] | I’ll crop you out. | 我会把你裁掉的 |
[02:13] | The only reason she bought those chairs | 她买那些椅子的唯一原因 |
[02:15] | is because I wanted them. | 就是我想要 |
[02:16] | And the worst part about it is they belonged to Paul Newman. | 最差劲的就是那些是保罗·纽曼的椅子 |
[02:18] | Oh, what makes you think that? | 你为什么这样想 |
[02:19] | Paul Newman lived in Westport. | 保罗·纽曼曾住在西港 |
[02:22] | He used chairs. Connect the dots. | 他用椅子 联系起来想想看 |
[02:25] | You and Chloe should really talk this out on our double date tonight. | 今晚我们四人约会时 你应该跟克洛伊好好谈谈 |
[02:28] | – Our what? – Stan planned it. | -我们什么 -斯坦安排的 |
[02:29] | We’re having dinner at one restaurant | 我们在一家餐厅吃饭 |
[02:31] | and the dessert at another. | 然后去另一家吃甜点 |
[02:32] | “Can he be any more fun?” I ask, | “他还能再有趣一些吗” 我问道 |
[02:33] | but the answer is clearly no. | 显然不能 |
[02:35] | Okay, before you break out | 在你开口唱 |
[02:36] | into “I Am Sixteen Going on Seventeen,” | 《我未满17岁之前》 |
[02:38] | you need to know that I won’t be there. | 你要知道 我不会去的 |
[02:40] | Oh, why not? | 为什么 |
[02:41] | I’m not having dinner with Chloe Brown Mueller, | 我不会和克洛伊·布朗·米勒吃晚餐的 |
[02:43] | but if you would like to have a single date with Stan, | 但如果你想和斯坦去约会 |
[02:46] | be my guest. | 请便 |
[02:47] | I guess it’s boys’ night out. | 那就男生夜吧 |
[02:49] | Going big tonight. | 今晚要好好玩 |
[02:51] | I should take an extra Zantac. | 我应该多吃一粒胃药 |
[03:00] | What happened to the pony pencil case I gave you? | 我送你的小马文具盒呢 |
[03:02] | A girl at school took it. | 学校的一个女生拿走了 |
[03:04] | I asked for it back, but she pushed me | 我找她要 但她推我 |
[03:06] | and used one of Mama’s angry driving words. | 而且说的话和妈妈生气开车时一样 |
[03:09] | – Did you tell a teacher? – She told me I better not, | -你告诉老师了吗 -她说最好不要 |
[03:11] | then used one of Mama’s angry talking-about-Grandma words. | 然后说的话和妈妈生气说起外婆时一样 |
[03:15] | That girl sounds like a bully. | 听起来这个女生是个恶霸 |
[03:16] | You need to stand up to her. | 你需要反抗 |
[03:18] | And I’m gonna teach you how. | 我会教你怎么做 |
[03:19] | Shouldn’t we loop in an adult on this? | 不是应该告诉成年人吗 |
[03:21] | Advice from Taylor is rarely good. | 泰勒的建议一般没好事 |
[03:23] | I peed sitting down for way too long. | 我有很长时间都是坐着尿尿的 |
[03:25] | I know what to do. | 我知道怎么做 |
[03:27] | When I was her age, | 我在她这么大时 |
[03:28] | this girl Erin Smith teased me every day. | 艾琳·史密斯每天戏弄我 |
[03:30] | She called me a “Lezzie” | 她叫我”蕾丝” |
[03:31] | because she thought that I was less than. | 因为她觉得我”少于”[音近] |
[03:33] | That is not what Erin meant. | 艾琳不是这个意思 |
[03:36] | Then one day, Erin pushed me too far, | 然后有一天 艾琳太过分 |
[03:38] | so I walked right up to her and punched her in the nose. | 所以我走到她面前 冲她的鼻子就是一拳 |
[03:41] | After that, the bullying stopped. | 之后她就没欺负过我了 |
[03:43] | So if someone’s treating me badly, | 如果有人对我不好 |
[03:45] | I should punch them? | 我应该揍他们吗 |
[03:46] | Right in the nose. | 对着鼻子 |
[03:47] | Thanks, Taylor. | 多谢了 泰勒 |
[03:48] | When she called you “Lezzie,” | 她叫你蕾丝时 |
[03:50] | was that when you had short hair and were playing softball? | 你当时是不是留短发打垒球 |
[03:53] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[03:54] | I thought you were less than, too. | 我当时也觉得你”少于” |
[03:59] | Stan and I had the best time ever. | 斯坦和我玩得太开心了 |
[04:02] | Over drinks, we — do you want the full recap | 喝酒时我们…你想一边听完整复述 |
[04:04] | where you glaze over, or should I skip to the end? | 一边发呆 还是我跳到结尾 |
[04:05] | Skip to the end. | 跳到结尾 |
[04:07] | And then Stan said, “No, at the Levitt Pavilion.” | 然后斯坦说 不 在莱维特凉亭 |
[04:10] | Sounds great. | 听起来不错 |
[04:11] | I’m happy you had fun | 我很高兴 |
[04:13] | with your new best friend in the whole wide world. | 你和尘世间的新朋友玩得这么开心 |
[04:14] | I know you’re teasing me, but I don’t care | 我知道你在取笑我 但我不在乎 |
[04:16] | ’cause my best friend in the whole wide world | 因为我的尘世间的新朋友 |
[04:19] | invited us to the Mayflower Descendant’s Reception | 邀请我们参加西港殖民集会的 |
[04:21] | at the Westport Colonial Fair! | 五月花号后裔招待会 |
[04:23] | There’s a silly group of words. | 这一串词够傻的 |
[04:24] | It’s a reception honoring the descendants of the Mayflower. | 这是致敬五月花号后裔的招待会 |
[04:26] | Stan is one, and he offered to bring us as his personal guests. | 斯坦是后裔之一 他将我们作为私人宾客带去 |
[04:30] | Will Chloe be there? | 克洛伊会去吗 |
[04:31] | Of course. | 当然 |
[04:32] | Oh, I think I’m coming down with something. | 我想我生病了 |
[04:35] | – Katie. – If you want, | -凯蒂 -如果你想 |
[04:36] | I will really commit and eat a dirty tissue. | 我会豁出去吃一张脏纸巾 |
[04:40] | This invitation is a real honor. | 这次的邀请是我们的荣幸 |
[04:41] | I can’t turn Stan down. | 我不能拒绝斯坦 |
[04:42] | He’s my first real friend in Westport. | 他是我在西港第一个真正的朋友 |
[04:43] | You have a ton of friends. What about Doris’ husband? | 你有好多朋友 多瑞丝的老公呢 |
[04:58] | Dave, you have no idea how much you’re saving me right now. | 大卫 你不知道把我从什么样的水深火热中救了出来 |
[05:04] | Exactly my point. | 我就是这个意思 |
[05:06] | For me, Chloe Brown Mueller is just as bad as Richard. | 对我来说 克洛伊·布朗·米勒和理查德一样坏 |
[05:08] | That wasn’t your point. | 你不是这个意思 |
[05:09] | You were actually trying to make the opposite point. | 你的意思完全相反 |
[05:11] | It’s not important where the good idea comes from, | 好主意从哪里来的不重要 |
[05:13] | the takeaway is I am not spending an entire day | 重点是 我不会在集市上和她 |
[05:15] | at the fair with her. | 待一整天 |
[05:16] | You know, I do a lot of stuff for you that I don’t want to do. | 我为你做过很多我不想做的事 |
[05:20] | I’m cashing in some of my marital chips. | 我要兑现一些婚姻筹码 |
[05:21] | – Chips? – Yeah, chips. | -筹码 -对 筹码 |
[05:22] | Points I get for going along with things you want to do when I don’t. | 配合你做那些我不想做的事获得的 |
[05:25] | Like what? | 举例说说 |
[05:28] | What happened to the afghan my Nana knitted us for our wedding? | 我奶奶为我们织的婚礼礼物毛毯呢 |
[05:30] | Well, like Nana, it’s in a box and put to rest. | 和奶奶一样 放在盒子里安息了 |
[05:35] | Thanks for agreeing to drive tonight. | 多谢你同意今晚开车 |
[05:38] | Oh, sorry, hon, I’m already four deep. | 抱歉 亲 我已经喝了四杯了 |
[05:42] | Ooh, let’s see “Trois Souvenirs De Ma Jeunesse.” | 我们看《我年轻时代的三个纪念》 |
[05:45] | It’s a French film about an anthropologist | 法国电影 讲人类学家 |
[05:47] | reflecting on his life before moving to Tajikistan. | 在搬去塔吉克斯坦前反思自己的生活 |
[05:49] | We’re seeing “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.” | 我们看《蝙蝠侠大战超人:正义黎明》 |
[05:53] | But you loved “Batman v Superman.” | 但你喜欢看《蝙蝠侠大战超人》 |
[05:55] | I only said that to make you happy. | 我这样说是为了让你高兴 |
[05:57] | “Batman v Superman” Makes no sense. | 《蝙蝠侠大战超人》根本说不通 |
[05:59] | What?! That movie is amazing. | 什么 那电影可好看了 |
[06:01] | Batman, the world’s greatest detective, | 蝙蝠侠 全世界最伟大的侦探 |
[06:03] | doesn’t know Superman’s weakness until Lex Luthor tells him. | 不知道超人的弱点 还是雷克斯·卢瑟告诉他的 |
[06:06] | There are five dream sequences in the movie. | 电影中有五个梦序 |
[06:07] | None of them reveal anything about any character. | 没一个透露了任何角色的任何事情 |
[06:09] | And, most importantly, Superman has heat vision. | 最重要的是 超人有热视线 |
[06:11] | He should have melted Batman in the first act, movie over. | 第一场戏就应该把蝙蝠侠熔掉 电影结束 |
[06:14] | But so much stuff blew up. | 但是炸了好多东西 |
[06:15] | You have the best husband around. | 你有全世界最好的老公 |
[06:17] | – I know that. – Do you? | -我知道 -真的吗 |
[06:18] | Because I’m pretty damn accommodating. | 因为我真的很随和 |
[06:20] | Mostly because I don’t care and I’m happy to sacrifice for you. | 主要是因为我不在乎 我愿意为你牺牲 |
[06:22] | But not on this one. | 但这次不行 |
[06:24] | Every day around here is Katie time. | 每天都是凯蒂时间 |
[06:25] | Right now, it’s Greg time. | 现在 格雷格时间到了 |
[06:27] | I don’t know. | 这样好吗 |
[06:28] | Sounds like you’re messing with a system that works. | 听起来你在扰乱运作良好的制度 |
[06:33] | Fine. | 行 |
[06:35] | I’ll go. | 我去 |
[06:37] | And at the fair, you’re gonna play nice | 在集市上 你要对 |
[06:38] | with Chloe Brown Mueller because it’s important to me. | 克洛伊·布朗·米勒友好 这对我很重要 |
[06:40] | Can I pull the “I had your babies” Card? | 我可以打”我是你孩子妈”的牌吗 |
[06:42] | – No. – Damn it. | -不行 -见鬼 |
[06:46] | Look, they’ve got a blacksmith, a cobbler, and a candle maker. | 有铁匠 鞋匠还有做蜡烛的 |
[06:49] | Of course, in the period, | 当然 在当时 |
[06:50] | people traditionally made their own candles at home, | 人们传统上在家自己制造蜡烛 |
[06:52] | but I’m not gonna pull that thread. | 我就不细说了 |
[06:53] | Yeah, we’ll keep it light today. | 我们今天是来轻松的 |
[06:54] | Westport is one of the leading onion producers in the colonies. | 西港是殖民地的产洋葱大户 |
[06:59] | And this is what an onion looks like. | 洋葱是这样的 |
[07:02] | – Touch it. – No. | -摸一下 -不 |
[07:04] | Pass it around. | 传一下 |
[07:06] | – Isn’t this fun? – So fun. | -是不是很好玩 -太好玩了 |
[07:08] | You there, the continental army | 两位 大陆军 |
[07:10] | needs able-bodied men as recruits. | 需要招募身体强壮的新兵 |
[07:12] | Will you help us fight the British? | 你们愿意帮我们反抗英国人吗 |
[07:14] | A million times yes. | 太愿意了 |
[07:15] | Actually, you’re a minuteman, | 其实你是民兵 |
[07:17] | not a continental army regular. | 不是常规大陆军 |
[07:18] | Stan, keeping him honest. | 斯坦 实话实说 |
[07:20] | Flagon of mead? | 蜂蜜酒酒壶 |
[07:22] | Love it. | 喜欢 |
[07:24] | Could you get a wide shot of me holding this musket? | 帮我拍张我拿着步枪的全景照好吗 |
[07:28] | ‘Course, but what sort of contraption is this? | 好 这是什么奇妙的装置 |
[07:30] | I’ve — I’ve never seen anything like it. | 我没见过这种东西 |
[07:32] | Okay, just cut the crap and take the picture. | 少废话 快拍照 |
[07:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:38] | I’d do anything for Superman | 我愿意付出一切代价 |
[07:39] | or Batman to come down here and kill all these people. | 让超人或是蝙蝠侠来这里杀光这些人 |
[07:42] | Good day, madam, do you want to learn how to churn butter? | 日安 女士 想学习搅拌黄油吗 |
[07:44] | I really don’t. | 真心不想 |
[07:45] | You there, you look like a woman who can churn butter. | 你看起来是能够搅拌黄油的女人 |
[07:47] | I don’t know what that means, but it sounds hurtful. | 我不知道是什么意思 听起来很伤人 |
[07:50] | Hello, young lady, | 你好 小姐 |
[07:51] | have you ever touched a butter churn before? | 你以前碰过黄油搅拌器吗 |
[07:53] | What is it with you people and the butter?! | 你们这些人和黄油有什么关系 |
[07:57] | Thank God, a bench. | 谢天谢地 凳子 |
[07:58] | Finally, something that doesn’t make butter. | 终于有不做黄油的东西 |
[08:03] | Stop writing “Chair thief” On all of my posts. | 别再给我发的照片回复”偷椅贼” |
[08:05] | Why, whatever do you mean? | 怎么了 你什么意思 |
[08:07] | I know “Addy Rondack” is you. | 我知道安迪·伦达克是你[音近阿第伦达克椅] |
[08:09] | I don’t know who Addy Rondack is, but that’s a good pun. | 我不知道安迪·伦达克是谁 但这个谐音用得好 |
[08:11] | She seems like a very smart lady. | 她似乎是很聪明的女士 |
[08:13] | Well, she keeps saying that I stole Paul Newman’s chairs, | 她一直说我偷了保罗·纽曼的椅子 |
[08:16] | and now I got Joanne Woodward up my ass about it. | 现在乔安娜·伍德沃德追着我不放[保罗遗孀] |
[08:18] | Ladies, there you are. | 女士们 你们在这里 |
[08:21] | We have some very exciting news. | 我们有激动人心的消息 |
[08:23] | This weekend, the four of us | 这周末 我们四个人 |
[08:24] | are gonna participate in a reenactment of — | 将参加再现 |
[08:26] | The Battle of Ridgefield! | 里奇菲尔德战役 |
[08:27] | I apologize. I stole that moment from you. | 抱歉 抢了你的风头 |
[08:29] | Please, go ahead. | 请说 |
[08:30] | The Battle of Ridgefield! | 里奇菲尔德战役 |
[08:31] | Women can either be dying civilians | 女人可以扮演快死的平民 |
[08:34] | or blood-covered nurses. | 或全身是血的护士 |
[08:35] | Strong opinions? | 有想法吗 |
[08:37] | Either way. | 都行 |
[08:38] | Blood-covered nurses it is. | 那就全身是血的护士 |
[08:39] | Tonight, we’ll rehearse your distant look | 今晚我们练习下你的冷漠表情 |
[08:41] | as you remember happier times | 就像你在追忆 |
[08:43] | before you knew the sound of a saw blade on a gangrenous leg. | 听到锯条锯坏疽腿的声音前的美好时光 |
[08:45] | He’s so fun. | 他真有趣 |
[08:46] | Ooh, butter churning! Come on, hon. | 黄油搅拌器 快来 亲 |
[08:49] | Do we have to go? | 我们一定要去吗 |
[08:51] | Yes. You owe me. | 对 你欠我的 |
[08:52] | But you already spent your chips. | 但你已经用了筹码了 |
[08:53] | – I have so many more. – How many more? | -我还有很多 -多少 |
[08:56] | Take in this dramatic pause. | 领会下戏剧性暂停的精神 |
[08:59] | So many. | 好多 |
[09:04] | I need to find a way to get Chloe out of my life. | 我得找到办法让克洛伊滚出我的生活 |
[09:07] | Maybe I’ll try the strategy | 也许我应该尝试 |
[09:08] | they used to win the Battle of Ridgefield, | 赢下里奇菲尔德战役的策略 |
[09:10] | but that means I’d have to look it up. | 这表示我得去查阅 |
[09:12] | So I won’t. | 算了 |
[09:20] | Hey, you’re in my spot. | 你抢了我的位置 |
[09:22] | Sorry, Anna-Kat, you snooze, you — | 抱歉 安娜凯特 你走了… |
[09:24] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[09:26] | You’re being a bully. | 你是恶霸 |
[09:27] | Anna-Kat, good for you standing up for yourself. | 安娜凯特 好样的 奋起反抗 |
[09:30] | Are you both out of your minds? | 你俩疯了吗 |
[09:31] | I’m bleeding! | 我流血了 |
[09:35] | I don’t know what Mom is always complaining about. | 我不知道妈妈为什么一直抱怨 |
[09:37] | This parenting thing is super ascertaining. | 管教孩子的事超级确定 |
[09:41] | Am I using that right? | 这个词用对了吗 |
[09:43] | No. | 没 |
[09:48] | At the colonial fair, I should have stuck your head | 在殖民集会上 我应该把你的头 |
[09:50] | in a butter churn and kept on churning. | 放在黄油搅拌器里一直搅拌 |
[09:52] | At the colonial fair, I should have kicked you | 在殖民集会上 我应该用钢头靴 |
[09:54] | in the shins repeatedly with a steel-tipped boot. | 不断地踢你的小腿骨 |
[09:58] | You see, mine was better | 我说的更棒 |
[10:00] | because I used elements of the fair. | 因为我用了集会上的东西 |
[10:02] | Oh, God, I find it really refreshing | 老天 感觉真爽 |
[10:04] | to openly hate another person. | 公开恨一个人 |
[10:06] | Hate is a strong word, but also accurate. | “恨”字太强烈 但也很准确 |
[10:08] | I hate you. | 我恨你 |
[10:10] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[10:11] | Now, how are we going to get out of the Revolutionary War reenactment? | 我们要如何从革命战争再现中脱身 |
[10:13] | Oh, Stan cashed in a ton of marriage points. | 斯坦兑现了很多婚姻分数 |
[10:16] | We call them chips. | 我们称为筹码 |
[10:18] | We inherited my late mother’s bunnies, | 我们继承了我过世母亲的兔子 |
[10:19] | so I pretty much have to go. | 我一定得去 |
[10:21] | The thought of being with you | 想到要和你一起 |
[10:22] | on a road trip makes me want to kill myself. | 公路旅行 我想自杀 |
[10:24] | You’re probably one of those women | 你可能是那种女人 |
[10:25] | that does a lot of shoulder-dancing in the car. | 在车上抖肩跳舞那种 |
[10:27] | Yeah, and I pump fists, too. | 还有挥拳 |
[10:29] | Oh, God, I already feel sick. | 老天 我快吐了 |
[10:31] | – You know what? – What? | -你知道吗 -什么 |
[10:32] | We should show our husbands this. | 我们应该让老公看到 |
[10:34] | – What do you mean? – Our relationship. | -什么意思 -我们的关系 |
[10:36] | If we show Greg and Stan how awful it is | 如果让格雷格和斯坦看到 |
[10:37] | to be around us when we’re together, | 我们在一起时 他们有多难受 |
[10:39] | they will never ask us to double date again. | 他们就再也不会要我们参加四人约会了 |
[10:41] | I like that. | 我喜欢 |
[10:42] | – Yes. – Not you. I hate you. | -棒 -不是你 我恨你 |
[10:44] | Back at you. | 彼此彼此 |
[10:46] | Bon appétit. | 祝你好胃口 |
[10:50] | I did that. | 是我干的 |
[10:52] | Enjoy your eggs. | 慢慢吃你的蛋 |
[10:59] | Thanks so much for inviting Stan and Chloe over for dinner. | 非常感谢你邀请斯坦和克洛伊来吃晚餐 |
[11:02] | I really appreciate you making the effort. | 我非常感谢你这么努力 |
[11:04] | Hey, it’s a marriage. | 我们是夫妻 |
[11:05] | We guilt each other into doing things. | 我们利用内疚让对方做事 |
[11:11] | Good evening, sir. | 晚上好 先生 |
[11:12] | No, good evening to you, sir. | 不 你晚上好 先生 |
[11:14] | We brought wine. | 我们带了红酒 |
[11:15] | Ah, yes, this is a very special bottle | 是 这是非常特别的红酒 |
[11:18] | commemorating my heritage as a Mayflower descendant. | 纪念我作为五月花号后裔的出身 |
[11:22] | Did you know that the Mayflower | 你知道五月花号 |
[11:24] | was originally a wine transport? | 原来是运输红酒的吗 |
[11:25] | I did, but it’s still fascinating. | 知道 但依然吸引人 |
[11:26] | Please, go on. | 请继续 |
[11:28] | Well, it was originally a wine transport, | 原来是运输红酒的 |
[11:30] | and that’s all that I have. | 我只知道这些 |
[11:33] | Come on, Chloe. | 来吧 克洛伊 |
[11:35] | Let’s open this bottle and let it breathe. | 打开红酒醒醒酒 |
[11:39] | Okay, this just got real boring real fast. | 这么快就开始无聊了 |
[11:42] | We need to end it quick. | 我们得快点了结 |
[11:43] | Hey, Katie, it’s so great to finally see your place. | 凯蒂 真高兴终于看到你家了 |
[11:46] | I’ve always wondered what the tiny-house craze was about. | 我一直想知道小房子有什么地方令人着迷的 |
[11:49] | You know what I’ve always wondered, Chloe? | 知道我一直想知道什么吗 克洛伊 |
[11:50] | What’s that? | 什么 |
[11:52] | Do the thousands of likes you get on your Instagram | 你在图片分享上获得的无数赞 |
[11:54] | make up for the zero likes you get in real life? | 弥补了你在现实生活中的零赞吗 |
[11:56] | Do you have a cat | 你养猫了吗 |
[11:57] | or just a candle that smells like urine? | 还是你家蜡烛有尿味 |
[11:59] | Tell me your secret — | 把你的秘密告诉我 |
[12:01] | how do you keep your face looking so old? | 你是如何让脸看起来这么老的 |
[12:04] | – They’re looking. – Okay, let’s put this thing to bed. | -他们在看 -赶紧结束 |
[12:06] | Give me a little shove. | 推我 |
[12:07] | – Good idea. – Okay. | -好主意 -好的 |
[12:10] | What the hell was that?! | 你这是什么意思 |
[12:11] | I didn’t know you were gonna go flying. | 我不知道你会飞出去 |
[12:13] | What are you made of, hollow bones? | 你的骨头是空心的吗 |
[12:14] | That bottle was irreplaceable. | 这瓶酒是无法替代的 |
[12:17] | But to be fair, we were just about to drink it, | 公平来说 我们准备喝掉 |
[12:19] | so it would have been gone anyway. | 反正是会没有的 |
[12:20] | – It’s kind of funny when you think about it that way. – Funny? | -这样想很有趣 -有趣 |
[12:22] | That bottle represented the Mayflower | 这瓶酒代表着五月花号 |
[12:24] | and everything its passengers accomplished. | 以及乘客们所获得的成就 |
[12:26] | The Mayflower is important, | 五月花号很重要 |
[12:27] | but its historical significance has always been overstated. | 但它的历史意义向来被高估了 |
[12:29] | Have you gone mad, sir? | 你疯了吗 先生 |
[12:32] | The Susan Constant, Discovery, | 苏珊康斯坦号 发现号 |
[12:33] | and Godspeed all predate the Mayflower. | 天惠号都早于五月花号 |
[12:35] | Yes, but you must agree, | 但你必须同意 |
[12:36] | without the Mayflower, America never would have formed. | 没有五月花号 就没有美国 |
[12:38] | Now I ask you, sir — have you gone mad? | 我问你 先生 你疯了吗 |
[12:40] | Let’s remember our place here, Gregory. | 别忘了我们的身份 格雷格 |
[12:41] | You are a junior member at the Historical Guild. | 你只是历史协会的初级会员 |
[12:43] | Yes, but I only joined a few months ago. | 但我才加入几个月 |
[12:45] | You’ve been there for five years, | 你已经待了五年 |
[12:46] | and you’re still just the recording secretary. | 你依然只是文档秘书 |
[12:49] | That was a low blow, sir. Good day! | 这是侮辱 日安 先生 |
[12:51] | Good day to you, sir! | 你才日安 先生 |
[12:53] | No, I am the one that says good day! | 不 我才能说日安 |
[12:58] | Shouldn’t we do something? | 我们不做点什么吗 |
[12:59] | – I don’t want Greg and Stan not to be friends. – No, who cares? | -我不想格雷格和斯坦做不成朋友 -谁在乎 |
[13:02] | As long as we never get to see each other again. | 只要我们不用再见面就好 |
[13:09] | Babe, you okay? | 亲爱的 你还好吗 |
[13:12] | Yeah, I’m — I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[13:14] | I’m completely and totally fine. | 我完全绝对很好 |
[13:16] | Crap. Greg’s sad, and there’s wine everywhere. | 见鬼 格雷格伤心了 家里到处是红酒 |
[13:18] | Should I ask him to help clean up? | 我要叫他帮忙收拾吗 |
[13:20] | I mean, it would be a lot faster. | 那样快很多 |
[13:22] | Hey, Greg. | 格雷格 |
[13:25] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[13:28] | Good hold, Katie, good hold. | 不错的救场 凯蒂 不错 |
[13:39] | Greg only does puzzles when he’s super depressed. | 格雷格只有在超级郁闷时才玩拼图 |
[13:42] | That piece is obviously part of the horse’s hoof. | 这块明显是马的蹄子 |
[13:45] | Come on, man! | 拜托 |
[13:47] | Need some help? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[13:49] | Sure. | 当然 |
[13:50] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[13:53] | They really are stupid Chloe Brown Mueller | 他们的确是愚蠢的克洛伊·布朗·米勒 |
[13:54] | and stupid Stan Lawton. | 和愚蠢的斯坦·劳顿 |
[13:56] | I’m sorry that you and Stan got in a fight. | 很遗憾你和斯坦吵架 |
[13:59] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[14:00] | It just sucks because Stan is the first guy | 烦人的就在于斯坦是我在西港 |
[14:01] | I really connected with in Westport. | 第一个有共鸣的人 |
[14:03] | Everyone else works in finance. | 其他人都在财经界 |
[14:05] | Whenever I say I’m a history professor, | 每次我说我是历史教授 |
[14:07] | they say, “Oh, that’s so cool. | 他们会说 太酷了 |
[14:09] | I just spent $3,000 on a ticket for ‘Hamilton.'” | 我刚花三千块买《汉密尔顿》的票 |
[14:15] | And to make matters worse, | 更糟糕的是 |
[14:16] | Stan just kicked me out of the Historical Guild. | 斯坦把我踢出了历史协会 |
[14:18] | Oh, babe. I am so sorry. | 亲爱的 太遗憾了 |
[14:20] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[14:22] | Maybe I’ll just join the Westport bird-watching society | 也许我可以加入西港观鸟协会 |
[14:24] | and make new friends. | 交些新朋友 |
[14:26] | Oh, who am I kidding? They’ll never take me. | 我骗谁呢 他们不会要我的 |
[14:34] | If I would have just been a good wife, | 如果我是个好老婆 |
[14:36] | my husband would have still had his boyfriend. | 我老公就不会失去他的男友 |
[14:38] | For some reason, | 出于某种原因 |
[14:39] | hearing that Greg is depressed really bums me out. | 听到格雷格郁闷真让我难受 |
[14:42] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[14:43] | It’s like hearing a puppy died. | 和听到小狗死了一样 |
[14:45] | Or that that panda at the zoo | 或是动物园的熊猫 |
[14:46] | doesn’t want to have sex with the other panda. | 不愿和别的熊猫做爱 |
[14:48] | You and Chloe drove them apart. | 你和克洛伊把他们分开了 |
[14:49] | It’s your responsibility to put them back together. | 让他们和好是你的责任 |
[14:51] | You should go talk to her. | 你应该找她谈 |
[14:52] | You should shut your face. | 你应该闭嘴 |
[14:54] | Sorry, she just really riles me up. | 抱歉 听到她就烦 |
[14:56] | I’m not going to Chloe for help. | 我不会找克洛伊帮忙 |
[14:58] | She’ll just be all smug and have me grovel and beg. | 她会洋洋得意 让我跪地乞求 |
[15:01] | And then she will enjoy every minute of it. | 她会享受每一刻 |
[15:03] | You don’t know that. | 你不能确定 |
[15:04] | Sure I do because if it was the other way around, | 确定 因为角色对调 |
[15:06] | I would be so mean and it would be so much fun. | 我会超级恶毒 会很享受 |
[15:08] | Just suck it up and get it done. | 忍受一下 把事做好 |
[15:10] | Fine. | 行 |
[15:11] | I’ll go talk to Chloe. | 我去找克洛伊谈谈 |
[15:13] | Yeah, ’cause Greg’s a saint. | 对 格雷格是圣人 |
[15:14] | I’d marry him if I had the chance. | 我有机会的话愿意嫁给他 |
[15:16] | You heard me. | 没错 |
[15:18] | He always smells like toffee. | 他总是一股太妃糖的味道 |
[15:19] | Stay away from my husband. | 离我老公远点 |
[15:28] | How’d it go at recess today? | 今天课间怎么样 |
[15:30] | Great. | 很好 |
[15:31] | I asked this boy if I could play with his ball. | 我问一个男生我能不能玩他的球 |
[15:33] | He said no, so I punched him in the nose. | 他说不行 我打了他的鼻子 |
[15:35] | He ran away, and I took it. | 他跑开 我拿走了 |
[15:37] | Oh, crap. | 见鬼 |
[15:39] | All the other kids saw, | 其他孩子都看到了 |
[15:40] | so now I just take whatever toys I want. | 现在我想拿什么玩具都行 |
[15:42] | Isn’t it awesome? | 是不是好棒 |
[15:43] | No! | 不 |
[15:45] | This is not awesome. | 这样不好 |
[15:46] | You’re going to get in trouble. | 你会有麻烦的 |
[15:48] | No way. I run that playground. | 不可能 现在操场我说了算 |
[15:50] | Going around punching whoever you want is bad. | 到处打人是不对的 |
[15:52] | No, it’s not. | 不会 |
[15:53] | I punched Oliver and got my seat back. | 我打了奥利弗 抢回了座位 |
[15:55] | I punched a kid at school, and now I have new toys. | 我在学校打了同学 现在我有新玩具 |
[15:58] | And I get to cut in line at the tire swing. | 而且轮胎秋千我可以不用排队 |
[16:00] | Punching people works. | 打人很管用 |
[16:02] | Just like you taught me. | 就像你教我的那样 |
[16:04] | Anna-Kat, promise me you’ll please stop punching people. | 安娜凯特 答应我以后不会再打人 |
[16:09] | Nah. | 不 |
[16:12] | Okay, promise me you won’t tell Mom any of this happened. | 答应我不会告诉妈妈这些事 |
[16:15] | I’ll do what I want to do! | 我想干嘛就干嘛 |
[16:27] | Katie! | 凯蒂 |
[16:28] | You’re trespassing. | 你擅闯民宅 |
[16:31] | I only need five minutes. | 我只需要五分钟 |
[16:32] | Can we talk inside? | 可以进去谈谈吗 |
[16:34] | You know what? It is such a nice day, | 今天天气这么好 |
[16:36] | why don’t we chat on the patio? | 不如在露台上谈 |
[16:37] | Come on. | 来 |
[16:42] | Katie, these are my Adirondack chairs. | 凯蒂 这些是我的阿第伦达克椅 |
[16:45] | Adirondack chairs, you remember Katie. | 阿第伦达克椅 你们还记得凯蒂吧 |
[16:47] | Come on, Katie. Do this for Greg. | 加油 凯蒂 为了格雷格 |
[16:49] | Without him, | 没有他 |
[16:51] | you wouldn’t have Anna-Kat or those other two kids. | 你就不会有安娜凯特 和其他俩孩子 |
[16:53] | So what is it you wanted to discuss? | 你想讨论什么 |
[16:56] | I came here to ask for your help. | 我来找你帮忙 |
[17:00] | Appearance, manners, parenting? | 外表 礼貌 为母之道 |
[17:02] | What are we talking about here? | 想让我帮什么 |
[17:03] | – For you hair? – No. | -发型吗 -不是 |
[17:04] | My husband is miserable without your husband, | 没有你的老公 我老公很难过 |
[17:07] | and I need you to convince Stan | 我需要你说服斯坦 |
[17:09] | to become friends with him again. | 继续做他的朋友 |
[17:11] | Please. | 求你了 |
[17:12] | Consider it done. | 没问题 |
[17:15] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[17:16] | Of course. It’s no skin off my back. Why wouldn’t I help? | 当然 我又没坏处 为什么不帮 |
[17:18] | Well, thank you, Chloe. | 谢谢你 克洛伊 |
[17:21] | I thought this was gonna be, like, a whole — | 我以为会… |
[17:23] | I just need you to answer one question, though. | 不过我需要你回答一个问题 |
[17:24] | There she is. | 果然 |
[17:26] | Did I steal these chairs | 我偷了这些椅子 |
[17:27] | or did I get them fair and square? | 还是我正大光明地拿到的 |
[17:29] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[17:30] | Did I steal these chairs | 我偷了这些椅子 |
[17:33] | or did I get them fair and square? | 还是我正大光明地拿到的 |
[17:38] | The truth is… | 事实是 |
[17:41] | you stole them! | 你偷了 |
[17:43] | You’re nothing but a damn chair thief. | 你就是一个偷椅贼 |
[17:45] | So fun chatting with you. | 和你聊天很开心 |
[17:46] | Say hello to your sad husband for me. | 替我向你伤心的老公问好 |
[17:47] | Chloe, wait. | 克洛伊 等等 |
[17:49] | You’re not a chair thief. | 你不是偷椅贼 |
[17:51] | You got these chairs fair and square. | 你正大光明地拿到这些椅子的 |
[17:54] | There, you happy? | 好了 开心了吗 |
[17:56] | – Now on film. – What? | -现在拍下来 -什么 |
[17:58] | Well, you slandered me on the Internet, | 你在网上诽谤我 |
[17:59] | the least you can do is correct it. | 现在你得纠正 |
[18:01] | Okay, well, then, let’s just get this over with. | 好的 快点了结 |
[18:02] | Great. | 很好 |
[18:03] | So, um… Hey, Internet. | 你好 互联网 |
[18:05] | Wait, could you start it with, “What’s up, my Chlo-riders? | 你这样开头 “好吗 克洛粉们 |
[18:08] | It’s me — Katie.” | 我是凯蒂” |
[18:10] | What’s up, my Chlo-riders? | 好吗 克洛粉们 |
[18:13] | It’s me — Katie. | 我是凯蒂 |
[18:14] | Could you just give me a little more smile in the eyes? | 眼睛多点笑意好吗 |
[18:21] | Hey, Greg, | 格雷格 |
[18:22] | isn’t today the anniversary of the Battle of Ridgefield? | 今天不是里奇菲尔德战役纪念日吗 |
[18:26] | Yes. | 是 |
[18:27] | Well, you should get dressed for battle. | 你应该换好衣服去战斗 |
[18:30] | Your ride just showed up. | 你的司机来了 |
[18:31] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[18:38] | Lieutenant Otto, | 奥图中尉 |
[18:39] | 700 British are advancing on the town. | 700英军朝小镇而来 |
[18:41] | General Wooster needs his officers on the battlefield. | 伍斯特将军需要他的军官上战场 |
[18:44] | Shall we kill some redcoats, sir? | 我们去杀英国兵好吗 先生 |
[18:46] | If I die this day, | 如果我今天牺牲 |
[18:47] | let it be known that I died for freedom! | 那么记住 我是为自由牺牲的 |
[18:50] | I’m gonna go change. | 我去换衣服 |
[18:51] | I’ll be right back. | 马上回来 |
[18:53] | Actually, I’m gonna wait by the car. | 我去车上等 |
[18:54] | – Okay! – Hi, Katie. | -好 -凯蒂 |
[19:05] | – Greg? – I’m fine, I’m fine, yeah. | -格雷格 -我没事 |
[19:13] | Thanks for convincing Stan to take Greg back. | 多谢你说服斯坦和格雷格和好 |
[19:17] | No thanks necessary. | 不必谢我 |
[19:18] | I literally did nothing. | 我什么也没做 |
[19:20] | Stan was miserable without Greg, too. | 没有了格雷格 斯坦也是一团糟 |
[19:22] | And when you came to the house, | 你来我家时 |
[19:23] | he’d already decided to reach out. | 他已经决定来找他了 |
[19:25] | So all those things that I said — | 所以我说的那些话 |
[19:26] | Didn’t have to do any of it. | 根本不必说 |
[19:28] | Well, that is just so funny. | 真是太好玩了 |
[19:30] | But, Katie, for real, you have a lovely lawn. | 说真的 凯蒂 你家草坪很漂亮 |
[19:34] | Only thing missing — Adirondack chairs. | 只缺了一样 阿第伦达克椅 |
[19:39] | I’ll see you around, Kit-Kat. | 回见 凯凯 |
[19:41] | And the worst part is | 最差劲的就是 |
[19:43] | I didn’t tell Greg that I groveled for him, | 我没告诉格雷格我为了他卑躬屈膝 |
[19:45] | so I didn’t even get the marital chips. | 我连婚姻筹码都没拿到 |
[19:47] | Being a halfway-decent wife sucks. | 做半吊子好老婆真没劲 |
[19:53] | And the best part is | 最棒的是 |
[19:54] | these chairs once belonged to Paul Newman. | 这些椅子曾经是保罗·纽曼的 |
[19:56] | Kids, that’s not true. | 孩子们 不是的 |
[19:58] | You wouldn’t know about it, Greg. | 你又不知道 格雷格 |
[19:59] | His time in these chairs was very private. | 他和这些椅子的接触是隐私 |
[20:01] | How’d you convince Chloe to give you the chairs anyway? | 你是怎么说服克洛伊把椅子给你的 |
[20:03] | Ooh, let’s hurry this up. | 快点 |
[20:05] | You two get caught stealing, slap on the wrist. | 你们被抓到偷东西 只会有象征性惩罚 |
[20:06] | I just get seen in someone’s backyard, | 我被看到闯别人家后院 |
[20:08] | I get shot. | 会中枪的 |
[20:09] | I just asked. | 我只是问她了 |
[20:10] | And she could not have been more gracious. | 她真是亲切极了 |
[20:27] | That bitch! | 那个贱人 |
[20:29] | Oh, that dirty little | 那个不要脸的… |
[20:31] | I’m gonna take those chairs and run them right up her ass! | 我会拿回椅子塞进她的菊花里 |
[20:34] | No!! | 不 |
[20:39] | My chairs! | 我的椅子 |
[20:42] | My beautiful chairs! | 我漂亮的椅子 |
[20:47] | Move. | 走开 |
[20:54] | Whatever happened between the two of you, | 无论你俩之间发生了什么事 |
[20:56] | I love it. | 我很喜欢 |