时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Hey, Tony, where you headed? | 托尼 你要去哪 |
[00:10] | I hear the white perch are schooled up. | 我听说白鲈鱼群已经游远了 |
[00:12] | Maybe look for some mackerel the east end of the canal. | 也许能在运河东边捕些马鲛鱼 |
[00:14] | Be careful when you head out, okay? | 出海小心点 知道吗 |
[00:16] | There’s another big storm headed in due south. | 有场大风暴正从南边过来 |
[00:20] | It’s messing with the tides. See you. | 掀起了大风大浪 祝一帆风顺 |
[00:22] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[00:45] | I think we hit something. | 我们好像撞到了什么 |
[00:59] | Oh, shit. | 我操 |
[01:14] | Next order of business: | 下个提议 |
[01:15] | The home at 29 Commercial | 商业街29号的房子 |
[01:18] | is requesting permission to change their shingles | 请求更换他们的瓦片 |
[01:21] | from our traditional “Simply White” | 从我们传统的”简单白” |
[01:24] | to “Mountain Peak White.” | 改成”山峰白” |
[01:26] | Can we see the samples? | 能给我们看下样品吗 |
[01:28] | Have you lost your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[01:30] | It’s a scandal that you would even ask. | 你也好意思拿到这说 简直是个丑闻 |
[01:32] | Why don’t you just paint them orange? | 你直接把它刷成橙色算了 |
[01:37] | Motion denied. | 驳回提议 |
[01:39] | Next order of business: | 下个提议 |
[01:41] | Jim Levy, the owner of McHenry’s, | 麦亨利的老板 吉姆·利维 |
[01:44] | is requesting a 16-inch easement into the neighbor’s green area | 申请40厘米的地役权 占用邻居的绿化面积 |
[01:48] | so he can have expanded outdoor dining. | 为了扩大户外餐饮面积 |
[01:50] | I believe Mr. Levy is present to make his case. | 利维先生已到场为我们讲解 |
[01:54] | Thank you, madam. | 谢谢 女士 |
[01:57] | As most of you know, I opened McHenry’s as sister restaurant | 在座大部分人都知道 我在这开了家麦亨利餐馆 |
[02:00] | to my flagship McHenry’s in Davis Square, Somerville. | 是位于萨默维尔市的戴维斯广场那家的分店 |
[02:02] | Can it, Levy. You’re wasting your time. | 别说了 利维 你就是在白费口舌 |
[02:04] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[02:06] | first of all, your name is Levy. | 首先 你的名字叫利维 |
[02:08] | I don’t know where you get off owning not one but two Irish pubs. | 我不知道你是怎么开两家爱尔兰酒吧 |
[02:11] | That’s called cultural appropriation, sweetheart. | 宝贝 这叫文化剽窃 |
[02:12] | Second of all, you have terrible taste. | 第二 你品味太差 |
[02:15] | And not just in your footwear. | 不单单从你的穿鞋品味看出 |
[02:17] | My friend Mitch Wilson lives in the house next to your restaurant. | 我朋友米琦·威尔逊就住在你餐馆旁边 |
[02:20] | He has exquisite taste. | 他就有很好的品味 |
[02:23] | And the last thing we need are your cheap plastic tables and chairs | 我们不需要你那些廉价的塑料桌椅 |
[02:26] | soiling his hydrangea bushes. | 来玷污他的绣球花灌木丛 |
[02:28] | Motion denied. | 否决提议 |
[02:29] | – But… – Denied. | -但… -驳回 |
[02:30] | – Come on, he’s be… – Denied. | -拜托 他… -驳回 |
[02:34] | Finally, Trooper Remy of the Mass State Police | 最后一位 马萨诸塞州警局的骑警雷米 |
[02:39] | would like a moment to speak to the group. | 想在我们议会上说几句 |
[02:45] | Chairwoman, council, I’m Trooper Jan Remy. | 主席 议会委员们 我是骑警简·雷米 |
[02:49] | I was sent by the state police | 马萨诸塞州警局派我来 |
[02:50] | to run the investigation into your murdered chief. | 主持警长谋杀案调查 |
[02:53] | I thought the chief was just missing? | 警长不是单纯失踪而已吗 |
[02:55] | She was, | 之前是 |
[02:56] | until a fisherman ran over her body in the harbor. | 可不久前一位渔夫在港口发现了她的尸体 |
[03:00] | And something you all may not know is that | 有件事你们可能不知道 |
[03:02] | the chief was investigating a series of murders. | 警长生前一直在调查一起连环谋杀案 |
[03:06] | They all followed the same M.O…. | 他们都死于同样的手法… |
[03:09] | Throat slashed with severe uneven wounds, | 脖子上被撕开一个不规则的大洞 |
[03:13] | and a draining of almost all of the victim’s blood. | 所有受害者的血也被放光了 |
[03:17] | I just examined the chief’s body | 我检查了警长的尸体 |
[03:19] | and observed the exact same wound pattern. | 发现她的死因和其他人一样 |
[03:24] | Boat propeller could have chewed her up. | 可能是因为她被船的螺旋桨卷进去了 |
[03:26] | Lotta sharks in the water at this time. | 现在正是鲨鱼活跃的季节 |
[03:28] | Which is why need to stop protecting the seals. | 所以我们要马上停止保护海豹 |
[03:32] | I don’t mind the sharks as long as they’re only killing Yankee fans. | 如果鲨鱼只吃洋基粉 我倒是不介意[纽约棒球队] |
[03:37] | I’m sorry, but this isn’t funny. | 不好意思 这是一件很严肃的事情 |
[03:39] | A law enforcement officer was murdered | 一位执法人员被谋杀了 |
[03:41] | by what appears to be a serial killer. | 还是连环杀人犯作案 |
[03:44] | Do you have proof that these cases are related? | 你有证据证明这些案件有关联吗 |
[03:46] | Right? DNA? | 没错 比如基因检测 |
[03:48] | Not yet. | 目前没有 |
[03:49] | I just don’t know why we would make a big fuss | 那为什么要这么小题大做 |
[03:51] | when we don’t even know if there’s a problem. | 我们都还没搞清楚问题所在 |
[03:52] | Your chief was brutally murdered and thrown in the harbor. | 你们的警长被残忍杀害 抛尸港口 |
[03:55] | I’d say that’s a problem. | 这还不叫问题吗 |
[03:57] | I mean, do we even know she was murdered? | 我们能确定她是被谋杀的吗 |
[03:59] | Maybe she went for a night swim. | 可能是她去夜泳 |
[04:01] | In her uniform? | 穿着制服游泳吗 |
[04:03] | And many of these murders occurred miles from the ocean. | 而且这些谋杀案大多发生在离海很远的地方 |
[04:08] | Do you think the sharks and the boat propellers | 你觉得鲨鱼和渔船螺旋桨 |
[04:10] | somehow came on land to kill all these people? | 会自己上岸杀人吗 |
[04:14] | Look, Trooper. | 听好了 骑警 |
[04:16] | We really appreciate what you’re trying to do here. | 我们很感激你办案的热情 |
[04:18] | Mass State Police are a wonderful organization | 马萨诸塞州警局是个出色的组织 |
[04:21] | full of fine men and women. | 里面人才辈出 |
[04:22] | – Absolutely. – Hear, hear. | -没错 -听我说 |
[04:25] | But these are wintertime problems. | 这些只是冬日怪谈而已 |
[04:27] | – What does that mean? – It means strange things | -什么意思 -意思就是 |
[04:29] | happen down the cape in the winter. | 这里冬天会发生很多怪事 |
[04:32] | Everyone knows it. | 人尽皆知 |
[04:34] | Us full-timers just accept it as the price of living in such a special place. | 我们当地人就当能住在这特殊之地的代价 |
[04:40] | But by the time spring rolls around, | 等春暖花开之时 |
[04:42] | you’ll see it all just magically stops. | 你就会发现所有的怪事都消失不见 |
[04:46] | And the worst problem we have? | 而那时候 我们最大的问题就是 |
[04:48] | Uh, traffic on Route 6, | 6号公路上的交通状况 |
[04:50] | a bad sunburn, | 强烈的紫外线 |
[04:52] | and too much butter on a lobster roll. | 还有龙虾卷上的黄油太多 |
[04:56] | So you’re saying I should just let this go? | 所以你是要我放任不管吗 |
[04:59] | We’re saying that everyone in this room | 我们的意思是这个房间里的所有人 |
[05:01] | depends upon the summer to pay for the winter. | 都要靠夏天旺季赚的钱来维持冬天的运转 |
[05:04] | We are saying that if you start making noise about this stuff, | 如果你大张旗鼓地调查这件事 |
[05:07] | maybe the papers in Boston will pick it up, | 波士顿的记者就会收到风声 开始报道 |
[05:09] | and then the New York rags, | 然后传到纽约 |
[05:10] | and then suddenly, all of those city-folk | 最后突然之间 所有城里人 |
[05:12] | who drive down for the weekend in July | 本应该在七月的时候开车来度假 |
[05:14] | to spend all of that sweet city money | 来此消费的人 |
[05:16] | get spooked and decide that maybe the Berkshires, or Newport, | 都被吓得屁滚尿流 然后跑去伯克郡 纽波特 |
[05:19] | or…God forbid… the Hamptons are just as nice. | 或者… 去汉普顿也一样 |
[05:22] | But not worth all the trouble and the worry. | 此外都是无关紧要的问题 |
[05:25] | The gays might stop coming. | 同性恋也不会再来 |
[05:30] | You’re all hiding something. | 你们都在隐瞒一些事 |
[05:32] | You know something. | 你们知道一些隐情 |
[05:33] | We know what’s best for this community. | 我们知道什么对这个社区最有利 |
[05:37] | We know what’s best for you. | 我们也知道什么对你是最好 |
[05:38] | I was sent by the State of Massachusetts | 我是马萨诸塞州派来 |
[05:41] | to come down here and find out what’s been going on, | 调查最近这段时间发生的事 |
[05:44] | and that’s what I’m gonna do. | 我不管你们怎么想 |
[05:46] | Impeding an investigation is a crime. | 妨碍执法是重罪 |
[05:49] | And they don’t serve lobster rolls in Walpole State Prison. | 沃波尔州立监狱里可没有龙虾卷吃 |
[06:04] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[06:06] | I’ll take care of it. | 我来处理 |
[07:21] | Look, we have been extremely patient and understanding | 我们对你们嗑药吸血这些破事 |
[07:25] | about this whole business with the pills and the blood drinking. | 已经非常耐心和理解了 |
[07:29] | I mean, the pales recede into the woods during the summer, | 那些苍白的游魂夏天都会躲到树林里 |
[07:33] | and you gluttons don’t feed on anybody who actual matters in this town. | 你们这些贪婪人也只猎杀无关紧要的人 |
[07:36] | And we don’t feed past Memorial Day. | 阵亡将士纪念日之后也不再吸血 |
[07:38] | Yes. The system has held. | 没错 一直维持着平衡 |
[07:40] | It’s a symbiosis. | 我们和谐共生 |
[07:41] | You get the freedom and the quiet to write and kill, | 你们可以自由和安静的创作及猎杀 |
[07:44] | and we get to brag about having artists make their winter home out here. | 我们可以吹嘘许多著名艺术家在此过冬 |
[07:48] | It adds to the charm. | 来吸引游客 |
[07:49] | But this winter has been completely out of control. | 但是这个冬天 局面完全失控了 |
[07:52] | I mean, you killed the chief. | 你们杀了警长了 |
[07:54] | If that isn’t the worst example of shitting where you eat, | 你们这些人非得 |
[07:57] | I don’t know what is. | 在厕所里面找屎吃吗 |
[07:58] | It’s not us. It’s the Hollywood people. | 和我们没关系 是好莱坞那帮人 |
[07:59] | – They ruin everything. – It’s true. | -破事都是他们干的 -没错 |
[08:01] | Belle and I are people of the letters. | 我和贝尔都是作家 |
[08:03] | Literature, the stage… these are art forms that demand | 文学 舞台… 这种艺术形式 |
[08:05] | a degree of decorum and restraint from their purveyors. | 需要有一定的礼仪和自控能力 |
[08:08] | These fucking Hollywood people have no decency. | 这些傻逼好莱坞人一点礼貌都不懂 |
[08:10] | And no self-control. | 也没自控能力 |
[08:12] | That beast of a man gave the pills to his child. | 那个禽兽还把药给他女儿吃了 |
[08:15] | It makes you think that maybe some of that QAnon business | 这让人联想到一些关于”匿名者Q”[各种阴谋论的集合] |
[08:17] | about them being satanic baby-killers is based in some fact. | 大肆虐待孩童的阴谋论也不是没有原因的 |
[08:21] | All I know is I told you two to get rid of him days ago. | 我早就叫你们赶紧解决掉他 |
[08:24] | I’ve been very busy. I’m on a deadline. | 我最近很忙 马上就到截稿日期了 |
[08:26] | Yeah, well, so are we. | 没错 我们也一样 |
[08:28] | The council asked me to convey a message: | 委员会要我传个话 |
[08:30] | “Get rid of the troublemakers, or all of you | “解决掉惹麻烦的人 要不然 你们 |
[08:34] | are suddenly gonna find yourself going into some very annoying zoning issues, | 就要面临非常麻烦的问题 |
[08:37] | including painting all of the curbs in front of your houses red | 包括在你们门前马路牙刷上红色 |
[08:41] | and declaring all of your domiciles as historic landmarks | 宣称你们的住所都是历史地标” |
[08:44] | which means that even to change a bulb will take a six-week approval process. | 到时候你们就算是换个灯泡 也得等上六周 |
[08:53] | You know, I stopped Burger King from opening in this town. | 当年汉堡王想在这开店都被我拦下来 |
[08:57] | I can stop you too. | 你们我也照样可以 |
[09:04] | So what’s the plan? | 我们要怎么办 |
[09:27] | So what do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[09:32] | I think you should kill yourself. | 我觉得你应该自杀 |
[09:35] | Because you will never write anything this good… | 因为你再也写不出比这更好的剧本了… |
[09:38] | no one will. No one has. | 史无前例 将来也不会有 |
[09:41] | Good, I’m glad you like it. I’m kind of proud of it. | 很好 很高兴你喜欢这剧本 我感到骄傲 |
[09:43] | This is really it, Harry. | 哈利 这真的很棒 |
[09:44] | I mean, this is your masterpiece. | 这是你的杰作 |
[09:46] | It’s your “Moby Dick,” | 是你的”白鲸” |
[09:47] | your “Romeo and Juliet,” your “Godfather.” | 你的”罗密欧与朱丽叶” 你的”教父” |
[09:50] | Thanks, I know. | 谢谢 我知道 |
[09:53] | Which is why I need to make a family announcement. | 所以我要向你们宣布一件事 |
[09:57] | Now that spring is coming, | 既然春天快来了 |
[09:58] | and I’ve written basically five years’ worth of stuff since we’ve been here… | 而且自从搬到这 我写的东西基本相当于五年写的量… |
[10:05] | We’re done. | 我们也该结束了 |
[10:08] | Done with what? | 结束什么 |
[10:10] | With the pills. | 停止服药 |
[10:12] | It’s been a fun ride, but it’s time to get off this crazy train. | 这段旅程很愉快 但是时候从这疯狂的列车上下来了 |
[10:15] | You mean until next winter, right? | 你是说下个冬天还来吗 |
[10:18] | I mean for good. | 我是说 永远 |
[10:20] | So now that you’re done with your masterpiece, we all have to stop? | 所以你完成了你的杰作 我们就都得停下来吗 |
[10:23] | – It’s not like that. – It’s exactly like that. | -不是那个意思 -你就是这个意思 |
[10:25] | – You’re being selfish. – I’m being a father. | -你好自私 -我要尽到父亲的责任 |
[10:27] | – All of a sudden? – Don’t say that. | -突然就变成父亲了 -别这么说 |
[10:29] | After everything I’ve done for you this winter… | 这个冬天 我为你付出这么多… |
[10:30] | bringing you thermoses of blood, | 给你那么多瓶血 |
[10:32] | not grounding you for life for giving your mother a pill | 没有因为你给妈妈服用药物 |
[10:35] | and condemning her to the misery of those pale people. | 让她与游魂为伍 而禁足你一辈子 |
[10:38] | That wasn’t just for me. You did all of that for you too! | 那不单为了我 也为了你自己 |
[10:44] | Tell him he’s wrong. | 跟他说 是他错了 |
[10:46] | Tell him that we can’t stop, that we don’t have to stop. | 跟他说 我们不能停下 没有必要 |
[10:50] | That we’re better than everybody else. | 我们比其他任何人都有天赋 |
[10:51] | That no one else matters but people like us. | 除了像我们这样的人 其他都不重要 |
[10:55] | Well, there is some truth to that, sweetheart. | 说得对 甜心 |
[10:57] | There’s a lot of truth. | 她说得对 |
[10:58] | Harry, you don’t take your foot off the gas | 哈利 你正在事业的上升期 |
[11:01] | just as you’re pulling out into the lead. | 这时候不能不加把劲啊 |
[11:03] | I don’t want to have to kill anymore. | 我不想再杀人了 |
[11:05] | I just want to raise you and enjoy the fruits | 我只想把你养大 |
[11:08] | of what we’ve accomplished this year | 然后好好享受我们这一年的成果 |
[11:09] | and maybe over time get some of my soul back. | 也许时间久了 我的灵魂能得以救赎 |
[11:13] | Yeah, it doesn’t work that way, bubbulah. | 不是这样的 |
[11:15] | Once you sell your soul, it’s gone. | 一旦出卖灵魂 就再也找不回了 |
[11:18] | I don’t want to believe that. | 我不愿相信 |
[11:19] | Because you’re framing it as a bad thing, | 你把它想成是件坏事 |
[11:21] | but it is not. It’s freedom. | 但并不是 这是自由 |
[11:23] | Why have a conscience or a moral code anymore? | 这时候还想什么良心和道德准则 |
[11:26] | You’re above all of that. | 你已经超越之上 |
[11:28] | This is what success feels like, Harry, | 这就是成功的感觉 哈利 |
[11:30] | It feels like superiority. | 成功让人有优越感 |
[11:36] | Alma, I believe in you. | 阿尔玛 我相信你 |
[11:38] | You are better at playing your violin than most of us will ever be at anything. | 你在拉小提琴上很有天分 比我们在各自领域的天分都高 |
[11:42] | And now I can be home all the time | 现在我可以一直待心无旁骛在家 |
[11:44] | with no distractions to support your dreams. | 支持你的梦想 |
[11:47] | I can just be a dad to you and your brother. | 我可以当奶爸 照顾你和弟弟 |
[11:49] | We can do this the right way. | 我们可以正确地发挥你的天赋 |
[11:52] | You just have to trust me. | 只要你相信我 |
[11:57] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:02] | I love you so much, honey. | 我很爱你 宝贝 |
[12:04] | I love you too, Daddy. | 我也爱你 爸爸 |
[12:25] | Insane Brainz Memory Boost. | 疯狂大脑 提高记忆力 |
[12:28] | It’s supposed to be cutting edge. | 这个应该很厉害 |
[12:29] | I guess it’s because “brains” is spelled with a Z instead of an S. | 可能因为单词后面跟的是Z不是S |
[12:32] | I feel the boost already. | 我已经有提高的感觉了 |
[12:35] | You really think vitamins are gonna make up for the black pills? | 你真的觉得维他命能替代黑色药片吗 |
[12:38] | I didn’t say that. | 我没这么说 |
[12:39] | I just think the transition’s gonna be hard for us, | 我只是觉得过渡期对我们而言不容易 |
[12:42] | and it can’t hurt to be as healthy… | 而且吃健康点儿不是坏事… |
[12:50] | – What? – I thought I saw her. | -怎么了 -我好像看到她了 |
[12:55] | Dad, you gotta let her go. | 爸 放下她吧 |
[12:58] | She’s not some stray cat that shows up on your porch. | 她不是什么出现在家门口的流浪猫 |
[13:01] | You’re talking about your mother. | 那可是你妈妈 |
[13:03] | That’s your mother out there. | 妈妈游荡在外 |
[13:04] | She isn’t anything anymore. She’s not even a person. | 她什么都不是 甚至都不是人 |
[13:08] | Whoever it was is gone. | 不管她是什么 已经过去了 |
[13:14] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[13:15] | Did someone break in? | 有人闯进家里了吗 |
[13:20] | Kay, you throw another number out. I’m gonna fly out there | 你再多说一个字 我就飞过去 |
[13:22] | – and kick you in the fucking face. – Ursula! | -给你脸来一脚 -厄休拉 |
[13:23] | Hang on. What? | 等等 怎么了 |
[13:24] | The kitchen door… It looks like someone broke in. | 厨房的门… 好像有人闯进来了 |
[13:26] | Broke in? Francis, I have to call you back. | 闯进家里了 弗朗西斯 我等会儿打给你 |
[13:39] | I know good help is hard to find, | 我知道找个好帮手不容易 |
[13:40] | but you really should look into a new babysitter. | 可你真应该找个新保姆 |
[13:43] | In the meantime, I’ve taken it on myself to look after the little bundle of joy. | 与此同时 我正照顾着这个小可爱 |
[13:47] | Don’t worry, he’ll be safe and sound and snug as a bug. | 别担心 他安然无恙 睡得踏踏实实 |
[13:50] | But if you aren’t at my house by sunset, that will change. | 可如果日落之前 你没有出现在我家 那就不一定了 |
[13:54] | PS: Make sure you bring the string plucker. | 另外 记得带上拉小提琴的姑娘 |
[13:58] | This needs to be a family meeting. | 这是一个家庭会议 |
[14:00] | Sincerely, Belle. | 谨启 贝尔 |
[14:05] | Eli’s gone. | 伊莱不见了 |
[14:06] | – She took him. – Who took him? | -她带走了伊莱 -谁 |
[14:07] | Belle. You didn’t hear anything? | 贝尔 你没听见任何动静吗 |
[14:09] | Well, I heard a bonk or two, but I figured | 听到几声碰撞声 |
[14:11] | he was just moving around in his crib. | 我以为他在婴儿车里滚来滚去 |
[14:12] | Newborns don’t move around in their crib. | 新生儿不会在婴儿车里乱滚 |
[14:14] | Well, what do you want me to say? I’ve been on the phone nonstop. | 那我还能这么办 我一直在接电话 |
[14:17] | I mean, Fincher, Cuarón, Nolan… | 芬奇 卡隆 诺兰…[皆为著名导演] |
[14:19] | they all want to work with you. | 他们都想与你合作 |
[14:20] | Why would she do this to Eli? | 她为什么要带走伊莱 |
[14:22] | There’s only one reason I can think of. | 我想只有一个原因 |
[14:24] | Belle’s had it in for us ever since she found out you were taking the pills. | 贝尔当初发现你服用药片后 就有这个想法了 |
[14:27] | That’s what this is about. She thinks we’ve crossed the line. | 这是原因所在 她觉得我们越界了 |
[14:30] | You mean she wants to kill us? | 你是说她想杀了我们 |
[14:32] | She won’t be alone. | 应该不止她一个人 |
[14:34] | Austin will be there. God knows who else. | 奥斯汀应该也在 不知道还有谁 |
[14:37] | We’ll never come out of there alive. | 我们不可能活着出来 |
[14:40] | We can’t call the police or… everything will come out. | 我们不能联系警察… 不然一切就会暴露 |
[14:43] | We gotta go get Eli, Dad. | 爸爸 我们得把伊莱带回来 |
[14:44] | I can’t risk losing you too. | 我不能再失去你了 |
[14:46] | You read the note. She wants both of us or she’ll kill him. | 你看到字条了 她想我俩一起去 不然就会杀掉伊莱 |
[14:50] | I’m not scared. | 我不害怕 |
[14:52] | I took out a police chief, remember? | 还记得吗 我干掉了警察 |
[14:54] | Plus, we have Ursula. | 而且 我们还有厄休拉 |
[14:58] | She’s right. You need to go to Belle’s and face them. | 她说得对 你得去贝尔家直面他们 |
[15:01] | But not with me. I’m not going with you. | 不过我不去 我不会跟你一起去 |
[15:04] | Chicken-shit little bitch. | 胆小的婊子 |
[15:07] | I am digging deep in my soul to find the small sliver of goodness | 我现在绞尽脑汁 寻找自己灵魂中仅存的一丝善意 |
[15:11] | that will allow me to overlook what you just said. | 让自己忽略你刚才说的那句话 |
[15:15] | Hear me out. | 先听我说 |
[15:44] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[15:48] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[15:51] | I know you’re out here! | 我知道你们在这里 |
[15:52] | I know that you can hear me! | 我知道你们能听到 |
[15:58] | Just hope you have enough brain cells left to understand. | 希望你们还有足够的脑细胞理解我的话 |
[16:02] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[16:15] | Look, I know this sucks, okay? | 我知道这很糟 |
[16:18] | I know you got a raw deal. | 我知道你们没有被公平对待 |
[16:20] | But you are not monsters. | 但你们不是怪物 |
[16:23] | You’re a bunch of Laurence Fishburnes. | 你们是一群劳伦斯·菲什伯恩[著名演员] |
[16:28] | Fishburne turned down “Pulp Fiction” | 菲什伯恩拒绝出演”低俗小说”[经典犯罪电影] |
[16:30] | because his agent told him he’d be working with John Travolta… a has-been. | 因为经纪人跟他说 他会和过气演员约翰·特拉沃尔塔合作… |
[16:36] | Now, look, you all made a very bad call, | 看看你们 做出了错误的决定 |
[16:39] | but it is not the end of the story. | 但这并不是故事的结局 |
[16:41] | Fishburne went on to beat out Sam Jackson for “The Matrix.” | 菲什伯恩击败了塞缪尔·杰克逊竞争到”黑客帝国”的角色[出演”低俗小说”] |
[16:47] | The moral of the story is that sometimes | 通过这个故事想告诉你们 |
[16:50] | there are second chances. | 我们会遇到第二次机会 |
[16:53] | And that’s what I’m here to offer you… a second chance. | 我来这里 也是为了给你们… 第二次机会 |
[16:57] | There is a new pill with a new formula. | 这是新药 新配方 |
[17:01] | Not only is it more potent than the last pill, | 不仅比之前的药片更有效 |
[17:03] | but it has no side effects. | 而且没有副作用 |
[17:05] | It might actually undo what happened to you. | 而且可能会让你们现在的症状消失 |
[17:08] | You have to understand… | 你们要知道… |
[17:10] | you can be cured. | 你们能被治好 |
[17:12] | You don’t have to live this way anymore. | 你们不用再这样活着了 |
[17:15] | I am not the enemy. | 我不是敌人 |
[17:17] | Okay? The people who took that pill | 好吗 那些吃了药片 |
[17:20] | and didn’t end up like you… they’re the enemy. | 却安然无恙的人… 他们才是敌人 |
[17:23] | They’re all laughing at you. | 他们在嘲笑你们 |
[17:25] | Every success they have is a slap in your face. | 他们取得的每个成功 都是打在你们脸上的一巴掌 |
[17:52] | Care for some baby charcuterie? I hear it’s delicious. | 想尝尝婴儿肉吗 我听说很好吃 |
[17:55] | Pull in the reigns, Daddy! | 别过来 爸爸 |
[17:56] | Come on. Come on. | 后退 再后退 |
[17:58] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好 我后退 |
[17:59] | Kay, good. Much obliged. | 很好 多谢 |
[18:03] | What do you want? | 你到底想怎样 |
[18:06] | Harry! | 哈利 |
[18:09] | Belle, whatever you’re thinking of doing, | 贝尔 无论你的目的是什么 |
[18:11] | just let me take my kids and leave town. | 只要让我带着孩子们离开这儿就行 |
[18:13] | I swear, you will never hear from us again. | 向你保证 你再也不会听到我们的消息 |
[18:17] | Until your supply of pills runs out. | 直到你们没药吃了 |
[18:19] | No, we’re off the pills. | 不 我们已经戒掉了 |
[18:22] | We’re never taking them again. | 再也不会吃了 |
[18:24] | I just want to go back to my old life. | 我只想回到原来的生活 |
[18:26] | Sure you do. | 想得挺美 |
[18:27] | Listen, I just finished writing something and it’s gonna be huge. | 我刚完成的作品一定会轰动一时 |
[18:31] | I don’t need the pills anymore. It’s the truth. | 我再也不需要吃药了 是真的 |
[18:33] | You forget you’re talking to a fellow writer. | 你忘了打交道的都是同行吗 |
[18:35] | Uh… correction: Novelists are writers. | 纠正一下… 小说家才是作家 |
[18:38] | Screenwriters are more like creative typists. | 编剧顶多就算个搞搞原创的打字员 |
[18:41] | Really, all we are is professional liars. | 说真的 我们都是职业骗子 |
[18:45] | And the truth is whatever we decide it is. | 我们左右着真相 |
[18:46] | But lucky for us, the tasting party is just getting started. | 不过我们很幸运 赏味派对才刚刚开始 |
[18:49] | Don’t hurt him! | 别碰他 |
[18:51] | I promise he won’t feel a thing. | 我保证他不会有任何感觉 |
[18:53] | But you, on the other hand, are going to feel it profoundly. | 倒是你 会刻骨铭心 |
[18:56] | Can’t say we didn’t give you a chance, Harry. | 别说我们没给过你机会 哈利 |
[18:58] | We tried to be welcoming. | 我们试过接纳你 |
[18:59] | P-town is a welcoming place. | 普镇是个好客的地方 |
[19:02] | But you fucked it up. | 可你搞砸了一切 |
[19:03] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[19:05] | It’s my fault, really. | 都是我的错 真的 |
[19:07] | I should have seen how this was going to pan out. | 我早该料到会有这样的结果 |
[19:09] | I mean, is there anything Hollywood hasn’t fucked up in the end? | 还有什么事儿好莱坞不会搞砸的 |
[19:14] | More often than not, whatever came out of there | 一般情况下 只要是那里出来的人 |
[19:17] | finished in a pool of its own piss. | 都不得善终 |
[19:20] | Whether it be Marilyn or even Fitzgerald. | 不管是玛丽莲还是菲茨杰拉德 |
[19:23] | I mean, even back in the early 1900s | 即使是上个世纪早期 |
[19:25] | when the silent pictures were coming out | 无声电影刚出现那会儿 |
[19:27] | and the film people were moving to Hollywood, | 电影人纷纷赶往好莱坞 |
[19:29] | the locals didn’t want them there. | 当地人却根本不欢迎他们 |
[19:31] | They called film people “movies” because they were all | 他们管拍影片的人叫”电影人”[英文move移动的谐音梗] |
[19:33] | moving around and causing trouble. | 因为这些人四处走动制造麻烦 |
[19:34] | It was a term of disdain. | 这是种贬义 |
[19:35] | The locals back, they were right and so are we. | 当地人最终回来了 他们没错 我们也是 |
[19:38] | But unlike them, we’re going to clean up this town! | 不过与他们不同 我们现在要肃清整个镇子 |
[19:54] | Go, come on! | 快走 |
[19:57] | Come on. | 藏好 |
[20:08] | Shit! | 见鬼 |
[20:36] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[21:00] | Well, | 很好 |
[21:02] | that went better than expected. | 比我预期效果好 |
[21:05] | Was touch and go there for a sec. | 有那么一瞬间是挺险的 |
[21:06] | I wasn’t sure I was getting through to them. | 我也不确定能否打动他们 |
[21:08] | But in the end, they bought it hook, line, and sinker. | 不过最后正中目标 他们还是相信了我的话 |
[21:11] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[21:12] | Now tell me how the fuck you did that. | 你他妈是怎么做到的 |
[21:14] | Well, sometimes it’s best not to ask how the sausage is made. | 有时候最好还是别刨根问底 |
[21:17] | Just know that I would do anything for my favorite client. | 只需要知道我愿意为了最尊贵的客户付出一切 |
[21:20] | All that wasted talent. | 真是浪费了你的才华 |
[21:28] | Oh, here, I’ll do it. | 给我 我来 |
[21:29] | He’s fine. he’s fine. See? Shh. | 他没事 他没事 看到了吧 |
[21:33] | Oh, Jesus, I think this kid is actually bringing out my maternal instinct. | 天哪 我觉得这孩子激发我的母性本能 |
[21:36] | I hope there’s a pill for that. | 多希望这有药能治 |
[21:40] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[21:42] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[21:45] | – You were so brave. – So were you, Dad. | -你太勇敢了 -你也是 爸爸 |
[21:47] | We’re gonna be all right. | 我们会没事的 |
[21:50] | We’re gonna get through this and go back to our old life | 会结束这一切 回到正轨 |
[21:52] | and be happy… the three of us. | 我们一家三口… 会很幸福 |
[21:54] | I’m sorry, Dad, but it’s just gonna be the two of us. | 对不起 爸爸 以后只有我们两人相依为命 |
[21:59] | – What? – I gotta be the greatest. | -什么 -我会成为最伟大的音乐家 |
[22:04] | I can’t let you stop me. | 你无法阻止我 |
[22:15] | I don’t think I’ll ever get used to that. | 我可能一直无法直视这幕 |
[22:17] | It’s a loss. He could have been the next Sorkin. | 真可惜 他可能会成为下一个索尔金[著名编剧] |
[22:19] | It’s fucking tragic. | 太悲剧了 |
[22:24] | So it looks like the new pill really works. | 看起来新药确实有效 |
[22:27] | Actually, they were old pills that I rejected | 事实上 那些药一度被我淘汰了 |
[22:29] | ’cause they caused some strange behavior. | 因为会诱发一些奇怪的行为 |
[22:31] | Made the users turn on each other. | 会让服用者互相攻击 |
[22:33] | On these poor fools, it made then turn on anyone using and talented. | 这些可怜的傻瓜会攻击所有吃了药并展现才华的人 |
[22:37] | Hmm, explains why they didn’t come after me. | 难怪他们没来追我 |
[22:40] | You really think the state trooper’s gonna believe this story? | 你真觉得州警会相信这个故事吗 |
[22:43] | That he killed all of them? | 相信他杀了所有人 |
[22:45] | Well, it’s gonna take a little dressing, a little finessing, | 可能需要一点修饰和编造 |
[22:49] | but a strung-out Hollywood writer | 不过一位好莱坞作家 |
[22:51] | under pressure and doing drugs going all Manson? | 因压力与毒瘾相互刺激下成了曼森[连环杀人犯] |
[22:53] | I think that’s a story I can sell. | 我会相信这个故事 |
[22:56] | But that can wait. | 那不是最重要的事 |
[22:57] | First, we set you up in La La Land | 首先 我们要把你安排到洛杉矶[别称] |
[23:00] | so you can start cranking out your pills. | 这样你就能批量生产药物了 |
[23:02] | There’s a whole city bursting with talent | 整个城市满是能人志士 |
[23:04] | just waiting to shell out for a boost. | 就等着一次灵感爆发 |
[23:08] | Do you mind? | 你们能回避吗 |
[23:09] | I don’t like people watching me while I eat. | 我不喜欢有人看着我进食 |
[24:05] | Show me your hands! | 举起手 |
[24:06] | – Get back! – Hands up! | -退后 -举起手 |
[24:21] | 好莱坞大街惨案 德国游客被警察袭击 洛杉矶警方尚未回应 | |
[24:21] | This is the fifth police officer who has been killed by fellow officers | 这是第五个在街上无差别袭击之后 |
[24:25] | after attacking what appears to be random victims in the street. | 被同事击毙的警察 |
[24:28] | We have learned that each of the dead officers are well-known members | 我们了解到 每一位死去的警察都是 |
[24:32] | of what police reform activists call the Bad Apple List, | 警察改革活动人士称之为”坏蛋名单”的知名成员 |
[24:35] | which is an unofficial database | 那是个非官方的数据库 |
[24:37] | of LAPD officers with multiple race-based complaints filed against them. | 其中里面包含有种族主义色彩的警察 |
[24:42] | Thank you, Miranda. More on this story at 10:00. | 谢谢米兰达 更多报道将在十点展开 |
[24:45] | You shouldn’t be messing with police. | 你不该惹警察的 |
[24:48] | I’m sorry, didn’t you kill and eat a cop? | 我听错了吗 杀害并吃掉警察的难道不是你吗 |
[24:51] | That was out of necessity. | 我是迫不得已 |
[24:52] | What I’m doing is out of necessity too. | 那我也是被逼无奈 |
[24:55] | Every one of those pricks had no business protecting and serving. | 这群混蛋没资格来保护服务民众 |
[24:59] | Racist, sadistic garbage. | 种族歧视 虐待狂 |
[25:01] | What if they find out that they’re all on your pills? | 要是他们查出来一切因你的药而引起的呢 |
[25:03] | They won’t. And if they do, | 不会的 即使他们查出来了 |
[25:05] | they won’t know what it is. | 也不会知道那是什么 |
[25:08] | It’s a proprietary formula, | 这是专业配方 |
[25:09] | which means the only people that know about it | 这意味着知悉这个药的人 |
[25:11] | are me and the military scum who paid for me to develop it. | 只有我 和赞助我研发的混蛋军方 |
[25:15] | And they’re not giving up their top security clearance | 他们不会说出最高机密 |
[25:17] | to help some local detectives | 来帮些当地警察 |
[25:19] | figure out what happened to a bunch of shitty cops. | 查一堆混账警察的案子 |
[25:22] | Look. I don’t need money anymore. | 看啊 我已经不需要钱了 |
[25:26] | Ursula’s taking care of that with her big client list. | 厄休拉讨好大客户们解决了这个问题 |
[25:28] | I have nothing left to prove as a scientist. | 我已经无需证明科学家的能力了 |
[25:31] | I think I’ll start giving back to my community. | 我得回报社会了 |
[25:34] | Do some public service. | 做些公益服务 |
[25:36] | For me, that means ID’ing the worst cops in the city, | 对我来说 这意味着找出城里的坏警察 |
[25:38] | sneaking them a little bit of my magic medicine, | 偷偷给他们吃点神奇小药丸 |
[25:41] | and sitting back and smiling | 坐在后面微笑着 |
[25:42] | as they slowly lose their shit and get what they deserve. | 看着他们慢慢失去一切 得到应得的报应 |
[25:45] | Now stop sassing me and practice your violin. | 别跟我顶嘴了 去练小提琴吧 |
[25:47] | You’re all of five years old trying to tell me how to be. | 你才五岁就想教训我 |
[25:49] | – I’m nine. – You wanna make it to ten? | -我九岁了 -你还想活到十岁吗 |
[25:57] | I know she is a first-time creator. | 我知道她是第一次创作 |
[25:59] | I know she was driving for Uber Eats a month ago. | 知道她一个月前还在送外卖 |
[26:01] | But this is what I do, Kevin. | 可我就是干这个的 凯文 |
[26:03] | I find geniuses and genius ain’t cheap. | 我擅长发现人才 培养过程需要付出很多 |
[26:06] | So either you up your offer by a lot, | 所以要么你把报价大大提高 |
[26:09] | or if you prefer, you can just suck my dick. | 要么你就给我滚蛋 |
[26:15] | Where’s Eli? | 伊莱在哪儿 |
[26:16] | With the nanny. How was your day? | 保姆那儿 你今天怎样 |
[26:18] | Oh, God, I’m destroyed. | 天哪 我累晕了 |
[26:19] | I’ve been trolling Starbucks all day handing out pills | 我一整天都在星巴克晃悠 |
[26:22] | to anyone with a laptop with a script on it. | 给每个在用电脑的人分发药物 |
[26:24] | That the most efficient use of your time? | 这是你找到最有效率的方式吗 |
[26:26] | Who has time to read submissions and talk to agents | 谁有时间看稿子 |
[26:29] | about who they think is talented? | 再跟经纪人聊他们觉得谁有天赋 |
[26:31] | I mean, we like this lifestyle. | 我们都喜欢这种生活方式 |
[26:32] | If we wanna keep it up, we’ve gotta be in the volume business. | 要是我们想保持下去 就要面对大量工作 |
[26:35] | You’re creating a lot of pale people. | 你会制造出一大批苍白游魂 |
[26:37] | Especially pushing pills at a Starbucks. | 尤其是在星巴克发药 |
[26:39] | No self-respecting writer writes at a Starbucks. | 没有一位有尊严的作家会在星巴克写东西 |
[26:42] | So what? If they’re talentless, they’re useless anyway. | 那又怎样 要是他们毫无才华 本身就是无用之材 |
[26:44] | That’s my girl. | 说得好 |
[26:46] | I can’t believe you turned out so well | 真不敢相信你这么棒 |
[26:47] | being raised by Harry and that glass of warm oat milk. | 尤其你是被哈利那个温吞性子给养大的 |
[26:50] | How’s the practicing? | 练习得怎么样了 |
[26:52] | Good. I’m ready. | 还行 准备好了 |
[26:55] | I know you’re gonna get it, sweetheart. | 我就知道你可以的 宝贝 |
[26:57] | I could use something to eat before I go, though. | 我走之前想吃点东西 |
[27:00] | Oh, I picked up a hustler | 我从圣莫妮卡和高地的甜甜圈店 |
[27:01] | from that donut shop on Santa Monica and Highland. | 带回来了一个鸭子 |
[27:03] | He’s out in the pool house. | 他在泳池外边的屋里 |
[27:06] | You look adorable. | 你真可爱 |
[27:08] | Proud of you. | 为你感到骄傲 |
[27:10] | – Oh, did you get donuts? – Of course I did. | -你买甜甜圈了吗 -当然 |
[27:18] | Not what I was expecting. | 跟我想象的不一样 |
[27:20] | Me neither. | 我也是 |
[27:23] | But I’ll take it. | 但我要了 |
[28:11] | Take a seat. | 请坐 |
[28:15] | All right, it’s down to the two of you. | 好吧 就剩你俩了 |
[28:17] | So just sit tight so the team can chat. Won’t be too long. | 让团队跟你们好好谈谈 不会太久 |
[28:21] | Though, to be honest, you’re making it a very hard choice. | 不过说实话 我很难抉择 |
[28:25] | You’re both wonderful. | 你们两个都很优秀 |
[28:34] | So… | 那… |
[28:36] | how long have you been playing? | 你拉了多久的琴 |
[28:38] | And don’t say, “Since I was a kid.” | 别跟我说”小时候就开始了” |
[28:39] | I’m better than you. | 我比你优秀 |
[28:40] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[28:41] | I said I’m better than you. | 我说我比你优秀 |
[28:43] | Did you listen to my audition? | 你听我的试奏了吗 |
[28:44] | No. I didn’t have to. I know I’m better than you. | 没有 没必要 我知道我比你强 |
[28:47] | I’m better than everyone. | 比任何人都厉害 |
[28:51] | Wow, you are something else. | 那你可真了不起 |
[28:56] | I’m a prodigy too. Graduated Juilliard when I was 16. | 我也是天才 16岁就从茱莉亚音乐学院毕业了 |
[29:00] | You’re new to this game, | 你还是个萌新 |
[29:01] | but what you’ll start to realize is that there are lots of us. | 但你要知道 天才有很多 |
[29:04] | Most of the players in the big philharmonics were prodigies. | 大型交响乐团大部分演奏家都是天才 |
[29:07] | It’s not as big a deal once you meet others like you. | 跟你一样的人 司空见惯 |
[29:09] | There are no others like me. | 没人像我一样 |
[29:11] | I guess that’s true, but you think that’s a good thing. | 我想这是真的 但你觉得这是好事 |
[29:15] | It’s actually why you’re not going to get this job. | 这就是你为什么你得不到这份工作 |
[29:19] | If you get first chair, it’s a huge story. | 你要是当了首席 那真是大事了 |
[29:23] | “Today Show,” “People” magazine, | “今日秀” “人物杂志” “60分钟时事评论”都会报道 |
[29:24] | “60 Minutes” maybe, if it’s a slow news month. | 只要这个月没什么新闻 |
[29:27] | You’re a novelty. A distraction. | 你是颗新星 会引发亮点 |
[29:29] | Audiences will come to see you | 观众会来看你 |
[29:30] | and get bummed out if you’re not featured. | 你若是不够优秀 他们会很失望 |
[29:33] | It’s bad for morale. | 很打击士气 |
[29:35] | Makes it impossible to play anything that doesn’t have a violin solo. | 没有小提琴独奏的曲子就没法演奏 |
[29:41] | It becomes a freakshow. | 最终变成一场畸形秀 |
[29:45] | We play classical music. We are as square as we can be. | 我们演奏古典乐 就只能老老实实的 |
[29:51] | You’re the bearded fucking lady, kid. | 你就是个异类 孩子 |
[30:01] | What? | 怎么 |
[30:17] | Where’d Rory go? | 罗里去哪了 |
[30:18] | He said he was going out back to have a cigarette. | 他说他去外面抽根烟 |
[30:57] | Talent rises, | 天才越来越多 |
[30:59] | but it is nothing without craft. | 但没有工具什么都不是 |
[31:01] | That’s why you need the Story Prism. | 所以你需要故事棱镜 |
[31:06] | The Story Prism is hard like a diamond. | 它跟钻石一样坚硬 |
[31:08] | It takes commitment. | 它需要投入 |
[31:11] | You. Stand up. | 你 起来 |
[31:14] | You look confused. | 你看起来很困惑 |
[31:15] | I still don’t understand the difference between | 我还是不懂原始构思 |
[31:18] | the Primal Defense Co-tagonist or the Shadow-Trickster Pre-tagonist. | 和现在的构思有什么区别 |
[31:22] | Why does it have to be so complicated? | 为什么搞得这么复杂 |
[31:24] | Because drama is life and life is complicated. | 因为戏剧就是生活 生活就是复杂的 |
[31:28] | Now get the fuck out. | 你滚出去吧 |
[31:29] | He’ll never amount to anything. | 他将一事无成 |
[31:31] | He’s never gonna write a screenplay that gleams like a diamond. | 他永远不会写出像钻石一样闪闪发光的剧本 |
[31:34] | And full refund. | 全额退款给你 |
[31:35] | He’s gonna need every penny he’s got. | 他会很需要每一分钱 |
[31:37] | Screw you. | 去你妈的 |
[31:41] | Now for the rest of us, I have a surprise. | 现在 我给大家带来一个惊喜 |
[31:44] | I told you when you finished my seminar | 我说过 听完我的研讨会 |
[31:46] | you would walk out of this building changed. | 走出大楼 你就会有所改变 |
[31:49] | Well, get ready to meet someone. | 准备好见见我们的嘉宾 |
[31:52] | Her client, the late Harry Gardener, just swept the awards season. | 她的客户 已故的哈利·加德纳 横扫了整个颁奖季 |
[31:56] | And in the last six months, other clients have barnstormed this town. | 过去的六个月 其他客户也在这个城镇里巡演 |
[32:00] | They’re launching projects all over broadcast and streaming. | 他们通过广播和流媒体开展项目 |
[32:03] | It’s an unprecedented winning streak. | 取得不可思议的胜利 |
[32:06] | Ursula Khan. | 厄休拉·坎 |
[32:10] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢大家 谢谢 |
[32:17] | A writer once said, “Writing is easy. | 有位作家说过 “写作很容易 |
[32:21] | Just sit at your desk, open a vein, and bleed.” | 就坐在桌前 割脉 然后流血” |
[32:25] | Now, we’ve all heard that quote, right? | 我们都听过这句话吧 |
[32:27] | And it’s been attributed to a lot of people. | 很多人都坚信 |
[32:29] | But whoever did say it didn’t know the half. | 但是说这话的人根本不懂真正含义 |
[32:32] | If you want the brass ring, you better be wearing brass knuckles. | 没有金刚钻就别揽瓷器活 |
[32:36] | Greatness comes with a price. | 成功是需要代价的 |
[32:38] | And you just have to ask yourself, | 问问你自己 |
[32:41] | how much do you want it? | 我有多渴望 |
[32:43] | Are you ready to bleed? | 准备好流血了吗 |
[32:46] | – Are you? – Yes! | -准备好了吗 -准备好了 |
[32:49] | I’d like all of you to reach under your seats right now. | 现在你们往座位下方看一下 |
[32:52] | Don’t be shy. | 别害羞 |
[32:53] | There’s a little something special under there. | 座位下面有个特别的小东西 |
[32:57] | Now, it looks like a pill, but it’s not. | 看起来是个药丸 但并不是 |
[33:01] | It’s the key to condos in Malibu, to dinner meetings with Charlize, | 它是马布里公寓的钥匙[高档住宅区] 与查理兹共进晚餐的机会[著名女星] |
[33:06] | to reservations at the Tower Bar. | 能让你订到塔楼酒吧的位 |
[33:09] | Tell yourself it’s a vitamin. | 就把它当成维他命 |
[33:11] | A sugar pill placebo packed with Satan. | 裹着糖衣炮弹的药丸 |
[33:15] | Just don’t say no. | 别拒绝就好 |
[33:17] | Wait. | 等等 |
[33:19] | I’m sorry, you didn’t tell me about this. | 抱歉 你没告诉我这事 |
[33:21] | Is this a stimulant? | 这是兴奋剂吗 |
[33:23] | Because good writers don’t need that. | 优秀作家不需要这个 |
[33:24] | I don’t need that. | 我不需要 |
[33:26] | I’m sorry, we’ll take a quick break… | 不好意思 我们休息一下… |
[33:28] | Shut the fuck up, you hack. | 闭嘴吧 你个老头 |
[33:30] | You teach a screenwriting class. | 你教剧本编辑课 |
[33:31] | Have you ever sold a fucking script? | 你他妈的卖过剧本吗 |
[33:33] | – Yes. – One. | -卖过 -就一个 |
[33:35] | A failed Orion Stallone flick back in ’88? | 就那个88年猎户座公司请史泰龙出演的烂剧本吗 |
[33:39] | You know nothing. | 你知道个屁 |
[33:41] | I know something. | 但我知道 |
[33:43] | Would you all rather listen to me | 你们是听我的 |
[33:44] | or this sad, fraudulent typist? | 还是听这个可悲的 忽悠人的打字员 |
[33:49] | You. | 你 |
[33:50] | Everything you’ve heard is bullshit. | 你们在这听的都是屁话 |
[33:54] | Reality isn’t the choice between the blue pill and the red pill. | 现实并不是红蓝药丸的抉择[电影”黑客帝国”里的梗] |
[33:58] | It’s the black pill. | 而是黑色药丸 |
[34:00] | This pill. | 这个药丸 |
[34:02] | My special vitamin brain sauce stimulant | 我特制的维他命 大脑兴奋剂 |
[34:05] | with zero risk and maximum upside. | 零风险 高效益 |
[34:08] | I’m gonna tell you a little something about success | 我来告诉你们成功的小秘密 |
[34:11] | that is the bedrock of this dirty business | 也就是这个肮脏行业的基石 |
[34:13] | that no one else wants to admit. | 没人愿意承认这点 |
[34:15] | It’s just one swallow away. | 只要吞下去就好 |
[34:20] | Spit or swallow… the choice is yours. | 吐出来还是吞下去… 你们自己决定 |
[34:38] | Now, as it’s going down, that tingling that you feel? | 现在 吞下之后 感觉到灵感闪现了吗 |
[34:41] | It’s not the pill and it isn’t that food truck burrito | 吞下的不是药丸 不是午餐吃的墨西哥玉米饼 |
[34:44] | you had for lunch and it isn’t nerves. | 也不是精神问题 |
[34:46] | It’s the future taking hold. | 而是抓住未来的机遇 |
[34:51] | Your future. | 你的未来 |
[35:03] | It looks like the streets are running red with blood and metaphors. | 看来街头上充斥着血液 |
[35:06] | At least all of those no-talent monsters are taking their pain out in a real way. | 至少没天赋的怪物能用真实的方式发泄痛苦 |
[35:11] | Being great is hard. | 成为优秀的人是很难的 |
[35:13] | The rest of us just don’t get it. | 其他人根本不理解 |
[35:15] | We drive ourselves crazy with envy | 嫉妒迫使我们疯狂 |
[35:17] | longing for just a taste of the delicious madness of the creative mind. | 都渴望尝一尝创造性思维的滋味 |
[35:23] | But the truth is, | 但事实是 |
[35:24] | most people aren’t willing to put in the work. | 大多数人不愿意投入努力 |
[35:26] | They focus on the success, the notoriety, the wealth | 他们看重伟大艺术带来的成功 |
[35:29] | that their great piece of art will bring. | 名声和财富 |
[35:32] | But the journey there is tedious. | 但这过程是很枯燥的 |
[35:34] | And those that achieve greatness only do so | 成功之人之所以成功 |
[35:36] | because they are fucked up enough to push through the pain | 就是因为他们经历了足够多的痛苦和失败 |
[35:39] | and failure it takes to reach your potential. | 才挖掘出最大潜能 |
[35:42] | At least with these pills the world can find out if you’re any good. | 至少这些药丸 让世界发现你是否有天赋 |
[35:45] | Sorry, baby. | 对不起 宝贝 |
[35:47] | Shh, don’t cry. | 别哭了 |
[35:50] | We’re gonna move on to another place, | 我们去别的地方 |
[35:52] | create another drug… | 创造另一种药… |
[35:53] | maybe one that will make you and I live forever. | 或许还能让你我长生不老 |
[35:56] | Mommy’s here. | 妈妈在这 |
[35:58] | She’s on top of it. | 一切都在掌控之中 |
[36:02] | To be told we are talented, | 被告知我们有天赋 |
[36:04] | isn’t that all we ever want? | 难道不是我们想要的吗 |
[36:09] | The truth is, history will only remember a handful of us, | 事实是 历史只会记住我们小部分人 |
[36:11] | but at least now we’re leveling the playing field. | 但至少我们在创造公平的竞争环境 |