时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Westport Unified has its cliques, for sure. | 西港联合学校毫无疑问有着小集团 |
[00:03] | I’m not talking about the kids. | 我说的不是学生 |
[00:04] | I’m talking about the parents. | 我说的是家长 |
[00:06] | These are the sports boosters. | 这些是体育啦啦队 |
[00:08] | Their main concern is that our team wins State every year. | 他们最关心的是校队每年拿到州冠军 |
[00:12] | What we lack in homegrown athleticism, | 自家缺少运动能手 |
[00:14] | we make up for in foreign adoptions. | 便用外国养子来弥补 |
[00:15] | Good grab, son! | 接得好 孩子 |
[00:17] | Then you have The Arts parents — | 然后是艺术类家长 |
[00:19] | Sad losers living out their broken dreams | 可怜的废柴们通过他们孩子倒胃口的 |
[00:21] | through their children’s cloying performance of “Rent.” | 戏剧《吉屋出租》 活在他们破碎的梦想中 |
[00:23] | The techies want everything at school to be state-of-the-art — | 科技迷希望学校的一切都是最先进的 |
[00:26] | iPads, smartphones. | iPad 智能手机 |
[00:27] | I think half of them | 我相信如果可以的话 |
[00:29] | would upgrade their kids to robots if they could. | 他们有一半人愿意把孩子升级为机器人 |
[00:31] | A robot kid wouldn’t be so bad. | 机器人孩子也不差 |
[00:33] | The Asians are all about academics, | 亚洲团只关心学业 |
[00:35] | and…well, academics. | 还有 学业 |
[00:37] | Here’s Anna-Kat’s special needs teacher, Dr. Ellie, | 这是安娜凯特的特殊需求老师 埃莉医生 |
[00:39] | the only reason we’re at this clique-y school | 也是我们来这座小集团的城市 |
[00:41] | in this clique-y town to begin with. | 小集团的学校的唯一原因 |
[00:43] | Oh, Katie, have you seen the new budget the PTA just approved? | 凯蒂 你看到了家长教师协会最新批准的预算吗 |
[00:46] | The PTA involves associating with parents and teachers, | 家长教师协会涉及到家长与老师的联合 |
[00:49] | so no. | 所以没有 |
[00:50] | They’re taking the money for special needs | 他们把特殊需求的钱 |
[00:51] | and putting it towards new lights in the parking lot! | 投在了停车场的新灯上 |
[00:53] | What? What are you saying? | 什么 你说什么 |
[00:56] | I won’t be working at Westport Unified next semester. | 我下学期不能在西港联合学校工作了 |
[00:58] | But, Dr. Ellie, you are the only reason | 但是埃莉医生 你是我们搬到 |
[01:00] | we moved to this beautiful idyllic picture-perfect hellhole. | 这个美丽田园似完美无暇的地狱的唯一原因 |
[01:15] | Greg, we cannot lose Dr. Ellie! | 格雷格 我们不能失去埃莉医生 |
[01:17] | Look, we can’t be the only parents upset about this. | 我们不可能是唯一生气的家长 |
[01:20] | What about the other families who see her? | 其他也上她的课的家庭呢 |
[01:21] | I’ve already reached out. | 我已经问过了 |
[01:22] | Half of them will hire her as a tutor. | 一半家庭聘她做家庭教师 |
[01:24] | The rest will switch to private school. | 其他的转去私立学校 |
[01:25] | Why couldn’t we have been born rich | 为什么我们不是富二代 |
[01:27] | or chosen better jobs or just…worked harder? | 或选择更好的工作 或是工作更努力些 |
[01:30] | Well, there’s a PTA meeting tonight. | 今晚就有家长会 |
[01:31] | One of us should go and convince them to amend the budget | 我们应该去一个人 说服他们修改预算 |
[01:34] | to secure Dr. Ellie’s funding. | 保证埃莉医生的资金 |
[01:35] | That sentence alone | 就凭这话 |
[01:36] | is why you are the parent who should go tonight, | 就应该你今晚去开会 |
[01:38] | and I should stay home | 我应该留在家里 |
[01:39] | and send you encouraging texts from the bathtub. | 从浴缸里发鼓励短信给你 |
[01:41] | Well, I certainly know school politics, | 我当然懂学校政治 |
[01:43] | but I don’t know the personalities. | 但我不了解那些人 |
[01:44] | Well, I can’t go. | 我不能去 |
[01:46] | I hate all those over-involved idiots on the PTA. | 我讨厌那些过分热情的家长会白痴 |
[01:48] | “Our chalkboard is old!” | 我们的黑板太旧了 |
[01:49] | “Is our mascot racially insensitive?” | 我们的校吉祥物有种族歧视嫌疑吗 |
[01:52] | Ugh. Enough already. | 真是够了 |
[01:57] | Mama, I can’t stop thinking about Baby Jessica. | 妈妈 我没办法不去想杰西卡宝宝 |
[02:00] | Okay, honey. | 好的 宝贝 |
[02:01] | Let’s calm down. | 冷静下来 |
[02:02] | Say it just like Dr. Ellie taught you. | 按埃莉医生教的那样说 |
[02:04] | Okay, I’ll try. | 好的 我试试 |
[02:05] | I am not a baby. | 我不是小宝宝 |
[02:07] | We do not have a well in our yard. | 我们的后院没有井 |
[02:09] | The fire department will not have to come and rescue me | 消防员不必来救我 |
[02:12] | and tape my arm to my head. | 用胶带把胳膊和脑袋粘在一起 |
[02:14] | Oh, God. We need Dr. Ellie. | 老天 我们需要埃莉医生 |
[02:16] | We’re gonna have to become over-involved idiots. | 我们必须成为过分热情的白痴 |
[02:21] | Okay. Keep the doors locked, | 好的 门要一直锁着 |
[02:22] | don’t use the oven, stove, or microwave, | 不要用烤箱 炉子和微波炉 |
[02:24] | text me every hour to say that you’re alive, | 每小时发短信给我 说你们还活着 |
[02:26] | and stay out of my nightstand. | 不准靠近我的床头柜 |
[02:28] | – You’ve been warned. – Don’t worry, Mom. | -这是警告 -别担心 妈妈 |
[02:29] | I got this. | 我能行 |
[02:30] | I think Taylor’s gonna do a fantastic job. | 我觉得泰勒会做得非常好 |
[02:33] | Your positivity is highly suspect. | 你的乐观相当可疑 |
[02:35] | Are you okay with this? | 你觉得这样行吗 |
[02:36] | As long as they play with me. | 只要他们和我玩就行 |
[02:38] | – I can’t wait. – Of course we will! | -我等不及了 -我们当然会的 |
[02:39] | You mess this up, and I’ll make sure to haunt you when I die. | 你们搞砸的话 我死后会缠着你们的 |
[02:42] | Not just the chains and moaning. | 不止是铁链和呻吟 |
[02:43] | The dark stuff. | 而是黑暗的东西 |
[02:47] | – Why are you wearing a sports coat? – We’re going out. | -你为什么穿西装 -我们要出去 |
[02:49] | To a PTA meeting… in the cafeteria. | 去自助餐厅参加家长会 |
[02:52] | Going out is going out. I want to look nice. | 出去就是出去 我想看起来帅气些 |
[02:54] | But you look fine. | 但你看起来不错 |
[02:56] | Should have said nothing, Greg. | 你不应该说话的 格雷格 |
[02:59] | Okay, kids, be good, play together, | 孩子们 乖乖的 在一起玩 |
[03:02] | and don’t be stupid. | 别做个笨蛋 |
[03:09] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[03:10] | This is amazing. We’re home alone. | 太棒了 家里只有我们 |
[03:11] | You’re the only responsible adult, | 你是唯一负责的成年人 |
[03:13] | – and you’re ridiculous. – I know! | -但你就是个笑话 -我知道 |
[03:15] | I’m not responsible at all! | 我完全没有责任心 |
[03:17] | You know what we should do? | 知道我们应该做什么吗 |
[03:18] | Watch “Death Coat.” | 看《死亡外套》 |
[03:19] | What’s a Death Coat? | 什么是《死亡外套》 |
[03:21] | It’s a movie about this coat, | 是部电影 讲的是一件外套 |
[03:22] | and if you put it on, you become a psychotic killer. | 如果你穿上 就会变成疯子杀手 |
[03:24] | It’s so scary | 太吓人了 |
[03:26] | that a girl in Seattle died while watching it. | 西雅图有个女生看的时候吓死了 |
[03:27] | It’s true. | 这是真事 |
[03:29] | Yeah, but you believed “The Hunger Games” was real | 但你也相信《饥饿游戏》是真的 |
[03:30] | and happening in Russia. | 发生在俄国 |
[03:32] | You’re an unreliable source. | 你这人的话不太可靠 |
[03:33] | You can’t watch a movie tonight. | 你们今晚不能看电影 |
[03:35] | You promised you would play with me. | 你们保证会陪我玩的 |
[03:36] | We will. | 我们会的 |
[03:37] | But first, why don’t you run upstairs, | 但首先 你不如跑上楼 |
[03:39] | get all your toys ready, | 把你的玩具准备好 |
[03:40] | make sure it’s all clean? | 确保它们是干净的 |
[03:42] | And then double-check that it’s super clean. | 然后再检查是不是特别干净 |
[03:43] | And then — | 然后 |
[03:44] | You can’t trick me. | 你骗不了我 |
[03:46] | I’m smarter than you. | 我比你聪明 |
[03:47] | Now, upstairs. | 现在 上楼 |
[03:48] | Ponies. | 小马 |
[03:49] | How about I take you — | 不如我带你 |
[03:50] | Ponies. | 小马 |
[03:52] | – But what if I — – Ponies! | -但如果我 -小马 |
[03:53] | She really is Mom’s daughter. It’s unsettling. | 她真是妈妈的女儿 真让人心烦 |
[04:00] | Okay, there they are — | 就是他们 |
[04:01] | The power cartels of the PTA. | 家长教师协会中的权势垄断集团 |
[04:03] | They run this school. | 他们管理着这间学校 |
[04:04] | We got to go in first-day-of-prison tough. | 我们得拿出初蹲监狱式的强悍 |
[04:06] | Find the biggest one and punch him in the face. | 找个最大个的 朝他的脸来一拳 |
[04:08] | Easy, now. This is school politics. | 冷静 这是学校政治 |
[04:10] | There’s an art to it. You can’t be so pushy. | 是有学问的 你不能咄咄逼人 |
[04:12] | Greg, my two defining qualities are pushy and tired, | 格雷格 我最明显的两个特点就是咄咄逼人和疲倦 |
[04:15] | and I don’t think tired is gonna get our teacher back. | 我不觉得疲倦能让咱们的老师回来 |
[04:18] | During new business, | 在新议题阶段 |
[04:19] | we’ll make an impassioned plea for Dr. Ellie | 我会为埃莉医生做出慷慨激昂的请求 |
[04:20] | and how important she is in shaping our daughter’s life. | 说她对塑造我们女儿的人生有多重要 |
[04:22] | People take me seriously, and do you know why? | 人们会把我当回事的 你知道原因吗 |
[04:24] | Go ahead. | 说 |
[04:25] | Because I dressed business casual. | 因为我穿的是商务休闲装 |
[04:27] | Please, everyone, take a seat. | 请大家坐好 |
[04:36] | When do we handle new business? | 什么时候提新议题 |
[04:38] | We have a huge, very important issue. | 我们有非常重要的问题 |
[04:39] | It’s at the end of the meeting. | 在会议结束的时候 |
[04:41] | Why is it at the end? | 为什么是在结束的时候 |
[04:42] | That is 45 minutes | 这45分钟 |
[04:43] | – where I could be watching “90 Day Fiancé.” – I know. | -我本可以看《90天未婚夫妻》 -我知道 |
[04:46] | Settle, everyone. | 各位安静 |
[04:47] | Before we get going, I have an announcement. | 在开始前 我有事要宣布 |
[04:49] | Phyllis has given up her seat on the board. | 菲丽丝放弃了委员会中的职位 |
[04:51] | She’s going away for a few weeks to treat her exhaustion. | 她要离开几周 恢复精疲力尽的身体 |
[04:54] | Exhausted from drinking so much. Poor thing. | 喝酒喝太多导致精疲力尽 可怜的东西 |
[04:57] | So, for our first matter of business, | 所以 第一件事 |
[05:00] | I would like to call for nominations for a new board member. | 我提出为委员会新成员提名 |
[05:04] | New plan — power grab. | 新计划 抓住权力 |
[05:06] | Remember, you cannot nominate yourself or your spouse. | 记住 不能提名自己或配偶 |
[05:10] | Damn it. | 见鬼 |
[05:11] | Nominate me. | 提名我 |
[05:14] | I nominate Greg Otto. | 我提名格雷格·奥图 |
[05:16] | Oh! My. | 我的天 |
[05:17] | Well. | 好的 |
[05:18] | I really like his jacket. | 我真的喜欢他的外套 |
[05:20] | Doris, why not me? | 多瑞丝 为什么不提名我 |
[05:22] | You are wildly disliked. | 大家都不喜欢你 |
[05:24] | I, um, I nominate — | 我 我提名 |
[05:26] | Sit down, Randy. | 坐下 兰迪 |
[05:28] | – Yep. – Very good. | -好吧 -非常好 |
[05:30] | All those in favor of electing Greg Otto, | 同意格雷格·奥图当选的 |
[05:32] | say “Aye.” | 说”赞成” |
[05:33] | “Aye.” | 赞成 |
[05:34] | All opposed, say “Nay.” | 反对的说”反对” |
[05:39] | The “Ayes” have it. | 那就是赞成 |
[05:40] | Congratulations, Mr. Otto. | 恭喜你 奥图先生 |
[05:42] | Welcome to the PTA. | 欢迎加入家长教师协会 |
[05:47] | We have a seat on the board. | 我们在委员会有了一席之地 |
[05:49] | We can work the system from the inside. | 我们可以从内部开始运作 |
[05:51] | You be the face, I’ll be the brains, | 你是颜值担当 我是智慧担当 |
[05:52] | and together, we’ll bring this school to its knees. | 我们一起 让这所学校五体投地 |
[05:54] | We’re just trying to secure funding | 我们只是要保住安娜凯特 |
[05:56] | for Anna-Kat’s special ed teacher. | 特殊教育老师的资金 |
[05:57] | To its knees. | 五体投地 |
[05:59] | To its knees. | 五体投地 |
[06:06] | So, to keep Dr. Ellie at school, | 要把埃莉医生留在学校 |
[06:08] | we need three of the five board members on our side. | 五位委员 要有三张票才行 |
[06:11] | With your vote, we just need two. | 你有一票 再有两票就行 |
[06:14] | That’s the picture you chose? | 你选的是这张照片吗 |
[06:15] | What’s wrong with it? | 有什么不对 |
[06:16] | – We look great. – You look great. | -我们挺好看的 -是你好看 |
[06:17] | I’m in the middle of a sneeze. | 我在打喷嚏 |
[06:19] | Greg, I always look great in pictures. | 格雷格 我拍照总是上镜 |
[06:20] | It’s not my fault. | 这不是我的错 |
[06:21] | Focus up. | 集中精神 |
[06:22] | Here are the players. | 成员有这些 |
[06:24] | Bruce, Jenn, Kyoko, and Crossing Guard Sandy. | 布鲁斯 珍 恭子 协管员桑迪 |
[06:26] | Mm, Crossing Guard Sandy’s the one who re-appropriated Dr. Ellie’s funding. | 要挪用埃莉医生资金的就是协管员桑迪 |
[06:30] | – We’ll never get her vote. – Yes. | -别想拿到她的票 -对 |
[06:31] | Plus, we’ve had our differences. | 而且 我和她有分歧 |
[06:33] | A complete stop is a complete stop! | 完全停下就是完全停下 |
[06:36] | I would love for your mouth to come to a complete stop! | 我希望你的嘴能完全停下来 |
[06:39] | I’ll kill you! | 我要杀了你 |
[06:40] | Don’t touch my sign! | 别碰我的牌子 |
[06:42] | So, at the PTA mixer tonight, | 所以 在今晚的家长聚会上 |
[06:46] | – we need to win these three over. – Got it. | -我们需要拉拢这三个人 -明白 |
[06:49] | – You bought a new poster board for this? – No. | -你为这事新买了海报板吗 -不 |
[06:51] | It’s was Taylor’s vision board. | 这是泰勒的梦想板 |
[06:53] | It was empty. | 是空的 |
[06:54] | So… | 所以 |
[06:56] | – Yeah. Sure enough. – Yeah. | -果然 -对 |
[06:58] | Yeah. | 对 |
[06:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:00] | We have another school event to go to. | 我们又要去参加学校的活动 |
[07:02] | Mom, what’s going on? | 妈 出什么事了 |
[07:03] | You hate being involved. | 你讨厌管学校的事 |
[07:04] | You always say being involved | 你总说管学校事的人 |
[07:05] | is for busybodies and people with dead marriages. | 都是爱管闲事和婚姻没救的人 |
[07:08] | This is for Anna-Kat. | 是为了安娜凯特 |
[07:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:13] | Nobody died last night and nothing burned down. | 昨晚没死人 没失火 |
[07:15] | It’s a low bar, but you cleared it. | 要求很低 但你们达到了 |
[07:16] | Do that again. | 照做就行 |
[07:17] | And don’t eat my good almonds. | 别吃我的好杏仁 |
[07:18] | You’ve been warned. | 这是警告 |
[07:22] | You’re on the board now, | 你现在是委员会成员 |
[07:23] | so you need to work the room and make friends with the other voters. | 你要去交际 和其他投票人做朋友 |
[07:27] | There’s Bruce. Let’s schmooze. Brief me. | 那是布鲁斯 上去扯淡 说下情况 |
[07:29] | He’s a hothead who’s in anger management for slashing a ref’s tires. | 他是暴脾气 戳了裁判轮胎被罚接受愤怒管理 |
[07:32] | His wife Gina frenched Angela once, | 他老婆吉娜曾经和安吉拉舌吻过 |
[07:33] | – but that’s a secret. – Bruce. | -但这是秘密 -布鲁斯 |
[07:35] | Greg Otto. | 我是格雷格·奥图 |
[07:36] | You see that botched call this weekend? | 你看到这周末裁判乱吹哨吗 |
[07:38] | – Terrible! – Terrible! | -太糟糕了 -太糟糕了 |
[07:39] | And, Gina, that is a smart, tight haircut. | 吉娜 好精明干练的发型 |
[07:42] | Did I ever tell you that I have a vast collection of oversized belt buckles? | 我有跟你说过 我收藏了很多特大号皮带扣吗 |
[07:45] | I’ll catch you guys later. | 回头再聊 |
[07:47] | Wow! You’re amazing at this. | 你太厉害了 |
[07:50] | Eh, I’m only as good as my intel. | 我和我的线人一样厉害 |
[07:52] | We’re like a power couple. | 我们像权贵夫妻 |
[07:53] | – There’s Jenn. Hit me. – She loves attention. | -那是珍 说情况 -她喜欢别人的注意 |
[07:55] | Her nickname’s “The Prowler” | 她绰号叫”狐狸精” |
[07:56] | because she’s always hitting on dads at school. | 因为她总是勾搭学生爸爸 |
[07:59] | Hang back. | 退后 |
[08:01] | Why, hello. | 你好啊 |
[08:04] | I didn’t know they let students into these meetings. | 我不知道他们让学生参加这些会议 |
[08:06] | Greg Otto. | 格雷格·奥图 |
[08:09] | Yeah, there you go, Greg. | 这就对了 格雷格 |
[08:11] | Shake those hips, get that vote. | 扭扭屁股 拿到投票 |
[08:12] | Great news. | 超级好消息 |
[08:14] | Kyoko and the Asians are gonna vote for your budget! | 恭子和亚洲团会支持你的预算 |
[08:16] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[08:17] | What made them support us? | 她们为什么支持我们 |
[08:19] | They love how mean you are to the white women. | 她们超喜欢你对白人女人那么刻薄 |
[08:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:23] | We just need one more vote. | 我们还需要一张票 |
[08:26] | – Did he just push her? – Yeah. | -他刚推了她吗 -对 |
[08:28] | His moves haven’t really changed since grade school. | 他的泡妞招数还停留在小学阶段 |
[08:39] | Grandma, it’s chilly in here. | 奶奶 这里好冷 |
[08:42] | Let me grab you a coat. | 我给你拿件衣服 |
[09:00] | Grandma! | 奶奶 |
[09:03] | Five minutes in, | 才五分钟 |
[09:04] | you’re already screaming like a girl. | 你已经叫得像个小女孩一样 |
[09:06] | That wasn’t me. | 刚才不是我 |
[09:09] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[09:10] | You’re supposed to be in bed! | 你应该睡觉了 |
[09:12] | I’m never putting on a coat again! | 我再也不穿外套了 |
[09:16] | Looks like another night of playing ponies. | 看来又得玩一晚小马了 |
[09:18] | I call Buttercup! | 毛茛花是我的 |
[09:22] | Wow. Look at you. | 瞧你 |
[09:24] | The only woman in this room, probably in town, | 这里唯一一个 有可能全市就你一个女人 |
[09:26] | with a beer in her hand. | 手里拿着啤酒 |
[09:27] | I drink it out of a bottle | 我拿酒瓶喝酒 |
[09:28] | – just to enjoy the look of horror on their faces. – Yeah. | -就为了欣赏他们脸上的惊恐 -是啊 |
[09:30] | You know Tanya wanted to make this a wine-only event. | 坦雅想把这次搞成纯红酒活动 |
[09:32] | She’s the worst. | 她最差劲了 |
[09:33] | Or, wait, you’re probably friends with her. | 慢着 你可能和她是朋友 |
[09:35] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑 |
[09:36] | I once slipped her a peanut to prove that her “Allergy” | 我有次让她吃了颗花生 来证明她的”过敏” |
[09:39] | was just a ploy to get attention. | 只是争取注意的伎俩 |
[09:40] | Total fake allergy. | 绝对是假过敏 |
[09:41] | – Well… – Really? | -其实吧… -不是吧 |
[09:43] | Oh, that is awesome! | 太棒了 |
[09:44] | Hey, can I talk to you about our school’s special needs teacher? | 我能跟你说说我们学校的特殊需求老师吗 |
[09:47] | Uh, sure. | 当然 |
[09:48] | Let’s go grab a beer at The Black Mallard | 我们可以去黑鸭子吧喝酒 |
[09:49] | and catch the second half of the game. | 去看下半场比赛 |
[09:51] | They have free popcorn.It’s gone tons of germs, but I don’t really care. | 有免费爆米花 细菌超多 但我不在乎 |
[09:53] | – Great! – All right. | -太好了 -好的 |
[09:57] | Can I borrow him for a minute? | 我能借走他一分钟吗 |
[09:58] | Okay, but you have to give him back. | 好的 但你得还回来 |
[10:06] | We got to go grab a drink with Bruce. | 我们得去和布鲁斯喝酒 |
[10:08] | I’m pretty sure I can get his vote. | 我相当肯定可以争取到他的票 |
[10:09] | Well, we can’t leave now. I’m talking up Dr. Ellie. | 我们现在不能走 我谈到了埃莉医生 |
[10:10] | I think I can close the deal with Jenn. | 我想我就快搞定珍了 |
[10:12] | Greg, anyone can close the deal with Jenn. | 格雷格 任何人都可以搞定珍 |
[10:13] | How about this? You get The Prowler’s vote. | 这样吧 你去争取狐狸精的票 |
[10:15] | I’ll get Bruce’s vote. | 我去争取布鲁斯的票 |
[10:16] | Them, plus the Asians, plus you. That’s four votes! | 他们加上亚洲团 加上你 有四票 |
[10:18] | That’ll just really stick it to that Crossing Guard Sandy. | 到时候让协管员桑迪好看 |
[10:22] | Ugh. Look at her. | 看她 |
[10:24] | It was great to see you. | 真高兴见到你 |
[10:27] | That woman’s the worst. | 那个女人最差劲了 |
[10:31] | Dr. Ellie has written articles on OCD | 埃莉医生写过不少强迫症的文章 |
[10:33] | and spoken at several conferences. | 在一些会议上演讲过 |
[10:35] | And to lose her — | 失去她 |
[10:36] | Attaway, boys! Yes! | 好样的 伙计们 太棒了 |
[10:38] | Wait. UNC just scored? | 等等 北卡罗来纳大学刚得分了吗 |
[10:40] | Oh, yeah. I’m UNC, baby. | 对 我就是北卡大的 |
[10:42] | All the way. Look at that. | 一直是 看 |
[10:44] | Duke can suck it. | 杜克大学吃屎去 |
[10:46] | Katie, it’s just a college rivalry. | 凯蒂 只是大学比赛 |
[10:49] | It doesn’t matter that you’re a third-generation Duke alumna | 你是家族第三代杜克毕业生并不重要 |
[10:52] | or that you met Greg there | 或是你在那里认识格雷格的 |
[10:53] | or that Oliver’s middle name is Duke. | 或是奥利弗的中间名是杜克 |
[10:55] | The reason I bring up Dr. Ellie — | 我之所以提出埃莉医生 |
[10:57] | I can’t believe Duke’s actually still a Division I school | 我真不敢相信杜克依然被大学体育协会定为一类 |
[10:59] | and not a junior college. | 而不是大专 |
[11:00] | You know what I mean? | 你懂我的意思吗 |
[11:01] | I don’t. | 我不懂 |
[11:06] | You have such a resonant voice. | 你的声音真洪亮 |
[11:09] | Oh! You would make an amazing Jean Valjean. | 你会是出色的冉阿让[《悲惨世界》角色] |
[11:12] | I’ve always thought so. | 我一直这样觉得 |
[11:14] | But a string of community theatre directors have disagreed. | 但社区戏院的导演们不同意 |
[11:17] | Not to mix business with pleasure, but I have a PTA issue. | 不是想在娱乐时谈公事 但我有家长会方面的问题 |
[11:20] | Oh! Me, too! | 我也是 |
[11:22] | I’ll tell you mine if you tell me yours. | 如果你告诉我 我就告诉你 |
[11:26] | I am hoping to put healthy vending machines at the school, | 我希望在学校安装健康食品自动贩卖机 |
[11:29] | and all the money raised will go to the arts program. | 赚的钱可以支持艺术项目 |
[11:32] | I would love if you would promise to give me your vote. | 如果你发誓支持我 我会非常高兴的 |
[11:35] | I’m happy to pledge my support. | 我很乐意发誓支持 |
[11:37] | Pledging now. Pledging. | 现在就发誓 |
[11:39] | And break! | 然后分开 |
[11:41] | Go team! | 加油 |
[11:44] | Your mascot is literally a devil. | 你们的吉祥物是恶魔 |
[11:46] | And a Tar Heel is better? | 柏油脚跟就更好吗 |
[11:47] | what the hell is a Tar Heel, Bruce? | 柏油脚跟是个什么鬼东西 布鲁斯 |
[11:49] | I Googled it once! No one knows! | 我在谷歌上查过 没人知道 |
[11:51] | it’s a heel covered in tar that goes up Duke’s ass! | 就是插进杜克菊花的裹着柏油的脚跟 |
[11:53] | Oh! Okay. | 好的 |
[11:55] | I’ma flip a table! | 我要掀桌子了 |
[11:59] | Oh. Okay. Real classy. | 好的 太有涵养了 |
[12:01] | I’m never voting for your dumb doctor now! | 现在我绝对不会投你愚蠢医生的票 |
[12:04] | Guess what? I don’t need your vote. | 你猜怎样 我不需要你的票 |
[12:06] | My husband’s knuckle-deep in a vote right now! | 我老公现在正搞定一张票 |
[12:09] | Ooh, this merlot is wonderful! | 这瓶梅洛太好喝了 |
[12:11] | I love how nutty it is. | 我喜欢它的果仁味[古怪] |
[12:13] | Just like you. | 像你一样 |
[12:16] | You know what else is nutty? | 你知道还有什么很古怪吗 |
[12:18] | Crossing Guard Sandy’s new budget. | 协管员桑迪的新预算 |
[12:20] | If I put forth a new one to save Dr. Ellie, | 如果我提出新预算挽留埃莉医生 |
[12:23] | could I count on your support? | 我可以指望你支持我吗 |
[12:24] | Oh. No. | 不行 |
[12:27] | But I agreed to vote for your vending machines, | 但我同意支持你的贩卖机 |
[12:29] | and we’re getting along. | 我们很合得来 |
[12:31] | And you invaded my safe-space on numerous occasions. | 而且你多次入侵我的安全区域 |
[12:33] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:34] | Crossing Guard Sandy and I | 协管员桑迪和我 |
[12:35] | have already agreed to vote for each other’s proposals. | 已经同意互相支持对方的提案 |
[12:37] | But… | 但是 |
[12:39] | If there is something that you would like to propose… | 如果你想提议什么 |
[12:44] | I’d like to propose a toast. | 我提议祝酒 |
[12:47] | To the security cameras of this bar. | 敬这间酒吧的监控镜头 |
[12:49] | May they show that I did not initiate this contact. | 希望拍下了这次接触不是我发起的 |
[12:52] | I love coats! | 我爱外套 |
[12:54] | Purple coats, blue coats! | 紫色的 蓝色的 |
[12:55] | And pink! | 粉色的 |
[12:56] | Coats are our friends! | 外套是我们的朋友 |
[12:59] | Hey, guys. | 孩子们 |
[13:00] | Why is Anna-Kat still awake? | 为什么安娜凯特还没有睡觉 |
[13:02] | Mama! | 妈妈 |
[13:04] | Take off your coat before it kills you! | 在外套杀了你之前快脱下来 |
[13:06] | What is she talking about? | 她在说什么 |
[13:07] | It’s unrelated to anything that happened tonight, | 和今晚的任何事都无关 |
[13:09] | I can tell you that much. | 我只能告诉你这么多 |
[13:10] | I’ll take her to bed. | 我带她去睡觉 |
[13:12] | Honey, go upstairs and do your finger exercises. | 宝贝 上楼去做你的手指练习 |
[13:14] | Mama will be up in a few minutes to tuck you in. | 妈妈马上就来给你盖被子 |
[13:21] | So, now she’s afraid of coats, wells, | 现在她害怕外套 井 |
[13:23] | and mannequins with no clothes. | 不穿衣服的人体模特 |
[13:25] | But we’ll do fine without Dr. Ellie next year. | 但明年没有埃莉医生也没事 |
[13:29] | It’s Doris. Hey, what’s up? | 是多瑞丝 什么事 |
[13:31] | Did you promise Jenn | 你向珍保证 |
[13:32] | you’d vote for vending machines in the school? | 支持她在学校放贩卖机吗 |
[13:35] | – Yeah, healthy vending machines. – Yeah, he did. | -对 健康食品贩卖机 -是的 |
[13:36] | What? | 什么 |
[13:38] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[13:39] | Bye. | 拜 |
[13:41] | Kyoko and the Asians hate vending machines. | 恭子和亚洲团讨厌贩卖机 |
[13:45] | – Why? – Does it matter? | -为什么 -这重要吗 |
[13:46] | We lost the Asians! | 我们失去了亚洲团的支持 |
[13:47] | You just lost us Dr. Ellie! | 你刚害我们失去了埃莉医生 |
[13:48] | How could you give Jenn your vote | 你怎么能同意支持珍 |
[13:50] | without getting hers in return? | 却没让她支持你 |
[13:51] | You’re a total pushover! | 你这人太好说话了 |
[13:52] | Yeah, well — You’re a bully! | 你就爱欺负人 |
[13:54] | Oh, really, Greg? | 是吗 格雷格 |
[13:55] | Yeah, and why is this all on me? | 为什么要怪我 |
[13:57] | You lost Bruce’s vote because you are a bully. | 你失去了布鲁斯的票 因为你爱欺负人 |
[14:00] | You couldn’t even land The Prowler. | 你连狐狸精都没办法搞定 |
[14:02] | You flipped a table. | 你掀了桌子 |
[14:03] | I’ma flip a table right now! | 我现在就想掀桌子 |
[14:04] | It is too late to start a fight. | 时间太晚 不适合吵架 |
[14:07] | Yeah, it is. | 没错 |
[14:12] | Anybody whoever said “Don’t go to bed angry” | 不管是谁说”不要带着怒气睡觉” |
[14:15] | doesn’t have three kids. | 这人肯定没三个孩子 |
[14:17] | When I have a chance to sleep, I’m gonna sleep. | 我有机会睡觉时 我会睡觉 |
[14:31] | This is the worst. | 太差劲了 |
[14:33] | I’m up to my armpits in school politics, | 我忙着应付学校政治 |
[14:35] | Greg and I still aren’t speaking, | 格雷格和我依然没说话 |
[14:36] | and Anna-Kat is not going to have a special ed class next year. | 安娜凯特明年就没特殊教育课了 |
[14:39] | That’s it. | 算了 |
[14:40] | We’re getting table pancakes. | 我们点薄饼吃 |
[14:43] | Look, Katie, the vote hasn’t happened yet. | 凯蒂 还没投票呢 |
[14:44] | I know Kyoko’s upset, | 我知道恭子生气了 |
[14:45] | but I think you can win her back. | 但我觉得你可以挽回她 |
[14:46] | That’s only two votes. | 还是只有两张票 |
[14:48] | I still need Bruce or Jenn. | 我依然需要布鲁斯或是珍的票 |
[14:49] | Or Crossing Guard Sandy. | 或是协管员桑迪 |
[14:51] | I told you not to park in the yellow! | 我跟你说了不要停在黄线内 |
[14:53] | You tell me a lot of stupid stuff I ignore! | 你说了很多我根本无视的蠢话 |
[14:56] | That was my grandmother’s! | 那是我奶奶的 |
[14:58] | Wait, your grandmother was a crossing guard? | 慢着 你奶奶是协管员吗 |
[15:00] | You’ll see my grandmother in Hell! | 你会在地狱见到我奶奶 |
[15:05] | Not Sandy. | 桑迪就算了 |
[15:06] | Maybe I can blackmail Bruce to get his vote. | 也许我可以勒索布鲁斯让他投票 |
[15:08] | Angela, do you have any pictures of you frenching his wife? | 安吉拉 你有舌吻他老婆的照片吗 |
[15:11] | Not his wife. | 不是他的老婆 |
[15:12] | Then I’m out of options. | 那我没办法了 |
[15:14] | I’d say I’d home-school Anna-Kat, | 我想说我在家教安娜凯特 |
[15:16] | but I’m not going to because who wants to do that? | 但我不想 谁想这样啊 |
[15:18] | Look, Katie, you and Greg are like my breakfast. | 凯蒂 你和格雷格就像我的早餐 |
[15:21] | Greg is like my eggs — solid, dependable, | 格雷格就像我的蛋 结实 可靠 |
[15:24] | But on their own, no, thank you. | 但只有蛋的话 不要了 谢谢 |
[15:25] | – That’s true. – That’s true? | -没错 -没错吗 |
[15:27] | I don’t know. I’m supporting her. | 我不知道 我在支持她 |
[15:28] | And you, Katie, are like hot sauce — | 而你 凯蒂 就像辣酱 |
[15:31] | fierce, wild, and a little goes a long way. | 暴躁 疯狂 一点点就很辣 |
[15:33] | But together… | 但在一起 |
[15:35] | Perfect! | 完美 |
[15:39] | Way too much hot sauce. | 放多辣酱了 |
[15:41] | It’s burning my teeth. | 牙齿好痛 |
[15:43] | I don’t want to get new teeth again. | 我不想再装新牙了 |
[15:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:48] | – Fight’s over. – What? | -争吵结束 -什么 |
[15:52] | Fight’s over. | 争吵结束 |
[15:53] | How come you get to decide when a fight’s over? | 凭什么你来决定争吵什么时候结束 |
[15:55] | That’s just how it is. I don’t make the rules. | 就是这样的 规矩不是我定的 |
[15:57] | Yes, you do. | 是你定的 |
[15:59] | Greg, if we are going to make this happen, | 格雷格 如果我们想办成这件事 |
[16:00] | we have to work together. | 我们得团结 |
[16:04] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[16:05] | Next meeting, we’ll both get those votes. | 下次会议 我们一起拉票 |
[16:08] | Remember how we used to get excited about much better things? | 还记得以前能让我们兴奋的是比这好得多的事吧 |
[16:12] | Kind of. | 算是吧 |
[16:16] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:17] | Four PTA members, and all we need is two of them. | 四个委员会成员 我们只要拉两个人 |
[16:19] | There’s Jenn. | 珍在那边 |
[16:21] | Got your back. | 我支持你 |
[16:22] | Go do your thing. | 上吧 |
[16:23] | Excuse me, Jenn. | 打扰下 珍 |
[16:25] | A word with you about the — | 想跟你说说 |
[16:26] | Here’s the deal. | 是这样的 |
[16:27] | If you don’t vote for Dr. Ellie, | 如果你不投埃莉医生的票 |
[16:28] | then you can forget our support | 就别指望我们支持 |
[16:30] | for your stupid healthy vending machine. | 你愚蠢的健康食品贩卖机 |
[16:33] | Greg, you promised. | 格雷格 你保证过的 |
[16:36] | I put my finger in your mouth. | 我把手指放在了你嘴里 |
[16:42] | I’m cool. | 我不生气 |
[16:45] | Vending machines are dead. | 贩卖机没希望了 |
[16:48] | – Can we count on your vote? – Yes. | -你肯定支持我们吗 -是的 |
[16:50] | As long as vending machines | 只要贩卖机 |
[16:51] | – are never allowed in our school. – Agreed. | -永远不允许出现在学校 -同意 |
[16:53] | But can I ask what your problem with vending machines is? | 我能问下你为什么对贩卖机有意见吗 |
[16:56] | No. | 不能 |
[17:00] | Okay. | 好了 |
[17:01] | We just need one more vote. | 还需要一张票 |
[17:11] | Well, the Bruce bridge is burned. | 布鲁斯大桥已经烧了 |
[17:13] | That means there’s only one vote left. | 就是说只剩最后一张票了 |
[17:22] | Sandy. | 桑迪 |
[17:24] | I get asking you for help is weird. | 我知道要你帮忙很奇怪 |
[17:27] | We haven’t always been BFFs. | 我们并不是闺蜜 |
[17:30] | You tried to broadside me with your car. | 你想用车撞我 |
[17:33] | Sandy, if I was trying, I would have hit you. | 桑迪 如果我想 会撞上的 |
[17:35] | You’re right, Sandy. | 你说得对 桑迪 |
[17:36] | You’ve done nothing wrong. | 你没做错任何事 |
[17:38] | Just like Anna-Kat has done nothing wrong to deserve | 安娜凯特也没做错什么 |
[17:39] | losing her highly trained and wonderful teacher. | 不应该失去受过专业训练的好老师 |
[17:41] | You should be on our side. | 你应该支持我们 |
[17:43] | Growing up, | 成熟点 |
[17:44] | I’m sure you were in a special needs class. | 我相信你也上过特殊需求班 |
[17:45] | No, I wasn’t! | 我没有 |
[17:47] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:48] | While I appreciate that | 我明白 |
[17:49] | new lights in the parking lot are important, | 停车场的新灯很重要 |
[17:51] | Dr. Ellie is transforming our daughter’s life. | 但埃莉医生在改变我们女儿的生活 |
[17:53] | But Dr. Ellie is only helping the special needs kids. | 但埃莉医生只帮助了有特殊需要的孩子 |
[17:56] | My parking lot lights are for everyone. | 我的停车场的灯是为了所有人 |
[17:58] | And I hate your wife. | 而且我恨你老婆 |
[18:00] | I mean, I really hate her. | 我真的恨她 |
[18:02] | No chance in hell you’re getting my vote. | 我绝对不可能支持你们 |
[18:04] | Ever. | 别想 |
[18:09] | I’m never going to sleep again. | 我不可能再睡觉了 |
[18:11] | Me, neither. | 我也是 |
[18:12] | How could I have let us watch that movie? | 我怎么会让咱们看这部电影的 |
[18:15] | I shouldn’t be in charge of minors. | 我不应该对未成年人负责 |
[18:17] | How are we gonna get over this? | 我们怎么忘掉这个 |
[18:23] | – Anna-Kat. – Anna-Kat. | -安娜凯特 -安娜凯特 |
[18:25] | What? | 什么事 |
[18:27] | We need to know how to make our brains right again. | 我们要知道怎样让大脑恢复正常 |
[18:33] | Next up, the vote on Greg Otto’s amended budget | 下一项 格雷格·奥图提出的保留埃莉医生的 |
[18:37] | to reinstate Dr. Ellie. | 修订预算 |
[18:40] | I vote yes. | 我同意 |
[18:41] | Yes. | 同意 |
[18:43] | No. | 不同意 |
[18:45] | Not a chance in hell. | 想都别想 |
[18:47] | And I vote… | 我投票 |
[18:50] | Yes. | 同意 |
[18:53] | That’s three votes. | 三票同意 |
[18:54] | Budget passes. | 预算通过 |
[18:56] | How the hell did you do that? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[19:03] | You better get ready | 你最好准备好 |
[19:04] | for a whole lot more Katie Otto to hate. | 面对更多让你仇恨的凯蒂·奥图 |
[19:06] | I am going to be at every PTA meeting, | 我会参加每一次家长会 |
[19:08] | every mixer, | 每一次家长聚会 |
[19:09] | and every one of your stupid events | 你每一次的愚蠢会议 |
[19:11] | fighting for my daughter | 为我的女儿战斗 |
[19:13] | to get the care that she needs. | 为她争取她需要的照顾 |
[19:15] | But if you give us your vote, | 但如果你支持我们 |
[19:17] | I will resign, | 我会辞职 |
[19:19] | and you will never see me or my wife | 你再不会看到我和我妻子 |
[19:21] | at another PTA meeting again. | 参加家长会 |
[19:27] | I hate you. | 我恨你 |
[19:28] | I’m washing my hand. | 我去洗手 |
[19:35] | Greg and I make a pretty good team. | 格雷格和我双剑合璧 天下无敌 |
[19:38] | Attention, all. | 各位注意 |
[19:40] | I hereby resign from the PTA. | 我辞去我在家长教师协会的职务 |
[20:06] | A coat can’t kill me. | 外套不会杀死我 |
[20:08] | A coat can’t kill me. | 外套不会杀死我 |
[20:09] | Man is inherently good. | 人性本善 |
[20:10] | Man is inherently good. | 人性本善 |
[20:12] | Man is inherently good. | 人性本善 |
[20:13] | Doesn’t take you too long to pee. | 尿出来不需要太长时间 |
[20:15] | Doesn’t take you too long to pee. | 尿出来不需要太长时间 |
[20:17] | Doesn’t take you too long to pee. | 尿出来不需要太长时间 |
[20:19] | These kids have not ruined your body and life. | 这些孩子没有毁掉你的身材和生活 |
[20:21] | These kids have not ruined your body and life. | 这些孩子没有毁掉你的身材和生活 |
[20:24] | These kids have not ruined your body and life. | 这些孩子没有毁掉你的身材和生活 |
[20:27] | These kids have not ruined your body and life. | 这些孩子没有毁掉你的身材和生活 |