时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Well, I’ve officially quit shopping for clothes in Westport. | 我正式宣布再也不在西港买衣服了 |
[00:07] | No one stocks my size. | 没有店里有我的尺码 |
[00:08] | The only shirt that buttoned up was a men’s extra large, | 唯一能扣上的衬衫是男士加大 |
[00:11] | and I’m pretty sure it’s a pajama top. | 我相当肯定那是睡衣 |
[00:13] | So now I buy all my clothes online from a store in Kansas, | 现在我只在堪萨斯州的一家网店买衣服 |
[00:17] | because in Kansas… | 因为在堪萨斯州 |
[00:19] | I’m a medium. | 我穿中号 |
[00:20] | Ah, Kansas. Wonderful state. | 堪萨斯州 好棒的州 |
[00:22] | Their official bird is a western meadowlark, I believe. | 我相信他们的州鸟是西部草地鹨 |
[00:25] | Fun fact, babe — You just killed my shirt buzz. | 有趣的事实 亲 但你毁了我衬衫的乐趣 |
[00:28] | So you working today? | 你今天工作吗 |
[00:29] | I’m writing an article I am so excited about. | 我要写篇文章 我非常期待 |
[00:31] | I don’t want to jinx anything, | 我不想触霉头 |
[00:32] | but I’m 100% sure this will get me tenure. | 但我百分百相信会让我拿到终身职位 |
[00:35] | 100% guaranteed. | 百分百保证 |
[00:36] | That is so exciting! What’s the article about? | 太期待了 关于什么的文章 |
[00:38] | The title of the article is… | 文章的名字是 |
[00:40] | “John Stuart Mill: | 约翰·斯图尔特·米尔 |
[00:41] | Victorian Liberalism | 维多利亚时代的自由主义者 |
[00:43] | and the Fallacy of the Harm Principle.” | 以及伤害原则的谬论 |
[00:45] | Sometimes when you say things, | 有时候你说话时 |
[00:46] | I just pretend that your hair catches on fire. | 我会假装你头发着火了 |
[00:48] | Make fun if you must, but history is huge right now. | 想笑就笑 但现在历史火着呢 |
[00:51] | JSM could be the new “Hamilton.” | 约翰·斯图尔特·米尔可以是新的《汉密尔顿》 |
[00:53] | I’m Johnny Mills, I’m here to say | 我是约翰·米尔 我在这里说 |
[00:55] | Victorian era liberalism is the only way | 维多利亚时代的自由主义是必经之路 |
[01:00] | – Are you ready? – I’m ready. | -你准备好了吗 -准备好了 |
[01:03] | Begin the ritual. | 仪式开始 |
[01:06] | Before Greg can write, he has to do this ritual. | 在格雷格开始写作前 他必须完成他的仪式 |
[01:08] | If we were rich, it’d be eccentric. | 如果我们是有钱人 这就是古怪 |
[01:10] | We’re not, so it’s just weird. | 我们不是 所以这叫诡异 |
[01:13] | First he poses like Wonder Woman for two minutes | 首先他扮作神奇女侠摆两分钟姿势 |
[01:15] | to raise his testosterone, | 提升他的睾丸素 |
[01:16] | then he listens to jazz to activate his right brain. | 然后听爵士乐刺激右脑 |
[01:21] | Next he eats six almonds for energy. | 接下来吃六颗杏仁补充能量 |
[01:25] | And finally, he has a glass of port to loosen up. | 最后 他喝杯波特酒放轻松 |
[01:37] | Now you’re in the prose zone. | 现在你进入写作状态了 |
[01:39] | Sometimes I worry Greg’s too good for me, | 有时候我会担心我配不上格雷格 |
[01:41] | then I remember moments like this. | 然后我就会想起这样的时刻 |
[01:49] | Oh, Katie! | 凯蒂 |
[01:52] | The hair, the rack, the shirt — | 头发 咪咪 衬衫 |
[01:53] | I don’t know which to compliment first. | 我都不知道先夸什么 |
[01:55] | – The rack. – Yes. | -咪咪 -是的 |
[01:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:58] | I’m feeling really good about my purchase, | 我很喜欢新买的衣服 |
[02:00] | but I still have some residual Westport hate. | 但我对西港还恨着呢 |
[02:02] | I can sue those shops on Main Street for discrimination, right? | 我可以告主大街的那些店歧视 对吗 |
[02:05] | Fat lives matter and whatnot? | 胖子也是人什么的 |
[02:06] | Okay, labeling tiny clothes as large is evil, | 将小号衣服标成大号是很邪恶 |
[02:09] | – but it isn’t grounds for a lawsuit. – Doris, what do you think? | -但不足以打官司 -多瑞丝 你怎么看 |
[02:12] | – Uh-huh. Sue all the lesbians. – What? | -告所有的女同性恋 -什么 |
[02:14] | Katie, do you have any plans for this expired turkey? | 凯蒂 你打算怎么处理这个过期的火鸡 |
[02:17] | Doris, you are rich. You can afford new food. | 多瑞丝 你很有钱 你能买得起新鲜食物 |
[02:20] | Yeah, but I hate waste. | 但我讨厌浪费 |
[02:21] | This is sealed, | 这是真空包装 |
[02:23] | and sealed meat is good for 11 years, like a Twinkie. | 真空包装的肉可以管11年 和奶油夹心蛋糕一样 |
[02:25] | You know what I love about you? | 知道我喜欢你哪一点吗 |
[02:27] | You say nonsense with such authority. | 你可以一脸权威地瞎掰 |
[02:28] | Good morning, ladies. | 早上好 女士们 |
[02:31] | Are you drinking scotch? | 你在喝苏格兰威士忌吗 |
[02:33] | Beside the fact that you’re 12, it’s not even noon yet. | 先不说你才12岁 现在还没到中午呢 |
[02:36] | It’s just iced tea. | 这是冰茶 |
[02:37] | I’m practicing my power swirl for when I’m a trader at Goldman. | 我在练习成为高盛集团操盘手时需要的权贵式晃酒 |
[02:40] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[02:44] | Maybe you’re confused on how a dishwasher works, | 也许你不知道洗碗机怎么用 |
[02:48] | because I get it. It’s tricky. | 我理解 很难的 |
[02:50] | Step one — put the dishes in the dishwasher. | 第一步 把杯子放进洗碗机 |
[02:52] | End of steps. | 没有下一步了 |
[02:54] | Mom, I’ll get around to it, all right? | 妈 我等下做好吗 |
[02:56] | When your mother tells you to do something, | 你妈叫你做什么 |
[02:57] | you do it immediately. | 你马上就要做 |
[02:59] | Ooh, if I was your mom — | 如果我是你妈 |
[03:00] | But you’re not, though, okay? | 但你不是 |
[03:02] | Ah, the look. Every mom gets it. | 这个表情 每个妈妈都懂 |
[03:06] | Doris is imagining | 多瑞丝在想象 |
[03:07] | choking Oliver to death with her bare hands. | 亲手掐死奥利弗 |
[03:09] | Now she’s remembering jail is a thing, | 现在她想起来还有监狱这个东西 |
[03:12] | so she shoves the rage down | 所以她压下怒气 |
[03:14] | and saves it for when someone thinks she’s Japanese. | 留着发泄在以为她是日本人的人身上 |
[03:16] | Let’s just avoid any bloodshed. | 就不要制造流血事件了 |
[03:19] | Hey, who put all these juices in your meat drawer? | 谁在你的肉类抽屉里放了果汁 |
[03:21] | I did. | 是我 |
[03:22] | At soccer practice, | 足球训练时 |
[03:23] | Emily said she had the best juice the other day. | 爱米莉说她那天喝了最好喝的果汁 |
[03:25] | Em’s the goalie, and her stories are always super funny. | 小爱是守门员 她的故事总是非常好玩 |
[03:27] | So then Ashley — Ash is the equipment manager — | 然后艾希礼 艾希礼是管器材的 |
[03:30] | and she’s awesome. | 她棒极了 |
[03:31] | Her clothes are so cool, and her hair is like — | 她的衣服好酷 她的头发… |
[03:32] | You tell stories just like your dad. | 你说事情和你爸一个德行 |
[03:34] | Get to the point. | 说重点 |
[03:36] | The soccer team is doing a juice fast together. | 足球队集体进行果汁排毒断食 |
[03:37] | A juice what?! | 果汁什么 |
[03:39] | A juice fast is when you don’t eat for a couple — | 果汁排毒断食就是说几天不吃 |
[03:40] | I know what a juice fast is. | 我知道果汁排毒断食是什么 |
[03:42] | Put down the juice and pick up an ice-cream sandwich now! | 放下果汁 马上去拿一个冰淇淋三明治 |
[03:45] | Mom, you can’t make me eat dessert. | 妈 你不能逼我吃甜点 |
[03:46] | Keep this up and I will | 你要是继续 |
[03:48] | make you eat a sleeve of Oreos for breakfast. | 我就让你早餐吃一整条奥利奥饼干 |
[03:50] | That’s legal! I’ve checked. | 这是合法的 我查过 |
[03:54] | Today’s my art show! | 今天有我参加的艺术展 |
[03:55] | Sweetie, I’m excited for you, but Daddy is working, | 宝贝 我为你高兴 但爸爸在工作 |
[03:58] | and Daddy has this ritual, | 爸爸有个仪式 |
[03:59] | and whenever somebody interrupts it, | 如果有人打扰 |
[04:01] | well, then he just has to start it all over again. | 就得重新再做一次仪式 |
[04:03] | I had my art teacher e-mail you my drawing, | 我让美术老师把我的画发邮件给你了 |
[04:05] | so print it out. | 打印出来 |
[04:07] | Okay, well, Daddy has to write | 好的 爸爸要写作 |
[04:09] | to get this thing called tenure. | 要争取一个叫”终身职位”的东西 |
[04:11] | The saying goes, “It’s publish or perish.” | 俗话说 “不出版就毁灭” |
[04:15] | Perish is the word in all my Titanic books. | 我所有的泰坦尼克号的书上都有毁灭这个词 |
[04:17] | It means die. | 是死的意思 |
[04:18] | Are you gonna die? | 你要死了吗 |
[04:20] | Never. | 绝不会 |
[04:21] | Well, eventually, but not for a long time. | 最终会死的 但还有很久 |
[04:23] | Am I gonna die? | 我要死了吗 |
[04:26] | Let’s just print it out. | 咱们把画打印出来 |
[04:28] | My assignment was to draw a family portrait, | 我的作业是画全家福 |
[04:30] | and tonight it’ll be on display for everyone to see. | 今晚会展出 大家都会看到 |
[04:37] | Is that the way you drew Mommy? | 你把妈妈画成这样吗 |
[04:41] | It’s just a juice fast. | 只是果汁排毒断食而已 |
[04:43] | It’s not like we made a pregnancy pact | 又不是像诺瓦克的篮球队那样 |
[04:44] | like the basketball team in Norwalk. | 订下了怀孕协定 |
[04:46] | First of all, you are never going to Norwalk again, | 首先 你再也不能去诺瓦克 |
[04:48] | and, yes, this juice fast is a huge deal! | 然后 没错 果汁这事很严重 |
[04:51] | When I was your age, I wasn’t juice-fasting. | 我像你这么大时 我没搞什么果汁排毒 |
[04:54] | I was protesting Prince’s name change | 我在抗议王子改名字[歌手] |
[04:56] | and smoking clove cigarettes. | 抽着丁香烟 |
[04:57] | Don’t smoke. That’s a horrible example. | 别抽烟 这是个非常坏的例子 |
[05:00] | Katie, can I talk to you for a sec? | 凯蒂 我们聊聊好吗 |
[05:01] | Not now, Greg. | 不是时候 格雷格 |
[05:01] | I’m about to say something important, | 我马上要说些非常重要的话 |
[05:03] | and I’m glad that both of my daughters can listen. | 我很高兴我的两个女儿都可以听到 |
[05:05] | Taylor, Anna-Kat, | 泰勒 安娜凯特 |
[05:07] | look at Doris, Angela, and I. | 看多瑞丝 安吉拉和我 |
[05:10] | Notice we all have very different body types. | 注意到我们的身材完全不同 |
[05:13] | And all women’s bodies are beautiful. | 所有女人的身体都是美丽的 |
[05:16] | Yes, we get it. You love the lady flesh. | 我们明白 你爱女人的肉体 |
[05:18] | – Doris, children. – Oh, please, they know. | -多瑞丝 有孩子 -拜托 她们知道 |
[05:20] | You do not need to do anything to be beautiful except this. | 你们不需要做任何事去变美丽 除了 |
[05:22] | Be proud of your own body | 为自己的身体感到骄傲 |
[05:24] | and never, ever care what anybody else thinks. | 永远不要在乎别人怎么想 |
[05:27] | Don’t give in to the vanity of this town, | 别对这个地方的虚荣投降 |
[05:29] | and you, my lovely daughters, | 你们 我可爱的女儿们 |
[05:31] | will always be perfect. | 永远都是完美的 |
[05:40] | I crushed that. | 我说的太好了 |
[05:42] | I was like Winston Churchill in there. | 我刚才就像丘吉尔 |
[05:43] | Better than Churchill. | 比丘吉尔更厉害 |
[05:44] | I’m better than Churchill. | 我比丘吉尔更厉害 |
[05:45] | It was an excellent speech. | 非常精彩的演讲 |
[05:47] | Now, I want you to remember that and don’t overreact | 我要你记住你说的话 在你看到 |
[05:49] | when you see Anna-Kat’s drawing for her art show. | 安娜凯特参加艺术展的画后 不要反应过度 |
[05:53] | Oh, my God. Look at me. | 我的天 看我 |
[05:56] | Remember, the crayon adds 10 pounds. | 记住 蜡笔会让你胖10磅 |
[06:05] | “Because of his friendship with Auguste Comte, | 因为与奥古斯特·孔德的友谊 |
[06:06] | John Stuart Mill’s effect on positivism | 约翰·斯图尔特·米尔对实证主义的影响 |
[06:08] | cannot be understated.” | 不能被低估 |
[06:10] | I am on fire. | 我真是才思如泉涌 |
[06:12] | My oldest daughter is juice-fasting, | 我的大女儿在进行果汁排毒断食 |
[06:14] | probably because she’s afraid she’s going to be fat like me. | 可能是因为她害怕以后和我一样胖 |
[06:17] | – Meanwhile, my favorite child… – Can’t rank them like that. | -同时我最爱的孩子 -不能这样排名 |
[06:19] | …draws me like a beach ball with gloves. | 把我画成了戴手套的沙滩球 |
[06:21] | Is this how Anna-Kat sees me? | 我在安娜凯特眼中是这样的吗 |
[06:23] | It’s really not that bad. | 也没那么糟糕 |
[06:24] | Says the guy with broad shoulders | 把你画成宽肩加一头秀发 |
[06:25] | and a full head of hair. | 你好意思说 |
[06:26] | Well, I’ve been taking the stairs more | 我经常走楼梯 |
[06:28] | and experimenting with mousse. | 而且在用摩丝 |
[06:29] | Maybe that’s what she’s picking up on? | 也许她抓住了这个特点 |
[06:30] | It’s a drawing of a 7-year-old. | 这是7岁孩子的画 |
[06:32] | You can’t take it that seriously. | 你别这么认真 |
[06:33] | I am not the problem. The Westport mommies are. | 我不是问题所在 西港的妈妈们才是 |
[06:36] | Tonight they’re gonna whisper about me and laugh | 今晚她们会私下讨论我 嘲笑我 |
[06:38] | and walk by me and they’ll be nothing but like, | 从我身边走过 只会说 |
[06:39] | “Hi, Katie!” | 你好 凯蒂 |
[06:41] | And their stupid fake smiles. | 加上她们愚蠢的假笑 |
[06:43] | I’m not sure I can handle it. | 我不确定我可以应付 |
[06:45] | But you just told our daughters | 但你刚告诉我们的女儿们 |
[06:46] | not to care what other people say — | 不要在乎别人怎么说 |
[06:47] | I remember the speech, Greg! | 我记得我的演讲 格雷格 |
[06:49] | Why don’t you go down to the art center? | 你不如去艺术中心 |
[06:50] | Ask Anna-Kat’s teacher | 问安娜凯特的老师 |
[06:52] | if she’d be willing to swap out the drawing for another one. | 是否愿意换一幅画 |
[06:54] | Can I do that? | 我可以这样做吗 |
[06:55] | I can do that. Excellent idea. | 我可以的 好主意 |
[06:57] | Why can’t you think like this | 你在决定写什么时 |
[06:58] | when you’re deciding what to write about? | 为什么不能这样想 |
[07:06] | Taylor, I’m heading out. | 泰勒 我要出去 |
[07:08] | Dad’s posing like Wonder Woman, so you’re in charge. | 爸爸在学神奇女侠摆姿势 所以你负责家里 |
[07:11] | Heat up some leftovers for Oliver and Anna-Kat. | 给奥利弗和安娜凯特热下剩菜 |
[07:13] | Mom, uh, I-I’m not allowed to make lunch | 妈 罐头汤意外后 |
[07:15] | after the soup-can incident. | 就不准我做午饭了 |
[07:31] | Oliver! What did you do?! | 奥利弗 你做了什么 |
[07:33] | You know, I could stay and make the kids lunch if you want. | 你想的话 我可以留下来给孩子们做午餐 |
[07:36] | You don’t mind? | 你不介意吗 |
[07:37] | Yeah, it’d be my pleasure. | 我很乐意 |
[07:38] | What about your kids? | 你的孩子呢 |
[07:40] | They’re fine. | 他们很好 |
[07:41] | They’re overachieving as we speak. | 我们讲话这阵 他们已经做的超出预期了 |
[07:46] | I’m watching you. | 我看着你们 |
[07:48] | Mom, don’t be so naive. | 妈 别这么天真 |
[07:49] | Can’t you see what’s happening? | 你没看出来情况吗 |
[07:51] | And what do you think is happening? | 你觉得是什么情况 |
[07:52] | Doris is playing you. | 多瑞丝在耍你 |
[07:54] | She only wants to stay because she wants to mess with me. | 她想留下只是因为她想整我 |
[07:56] | Whoa, whoa. And Taylor. | 还有泰勒 |
[07:58] | You see? She even admits it. | 瞧 她都承认了 |
[07:59] | Oh, Oliver, you’re cute. You think I’d take your side. | 奥利弗 你好可爱 以为我会护着你们 |
[08:02] | Kids, Doris is in charge. Teach them manners, Doris. | 孩子们 多瑞丝负责 教他们规矩 多瑞丝 |
[08:08] | All right, children. | 好了 孩子们 |
[08:10] | Welcome to Koreatown — | 欢迎来到韩国街 |
[08:12] | the sketchy part. | 非安全地带 |
[08:23] | Mrs. Campbell. | 坎贝尔太太 |
[08:25] | Mrs. Campbell is my transgender father. | 坎贝尔太太是我跨性别的父亲 |
[08:28] | Please call me Maggie. | 请叫我玛吉 |
[08:29] | Hi, Maggie. | 你好 玛吉 |
[08:31] | My name is Katie Otto. I’m Anna-Kat’s mom. | 我是凯蒂·奥图 安娜凯特的妈妈 |
[08:33] | I was wondering if I could talk to you about her drawing. | 不知能否可以和你谈谈她的画 |
[08:36] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[08:38] | What seems to be the issue? | 有什么问题 |
[08:40] | Well… | 那个 |
[08:43] | Crap! She’s a fellow fat. | 见鬼 她也是个胖子 |
[08:45] | How am I supposed to tell her | 我怎么才能在不冒犯她的前提下 |
[08:46] | I’m ashamed of my body without offending her? | 说我对自己的身材感到难为情 |
[08:48] | The truth is | 事实是 |
[08:50] | Anna-Kat’s dad doesn’t like how he’s drawn in the picture. | 安娜凯特的爸爸不喜欢画中他的形象 |
[08:53] | – Oh, my. – There’s kind of like a bald-spot issue, | -老天 -是因为秃斑的关系 |
[08:55] | and he’s very sensitive about what the other parents are gonna think. | 他对其他家长的想法很敏感 |
[08:59] | People can see the bald patch on his actual head, right? | 人们可以在他的头上看到秃斑 对吗 |
[09:01] | He wears a lot of hats. | 他戴帽子 |
[09:03] | Oh. Well, this is her only family portrait, | 她只画了这一幅全家福 |
[09:05] | but if you could get her to draw a new one, | 如果你可以让她重画一幅 |
[09:08] | I’d be willing to swap it out. | 我愿意换一张 |
[09:09] | Thanks for being so understanding. | 谢谢你这么理解人 |
[09:11] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[09:12] | But tell your husband in my experience, | 跟你丈夫说 以我的经验来看 |
[09:15] | children always draw the truth, | 孩子们总是画出事实 |
[09:16] | so he should learn to accept what he looks like. | 他应该学会接受自己的样子 |
[09:19] | So… | 所以 |
[09:21] | that kid has a dragon at home? | 那孩子家里有只龙吗 |
[09:24] | I don’t think so. | 我想没有 |
[09:30] | Kids, lunchtime! | 孩子们 吃午餐了 |
[09:33] | Ugh! It smells like | 闻起来好像 |
[09:34] | when our hamster committed suicide in the vents. | 咱家仓鼠在通风管里自杀的味道 |
[09:37] | This is Auntie Doris’ mixed meat stew. | 这是多瑞丝阿姨的独门肉杂炖汤 |
[09:40] | And none of you can leave the table | 不全部吃完 |
[09:41] | until you finish your entire meal. | 没人可以走 |
[09:43] | But I’m on a juice fast. | 但我在进行果汁断食 |
[09:44] | Stew is meat juice. Eat. | 炖汤是肉汁 吃 |
[09:48] | Mom, I can’t eat this. I’m on a juice fast. | 妈 我不能吃这个 我在进行果汁断食 |
[09:50] | Nope! Talk to Doris. | 不行 跟多瑞丝说 |
[09:52] | – Anna-Kat, you’re with me. – What? | -安娜凯特 你跟我来 -什么 |
[09:54] | That’s fine. I didn’t want the little one anyway. | 没事 反正我也不想管小的 |
[09:57] | Mom, can I be excused? | 妈 我可以走吗 |
[09:58] | Cooper Bradford is having a party | 库珀·布拉福德在开派对 |
[10:00] | and there’s rumored to be an Xbox One in a swag bag. | 有谣传说礼品袋里有游戏机 |
[10:03] | Talk to Doris. | 跟多瑞丝说 |
[10:04] | You know what? Fine. I’ll play your game. | 知道吗 行 你想玩我奉陪 |
[10:15] | Impressive stomach for a white child. | 对白人小孩来说 胃口真好 |
[10:19] | And where do you think you’re going? | 你以为自己能去哪里 |
[10:20] | Dude, I finished my stew. | 伙计 我喝完了炖汤 |
[10:22] | But your sister hasn’t. | 但你姐没有 |
[10:23] | And leaving the table before your sister has finished | 在姐姐吃完前离开餐桌 |
[10:25] | is not what little gentlemen do. | 这不是绅士应该做的 |
[10:27] | And I’m a grown-ass woman, so don’t call me “Dude.” | 我是成年女性 别叫我伙计 |
[10:30] | This is unfair. Mom! | 这不公平 妈 |
[10:32] | It’s no use, Oliver. I’m your mother now. | 没用的 奥利弗 现在我是你妈 |
[10:38] | Sweetie, Mommy loved your family portrait so much | 宝贝 妈妈好喜欢你画的全家福 |
[10:40] | that I want you to draw another one, | 所以要你再画一幅 |
[10:42] | preferably one where Mommy is wearing her new shirt, | 最好这幅中妈妈穿着新衬衫 |
[10:45] | which is a medium. | 是中号的 |
[10:46] | I’m not sure I can make it as good as the first one, | 我不能确定可以跟第一幅一样好 |
[10:48] | but I can try. | 但我可以试试 |
[10:50] | That’s all I ask. Now start drawing. | 这正是我的要求 开始画 |
[11:00] | I love it, but I have some thoughts. | 我好喜欢 但我有些想法 |
[11:03] | You see how you drew Mommy as a circle? | 你看你把妈妈画成了一个圆 |
[11:06] | How about this time, you try a different shape? | 不如这次试试不同的形状 |
[11:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:13] | Okay. This one’s on me. | 好吧 这次怪我 |
[11:17] | You see how you drew Mommy the same size as the house? | 你看你把妈妈画的跟房子一样大 |
[11:21] | Well, Mommy is in the house right now, | 妈妈现在在房子里 |
[11:24] | so that’s not right. | 所以这样画不对 |
[11:26] | Why don’t you try to draw Mommy inside the house? | 你不如试着把妈妈画在房子里 |
[11:29] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好 |
[11:35] | Oh, come on! | 拜托 |
[11:38] | We’re playing hide-and-go-seek. | 我们在玩躲猫猫 |
[11:39] | You lost because everyone can still see you behind the tree. | 你输了 因为大家可以看到你在树后面 |
[11:43] | Obviously, I’m going to have to take things into my own hands. | 显然 我只能亲手解决问题了 |
[11:46] | I have a fun idea. | 我有个有趣的主意 |
[11:48] | How about we do this next drawing together? | 不如我们一起来画 |
[11:50] | You draw everyone else and I’ll draw Mommy. | 你画其他人 我画妈妈 |
[11:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:54] | Let’s draw my high-school body with my now boobs. | 我就画上高中时的身材加现在的咪咪 |
[11:57] | Heck, let’s make them slightly bigger, because why not? | 见鬼 画得再大点 有何不可 |
[12:00] | Oh, my God. Hologram Tupac | 我的天 全息图图派克 |
[12:02] | just started a second set at Cooper Bradford’s. | 在库珀·布拉福德家开始第二场了 |
[12:04] | Taylor, if you have any love for me, | 泰勒 如果你爱我的话 |
[12:06] | you will break your juice fast right now. | 你现在就打破果汁断食的约定 |
[12:08] | No! I’m doing this for the both of us. | 不 我这样做是为了我们两个人 |
[12:10] | Remember when Mom had trouble waking us up? | 还记得妈妈叫不醒我们吗 |
[12:12] | Yeah, she tried everything | 她尝试了一切办法 |
[12:14] | until she invented throwing that frozen washcloth at us. | 直到她发明了冲我们扔冻毛巾 |
[12:17] | It is a beautiful day! | 今天天气这么好 |
[12:19] | Go outside and play! | 出去玩 |
[12:21] | Exactly. | 就是 |
[12:22] | If we cave, Doris will be the new Senor Freezy. | 如果我们投降 多瑞丝就会是新的冷冻先生 |
[12:25] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[12:26] | You’re not as dumb as everyone thinks you are. | 你没有大家想的那么笨 |
[12:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:30] | – Mom, please! – Mom, I fell again. | -妈 求你了 -妈 我又摔了 |
[12:31] | I’m not your mom. Doris is. | 我不是你妈 多瑞丝才是 |
[12:34] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[12:36] | Just a heads-up — I’m going out and Doris is in charge. | 提醒下 我要出去 这里多瑞丝负责 |
[13:01] | Anna-Kat drew this? | 这是安娜凯特画的吗 |
[13:08] | She drew it so much. | 绝对是她画的 |
[13:15] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[13:16] | It helps me see the children’s art more clearly. | 帮助我把孩子的画看得更清楚 |
[13:26] | These are not Anna-Kat’s crayon strokes. | 这不是安娜凯特的蜡笔画风 |
[13:29] | – Yes, they are. – No, they’re not. | -是的 -不是 |
[13:31] | Are you calling me a liar? | 你是说我在说谎吗 |
[13:33] | I’m saying that you’re lying right now, | 我是说你现在在说谎 |
[13:35] | and you do it so naturally, probably other times, too. | 你说的这么自然 可能其他时候也说 |
[13:38] | Okay. I’m gonna level with you, fatty to fatty. | 好吧 我就跟你说实话吧 胖子对胖子 |
[13:40] | Fatty to fatty? | 胖子对胖子 |
[13:42] | My husband doesn’t care how he looks in the drawing. | 我老公不在乎他在画中的形象 |
[13:44] | I do. | 我在乎 |
[13:45] | You know how, here in Westport, | 你知道在西港 |
[13:46] | people judge girls like us for the way that we look? | 人们根据我们的样子 来评判我们这样的女人 |
[13:49] | – No. – Well, they do. | -不 -是的 |
[13:50] | I’m sorry. I cannot accept a forgery. | 抱歉 我不能接受伪造品 |
[13:53] | What will my students think of me? | 我的学生会怎么想我 |
[13:55] | They’ll think nothing because they’re 7! | 什么也不会想 他们才7岁 |
[13:57] | Look, I’d get this moral stance if you were a real teacher. | 如果你是真正的老师 这种道德立场还可以理解 |
[13:59] | But aren’t you taking this job at the community arts center | 但你是不是有点把社区艺术中心的工作 |
[14:01] | a little too seriously? | 太当回事了 |
[14:03] | I thought fat people were supposed to be nice. | 我以为胖子应该是很和气的 |
[14:06] | You’re fat! We are both two fat people! | 你也是胖子 我们两个都是胖子 |
[14:10] | You know what? I’m taking this. | 知道吗 我要拿走这幅画 |
[14:14] | No. | 不 |
[14:17] | I’m sorry, Mrs. Otto. | 抱歉 奥图太太 |
[14:18] | But Anna-Kat’s original drawing will be displayed tonight. | 但安娜凯特原来的画今晚会展出 |
[14:21] | And for your information, I don’t think of myself as fat. | 告诉你 我不觉得自己是胖子 |
[14:25] | Well, people who sit next to us on airplanes do. | 飞机上我们旁边座位的人会觉得 |
[14:32] | One of the strangest things about being my size | 像我这样胖的人最奇怪的一点 |
[14:35] | is you don’t think about it all that often. | 就是你不会经常想这事 |
[14:37] | See you at the art show, Katie! | 艺术展上见 凯蒂 |
[14:38] | But then life figures out ways to remind you, | 但生活想到了办法来提醒你 |
[14:40] | like when joggers run around you or kids draw you | 比如说慢跑者从你身边跑过 或是你孩子的画 |
[14:43] | or you knock over a stranger’s drink with your hips. | 或是你的大屁股撞倒了陌生人的饮料 |
[14:50] | There’s nothing good about this situation, | 现在这种状况只有尴尬 |
[14:52] | so I am just gonna go. | 我还是走吧 |
[14:58] | So, I’m trying to feed your kids | 我想喂饱你的孩子 |
[14:59] | and I was wondering if it’s okay to put them in some stress positions. | 我想知道给他们来点压力姿势行不行[酷刑] |
[15:02] | Not Guantanamo, but Guantanamo-esque. | 不是古巴关塔那摩监狱里那种 类似的 |
[15:05] | Doris, no. | 多瑞丝 不行 |
[15:07] | Well, then I don’t know how to feed your kids. | 那我不知道怎么喂饱你的孩子 |
[15:08] | You know what? This is your fault. Yeah. | 知道吗 这是你的错 |
[15:10] | For not crushing their spirit when they were young. | 在他们小时候没有摧毁他们的精神 |
[15:12] | I don’t think breaking your kids down is the best thing for them. | 我不觉得让孩子崩溃对他们有好处 |
[15:16] | Of course it is. | 当然是的 |
[15:17] | You tear them down and then you build them back up | 你先摧毁他们 然后按照自己的意愿 |
[15:19] | into who you want them to be, like Katie did with you. | 把他们重组 就像凯蒂对你那样 |
[15:22] | Working from home is impossible. | 在家工作根本不可能 |
[15:25] | What are you doing? | 你做什么 |
[15:28] | Where are you looking? | 你看哪里 |
[15:29] | Oh, your crown moldings are filthy. | 你家的墙角线好脏 |
[15:32] | I do this ritual. It’s the only way I can write. | 这是我的仪式 只有这样我才能写作 |
[15:34] | Well, then stop writing. | 那就别写了 |
[15:36] | It’s not worth you losing your dignity like this. | 不值得像这样失去尊严 |
[15:43] | Greg, I need you. | 格雷格 我需要你 |
[15:52] | Oh, my. | 老天 |
[16:01] | Sweetie, I’ve got some bad news. | 宝贝 我有坏消息 |
[16:03] | Mama can’t go to your art show tonight. | 妈妈今晚不能去参加你的艺术展 |
[16:06] | I’m not feeling well. | 我不舒服 |
[16:07] | – What’s wrong? – Well, do you know what a gallbladder is? | -怎么啦 -你知道胆囊是什么吗 |
[16:10] | – No. – Great. | -不知道 -太好了 |
[16:11] | Mine is broken, but it’ll be better tomorrow. | 我的破了 明天会好转的 |
[16:13] | Don’t worry. | 不用担心 |
[16:15] | Daddy’s going to go to your art show. | 爸爸会去参加你的艺术展 |
[16:18] | But I want you to go. | 但我想你去 |
[16:20] | Well, you’d think she’d be happy I was going with her, but no. | 本以为我陪她去她会开心 但不是 |
[16:23] | Her disappointment was very clear. | 她的失望这么明显 |
[16:26] | Honey, come here. You got to snap out of this. | 亲爱的 过来 你得放下这事 |
[16:29] | I love you and you’re beautiful and I love you. | 我爱你 你很美 我爱你 |
[16:32] | Mostly, I love you for this body. | 最主要的 我爱你的身材 |
[16:34] | I love all this. All this body. | 我爱这所有的 你身体的全部 |
[16:37] | Are you drunk? | 你喝醉了吗 |
[16:38] | – Quite. – Right. | -相当醉了 -好吧 |
[16:40] | Mama, this is for your girl bladder. | 妈妈 这是治你的女生膀胱的 |
[16:43] | Aww. Thanks, pumpkin. | 谢谢你 小南瓜 |
[16:51] | Actually, I’m already feeling a little bit better. | 我已经感觉好些了 |
[16:56] | I have a feeling you’re gonna need this later. | 我觉得稍后你会需要这个 |
[16:59] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[17:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:03] | Mm. Well. | 好了 |
[17:05] | Oh, they’re really rolling. | 滚好远了 |
[17:14] | Look, Mama. My drawing’s in the center. | 看 妈妈 我的画在中间 |
[17:16] | Isn’t that neat? | 是不是好棒 |
[17:18] | Let’s go see it. | 我们去看看 |
[17:19] | Sure, honey. Just one sec. | 好的 宝贝 稍等一下 |
[17:21] | Can you help me gain the confidence | 你能够帮我增加自信吗 |
[17:23] | to face an entire room filled with women half my size? | 好面对这一屋子只有我一半瘦的女人 |
[17:29] | He’s a quiet drunk. | 他醉得一塌糊涂 |
[17:41] | Let’s go see your drawing. | 我们去看你的画 |
[17:43] | Suck it up, Katie. | 忍忍吧 凯蒂 |
[17:44] | What’s the worst thing they could be saying? | 她们能说出的最恶毒的话能是什么 |
[17:45] | “That drawing looks exactly like her.” | 那幅画画得好像她 |
[17:48] | “Maybe now she’ll start exercising.” | 也许现在她会开始运动了 |
[17:49] | “Katie Otto is so fat.” | 凯蒂·奥图好肥 |
[17:53] | Okay, I just hurt my own feelings. | 好吧 我刚伤害了自己的感情 |
[17:54] | I do not drink that much. | 我没有喝那么多酒 |
[17:57] | Do I? | 对吗 |
[18:00] | At least you’re in the drawing. | 至少画中有你 |
[18:01] | That’s my nanny. | 那是我家保姆 |
[18:03] | Everyone in town is so self-obsessed | 这里的每个人都那么以自我为中心 |
[18:06] | that no one’s even looking at Anna-Kat’s drawing. | 根本没人看安娜凯特的画 |
[18:11] | They’re all focused on themselves, | 她们只关注自己 |
[18:14] | and everyone already knows I’m overweight. | 所有人都已经知道我体重超标 |
[18:17] | All these moms have serious issues to hide. | 这些妈妈要隐藏的问题更严重 |
[18:22] | Westport is awesome! | 西港太棒了 |
[18:31] | You guys having stew for dinner? | 你们晚餐也吃的是炖汤吗 |
[18:32] | No. This is still lunch. | 不 这还是午餐 |
[18:34] | All right, this standoff ends now. | 好了 对峙到此结束 |
[18:48] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[18:50] | That was pretty good. | 很好吃 |
[18:52] | Meaty. And stewy. | 好肉 好炖 |
[18:55] | Go to bed. | 去睡觉 |
[18:56] | That’s a good idea. | 好主意 |
[18:59] | I just had another good idea. | 我刚有了另一个好主意 |
[19:03] | All right. | 好吧 |
[19:05] | Katie, have a good night. | 凯蒂 祝你晚安 |
[19:07] | Taylor and Oliver, see, your mom and I are friends, | 泰勒 奥利弗 你妈和我是朋友 |
[19:09] | so I’ll be seeing you again and again… | 所以我会再次再次又再次地 |
[19:12] | and again. | 见到你们 |
[19:14] | – Bye. – Bye. | -拜 -拜 |
[19:16] | I’m not done with either of you. | 我还有话跟你们说 |
[19:18] | Taylor, I need you to tell me the truth. | 泰勒 我需要你说实话 |
[19:21] | What is this juice fast all about? | 为什么要进行果汁排毒断食 |
[19:22] | Mom, I swear to you, | 妈 我跟你发誓 |
[19:24] | it’s just something fun to do with the team. | 只是和全队做的一件有趣事 |
[19:25] | So you’re not dieting? | 你没有减肥吗 |
[19:26] | You’re not doing this | 你这样做 |
[19:28] | because you’re scared you’re going to become fat like me? | 不是因为害怕会长得和我一样胖吗 |
[19:29] | God no! | 当然不是 |
[19:30] | Honestly, I don’t think of you as fat. | 说真的 我没觉得你胖 |
[19:33] | You’re just…Mom. You’re really not even a person. | 你只是妈妈 连人都不是 |
[19:36] | This disturbs and pleases me all at the same time. | 这话同时让我开心和闹心 |
[19:39] | Now that you mention it, you’re not that big. | 现在听你提起 其实你没那么胖 |
[19:42] | It’s mostly just boob. | 主要是咪咪 |
[19:43] | It is mostly boob, isn’t it? | 的确主要是咪咪对吗 |
[19:45] | Is that why you drew me big? Because I’m mostly boob. | 你把我画得很胖 因为主要是咪咪吗 |
[19:48] | No, Mama. | 不 妈妈 |
[19:48] | I drew you big because you’re bigger than all the other mommies. | 我把你画得很胖 因为你比其他妈妈胖 |
[19:51] | Got greedy there. Felt it. | 应该见好就收的 感觉到了 |
[19:54] | Okay, as long as this juice fast | 既然果汁排毒断食 |
[19:56] | is about having fun with your friends and you being healthy, | 只是为了和朋友一起开心下 保持健康 |
[19:59] | I’m okay with it. | 我没意见 |
[20:02] | Do you even know why I’m mad at you? | 你知道我为什么生你的气吗 |
[20:04] | – Just a general overall thing? – Exactly. | -一般的所有事吗 -对 |
[20:07] | Now go to your stupid friend’s house before I change my mind. | 在我改变主意前 去你的笨蛋朋友家吧 |
[20:09] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢谢你 妈 |
[20:12] | Oh, and I think Doris might be a sociopath. | 我觉得多瑞丝可能是反社会者 |
[20:15] | Little bit. | 有点 |
[20:35] | Now you’re in the homework zone. | 现在进入做作业的状态了 |
[20:40] | Doesn’t this concern you? | 你不担心吗 |
[20:42] | Pretty sure it’s a sign of genius. | 相当肯定这是天才的迹象 |