时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Come on, get in the car — Family breakfast. | 快点上车 家庭早餐 |
[00:03] | Mom, I have to practice my squat jumps for volleyball. | 妈 我得为排球练习蹲跳 |
[00:05] | Your what? Oh, good Lord. | 你什么 老天爷 |
[00:07] | If I did that, | 如果我这样做 |
[00:09] | Anna-Kat wouldn’t be the only one peeing in the yard. | 在院子里撒尿的就不只是安娜凯特了 |
[00:10] | Get in the car. | 快上车 |
[00:12] | Oh, and we have to stop by Office Depot. | 我们得去下办公用品店 |
[00:14] | I need to make some posters for the school’s recycling drive — | 我得为学校的回收活动印些海报 |
[00:16] | – chairman. – You can start by recycling | -我是主席 -你可以先回收 |
[00:19] | that stupid blue bag from The New York Times | 《纽约时报》的蓝色袋子 |
[00:22] | that you leave next to the toilet every day. | 你每天放在马桶边的 |
[00:24] | – Do I have to go? – Yes! | -我一定要去吗 -是的 |
[00:26] | I want a fun family outing. Now get in the car. | 我要的是有趣的家庭集体外出 上车 |
[00:30] | Mom, we talked about the sweat pants — | 妈 我们说过运动裤的事 |
[00:32] | Westporters get dressed to go out in public. | 西港人精心打扮后才会去公共场所 |
[00:35] | We’re not Westporters. | 我们不是西港人 |
[00:36] | We are renters who live in Westport. | 我们只是租房子住在西港 |
[00:37] | It is a small distinction, but I cling to it. | 有微小的差别 但我坚持 |
[00:40] | Now, get in the car. | 现在给我上车 |
[00:45] | Mama, I found this on the windshield. | 妈妈 我在挡风玻璃上发现的 |
[00:47] | A “Concerned” Neighbor thinks | “关心的”邻居觉得 |
[00:49] | we should get the dent in our minivan fixed. | 我们应该修好车上的凹痕 |
[00:51] | It’s sullying the neighborhood. | 这样有损社区形象 |
[00:54] | And look at that — unsigned. | 看 没签名 |
[00:56] | There’s something very wrong with this place. | 这个地方真是有毛病 |
[00:59] | Coward! | 胆小鬼 |
[01:14] | Anna-Kat, the weird-versus-cute ratio | 安娜凯特 怪异和可爱的比例 |
[01:17] | is getting way out of whack. | 已经乱套了 |
[01:19] | Don’t talk to your sister like that. | 别这样跟妹妹说话 |
[01:20] | She’s always embarrassing me. | 她总是让我丢脸 |
[01:21] | You should see how she walks down the hall at school. | 你们应该看看她是怎么走学校走道的 |
[01:28] | Hey, isn’t that your sister? | 那不是你妹妹吗 |
[01:31] | Yeah. She’s feral. We found her in the woods. | 她是狼孩 我们在树林里捡到她的 |
[01:35] | I don’t care if she’s setting the teachers’ lounge on fire. | 就算她把老师休息室烧了我也不在乎 |
[01:38] | You’re her brother, and you need to have her back. | 你是她哥 你得支持她 |
[01:40] | Just in case… | 以防万一 |
[01:41] | I actually do care if you set the teachers’ lounge on fire. | 你真把老师休息室烧了我还是在乎的 |
[01:44] | No cellphones. | 不准玩手机 |
[01:46] | I have rights. | 我有权利 |
[01:47] | Isn’t that cute? | 她真可爱 |
[01:49] | No, you don’t. | 你没有 |
[01:50] | Whoever told you that is not helping you. | 跟你说这话的人没有帮到你 |
[01:53] | I am in charge, | 我说了算 |
[01:55] | and we are going to have a low-tech family breakfast | 我们要吃顿没有电子产品的家庭早餐 |
[01:57] | like we used to do back home. | 就像在家里一样 |
[01:58] | Westport is our home. We’re not visiting. | 西港就是我们的家 我们不是在走亲戚 |
[02:00] | You know, I saw on Facebook that everyone from our old cul-de-sac | 我在脸书上看到咱们老家的人 |
[02:02] | got together for the annual kickball game. | 聚在一起举行年度踢球赛 |
[02:04] | Carl made that punch in a trash can that he always brings. | 卡尔做了他每次都会带去的垃圾桶装的潘趣酒 |
[02:07] | What’s that stuff called? | 那玩意儿叫什么来着 |
[02:08] | Trash Can Punch. | 垃圾桶潘趣酒 |
[02:09] | Yeah, that makes sense. | 有道理 |
[02:10] | They didn’t even think to invite us. | 他们没想到邀请我们 |
[02:12] | Because we don’t live there anymore. | 因为我们不住那里了 |
[02:14] | We still kind of live there. | 我们依然算是住在那里 |
[02:16] | In no way, shape, or form do we live there. | 我们绝对一定肯定没住那里 |
[02:19] | That’s why I said “Kind of.” | 所以我说”算是” |
[02:21] | I’m bored. | 我好无聊 |
[02:23] | Okay, let’s play a family game. I Spy. Who wants to go first? | 我们来玩家庭游戏”我看到” 谁先来 |
[02:25] | I’d love to go first. | 我先来 |
[02:28] | I spy Alice coming in, and I spy you in sweat pants, | 我看到爱丽丝进来 我看到你穿着运动裤 |
[02:32] | so I spy me going over to her. | 所以我看到自己去她那边 |
[02:35] | It’s “I spy with my little eye”! | 应该说”我的眼睛看到” |
[02:37] | Oh! I spy with my little eye the girls from the volleyball team. | 我的眼睛看到了排球队的女生 |
[02:44] | I Spy is really bringing this family together. | “我看到”真是让一家人拉近了距离 |
[02:46] | Why don’t they want to eat with us? | 他们为什么不想和我们一起吃饭 |
[02:48] | You should be happy they’re making friends. | 他们交朋友你应该高兴 |
[02:49] | Yeah, Westport friends. | 西港的朋友 |
[02:51] | Look at them — They’re probably talking about | 看他们 可能在说 |
[02:54] | their Christmas vacation in Turks and Caicos. | 在特克斯和凯科斯群岛的圣诞假期 |
[02:56] | I am angry that I even know what Turks and Caicos is now. | 我生气 我现在甚至知道特克斯和凯科斯群岛 |
[02:59] | And look at Taylor and her friends — | 看泰勒和她的朋友 |
[03:01] | They are splitting a muffin four ways. Why? | 一个松饼分四份 为什么 |
[03:03] | Because this town muffin shames women, and it starts early. | 因为在这里女人吃松饼是件丑事 从少女时代起 |
[03:06] | I just wanted to do something as a family, | 我只想我们一家人一起做点什么 |
[03:08] | and this town is getting in our way. | 这个地方妨碍我们了 |
[03:13] | Can I have some cream? | 可以给我点奶油吗 |
[03:14] | Soy, almond, cashew, or lactose-free? | 大豆杏仁腰果还是无乳糖的 |
[03:16] | Half-and-half. | 一半一半 |
[03:18] | Half almond, half soy? | 一半杏仁一半大豆吗 |
[03:19] | No. Half milk, half fatter milk. | 不 一半牛奶一半高脂奶 |
[03:22] | Oh, I’m sorry. We stopped carrying cream. | 抱歉 我们不提供奶油了 |
[03:24] | Nobody wants it, because it’s very unhealthy for you. | 没人需要 因为对你非常不健康 |
[03:27] | No — This was not the day to say that. | 不 今天不宜说这话 |
[03:30] | I want cream and other normal stuff. | 我要奶油和其他正常的东西 |
[03:33] | I object to gluten-free pancakes, | 我拒绝无谷蛋白煎饼 |
[03:35] | turkey bacon, and almond soy milk! | 火鸡培根 杏仁豆奶 |
[03:37] | I want real milk. | 我要真正的牛奶 |
[03:38] | Why can’t any of you in this town be normal and regular? | 你们这里的人为什么不能表现正常 |
[03:41] | And why can’t any of you | 你们为什么都不能 |
[03:43] | drink cocktails out of a trash can like the rest of America?! | 像其他美国人一样喝垃圾桶里的鸡尾酒 |
[03:55] | This might be why they don’t want to eat with us. | 这可能是他们不想和我们一起吃饭的原因 |
[03:59] | Well, that about wraps up the popular phase of our childhood. | 我们受欢迎的童年时期到此结束 |
[04:03] | The cream was my last straw. | 奶油是压死我的最后一根稻草 |
[04:05] | Now I get why Fat Pam moved away. | 现在我明白为什么胖帕姆要搬走 |
[04:07] | I wonder what her last straw was. | 不知道压死她的最后一根稻草是什么 |
[04:08] | Maybe she got her arm stuck in one of those tiny blouses | 也许她的胳膊卡在了主大道上 |
[04:11] | that they sell on Main Street and couldn’t get it out. | 卖的小衬衫里 脱不下来 |
[04:13] | Then the seam split, she had to roll it up in a ball, | 然后开线了 她只能把衬衫卷成团 |
[04:15] | hide it in her pants, | 藏在裤子里 |
[04:16] | and then throw it out in the ladies’ room. | 从女厕所里扔出去 |
[04:17] | I’m worried about how specific that example was. | 这个例子也太详细了吧 |
[04:20] | No bright-siding it — We just don’t fit in, | 别找好的一面 我们就是无法融入 |
[04:23] | and I haven’t liked it since the minute we got here. | 我一到这里就不喜欢这个地方 |
[04:34] | I love it! I have such a good feeling about this! | 我喜欢 感觉好极了 |
[04:38] | Hello! | 你们好 |
[04:40] | Hi! I’m Katie. | 你好 我是凯蒂 |
[04:42] | – Ah, nice to meet you. – This is my husband, Greg. | -很高兴见到你 -这是我丈夫格雷格 |
[04:44] | – Hello. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[04:45] | And this is Taylor and Oliver. | 这是泰勒和奥利弗 |
[04:47] | Hi. You play volleyball? | 你好 你打排球吗 |
[04:49] | – Yes. – Westport Unified has a great team. | -是的 -西港联合学校的校队非常棒 |
[04:51] | Oh, good to know. | 太好了 |
[04:53] | I played when I went there — State champions, 1956. | 我上学的时候也打球 1956年州冠军 |
[04:56] | Yeah, but do you have a Quidditch team? | 你们有魁地奇队吗 |
[04:58] | Oliver’s going through a very intense Harry Potter phase. | 奥利弗正经历哈利·波特狂热阶段 |
[05:01] | We still like him, but it’s been a struggle. | 我们还是喜欢他 但挺纠结的 |
[05:02] | Come on in. I’ll show you the place. | 来吧 我带你们看房子 |
[05:04] | You two go wait in the car. | 你们两个在车上等着 |
[05:05] | To Platform 9 3/4! | 去9又3/4站台 |
[05:10] | That Lemony Snicket phase is looking pretty good right about now. | 真心怀念雷蒙·斯尼奇的狂热阶段 |
[05:13] | – They can come in. – Oh, no. | -他们可以进来 -不 |
[05:14] | Our youngest daughter Anna-Kat is in the car. | 我们的小女儿安娜凯特在车上 |
[05:16] | She is afraid of strangers, lawns, and germs. | 她害怕陌生人 草坪和细菌 |
[05:18] | We’re actually moving to Westport to help her… | 我们就是想搬来西港治疗她的 |
[05:19] | …so hopefully she’ll be rolling around your lawn | 希望她将来可以和陌生人一起在你家草坪上打滚 |
[05:21] | covered with germs with a stranger. | 全身沾满细菌 |
[05:23] | Okay! Well, come on in. | 好的 进来 |
[05:27] | So, that’s it. | 看完了 |
[05:31] | It’s really nice, but I don’t know. | 真是不错 但我不知道 |
[05:34] | It’s a little out of our price range. | 价格有点超出我们的承受能力 |
[05:36] | Maybe we should look at other towns. | 也许我们应该去其他地方看看 |
[05:38] | – You see like down-to-Earth people. – We are. | -你们看起来很接地气 -是的 |
[05:40] | We’re very respectful of the laws of gravity. | 我们非常尊重重力 |
[05:42] | He makes jokes like that. | 他是这样开玩笑的 |
[05:45] | I like you two. | 我喜欢你们 |
[05:46] | If you’re interested, | 如果你们有兴趣 |
[05:47] | I’ll figure out a way to make it work. | 我来想办法 |
[05:53] | Well, thank — | 谢 |
[05:54] | Thank you very — | 谢谢你 |
[05:55] | Well, that’s our Anna-Kat. | 是安娜凯特 |
[05:56] | She also doesn’t like confined spaces or cars. | 她也不喜欢密闭空间和车 |
[05:58] | But bright side — She hates Harry Potter. | 但好的一面 她讨厌哈利·波特 |
[06:01] | What’d you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[06:02] | I’m not sure. Do we belong in a fancy town like this? | 我不确定 我们能住在这么高档的地方吗 |
[06:06] | Well, hello. I’m Pam. I live across the street. | 你好 我是帕姆 住在对面 |
[06:09] | Katie. | 我是凯蒂 |
[06:10] | I’m Greg. | 我是格雷格 |
[06:12] | I’m gonna go deal with that. | 我去处理一下 |
[06:13] | Are you thinking of moving in? | 你在考虑搬来吗 |
[06:15] | – Maybe. – Oh, well, you just have to. | -也许 -你一定得来 |
[06:17] | Well, I don’t know much about the town. | 我对这个地方不太了解 |
[06:19] | Oh, the people of Westport are so warm and welcoming. | 西港人非常热情好客 |
[06:22] | You have to rent it. I just can’t let you go! | 你必须租下来 我不能放你走 |
[06:26] | Could I do such a thing? | 我会这样做吗 |
[06:28] | Could I trick this lady into moving here | 我会骗这个女人搬到这里 |
[06:30] | so there’d be another fat housewife in Westport? | 这样西港又多了一个胖家庭主妇吗 |
[06:32] | Fudge? | 吃糖 |
[06:33] | You are so sweet. | 你真是好人 |
[06:36] | Apparently, I could. | 显然我会这样做 |
[06:38] | I think I’m gonna love it here. | 我想我会喜欢这里的 |
[06:42] | She tricked me. Damn you, Fat Pam. | 她骗了我 见鬼 胖帕姆 |
[06:55] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[06:57] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[06:59] | They’re selling our lawn. | 他们要卖我们的草坪 |
[07:03] | You have no right to sell our house out from under us. | 你不能在我们还住着就卖掉我们的房子 |
[07:06] | Yes, I know it’s not our house, | 我知道这不是我们的房子 |
[07:07] | and you have every right to do it, so I was wrong about that. | 你有权利 我说错了 |
[07:09] | But surely you have some sense of moral obligation? | 但你肯定有道德责任感吧 |
[07:12] | Okay, so I was wrong about that, too. | 这点我也错了 |
[07:14] | To be fair, you don’t own the house, your mother does, | 公平来说 房子不是你的 是你母亲的 |
[07:17] | so I would like to have her contact information. | 所以我需要她的联系方式 |
[07:20] | No, I am not going to do that to myself. | 不 我不会对自己这样做 |
[07:23] | Wow. Don just went premium cable at the end there. | 唐刚才说了有线台才能看到的限制级语言 |
[07:26] | Why don’t we just buy the house? | 我们为什么不买下房子呢 |
[07:28] | I’ll give you several million reasons why we can’t do that. | 我可以给你几百万个不能买的理由 |
[07:30] | We can rent. | 我们另租 |
[07:31] | There’s a place on Bayberry Lane for $17,000 a month. | 杨梅巷有房子月租一万七 |
[07:34] | I’ll give you 15,000 reasons why we can’t do that. | 我可以给你一万五千个不能租的理由 |
[07:36] | What do we do? | 怎么办 |
[07:38] | Move — to a normal town with normal people | 搬到一个住着正常人的正常地方 |
[07:42] | with restaurants that have normal coffee additives. | 餐馆里有着正常的咖啡伴侣 |
[07:44] | – We can’t leave Westport! – We’re all happy here. | -我们不能离开西港 -我们在这里都很开心 |
[07:46] | Not all of us. This is a sign that we should move. | 不是所有人都开心 这是我们应该搬家的征兆 |
[07:50] | And there is a literal sign in our front yard | 而且前院有块实实在在的牌子[征兆] |
[07:52] | telling us that we have to move. | 告诉我们必须搬家 |
[07:54] | So it’s a sign and a sign. | 所以这是征兆加征兆 |
[07:57] | I won’t accept that. You know what? | 我不接受 知道吗 |
[07:59] | We don’t need Don to tell us where his mother is. | 我们不需要唐说出他母亲的下落 |
[08:02] | We can look up Linda Smith online | 可以在网上查琳达·史密斯 |
[08:03] | and convince her to change her mind. | 说服她改变主意 |
[08:05] | Linda Smith. | 琳达·史密斯 |
[08:08] | I’ll give you 14,753 reasons why that won’t work. | 我可以给你14753个理由为什么网上找行不通 |
[08:13] | Right. | 对 |
[08:17] | I know Taylor and Oliver would be mad | 我知道如果我们搬到这样的地方 |
[08:19] | if we moved to a town like this, | 泰勒和奥利弗会生气 |
[08:20] | but they were mad the first time that we moved, | 但我们第一次搬家他们也生气 |
[08:22] | and they got over it. | 后来就好了 |
[08:23] | Well, what about Anna-Kat? | 安娜凯特呢 |
[08:24] | She’s taken a bit of a step back lately. | 她最近有些退步 |
[08:26] | Dr. Ellie says it’s all part of the process, but I don’t know. | 埃莉医生说会有这种情况 但我不知道 |
[08:29] | Maybe a fresh start someplace new is exactly what she needs. | 也许在新地方有个新开始是她需要的 |
[08:35] | – Do you have any soy milk? – No. | -有豆奶吗 -没 |
[08:38] | – Cashew milk? – No. | -腰果奶 -没 |
[08:39] | – Lactose-free? – No. | -无乳糖的 -没 |
[08:41] | Rice milk? | 米奶 |
[08:44] | Any other questions? | 还有其他问题吗 |
[08:46] | No. You’ve answered them all correctly. | 没有 你的答案全部正确 |
[08:48] | This table is sticky. | 桌子有些粘粘的 |
[08:52] | I’m supposed to bus my own table? | 我要自己擦桌子吗 |
[08:54] | I am a U.S. Citizen. | 我是美国公民 |
[08:56] | Look at him — He doesn’t care. | 看他 根本不在乎 |
[08:58] | None of these people care here. | 这里没人在乎 |
[09:00] | They’re not worried what they’re wearing | 他们不担心衣着 |
[09:01] | or how many calories are in egg whites | 或是蛋白有多少卡路里 |
[09:03] | or if they brushed their teeth this morning. | 今早刷牙了没有 |
[09:05] | Did you not brush your teeth this morning? | 你今天早上没刷牙吗 |
[09:09] | Not sure. | 不确定 |
[09:10] | A town like this is where I belong, | 我属于这样的地方 |
[09:13] | – not Westport. – Katie, you can’t move. | -不属于西港 -凯蒂 你不能搬走 |
[09:16] | Think about us — Without you, | 想想我们 没有你 |
[09:17] | we’re just two wealthy minorities | 我们只是两个有钱的非白人 |
[09:19] | sitting on the same side of a table. | 坐在桌子的同一边 |
[09:26] | Aren’t you gonna miss this? | 难道你不会想念这些吗 |
[09:28] | I mean, Westport is beautiful. | 西港很美 |
[09:30] | I know, but nothing in there fits me, | 我知道 但这里没有适合我的 |
[09:33] | a candle in there costs $300… | 一个蜡烛卖三百块 |
[09:35] | …and there’s a restaurant that will serve you | 有家餐厅的三道菜 |
[09:37] | an entire three-course meal inside a mason jar. | 全装在一个玻璃罐里 |
[09:40] | Still, you can’t move. | 但你还是不能搬走 |
[09:41] | Move? You can’t move. | 搬走 你不能搬 |
[09:43] | If you move, that’ll make me | 你搬走了 我就成了 |
[09:45] | the second-fattest housewife in Westport. | 西港第二胖的家庭主妇 |
[09:56] | What’s this? | 什么事 |
[09:57] | Sit. | 坐下 |
[10:01] | This is an intervention. | 这是劝诫会 |
[10:02] | So, I want to review the rules — | 我再确认下规矩 |
[10:04] | We can say anything we want to say to Mom | 想对妈妈说什么都行 |
[10:05] | without repercussions? | 没有后果吗 |
[10:07] | – Yes. – Okay. I’ll go first. | -是 -我先来 |
[10:09] | Mom, your wanting to move makes me feel… | 妈 你想搬走令我觉得 |
[10:13] | She just walked away. | 她就这样走了 |
[10:14] | Huh. I did not account for that. | 我没想到会这样 |
[10:17] | You know, I promised the kids | 我跟孩子们保证了 |
[10:18] | you’d listen to what they had to say. | 你会听他们说些什么 |
[10:20] | Yeah, I got that… | 我知道 |
[10:21] | …but no thank you. | 不用 谢谢 |
[10:23] | What’s going on, honey? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[10:24] | Oliver has his first girlfriend, | 奥利弗有了初恋女友 |
[10:26] | Taylor is the captain of the volleyball team, | 泰勒是排球队的队长 |
[10:28] | and Anna-Kat is finally making friends, | 安娜凯特终于交了朋友 |
[10:29] | I’m Chairman of the — | 我当上了主席 |
[10:31] | I do not want to hear about the Recycling Committee. | 我不想听回收委员会的事 |
[10:32] | It’s not a hard position to acquire. | 想得到这一职位又不难 |
[10:34] | Sounds like the First Lady of Recycling | 听起来回收委员会第一夫人 |
[10:36] | needs an attitude adjustment. | 要调整下态度 |
[10:37] | The kids don’t want to move. | 孩子们不想搬家 |
[10:38] | You would have heard that if you had stayed for the intervention. | 如果你刚才留下来就会听到 |
[10:40] | I am not going to be lectured by my children. | 我不会让孩子们教育我 |
[10:43] | They destroyed my body and my career | 他们毁了我的身材和事业 |
[10:45] | and almost all my furniture. | 还有几乎全部家具 |
[10:47] | But you’re the one who was always pushing | 但是你总是逼着大家 |
[10:49] | for family breakfasts and family outings and — | 吃家庭餐 一起外出 |
[10:52] | I am done being judged by all the supermodel mommies | 我已经受够了在没化妆送孩子上学时 |
[10:54] | when I drop the kids off without a full face of makeup. | 那些超模妈妈们对我指指点点 |
[10:56] | I am done with them telling me that my car is dented | 我受够了她们告诉我 我的车有凹痕 |
[11:00] | and that I have to wear a bra in the grocery store. | 我去杂货店时得戴文胸 |
[11:02] | I’m done with this place, Greg. | 我受够这里了 格雷格 |
[11:04] | And seeing that sign go up in our yard | 看到院子里竖着的牌子 |
[11:06] | just made it all clear to me. | 令我更加清楚了 |
[11:17] | You know, I let you be captain of this ship most of the time, | 大部分时间我让你做主 |
[11:20] | because you enjoy it, | 因为你喜欢这样做 |
[11:21] | and you’re better at picking TV shows than I am. | 你比我会选电视节目 |
[11:23] | But just so that we’re on the same page, | 但我们是同一战线的 |
[11:25] | everything you just listed — They’re all about you. | 你刚说的一切 全是关于你的 |
[11:29] | Nothing about how the kids feel about this place or how I feel, | 无视了孩子们和我对这个地方的看法 |
[11:32] | but I guess that’s all that matters — How you feel. | 我想只有你的感受才是重要的 |
[11:40] | Mom, your wanting to move makes me feel — | 妈 你想搬家让我觉得 |
[11:50] | What is she doing? | 她在做什么 |
[11:56] | Mom, what is going on? | 妈 出什么事了 |
[11:59] | I may not belong here, but the rest of you do, | 也许我不属于这里 但你们属于这里 |
[12:03] | and that’s what counts. | 这就行了 |
[12:05] | Let’s do this. | 我们来 |
[12:18] | You realize the house is still for sale, right? | 你们知道这房子依然要被卖掉吧 |
[12:23] | I ruined the moment. | 我毁了这一刻 |
[12:32] | Okay — shut the curtains and lock the doors. | 好了 关上窗户锁上门 |
[12:34] | They can’t buy what they can’t see. | 看不到的没法买 |
[12:41] | Hello? Anyone home? | 你好 有人在吗 |
[12:43] | My key doesn’t work. | 我的钥匙打不开 |
[12:44] | We changed the locks. Go away. | 我们换了锁 走开 |
[12:46] | This house is not for sale. | 这房子不卖的 |
[12:47] | It is. That sign with my name on it says so. | 卖的 上面有我名字的牌子表示要卖 |
[12:50] | Just open up. This tray of cookies is getting heavy. | 打开 这盘饼干很重的 |
[12:55] | We’re not going anywhere. | 我们哪里也不会去 |
[12:57] | Yeah! You, Todd! | 对 陶德 |
[12:59] | Too much? | 太过分了吗 |
[13:01] | You know, people don’t really need to see the inside. | 其实别人不用看里面 |
[13:03] | Whoever buys this house is just gonna tear it down. | 无论谁买 反正会拆掉 |
[13:06] | Then we’re going down with it, | 那我们就和房子同归于尽 |
[13:07] | like Benjamin Guggenheim in the Titanic. | 就像泰坦尼克号上的本杰明·古根海根一样 |
[13:10] | Good reference, baby. | 说得好 宝贝 |
[13:11] | This is a very bad situation, but a very good cookie. | 情况真糟 饼干真好吃 |
[13:15] | The real-estate agent is right. | 房地产经纪人说得对 |
[13:16] | Whoever buys this house is just gonna tear it down. | 谁买下都会把房子拆掉 |
[13:19] | I wonder if the landlord thought of that. | 不知道房东想到这点没 |
[13:23] | Don, what can we do to make you reconsider? | 唐 我们要怎样做才能让你重新考虑 |
[13:26] | That’s easy — Outbid the cash offer that’s already come in. | 简单 出价比别人高 |
[13:29] | Or you could take a look at this. | 或者你可以看看这个 |
[13:30] | Is it a pile of cash? | 是一堆现金吗 |
[13:32] | You can’t put a price tag on these. | 这些是无价的 |
[13:34] | It’s a box of your old stuff. | 是一箱你以前的东西 |
[13:36] | We found it in the basement. | 我们在地下室找到的 |
[13:44] | I haven’t seen this baseball glove in 30 years. | 我有30年没见过这个棒球手套了 |
[13:47] | – Takes you back, doesn’t it? – Yeah. | -让你想到过去对吗 -对 |
[13:50] | You probably have a lot of memories in this house. | 你在这栋房子里有很多回忆吧 |
[13:51] | Sure do. | 当然 |
[13:53] | Just so you know, when someone buys this place, | 你得知道 别人买了后 |
[13:56] | they’re gonna tear it down. | 会拆掉的 |
[13:57] | Flatten it like it was never there. | 夷为平地 好似从来不存在过 |
[13:59] | And all those childhood memories… | 所有的童年回忆 |
[14:01] | All those precious childhood memories. | 所有宝贵的童年回忆 |
[14:04] | …they’ll go down with it. | 全都没有了 |
[14:05] | In a cloud of dust scattered across the fruited plains. | 随一阵尘土消散在大地上 |
[14:15] | I’m sick of it — | 我受够了 |
[14:17] | You bought your mistress an apartment. | 你给小三买了房子 |
[14:19] | Why don’t you move in with her? | 你怎么不搬去和她住 |
[14:20] | Get out of my life! | 滚出我的生活 |
[14:21] | You’re drunk again! You’re always drunk! | 你又喝醉了 你总是醉醺醺的 |
[14:27] | Yeah, lots of memories — | 好多回忆 |
[14:30] | all bad. | 全是坏的 |
[14:31] | I hope they level this place. | 希望他们拆掉这里 |
[14:33] | You look like you’re gonna cry. Use this. | 你看起来快哭了 用这个 |
[14:42] | We are not going to give up. | 我们不会放弃的 |
[14:44] | We’re going to call every Linda Smith | 我们会打给三州区的所有琳达·史密斯 |
[14:46] | in the tri-state area until we find your mom. | 直到找到你妈妈 |
[14:48] | She went back to her maiden name when my dad died. | 我爸去世后她就改回娘家姓了 |
[14:50] | You’ll never find her. | 你们永远找不到她 |
[14:53] | That’s where my cat Helen had her last diabetic seizure. | 我的猫海伦最后一次发糖尿病癫痫就在这里 |
[15:00] | He’s already getting offers. We’re out of time. | 已经有人出价了 快没时间了 |
[15:03] | I’m afraid it’s over. | 恐怕只能这样了 |
[15:04] | No, it’s not. We just have to find the woman who owns the house. | 没有 只要找到这房子的主人就行 |
[15:07] | Who’s gonna get her up to speed? Not it. | 谁来跟她解释 我不干 |
[15:10] | Group photos of all the championship teams | 所有冠军队的集体照 |
[15:12] | are on the trophy case | 都在奖杯橱窗里 |
[15:13] | with the players’ names written underneath. | 下面有选手的名字 |
[15:15] | Mrs. Smith was on the 1956 championship team. | 史密斯太太是1956年冠军队的 |
[15:18] | The photo would have her maiden name. | 照片上是她的娘家姓 |
[15:19] | You are a genius. | 你是天才 |
[15:21] | Right? | 对吧 |
[15:23] | Okay. Spell “Genius.” | “天才”怎么拼写的 |
[15:26] | Honey, walk away. Leave a winner. | 亲爱的 算了 得意一次就行 |
[15:28] | Problem — The school’s locked | 问题是 学校锁门了 |
[15:30] | and Don’s gonna try to sell this place as fast as he can. | 唐会尽快卖掉房子 |
[15:33] | Monday’s gonna be too late. | 星期一就太迟了 |
[15:34] | Unless a member of the family | 除非有一名家庭成员 |
[15:36] | were an elected committee official entrusted with… | 是当选的委员会官员 被给予了 |
[15:39] | a key to the school. | 学校的钥匙 |
[15:41] | Oh, my God, something good has finally come from volunteering. | 我的天 做义工终于有了回报 |
[15:51] | The trophy case is at the end of the hall. | 奖杯橱窗在走道尽头 |
[15:56] | Motion sensors to the alarm. | 连接报警器的感应器 |
[15:58] | This isn’t gonna work. | 这样不行 |
[15:59] | How are we gonna get past them? | 我们怎么过去 |
[16:00] | – We’re not. – We should just go for it. | -过不去 -我们直接过去 |
[16:01] | We can’t just go for it. | 不能直接过去 |
[16:03] | I’m Chairman of the Recycling Committee. | 我是回收委员会的主席 |
[16:04] | If we get caught, that could all go away. | 如果被抓 主席可能当不成了 |
[16:06] | Are the motion sensors those little red lights | 感应器就是那些小红灯 |
[16:09] | that flash when people walk by? | 有人走过时会闪吗 |
[16:11] | – Yeah. – I can get past those without them blinking. | -对 -我可以走过 而且它们不闪 |
[16:13] | I do it every day. | 我每天都这样做 |
[16:17] | So that’s why you walk down the hall like that. | 所以你才那样在走道上走路 |
[16:19] | It’s bad luck to make them blink. | 让它们闪会有噩运的 |
[16:22] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[17:05] | I just realized we didn’t all have to do this. | 我刚发现我们不必都这样做 |
[17:07] | I don’t care. We’re having a fun family outing. | 我不在乎 这是有趣的家庭外出 |
[17:10] | Now, let’s find Don’s mom. | 现在来找唐的妈妈 |
[17:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:15] | I think that’s her — Linda Tepper. | 我想这是她 琳达·泰珀 |
[17:18] | Linda Tepper. Good. | 琳达·泰珀 太好了 |
[17:20] | I’m gonna throw you all for a loop here — | 我要让你们震惊一下 |
[17:22] | Good job, Taylor. Good job, Anna-Kat. | 做得好 泰勒 做得好 安娜凯特 |
[17:24] | All right. Let’s go. | 好了 我们走 |
[17:29] | There’s no way I’m doing that again. | 绝对不可能我再这样做 |
[17:33] | Babe, I’ll be stripped of my position! | 亲爱的 我会被解职的 |
[17:34] | You’re the only idiot who wants that job. | 只有你这个白痴想要这个职位 |
[17:48] | – Ms. Tepper? – Yes? | -泰珀女士 -什么事 |
[17:50] | Katie and Greg Otto — We rent your house in Westport. | 我们是奥图夫妇 租了你西港的房子 |
[17:53] | Of course! Look at you. | 当然了 看你 |
[17:56] | You stayed the same. | 一点没变 |
[17:57] | Every woman who moves to Westport | 每个搬到西港的女人 |
[17:59] | starves herself to fit in. | 为了融入都饿肚子 |
[18:00] | I was afraid you might, too. | 我担心你也这样 |
[18:02] | Nope. I’d like to say I tried, but I didn’t. | 没有 我想说我尝试过 但我没有 |
[18:05] | We’d love to talk to you about selling the house. | 我们想谈谈卖房子的事 |
[18:07] | Don told me you were moving. | 唐告诉我 你们要搬走了 |
[18:08] | Well, that’s true, but only because he’s kicking us out. | 是的 那是因为他赶我们走 |
[18:10] | That kid… | 那孩子 |
[18:12] | 50 years old, and he is still giving me headaches. | 50岁了 还让我头痛 |
[18:16] | It never ends. | 真没个头 |
[18:17] | Please don’t tell me that. | 我太懂了 |
[18:21] | I thought you couldn’t take it anymore and wanted to move on, | 我以为你们受不了想搬走 |
[18:23] | just like I did. | 像我一样 |
[18:24] | I have my days, believe me. | 我有不顺心的时候 相信我 |
[18:26] | I get it. I grew up there. | 我明白 我在那里长大的 |
[18:28] | Then all these stuck-up people moved in, | 然后那些自大的人搬来 |
[18:31] | the town started changing. | 那里开始改变 |
[18:32] | The last straw for me | 压死我的最后一根稻草 |
[18:33] | was when Garrity’s Liquor store was turned into a juice bar. | 是加里蒂的酒类专卖变成了果汁吧 |
[18:36] | – Bastards. – Juice. | -混蛋 -果汁 |
[18:38] | What is it with Westport and the juice? | 西港怎么那么喜欢果汁 |
[18:40] | She really doesn’t like juice. | 她真心不喜欢果汁 |
[18:42] | So I quit — I quit Westport. | 所以我退出 我离开了西港 |
[18:44] | And when I met you, | 我见到你时 |
[18:45] | I thought you are just what that place needs, | 我觉得你正是那里需要的 |
[18:47] | that you would give them all a much-needed kick in the ass. | 你可以好好踢踢他们的屁股 |
[18:51] | She didn’t let you down. | 她可没让你失望 |
[18:52] | She kicks so much ass, she doesn’t have time to take names. | 她踢了太多 都没时间记名字了 |
[18:55] | He still makes jokes like that. | 他还是这样开玩笑 |
[18:57] | You and your family can live there as long as you like | 你们一家想住多久都行 |
[19:00] | for the same rent, as long as you keep giving them hell. | 房租不变 你一直给他们不痛快就行 |
[19:04] | Deal. | 没问题 |
[19:06] | And if we could put that whole “Rent forever” thing in writing, | 如果白纸黑字写下”永远出租且房租不变” |
[19:10] | I’d feel a lot more comfortable. | 我会觉得更心安 |
[19:14] | So, we are staying put for good. | 我们永远都可以住下来了 |
[19:17] | I am so happy. | 我太开心了 |
[19:20] | Doris and I practiced having breakfast without you. | 多瑞丝和我练习没你的二人早餐 |
[19:22] | – It was bad. – So bad. | -悲剧 – 太悲剧了 |
[19:24] | I had to sit across from her | 我得坐在她对面 |
[19:25] | and watch her miss her mouth with her straw | 看着她的嘴喝不到吸管 |
[19:27] | over and over and over. | 一次一次又一次 |
[19:29] | All this is a lot of negative energy for one person to absorb. | 这么多的负能量一个人吃不消 |
[19:32] | We need you. | 我们需要你 |
[19:34] | Just give it to me straight — | 直说吧 |
[19:36] | What is the least-weird milk product you’ve got? | 你们最不奇怪的乳制品是什么 |
[19:38] | – Here’s some cream. – But I thought — | -有奶油 -但我以为 |
[19:40] | We started carrying it again — just for you. | 又开始提供了 就为了你 |
[19:43] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[19:44] | You guys did that just for me? Do you even know my name? | 你们为了我这样做吗 你知道我的名字吗 |
[19:50] | Angry lady, extra bacon? | 愤怒的女士 多加培根吗 |
[19:53] | Close enough. | 差不多了 |
[20:01] | The truth is, I had no idea what I was getting into | 事实是 我们搬来这里时 |
[20:05] | when we moved to this town. | 我不知道会面对什么 |
[20:07] | But now, well, now I know. | 但现在 现在我知道 |
[20:10] | Westport is the land of hot moms and coddled kids, | 西港到处是辣妈和被溺爱的孩子 |
[20:13] | golden doodles and avocado toast, | 金色泰迪犬和牛油果吐司 |
[20:16] | alkaline water and coffee colonics. | 碱性水和咖啡清肠 |
[20:18] | It’s everything I can’t stand. | 这些我统统受不了 |
[20:20] | But for better or worse… | 但无论怎样 |
[20:23] | it’s our home. | 这里是我们的家 |